Speaker 1: Forever. Hey guys, I'm sorry. I was sitting a text, a shady S text. What were you gonna say? I said about the light up for tomorrow? Oh okay, look at you. Yeah, shod shoddy shod.
Speaker 2: Word of the week shod shoddy spelled just like shade, but pronounced shod shod. Listen, if Marie sounds off, it's because we went to trap karaoke last night and it is the thing to do if if it's in your city, you have to freaking go.
Speaker 1: You got it so much fun.
Speaker 3: I mean, I will say though, it was the ratio of men to women was like ten to two. When I walked in, I was like, Oh, it's gonna be some niggas in here. But and then the the eight dudes that were there were all gay, and then like two straight ones that.
Speaker 1: Came with us. Yeah right, yeah, I mean it was a good night because you know, straight Deuce, we ruined things. But I was like, it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: So I was like, some it's gonna give me a hennessy shot. I was like, it's gonna be a good night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I might find a new hope for twenty twenty in here tonight. Andrew. You know any rap songs, rap song? Yeah, yeah, Andrew's a barb.
Speaker 4: I have a barb.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So you wait, hold on, so you know a whole Nikki song from top to.
Speaker 4: Bottom multiple Yeah, like you could wrap the song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's your favorite?
Speaker 4: Revenge is a classic.
Speaker 1: I'll give us a little preview, a little taste, a little.
Speaker 2: Okay, because this is the thing about trap karaoke. You go up there, they play the music, and then they stop and you have to do it occupied.
Speaker 1: And they don't provide the words. They don't provide the words. I got to be able to just wrap it or like up there by yourself from the heart.
Speaker 2: And it's performance though, It's like, don't come up there and just try to do the words, like you have to give them a.
Speaker 1: People were dropping it low, people were popping it up. People are ripping the split of their dress.
Speaker 2: You have to pretend that you are that person. I mean people were in their church heels.
Speaker 1: People were going, oh my god, that lady had on her work shoots.
Speaker 3: You dropping it low in a church kitten and tail aloft nine whist situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they looked like usher acolytes. It was great. I don't okay, well, go ahead. Andrew gave us a little taste of you.
Speaker 4: Were there any Nikki songs last night?
Speaker 1: Surprisingly? Not surprisingly? No?
Speaker 4: No, no, right.
Speaker 2: Wait no no, no they did. They did Piggybank, Oh yeah, which is a good one. That's like when Nikki was Nikki, right, that's mixed mixtape Nikki. Yeah, mixtape Nikki was superb. I think that that's how she got the deal.
Speaker 1: Six. Then you make the money and sign the contract and you go pop. Okay, let's stop. You got to sell her kmart merch.
Speaker 5: Let's stop the deflecting. Let's go, Andrew.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to deflect because I don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: Well okay, well, give us like a tiny piece like your favorite part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, no, because I usually stop. I don't say the words like you.
Speaker 2: Because it all says nigga, nig So he'd be in his house though, no.
Speaker 1: Drop it low.
Speaker 2: Then he'd be on his his his piece, whatever piece he has for the week, piece for the week, piece for the week.
Speaker 1: Do you have a piece for the week? I had a piece last week? You did?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like talking about them no more because they'd be listening to the podcast.
Speaker 5: Why do you guys have to ruin it for everybody?
Speaker 1: It wasn't really that memorable. I mean it was fine, but you want to yelp it how many stars? Bitch? I'm gonna tell you off site?
Speaker 2: Okay, off site, Andrew, piece of the Week.
Speaker 4: I was supposed to have a Piece of the week last night, and it was so unfortunate. Trick Patrick downtown literally like a twelve inch stick.
Speaker 1: No, I don't believe you got a picture.
Speaker 4: I do have a well we need to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta see and it's something better be in the photo for scale so we can see.
Speaker 4: No, you understand, you will see it.
Speaker 1: Well, Andrew, you could take a twelve inch dick.
Speaker 4: I only ate breakfast and then so.
Speaker 1: You get ate some dick.
Speaker 4: And then he just like kept on like pushing it further and further back, like the time.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was like pushing what back?
Speaker 4: And then he was ultimately and I was like he said he was free, and then he was like, okay, come over, and I was like, okay, I'm coming over. And then he said some other time. It can't it's too late. Now what.
Speaker 1: That's not twelve inches?
Speaker 4: And that looks that's soft. That's right.
Speaker 1: I don't that don't look like twelve inches, friend, I mean from this angle.
Speaker 2: Wait, let me see, let me see eight No, double ditch really is not twelve maybe nine, that's not twelve inches. Wow, this is nice, though, really nice. This is really good. So you come them into the paintings, the whole thing, like.
Speaker 4: The abs are pictures?
Speaker 1: What does he says? Which way do we scrow? Ah? Is that him?
Speaker 4: That's him?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay, he's like a few inches shorter than me. Yes, but you're six one. I'm six two.
Speaker 1: Okay, you don't need somebody tall. Yeah, it's okay, Okay, Andrew, I see him in his calvins. Okay, that's not the dick that I expected. When I see him with clothes, I.
Speaker 4: Know it's perfect gwart. So we postponed it, I suppose, and it was just not worth starving myself the entire day for I mean, you didn't get none.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't worth it.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Wow. The lesson here is eat what you want so you can get your piece of the week, because they may raly not canceled on you. I mean, have you had him before you've had him?
Speaker 4: No? No, we've tried to make it work before I canceled before you know, it's his turn.
Speaker 1: So okay, So now y'all are even even. But that's fun.
Speaker 2: That's the chase, like wanting to see somebody and the build up and then it like gets canceled.
Speaker 1: But you get three of those get you don't get three, get two of them. You get two of them. I get two.
Speaker 5: Everybody gets to cancel at least twice.
Speaker 3: No, you had to cancel one time, one time, and then I get to cancel one time and then that's it.
Speaker 1: There's no more cancelation after that.
Speaker 2: To be honest, when people are like so available, that like makes me dry, you know, like you gotta you gotta give me some kind of chase, like you was just you was just free off during the week.
Speaker 1: You don't have a day job. You have a night job. You don't work a night job.
Speaker 3: No, Sydney, they had a plan last night. Last night is the weekend.
Speaker 4: When did you make the plan yesterday morning?
Speaker 1: See?
Speaker 5: No, that's too no.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: And then he said the windows started at three. And this is why I was mad, because I was like, okay, I'm hungry now at noon, you know, for lunch and I'm like, okay, if I could just make it past three, and then it got further and further and I.
Speaker 3: Was sis, you should have been like ah no, And see that's I was talking to Sidney about this the other day.
Speaker 1: I don't like feeling like that.
Speaker 3: So for me, like, I'm notody, that's gonna like just keep patiently waiting for you to make space or make time for me. Once I start to feel like I'm getting played, or I start to feel stupid, or I start to feel desperate, I I start deleting people's phone numbers. I'm not even gonna like lash out at you. I'm just not gonna I'm just not gonna reach out. I'm making it so that I can't reach out to you no more. I know, I'm deleting numbers and I'm letting you text me, and then I'm gonna be like, I know this is it's okay to be played a little bit.
Speaker 4: You're the one that's playing.
Speaker 1: Maybe what you're talking about just do.
Speaker 4: You know me? Anybody ever play you?
Speaker 1: All the time?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: Who's playing?
Speaker 2: That was many many moons ago, but I mean, yeah, people have played games with me. I'm not as well.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying as an adult, like I'm not you not making me feel like a twelve year old, like I know what does and does not work for me, and I'm the only person that's allowed to waste my time just.
Speaker 2: Be that is that is a word, okay, message, that's the only the only person we should make that merch.
Speaker 5: We haven't said merchant a while. Now that we have merch merch shot, we gotta we gotta make up some more shirts.
Speaker 1: Andrew, and what do you want to say?
Speaker 4: I want yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah we do need that. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes we do need What's another thing. I don't know if we haven't been saying any like catchphrases in a while, but we got to sell the merchant we have, friend, I think we're they don't get we haven't seen anything.
Speaker 1: I have, No, we have none, we have none?
Speaker 5: So should we do that for like ongoing piece of the week.
Speaker 4: And he said, here, you're trying to make segments now, yeah, I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I'm trying.
Speaker 5: I'm throwing these for twenty twenty. I just want to be a little bit more together, you.
Speaker 3: Know, by being on your phone the entire podcast and texting, because that's not really being together.
Speaker 1: Sis. You gotta hear you ain't put your phone down.
Speaker 5: And I was late. See I gave Marie such a hard time.
Speaker 1: See I didn't even bring it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I gave such a hard time last week. And that's why the universe works. So that's why you can't be so self righteous people. You see how that is With the same token you be giving somebody a hard time, it's gonna come back and then you're gonna be in the same spot as them, and then you're gonna be like, ah, no, I see why they were late.
Speaker 1: How late were you to do?
Speaker 4: You're only like ten minutes late?
Speaker 2: I was eighteen minutes okay, Andrew, I was I round it down, a round up. I was almost like Marie last week. Yeah, she was twenty two minutes late.
Speaker 1: I oh, I thought I was twenty minutes late. It was twenty two.
Speaker 3: We added two minutes to it because we could go back and listen to the episode.
Speaker 1: It's say exactly how many me news.
Speaker 4: No, but you said that you wanted to stop being late in the last solo episode. I think that was your news New Year's resolution.
Speaker 1: I think that was my resolution.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm trying to stop being late to everything so much.
Speaker 2: But it's just like we've talked about this before. There's no way you can be on time in New York City unless you leave your house an hour and a half before.
Speaker 3: That's not true, it is. I know people who are on time to things. I know people who are early. I just hate and every early every time I see.
Speaker 2: Them on time, I'm like, oh, you have nothing else to do, Sydney, be here on time. It seems like you have an issue with people being available and having time to do stuff. The nerve I do, the audacity, I do the negorosity. Well, you know what the thing is is that I used to be on time all the time because you didn't have nothing to do exactly, and to be first.
Speaker 5: It doesn't feel good when you're just waiting around.
Speaker 1: I hate that. It sucks.
Speaker 3: Anytime we do and I get there early, I be like, oh, this is gross.
Speaker 2: And then you see people who are there before. You're like you, literally, this is your night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'd be sitting there by myself and I'm like, I'm never gonna be on time again. They're running in a in a in a cloud of sorry. Then just be sitting there for twenty minutes by myself.
Speaker 2: It kind of makes my nipples hard being late, you know, just that that rush that you get, the anxiety, especially when you text somebody like hey, almost there and they don't write back because they're just like, bitch, i'll know you not near.
Speaker 1: No, it's not why you.
Speaker 4: Double texted this morning that you were late, birl. And I was like, I don't, I don't mind that you're you sweat this point, oh.
Speaker 2: Shod shoddy boots, friend, not shot facts shoty fix?
Speaker 1: Were you?
Speaker 2: Uh? You have gotten your nails done consistently, like for the past three months now, yeah.
Speaker 1: But I let them sit for like three or four weeks. And it's just it's I like seeing you like this because I'm bald, friend, and I need people, So you can't have raggedy nails. Any people to know that I'm a female. That's it. That's all people know that you're a woman.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, yeah yeah, shut up, sir, excuse me, sir, I just I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Also, my nails were not growing, they were like they kept peeling, So I was like, well, maybe if I do this stupidest of this things. They'll grow, and they've been growing. But this lady, every time I get them done, they cut them down and it's like, well, what's the point.
Speaker 5: Your hands look so sexy, Like I'm very attracted to them.
Speaker 1: Girl, you just horning? Did you guess? On this morning?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I use that, Doc Johnson.
Speaker 2: I used it, and I mean I might as well talk about it on the on the pod. You know, I heard my landlord having sex yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you say landlord. It sounds so funny. She is my landlord. I give her the rent. She's not your landlord. She comes down and like checks on things. She makes sure the heat is on.
Speaker 5: I complained to her all the time, and she makes things happen.
Speaker 1: Wow he her.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh baby, let me tell you now, my landlord is you know.
Speaker 5: Like she's quote unquote plus size.
Speaker 2: But when I heard the moones coming out of the room, I was like, well, that's the size.
Speaker 1: Zero beside zero. So yeah, the moons were faint. It sounded sounded real skinny, girl, they sound like low blood pressure moones.
Speaker 2: Understanding it was, it was real high pitched. It didn't sound like my friend at all. I was like, is there a white woman in there. What's going on? Felt very porno?
Speaker 1: How long did you stay there with your creepy ass? How long did you sit and listen?
Speaker 2: Oh the whole time, the whole fucking time downstairs. Yes, go home, roger By Cramer, I sat down.
Speaker 1: I mean it was she was late to work.
Speaker 5: It was at least ten, ten twelve minutes.
Speaker 1: Wait, you were there for ten twelve minutes? Is that gross? A little bit?
Speaker 4: That's not a little bit.
Speaker 1: Don't listen to Andrew. It was gross, a little bit nasty. I was like intrigues. I wasn't turned on. I was just like, weren't you though? You have your little rush?
Speaker 2: I mean he was breaking that damn wall down, like go off Kings, it's your world.
Speaker 1: You made her ready. That's that.
Speaker 2: Wakanda or wakanda for the weekend, for the weekend, for the weekend.
Speaker 5: I mean, I would I would like to hear you one day.
Speaker 1: What, oh my god, are you trying to meet to me in the studio right now?
Speaker 3: You would like to hear me? This is what I sound like when I have sex. What you're trying to do right now?
Speaker 1: You baby smoke? Break really yo?
Speaker 2: I just I'm just saying that I just laughed the entire time. It's not necessarily true, but you know whatever.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm very loud. I'm a lowd one.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm a vocal person. You I might not talk that much in conversation.
Speaker 1: You do though, but you do? Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Chatty Kathy? I feel like that's you, Marie. You're the one that talks the most. We can On and Off we could run back the table this tonight episodes On and Off the Pod Andrew speak on it.
Speaker 4: You just sort of fall back a little bit.
Speaker 1: Because Sidney be on her phone. When Sydney is when.
Speaker 3: Sydney is like locked in and and like present and looking at her phone to like read questions that people have sent us or like pre written stuff, she's on it, but like for the most part, she just be literally like what she did today. She'll be on her phone, like, well, let me see if I could set up my piece of the week for next week.
Speaker 1: No, I feel like that's what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Never I was gonna post a picture for us, but yeah, you know, if we ever go on a.
Speaker 5: Trip and you know, I'm in the other room and.
Speaker 2: My friend brings back somebody I'm gonna put a glass to the wall. I might even even I might even go to the door and put my air gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want to know mhm.
Speaker 2: It's nobody is interested in hearing what their friends sounds like getting their backboned out.
Speaker 1: Nobody just me. I mean I feel like I would want to hear a little bit. But yeah, ten to twelve, I had time. Did you do that?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: I was running late, but I had time. And then she came out and she's like, you were here the whole time.
Speaker 5: Yes, Sis, you didn't hear a blowdryer.
Speaker 1: Oh no blow drying.
Speaker 5: You couldn't end a blow dry because she was too busy getting that.
Speaker 1: The She was too busy getting her back blown out. Like I was a missed opportunity right there. Yeah, it was fine.
Speaker 2: I mean, I want all my friends to feel it and have fun, live their life.
Speaker 1: And I mean to see my landlord just coming out.
Speaker 2: You she had a skirt on, but she pulled it all the way up above her kitties. She put the skirt on as a dress like an old person, lord, you know, and I've seen her naked, So I was just thinking about the whole situation.
Speaker 1: I think that I would.
Speaker 3: I think that we would all be curious just to hear what it sounds like for our friends to have sex. But I think all of us would be embarrassed if we came out and our friends were standing there.
Speaker 1: She caught us yasp like, and she ain't got no shame. So the fact that she.
Speaker 2: Had shame, she was like, wait, you were here the whole time. I said, yeah, I was, And I looked there dead and eye. I was like, yep, you're gross friends. And then she didn't address that, like obviously our heart. She's like, did you hear anything?
Speaker 3: And I was quiet, and then I got right and so she did address in the group chat. I was like, yo, somebody had fun this morning. Yeah, but morning sex is nice.
Speaker 1: I think I haven't had morning sex in a long time, Andrew, because.
Speaker 4: It's always like two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: Ah, well, you'd be having late night sex, night out, yeah, night not morning person sex.
Speaker 4: No natural light. No, it doesn't do it for me.
Speaker 1: But you're so pretty, but your like skin is like alabaster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my god, thank you. This is the first time that you guys have ever really been nice to me.
Speaker 3: And we saw those kind of I was still kind of being a little shady. Alabasta is a compliment for you don't know what that word means. It means, it means porcelain white.
Speaker 2: And I've seen I've seen your back. Thank you, it's been nice back. So that paper plates those are.
Speaker 3: Cute, a little serrophoned, the little school plate cute.
Speaker 2: Done it does I could I could see somebody having fun with you, Andrew.
Speaker 1: You think that we're not nice to you, that is that's crazy, mind. I kissed you on your forehead. No, that's what was not nice. Totus stuff when you live.
Speaker 4: I mean, you guys want to beat us sing Nicki Minaj And I was like, no, I'm not falling for this trap because I know that you know you say the word no, no, no, because because then you guys would just be like just making roasting me.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, So we went to trap karaoke and Alex did make an estallion and he was so fucking good.
Speaker 1: I have a newfound respect for him. What he was great? Like, Alex was great, but you have a new found respected him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because he sang a wretched ass Megan the Stallion song.
Speaker 2: Well, it was his whole performance I want to see him one hustle and flow.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: And I was like, if you just applied that to your comedy, no.
Speaker 2: Joking, that's not mean, that's mean.
Speaker 1: No, don't don't. Don't take shot from from me that he has a great stage presence. He's he's a good guy. He's a great guy.
Speaker 5: He was so good last night.
Speaker 2: It's so intimidating because you just don't want to not know the worst.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 3: Emina got on stage and I was like, I mean, I'll come on stage with you. I'm trying to pull Sydney up. Sidney doesn't want to get on stage. She doesn't want to get on stage at all. She's just like, nah, you were rapping complete bars, like full songs. And then as soon as we were and you're a ham, sis you be performing. I was like, Sis, come on state with us.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: You guys looks so cute. I was like, oh, m and a. Do you guys have a podcast? Would you guys listen?
Speaker 5: If Marie and Amina had a podcast separate from this one.
Speaker 1: I would replace this one with Amina. Really, baby, maybe Alex, you.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't do such a thing. That's a lot of work to do. You know how far we've come.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of work. A podcast starting, a whole podcast. I would start. I would just we would just record here and not tell you he was here. What Andrew would not let that go down?
Speaker 2: How we would get a different producer.
Speaker 1: We have We'd be like, look, Alex is not really working out? Would Andrew here?
Speaker 3: Also, Sydney's not really you know? And I said the podcast no more. So here's a mina. She's a mother and Alex he's a thought and.
Speaker 1: Mother for thought. Yeah, mother for thought. That's the podcast. Yeah, sure, Uh what other news do we have?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What else is going on with you this week? Well?
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, my dresser came. We didn't put it together, but it's here. I got my jacket, it's here. Like my packages are coming to my apartment now, and it's making me happy because I was tracking them a lot. Okay, obviously this is not like you know, spicy, but this is what's going on in my life. No, I was gonna ask you a follow up question. Okay, sorry, you're sensitive. Yeah, so who's gona put the dresser together? Says, because I'm not coming back out.
Speaker 1: There to do that for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was unfortunate. Yeah that was so you won't you won't. I'm gonna, okay, test grab it. Have you guys hired anybody from tast Rabbit?
Speaker 1: No, I will trust them. Stranger dangers in home? Why talk to me? I don't even know what that is they're doing? No paintings hung up in his house? Yeah?
Speaker 5: How did you put your stuff together in your home?
Speaker 4: My parents helped me?
Speaker 1: Oh privilege? Okay, fuck you? Yeah, I don't relate. I can't. Sorry, sorry saying that your parents helped you.
Speaker 4: My dad is a construction worker. My mom's an interior designer.
Speaker 6: Oo.
Speaker 1: Wait, your mom is an interear like Gray Sadler design.
Speaker 4: And they're both retired now.
Speaker 1: But yeah, oh damn. I'm like, she wouldn't do no pro bona.
Speaker 4: For us, and she works for people that she knows now, like she'll just do special projects, well she knows us.
Speaker 1: What's your mom's name?
Speaker 4: Kathy?
Speaker 1: Kathy? Yes, yes, yes, Kathy? Oh my god, Alex English mom named Capri. That was why I love that Capri, Caprie and Kathy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I become a mom, like my mom's name is Sydney, that's just just too casual.
Speaker 5: It doesn't feel like a mom named Marie feels like I'm.
Speaker 2: Very but somehow you were able to rebrand Marie.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now when I hear somebody who has Marie, I'm like, Oh, they're gonna be like, they're gonna be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna be loud.
Speaker 3: When I meet somebody named Marie, I'll be like, yuck, your name is gross. Any Time I talk about somebody that my name is Marie, they're like, oh, that's my middle name. And I always say it's my middle name too, and they're like, oh, your name is Marie Marie.
Speaker 2: And I'd be like, that would be cool. Actually, no, it would not. I would take that. No, you would know you're such a star that Marie Marie makes you.
Speaker 5: Should you should reburn.
Speaker 1: Sydney whatever you had for breakfast this morning. I feel like I need because you are in glorious mood.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, So ZLAF was not working for me. I can't so literally having a mental breakdown. I called Marie bawling uh and.
Speaker 1: It was not working.
Speaker 2: I was not sleeping and I was stressed out and I had that thoughts and I wasn't eating.
Speaker 1: So now I'm one real butrin and I feel great. You hear it? Do you hear? I really do feel good. It's insane.
Speaker 4: I was on well beatrimp for a while and I felt that same way at the beginning too.
Speaker 1: Oh at the beginning, you're saying, take this from me.
Speaker 4: I mean it's not the same forever.
Speaker 1: So what was your experience?
Speaker 4: I just said, I don't know. I liked at the beginning of that, I was just like, I know, I don't think that it is working, but you don't know what to really like apply like okay, if I'm am, I just having a bad time, or you know, all these other factors, So I don't know, it might not be in the well be a trend. So how long were you wanted for a few months, like two or three months.
Speaker 1: And you were happy for the first Yeah, and it.
Speaker 4: Was like working for a little while.
Speaker 1: For how long? Can you tell me?
Speaker 2: I will schedule some things around this happy around the shore right now? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I will, Marie.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go skating and he's gonna teach me how to skate.
Speaker 4: You want to skate skate like Brent Park.
Speaker 2: No, oh, ice skating is too advanced. Yeah, roller skates, Oh, roller skating. Yeah, I've it's the season to go ice skating though, Yeah, but we don't. We don't do things rollers.
Speaker 1: Not that far from here, there's a place that like there's a rink that's opening up, Like is it a pop up? No, I think it's just the rink that's opening up. They have all the gross rink.
Speaker 3: Carpet, you know what I'm talking about, like that ugly like I feel like bowling at least have that same like gross carpet too.
Speaker 2: I just love skating because it reminds me when I was in California, like my childhood. I always appreciate me as a kid in California because I was able to do things said city kids just they're not really.
Speaker 1: Capable of doing. They don't know about.
Speaker 5: Skating and skating.
Speaker 3: And they're skating in New York's, they're skating in Brooklyn, and they're.
Speaker 2: They're skating for their life. They're they're skating to get away from something. I'm skating because I'm truly in love with it and I have real talent. Oh my god, Okay, Grissy, I'm a Gucci heard juices?
Speaker 1: Heard you, Tara Lipinski? That's me? Wow? Yeah, your references are very hot. Shut up, Sydney. This well, Sydney.
Speaker 3: When I saw Sidney last night at Trap karaoke, she was so happy and I didn't singing.
Speaker 1: Like that is so long and me and I Mena just kept screaming. Well, well, I was at the diner and I held Ma's hand and she let me. Did you hold my hand? Yeah? Let me.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that you thought it was someone else.
Speaker 1: I was sitting next to Sydney. I don't remembers holding hand. Sydney is so gay. I love it gross. Anyway, this diner best waffle in the city.
Speaker 2: Yo, what's the most what's the most expensive waffle you have ever paid?
Speaker 1: Expensive? It's like what I didn't pay Oh yeah, we did not. I didn't even look at the price.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't even think it's like sixteen eighteen dollars for this waffle. Well, it's a sexy as waffle. I feel like the chef.
Speaker 1: Put his dick, the tip of his dick in the batter or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was, or or you could just tell that the chef is like happy who works there because he makes it right.
Speaker 1: He putting well buttrin in the waffles. Yeah, he just greating it in there like like nutmeg.
Speaker 5: Okay, we want to do a holiday party too.
Speaker 1: No, we want to have a we want to have a New Year's Eve party. Oh, it's a different it's a different thing. Sorry, holiday implies like you knows.
Speaker 2: Well, we need to figure this out now because it's going to be the New year in three weeks.
Speaker 1: Do you guys know that?
Speaker 4: Do you guys know that? Do you guys have calendars?
Speaker 2: Sorry, well, when this comes out, I don't know when it's coming out what you do.
Speaker 4: It's like coming out like the week before New Year's Eve.
Speaker 1: This comes out on Friday. What are y'all talking about? We do this every week.
Speaker 4: Wait, no, no, no, because I already have an episode ready because we already recorded a solo episode.
Speaker 1: We did two. Okay, you know this is weird conversation. It's hard to keep up. No, I thought that the next one.
Speaker 4: Have a solo episode already. Remember the day that you came in for one episode, just the solo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the twenty twenty vision.
Speaker 2: No, okay, check your records and we'll put a pin on that and we'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: I think that was twenty twenty visions.
Speaker 4: Then Alex, and then we have another one, but the ready oh you do, yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, says so otherwise it's coming out in two weeks. Okay, Sydney. You be asking like when does this come out? It either comes out this week or it comes out next week.
Speaker 2: Well, I just I want to keep the fans or the listeners like I want them to be present, like what we're thinking about at the moment, and that's what I'm thinking about.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, no, I don't think that they care a friend. They're just trying to get to work and they're like listening to us, be like, well, how do we have literally about that? They love it?
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean we have gotten so many d ms recently, not.
Speaker 2: About people that are like, we love how y'all be scheduled in the pod.
Speaker 3: No one is messaging us about that, not literately. Literally, no one is like, well I love that this came out right after thanks.
Speaker 1: Nobody can't. No one, not at all.
Speaker 2: And they always talk about how they're like going to work or they're at work, and it's just wonderful that we're the escape that from your stupid ass job.
Speaker 3: I love that that you're sitting in your car right now we are You're sitting on the I don't know the train, the t is that a train system.
Speaker 2: The train or whatever the hell you're doing, or you're sitting.
Speaker 1: On your Yallama's back on the way to work. We love it. I think that it's cool that people listen to us. But it's also a little bit weird. No, it's not, it's not. It's a little bit weird.
Speaker 3: Great that I sit here in this chair and I'm talking to my friend and I say things not really thinking about them, and then in a week's time someone is listening to it, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like and then messaging you about it. It's crazy, you know, wild and Andrew. I mean, I don't know how your d ms are, but they d about you, and it's just like, okay, well then what would he just start his own pa?
Speaker 4: Then what would that be about?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You tell me, Okay, what.
Speaker 3: Are your what's your what is your expertise? What are you good at? Okay, let's unpack this.
Speaker 1: Yeah my expertise, Yeah, a couple of things that you think that you're like good at.
Speaker 4: I guess what would it be called? Online dating dating apps? I think you're good at dating dating. I would have like a lot of funny things to say about that.
Speaker 2: I think you're good at I think you're good at like hookups, Like you're just good at it, like it happens like you do will be hooking up. Yeah, you never not have a hookup.
Speaker 4: No, I really haven't had sex like in months now.
Speaker 1: Months, Laurel. What's the last time?
Speaker 4: This is why, Like last night was such a disappointment that it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: It might just feel like it's well, when's the last time?
Speaker 1: Friend? Was it October?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean if someone if someone ate me out, that doesn't count.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I guess that don't count. But like somebody ate you out, why would they not.
Speaker 4: Because they don't want to have sex with you?
Speaker 1: It's your time, you make you make the move, cut up the week.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so wait, so you guys might have come over and talked with salad hold on, and you don't.
Speaker 1: Give them nothing.
Speaker 4: I'll like suck them.
Speaker 1: The way you said. It's like you throwing throwing some in the garbage. Suck them. I'll throw a hot pocket in.
Speaker 4: For him, yo, Andrew, it's late and then like after like I feel so bad, but it's like, do you feel bad, So.
Speaker 1: Do you get your ass?
Speaker 2: Eight?
Speaker 1: And then you were like and then you I gotta be up in the morning for right.
Speaker 4: But it's like yeah, if them at the bar, they're like, hey, like where do you live? I'm like right around the corner. And then they're like, okay, I really want to eat you out. They are initiating the eating out, you know.
Speaker 1: Is that how the dialogue is for you guys? I guess that's how the men be doing this.
Speaker 2: I really want to Oh my god, okay wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm back on these dating apps, live in my best life, you know, really trying to thrive. And this guy sent me a message and it just said You're gonna let me eat your ass.
Speaker 1: You're gonna let me eat your ass.
Speaker 3: And I was like, and Carolina was like, the answer is yes, and I was like, no, i' must say.
Speaker 1: Probably, you know, just to keep them on his toes. I was like, ha ha, probably have you ever gone your ass?
Speaker 2: Mmm?
Speaker 1: I feel like somebody tried once. I feel like you're weird, you're too.
Speaker 5: Like silly to get my ass. A yeah, you're goofy.
Speaker 4: I don't like the probably response because then it makes it sound like you have like poop poo down there, Like.
Speaker 1: No, probably, I said, like maybe.
Speaker 4: I was like, hell, maybe it depends on what happened.
Speaker 5: When everybody has poopoo down there, don't do that.
Speaker 3: I don't have poo down there. My buddy is smooth today. Ain't no dingle berries back there tonight. What I'm saying, no wild thornberries and use baby wipes every time.
Speaker 1: No, but I haven't pooped yet today, that's all. Okay, I'm not pooped. Friend.
Speaker 2: I just feel like we shouldn't shame people if you know, if there's a little something, or if there's if there's a little like a little smell, just it's natural, Sittney.
Speaker 1: You guys, something you want to get off your chest, somebody want to get off your ass. Friend, you just have to be honest, you have to be.
Speaker 2: Said maybe, and then he stopped responding to me, or he was like he said, oh, I guess that's super mundane now, And I was like, I don't know if it's mundane.
Speaker 3: I just said maybe because you asked so nicely. You he was like, he was like, I'm nothing but a gentleman.
Speaker 1: And we stopped talking. So I guess he's not gonna eat my butt.
Speaker 3: But I feel like, yeah, that's that's when people ask me, now what I'm looking for on these apps, or like why I'm what I need or what I want.
Speaker 1: I'm very honest. I just feel like it's easier to just be honest. You know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I ever want to go back on apps. I don't think that's for me, you know, Okay, I feel like I have to. I'm already on when I'm doing comedy. I don't have to be on some more for these fucking apps. People ask you some dumb ass questions and they try to do more than what it is. It's like, ah, well, yeah suck. I one hundred percent agree with you that they suck.
Speaker 3: But people also like, people don't really approach me in real life at all, and.
Speaker 2: You guys need to fucking stop doing that approach her.
Speaker 3: Yes, I also like when they do approach me, I'll be like, what a weirdo, such a stranger danger, you are intimidating.
Speaker 2: I'm your all, I'm your friend, and sometimes I'm scared to say stuff to you.
Speaker 3: Good, but I held your hand last night and you're not afraid to keep saying that you let me help you shut up. Free waffles make me very moist. Me what I'm sold damp damp. I was like the whole booth. We almost drowned in the booth yesterday. That's how moist everybody.
Speaker 1: Was clean for me.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's just I am a codependent person. And that's what I've I've realized that, like it's it's final.
Speaker 1: I am a.
Speaker 2: I am a I'm a codependent person. And for however many years it was like being in a relationship being codependent, and then you know, I'm with you, I'm doing this podcast with you. I'm like codependent and so now I'm just like trying to push myself away from that. And like so I have my apartment and I'm trying to get things together and I'm ordering stuff for me and you know, getting my checks. And I wasn't doing any of that in that relationship.
Speaker 1: You weren't getting your checks.
Speaker 5: I was getting my checks. But I was very dependent on you.
Speaker 1: Weren't taking care of any of your responsibilities. Not really, No, I wasn't.
Speaker 2: I'm very embarrassed, but I'm just being honest, you know, And now I am I pay my rent two months in advance.
Speaker 3: Now I feel so fucking good about it. That means you the next two months gonna be late. If the first two months early, the next two month's gonna be late.
Speaker 2: Yo. I paid December and January, like I feel, yeah, I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna do that. I gotta get checks. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just like nervous that I will fall by the wayside, just knowing myself, you know.
Speaker 1: And I've been spending, so it's just like, let's get it out of the way while I have it. More money is coming.
Speaker 5: But it's just how I'm thinking now.
Speaker 2: And I would never have thought that in a relationship when I was in the religion.
Speaker 5: I would just like let stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was thinking about you this morning when I woke up. I was like, I wonder, what's the last time Sidney went grocery shopping? And I was like, I don't know if Sydney's ever gone grocery shopping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I have not. I have not.
Speaker 2: I've not gone grocery shopping. And that's why living with at Carolina's is hard to because I'm getting right back into code of Penzzy because.
Speaker 5: That bitch is always cooking. She loves cooking.
Speaker 2: She will fry an egg real quick, She'll make a real cute salad. She put garnish in that shit like, she'll bake some bread like everything is always she.
Speaker 3: Do be cooking and she can cook her ass off.
Speaker 1: And it's but Sidney, like you can't live your.
Speaker 3: Life just like no, I was gonna say sucking off on other people I am, but like that's not Yeah, like Sidney, you haven't been grocery shopping in how many years?
Speaker 1: Like that is ah, mind blowing to me.
Speaker 3: But then you looking at Andrew Funny because his parents helped him put his furniture together, you had a lot of nerves hating.
Speaker 1: I'm hating from the size I'm literally because its parents put a little ikea table together.
Speaker 2: Fill it's a podcast, it's probably it was probably c B two like it. Okay, it's the pot calling the kettle gay. That's what's going on right now. Like I'm doing the same ship. But yeah, So it's just been hard for me transitioning as an adult. Like I'm gonna be, you know, next year, and.
Speaker 1: So what goals we got for the next year when you turn.
Speaker 2: For you, I have to I have to cook. I have to make my own food, and I have to. That's so crazy to be saying out loud, but yeah, I just don't cook because I'm always running around and I'm like, oh, I could go to this restaurant or I picked this up and get food real quick, or you know, somebody will make me some food.
Speaker 3: And so I feel like saying you have to cook up top already. Nobody listening believes that supermarket sist. Maybe maybe starts small cyst. Maybe go to the supermarket and pick up some stuff so you're food in your.
Speaker 2: House, or or just start the Hello Fresh thing, or start the Hello Fresh thing, hellow Fresh thing.
Speaker 1: I'll sent you a coupon for three bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they keep emailing me. Why are you why are you smiling? There?
Speaker 4: There's no ads in this episode.
Speaker 2: Because we're diligent with our with our ads. Okay, even after the ads are done, we still plug.
Speaker 3: We did a show together at Club Coming in the East Village this past week and Sydney tried to shout out Doc Johnson, the people who sent us all the vibrators, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, they're not paying us for this.
Speaker 2: Shut up, and she was like, oh, but the the vibrators are good.
Speaker 1: And they paid me in other ways. Baby, they bade me. They definitely bay me.
Speaker 5: They didn't pay me, pay me, but they baby pay me.
Speaker 3: I got paid these vibrators or this one is big. Yeah, I don't know. So yes, I'm saying maybe start small, Maybe start with I'm going to get get some food. Yeah, I'm gonna get the Hello Fresh.
Speaker 2: You know, I ordered ordered a vanity, I ordered a rug I.
Speaker 3: You know we're ordering stuff from for your house, Wayfair, all the places that you gave me coupons for love It list it need it Yeah. So also Facebook marketplace, that's like supposed to be one of the good ones.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, some people know how to take care of themselves early, and I didn't know how to do that.
Speaker 5: Because I had a place by myself. I lived in Harlem.
Speaker 2: I was paying nineteen hundred dollars a month, and I was getting gro no not including utilities, and I was like getting groceries and I was taking care of myself.
Speaker 1: And but you also had a mouse. I was a bad bitch. Fuck you you had a mouse too. Yeah, but you had a mouse and didn't know you had a mouth.
Speaker 2: I had a field mouse because I had a backyard. Okay, I had a little tiny mouse.
Speaker 1: Yes, Sidney, I also had a little tiny mouse. It's because I can you please stop? Can you give me a favorite? Stop? Can you please?
Speaker 3: As No, But Sydney had a mouse and didn't know he had a mouse for mad laws. The only reason you and you've told this story. I don't know why you're being so defensive, right.
Speaker 2: Okay, but because you told the story and you said the mouse was so frustrated because there was no food in your house that one day you were in your room and it just got up on an empty pizza box and.
Speaker 1: Was like, what's up? Why is there no food here?
Speaker 3: You've told that story before, So why are you acting like?
Speaker 1: So I had a tiny mouse too? So you did, and I don't have. I didn't have a yard. It just came from my dirty ass horner neighbors. It was tiny.
Speaker 2: I'm like, did you did your mouse ring a bell and let you know when it's coming through? Like? I, yeah, I didn't know that I had a mouse. For a minute, the nigga was chilling.
Speaker 1: He was chilling somewhere and then finally he was like, yo, what's good?
Speaker 2: It happens nobody knows when a mouse actually comes into the house until like it starts making itself.
Speaker 1: You know, it's apparent that, hey, I'm here anyhow.
Speaker 2: So I had this apartment, I got in a relationship. I was really like happy to just lean on somebody, and now I'm trying to get out of it.
Speaker 1: I'm working on it.
Speaker 2: I'm a work in progress. And that's why I have no problem saying all this stuff out loud. And that's why I breakups are hard because all of the bad habits you had in a relationship, you gotta get out of them so that you can move forward and be with somebody else or just yourself.
Speaker 5: Sure, m hmm, this doesn't feel inviting.
Speaker 1: What your face? That's what I look like. I'm just listening to your talk.
Speaker 5: You got a lot to say, shod I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm great. I know being my friend is exhausting. I'm so sorried. My hands exhausting. But you know, the payoff it's gonna be great. It's gonna be work. What's the like, what are you projecting that the payoff is gonna be Ah?
Speaker 3: I am gonna get it together. I'm gonna well, what's the payoff for me?
Speaker 1: Friend? Seeing your friend thrive. I'm just I'm happy to see you happy right now. I just I feel like this. I'm not gonna say anything else because I'm just saying that I'm being mean. So I'm not gonna say nothing else. I'm literally just gonna sit here.
Speaker 5: No, Andrew, take it back.
Speaker 4: No, because you're having such a good day, I feel.
Speaker 1: Now take it down and take it. It's gonna be. I live in New York.
Speaker 5: Even if I'm having a good day, something's gonna suck it up.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. Homeless man's gonna wipe his different. Yeah, I mean, that's not gonna happen. Said you don't take the train. I'm gonna lose something.
Speaker 2: An AirPod is gonna fall out, and then I'm done, Like I'm gonna lose my phone.
Speaker 1: Something's gonna happen. So it's fine.
Speaker 2: I you know, I I cherish your opinion, and you know I know that.
Speaker 5: I've been bringing stuff down for like a while now.
Speaker 1: So I just think this is. This is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say this, and I'm trying to be as honest and as I'm just gonna be honest for a moment on the podcast. Okay, it's hard for me because I'm so the opposite of everything that you just said. To hear you say that you are like you used to live by yourself and used to take care of your responsibilities and now you take care of none of them and you can like and that's just how you operate. I have been taking care of myself, like my responsibilities forever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I have both of my parents and they still are around and they're in my life or whatever, but like they taught me how to clean and cook and mop and do my own laundry and all stuff that I feel like you also at one point knew how to do, but you don't do anymore.
Speaker 1: And I feel like you have this job.
Speaker 3: And you're making money and you're like making waves and more money is coming. But I also feel like you waste a lot of money, Sydney on stuff that you don't need to waste money on, Like eating out is expensive, Uber's is expensive. Buying stuff that you like think is cool but don't really need is expensive.
Speaker 1: Like all of that stuff is expensive.
Speaker 3: So me, as your friend watching you for the last year, the last six months, the last five years, like operate like this. It doesn't make any sense to me. So I feel like Andrew is calling me mean, but like I bite my tongue more often than not cause I be looking at you like like what, like what is happening? You got a birthday coming up, and like this is like I'm just I'm confused, and I don't know. People don't offer to help me with things. People don't people don't cook for me, people don't put my furniture together when I'm not. I do all of that stuff by myself. So I'm like I can't wrap my head around like anything that you're going through right now. That's that's how I truly and hon it because I'm like I know, I'm like, sister're a grown up, Like you're a full grown up. Yeah, and if you can make time to like be home and like track packages and you can make time to like pack a bag because you know you got this this like you can plan for things that are important to you, but can't plan for things that like should also be important, but you just don't make time for them.
Speaker 1: I just I'm That's why I'm acting like this.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I I totally understand.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Before I was operating like like an alcoholic and so before I just I was like, if I don't have everything in order, then it's going to be like, oh my alcoholism need partying too much is going to be the issue. So I would always stay on top of stuff more than I was supposed to, because I'm like, people will know that I've been drinking all day or I've been doing bumps or whatever. So the way I was working at my actual job, that's how it was working my life.
Speaker 1: So it was like a habit.
Speaker 2: And then as soon as I got sober, all of that stuff just wiped out.
Speaker 3: But why do you think that you got sober and you were like I don't have to take care of my responsibilities.
Speaker 1: No more, or I was like.
Speaker 5: I just went backwards. I went backwards for real.
Speaker 2: I think if I would have got sober and I would have been single, then I would have had to make everything right for myself. But being in a codependent relationship with somebody who obviously loved me and wants to help, like I leaned on that, like I leaned all the way in. Yeah, I can see that, and then that became a habit. That became a habit, and then that's why there was like so much frustration because it's like you want to help somebody and then it's like, okay, but you gotta help yourself, right, And then there was a point where I just could not I didn't know how to help myself. And so yeah, it's it's embarrassing to be where I am right now, but I know that I am truly working on it.
Speaker 3: So and that's really all that we can ask for a friend. Clap it up person, Thank you for your honesty, Marie. I just like I'm frustrated. It's annoying. I know, like what Literally today I was eating bread that I bought at the Trader Joe's yesterday and I was like, I wonder, what's the last time Sydney went to the supermarket And I was like.
Speaker 1: Maybe like twenty fourteen, Like.
Speaker 2: No, no, I went to the I went to the supermarket earlier this year.
Speaker 1: Sydney is December earlier this year. I went to the supermarket.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's everybody has their flaws. Everybody has their things where you're like, yo, what the fuck is wrong with you? And that's that's my thing. You know, I could be a good friend. I could I could be great on stage and then you know, my whole life being shambles. But I'm picking up each block and working on it and knowing that, hey, the payoff is gonna be good because if I, if I really get.
Speaker 1: In my bag, bitch, I'm getting you right now.
Speaker 3: I'm picking up the blocks and I'm building up each piece.
Speaker 1: But when I get in.
Speaker 2: My bag, come on, come on the tortoise and the hair, come on and the grassper.
Speaker 1: Sydney, get it together for winter. I got you, yo, I get in my bag.
Speaker 2: Whatever you want, I'm taking I'm taking you to Traider Joe's.
Speaker 1: Get the whole aisle. Wow, the whole aisle, all the produce I want. Yeah, I'm like, yo, this girl has been with me. Ride or die, Ride or die. You are right or die? You know I'm not a diet but I'll ride for a little bit.
Speaker 2: No you do.
Speaker 1: You're my queen and slim. It's such a good truly one of the best movies of the year. Yeah. But then I talked to Sam Jay and I was like, Sam j hates it, but I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: She made valid points. And the person who wrote it is a white man.
Speaker 1: Lena Waite wrote it.
Speaker 2: No no, No, No, no, no, white man wrote it, brought it to her, and then you know she probably punched some things. Well, that's not what she's going around saying. One of her things.
Speaker 1: She's saying she wrote it, it's story by her and then screenplay by her. And the dude no, no, no news. Well he's not getting a story by credit in the movie.
Speaker 2: They probably worked that out in the contract. He was like, this is not gonna look good if I'm in there.
Speaker 1: Well, what is sam j say? What were her points? Friend?
Speaker 2: She said that you leave the movie exhausted, drain.
Speaker 1: What do you gain from it?
Speaker 3: Yes, but what do you gain from most movies that are in theaters? What do you gain it from the minions? Which you gaining from Taritanic?
Speaker 2: I mean for her, it's like we have done so much movies about black trauma.
Speaker 1: Fiction is necessary right now.
Speaker 2: She's like I went to the movie Little being like, oh this is gonna be this is gonna suck, This is terrible. And then she walked out of her like, oh no, no, no, we need stuff like this for I wish when I was a kid, I had a movie like Little.
Speaker 4: Little was so good that I did not see Little Now.
Speaker 2: You should see that everybody does at the end.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 3: So what our movie's got to be either, Like, our movie's gotta be little.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: We're not allowed to have any any other type of We're not allowed to have a drama.
Speaker 1: We're not allowed to have.
Speaker 2: I no, I do think we're allowed to have a drama. But I do think that is a valid point that we don't have like some you know, some real life Rick and Morty shit.
Speaker 1: Rick and Morty.
Speaker 2: What you know, Rick and Morty is an animation, but something of that, like how silly an arbitrary it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, Girls Trip was that that was silly? We had that. That movie came out this year last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw something recently where it was like they were talking about having black protagonist in animated films like Princess and the Frog. There's like a new movie where Will Smith turns into a pigeon.
Speaker 1: What wait, what a pigeon?
Speaker 4: And now there's like this Pixar movie where it's like Jamie Fox and then he dies and becomes a spirit and he's no longer black. And so they're talking about I mean, they're talking about like the there the black characters only being black for like the first twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Well, Princess and the Frog, that's exactly what happened. She was a frog for the entire movie. Right, she was like a slave in the beginning.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, American girl, Okay, she was like a slave. I saw her mother was a maid, dad was a but look, it was like very very very aggressive.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they're not Yeah, they're not allowing like black cartoon characters to remain black throughout the entire like they're they are always like turning in something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not allowed. Black kids are not allowed to see themselves reflected.
Speaker 1: And Pixar movies like this is just.
Speaker 2: For me, and it just like a film that's like for black audiences. It's so layered and it's so exhausting that it can't just Oh we can't just be we can't just have something. Why does it have to be like, oh, there's a struggle, there's something blocking us, Like why can't it just be fun?
Speaker 3: And I feel like that's and stay with me here for seconds, sister, I feel like that's how movies work. There's an issue, there's a conflict, it needs to be resolved. At the end of the movie, it either gets fixed or whatever. It like there's a resolution.
Speaker 1: So I like this.
Speaker 3: I liked Queen and Slim because I've first of all, I thought it was beautifully shot.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful. Every single shot looked like a magazine spread.
Speaker 3: It was like, oh my god, is this fault? Like what else w magazine? Everything just looked good. She had natural hair, she's dark skinned. He you know, he wasn't get out, and he got out and now he not with that white lady no more.
Speaker 1: He would Queen.
Speaker 3: So I just I felt like visually it looked good. Nobody was a slave in the movie, which matters to me, Like I don't I'm not watching movies where we're struggling in that way. This movie was like, like, it was an interesting story, it was captivating. If it had been two white characters, if it was Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie, people would it would be getting critical acclaim. So I don't understand why, like black people like we're not allowed to just have like something that like, yeah, they they So the movie is about a couple that goes on a first date and then on the way home from the date, a cop gets killed, he gets stopped by the cops and he shoots a cop, so they're on the run.
Speaker 1: That's what the movie's about.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I thought that the story was interesting.
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, and right now cops is killing black folks and black folks are in all these terrible situations.
Speaker 1: But like the movie was still beautiful. I think it was beautiful. I didn't leave like heavy, Like the ending was not what I expected.
Speaker 2: And it's a fictional It's a fictional movie. And so that's why Sam Jay was saying, it's fictional, so you can make it whatever you want. It doesn't have to be something that's that is real, like that ending that we've seen that before, but the other the other alternate endings that.
Speaker 5: Could have happened, we don't really get to see.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true, but we also didn't write the movie, says, But that's what she was saying.
Speaker 2: She's like, if you're somebody like, well, you know, I'll have Sam talk about this.
Speaker 5: I don't want to take somebody else's words.
Speaker 1: But it's just like, I just want to watch.
Speaker 2: A movie and get away for a little bit. I'm really exhausted with just things that are just too real.
Speaker 1: But with life right now.
Speaker 3: Movie trailer and the synopsis of the movie was already available before we went to see them, Like, Sam knew what the movie was about, you knew what the right I'm assuming you knew what the movie is so to be like, well, I just want to escape. But the movie is about a cop getting killed by a black person. So what did you You thought you was gonna be laughing like little You thought somebody was gonna do a strip tease in the movie, like I'm just and there were there were funny moments throughout the movie, but like I don't know, like if you wanted to laps this, maybe you should have gone to see something else and Adam Sandler situation.
Speaker 5: Right and then okay, but look at the movie Hustlers.
Speaker 1: You know we went to go see it. Whatever, I know the actual story.
Speaker 2: I know the people who were involved in real life, right, they were able to make Hustlers quote quote funny because people were like laughing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the movie wasn't a comedy, for it wasn't. It wasn't a comedy.
Speaker 2: But they were able to make light of a lot of in a lot of angles for stuff that I was like, eh, I was there. It was It was really not that they was hustling.
Speaker 1: It was not funny.
Speaker 2: It was like, oh, that guy could have really died, right, this is yeah, he has a lot of money and he's like financed you and he's a dickhead, but like he could.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I was at a party one time and it was a brunch party and it was just like, ah, why are we damn we still drinking and these strippers came in and they waited brunch strippers. No, it was a brunch party, right, And then we had been there since I don't know, like two okay, and it was like six it was six seven o'clock on a Sunday, okay, and we're like, yo, we're still going. And then these strippers, one of the one of the girl that was actually the movie was about.
Speaker 1: Brought in a dude. The dude could barely walk. They was.
Speaker 2: There was moments in the movie that I was like, yeah, that's true. They would be bringing strolling these people like half like a because they wait.
Speaker 3: Same to Jennifer Lopez character brought in Okay, you should have started the episode with this, okay, okay, since we okay, okay, so they bring him in.
Speaker 1: He's well, he looked like what he wearing. Okay, he like the guys that they had. He looked like a like a like a goofy, goofy.
Speaker 5: Guy, an older dude, glasses and everything.
Speaker 1: He comes in.
Speaker 2: He's kaid out. Because I've been kate out before. I know exactly what that is.
Speaker 1: But he comes in. They got his card, they's getting bottles. They it's just like, who's walking.
Speaker 2: Around with somebody who is not their friend like that, looking like that?
Speaker 1: And why would they take his card? And why would somebody serve somebody who looked like So.
Speaker 3: What you're saying is you didn't have any union protecting none of the bottles that they bought.
Speaker 4: Got him.
Speaker 1: Why would you do that?
Speaker 2: I mean, so the bottles have been purchased, so I guess I'll and the dude that Lord knows where they had.
Speaker 1: They went on tour with this.
Speaker 2: They took him to the Barney's like it's like yo, they were walking outside with this dude, and then brought him into another venue and he looked insane, and they left him there in the corner and everybody's partying acting well, you know, he knew what he was getting into and so, but the movie was able to make fun of that, and in real life it was not like we were just like, dude, well, we're.
Speaker 3: Just laughing at white rich because this is the difference. We're laughing at rich white people getting taken advantage of, right, that's the difference. So you know, we no one feels bad for them, a rich white dude Bernie made off. Nobody gives a damn about them, but like, yeah, black folks, bad things happen to them, And I mean, we feel bad. I can't see that everybody else does, but we feel bad. But again, there were funny moments in this movie. We laughed a decent amount, like.
Speaker 1: The decent amount we did. But it's just like.
Speaker 3: When that fat boy when I got them burgers with his dad, remember that part, Like.
Speaker 1: That whole scene was funny.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, it's I'm still gonna say, hey, I did enjoy the movie, but I did walk away like, yeah, it didn't make me feel good.
Speaker 1: It didn't anything for me.
Speaker 2: It just made me say, hey, okay, well, they can definitely shoot a movie well looked great, love the actors in it. Could it could I watch another movie with those same people in the movie and they turned the story around.
Speaker 1: Yes, sure, sure, what's your favorite movie?
Speaker 2: And like like get Out was so wonderful because they got away. They got away, Like that's a fictional movie, right, And they were right.
Speaker 3: But get Out was a comedy, friend, that's what that movie was marketed as, is a comedy.
Speaker 1: No it was not.
Speaker 3: Well it was in the for the Oscar categories.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a comedy, So.
Speaker 2: That's what I didn't want it because that's the way. But Jordan was like, that's not what we're acknowledging it. It was not a comedy. It was a horror, right, but it was funny. It wasn't Saul.
Speaker 4: Right about the I'm thinking like the trailers. The trailer was like really like it was a scary trailer, you know about the market.
Speaker 3: But the movie wasn't scary. Can we honest? Can we be honest about this? The movie wasn't either. The movie was funny.
Speaker 4: The movie was funny.
Speaker 3: Little Rel was funny. Everything that he was in was funny. The white girl eating dry cereal and looking at a basketball players was funny.
Speaker 2: Little Rel was the comic relief, but everything else was not funny After him, his parts were funny, but the movie altogether was not funny.
Speaker 1: Well, for the Oscar categories, it was called a comedy. Sis is that? I mean? Queen Islim is not a comedy. No one will call that a comedy. That's not a.
Speaker 2: Comedy, right, But I'm saying that it's it's the movie was fictional and the writers were like, oh, this could end one way, this could in another way. I mean, I guess you look at it, says Jordan Peel's like a like an improv sketch. Dude.
Speaker 3: Lead Away is just like a you know, she's me in twenty years. She's just the bald like woman like she's that she's Lena Waite is not funny.
Speaker 1: She's not a comedian.
Speaker 3: She's like, she don't seem fun You wouldn't want to sit across from her at a dinner party.
Speaker 1: You want to sit across from Jordan Peel? Maybe? Sis, you want to keep this in the pods?
Speaker 3: Sure, But what did I say something that was offensive?
Speaker 4: I'm saying that she's not.
Speaker 1: But do you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But if somebody told me, hey, yeah, I wouldn't want to hang out with Sydney, That's not what I said.
Speaker 1: I said I wouldn't want to sit She's not a comedian. You're a comedian.
Speaker 3: If I said, if someone said I would want to sit across from Sydney, she's not funny.
Speaker 1: She's not a comedian. Yeah, you should be offended. That's what your job is. But Lena's not that.
Speaker 3: She's like I tried to watch a clip like she did the Shy, like that nothing she's doing is funny. Like she had that whole series on Showtime and it was about I don't know, the crack epidemic in Chicago. I don't know what it was about. It wasn't funny, but like, that's what her work is. Jordan Peel has given us different stuff. The people who wrote Girls Trip Is given us something different. The people who wrote Little It's the Little Girl wrote that. Of course the movie was light in.
Speaker 1: Fronted or she wrote it's her story. She wrote it, she came up with the concept and she produced. That's her story.
Speaker 5: But that that's what Sam was saying.
Speaker 2: It is just like those movies are those narratives are more needed right now, especially since the world is so chaotic and we do feel hey.
Speaker 3: Sam, Sam, we love your friend, but like if you feel like the move the world needs something specific, then you just gotta write that movie, friend, and you know and you can do it that you will, she will, and it'll be I'm sure it'll be freaking phenomenal. But you can't, like let Lena make this movie. Like, I feel like black folks should be allowed to make as many different types of movies as we can, because we watch all these silly white people movies, these beige Home Alone seventeens, these Ocean thirty eights, Like we watch these white folks do literally whatever they want and they're not thinking, oh, this is a sad movie because everybody dies or this is like they just get to be artists and actors and writers and performers and they're not thinking about what we have to think about.
Speaker 1: But like, also, let us like do as.
Speaker 3: Many different types of movies as possible, because they're not all gonna be the same. They don't only need to be happy endings, they don't only need to be comedies. Like just like, I'm just happy that, honestly, Sidney, that nobody was a slave in the movie. That's the only thing about Queen of Slim that I liked. I'll say, who Nobody's ashy and getting whipped like Lou Pizza won for Twelve Years a Slave, a movie that I have not seen and will not have you. I'm not a movie like, I can't seen it.
Speaker 2: Bit get Out, you can no longer be our hot game producer.
Speaker 1: You've seen that, But any other movie that we mentioned you have not seen it. Why did you see twelve Years a Slave because you wanted to be.
Speaker 4: Sad because you saw that she won the Oscar for it.
Speaker 1: I love her too, but I'll catch her in US.
Speaker 2: I'll get a tethered Lopita.
Speaker 3: I'll take any other Lupitza but that. Yeah, I'll take Lupita on a plane with Liam Neeson whatever, all those other movies.
Speaker 1: But I'm not I'll take her in a rom com.
Speaker 3: But then we have a rom con that's coming out or not a rom it's just like a romantic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with Lisa Ray and Lakeith Stanfield Stanfield get Out. Yeah, which he's he's great. He's in a lot of movies coming up.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Well, that was that was great. I love a debate.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's a debate, it's just you know, for me, I watch I think I watched too much comedy, but I mainly watch stand up so then when I watch movies, I'm looking for the punch ups and the things that make it more funny than like a normal movie. And so I like being sad, but I also like, you know, fiction is helpful, it inspires me more.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we love we love fiction or whatever, but like also like it's entertainment, right, The good fiction takes you out of your world and puts you in them, Like you feel what they feel.
Speaker 1: You're nervous when they're nervous. The music starts to get scary, and you're like, somebody's all that, Like that's in my mind. I feel like that's good fiction. You're reading a book, you can't put it down because you're like, well, what happens on the next page? Like, but and we love all that. Yeah, but again, everything's not for everybody.
Speaker 5: What would you say is your favorite movie?
Speaker 1: Like your like your three favorite movies?
Speaker 5: My three favorite movies that I can't get enough of?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like stuff that when it's on you're like, I gotta watch it again. I gotta watch it again. I gotta watch it again.
Speaker 2: This is silly, but I'll never stop wanting to watch set It Off, which.
Speaker 1: Is which is also Sydney.
Speaker 3: Okay, if we're gonna take a step all the way back about Queen and Slim I, Set It Off is the essentially the same movie.
Speaker 2: I love it, but you but you see what I'm saying. Yeah, I absolutely know, I know, I know exactly what you.
Speaker 3: You should have asked Sam how she feel about Set It Off because that's a movie that we grew up on and we watched his kids right essentially, but that movie was sad.
Speaker 1: That movie.
Speaker 3: There was no comedy in that movie. But you love it, love to see it. Yeah, Jada with the box braid Bob love Hitch really Yeah, I never got into Hitch. Really, people loved that movie, and that's not That's not.
Speaker 1: I loved Hitch because.
Speaker 2: I think Will being the authoritative on like love and romance, that that felt real, Like his acting in it, it felt real. And then he had It's like he's trying to help all these people that like have money to actually make a relationship work, but they just don't have the tools. And then him with Eva Mendez, I just I just loved everything them being in the Hudson River.
Speaker 5: And like or falling. I was like this is cute.
Speaker 1: I didn't really care for Hitch. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed it, and I will always enjoy a Will Smith movie. Independence Day, Enemy of the State, Enemy of the It's one of my favorite Will Smith movies. I felt like that shit was real.
Speaker 1: It probably his friend.
Speaker 4: Are you still standing by Will Smith movies? Now?
Speaker 1: Why? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is he canceled Aladdin and all the movies that he's putting out now are real?
Speaker 3: Well, now he's just doing it because he has time and money and he can say yes. Like when when Meryl Streep did that like Julia Julia Julia movie like Meryl's good.
Speaker 2: I didn't see it, but I had no interest in seeing that though.
Speaker 1: But when she did it, it was just like maryl It was like, you.
Speaker 2: Don't really need you know what I mean, Like, we're not somebody else to do that, right, You make enough money and you were allowed to just do whatever the hell you want.
Speaker 1: After that, it's like, I'm just doing it. I've proven myself as an actor.
Speaker 3: Merrill was like, this is a fun project. This is like for me, you know, But Meryl's doing a lot more. I feel like silly or she'd been recently doing a lot more serious.
Speaker 2: And oh another movie that's my favorite that I will forever love The Devil Worst Product love that movie's that's like top five movie.
Speaker 1: And k new Jack City. That's another movie movie feels.
Speaker 2: That was sad, but there was like it was parts that was funny. But I love a Wesley Snipes one as the lead. I love him when he's like supposed to be hot.
Speaker 1: Didn't really well, I know, we know. So Sandy, Sandy Marksy was our cool mom expert.
Speaker 3: She like worked at She worked at the agency or the management company that Wesley Snipes was signed to when he first started doing movies and stuff, and she said he was the hot client, like he was sexy.
Speaker 1: To everybody in the office. And I was like, Wesley snaps yeah.
Speaker 2: But then when he was in waiting to exhale, I could see everything that anybody would say that Wesley's hot.
Speaker 1: I don't remember him in waiting to excel. Who was he dating Houston?
Speaker 5: No, No, No, Angela Bassett. Have you watched Waiting to excelp.
Speaker 1: No, Lupita won an Oscar in it. I love your watch it. Everybody everybody dies at the end.
Speaker 4: Everybody dies.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is I love. Uh what are what are you? What are we critics? Movie critics?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I mean you didn't ask me what my favorite movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What are your what are your favorite She.
Speaker 3: Was like, anyway, bye, no, no, no, what are your favorite movies?
Speaker 1: I love a sad movie, or like a really stupid movie.
Speaker 3: So I like Ever Wears praduc I like lean on Me because I love an angry Morgan Freeman.
Speaker 1: You smoke crack don't. It's on Netflix right now, it's or it was. I love that. I like, uh.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I wasn't really ready for this. I like any of the State. I like a Blue Streak. No Way with Martin Lawrence is one of my favorite movies. That is the TV T Friends, I know, but I like that's one of those movies that when it comes on me and my sister know, all.
Speaker 1: The words were like way, I don't want to live with shamo.
Speaker 3: Oh, Bad Boys too, bad Boys too also great.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. Andrew. I don't think I'm watch Andrew.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have one night where it's just gonna be like a black film night for you, and we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Do three movies.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll do We'll.
Speaker 2: Do two Black, and then well the one wild card in there. It might be crazy Risations, we don't know yet. But also, let's let's wrap this up.
Speaker 3: Friend, what are your three favorite movies like off the top of your head right now?
Speaker 1: Also, I really like Titanic Crazy? Yeah, good, it's a classic. Love it.
Speaker 4: I could watch like Rome and Michelle like all day. No, that's not it.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever seen is it more? Was it more than one movie? Just one high school reunion?
Speaker 4: Yes? That one the one movie, Yeah, Romey and Michelle. I do like like Juno. Juno is good. But I also really liked and this is gonna sound like I'm pandering now.
Speaker 1: You don't say gross Trip.
Speaker 4: No, but I loved us though. That was such a thinker and it was so goodbody Us. I loved it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I love I love the theater. After I was like, what a way?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like hidden things that I just don't there.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do homework after the movie. So this hide and go seek in a movie I don't want to happen. Okay, you're a thinker.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you go to the library after this, go read run out. Some movies, rent out some movies.
Speaker 4: Is that what you want? Is that what you're referring to when.
Speaker 1: You said she said read, I don't know what makes if that makes any sense read.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we have to we have to run.
Speaker 1: So gotta go, gotta dash. Was great. A lot of cuts this episode, A lot of cuts.
Speaker 3: Well, thirty six to thirty nine, so there we go. Yeah, thirty six minutes, the thirty nine minutes, you get that whole thing out.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got a lot of work, Andrew.
Speaker 4: Sorry, thank you.
Speaker 2: I love you so much. So make sure you guys go on the Patreon. We got episodes they coming now. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, we're gonna go record some after this, right maybe no, no, aus we're running lights.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, well that's fine. Sydney is things to doing. I guess I'll find something to do to ah, hold your hand.
Speaker 3: No, no, I think I have a date tonight before okay, good before the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, save it for the patroon.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you so much. Okay, so you know rate, subscribe, you know what to do?
Speaker 1: Comment.
Speaker 3: Oh I wanted to read something, but it's too late. I'll just read it for the next episode. Somebody comment somebody has one of the reviews for the podcast said, I love Sidney's new hair.
Speaker 1: That's just the review of you. I Love you friend.
Speaker 2: Feels like a little bit of a shod because no one said that they liked my hair. So problematic.
Speaker 1: Okay. Anyway, bye friends, Bye bye Sydney. I love you Okay.
Speaker 6: Forever This has been a Forever Dog production executive produced by Brett Baham, Joe Silio, and Alex Ramsey. For more original podcasts, please visit Foreverdog Podcasts dot com and subscribe to our shows on Apple Podcasts, Spotify.
Speaker 4: Or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 6: Keep up with the latest Forever Dog news by following us on Twitter and Instagram at Forever Dog Team, and liking our page on Facebook.