Speaker 1: Well, we have come in.
Speaker 2: To your city. I get tars and saying you a conscious sun.
Speaker 1: Will be entire tell and if you want a little banging.
Speaker 2: A union and come along.
Speaker 3: But Biden have won the twenty twenty four election had he stay in the race. Truthfully, I categorized his statement as flat out bonkers.
Speaker 4: Despite what you have heard from Caruso, no firefighters have told us that they are running out of water.
Speaker 2: Gg what can you tell us?
Speaker 5: Well, firefighters have told me they have no water on this block right now. If you need help, emergency information, resources and shelter is available.
Speaker 2: All of this can be found at your elf.
Speaker 6: AFRAIDO, is that in style? Welcome to the revolution.
Speaker 2: Coming to your city.
Speaker 7: Go way.
Speaker 2: I get Tarzan saying you a conscious salt.
Speaker 8: The New Sean Hennity Show more I'm the scenes, information on freaking news and more bold inspired solutions for America.
Speaker 3: Stay right here for our final news round up and information overload.
Speaker 8: A news round up, Information overload hour. Here's a toll free number. It's eight hundred and ninety four to one, Sean. If you want to be a part of the program. You know this whole issue of environmental radicalism extremism has been with us a long time, and and you've had these these groups out there. They have basically been co opted. The left has been co opted by these groups and pressured by these groups, and slowly, but surely it culminated in an administration that is willing to spend a fortune of your money when it comes to oh, that's okay, you're gonna have to retrofit your home.
Speaker 2: Oh that's okay.
Speaker 8: Uh, you're going to have to get a new washer and dryer, new air conditioner, new refrigerator, new appliances without any consideration at all. There's a report out today with Donald Trump now considering an executive order to protect gas powered appliances. You know, consumer watch dogs are pointing out how much the Biden administration and their radical environmental agenda is costing homeowners and accord. According to the Alliance for Consumers, all of these mandated green updates from Biden regulations and Harris regulations are called could cost the average American family nine thousand dollars. That's on top of Biden inflation, Biden energy prices, everything you pay for inflation, everything you buy, and every story you go to through the roof and it's all based on this ridiculous insanity that America should not you know, be fossil fueled. The dependent, I mean, the effort to really eliminate all fossil fuels are real. We see the sabotage with what the moratorium Joe Biden tried to put in place. It will be overcome by Donald Trump in the final hours as he's leaving office. You know, we're selling off portions of the border walls. Just anger, resentment, bitterness, pettiness on his part. It's pretty unbelievable. But this movement has been building for some time. The year that I went out to the San Joaquin Valley and did the story on the Delta smelt was two thousand and nine, and they had all of these farms as far as the eye can see that we're not able to grow crops because they wanted to protect and save the water for a little minnow fish called the delta smelt. Now you probably are thinking, well, the delta smelt is an endangered species.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. It's like a minnow.
Speaker 8: You know, if you've ever been fishing and you take a little minnow, you put it on the end of your hook to catch a bigger fish.
Speaker 2: Know what it looks like.
Speaker 8: It's not that big a deal, and there's plenty of them, probably too many of them. But the fact that the government of California chose the Delta smelt not an endangered species over farmers and people and their ability to eat food at a cost rate that is effective for them is insanity. Let's take you back to nine. This is when I went out to the San Joaquin Valley.
Speaker 9: Tonight, we bring you an update on a story that we covered back in May. The Central Valley of California was once considered the bread basket of America, but now farms all over that region have been allowed to dry up. Now why because of a two inch minnow on the endangered species list? How environmentalists claim that the fish was getting caught in the water pumps that provided the farms with water, so to protect the tiny fish, the pumps were turned off.
Speaker 2: Did I ever sound like that, Linda? Really, it is so painful to hear that. Even I have to say.
Speaker 6: What's funnier about it is looking at it with you and Devin Nunez, and it's just I don't.
Speaker 8: Know, it was just funny, oh funny for you not funny for me, nay for me. Indeed, let's go to Donald Trump in twenty eighteen standing next to Gaven Newsom and advising him and stressing the importance of proper forest management.
Speaker 2: Listen, cleaned out and protected.
Speaker 10: We've got to take care of the floors, you know, the floors of the forest very important.
Speaker 1: You look at other.
Speaker 10: Countries where they do it differently, and it's a whole different story. I was with the President of Finland and he said, we have a much different We're a forest nation. He called it a forest nation. And they spent a lot of time on breaking and cleaning and doing things and they don't have any problem. And what it is, it's a very small problem. So I know everybody's looking at that to that end and it's going to work out.
Speaker 8: Oh you see nothing but passing the bug flame and no accountability of people that have been in office many decades out in California. And the bottom line is is that the mismanagement of California's fire policies have made it vulnerable year after year after year. As this wildfire now is raging through not only the Pacific Palisades but now into the Hollywood Hills, into Santa Monica, and God knows how far and why this is going to go. The fire has not been contained as of this hour, and hopefully some of the winds, you know, are beginning to die down a little bit according to some reports, that would be good. But people's lives have been lost. Thousands of homes have been lost. And you know, everybody's more concerned about quote Trump proofing California when they should have been fire proofing people's communities knowing that they have this history of wildfires. Now, our friend Mark Bernovich, former Attorney General with the Great State of Arizona, handled a lot of litigation relating to these rules, dealing with quote, carbon emissions and job killing environmental regulations and anyway he joins us. And this has now been building for decades. That clip I've played, which by the way, was very distorted. I don't think that sounded like me at all, But that clip was from two thousand and nine, a long time ago.
Speaker 2: We've been on this issue.
Speaker 11: Well, Sean, thanks for having me on. And I will say your voice is improving with age, so that you got that going for you. Sometimes when I'm on your show, people will call me or text me and say it sound like Darth Vader. So I'm not sure what that's about, but I will let me just as you said, this has been building for decades. And this is what I used to always say, even in court, that when the Soviet Union collapsed, communism didn't die. All those people just ended up in the environmental movement. Make no mistake about it. This has become a religion for people. And it's a terrible tragedy what is happening in California right now. But the reality is for decades environmentalists, as you pointed out, have you know, stopped you know, water from throwing to the southern California or flowing into farms because of species that are using the Dangerous Species Act for protected species or other species that are plentiful. But we saw even when I was ag we were involved with litigation in the Ninth Circuit where these environmental groups basically use NEPA, the National Environmental Protection Act, to go into court to stop any sort of development or even forest sitting. So they think they know what how to manage a forest or land better than the Forest Service. And what ends up happening. They first of all, they destroyed the logging industry, in the timber industry in Arizona. Secondly, because you don't sind forests out anymore, or they don't send the woods and the mountains in California anymore. What ends up happening is you end up getting more trees per acre, so when you have a fire, it's more intense, it's harder to fight. And not only that, if the environmentals are smart, they would recognize that when there's more trees per acre, that means there's less flow in the spring into the reservoirs in California and Arizona and other places because there's more trees sucking at more water. So the environmentalists created this. There is a man made crisis with our environment, but it's created by the zealots in the environmental movement that care more about minnows than they do about human beings.
Speaker 8: It really is something. Correct me if I'm wrong, mister Attorney General. My understanding is you can actually go to college and get a degree in forestry.
Speaker 2: Is that not correct?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 11: I have a beef with the higher education establishment. That's what it is. So I'm guessing they offer all sorts of degrees and all sorts of like crazy studies that are pretty much, I don't know, worthless. But that's a whole different debate discussion, because I sued the universities here and it was crazy what we found out during discovery of not only were people's tax dollars or going to public universities, but the types of classes that people were forced to take and the type of degrees that were offered. Anyway. But getting back to the environmental stuff, which we I was very involved in. One of the things that we got our members. Don't forget the ESG, the Environmental, Social and Governance scores. Biden's SEC went out right towards the end of my term as AG. We went into court to stop Biden's SEC Security and the SEIS Commission from promulgating. They had new rules that basically added all these burdensome requirements on publicly traded companies and they literally had to consider their ESG score. I mean, I always say that, you know, people like my mom that worked very hard. You know what the green she cares about is the green and her retirement account. She doesn't want the SEC saving you know, force. I mean, that's not the job of federal bureaucrats, and as you said, as I've said, make no mistake about it, This environmental movement has become a religion for some people and it is who creates all their meaning for them. And they literally care more about trees or smelts or whatever than they do about human beings. And it's not only a cost in dollars, as you said earlier. You know, we're talking about thousand dollars in costs. And you know we were involved in litigation. We tried to see Biden over his rules on the appliances. But this SD stuff, this is very roke. And this is the stuff where they're going to basically co opt their takeover a lot of companies. And this is the Left wants to control your pocket book. They want to control you through regulations. And once you can control people's livelihoods and their property, then you can control the way they vote. And so this is all classic neo Marxism, you know, the playbook. They've just latched onto the environmental movement to achieve their goals and their ends.
Speaker 8: It really is amazing how they masquerade as environmentalists. Let me ask you, how do you think the air quality in la is today?
Speaker 11: It's terrible. It's always terrible, you know. And one of the things that's really quick we were involved in air qual litigation. I was ag One of the things that bothered me so much is Southern California was exempt from a lot of the the federal air requirements because it's California. They get treated differently. And it is a terrible tragedy what's going on there right now. But people should realize this is what happens when you californaicated state and they've created not only job killing regulations, they've pandered to the far left, to the environmentalists, and you're going to see a bunch of people fleeing that state again. And they said, it's a terrible tragedy. But if the'd we're gonna move to Arizona, Texas or Florida. I just hope they remember that. You know, lots of regulations, insane laws, lots of taxations don't work where you have a beautiful ocean and beautiful farmland. Ain't gonna work in the deserts.
Speaker 2: All right, quick break, welcome back.
Speaker 8: More with former Arizona Attorney General Mark Burnovitch on the other side, we'll get to your calls. I know many of you have been very patient today. Eight hundred and nine to four one. Shawn is on number. As we continue, right, we continue with former Attorney General State of Arizona, Mark Bernovitch is with us. He's been involved in a lot of the lawsuits involving these environmental lunatics. What you're really pointing out, I think is very very clear, and that is this environmental radicalism that that movement has has really evolved into the leftist Marxist status socialist agendas, as best exemplified by the New Green Deal.
Speaker 2: Is that a fair analysis, absolutely, one hundred percent.
Speaker 11: And it is so bad. I remember when I was running for reelection of ag you have these left wing groups spending millions, millions of dollars to attack me because of my views on the environment. I spoke at the University of Virginia law school a few years ago about what a sham so much of this environmentalism is, and like talking about facts and you know why we need We don't need these job telling regulations and these statutes. And a student is crying, a lawsuit was crying, and I told him, I said, my guy, if you can't handle me talking about their mental movement for forty five minutes and telling you why there's all these all this hypocrisy and all these holes in it. And al Gore is living in a ten thousand foot square home that takes up more energy than the entire blocks around him. And Leonardo DiCaprio is preaching environmentalism while he's flying on private debts to private islands. There's so much hypocrisy in the movement because it is it's neo Marxism, where do as they say, not as they do. They are they're hypocrites. And if you look at the data, if you trust the science wherever you want to say, so much of what they're saying is bs. And one of the things that I used to point out, there's an article from the early seventies and Time magazine that had a picture of the Earth with the giant ice sheetover and I used to use that. I used to hold it up and if you read the first paragraph that Time magazine story, it talked about the scientific consensus is in because of man kind, we are for chever changing environment and have now created a global ice age. And then when temperatures started warming up in the eighties and nineties, then it became global warming because the Earth's temperature is constantly changing. I mean, the Great Lakes are created ten thousand years ago by we have an ice age in America, the ice age, the ice sheet receded and that's how the Great Lakes were formed. And so we've gone through these cycles of hot, cold, hot, and cold. And it's the arrogance of human beings to think that somehow we are radically, you know, changing the environment. But what has happened is enough people believe that like a religion. If people have lost faith in God, they'll believe in anything. And the neo Marxists, the socialists have latched onto it because they understand this is how you can emotionally control people, and you can create this crisis where people have to act, oh my gosh, we need a bigger federal government, or we need less trees, we need to save snales instead of desalinizing water in southern California. There's all these issues which are all about control, and there's so much hypocrisy and the environmental movement. Quite honestly, it makes me sick.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't worry.
Speaker 8: By the time they're all said and done, they'll blame Donald Trump, I do have to run. We appreciate your expertise on this. Former Attorney General Great State of Arizona, Mark Bernovich with us. Thank you, sir, We appreciate your time. I'm twenty five to the top of the hour of your calls. Coming up straight ahead in just a minute, eight hundred and nine point one, Shawn our number. Look, God forbid that moment comes and somebody breaks into your house wants to bring harm to you or your family, or they break into your business they want to bring harm to you your employees. Well that's a tough situation. If you need to defend yourself, well that's where your nightmare may begin. We are living sadly in a time where government overreaches all too real. Now it didn't involve a firearm, but you saw what they tried to do to Daniel Penny, and you have prosecutors, politicians, they want nothing more than to make an example out of law abiding gun owners, people like you and me. Now, I've been a proud member of the us CCA for over nine years and with the USCCA. God forbid, if that moment ever comes in my life and I have to defend my family and my life I'm not going to stand alone, and I want to encourage all of you to protect your family, protect your freedoms. Join the over eight hundred thousand responsible safe gun owners like me that trust the u s ECA to have their back with safety and training and resources and self defense liability insurance. And by the way, they'll point in the right direction for situational self defense classes, which, by the way, the first thing they try to teach is to talk your way out of a situation.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 8: Text my last name, Hannity to eight seven two to two two. Learn more about membership with the USCCA. Safeguard your family, protect your rights today. That's Hannity, h A N N it T y to the number eight seven two to two to two, and you will be glad that you did. It was so interesting to watch uh an anchor. He's in the middle of saying and claiming that firefighters are running out of water. Is just that that report is false in spite of everybody else reporting it, And then a ground reporter said, no, that story is true.
Speaker 4: Listen, despite what you have heard from Caruso, no firefighters have told us that they are running out of water.
Speaker 2: And let's go out here.
Speaker 4: Gigi Grassi at she is lost in the Pacific Palisades.
Speaker 5: I know your signal's not the beast, but Gigi, what can you tell us?
Speaker 2: Well, firefighters have told me they have no water on this block.
Speaker 5: And you may be able to make out the emberstorm that we're in the middle of right now. This house going to be a total loss. They have no water to put on this fire. They are standing by because they're trying to stave the home that is next to it. We are on Carrie Street. This is between Toyopa Drive and Sunset Boulevard. That home is going to be a total loss. Firefighters here telling me they have no water.
Speaker 2: Why, they don't know.
Speaker 5: They've heard that there may be broken manes, they very be broken pipes.
Speaker 11: They don't know.
Speaker 5: But what they've been doing to save the house next to it is actually putting pulling water from the swimming pool.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's just horrible. What's going on. Let's go to California. Bonnie is on the Sean Hannity Show. Bonnie, how are you. I'm so sorry about what's going on in your state and for people in LA in the South Line.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm in Pasadena, just a few miles from the Eaton fire, which started maybe just a few hours after the Palisades fire, and same story, no water, blocks and blocks and blocks of houses, small businesses, even you know, Bank of America businesses all burned down. No water anywhere for the firefighters. The weird thing is, I have water in my home. I can, you know, run the dishwasher, run plush the toilet, get water out of the tap, no problem. But the firefighters don't have them. I've been calling my city. I've been calling my mayor, I've been calling my city council people saying, listen, if the firefighter need water, tell everybody don't use the water and give the water to them. For five hours, six hours all day. No water, We'll give it to the firefighters. This is intentional on the water. Tens of thousands of homes had burnt down. This is a complete and utter disaster. They're not doing anything to stop the fire. It's just going to burn itself out maybe eventually.
Speaker 8: The good news, but you still have one hundred mile per hour winds, which means that this thing is going to keep, you know, expanding.
Speaker 12: No no, no, no, no no, no, Sean, Okay, it is still for the past too. Now. The other night, it was Tuesday night, terrible winds. That's another story. On Monday, January sixth, and horrific January sixth anniversary, keen trails all over in southern California, criss crossing the skies by By Monday night, there was a small haze all over the basin in southern California Tuesday and then that massive or the next day they started talking about Santa Anna wins Saniana winds. This don't happen this time of year. That's weird. I thought, that's your massive windstorms. Incredible. I've had some damage to my house, broken windows, ce bad dad. But that's when the fire started, right and it was freaky and you could see the flames from the window, and oh my god, everybody's panicking. But yesterday and today still not a breeze, not a breeze, and yet the fire is still going. They could stop this fire. There's no water to stop the fire.
Speaker 8: There's not It's so funny because I just saw a report that the winds had picked back up again. But listen, you're there, so you know better than I do. I hope that's the case. But you're making a good point, because they're still reporting zero containment, and if there's no containment, that means they don't have the water to contain it, and that is a huge problem. I mean, and the idea that nobody wants to take any responsibility for what's happened here is unconscionable to me. Is as people are watching their their lifelong dreams literally go up in flames and up and smoke. It's so preventable. Our prayers are with you, Bonnie, hang in there. Thank you for that information. We appreciate it. Scott also California. Next Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi, Sean longtime listener. Yeah, right now, Okay, I'm about thirty miles away, forty miles away from the fire and down in Malibu, and it looks like the smoke is kind of bellowing up, but it's still going horizontal, so that's showing the wind is still quite strong.
Speaker 2: And then well Fox put.
Speaker 8: Up that they had winds anywhere from ninety to one hundred miles per hour. I'm looking now, you know, it depends on where it is, Like the Hearst fire was nineteen miles per hour and other areas the.
Speaker 2: Lydia fire.
Speaker 8: It was three hundred and forty eight acres, which is total forty percent contained at least in that particular fire, which is nice, But but their winds are still moving in a lot of areas. This unset fire hit forty three acres. I mean, you can go through every every one of them and you know, still zero percent contained there, which is so heartbreaking for people. That means they're not making any progress. And a lot of times there's not a lot of wind but for the most but there has been a downturn in the winds in a lot.
Speaker 2: Of areas for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then see I lived in Ventura and I'm looking at the hillside that was called the Thomas Fire. It had burnt probably four years ago.
Speaker 7: And the lady prior to me was saying that they ran out of water. Well four years ago, this was at the Thomas fire. It happened the same way.
Speaker 3: They ran out of water, and I think a thousand homes burnt here in Ventura. And so you would have thought that they would have learned their lesson then and had you know, city council meetings or whatever with the government, they should have Well, I.
Speaker 8: Mean that that fire came after I left California in I guess nineteen nine.
Speaker 1: What was it.
Speaker 8: Hope Sound is at the part of the kind of a more affluent area of Santa Barbara.
Speaker 2: That whole community I went back there was like burn to the ground. It was awful.
Speaker 8: And and then all these subsequent fires, and they never learned their lesson. They never make adjustments, they never changed their policy. They never you know, I mentioned earlier all the universities you can get a degree in forestry and forest management, and that includes controlled burns. That includes eliminating the brush and the kindle for these fires and certainly having water available.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: Caitlin Jenner was very interesting. You know, lives in Malibu. They just had a fire there not long ago. Completely fireproof the exterior of the house except for the garage doors.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 8: The whole house was the the you know, the outside of it was fireproof. And in Florida where I live, Free State of Florida, you have to have a hurricane if you live anywhere near the water, you have to have hurricane sustaining doors and windows, period and the sentence, it's mandated, and it's smart, and that's why you're able to also get insurance in the end.
Speaker 6: Yes, And there's a problem here.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 3: You get all these multimillion dollar homes and they want to put in drought tolerant plants just to make it environmentally looking good for their friends or whatnot. And that's the worst kind of plant you can put in front of your house because it's just going to torch. It's like a chaparral. And that's all we have around here is chaparral. We don't have trees or really any forest until you get up to four or five thousand feet. And so this fire started down in the Palisades. I think it's probably i'd say the elevation where it started maybe two three thousand feet at the Mac.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And the way, I just feel awful for everybody and all the people that have had to evacuate and have no knowledge of their home. It is still standing and it's preventable anyway.
Speaker 2: Our prayers are with you. Hang in there. Scott.
Speaker 8: Steve is a missouri Hey Steve, how are you? Steve's a farmer, It says on my screen, thank you for what you do, Thank you for feeding us.
Speaker 2: What do you grow?
Speaker 6: Small grains? Corn and soybeans and awesome. It's just a family farm. We rent out the ground, so not a true farmer. Do help with managing the farm, and some of that is prescribed burns that we do on a periodic basis, both on CRP grasses.
Speaker 2: So you do you do good land management.
Speaker 8: You do controlled burns as a means of preventing vulnerability to a massive fire like we're witnessing in California about that, and.
Speaker 6: Also for primarily management of the CRP ground. But yes, and you know, like I told your screener, I said, I don't know if it could have been prevented, but it sure could have been minimize greatly if this would have been done. But like your caller Ms. Jenner said yesterday, you know, you can't make fire breaks if this kind of plant or flower or whatever it was is there, Well you just push your mouth and keep doing it. So yeah, it's it's sad, it is, but it well.
Speaker 8: People should be listening and learning from you because you understand it. But they do, you know what, They've decided to capitulate to the radical environmentalist movement, and that's this is the predictable sad result. Anyway, Steve, thank you. We'll sneak in Josh and Florida, my home state by free state of Florida. What's going on, Josh? How are you, sir?
Speaker 1: Hello Jean. I want to say thank you very much. First of all, I want to say God bless everybody in California, their homes, their families or friends, the wildlife there and the wileife people who take care of those animals. I see it on the news here in Jacksonville. My point reason why I'm calling you, sir, is because I have the utmost respect for you, more now than ever half the whole many many years that I have listened to you. You have stuck by mister Donald Trump, our president, who well will be there in Washington for the inaugural. I will be there. I'll be leaving next Friday, stand on Monday. However, too thick and thin, Sir, you have been there by his side. I have listened to you. You never veered away from him, and for that that makes me more of a listener now than I ever have. My son is sixteen years old and listens to you just as much as I do when he gets out of school. Thank you for being the true hero on the air.
Speaker 8: I mean that you have never you know, I'm just being true to myself, and I will tell you his ideas when implemented to the extent we can get this agenda passed. It is going to be transformational. It will be good for your sixteen year old son. It'll be good for my kids that are a little bit older if they ever have children. And I'm our grandparent, it'll be good for our grandkids. We have got to fix this country. It is a disaster right now, and had we not won, I don't know if we would be able to recover. So I'm grateful to all of you. And I said that at the time that that went out, took the time, voted, participated, donated, whatever you did poll watchers, I mean, I can't everybody. We're all spokes in a wheel here, and everybody did their part, and thankfully it came out the right way. And now now we ever, this is a great opportunity. It's an exciting time. We can we can make we can transform Washington. We can actually bring back constitutional principles. But anyway, you're very kind to me. I say to you back at you, thank.
Speaker 1: You, Happy New Year to you and your family. And I was going to keep on listening. Happy New Year, sir. Thank you for everything you've ever said, you stuck to it. And the guests you have, JILLIANE. Michaels, you name it, Caitlyn Jenner, they're all right. But the topics you bring about are for the people, for the Americans, and for the country. Thank you so much, sir.
Speaker 2: That's what I care the most about. I mean, really, we do the show for people.
Speaker 8: And you know, for all these years that I have said, you know, why do so many people put their faith, their hope, their trust in government. How many times does government have to disappoint you and fail you before you recognize that they're not the answer. I urge all of you in this audience to be as self reliant as possible. Look what they did the Social Security Medicare, they're going to they're going bankrupt. Look what they've done with a thirty seven trillion dollar budget deficit. Look at what they've done, you know, with their environmental regulations to the cost of gasoline and diesel and energy in this country. Look at their regulations they want to take away you know, plastic straws and your refrigerator, your air conditioner, your freezer and washer and dryer. They want to control every aspect of your life. They don't believe in freedom. You know, look at how you how's your school system doing? How is law and order in your small town or big city. Why do people believe in the Green New Deal where well, we're promising we'll take care of your every need. Well, how did Obamacare work out?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Anyway, I appreciate the call, and I just urged this audience those of you hearing me, don't depend on the government. Worse words of the English language. I'm from the government. I want to help you, No thank you. I can live without your help.