Speaker 1: Hey, hi, Scott.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's been It feels like it's been forever.
Speaker 1: It has, you know, last week we recorded, and what do you know, another week comes and we're here.
Speaker 2: Welcome to episode eight of Serial Killers with a C. I'm Scottie Bee and I'm Andrew, and today is going to be a wonderful day. It's actually going to be a magical day. Oh can you guess why?
Speaker 1: Culle? The theme song always have.
Speaker 3: To be Lucky Charms, but the surprise is beef hearts, yellow moons, cotton stars, green clovers, come blue diamonds.
Speaker 2: Although since that little jingle from the early eighties, they're no longer frosted lucky charms.
Speaker 1: I want frosted lucky.
Speaker 2: They are frosted, but they just don't say that anymore. Shut up, you can't say frosted. You can't say sugar you can't say any of that crap. No, never sugar Bear. He's not sugar Bear anymore. Honey bear, really, dude, Yes, be still my heart, I've never heard of sugar Bear. Actually could be in my my Avengers because sugar Bear could kick ass.
Speaker 1: I want to see does someone turn into sugar Bear?
Speaker 2: No, it's a dude from from Super Super Crisp, Golden Crisp, Honey cris What the hell? Yeah, Well we'll get to that down the road. Anyway, So today is Lucky Charms Day. And did you know that in nineteen sixty four, Wow, there was an executive at General Mills who mixed cheerios with Circus peanuts. What Yeah, and he's like, oh my god, Lucky Charms was born. Shut up, Yeah, did you know that with circus peanuts? Yeah? You know those marshmallowy gross things that you get like Brocks makes them in the packages. Yep. Yeah, that was the very early beginning.
Speaker 1: I was picturing literal nuts of materials. I'm like, how did they go from nuts to the marshallow?
Speaker 2: Do you not know what circus peanuts are? I think you know those orange things in the packages. They're kind of marshmallowy but also gross.
Speaker 1: Now I'm thinking they taste great and milks and no wonder why that guy came up with this idea.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, so listen, we have some surprises, because there's all kinds of Lucky Charms at this point, but we're going to start with the original.
Speaker 1: Lucky Charms is one of my absolute most favorite cereals of all time.
Speaker 2: Now with magical unicorn marshmallows. O great, Now could we do a brief I want to give you a brief history of marshmallows over the years. Love it. It started off with pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, green clovers. Okay, then they added blue diamonds. You legit did your research. I did, and I remember as a kid when purple horseshoes came out and I was like, what, Yeah, that was my childhood when purple horseshoes came out. And then I did. I compiled a list from online of everything. There's been red balloons, green trees, rainbows, blue moons, leprechaun hats, orange shooting stars, crystal balls, hourglasses, pots of gold unicorns, and tons of limited edition marshmallows that come and go like with you know, wintertime and seasons.
Speaker 1: Yep, I remember, I remember the hourglass coming in yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then they also have the one for Saint Patrick's Day, which is weird because Lucky Charms is always Saint Patrick, right, But that's in a green box. But so and then they had those remember when you could win the boxes of all marshmallows they have a contest. Everyone smile. There's actually one going on right now.
Speaker 1: Can we win?
Speaker 2: We can because we don't work for General Mills. So it's a Unicorn and Rainbow Marshmallow only box. You can enter through September seventeenth, twenty nineteen at Marshmallow only dot com.
Speaker 1: I need that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to enter. Please ten thousand to us?
Speaker 1: Does I give you all the free promotion in the world.
Speaker 2: Yes? Please? I think they only make like ten thousand boxes.
Speaker 1: Well we should be one of the ten thousand.
Speaker 2: Yes, So let's let's rock out some regular, good old fashioned Lucky Charms.
Speaker 1: Here's a question. Yes, does Lucky have or well, does the mascot have a name?
Speaker 2: Yes? His name is Lucky. Okay, so I just said. However, he also was referred to years ago as Sir Charms. Shut up, no joke.
Speaker 1: I will only refer to Lucky Charms as Sir Charms.
Speaker 2: We call him Sir Charms.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's the best name I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think many people like please.
Speaker 1: Hand me over, Sir Charms. Lucky Charms.
Speaker 2: He's just Lucky the Leprechaun. Now, all right, so today it's fair Life one percent milk.
Speaker 1: Oh Scott, what this is like a nest quick bottle full of fair Life.
Speaker 2: Listen, we went budget this time. I just didn't. I didn't have time to stop.
Speaker 1: I need some help. I know the podcast is not making money, but what.
Speaker 2: Maybe fair Life will sponsor us, please, because we would never rip on milk because milk is milk. Milk is milk, So we love milk either with that that A two, that new one that just came out that will lactose one.
Speaker 1: Are we trying to get a milk sponsorship? Now? Please?
Speaker 2: All right? I see lots of rainbows in this cup, so I'm all we got a magical unicorn.
Speaker 1: Did you let me tell you something? They are making the marshmallows look more like the shapes now, yeah, it's amazing. It's you just get like a mountain. It would be like, oh, it's red. That must be the ballue.
Speaker 2: Like they did a great job with the rainbow. It's actually rainbow shaped.
Speaker 1: I swear on my life that they used to have one. The milk would dissolve the outside. It was like a different shape inside. I might I might be crazy. I think I remember.
Speaker 2: This was so less talk and more eaten.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's five bowl.
Speaker 2: I was just going to say that, I'm not even kidding. Lucky Charms I think is my favorite cereal. It really is.
Speaker 1: They said Rice Krispy Treats. I love Rice Krispy Treats.
Speaker 2: Five balls right off the bat. I don't care.
Speaker 1: We don't even need to. This is amazing, but we have more to try.
Speaker 2: By the way, I gotta give a shout out to Jessica. We met her at the Kree Bay Hilton in Puerto Rico. She's all about this dumb podcast and wanted us to do Lucky Charms. So Jessica, here's your Lucky Chump.
Speaker 1: I love it. Here's something controversial. Uh huh. My dad, who is a listener, said, is oatmeal a cereal?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Not in the sense of he wants us to review oatmeal.
Speaker 2: That's a whole other podcast.
Speaker 1: I think we have to give my dad a break and we will review.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, if your dad dresses up as the Quaker guy, then yes, I happen to have a box of I want your dad to look like that with the hat and the wig and see what I can do.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I love oatmeal, me too, But but for for the sake of this podcast, oatmeal is not cereal.
Speaker 1: I think we need to put up a pole and see what our fans say, because yes we have fans.
Speaker 2: No oatmeal is breakfast food. It is not serious.
Speaker 1: I'm going to put a pole up on Serial Killers PC on Twitter and we'll see what people say.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean, some people may call it hot cereal, but it's just it's not. I can also put lucky charms in the microwave and that's hot. Yeah, So let's go to the next but today's actually we actually have three.
Speaker 1: Today, Scott, I'm trying to give me a heart attack right now.
Speaker 2: But they're all lucky charm based. Okay, so the next one I'm gonna pull out. And because I've been getting a lot of requests for this fruity lucky charms. Okay, Now, I don't know right off the bat, just looking at them is no marshmallow shapes and colors may vary.
Speaker 1: I don't like that it's like this. Well I'm not a fan. Yeah, I'm not a fan.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna assume that this tastes like fruit loops with marshmallows. Right, Let's see oh you know what. Look at the color. It looks like Frankenberry.
Speaker 1: I don't eat Frankenberry.
Speaker 2: Well that's what it looks like. It looks a hike Chefletty. Oh yeah, hello, are you we read? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: What do you think of lucky charms?
Speaker 4: Over looking charms is so good? I guess so lucky mole. You know, I do all the women and the lucky charms. You know, there's so much fun.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for stopping by, all right, take care now.
Speaker 1: And that's something I don't know what the hell just happened anyway, So it looks like it looks like Frankenberry to me.
Speaker 2: Frankenberry is that red?
Speaker 1: I don't like this. I just don't like it.
Speaker 2: Oh well, this is your career now, so you have no choice. I gotta tell you. It looks weird.
Speaker 1: Oh god, the smell is disgusted right off the bat.
Speaker 2: It looks it looks very, very strange.
Speaker 1: Who thought this was a good idea?
Speaker 2: That you know that the general mill You son sitting in the boardroom, Yes, bring your son to work day, Hey Bill.
Speaker 1: Whenever there's a bad idea of a cereal, we just picture it's the boss's son or daughter who somehow got an internship that is somehow now promoted to some VP of presidency or something or other. And he's sitting there like, you know what, lucky charms needs fruit type and everyone's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh god, no, Chad.
Speaker 1: It's like, no, it's happening. My dad will fire you.
Speaker 2: You might have to hold your nose. I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is disgusting.
Speaker 2: You know what the consistence food. I don't like the consistency. I don't I don't know what's going on. You're ready? What? Two? Three? Hold on? Not bad? It's loops with marshmallows. It's fruit loops that are not loops and marshmallows. It's very strong. Yeah, it's really fruity. It's not real fruit, but it's really fruity.
Speaker 1: I'm giving this three bowls. It's not bad. The smell is a lot like if you can get through the smell when once you open the bag, and if you don't pass out from it.
Speaker 2: Very pungent.
Speaker 1: Yes, like, this is probably the smelliest cereal of all time.
Speaker 2: We've had smellier that freak of banana frostral. Yeah again, another Chad invention. Huh, Well, you know what for us?
Speaker 1: It flakes needs banana flavor. Listen, Chad, If you're listening right now, you deserve a raise.
Speaker 2: No, well, these are these are all right. I wouldn't buy them again, but they're they're they're okay. I give it three balls as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. It's fruit loops. But it's fruit loops with marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and they do make that, by the way, shut up, Yeah, they do have froot loops with marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Why when we did fruit loops last week did you not bring in them fruit loops with marshmallows.
Speaker 2: They weren't on sale.
Speaker 1: I hate you.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Hey, look, cereal companies need to send us cereals and I'll happily review them. I agree. I mean, I'm not buying cereal unless I can get it for fifty cents a box. And fruity Lucky Charms was fifty cents a box. I love it. Here we go, all right, and now I do have one more. This is a bonus this week. Now, I am aware that they do make chocolate lucky charms, that it is still a thing currently.
Speaker 1: I did not know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've I had it a while ago. It's not really that new, but I wasn't able to find it, so what I did get was Lucky Charms frosted flakes.
Speaker 1: I am so looking forwards, Beau.
Speaker 2: So these have been out for a little bit. It's relatively new. I don't think they've been out for more than a year.
Speaker 1: I feel, like I said in a past podcast, I want frosted flakes with marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: We made fun of me for it.
Speaker 2: Well you're lucky. Here we go. But I do have to.
Speaker 1: I have to like what he's doing the Scott shakes.
Speaker 2: I have to do the shape because the marshmallows settle, you know, in shipment, So I can't now they're all on top.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, what is the back of the box? How would you describe the magically delicious taste?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Is it a quiz?
Speaker 2: I think it wants us to do a podcast? All right here? Oh, I need more cups? Where's that Kendrick when you need her? All right? Here we go?
Speaker 1: Oh lord, that was a great reference to a twenty thirteen movie. All the Kids Will Love Us?
Speaker 2: All right now, these these flakes are not quite like Kellogg's frosted flakes. That's for sure.
Speaker 1: How do they get Okay, how do they like? Well, I guess frosted flakes. They can't like trademark a flake.
Speaker 2: Well, the actual name frosted Flakes is not owned by any particular company, nor is Raisin Bran. Shut up, but right, Crispies is so other companies have to say puffed rice. You know it's real weird. Yeah, so there can be any brand can have frosted Flakes or raisin Bran or film me up with milk, Oh milk, our fair life.
Speaker 1: This is like a full board game. This is a lot. Like you're asking for a lot on the back of your lucky Charms frosted Flakes box.
Speaker 2: Well, you do need time. The diabetes is setting here. So you know what. Too many diabetes jokes. I do it every podcast, I think, And let's cut that out. Sorry. If you have diabetes and you can't enjoy the cereal, we'll let you know how it is.
Speaker 1: They can still eat the cereal.
Speaker 2: They just have to take shots, right, Okay, Garrett eats his crap all the time. He just shoots himself up with won't have You're ready?
Speaker 1: One? Two?
Speaker 2: Three? Well, I got a lot of marshmallows. When that bube that may have youwed the result. Hello, I the marshmallow to flake ratio.
Speaker 1: I wanted this, but now I don't.
Speaker 2: Look. My problem is I could eat marshmallows, these marshmallows all day, so I don't care what they're mixed with. I want to eat the marshmallow. That's what my daughter does, Cooper. She goes to the box of Lucky Charms and picks out every marshmallow and just leaves the freaking cereal for everyone else.
Speaker 1: The problem is is that the like the flake part right, Wow, that milk turned blue real fast. Oh god, the flake part is like cardboard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not so. I'm not so into it. I need what someone took them. They're right there, they're right there, sheffle I thank you. Okay. Anyway, I have to say this has gone right off the road.
Speaker 1: I would say that frosted Lucky Charms you get two bowls. This is not good. It's an overpowering marshmallow taste where I will just eat a marshmallow then. And the cardboard brand flakes do not add anything Like why am I having marshmallows that are soft with a crunchy flake.
Speaker 2: No, they're not brand flakes, but I get it. Sweetened corn flake cereal with marshmallows. I don't like it, love it, I like it. I do like it. I'm going to go two bowls and a spoon on this one. There is a slight burning in the back of my throat right now, not sure what it's from, but I'm gonna drink the milk you.
Speaker 1: Lucky Tom's frosted flakes with with.
Speaker 2: Throat burnings tensation with sepacol, not sepa call, but I get it. I'm going to oh, shut up, I'm going to eat all the marshmallows. So that same bowls and a spoon for me on that one, two bowls for me, three balls on the fruity and a full five balls on classic Lucky Charms.
Speaker 1: Just stick with the classic. Although Chad, you did well with fruity Lucky Charms, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so I think this was a fantastic episode. I think so too, Stall Lucky Charms. So we'll mix it up like that every once in a while, we'll do all of one cereal or whatever. I mean. Because there was a classic at a Nubie here. Lucky Charms is a classic. It is from nineteen sixty four and did you know, Yeah, the marshmallows began because back in the sixties, charm bracelets were huge. No way, Yeah, so General Mills was like, oh my god, let's capitalize on the charm bracelets. We'll make marshmallows out of them and stick them in cereal.
Speaker 1: I just still can't believe somebody was like, Hey, that box of cheerios. Hey those circus peanuts, I'm going to mix them.
Speaker 2: Have ever seen Reese's peanut butter cuffs? You got your peanut butter and my chocolate. You got your chocolate and peanut butter, dude. And that's how they don't you remember those stupid commercials from the eighties. Oh my god, you are so young and I am so old. All right, we need to get the hell out of here because we're way over our normal time.
Speaker 1: Hold on, Yes, I'm just gonna say it. We have Fred Flintstone as our iron man. Oh, here we go of our serial adventures. Seriously lucky or sorry, sirch Arms America.
Speaker 2: I refuse and I think you do.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Votes on rainbows? Dude?
Speaker 1: That is a superpower if I've ever heard one. All Right, he's going to come into the battle and be like, count Chocolate, you're done rainbows. Of course, you know.
Speaker 2: They're teammates, they're from the same company. If they're in the same company, they're teammates.
Speaker 1: Well, we really need to get serious about this because I'm thinking Fred Flintstone iron Man.
Speaker 2: He's a Post guy. So this is the Post team. We need a Post team, a General Mills team, and a Kellogg's two. So we're going DC Justice League. We're yes. In the coming episodes, we will assemble our teams. Love it. So until next time, where we may be doing. Some guy wanted us to do honey buns. The host is Cereal Post Makes that I believe. I'm not sure if I'm into it, but you know, we could try it in the mill way for Cereal Post Makes that also, and this is a banana one. I don't like artificial banana stuff, but you know what, for the sake of the podcast, we may have to do it.
Speaker 1: I feel like we need to start doing like the fan favorite one. Okay, like we'll do one that we throw in and it'll be like a classic and a fan guess what.
Speaker 2: Next week we'll do a classic, a new one, and a fan favorite.
Speaker 1: That'll we're up in our countree. We're going to gain so much weight from this podcast already there.
Speaker 2: Oh lord. So until next time, serial lovers, this has been serial Killers with a C. Follow us on Twitter, serial Killers PC on Twitter, and I'm at ze Scotti B and he's at Andrew pugg Thank you for listening, and until next time, crunch guy, that's so stupid, he where's our theme song?
Speaker 1: Oh,