Speaker 1: Now You're mad, even introducing ghosts Wrestling Wind for Ready Jeff.
Speaker 2: Died and for Ready Friends Junior. What's up, everybody? Welcome to the final episode this season of Wrestling with Friends. Mister Jeff dies here and if you get to see the little clips that we post on social media, he's looking like Seamus right when they hit him with the spotlight. The sun is bright in Sherman Oaks. Let me tell you send him my way. Man, it looks like he's in a freaking rain over here. Anyway, Welcome to the show, everybody. I've been cracking up while Jeff tries to fix the glaring sun that's blasting through his window and it hasn't been going well. And we'll leave it at that. But we had the super Bowl on Sunday. I had one buddy who had two buddies who actually got to go to the Super Bowl and watch the bud Whoopin' that took place. I'm a Raiders fan, so fuck both those teams. To be honest, Jeff, did you watch the Super Bowl? Did Jeff fund?
Speaker 3: I watched Super Bowl at a friend's house. The right team won. I'm not like a huge Eagles fan or anything. It's just when a team that hasn't won a super Bowl in my memory wins, I get happy for them. I'm like, good for good for the Chiefs that they won a super Bowl. And then when that same team wins two years in a row, I go, all right, we're getting a little greedy. And then if they try to win three times in a row, I go, They're not an underdog that I want to root for anymore. Now, this is just some unless it's my team. If it's my team, I want them to win ten times in a row. But I didn't want to see the Chiefs win three years in a row, and so you know, it's not fun to watch. So I was rooting for the Eagles, happy about that, even though the game was boring.
Speaker 2: That's a very consistent opinion for you because you prefer Cody Rhodes's story to the title then post titles, so you do like an underdog in a story, and that's consistent and I like that. Have you ever been to a Super Bowl? Freddy? Uh No, I don't think so. I've been to a World Series. I've been to WrestleMania. I don't really watch hockey, so I've only been to like a random game, like a King's game. But it was fun to go to a Kings game like an actual hockey game. I guess a lot of people who don't like wrestling, if they go to an actual like event, they really like it. That was hockey for me. But I haven't been to their finals, and uh, I think that's I've never been to the Olympics. No super Bowl, but Sarah's been to like three super Bowls. She almost went to this one too. Yeah. Yeah, my buddy McCauley went. Uh, you guys know mcaulay culkin. He's big wrestling head. He went to the Super Bowl this year and missed fucking game night, which is bullshit, No for real, mass shit makes me mad, But I hope he had fun. And uh, and my buddy Rio was out there in uh in New Orleans. I made a movie down there. I like that. Yeah. Rio is a good dude, man. Riol's a really good I love that city though. So if anybody in New Orleans is listening, I got nothing belove for you, baby. Let me share this super Bowl story with you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when the Seattle Seahawks played the Denver Broncos in New York for the Super Bowl. I went and sat front row.
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 3: This is me and the confetti of the Super Bowl when the Seattle Seahawks won.
Speaker 2: And let me just tell you what jersey is. That? What jersey is.
Speaker 3: Marshaun Lynch, the star team who should have been the MVP two years in a row. Now you think, all my friends in Seattle, all my friends in Los Angeles, all my friends around the world, see me on Instagram and go look at Jeff Die living his best life.
Speaker 2: He's got money now, he has a career.
Speaker 3: Now he got to be in the front row when the Seattle Seahawks won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you it isn't better. I was. I spent a ton of money. I was cold.
Speaker 3: I only got to be with like one of my friends. All my friends that are like envying me. They're at their house with forty of my other friends, jumping around, hugging each other, loving that the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. It wasn't worth bragging that I went to the Super Bowl and spent all this money. It's better to be with the ones you love and just enjoy. Sure, I went, Who cares? They got to be like they spent zero dollars. They got to eat all these snacks and treats and drink and they got to be together. It's much much much better to just enjoy the game on television.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, I thought it was gonna be happy story. It means everybody else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it means like you don't have to like think, you think to yourself when you look at Instagram, Oh, it must be better to be there.
Speaker 2: It isn't it's better picture.
Speaker 3: Well that's that's the only part I get out of it, is that I get to brag that I went to this thing.
Speaker 2: But who cares. We got to grow out of that bragging crap. Well, we win to a friend's house. All our kids are friends and uh my son is friends with their with their kids. My daughter just knows them, but they all love my daughter. She's cool chie. So my daughter and I got into two eighty Z and we cruised to the valley to their new house. Their house burnt in the in the Palisades fire, So this was kind of them saying, hey, please come and check us out at our new house. They already got a new house. That was a fast transition. Well, they're renting, they're they're they're renting a house and uh, so we went over there. I went in and I was meeting new people, which is always awkward, and uh one of the moms brought nachos and she had some nachos there and nobody was touching the nachos. And I was like, well, I'll be a nice guy, man, you know, I'm trying to watch what I eat. But I didn't want her to be bummed. And so I go and I one of the guys that I met is walking over at the same time, but he's going for some pretzels and I grabbed some nachos off the plate and I eat him. And this dude I just met this dude and he goes, hey, man, did you you want these? And he offers me some tongs and I'm like, oh, bro, like come on, man, that's how you're gonna do me? Like I just met you and you just put your hand in the pretzel bowl like what's going on? Like this is how we're gonna like get off? And I was like, oh my man, I didn't even see that. I'm real real sorry. I'll make sure to use it next time for you. And he was like okay, okay, and he said it down. I was like, well, we're not gonna be bro, that's impossible for this, And now you do that to someone you just met. Man like he saw how careful I was. I grabbed a chip. I didn't even want any KNATCHO.
Speaker 3: I would have I would have just double I would have over corrected. I'd have been like, oh, you're right, you're right, Well yeah, next time, next time, but nah, sanitizer?
Speaker 2: Do you want some hand sanitizer? I noticed you're buying the food table. My man literally went in the pretzel bowl and then tried to germ shame me, but uh but I uh, I took it in stride. That's why I never go out ever, and I never want to meet new people. But party, we still had fun. We had a good time to watch Super Bowl. I want a little more from the Kendrick Lamar halftime show. Uh. To be honest, I definitely wanted more. I didn't think it was his best stuff. But I think he's about to go on tour. So he was like, man, this is a rehearsal for when I go on tour this this summer and then do my thing. Well, it's not like they pay him all that much to do that. They don't pay him anything, you know, they make sense for the halftime show. Yeah, so I don't get too mad at him if they're like, yeah, you know what, I'm just gonna make sure my dancers get paid and I'll take it out of my own pocket and get the exposure and we'll rehearse. It'll be a dress reexposure. What a silly word. That word ever, I will say this, though I liked the halftime show, I thought it was great. I thought it was I thought it was entertaining. I didn't understand Sam Jackson's character during it. What was he Was he playing the guy from Django Unchained or something? What was he doing? You know? It wasn't you know how like in rap records in the nineties they had like skits. I get the skit.
Speaker 3: I didn't get the character. It's like, why did they do this? What's the message? Some sort of anti American like we don't like that?
Speaker 2: Well, people get pissed off at hip hop. Everyone loves hip hop. We all like it. If you thinking of like and talk shit about hop. No, the hip hop everyone's comfortable with. But like a lot of the Kendrick lyrics come under a lot of criticism, a lot of criticism still to this we must live in different worlds.
Speaker 3: I don't know anyone who would even have the balls to say they don't like hip hop.
Speaker 2: We got dementals. It wasn't even until like it was nineteen sixty or nineteen. I think it was nineteen sixty when you could like do drugs and have sex in movies like that was illegal to do it before that. So some people just trip and hold on for a very long time, and some people hold on too long. And some people that you know are super chilled and actually dig hip hop, and I guess is fucking good. Yeah, he's what you just named was sixty five years ago. Yeah, there's a lot of people that wish we could go back to those times.
Speaker 3: Man, I don't know anybody it's eighty years old. Watch in the Super Bowl going, what's with this hippie toppy?
Speaker 2: What is the hippie hoppy? Who is this guy? Exactly exactly. They're getting upset and they want to be hurt. They're tired of being ignored the retired portion of our population. They're tired. Well, I agree, they should do old man skits in hip hop. Records. Actually, that would be remember the one in the ice cube one where the guy he's like doing that. He's got this guy in a dentist chair and he's like, I don't know that. All right, all right, buddy, just sit back in the chair here and fix your teeth. And the guy's like, oh, okay, you can fix my teeth. He's like, yeah, this laid back, got some novacaine here and brace yourself. And all of a sudden, you just hear a real gunshot. Shit like made everybody in my cort jump because I had like a six stereo system. It was fucking great. That's when I started loving sketches and hip hop records. But anyway, it's our final episode of the season, you guys, and because you guys are awesome and you listen to us, even when we talk about hip hop, and even when we argue about the decency of people, you guys still show us love. So we're gonna be back for season five, and you're gonna come back just in time for WrestleMania. Jeff, how's the weekend? Bro? How was good? I already asked you how super Bowl was? But how was your weekend?
Speaker 3: I was in Denver, did some shows at the Bug Theater, which was really nice, and then got to hanging out with my buddy Josh Nelson. Shout out to him and my buddy Brent Tobler's shout out to him.
Speaker 2: Didn't I meet Josh? Yeah yeah that Yeah, he's good. Yeah. He was really nice.
Speaker 3: And then came home in time to catch Super Bowl. So it's a very chill weekend, but it was great and Denver was cold.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think Josh would trip on me for the Nacho full pop, but part of my friends would. Yeah, we don't care. Alex, please take over and drive the cart. I got you, I got I got a couple of questions here.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let everyone know who asked it, and I'm gonna ask tell it to you. You guys, answer your the best you can. This first one's coming up from Rainbow Goodness. Reddie and Jeff gave me three AEW talents you would love to see in WWE and three WWE talents you would love to see in ae W.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, we gotta switch them over. Yeah, we gotta trade three for three. Let's do this together. If you want, We'll come up with three together.
Speaker 3: I will say that it's hard because we're currently in a a in a time period which everything changes where WB is definitely winning the battle, So be hard to move guys from WB to ae W at this point.
Speaker 2: But let's that'll be the challenge. But we'll just come up with three combined and that'll make it a little bit easier, all right. First off, I can do the first one. I would love to see Will Hobbs with the WWE power behind him, to see what WWE has done with Penta, who was really underbooked. I don't know if that's a term I'm just creating it now or or it's just out a word, but you guys know what I'm trying to say, you're right underutilized, under booked, underutilized, under booked. And to see what they've done with him in just like three short weeks is a night and day as far as how the perception of someone is right. We have a perception that changes when we look at everyone else's perception. We gain perspective, and I think now everybody can kind of have a stronger perspective on the talent that Penta has because we've seen two different sides of it. Now. So I'd like to see them try that with someone like Roy Hobbs, who could like pick up anybody and just throw him out of the ring. He'd probably throw me four rows deep like Hogan did Rocky Baba and Rocky three. I'd like to see. I'd like to see him. You want to see me get thrown out of the rocking ring? Awesome, I'd like to.
Speaker 3: I'd say, I got to go with my boy, and you got thrown four rows.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Thanks, I'll be hurt and injured, so you go now, and then I'll try to come up with a third one.
Speaker 3: Uh. My prediction is sorry, my my move is also a prediction. I believe that MJF is going to come to WWE now. I also wonder if MJF will shine as brightly in WWE. I know that he's got all the chops and talent and words and mic work and muscles and ability, and in rank performance, he lacks size. He's not a very tall big guy, and I wonder if maybe that's what keeps him comfy over in AEW is the lack of height. But I would love to see if he could be a gigantic star over in WB and I mean, Cody Rhodes, at least from my perspective, was just searching to be a big star for so long, and now it's finally happened. I couldn't have predicted how big Cody Rhods would get in WWE.
Speaker 2: I would have never foresaw that.
Speaker 3: So I wonder if MJF watches that and goes, hmmm, I wonder if that could be me over Like, I'm much more talented, in Jeff's opinion than Cody Rhodes, so maybe you know, maybe he thinks, hey, that should be me over there.
Speaker 2: I like your speculations, sir. I like it very much, all right. I think for the final one that I'd like to see, And this is more because I can't think of the way to do it off the top of my head. And remember all these questions, I'm not pre reading these. I didn't even know which ones we were doing. I was reading the wrong one, so so bear with me on this. But I think I would try to see what they could do with Orange Cassidy, because I have no idea how they would book him, and I think that would be the challenge that I would present them, right Like, if I'm Orange Cassidy, and they're like, yo, we dig you man, your contracts up. You should come over here. He should like put it back on them and be like, like most artists should, Well, what's the plan? Show like you, what are you going to do? Because I'd be interested to see what their vision of him is, because to me, he's such an aw guy that I can't initially see him in WWE getting a push that would be equal to the push he's received in AEW But I'd be damn interested to see what they could do. They took Jay Usso from a tag team guy that was way overlooked and they were, you know, mid card to headlining WrestleMania soon, so they can do something with Orange Cassidy. How's that, Alex? Are you satisfied with that answer?
Speaker 3: I actually let me interrupt real quick. Go ahead, you got a fourth. Well, here's the thing I disagree with you. Oh and I'm gonna I've said a lot of controversial things on this podcast. I'm about to say the most controversial thing on this podcast that I've ever said. Okay, what, I don't want to see Orange Cassidy anywhere except like house shows. I think the first time you see Orange Cassidy, it's the funniest, coolest thing you've ever seen. And then the second time you see see Orange Cassidy, you nudge your buddy and go, oh, this is great. Watch this, You're gonna love this. And then the third time you see Orange Cassidy, you go big whoop. The fourth time you see it, you go, I don't care anymore, the fifth I just don't care anymore. So I wouldn't want to see Orange Cassidy really anywhere. So I totally pick away. I totally ok. I totally disagree with you. I was the complete opposite on that. When I first saw him, I didn't get him. I didn't want to get him. I thought it was hokey.
Speaker 2: But I thought the same thing with Babe when I first saw Adam Cole, and then eventually I came around, and then eventually I was like, dude, that I'm cold sick on the mic. And that's kind of how it hit with Orange Cassidy. It started off where I was like, what is he doing? Man? What's with these soft fake kicks? Like why is he doing that? And now when I watch it, I'm like, Yo, that's math funny. I gotta show my friends this.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a difference between music and jokes, right, Like when you go see Credence, you want to hear all the hits you like to re You like to hear music, and wrestlers are musicians. You want to see them wrestle. You want to see the music. But with like comedy, right, you better you can't hear the same joke over and over.
Speaker 2: We got to have new jokes.
Speaker 3: And I think that Orange Cassidy's a he's a comedian, he's a joke. So it's like, I've seen the joke. I get the joke. What else do you got? I want to see more music and less less joke.
Speaker 2: I get it. I think he has a pretty good balance of it. It's it's real limited. When he does he just does it. Wants a match, And the sunglasses thing is cool as shit. I don't care what anybody says. This ship is just badass. When the pulls them out of the referees pocket or puts them in your pocket, that's just fucking cool. He's like small, I know, but raymis Teradio is small and I love Ray and Sean Michael's as small as hell, and I love Sean Michaels.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's doing like a Johnny Cage meets some sort of comedic.
Speaker 2: I like it. I'm fine with it, but I just i've seen you just don't want to see it on w Doug what else you got? Well, now you're throwing me. You know what I want to see. I want to see Mercedes Monday go back to w W too. That's that's the one I would trade back. I don't. I haven't clicked with a single story they've done. And I think she's way cooler than how she's been portrayed. I think she's worthy of better stories than she's been given. And uh, that's what I know you agree with, so we can vetoed me Bro. I want her to get over.
Speaker 3: It doesn't mean, you know, sometimes you see a wrestler not getting any response from the audience and and you like it make you go good, I'm glad that that good person's not over or whatever. I don't enjoy watching her not get over. I I like I like her when she's a star.
Speaker 2: It's weird to hear an audience not be screaming her name or booing and cussing her name, and it's it has always been one or the other, and it's it's not right now, and I don't I don't dig that, So there, boom, there you go.
Speaker 1: The next one was coming from Peter Surrs and he says who ultimately dethrones Cody Man.
Speaker 2: I was ung on this. I thought he would have a little back and forth, but he's their new Sena, and it's really hard to bet against Sena unless there's an orton there to kind of go back and forth with. And I guess there can only be one of those, so it has to be Roman, right, But is Roman going to be a full timer and carry that weight all over again or is he going to try to make movies. So right now, I'm gonna say this isn't. I don't mean this as a cop out Nobody. He's the new face, he's the new brand. I don't think he's gonna lose it for a really long time. He's gonna win WrestleMania and probably not lose it again until the next WrestleMania. So I think they'll find ways to do stories the way they have the Kevin Owens thing, Cody went from having no story to a really cool one with Kevin Owens. So they can do it. But yeah, I'm gonna say zero people. What about you, dude, I that's tricky.
Speaker 3: I do think anybody that I could see taking it away from Cody is already kind of too famous and in a way moving on or at least becoming kind of part time, like the Ramins and the Scenas, Like they're kind of all moved on, right, And I don't see anybody. This is another kind of mean but controversial thing to say, is that, like, I'm not that excited about Jay Usso and Goonther, like that does nothing. I think Jays all those guys, I like all the rest of us, But that doesn't that's not a WrestleMania story to me, Goonther and jay Uso and.
Speaker 2: So it's not as big a title as Cody's title. I'm also not.
Speaker 3: A seth guy, Like, I don't think he's gonna be as big as like a Sena or any of these guys used to be. So for I, I some I definitely agree with you, Like, I don't know who could take it from Cody. My only guess would be it's gonna be one of these next guys who will slowly become the face like a bron Breaker.
Speaker 2: Or a La Knight.
Speaker 3: I'm still hold on hope to l a Knight, one of these kind of next guys who will transcend into the face of the of the industry.
Speaker 2: Jef, what do you think about Brown Breaker winning the Royal Rumble next year? And then I was one, Yeah, dude, I could see that a star, like just a star. Yeah, I get that. I heard he works Matt hard to backstage, like on his promos and stuff like that. I heard his work ethic is like top shelf. All right, that's that's good. Well, we disagree on a lot of stuff, man, but uh, I still love you, Bro.
Speaker 3: Not Orange Cassidy. I don't see him dethroning Cody.
Speaker 2: We disagree on SETH two. I think that's the ment. But I hear you, dude. It just makes me cry on the inside.
Speaker 1: This next one was coming from NERD David Freddy. Out of all the characters you played on screen, which one would you like to play again? But in the world of pro wrestling, your movies would make the best pro wrestling storyline.
Speaker 2: Man, that's tough, man, because like there's I know what you did is the easy answer, right, But if you think about it. Raised not like the best fighter. He gets like one shouted by Ryan's character. I don't remember his name, sorry, and he kind of gets beat up by the fishermen. I don't remember his name, sorry, And uh it's over twenty years ago, man, laughing at your career, and you go, you lucky. I remember my guy's name. I only do because I'm actively shooting the sequel to it right now. Otherwise that have been like from Mark Brian, Ryan Ray. It's right. So I don't think that's the one. And I can't do the cartoons because that's cheating. That would be that Jedi that I played in the Star Wars cartoon thing, and that counts. I think it counts. But it's not a movie, he said, movies, bro, So I'm gonna go with the movie that nobody saw. Well, that like a few people saw because the Star Wars trailer was attached to it. But it was called Wing Commander and this dude his name that sucks. I don't remember his name either, but he was like he had this like power to like chart his way through space without a computer, without a NavCom right, and he had an AK forty seven that was modified to look all futuristic, and he shot fools with it, So he would probably be the best guy to come in for me in the wrestling world and win. I'm not trying to just lose all the time. I'm not trying to be a jobber. I'm trying to beat a champ. So I think that guy would have the best shot. But man, I can't remember his name. That sucks.
Speaker 3: What about the character you played where you killed that hot young chick and put her in a pool bin.
Speaker 2: Oh the girl in the pool man, he was a bitch bro like, he made soft decisions the whole storyline. You know, you'd be a pretty good heel. You know, be a good storyline, that's for sure. You'd love to see him get his ass beat. That's yeah, that's a good idea, Jeff, that's good.
Speaker 1: This next one, I hope I'll mess this up. Is coming from Cartik Merchra. Yeah, hey, Freddy, love your show. It's always a great listen prior to my boxing training on Fridays.
Speaker 2: Oh hell yeah. Here's my question. What are your thoughts on AJ styles?
Speaker 1: WW Championship runs in twenty sixteen twenty seventeen with Max and Sina and Do you see him having a bright moment soon again.
Speaker 2: I remember it well because that was when he built the house that he built, which was SmackDown, and he had great championship matches against those guys. AJ's a lot older, so I think the story with AJ is like the Jimmy Connors Wimbledon story in the late eighties early nineties, where he was basically retired and no one gave him any credit, Like he wasn't even ranked in at the Wimbledon tournament. And he wins his first match. Oh, that's a nice story. He's in his forties, man, it's it's cute. He got one more and then he won his next match and everyone was like, god, damn, Jimmy Connors won another fucking matchup, wimbled in. Oh, well, this next guy's ranked like number thirteen, so he's fucking smoke him. And then all of a sudden, Jimmy Connors put it on his ass too, and they're like, hold the fuck on is Jimmy Connor is gonna go to the quarterfinals. It fucking wimbled it, and eventually everyone bought into this story. And then right when when America was behind him, you know, the age caught up to him and it was just too many matches in too many days, and Jimmy Connors couldn't win the Wimbledon title that everyone you know thought he was gonna. So I think that could be a really cool story for AJ Styles. The only reason I think that might not happen is because I think that's gonna be the John Cena story, which is he keeps saying the championship seventeen seventeen, so I can hand it to the man that gets eighteen. And to have that, I think seene as at a point in his career where there's where he wants that tragic kind of ending instead of like the hero's ending, because he was the hero for so long and he's changed a lot since I worked there. So that's why I think he sees he's like a cooler, unique story and so I think that might be his storyline where he loses a big match at WrestleMania and the other dude and the other dude wins. So I don't know about Agent, but I think maybe you could give him something like that because I think this is his final, like probably his last contract.
Speaker 3: What about you, Jeff, I had hoped that AJ Styles would be the he's the right age to be the next guy. As far as what we were just talking about, how I was saying, like, who's the next Sena, Who's the next Roman reigns? And I think I thought aj Styles was on track to be that kind of guy who just was no matter what you knew, he was going to win. I don't I'm not good at predicting these type of things, but I wouldn't mind seeing him dethrone Cody. I think that that's maybe a guy I wasn't thinking of a second ago when I when I said.
Speaker 2: That, I think a gas match.
Speaker 3: He's so worthy and I think he's paid his dues. Remember how much we want wanted him to come over to WWE for so long and and then we got him, and he was getting pushed for you know, years and years.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I don't think he's done.
Speaker 3: So I think there's hope for sure, and I'd love to see him get that big uh that big push. I don't I'm not going to predict if it's gonna happen, but I'd like to see it.
Speaker 2: We blew that trivia question back in the day that Alex asked us on the Phenomenal one, and I went to Fiam and said taker and of course it was aj Styles.
Speaker 1: All right, Alex. Next, this is coming from Hank Nizzle. How did you and Jeff meet? What's the story with how Jeff joined the podcast? The podcast is definitely better with him. I feel like you did this with your burner, Jeff love the pro Freddy Prince sound effects too. I'm assuming that means when you're like body slamming people and talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh those are those are top shelf sound effects man, that's like Michael Winslow's son. That's that's basically me. Mexicans, Loved.
Speaker 3: I know you're Puerto Rican, but Mexicans, you know, are always speaking with their sounds. You know, half half of his act, half of Fluffy's act is noises. You know, half of the language is whistling, you know, so I think.
Speaker 2: It's in George Lopez has done that. I've heard of Latin that. My dad even did that. You do the whole do the whistle. That was a good try.
Speaker 3: H we met because he was a guest on my podcast, the Jeff Dive Friendship Podcast. We had a mutual friend Josh Wolf, and I'm I'm a fan of Freddy the same way everyone else is. And then so I was like, oh, dude, I'd love to have Freddy on my podcast. And Josh is like, dude, I know you and I know Freddy. You guys would be great friends. And so I was like, if you could set that up, that'd be awesome. And then I like to use this term, we fell into friendship. You know, the second I met Freddy, I was like, I love this guy. To hang out with him anytime I feel like, you know, you fall in love. I fell into friendship with Freddy. And then we just kept going back and forth talking about wrestling on our phones, and then.
Speaker 2: We and now we're bros for life. Deal with it, America. I love that.
Speaker 1: This next one is from Ian Kennedy. Good Day, Freddy and Jeff. I listened to the podcast weekly. My son and I are off to Brisbane tomorrow to attend ae W Grand Slam. Hell yeah, we went to Perth for the Elimination Chamber. Have you thought about running the Freederation in Australia. There's a large independent wrestling scene here. Last December, our local show in Canberra, Slam Wrestling had over two thousand people. Attend rage in the cage.
Speaker 2: That's h First of all, I love Australia, man. I've worked there a bunch. We did the first Scooby movie there and we basically lived there for six months. That's how long it took the film movies back then. And I've been to Brisbane and had a lot of fun there. I've been to Sydney, had a lot of fun there. We filmed in the Gold Coast, had a lot of fun there, but that was more like old people. So it was like like old school casinos where people were playing bingo and lots of golf. And I'm not into golf or bingos, so that quite wasn't quite my town. But I loved Sydney and Melbourne. I've never been to, but my wife's been there a bunch. My wife's even dove the freaking Barrier reef in the nineties. Man, like back in the day. She's a hard my wife more artcore than people realize. Man. She'd be jumping out of planes and shit if the family would let her. But anyway, I talked to a stunt guy when I was shooting I know you did last summer down there, and he was talking to me about wrestling. He was like, dude, I listen, May I listened to your podcast. I was like, fucking in Australia, that's badass, man. And he was talking about Big Wrestling Head and he was saying the same thing, and him and I were kind of fantasizing about what a wrestling federation would look like in Australia, and I basically came to the conclusion where it was like, Yo, what if I could like like Braveheart where he's like talking to Angus McFadden's character and he's like, unite us, Unite the clans, Unite the klans, And that's what we came to. It was like, we got to get all the indie feds, unite them all, bring it all under one roof, and have that be the traveling one so you can just combine all their fans into one. And I was like, man, if I actually live down here, that would be an achievable dream. But living in Australia is just not an achievable dream for me. In general. I like being in America. This is cool ass country too. Australia's badass. I love working there, but I love being home. So yeah, so it just wasn't a reality at the end of the day, and I wouldn't want to do it remotely because that's a one foot in kind of thing. Man, that's sort of a bitch move and that I can't. I can't do that. I'm all in or I'm all out. So yeah, I really love that question, and I would love to unite the clans, but brave Heart, I am not. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of tough to move your family and everything to a whole different country.
Speaker 2: To chase my dream. We got listener reviews. Jeff, do do do? Do?
Speaker 3: Do do?
Speaker 2: For this first one? This first one's from a Mark Underscore. Sorry, I didn't mean to mess up your name, bro Underscore a Mark and the subject is Seth Rollins would be furious and this fool gave us a five star review. Uh so you know it's money. Uh here we go. Does anyone remember when Seth Freaking Rollins. I love that he used the freaking in there, when Seth Freaking Rollins would talk about how the WWE needs a real champion, not someone who's a part timer like Rogan. Rogan Roman, we miss you, Jeff. I want to acknowledge you, but you're busy being a part timer. Bro, he thought you a part timer, but he loves you anyway. What's your response to a Mark dude?
Speaker 3: First of all, a Mark, thank you for the kind words before you dunked on me.
Speaker 2: I do love you, buddy.
Speaker 3: Uh. Well, you know what, guess who's a part timer in pro wrestling?
Speaker 1: The rock?
Speaker 3: And do you get disappointed when he shows up? You don't you go, oh my gosh, the rocks here. You don't cry about all the times the rocks not there. I'm doing my best. What it is is I've never had success before, you know, so then with this six, this new success, I'm managing it terribly. I'll go to the airport and then they'll be like, oh, your flight's delayed seven hours, and so then I've got to just miss an episode. So I'm doing my best. I am as committed as I can be. I love you and uh and I'm trying my best. I second that emotion.
Speaker 2: A second that emotion. And he would always be here, but a lot of times he's stuck circling the burbanker. Yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 3: That's such a stressful feeling too, because you can't text when you're in the air. Like they they all these airplanes say they offer Wi Fi. It's the worst Wi Fi in the world.
Speaker 2: You know, the only WiFi that works. And nobody ever gets to fly this airline because they only go like one or two places. Hawaiian airlines really best. Why do I fly a lot of frigging airplanes? I just flew Kuanas Quantas was pretty solid, but there's a dead patch because you're going over the middle of nothing. Right, Hawaiian airlines from La to and it also goes all the way to Atlanta. I think sometimes to Hawaii is five star Internet. It's just best, the best flight attendance, the coolest captains. They talk to you. They don't you don't miss shit. They're like, yo, there's whales. Check it out. You're like, oh shit, there's well, Like they're so cool man, I'll freaking love Hawaii. And their seats are comfortable, and if you pay for first class, you don't get like screwed on a seat that is like just like one inch bigger, Like they're actually bigger seats, so you'll see like big dudes and basketball players sitting up there and they're like actually comfortable instead of like squished up, like we're taking my family to Hawaii because we didn't make the playoffs. It's always better that way. So yeah, so they have good Internet. Thank you for the review, underscore a mark and we appreciate you. Next up, Oh, this is a great name, Anxious Flamingo. Anxious Flamingo's given us five stars and the subject is the name of our show. And here's the review. My favorite podcast to start the day. Freddie and Jeff seem like good dudes. We are good dudes. Both are big wrestling fans who keep their opinions honest, but in a positive way. Freddie's behind the scenes of when he worked in WWE is a cool feature that leads to some six side quests. That's funny that you said the way I would say it. Just comedic background leads to some good laughs. It feels like I'm hanging out with friends talking wrestling. I've had a hard time getting oh whoa wait a minute, I've had a hard time getting into WWE, so some episodes I'm just here for the ride more aew would be awesome if you have to appeal to the masses or just aren't as big of aw fans, I get it. I'm just as interested in hanging out and hearing how life is going for y'all. Look forward to the new season. Take care yo, that's nice, Anxious Flamingo. I totally hear you. If you were listening to us last year, you heard a lot more ae W. And then we got a user uh, a listener review that said, hey man, all you're doing is talk about AW. You hit us with some WWE, and so I try to take people's critiques and criticisms to heart and UH and implement that kind of stuff. So we have been talking more w w E. The only reason we haven't been talking as much AEW lately is because I don't feel that they've been focused that much on the character stories outside of like Ricochet and Swerve and maybe one other, whereas ww's got like five stories a week that it can hit you with. UH, So we've been speaking about them a little bit less just because I can't. I can't tell you how match was, Like, I'm not a wrestler, I'm not an anything, Like, what what the fuck do you want to know that for? I can comment more on like the stories and the promos and and that that kind of stuff, But Uh, but I appreciate you and if we can get more AW in there, we will. Jeff, what do you think, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's tough, Like I think that you know, we go in in and out the way that the wrestling brands go in and out. So it's like, you know, when wb' is the most popular thing on the market, like we kind of tend to talk about that more. And when AW is popping, then we like to talk about aw Moore.
Speaker 2: But we you know, we will do.
Speaker 3: Wherever Alex, our fearless leader, guides us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, blame Alex. Yeah, the best way to go. Stay tuned for Unsanctioned Thursdays. You guys were going to get into more of your questions. It will be our final final episode of the season, but this was our final episode of the regular airing Wrestling with Friends on behalf of Jeff Die and are Awesome producer Alex. We wish all of you a wonderful, wonderful time off as well. You can listen to old episodes if you want, or just keep watching wrestling the way we will peep. This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, app podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.