Speaker 1: Hi everyone, I'm Rachel So and you're listening to Climbing in Heels for your weekly dose of glamour, inspiration and fun. We are doing a special early release episode this week to talk about all the fashion for Music's biggest night, the Grammys. From sleep and sexy to whimsical and over the top. We're breaking down all the looks. Here to help is my producer you all know in love, Mary Elizabeth. So let's jump right.
Speaker 2: In Music's biggest night, the Grammy. I think we should kick this off by being really honest.
Speaker 1: I think that scares me. I want my opinion.
Speaker 2: No, you're on a real honesty kick lately with the way we've been recording. But I will say the grammyst typically for you, is not your favorite carpet of the year.
Speaker 1: It's not. And you know, listen, I started my career in music right like I started me. I think it's PTSD.
Speaker 2: But you typically don't have the most You don't typically talk a lot about the Grammy's red carpet year over year. However, the pop girlies in the music industry have like taken over and it's such a moment for all the females. Yes that we would be remiss not to talk about just sheer girl power happening in the music biz. So to kick things off, I think we should talk about Queen Bee.
Speaker 1: Listen, I am a huge Beyonce fan. It's funny because my kids are always like, Mom, like besides Stevie Nicks, like like what do you love? Like what kind of female vocalists like it? Or like what kind of female singer? And I'm like Beyonce. And I remember it was like two years ago, maybe yeah, two ors ago. Kius goes mom, which one is Beyonce? Again, I almost like crash my car. You were like, how does he not well? I was like, I don't understand that. She's like in every part of my being her voice just really anyway, So this gave me, this look gave me I mean in full disclosure because we're talking honesty, right. I think the hair was a little blonde in my opinion here. But again, I think like these different rules apply with Beyonce, like things that I would maybe say like it's not like that's not what I would have done for a client or whatever, But then like she'll get on stage, I'll be like, Okay, it works.
Speaker 2: She's in Customscaparelli. It fits her body beautifully. Yes, the blonde hair is part of like the cowboy Carter era. Yeah, like she does blonde for the country album.
Speaker 1: That's the whole thing. Right now, she.
Speaker 2: Finally won the Album of the Year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I kind of It feels like it was a month ago that that whole thing happened. Where Yeah, she got very un It was the Grammys last year, yeah, which feels like a month ago. It does.
Speaker 2: Time is flying. He basically said, she's won the most Grammys of anyone ever and but has not one Album of the Year. So this year she took it home. It's amazing. I also want to point out, I don't know if anybody else really noticed this, but Beyonce did have a slight wardrobe malfunction in the gown.
Speaker 1: Said an aerola.
Speaker 2: So it's not an ariola, thank god, Okay, but it looked like the underwire in the dress poked in the center of her chest. But when she came back on stage to win.
Speaker 1: It was fixed.
Speaker 2: It was fixed. So there was definitely some sort of tailor in the back stitching that out.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: But every girl, every female knows that uncomfortable feeling of the underwire of your bra poking through stabbing you in the boob.
Speaker 1: And that is actually why I don't wear underwires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so shout out to Beyonce for getting stabbed in the boobs and still winning Grammys. She really can do it all.
Speaker 1: This woman has deserved to win Album of the Year at some point over the course of her, for sure career.
Speaker 2: So she won Best Country Album and Album of the Year. And I think you know you and I were talking briefly. It feels like that sort of Leonardo DiCaprio moment that.
Speaker 1: The girl needs to win this award.
Speaker 2: For sure, Like Best Actor finally came when he did the movie The Revenant. Was The Revenant the best one of his whole career. I don't know that's up for debate, but like, it definitely felt time that she was given the Best Album of the Year, because my god, she's been around and relevant for yep a long time.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, can I just say for me there was a hands down winner of Best Dressed, Kelsey Ballerini and Kelsey Ballerini. I have to say I've had the good fortune of meeting her on many occasions. She is one of the loveliest, sweetest, kindest women out there in this business. And you know when you look at her, you're like, oh, she looks like she would be nice. She is so sweet and so talented. I loved this look, I really did. I felt like it was so Grammy appropriate. It was. It did all the things that everyone wants to see on a red carpet at the Grammys, which is like a gorgeous like beaded, some skin showing, but she kept it polished and dare I say classy. I loved the hair was Chris Appleton did the hair christ and Tomorrow and Tomorrow Ralph, who I have to say also hands down one of my absolute favorite designers. I mean, I just recently watched the new couture uh Tomorrow Ralph shows, and honestly, each look is more extraordinary than the next. So I expect to see a lot at the Oscars, a lot at the Oscars. But I will say she is she is becoming more and more known for this like really big party on, you know, in the dress, and then like the gorgeous cape on, you know, on the outside, and I think you can take it on and off. But I felt this look was very youthful. It was elegant. I thought the hair and makeup were spot on. The jewelry styled by Rob and Muriel, who are friends and I love them, and I just I loved this on her, one of my favorite looks that she's worn. Yeah, I really did love it. And she looks so happy and she's with her cutie boyfriend.
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to say. You can tell. I feel like you can tell when people are like happy within because she's like shining in a different way.
Speaker 1: And if any of you have teenagers or you're an adult that watches teenage shows, you may know her boyfriend, John B. Chase Stoakes, sorry Chase Stokes, but John character John B. Rutledge from Outer Banks.
Speaker 2: Yes, she looks stunning and this is the hair I'm always trying to convince you to do, and.
Speaker 1: I have done quite a bit. I just haven't done it in a beat. I know.
Speaker 2: Everyone helped me convince Rachel to do the side part again. Thank you so much, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I need some more confidence.
Speaker 2: Another doll of pop music who literal doll literally Yes, her album one for Best Pop Album. She did a performance that was hilariously cute and funny. I just am obsessed with her. She doesn't take herself too seriously, she doesn't take anything too seriously.
Speaker 1: She is giving me that Goldie Han, like seventies Goldiehan thing, even even today Goldiehan thing where she just like gets up and she's so cute and she's the bangs.
Speaker 2: And the hen and funny, but very well spoken, very smart, obviously very talented. But I just love her approach to fashion and her music is very like fun and she was wearing a beautiful J. W. Anderson.
Speaker 1: I really I have to say, I really loved this look. I really did love this look. I probably would have liked the hair maybe like sleeker and up with this, you know, just kind of because the dress is so much and it's doing the feather thing at the peplum and the bass, and I loved it. And then of course she did my Can I take credit for that styling? Yeah? The show Pard Diamonds thrown behind her allah Jennifer Lawrence at the twenty thirteen Oscars or Kate Hudson at the I don't even know what year, Saga Awards in her Peter Dundas Pucci gown with I think it was a Cartier, Tiffany something or Fredley, and I literally can't remember. I have to look at it dangling down her back. I love a back jewel.
Speaker 2: It's so good, so good, and not enough people do it. I feel like, but my fish show Pard diamonds. They wove it through the dress to make the dress a Halter style. I think it was. I think the chain alone is like nineteen carrots. Forgot it, and then the diamond on the bottom is like fifty.
Speaker 1: Carres, like part of the acehl. It's crazy, it's hard of it. She's insane.
Speaker 2: But she just looked young and fresh and playful like she is. And then she changed into a Versace. It was like it was almost like a brownish gold.
Speaker 1: It looks Gianni VERSACEI it looks vintage, so good, so pretty on her when she won her award, so she looked very Can I say one thing that I've noticed a lot of these women are getting out of sprinter vans and I just want to like sort of feel a little bad for myself for a moment, if you don't mind. Because one of the biggest challenges of my career was spending hours and hours and days and days and fittings for these gowns, and then having to smush my clients into the backseat of like an suv that had literally half a foot of legroom. And I very clearly remember putting Jennifer Lawrence on the day of the Oscars in twenty thirteen in her driveway and me talking to the driver in advance and being like, if I put all the seats down and I put her in the back and she lay flat until she gets to the theater, because no, actually I would have. I would have absolutely flatbedded, like put them on a gurney on a helicopter and landed in at the show to avoid what happens for an hour long traffic car ride from you know, when they leave the house of the venue and it's so sad, and now they have on the carpet flu firs the people that plute trains. Have you watched these flu firs? We did not have flu firs.
Speaker 2: I feel like some people bring their own team.
Speaker 1: They do they do.
Speaker 2: Like I think Sabrina actually had a guide. I was helping her. He was picking up the bottom of the dress and moving her. But he had like a baby blue silk tie on to go with her dress. So I feel like that is I think it is a more prevalent thing, and it's not just people's publicist.
Speaker 1: Trying to no no, no, no no. I mean if I could have jumped in the car every time my client left, I would have done that. We were not allowed. And I'm here to say that whoever decided that there should be professional flu firs on the carpets fixing people's trains and dresses so they sit properly for photos, I applaud you. I wish you're around when I started, where have you been? And this idea was brilliant and considerate, and I'm almost wondering if it was like if it was like a band of stylists coming together to be like either let us on the carpet or have professionals there to flut trains. I mean, it is help us, help you get the great pictures, right, Yes, yeah, we're a team here. Yes, Okay, Moving on to another pop princess, My favor te Swift, Taylor Swift. Okay, see again, I love Taylor Swift. She has a thing like fiance like it may not be my all time, like she killed it. Listen, she looks great. She looks great. She is obviously in her I am, what's the word, pulling for the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl, right, like I'm gonna wear red and I mean, listen. Her signature is always the lip, right, but like obviously the red and the red and the red and the red that's saying I love him. I did notice her Loreene Schwartz dangling red tea, which one may say is for Taylor Swift and one may say it's for Travis. Right.
Speaker 2: We will never know.
Speaker 1: We will never know, but I do she gritly wish she was in like a big moment, you know. But she's also I think feeling her like I just finished the longest torn music history. Yes, and I now just want to have like my legs out. I want to like walk a carpet and not do a show tonight.
Speaker 2: And you know, you know what, and look, hats off. She deserves it. If you watch the Grammys, you also saw Taylor had a great time. She was drinking champagne, she's in her saying around, she was having a great time. So I totally agreed.
Speaker 1: Didn't she win a bunch? She did not win nothing.
Speaker 2: She actually did not win anything.
Speaker 1: How many was she nominated for or I believe she.
Speaker 2: Was nominated for six Grammys.
Speaker 1: This year her, but didn't she win like eighty last year? Yeah, I'd be get confused, like with it's the same with the actors, Like you know how you forget what year the movie was because if it was like if it was came out in January and then the Oscars were like, wait when was that? I feel like she's been on tour for more than half my life.
Speaker 2: I mean the aerostour was like two almost two years long. It's She's insane. I mean it's it's the highest grossing world tour any artist has ever done. So where your chief's red sparklely dress? Where your thigh necklace? Would you ever seen a thigh necklace in your life?
Speaker 1: I've seen everything, have you.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've seen like the belly chain, the I've just never seen a piece of jewelry worn this way. I was like, that's cool, different new I.
Speaker 1: Wore one at my butt Metza under my draws. You did it? Did my really hot?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Her mind is ready to be in New Orleans at that Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Want I want to do a few little pops of highlights and I want to take the bans like a little I want to I want to shag them a little bit, the banks, you know, blend. Yeah, like I'd like to have like a like a like a whose banks, like a Siana Miller bang like and when Sianna Miller had bangs, you know like that. Yeah, I get you, but but again it's her signature. So she's the queen. Okay. I loved Olivia Rodrigo.
Speaker 2: Yes, we had some some red carpet standouts that were in black sexy gowns.
Speaker 1: I believe, if I remember correctly, Olivia Rodrigo, that was a Gianni Versace dress. That was a vintage Gianni VERSACEI dress. And I mean, and you know that, you just know that by how it's cut and how it fits. And I am fortunate to say that I have worked with probably more vintage Versauce in my career than you know. And they are pieces of work like that may look like a simple cut out black dress to you, but I promise you the way that that gown is constructed, what's happening underneath, my guess is there's a body suit underneath so that it holds perfectly. And you know, she looked flawless. I loved the hair and makeup she did like a very like she did like a Cindy Crawford ninety supermodel vibe here like a supermodel. Right, I'm so into it. So I loved this like it was sexy and simple.
Speaker 2: I'm always shocked that there's not more versace on the carpet for the Grammys ever since j Loo's epic Versace plunging, that moment that happened in like the early two thousands.
Speaker 1: Well, there typically is. Honestly, there typically is a lot of versace on a Grammy carpet. Like I think the Grammys does speak, you know. And in the day there was a ton of Kavali, Right, there's a ton of Kovali, a ton of Versace, a ton of dult Chain Gavana. I think it's a couple of things. I think there's a lot of new designers out there that are taking over the red carpet in many ways, a lot of new coture designers, right. And I'll also say that like I think with the skin bearing era that we've been in for the last couple of years, you know, I think I think all bets off. But to your point, no one does that better than Barsaci, But I think I think Versace's going through a lot as a brand right now, with different ownerships and things like that. So I think there's probably less because I've seen it where there was ten people in Barsaci. But I also think that I know from my styling days, we used to try and weigh in on how many people wore one designer, right, So if I was putting someone in Valentino, or if someone was doing Chanel, you would ask the house to say, like, can we how many people are you writing?
Speaker 2: You don't want like a monopoly, right, because that's not cool.
Speaker 1: No, No, you don't want to be like a number. Oh she was also in Valandino.
Speaker 2: Yeah that gets a little I'm sure. Yeah, not great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Miley Cyrus was also in black cut out leather.
Speaker 1: Yep, Smiley's also in her I'm here era.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's so. I'm so Miley Cyrus obsessed right now?
Speaker 2: Do you remember last year she was in Bob Mackie. She just looked amazing and killed it. I just think she she's just here for the long haul.
Speaker 1: Miley, by the way, I love her better than ever, Like literally.
Speaker 2: She's just cool and consistently like awesome, and she's working with Saint Laurent a lot, it seems, and I feel like it's just like a match made in heaven.
Speaker 1: I agree. I was into this look. I really liked it. I thought she looked sleek in cheek, yes, you know, and again like I think everyone wants to bear all at Grammys. It has always been that way, yes, borderline costume, you know, and it still does. And I think that it is a great form for self expression the Grammys, because I think there's just different rules that apply to the carpet at the Grammys. But I also there was this great piece of hardware on the back of her leather dress that I thought was super cheap. But she's just so cool. She gave me that like Zoe Kravitz vibe right, like, which is what San Luran is, you know, It's it's turned into a very They're like.
Speaker 2: The muses of Si lurn correct, I would say, yeah, speaking of nude, Siriano did like a sheer, structured dress for Chrissy Tagan. She looks obviously amazing.
Speaker 1: The funniest thing about Chrissy Tagan is that she is the funniest thing and so the thing is because I happened to know her personally when I look at her in a carpet, and I know what's going through her head right now as she stands there. And I think we all probably saw as she walked in, she was like tripping over the thing and she could barely walk, and then John was like carrying her, and then she tripped and almost fell. She's basically naked under there, by the way, I think very strategically placed boning and panels, yeah, and panels. And you know, she looks amazing.
Speaker 2: What do you think of the hair?
Speaker 1: I love her hair. I think I think that with this look, I would only say that she could do what she did or put it in like a sleek bun, you know, like a sleek just totally back. And she's gorgeous and you could tell she like, you know, she's so smiling, and you could just tell she's just I'm telling you, if you could be inside her mind, I can only imagine.
Speaker 2: Like hilarious, beautiful woman, you know what.
Speaker 1: I just have so much respect for anyone that just says it, yep, no matter what they say, I have respect for someone that just says it, just no filter. Yeah, okay, Gracie Abram. So I fell in love with Gracie Abram. She performed at this fashion dinner a couple summers ago. Had no idea who she was. Yeah, literally, she came on the stage. It was that, I want to say. It was at a Chanel dinner and I just remember saying to my friend, I'm obsessed with her. I love her voice. She is going to be so big. I had no idea who she was, and yeah she is. She looks like an angel, and I think that's her whole thing. I don't know that it's like Grammy look right, but I think she looks beautiful and chic and elegant and angel.
Speaker 2: Like Chanelle whimsyel Angel. She looks. She looks like herself too. Again she she her team, whoever it is. It's it's like looking at this photo, it's like you can hear her music almost like it's so synced into her persona. And how youthful and beautiful and cool, effortlessly cool she is is. Yeah, I love her. I think she's She's another badass female that I think could be around for a long Oh.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna see Gracie Abrom forever yeah, I love her voice, like, I love how she speaks. I love what she says, I love what she does. Kasey musk Graves. Musk Graves, Why don't feel like I'm saying it wrong myself.
Speaker 2: Kasey Musgraves, That's right, Yeah, I love I mean, obviously we love Casey. She's she's a glamour country girl, like you know, she idolizes Dolly Parton. She idolizes that like country glamour thing. And this, this look for her is really like more pared down. It's a more simplified version of some of the stuff we typically see her. Again, I think that she herself, her team, whoever's working with this. The album that she's nominated for, Deeper Well, is more pared down, more folky, more, which makes sense, which plays into this more simplistic look for her. But I mean, she's wearing Ralph lauren gorgeous a skirt. You love this collection.
Speaker 1: I did love this collection. I love Ralph Laurence. I only think I think Ralf Lauren's collections have gotten even better with age and time.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, I totally agree. And she just looked like Casey like threw on a tank top, threw on a beaded, beautiful sequence skirt.
Speaker 1: And I can tell you the belt on babe, that skirt probably weighs two hundred pounds. Oh I'm sure. I'm telling you I have held those. You need like six hangers to hold those skirts. It's crazy, It's crazy. It gives me anxiety thinking about hanging that. I think she looks great. I mean, I think the only thing to take into consideration with that is like you know, when you're styling someone for the red car, But you also remember, as they do interviews, the only thing anybody seeing is like the bust up, you know what I mean, right, So it's sort of like, all of a sudden, you're just in this white tank top. So I think sometimes for something like this, if I was styling this look, I would have definitely put like a major moment of jewelry on so that she didn't look as bear right, you know.
Speaker 2: In that interview shot. Yeah, and she was wearing Charlotte Tilbury makeup, which obviously she just looks like a bronzed goddess yep, which is their signature signature vibe. But yeah, she looked beautiful, very very casey from Deeper Well album. In my opinion. Okay, moving right along to our most costumed ladies of the evening.
Speaker 1: I listen. I loved Charlie XX. I actually loved that it was Gautier, and I actually loved that because I don't know, it felt like her, like it felt cool, it felt cool. I actually love the dress like it. It is very cature of the moment, It is very you know, it worked for her like it really did in the boots with her hair. I really loved this. I think some people didn't, but I did.
Speaker 2: Like Charlie XX is like you know, brat. Her album was like the movement of this It's.
Speaker 1: Literally all anyone talked about this summer.
Speaker 2: Exactly, And like she is that vibe of like a rave princess And if I had to draw a dress for somebody that's like rave electronic dance music princess, like this to me is like spot on for her. Thousand and then amazing chapel Erone, who won Best New Artist again vintage Jean Paul Gutier, obviously in a themed costume moment, leaning into the impressionist art that's on the gown, and she won and she was I mean, she's just such a cool, interesting smart artist. That again, both of these women, Charlie and Chapelone have been in the music is industry for a long time, and it's like so awesome that they're getting their flowers now and there and they're just themselves. Like, you know, Chapel Roone is just unapologetically Chapel.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think she great. I also listen, any any woman who holds their own and speaks their mind and wears whatever, is not afraid of anything, and doesn't give f all what, you know, what anybody thinks. You know, I think holds a very special place for me and can do no wrong. And obviously this is taking it to a whole nother place, but you know, god speed.
Speaker 2: Like chap boys, like it's like the Met Gala, every every carpet the Met Gala for her, Like she picks her own theme. Yes, she decides the character she wants to become, and she like goes for it.
Speaker 1: Listen, we have very few and far between of those moments anymore, so bless you know, I'm here for it. I also want to say on Charlie XCX, like I remember when I saw her perform at the either the Cat No, it was the Locke mcgala this year, and I remember everyone was like freaking out that she was going to perform. Everyone and these were all like adults. These were not like kids, you know, and like industry people that are jaded one hundred percent. And people were like freaking out, and I was like, what is this about? I'm so unimpressed, And then I got sucked in. I couldn't stop watching her. She was amazing. She was so much fun to watch, for sure. Yeah, and I was wearing something so cumbersome to wear that I was like dying to get home and get out of it. And then I just stayed like another hour to watch her because I was like, she's so good, She's so great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I think these two again gonna be around for a while. Which brings me to one of my favorite pop Princess Lady Gaga. You actually posted so she performed with Bruno Mars. She was nominated with Bruno performance California Dreaming.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I just say yeah, that gave me. It was like a hug that was a hug, that was a hug. And I think.
Speaker 2: The Gamys did a very beautiful job of I agree. Of they were raising money during the show, they highlighted the LA Firefighters, which was really nice.
Speaker 1: I literally watched it four times. It was so good. I'm also such a mama's and the papa's like Stan. I just the whole thing is so good, and that was amazing. I also loved how she went into that like bohemian role right away in her outfit to perform in was so good. She's Gaga is so good. It's terrifying sometimes how talented she is.
Speaker 2: It feels like Chapel Roone. I mean, it feels like these women who can recreate themselves and become what their music is trying to personify, Yes, and they do it. So Gaga was back to her like goth Gaga self, which I'm here for. I mean, Gaga used to be bar none, the most out there in dress. I mean she was, I'll be honest.
Speaker 1: Can I say something about that in full disclosure? Yeah, for me, that took away a little bit, like I'm actually the biggest Gaga fan when she's just herself. And I know I'm that way about a lot of people. And I understand that music is such a freedom of expression and dressing yourself in that persona that you want to be in that moment. I have so much respect for that. But sometimes these women, in my opinion, get so buried under the makeup and the stuff that I love that you lose their like you're like, wait, who you just want to like get under what it is. And I think for me, I'm always such a die hard fan of Gaga in her natural state or in her like movie star state. I just love that because she her voice is like it transcends you like it actually does. And I remember when she first came out and everyone was like, go go Gaga, and I was like, oh, it's just trying to be like Madonna, like because I was so Madonna right, And then I was like, she won you over.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 1: She's so talented.
Speaker 2: And when she performed I think it was the Grammys with Elton John, I mean that was just like insane, like, oh.
Speaker 1: Mine, incredible.
Speaker 2: But she's back to like goth princess and Vivian Westwood. She's in an archival Tiffany necklace.
Speaker 1: Listen, if you're gonna do this look, you do it with Vivian Westwood and archival Tiffany. She did it one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Correctly and to your point earlier Gaga has a new album coming out, so I feel like this is her next chapter, this is the next era of the Gaga, and she's like giving us the taste like sort of like goth princess vibe. But this Tiffany necklace stunning is insane. So it's from the archives, it's never been seen before. Thirty public gold Pearls, black Onyx and that like giant Tourmaline.
Speaker 1: Tourmaline is so cool insane. It literally looks like its insane.
Speaker 2: It literally looks like she like casts a spell on somebody and you have to like rub the rub the tourmaline to like break the spell. It's very whimsical, it's very Gaga.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. I'm over her performance with Bradley Cooper.
Speaker 2: Yeah she okay. So she did fire Aid, which recently happened in Los Angeles. Lady Gaga was there and she thanks shallow by herself and it was just like everyone was like on the feat next level.
Speaker 1: She's just incredible and yeah her imagine if you could sing like that.
Speaker 2: I would never stop. I would be the most annoying human being on the face.
Speaker 1: Of the earth because I'd be much if you open your mouth and that came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna sing for you again.
Speaker 1: Yeah that that won't happen to me.
Speaker 2: It would be I'd be so annoying. I wanted to shout out two ladies that I thought would be honorable mentions for you. Yep, and that is miss Cardi B.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Cardi B was in Roberto Cavali.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that looks like archival Roberto Cavali. Unless it's a remake.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's new.
Speaker 1: And so it might be custom based on an arm fire because I remember this dress and iteration of this, especially with the bottom, the way it.
Speaker 2: Is, the feathers, the sequence, all the thanks, all of the things.
Speaker 1: She looks great.
Speaker 2: I love lam.
Speaker 1: Yep, she looks great. I love her hair. I love this. But you see how beautiful she is.
Speaker 2: She's gorgeous. Yeah, she's a gorgeous girl. Now, I just feel like Cardi is just such a standout as a personality, like she's so fun and playful and whatever. I just feel like she really brought it and looked very timeless, elegant, poised Grammys. She looks great. The glam's great.
Speaker 1: I think she looks amazing. Honestly one of my favorite looks she's ever done. For sure, she looks great, a great Cheryl grow Should we talk about that?
Speaker 2: So the show opened with a bunch of artists that we're playing Randy Newman's I Love La and I'm the camera's moving around and I'm sort of noticing people and I'm like, who is that woman playing the bass? I'm like, who is that? She has blonde, shorter hair. I'm like, why can't I figure out who it is? So finally the camera moves back around and it's Sheryl Crow and she looks gorgeous than ever. I mean, she's been in the music business for so long now she just looks thirty five.
Speaker 1: I mean impossible that she's sixty two.
Speaker 2: Like it's not. I don't know how, but she's just stunning to me. I think that she really really brought it.
Speaker 1: Like It's funny though, because the cool thing about Cheryl Crow is that and I worked with her. I used to work with her, I used to style her. I have to say that she honestly like the thing about her is that she looks like she just kind of was like, I'm gonna just throw on this Massoni from my closet, pull a little makeup on, and go to the ground. She has the Hudson cam Yes, the effortless like California girl vibe. You know, I have no idea where she's from, but I know that she looks incredible. She honestly looks incredible. And I love Cheryl Crow's voice.
Speaker 2: The best, like love the best. I just thought she looked so gorgeous. Okay, Well, we've talked a lot about some of our favorite looks, but I think we have to talk about something that was a repeated trend.
Speaker 1: You're gonna ask me to like it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna ask you to like it. Okay, But there's a hair trend going around and I guess it's called the step cut. I you can't. I don't love it. Okay, we've seen it before. Share sort of famously did the step cut, which was Bangs, and it's sort of it's sort of like a non blended front piece. It's steps and keeping, but one step. It's not like a layer down. It's like it's like.
Speaker 1: A one step. It's an unblended, grown out bang oh ish kind of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Billie Eilish, we saw Billie Eilish at fire aid her hair. Who isn't it?
Speaker 1: She's just My mother's fully obsessed with Billy. She listens to her all day. My mother's eighty.
Speaker 2: Three and Billy and her brother Finny has performed first at the Grammy's last night, and they're just like that, like blood harm anything when like siblings sing and like that beach boys thing that like it's so ethereal and awesome. She's a billy.
Speaker 1: Can I say something? Yeah, I want a campaign to say that everyone who airs an award show like a big one, right, like a Globes Oscars, Grammys, Emmy's. I think it would be fair if you ran it once at the normal time, like six o'clock or whatever that is. Uh, and then for all the parents that couldn't watch it because it's during dinner and bed and homework time, then they do another airing for the parents.
Speaker 2: Yes, I got to teach you how to record on your.
Speaker 1: Or in modern day society, you can just watch it.
Speaker 2: You get better record it. No, I get what you mean. Now, I get you.
Speaker 1: You know what I It's not fair because I want to watch it live and I can't.
Speaker 2: And the greatest part about the Grammys is it is like one concert almost. Of course they're giving out awards in between. Tre Trevor Noah was the host, and he's great, right, he does his monologue, he does some crowd work, but it is like a big concert.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It's a concert, and so I wish that there was like a version of them just cutting together all the musical acts and putting that somewhere.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree. I think that would be super helpful for all of us.
Speaker 2: It would be very helpful. Yeah, but yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 1: This I'm asking for a friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the step hair cuts here, Gagah, Miley and Billy.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I think in the world of entertainment, I think that this Look, there's this big controversy about all things, okay, because at the end of the day, I think I firmly believe that the days of cutting anyone down and insulting anyone's hair, makeup, clothing, body types, anything, whatever it is, I'm all for not doing any of that because I do believe there is no winning and there is no purpose. Sure, we all in front of ourselves, but at the same time, I think, like I'm I'm comfortable to say that this is not for me. The step cut. I would not ever wear it myself. I'd prefer that my children don't choose to do it. However, you know, this is what they're feeling. And I think, especially in the world of music, they are constantly birthing new identities, and I think this is one of them, you know, and I I just it's to me, it's pretty aggressive. It's just harsh, and I just like, to it's weird. I weirdly, just like a natural beauty. And I like sometimes when people who are constantly on stage and constantly in costumes and constantly like changing their makeup and shaving their eyebrows and stuff, sometimes I just am like, wow, they're so beautiful. Like, you know, I remember the first time I saw Gwen Stefani without red lips, and I almost died. I was like, she is stunning. Not that she's not always stunning, but it was like amazing. Same with Kim Kardashian. Like I think sometimes when we're so used to seeing people with so much, sometimes that paired down is like so beautiful and equally is shocking. Like if Gaga came in with like nothing, yeah except a soft blow dry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Gaga came in as like with a nineties like soft blow dry and like a like a Chloe dress or something like that, Like that.
Speaker 2: Would be really shocking.
Speaker 1: That is shocking, as like the goth step cut that we are the whole thing.
Speaker 2: From the Grammy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think we're going to see the step cut at Fashion Week?
Speaker 1: Yes? I do. I think we'll probably see it on some models because it is a little.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like edgy, punky. Yeah, so I think we're going to see some model.
Speaker 1: Yep. Grammy Is twenty twenty five has concluded, Thanks so much for joining us for our quick Grammy Fashion recap. Award season is in full swing, so we're excited to do more of these red carpet recaps for all of you. I also want to point out that I think, you know, there wasn't a whole lot. It was very hard, I think, for people to figure out what to do this award season because it feels so wrong to do anything that's celebratory. But I think the way that the Grammys really paid tribute and raised funds for the wildfires felt so good. It made me think that it should always be that way, you know, for different because there's always another charity element. There's just always something disastrous that happens in this country. You're not wrong that I think we should do that more often. Thank you so much for listening, Everyone to Climbing and Heels. If you haven't already, please subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, the iHeart app, or wherever you get your podcasts. Don't miss a single episode this season. Be sure to follow me on Instagram at at rachel Zo and the show it at Cleming Hills Pod for the latest episodes and updates. I will talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: So much