Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Our two on this Meet Friday, Dan and the Dan Net's Dan Patrick Show. Rich Eisen of the Mothership. He'll be hosting the Hall of Fame festivities this weekend from Canton. He'll join us coming up. And yes, there was football last night and it was fun, high scoring thirty three to thirty and Haines King taking it in on the final play of the game. So we'll talk to Rich. He'll join us coming up in about twenty minutes from now. Rick Neuheisel, the great analyst for CBS Sports. I got to ask him about what's going on with Purdue with their athletic director calling out Indiana fresh off Indiana winning a national championship, because if I recall, I thought that UCLA did this to USC, UCLA calling out USC football many many years ago when Rick new Heisel was at UCLA, where I think they took out a full page ad in the La Times and it was basically saying the monopoly is over with college football in southern California. We'll talk to new Heis. I wonder if they ran that by him. Hey, we're gonna put this out in the newspaper. I don't know, maybe maybe you don't. But we'll talk to new Heizel a little bit later on as well, Panthers beating the Cardinals the Lions they paid Jamiir Gibbs. We thought that this was who was going to cave first? Would it be the Falcons or the Lions. Turns out the Falcons with Jean Robinson, and now Jamiir Gibbs gets a little bit more of a bump than Vjon Robinson eight seven to seven three DP Show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show secod morning those watching on Peacock. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program, and the twenty twenty seven DP Show Calendar. The theme is high school yearbook photos and you can be involved. We're giving you the month of December. You guys send in your pictures and will give you the final month of the calendar. You can send your awkward yearbook photo to DP Calendar twenty twenty seven at gmail dot com. The WNBA is on NBC and Peacock Page. Becker's and the Wings taking on one of my favorite players, O Liviya Miles and the Links, the WNBA livel NBC and Peacock, Uh, Nicky and Florida. Hi, Niki, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 3: Indian Great, good to talk with you in time listener, first time caller, Hi dans love you guy, uh five anything of that. So calling because this whole Purdue Indiana thing I want to produce graduated early eighties was there from Indiana, and you have to understand the mentality between those two schools. We hate Indiana, Okay, when you're a producer, Indiana hates hates Indiana. And it doesn't matter if who's good, who's bad, what sport it is, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 3: Some thumper stickers that said, I'm for Purdue and anybody who plays Indiana. Okay. I mean, that's just the mentality of the two schools. So I'm sorry if people got upset about the comment, but I'm sure there'll be a something from Signetti to come back at us. It's just the way it is, been that way forever.
Speaker 2: All he has to do is say scoreboard. But thank you, Nikki. Yeah, I mean I just found it to be one of those you go, huh, head scratcher and then if you're calling out the totality of Indiana sports, you don't even do well in that conversation. You could call out Indiana basketball, but you don't have national titles in the modern era. And then, fresh off Indiana with what they pulled off, here, here's the comment by the athletic director at Purdue yesterday.
Speaker 5: Every recruit, every current student athlete will hear this message repeatedly.
Speaker 2: We are here to win championships.
Speaker 5: If you don't want to win championships, go to Indiana.
Speaker 2: You could have left that out. If you want to win championships, like this is the place. Okay, fine, raw Ra ready to go. That's Tommy McClellan, the Purdue athletic director. And then you call out Indiana. Okay, you may not like Indiana. I I want to I'm trying to come up with some kind of analogy here where you can say be like me saying, you know, I don't like Mike Tyson and kind of tweaking him and then get in the ring with Mike Tyson and lose fifty six to three, which is what Purdue has done. They lost sixty six to nothing a couple of years ago. I don't know just the timing was a little odd. You can say, hey, we want to build something special here, we want to win championships here, but you don't have to say, if you don't want to win championships, go to Indiana. Yes, Dylan.
Speaker 6: So, my fiance actually went to grad school at Purdue, and when she was picking, like you know, picking which school she wanted to go to, having sports and RARA and all that stuff was a factor because.
Speaker 7: She went to a smaller school for undergrad that didn't.
Speaker 6: Have that, and of the options, I was like, well, produced like a pretty good option. And then I think it was a week two of that football season and they lost a Notre Dame like sixty six to seven or something, and it was like, well, they're never going to win a football type I should have started with that.
Speaker 2: I guess that is true. That is true, Yes, Tod.
Speaker 8: Imagine if you were the New Angels GM.
Speaker 9: I know you're looking for an analogy, and you said you want to come to Anaheim if you want to win titles, you don't want to be going to the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: That's very good. Thank you, Todd. Thank you. By the way, it's a meat Friday, And Dylan picked out the menu, tell us what's on the On the grills.
Speaker 6: We have black and chicken and Cajun shrimp, some Cajun cream pasta, then jambalaya and Cheddar biscuits, classic Cheddar biscuits.
Speaker 2: Now one of the new additions to our staff, Billy Tips. He is is he just went to New Orleans for a bachelor party and then came back. Now, all of a sudden, we're New Orleans heavy here on the menus. Is that just a coincidence? It is not remotely a coincidence. Dan.
Speaker 6: That is is he was feeling inspired, and I was like, you know, let's let's run with it. We had the gumbo pizza. Is a little bit of a precursor to meet Friday.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, Okay, all right, I already had my double cheeseburger that was made for me at seven in the morning. Since I'm up in Maine, I can't have a that's my meat Friday.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Paul, you're like a guy at the airport seven forty five in the morning getting a double cheeseburger. That's the one place you could do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, or a hot dog. Now I'm not the get it there at seven forty five and then have a beer. I can't do that. But if you're saying some comfort food, I can grab a Nathan's hot dog. Yeah, you know, if there's a Burger ready to go, Yes, Dylan.
Speaker 6: Burger has sort of crossed I'm not going to say into breakfast territory, but there's not a brunch menu in America that doesn't have a cheeseburger on it, which is not something you'd normally think of.
Speaker 7: As a brunch item.
Speaker 2: Well, I was surprised when my wife said, how about a hamburger? And I didn't know what time she was talking about that, and I thought, all right, because she made me eggs yesterday, an egg sandwich, and uh so I said, sure, I don't take a Burger double cheeseburger with tomato with seven in the morning, rectech grill, Go get them girl? All right, nobody go get him?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: But who is it better than we?
Speaker 11: Do?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: No? Wait, wait, what's come on? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 7: Body?
Speaker 2: Let's go? How about you know, Bones Thugs and Harmony? Ready, who is it better than we? Is that the name of the band, Yes, it is Bone Thugs and Harmony, Yes, harmon looking for a harmony part. No, you're right, okay, okay, all right, here's a thug part here too. Who is it?
Speaker 7: Betty?
Speaker 2: No, there's no thug part.
Speaker 7: Gangsters bone thugs and no, who.
Speaker 2: Is it better than we do? Nobody?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, Man, don't have me take away your Friday privileges. Okay, I want you to be enthusiastic. All right, Uh, Dylan, you were betting on the game last night. How did you fare?
Speaker 7: You don't have to tell everyone that, Dan, I do you want to guess? For starters?
Speaker 2: How much did you lose?
Speaker 13: It?
Speaker 14: Was it?
Speaker 2: How many bets did you lose?
Speaker 7: Three out of three?
Speaker 2: How many beds did you You were zero for three and.
Speaker 7: So to kick off the season.
Speaker 2: So okay, so you're in mid season form because you had the under, yep.
Speaker 6: Under, ud I bet it at thirty five and a half and then it moved to thirty four and a half. I was like, all right, I see what's happening here. I did not see what was happening there. They had thirty four and a half.
Speaker 7: And then.
Speaker 2: Both teams nearly were over.
Speaker 6: My my lock, Dan, which was Kenny Pickett to rush for a touchdown on their opening drive, plus four thousand that did not hit either, so and Cardinal's money line obviously, which should have.
Speaker 7: But did not.
Speaker 2: But it didn't, but it did not, It did not. The Gambling podcast available at dan Patrick dot com. And while you're there, I would say try the Toddcast. Do not have family in the car if you are listening to that, no kids, but it's Todd gets detailed slash graphic, and I would just say listen to it once Dylan is the host. The therapist is Todd lays on the couch and kind of whatever he wants to reveal he does. Yes, Todd, I do.
Speaker 9: I don't worries the word I do wonder aloud, and I just to talk to Dylan about it after we record one of these. Just's like, are people going to think more of me less of me? No, Chay, I don't know why, you know. I always like to be I want to be everybody's best friend, to be liked, and I'm very sensitive like that. But sometimes I'll reveal things and there are occasions where I'm like, if I go too far, or is my name gonna be all messed up by sharing some of those stories, It's not going to stop me moving forward, but just wanted your thoughts, and you've heard some of these things.
Speaker 2: I would say it's too late to be worried. America's man the mind. I mean, I'm just saying, Todd, it's too late to think about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, Todd will asking afterwards. I'll be like, oh, you're fine, No worry about it, Todd. And in my head I'm like Jesus Christ, what was that?
Speaker 2: Publicly, Austin and Louisiana, Hi, Austin, what do you have for me?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 15: What WDP? Thanks for calling me back. You know, this is the Austin and Louisiana who coined the Shane Irving look exactly like a middle aged Orson Wells. By the way, and if there's any DP show fans out there that haven't googled that, do that immediately. It is amazing. So my my thing is, Dan, I want to give a shout out to Big Day Ray. He's been a great addition to the show. He the Confessional is great, you know, I look forward to seeing it Peacock. But man, Dan, I think I think Ray is a good gambler. He he comes on the show every week, research units are great, and he's really putting Shae and Dylan to shame. You know, you got Shaye talking about wait till football season, Danny blah blah blah. He got Dylan. Oh it's easy when you have bet monaf eight hundred Dan. So you know, I just wanted to shout out big Day Ray, and uh, thanks taking my call.
Speaker 2: Dan, all right, thank you Austin. Big Day Ray. Uh. He puts Dylan in shade to shame, But that's not hard to do. Ray does research and he's actually got a winning record with his gambling. I always say, just go against whatever Dylan is betting on, and you will be rich. You can retire, Yes, Dylan any nerd can win bets. Dan with research.
Speaker 6: Okay, Ray's betting top twenty, top forty golfers. I'm betting some JM to win every single tournament.
Speaker 7: We're not the same, okay.
Speaker 2: But but but the goal is to win your bets, right.
Speaker 7: I don't even know what the goal is anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay. If it's to entertain, you're doing a really good job. If it's to win your bets, you're not doing a good job at all.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to entertain myself.
Speaker 2: Jody, Jody in California. Hi, Jody, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 16: Hey, good morning Dan. I just want to say I love you guys so much. I've been listening to you for a long time, your whole team. You have such a natural flow. You are the Howard Stern of sports interviewing. And I have your horse name?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, what would the horse name be?
Speaker 16: Stat of the day?
Speaker 2: Stat of the day? Okay, I'd be fine with that. I still like, thank you Todd. If I get into thoroughbred racing, that that would be the name of the horse that I would probably have.
Speaker 10: Yes, Paul, Dan, we did a little research on buying a race horse yesterday, and there's different levels. It could be anywhere from fifty thousand dollars to a million, depending on the lineage and so forth. You could buy share in a racehorse like you're buying a time share. Like if you wanted to put twenty five thousand into a group that buys a racehorse, you could do that, so you're not responsible for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I would do if I did this. I'm not buying a horse. I'm not gonna get a barn and have somebody you know, feed it and walk it, and I would just show up at the track that you know on race day. That's what I would do. Zach and Knoxville. Hi, Zach, what do you have for me today? Adip?
Speaker 7: Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 11: Dylan went into the confessional on Peacock before the last break and he said that Todd said that he should put that hat on, but he kind of had a list.
Speaker 4: So I was wondering, if our lists are those.
Speaker 5: Can we put the partition back up?
Speaker 2: Can you catch a list from somebody? Dylan has a Purdue hat on. I don't think lists are contagious, yes, Dodd.
Speaker 12: I would say anything's possible.
Speaker 9: Like when you go to a new city or country, you know all listen, you pick up the accents a little bit. So if you can pick up an accent, start talking a little differently over a period of time, you might pick up a list by accident, just without having some kind of speech impediment.
Speaker 2: Wait, if you're if you have three friends and they all have a list, You're going to pick up a list, is what you're saying.
Speaker 9: I'm saying over time, somehow you might start pronouncing things wrong by accident or just somehow gets.
Speaker 7: In their brain or your neurons, and you.
Speaker 9: Just start saying things wrong or you start lisping a little bit.
Speaker 2: Are you basing this on anything?
Speaker 9: No medical evidence or physical proof. I didn't google or research anything, or chat GPT anything, but I think you pick up on certain things in life, and that maybe one of them.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't slur my s's like you do, and I've been around you for over twenty years.
Speaker 9: That would be an example of how I could be completely wrong with what I just said. He wasn't even sure if he should have shown up. I hate hearing that, you know I do. That's why you keep playing.
Speaker 2: Play it one more time if you can, Marvin.
Speaker 8: He wasn't even sure if he should have shown up. Believe I sounded like that, or I still sound like that.
Speaker 9: Doesn't sound like someone that used to go get some medical attention.
Speaker 2: I would say, yes, I would bring that clip in to you know whoever your eyes and ears and your nose and your throat specialists that you keep going to. How's your ear? You said that you had problems your ear was plugged for the last month.
Speaker 9: Yes, I've been on ear drops. I've been on they gave me some all kinds of decongestants. I was on like flowing a's and all these things. So he gave me another congestant, and now I'm on a small dose of pregnant zone, which I don't like to be on because that just gets me even extra hungry and hyper. And then if you you're on too long, your face puffs up and I start talking even faster than I do.
Speaker 2: Yes, Paul, thank you.
Speaker 7: Dan.
Speaker 10: I can't believe I just looked this up. You cannot catch a list. I just double checked. It is not doesn't go. You might catch it from your parents, like inherently, but no, you.
Speaker 2: Can't think when your a second opinion on this, Yes, Dylan, Well, we talked about it.
Speaker 7: I think last week. I did have a.
Speaker 6: Lisp when I was younger and had to go to like speech class and stuff. But I think so it could just be lying dormant and then Todd has brought it back out of me.
Speaker 2: But you, yeah, so lisp can come back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks Tom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the medical community. Yes, let's take a break. Rich Eisen popular host of the Mothership, and he'll be in Canton and he's hosting the Hall of Fame festivities. Richie rich will join us next year Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp Hey, it's.
Speaker 14: Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports rad And in addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio, we are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 2: That's right, you can now watch The Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 14: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: More phone calls coming up on this meet Friday eight seven to seven three DP show. He's Rich Eisen, host to The Rich Eisen Show on ESPN Radio. He'll be hosting the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony on Saturday. Rich joins us from Canton. Actually where are you right now?
Speaker 8: I am in the Presentation Center inside the Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum in Canton, Ohio. I'll be doing my show from here at noon Eastern, and you know this is giving me a little behind the scenes BTS and I'm you know, just hold on a second.
Speaker 7: Can you hold all the work please? You know you taught me to do.
Speaker 8: That a long time ago, just to make sure everyone we're live, you know, like, can you hold the just And they've held the work, Dan, They've held the work and that's the scene.
Speaker 7: That's the scene set, that's my scene set.
Speaker 2: Are you comfortable saying that's the greatest Hall of Fame game in NFL history?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean there aren't many walkoffs, right, we don't have any walkoffs. Tarico and collins Worth called it as if it was the Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: That was fun, but that was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you know we.
Speaker 8: Saw deep ball leading to a big, massive hit, so you know, it definitely allows us all to say football's back. That was a fun finish and Haynes pre seeing the end zone with no time left out of ingreat if Dave Canal's like, we're just going to kick the field, let's play for overtime, you know, that'd have been fun.
Speaker 7: But that was that was good. I mean, and the folks here in can deserve it, Dan, sure do.
Speaker 2: Uh. It feels like you know, we tried, we remind ourselves don't overreact. Don't overreact. But if you're a Cardinal fan, can is it okay to overreact just a little bit that you saw Carson Beck play really well?
Speaker 7: Of course?
Speaker 8: Of course, I mean there's lots to be excited about that. Carson Beck is possibly the next quarterback of the Arizona Cardinals that they did get their guy. That's the the renewal of hope that that we get every single year, whether it's at the combine. People watch the combine, they're like that guy, that's the guy I need on my team because he can change the fortunes. And where there's a draft or or its preseason and then the realities of football for many teams unfortunately arrive. One of them could be you know, Arizona looking around in their neighborhood and seeing the defending Super Bowl champs and the team that that team beat, that could have been to the super Bowl, that has the MVP and Miles Garrett and possibly Aaron Donald. At any moment in time, we could check our watches and then obviously San Francisco is no pushover. But for the time being, sure, take take your time, take it in. You got a new coach, you got a new quarterback, potentially for the future. You've got a new running back. You've got a lot to be hopeful for. That's what this time of years about.
Speaker 2: Foregun conclusion. Aaron Donald's coming back.
Speaker 8: Okay, we have a segment on my show Dan We've called it. Is he back yet? That's what it's called because I mean, if you're going to go through the paces, you're gonna go start doing this now, you're going to start practicing in a helmet unless he just decides, you know what, I just I'm not ready for the riggers. I don't know. I don't I don't know. I don't foresee that. I think he is absolutely coming back. I think that is going to be one of the greatest handful.
Speaker 7: History of the game.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm no I'm speaking from a spot where there's many busts of handfuls, but there'll be spots across the hall. I'm right down the hallway from the bus gallery. Donald and Garrett are going to be there. And the great thing about it is, the more you and I or everyone else in our industry talks about it, the more Seattle gets pissed, the more Dallas gets pissed, the more the Chiefs that name anybody that's on your.
Speaker 7: List of Super Bowl contenders.
Speaker 8: They get pissed because they know football is more than just two of fifty three. I can't wait to watch it play out. Don't you think he's coming back? Dan, like it's a foregone conclusion?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I would have said if he wanted to play home games, I was fine with that. He didn't have to travel in my opinion. You know, if if he doesn't want to show up to camp until the last week of camp, as long as he's ready to go, when he's ready to go on his schedule, then yes, I think he's going to play. And this is one of those I like it to Jalen Brown goes to the Sixers. I don't think Lebron goes to the Sixers. If Jalen Brown doesn't go there, Miles Garrett goes to the ram I don't think Garon Donald comes back to play unless they get Miles Garrett.
Speaker 8: He's sitting at home getting ready for kids drop off, you know what I mean? Like that, that's what he would be doing if Miles Garrett was still a Cleveland Brown or he went somewhere else, And that's pretty damn exciting too, you know so, I also like in what you just said to name your schedule, Aaron, you name it. We'll be open to anything or any any idea in the same way that the sexers are, Like you want to live in New York and take a helicopter Lebron, you know, sure, go for it. You know that that is one hundred percent the analogy, And I can't wait to watch a playoff for sure.
Speaker 2: Rich Eisenshow coming up at noon Eastern on ESPN Radio hosting the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction ceremony on Saturday. What is your role as the host?
Speaker 8: Uh oh, I'm hosting the ESPN coverage actually, with ESPN now having NFL Network and it's fold I'll be on the set noon Eastern with Kurt Warner and Lewis Ridick simulcasting the Saturday coverage. The official role I've got here at the Hall is tonight for the Jacket Dinner, which is just the jewel of the weekend that nobody really sees. It is the first tangible item a Hall of Famer receives to make the reality of their football immortality dawn on them. It is a highly emotionally charged event where they are all introduced one by one. They walked through a gauntlet of all the returning Hall of Famers to the center stage where they received their jacket.
Speaker 7: In the past, this is.
Speaker 8: When Sterling and Shannon Sharp hugged it out and were crying as Sterling slipped the jacket on Shannon. Or the other year where Shannon did it to Sterling. The year that Sterling did it for Shannon. I'll never forget that one because it was again highly emotional, and the two of them hugging it out and crying wound up on the front page of the Canton Repository newspaper. And the next morning I walked into the hotel where all the Hall of Famers were. Dan and I walked in to the lobby and there were only three people Shannon and Sterling getting an earful from the guy who was holding their photograph up at the from the previous night of them crying in the newspaper, and it was Deacon Jones telling them in the most profane manner that there's no crying in football and how dare you.
Speaker 7: Do this the night before?
Speaker 8: Like today's the day the induction, Today's the day you're allowed to cry, but even for a second, and he was f bombing them and it was one of the greatest things I've evered. It's one of those moments you turn around like anybody else seeing this, you know. So that's what tonight's about. But they have given it a new twist here where they they don't have your presenter slip the jacket on your induction presenter. You now choose somebody who's returning from the Hall of Fame. It could be anybody to put the jacket on you, and it makes for some interesting combinations. Joe Thomas asked for Jerome Bettis to put the jacket on him, and many Browns fans who.
Speaker 7: Are here stat.
Speaker 8: Actual Cleveland brown going into the Hall of Fame, like you're choosing a Steeler, Like what gives? It's just that Joe respected Jerome and it's a neat thing. It's just And that's tonight and then tomorrow's the ceremony itself.
Speaker 2: Great to talk to you, have fun and I'll see you in a week.
Speaker 8: That's right, Dan, How How long is the how's everything going for that?
Speaker 7: Where are we?
Speaker 8: So do I get to finally reverse the question to you are you nervous.
Speaker 2: I will be nervous. Yes, I will be I'll be nervous.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want a need to know basis. Okay, I just take direction. I got one thing to do, and that's get through the speech the father daughter dance. I'm not worried about that. Just once the speech is done, probably do a shot and then uh we'll fly me to the moon and go out there and dominate on the dance floor.
Speaker 8: So is that the song?
Speaker 7: Is that the song? Okay?
Speaker 3: For you?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 7: I could do it, you're not.
Speaker 8: I can sing it for you if you need any any you know, to insert myself into your father a moment, you know, but I'm going to serve.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Dan Dan Hicks of NBC can sing Sinatra pretty well. I don't know if you can sing Sinatra?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 8: Is this are you creating sort of a ron Bergen d type moment where we're gonna have a fight.
Speaker 7: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 8: We're gonna step outside for the right.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 7: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 8: But the walking down the aisle, that moment is going to be the.
Speaker 2: The to be moment, isn't it. That'll be bad?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Great, Yes, that'll be just trying not to make eye contact. That's all. Try not to make eye contact with anybody.
Speaker 7: I can't wait.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be great, and Susan, I will be honored to be there to watch watch it all go down.
Speaker 7: Dan, We'll be there, uh.
Speaker 2: This, but reception will probably be a little livelier than yours.
Speaker 8: In the oh. See, I was waiting, I was. I saw the wheels turn there. I was waiting. We were taking family pictures, Dan, But you got behind the bar and started handing out drinks to everybody's That's okay, that's okay, But I understand.
Speaker 2: Okay, I was. I was by my wife, Billy went. I went to a friend of ours wedding, Billy Fairweather, and Billy is a festive guy. Yeah, Billy, Billy f and Fairweather. And at one point I thought the party was lame. The reception and I started ripping the sleeves off of guy's shirts. Don't ask me why, but a guy had his tuxedo shirt on it. I said, did you buy that or rent it? He said, I own it? And I we started tearing off sleeves and we were we were drinking shots of seagrums. I'm going what is going on here? This is sad, sad, So this will be faster time for you.
Speaker 8: To run the show.
Speaker 7: I look forward to it. Then I look forward to it.
Speaker 2: Thank thank you, Rich, Thank you Rich. That's Rich Eisen, host of the Rich Iison Show that's on the mother Ship at newon Easter. Yeah. I was reminded that I did that at a wedding reception, started ripping sleeves off of guys. But I did my own too, and then my wife was like, I'm going to bed. I go all right, hun, yes, Dylan.
Speaker 7: Were you sparing the people's sleeves who had rented tuxes?
Speaker 2: No. It got to the point where I go, this, this is going to be livelier. We're up in Massachusetts and I go, man, come on, let's go and there was nothing there for shots or I'm like this Billy Fairweather, one of the one of the great drinkers. And all sudden I'm going, what is going on here? This is lame? Oh yeah. I don't know if ripping guys shirts sleeves off improved the morale there. I know that there were wives who were upset with me. I'm like, okay, whatever, yes, doing have you been to a dry wedding before. I know that's a thing. Sometimes, Oh it might be a dry wedding, but I don't let it be a dry wedding. You all have a stash. Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 10: I went to a dry wedding which I did not know beforehand, about three years ago, up the coast of Connecticut, and we didn't know going in there was nothing within miles away. If we wanted to shoot out and get something. I went to my car and I had an emergency flask and it got a lot around, a lot arounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now I don't know if i'd been to one. I don't know if i'd go to one. You know, depends if I really like the person. Uh RSVP. Yeah, it's a dry wedding, I can't go. Yes doing What about a cash bar wedding. I've been to that before. I've been to that before. It's awkward because it feels like, if, like you, you're going to invite people, then let's just have open bar and uh now you can limit maybe how expensive the wine is or the bourbon is or tequila. I'm okay with that. The well drinks as they like to say, yes, doing well.
Speaker 6: I would just sacrifice a bunch of other stuff to make sure that it was an open bar like dinner.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no food, Yeah, no dance for it's mud whatever. You know.
Speaker 2: Well, one of my brothers got married and they served champagne and cake. There was no dinner, and as you might imagine, and by the end of the reception, it's a mess. By the end of the reception, we were piling on top of each other on the dance floor.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: Somebody's head slid into the drum kit. We broke my brother's ribs before his honeymoon. So I blamed him. I said, dude, champagne and cake, you're asking for trouble. And he goes, all the women are gonna love it. I go, okay, all right, let's see how that works. It was a mess. It was like Coachella for my family. Uh, the good old times. That marriage didn't last though. Us take a break here, have to payoff. Yeah's h let's take a break here. More phone calls coming up. Uh, Pablo Torre uncovers Kawhi Leonard's other hidden sponsorship. He'll join us at the top of the hour. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the Nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Bone Thugs and Harmony. This might be the first time I've listened to Bone Thugs and Harmony. Marvin, thank you.
Speaker 12: This is both Thugs and harmony in your favorite the Notorious Big A little ditty called notorious Thugs.
Speaker 2: Okay, kind of reminds me of us notorious thugs.
Speaker 12: Yes, kind of reminds me of us, all five of us.
Speaker 2: Ye, m okay, not too threatening in here, yes, marmon.
Speaker 12: And also thugs. Thugs don't do homework. So with Fritzy myself, we did. We did homework so fair, and we wear seat belts like thugs don't wear seat belts. Thugs don't do homework. We did those things.
Speaker 2: Uh, Andrew in Atlanta, Hi Andrew, what do you have for me today?
Speaker 4: Good morning GP. A couple of quick the questions where are a couples? Given the Jean Robinson and the career gif signs? Do you want to be the team that sets the market or reacts to the market? And I have a pizza Wendays at Wednesday suggestion a New York style white pie with Darlic cloones the base recruiter cheese and other cheeses of cheese as a topper for fritzel and very quickly. Meet Friday is probably not the greatest name for a resource.
Speaker 6: Yes, Dylan, So so on Wednesdays, we're having quiet pizza. According to Yes, how about clam pizza that that's big in New Haven.
Speaker 2: Clam pizza, yeah, white clam pizza. Yeah, yes, all right, but thank you for the suggestion there. David in Ohio, Hi David, what do you have?
Speaker 11: Hey Dan, Happy Meet Friday. Nobody Dan Dylan's bet slip is the only thing that needed Jude Wi chapter last night. He went into the Hall of Fame game thinking Kenny Pickett was going to find the end zone. Meanwhile, Haines King walked in, sported the touchdown, and crowned himself the King of Canton. I'm starting to think Haines King has the full setup Haines underwear for support, dude watches for when he ruins his fantasy bet.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, David, Thank you Aaron and fort Wayne hi Erin, what do you have for me?
Speaker 4: Hey Dan, Happy Meet Friday?
Speaker 15: Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 13: Well, I saw this take by the Purdue athletic director this morning.
Speaker 4: Coffee shot directly.
Speaker 5: Out of my nose.
Speaker 13: I gotta be honest with you. There's only one way to describe what he said. I mean, it's ridiculous and hilariou. Purdue doesn't win anything except maybe underwater chess. They're literally the little engine that couldn't dan. And uh, they like to call our five banners the dusty banners. Well, at least we have those banners, you know what I'm saying. And Kurt Signetic he never called anybody out like he said they sucked. That's a little bit different because they do suck and we don't like them. And they're literally the yin to our yang. Purdue West Lafayette.
Speaker 4: Smells like a dirty rag.
Speaker 13: Bloomington is a beautiful town, and uh, you know, Bloomington full of hot chicks, Purdue full of a snag.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank thank you, Eric, thank you. Uh, it's play nice, Okay, it's a Friday, play nice, you know. Come on, Yes, Marvin, we got to tack somebody's wife and their teeth. Apparently, I think he called them snaggle two somethings. Tony in South Carolina, Hi Tony.
Speaker 5: Hey DP, longtime listener, first time caller six foot Fluffy one ninety eight, just wanted to bring up something for Fritzie as a suggestion. A former girlfriend of mine, Butcher to Holland Oakes song you thought the words were kiss is on my list. So if he should get a chance to possibly get picked back with Darius, maybe get back on stage, maybe he could give that a shot. Also, just want to ask border Brad Cheeth head from outside Milwaukee, just live in South Carolina right now. Want to see if you guys, I'm sure Polly has had it before, but see if you guys have tried some spotted cow, some farm farmhouse ale while you're up there, and what are your thoughts on nobody talking about the Brewers? It's all I got.
Speaker 2: Well, I did talk about the Brewers. I was like, why didn't you try to get Derek's scuble? And look, I know inundated by Brewers fans. Why are we going to give up our top? You know, shortstop, you know prospect. I understand all of that, but at what point does a team a GM and owners say this is the year we're all in and not like Jerry Jones saying that he was all in. I'm talking about let's go for it. Are you always going to be in the on the right lane in the highway or maybe the middle lane in the highway, but afraid to get into the left lane. I get some point if I can keep Schooble away from the Dodgers, and I think if we get Schooble, we would be the favorites. Now. I mean, you want to keep him away from them, and you want to be able to bolster your rotation and give you a little more depth than you had last season, certainly come postseason time. So that was the only point that I made about the Brewers. You got the third best odds to win the World Series. But do people think you're going to win the World Series over the Dodgers? Now, maybe they do. But if you're that close, it's you, the Yankees, and the Dodgers. That's a short list. Yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 10: The Brewers are seventy too and forty three, first team in baseball to seventy wins. They've outscored their opponents by one hundred and forty one runs. They're not good, they're very good. And you're saying put the icing on the cake step on the gas, Yes.
Speaker 2: But I want to keep Terrek Skub away from the Dodgers. Now, maybe you couldn't have gotten him, but I feel like, did you make an offer that the Tigers would have to go wait a minute here, this is a better offer. And if it's true that the reports you made an offer, okay, did they at least, you know, negotiate. Did they come back and say, well, can you throw in can you put in this? Can you take out that? Whatever it might be. But for Terrek Scuobel and I know it's a rental, but winning a World Series in Milwaukee would feel a whole lot different than the Dodgers winning another World Series. Final Hour on the way Kawhi and the Clippers, the story doesn't go away. Who's in the confessional? Paulie is okay? Also Rick Neuheisel, we'll talk some college football with him. Final hour in this meet Friday after this