Speaker 1: M The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is nick shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: Go Dallas Cowboy. I love producership.
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 3: It's a fabulous football fight song. Friday, our final show before game day on Thursday night.
Speaker 4: I'm in no mood to pick a game or pick a to click.
Speaker 3: That's right, we got to pick the game and our picks to click. Today. Well, it's Friday here at the Star on a Tuesday, inside the SWBC podcast studio mix shots brought to you by Miller Lite.
Speaker 4: We can do that tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Everson Walls has an excused absence.
Speaker 4: Today, Yes, Sir, a very good one.
Speaker 3: Yes, he does have a very fine reason for not being here. And Nate Newton is the sergeant at arms here. You're clear the one. You're the one that's getting us in order today, Nate, Okay, because you were in here before anybody else was, because you are fired up for some football. Oh yes, turn this thing around right?
Speaker 2: Yes what we we? We uh, what would we three?
Speaker 3: And oh, well we should be three? And oh do what with three?
Speaker 5: And oh I'm just I'm just saying, in my mind with three and oh, okay, I could have found a way for us to win each one of those games, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: But we're one and two in reality.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know.
Speaker 4: I agree with you on the last game.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You're gonna have to try hard to find a way to beat the Saints the way they played, you know.
Speaker 5: But I started this season with a mindset that this will be a soft rebuild, and I thought that we would struggle early, and we are struggling. But I just got so much belief in what McCarthy and other coaches can do if the players are just play along, just believe, just prepare, you know, be competitive in this After eight games, you could be four and four easily. I just believe that you have.
Speaker 3: And that's not that's not a horrible thing.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Now, schedule and as long as the season is.
Speaker 2: It's a long season. Then at the end of the year, you can make a run.
Speaker 4: I got one more thing.
Speaker 2: You can make a run.
Speaker 4: Got one more thing to add to your list of things that they need to do. Okay, keep your mouth shut, nicky.
Speaker 2: Wow, if we do that, we won't have a show.
Speaker 4: Not you, I could never shut your mouth.
Speaker 2: Who would be who would have a problem closing his mouth?
Speaker 3: That's right? Yes, the guy about to talk right now.
Speaker 4: They're they're too much talking, Yes, sir, it is too much bitching.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're getting.
Speaker 2: Serious now, Yes, sir, God forgiving you know not what he does.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you like this, I agree, I agree, But the coaches have to stop that now. It's not another player that can walk up because these are grown men and you can knock heads in the wrong way right, you know.
Speaker 2: So it is time for the coach.
Speaker 5: Not the call of team meeting and saved the season, but the call a team meeting.
Speaker 2: Say this is.
Speaker 5: How we conduct ourselves, and if we don't conduct ourselves, I may can't hit you in the head for a lot, But what all the league will allow me to do, I will start doing. And that's that's all you can do. And hope that these guys can understand that. Regardless of whether you think of guys doing this job or not, that is not for you to decide. That is for the coaches. And ownership to decide. And that's where we get a little out of hand when we empower players.
Speaker 2: This is what you get.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's Tuesday. Two days after a loss, yes, two days before a game, yes, And on mixed shots we can talk all all about Okay, you can make a run if you're four and four a mid season whatever. They got to be concerned about being two and two on Thursday.
Speaker 2: And yes at midnight, And I agree.
Speaker 4: And what I'm going to write for tomorrow is it sounds silly four games into the season, right, This is a pivotal game, Yes, it is. There's a big difference between the.
Speaker 3: Biggest game of the season is Tuesday. I mean Thursday.
Speaker 4: There's a big difference between two and two and one and three.
Speaker 3: One and three, And you're going to Pittsburgh next week, and Pittsburgh plays Indy this week, they're liable to be four and oh and playing at home with one of the best defense.
Speaker 4: What's after that?
Speaker 3: And then you get Detroit after that, and then you got to bye week, and then you got at San Francisco, and then you got at Atlanta, and then you got Philadelphia, then you got Houston, and oh, by the way to start Thanksgiving week. You now have Jaydon Daniels and the Washington Commanders on the road, which before playing at Yes Giants got away.
Speaker 4: From what you say about thirdays.
Speaker 3: Wow, reason I did that? You know the reason I did that? Why because I wanted to talk about James Daniels last night and oh, by the way, that was.
Speaker 4: And I watched a lot of his LSU games. Right, it's the best game I've seen him play. And I know he won a Heisman, but he won a Heisman with his feet more so than his ability to stay composed in the pocket.
Speaker 3: And throw it and throw it complete. Ninety one point three percent of his past is twenty one out of twenty three.
Speaker 5: Even he told the young lady after the game, he said, Wow, that's real.
Speaker 4: Which is an NFL rookie Broke Dax.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know.
Speaker 5: If it wasn't an NFC East team, Uh, I was tay, congratulations, really don't. I have no love for the nfcas especially during the season. After the season, you hear me brag.
Speaker 3: I will say this after watching him last night. You know, some of the passes he completed at LSU on his highlight film leading up to the draft I was like, I think this, this film appears to be grainy. How do you complete that ball? Okay, well, that touchdown pass he threw at the end of the game to Terry McLaurin with pressure guy in his face, he was falling backwards and he put it exactly where he needed to put it, in the right corner of the end zone. For McLaren had a great catch on the sideline.
Speaker 4: Just how he put the first one.
Speaker 3: And there were a bunch of them at LSU that were like that. Although people talked about the way he ran the ball so much, and I bring that up to say, and then when you get to know him or see his interviews and how humble he is and so forth. That decision between and this is nothing against Caleb Williams, but that decision between Caleb Williams and Jaden Daniels, I can see where a team would go Jadon Daniels instead. That's a that's the number one pay caleber one.
Speaker 5: I admired about this kid because this first time I ever watched him really was the softness in which he gave it to his offensive alignment for the TV.
Speaker 3: Which, by the way, Trent Scott, who caught the touchdown pass. He's a thirty year old journeyman offensive lineman. He does have twenty two starts in his career, but he came in as the tackle eligible and he is from Grambling State University.
Speaker 5: And he and guess what he did not forget to say, Hey, Ralf, I'm in the game.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's good, right.
Speaker 5: But say something more point stop with the I don't like talking about the NFC East unless it's us the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: So what what do you guys have exciting to say about the Cowboys?
Speaker 3: Well, that gets back to the importance of this game. I guessday night.
Speaker 4: To get to two and two, this discussion started, not you're.
Speaker 3: Because the loser of this game is going to be in the seller looking up at the rest of the division.
Speaker 4: But yes, worse than that, the yap and will continue then and the excuses for being where you are will continue. And I thought Jerry did a good job of talking about when he was asked about everybody saying this that not prepared, and he basically said, those are all the cliches you usually use, uh, and that if and that there has never been a team or an effort that at some point during that stretch, you didn't have to have a come to Jesus meeting. And I was thinking the same thing exactly. And and he's right, because no one ever says we didn't play well enough, right, or we weren't good enough. They say, well, we didn't study enough, or we didn't prepare enough, or whatever other excuse extraneous you want to use. Sometimes you just get your ass beat. And that's what happened.
Speaker 5: And two times in one game, I mean two times in one season that quick. Something is not going on right, and it's and it's not for me to figure out as a fan, as as a as an analyst or whatever.
Speaker 4: New journalist.
Speaker 5: What are you talking, But I'm just saying as a fan, I won't be able to figure it out. As an ex player, I got an idea of what's going on, But it's your job, Mick.
Speaker 2: Is my job, Bill, and to try.
Speaker 5: To figure it out for the fans and bringing it and present it in a way that's, you know, the right way. But players are going to be players. And the only way players don't moan, don't groan, don't do this is you got to stop it at the top. If you don't ever stop it at the top. Then you're going to have what we saw these last two games, where guys are empowering themselves. I can't tell you what was going on in number eleven's head during the game. I can't tell you what's going on and see the lamb's head. What made him go as deep as he went with how he handled himself.
Speaker 2: You just don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's up to you guys who go in that locker room to find out for us. But the coaches has to stop that because now you're infecting younger players and that is setting a bad example of how you handle yourself. It's only one Dack, and what I mean by that he is that guy who's going to be the ultimate professional regardless. So what happens. Who else stood at that microphone besides him and the head coach houndling into theirselves the way they did. Everybody else was around, Well, hero ball, No worry about yourself. Coach Johnson, he came in. Coach Landry, you knew better. Coach Johnson came in. We don't talk about other guy's performance, talk about your own performance. If you talk about your own performance, you will find out that you're not going to criticize yourself as much as you will another guy. Talk about your own performance.
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 5: Did you like the stat sheet up? Did you help your team get back in this situation to win?
Speaker 2: Talk about your.
Speaker 5: Own and then when you clean your own house and be the best you can be and be that star, then you can talk about others.
Speaker 3: What was Jerry talking about on the radio this morning?
Speaker 4: Well, he.
Speaker 3: Anything anything of note come out of it your REMERI let's see here. I saw one thing that I saw one tweet that those are your notes from Jerry talking on the radio transcriptions, Oh wow, Yeah, should we go to break just just chop it down to what we need to hear?
Speaker 4: One of the things he said, Uh. He said, it's pretty apparent we have some glaring areas we can get better at, and I think we will. And he wanted to point out that last year, after five games, this team was two and three and finished twelve and five. So he said, accountability is what it calls for. It's what you was referencing what you said. Uh, And he said, just to remind you, we play seventeen games. So that was an answer to another question. He said, I like the way Mozzy Smith responded last week after in the back problem and thought he played one of his better games. Now, it wasn't perfect by any means. Nothing in the middle was perfect, but he did finish with three tackles. And I'll tell you what, there's been a lot of games he's zeroed out, So he kind of pointed that out.
Speaker 3: And by the way, as far as Mazzi is concerned, Nate, if he is taking up two offensive linemen, then he's doing his job right.
Speaker 5: He had a majority of the time if he's got two guys truly occupied, So that should give you a lineback at least a more than fifty percent chance to be in or near the play.
Speaker 2: Yes, the thing with Mazi what he has to do, and if he do this repeatedly, get.
Speaker 5: Off the snap. Occupy I'm talking about versus drunk. Occupy two guys and don't let him knock you back. It's one thing to occupy two guys in five yards back. It's another thing to occupy two guys and only get moved of yard or two. Now you now you're making hate because the linebackers are coming downhill. They're also moving battle, but they're coming downhill.
Speaker 3: Otherwise they gotta work, they gotta work around. You get push back five yards and then the Bulgaria is five yards outfield by the time.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, so yes, sir, thank you.
Speaker 4: He also was told that Jason Garrett on the pregame show last night said the Cowboys are not a physical football team. Everybody UH knows it, understands it, and now you're going to have to go in uh and run the ball against them. No shocking, real motivation, right. Jerry's response was Bill Parcells would always say you are what your record says you are, and I think that's what we are today. We are one in two and that's where we are. The real issue is what can we do against New York?
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: And I thought that hit it right on the head, right, And he said we have a lot to work on to get better. And this is what kind of made me think even before the season started, because I think there was just this assumption that, well, twelve and five, you know, let's go think about this, the amud of young guys they're counting on. Right, what are the two most important positions on the offensive line?
Speaker 2: Yes, center, left, guard, tackle right?
Speaker 4: And you got two rookies there, yes, one guy playing the position for the first time, the other guy moving to the other side. If you look at the wide receiver group, your your your lead guy was not there all summer, and the guy that's the third guy is the first time he's ever been the third guy if we count Tolbert being the third guy after that. Besides Cooks, somebody else is getting more snaps than they've ever had in the NFL. Turping Jalen Brooks, You're starting a second year fullback who is starting to excel, maybe more than the other running back, and they were starting running back has never been a Ricodado, has never been the starting running back before. On defense, the way they started that game, they might as well had two rookies out there playing linebacker right Overshawn's like a rookie Lea File. He is a rookie. You had a fifth round draft choice rookie at cornerback. They had a lot the young guys.
Speaker 2: It's a soft rebuild, and call it what it is. They're trying to fix a team.
Speaker 5: And what I mean by that is you either got guys that are six years into the league or you got guys that are three in beneath You have no guys that you can say, oh, I sucker, receive it.
Speaker 2: He's his fourth year. This is our interior line.
Speaker 5: You have olsa what six year five years in, six years in four, fifth year in. So you got guys that's over the scales but are not great players. We don't have no three to five or six year players that are great.
Speaker 3: We have Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Yes, we have Parsons, and.
Speaker 5: Then we have a bunch of guys that's predicated on living off Parsons.
Speaker 2: That's our secondary.
Speaker 5: We have great dbs who are very opportunistic, but they need a pass rush. We cannot stop the run, so we would never generate that pass rush. So it's Parsons and only Parsons on defense. Cede Lamb is it. He is the guy that moves the safeties, that moves the outside linebackers, that brings the double coverage and nickel.
Speaker 2: So you you don't.
Speaker 5: You have guys that are trying to grow within the system and learned it. That's why I'm not gonna get bent out of shape about this season. If I come on, y'all show anymo y'all want to call him, he say, compete, compete, prepare, prepare, compete, because that is what this season is gonna bring. That is what this season is gonna bring. And it's gonna show up. It's gonna show up against these giants.
Speaker 3: You and by the way, you go across the league and everybody virtual well, every team across the league is going through the same stuy.
Speaker 2: Yes, at least at least over half of them. That's right, at least over half of them.
Speaker 3: In fact, I heard someone talking today who's the worst team in the league right now? Last week it was Carolina and Carolina with any altonate quarterback goes to Vegas and yes, blow them out of their own stadium.
Speaker 6: Now it's now that's it's Jacksonvilleeah, and maybe Cincinnati right, No, no, Tennessee three, I know the quarterback.
Speaker 4: Guess what all right?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 3: They got Joe bro a quarterback.
Speaker 4: Okay, there are there are fifteen teams in the league that are one and two. Yes, fifty, Yes, that's half the league.
Speaker 3: Yes, look at the the number of oh to two teams who won this weekend. They went from from nine windlass teams to like two left now.
Speaker 2: Yes, or three seven seven seven teams and one is just changed it over night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from windloss too now they got to win, and now they got hope, and only eight teams two and one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's only one game different.
Speaker 3: The point being, every other team in the league's in the same boat you are. And so that's why you have to just compete every single week.
Speaker 5: And that's why I'm gonna be the guy that says the same thing over and over and over. You know, I don't change. I try to sometime make it a joke. Sometimes I try to be serious. But what you have here right now is not a coaches issue. Don't make it a coach's issue. If anything, these coaches need to be solidified so these players.
Speaker 2: Would know what is going on. You don't let the inmates take over. You just don't do it.
Speaker 5: That's why they had to close the place in San Francisco because you know, people couldn't escape now accatast and not they started escape Charny, Clint Eastwood, it happened, so they had to close it. Solidify these coaches. No, but but you don't need in four weeks from now if this thing hasn't right. See, some teams are not allowed to be an even team, like we're saying two and two.
Speaker 2: Our fans are not.
Speaker 5: Gonna remember that we beat New York, that we beat Cleveland now, because New York has beat Cleveland. All everybody's beating Cleveland. So we beat New York all the beat. All they're beating is Cleveland.
Speaker 2: So I'm that fan.
Speaker 5: I'm a Cowboy fan, so I know how we think. So even ain't gonna never satisfy us, it's always gonna be. We gotta be three or four games above the league, above the Frey, and so until we get there, if we get there, I'm gonna have to keep keeping folks off that ledge. Man, I got millions want to go on that ledge, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Not gonna let you.
Speaker 5: Because this team is altray young, and our left tackle has to learn how to play it, our center has.
Speaker 2: To learn how to play it.
Speaker 5: And as the season go on, they one of these guys will get better. I don't know if both, but one of these guys will get better, all right.
Speaker 3: And when we come back here on mix shots, how did these guys match up with the guys they're gonna face in New Jersey on Thursday night?
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worrying us pros where rookies and crypto wants. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Scotts it slides for the first down.
Speaker 7: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookiean crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 8: Perfect grow My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 3: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lite is brewed to be less feeling. What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 9: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 2: It says less filling.
Speaker 3: That's not what my script says.
Speaker 4: Hell mindset.
Speaker 8: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm vishine legal guy, Celebrate responsibly. Walky Wisconsin Beer Amy six thousands to be point two grams cards for twelve bounces, Fewer Cowson carbs than premium regular.
Speaker 10: Beer Star Sports Tools is the only efficient fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pre game sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot.
Speaker 2: Org to mixed shots.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys take on the Steelers in Pittsburgh on October sixth, so we're hosting a free watch party presented by seven to eleven. Join us at the Miller Lighthouse at at and T Stadium to watch the game with the Cowboys Nation Q Thunderstruck because the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders are performing and Rowley will be there too watch the game. Grab a slurpy and cheer loud. Get your free tickets at dallascowboys dot com Slash watch Party. Grab a slurpy.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a week from Saturday, yes, okay? Or is it watch party on Sunday Game Day?
Speaker 2: Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I wasn't listening.
Speaker 4: October sixth, game Day, our game day and that's at the Mill Sunday Miller Lighthouse that has lots of slurpees.
Speaker 3: Okay, very good?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Thursday Night Cowboys, Cowboys play the Giants. Not get a How do the Cowboys match up with the Giants? From a talent standpoint? How did the Cowboys match up with the Giants?
Speaker 2: The Giants runner three four defenses. That's where we're starting.
Speaker 5: Yes, uh, they got a guy in the middle of their defense, Dexter Lawrence and rakeem roaches us roaches.
Speaker 2: Yes, the stout I forgot last year and they're hard to move.
Speaker 3: Dexter Lawrence is one of the best in the league. Yeah, it'd be the best in that position in the league.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: They only score fifteen points, but they only give up twenty one point three points.
Speaker 2: Uh, They're they're not playing man. There they sat.
Speaker 3: They sacked Watson eight eight times.
Speaker 8: That's that.
Speaker 2: I don't look. I don't put much into that because I have nothing for Sean nothing.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 2: Very good team that's getting abused by a quarterback. But anyway, you.
Speaker 3: Talked about the interior guys, about the edge guys from one of the guys that they acquired is Brian Burns.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I haven't seen enough tape, you know, I'm going off stats. I've seen a little bit of tape of their defense.
Speaker 2: They seem to be sound. They seem to rally to the football and make plays.
Speaker 5: I think they have two interceptions, I think, and a one interception. So I haven't seen enough to just tell you that this team is. I know, defensively, they are nice. Offensively is still a question out on mister Jones.
Speaker 3: So but Cowboys would love to have that Dexter Lawrence inside.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean then you can run a three four. Yeah, you can run that thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, run anything you want.
Speaker 3: Okay, Cowboys have on the edge. Of course, they got Micah and de Marcus Lawrence. Yes, okay. The Giants. The Giants have Brian Burns, who they paid five years, one hundred and forty one million dollars seventy six million dollars guaranteed. They traded for him in the off season and he had eight sacks last year for Carolina. Yes, and he was a former former first round pick, sixteenth overall selection. He's the real deal.
Speaker 2: What is this size?
Speaker 3: He is sixty three, two hundred and fifty pounds. Okay. On the other side, you got Kevon Tibbeteau.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, who I know.
Speaker 3: These guys had ranked as the top player in the draft coming out two years ago and twenty five to start to he had eleven and a half sacks last year. He was a fifth pick in the draft. He's another guy. He's sixty five, two hundred and fifty eight pounds. These are these are exactly what you're looking for when you're drafting in edge rusher, kay, the long angular guys who can athletic, Yes, that's exactly. And then they also have Azizo Jilari who's sixty three, two hundred and forty pounds out of Georgia who a lot of snaps in the game the other day against Cleveland, and the eight sacks that they had, they weren't there, weren't like three and a half from one guy. It was like seven different players contributed in eight sacks.
Speaker 2: Even even a big guy in the middle has three, even Dexter has three.
Speaker 4: Team lead.
Speaker 3: Yes, they've got a sub package guy real quick out of SMU who they signed as a college free agent this year. Elijah Chapman. He had a sack last week or two days ago against Deshaun Watson. He goes five eleven, two hundred and seventy eight pounds. And this guy as strong as can be. But he is one of the sub package guys that you got to deal with when they have a he'll be an inside rusher as well. I mean, so they have. It's just interesting because he's an SMU.
Speaker 5: Guy right in our backyard here, and they mean short guy, that big and that smart to go Tom, He's full of information, isn't he.
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, the other guy that's really stood out from a stant of Statstown point as I'm looking here is Okaake.
Speaker 3: Is that how you say? Ok?
Speaker 4: He leads them in tackles nineteen second and a half. He's got two tackles for losses, two quarterback hits, a force fumble. He's been awfully active.
Speaker 3: Leading tackler last year, started seventeen games, had four force fumbles, ten passes defense, two interceptions as an inside as an inside linebacker.
Speaker 2: And that's what I'm saying and looking at these guys. They line up, they play hard. They got a stud in the middle.
Speaker 5: They got a stud on the outside, with two studs on the outside with Thibodeau and Burns.
Speaker 2: Uh. They are finding their stride and try we find out, trying to find us.
Speaker 3: Last year, they drafted a corner back in the first round, Tay Banks.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: They drafted another one in the third round this year Drew Phillips. Uh. They've got a bigger corner on the other side in Cortel Flott.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: This Jason Panok there's safety as a playmaker type and in fact he has he's already has three sacks. They bring him a lot. Uh in three games, he's got three sacks. And by the way, he was talking some noise this week about the Cowboys dominating the Giants. Uh and had a quote that's making the rounds about the.
Speaker 5: Thing, the thing that everybody laughed about last week. You know, who would be the most desperate team? And uh so now we know the Cowboys are the most desperate team. But what this is, this is what we have to understand. The Giants are not out pharmaceutical supplier now because if we'd have won, we'd be like, oh yeah, oh man, they're going to fix all our needs.
Speaker 2: We got too many needs, Like they have a lot of needs.
Speaker 3: We just went through what to expect on their defensive side. Yes, the difference maker for them. Who's their first round draft pick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, number number one, number one Neighbors.
Speaker 3: Milik Neighbors. And they now they now have a CD wide receiver. Yes, and Melik Neighbors, who went off against Cleveland in the first half the other day, had two touchdowns on the first half. One of the catches he made on the sideline was Odell Beckham. Like unreal as far as they were comparing him to Odell Beckham because he's with the Giants and he's at LSU, but uh, you know, he was those those passes that Jayden Phillips are throwing last year. Milik Neighbors was on the receiving end of a lot of them.
Speaker 5: And they have Please listen to me if you don't check him. This divine singletary Devin sat to that divine singles. I'm telling if you he does a lot for these giants.
Speaker 2: He is kind of like.
Speaker 5: I know that the Greatness left and the other kid and went to Philadelphia. But this guy catches balls out of the backfield. He runs with authority. He's got the speed to get away from you, and he gets everything out of every run. He gets everything out of every run. So when you come up and tackle him bringing him down, he gets He gets it out of every run. Now he has about over one hundred and ninety one hundred and seventy yards rushing.
Speaker 2: He gets it out of every every play.
Speaker 4: Many seven yes, So he gets it man, And he's averaging four to seven of care.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 5: So a little bit of film that I've watched, these are not last year giants because their offensive line, even against Cleveland.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 5: Last year they did not seem like they knew who's a block and how to go about doing it. They have a little more uniformity to him this year, a little more continuity from what I've seen, the liver of the film I've seen, so.
Speaker 2: This is not our last year Giants who fell apart? Rap you know Jones.
Speaker 5: They was beginning to fall apart when Jones was there, but they fell apart when Jones left. Uh, this kid had a bad first game Jones. They're like, oh my god, what is he's doing? But he's slowly starting to find his rhythm and pick it up. I believe in Brian day Ball. I believe in him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like him. I like him.
Speaker 3: He was at Buffalo before. It was just third year as the head coach with the Giants, and I like flight caller in Buffalo. Now he's calling plays the Giants.
Speaker 5: So we as a team, we live and die on the pursuit of pass rush. Let that drive you to put them in bass situations. First down is the biggest down of the Cowboys' life for.
Speaker 2: The last two games.
Speaker 5: I don't know what, I don't know the stat but evidently first down is not treated at the Cowboys defensive line.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: The great thing for the Cowboys defense, coming off what they did last couple of weeks, whatever is they can very quickly. You have to do it quickly. This week because there's got no time. But all you got to do is go see the Giants offensive approach against the Browns this week. Yes, and the Browns had one of the best defenses in the league and ranking number one last year. And they're an aggressive defense likes to come after the quarterback. Cowboys, same type aggressive defense up front where you got guys that are trying to be Superman and they.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. Don't don't, don't join don't join in.
Speaker 3: Look at the number of screen passes if the Giants threw against the Browns last week to the even singletary.
Speaker 2: Oh man, and.
Speaker 3: Is going to be and especially in a short week. As you know, going into the short week when you're planning, you can't do much more with your game plan. Adding, I mean, you're basically going with what you've already installed. You you're not doing anything any tricking things up. You almost have the same game plan for two straight games. Yes, uh, And so you're gonna if you just study what they did against Cleveland's defense, they're going to try to do the same stuff against Dallas's defense and also getting the ball to elite neighbors because what they did with mylik neighbors. They line him up on the left side where he wasn't going up against denzil Ward, he was going up against Emerson instead, and a lot of one on one stuff and one of his touchdowns it was down in the red zone. It was zone covers. They just let him, let him go free where nobody was within five yards of But they're going to try to do the same thing to Kaitlin Carton. Now, what's Carson's health?
Speaker 4: Put digs over there.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's Carson's health?
Speaker 4: Well, he will find out today.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's dealing with his shoulder, shoulder.
Speaker 4: Injury, but he played through it. And to answer your question about first down, the last two opponents, they gained four hundred and twenty nine yards on fifty fifty eight first down snap.
Speaker 2: See, I'm telling you first down.
Speaker 4: They average, yes, seven seven and a half yards snap on first down. I'm telling you, so you can't get to your pass rush. You're doing that.
Speaker 11: You this is this league, this league, not this year, early, not this year early, you checked the whole league, not this year, but this league.
Speaker 2: Any coordinator would tell you.
Speaker 5: Second and anything that's uh like second and four, we'll run the ball. Second and five, they throwing the ball, so all you have to do is make sure they gain no more than two or three yards, because then they gonna six percent of the time they're gonna throw the ball, so you can get after them. But if it's second and four, maybe second and five us, I'm talking about the Cowboys, you set up to get ran on because they okay, we'll move to change and stay manned.
Speaker 3: First down then.
Speaker 5: Years yeah, that's yeah. So against us, now, maybe against the Giants, and may not. They may not feel that way.
Speaker 2: If you're playing against this team we just played, you may not feel that.
Speaker 3: If they're watching any film of Cowboys the last two weeks, they're running the ball on first down, second down, third.
Speaker 5: Down, Yes, until the Cowboys stop it, that's right, but especially on first down.
Speaker 2: The first nine has not been good to us.
Speaker 3: All right, We got our picks when we come back here on mix shots. In just a moment we win in the game.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 10: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team Hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you wind for the first down. Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie and crypto with blockchain dot Com a thrick grow.
Speaker 2: My goodness, Wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 3: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lte is brewed to be less filing. What are you doing here?
Speaker 2: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 9: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 4: It says less fillings. That's not what my script says hell mindset.
Speaker 8: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers middle lights in fact less filling and taste great. I'm Mashane Legal Guy.
Speaker 2: Celebrate Responsibly. Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer ninety six thousands to be point two grams.
Speaker 8: Carbs for twelve bounces, fewer Cowson cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 9: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboy in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 2: To mix shots.
Speaker 4: Frisco Octoberfest returns for its fifth annual celebration at The Star in Frisco on Saturday, October fifth, from eleven am to nine pm. Enjoy traditional Octoberfest games, live music, and entertainment all day. Joined the Star in Frisco for a fun day of festive fun I'm sorry. It was a full day of festive fun. I got ahead of myself, all right, very good, full day of festive fun.
Speaker 3: Everson will be back on Friday, is that right? We have a show fridaysday after we're supposed to Okay, so it's a travel day for the team tomorrow, right, So there's no show Tomorrow's game day on Thursday. On Thursday, and we're back on Friday. So it's time to make picks here. And I don't think that we reviewed our picks from Sunday. I bet we did do Baltimore. Well, who's your pick to click? I think ever since pick to click was Jake Ferguson and he actually Jake Ferguson had a nice comeback game after being out the week before.
Speaker 4: I took I think overshown.
Speaker 3: Okay, you did all right? Producer Supreme confirms that producers Supreme, who did I can't remember? Who did I pick? Is my pick to click?
Speaker 4: Your pick was Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right?
Speaker 2: Did he do anything that particular?
Speaker 3: I think I predicted he would have a sixty seven yard field goal?
Speaker 4: It was yards sure, telling me he needs to back up to set that two yards off.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I just can't get pumped up for kicks.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: The goat definitely was on the field that day.
Speaker 3: The problem was I picked. I said that Brandon Aubrey would have a sixty seven yard field goal to win the game twenty three to twenty. So I was off on my pick.
Speaker 4: Well, if they had one more stop on that third down, he was going to get the opportunity to tie it. HM, they would probably only had to go twenty yards.
Speaker 3: To get to the fifty right, and that would have been my sixties And there was sixty eight seven, sixty eight yard kick. All right, So I have a feeling I know who Nate is picking. He's going to pick the Cowboys by one point.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, okay, go Cowboys?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 8: Do you have it?
Speaker 3: Do you have a player that we need to keep an eye on, Yes, sir okay.
Speaker 5: His number seventy three or seventy four for the other team. His name is what's the big Kids?
Speaker 4: Lawrence?
Speaker 2: Make sure Dexter Lawrence.
Speaker 3: He's not Chevty control.
Speaker 2: Dexter Lawrence.
Speaker 3: He's ninety seven ninety seven.
Speaker 4: Yep, Yes, Dexter Lawrence.
Speaker 2: The third, your third, So your pick to click is to keep him from making Yes.
Speaker 3: Would be the combination of Cooper bb, Tyler Smith and Zach Martin. Okay, interioror offensive line.
Speaker 5: We need to rush for one hundred yards from the interior the line, and that mean we have dominated by the way.
Speaker 3: Jerry Jones, that's my pick this morning. He does not expect Dalvin Cook to play Thursday night. Yes, that little breaking news from his interview this morning.
Speaker 2: Mick, you did not catch that.
Speaker 4: I only had an opportunity to listen to three thirds or three quarters.
Speaker 2: That at the end because.
Speaker 3: I had to explain to someone at work last night that, Okay, it's a short week. Typically you're going with what you got.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean he wouldn't even have a chance to And by the.
Speaker 3: Way, practice right, That's what I told him is that they don't practice this week, So what about last week? He practiced last week, Yes, but it's still if he If they didn't elevate him for the last game, they're likely not doing it for this game.
Speaker 4: Well, if they don't, because there weren't any injuries, they don't let him practice with the first or second team.
Speaker 3: He's not getting elevator, you're not running the plays in practice. So, okay, Micky, how about you.
Speaker 4: I'm not picking them to win until they win.
Speaker 3: Uh oh bum. I came in here thinking the same what's the score? I came in here thinking the same thing that I'm not going to pick the Cowboys to win, And then I looked across the table here at Nate, and I don't know that I can walk out of here.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to take divine singletary.
Speaker 3: Tows your score.
Speaker 4: Twenty one nineteen.
Speaker 3: Who is your pick to click for the Cowboys?
Speaker 4: If there is a pick to click for the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: You're not ringing with confidence here.
Speaker 4: It is going to be Trayvon Diggs.
Speaker 3: Trayvon Diggs, You're pick to click. That means he gets a pick, that's right, Okay, at least one. Okay, I've picked the Cowboys to win twenty three to twenty. I think every week this season.
Speaker 4: You have and it was both of us last week, and so.
Speaker 3: I'm going with twenty three to twenty again until I get it right. I'm going with twenty three twenty.
Speaker 4: Because my twenty eight to seventeen the week and here's my pic to click, So who's it?
Speaker 3: Ce d Lamb? All right, Ceedee Lamb is my pick to click. What do you think about that, Nate?
Speaker 5: I love it, and I'm changing mind to Ceedee Lamb pick to click with one hundred and fifteen yards and one TD.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, because that's my guy. I don't just give up a guy because he had he made a mistake. I've made a thousand, so he got nine hundred and ninety eight more than me.
Speaker 3: And he's heard all this talk about the guy on the Giants team from LSU who's lighting it up. And he's also heard all the well he's heard to talk about him the last game and his frustration and so forth. So I think it's a big bounce back game for Ceedee Lamb in this game. And by the way, and Malik Nighbors is from ye Lafayette. He was born in Lafayette, Louisiana, Youngsville, Louisiana.
Speaker 4: So they're both louis Louisiana boys.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, that's right. So anyway, so that's what I'm going with me and you both all right? Very good?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Any final comments before you take off for Jersey. Well you have a tie on.
Speaker 4: By the way, I've got Paul this TV to do, and once I put it on, it's like I'm not taking it a having to tie it again and do it again. And so I just left.
Speaker 3: You wear a tie on the charter, No, we don't.
Speaker 4: They don't wear a suit and tie on the Maybe that's what's gotta change. Got us dressed like, didn't you guys have to wear coat and tie?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, to the stadium too.
Speaker 2: It don't. It don't matter, man, we went, we went what three and three and whatever? With suit?
Speaker 3: Didn't change from from Landry to Jimmy. The attire, no, it didn't change.
Speaker 4: And it didn't change with Garrett.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the record, you know, only different. Well, we just choked a little bit more on the plane coming home.
Speaker 3: No food, No food at Washington.
Speaker 5: It's okay, too, soft Bill, baby, I'm sticking to what I believe at the beginning, soft Bill.
Speaker 2: All right, some more players?
Speaker 4: Yep, more players, yes, sir?
Speaker 2: Okay, right attitude. So did y'all get ever since pick the click?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Whoa?
Speaker 2: Did we get it? I don't. He didn't say anything, is it unless it just came in? Yeah? We need to get out. I think we need to get out. I think the producers supreme wanted to go get some lunch, but we holding him up.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, We'll let produce the Supreme. Go get lunch, enjoy the game on Thursday night, a Cowboys victory twenty three to twenty, and we will chat at you again on Friday at noon here on mix Shots.
Speaker 2: Oh Cowboys, Cow Cow Cow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.