Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: Ah, just walking into my fucking just to the mic over here, kick the fucking clothing rack and blew my fucking toes off.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know, that's like the worst. I don't, I don't know, you know, the fucked up parties.
Speaker 3: You know, when you you fucking hit your toes walking and ship, like you catch it on the corner of a table whatever, and like there's that space between where you hit it and you're like, I fucked it, and then it those like nerds, like your neurons actually have to start firing in your brain to feel the pain.
Speaker 1: Is that in.
Speaker 3: Between that's like the most I don't know if it's exhilarating or fucking anxiety and doc you're like.
Speaker 4: I feel alive?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Is that space between this? I have to do that every time before?
Speaker 1: You know? Is that what Dave Matthews was talking about.
Speaker 4: I think he was, Yeah, hitting your toes between when you stub your toe, dude, I get like it rationally angry, like I will yell at someone.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: I never take stupider than I do. After I just just destroy my pinky toe on a table.
Speaker 3: I get laughed at when I when I have my big reactions like yeah, I mean because I do, like.
Speaker 1: What the fuck is usually what I say, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, god, fuck my foot, And then it just turns into laughter at my house.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, oh daddy hurt his foot. Ha.
Speaker 4: Not for me, not for me. I'm not laughing. I'm mad at them.
Speaker 3: If I was with you, I would Did you remember that scene in I don't know if you watch The American Office where like Roy got his jet ski stolen, but then he's like him and his brother at a bar and they get mad, but his brother, just to have his back, also just gets mad and starts like breaking stuff irrationally, just to have my brother. He's like, I hate this place, and the brothers like yeah.
Speaker 4: Throw things off the shelf.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, it's a bad feeling. Hello the Internet, and welcome to this Monday Morning week Trends edition of.
Speaker 1: Damn. You know.
Speaker 4: My name is Jack. There is Miles and he is insduction mode.
Speaker 1: Yes I am so I had to. I had to make eyes at the at the trash guy.
Speaker 4: Today is Monday trash night for you.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's it's very weird. Uh, It's it's usually Monday. No, it's usually Tuesday. But I heard the truck, but they were picking up I think something else randomly outside and I had that like response or like.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean window? Yeah, dude, I feel.
Speaker 3: Like there's for whatever reason that the way my like hearing the reverse beeping of a trash truck can break me out of my sleep is fucking insane.
Speaker 4: It was like rise up like a vampire popping out of a coffin when I hear that ship.
Speaker 1: No going back to sleep.
Speaker 4: It's wild how the trash day, like your local trash day, really organizes your week like ours is Friday, and it feels like that's like that, you know, the finish line is trash day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, that's wild.
Speaker 3: That kind of like it's sort of hard for me to even picture that, right. That's like me like the school year starts in November, yeah exactly, but it's it's earlier.
Speaker 4: The fact that your trash day is not on Friday seems wrong up to yeah right for.
Speaker 3: Me, it's like, hey, man, reset the trash clock for this week. Yeah exactly, And you're just sort of like.
Speaker 1: Let's get the fucking wasting party started.
Speaker 4: Exactly, all right. Well, my name is Jack. That is Miles Gray. This is the episode where we tell you some of the things we're trending over the weekend, some of the things that happened over the weekend. But first we get to know each other a little bit better by telling you some things we think is underrated, some things we think is overrated.
Speaker 1: Let's start with.
Speaker 4: Underrated, Miles, what something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: This is It's gonna sound abstract as I say it out loud, but you stay with me using math as a way to process things like moderation, because I think moderation can sometimes be like a nebulous concept in our minds, an abstraction that we can't quite be Like what am I measurably?
Speaker 1: Is this in moderation? Wait?
Speaker 4: Bro, did you listen to the Terrence Howard episode of Joe Rogan? Is that what's going on?
Speaker 1: I don't know what that has to do with this.
Speaker 4: For one of my runs that was ten minutes talking about terrology, Like how she's into it? This like white woman who calls people mama.
Speaker 3: You should not snitch on yourself by outing yourself as a terryology fan.
Speaker 4: Like he made so much sense. But she has a British accent, so she just like that's even.
Speaker 3: More dangerous if if Terrence Howard had an English accent, I feel I feel.
Speaker 4: Like a lot more Yeah, oh yeah, this would be a much more interesting presidential election because there'd be another third party candidate Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: He's not American.
Speaker 3: It's like, I know, but I need to say this like this anyway. So we talk a lot about human connection. I recently heard something about how much like social media has begun to like replace person to person interaction, especially like like in the pandemic, Like we just got used to like getting sort of like this feeling of socializing through a screen at times, and shit even some podcasts. But no, in my mind, I try my best to keep up with friends and plan to have like as many in per interactions like on the weekends and when I have free time as possible, but I didn't really like have a way to measure it. So like in my mind, I'm like, oh, yeah, I'm probably have a good balance of like being on my phone or social media versus like being around friends. But then I realized my phone literally tells me fucking every week, like how much time I'm spending on certain apps, like whether my usage has got up or down. And so what I've been trying to do is really be mindful now in a measurable way of the ratio between using TikTok and YouTube or Reddit and all that other social media shit and actual like person to person things. So if I'm spending that amount, I'm looking at the numbers, man, I'm looking at the numbers. And when I see that like I've spent damn, I spent a shitload of time on these apps, I'm like, is that matching to the amount of time I spent with friends, with parent, with family, whatever? And if that number is higher than the other, I'm like, Okay, we need to sort that, we need to address that. So I've been sort of using that to sort of like even motivate myself further, to be like, you may think you're doing this, but really be mindful, even if it's a phone call, even if it's like yo, man, like I'm I'm I'm about to go on a walk or whatever. You live up the street, come over, you want to have breakfast, you want to grab a coffee, whatever.
Speaker 1: I've just used that to kind of really.
Speaker 3: Give myself the ability to sort of see how that time is being split up.
Speaker 1: So I think it's a good tool just to kind of be mindful of. You got a spreadsheet? Were we talking?
Speaker 3: No, Because you know there's like a screen time app in Apple that tells you every week, it gives you a report like this is how much you these are, like your top used apps for X amount of.
Speaker 1: Hours every week or whatever.
Speaker 3: And then I'm like, oh, if I'm not spending time with friends and shit and equal measure, if not more, then I'm like.
Speaker 1: Then maybe let's let's begin to let's emphasize that. Let's emphasize that.
Speaker 3: And it's like an easier way to motivate myself because it's measurable rather than before I was like going off the vibes.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, I saw some I saw somebody last weekend. It's like for a little bit, you know what I mean, like one fifteen minute interaction. Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Like I've talked on here before about how like it's really like trying to put myself out there, like get back in touch with old friends, and it's literally like two calls a week, Like sometimes I'm right giving myself big upping myself. Whereas that's why she's the number, like that was all there was to do. Yeah, the phone is insidious for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think that's why it's a good thing to see, like, oh shit, four fucking hours last week I Reddit. Yeah, and that's how you better at least put it five with the with the people.
Speaker 1: Oh so hard, so hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I definitely count like being with my family as part of that too.
Speaker 1: But I also it's easy to sort of be just.
Speaker 3: Around you're at home family because obviously live with everyone, while also remembering you got to keep those social bonds alive.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 4: But how do you know, how do you get validations? Like are you taking down when you're hanging out with them?
Speaker 1: Are you like? Okay?
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna take that one as a light on my comment there, and Victor, I know, just a smile on that. I'm gonna actually take that as a ha ha, because I need I need those I need the validation and I need it logged somewhere.
Speaker 3: I raised when I was talking about terryology. That counts as an emphasizing message.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, all right, Well, mine's gonna sound a little bit vague, a little bit out there, but I think underrated is Billy Joel's Greatest Hits album Wow. After that talk, I don't know, my friend and I got on the subject of greatest hits albums over the weekend. That and like the the impact that they had on my like music taste in middle school, Like Bob Marley, Billy Joel, Elton John, the Doors, Simon and Garfuncle Queen, like those greatest Hits albums were so load bearing for me, right right, that's I don't know, like they're the only reason I really got into that type of like classic rock music. Like I didn't I didn't have it in me to do a whole album of Simon and Garfunkel, or like Billy Joel in particular, like with all the like skips and like misses like Billy Joel's as we talked about last week, Billy Joel is not cool, and so he a full album where it's like there's a couple hits on here, and then there's this like concept song about you know where you are just yeah, being embarrassing. Like The Doors, I feel like are another example where I don't think I could have dealt with a Doors album that's like a couple of good songs and then I find them essentially pretty embarrassing. So I know, I don't know controversial opinion, but I don't.
Speaker 3: Get me employed through college, so I can't really can't bite the handle feet.
Speaker 4: Yeah wait, how did they keep you employed?
Speaker 3: I used to archive a lot of their photos that they had, like I was a job throughout. I got my dad a photographer, and his his like best friend in high school became their manager when they were in high school.
Speaker 4: Hey, man, I should I should shut the fuck up about the.
Speaker 3: I'm the same way. I only know their hits, Like if some weird ship came.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't know what the fun this is? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, I know I know all that I know the hits, but if you if you played like a fucking random track on like LA Woman, I'd be like, dude, I don't fun this.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I feel like greatest hits albums are like the Billy Joel of albums, where it's like we don't really like to admit how much we listened to them or like how important they were, but like they they were there, Like I feel like they got a lot of sales, a lot of listens, and then they just like disappeared, like at a certain point presumable, Like I think it's probably the Internet allows us to curate our own greatest hits album so it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Playlists, yeah yeah, or like you go to the.
Speaker 4: Artist page and like see what the most listened to tracks are. But it's that's also like not always that great a way of figuring out like what you're gonna like from an artist, Like one of the songs might have been featured in Trek three and have like a million listens.
Speaker 3: Like in the pre streaming era, I used to, like on bit torrent download, like if I was starting to get into a new artist or it was like into a new genre, I would always start with the greatest hits first, yeah, to kind of bring to my front like Okay, what is everybody fucking with from this artist? And then if I like those, then I'd be like Okay, now now I'll pirate the individual albums and then like start to educate myself a little bit more.
Speaker 1: So it's a good gateway. Yeah, it's a good gateway.
Speaker 4: And I feel like I don't I haven't like read that definitive article that's like all right, these are the best greatest hits albums that you know for that were very impactful, and you know, they're treated as kind of lame, which they are in a lot of ways. They're not for like the real heads who like have the deep knowledge of the artists. But at the same time, I don't know, so somebody.
Speaker 3: I feel like most people like believe that that Bob Marley album Legend is the only album he ever made. Yeah, yeah, man, I believe the first Legend.
Speaker 1: Man, it's like.
Speaker 3: One Love, Like I feel like I kind of know, you know how you do listen to a CD so much, you kind of know, like, okay when I put this one in One Love first?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's like those are some of the albums that I know the best of any album.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not everybody can, like like I don't know the Beatles or Rolling Stone or like radioheads, like I'm sure they have greatest hits albums or like R. E. M. Because like those were artists who I was willing to just like go on a weird like Springsteen. I feel like he has the greatest hits album but it's not like that important of a thing because people are willing to like go on an album journey with those artists, But.
Speaker 1: Which is so funny for these artists.
Speaker 3: I can always picture there great like the Greatest Hits album, Like I know with Bob mart it's that legend one. Yeah, he's like this where he's posed his back to it with the guitar over right.
Speaker 4: But that's just a copy of the Born in the USA, right, or it's a reference.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's them like that that cover you know them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the black and white photo.
Speaker 4: I think it's like faded color, like seventies color photography. And oh yeah yeah Simon has the striped shirt with a blazer on. They Yeah, they got a real real specific look going.
Speaker 1: Of that hat. Mister Garfunkle. All right, what's uh, what's something you think? Overrated?
Speaker 3: Overrated pringles? Wow, okay, I'm just gonna go there, bro. I had a fucking rough weekend, all right. I'm not fucking around springles fuckets. I'm just they're just pretty unsatisfying, you know. Like I'm I'm really into actual potatoes these days. I love like a break your teeth because it's so natural type.
Speaker 1: Of hard kettle fried potato chip kind of thing.
Speaker 3: And I had some pringles and they were just like fucking just so unsatisfying, like for that chip feeling like I get that they have a little bit of crisp to them whatever, and the flavors or like, the flavors are fine, but like as a chip in the context of eating a chip.
Speaker 1: No. And then I looked into it and I didn't realize this.
Speaker 3: I know, obviously, like you look at the ships, You're like, that ain't a potato.
Speaker 1: But there it is only forty two potato.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it immediately dissolves. It's like a communion wafer of potato chips immediately dissolves you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like I guess like Procter and Gamble, they like they had some food scientists be like, hey man, people hate broken chips at the bottom of the bag.
Speaker 1: They're too greasy. Figure it out.
Speaker 3: And he's just like working with all these weird pastes and shit to arrive at Pringles. But the guy who invented it didn't actually end up making the final recipe because he couldn't like dial that and someone else came in.
Speaker 1: I was getting way too deep into Pringles lord.
Speaker 3: And but then I realized too, like they have this thing where they can't legally call themselves potato chips in some places and other places they do, but it's all based on like what is more advantageous to them, Like in the US, like they're like, bro, this is forty two percent potato, man, but you can't really be out here calling the shit potato chips. And then in the UK they're like, it's actually not a potato chip at all because they wanted to get around like a value added to VAT tax, like a v A T too, like side SEP.
Speaker 4: Tax like the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, so it's uh, all that comes together to be like a not chippy thing, and the plain ones absolutely disgusting.
Speaker 4: Wow yeah, like.
Speaker 1: I can't they're just so I don't know, there's something.
Speaker 4: Like corn meal or whatever the fun they have in there, whatever makes up it's corn meal and like wheat meal.
Speaker 1: Wheat fuck you know, I don't know what it is, but yeah it's wat fuck.
Speaker 3: So yeah Pringles Nah, not thanks, I get the tube, but off you go off.
Speaker 4: And Brian the editor does have a theory that you just got your hands stuck in the tube and that's what made you mad this weekend, do you care to comment?
Speaker 1: First of all, Brian needs to fucking shut the fuck up.
Speaker 3: When I text him ship like a man, and I'm voice saying voice notes a man, I can't type right now?
Speaker 1: Please look up? Yeah, what the thing?
Speaker 4: You leave the message going for two more minutes as you're panicking.
Speaker 3: I'm fum, this is itw it all right?
Speaker 4: My over eight, I got a grab bag? Uh? How cool my life would be with superpowers? I think like I just overheard somebody like having that conversation about like, oh man like.
Speaker 1: Kids chess tournament.
Speaker 4: No, it was it was a podcast where people don't I used to like talking about this when I was a young man in my twenties, like, oh, but then I could do if I can fly, but I had some speed. We wrote a whole episode of After Hours. I think about, like, okay, flying, but flying on its own, you're just kind of hovering at the speed that you can walk, so that would actually kind of suck shit. Yeah, But I just I hadn't thought about it since I've like been an adult with kids, and I'm realizing, like it would just be another thing that I would like feel anxiety about and be like, oh man, I should really get out.
Speaker 1: And fly more.
Speaker 4: But I'm just potentially I need more sleep than I used to like I used to, like I had that. I had that month where I was like really just creating the habits. I was like, you know, getting out there, I was flying, but.
Speaker 3: It's actually like it's actually really cold up there, and it's like it's.
Speaker 1: I don't want to wear a down jacket when I'm flying in August. It just feels weird.
Speaker 4: I look stupid when I land, Like the whole half of the fun is that I look impressive.
Speaker 1: When I land, like okay, all right. And then the.
Speaker 4: Other one is just, uh, the antagonism towards fools that I grew up around. I I'm a fairly foolish person. I don't know if I fully identify as a full, but you know, I have my moments of foolishness. And I was realizing as I heard, I feel like love Shack is really being played a lot recently for some reason. I'm hearing at a lot of places realizing that the only posted rule in the love Shack is for fools to stay away. Sign says stay away full And then mister T, one of my like spiritual leaders when I was a kid, catch phrases just like feeling sorry for me right like damn, I don't know. Man, Like the Love Shack, it has very permissive, welcoming vibes, and yet the one posted rule no Fools sign says stay away fools.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: I always thought it was the house rules, but it's a but because love rules right right know, Man, I'm just like what was going on? Were no room for foolishness in the eighties nineties.
Speaker 1: I mean, even like what a fool believes The Doobie.
Speaker 4: Brothers one of the saddest songs ever. But that song is written from the perspective of the guy from Fargo when he like meets up with like it's He's like, it's it's just about a guy who's like foolish for thinking that he could like rekindle a romance with someone and like there was never romance there and then he like walk watches her walk away forever, like and they emphasize, uh, yeah, just how how sad this person's life is. So yeah, I don't know, I just I I That's why I spent so much time trying to pretend like I was smart lying to people.
Speaker 3: You know, Damn, in the West Coast, we just embraced it full Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, and then things changed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we took it back, and now now we have Ludacris telling us to act a fool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, you know the pay I wonder does does that mean that?
Speaker 3: Is that the turning point when Ludacris now told us to act a fool?
Speaker 4: Yeah, ver not being a full Yeah, all right, I think so two thousand and three that year. Yeah, get over it. It's the two thousands.
Speaker 3: We're gonna post nine to eleven world, all right, we got other shit to deal with.
Speaker 4: By the way, I'm foolish, and I also think love rules. Okay, so maybe like talk to a couple fools before you make that your post of the rule. Anyways, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about the news, and we're back back. So over the weekend, there was a new story that was covered in a lot of mainstream publications as like four hostages were rescued by the idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but look below.
Speaker 4: The headlines and it appears to be two hundred and seventy Palestinians were killed. Yeah, according to you know, most on the ground authority.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then Israel said less than one hundred were based on the images an absurd number. Based on their images or reports from people on the ground, this looks more like a massacre, not a heroic mission to save four people. One of the Agaza based journalists described as quote, children were shot dead, elderly people were shot dead, women were shot dead, and yeah, like you know, when you reference those headlines, it's clear that the dehumanization of Palestinians is just no issue for the media at all, because it's it's all being sort of obscured through this like sort of like, yeah, four people rescued rather than one hundred rids injured and killed. Yeah, the death poll is currently over thirty seven thousand, and this latest attack I think is only it's you know, the ongoing talk of like what's going on, ceasefire?
Speaker 1: Is it going to happen? You know. Hamas has said that this shit going on.
Speaker 3: They're only looking to secure They're like they need security for Palestinian people. Meanwhile, the Israelis continue to act like they are you know, they they use this rhetoric.
Speaker 1: Of bringing the hostages home.
Speaker 3: But it's like nonsense. You know, like at this point there have been so many offers to achieve that goal in exchange for a permanent ceasefire. But the priority for Natan Yahu and what remains of the War Cabinet is to keep the war going, and the hostages merely serve as like rhetorical cover for this genocidal campaign, like, well, we have to do this to get the hostages. We have to do this, We have to continue killing innocent people to get the hostages.
Speaker 4: Including killing innocent hostages. Yes, yes, but with via a policy where that is entirely predictable.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And sadly it looks like the Biden administration is, you know, just they're continuing to prove time and again that there's unwilling to actually use their significant leverage to change anything.
Speaker 1: Anthony B.
Speaker 3: Lincoln is in uh, I think Israel now to try and get talks going again.
Speaker 1: But I like it's it's just.
Speaker 3: So disheartening as just the carnage unfolds and then you just get these like gestures of trying to work towards a solution that just I'm not I'm not sure when it's going to come and at whose expense If it's going to be Biden losing election and continued people dying in Gaza, it's not.
Speaker 1: Looking not looking good. For for anyone.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we will see this week if there's any movement on a ceasefire. But God, from what from everything you can see, it does not look like that's the interest of Israel at the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seems like they're working doing things to actively fuck that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, I think.
Speaker 3: And it's clear at this point from everything that's happening, it's clear they just want they want to clear gods out and take over. That's not there's no in there. The perfect situation for them. I don't think there would be a ceasefire.
Speaker 4: It was just here go out via Genesis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and then and yeah, and then continue to annex more Land.
Speaker 1: And then there's even more violence in the West Bank. So there's a there's a lot happening there and uh we we again, we will see what comes of this eighth trip.
Speaker 3: I think of antity Blincoln to the region since October seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, who's more and more out on an island. His rivaled Ben against quit the war cabinet and yeah, so it's really I mean, it's not like what what he's doing is controversial inside Israel as well. It's like probably more controversial because people can be free to I don't know. Uh yeah, it's pretty contra virtual inside Israel, but in America. He got interviewed by doctor Phil earlier this Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think nan Yah was set to come to the US this week.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, so that'll be very interesting also to see what what he uses that platform to do, because I don't I can't imagine if anything positive is gonna come from that.
Speaker 4: Did we talk about the Netnya who Doctor Phil interview? It's so it's such a weird fever dream like it's so strange.
Speaker 3: I mean, I knew he did it, and I was just like, I don't know know, No, I didn't, I didn't actually see it, but I mean I read about it, and it just like the way doctor Phil just was like, Hi, I'm going to agree with everything you say.
Speaker 1: That's the That'll be the tone of this interview.
Speaker 4: The interview drew widespread condemnation in Israel, where Netaho's been avoiding interviews with Israeli pressed for years. I was happy to sit down with Oprah's.
Speaker 3: Well because this is all because he's more, he knows that he needs the he needs the approval of audiences in the United States more than anything, right, because if the sentiment goes to I mean, it's already gone south, but if it becomes untenable for Congress and the White House to keep supporting this, that's the issue. And I think that's why he's coming to Congress too, because he's trying to shore up support for this just fucking diabolical shit that's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: In his opening remarks of that interview, doctor Phil referred to Palestinians as occupying Gaza and asked whether Palestinians at large should be punished. So, yeah, that's who doctor Phil is these days. I didn't realize he had gone like full right wing fascist. There's always the leanings, but yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: He's he's just a terrible fucking guy and not even really the kind of doctor he tries to present himself as.
Speaker 1: So it's a it's all there, folks.
Speaker 4: He also So that was last month. This this weekend, he was trending for interviewing Trump and claiming that this interview was like too hot for TV and it had been banned from TikTok just because Trump's in it and they're so scared of Trump, which would be to believe promo video. Yeah, the promo video. You know, it'd be easier to believe it was like too hot for TikTok if a there wasn't already tons of Trump content on TikTok, including Trump's new TikTok account, and if the promo wasn't literally on Doctor Phil's TikTok like as we're saying this right now, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, he he was even just like he's said, he was like he was basically agreeing with Trump that like that the his felony convictions were like bullshit.
Speaker 1: It was like a political hit. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, straight up, He's like gone get a right, like far right.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean it makes sense that the regressive shit that he says anyway that he presents his fucking advice or even though the manner in which he like has blonde just to kind of make their lives worse. So yeah, expect nothing less from mister Phil McGrath.
Speaker 4: Mister Phil, mister Phil. One weird thing about the interview, I mean, the whole thing was unhinged. Trump really not looking great these days, was spent part of the time just being like so doctor Phil was like, revenge and retribution are unhealthy for the country, and you know, Donald doesn't have to get even, and Trump was like, revenge does take time. I will say that, And sometimes revenge can be justified, Phil, I have to be honest.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I can just feel it can be. It can be. So I agree. I believe revenge is a very healthy attitude to have.
Speaker 4: The thing I said two seconds ago, I disagree with that. I actually disagree.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, and I believe you are a very distinguished gentleman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his hair is he like balding more?
Speaker 3: I mean, I know he's doing combvers and shit, but that at least the front that he used to have quafft. Yeah, it's looking like fuzzy, you know what I mean, Like it does have the definition it used to. It looks like put a GAUSSI and blur to use the photoshop. It's term on the top part of his head, and it's sloping shoulders. God, man, these are the what a fucking sad. I saw some political cartoon recently of just like just like these two old men on a debate stage and just like sort of you know, highlighting how old everyone is, or Trump's in a jumpsuit, like it felt like an orange jumpsuit and like, yeah.
Speaker 1: What a this is? This is what the two party system is offering people.
Speaker 4: The weird thing like that kept happening. You know, Trump, Trump's saying wildly offensive, inaccurate shit. But every time he would call uh, psychiatric institutions or psychiatric facilities mental institutions, they would put a chiron up with like a little asterisk saying psychiatric facility. It's like getting at the central lie of doctor Phil's world, which is like, no, this guy, you can trust him. He's all about psychiatry.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: And the you know, he's gonna he's gonna fact check. He's gonna fact check this president when he calls it a mental institution. But this is in a sentence where he says, why would someone want to open borders where they're coming in from jail's prisons, they're coming from mental institutions. That gets an astroisk. They're terrorists coming in by the thousands. No asterisks for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that one's good. That one's facts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that needs no clarification at all. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I believe that too, And I think that Joe Biden can stop this Robespierre esque reign of terror on you if he really wanted to.
Speaker 1: He said some shit like that about how Democrats could stop it.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's the fucking that's the whatever, dude, Glad, glad you had some some uh you know, what's that thing?
Speaker 1: Uh? Feedback loop? A bubble? What are we looking at? Echo chambers? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, echo chamber. Cope, time for you guys.
Speaker 4: Trump also in the news over the weekend. I hate to have two Trump stories on here, but everybody's talking about his rant from a rally in Vegas, in which he spent several minutes describing how he'd rather die by electrocution than risk being eaten by a shark. If you were in a sinking boat with a tremendously powerful battery, you're not experiencing deja vu. This same rant happened back in October, but I guess people kind of missed it then.
Speaker 3: Every he always it's anything that's electric. He always equates with becoming electrocuted. Yeah, Like, how do you do it? If it's in if it's rain, how do they make sure?
Speaker 1: Just shut up?
Speaker 3: But anyway, here's here he is at this like rally that was so hot they had like paramedics on standby because they wanted to make sure people didn't succumb to the heat.
Speaker 1: But anyway, here he is screaming about battery and shit.
Speaker 6: So I said, let me ask you a question, and he said, nobody ever asked this question, and it must because of Mit, my relationship to Mit. Very smart, he goes.
Speaker 1: I said, what would happen.
Speaker 6: If the boat sank from its weight and you're in the boat and you.
Speaker 1: Have the boat sank from its weight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a he's so smart that he doesn't understand the boats buoyancy, Like.
Speaker 1: This motherfucker does not trust a cruiser.
Speaker 3: It's not a boat if it doesn't fucking float on its own, just so you know, And by definition, that would just be detritus the ocean, at the bottom of the sea.
Speaker 6: And he was going, this tremendously powerful battery and the battery is now underwater, and there's a shark that's approximately ten yards over there.
Speaker 1: Approximate by the way of shark attacks lately. Do you know what I said?
Speaker 6: A lot of shop.
Speaker 1: In the background.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I heard that.
Speaker 3: I'm from a landlocked state, but I know about the shark attacks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, really that angry They bit off the young lady's leg because of the fact.
Speaker 1: That they were They were not hungry, but.
Speaker 4: They misunderstood what who she was.
Speaker 1: These people are.
Speaker 5: Great, Wait, what so the sharks understand the motive that like people who get attacked by sharks are like, you know it's because the sharks taking Yeah, it's a mistake, do not hunt human.
Speaker 3: But I love though has the colloquial manner in which he's like, I was kicking it with those sharks. Yeah, and they bit her, not because they were hungry. They told me this because it's real, folks.
Speaker 1: He said, there's no problem with sharks.
Speaker 6: They just didn't really understand a young woman swimming now who really got decimated in other people to.
Speaker 1: A lot of shocks.
Speaker 4: Next, I said, so.
Speaker 6: There's a shark ten yards away from the boat ten yards or here? Do I get electrocuted? If the boat is sinking, water goes over the battery the boat is sinking. Do I stay on top of the boat and get electrocuted? Or do I jump over by the shark and not get electric it? Because I will tell you he didn't know. The entry said, you know, nobody's ever asked me that question.
Speaker 1: I said, I think it's a good question.
Speaker 4: I think there's a lot of electric current.
Speaker 1: Coming through that water.
Speaker 6: But you know what I'd do if there was a shark or you get electrocuted. I'll take electrocution. Every single time.
Speaker 4: There's there's like one guy behind him being like yeah, yeah, he's speaking my language.
Speaker 3: Got to man this all the time. Do with my prayer group. We talked about this all the time at Bible study. I do not want to get have my whole shiit bit by a shark man.
Speaker 4: First of all, objectively the wrong answer because you get your ship bit. Yeah, your ship bit man, that's fucking amazing. That's the highest way that a human can go out the form of humanity.
Speaker 3: Do you think Trump like if you if he was in a in a pool and you brought over like a loose car battery and you brought it over to the.
Speaker 1: Point like don't don't kill me, don't give me, don't give me.
Speaker 4: But I feel like, does that does that even work? Like would you get I don't think batteries do that?
Speaker 1: Like No, I mean like i'd imagine like a covered battery.
Speaker 4: This is just so question and that's why it's a good question.
Speaker 1: And that's what I like.
Speaker 3: How he's like and the and he said, nobody's ever asked me that, right, and that's how I know it. So I thought I said it was a good question. Maybe it was so fucking ignorant. The guy had never heard such stupidity in his life, and it was like being polite and being like I've never heard before.
Speaker 1: Like if you watch.
Speaker 3: Kunk on Earth, you know when she says wild shit to these experts and they're like they're trying to be polite.
Speaker 1: They're like, well, that is an interesting theory. Yeah I've never heard that. Yeah, exactly, that's right. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: But yeah, this is this is a recurring question. This is like I guess he claimed like it was so hot that the prompters went down, and this is just like what his brain goes to.
Speaker 1: He's like, sharks are scary, right.
Speaker 4: Apparently, Stormy Daniels claims that he said that he hopes all the sharks die, which he has basically admitted to. They're saying the other night, the sharks. They were saying, sharks, we have to protect them. I said, wait a minute, wait, they actually want to remove all the seals in order to save the shark. What I said, wait, don't you have that the other way around.
Speaker 1: Damn, damn.
Speaker 4: So I mean that's deep, that's deep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was even a thing about oh that's right.
Speaker 3: Remember like Elaine Chow, Mitch McConnell's wife, her sister died in a tesla earlier this year.
Speaker 4: But the executive yeah.
Speaker 1: Went into the water and was not electrocuted.
Speaker 3: And then like these articles came out and they're like, why you won't die in an ev if it goes in the water.
Speaker 1: But again, Trump.
Speaker 4: Doesn't need to bring that she died from drowning because the doors don't open when they get wet.
Speaker 1: That's not the problem is concerned as batteries.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh brand the editor's point out that a marine battery uh kind of designed to be around water. It turns out we'll just short out and lose charge.
Speaker 1: If all right, well that's just like your opinion.
Speaker 4: That's just like your opinion. All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break, because I actually don't trust him, and I want to do some research.
Speaker 1: We'll do some additional research on the back of the napkin math. Really but what we'll be right back.
Speaker 4: And we're back, we're and yeah, it turns out, yeah, get it, getting electrocuted by a battery in the ocean would suck, and getting eaten by a shark would be cool. I just did research on my notes here, just.
Speaker 1: Do research in my mind, and I just thought it over. Yeah, I'd still rather get.
Speaker 4: My ship take the electrocution every time.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: In the world of popular culture and tech, people are rage quitting a dope be over AI fears. So apparently some people instead of uh just moving scrolling down until you get to the box to check, to just get the text out of your way when you're service, Yeah, when you're doing in terms of service, apparently like you can read that text and there's a bull shuff in there.
Speaker 1: All right, what did you say?
Speaker 4: Well, so the people who did the reading must be like archaeologists or something. They excavated this message. And there is apparently stuff in the latest Adobe update about how they can access your content through both manual and automated methods such as for content slash review, and also mentioned that they could use machine learning in order to improve our services and software, all of which had people somewhat concerned that Adobe would be using private customer data to help train their AI, because that's exactly what it seems like their terms of service are making it possible for them to.
Speaker 3: Do you everyone's work space is now a node to feed our machine learning machine learning algorithm, and.
Speaker 4: It will be using your finger clicks as a battery to power our AI. But they so they later clarified that this was not the case. It's merely for moderating illegal content and it actually existed in the previous terms of service. They even mentioned machine learning in previous years. But that doesn't explain the part of the terms of service where they say that they have a worldwide royalty free license to reproduce your content.
Speaker 1: That's a little bit much.
Speaker 4: That feels That feels like a lot. That feels pretty specific.
Speaker 3: You're collaborating with Adobe now be like, oh yeah, man, that's ours too, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: The company are currently marketing their Firefly aid as a means for people with limited creative experience to quickly produce content at scale. So it's basically like you become part of our global creative hive mind where we use your work to fuel the work of lesser artists.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Essentially, it's like it's.
Speaker 3: Like like how remember did you ever see like exit through the gift shop and they're showing like, mister brainwash that.
Speaker 1: Dude, yeah my favorite artist.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I got a cluster brainwash back here, that guy.
Speaker 3: I would also describe limited creative experience like so much goes, I want that put that there.
Speaker 1: But like with this style, and I think that's what.
Speaker 3: They're kind of saying is like you can just mister brainwash some shit now, like I want Simpson to look like David la Chappelle photography but in medieval times, go.
Speaker 4: We got an LCE here a limited creative experience?
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, hell ya?
Speaker 4: How do we make people creative at scale? That's always like the number one question that people love to say behind the doors closed doors of tech companies. So Firefly was trained on public domain material that happened to include AI images from one of their competitors, mid journey. So it's just like one big circle jerk of AI bullshit. So it makes sense that they would try to be getting original work from the people who are using their software, right, They need AI need inputs that aren't just like public domain.
Speaker 3: God, it's like it's just it's painful to watch this like insistence on the AI ship and it's gonna be all the pushback. Yeah, I know, waiting for like this person to like ascend, who like is the limited creative experience person who just like like harnessed AI to be like I actually use that to create these like fantastic images. I wrote this script, I've already got an egot all because I urged one with the AI.
Speaker 1: But I'm I don't know how close you are that.
Speaker 4: And when you look at like the careers of a lot of the tech CEO types, they're really you know, they they like get to know coding well enough, but they're not like actually talented coders. And then they just like appropriate other people's work. So it feels like this is a technology that is designed to do the thing that they value the most, which is, you know, taking other people's work and making it make them money. How do I make you make money for me without paying you? That is the question that I'm going to address. And my ted tough.
Speaker 1: Movies.
Speaker 4: Baby, we're always rooting for the movies at the box office. Yeah, so that they continue to be a thing.
Speaker 1: But it was not saw movie. I saw a movie this week what you see.
Speaker 3: Babes, babes, but a lot of Glazer Michelle Buteau film Oh okay, yeah about like best friends going through the arc of becoming parents. That was a nice one, does easy sub two hours, great film, just in and Out Baby wasn't It wasn't the most It wasn't the best script, I would say, But Michelle Buteaux and Alonaglaz are just so naturally funny that the dialogue, you know, how like you see those movies you're like, I don't know if it were two other people, I don't know if that movie would have been good, Like so much of it was carried by their charisma, but I saw, dude, there are people fucking breaking the doors down to go see Bad Boys in Imax.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So speaking of movies that wouldn't be as good with other two people. The Bad Boys, the Bad Boys as I call them, stormed the box office came through above expectations. People were thinking it would open in the forties and it actually did fifty six million dollars over the weekend. And this is I don't know, it's Will Smith's first theatrical post slap movie, and it's also just a franchise that people fucking love. Yeah, Bad Boys, people love Will Smith and Martin Lawrence together.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that is like a truth now, you know, like at first, like I don't know, we'll see how this does, and then it did well, I'm like, Okay, we're still in a country where Bad Boys still captures the hearts and minds of Americans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's I mean jm Our writer was pointing out that, like, Okay, when you look at the two bombs from last month, they were Garfield about uh, you know, Chris Pratt like a Garfield, a white guy in that version of things.
Speaker 1: And Garfield was canonically black.
Speaker 4: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Like no, no, no, man, Like Jim Davis is like no man, yeah, man, he's a nubie and God stuck in the cat's body.
Speaker 4: Furios set in the world that critics have previously called eerily white, and then yeah, like it's just like Bad Boys for Life was one of the top grossing movies of the year in twenty twenty. Obviously, the pandemic had something to do with that, but it just reminds me of the Sony Hack email where the guy argues against a Denzel movie because other people are racist and you know they're not going to respond well to a Denzel action franchise, and then that movie fucking killed and the whole franchise does incredibly well.
Speaker 3: I'm just glad that the acab sentiment didn't reach bad boys.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: You know, a cab does not include bad boys.
Speaker 1: This in this just this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a cab does not include bad boys, does not include Mike Lowry.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's right, Akab. No, a cab does not include.
Speaker 3: All cops are bad boys. Yes, that's what you have to do. This this last weekend, all cops were bad boys. Okay, they had to pass well bad boys in theaters. Do you think cops like bad boys?
Speaker 1: I don't know. That's a great que sick ass cop film.
Speaker 4: That's a great question that we'll be covering on tomorrow's episode when we have a cop on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just to coolest stuff you can do as a cop.
Speaker 1: Tune in for that expert episode.
Speaker 4: And finally, Julia Louis Dreyfuss has pushed back on some of Jerry Seinfeld's bullshit, like that Seinfeld cast has been taking some very public l's Seinfeld's debacle filled press tour for Unfrosted, where he like went on Barry Weiss's podcast and was like I missed the days when you could be a real man. And Michael Richards recent promotion efforts for his memoir, which found him going on the Jesse Waters Show, Dude, just go.
Speaker 3: Michael Richards. I'm sorry, bro, you you don't know how to You don't know. There's so many these fucking celebrities that think like re quote unquote rehabbing your career is just to like self exile and be out of the headlines and then hoping that the collective memory has shifted by the time it's it's like there a moment arises for you to sell something again and be like they've maybe forgot and be like, hey, man, remember me from like that video of like twenty I'm back and I'm okay.
Speaker 1: Did I do anything on myself?
Speaker 4: No, nope, nope, but.
Speaker 3: Hopefully I mean he's been a long time, so you guys forgive me, Like you know, if he gave a fuck, you would have tried to better himself or at least you know, like even the the A List celebrities, No, they're published, Like, man, I'm sorry, You're gonna have to like pose with some people of color after this, right, Like you're gonna have to go do some charity work. But maybe Michael Richard did that. We just fucking ignored it. But sorry, dude, Yeah, you just sit down, collect your fucking royalties.
Speaker 1: And Jesse Waters. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But Julie Louis Dreyfus recently was interviewed by The New York Times, most specifically asked about her former co stars opinion that political correctness is somehow killing comedy going it.
Speaker 1: He's golling it. You can't even postman. I'd have soldiers say their heroes. What happened? She said?
Speaker 4: And this is I don't know what she's talking about, but she said that she thinks the political correctness, in so far as it equates to tolerance, is obviously fantastic.
Speaker 1: WHOA what?
Speaker 3: I never considered that, And now I'm starting to soften on my stands about PC culture.
Speaker 4: About sensitivities is not a bad thing. Doesn't mean that all comedy goes out the window as a result.
Speaker 3: But what if all your jokes are about talking about people's appearances or abilities?
Speaker 1: Ben what?
Speaker 4: She also said, it's a red flag when people complain about political correctness, because that sometimes means something else. I think always means usually pointing its leading in a very specific direction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out Elaine Venis for just making that very the really basic observation, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But like, yeah, when exactly when people start clamoring the fucking PC culture, Yeah, you're telling on yourself. You're telling on yourself.
Speaker 4: And that was like that Seinfeld was complaining about PC culture and like kids on college campuses being two woke, you know, fifteen years ago. I feel like it was a long time ago where he had his rant about how college students didn't laugh at his gay French king joke and then and then they said.
Speaker 3: This is an over child groomer because I had I dated a seventeen year old.
Speaker 1: When I was thirty five.
Speaker 3: Jesus, I love how after that shit with the PC culture, like everyone on the internet was determined to bring that back, like as people should like remind people. It's like, is this you, Jerry Seinfeld with the seventeen year old person you were dating?
Speaker 1: Oh the real man? Oh god?
Speaker 4: All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this Monday morning.
Speaker 1: We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode of the show.
Speaker 4: Until then, be kind to each other, Be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines, getting blue shot, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Bye Pete.