Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 3: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 4: Thirsday, you are looking kind of live somewhere back There is whoa Ford Center there. It is a little bit of life Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas. You're looking at Tostitos Plaza outside of that Ford Center where there is kind of a big deal going on tonight, big big, big deal. The ACM Awards are in town and at the Ford Center tonight. We'll talk about that a little bit later. And the screen's doing all kind of crazy things. It's lightning, it's starting to rain. It's going from like pitch black to brightness. It is raining thunderstorms. According to the weather app it's seventy three degrees. And I don't know the highs and lows. They change the weather app, so I don't know what's going on. So anyway, it feels good. There we go the high's going to be seventy nine, the low is going to be sixty seven.
Speaker 5: And he's Shannon, he's Nate. We got Chris tweaking and twisting back there, bag. I am Zaddy Kurt filling in for our man Jesse, who is educating today's youth. Together. We are their sports talk equivalent of Braill people fee when we speak.
Speaker 4: Hey, there we go man. Lots to talk about. The schedule is out, Dak Prescott's prices going through the roof. True, we're using players in the wrong ways and that's why they can't get on the field. All kind of good stuff, man, Howard. First off, Nate, you, how how do you feel? How's your physical well being? How your needs doing?
Speaker 6: Man? I am super great man, and I like that players being used the wrong way. I brother, thank god somebody man enough in this media coaching staff to say that, thank you.
Speaker 4: We will get into that. It's just a little bit, hey, question about your about your physical well being? Now that your knees are better, do different parts of you feel better like your back and you're.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah, everything feel better, man, Yes, yes, the drive its own baby, ye.
Speaker 4: So everything kind of straightened everything out.
Speaker 7: Of sir, just everything is going in the right direction.
Speaker 8: Surge.
Speaker 5: You were out on the field last week with the rookies.
Speaker 6: Nah, I didn't show them nothing, man, But I was watching them. Man, Greg Ellis is out there and I did not. Yes, I did not know where you were out there. Just no, no, no, no, I will. I will just if I if I'm fortunate enough to go to his training camp. Man, I'm gonna be out there with coach Mike Cilari because he gonna need me with these two young new guys.
Speaker 4: Now, wait a minute, hang on, this is starting to make sense. Now, Nate gets double knees. He's out there with the rookies. He's talking about coach Salari needing some help. Is there a a Is there a kind of a mentor.
Speaker 5: In the room.
Speaker 6: No, I ain't no mentor, bro. I'm just gonna be saying, yeah, do it, brother.
Speaker 7: Double stuff, double tap.
Speaker 5: They need you to get in your face, get on.
Speaker 4: I know, no, lay some hands.
Speaker 7: On something in today's society. I've said it once.
Speaker 6: I said twice that the Charles Hayley theory does not work, you know, even talking to coach them. If y'all don't mind me, yeah, I talked to coach them this past. Uh, he's hardcore, but he understands that. Uh, in this new generation, you know, you have to you have to be willing to explain. You know that you can be forceful, but you got to be willing to explain to these kids why they need you know why. When we was growing up, hey, man, go get go, go go get that whatever, go do this. I run through that dummy. I'll run through that wall. And you just did it. Now you'll be like, Okay, the reason we need you to pick up this dummy is you know, you got to go and.
Speaker 4: This is the end result, and this is why you need to do it. Do it this way instead of this because I told you too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, do it twice them days open.
Speaker 6: So but he you know, and I was talking to me like, Nate, I'm the same guy. I need for people to be responsible to do their jobs. You know, people gonna be put in place to do their jobs. And see that is I love coach Quinn, you know, and I always backed him and all but and we all and I hate the jump, but Mazi, we drafted you at three hundred and twenty pounds three hundred and fifteen pounds, for you to go out and get down to two eighty and and try to be something that you're not, you know, put yourself at a disadvantage. You know. Uh now maybe health wise, maybe it was the best thing for you, but that ain't why they drafted you for the health. While we drafted you to stop things, to stop up holes and to eat up blocks. And uh. And that's that's who you are. Brother.
Speaker 7: And when I went out to that little camp, uh.
Speaker 6: I saw well built u defensive lineman, just the Rogers kid from Auburn, big, big, not He's not sloppy, not a bunch of rolls, fat rolls hanging off of him.
Speaker 7: He looks good.
Speaker 6: Uh. They had another kid, another big kid, Denzel uh Dixon Daxon.
Speaker 7: He looked I mean it just they looked at like d tackles.
Speaker 6: Thick, you know, a robust, not overweight, not all I've been out of shape just and uh, but they're not first and second and third round picks. He's a seventh, seventh and free agency. And uh, you don't expect a great deal from them, but there they mas has to come on.
Speaker 5: So why did they change why did they try to change them? Just fitting a round peg into a square holder.
Speaker 7: They did not.
Speaker 6: When I talked to coach Quinn when they drafted him, I said, coach, what is what is yours?
Speaker 7: What did you see this kid?
Speaker 4: Ask?
Speaker 6: He's he's a first and second down guy. They I want to play him. He looked me right in my eyes and say I want to play him on first and second down. We need for him to stop to run.
Speaker 5: And then that didn't happen.
Speaker 7: I guess now.
Speaker 6: You know he told everybody how he like bending up grown men. In the first second preseason game, we see he getting bent up. For the first eight games he was getting backed up.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't have lost that weight on his own?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: He probably did.
Speaker 6: Uh, he's You would think you would think that they keep tabs on that stuff.
Speaker 4: They have a hydration.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he got a way.
Speaker 4: You would think that they would be like, I, big fella, like you lost three pounds. We need you to we need you to be in this range. You wouldn't think that they would just let him go that far down and not say unless he couldn't help it.
Speaker 6: You know, no, they weren't working work really.
Speaker 7: I just believe this right here.
Speaker 6: When you are drafted for a purpose, coaches would tell you, hey, man, this is what we expect from you, this is what we need from you. Now your goals have to line up with that. You know. Uh, Uh, I want to be a great pass rusher. After you stopped the run, you can be anything you want. And uh, everybody that they drafted defensive line wise is that type of Durrell Johnson. Uh, even the second round pick Marshan Kneeling, he is that type of guy. He's a heavy handed guy that can force the run. And then you can be you can become a maybe not a great pass rusher, but you can become better than average. And a lot of guys that have come up under coach Zim Tutelish have become those type guys. You look back at Minnesota, you know a few of those guys were pass rush guys, but they all had a you know, the bigger the game, the bigger the moment, stop that run.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So is there going to be another learning curve now for Masie that he has to go through this.
Speaker 6: No, he shouldn't have to. Man, I mean you a big two gap guy. Uh, your strength should be back. Uh nah, grab this guy, this guy, and yeah, the thing is when you when you're a rookie, unless you are that guy. You know, it's a few guys that come into the league that got that that above the neck and that physical ability. Everybody don't come with that. Some of them come with great physical ability, but they have to learn that game, have to learn how to be a professional. Then some guys come with that that that that that makeup like this is what I need to do, this is how I need to do. They ordered, they got everything in order, you know, and now they maybe they have physical ability, have to catch up with that with that.
Speaker 7: Order, you know.
Speaker 4: But one of the knocks on him was he wasn't quick off the ball.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 4: If you're if you're a gap eater and you stop the do you necessarily have to be quick off the ball?
Speaker 6: Sir? You still do because you're reading heads. If this guy is trying to read, okay, I'm over the center. That's make it simple. I'm over the center. If he if he comes to my right, I'm thinking, okay, he's trying to get over there to block me so they can get over to you right. You know, he's trying to get right here. If he can get right here, get his head right here in his hand right here. That's half the battle. Now, I ain't got one of them to deal with. But if you step right there and I stuck with you and jam you, and I got both hands, you know, so that that first step is just as important a pass rush, especially when you got a center that can get your head faking you think it's going this way and he get a whole They do that, bro, I didn't know. Yeah, I used to spelling the most fast linebackers and I take that head nod.
Speaker 7: They don't run over there.
Speaker 4: I got come on through.
Speaker 7: I used to have a word I used to say.
Speaker 6: It used to be flapper flabberf flabber el. You can figure with the US, I just flabber f.
Speaker 5: You well, I mean we already. Mazi was struggling with this quick start last year and I was gonna have more weight to woke around. Is that gonna be an issue?
Speaker 7: But this kid did it in college.
Speaker 6: I mean granted, pro players are a little bit quicker, a little bit smarter, but still you you you read Head, you see Head movie, you take head, you know you bow bow. You know it's all about want to. That's all it is. Defense is about want to.
Speaker 4: Man, been so many innuendos in this first twelve minutes that I have chosen not to stop any and say Paul's or quality of it out. But if you listen, go back and just listen to this first twelve minutes of the show. And yeah, okay, the other thing before we go to break, since we're talking about Zim, he's gonna be be coaching from the sidelines. Quinn was up in the booth as a player, does does that matter?
Speaker 7: Do you like it?
Speaker 4: Do you like your coordinator to be?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: My position coach, which is all most all offensive linemen coaches are on the sideline. I think the more players you have control over, the more you need to be on the sideline, if you're over the linebackers, especially if you're over the defensive line or the offensive line. When we come off the field, we're almost in unison of what we see. Now, we may have a tweet here and treat that our coach you said he would be right here, but he's an outside, he's a far outside three. You know how we're gonna handle this that we gonna block down and I come around or do I still try to reach it? You know, and so the coach got a big picture. Okay, it's still over. Okay, but we got a backside guy that's leaking on the backside, that's kind of hanging on the backside. We'll just keep everything the same and now we'll bring to it down and we'll hit them with this play right here to make them line back up how we need them to line up. And that's what coach is doing. You know, he said, Okay, were running the even defense, and that's both guards covered, both tackles covered. But we got a guy that's kind of heavy onto the inside. When they kind of fake to the back, when they kind of strength to the other side, they get this guy on the backside kind of leak it. Because you want to pull a DeMarcus Ruins and hit that gap. What do we do with that? You know what I'm saying. Do we block out on this guy and run awaund blocking and push the whole out further, or do we just let our backside tackle just cut it.
Speaker 4: And it's easier to do that from the sideline.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you can't. You don't want five guys running over Hey, coach and you're trying to call a play and they trying to tell you what's going on up in there. Now. You'll see every now and then Parsons will come to the sideline and grab the headset and that's him basically.
Speaker 7: Run this coach, run this free.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: But if you're on that sideline, you say, hey, man, get away and sit down and let me find out what this defense. Now they looking at the pictures, are they looking at the tablets? That's even quicker now, and they say, Okay, you need to get here, Nate, you need to get here, to marrows lawns. You need to get here, and he can line them up and he can have his board, he can he can work magic from that sideline.
Speaker 5: Or communication.
Speaker 6: Yeah, communication easier because now you act you you're always asking guys to get to the sideline quick. When your coach, your your head coach, well Devens, a coordinator is sitting there on the sideline, he's gonna be.
Speaker 7: Get get over and get your water. He'll be on it, you know, get your water, get here.
Speaker 6: Get sit down so we can get this thing done and get you lined up.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take our first break when we come back, Let's talk about the price of doing business. With quarterbacks these days schedule came out. We're the first show to be on since the schedule, So let's get into that when we come back, and then maybe if we have time for some other stuff running back by committee things.
Speaker 7: Even our preseason ain't gonna be easy.
Speaker 4: We got the trace low sit in the preseason. When we come back on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties.
Speaker 4: Let Yo Kiero be your.
Speaker 2: One stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 10: Star Sports Tours is the only efficient fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team Hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and ods with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: See Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, So, whether you're a die hard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, See Geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek Afterday Seed Geek. You're a ticket They're great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 11: How's wing stop sound, christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut seasoned fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature windstop range and of course spicy cajun Fried Corse.
Speaker 7: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 4: Get your flavor delivered it.
Speaker 6: We stop dot Com hanging with the boys.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the second segment of The People Show. We need to we need to make this the People Show again. We don't have people on. Get people back. But it's hard to do when we're on once a week. It's just not enough to know.
Speaker 6: Derek Derrek Eagleton is our managing guy. He manages all of us and he puts these shows in place. Chris Beam is getting more power by the day.
Speaker 12: But but but uh, a few people will call in and just tell them on their show that we need to have more calls, that we need an extra day.
Speaker 4: It can show for ja the people. Well, then we're kind of stepping on Nick's toes, because that's.
Speaker 6: Kind of show when Nick's a whole different Nix is Nick is history, past, future and present.
Speaker 7: Nick is a whole different show now.
Speaker 4: By the way, the second segment brought to you each and every day by a blockchain dot Com. Thank you Blockchain dot By the way, our entire show we missed this in the beginning. It's brought to you by wing Stop. Yes, I had Wingstop two nights ago, and it had been it had been way too long, and it was just as delicious as I remember. They have a deal right now which blows me away. The price of fast food. Now it blows me away. Used to be able to get a combo meal for like seven eight bucks. Now you can't go through drive through for less than eleven twelve dollars.
Speaker 7: Right real.
Speaker 4: You can get eight boneless or bone in wings, fries and a large drink for less than twelve bucks, and it's delicious.
Speaker 7: So I do that tonight.
Speaker 6: It's bone out because bones are always in wings. So now it's bones out, not bone not boneless. Yeah out, bone out.
Speaker 4: The chickens getting offended now that you're out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, bone out?
Speaker 4: Oh man, Yeah, so we're sponsored bout wingstop.
Speaker 2: Just ya.
Speaker 4: Gets it? Wings? Okay, what were you talking about? You were talking about something? I cut you off.
Speaker 7: You're talking about No, you were what was it talking about?
Speaker 8: Her?
Speaker 9: Her?
Speaker 5: His chicken talk?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's talking about the People show. Oh yeah, the people. Well that's what we don't want to make.
Speaker 6: Derek would not get mad because all he does is makes it make him look good to the bosses.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't get mad. If I had extra ten bucks a week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, me a bit.
Speaker 4: Chris, won't you get on that?
Speaker 13: Hey, you just let me know up. No, He's like, no, it's all good. We have any time about today. Don't do it on Fridays. It's all good.
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 13: Hey, if you guys want to do it Friday, I'll do it on Friday for y'all.
Speaker 4: I'm good.
Speaker 13: So you think there's a lot of people that work from home on Fridays.
Speaker 6: Chris got in the chair and there, Chris, let me ask you this, Yes, sir, sir, So do you think Dak gonna walk in and said, Jerry, I need to start this negotiation at two hundred million dollars?
Speaker 5: No, No is getting too crow.
Speaker 6: No, I think I'm just saying start at two hundred million dollars.
Speaker 4: I think his agent probably agent probably walks on the text and Steven and Todd and said, oh, you know, Miley face.
Speaker 7: You know Chris got the inside school.
Speaker 6: You know, Chris had the Netflix inside schoop, he had the Jimmy inside. So you know, Chris is on the inside of everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's let's talk about this like my job though, too.
Speaker 7: Want to schedule?
Speaker 4: First schedule first, there's a lot to get to and then we'll get to that.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, I love where.
Speaker 4: Your head's at. Yeah, see, don't do it.
Speaker 7: We're not doing I love you. So there's a joke.
Speaker 4: Great article on dallascowboys dot com by Patrick Walker. I love the way that he did this. He said notable schedule quirks just right off the jump. He did a couple of quick two paragraphs and then broke it down by kind of the little nuances of the schedule. And then I'll read these out to you and then you guys tell me what jumped out to you. First off, this isn't on Patrick's this is preseason, so nobody really cares. But you got the lows and lost preseason Los Angeles Rams, Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Chargers away, away and home in the preseason. So go stay on the West Coast, go to training camp, catch a couple of games, come back here real, take the month off. There you go, bam bam bam. So notable schedule quirks according to Patrick Walker, nine home games, six primetime games back to back primetime in weeks four and five. No three home games stand, no three game road trip coast to coast travel week eight and nine, that's kind of a big deal. Many bye week after Thanksgiving, and in six of the final nine games or home games. So those were his his main points. Is there anything Kurt that jumped out at you.
Speaker 5: I think that that back half of the schedule is a big help for the Cowboys, Like he said, six of the final nine, actually four of the final six are also at home. Yeah, And so of course, the the other shoe dropping is that they have a lot of road games in the beginning.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 4: And if you look at that back half, that's probably the easiest stretch of your schedules. So if you can get it going, then you could be rolling going into the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But can they State's already covering up over Yeah?
Speaker 5: Can you? Can they survive the you know your your young rookie lineman.
Speaker 4: I guess why are y'all it going?
Speaker 7: This land mine?
Speaker 5: I know the middle of the lineup week five through about you know.
Speaker 6: From uh A week one it's like one, two, three, four, five.
Speaker 7: The landmine, Lord, it's seven. If we have a team by the time we get to that.
Speaker 4: And these are some we will be lucky. And you're talking about physical teams. Cleveland is gonna beat you up. New Orleans is gonna beat you up. Baltimore surely gonna Beatrick. Henry is gonna run.
Speaker 6: He's like I can see him running over before the game and hugging mister Jones.
Speaker 7: And Stevens said, man, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Shure y'all in the past, you should have I bought a house there. I didn't even call. Then you got the Giants, which same time and a Thursday, let me say that, Pittsburgh. And then you got another maybe the most physical team in the league right now, Detroit. As good as you get a buyer the season.
Speaker 6: Then you go to San Francisco, Jami, get your get your guys ready. What we need to do is not play none of our guys against the Los Angeles charges, none of them. Just have everybody get you know, putting them in the crowd chamber massages. This the regular season is only for the rookies. I mean, the season is only for the rookies. You wouldn't even play any Oh my god, because when Bruh Miles Garrett, have y'all seen this guy?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, have y'all have you seen how how physically one He looks like he's built like Aaron Tyrone, but about.
Speaker 7: Seven inches in Tyrone Smith is the same guy.
Speaker 4: Well, have you seen Miles Garrett on the basketball court?
Speaker 6: No, No, I know he's I know he's elite. I know he's tyrann is a The way they look at You're right, they look the same physical specimens.
Speaker 4: But the way he moves is unique. Oak.
Speaker 7: Yeah, y'all want to know what a So what you is that?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 5: I put, I guess, are you glad to get those tough games out of the way early? Would you rather have it switch or.
Speaker 4: Would you rather ramp up? Yeah, especially with two probably rookie offensive linemen right centers probably going to be at some point starting and then you're and the guidance is going to be starting to just throw them in the fires count so that.
Speaker 6: We got six six games, six games right, one, two, three, four or five six, seven games?
Speaker 7: We have to be four and three. That's how physical this is.
Speaker 6: And we don't know how good Atlanta's going to be with Kirk Cousins because this guy streaky.
Speaker 7: He could catch you on fire, you know, at the right time.
Speaker 6: But I'm telling you how to seven games we have to be four and three.
Speaker 5: I mean, it doesn't get real easy after that, because in your home against the Eagles and Texans were both playoff teams last year. And then at Washington, we don't know what they're going to be.
Speaker 6: Like, Okay, Houston is coming to us, right, yeah, okay, you're good. Philadelphia's coming to us. That's good. The Washington Commanders, you don't know how good. We just got to play it by ear and they got the young kid from l s U. I'm hoping he don't catch on fire by then.
Speaker 5: The New York Giants, it's home Thanksgiving should be good there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, we got to be four and three. We have to be four and three. You cannot pass up San Francisco and going and go to Atlanta and not be.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what games go ahead, go ahead?
Speaker 5: Well of those first seven, which four are you winning?
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying. Somewhere. You gotta beat New Orleans, New orlenge to beat the Giants. You gotta beat the Steelers even though you're going there, because Detroit ain't giving it up no more. Detroit is not. I'm telling you, when Detroit come here, they ain't finna take these chances. They took last year. If they coach do that, I don't be like, thank you coaching. You ain't got smart over the year.
Speaker 4: You got to steal one somewhere.
Speaker 6: You got to and I don't know where you can steal it at because the Fordy Niners is in our head.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe at Cleveland you might be able to steal that one first.
Speaker 5: At least have the Ravens at home.
Speaker 4: I would I would, I would say if you go steal one, that's the one you steal. I don't Ravens are gonna be tough. I think you can beat New Orleans, you can beat the Giants. I think you can beat the Steelers. I don't Detroit's gonna be really tough. And San Fran I unless they just have something that we don't know that they have this year right right. San Fran owns you right now, So that's tough. You know what the most interesting game is? To me? I'm glad y'all asked that question.
Speaker 5: Tell us.
Speaker 4: I think that Houston games from a big picture perspective. I know it's not conference, I know it doesn't really mean anything, but Houston has always been the Cowboys little brother, except when they beat them. What was the first time they ever played or whatever, But Dallas has everybody has thought of the Cowboys as the brand in Texas. Right. You got a young Houston team that's got some superstars on it, that's up and coming, that everybody's excited about. Houston's actually talking trash for once outside of baseball. I think that's a big game from a from a pride perspective, from a Cowboy fan perspective, from a national perspective, because if they if Houston wins that game, you I think, for the first time, maybe ever, you start hearing Cowboys not only are they not America's team, they're not even Texas's team anymore. And I think that that starts a narrative that you've never had to deal with around here. And I think it's a real possibility they can win that game, as to where before it was just like even if the Texans win, it's just it's not that big of a deal because the Cowboys are Texas's team, right for sure. I think if they win that game, you know, we're you could say, we're kind of you know, we're not moving forward, We're kind of stagnant right now. Now you get in the season, things may change and you know, but you missed on.
Speaker 6: The come up brother, You missing the main reason. You did not name the main reason why they can beat us.
Speaker 7: Why they got a quarterback.
Speaker 6: Dude, he's something else. But this dude is the reason they'll win that game. If they win that game, it's gonna be And that's that's another point.
Speaker 4: They have a quarterback that's locked in for several years, and we have one that we have no idea if he's the future here or not, or you know, if he can get you through that big game. So that that's another There's so many storylines in that game that I mean, it doesn't mean a lot because it's out of the division, out of the conference and everything, but I just to me, that's really really really interesting.
Speaker 5: I just that'd be fun.
Speaker 4: That'll be a fun seven games, so interesting. The Browns have the toughest strength of schedule in the league at point five four to seven percent winning percentage, which that's kind of unfair the Browns, I guess because they're in that division, they got to play all those teams twice. That's probably why they're the toughest. Cowboys are tied for twelfth with the Rams, Jets and forty nine.
Speaker 5: I thought they'd be higher up.
Speaker 4: I thought they had a tougher the Cowboys. Yeah, I did too.
Speaker 6: They just ain't given out. They ain't given a conferences, they ain't given a division.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you hear that they're twelve, so they're you know, almost middle of the pack. But then you look at it on paper and you're like, how, like what's everybody they play? But it comes down to what you said. They're not giving a lot of they're not giving a lot of collideration. Eagles, the Commanders and the Giants. Yes, it's all out of conference, which we'll see.
Speaker 6: And they looked at us and so we did nothing doing free agency.
Speaker 5: Yep, when they played the NFC South, which is was it kind of a down year for them last year. So you're assuming they're same.
Speaker 4: Any other gotcha's or anything else that surprised your stands out either one of you guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's that? The first game?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I was surprised that we had so many home games in the back half, like kind of mentioned, so.
Speaker 6: You know they go out to heel up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is general. They look at him.
Speaker 6: Man, y'all got us on this first half y'all better makes you We get a chance to heal up in the second half and the and the.
Speaker 4: Bye week is a little early. Does that hurt you well?
Speaker 6: After that, land mind they need.
Speaker 5: So yeah, a game on the twenty ninth at Philly, that's that could be could be a huge one.
Speaker 4: Yep, Chris, anything anything jump out at you, anything you like or don't like about it.
Speaker 13: From my standpoint, it's only a personal thing. There's really only one cold weather game if you really look at it, at Philly at Philly in December. I mean, Carolina could get little cold, maybe rainy.
Speaker 4: Maybe at Washington November late November. Probably not about that.
Speaker 13: So we don't have a Thursday night game after Thanksgiving, which we have had in the past, Like I think it's like four the last like three of the last four years we've had that Thursday night game after Thanksgiving. It's a Monday night game, so we actually get an extra day actually, so you Yeah, two Monday nights is another thing. That's first time in a while.
Speaker 5: So I like the.
Speaker 13: Back half of the season because usually that's when you're a little beat up and you've got what six of six of nine at home.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So that's nice.
Speaker 4: And your back half is starts with let's say Philly at home, Houston at home, at Washington, New York at home, since he at home, since he's gonna be tough. If Burrows stays healthy at Carolina, Tampa at home, at Philly, and then Washington at home, none of those, none of those scare me, you know, since he'll be.
Speaker 7: The first seven games, we're gonna find out what ski you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you talk about it could be bad.
Speaker 4: It could be bad bad this year in the beginning.
Speaker 5: We talked in the past, like Christmas saying, you know, we'd have that Thursday game after Thanksgiving, so we'd be playing like twelve games and or twelve three games and like twelve I don't know what anyway, but you look on the other on the front end of Thanksgiving, I mean, they're at Monday night at Houston and it's a quick turnaround a Sunday at Washington, and then you got to come back home that Thursday. So it's that little run there is. It's we say, yeah, they're missing the back end Thursday after Thanksgiving, but the two games before Thanksgiving aren't any picnic either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just got it, like Nate said, you you have to survive. You have to be within one or one and a half or two games of the division into the bye week. You can't you know, you can't be. No, you can't be three games out going into the bye week. You just got to hang in.
Speaker 6: It's going to be too hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just gotta you gotta hang in and cross your fingers and hopefully because I mean at Cleveland, New Orleans. You got them at home, Baltimore, the Giants, Pittsburgh, Detroit. That's tough, man, that's tough. Pittsburgh on the road, that's that's not that's not.
Speaker 5: Want to know the Eagles first seven games.
Speaker 4: Yes, I would love to know the Eagles first seven.
Speaker 5: Home against the Packers. They opened up, and they're home against the Falcons.
Speaker 13: The Packers game, I wouldn't say, a home game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. So they got that thing. And then home against Atlanta at the Saints, at the Buccaneers bye week, and home against Cleveland at the Giants.
Speaker 4: So they're, oh, they got it pretty Yeah.
Speaker 5: The start of their schedule is a little easier. So yeah, gotta keep pace, Gotta.
Speaker 4: Keep pace, all right, Let's keep pace and take our last break. When we come back, we'll talk about the price of doing business and running back by committee. We come back, hang out with the boys.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 5: The press scout who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 11: He escaped left.
Speaker 4: He'll run for a pers down.
Speaker 7: Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: How's wing Stop Sound Krispy Juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfect and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with hand cut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature wind Stop Ranch, and of course, spicy Cajun fried course.
Speaker 7: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 11: Get your flavored delivered at Winstop dot com.
Speaker 9: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here be week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the Sea Geek after they seed Geek you're a ticket They're great. Dallas Cowboys seats James right here.
Speaker 14: You're a twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice.
Speaker 4: Up the game.
Speaker 14: That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the year, and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 3: Enter today, back to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the final segment of the show, brought to you each and every day by Jigsaw, the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Where's that membership at? Chris? Still working?
Speaker 5: He came in, chat it up?
Speaker 4: He was talking about I did talk to Nikky about it. We're trying to get you a membership.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 4: You've been saying it for three weeks. It's okay. I don't have time for that anyway. Please, are you sure? No, I mean try to get it. I doubt I go out on any dates, but you mean try to get it. I like free, anything free. I'll try out. So yeah, and then I'll plug it on the show. Let you guys know what I think about it. All right, let's talk about you wanted to talk about Dak. Let's talk about your boy Zeke first. McCarthy said they'll use running back by committee. No players really expected to get two hundred touches this year. Zeke's probably going to be around the ten to fifteen touch range, which I think that's a good idea. I am interested to see how they distribute the rest of the touches because I don't know if you have a My worry this year running back is you don't have a home run hitter. You don't have anybody that, once they get to that second level, scares you to break a thirty forty yarder.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: I think your longest run from scrimmage might be fifteen to twenty yards and that's only going to happen a couple of times this year.
Speaker 5: That's like we talked about last year. It's like, does anybody scare? Another defense? Is the defense opponents?
Speaker 4: Will you ever see scared? Will you ever see eight in the box? Right?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: I don't know, So I think that sounds good. Ten to fifteen touches for Zeke? What you think, Nate, that's your guy.
Speaker 6: I tried to tell my brother Jesse, what three weeks ago coach has been in this in this area before backs by committee? And uh, he started in Green Bay. He's one of the few guys back twenty years ago I was doing this. So Zeke is okay with that. He know he's a little bit older. He's gonna be some games where he may touch it a little bit more a little bit less, but Coach'll figured it out. And if we need to go get a home run, guy, I think we can go get one.
Speaker 5: But man, who's out there though?
Speaker 6: You never know, bro, And then another thing, it's gonna it's gonna take some time for our offensive line to jail, so especially with this meat grind of a schedule. So we'll see, you know. I just believe that h give the Cowboys a chance. I think Coachal Cards can figure it out. I really do, as long as be havef CD lamb, I'm okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: For this year, for this year, let's talk about let's talk about contracts. So CD's up what this year? Next year?
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, he can do his fifth year. They're trying to extend him and he's set out, you know, the voluntary workouts. He'll probably set out the voluntary OTAs. So they're trying to work out an extension.
Speaker 4: And then Micah, they picked up the fifty year option on him.
Speaker 5: Right yeah, if he'll he'll be going through this next year unless he pulls his He can try to push it this year, but I don't think he can.
Speaker 4: And then you got Dak that's up now this year and the price. It seems like it doesn't seem like the longer you wait, every year the positions go up, they never they never stop and never go back right. So by not signing these guys early, which they used to do that quite a bit, and it seems like that's kind of stopped the last few years. You're letting them all get to the end of their deals. And I get it if you want to see how they're playing or how they're doing, but it it just seems like they should try to lock these guys like. It feels like and we it always feels like everybody's doing it better than we're doing it, right because it's your team, But it feels like you look at the Eagles, you look at other other teams, it feels like they're always locking these guys up in their third year or they're you know, getting them in a long term deal early so they get them at a better price. So Jared Goff signed for what was what was his deal.
Speaker 5: Four years, two hundred and twelve million, with like one hundred and seventy million guaranteed.
Speaker 4: And guaranteed money's big man, like.
Speaker 5: Fifty three million a year.
Speaker 4: So I would put I would put Dak in I would put Dak above Jared Goff as far as talent, regular season talent, right winning games, decision make playoffs, you know that. I think that's probably the only the only knock on Dak and the only reason why he hasn't been signed to a long term deal is because the playoff success hasn't been there. Right, That's the only reason why this is even an issue or why he's even at the bargaining table right now, because if you would have won a few playoff games, you would have locked him up two years ago. Right, So, regardless of what you think about Dak, regardless if you want him here or not, by Jared Goff signing that deal, Dak's price just went up again and it's going to continue to go up as new guys get signed. So what are we doing, Like, are we gonna let you know, are we gonna let this guy walk, or we were gonna lock him up, or we let him play out this year? Because I'm afraid if you let him play out this year, like, I don't know if you can get him back because somebody's gonna the way they're spending money this year, which is none somebody's gonna pay him big money, no matter what you think about him. Look at Kirk Cousins, and I would say Dak is better than Kirk Cousins, right, or you know, as Nate says, they're the same, the same guy, their brothers, right. But like, he's going to get paid a lot of money if he hits, if he even sniffs free agency, And if i'm him, I'm like, I'm good with that. I'm good. Best case scenario, I stay here and I'm comfortable here. I have a house here, I have a family here. I'm good. Worst case scenario, I get paid, I go play seven eight more years and then I can always come back. So what's y'all's opinion on what's going on with the quarterback man?
Speaker 5: That's for sure. I mean, you look at even if he signs else for next year, I think he's got like a forty million dollar cap hit here. I mean, it's still handcuffing you. So I don't I think they're in a position where they have to get a deal done, and they've said Stephen says that it's a priority. They want to get it done. I think Dak wants to stay, So I don't know, it's just the agents, you know, they all I think the same agents. You know, same guys. I'll work together or whatever. You know. So, I don't know, I don't know what the hold up is. I'm sure we should get it done, get it out of the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it takes I mean it takes two to make a contract.
Speaker 11: True.
Speaker 4: I mean it's they They may be way over here and going, no, our guy needs this much. And you know, the cowboys are a little more realistic about the market.
Speaker 5: And you got to think he's asking for at least sixty a year.
Speaker 4: Wow, just what four years ago he could.
Speaker 5: Have had him with twenty five? Yeah, they said, no.
Speaker 4: Wow, what do you think that you're being really quiet?
Speaker 5: Is it time to go with the young quarterbacks and build around him instead of hoping your quarterback and carry him.
Speaker 6: I don't you know, I said a couple of weeks ago, man, uh Dak Dak is who he is, and I think the better talent he has around him, the better he is.
Speaker 7: And that's just the bottom line. You know, I'm not gonna move off that.
Speaker 6: So if you have Cede Lamb, this offensive line can jail and give him a good running game. So they can have us sixty forty either fifty five forty five run past ratio or pass run ratio. I think it leaves Dak up a lot. And then you just make your decision from that point.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: But if you if you're saying, Okay, Dak is our guy, he can told us through Hello, how Water, you got to rethink that hell of how Water is the play is the playoffs, and then he hasn't gotten us through that. So you have to really sit down and have that conversation with your ownership, you know, far as the coach miss you know, Will McLay and mister Jones and Stephen Jones. You have to have that conversation, is this true of this guy? Is he is he our future? Or do we are we satisfied with ten eleven, twelve, maybe twelve wins in the regular season and then just it's a toss up during the playoffs.
Speaker 7: You know, you got to make that decision.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's interests. I think that's where they're at.
Speaker 5: It's like, yeah, you know, what do we do?
Speaker 4: The scary part is if he's not here? What then?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Who's I mean? Study you win season?
Speaker 7: You might be looking at the rebuilding, right you rebuilding.
Speaker 4: You got a draft, right, yeah, you you.
Speaker 7: You you rebuilding. You've been fortunate.
Speaker 6: You've been fortunate to have Tony Romo now Dak h.
Speaker 4: You know, the unknown is scarier. Yeah, because even if you draft, that's you know, fifty to fifty and that's if you can move up high in the first round, you know, and lower you get, the less those odds are, like, you know, here we go again. We were all, you know, a lot of us were fans winning.
Speaker 5: I saw something that was like in Jerry Jones is thirty was it three years or whatever of ownership thirty more and whatever it is. He's only had like five seasons with bad quarterbacks in early two thousands when you went from Akman and you had Romo and Dak and there's a little yeah, four or five years stretch in between. See and Chad Hutchinson's We've been real fortunate.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yes, people forget really quick. Yeah, people forget really quick. What that's like, I mean, at least now you have hope. You have a chance every game, you have a chance. There were some years where you had no chance and it was just like okay, at least this year. You don't really get pissed off to the playoffs, right uswo you're pissed off after week three? Yeah, you're like, ah, here we go again, you know. And I don't think they want to go down that road. So we'll see. It's going to be interesting, so it should be a fun season. Schedules out go check it out Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 6: Feel like I'm in a butcher shop. Man, Wow, you got this sludge Hamma just beating his state.
Speaker 7: Man beating it.
Speaker 4: I thought you say something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I ain't beating on that, bro.
Speaker 4: Kurt Good said, Jesse, get back in here, man, We miss it. Jesse, it'll be back, said to be back next week. Nate, glad you're doing good moving around good. Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air. Jazz, thanks for keeping Chris company. What's my man's name? Josh, thanks for keeping us up on all the social channels and podcast networks. We will be back next week. A CMS tonight check them out live from the Star. Sure, anybody going.
Speaker 6: No, no, what's the ACMs Academy of Country Music?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I ain't a country like guys, so I'm sorry. Y'all have to enjoy yourself. It's great it's whatever Missus Jones connect with. It is great.
Speaker 4: I may watch it on TV. Yeah, but that would be about it. So we we'll be back next Thursday. Anything going on this week between now and then next week, football football on the football field. Let's go. We'll be back next week. We'll see you then.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.