Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Yet, welcome back everybody who's excited to dissect the culture you are.
Speaker 1: I am excited to see it in your face. I'm very excited.
Speaker 3: You seem like you have something to talk about today, Like you're excited, like you're holding some information.
Speaker 1: What information do you have? I actually don't have anything. I can see in your face.
Speaker 3: I can tell when you like you want to let something out and it's like outside of wait until we get on mic and camera to like you've been avoiding me in the studio since I got here, Like I walk out there, you come in here.
Speaker 1: I walked in here, you walk out out there?
Speaker 2: What's side to take a phone call? But I mean jet Field does it? Does melt steal beams?
Speaker 1: That? I mean, I've been holding that information for quite some time. So we're not. We're not. If you're thinking that's what I was gonna get doing that.
Speaker 3: First of all, continued prayers and consolances to everyone that was affected by the tragic tragic day of nine to eleven, two thousand and one, twenty four years later, we are here, never forget.
Speaker 2: I stopped by uh two firehouses today, the one the one around the corner and the one in hell's kitchens. Uh, you know, because a lot of firefighters that did pass all nine to eleven, they will open their doors so everyone could pay the respect. If you walk by a firehouse, you could sit in one to two today, especially the one, you.
Speaker 3: Know, the one around the corners. Pretty cool, the guys are pretty cool. Set them out sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just uh, which I guess maybe it's a selfish thought when you're when you're this far downtown, it gets stevens Hatter.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because this firehouse I'm sure was there in one minute. Oh sure, definitely.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that firehouse had you know a majority of them were some of the first people in there, which you know tragically leads to being higher and not making it down.
Speaker 1: So to all New Yorkers America period.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know we say never forget in a condescending way sometimes put seriously, this this is a huge day in my life, like everything changed. So you know, it's our tenth or eleven time talking about nine to.
Speaker 1: Eleven on the anniversary on the podcast.
Speaker 2: So you know, I feel like our listeners know our thoughts on this entire thing, but we still should always bring.
Speaker 3: Us being New Yorkers and you know, being in the city obviously on nine to eleven. It's forever a part of our uh our lives. Yeah, think we will ever be anywhere in the world and not remember nine to eleven. So continued prayers, condolences to all families and victims of the tragic nine to eleven and hopefully, you know, twenty four years later, people are somewhat back to some normalcy and life is is.
Speaker 1: Not really really you know, somewhat.
Speaker 2: No, actually it is normal because everything after nine eleven has been completely fucking chaotic, and so that's become the new normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It seems like when he was running into tower, now that became all right, Yeah, everything's chaotic after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything feels normal after that happens.
Speaker 3: I keep tumble now more than ever. I think people really we're just so insensitive, like we really don't care. But they released a video of US shooting a missile at a UFO and it bouncing off the UFO and nobody is even talking about it, like the UFO didn't slow down, stop, nothing like it. He asked one of the They asked one of the guys, They.
Speaker 1: Said, just make you nervous. Are you're scared?
Speaker 3: He was like, yeah, yeah, I'm scared about like one of our missiles, Like we shot at a unidentified flying object and it completely just kept flying straight through the missile.
Speaker 1: And did you think this is the first time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like didn't break course nothing. It's just like, yeah, scary.
Speaker 2: I mean they just gotta uh what's what's homie from a Jurassic Park and Independence Day?
Speaker 1: Jeff? They just got to hit Jeff Global. He figured out Independence Day to get through that force field. Yeah, and then uh hum, the Rednecks sacrificed himself like yeah, come on, we got get back. That was just get back.
Speaker 2: Everyone said he didn't get abducted the years ago waiting for us get back.
Speaker 1: He was waiting for us get back. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, but we're so intensive we don't care, like we're gonna we're gonna see the aliens one day. They're gonna be just chilling on the corner. We're gonna just keep strolling like all right, cool, Like it's there's nothing.
Speaker 2: Obviously Independence Day was a movie, but it just proves just like how much masculinity is really gone, like the lack of men and what we know how to do. They were just grabbing anybody to fly fighter jets into space to fight the aliens.
Speaker 1: And it was just like farmers like, yeah, I know how to do that. Well anybody if they say, oh ma, here's F sixteen, it's your time, Sloane.
Speaker 3: No, it was people that were crop dusters that know how to fly. Yeah, they used to Like it was like just had to teach them how to shoot.
Speaker 2: But like, for sure, but I don't even have the knowledge of how to fly one of the right Brothers planes. Those guys knew how to do those in the farms and then just got in the F sixteen and.
Speaker 1: Save save the world.
Speaker 2: Anything like open the wound for Will Smith to get in there and get busy. What would you do if you sat in a fighters yet and they was like, nah, it's it's us at them.
Speaker 1: I mean at some point you have to you know.
Speaker 3: If I had some flying experience and it was like listen, this has we're trying to save the.
Speaker 1: World, I think I would do it. I think I would get in the fighter jet.
Speaker 3: I mean a fighter jet and the crop dust are two totally different planes. That's like saying, yo, jumping a Honda.
Speaker 1: We don't even have the crop duster experience. No, but they have zero. But they wouldn't tell us to get in the plane. You never know people that was crop.
Speaker 2: There was people that knew how to fly some type of because they had they had an actual skill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were men, they farmed, they had a trade. This is you want me to talk to the aliens. I can talk to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah we can. We can talk about what's going on. Yeah, we could do that.
Speaker 1: We want to carry out next week at the album.
Speaker 2: I could play the really good like panicked guy in the back seat. You know, some fighter jets have two seats, the one that's just like yo, they right here, they're right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I play that. I could do that. Give me I practically tell you where. They give me a real.
Speaker 3: Pilot, and I can help him like navigate, like listen, they're right there behind us.
Speaker 1: You know, let's get out of here.
Speaker 3: I can do that. But me flying, that's not happening. If it's up to me, we all fucked.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't wait for the alien. It's just to let's just settle this once in for all. You mean, just just take us over. We need a new regime. The whole world needs regime change, not a country the planet.
Speaker 1: I'm back in and show us.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're scared us, tell us what to do.
Speaker 1: They're not trying to take over the planet. I don't think that's what it is. It's their planet. Yeah, there it is. They've been here.
Speaker 2: Are you under the impression that AI is actually an alien from Saturn? Because that's a new that's a new theory. AI is actually an alien and it's from Saturn. No, it's not a technology, it is a being. It is it is from Saturn.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. I didn't jump down that rabbit hole yet. All that it's your loss. You're done right now. It's not a rabbit hole. It's a fact. Okay.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't know that. You just told me something new today. It's not far fetched though. I mean, I'm not mad at that, but I don't.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't jump down that rabbit hole. I don't even know how we got to that. What are you doing? This weekend we have the Canelo fight, biggest fight of the not the century, but.
Speaker 3: Definitely a lot of two years though. I feel like this is this is definitely one of the biggest fights in the last twenty years.
Speaker 1: For sure. That wouldn't know that's successive. What this is definitely one of the biggest fights in the last even.
Speaker 2: Though Packy had lost after he then he went to fight Mayweather.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that wasn't exactly that was.
Speaker 3: It was still pack Mayweather put foot in both in their you know when they in their primes, and pack Out again knocked out and didn't lose another fight after getting knocked out and then fort Floyd.
Speaker 2: Then yes, I would still put Dala hoy in Mayweather against this that that was a fight everyone was anticipating.
Speaker 3: Crazy, Yeah, that was anticipated. But this is this is the one of those. This is on that same course of you know, one of the most legendary boxing fights that we we will ever receive.
Speaker 1: For sure. Should I do a fight party? What we're doing? What's everyone doing? Fight parties?
Speaker 3: You still have those, of course, which you want to go to a bar? No, they definitely don't want to go to a bar. I hate watching boxing. I watched them Who's my my Irish brother?
Speaker 2: And that sent his dick to Zillia Banks Canelo No, hey, first of all, Canelos Mexican.
Speaker 1: Oh, she just happen to be a gender what'd you say? It was McGregor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watched Mayweather McGregor at a bar, and it was the.
Speaker 1: Worst experience I've ever had in my entirely.
Speaker 2: Watching fights in public places sucks.
Speaker 1: In public places suck. I'm not really a.
Speaker 2: I can watch regular season football at bars and public places. Super Bowl I hate it, like anytime where they throw music on during commercials and like, I can't stand any of that. I just want to be quiet and watch what the fuck I'm watching.
Speaker 4: Watching the Knicks during the playoffs was fun when me, Pege and Josh went, But.
Speaker 2: That's because it's like a community of Knicks fans in New Yorkers. Like if we went to Mexico, I would definitely want to go out to watch the Canelo fight because it.
Speaker 1: Would be crazy everywhere. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: But now other than that, I'm I'm I'm fight party all the way tomorrows.
Speaker 1: I'll pay for the food if you want to cook. Cook.
Speaker 4: I thought like fight parties were like like wings and pizza and ship, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and cook wings and make a pizza, flip the dough in the air, all that.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah that's what you said. I actually like shread the mozzrella. I like to make pizza. It's fun. It's like a make pizza.
Speaker 2: You get dough and then you get sauce and you get mozzrella and whatever.
Speaker 3: Like you made pizza from scratch before no, I bought dough and then that's from scratch.
Speaker 1: I didn't make the dough. I do so I bought the dough. So you didn't make the dough, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, oh I do it often, like really often, like with Aamara too.
Speaker 1: She usually ruins him.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, he's mentioned he mixed it with tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun. Okay. You if you get the pre crust, that's the easiest one, like.
Speaker 2: Where you can just throw it in the oven and just whatever you want to put on top. But the dough, shit is fun. I fuck it up a lot because even when you buy the dough, if you fuck up the flour, like I give dollar pizza slices more credit.
Speaker 1: Once I started to trying to make pizza. Sh It is difficult, but that's just fun. We can make pizza, we can make wings, or we could just order.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much that.
Speaker 2: I'm down. I'm down, Well all right, let me order. Let me pre order now for all the Spanish people in Jersey City. I can't order the day of that will never happen. We get the food on Monday.
Speaker 1: I just got to order early in the daya so, but yeah, you do a five party at my crip. That could be fun. Yeah, that'd be cool. I know. I mean, I know you're not coming, but if you have, if you have a watch party, I'll pull up. Okay, I just gotta feel like, do y'all know like women? Do I know women? Yes? I know women. Okay, add them to the list.
Speaker 2: Because I can provide a venue, I can provide a cable, I will purchase the fight.
Speaker 1: I have a TV. I will buy the food.
Speaker 2: I can't like the other libations, the ones that people care the most about, I can't provide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but women don't want to go to someone.
Speaker 4: Well, I was gonna say women only go to fight parties when they want to fuck one of the niggas that's at the fight party.
Speaker 1: The mall knows women that would want to do that. Oh no, damn, I'm that hideous.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying I don't know off top I don't know women off the top of my ASD like I would have to do some digging in the files like some make it not a sexual thing whatsoever, and just watch just a bunch of people.
Speaker 2: Can just you know, have conversation, be friends and focus on the sport of boxing.
Speaker 4: Well, or if you want it to be a real fight party, we can get with.
Speaker 1: Fight party to me is ten people.
Speaker 2: I'm not like, come on, not a fight party because at that point you could just go outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like ten people. It's on Netflix, right, is this on Netflix? I think it's on Netflix.
Speaker 4: So it's three of us. We need seven more people.
Speaker 2: Oh no, get I can hit Beatrice, I can I could hit just the people that are in the area.
Speaker 1: Okay, That's all I got. That's all you need.
Speaker 4: That's all you need.
Speaker 2: That is true you need. That's how we watched every Knicks game too. Who do you have in this fight?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: So I'm watching I'm watching the Netflix series leading up to the fight. And then I saw an interview with Canelo and and and and Crawford the other day, and Canelo didn't know Crawford had seven kids, so when he found out out, he was like, oh shit. So like his face was kind of like this guy has said he he's fighting for more than than I thought. He was like, you know what I'm saying. He had that look on his face like seven kids, like holy shit, you know what I mean. So my heart is saying Crawford, but my boxing mind is saying Canelo.
Speaker 1: I'm going Canelo. Uh.
Speaker 2: As much as I do love my my ginger brother, I think he's going to win.
Speaker 1: I'm going for Crawford, but.
Speaker 2: I think I think Canelo's gonna win this. And I'm actually kind of shocked how many people think it's going to be a landslide with Crawford. Like that's been the consensus of everyone I've talked to that Crawford was good.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, y'all sure, Like listen, I love Terrence Crawford. I think he's incredible. I think he you know, he's gonna surprise people with this performance. But I also think that, you know, he's just a different type of fighter that I don't think Crawford has ever faced before, and I think that'll be the difference. I think once Crawford is in a ring with him, he'll realize that this is probably as tough as opponent that he's ever faced. And but I think I think it will be an entertaining fight, though I think it. I don't think it'll be a knockout. I think it's going to go to distance. It's gonna go to the cards, and I do think that Canelo will be will be the better fighter yea Saturday night.
Speaker 2: I definitely definitely think it's going the distance for sure. Back to your point of this being one of the biggest fights in the last how many years, now that I do think about it, with everything that's been happening with boxing, I agree. Also on the side of just the sport. Again, we've supported the Paul Brothers everything they've done. I think it is great that they're finding other ways to keep boxing relevant. But this may be the most important thing for the real side of the sport because now we're down to Mayweather and Tyson fighting each other, which again I like the I like what Ice Ceps doing with the Big three, Like I think everyone should still be able to make money in retirement. I have nothing against that whatsoever, but it is starting to take a lot of the seriousness away from what boxing once was when that gets more views than anything else whatsoever. Like what cub was doing is awesome, but if you compare it to the TV rights of the NBA. It's not even close. This Canelo and Crawford shit is like the last ship we have as far as superstars and anticipated fights. We're sitting there just wondering who Jake Paul's gonna fight.
Speaker 3: Well, he's gonna fight uh Tank, He's fighting Tank.
Speaker 1: And again, Tank is a prime a professional.
Speaker 2: I'd like to see him fight another professional in their prime as well, which is rare sometimes. But Canelo and Crawford, to your point, this is the last one that like we've.
Speaker 1: Had in quite some time. Well, of course I'm gonna watch Mayweather enticson, but like, yeah, you're gonna watch it.
Speaker 3: But Tank still he still has the Lamont Roach rematch that was a great first fight that had.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: People still want to see Tank fight uh shakor Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I wish all that would happen before we get to Jake Paul. And that's not a slight to Jake Paul. I just think Tank has a few people he needs to fight before we get to this, that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean Laoyda Floyd could fight fucking James Tony for.
Speaker 3: Anybody, So for him to take that Jake Paul fight now is a little yeah where but I mean, the bag that he's getting is hard to listen. Man, it's hard to turn it's it's hard to turn that bad. We can say, we can sit here and say what we want.
Speaker 1: Who said I wouldn't, But I'm saying it's just hard to saying that type of money down.
Speaker 3: But I think, you know, Tank, after that, the Jake Paul fight, he'll go on and fight obviously Lamont Roach again. Uh. I think he will fight Shaicolle Stevenson at some point down the line. I think the Canelo Crawford is interesting only because you know, if this, I think whichever.
Speaker 1: Wade this goes is going to be a rematch. Yeah, oh for sure. So we'll get it. We'll get it.
Speaker 3: We'll get second Canelo Crawford. Yeah. So I mean, you know, we got at least another two years of waiting to see some good fights.
Speaker 2: So another interesting point that you you bring up. We're definitely going to get a second. It may be a trilogy, for all we know. Is the fix already in so we can guarantee that there's a second and third fight. No, I think I think it's not politics as usually, like we give Jake Paul all them shit, Like hey, this fight is fixed. But let's not act like professional boxing hasn't been either. Is the fix in already where it feels like it's so debated or somebody gets fucked over, like let's say Canelo, it goes a distance. It's clear that Canelo nine ten on every fucking round, and they give it a Crawford that's gonna spark.
Speaker 1: All right, we need a rematch? Do we think that.
Speaker 2: Because people in their prime not fighting each other is less than it used to be? Are are they gonna set this up for the next ten years five years?
Speaker 3: No? I think I think that either way it goes, the rematches happening.
Speaker 2: I think some when someone gets slighted that forces the first thing the commentators say out the gays, all right, now we need a rematch.
Speaker 3: No, this doesn't. A second fight is happening. No matter which way is this goes Saturday night. A second fight is happening. Now, third fight. I think that's depending on how the second fight goes. Yeah, who's victorious in that fight? Like if Canelo wins this fight, Crawford wins the second fight, then obviously we have to have a third to kind of break that whole, you know, tie one and one. But yeah, I mean it's it's a lot of money in Canelo Crawford. They are two of the biggest names in the sport right now. And we know how you know, the fight game is while wild fighters are hot, while they're in demand, uh you know, TV deals and pay per view deals, They're going to get as much money out of it as they can. So you know, we'll have to see that. But this is the this is the one fight that I think every fight fan has been waiting for and is excited to see. Yeah, So, I mean, I'm looking forward to it. And again, my heart is with Crawford, but I've seen Canelo too much, man. And you know, I've seen some great fighters stand in front of front of Canelo and they all say the same thing after the fight was he's a lot better than I thought he was.
Speaker 1: He hits it, he's a lot stronger than I thought he was.
Speaker 3: And again, I love Crawford, but I think he's gonna find out the same thing Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you all right.
Speaker 2: Outside of boxing, how come no one's went to any fashion week? Like where the Where the whackst podcast? Ever, no one went to any fashion week events.
Speaker 4: That was straight.
Speaker 1: I was oping to see yall instagram that job. Y'all was moving and shaken. It just started though. Oh I thought, I thought this shit been going on. It's been.
Speaker 4: It's been some stuff.
Speaker 2: But I get confused with Fashion Week, Like it's like seven different weeks in New York.
Speaker 1: Do they have set weeks for this or do they just rand him to be like, yo, this is this the week. No, it's the flip a coin and it's like, you know what we're gonna go with February first.
Speaker 3: No, it's always around the same time every year. Okay, September eleventh to the sixteenth, Okay, I saw a bunch of events already. Well, people are in town since Monday dinners and the parties and things like that. But you know, and in the VMA's last weekend, so you know, it's been there's been a lot of events.
Speaker 1: We live in New York.
Speaker 3: It's always something going on in New York City. But it is officially Fashion Week as we speak.
Speaker 4: We're washed, bro, Like you need to just accept it, learn to live with it. Nobody's inviting us to stuff. Well, y'all get invited, y'all, don't go Okay.
Speaker 1: No, I got invited stuff. It's just like what am I? What am I do there?
Speaker 3: Just stand like, yeah, I'm not gonna keep running a different events just to watch the new drop that's coming out next year and then you know.
Speaker 1: No, I would never walk the runway peege Wait, why not? I would? No, that would be fun to try to do.
Speaker 4: Serve Page, get off my ear.
Speaker 1: I would would never walk the runway. Don't do that. If would, you don't do that, I'm telling you I would never.
Speaker 2: Jerry ash Fear of God show asked Mall to walk down in his Fear of God.
Speaker 1: Nikes, you're doing it. Why wouldn't you do that?
Speaker 2: And I'm not taking away from Bottles because they really know how to walk. What you really got to do is walk. You have to be a professional Jake walk.
Speaker 3: If Jerry asked, only because I fucked with Jerry like that's one of my favorite designers.
Speaker 1: Absolutely I would. Yeah, anybody else, I'm cool. I was just about to say god Speed, you wouldn't, Vanity you not?
Speaker 4: He closing the show for Godspeed would be the last one.
Speaker 1: It's it's just more.
Speaker 2: Actually he walks around changes and it just keeps going in circles in different godspeat Yeah, I mean Vanity, we would have to do all our stuff. Would you walk in the new Royal Maul fashion Show like with just our merch? I mean I would have to Yeah, okay, I mean you weren't the last photo shoots.
Speaker 1: I didn't think that the fashion show would be.
Speaker 2: There if it was, as I'm shying, stirs it up.
Speaker 1: If it was, we had a fast shoot. But if it was a fashion show, Okay, who else do you think would would we get the whole crew? Like? Would it be me and you?
Speaker 2: Demarus Page, Josh Enter? Get, we could fly Yomas back up? We get adding on the saw. Actually here we get we get Kelly from volume Logan. You're thinking Channing Sharp if he ever signs the new deal.
Speaker 1: No, we got to stay away from Shannon. He just did a Tony Yao episode. What does that mean he's back out the street? Nah? And yo? So they could plug the new episode?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yo, for sure, Yayo with some merch. Let him walk, let him walk the wrong way for sure. Absolutely, we would have Yao in the faster show.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, then listen, list the brands that you would do a faster show with we have fear of God. Already God speak anything with God. I mean, I'm salty that A is still to this day has not even put me in any of the ads at this point.
Speaker 1: They just be fine in anybody, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Yo, every season it's a different influence.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've been checking.
Speaker 2: I've been checking my Instagram followers like, huh nah, they don't.
Speaker 1: I don't got this, I don't got the sauce.
Speaker 3: Like, no, they ain't messing with you. You got to wait outside on the line drops, wait outside, We'll let you.
Speaker 1: I think I'm in and shout to Teddy, I love.
Speaker 2: But I think I'm in an abusive relationship with them because I'll happily pay for for stuff all the time, stuff all the time. But every time I start to feel like I'm getting in, uh to the place of this is a whole new brand, y'all y'all stopping me at the door, this and that, all of a sudden, I get a friends and family discount anytime I'm about to leave, like I really feel, like like in a like a DV victor, they do like they love every single time I'm about to leave. They love like treating like this. I pay for ship, I support, I wear it everywhere. Now y'all saying, oh, you got to make an appointment to just buy a T shirt, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Who the fuck?
Speaker 2: Anytime that happens, somebody from the OG first stat will be like, Yo, no, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Come on yo? Tell him seventy percent off?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's a love bomb every single fucking time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They want to keep you. They want to keep you there just as long as they can.
Speaker 1: I mean if I got to walk in their show, yeah, they'd have me forever. Dope though they got some fly ship.
Speaker 2: I mean we would never probably get asked for any designer. We wouldn't get ask period, but designer ship. I like, do your stuff to some degree, do you? Or I would do LV just the non printed everywhere ship.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. I feel like I would trip on the runway over nothing over nothing, over over my insecurities. Oh he does triple.
Speaker 2: I'd be tripping over overthinking of left right left right left right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This, I'd probably start holding my breath and not realize it. Like forty seconds in I'd be like I just realized I didn't breathe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I start coughing bro stoic ass face.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I feel like that would be way harder than people think it is.
Speaker 1: Walking the run way. Hell yeah, that shit looks terrifying.
Speaker 2: Just walking or you would No, I can just walk, but not on a runway, like I'd have to have like the right bop. I'd start overthinking, right, That's why They's why they wouldn't ask you. Oh, I know, I'm giving credit to models because that is an art to walking in the barzar, But like, would it be weird if I practiced in the mirror of like what I wanted to give them as far as a walking very would it be?
Speaker 1: You know, casual stoic, they're very weird.
Speaker 3: Just walk, Just put an outfit on it, Just go out there, let the people see the outfit. Very simple. You're overthinking this thing. Just be cool, man. That's all you gotta do is just be cool.
Speaker 1: We act like you're going to pay the meter.
Speaker 2: And I think it was twenty fifteen or sixteen when when Kanye was doing all those fashion shows for Pablo and then you know he did with the listening session in the garden where it was like all that, and then he did like Central Park or whatever you know they were because Ye wanted to do so many of them.
Speaker 1: Def Jam was literally.
Speaker 2: Calling anybody that they fucking knew, and they was like, you want to put on an American A Peril T shirt and walk in Central Park.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, they called you for that. They called everybody for yea release.
Speaker 2: Because he wanted to do like seventy five, not like on some influencer shit shit li YACHTI was in that ship and no one even knew really who Yachty was. Like that at that time, like they were calling anybody that was connected to anyone at deaf Jam because because Kanye had had already over overused at anyone in the fashion world of the real models, they just needed people to stand for an hour and a half, not even in yeezy apparel, like literally just white T shirts and whatever aesthetic and you just had to be an extra in the back. I was like, I think I remember that. I was like, you just want me to stand? That was some years ago, twenty sixteen. Yeah, I remember that, Oh my god, but I regret it though. If I were to go back, I would have said yes. I would have said yes to that. Now in retrospect. I really would have. That would have just been a story to have of like I had to stand like this, like like I was guarding the Queen for two hours straight, not even any easy clothes, just a regular white T shirt in white pants, just like this in Central Park.
Speaker 1: We gotta find that pholt.
Speaker 3: I'm sure some faces in there like we look at now for sure, like oh ship, like that person was. I was watching your worst movie of all time, Rudy the other night, and I didn't realize that Vince Vaughn.
Speaker 1: Was the the not that I was crying laughing like you. I had no idea Vince.
Speaker 2: Vaughan because that wasn't post Swingers, right, that might have been Vince's like first real big movie, That's.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So and seeing that, I was like, yo, I had no idea that that was Vince Vaughn whole time.
Speaker 2: And he kind of still acts like he's saying wedding crashers.
Speaker 1: Like let's say, once you.
Speaker 2: Look at his whole filmography after, it's like he's really just acting like he doesn't getting old. He's the same person. He's spoiled, lazy, running back.
Speaker 1: Yeah that so, so you still like the movie. I do like Rudy Man. I don't know why you don't like that movie. It was a good movie, A really good movie celebrating mediocre shit. Oh man, it was. It was a good movie. Man. We didn't even do nothing with that degree. That's not true. He became a public speaker because of the movie. Nah. I'm sure he did something before that though.
Speaker 2: He probably went to go work back at his father's steel mill.
Speaker 1: Maul.
Speaker 2: I know you do not have a phone, so I am here to let you know that that is probably a device that you need in this day and age.
Speaker 1: Bought me one. You got me one.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I could find it a service, just don't tell nobody. For twenty five dollars a month, you get unlimited talk, text and data forever.
Speaker 1: And their name is boost Mobile Plus.
Speaker 3: Boost Mobile is now legitimate nationwide five G network.
Speaker 1: Were they not before? I mean, I don't know if it was legit, but now it's legit.
Speaker 3: They've invested billions at the building five G towls across the country. Visit boostmobile dot com or head to your local bootstore today and get unlimited talk, text and data for twenty five dollars a month forever. Five G speed's not available in all areas. After thirty GB customers make sperment slower speeds. Customers will pay twenty five dollars a month as long as they remain active on the Boot Unlimited plan.
Speaker 1: Did you see Iceman Episode three? Yeah? What'd you think about it? Yeah? It was underwhelms. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I thought the the songs that he previewed were underwhelming compared to all the other Iceman stuff and the stuff he's put on DSPs.
Speaker 1: Visually it was cool.
Speaker 2: I sound like a hypocrite, but I'm getting a little tired of just like all the Easter egg stuff, and like everything now has to focus on what does this mean?
Speaker 1: What does this mean?
Speaker 2: All right, there's a bunch of guys in the balcony. One has a white hat. What is like it's just getting like exhausting.
Speaker 1: I get why he's doing it, and if I were him or advising him, I'd do the same thing.
Speaker 2: You got to lean into it. This is what came out of the beef. But musically, that's the only thing I really care about. At the end of the day, I thought that whatever happened, what's the name of the song?
Speaker 1: It didn't go on DSPs.
Speaker 4: You mean that's just how I feel, Rory.
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, it's the same thing. No, what happened? That's how I feel. What did I miss? Just a bunch of those titles.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was underwhelming, and even if it's a demo cool, Like it's cool to leak stuff on stream, but at this high quality of production and one of the first rappers that is doing it this way as far as releasing music offstream live with visuals, I just don't to get matched up to the music that we've been hearing from Drake the last few weeks.
Speaker 1: It started out crazy.
Speaker 2: I thought I was about to get Drake back in his bag, and then it switched into something that I think is beneath Drake's talent level.
Speaker 1: That's that's really it. The Eat shit started out cool too. I don't know. I don't want to be the one.
Speaker 2: To comment on a Drake and Eat song. It eats not for me. I don't know if the kids love that, but I don't know. It feels like a lot just more of more of the same. That's all, just more the same beats, more the same flows, more the same content.
Speaker 3: I want to see where it goes, where the story goes. I mean, I did the record that he ended with that, that record sounds crazy.
Speaker 2: I wanted to hear whatever beat was playing when he was in the elevator of episode two.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought we were getting. And I don't know think everybody felt like that that's what they would get.
Speaker 2: But I don't know, See, that's what everyone thought they was getting the red button, and I laughed.
Speaker 1: I didn't think we were getting it on this one whatsoever.
Speaker 3: I think what did I miss was the first one, So I think everybody felt like it was going to be like releases. I mean, obviously the Yeat and the Julia wolf Wrecking came out dog At Yeah, but the record that's her record though, I believe so. But that that the record at the end with the Iceman sample that sounds like that sounds like it might be.
Speaker 1: The intro to the Iceman album. Here's my thing.
Speaker 2: Nobody in their right mind thinks Drake does not have access to amazing production so you can keep playing all these crazy beats, like I believe. I don't know who's true, but everyone said that was a boy wanted to beat that when he was in the elevator, Like we already know Drake has worked with put On, partnered with some of the greatest producers of our generation. Nobody thinks Drake can't get good beats? What are you saying on them? So I teasing the beats is cool, But what are you going to say? Is what people care about? Well, I get it, it's a rollout, it's anticipation. I just this was the most underwhelming Iceman episode. Like he I think really needs to make a bang with episode four for people to continue to care about this series. I thought one and two were cool, caused up more conversation, put out actual music with it. This one just I felt like it was a bit of a dud and any anticipation went away at the end of it.
Speaker 1: It was like that was it. This could be his Wire season two.
Speaker 2: This could be the Ports. This is the whole reason of how we get season this, three, four.
Speaker 1: Five, This could be him at the docks.
Speaker 3: Look, they were Legacy on the table and tomato sauce pour dice on top of it. I mean, listen, it's gonna be some things you might go back to be like, Okay, that all makes sense now.
Speaker 2: I rewatched The Wire season two actually pretty recently, and I always felt underwhelmed by that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it just got.
Speaker 2: Older and knew where the rest of the season was going. I actually like enjoy season two. It's definitely it's not the best, But the end of season two going into season three may be my favorite part of the entire series, Like that whole bark Steed l Marlow transition from two to three to me is like the best part of it.
Speaker 1: So I take back a lot of the hate I had for season two with the Wire. It's just we saw so many white faces and it was just like, all right, man shows us.
Speaker 3: So you might feel the same way about Ice Mad episode three unless he completely changes what's it called?
Speaker 4: To Mars, that's just the way I feel. Yeah, yeah, that's just how I feel. We cannot get that one right.
Speaker 2: That's just because he said that's just how I feel and didn't tell me anything he felt. Maybe he can clean that record up, but as of now, I don't think there could be anything that would make me like really like that record. Oh, I mean, you know where I stood on the last two.
Speaker 1: Like I even still like the Central Sea record.
Speaker 2: This was just the underwhelming one to me, and I think he needs to do a quick, quick turnaround.
Speaker 1: I know he's still doing shows, but I would say episode.
Speaker 2: Four needs to come because the antition, anticipation he built with one and two, I think it dropped at episode three.
Speaker 3: I think the fact, well, we've never seen an artist roll out an album this way.
Speaker 1: This is probably first, I think.
Speaker 2: But it also has to hit with with what he's saying, because it's the most important time.
Speaker 1: That's all. Yeah, what was this rumor?
Speaker 2: I saw this clip to his stat Quot saying forty and boy wonder I have hated each other for years.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm rolling.
Speaker 3: Stat Quote said that. First of all, I haven't heard about stack Quorn, so with stat is he okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah and shout out to stat Quot. I was fucked with stack Quote. I haven't heard his name. We're seen him a while, but that could just be because I'm.
Speaker 1: Stat We burnt that stat mixtape in the ground when that shit right, Stack corrap.
Speaker 2: I wish Shady didn't fumble the talent that they had, but he was on a stream with Justin Hunt. They were talking about Drake and Kendrick shit, and he mentioned I also didn't know him and Boy Wonder was so close.
Speaker 1: He said, that's his brother.
Speaker 2: He said, Boy Wondering Forty were not friends for years, which I mean, I don't know if it's like breaking new like I don't know stack Quo's relationship with that crew that he would be valid in that. But I've said to you on this pod and off Mike of my perception of not even knowing anything. I felt like Forty has been a little distant in Drake's career for the last few years, and I didn't know if that because he was working on other stuff or working on Ovio sound stuff. I know, there's all those footage of him with four bats, like I thought maybe he was focusing on other stuff. But it's felt like Forty hasn't had a hand in Drake's career the same he did prior to which is fine, like that happens. I don't necessarily think that means there's beef, but we clearly see that Boy Wonder is still very very much hands on with everything that Drake does, even through the battle as well. So I'm not saying it's a thing that stat Quo said it, but yeah, perception, we don't know. Well, I mean you know these people, but I don't really know what goes on in their internal shit. I've seen Forty be dissant. I've seen wondering Drake not be distant as a fan, just as a fan, as someone that reads credits at someone that has also obsessed over Drake's sound for the last fifteen years that Forty had a huge hand in. I can tell the difference when Forty's involved in when he's not, just because I'm a nerd. But yeah, I don't know if there was some tension internally with the crew, which happens, or Forty just wanted to go do some other shit yeah and focus on the Ovio sound thing. But I do think it's interesting that that stat quo said that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't hate. I don't know if they hated each other, Yeah, hates probably they're both really nice people. Yeah, I don't know hate.
Speaker 3: I don't know if anybody can hate Forty like, he doesn't have an energy that I think people would hate him, like Wonders super cool.
Speaker 1: I don't see why anybody hate him. Maybe just.
Speaker 3: Competitive shit, you know, kind of that energy with producers, you know, that little thing. But I don't know if that's hate. It could be just a competitize thing.
Speaker 2: I feel like Forty no matter what, it could be a just blaze record. Forty is was going to touch every single record like Forty. How Forty mixes is legendary to this era of how I see a lot of other mixers. He touches everything from not just engineering, production and mixing with every boy wanted to be two Like, it's not competition. Forty has to put his sauce on everything. Like to me, we used to talk years and years ago. I've always felt like Drake and Forty were a duo. Hip hop fans are gonna get so mad at me, Eric b rock Kim like I've always felt there a group. To me, Drake is two people. It's Drake and Forty. I've always felt that way. So competition like nah, I feel like Forty's one most people like, let's get the best that we can get and I'll arrange everything. So I can't see a competition between Wonder and Forty and Wonder on the same side is like shit. Even when you know an Bengo card of course is gonna bring Hove up in the faded black shit.
Speaker 1: When Hove was telling just like you know, you couldn't like maybe not make the album, like.
Speaker 2: If you don't show up, like you're not making the album and just like yeah right, like that's our sound people are for no matter what. That's Wonder and Drake. That's not a competition. You're always gonna need the boy Wonder to sound with Drake. It's his sound too.
Speaker 1: Where would there be a competition, Yeah, I mean they all created this sound together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, because obviously you produce music as well, so you know what it is when you have guys that it's just this is our circle, this is our camp.
Speaker 1: It's not base. We all work together, we all work off of each other.
Speaker 3: If I have an idea, you know, you might be able to help bring it to fruition, Like you might understand the sound that I'm looking for. So when I say competitive, it's not like a competitive like I'm trying to outdo you. It's competitive like I'm trying to create some shit that's going to inspire you, like, oh shit, that was crazy, Like that's what that's what Forty's doing that. I gotta, you know, one of that shit. I gotta go back in. I gotta create some shit like I think that type of energy. I don't think it was a competitive energy and where you know we're trying to you know, go against each other. It was more so like inspiring motivating each other to kind of like create the best sound and the the best records that they've done, you know, throughout the years. With Drake, I think it's a family. It's more of a family thing, not you know, a negative competitive thing. It's more or less just like you know, pushing each other.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think because all all of the people in his camp, it's forty Wonder Vinyls, everyone that's hushed, everyone that's in there has created this sound with Drake, maybe they had different different ideas of where it should go and that started a disagreement rather than a competition thing of like, hey, we all created this sound.
Speaker 1: I think it should go this way. I think it should go that way.
Speaker 2: But my real hot take on this entire thing is MESSI. You know, I love Toronto, but I've spent a lot of time pauls around some Toronto men. Sometimes y'all get emotional when somebody fucks somebody.
Speaker 1: Girl, you always starting some shit.
Speaker 2: But I've said, I mean, I've jokingly said that, You know, all jokes have some truth. I've joked with men from Toronto about this too. Like Toronto men love love, they host. Sometimes somebody feels away with you. I'm a gonna say, you know, I get along with Toronto men.
Speaker 1: But don't say Toronto men men. Nah, it's specific up there. That's why they made specific right here.
Speaker 2: That's why they make incredible music, because that's what was missing in music. We still have to love our hose, our women. Everybody everyone got too cool.
Speaker 1: At least they be talking about their feelings. They feel a way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't act like you've not been around, Like if you were to do a percentage wise, of course, every man is an individual. But if we were to put data up, if we asked Saturn chat GBT, who has the most emotional men when it comes to women in.
Speaker 1: The Greater North America area? What what city would you say? Just in? Justin a barbershop, New York? Oh? Nah? Hell no? What go fuck somebody girl up in Dykman and see what happens. Nah, that's an ego thing though, Nah and d all of it is ego thing. What are you talking about? That's saying that's gonna be a gang.
Speaker 2: That's he's not gonna He's gonna feel more angry at the fact that he felt like he was disrespected, not that you fuck the girl that he loves.
Speaker 3: What It's all ego, no matter how you try to slice that, that's ego pie.
Speaker 1: That's not a Toronto thing. That's a man thing.
Speaker 3: Men all over logic of course, for the La New York, Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Those that know, no, what I'm saying is not crazy women. I've had this conversation with countless people from Canada, from America, from the UK, Toronto men. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but they just are deeply in love with the If they say hi to a woman, that's theirs. Now, okay, well, and they gonna feel a way if you say high back.
Speaker 4: Let's put it like this, Maybe they're it's not that they love them their homes more, it's that they're not afraid to show it more. They're like less like niggas in New York will pretend they only they bitches like they they don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't.
Speaker 2: They for the streets and then they'll they'll they'll take it and they'll bury that inside, you know, not to don men gonna be like, yoh, why'd you do that?
Speaker 1: I just don't understand how I'm saying. It's about forty one married, but a lot.
Speaker 3: Of time in Toronto, I've never ran ran into that though, okay never, I'm just saying me my personal.
Speaker 1: Experience, I've never ran into that. I mean, maybe you don't get pussy. I don't know that is true. That is very true. Maybe I don't. We will never know.
Speaker 2: But usually what you guys say all the time, which I do disagree, it's always women that break up everything.
Speaker 1: That could be the.
Speaker 3: Forty and boy wondered, Nah, man, it's that's not I don't know where status getting that from.
Speaker 1: That broke up a Drake in the weekend.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it broke them up. It definitely did, No, I think that was more business. Wasn't a woman.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't really have business like that. He turned that down and they still remain friends. And then Drake took a shorty out on a date.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you're talking about. He even said it in family Matters, we ain't do ship.
Speaker 2: But Liplock like, yeah, you're supposed to my man's that you take my actual ex girlfriend out on a date publicly.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna steal a fucking way about it to the weekend. How you he was talking to so many people on that record, that specific part is one hundred percent about the weekend. No, See, when you put a hundred percent.
Speaker 4: On it, you put one hundred percent on somebody else lives exactly.
Speaker 1: See, that's when you get into trouble with one hundred percent. How do you know that? I don't. I did say that's one hundred percent, because it is. But y'all got it cool.
Speaker 2: If we have to put the fast ship under all the podcast ship, then no, I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, you said you said one hundred percent. Fucking grop can't back me up on this, but I'm telling you, okay, now listen, maybe you got information. I don't. I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 2: That was a public This isn't behind the scenes information.
Speaker 1: It was a public thing. What's the famous chick mate.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it wasn't public that I'm saying you said specifically on family matters when he said all I did was lip like you said, that was one hundred percent about the weekend and some girl, that's what you just said.
Speaker 2: There's no way you can't say this is about the weekend. This is one hundred percent. I don't need confirmation, and let me do the very very slowly because there are n words in here, and you guys are not gonna get me again. If Drake shooters doing tiktoks really shooting you a gang that's Pee's brother, y'all ain't getting shit shot?
Speaker 1: Is who is this? Who is he talking to her here? That's want to ask, Oh, you tell me, well, Peas would be Pring, which is their mutual friend, and Prince brother is in weekends camp. Do we assume that that's who he's talking about? Okay?
Speaker 2: Can't listen to the stick talk in falsetto saving for hip hop? Who he is he told about Rick Ross? Or is he talking about maybe a singer that sings in falsetto?
Speaker 1: Okay, going, you don't even be at home, dog, you want a souvenir out the gift shop? Still mad about that one?
Speaker 3: Hoe?
Speaker 1: We ain't even fuck?
Speaker 2: I just lip locked. Who is he talking about? And you're twenty v one? Who does metro singing in falsetto? Does Kendrick sing in falsetto? All of this is from Toronto. It's metro from Toronto.
Speaker 1: You said one hundred percent. All right, stand on it, yeah, break it down.
Speaker 4: You're not crazy, Rory. I know you were not trying to make you feel crazy. You're not crazy, not at all.
Speaker 1: I just said, he said one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: I said, Okay, you guys think Kai heard us speaking of Iceman episode three, not us specifically, but the whole world of like, all right, we respect you, but complex media music list number one. I don't know if you're the music guy. He's been getting some hot takes off. I know he's critique music before, but he said that Iceman episode three shit was trash on the gate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't expect him. I didn't expect him to say that. It's not that I don't believe that he feels that way. I just didn't expect him to say that.
Speaker 2: But maybe he wants to be respected in the music space with some hot takes maybe or maybe probably also feels that as well, because then he tried to call Drake and everyone said he was blocked. But that's just how phones ring when someone's overseas, Like, that's not.
Speaker 1: A blocked call. But I do think Drake in the petty mode that he's in.
Speaker 2: Probably will block Kaye at some point for saying that, But I don't know he's got he's got young Boy.
Speaker 1: He was crying at Young Boys. Toy doesn't need drake.
Speaker 4: Young Boy blowing up? Man young Well, he been blew up, but like he's.
Speaker 1: Starting to saying young Boy was blowing up.
Speaker 4: I know myself. That's why I corrected myself. He's entering into my old ass stratosphere of old people. Shit right, who's still playing the clips all over and over again, like he's starting to.
Speaker 1: Go viral over here. I'm like, damn. Like NBA Young Boys shows.
Speaker 6: Look lit like oh no, it's it's it shows a real world fan base.
Speaker 2: But I do like seeing this because a lot of people, including myself, say, all right, you stream crazier than everyone, can you sell a ticket? Not only is he selling crazy, everyone knows every fucking word.
Speaker 1: They're losing their mind. Kai is crying like my bad. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Seeing NBA Young Boys shows definitely like confirmation that I'm just old. I don't know one NBA Young Boy like song, and like I'm watching the clips and I'm like, I love the like seeing the entire like stadium arena, everybody into it, everybody knowing. But it's kind of like I'm looking at this, You're like, oh, this is a whole part of the culture that I have no idea.
Speaker 6: You look like, did jay Z mean when he was like yeah, Like I'm because like he getting his shit off, like he flowing, and I'm just like and I'm looking at you know, just the audience and everybody knows all the lyrics and things like that, and I'm just like, the energy is what is a trip?
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, shit, like this is a show. If you go out on stage as an artist, it is your own. It's it's just like there's nothing probably greater than looking out into a fucking arena and everybody knows every word. You're saying, Like that's an artist's dream, you know what I'm saying. So to see that and to see everybody soul like just turned up and you know what I'm saying that somebody from the it's like, okay, like this is this is a show. This is These are like his fans, like people that have been waiting to see him live. They couldn't wait for this moment, They couldn't wait for this tour to come to the city, like this is what hip hop is about. Like rapper comes on stage, everybody goes crazy. Nobody's trying to be you know, cool. Everybody's standing on their seats, shirts off rapping. The girls know all the lyrics, the guys know all the lyrics. Like that to me is just some incredible shit to witness.
Speaker 4: But so we're going.
Speaker 1: I don't like we should go as a social experiment.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's the social experiment though. I don't know if you want a socially experiment with an NBA Young Boy.
Speaker 1: Live shop, I am.
Speaker 3: I feel like you'll get chased out because they I feel like his fans know that you ain't supposed to be here. This ain't for you. Like we don't try to jump on now like we've been. This has been a whole way. Obviously, I'm familiar with NBA Young Boy. I don't know his music the way his fans you know, know it, but I'm familiar with the fan base that he has. I'm familiar with the following that he has and the streaming numbers that he We all know that, but to now see it like night after night, he just did LA last night Kyle was did Kay is crying. I'm just seeing this shit. I'm just like, Yo, what is happening right now?
Speaker 2: I'm curious based off the sound of stuff, Like, for example, when we saw Gucci versus Geezi, and we saw the difference Gucci being the legend that he is, a lot of his legendary records were never mixed.
Speaker 1: They was thrown out.
Speaker 2: Like Jeez had deaf Jam behind him with the biggest budget. His records just feel expensive. They sound expensive. The Gucci shit didn't hit the same next to that. I've never seen an arena so a young Boy's volume, like how much he puts out. Some of his most classic records are like two track shit that I don't even know how it could sound an arena. Yet when I see the footage, it looks like fucking J Cole's performing. That's what I want to see, Like, how are these records transferring in a arena? I've never seen anyone do that do Wan young boy. The type of music he makes, and even some of the classic core fan based records he has are so low quality. I'm not talking about him, but they're low quality records. You can tell you two tracted it was like, Yo, upload that to the internet. Now, I would love, Like, I want to know how that rings off in an arena, because even Gucci, Gucci has classic shit, but even though just on a stream next to JIZI with an expensive sound, and it's like, damn, this is a classic GZ record, but it don't hit be cause it's just don't sound the same next to this.
Speaker 1: And then in the state in an arena, Yeah, like, I gotta know how that sounds.
Speaker 3: All that shit from Young Boy sound looks like it's going off. I love seeing people online saying, Yo, if he don't perform this one, I'm gonna be upset. Like all of that to me is just dope to see people so engaged with an artist like that, and then for NBA Young Boy to go out there and you know it seems like he's you know, he's he's fulfilling the request. Yeah, he's doing all the joints that you know his fans want they hear. I just think this is some really really dope shit.
Speaker 1: To watch, Josh.
Speaker 4: I'm sending you to viral TikTok. That's like going on right now with this girl that has like everybody like, well, damn I want to go to the NBA show. And that's the one that made me want to go to the NBA show. I'm like, yo, I want to feel this passionately about music like they screaming that ship like when the first month that like Dreams of Nightmares came out. I'm like, I want to feel that feeling again. I want to feel that bitch I'm a boss feeling again. The niggas in Paris feeling like I haven't had that feeling a whole.
Speaker 1: A connection to it because they live through the time of Yes, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We can't go because it's like we would just be trying to get on board now and it's kind of like we're not gonna understand it. We need some time to really like.
Speaker 1: To take ship. I mean, it sounds fire. That sounds fled out of this.
Speaker 4: All right, pass we get what you're gonna call it, DeMont size, But come on, man, how do you know that ship sounds.
Speaker 1: Fire to me?
Speaker 2: I can't like I want to go with her, Yeah, Like I want to go with somebody that's gonna like wrap those lyrics in my face.
Speaker 1: So I start to feel like, but this is this is se That's why I know I'm saying close to your chest because you.
Speaker 3: Know how I'm at shows. I'm just standing there, literally just watching the artists perform. I'm not you've been to meet to me with with Drake shows, you like you just standing there and I know all these records. I don't know all of these records. I'm really gonna be listening, standing there watching Young Boy perform, and I can't go with somebody that knows and they hyped and they trying to get me, like I don't even know what he's saying. Yeah, so it's fake if I go because I don't even know these these songs like that. So some of them, I'm like, I might know a couple of the balls, like okay, yeah, I remember that ball right there. But these people are, like you said, Roy, they grew up with this shit, they lived with this music. They couldn't wait for Young Boy to come to their city, like they've been waiting for this moment for years.
Speaker 1: So now that is here, I.
Speaker 3: Just think it's dope to see it and shout out the Young Boy man because you know, being able to develop a fan base like this and all of these years curating this this this sound for your for your audience, and and now being able to go to these cities and sell out these arenas is it's some dope shit, So saluting be a young boy man.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna check it out. I feel like I've always judged him by the way he looked mm hmm, like I mean, he looked like every other Yeah, I know. That's why I don't listen to them. If I if I don't listen. If I met you, he looked like who else? Who a bunch of artists you listen to? It's the same look who match you listen to? Ratchett shit, not men that I listen to women, ratesss shit. I don't listen to men ration shit. I don't know none of this ship now these people. If I will meet you in a dark alley and and you look like I should be afraid of you, like I should cross the street, I don't really check your music out. I don't know, and I shouldn't do that. I should be better, which is why I'm going to check out some of NBA's music.
Speaker 1: I don't be.
Speaker 4: Listening to these these rappers with the be the tattoos and shit on their face like I.
Speaker 1: Don't listen to that. You listen to Wayne. I was just about to.
Speaker 4: Say, Okay, Wayne, the original, the creator, right, But these new.
Speaker 1: Ones know and y'all don't either. Why I looking at me.
Speaker 4: Like I'm crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I've tried.
Speaker 2: You aware that he has been a superstar in his own right with his fan base for a long time. I've seen the numbers.
Speaker 1: I've tried.
Speaker 2: I've done the jay Z headbop like pretending like I think this is all right, but I'm never gonna listen this to again. But I need somebody like that girl to sell it to me with the green hair. What's what's what's worse with a concert going with somebody that's way too cool, like Maul bringing up the Drake Show when he was there, or for example, Deannie Scotti Beam love you to death. Every Cold Show I go to with her, she's wrapping every fucking word in my face the entire.
Speaker 1: I was insane at the Cold Show. I was insuffer because I feed off Deann's energy.
Speaker 2: It makes it feel a little bit better, Like sometimes I'll wrap back with her.
Speaker 1: I get mad if I'm in the car when somebody's rapping the whole song car that's too much. Now loud enough where you can show.
Speaker 3: If we have to show, and you'll keep you keep jumping in my ear, in my face, trying to get balls. It's like, Yo, shut the fuck. The artist is right here in front of us, like let them do that. You shut you shut up.
Speaker 1: That was me at Cole I was talking, but you.
Speaker 2: Wrapped along at a concert before. No, I'm not saying screaming is someone's face, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm not grabbing you trying to like get you like, but to that type of show, that's what you gotta.
Speaker 1: Do at this show. You gotta punch somebody in their face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you've got Yeah, you gotta punch somebody in their face for interest.
Speaker 1: It's like a jelloh yeah, this is this is That's just what this is.
Speaker 3: But it's it's it's dope to see it, man, it's definitely dope to see it. I know he did LA last night. I think I'm not sure what Elch is going, but yo, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta. I got a downlottle more NBA young boy music and learn learn the music more so I can before I can go to a live show.
Speaker 1: I can't just go out there not knowing. I gotta know the music. I have to know to me.
Speaker 4: Coming to Newark on September twenty ninth, All Mall's birthday. We're not your actual birthday, but your birthday weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nah, no, I can't. I would have considered the Garden or Barclays. Oh, Barclays seven, closer to the Prudential Center seven. Yeah, the Yo, the Jersey crowd, the Jersey young boy crowd. I'm good. That is gonna be the most terrifying year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the New York show compared to the Garden Show, which by the way, is twenty minutes away from each other.
Speaker 4: It's going to be two different world No, I'm cool, two different worlds. I'm going to the Morning in Brooklyn. I promise you, I'm not going to the one in Newark. You bug the fuck out. It was not like in Newark.
Speaker 1: I'm cool. If you're gonna experience it, maybe the Newark one is the one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I gotta walk the real film. But they're gonna shoot outside that ship. Yeah, Newark cool. I feel like I gotta wish, I usty if I go though, I got no. But then you're gonna beat like everybody else gotta stand up.
Speaker 1: No, no, you gotta, you gotta blench. I have to blend in.
Speaker 3: Where's when a super NBIA Young Boys Show, they will beat the ship out.
Speaker 1: Of the America.
Speaker 3: First of all, they're gonna think I'm a nark is police a suit at the NBA Young Boys Show though.
Speaker 1: No you can't. That's like we're going to the GZ Orchestra show. No. Absolutely, Oh that's fine. No, it's not. I promise you it was not. Nah.
Speaker 2: I feel like your NBA Young Boy Show should change the rules for arenas. I should be able to walk.
Speaker 1: In with no shirt this people isn't there with no shirts on? Well, they walked in with a shirt on, they took it off after. Oh, I'm saying I should be able to show up with no shirt at all. I mean, you know, as young.
Speaker 4: Boy ever like once a little high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that was his whole aesthetic. It's your shirtless no hear he wearing some shit on stage.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure at some point you might take a shirt off and really get into the you know, the night.
Speaker 1: But it's just dope to see it.
Speaker 3: Man, all all the clips I'm saying, is the energy is I haven't seen, bro.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. That type of energy is crazy for the entire arena to be. You know how hard it is to sell tickets period right now, let alone in arena. But you know that type of clip. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And then, like I said, his fan base is very they've been waiting for this ship. They've been way couldn't wait for this tour.
Speaker 2: And you know they're dedicated fans because then I'm not going to get into everyone makes mistakes, but I feel like every other month I'm seeing some wild ship the young boy is doing like those are He could do anything, the fact how he's moved on certain things, or how the Internet has painted him and you could still sell out arenas this way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they love your.
Speaker 4: Music, Philly, I'd rather die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Philly would be kind of nothing. He signed a motown, well, I mean it merged. They all merged.
Speaker 2: It's musical chairs mm, like he didn't he didn't sign to the same motown.
Speaker 1: No ship.
Speaker 3: Oh he was in Oakland. That wasn't even La, that was Oakland last Uh what dates is that? That's no, he's in Oakland tonight? Oh yeah, well tomorrow Okay, he was in La last night though.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, on.
Speaker 2: The low, I think the Phoenix show might be the scariest because I know the Mexicans love Young Boy.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, that might be. It would rivet between Nor and Phoenix of the scariest shows on the store. Scroll that. Oh, no, Lewis and Chicago. My wait, hold St. Louis for sure? Baltimore, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to no NBA Young Boys show in Baltimore.
Speaker 1: I'm cool, I'm cool. Oh No, that's Chicago. Whe's scary because he had beef for Chicago like he had beef for Dirky. Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, man, Hopefully you know, I mean, hopefully nothing happens. We don't want to get no news about anything negative or crazy happening, because seeing this type of energy is just dope to see people go out and support their artists. But we know the history of him and certain Chicago artists.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't know nobody from that side, from what side NBA Young Boys side?
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 2: I told you when I went to bat and Rouge a couple of months ago and she told me, oh, this young Boyshood, I said, could we just not be here.
Speaker 1: Then we was drivers like, yeah, where you're from.
Speaker 2: I was like, well let's then let's take a left and a left, get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 1: You scared?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you thought I was say no, nigga.
Speaker 2: Actually we walk around with the assault rifles just out like they ain't even illegal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, years and I could. I want to learn.
Speaker 4: I want to go now now the prime. I want to go now music.
Speaker 1: It's fake if I go now. I don't know. I don't know the music enough.
Speaker 4: But that's okay, do you actually people A lot of people tend to go to shows to learn new music.
Speaker 1: You don't got to go to the show and know every song. You got to know the music. Man. That's like going to the game and not knowing who playing. I don't know what you discover.
Speaker 4: You discover songs because a lot of songs you might put on like in your head phones, like turn this ship off right.
Speaker 1: But you go to the show and you see.
Speaker 4: Shorty with degree here doing all I just like, wait, hold on, what's this song? Let me That's why you're supposed to go check out new shows, local artists, all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: They're sitting at the Young Boys show in the mash pit, trying to hold your phone up for Shazam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna knock you out. Who's who?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: I would be figure out. I would be in the skybox and put me in a suite. Let me just chill up here, look down at you know, the real fans. I just want to hear the music and see the performance, like, let me. I can't beat in that. I need to touch the face.
Speaker 1: Nah, I can't be in that. What's the most dangerous show You've ever been to? The most dangerous show I've ever been to, even.
Speaker 2: If it turned out that way and you didn't anticipate it, the most dangerous show.
Speaker 4: I've never been to a dangerous show.
Speaker 3: I feel like it may have been somebody at Irvin Plaza.
Speaker 4: But not that oh the Nipsey also one Walter Crips in the building. But I felt safe. This was in New York, Irvin Plaza, Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like it was. I can't remember who it was, though I felt safe. Though. I feel like it was Irvin Plaza, Okay, might have been. I was in there.
Speaker 3: I remember having a feeling like, Yeah, the energy in hair is a little it's a little tense. But never in like never at the Garden to show with the guard When I.
Speaker 2: Go with that, well, I mean you did say you were in the hallway when R. Kelly walked down and violence ensued. You say, I was kind of dangerous.
Speaker 3: There was a gun there, say he didn't want nobody looking at him in his eyes and.
Speaker 1: Then somebody allegedly put pepper spray in his eyes. Yeah, but that wasn't dangerous. That was R and B Like, that wasn't like dangerous.
Speaker 2: I mean, speaking of Newark and Jersey in general, Hot ninety seven once did remember when they used to do those like Next Up or Whose Next?
Speaker 1: Shows, which I appreciate. They was trying to.
Speaker 2: Get like local talent, and they did one that was just specific to Jersey with a bunch of Jersey acts.
Speaker 1: I want to say Trench hosted it as well. That was the most.
Speaker 2: Violent show I think I've ever been that, Like, they rivaled what when Saigon Prodigy and all the Queensbridge fought at SOB's with that legendary footage. There was so much tension in that small, small fucking venue. Yeah, that was either the one time been a show where I'm like, I don't know if it is worth worth staying here, Like yeah, I'll be a bystander somehow in this entire show, I.
Speaker 3: Can't remember who was at Irvin Plaza, like who was It may have been Meeking somebody else. And I was like, yeah, this energy and it was just a little you know, you know that energy which was like the faces ain't friendly, nobody smiling.
Speaker 1: It's not a lot of women you know those shows. Of course, you know.
Speaker 3: It was just like all right, man, I'm about to well. Let me staying close to the exit because it might go down there.
Speaker 2: But I've told you guys the story of when I was DJing at the New Yereaken with my Mans and we got into it and I thought I was gonna die with the guys from Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So there was another time I was DJing from Man's that was opening up for I won't say his name. He was signed to the Lock, not the Locks, to d Block at the time, and we were opening up for him based off his manager's relationship with d Block. But my Man's was on some singing and rapping shit. It It wasn't that type of crowd. This is like when you really got to cut your teeth and earn your keep, Like what it's like to feel like you're dying on stage of just going records record somebody that was affiliated with that artist twice my size. In the middle of my man performing and we had like an intricate DJ set. I was trying to mix certain stuff, like we had a set, we've rehearsed, it's c all this entire thing for fucker over. Me hits the fader and puts it to the side and said, it's time fiata lee.
Speaker 1: In the middle of the performance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I had I had well, I was on vinyl, so I had two things playing, so it didn't affect.
Speaker 1: Like my man kept rapping, And it was the.
Speaker 2: First time in my life where I was like, I'm about to say something that I know I'm gonna die, but I have no other option.
Speaker 1: Got to be a man, I had no other option.
Speaker 2: I know this is not going to end well, I said, ain't no fucking way.
Speaker 1: We got three more fucking songs. Get away from me.
Speaker 2: Let's just say we were handled outside of the building, but my man finished the set.
Speaker 3: No handled out to finished the set, though finished the set. Handled, We get beat up outside, but we finished the set. Though that's all that matters.
Speaker 1: And my man, who I love, did what every opening act does because the Locks are supposed to be special guests. With this guy as well. It was like on the flyer. So when you're just drowning in a set and it's dead choir and saying like the yo, Yo, get the fuck off the stage. Yo, who's ready to see the Locks? Who crowded up and he said for the last song, he went, you're not cut it, Let's get out of here.
Speaker 2: We was in there because this was nine like when we were on the Blog era type of rap, and that crowd was not trying to hear none of that ship.
Speaker 1: He was really singing. He was like had an R and B part.
Speaker 2: It was a bunch of dudes and Champion hoodies waiting to see if styles to show up.
Speaker 1: It was. It was one of the crazy experiences. But no, we were physically handled at that old place.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it was it was in the city. Was it that Santos might have been in Santos? Hey, yeah, I'll think on it. It'll come to me. We are extremely excited to announce our new presentable sponsor, hard Rock Bets, and everybody.
Speaker 3: Knows and loves the hard Rock hotels and casinos, and now you can use the top rated hard Rock Bet sportsbook to place your bets all NFL season and beyond.
Speaker 1: Because the NFL season is back and we cannot wait.
Speaker 2: Football is back at hard Rock is the only legal sports book in the state of Florida and is also available in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, and Colorado, with more states launching very soon. More as New Yorkers. We know all of our family members just moved down to Florida, so this would be.
Speaker 1: Great for them. This is absolutely great. You can also play on hall Rock Bets online casino. If you are in New Jersey, well, you know, I'd be in Jersey. Live in Jersey.
Speaker 2: I'd be in Jersey as we gear up for the NFL season. Sign up for hard Rock Bet and make a five dollar bet and you'll get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets if you win. So please head over to hard Rock Bet, sign up and make your first deposit today.
Speaker 3: Payable on bonus bets, not a cash offer. Offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida and Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC in all of the states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling and Florida called one eight eight eight admit it.
Speaker 1: In Indiana.
Speaker 3: If you are someone you know has a gambling problem and wants helped, call one eight hundred and nine with it gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler. Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, and Virginia. I like baby d We about a week away, WE about a week for Pardi Body.
Speaker 1: How you feeling excited?
Speaker 4: You know if I didn't have this job, I would feel more excited for the album because I could then just enjoy it like a normal person.
Speaker 1: What you mean, why you can't enjoy it?
Speaker 4: No, I'm going to enjoy it. But I don't want to have to talk about it. I don't want to have to hear critique on it. I don't want to have to defend it. I don't want to have to not defend it. I don't want to have to critique it myself. I don't want to have to do that.
Speaker 3: I just want to be you don't have to critique, you just say how you feel about the music that you heard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I also I don't want to have to do that on a public platform. My job is my job. I love my job. I respect my job. But sometimes as a music listener or a fan of an artist, I wish I could just listen to the fucking music and I have to talk to people about it in public.
Speaker 3: I understand, but I mean, you can know, like you don't have to think about you know, your feelings and your your perspective on what you're listening to are yours.
Speaker 1: And you can you can see how you feel.
Speaker 3: I understand what you're saying, though, like you like people want to try to say I'm definit people don't think it's wag, and you know, you don't want to go against what the masses are saying, because then you look like you just you know, capping or kaping for Cardi. I get that, but it's okay to you know, express how you feel about what your experiencing and what you're listening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but sometimes I don't want you know, sometimes I don't want to express it, but I am looking forward to the album. I'm excited. Y'all know I love Cardi, and yeah, I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: I think she's confident about the music. Obviously, she would promote her album no matter what, and we know vinyl sales and all the pre order stuff counts way more to Billboard than it does with streams, so she's trying to push that as much as possible so the numbers can reflect because that matters to Cardi in that world. But I feel like she's come across as confident about this album, like that she really likes it, so.
Speaker 1: She feels like she's happy with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But before admittedly I felt like, all right, this is a little weird. I don't know if she feels confident about this entire thing. She's coming across like she's actually really excited for everyone here, this project, So I hope it's good me too.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to It's been, like I said, you know, since between the first one and now, we've waited this long, but hopefully they got it to a place where the music is strong and it's good, and you know, I'm looking forward to him what the team did for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, man, I'm nervous for her, and.
Speaker 3: That's what's nervous about what music not being good.
Speaker 1: I guess it's like empathy to to some degree.
Speaker 2: And that's why I think it's funny that the whole Barty gang thinks like I dislike Cardi, and even Cardi to some degree thinks that, like, I want this to work so well for her because this is a crossroads. No matter what, Cardi will always be a superstar. She she has her legacy, she like everything is there no matter what.
Speaker 1: But this is a bit.
Speaker 2: This is a big fucking crossroads. Like I want this to work. I want this to be a great story. I don't want it to be like, damn, this is this, ain't this ain't. Yeah, I'm nervous. I'm nervous for her. This is a bigger moment.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 2: Even I know they said don't compare all women rappers, but I'm not even doing it because she's a woman.
Speaker 1: I'm just comparing Nicki on her last project.
Speaker 2: I was so happy to see that it just did really well, because it's hard to do that all the time, no matter what Nicki's legacy is that it could have flopped and be like that's still NICKI don't get it twisted. I was happy to see that it did really well. I was happy to see that she did an arena tour. And it's so crazy, like, yeah, I don't want to see people that have been in the game this long to just for it to fail, because that's a crossroads.
Speaker 1: How old is Cardi? She's younger than me.
Speaker 2: This is like when I feel for running backs, like, yeah, they make it. What running of running backs.
Speaker 1: Career is? On average? How many years do you think? Maybe three four?
Speaker 2: You get in the league on average at twenty two years old. You could be a legend and only get to twenty eight years old. Now you're on Earth at twenty eight years old with no career and all you've ever done your whole life was this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like I feel that same way with with rappers and a listers in this regard, like if it flopped, like what.
Speaker 1: Do you do well? I mean, either way Cardi will be fine, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: But for sure, but it's it's definitely a big It's a big moment. This is probably the biggest, biggest moment for her.
Speaker 3: But it's but it's it's a huge moment because again coming off of the success of the first one and then everything she's done, everything she's done in between that, all of the things that she's accomplished between albums, So obviously this is this is why the moment is. It is so big, and people are you know, anticipating it because she's a superstar. But I think that, you know, she seems like she seems like she's she's happy, she's comfortable. She has some legal things she had to kind of deal with in between the rollout that kind of like, you know, seemed like it would affect a little bit, but she seems like she's past that, moved on and you know, I like everything she's doing as far as rolling it out, and you know, she was in Harlem with the vinyls on a on a blanket on the on the on the sidewalk selling you know, vinyls and things like that. So I think she she she looks like she's happy with the product.
Speaker 2: If the first and again, why nurse, if the first one flopped, it would have been Okay. I told y'ash she's a reality TV star like that, try to make music, Like, what did y'all think this was gonna be this one? But it wasn't that she proved everybody wrong. Absolutely, and now it's like, all right, you're established the staff. Now it's it's game time for real. So you know, I hope it's great. I'm on the same side as Demeris, like, I just want it to be good.
Speaker 1: I don't want to have to come in here and say bad things that's greatly.
Speaker 2: I want it to be good music. I feel the same way about ice Cube it. I mean, if this album that comes out tomorrow, like, what do we say about ice cubes legacy If this doesn't does nothing for ice Cube legacy, ice Cube IQ legend, Like what do you really think about death Certificate after nw A, all the movies this effects? No, I think this is This is the determining factor crossroads for ice Cube.
Speaker 1: My opinion. Absolutely, Cube is Cube and we know this needs business. Just man up. No, it means nothing.
Speaker 2: I would have loved and I know it's not. You know, I know Cube has his own business, great business man. I would have liked Qube to be part of this mass appeal year now that he's putting out, Like I think that would have been cool to have that full West Coast type thing with the legacy acts that they're doing, because I mean, I can't stop listening to Supreme Cliente two shit, what mass Peel is doing is great. I would have liked Cube to be because we don't have a Cuban NAS record.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 2: I just think the mass appeal touched on this By that, I mean NAS could have been really cool with Cube putting out music this year. That would have been like the big missing piece to me and everything that they're doing.
Speaker 3: I hate that people don't really understand who ice Cube business is, like an artist, a rapper, Like people don't really don't know like your bother people know ice Cube from movies and film and things like that, and you know, obviously the Big Three we's been able to do with that, but like people don't really know like ice Cube was, like he represented the West Coast, like he's one of the greatest from the West Coast, I mean hip hop period, but like what he did for California and that sound obviously n w A. But like as a solo artist, Cuba is like, you know, a legend in every sense of the word. Obviously now being an older guy and you know, still being able to have his feet under him as far as like an ear for music things like that. I don't think he'll ever lose that and be able to write. But people not going to respect. Like if people listen to this now and the project is looking like ice Cube is trash, Like if this is their first time hearing that, I.
Speaker 1: Have no connections to what his legs and they have no idea who ice Cube is.
Speaker 2: Like maybe maybe they heard today was a good day, but maybe they heard that, but they don't really know.
Speaker 1: They don't, they don't, they don't. I mean, I think everyone younger than me. The first record they probably heard from ice Cube was I Could do It, put your back into it, Like that's that's probably yeah, which is kind.
Speaker 2: Of like nuts, Like do you guys know this guy's history? America's shipped from the n w A, the death certificate like Lynch mob, Like yeah, but that who else do you think that happens with? I think that happens with LL. I think that happens with I'm not comparing Will Smith to LL and Cbe by any means, but I think when just people get to uh the Hollywood status that way, yeah, it kind of erasist.
Speaker 1: Like do you really know this? Yeah music, Yeah, like even the younger people. And I'm not here to make political ship.
Speaker 2: But when everyone was killing ice Cube when he sat with Tucker, I was like, a god, you guys know who ice Cube?
Speaker 1: Like the risks he's taken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just somebody that's really walked it like they talk it like like you can't if Cube is doing something, it's intentional.
Speaker 1: He knows what the fuck he's doing. You can't put that on Cube.
Speaker 3: They tried to cancel Cube for wanting to sit down with Trump, like people were active like ice Cube is canceled.
Speaker 1: I'm like, do you I know what you're trying to cancel?
Speaker 3: Like you're trying to cancel ice Cube, Like, y'all, y'all clearly don't know who ice Cube is.
Speaker 1: You have no idea the risks, y'all, they don't know ice Cy had. This isn't the way.
Speaker 2: Yea was just trying to have a moment by taking a photo in front of the elevator with Trump saying a word. This is somebody's vocal forever, like he's here to actually try to make some change on it.
Speaker 3: From from the time he came in the game, Like that's what he represented was like, you know, going against whatever was in place, whatever government policies, things like that, you know, being a voice for the people in the community that he from. That he represents the things that you know, we had to deal with. Like so you know, when people try to that, lets you know that they don't know ice Cube. They just got introduced to him a few years ago. They don't really know the things that ice Cube represents and what he's done and what he's continuing to do as far as you know, break down barriers and create opportunities for people that look like him and come from the places that he come from. Like this is something ice Cube is represented forever.
Speaker 4: So but that happens a lot with sorryy with like just cancel cold when it comes to people's insertion and politics like halving the people don't even understand the politics that they're trying to cancel people over. And this isn't me standing up for Trump in no way. I don't want those two things to get conflicted. But a lot of people are just canceling what their side of the news or says that they should cancel, Like there's no nuance in these conversations. There's no like, who is the right person to talk to this person about this issue. It's just everything is just so black and white or red and blue, and people don't know what the fuck they're talking about. It's like there's this deaf to knowledge, death to nuance, Like not even just in politics and music and everything, like no one takes the time to do research before they just throw an opinion out or throw a fake cancelation out there.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely yeah, because I mean, I think I'm just going to trust that the man that wrote the entire record Fuck the Police in nineteen eighty eight has good intentions in anything he's doing. Somebody in nineteen ninety that named their album America's Most Wanted with three k's Like, I'm just gonna go ahead, and then he knows what he's doing, Like I think it's intentional. Here are pretty pure in what is going on. But cbe.
Speaker 2: I mean to y'all, I'm a little young for I think Cube is great, but your generation. I've noticed with people your age, anytime we do the debates of like top five's to top ten, your whole generation always has Cube.
Speaker 1: Within seven I've noticed oh yeah, like.
Speaker 2: Y'all from eighty to eighty four, y'all Revere Cube and like a whole different lift.
Speaker 1: I fuck with c but I was a little young. I had to go back to all that. I wasn't there for it.
Speaker 2: So of course I respect and love CBE, but I wouldn't put him in my personal top ten. Like I was just banging Cube all the time, y'all generation he's God like.
Speaker 3: I mean, the reason why even if you go look at his films and things like that, we go look at the Friday series. The reason why Friday was such a big film is because CBE was such a big.
Speaker 1: Yeah deal, like he was a big.
Speaker 3: Name Boys in the Hood before, Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like even Boys in the Hood, like those were monumental films because I mean, obviously the storyline and things like that were great as well, but ice Q being the figure, being the face of those moments in those films, that's why those things happened, because it was like, oh, that's ice Cube, Like he was all of the guys that y'all think are like big and superstars now, like ice Cube was that.
Speaker 1: Times ten in the nineties.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't shit the eighties even like he was that and to see what he's continuing to do now in film and in business and things like that, you know, I think it's just incredible and speaks to you know, the guy that had the mind back then at such a young age of creating his own way and his own opportunity and doing it his way.
Speaker 1: So salute the Cube man. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And even to close, I'm I'm here to say the way we talk about Jamie Fox and how talented he is and how like how many hands he has in so many things creatively, I don't think it's crazy to say that Cube is not close to that status as well of every box that he's checked when it comes to creativity, because he was not only acting in those he was writing those movies, producing those movies.
Speaker 1: He could be funny, he could be a serious actor rap career.
Speaker 2: We already know what's over there. Like Cube is up there as one of the most talented people that I've ever seen in my life. Absolutely, Yeah, I think Cube needs to get brought in that that Jamie conversation sometimes.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean he's not like he didn't.
Speaker 2: Also, Jamie is not the musician that that Cube has been so you cannot compare Ice Cube's catalog from NWA to his catalog.
Speaker 4: You said he's not the musician, and I'm just like the guy that plays the instruments and can also sing and can also write music. We're not gonna dumb down Jamie Fox's artistry or a musicians doing that. I'm not saying that he's not the musician that he is. When I hear a musician, I hear musicianship like I don't rapping. A musicians and shit are two different things. I just wanted to clarify that fair.
Speaker 2: But let's not act even when like Cube was working with Bomb Squad, when he was working with Dre and Yelly, you can see the difference when Cube works with producers as well.
Speaker 1: Cube is definitely very much involved in Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: And you know, not to take anything away from mc ren because I think mc ren is very much underrated. Every every iconic easy verse pre before the split, that's Cube, the dra shit, that's Cube.
Speaker 1: Cube's own solo verses don't even need to get into.
Speaker 2: Cube is one of the greatest writers that's ever existed in rap.
Speaker 1: No, you just said a musician and then demophic writing.
Speaker 2: And musicianship very very dissimilar to so I understand what Demarus is saying with push back there, But if we're talking music, Cube surpasses Jamie Fox is not close. Acting of course, Jamie Fox surpasses Cube, and it's not close, but they're both in the realm of both of those higher than any of their peers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, the Ice Cube having well did you have a TV? Was he in the TV show? Do you have a sitcom? I feel like maybe a season or something I feel like I've seen.
Speaker 4: Or maybe we just feel like he should have been in one, and you know what, Sorry there yet turned into a sitcom okay, and it ran for three seasons on TBS.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know, I know, I remember seeing Cube on like TV other than film, like I just can't remember what it was.
Speaker 2: And listen, I actually kind of take back the acting that Jamie's far better.
Speaker 1: Of course, Jamie.
Speaker 2: Fox is better than ice Cube at that, like ice Cube's never done a ray. But go through Cube's filmography like it's a like a little closer than people would would say between comedy and serious stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean Boys in the Hood to begin with barbershop.
Speaker 2: I know it turned into by the third one, it got into like the two b shit. But let's not act like Barbershop one was not a classic extremely well.
Speaker 1: Acted movie shit Barbershops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, barbar Stark two is great even on I don't know, like from CB four to Friday to Next Friday, all those like to be that good at comedy and then also that good at serious acting.
Speaker 1: Let's not say that he's that far off.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have the blockbusters that Jamie does, but that's a good fucking actor.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely no, he's definitely.
Speaker 4: Nobody's saying he's not goodly just he also tends to kind of, I don't want to say, play the same role but similar like because ice Cube has that angry ass face. Most of the things he plays in he there casting him as an angry person because of the way that his face is. That's just yeah, Like, no matter what the role is or serious serious, Even in his comedics and Friday, he was funny, but he wasn't the comedy Well, even with.
Speaker 2: All about the Benjamin's, he would play the more serious guy Mike Epps the way he would with Chris Christopher hilarious moments.
Speaker 4: And hilarious naturally, but the character that he's playing tends to be a type cast, angry, more serious character. That just is what it is, Like, it doesn't say anything about his acting ability. It's just he hasn't really had the range to stretch that out. I don't watch ice Cube and forget that I'm watching ice Cube, but I can watch Jamie Fox and forget that I'm.
Speaker 1: Watching for sure. I mean, yeah, no, I hear you there.
Speaker 2: But even I think it's a statue that Friday Players Club, Next Friday all about the Benjamin's Friday after Next Jankie Promoters. He wrote all of those two fire like that's that's a different talent and Barbershop. I felt like they brought him more of the softer role in that, like he wasn't. He wasn't Cube and all those other ones.
Speaker 1: He wasn't.
Speaker 2: But he didn't play Ricky like he played the calmer guy, like like.
Speaker 1: I stop the ship. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm glad we got want to give ice Cube his flowers rant.
Speaker 4: He deserves them. Ice Cube.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I believe that album's is called Man Up, which is out now. If you're listening to this, I'm definitely gonna.
Speaker 1: Listen to it. Do we have voicemails? Got mail?
Speaker 2: And of course they are sponsored by Boost. That's how everyone even called in.
Speaker 5: From Austin, Texas. Revon for Rory. How you feel about your boy Colin McGregor running for president? Bland the one you think he's qualified? And two if Trump could get elected over here? Do you think he could elected?
Speaker 1: Let me know Greg's running for president in Ireland? Really? Oh shit? Uh I can't quite answer this of his qualifications because all he's been saying is I'm running for president.
Speaker 2: He hasn't given us a stance. I don't know his policy between Northern Ireland. I haven't like now to your point of anyone get elected. Trump was a real estate guy, then to a reality TV star, became a celebrity, then became that. I'm not saying anyone can get elected.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 2: Ronald Reagan was an actor, the terminator, became a fucking governor. Anything as possible, right. I just I don't know where what Connor's stances are. Maybe he's really into political science.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the only thing I've seen is I'm running for president and uh Aziliah Banks, here's my dick it's like the only two things that I've seen for this rollout.
Speaker 3: I'm not familiar with, you know, politics over in Hireland. But I don't know if Connor has a shot.
Speaker 4: Legally he qualifies, but I mean legally most people qualify.
Speaker 2: Legally, I qualify in America.
Speaker 1: I'm just does that mean I should run? Yeah? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, I if we're being serious, of course not. But the Irish politics, I mean, they do need not to be corny. They do need people that are going to push back and fight, Like even if you get down to the well, he can fight the Israel and Palestine conflict. You know, Ireland has always been the only Western country that has always stood with Palestine.
Speaker 1: It's a country that has to push.
Speaker 2: Back on a lot because all of our allies being other white countries, we don't align with the same agreements obviously, which goes to our history which we still can't even get that sliver of northern Ireland back from from you fucking Brits. Yeah, I mean you need somebody strong. I'm just I just don't know if McGregor, like just running.
Speaker 1: In there is the answer.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's the guy he's pushing a lot. He's facing a lot of pushback because Jim McGregor has greatcases and allegations, so one that he lost a civil case.
Speaker 1: So does our current president.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I'm just saying this is why.
Speaker 3: He at this point, like I think you need one that was kind of like nobody cares.
Speaker 1: They don't trust the leader unless he has those cases. Yeah, Like is he a real person?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, no, No, I mean I think why McGregor, outside of being a talented fighter, why he made it even further because he's a very talented marketer.
Speaker 1: I think that's the same reason.
Speaker 2: Mayweather was like, I'll even do this UFC boxing ship with you, Like all right, fine, I let you FC guy box me because you are a promoter, you know how to do this ship. That's all this, that's all he's doing. Okay, I don't think he's seriously running. But I said the same thing about Trump. So they'll they'll pull this clip back in five years and at his inauguration. So I don't know, anything is possible. Yeah, literally, anything's possible.
Speaker 3: Now that's that's that call was for you. I have nothing to say, And I didn't even know he was running.
Speaker 2: Uh, but what is the Saint Thomas? Do you think Tim Duncan can run?
Speaker 1: Uh, he's from Saint Croix.
Speaker 2: Why do I always think he's from Saint Thomas Because you just hear Saint and just thinking, no, that's not true.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's it. You're dyslexic, so you don't you think everything is just? Well? Then I called Thomas Saint little Saint, little Saint to rest in peace, Saint.
Speaker 3: I just talked about Cubese, all the ties together fair well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Tim Dunky could make a run. Sure, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: He's probably the biggest export out of Saint Croix ever, so I mean definitely, I don't know if he will, though he doesn't.
Speaker 1: I don't think he has the person.
Speaker 3: That's not personality, but he's very mild mannered, soft spoken.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's what they need out there. But I don't think Tim duncan, Now that's that's nice thing.
Speaker 4: What state do y'all think would allow y'all to be like mayor governor like Arnold Schwartzen nigger who I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to make sure that everyone knows that Damara said that, And I didn't think Arnold Schwarzger.
Speaker 1: Right, Arnold Schwartzenegger.
Speaker 4: Yes, I always thought it was nigger, like like the I didn't know that he was a a. I thought it was a a, so I thought it was nigger. Fuck it anyway, Arnold Arnie disterminator. Do y'all think y'all could be mayor or governor in any state? In any state? Like how he was?
Speaker 2: No, No, really, I don't even think I could be the head of the block club in my neighborhood, like the block club.
Speaker 1: With the neighborhood Watch. You could be you could be president neighborhood Watch block clubs. Would you walk like the president?
Speaker 2: Try to like have one person that would go to the Oliver like all that ship they represent your your street to go talk to people. They weren't really elected club.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was more like that, not neighborhood Watch. It would just be people on your street that there would be one person that'd be like, all right, you are the one that goes to the meetings to talk about our.
Speaker 1: Specific the Latin kings in myhood that was y Yes.
Speaker 3: I had to go over there and talk to them. I mean the bloods, the crypts.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you talk about like that's and they went to the community meetings to talk about the potholes in the street.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Okay, No, they're just the pot streets, not the plot holes.
Speaker 1: It was different, not the potholes. No, I don't even think I could do that.
Speaker 2: I have been getting since I've been a homeowner, though I do go to way more community meetings, and that's just strictly because I think I'm a homeowner and like, now you kind of have to, Yeah, I need to know what it really like affects the property value of this entire thing. Like I'm sick of the shite, Like we need to cut all these phone wires.
Speaker 1: This is insane.
Speaker 2: The Verizon guy, it took three hours just for him to sift through the thousands of wires that aren't.
Speaker 1: Even connected, Like what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I mean, yeah, I could be part of that, but I don't think I have the time for it, like to be ahead of that NAHN too much.
Speaker 4: What if that's paying well, they usually don't though, right.
Speaker 1: They're not politics.
Speaker 3: Politicians don't get paid well unless they have shit going on outside of actual I.
Speaker 4: Mean, they all get paid, but it's not technically from.
Speaker 1: The politicians do not get paid.
Speaker 2: Well, but anybody that enters Congress, senate, president, you see, for some really weird reason, their net worth quadruple once they get that position.
Speaker 1: But they only get paid twenty grand.
Speaker 2: President gets paid what like four and a which is a lot of money. Don't get me twisted, But to be the leader of the richest nation, four and a grand is not a lot because you know you're getting your money otherwise.
Speaker 1: And then you can buy an eight million dollar house in Multer's venue. Who's counting?
Speaker 2: Can can we look up? Can we look up what Nancy Pelosi is paid per year? And then can we look at Nancy Pelosi's networth? Let's can we compare those two?
Speaker 1: Now that's now, now that's a topic. Yeah, to get into it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Nance, I'm not just using you because it's everybody, but yours.
Speaker 4: Is like it's like pay pay my bitch made bray.
Speaker 1: Let's see what AI says here.
Speaker 2: One hundred and seventy four per year, which is great money, great, great money.
Speaker 1: Can we now type in what her net worth is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well maybe she was gifted a house by her fan.
Speaker 1: Gifted. I love when they say gifted. She is worthing seven million investments, investments in real estate.
Speaker 2: Why is it when anytime lawmakers enter in there, all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Their network just fucking goes, it goes. I just I don't get it.
Speaker 3: I know who does get it, and he's making changes, he's ringing the bell.
Speaker 2: Well, they're one president that wanted to make a statements like I only want to take a penny per year, and we was like.
Speaker 1: No, but we know how much you make it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, just take the four one thousand dollars salary. Don't solve my intelligence this much. So I don't think anyone would have us tomerist.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I agree, but I was just wondering if you guys know we can make change.
Speaker 2: It's easy to make change. You just talk about it and don't do nothing exactly. You just yell really loud.
Speaker 3: Show up at show up at events in the city, and put on a little hat that represents the union.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you were going to a different place. Maybe that's a cute to end us. You said, be blessed. I'm that nigga. He's just Jewish. Geez.