Speaker 1: Welcome in episode four oh six of What's Right with the Right, presented to you by our friends at boost Mobile. A reminder to everybody it helps us out a ton if you like, rate, subscribe, review, and also a reminder next week next two weeks because Christmas is on our regular Christmas and New Year's are on Thursdays, so we're gonna do regular shows on Tuesday, and then our weekly gambling show will probably come out earlier in the week, you know, probably maybe Wednesday, maybe Thursday morning, I'm not sure each of the next two weeks, So two shows a week for the next two weeks. But right now we're gonna get into week sixteen, and first, demand'say, we have to look back on Week fifteen, which wasn't great but was not disastrous and honestly only one pick that I hate the process on, even though two of my picks got annihilated on. So we went two and three, which puts us on the year thirty seven, thirty six and two above five hundred, but not profitable. But again, I don't know if you guys have been following some of the other major podcasts out there that are doing you know, they've been publishing their The whole network is doing a picks contest. Everybody every shows like five games, six games, eight games under five hundred. We're just muddling along at five hundred, not feeling great about it. We'd be crushing over there. Here were the picks. Buffalo minus won at New England winner, Seattle minus thirteen and a half against Indy. I don't care. I like the process. Seattle kicks six field goals, punch it in a few times, Guys Vegas plus eleven and a half at Philly. Again, Philly had blown out one team all year long, and I didn't think they could do it. The Raiders is just awful. So is a bad pick on me. San Francisco minus twelve and a half against Tennessee win by thirteen. Some of those you can say, good, bad picks whatever. The only one where the process was bad was Sensing because I did a whole rant about Joe Burrow having an existential crisis about his future in the NFL and with the Bengals, and then I took him plus two and a half against Baltimore like that. That was just dumb and so bad job by me on the Bengals pick I was trying to remember whether or not, because I if you guys, remember I said there were some other picks I liked that I didn't you know put in. One of them was Cowboys minus six. They lost out right, so that one wouldn't have worked. Another one was the Rams minus six. That one would have worked. But whatever, two and three and still a really good chance to finish the year profitable. We just need to have, you know, a four and one week here and there, some three and two weeks and we'll be fine. A game over five hundred as we enter the stretch. And as always, all our spreads are brought to you by our friends at hard Rock Bet, which is why it's a great time to tell you where I bet on sports during the holiday season. Hard Rock Bet not just because they're the presenting sponsor of our show, because they make it easy to bet on my favorite teams, players, and leagues in a few simple taps, especially with the brand new for you page that recommends picks based on my favorites and who I like to bet on. I open the app, go to my for you page and bet and find a bet I like, and then bam, BET's placed just in time. When you get back to wrapping presence and enjoying my favorite Christmas movie. Sign up today. Bet five dollars on any game, and if it wins, you also score one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets. A winning bet plus an extra one hundred fifty dollars to bet with. Now that is spreading holiday cheer. Plus. Hard Rock Bet fills your stockings with new promos daily, so whenever you're listening, just open the app and check out what they've got any day of the week. Download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit today. Payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. In Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eighty eight admit it. In Indiana. If you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee or Virginia. All right, so Demanse, let's get right into it the stay aways, etc. Before we get to our five picks.
Speaker 2: Our first stay away is Philly at Washington, Washington six and a half point dogs.
Speaker 1: So here's why I'm staying away from this one, demnse Becuz a divisional home dog getting almost a touchdown against a shaky offense feels like a spot that I should jump on. Washington plus six and a half. However, as skeptical as I am about Philly, I have to be open to the possibility that last week was not just about them playing the Raiders. Then it also was they figured some stuff out and they are about to start rolling as they get ready to defend their championship. That, combined with the potential emotional letdown for Washington of shutting Jaden down for the year season from hell official, I'd just rather stay away. My lean in this game is Washington getting the points, but I'll stay away from it.
Speaker 2: Next one, uh, Green Bay at Chicago, Chicago's one point with dogs.
Speaker 1: I I don't love. I want to see green Bay without Micah and see how big of an impact it has on the defense, because it felt like it impacted the defense within that game last week like that, that game flipped in part when he went out. I also could see Caleb because he is in the part of his career and he is He's not like a steady player yet. The highs are high, but the lowser lows. He just had a great game. I could see him regressing a bit. And the first week, first game against Green Bay two weeks ago, it was just a tale of two halves. He was so bad in the first half, but then so good in the second half. So in other words, I don't have a good feel for this game. I think my pick is Chicago, but it feels like a coin flip. The line is a coin flip. Will stay away from it.
Speaker 2: Next Jets at New Orleans. New Orleans four and a half point favorites. Just not watching the game, I imagine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just didn't want to listen. This is if I were a professional sports better, if it's how I made my money, then you know I would have an obligation to handicap every game. But at this point, this late in the season. If it's a game this bad between teams this bad, I don't want to spend a lot of emotional energy on it. I know, Listen, Tyler Shuck's played well as of late. I still don't think we're at a point where laying more than a field goal with Tyler Shuck feels smart, and we haven't been at a point all year. We're betting the Jets getting less than fourteen feels good, So all just stay away from it.
Speaker 2: Next one, Cincinnati at Miami, Miami's four point dogs.
Speaker 1: Cincinnati does not deserve to be road favorites of more than a field goal against anybody. How, getting its first start, that's the thing. That's that. So that's the I can't bet on Quinn Yours, the seventh round pick, getting his first start, yeah, without seeing him play. And I also can't lay four points with Cincinnati, So we're staying away this one. This next one to mind's I thought long and hard about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Buffalo at Cleveland, Cleveland's ten point dogs. You wanted to take Cleveland? No, I wanted to take Oh, you want to say Buffalo?
Speaker 1: Okay, wanted to take Buffalo, But Buffalo next week has the Eagles they're coming off that huge comeback against the Patriots. Feels like little trap game spot. Buffalo has not been a good first half team, need him to cover ten. So it's just to me, I like Buffalo, but it just feels like a workman like win is at least possible rather than a blowout. So and we know, listen, shador in Cleveland will go They down seventeen, gonna go for a backdoor cover all. Just stay away from it, Stay away from Buffalo. But the lean was Buffalo minus ten all right.
Speaker 2: Next is Minnesota at the Giants. Giants three point dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just Jackson Dark just lives in the concussion tent. The Giants just want the season to be over. JJ McCarthy playing the best ball he's played as of late. Still don't feel like he's earned the right to be road full field goal favorites. Will stay away.
Speaker 2: Next, What about nine though, JJ McCarthy, there'sh yeah, that guy keep going. Okay. Next we got Atlanta at at the Cardinals. Cardinals are three point dogs.
Speaker 1: Again, a lot of bad teams road favorites like we have. Cincinnati is a road favorite, Minnesota is a road favorite, and now Atlanta as a road favorite. Arizona has just been such a dead team as of late. Kirk is coming off the best game, you know, one of the best games he's played as a Falcon. I just still feel like it's so square to take a bad team on the road and lay points. But I don't. I'm not taking Arizona getting a field just a field goal, so I'm staying away.
Speaker 2: Next next is Pittsburgh at Detroit. Detroit seven point favorites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I thought long and hard about the Lions here. This feels like a Lion season on the line at home against a Steeler team that's kind of, you know, maybe flying a little too high. I also thought the single funniest moment of the week was the Rogers cast offs press conference.
Speaker 2: Dude, I haven't seen it, but I've heard it how it went, and like he got mad that they were classifying him as an Outcast's funny. It's like, dude, you got dropped by the Jets, bro, you're an outcast. It's so he.
Speaker 1: Does forty five seconds.
Speaker 2: And names teammates.
Speaker 1: Who he loves and about how they're cast offs.
Speaker 2: Oh, in that fashion.
Speaker 1: About his teammates, about how they're all cast offs. People didn't want them, and now they're doing it. And then the reporter says, not like meanly, it's like, oh, well, you know, do you by that? Do you consider yourself a cast off? And Rogers like can't help himself.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, I'm not cast off.
Speaker 1: It was so funny, man. But so I like Detroit. But laying a full touchdown against a Mike Tomlin team in December has not been historically a great bet, so I'll just stay away from it, But man, I will I like Detroit.
Speaker 2: Next next is Vegas at Houston. Houston's fourteen point favorites honestly might be able to take that Houston minus.
Speaker 1: Fourteen minus fourteen. I almost did, but I.
Speaker 2: I mean, best defense in the NFL right now.
Speaker 1: Raiders line Raiders is such a mess. You certainly can't take the Raiders at this point. But I don't like the zig zag for like I've been backing the Raiders getting burnt. I think the response to that is stay away from him, not all of a sudden back the other side. And then it's SoJ Stroud.
Speaker 2: He's been good for the last few weeks, but I mean he hasn't been.
Speaker 1: But right, and they hadn't been, Houston hadn't been throughout the year blowing anyone out. That's changed a bit of late fourteen's a lot. The Raiders are so bad though, I mean they're they're so bad, all right.
Speaker 2: Last one Monday Night football, San Francisco at Indy Indy six point dogs.
Speaker 1: I really stared at San Francisco here. The issue is this, I because Philip Rivers showed us this past week he's just gonna get the ball out immediately, immediately. And the Niners have sixteen sacks as a team this year. They've just been so bad. So like, are the Niners going to be able to exploit what you should be able to against, you know, a forty four year old quarterback? I don't know, but I'm certainly not backing Philip Rivers against Robert solid defense, So I'll stay away, all right. Three picks, including a first time ever on this show. I think reminder all the lines are from hard rock. Bet Demonse, what's the first one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did just notice Kansas City, Tennessee wasn't in the staleways. Uh, you have it in here, and it's Tennessee plus three and a half versus Kansas City you're taking Tennessee.
Speaker 1: I think the Titans are gonna win this game, out right, guys. I think that the combination of the drop off from Mahomes to Minshew and everything Patrick was papering over, plus the Chiefs still dealing with these devastating offensive line injuries, plus the emotional let down for everyone on this team having played in nothing but huge playoff games to playing in meaningless regular season games, Plus the fact that I don't know if Chris Jones is playing, Plus the fact that I think if Travis has one moment left in him, if he is gonna step away. And I don't know that he is, but his podcast this week sure made it seem like he was. That's gonna be his final home game next week at Arrowhead against Denver. I just think the Titans are gonna win, and no, I honestly I think it. I don't think it'll be I don't think it'd be a bad thing for the Chiefs to get a few games of seeing what they would look like with bad quarterback play as a reminder of especially because they don't know if Patrick's going to be back for the start of next season. You know what they need to do so I just think the Titans win, and I'll take the Titans and cam Ward getting three and a half at home against the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, it's a new regime we got.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me tell you something else real quick, because as you guys know, I'm in you know the Obviously I bet through hard rock bet, but I also have that group chat where we bet with each other, and very often in that chat, I post a chief's money line, like, Hey, I'd like to bet the Chiefs at minus one eighty or whatever. Does anybody want to take the other side of it? And there's one guy in that chat every time who whatever I So if I say I'm willing to pay minus one eighty on the Chiefs, he'll swoop in and say before anybody can fill my bet, he's willing to pay minus one ninety on the Chiefs. So I then come over the top and say, all right, I'll pay minus one ninety five, and then he takes that bet like he wants to take my chief's bet, but he wants it at a better price, so he overbids me. So I have a plan this weekend, which is I'm going to post that I want the Chief's money line at a too good of a price and anticipate he is then going to come in and bid on the Chief's money line at a reasonable price, expecting me to then overbid him. And then I'm just going to take his bet and say, okay, okay, no problem. So you have the Chiefs set that price, buddy, and I'll take the Tennessee. I've been I've been waiting for this. I almost did it on Thanksgiving, except I bet the Chiefs to win. I didn't want to bet the Cowboys, but he on Thanksgiving did it to me. Uh in that game, and I ended up paying a real bad price on time. Right now the good point, all right, So I'll take Tennessee plus the three and a half.
Speaker 2: Next the next we got Tampa Bay minus three at Carolina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is just a line in the sand game, flatly. Uh, Tampa Bay wins this game and they essentially lock up the division. Uh, they lose this game and they're gonna have to fight for their lives for the remainder of the year. I think I know Tampa's playing it's worse for ball of the season. I think that they can rebound from it. I think they've been They're better than they've shown over the last six weeks, and I wouldn't I love this game at two and a half. I'm okay with it at three. I probably wouldn't bet it at three and a half. But Tampa minus three at Carolina as Tampa Carolina has been a nice story. I still think Tampa has high end upside, even though they've just been playing terribly the last few weeks. But they also have to feel like we blew a fourteen point lead in the waning moments a game we had no business blowing whatsoever. And was that hold on the game?
Speaker 2: I feel like the first time you see him, considering you gonna see him again? Go ahead?
Speaker 1: Sorry, well no, that's what I thought. They also have the little added benefit of the extra rest because that game against Atlanta was Thursday night, So all that, I'll lay the three points with Tampa.
Speaker 2: Next next, you got Dallas minus two versus the Chargers.
Speaker 1: So the Chargers offense has really struggled and Herbert has struggled this last month. They have been winning because of their defense. Right. The Chargers also just won back to back wildly important, down to the final moments game of the year type of things for them in thrilling fashion in both ways, back to back game sealing interceptions Monday eight football against the Eagles and then Sunday against the Chiefs. They also because of what's happened to the Chiefs and because of what's happening to the Colts, they now they lose out and they're eighty percent to make the playoffs, like they don't need it. They you know, they the because for them to miss the playoffs, they would have to lose out and the Colts would have to go on something of a run. I shouldn't say the Colts have to go on a run, but the Colts would have to win two of their final three I mean to that's basically going on a run. And so I think Dallas this is an elimination game for the Cowboys. I think Dallas, you know, has been you know, a week two week team in that some weeks they look like as good as any team in the league, and then weeks like last week, they just look awful against the Vikings. I also do like that this game is at I that obvious. I like the fact that this game is in Dallas. I don't love I will admit the fact that Philly plays the night before, so because if Philly wins, Dallas is eliminated from the playoffs. So I don't love that piece of it. But I also feel like Dallas is probably feels like we're you know, we're close to eliminated either way, and I just think, you know, Pickens needs a bounce back performance at some point, dak is going to perform. I think that Cowboys quinnin Williams and that improved D line against the Chargers O line. I just think Dallas is a good spot here. I'll lay just two points at home against the Chargers in a game the Chargers don't really have to have.
Speaker 2: Next get Jack's plus three at Denver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a bit of a I don't want to call it letdown spot Denver because this is a big game for them. But Denver had been playing up until recently nothing but close games. Even last week. They're down nine in the second, you know, in the second half of that game and then play their best football of the year. But the Broncos and the you know, they played Washington to overtime. The Chiefs game was a three point game. The Raiders game was a three point game. The Texans game was a three point game, so getting the three points matters. The fact that Denver, I think, recognizes that all of a sudden, that Chiefs game becomes so in such a soft spot for them that they don't have to have this game. And the Jags are red hot, and the Jags are turning people over, and teams on insane winning streaks historically have been terrible covering teams. There have been fifty teams to have eleven plus game winning streaks or fifty instances of eleven plus game winning streaks since nineteen ninety. Those teams are fourteen and thirty six against the spread. So I'll take the Jags getting three points and then last one to Monsey.
Speaker 2: New England plus three at Baltimore.
Speaker 1: I say New England's better, and I'm getting the points. I don't believe in the Ravens. And I didn't know that Lamar's never lost a game in weeks fifteen through eighteen until right now. Now he has two seasons. He was out all of weeks fifteen through eighteen, but that is noteworthy. But I just think the Patriots, coming off a terrible loss in a game, they had to have Lamar missing practice again a little under the weather. I'm getting the better team, and what I think right now is the better coach and the quarterback who's playing better. And I'm getting a full three points, So I'll take the Patriots. So my three picks this week are the Chiefs getting I'm sorry, the Titans getting three and a half against the Chiefs, the Bucks laying three at Carolina, Dallas laying two at the Chargers, Jacksonville getting three at Denver, and New England getting three at Baltimore. Before we get to Demonse's teaser, quick note from our friends at boost Mobile. You ever notice how everything keeps going up? Rents going up, streaming services are going up. Your favorite burrito spot suddenly thinks, sauls it should cost extra. With boost Mobile, you and your phone bill don't have to play the will this go up soon? Game? Why? Because boost Mobile has unlimited talk, text and data plan at a price that will never go up. In fact, it's the same price you'll pay for life. So switch now for unlimited wireless at a price that'll never go up. Only at boost Mobile. After thirty gigs, customers may experience lower speeds. Customers will pay twenty dollars per month as long as they remain active on the Boost Unlimited plan. All right, the rare teaser lost Demons, tell me you know what happened and where we're at this week. Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was last week's three team eight pointer. It did not hit because I bet against Baltimore. I said that if it didn't cover, I had good hopes for them in the postseason. It'll mean that, you know, we want a divisional game. Stuff's looking rough before that, so I should have just taken Baltimore. I should have just teased through Baltimore, to be.
Speaker 1: Honest all that, But I mean, I guess.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so so solid. So that's what we said.
Speaker 1: Let me just say one thing real quick. You were getting ten and a half. It's seventeen to nothing late and the Bengals are driving in the red zone to make at seventeen to seven, and you cover and van Ney gets the pick lateral ends up being a pick six.
Speaker 2: Like, Yep, it was great for team twenty.
Speaker 1: Four, doesn't right? Good for ten team chemistry. It was closer to a ten and a half point cover than it seems. Yeah, and then the other two ones were stone locks the whole game.
Speaker 2: Yep, Chargers thirteen and a half and then Chicago plus half point both win.
Speaker 1: So what are you doing this week?
Speaker 2: Another three team eight point teaser at plus one hundred and I am going to be teasing Tennessee up to eleven and a half. I'm teasing in Buffalo to minus two, and then we got Pittsburgh to plus fifteen in that game. Yeah, I feel very strongly about this one, Like this is probably second or third teaser that I just felt like, this is a lot.
Speaker 1: If it were me, just if it were me, Okay, I would have taken out Pittsburgh and I would have put in Houston because I do see a scenario where the Lions just roll. And I think there is no scenario where Houston doesn't win by at least a touchdown. But you're you're getting all the key numbers, you're passing all the teaser fundamentals here. Buffalo is a great leg, the Titans are an excellent leg. I'm gonna give you an A an A.
Speaker 2: And since we lost on the B minus process, so it's fair.
Speaker 1: To yeah, exactly, we are not doing a touchdown Genie this week. The juju's bad on it right now, we're letting it sit for a week. What offer do you have for me?
Speaker 2: So last week we asked for the Chief's money line plus s G a win in the NBA Cup Final. They didn't make it to the NBA Cup.
Speaker 1: Yeah that stones and are on both sides.
Speaker 2: Yes. So this week, this is really funny because I was thinking about this. Trevor, Trevor two plus past touchdowns and over two hundred and twenty three and a half yards at plus twenty eighty six, did you take that?
Speaker 1: No? No, I am not gonna take that. Bronco's pass defense too scary. I'm not. I'm not tying stuff into listen. I like the Jags plus the points. That Broncos past defense too scary.
Speaker 2: Just win the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not. I'm not doing it. But I do love the picks. This week feels like it feels like a four and one week. I don't know which one is. The feels like five and it would be great. Feels like four to one week. I love two thirds of your teaser, but I'll root for all three legs of it. Uh. We will talk to you guys again on Tuesday, Christmas Week. Reminder, everybody like rate subscribe review It helps us out a ton, huge thank to Blue Duck, huge thanks to Volume, huge thanks to hard Rock Beat Boost and of course our friends saying see you guys soon. What's right,