Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. It's our one on this Tuesday. Ready to go with the guys, the King of Content, the Minister of Humor, Todd, Fritz Seaton, Marvin, the Prince PAULI, yours truly in the back room, guys, and you at home or in your cars if you're listening on our radio affiliates over four hundred cities in America carrying the program. And if you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app. That's our streaming partner. Play of the Day, poll, question, stat of the Day, all of that forthcoming, will talk NFL Draft coming up. We have a couple of analysts who are going to join us. And once this happens, it feels like there's a snowball effect that happens, and it's every year and it goes from week to week where the analyst insiders scounts, they will dissect one player and that player right now is Shador Sanders. Now cam Ward's going to go through this, You're probably going to get Travis Hunter going through this. That's when they start to pick apart these players. And right now with Shadoor Sanders, he's on the clock. There's a report that he was called arrogant and brash after an interview at the NFL Combine. Now, once again, this is open to interpretation. What is arrogant to you? Could be cocky to me, confident to me, brash to you, same thing. And I think that there is a growing concern. Now I can't speak for all of these players, but those who got nil and Shadoor Sanders got nil in Colorado, that they come in already entitled, that maybe they're spoiled a little bit, They've gotten their money already, and maybe there's preferential treatment that they got and they expect that when they get to the pros. Whether that's true or not, it's in the eye of the beholder. It's open to interpretation. But Shadoor Sanders hasn't thrown a football, hasn't played a game in a couple of months. But you're starting to get the feeling and I don't want to say smear campaign, but it does feel like you start to pileong and sometimes you know the insiders are following insiders and they want to make sure that they don't miss on this, and it you know, it's an echo chamber. It's a circle. Now you start to hear, hey, nobody's sold necessarily on should Or Sanders being a first round draft pick.
Speaker 2: I'm like, where did that come from? That was quick? Is he a first round?
Speaker 1: We have an analyst on later on who will tell you why he thinks shud Or Sanders might not go in the first round. If you're not going to take somebody because they're arrogant or brash instead of their abilities, then I would really have questions about you and how you You know, you're assessing talent at that position. Teams are always looking for their quarterback and if he is that quarterback Now I said yesterday, I don't know what he's great at.
Speaker 2: I know he's tough.
Speaker 1: I know that the family tree certainly going to be talented. He's not athletic, overly athletic. That was the thing that surprises me the most about him. I think today's quarterback has to be able to extend plays. Can he be a Russell Wilson type player? Maybe? But now you're starting to look at people looking at Shadel Sanders saying all right, what's so special? They might do the same with cam Warden. I mean I watched cam Ward play at three different schools he won.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't look at him and go, that's a franchise quarterback. I just thought he's really good. And that's the tricky part when you're trying to look and assess talent to go to the next level. Who has it and who doesn't? Why does that guy have it and that guy does it? That guy's so much more talented, But that guy knows how to play. And that's where these general managers and scouts their reputation, their jobs around the line of being able to assess that position. And it's an inexact science. It has been and will continue to be. Are you a leader? Do you want to be a leader? Do you want to put in the time? You know, Kyler Murray won at every level. He was great, dynamic, But then does he want to be the leader? Does he want to put in the time or does he just football came easy to him, He didn't have to work at it. Lamar Jackson wonderful MVP and has made himself a better passer. Josh Allen has made himself a better quarterback. You know, you can go down through history of those who made themselves better when they got to the NFL. I just worry sometimes with nil you might have players who are already treated as pros. They get to the pros and maybe not putting in the time they need to to be great. And I don't care what sport. Give me the player who continues to want to get better. And look no further than Michael Jordan. Jordan added to his game every year, and there's the greatest player of all time. I don't care who it is. Are you adding not subtracting? And it's a long winded way of saying. With should or Sanders, it feels like he's the guy under the microscope right now, and you're starting to hear people are now saying things out loud that they may have thought. And this could be about Dion, you know, and maybe should or Sanders is arrogant or brash. The NFL will humble you. The NFL will humble you. This could be other agents like let's this is business, okay. And this is the tricky part when you're trying to get information. Every year, I say this to you, I have two people that I've trusted for over twenty five years, and I still trust them. They don't have agendas. Even if they have an agenda, they would tell me that they had an agenda on a certain player or a certain team. But this could be agents trying to get their client up.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a team that wants to get Shador Sanders. Later, Hey, you know, I hear he's arrogant man. Now, I don't know if these gms react that way, they go, you know what, on second thought, maybe we don't take him now. Gms do stupid things, But I don't know if it comes down to that. But it kind of struck me. Here's should or Sanders, and then next week it'll be somebody else, and the week after that. It feels like each week leading up to the draft, this is what's going to happen, so get ready for it. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. First time, we're brought to you by Maco. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. Mako brings your car back to life. Affordable paint jobs like collision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Mako all right, Seaton, what's the poll question we have today?
Speaker 3: Well, we could start right there with the pre draft rumors. What percentage of pre draft news do you actually believe your options could be one hundred percent, seventy five, fifty or twenty five percent.
Speaker 1: I'm probably a fifty to fifty guy, but there's part of me that wants to believe seventy five percent of it because it's far more interesting.
Speaker 2: Like I want to be entertained with this.
Speaker 1: I hate to be like I gotta tell people that this isn't true, you know, but then there's part of you like it'd be fun if it was true, but it's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of these stories that come out, like right as soon as I saw that Shador Sanders, see it's got a little bit of an attitude.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, well let's see what quarterback benefits from Shador Sanders dropping.
Speaker 1: Jackson Dark? Does Jalen Row? Does cam Ward? By all accounts and more definitely does cam Ward. I think he's already the number one quarterback to be taken. I think that feels almost universal.
Speaker 2: Now. Could things change at a pro day?
Speaker 1: Sure when they start to nitpick, Sure, but it felt like and the reports out of Indianapolis cam Ward.
Speaker 2: Now he didn't throw it.
Speaker 1: I think he threw to one of his teammates, but that was to get his teammate ready to you know, go in some passing drill.
Speaker 2: It was unselfish. He's there to help other people. Yes, got it.
Speaker 3: That's a team player. Yes, that's so selfless, so selfless. But Shdor Sanders was a hype guy. He was hyping up Will Howard at Ohio State. He came to his defense workout.
Speaker 1: Uh well, but you know, once again, what one guy is doing and another guy could be doing.
Speaker 2: But we interpreted completely differently.
Speaker 1: And with cam Ward, once again, I don't know what he does great, and that's usually where I start. Okay, it's a quarterback, what do you do great? He's really good at the line of scrimmage. He's really good arm strength, he can throw to the numbers okay, s capability, durability, Okay, like you can check off the you know, check the boxes here. It's like Josh Allen saw him in college his junior year, saw him his senior year, and then saw him his first year in Buffalo, and I didn't think that he was a franchise quarterback. But he made himself better and that's another thing you want. I want Kyler Murray to want to be great, not I'm already great. I don't need to know you're good. You need to be great. You got to put in the time to be great. That's what I want out of Kyler Murray. Yeah, it always feels.
Speaker 3: Like a lot of these things too, these kind of reports, there's something that's not like quantifiable, you know, it's not something that you could put on tape and be like, see that's what I'm talking about right there, like we're he just kind of little arrogant, kind of rubbed me the wrong way, Like okay.
Speaker 1: Well, only if I saw the interviews, because that's what these scouts, these GMS coaches, they experience an interview with you, and I think that's where at least one coach came away with the he's arrogant in brash, and that's all it takes.
Speaker 2: It's one.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're an NFL insider reporter, you got something. Now you got to report, and now maybe you could ask another coach or another GM, hey did you experience this?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Well, and there are other accounts where these coaches and GMS are saying we didn't experience that now, maybe maybe shud Or Sanders doesn't want to go to your team. Maybe he came off as arrogant in Brush because he may not want to go to the Cleveland Browns. But I think the dion part of this you have to you always have to factor that in. What is the motive? What's the motivation for all involved here? Raf Stock, Maybe maybe clicks, maybe to help your client. I mean there's a lot involved in this. And keep in mind the amount of money. Its business, and never lose sight of that. It's sports to us, but it's really business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, polling.
Speaker 5: It's interesting how the words can change. If he was considered confident, that's a great word. That's positive. Cocky is somewhere between positive and negative. Arrogant is negative. It goes like a sliding scale, Brash. I was looking at this story and I saw that PFF has Shdor Sanders sliding to the end or out of round one, which is really hard to picture. But I went back and looked. Three days before the NFL draft, Gino Smith was the number one overall pick of the draft. In multiple mock drafts, he went in the second round. I found two mock drafts from the year. Will Levis came out of Kentucky. Within twenty four hours of the draft, he was in the top five fifteen of three different high end mock drafts. He dropped completely out of the first round. It's happened before. Yeah, not comping to should our Sanda's just the coverage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is what happens when the real professionals see the tape, Like now, this is we watch during the season and then but the scouts aren't breaking down these players. The gms are worried about their teams playing in the NFL. Then you get this. Now they go into the lab and now you really start to break down a player. How healthy is he, how many games did he play? How many did he start? Like you start to look and go, okay, what are the pluses? What are the minuses? But you don't do it publicly. We do it publicly. You know, Mel Kipro have a mock draft, you know, ready when the season ends. But Mel's not in the meeting rooms. Now you can talk to people. I talk to people, but that's their opinion. And that's the tricky part with this. So this is when the real people are doing big boy things and not somebody who's looking from afar and going, man, that guy's unbelievable. Okay, but it doesn't mean it. You know Christian Hackenberg, you remember him at Penn State. Oh, if you came out now, I'd be the number one overall pick. Then what happened Josh Rosen Man? That guy franchise quarterback? Okay, we do this every year and we continue, we repeat. You know, you'll hype somebody, but you know, once again, it's not a true assessment of them. Now you're getting that. That's when you go, oh, this guy's got short arms. He probably had short arms. I don't know last year during the season, I don't know if they got shorter. Now you're here, this guy could drop out of the top ten. You got short arms. I'm like, uh, as any always had short arms?
Speaker 6: Yes, DoD And like you're referring to with clicks being one of the possibilities, if you're a reporter and everyone's in love with a certain person, you feel like it's incumbent upon you to be that one naysayer. I'm going to have the column that says something different than everyone else has.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you want it to be true. Hopefully it's true of what you're reporting. Once again, all you have to do is say, you know what I heard. I heard from an assistant coach. Source said, hey, this guy is this You're going to take me to court like you know you're going to do. I have to give up my sources.
Speaker 6: Well you're not even naming the team. You can't even remotely trace it to anything.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that's why you know, when people say they have sources, I'm always usually you have a source when they say, oh, you know source is close to me, Okay, I got I'm a little curious skeptical because there are a lot of people that all you have to do is say I got a source and I got to report.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do about it? Nothing? I could do that right now.
Speaker 1: With shud Or Sanders, I can say I got a source, said he was unbelievable in those meetings. He was polite, courteous, and he ordered flowers for the assistant coach's wife. Like, okay, sometimes that happens smear campaigns. Agent talks to an insider, Hey, you do me a solid. Here it happens because where your guy is gonna go, it's money, But.
Speaker 2: Here it is we're early March. I got six more weeks to the draft.
Speaker 1: Who all right, we'll take a break, but once again we'll talk to a couple of draft analysts and get their feelings on Shador Sanders and both guys that we have on today, I don't think are very high on Shador Sanders. I'd like to know when do their opinion change or has it always been this way?
Speaker 2: So we're taking a break.
Speaker 1: We'll settle on our pull question today eight seven to seven to three DP. Show operator Tyler is sitting by to take your phone calls. We're back after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 7: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right. So check us out. We like to get you involved too, Take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 2: Most interactive show on planetar.
Speaker 7: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Kobe and on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media. That's Cavino and Rich.
Speaker 1: Matt Miller of The Mothership, NFL Draft analyst, friend of the show. He'll join us coming up next hour. I don't think he's high on Shador Sanders. Trevor Sikima, he's the lead draft analyst for Pro Football Focused. I don't think he's high on Shador Sanders either. Moe in Arizona, mocome, welcome back to the program, Poor.
Speaker 4: And Dan danet Okay, the first thing you ask these guys when they come on is hey, where'd you have brought pretty in the draft?
Speaker 8: Before they give you any advice.
Speaker 4: But okay, uh you're asked, you're saying Dion's kids a little kacky. You know this is Dion's kid, right, I mean, where are we going with this? I mean, if he's not cocky or not confident, arrogant, you know you think something's wrong with them. You know, I got to touch on my Lakers a little bit and it wasn't too high on JJ Reddick. But now I got to give him a little bit of cricks and playing a little bit of deep and yeah, of course he's got Luca and Lebron, but I mean they're actually playing pretty good. Last week we were in the fifth spot. Now we're number two. I think we're looking good.
Speaker 1: JJ's the same coach he was three weeks ago and they didn't have Luca. I think he's I think he's done a really good job. But this goes back to Lebron. Lebron will make this work. Now, if you're a star player, and Lebron I still think at times is a top ten player in the NBA, he has to make it work. Luca's coming to his team. It's just like Dwayne Wade made it work when Lebron came to the Miami Heat.
Speaker 2: That was Dwayne's team.
Speaker 1: He had to let Lebron think it was his team, and you know they won a championship. This is Lebron in the twilight of his career, knowing if I get another title, what that is going to mean in the bigger picture.
Speaker 2: One more title?
Speaker 1: Now, all of a sudden, I got all the records and I got one less championship than Mike. You know, you're thinking a legacy here, and here's Luca. How do I make Luca great? This is last call for a championship. Steph Curry, last call for a championship. Jimmy Butler. Whatever I need to do to make Jimmy Butler feel at home, I'm going to do. By the way, the Knicks and the Golden State Warriors tonight at the Garden.
Speaker 2: Yes, Marvin, can you get tickets for us?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Can you pause before you say that no to make us think no?
Speaker 1: No, But you can wait and see him in Brooklyn against the Nets after the Knicks game. But I don't know what it's going to cost you to just get into the garden and then get into the Barkley Center in Brooklyn to see the nets.
Speaker 2: Yes, Paul, Golden State.
Speaker 5: At the next tonight, seven thirty Eastern, I have the lowest get in price. It is section four sixteen. Roh you another has it? Row You usually goes like they do, like double m so they don't have to. All right, let's play the get in price. Okay, you would like to go first or last?
Speaker 2: Marvin, you go.
Speaker 9: Three hundred and twelve dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, Fritzi, you want to wager guess two fifty six right.
Speaker 2: Seaton O'Connor. This is the cheapest ticket. I think that's what we've seen so far. Eighty eight dollars.
Speaker 1: Eighty eight dollars. I'm gonna go one seventy five to get in.
Speaker 5: Two hundred and sixty bucks gets you in Warriors Nicks. Okay, now two nights from now, he's in Brooklyn, Stephen Currenty.
Speaker 1: They get in price, okay, Todd, I'll start with you one twelve all right, seating fifty four dollars, I think Marvin.
Speaker 9: If it's fifty four, I'm in there. Uh, one hundred and sixty five.
Speaker 2: I'll go sixty eight dollars cheapest get in price in Brooklyn.
Speaker 5: Marvin got it on the note one sixty five. Hey, get in price fifty.
Speaker 2: Four dollars the stuff.
Speaker 9: Oh I'm there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anybody going.
Speaker 9: No, you couldn't get a sense on no.
Speaker 2: O okay, Well you can buy your own tickets.
Speaker 10: School night.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you? All right?
Speaker 1: Uh so you got Warriors at the Knicks. Thunder dropped the Rockets and Shay Gilgis had another fifty point nine. I think that's four that he's had this season. Kyrie Irving got injured on the same day, same night, the MAVs decided they're going to raise their ticket prices. This hasn't been a good month for the MAVs. The trade injuries, Kyrie, ticket prices. Anthony Davis, yikes. I think it's a sprain and knees spraining with Kyrie but limped off the floor.
Speaker 2: What a man? Now you raise ticket prices.
Speaker 1: I think the MAVs are second in attendance home attendance in the NBA.
Speaker 2: They do extremely well.
Speaker 1: I'd be curious what happens next year when there's no Luca and you've raised your ticket prices. I think the description that they gave, so they raised their season ticket prices again. I think they did this a year ago and they said that. According to the Mavericks, ongoing investments in the team and fan engagement were listed by the team as reasoning for the Priceike is fan engagement when they're outside protesting the stupid trade that you made with the Lakers. So you did a great job with that. The season ticket price increase is the second in as many off seasons in Dallas. Last season's increase for many fans more than ten percent. This time around, it's a little over eight and a half percent.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 1: According to ESPN NBA Attendance Report, Dallas had the second highest average attendance at its home games last season, over twenty thousand each game. Since they traded Luca their six and six, they're in tenth place at thirty two and twenty nine in the Western Conference.
Speaker 5: Yes, bony most expensive least expensive average ticket price in the NBA as of the start of the season.
Speaker 2: Most expensive.
Speaker 5: Lakers Lakers are second, the Knicks are first, and buy a margin one eighty six sixty is to get in priced the Lakers one forty four. You go down, I can get you into a Blazers game for sixteen and a half bucks.
Speaker 1: I might be able to play. Yeah, yeah, Hey, I'd like to buy a ticket. Do you want to sit on the bench?
Speaker 2: Okay? Do you want to be in the layup line? Sure, I'll do that too, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 5: The Pistons and the Rockets are in the bottom five of ticket prices as right now.
Speaker 2: And their playoff teams.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Cavaliers to start the season, we're in the bottom ten.
Speaker 1: Tailgate moonshine is available danpatrick dot com. Some of our most popular flavors, available in different sizes. Two different sizes available as four packs as well, and you can go to Danpatrick dot com for all your shopping needs. All right, we'll get some phone calls here more phone calls as well. Mike and san Antonio, Hi, Mike, woulds on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Hey, good morning, Danny and Danett's love your show. First time caller. Just a total character assassination against Shador Sanders. I've watched every game of his, his post conferences after the games. Guys talented, he's articulate, he never throws anyone under the bus.
Speaker 2: He's very smart.
Speaker 10: So there's definitely a bias. This is coming out at this time, right before the draft starts and during the combine.
Speaker 2: Kid's a warrior.
Speaker 10: He can improvise. I kind of make the thing by Caleb Williams with him because the only thing I think about him is that that's along the ball a little bit long. But the guy is definitely a top ten.
Speaker 1: Well but that's what you do in college. Caleb Williams did that. They always think that you can hold on, hold on, hold on and maybe make a play. In the NFL, you can't hold on, hold on, hold on, make a play. You can hold on, hold on, now you better make a play. It's that extra second, half a second. You lose that in the NFL. But this is one coach who told one reporter it's not a blanket smear campaign. But I just want to know talent wise, that's all I care about. Just what is your talent? What is his talent? Is he inflated because he's Dean Sun? Is he being knocked down a peg because he's de on some like? That's what I want to know. How good are you? And I got to watch him and once again I voted for him third in the Heisman. He was tough and I want that with my quarterback. I just don't know how athletic he is. And yes, today's quarterback needs to be have some athleticism there. But I don't know why all of a sudden, Shadoor Sanders is maybe slipping out of the first round. I don't know what happened because he hasn't had his pro day. He didn't do anything at the combine except for do interviews in medicals. So what changed? Did somebody really start breaking down what they saw with his tape? And this is what scouts will do. You're not only looking at the tape. You'll call somebody and you'll say, defensive coordinator at Colorado State, Hey, what did you think they're going to If you have a relationship, they are going to give you, you know, the tea for this. They're going to give you everything that you need. They're going to say, you know what, he can't do this. We tried to get him to do this. You know what, he's so good at doing this. That's what happens. All you have a network of friends or people you can count on.
Speaker 2: I do it.
Speaker 1: If I don't know about, I can at least try to find out about. Now they're going to be breaking down a player that they may or may not take. You got to get all the information you can. And I'll go back to Ryan Leif, who went second overall on the Peyton Manning draft. And I remember running into the equipment manager at Washington State and he said, wait till you get a load of Ryan. I go, what do you mean? He goes, I wouldn't take him that high, And I was like, okay, And here's a guy who's around Ryan lee for two or three years. So you're you're going to get information. You just have to make sure somebody doesn't have an agenda, that they're actually telling you the truth. And that's the tricky part now. Right now, you don't know fact from fiction at the combine. But if you trust a couple of people, that's where you can at least go okay, I at least have a solid foundation with this. But that's what I'm curious about with Shador Sanders. Timing is everything. Steven Jacksonville, Hi, Steve, what's on your mind?
Speaker 8: Hey morning, Dan?
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 8: Who you consider to be the most arrogant quarterback in the NFL in the modern era?
Speaker 1: Dan Marino was pretty arrogant. I'm you know, and it's it's you know, Tom Brady was cocky, confident. I don't think arrogant though, like Arrogan said, that's a that's a rough word.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: Marino was cocky, com it brash, loud yelling at players. You know, Brady did that. Brady's right up in a defensive player's mug. But these guys won. Brady certainly did. I want confidence at that position, but I don't want somebody to be I don't want you to be confident to the point where you're not really seeing what is real that you think you can do everything. You'll never master the position, never, and you got to go into it knowing you'll never master it. It's like golf one day, damn and then the next day it's like damn.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: We've kind of brainwashed young athletes though, into the answers they're supposed to give to the media. Like if you were to ask a quarterback right now who was projected to go in the fourth round, they say, who's the best quarterback in the draft, and they say, Mack I am. I'm never saying no man's better than me, No man's better than me. Okay, dude, but you're not the best quarterback in the draft. But this is what kids are sort of raised to think they're supposed to say.
Speaker 2: Because I like it. I like the confidence. You're right, No man, it's better than you. Clear, dude.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of dudes in this draft that are probably better than whoever this player is.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But kids think they're supposed to give that answer, No man's better than me. I'll never say no, man's better than me, dude, that's not realistic.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure Jackson dart at Old Miss thinks he's just as good as Shud or Sanders or cam Ward played in the SEC. You know, best competition. Look at my numbers, but the scouts will tell you otherwise. You can say it, feel it, but you can't be delusional when you do it. Hey, I'm delusional sometimes with my shooting ability.
Speaker 2: Yeah sometimes.
Speaker 1: Come on, yeah, and it and it's cost me occasionally. But you know, if you're going into the draft, I want to know what your confidence level is. But I don't want you to be delusional. You know what, I'm the next Tom Brady, Easy there, easy there, Bucky, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 9: But to kind of push back with seat in a little bit, But I think there's probably guys who are fourth rounders that played against these guys in seven on seven camps that was like, wait, I played better than him. At this point, I know I can play here. Maybe I just went to a smaller school. Maybe I'd have as big as a profile as Cam or Schador or whatever. Sure, but you're right, there's some Probably there's some real delusion to some of these quarterbacks, I'm sure, because you have to be to a certain point to think you could play in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, Todd.
Speaker 6: But and to Seen's point, that's what How many guests have we had on that We asked them that question and deep down they know they're not the best in their sports or in their league, but they always say the same thing. You've got to have that mindset that you're the best, that you're okay, you have to think that.
Speaker 1: Weirdly, But is there a wrong answer if I have somebody on I say, let's say I have Jackson dart On, who's the best quarterback in the What if he said, well, certainly Cam and Shadoor they're better, and you know, Jalen Milrow is probably better. And I don't know, maybe I'm fourth. I don't know, like that would be a wrong answer.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of guys who are better than me. What if he said, I don't know, but I'm really confident in my abilities.
Speaker 2: That's good. Here you go. Can't go wrong with that. It's not for me to say.
Speaker 6: I let others judge who ranks.
Speaker 1: Where you go, or just say, you know what, turn on the tape, tell me what you see. I'm very confident in my abilities, but I'm not here to rank my abilities. You you're supposed to see how good I am.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pull, But also you're selling yourself when you ask that question. On the Dan Patrick Show, Jackson Dart may say, every time I go on the field, I think I'm the best player, and give that team I'm on the best chance to win well. And you know you're performing when you give your answer.
Speaker 1: But when Steph Curry, when I ask him ten years ago, who's a better offensive player? You were Lebron and he said I am, And he said it right away, and then all of a sudden people are like, did you hear what stuff say? He thinks he's better than Lebron? Well, he believed it. People reacted in the way that they didn't believe it. But I think he probably backed that up that maybe he is a better scorer than Lebron. Yes, well, you know, forty ninety nine points later, Lebron's the greatest score.
Speaker 2: Yes time.
Speaker 6: If Jackson Dart says I think I'm the best, is there any coach, GM or executive that would walk away from that thinking like he knows his place, he knows his you know his abilities and what he doesn't do well.
Speaker 2: I like that he thinks he's the sixth ninth quarterback.
Speaker 1: I can only say from my perspective, I would want somebody to say, you be confident, but arrogance that's not a good word.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I got to make sure that you understand. You know, I don't want an arrogant person coming into my locker room. I want a confident person coming into my locker room. You can even be cocky coming in, but once again, the NFL will humble you. It humbled everybody who's ever played the game at some point. And you can be arrogant, you can be cocky, and then all of a sudden you get humbled.
Speaker 3: Yes, I definitely judge people based on even more stupid reasons than where they rank themselves. Like Jackson Dart had a necklace on and during the combine and I was like, oh, he's out.
Speaker 2: I'm not taking him.
Speaker 3: Or one kid, for some reason, there was one quarterback who did every drill and had his hat on. He had a hat on, yeah the whole time. That's actually a backwards like baseball hat. Oh yeah, which I'm not an anti backwards baseball cap guy, but why are you wearing that during the combine? Like is that like your lucky hat? You don't fly without your lucky hat kind of thing. I was like, Ah, that guy's out, I'm not taking him.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, like a baby always wants it's blanky. So maybe that's his hattie.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good. That's what I wanted, a nice confidence starting quarterback. Binky. Don't forget your binkie in your playbook. Yeah. Maybe it was keeping the hair out of his eyes or something.
Speaker 3: I mean, who knows, it, liesn't matter you ashamed of your haircut or something you got bad moss.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, Dan the Iteam actually looked into the hat backward situation the other day because we noticed at the podium almost all the draftees were wearing hats before they went out to the podiums. They were given Indie combine draft hats. They were just handed them, almost like when you are at the draft and they give you your hat. So it was a lot of free hats that day.
Speaker 3: Almost everybody was smart enough to not wear it, except for one guy context.
Speaker 1: And then Shudor Sanders had his on backwards, not in a little bit to the sun like it was backwards sideways.
Speaker 2: Wami can't do that. And why didn't you take him? Did you see his hat? Put the hat all the way. It's supposed to be warm.
Speaker 5: He left the sticker. He left the sticker on the bottom.
Speaker 6: It's respecting the league.
Speaker 2: Take a break. Play of the Day up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show week days at nine am Eastern six am pacif on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp Oh my God, the Play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Play this is the play of the day.
Speaker 7: Check this out eight second seven des the Bay carrelsip.
Speaker 5: Head, the Chars, Jose up pain Hey, Charls, Lebart Twins and Hawks.
Speaker 2: Hawks beat the Grizzlies.
Speaker 1: Caris LeVert sixteen of his twenty five in the fourth quarter courtesy of FanDuel TV. That's your play of the day, brought to you by Rapid Radios, the official walkie talkie of the DP show. Instant pushed to talk, offering national LTE coverage no subscriptions ever. Business owners, you can stay in touch with up to two hundred staff members at one time. Go to Rapid radios dot com and get up to sixty percent off free ship. Hard Knocks was trying to find an NFL team off season. Hard Knocks and of course, after what happened with the New York Giants last year with Saquon Barkley, NFL teams were probably going, uh, I don't want to what about you? I don't want to Bill Belichick and North Carolina go, will do it. So that was two days ago North Carolina Bill Belichick, and then all of a sudden owners started to whisper and they said, wait a minute, here, what are you doing NFL films? This is supposed to be about the NFL. Well, nobody wanted to do it. North Carolina said we'll do it.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 1: That a great publicity arm for them. I think Belichick has a friend at NFL films and then all of a sudden talks have broken down. I believe with Hard Knocks and North Carolina.
Speaker 5: Yes, Paul, a spokesman for NFL Media, which includes NFL films, said after weeks of talking, agreement just could get put in a place. Jonathan Jones of CBS Sports reported that creative control was a sticking factor.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think this has to do with the NFL saying why are we allowing Belichick to do Hard Knocks chanced time and shocking.
Speaker 6: That Bill Belichick would have issues about creative control and how much is willing to relinquishing to the producers and.
Speaker 1: Directed, well, if you agree to it, like how is it pitched to you? And Bill has to know they're gonna want to be in there with conversation, you know, listening to conversations with recruits. I don't I don't know, you know what would be the oh my god, they're gonna want me to do this. I'm surprised that Bill wanted to do it in the first place. But if you're going to get publicity for you know, your new job, Okay, But I would say the NFL probably had a heavy and in this to say not so fast bill uh Eduardo in Florida.
Speaker 8: Eduardo, Welcome to the program. Good morning, mister Paderick. I wanted to address two things, one very very briefly, okay, and then get to the question of Shador Sanders.
Speaker 2: May I do that? Yes, you may, thank you very much.
Speaker 8: The first thing I wanted to it as the day before you went on vacation. I'm talking about like two and a half weeks ago, you spoke to a gentleman who was calling from Argentina.
Speaker 2: Yes, and.
Speaker 8: Having been born and raised in Argentina, I took a little bit of umbridge that you might say in his lack of description and his erroneous commentaries. Number One, they Oka Juniors stadium say it by name La Bone. That's what it's called. It is one of the most horrible STATEI into which you can ever walk. Number two, the other stadium you couldn't remember, which is the biggest one in Argentina, is a monumental where river Plate plays. And number three, the real error was that neither one of those stadii is the largest in South America. The largest stadium in South America happens to be in Brazil. It's in San Paolo. No, Yes, in San Paulo and that's where Santos do Brazili plays.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, you've made your point. Now I keep going. No, you made your point. Yeah. Is there anything else that you'd like to add, Eduardo?
Speaker 8: Only about Shudor Sanders.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 8: Just before your program, I happen to turn on Peacock and apparently there was some problem with the mechanics on the CFT show. So the last seven eight ten minutes were devoted to an interview that they did with the Door Sanders at the Combine. And it is my personal opinion which is absolutely worth this, but I'll share it.
Speaker 2: We're running out of time, Eduardo.
Speaker 8: Okay, that the young man sounded very arrogant.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, EDWARDO. Spend a little too much time in the statey I.
Speaker 2: And that's the news.
Speaker 6: We'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And those Boca Juniors and river Plate references. Wow,