Speaker 1: Another player who I love, who I think is super versatile, big, can do a bunch of things. Probably would have scored a lot more if he didn't play for Houston. As Jeris Walker, he is getting mocked a lot to the Pacers. Some people think he'll go earlier, like five six, Some people think maybe nine ten. What do you think he ends up? Where do you think he ends up going? Where do you think his best fit is?
Speaker 2: I think the Pacers is a good fit just defensively and what he what he learned at Houston, what he's able to do at Houston. Again, Dallas another good fit that I don't think Dallas. Everybody is mocking lively to Dallas. I think there's some grady dicks out there to to Dallas, but.
Speaker 3: I don't think they go big. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but that would be that would be a killer for Nico Harrison if they don't get some defense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's what I'm expecting, like somebody, like somebody else outside of what everybody's saying. And Walker is somebody like that that could fall just because they say, hey, we're trying to score, score score the Pacers Like this is Rick Carlile was talking about Rick Carlile doesn't care about defense. Rick Carlile said, I don't care if you're scoring one hundred and ten points. My team was scored one hundred and twenty, and so that could be something that we're not interested in a walker because of that, and that's fine. But if he falls and he gets to somebody, like I'm throwing Dallas out here a lot, but because I to Dallas, yeah even in you taw, you saw a terrible defense as well. Like I'm throwing these teams out there, especially Dallas one, because Dallas ten for a reason.
Speaker 3: I think they put they wanted ten for a reason.
Speaker 2: They already been planning this way back before the Knicks were even considered at taking their as taking their pick if it fell to eleven or anything like that. So I think they planned for this and they're going to make some type of splashy move.
Speaker 3: Everybody thinks it's a big You don't think they'll trade that pick. I think they they could.
Speaker 2: Like I think that there's so many things, especially with you just trading for Kyrie, like you can get something back. Remember I talked about teams that are trying to get something back. They very well could. But I just think Dallas is the team I'm watching out for where I think they're gonna do something that nobody expected, whether it's trading back, whether it's going and getting a player that somebody didn't expect, like a Walker or anybody else that we talked about today. Like, I think Dallas is the biggest wild card because they just feel like we're playing with house money.
Speaker 3: We have Luca Donsis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm also curious about Grady Dick because boyle boy, will this matter where he goes? You know, the fit is going to be key, very critical. I've seen him as high as being reached for by Orlando. I've seen at six. I've seen him getting mocked in the eleventh pick to Orlando at six. You think he false?
Speaker 3: Thank you false. I don't know if everybody's why are so polarizing. I think it's I think.
Speaker 1: It the North American white boy thing.
Speaker 3: And it possibly could be if possibly because he's.
Speaker 1: Not that athletic, but he's kind of sneaky athletic, which just means he's white.
Speaker 2: And I think Christian Bron just helped him out. I think Christian Bron if he gets into the top ten. I think he definitely should be sending an invoice Christian Bron's way, because now they saw what Christian Bron did in that playoff.
Speaker 1: Run, especially in more than Christian Brown can. He is a really elite shooter.
Speaker 2: And that's what it is, like you're not just so if you're getting the toughness and you're getting everything you wanted about Christian browny you add somebody that can shoot shoot too. Yeah, Like, oh man, I think everybody's going to be looking for him do it. But is everybody going to take that chance and just being that guy.
Speaker 1: The difference between Christian Brown and Grady Dick is that you have to kind of hide Grady Dick in your defense and you don't for Christian Brown.
Speaker 3: And it's the fact that Broun has low expectations.
Speaker 2: If you take Dick top ten, you're gonna expect for him to be Tyler he in the bubble thirteen fourteen. Yeah, like back end of the lottery. I don't think it's that he's not sliding. I'm not going to say like he goes all the way to the Lakers at seventeen or.
Speaker 1: Anything like that, Like I think Caba steal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: But I think he's back in the lottery there and he's somewhere around that Ryan, He's not necessarily top.
Speaker 1: Oh shof Baji range.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe maybe a second Orlando pick, so you feel comfortable, maybe you don't go Lively's way, or maybe you take Lively early because you think that Dick is going to fall to you at eleven. Fine, Like I think that's a possibility as well. But somebody was just able to says that, hey, we can take this chance because all these teams up towards the top cannot afford another mess up. Yeah, Like there's jobs relying on getting this pick right this year because this is such a good draft, and there's going to be bust, Like there's going to be busted in the top ten people one percent, there's going to be two, maybe three.
Speaker 3: If you're one of those teams.
Speaker 2: With the bus, that's your job. Like this is a rich draft and you just so happen to draft the bus, your livelihood is done. So I don't think people are gonna take that chance with a lot of these guys.
Speaker 1: So Metropolitan ninety two, everybody's obviously been watching Vic, but kid Balal Kolabali. He's really really good, really fun. Max have him going as high as nine as low as fifteen. There's been some hype around Sacramento trying to move up to try to get him. I think the vek Rnadive, the owner of the Kings, went to his game. A lot of people were like, why would he go see Vic in France? A lot of people think it was for blall, like, what do you think he could be? Is he the most like I guess mystery.
Speaker 2: I think he's the person that somebody trades up and they're like, oh, they're trading up, they're going to get huh yeah wo, Like that's really what it's going to be. And I think you know when you come.
Speaker 1: Like Kuzman Jang was last year, it was okay, see.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, exactly where it's like you going and get ear drafted that guy like who And it's the guy that's not on everybody's radar. But it's because Big Vic is just so polarizing. Nobody pays attention to the other guys around that team. Like as good as he is, he was not the reason why they won games, like a bunch of games. I guess everybody else that came and helped them out, and so especially when they came over here, I think it was Las Vegas, what was and they played against G League Knight Like that was a chance for a lot of people to open their eyes. So I think he's one of those guys that can go kind of a trade. Maybe a Kings team does trade up and go get him, or somebody else does trade up and go get him, and everybody's like, oh, scratching their head, and then you look two three years down the line and you're like, that was a really really.
Speaker 3: Great trade in the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Hawks of the fifteenth pick, that would be interesting.
Speaker 3: I think the Hawks are the Hawks could be we'll see. They traded away a lot of picks for de Johnson Murray.
Speaker 1: But they got to get this one right.
Speaker 3: Trey Young could be out the door.
Speaker 2: And I'm waiting for something big to happen between now and Thursday, maybe even on Thursday. I'm waiting for something big. I don't know what it is, but it just feels like the Bradley Beal thing was a tease.
Speaker 3: That was the Te's move.
Speaker 2: Draymond Green not taking his player option that was a Te's move, But it feels like something big is around the corner where you're gonna have a star move for a pick and some team is gonna buy into the youth movement or just changing that team around. And Quinn Snyder, who won the Hawks, are not afraid to make changes because I don't think I can remember a coach coming.
Speaker 1: In middle of a season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coaching, like coaching full on coaching mid season. Now he has an offseason to kind of playing things out. Does he want Tray Young around?
Speaker 3: It? Is that? The like?
Speaker 2: Is that the fit? I know we talked about a lot of mock situations, and I mean the Lakers do have seventeen. Yeah, seventeen is still a valuable pick in this draft. So could there be a situation where somebody anywhere says that, hey, we're gonna take Trey Young and we'll give you one of our first round picks.
Speaker 1: You think Trey Young only gets one first round pick.
Speaker 2: I mean it's gonna be one one of many, Like they're gonna get a haul for him. But a pick in this draft is one hundred percent in a come. So is it gonna be Try Young? I know I'm not saying it's gonna be Trey Young. But I think there is a possibility that a star from some somebody some where moves prior to draft and give somebody like a player like anybody we talked through through this lottery, because this is a rich draft, and I think the owners and the gms and everybody in basketball sees it and says, hey, we may not have like a superstar, but we're gonna have some really, really good players that are going to help us compete for championships in the future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And we saw with Denver. Role players, especially role players that can play defense, are so critical. If you've got two guys one obviously that's a big man that can pass like Jokic, and a secondary score like Jamal Murray, what you need is to fill in the gaps. What's up with Taylor Hendrix? Like, what's up with them? I think he's because no one is talking about him, but he's smocked in every top being in the top ten.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be in the top ten?
Speaker 1: Is he not the least talked about top ten player?
Speaker 2: It's either him or Walker? Yeah, I think it's either him or Walker. I think those are the two guys that people kind of like. I don't know what this guy looks like, but I heard he's a really good basketball. We're just gonna go ahead and go with that. But Hendricks is interesting because I think he kind of fits the mold and he's gonna be one of those guys that you're gonna take him in the top ten and you're gonna understand that he's he might not be a starter for you, but he's gonna be a very very good bench piece. And I think he Like That's why I'm like, there's so much trade potential here, because if you're a contender, like you want somebody in this draft just to fill out that bitch, Like imagine if Phoenix had some type of trade capital. Yeah, and they're sitting there saying, man.
Speaker 1: We.
Speaker 2: Would like anybody to come play on the bench for us, Like there's so many Denver. So the funny thing about the parade with Denver is that Mike Malone was saying, but he's Bruce Brown went back, I would probably say that his age.
Speaker 3: I would never sign with his agent. And Bruce Brown signed another deal with.
Speaker 1: The different because the amount that Bruce Brown can get on the O deal was.
Speaker 3: A terrible one.
Speaker 2: Yes, they said this deal was a terrible deal and he should have never signed it. Now hindsight looks amazing because he has a ring and now he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Come in so much.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Malone was and if I was looking at Bruce Brown's reaction like.
Speaker 3: Like I'm going to go get a bag like twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can be a starter on many other teams, Like so Denver is another one that And I was talking about you on.
Speaker 3: The other show.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was talking to you about that, Like Denver is gonna need the reload that defensive position. So would it be surprising if Denver's finds some some type of capital and says I know that during the finals they had a swap with OKC and they and they did a pick swap with OKC or something like that, Like Denver could move up and be trying to go on to the next level and saying, hey, we're gonna take one of these, one of these top fifteen guys and we're gonna make them our six man second that.
Speaker 1: You give your pick up in the fifteen. Yeah, I am curious though. Also I like Jalen Huschafino a lot. He's kind of a kid who could be like somewhere in the like eighteen to twenty. I've seen him as going as high as ten, which is kind of crazy. I don't think that's gonna happen. I'll be he's six six, He can play good defense, he can do a bunch of different things high IQ does a lot of interesting training and conditioning that shows me that he cares about his body mechanics, like his hit mobility's insane, which I think is really important for basketball players at this next level with this modern NBA. Like where do you think he goes?
Speaker 3: I think he And this is another one where.
Speaker 1: Like would this be a Warrior Like would this be a.
Speaker 3: Warriors it pick?
Speaker 2: It feels like it could be a Warrior's pick, and just of we need some type of defense on the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like literally we get rid of Jordan Poole and we add in Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you get a defender.
Speaker 2: And then if you're Steve Currin Warriors, you feel comfortable about anybody's offense and saying we can get the best out of anybody on offense, like we can get something out of everybody, even Gary Pack in the second like he wasn't known highly for his offense. It was really just the defensive side of ball. But you look at him on Golden State and he has games where he can get it going from three where he can move off ball and the off ball movement. You have to be willing to move off ball if you're not able to do that, if you're not conditioned. And that's what I think I like about him is that fact that he is conditioned, because that's like what Steve Kirr does the entire workout Anthony Edwards. Anthony Edwards said about his Steve Kirr workout and was like, Oh, I did all this running. He was like, Oh, you're tired already. Steph does this like for a warm up, like you're really tired. Like I know He's doing that with every player, not just Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 3: So I think that it could be a Warriors. If a Warriors don't.
Speaker 2: Trade up and go make like a splash play, they could go for somebody a safe option like that, come off the bench. You don't need stardom, you have stardom in Golden State. You just need somebody to come off the mention play defense. And guess what if Draymond Green werew is gone. I don't think he's gone. I think I think he comes back. I think it was just something to give the Warriors more flexibility to make this a championship roster because Draymond's a team.
Speaker 1: It takes less now and.
Speaker 2: Draymond's a team played like everybody wants to make it seem like Draymond's only out for himself.
Speaker 1: He's really I mean fifteen this year, twenty the next year, forty the year after that.
Speaker 2: I truly believe contracts are a figment of an imagination, like especially more in the NFL than the NBA, but definitely in an NBA when it comes to these player options and just saying all right, we're going to decline his player option, but we're still going to resign you. We're going to resign you for less money. And we've seen a number of players do that. There was talk of Chris Paul going back, and there's still there's still talks of Chris Paul's finding somehow to end his way back up in Phoenix because the Wizards probably aren't gonna hold on some if they don't trade.
Speaker 1: Him, if they have to cut them, then he might just end up back there.
Speaker 2: And so it's like everybody's taking vet minimums and feels comfortable and like we made enough money. We just want to try to win championships. You don't see that as much in the NFL, but you see it a lot more in the NBA. So I think that Draymond could his way back. So does that take away from a guy like Jas or somebody else coming in defensively? Possibly, but if not, I think he would be a good fit and a good not not saying replacement, but just somebody to help add to that side.
Speaker 3: Of the ball.
Speaker 1: Another couple teammates too are I don't know what the difference is between them. I personally like Kobe Buffkin more than I like Jet Howard. I think he'll get taken before Jet Howard. What do you think the biggest difference is between them? Instead? Except for the size, right like Jet Howard, I think is six seven six eight Kobe Bufkins five or six' five sixty.
Speaker 2: SIX i Think Kobe buffkin has the higher, floor But Jet Hired howard has the higher. Ceiling howard could very well be one of the top players in the draft when it's all sat and, tight, really but it's in terms, YES i think, so just in terms of scoring playmaking all this other. Stuff he very well, could but it depends on one development development fit like.
Speaker 3: That that's so many.
Speaker 2: Things and that's the thing WHERE i kind OF i really hate when teams just go best available because it's like best available might not be good for. You like that's the whole on that debate That charlotte is having right. Now are we going best available With Scoot henderson or are we taking the best fit With Brandon? Miller is the gap large between? Them absolutely. Not But Brandon miller is clearly a better fit for them With LaMelo handling the, Ball But Scoot henderson could be. Generational AND i ULTIMATELY i think that they make the wrong mistake and they go With scoop instead Of. Miller WHILE i do think, AGAIN i Think scoot is the better, player but is he a better player For charlotte may not.
Speaker 1: Be QUESTION i have for you. Though following up on that, is if You're, charlotte what can you get For LaMelo right now in the open.
Speaker 2: Market, oh you could get The House Moon, stars whatever you.
Speaker 1: Want you can't for the third overall or for the second overall. Pick so what you could do is just Take scoot and then you Trade, LaMelo you haven't played, together and then when you need, to you Move LaMelo for four first round.
Speaker 3: Picks especially if you don't Think LaMelo is going to.
Speaker 2: RESIGN i think that's like the conversation that teams are, having and that was the conversation when they first drafted, Him, like Is LaMelo is this just the one rookie contract pony And LaMelo dips off to a larger market like possibly, So and that's ultimately WHAT i think kind of happens. HERE i think it is a situation and we're talking long, Term like there's some dynasty basketball players that are listening and, like, Oh i'm loving it is BECAUSE i would love to See LaMelo move on to a bigger market or a different. Team but, LIKE i think that's ultimately the Conversation charlotte is. Having what's our chances of Retaining? Melo because while we do get the incentives Of max Super maats contracts for staying with your team original, team but if he is on the, move school is a very good replacement for when we don't have.
Speaker 3: Him one what Is LaMelo's?
Speaker 2: Availability, again best ability is availability and he may not be, There So scoot could be that for them as, well or do you just buy in all in On LaMelo being A Charlotte. Hornet if you're buying all in on, that you Go Brandon. MILLER i know we kind of got on our tangent and talking about these, two but like that is just The it just THERE'S i don't remember.
Speaker 3: The last time that such a big decision has been.
Speaker 2: Made it too normally it's just plug and, play go with, It John, morant, Easy like you're gonna you're Taking John.
Speaker 3: Moran you're not questioning. R. J.
Speaker 2: Berry, like it's not one of those situations you really got to think. Through this Is LaMelo a hornet for long? Term if, no you're Going. Scoop if, so you're Going Brandon.
Speaker 1: Miller all, Right so outside of players outside of the top, three and who do you, think well outside of the who do you think is the biggest riser in this? Draft Besides?
Speaker 2: Nick Besides i'm, Sorry i'm all soome so we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna take him. Off who do you think is the biggest surprise fall and rise outside Of? Nicks?
Speaker 3: Men the biggest FALL i think IS.
Speaker 2: I think it's Potentially Grady dick just BECAUSE i DON'T i don't know if teams are one hundred percent bought into making it work instead of just they like there's so many scenes that just want to kind of plug and. PLAY i don't think he's a plug and. PLAY i think it's something that you have to make it work and understand he probably is gonna come off.
Speaker 3: The bench for you for a few.
Speaker 2: Years the biggest. Riser. HMMM i don't know IF i want to go With lively BECAUSE i don't know IF i. Can but IF i think you're towards the back end of the lottery AND i can see, you like If orlando sat here and took him at, SIX i would not be.
Speaker 1: Surprised, REALLY i.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't and it's just, because LIKE i think That Rudy gobert just put a bad taste in people's mouth about the shot blocking. Big but that is so paramount when you just think about what happened in The boston series where everybody was getting to the rim and it didn't. Matter when you look at now you Have, jokic who you need somebody to guard, him and at, least at the very, least you have Life, ively who can actually get a hand in his, face unlike everybody else who kind of just puts a hand.
Speaker 1: Up And jokich is, like, YEAH i can't see.
Speaker 2: Him OH i didn't know somebody was guarding. Me that's what it looked like in THE Nba. Finals and SO i Think jokic is and we talk about people that old people. Checks lively probably is going to Owe Yo kitch a check because THAT Nba finals is. Fresh and for, me a lot of this stuff is less about basketball and more about. Narratives and so if there's a, team AND i do think it A Golden state is a, contender but there's a number of contenders that can use rem.
Speaker 3: Protection.
Speaker 2: You memphis is a team nobody's talking about right now that they've drafted, really really well in the. DRAFT i don't think it's out of the possibility that they, say all, right we're moving up this year to go get somebody Because Steven adams wasn't available when we needed, them and you, know we need more, defense and we saw that that was really the reason why we.
Speaker 1: Lost, yeah move their picks a couple of, players and now y'all that.
Speaker 2: You have so much good young talent that it's perfectly. Fine they drafted so well That memphis is a ten deep team that people don't realize like they. Have and EVEN i mean THEIR G league team won the championship With lofton and SO i think that A memphis is a team that can tender Like. Lively just gives, me you know what everybody wanted wise men to be on the defensive, end not the, offensive but the defensive. End and if you're sitting here telling me THAT i have somebody that can, potentially either now or maybe in the next year or even the next year after, that neutralize A joel, embiid neutralize A yi, honest neutralize A yokice that is. Invaluable and SO i CAN i can See lively rising as far as as SIX i think truly as far as. SIX i can see him getting up, there BUT i can also see him falling to the twelve thirteen. Range so it's just, like will these teams decide That i'm going to trade for a shot blocking big and that would not be a surprise to me at.
Speaker 1: All last question before we let you? Run is im a member of The New Orleans pelicans On? Friday?
Speaker 2: Yes, really he's still there On. Friday does he finish the? Season that is something to talk about BUT i think at the very least we get him to the. Season he gets there to the, season and then as the season goes, on they may be, like all, right we're done with, This we're not doing this experiment. Anymore but On, friday he's Still he's still a.
Speaker 1: Publican That's Treel, furman hosts of THE nba and W Nba Sports gambling podcast on The Sports Gambling Podcast. Network give him a follow On. Twitter his picks on w N B a are some of the best That i've ever. Seen AND i mean this in a year where everyone is getting just straight, murdered it is just lovely for. You you can find him at at Really Real underscore On twitter and else to underscore at really rel r.
Speaker 2: E L score doesn't sweet at, all and so if you follow, him you're gonna be very very.
Speaker 1: MISTAKEN a lot of clips up, there a lot of takes up. There definitely follow this. Podcast thanks so much for coming on and thank.
Speaker 3: YOU i appreciate.
Speaker 1: It super insightful