Speaker 1: First Day follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Landon is on the phone today for a first Day follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Kate. So we're about to call Kate in a little while and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date if he still wants one. But first, Landon, thanks for coming on the show man. How long has it been since you heard from Kate?
Speaker 3: Hey, it's been like a week. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: How many times have you tried to reach out to her in that week?
Speaker 3: I like once a day, honestly.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're thinking she's somebody special. Why don't we go back a little bit and talk about her. So, how was your date with her?
Speaker 3: Oh? It was amazing. So my cousin owns the wine restaurant and we went there and I'll be just got wine flights and meals and we slowed danced in the middle of the restaurant. Everyone was watching, everyone clacked for us. It was really something else. I knew she was a bit shy, and honestly, you know, that's kind of my type. I love the shy girls, and I was excited to like get her out of the get her out of her shell. That's I love doing that. That's I love to like just bring the shy girls out showing the world, show them what they're missing. You know how we had so much food, and since it was my cousin, he even gave us like a dessert sample afterward. It was like a four hour meal. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, this sounds like a dream or hours. I love to eat like that.
Speaker 3: But then we haven't spoken for a week since I don't really don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: What happened at the end of y'all's date, Like, how.
Speaker 4: Did it end?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it ended with a kiss, which I'm pretty proud of. But we haven't spoken since. No texting, no calls, nothing, nothing.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's because she's shy? I mean, you did say she was a shy girl.
Speaker 3: That's my leading theory. Maybe she's just better in person and the text thing.
Speaker 1: Did anything else happen on the date besides.
Speaker 3: The dancing and the kiss. She seemed really into me. She laughed at all my jokes as she ate. I mean, she's the teat, but she can really eat, And.
Speaker 1: I'm just.
Speaker 4: Like a lyric and a song. She can really eat. I like it. Do you think maybe it was your kiss?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean speaking of too good, I mean the way that we danced together. I mean it I felt like it could translate to the bedroom, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you could dance in a bedroom too, you can put on music. Yeah, yeah, I know, I know what you mean.
Speaker 3: But then, like I can't figure out why I'm being ghosted. You know, it's just maybe I can't figure out how I messed up. Maybe she felt pressure to eat so much because I'm a big foodie.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe people say anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe because you know how like people feel like they want to keep up with drinking. Oh so maybe it's the same idea with Booth if there's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she didn't want to say anything about her maybe I don't want to eat, but about he's a foodie. So yeah, she just quietly just went along with it.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll see if we can figure it out for you, man. We'll play a song come back, and then call her see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you another date.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, thank you so much, all right, and play a song.
Speaker 2: Comeback, get your first day follow up next. Right in the middle of your first day follow up if you're just joining us. Landon is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Kate. It's been about a week. He hasn't heard anything from her, and we're about to call her, get her on the phone and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Landing, why don't you refresh everybody's memory before we call her? Tell us about your date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we went to my cousin's wine restaurant, drink a lot, ate a lot, dance in front of everyone. They applauded for us. It was really fun and it with a kiss. And I haven't heard from her since.
Speaker 1: And she's petite and can eat.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, you ready to go? You're ready to call her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go? Hello him, I asking to Kate. Please?
Speaker 1: This is she?
Speaker 5: Who's this?
Speaker 4: Kate?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 4: How are you? My name is Jewbel and I'm on a radio show called the Jewbel Show. What's up?
Speaker 1: Kate Whole shows? Here, I'm Nina Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good?
Speaker 3: So I'm sorry. This is a you guys are on the radio.
Speaker 4: Yes, and we're calling you because we got an email about.
Speaker 3: You about me?
Speaker 4: Okay. We do a segment on the show. It's called the First Date follow Up.
Speaker 2: That's where if you go out with someone and then end up ghosting them, that person can email us.
Speaker 4: To get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, means.
Speaker 4: We got an email about you because you're ghosting someone.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: His name is Landon, and Landon really liked you and wants to know why you're ghosting and would you mind telling us?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean Landon is a great guy. I had a great time on our date. You know, I really liked him, and you know, it was a really fun night, different than most dates I've gone on, and it was.
Speaker 3: Just really great.
Speaker 5: But you know, I just think we I don't know, I think we just want different things and I just have to protect myself from that.
Speaker 1: I think, Okay, what does that mean?
Speaker 5: You know, I just want to protect my heart. I think that Landon, you know, he was kind of talking about how he's not really ready for a relationship and he's looking more for like a romantic sensual experience, not really like a full blown commitment. And you know, that's fine, but I really want romance and experiences, but I want to build something with someone. You know, I'm not in a huge rush to be in a relationship, but I don't really feel comfortable with like the non committal mentality personally.
Speaker 1: Did you guys have that conversation like he said that to you.
Speaker 5: I mean, he had said that he just wants like romantic experiences, but he had said he wasn't really looking for like a full blown commitment, which is you know, I get it. I had a great time on our date. I didn't think that's what our date was for until we met. I thought we were looking for the same thing. So I was like taken off guard. But you know, everyone's looking for what they're looking for, and even though we had a fun time, it's just we're both looking for different things.
Speaker 3: It's not the right time and place.
Speaker 1: Well, good for you knowing exactly what you want.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Kate Landon is actually on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 5: What hey, Kate, Hi, Hi Landon.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize we were on such different paths. We had such a good time. I thought it was going well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, we had a great time. I mean, it's definitely a date I'll never forget. It was really fun. I really enjoyed myself. I enjoyed getting to know you. It's just I think, you know, our path in life is just different right now.
Speaker 3: Oh well, that's a shame. I kind of wish you would have answered my text. We could talked about this. I mean, I'm open to discussion.
Speaker 1: Well then is that true, Landon, Are you not open to relationship?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, honestly, I am just looking for something casual right now. But I thought she was on the same page. We never discussed it. But yeah, maybe, I mean, if the timing is right in the future, we could hopefully get back together and make this work. What do you think.
Speaker 5: I mean, I really enjoyed meeting with you. I think you're very attractive, and you know, we laughed a lot. Maybe in the future, you know, if I'm available, we could definitely try again. You know, it's just timing right now, it doesn't seem like it's on our side.
Speaker 3: That's all, okay, Well, like, what do I have to do to make you say yes, Like, what do you need? You know what? That's funny.
Speaker 5: I just honestly, you're wonderful.
Speaker 3: I had a great.
Speaker 5: Time with you. It's just that I am looking for something a little more, you know, not so much a commitment, you know, commitment with the right person, but not something as loose as I guess what you're looking for, just like you know, experiences, life experiences. I've had a lot of life experience, and you know I'm ready to put that life experience to you. So there's I mean, I had a great time. I loved your cousin's restaurant. The wine was great, the food was amazing.
Speaker 3: I mean, I.
Speaker 5: Had the best time. It's just I just don't want something super casual right now.
Speaker 1: Landon, do you think that you're wanting something casual? Is kind of like your defense mechanism too, because it sounds like you really like Kate, you keep trying to get to the law.
Speaker 3: I feel like Caline.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know, I'm just it's something to ask yourself. You know, if you just say whoever you hang out with is casual, then you're protecting your heart too, and not really putting yourself out there.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize I was signing up for a therapy session here the bill. Yeah, you know what, I think you may have something to do with my previous relationship, now that I think about it. Things just went too quickly, and I think the year I just wanted to take things more casual. It's time not really look for a commitment yet.
Speaker 4: What if you replace the word casual was slow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's a good observation there.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but we say this all the time. We are therapist adjacent.
Speaker 5: I definitely would prefer someone who's more sure on themselves, Like if you need to experience things to you know, feel like you'll be a better partner in the future. I mean, that's your path, that's your choice. Like I said, I've I've had these experiences, and I have a pretty clear idea of what I want and what I'm looking for and how I want to be treated. And you know, I just I want to be a little bit more you know, important, than just something casual that's you know, not going anywhere, because because I'm looking for something that's going to go somewhere.
Speaker 4: Kate, would you like to go on another day with Land and we'll pay for it.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so right now.
Speaker 5: Nothing against land In, land In, You're wonderful again. I had the best time, honestly, probably one of my top, like top dates ever. It was really like dancing in the restaurant and the people like stuff out of movies.
Speaker 3: That was incredible.
Speaker 5: It's just again, I just want something a little bit more serious. It's going to go somewhere or ideally go somewhere like I felt a deep connection with you, so I would.
Speaker 3: Not want something casual. But if in the.
Speaker 5: Future you figure out what you're looking for, and if I happen to still be available, you know you have my number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's just keep in touch. We'll touch back and forth and stay on each other's right off
Speaker 4: You will First day follow up