Speaker 1: Feels like yesterday the Dolphins acquired Jalen Ramsey in a blockbuster trade with the Rams. Now the seven time Pro Bowl quarterback is likely changing uniforms again. Here what GM Chris Greer had to say today about why Miami plans to move on and what it would take to possibly part ways with Tyreek Hill Senor Sanders already on the move, off to Las Vegas to see the Raiders and then back to Boulder for a big workout with the Giants. It's not the only quarterback getting a closer look from Big Blue. We will tell you the latest on their options at number three.
Speaker 2: There's also always.
Speaker 1: A sleeper or too in the NFL Draft, So let's talk about one of the long shots. Former Jackson State star IRV Mulligan joins the show again. If only there were a word for getting a do over. Welcome inside with the Insiders alongside Ian Rapaport and Mike Gara.
Speaker 2: Follow I am Tom Glicerro.
Speaker 1: We are just nine days out from the kickoff of the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin. We have a very very special guest coming up in just a few minutes to really dig deep into this draft all that it means all the big decisions.
Speaker 2: You are not going to want to miss that.
Speaker 1: But let's start out with some news around the NFL, and it began early this morning when Ian and I reported that the Dolphins and Jalen Ramsey have agreed mutually to explore trade talks. Now, GM Chris Greer did speak to the media clarified that Ramsey did not request a trade, but Ramsey and his agent David Mulagetta did have discussions with the Dolphins in recent days, and Greer said it became clear that it was in everyone's best interest to move on in Dallas. Another member of the Cowboys offensive line is walking away.
Speaker 2: Their longtime tackle Tyron.
Speaker 1: Smith, ha spent last season with the Jets, officially is going to sign a one day contract and retire as a member of the Cowboys or the best of his era. An eight time Pro Bowl selection, certainly a candidate for Canton in a few years. Again, the draft is fast approaching, as is the deadline on Wednesday to have pre draft workouts and visits That will include Jalen Milroe going through a private workout with the Giants, who continue to explore their options at quarterback or elsewhere. With the number three overall pick. That list also includes Shador Sanders, who the Giants are going to visit in Boulder on Thursday and put him through a private.
Speaker 2: Workout as well.
Speaker 1: All of which is to say, Mike, the Giants are not just focused on one person. Perhaps we already it tad too much into these private workouts here. It does sound like this is part of a process that they had intended to proceed on in this pre draft ramp up the.
Speaker 3: Entire draft process. Often when it comes to player evaluations, we'll say, well, what is the public finding out that the team has already known? And it's like we kind of say that there really are no true risers, even though that does happen from time to time, but there's no risers because the.
Speaker 2: Media is just catching up.
Speaker 3: Well that's sort of what happened here, because this news broke in the middle of our show last night and it was isolated to Shador Sanders, and then today it was like, well, they're also working out Jaylen Milroe, They're also working out Tyler Shuck. So the initial reaction of why are the Giants just scheduling this now and why are they doing this for Sanders? They're scrambling. Did they learn something new? No, this was part of the plan all along. And some players, especially quarterbacks, don't want to work out for teams privately until after their pro day.
Speaker 2: Sanders had a late pro day.
Speaker 4: The Giants have been in draft meetings.
Speaker 3: They just happened to set this up for this week. The Milroe one's going to be late as well. The Tyler Shuck won as well. If you're wondering where Jackson Dart isn't all this, they worked him out a while ago, just so happened to work out that way. So my understanding is all along the Giants had wanted to work these players out privately, just like they did last year when they didn't take a quarterback up high at number six. They're doing it again this year after the pro days. Shador Sanders and the rest of the quarterback here. So don't read too much into it. We'll let you know it next week when the draft starts. What the Giants are gonna do?
Speaker 4: How about that.
Speaker 1: Somewhere out there, Russell Wilson, Jamis Winston watching closely to figure out exactly what that room is going to look like. They're not going to have to wait a whole lot longer because the countdown is on for the twenty twenty five NFL Draft, presented by bud Light, watch all seven rounds across three dras live April twenty four through twenty six, with NFL Network Draft coverage presented by Verizon, also streaming on NFL Plus on ESPN ABC at ESPN Deportees. Subscription required for NFL Plus. Did we mention it will be streaming and broadcast on ESPN. Well, take a look at Melkiper Junior's mock draft that you can find right now at ESPN dot com. He's got a couple of those quarterbacks up there, including Camboard at number one, Chador Sanders at number nine.
Speaker 5: But there's so much more to dig into, so let's bring in the man himself, Melkiper Junior, taking his debut right here on the Insiders. We've got so much to talk to talk about with you here tonight, Mel But I really want to know you've been doing this for decades, the final week of the leading up to the draft.
Speaker 1: What is your life like right now? What all is going through that beautiful head of Harriers.
Speaker 6: Sammie and Mike. It used to be Tom not anymore.
Speaker 2: Pout.
Speaker 7: Believe me, this is going going go on. But in terms of what I'm doing now is I'm getting the ratings board finalized, doing all the podcast first draft podcasts we do tomorrow, me and Field Yates and Greeney, and then basically just doing the radio TV and then in between just doing all the final checks, getting medical reports or the interviews, the intangibles, all the things that will factor into those final grades, and I'll have that filed this weekend.
Speaker 6: It'll be all over. So final mock draft was four point zero.
Speaker 7: Ratings go Saturday up to ben Ardleoche at the ESPN and then we're into Green Bay on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: We will see you there, Mellon.
Speaker 2: And one player who.
Speaker 8: I want to talk about obviously figures prominently in this coming draft is Shador Sanders. We talked to ear on the show out his Giants workout. Obviously he's been visiting. He's been a big time focus for all of us and obviously for quarterback needing teams. How do you view Shador Sanders compared to all of the other quarterbacks? Breakdown what he brings to what he would bring to a team.
Speaker 7: And he's old school traditional, he really is, and I look back at my right up when Drew Brees, when he came out at six foot in a quarter.
Speaker 6: You know, you think about the lack of great arms.
Speaker 7: Strant talked about wind and where he went was important obviously Chargers, then New Orleans where he won a Super Bowl in that dome. And I really believe Shador into Orleans will be a great fit with the Saints. You played Dome, Atlanta, Dome, Carolina, Tampa. That would be a great fit for Shador Sanders the New Orleans Saints. And to me, this about his toughness, right, how about the fact he had no running game? Okay, omari On Hampton and Ashton Genty had more rushing yards in two games, and they had their leading rusher had the whole year.
Speaker 6: So he didn't have the benefit of a running game.
Speaker 7: He had not benefit from an offensive line could block anybody at least two years ago.
Speaker 6: They couldn't got a little bit better this past year.
Speaker 7: And he's accurate, He's precise anything everybody wants, decision making, accuracy, toughness he has. Now he's six foot and a half. Can't change that, right, But six foot and a half is moar than good enough. Now and these in this day and age, and then you think about arm strength.
Speaker 6: Arm strength gets better.
Speaker 7: It's been proven with you know, Peyton and Brady and Drew Brees and others. So for me, Shador has what it takes now. Well, he has to be supported by a really good offensive line.
Speaker 6: That's why I said about Tom Brady when he was picked.
Speaker 7: So, yes, he's not creative like cam he doesn't have the mobility of cam he doesn't have the rocket arm of cam Ward. But certainly Shadoor in the right offense with the right personnel around him, can be great.
Speaker 2: How much do you factor in with him?
Speaker 3: Because he's your top rated quarterback right if I've got that correctly, how much do you factor in? You know how much he's been able to handle things off the field, everything he's seen. Is that part of your evaluation as well? Or is it strictly just on what you're seeing on the field.
Speaker 6: It's everything, Mike, you had it.
Speaker 7: He really is prepared, and I think being in that pressure packed environment of expectations played for all these different offensive coordinators, he adapted to what was expected in that situation that he was in, whether it was Jackson State, whether or they goes to Colorado and they start off great. Remember the upset TCU played for the national title. Then it went ourry, I think started to break down because the offensive line couldn't block anybody. Can't beat them if you can't block them. Yet, s your door never pointed fingers, guys. He never assigned blame to anybody. And that was the one thing that really stuck at even his showcase. Right you saw about the receivers. Hey, they're going to get a little winded. I got to make sure I back off. I'm just throwing the ball, Okay, he said, I don't have to throw one ball. I don't have to throw the ninety nine mile fastball all the time. I got to make it easier for my receivers. So Chador thinks like a pro, he acts like a pro, and certainly Dion always did. This circus atmosphereverybody said was going to come when when you select Shador is ridiculous. You guys, know, nobody worked harder and Deon, nobody prepared more. Nobody was loved more in that locker room than Deon, both as a football player as a baseball player with the Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 6: So all that garbage about the circus. You don't want that. There's no circus coming with Shador.
Speaker 7: The only thing's coming is professionalism, class and great football.
Speaker 1: Mel You go back to last year's draft, and you had six quarterbacks, of course, taken in the top twelve, pick six guys you can easily argue projected as actual NFL starters. This class is a little bit different. How many bona fide starting quarterbacks do you see in the twenty twenty five draft class.
Speaker 7: I think you might get four out of this group. Maybe that's stretching it, maybe a little bit. I'm talking about successful.
Speaker 6: They're gonna get, They're gonna get their opportunity. But I did a test.
Speaker 7: I went back into some restarts back in nineteen seventy, and you'd be shocked at the percentages and how they go down after the first five picks in terms of hitting one. Successful starting quarterbacks now just guys that get out there and start. But are you a winning, successful starting quarterback. It's really tough gota catch lightning in a bottle, basically, but cam Ward certainly will be expected. Shador will be expected to be that guy Jackson Dart QB three. Then you go to Tyler Shuck Jaln Milroe. Then you get into some question, but Will Howard and Kyle McCord, Delan Gabriel, they're gonna get opportunities, but they're not all going to hit.
Speaker 6: They're not all going to successful.
Speaker 7: So I think the intriguing guy out of all this is Jaln Milroe because the talent is an abundance, but the accuracy is waning.
Speaker 6: That accuracy is an issue. Can it be fixed?
Speaker 7: Like Josh Allen, Josh Allen to me coming out, I knew, I thought he's going to be great. It's one of the highest grades I've ever gave a quarterback. Jalen Milroe will not have nearly that high a grade because after the first four games this year, he was not only missing short, intermediate, deep, he was just all over the place and not seeing the field. So for Jaln Milroe, if you can fix that, the talent, as I said, rocket arm, tremendous runner, and you can have packages rim guys right away. Hope you want to feel this year for whoever dress Jaln Milroe. But well, the passing, the pure passing skills develop and improve, that will determine his fate at the pro level.
Speaker 2: I wondered that about Milroe.
Speaker 8: Might a team that already has an established quarterback take him and say, you know what, this year, he's just going to be a package guy, just gonna run some just to get him on the field. And then after that we'll see I want to go specifically to the receiver position.
Speaker 4: I believe, correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 8: I believe you have Golden over McMillan. If that is the case, take me through why Matthew Golden is ahead of Ted McMillan. And then where do you think the run on receiver starts.
Speaker 4: In this draft?
Speaker 7: Yeah, remember a few years ago when he went with twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, twenty four that Jackson Smith and jigba is A Flowers, Jordan Addison, and then Quinton Johnston. So you may have a situation similar to that. But I think when you look at Matthew Golden, he is separated. In my opinion, Let's tay Travis Hunter out.
Speaker 6: Of the equation.
Speaker 7: Let's just say true pure wide receiver only. Matthew Golden's the guy. He's nailed the whole process, starting back in August when he got on that field, transferring over from the Houston Cougars. He became quietly the guy he was supposed to be others. It was him talk about making big plays down the field. Nine games, the average twenty plus yards per catch. He runs four two nine at the combine.
Speaker 6: He is ready to go. He gets great separation.
Speaker 7: You don't have to throw into tight windows with guy like Matthew Golden. That's why he has emerged as the number one receiver that's purely a receiver. With Dallas Arizona, that middle of the first round area basically right now is as far down as I think he will drop.
Speaker 8: Now you mentioned Travis Hunter, I want to go back quickly to that before the other guys get another crack at you. It seems well see, but it seems he likes himself as a receiver. I don't know about more than at corner, but a lot. How do you view him as a receiver, maybe compared to the kind of corner that he could be.
Speaker 7: I think he's spectacular both ways, and he hasn't even focused on one. He's been out there with a stamina in the endurance of somebody that's you know, just an alien because you cannot do what he did at the level he did it, and and just say, okay, you're not going to be great at this spot, but you may be okay over here. He was great at both spots. And he was out there counting and the number of players own the field. His head's always, his mind's always in the game. Okay, this guy eat, sleeps, and drinks football, and the talent is off the charts. So you get, as they say, two for the price of one. Dion said it perfectly. He said, Oh, you're gonna be late in the game, but at the end of the first half when at last, and you're gonna have Travis on the sidelines when your cornerbacks are getting beaten it the team's moving it down to the field.
Speaker 6: No, you cannot. So he's got to play both ways.
Speaker 7: If you talk about what are the things you try to do in football, You try to score, he can do that. He can put points on the board. You try to prevent scoring. He can do that playing corner and be another cover guy. Say for the Cleveland Browns who have some young corners they like, but they don't have any juice on offense, you know, everything electricity on offense.
Speaker 6: You know they playmakers fear factor players and Cleveland.
Speaker 7: Wide receiver catchup passes scoring touchdowns will be the focus. Helping out in coverage late in first half, pick your spots, latent games, what do most of these games come down to the mid portion of the fourth quarter and beyond. That's the way Travis Hunter I think will be utilized in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Let's going to the running back position, mel because about ten years ago, I remember some of the conversation being will we ever see a first round running back ever?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 3: Well, we did, and we've seen plenty of them, and we've seen the impact, and now we're back to Hey, the running.
Speaker 2: Back is sexy.
Speaker 3: The running back is top ten, perhaps even top five with Ashton gent I mean, it's not like the draft years ago when you had three running backs in the top five. We're not going to get there. But with genty, does what Saquon Barkley did last year help him as far as the team saying, well, if we do take them top five, that's fine because we could see the impact that he had and on top of that, he's of a football player too.
Speaker 7: Great question, Mike, because people say no because Philadelphia was a finished product with the missing link of Saquon, so you need to be that kind of team. I started this stuff twenty some years ago, saying he shouldn't take a running back in the first round, and I got yelled at, I got ridiculed, I got you.
Speaker 6: Talk about it. I destroyed.
Speaker 7: And now it seems like I'm defending these running backs because they were always guys graded on ability. They weren't great at doing my philosophy with something to.
Speaker 6: Say, it was ridiculous. But now they're not saying that. Right.
Speaker 7: But when you look at Ashton Genty and omari On Hampton, they're rated very high.
Speaker 6: I have a you know, Genty is four on the board.
Speaker 7: I got Hampton's gonna end up probably around thirteen fourteen. They're outstanding running backs. They're complete running backs right and now I think there's a little bit of a drop off where others may think. Tradyon Henderson is close from Ohio State, a lot of help from Quinn Shawn Judkins. He was not durable until this year when he had some help and he had carries taken away by the other back and he became a game breaker. I think he'll be a nice second round pick, maybe to the Bears, who have two picks at thirty nine and forty one. But Genty is special and a Mario and Hampton is just a shade below. So those two backs are going in the first round. Will Genty be a Raider? Will he be a Chicago Bear? Will Hampton be a Cowboy? Will he be a Denver Bronco. I think I'd be a great pick at twenty for Sean Payton if he gets Amrio and Hampton there to help out Bowe Nix. They don't have a great running back there right now, anything close to it. Hampton could be that guy. Well, the Raiders who couldn't run the football, help out Geno Smith with Ashton, Genty, port drafting armand Membo from Missouri.
Speaker 6: The offensive lineman Yo.
Speaker 7: And if he gets to the Bears, I gotta believe Ben Johnson if you imagine if Tyler Warren and Ashton and Genty are sitting there for the Bears, like, can I get him both? Is there some way we can get now you'll get one. Well, that'll be a tough call if both of them are sitting there. We'll see how it plays out. But I think both those running backs, like you say, will be really good and he'll be really good, good right away.
Speaker 2: On the side of the ball.
Speaker 1: Mill Abdul Carter is the main name that we've heard in the mix of number two and number three, the elite prospect on defense in this draft. How good of a prospect is Abdull Carter historically and how big is the gap if there is one from him and everybody else on defense?
Speaker 7: He's special, he could he should be ten to fifteen sacks a year. He's got that kind of bend. He plays all out every snap of the football. He saw the way he chases, he plays the run, he steals the edge. He's just a warrior on the football field. Now he has the foot issue that he's dealing with. They won't need surgery. But I think when you look at Abdul Carter, you could argue he's the best player in the draft.
Speaker 6: I have him like one a right behind Travis Hunter. That's the thing.
Speaker 7: You have Travis Hunter, who's generational because you'll never see a player like this ever again. And then you have Abdul Carter, who you're talking about double digit sacks automatic, right, that's what you need pass rusher. So now you're saying, do we get Shador do we put Shador in that position at two three over the guys who are one on our board or two on our board. That's why Shador drops down just a bit because even for me, who I love Schador, he's at five on the board, Abdul Carter's at two, Travis Hunters at one.
Speaker 6: It's tough to pass when you're picking, you know, two.
Speaker 7: Three, you got to get a guy above that when you're bored, you know, not below it, but above it, okay, or you're reaching a bit. So I understand why they would pass and wait it out a bit, but certainly New Orleans at nine is the spot.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 7: Then you're getting the fifth best player at nine. That's what you want if you're the New Orleans size. And by the way, what happened drafted a quarterback in the first round and what fifty four years since Archie Manning?
Speaker 8: That is the craziest out of all time. I do want to talk historically, or not about Archie Manning, but I want to talk historically about you. And I would never ask you Mel to sing your own praises, but sing your own praises for just a little bit. You've been doing this a very long time you are the expert, what is your favorite draft hit, one that you nailed that no one else had, that you're still proud of to this day.
Speaker 6: It's one that nobody will ever remember.
Speaker 7: Nobody ever is gonna They're never gonna talk about it because it wasn't made an issue by Rich Brooks, who was coaching the Rams at the time, and when he was interviewed right after the pick, and I was very critical of their two first round picks. They drafted Lawrence Phillips and Eddie Kennison. Kennison from LSU, I was critical of both picks. I said, I would have drafted Eddie George and Marvin Harrison. Okay, Eddie George Marvin Harrison as opposed to Lawrence Phillips and Eddie Kennison.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: It turned out pretty good. Right when they talked to Rich Brooks about.
Speaker 7: It, Hey, Melkkiper's back there. Well, Mel's right to his opinion. We liked the players we drafted. We'll see what how it all plays out, but we're really happy and everybody, as an opinion, it went by the boards. Nobody made no issue of it. Now, Rich Brooks was at Kiper's and Eddiot he knows nothing about the draft. I don't know why the hell he's on there.
Speaker 6: He's a joke. Cut out all of it and made an issue of it that way, then it.
Speaker 7: Would have been always spotlighted, right, But it wasn't because it wasn't commenting on that way, and it wasn't. The answer wasn't what maybe a lot of people thought it should be. So Rich Brooks handled a certain way and it was forgotten. But going back over the years, that was the worst one.
Speaker 6: We're not going to talk.
Speaker 7: I think you guys know the worst one. It's always gonna punt me forever. But that's the way it goes. But when you talk quarterbacks, but you're gonna have hit or hits in this says, but that's the one. Like I say, a couple of hits that, like I said, nobody to this day whatever I remember pretty good.
Speaker 2: How they will. We're a very popular program.
Speaker 1: The last we arount of time, Tom, we used the last time, last thing for email real quick. I thought you had another question, Mike, last thing for Emal.
Speaker 2: I'm curious about this.
Speaker 1: I read one time, want me to Go that your first contract at ESPN was worth four hundred dollars one is that accurate? And in nineteen eighty four, with no email, no cell phones, presumably you know, obviously no digital video or anything.
Speaker 2: What were you doing? How did you do the job?
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 7: That's a great question, because I had to make calls to schools to get basic fundamental statistical information that you had to have. I would be on the phone, well my landline, which people don't have anymore. They'll do about twenty to twenty eight hours a week just calling schools, getting sacks, tackles for loss, you know, receptions, average per catch, all the stats that you can get now at your fingertips. I had a call and spend le say, twenty to twenty eight thirty hours a week making those calls, and all of those conversations that you thought would be five minutes aren't to be an hour. And in that hour I got a lot of information I didn't anticipate getting. That's why I tell kids, don't text, don't even call and speak to somebody.
Speaker 6: Develop relationships.
Speaker 7: A lot of these sports information directors being great friends of mine for thirty forty years guys.
Speaker 6: So that's what I had to.
Speaker 7: Do and had that big monster dish on the on the roof and ramble Wood Road back in Baltimore, that luckily our neighbors had no problem with because it was a monster on that roof when nobody else had it. So that really helped me immensely, and then making calls and then working is I always say to kids, three words.
Speaker 6: Should be on that T shirt with all these different sayings you have.
Speaker 7: The three words should be pay your dues and if you had, if you attack it, you work hard. I didn't know when the report started it would make a penny, if it would be a business or not earning. Of course it was a huge factor and encouraging me at sixteen years of age. And then when he offered me that position with the Colts in nineteen eighty three didn't work out, but they said, hey, keep doing what you're doing. Fans crave this information. Keep it going, and I think you can be successful at it. So Ernie, of course you thought enough about me not to bring me in with him because he.
Speaker 6: Thought he would be leaving. I said, what do you want to do, Erne, keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 7: Five months later got to call him the ESPN to go up an interview if it wasn't for Ernie, of course, you guys, somebody else will be working at ESPN doing that job. I would have been probably chicked to the curb by the Colts because Ernie would have been gone, and I don't know what the heck I would be doing right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, not to date you, but we all grew up watching you on that NFL Draft. You're part of the lived experience that we have as kids in parlay, a big factor of what we do now. So make sure that that iPhone you're keeping your desk that you don't use, make sure that's charged before you get on the plane into Green Bay.
Speaker 2: We'll try to connect with you there. Man, appreciate you being here.
Speaker 6: Tommy and Mike appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Guys. Awesome, Thank you though NICs Budd.
Speaker 1: Mel kiper junior part of the NFL Network ESPN Crossover. He continues all this week. Kyle Brant saw him on Sports Center earlier. Dangel Jeremiah's going to be on NFL Live. You're gonna be ab to see field Yates here on path to the draft as well, and so much more. Stick around all week as we count down the final nine days until pick number one goes on the clock in green Bay, So dour Sanders probably not going to go number one, but could he still come off the board quickly? Next Thursday night, we'll get Baldy's impression of the Shador Sanders stock right after this on the Insiders, the NFL Draft, presented by Bud Light is coming to green Bay. Experience the history of lambeau Field, see the Vince Lombardi Trophy and Super Bowl rings, and meet NFL players and legends. Register for free entry at nfl dot com Slash Draft Access.
Speaker 2: Today. Quarterbacks always drive at.
Speaker 1: Least the narrative in these different NFL drafts, And according to Bucky Brooks, he's in the same boat as mel kiper Junior just had an awesome interview with us. He's got Shador Sanders at number one, ahead of the presumptive number one pick, cam Ward Jackson Dart among others. Time now for count on It presented by Toro. We can always count on our Brian Baldinger, who tonight, Baldi, I want you to break down Shador Sanders. You just heard mel not taking a breath, not putting a period on the sens is he can roll man, He's a big Shador Sanders fan. Tell me what you see and the potential fits for Shador.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, I'm gonna take a breath here a little bit unlike now. But Mel hit on a lot of good points here.
Speaker 4: Tom.
Speaker 9: The thing that's interesting because I was at the pro day that the Giants and Cleveland a lot of teams attended back on April fourth, so eleven days ago, and you know, in talking to Pat Shermer, his offensive coordinator, this was the fifth offense that Shadur has learned. And the reason why he installed the offense, which, by the way, is you see a carbon copy of what Chip Kelly ran at Oregon. In Philadelphia. It's four wide receivers, you have your inside receivers, your outside receivers, your quarterbacks that have shot down with the running back. Because his best five players with Shador in the four receivers, including you know le Chante Western and.
Speaker 2: You know Travis Hunter, Diricks, et cetera.
Speaker 9: But they install this offense because that was the best way to move the ball.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the best for Shador.
Speaker 9: It wasn't the best for protection max protection going through progressions because what teams saw was short edges, a poor offensive line and Shador basically having the maneuver and get the ball on his hands. Because he wasn't the most blitzed quarterback in the country, but I think he was as Max blitzed a quarterback to his doors. And you don't see Max blitz is in college. You don't see blitzerials in college like you do from Steve Spagnola, like you do in the NFL. You just because the offenses are spread, the safeties are back, don't get informations where you can Max blitz very often. But Chador saw it, and he actually did really good against Max blitzes where he identified it number one pre.
Speaker 10: Snap and then number two.
Speaker 2: He knew where he was going with the ball.
Speaker 9: And so I think when you evaluate Shador like he's got an incredibly accurate deep ball, a lot of deep balls against these blitzes. He just held onto the ball as long as he could and then let it fly, let his receivers go get it for some big plays.
Speaker 10: And then the other thing was that guy will throw it from a dirty pocket.
Speaker 9: Tone you want to chest his toughness, you want to test you know what kind of armor he has. He's no problem staying in there looking down at you know, proverbial gun barrel and delivering a ball like he is very tough, and he's very patient with the ball, waits for his receivers, you know, before they can break and get it out. There's a lot of things to like about him. One of the reasons why Bucky has them number one, Meil has them number one. Some of these intangibles against the blitz of what you really like about him right now to stage.
Speaker 1: Nine more days till the NFL Draft, Probably a lot more baldy in that span as well.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you being here, buddy.
Speaker 1: Also could be nine, ten eleven days until we get answers on the future of Jalen Ramsey, who appears to be on his way out in Miami. Hear what Chris Greer had to say today about why Miami plans to move on from a seven time Pro Bowl corner. Jalen Ramsey and the Dolphins have mutually agreed to explore trade options, as Ian and I reported this morning, and as confirmed later by general manager Chris Greer, who explained how things got to this point where the sides are going to explore trade.
Speaker 11: After a couple of weeks of discussions between ourselves internally and Jalen and his representation, we decided that it was probably the best interest for all parties to move forward. So I will say these decisions aren't done quickly and they're not taken lightly, because we spent a lot of time this offseason working through this, talking through things. At the end of the day, Jalen did not ask for a trade, so we went through the process and I just felt that after numerous conversations and then talking last week with Jalen and his agent, that it was best to move forward and it was the best interest of the Miami Dolphins and for Jalen Ramsey.
Speaker 1: And not a lot of occasions when a seven time Pro Bowl corner suddenly becomes at least publicly available nine days out from the NFL drafted. Here we are with a player who just last August got paid on a new top of market contract.
Speaker 2: How do we get here? And where do you see it going?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I knew mega contract for Jalen Ramsey just one year later.
Speaker 4: Now essentially here we are.
Speaker 8: It feels like Tom, the best way to sum this up is this relationship.
Speaker 4: Has run its course, right. I mean, it was kind.
Speaker 8: Of a whirlwind romance if you would describe it like that, A big time trade, which a great fanfare from the Los challenge just Rams who also acquired Ramsey in a big trade. It's a great fan for had a ton of success. Ramsey one of the best players in the NFL over the course of the last decade at his position, showed up there. Unfortunately got injured, but really was an incredible person in that team during the time of his injury. Ended up getting healthy, got that huge new deal. Fast forward a year and after several meetings, after several conversations, the determination was made. But Ramsey and his people and the Dolphins and their people to move forward it and try to seek a trade. Now, there's no guarantee that Ramsey will be traded, as Chris gear said, if he's not traded, they'll.
Speaker 4: Figure it out.
Speaker 8: He's do twenty five million dollars fully guaranteed. Four has already been paid.
Speaker 10: Acquiring them.
Speaker 8: Would only only acquired twenty one million dollars fully guaranteed.
Speaker 4: But surely there is at least going to be a market.
Speaker 2: Only twenty one million dollar. Let me see what I got here? Only only twenty one minute.
Speaker 4: No, I don't get it.
Speaker 3: Then there, Sorry, so I got Meanwhile, Tyreek Hill would only cost two first round picks if you're looking to trade for him. That's what Chris Greer said today when he was asked about Hill. He said, if someone's willing to trade me too first round picks. Nobody's willing to do that. So translation, he's not trading him, not expecting you'd have to be blown away, completely blown away. So look, it's been sort of a roller roller coaster. It started with Hill basically saying that he wanted out. Then they had conversation with the front office and they backed it down. Then there were some tweets after that, if I'm not mistaken where some folks were reading into it.
Speaker 2: Well, here we are with Chris Greer saying.
Speaker 3: This guy still got it. He's not going anywhere. He's a big part of what we do. Are we done on this roller coaster?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess you never really know what this kind of stuff. So we'll see where it goes from here. But for right now, the Dolphins and Chris Greer plan on having Tyreek Hill part of the mix in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Five, and Greer also sort of bucked back at the idea that this is a rebuild. Keeping Tyreek Hill certainly would indicate that they're still trying to win right now, but some big decisions for them to make any NFL draft, which begins in just nine days.
Speaker 12: Thank God, the.
Speaker 10: Wrong again, Oh God, goodness.
Speaker 13: Whatever gets in the heart and runner indeed strong cat for sure, IRV Mulligan and he wanted it. And now we're joined by that man, IRV Mulligan, someone who can be mentioned in the same breath as Pro Football Hall of Famer Walter Payton.
Speaker 4: We'll get to that a little bit later on RV.
Speaker 13: But how's everything going When you sit there and you watch that tape of you scoring and you're finding your at Jack and State, how does that feel now that everything's kind of coming full circle?
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, it's a blessing. Man.
Speaker 12: It's just not the soaking because this the momentum way and fall since you was like a kid. So to see it all come true and all it like you know, revealing itself is it's just something.
Speaker 10: That you you'll never forget. Man.
Speaker 12: So it's like just trusting the process. That's what we was always saw. So just trusting the process and sticking with the process, Man, is the fun part about it. So when the time actually come and were back playing football, that'd be the glory, that'll be the fruit to our libor. But I'm just enjoying the process right now. This is a dream come true, So I'm grateful.
Speaker 13: Well that's great, So let's walk back a little bit for the process. For folks who don't know about what you did at Jackson State this year. Twelve hundred and forty five yards, thirteen touchdowns, You enter the record books, you're the Southwestern Athletic Conference Offensive Player.
Speaker 4: Of the Year, all of these accolades.
Speaker 13: Right, So you talk about the process, But next week is the NFL Draft, where you can land either during.
Speaker 4: The draft or after the draft on an NFL roster.
Speaker 13: Right, you talk about this process, what exactly has gone into it for you?
Speaker 12: It's a lot of things that's going to First, you got to start with your you know, your collegiate career.
Speaker 10: That's where you set to your strongest foundation.
Speaker 12: That so to be able to perform on a collegiate career and your collegiate.
Speaker 10: Level, that's where it starts at.
Speaker 12: So to leave a legacy to beat Walter Penning records, you know, to get a notoriety, to be in a conversation with a legend and a great like him, it is you know, I'm great for the lessons. So for me to just continue to train and go through the process, like I said, to get to that next level is just amazing, man.
Speaker 10: And you know, there's a.
Speaker 12: Lot of guys and a lot of people counting us to you know, join their team, to be pros and do a lot of the same things those greats that left the blueprint behind for us to do. So that's what I'm excited most about, to join the team, to join the legacy or guys that already been that way before me I left, you know, a trail of great things. So I just want to join like any team, become a pro and do the same thing those guys did.
Speaker 13: Sorry, if you talking about that legacy, you're wearing a shirt that says the all HBCU Legacy. Ball was, you know, the big showcase for players from historically black colleges and universities.
Speaker 4: You got to.
Speaker 13: Speak to a ton of teams down there and they got to speak to you. What were some of the questions the things that they were curious about. Knowing that you're coming in after such a highlight type of season.
Speaker 12: Yes, sir, Well, the main question is, you know, every team want to know what type of guy or the game. So the main thing was, how are you different than the rest of the backs out there? Well, like I tell them, for one, my mentality, I don't think it's no back out there really, like, you know, with the mentality I got, with the grid I got in, you know, the chip I got my shoulder and too, like I'm my IQ, Like I'm just.
Speaker 10: As smart as a quarterbacks. So like a lot of guys forget that part of the game.
Speaker 12: Like it's you know, eighty percent mental, twenty percent physical in my mind, so my ability to read defenses and you know, out smart defenses. And like on this one touchdown run in the SWIT Championship game, it was an inside run. I turned it to an outside run, you know, just because of my IQ. I know the whole defense cross the middle. It's just the small simple things, you know, coming from like a small school and you know, coming from Walford, which is also a small school, so I always.
Speaker 10: Bank on my IQ. You know.
Speaker 12: So that's one thing that definitely separates me from that was the one question you wanted to know.
Speaker 13: I love hearing that because you're talking about your IQ. Because we see the physical specs, right five ten about two oh five four five forty you average about six point five yards per carry throughout your college career. Even though a lot of the video we're senior power runs. You've got the breakaway ability. So how about this. We know this is an incredibly deep running back group coming into the draft, but when you hear and see things about guys like ashing Gent and scatter Bow and guys like that, how do you compare yourself to them? Because you have some of the same physical specs.
Speaker 4: Just as good as numbers. What's your comparison line?
Speaker 10: Well, this this what I'll say. If you put the and an.
Speaker 12: Astra genty spot or one of those guys spout when where they have the so called e lead officer lines, the lead training, the nutrition, and the lead coaching. You put me in a position like that while I'm getting thirty twenty something carries a game and steve my results and see what I do. So the comparison, yeah, we all you know got the pro type for seek. But I feel like if you put me in those shoes, I would excel way better. I would have did way more so. And if you pay attention, I only had eighteen carries for game this year, not too many games more where I had more or less. So those guys getting all the twenty five to thirty carries, so you put that much, put the butt in my hand that much, you can see some amazing things. So those guys got some great games.
Speaker 10: You know. I love their game.
Speaker 12: They got like a lot of similar downhill their physical you know, but my home run speed is a little different. When I take off, I really take off. So I would say the physical point, yeah, you can compare us, but like the speed in my IQ. That's that's why I separated myself, all.
Speaker 4: Right, all right, I love hearing that.
Speaker 13: Look, we started off this conversation or of talking about Walter Payton, one of the greatest players ever in the NFL history, Black.
Speaker 4: College football history.
Speaker 13: You broke a single season rushing record this season at Jackson State, and.
Speaker 4: You talked about it a little bit.
Speaker 13: But being mentioned in the same breath as him, the legacy he's left at Jackson State in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Has that really sunk in yet to you?
Speaker 13: That you have had a better season than one of the greatest players ever at any level of football.
Speaker 12: You know, it's so crazy how many people remind me of it, but it's like I haven't yet, like really sat there, like you know, process it all, like I really, it really haven't hit me yet.
Speaker 10: And then that's one that's my idol.
Speaker 12: You know, if any running back out there or have played the game, that's the guy I watched the most and guy I studied the most, so you know, just me admire him and just saying I was gonna break his record and actually doing it.
Speaker 10: It feels good.
Speaker 12: But I don't think until it's time for somebody else to you know, break the rector next or close to break and the director or thirty you know, twenty years down the line. I feel like that's what I feel. It didn't but he still wants the paying and I'm still every Mulligan. So when I become, you know, the caliber guy he was, then I feel like, yeah, yeah, hit me, then hit me.
Speaker 4: Then I love his sweetness. Two point oh IRV.
Speaker 13: Mulligan Jackson State point Oh, appreciate you man, thanks for taking the time and all the best.
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, love.
Speaker 1: No Mulligan's needed for our Steve Whites doing that interview with IRV Mulligan coming up after this, as Mark Andrews played his last down in Baltimore. Here what Eric the Costa the GM had to say today. That's next on the Insiders. Mark Andrews surely would like to forget the final play of his twenty twenty four season. Could this drop two point conversion also have been the last play of Andrews Ravens career. There's what GM Eric DaCosta had to say today about the team's plans at tight end.
Speaker 6: I never know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and I would never want to say this with that, you know, but I can tell you this, Mark Andrews is a warrior and he's played his butt off for us and his competitiveness, his talent, his attitude, his leadership is so valued here and he's a great player. And I think we're in the business of keeping as many great players as we can. I just think it depends on the player, Like there are some really good players in this same could be said about the running back position as well, and we've talked about that, you know, we talk about these things all the time, and the reality of it is is if there's like a tight end that we think is a blue chip tight end to a running back that we think is a blue chip running back, We're going to take them.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Insiders.
Speaker 1: Tom Pilasero, Ian Rapaport, Mike Garrofolo Ian Mark Andrews do eleven million dollars this season, already collected a four million dollars roster bonus. When you listen Eric Tacosta Tho talking about Andrews's future, what do you make But.
Speaker 8: I may of it that it is very very much up in the air. And you know, jams talk about balls being in the air right And the reason they say that is because a lot of things that could happen. You have Isaiah likely really good young player, merging young player who Win Andrews was not in the field, looked like a number one tight end going to make just.
Speaker 4: Three million dollars next year.
Speaker 8: Teams generally like to lock up these kind of players to long term, lucrative extensions, make sure they are taken care of, and move on from there.
Speaker 2: Andrews has been there.
Speaker 8: This was Mark Andrews several years ago before he signed a huge, huge deal right before the season now Andrews do eleven million dollars, No doubt he's going to have some trade value in a draft when there's not maybe a ton of really really good, high level tight end. I wouldn't be surprised based on what I'm hearing here, Mike, if some team does come in and making off with the Ravens can refuse, even though it is very clear Mark Andrews means a lot to them and they really really value the person on the player.
Speaker 3: I put Mark Andrews and Dallas Goddard in the same category right now, which is veteran tight ends coming to the back end of their deals, valuable to the team that they're currently on.
Speaker 4: But those teams are going to listen.
Speaker 3: And Howie Roseman today in Philadelphia basically said the same thing when asked about Dallas Goddard, which is, we've got to make separate decisions. We've got draft decisions to make, and we've got decisions with regard to the roster, and sometimes they're tough decisions, but they really Both of these guys were available at the start of the league year.
Speaker 2: Nothing materialized to that point.
Speaker 3: I would say neither one right now is imminent from my understanding. Could that change as we get closer to the draft? Could a lot of it depend on what these teams get in the draft, and say, Okay, we've got to circle back. We still have a need at tight end, we can use a little more firepower on offense or whatnot. Perhaps, uh so, we're just got to see how it plays out as of right now. Again, nothing in it with either one of these veteran tight ends. Who again, if they if their teams don't get back what they want in the trade, they're gonna hang on to them and keep them as part of the key part of their offense this year.
Speaker 1: And to your point, these are the types of trades that sometimes sometimes do get done during the draft as teams fill their needs or not. That draft begins in just nine days in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Let's give you some final thoughts on some of the top prospects.
Speaker 2: I say final, I mean for this show, not overall. We have another show tomorrow, but don't miss the end of this show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is the moment you want.
Speaker 2: It isn't me, But you can't take my rome.
Speaker 6: No one's pulling see and they gonna call me jing get it.
Speaker 2: Found work, Come with one man on me again.
Speaker 10: It's time to go to ball.
Speaker 4: The most time out of player.
Speaker 6: The college football touchdown.
Speaker 2: Ass the Jet D want to run for ass The Jet D touchdown?
Speaker 9: What a thrown by had More Another Big Moments, Big Corner Rangers goes lowering into the episode Touchdown Touchdown Colorado. Fo my Mabians, they came shootour touchdown Touchdown Colorado.
Speaker 1: The NFL Draft, presented by Bud Line, is coming to Green Bay. Experience the history of lambeau Field, see the Vincilbardi Trophy and Super Bowl Rings, I meet NFL players and legends. Register for free entry at NFL dot com slash Draft Access today and also watched the draft here on NFL Network.
Speaker 2: Ian and I will be in Green Bay the entire week for the draft. Mike, where are you gonna be? Would you say they're in my ear? I didn't hear anything you said.
Speaker 4: What did you ask me a question?
Speaker 2: Where are you gonna be for the draft? Mike?
Speaker 3: The Draft Los Angeles be the NFL Network Studios with Steve Weisch. I think it's from one to four Eastern, ten to one Pacific leading into Day one and two of the draft Saturday morning.
Speaker 2: As well, thank you Tom for the question. There's your answer. What were they in your hear about it? Seems like it must have been important. I can't tell you they were talking about you.