Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch.
Speaker 2: That's right. You can buy your allegedly and my Voice mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. That's right.
Speaker 1: Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and.
Speaker 2: Your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welcome to Reality to King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the Kings, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about. Hay rain Drops. Yes, I don't sound like my chip herself because I'm not sure if this episode deserves my wives, conness, my vibrancy, my charm, and my wit. On today's episode of Reality with the King, we have a funeral that is the death of Ronnie. This reboot is a boot. I don't know what else to say besides listen to this episode because I had to talk about this to someone who can bring back the energy that you all are used to of Carlos King. So I'm joined by Gibson John's who together we are going to talk about what went wrong with the Ronnie reboot. And before I played this episode, I just have to say, you will never win in the game of reality television when you hide your relationship and when you hide your life to the audience. We don't get to see Jenna alliance fiance, we don't get to see UBA's boyfriend. That's the kiss of death. But look, listen to Gibson John's and I talk about what went wrong with the Rony reboot. Ladies, gentlemen, and day here you go, hey, rain drops on today's episode of Reality for the King. I am doing a very special episode today. The guy who I'm talking to is a friend to the show and he inspired today's episode because I follow him on Twitter and I saw a lot of posts about the recent episode of the Real Housewives of New York City and I'm seeing all of this backlash in regards to a prank. And because I do not watch the show, I need to discuss with Gibson John's spoiler alert as to why everybody is saying this is what's wrong with this reboot? So ladies, gentlemen, and they give it up for the one of the only Gibson Johns.
Speaker 3: What an intro.
Speaker 4: You know, even though Twitter is a bit of a dumpster fire these days, we're still we're still inspiring.
Speaker 3: New episodes from it. No, I didn't. I forgot you didn't watch the show.
Speaker 2: Oh and so this is this is the best part, Gibson John's. Let's have a real conversation. Yes, I watch all of the episodes of the first season of the reboot, in addition to the two part reunion, right, and my rain drops know this. I was like, guys, this show is not that bad. I'm enjoying it. I like the girls. Boom boom boom. So I'm like, okay, fine, I like the cast. Listen. I can critique stuff here and there, but overall I was I was pleased.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Then comes the second season of this reboot, and after watching fifteen minutes of it, I was like, I can't it felt contrived and Gibson, this is the first episode of the season two premiere, and my spidy senses within fifteen minutes was like, this is not good. And I was so disinterested that I stopped watching it, but what is going on with this season? Because I did not even want to prepare for this conversation I'm having with you, because I said to myself, you know, because I'm a journalist, Hey, Portia, and I'm like, let me watch the clips. I'm so disinterested. I did not even watch the clips because I just don't give a buck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I felt the same way about the first season as you did.
Speaker 3: I was like, this isn't perfect.
Speaker 4: It's not it's not that good, but it has potential, Like some of the casting is pretty good. Hopefully for a second season, they come back, they fix some of the issues and whatnot. They've gone backwards in the second season and up till.
Speaker 3: Now it hasn't been great.
Speaker 4: But my biggest issue was just sort of like the awareness of them being on camera and off camera, and sort of they were just hyper aware of how they were coming across from the show. And I think that's that's kind of common for a second season Housewife, but having a full having a full cast of that makes it really hard to watch and they're just so they're so obsessed with sort of like how it's all coming across. But then this past episode, it just took it to another level and people are aren't happy.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to explain sort of the.
Speaker 2: Plane everything to me and to the audience, because I'm not sure even they're aware of how bad is becoming happy to do it? And as you recap this most recent episode, can you also include that there's been breadcrumbs of fourth wall stuff happening and fake storylines? But but go ahead, yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Rebecca Minkoff joined the show obviously for this season, and she's a friend of She is an established back designer. We know that she's a scientologist. And what's interesting, I think is that she never really got a full intro. She just sort of like showed up to a group lunch on the first episode and it was like Rebecca Minkoff, and it's like they're kind of assuming the audience like knows exactly who she is and she's like this big deal and she is a name brand in the fashion world, but like you have to do the work to explain that to the audience, right Like that that was sort of the first sort of clue for me that the Rebecca puzzle piece was just not ever going to really fully work. Then she gets asked about scientology on the helicopter ride to the Hamptons and brings like, what do you want us to say to people who ask about it? And she's like just She's like just say no comment, and they're like okay, and they just kind of like take that and they don't challenge her on it. So that was another sort of thing that I've been watching, is the scientology aspect. So then we get to and she kind of has been she's been pretty boring this whole time. She has not really brought anything to the show this episode. Do you remember the clip of Cy Jeff Lewis Live that went viral where she was It was a hot mic where she says, or somebody asked her, how has Rebecca mink Golf been on the show, and she says she's been really boring. Well, this episode was filmed around the time at that leaked, So we see Rebecca and Aaron go to lunch and and you know, we there, you know, Aaron's like, Brin's been talking about you. She's been saying that, like, you know, yourself sold Nord some rack, and she's been really shady. And then that coupled with Cy calling her boring, I think sort of inspired this whole prank that we saw play out. So essentially, the beginning of the episode is, oh my god, Rebecca's pregnant. Oh my god, Like it's it's getting around the group. Aaron, she told, Aaron, who told who told Brynn and Jessel, and then it's like four days later we see this lunch and but we don't see them come up with any sort of plan. So we we as an audience, think that Rebecca might be pregnant. We think that this is like going to get around the group and it's going to come to ahead at this end of the episode. Event well, we get to the end of the episode, event it, you know, Jenna tells Rebecca that she you know, she's pregnant and all this stuff. Aaron pulls Rebecca aside as she gets really upset and calls her out for telling the rest of the group, and then Aarin was like, that was good, that was good, and then it says to be continued. So essentially the entire episode is us as well as the other women, being made to think that Rebecca has stepped out on her marriage gotten pregnant by another guy via some like orgy situation or something. It builds, it builds and builds, builds, but we don't know that it's a prank. Aarin and Rebecca have come up with this plan to basically prove that the other women specifically bring our gossips, that they're going to spread information even if it's sensitive, and that's it's to be continued. So we don't really have the explanation of the prank because we didn't see them come up with it. Yeah, so were lent to believe at the end of the episode that at that lunch that I alluded to, that is when the plan was hatched to create this fake pregnancy prank. But we haven't been We never saw that as an audience or we're not going to see that until next week probably, So.
Speaker 3: Here we are.
Speaker 4: We're not in on the joke. So we've also been sort of pranked as viewers. And you know, obviously this is coming after Rebecca really not bringing much to the show, the other women being really aware of how things are coming across and whatnot, and it just it adds to the to the feeling that they don't really know what they're doing with this show, you know what I mean, It's not just anauthentic. In my mind, it's more like, what are you trying to do here? You know, like, this isn't I don't want to be pranked as an audience member. It would have been maybe kind of fun if they had let us in on the joke and we saw all the other women sort of being like, oh my god, she's pregnant and we knew that she wasn't.
Speaker 3: But this was also something that was teased in the trailer.
Speaker 4: It was there was this was splice and dice in the in the in the season's trailer, it was like, oh my god, wait, is Rebecca min Golf pregnant? Is this about somebody else? Or no, it's just a fake prank they came up with while filming.
Speaker 1: This is horrible because listen, it's right.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna be very blunt. It's one thing to prank your fellow cast members. I get a prank, but but yeah, let's just say whatever that's the storyline. It's one thing to prank your fellow cast members. The biggest mistake to me is the audience is not in on the joke, or in this case, in on the prank, because as an audience, you're watching with your emotions on the table, right, so to be emotionally unsatisfied at the end, knowing that, wait, this is not real and we didn't give a hits up. And the problem that I'm having with that, Gibson is you ladies, haven't earned the right to prank the audience. Yes, who do you think you are? You're not Atlanta Housewives sixteen seasons in. You are not oc You're not Beverly Hills. You're not even fucking Dubai at this point right, which we'll talk about that later. You guys have this very important position because at the end of the day, the Real House Washs in New York City was an iconic show that birth the greats of Bethany, Derinda, Ramona, Luin, etc. Right, Sonya as well. So there's a lot of way to carry and you, ladies, not only did not understand the assignment, you failed it. And it goes to show you that when it comes to this cast and you're one thousand percent of by Gibson on any reality show, the second season and your sophomore season is the most difficult because the ladies in this case, in this day and age, they're reading the tweets. They kind of see how they're being like in their words, portrayed right, like, oh, I'm the villain, people hate me, you know, and you sort of one or two things happen. You sort of become a caricature of yourself to where you behave in a way where you think the audience wants you to behave. Right. So that's one end of it. The other end of it is you are completely different in your first season because you're playing it's safe, because you are so villainized that you don't want to you don't want to make any mistakes right. And it's interesting because Gibson, I promise you, I caught them the first fifteen minutes of the first episode of the second season of this reboot, and I'm not into it, and I want to get into this before I get into Jena Alliance. I also read on Twitter a few weeks ago that even Brin told another cast member, let's have a fake fight about fashion on something. Can you explain that to us? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So that was on the Hampton Strip at Aaron's house. Brynn whispered to Rebecca she had she had back then also shaded her fashion line. I believe it was, and Rebecca just sort of took it or like didn't really hit back in the way that maybe somebody who was adept at Housewives would And Brin sort of whispered to her at the breakfast table. She was like, no, Like what you should say is like, well, you're selling sweatshirts at Bravo con like like I'm I'm sold like across the world. Like that's and they they kept that in the episode. They showed her sort of coaching her at the breakfast table. And you know, Brings one of those people who I think had a pretty good first season. She showed like a lot, she had a lot of star power, and she was I think she brought some interesting storyline to it and backstory. But this season she's just completely It was the first thing you said, which was she sort of leaned into the caricature of it. Like everything she says is like very like sexed up and very kind of vixeny, and like just she's playing that character kind of at all times, and she's she's.
Speaker 2: Flirting with Jenna Alliance like like like.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 4: Jenna Alliance, the New the New One, Roquelle, who was also a lesbian Aaron's dad always in confessionals, it's like always happening kind of and it's just sort of like, yeah, in bits and pieces, that was kind of fun in the first season, but it's still happening at all times on the second season. Jeff Lewis even called it out on Watch Reppins Live. He was like, enough, it's like if I was Jenna's partner, I'd be fucking annoyed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And the thing is, it's sort of it's like curbaiting a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's like I see that.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? Because the thing is this as the upply gay man, I'm not going to constantly well number one, I don't float with straight men, right, I listen, this is my opinion. I think it crosses the line, and I think it's disrespectful, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Think I think.
Speaker 4: I think in bits and pieces it can be kind of fun, like if you're at a party and it's just sort of like oh yeah, but it's it happens a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and listen if okay, I'll give a good example. If one of my best female friends has a husband who's like coolest shit, and I'm like, oh my god, you're gorgeous. That's one thing I'm not. But but I'm the way brand flirts with Jenna and women. It's close proximity, you know. It's like the Beyonce Kittie Cat song. She's purrying.
Speaker 1: It's like a me a like, hey, you want to go out bath like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not doing that to a straight guy. I like, I'll compliment you, right, but I'm not going to like invade your personal space. So that's that's that. But the bigger thing to me, though, Gibson, it sounds to me like production is sabotaging this show because to show the whispers of no, you should have, like, you know, argue back with me, you should have let me have it or whatever. And then to to show that this was a prank with Rebecca and Aaron, you know that they set up and the audience finds that at the end. Those are two things that as the production company and a producer, I wouldn't do because I just I would never give my audience that much intail in terms of how fake it.
Speaker 4: That was sort of my question for you, Carlos, is because like I think a lot of people, I think up until now, a lot of the blame has just been put kind of squarely on the women and the cast, which I think they bear the brunt of I think a lot of a lot of this and why the show is just not working. But I think after this episode people have sort of shifted some of the blame to production, because again, if this, if this episode had been represented of like, Okay, we start with the Rebecca and Aaron lunch and it's like Rebecca is fed up with being you know, shaded, and they want to prove that brain will just like repeat anything. And then they show us that they come up with this plan and the rest of the forty minutes of the episode is, oh my god, Brin's freaking out about it, Jessel's freaking out about its, Ie freaking out about it. They're gossiping about it for thirty minutes, and then at the end we get the big review we show we see their reaction and it's built up for us because we know it's fake. That would be I wouldn't really like that, but at least it doesn't feel like we're again they're pulling a fast one on us as well. Yeah, and like playing with our emotions and so a lot of people I think just had an issue also, just like the way that it was edited together and put together, and they're blaming production because they don't really know. They think they don't really know what show they're making, Like do you like is it?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know. Yes, this is not keeping up with the Kardashians Une where it's not Chris, you know what I mean, Chris like making the fake art or whatever. Yeah, you know, like like early days of the Card on E. I'm very I'm gonna be very Gibson knows what I'm doing. I'm very different because it's a different show. On E they play into the pranks, you know, t ping Chris is how like you said, the fake are like it was part like Chloe and the girls stick right and we but we will always we always knew about it. We always knew about it as the audience. Let's have a real conversation, Gibson. I'm not watching Housewives to see a prank me. I'm not listen. I want to see personal story. I want to see these real women have real conversations about what's going on in their lives, in their friendships, in they're in a circle. I don't care to see a prank the old New York Housewives. And this is why I'm gonna give the production a little bit of grace. Right again, Carlos King would have never done that. And even if I was told by higher up, so whatever the powers that be, I would have fought strongly. Like, guys, this is not the way to go because the audience doesn't know them yet and they haven't earned their trust.
Speaker 3: And there and we already don't love the show.
Speaker 4: Like it's like so it's like, that's not if you want to rope us in and like try to get us hooked on the show, this is not the way to do it.
Speaker 2: Yes, not exactly, child. We are just getting started. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. So let me give the production a little bit of grace, right, Okay. One thing we do know about Old Roney, right, the the the ogs and the icon the iconic legends that they are is the fact that they were funny and we play they played, They played up the comedy of their situations right, and a very comedic way. It was like seven Lucille balls that made up the New York Housewise right.
Speaker 3: Total like they were.
Speaker 2: And I'm a going records for saying this. The New York City Housewives were always the most comedic franchise, right. They were known for their comedy. So perhaps perhaps that the production felt like, what's the twenty twenty four version of these rony ladies? And unfortunately this isn't it because at least I'm gonna say that none of these girls put together can hold the cancel to Ramona Singer, to Bethany Frankel.
Speaker 1: So this cast, to me, isn't funny. I don't find no, I.
Speaker 3: Never last well, I never do. I don't Carlos, I don't.
Speaker 2: Give said the black just so you know you make me laugh, Okay, comedy somewhere, Yes, they're not funny. Comedians were not cast to be on this show. I have to say this. This was a mistake. This was a mistake to reboot an iconic franchise, and I understand the reasoning behind it. And we don't have to get into all of that because that's a whole nother podcast episode. It's the political. Yeah, so we already talked about the political nature of why that happened. And let's be clear that's that's that's what it is. If that's the case, fine, who am I to like whatever? Cast women that not only represent New York City but who are funny. It's sort of like the and we're gonna see what happens with Atlanta Housewives when it comes back next year. Atlanta Housewives. They're known to be the shadiest girls who can read each other up and down the sidewalk right shock. The Atlanta girls are pros at at shade messy shock value, like they're they're they're funny, but attas they'll always make us laugh. They will yeah yeah without trying hard, and and and the difference is this, Ronie, they were funny in.
Speaker 3: A very.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah exactly exactly, whereas Atlanta is shady. It's like where Kenya and Porsche read each other needy Kimisch like it's hilarious without intending to be hilarious. So it's sort of like they have, like I think, four new women on this upcoming season. Those four new women have to represent the shade fun that we saw in the golden days of that franchise. And I think they I've heard great things about this upcoming seat good really great things plus porsches back, So there you go wrong cast. These women are power players and I love that for them. One thing about New York City women not like stereotyping them like this does not apply to all New York City women, but New York City women, the majority of them are very savvy. You cannot put one on them. They're they're they're savvy, smart, successful, and they and they're very conscious of like their image and their career. And these women represent that. But it doesn't make them reality stars. No, No.
Speaker 4: I think a couple of things. One is that I've said that I wish that they would put in like a seasoned reality star in there to sort of help guide the way a little bit. And two, I agree it's sort of like where are the Julia Fai boxes of the world that that could have been cast here where Like, she is very savvy, she's kind of made a name for herself, but she's also funny as fuck. You know that it's people like that that are and she has this sort of like edgy, actual edgy kind of nature to her. I gravitate towards people like Roquel the New One and Jenna who are actually even though they aren't necessarily like amazing housewives, I wouldn't say, they still have like a lot of authenticity to them and they just kind of they're kind of no bullshit people, which I which is very New York to me.
Speaker 3: And the last thing I'll say is like, you know, I think I do think that like this.
Speaker 4: Wrote this complete Roney reboot and sort of the the way the audience has reacted to it overall, and just like in the ratings, I think reflect that is like it hasn't been received well, and I think it proves that maybe this is not the best way to reboot a franchise. You know, I think I think about Oc and Potomac, who both were found themselves in kind of dire straits there for a little bit, but they both kind of took a very simil their approach to refreshing and rebooting quote unquote their franchises, which was keep some OG's or quasi ogs in the mix, some really solid mid run people, but then also inject three to four new faces that really bring the energy and can keep up with the Ogs and aren't intimidated by them. It's about getting that ratio right, you know what I mean? You have to feel a connection to the to the beginnings of the show, and whether that is through somebody like a Tamra or Heather or Ushannon, who are none of them are technically ogs, but they all.
Speaker 3: Feel like kind of OG's at this point.
Speaker 4: Right then you have Gina and Emily, who have been there for a while now and they feel really integral to the show. Go to Potomac, you have Giselle, Karen and Ashley. They are OG's, they are connected to the beginning of the show. Then you have Wendy and Mia who kind of feel like they're really ingrained into the show now. But then they have three to four women who most of which I think are really they're really bringing it to atomic and I think that it brought it kind of back from last season. So like those two shows prove that you don't have to do the complete, the complete kind of clean slate, And I just don't know where they go from here when it comes to New York, because they did do the clean slate, you know what.
Speaker 3: I mean, And you can't really you can't really reverse that, no, And.
Speaker 2: I think it's a lesson in the sense of, like, listen, the good thing about being creative and being a producer, is it is our job to try new things? Yeah that and listen. In some cases you win and you brought up three good examples of what happened with that. I would even say Beverley Hills. You know, the Kyle is the only og, but Erica feels like she's been there since day one. During as well, Garcela and Soon are so integrated that you feel like, okay, they're They're definitely mar quee names for this show. So when you lose a Lisa Rena and you, you know, you try to figure out new girls here and there, you at least have a healthy dosed of familiar faces to where even if you cast a Crystal.
Speaker 3: You know, okay, okay, I'm thinking up for your bunting down and.
Speaker 2: You don't get it right. It's okay, it's okay. But I think the biggest thing for me when it comes to New York City is I think hindsight is always twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're going to see a third season of this rebooted cast. I would I would be shocked if I see any of these women on my screen again, unless they're going on House of villains.
Speaker 3: Wow, well they're none of them are none of them want.
Speaker 4: To be the villains, so they're not going to be on House the Villains. But I don't know, I feel like I can totally see you being correct. I do feel like it's a slightly different to me, Like it's a slightly different obviously a Dubai on on quote unquote on pause, and that was sort of like a I don't want to call it a failed experiment because it wasn't failed, but like it didn't fully work.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's there was.
Speaker 4: More riding on the Roney reboot, and so I wonder if, like they do give it one more chance, but like some kind of bring back a couple of the women and inject it either with Lindsay and Paige from Summer House, or they bring back somebody some stunt casting that really works, or I don't know, but I'm sort of like, do they do it one more time? But the ratings are where Dubais were, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just oh, no, no, no, no, no no, this is what I think is going to happen. Ladies, gentlemen, And they take a picture of this cast because you're not going to see them on TV anymore. That's and listen, I clearly I'm not saying I have intel information. I don't. I'm just it's so bad that and look, none of these women are break all stars like and that's the reason why I'm saying, like, these women know what I do think may happen. There has been a call to action and I will love to be a fly on the wall at a dinner table in Florida with Ramona Singer, Luene Della Steps and Sonya Morgan Derinda, and I would love to hear what they have to say about the state of this reboot. And I think those women Gibson need to keep their phone on. I would not be surprised if the network announces, okay, guys, we were bringing back four ogs and three new women, like like we heard you guys loud and clear. And I think, my opinion, I think the dust and the controversy has settled enough to where you can see these people come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody's I forget who it was, but somebody said on Twitter, I'd pay to see that group chat.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 4: Somebody said, I and pay to see that OG group chat. And I think they're right, you know, I think that I do think the og women have like handled the pr talking about the reboot of it all really well.
Speaker 3: They've been really classy about it, you know.
Speaker 4: And but you have to know that they know and everybody knows. Everybody knows that what the fans really want is one thing and they're kind of rejecting this other thing.
Speaker 3: And the show is not doing itself any favors. It's just not you know, no, it's not.
Speaker 2: And the ladies, the ladies aren't doing themselves any favors.
Speaker 1: Because they aren't trying to be real.
Speaker 2: And if you have to point the blame at anybody, you have to point the blame at the women because there's only so much that producers can do. And that's the reason why I'm giving the productions some grace again in terms of like the way they Yeah, I get that the way they edited this prank, I wouldn't have done that. I don't think that's a great choice. But at the end of the day, a success a successful show, Gibson, and this is me producing tons of casts. At the end of the day, it does rely on the cast to really to really want the success. And I just don't think these women's coming in a second season. I just don't think they were willing to give more than what they offered.
Speaker 4: And I.
Speaker 2: Think at the end of the day as well, they all can go back to their full time jobs and and that and that to me is great. It was it was, you know.
Speaker 4: I think what I've been saying about them is like it feels like they all want the benefits of the platform, which is getting pressed and and and being closer to being like a household name and fame and all this stuff. And they want the benefits of the platform without having to do the work that the platform requires of them, which is getting their hand, getting getting getting in the muck and and looking a little complicating their public mentioned a little bit, you know what I mean? Because ultimately, and this is something that I talked about on my podcast recently, is like, you know, something that's been frustrating me about housewives in the most recent years is like women are afraid of being unlikable or looking not brand friendly at risk of like you know, not getting enough sponsorship deals on Instagram. But ultimately, that's just like a short term play, you know that that's short term thinking. In my mind, if you think long term. You brought up House of Villains. The villains are the icons of reality TV, ultimately a lot of them. It's like, those are the people that live on and continue to get opportunities down the road. So you might take a hit to your likability for a year or two there, but ultimately those are the moments that fans remember. Those are those are the moments that live on and for meat past even your time on the show. They help you maintain your spot on the show, and brands are down to work with people like that these days. So it's not I wish that people would get over that fear, which I understand as a human being, but ultimately, being on reality TV it requires you to be messy and complicated and a little bit controversial. And I don't think these women want to be controversial.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no no no, because they have to go back to work on Monday. You know what I mean, I think and listen, I get it. But that that also means don't sign up to do reality television. That's the case.
Speaker 1: So my last question for you is this. You and I are big fans of Jersey, and.
Speaker 2: We both had two very different views of who should come back to Jersey, which I love that about us. Yes, with the failure of this reboot, I'll say at Gibson, do not touch Jersey. I would rather see Melissa Teresa argue over Sprinkle cookies for like again, I would rather see that I am now able to say Jersey is such an iconic brand and show that The lesson in this New York City reboot is you can't do a clean slate in Jersey. Now. Can you bring some back and some not sure? But the biggest point is this cannot happen to Jersey, and I think Jersey should. I think to my ladies in Jersey, if you're listening, you can read another day because I keep your phone on too. I think, I think, I think everybody's sort of looking at New York City reboot like.
Speaker 4: Got it right, like that this can't be applied to any other franchise because the complete clean slate, it can't. Yes, No, And I think, yeah, I think you're right. I think you're right in terms of I mean, I do think that even if they went with one side or the other, it still maintains a level of connection to its original self in some way. But I agree, like I would rather, I would definitely rather watch just I'd rather go in the same the same circle though been running in for the past six or seven or eight or nine or ten or eleven or twelve years, however many years you want to say, we've been doing this with Jersey. I'm happy to stay on that ride. Yeah, I'm happy to stay on that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, do not touch Jersey. I mean if you, if you touch it, do what you do.
Speaker 1: With with Potomac, Beverly Hills and OC.
Speaker 2: But like there cannot be a clean slate, So we agree with that and listen, let's see what happens when New York City reboot. There's more to come. I'm not checking back in. I'm checked out. Nothing can happen to give me to watch this season. I'm loving OC, I'm loving Potomac, and Beverly Hills comes back next week, So Gibson, I would love you to come back, so we could recap an episode or two or three of Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: But in the meantime, let the world know where can find you in your podcast as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, of course we'll call this. First of all, I'll say I'll continue to watch for both of Thanks, and I'm happy to report back at a later date once the season has to day. But yeah, so my podcast is called Gaby with Gibb every Tuesday and Friday. Wherever you listen to this great podcast, and yeah, it's it's similar discussions as well. When we you just listened to, Carlos has been on before. I have some of the housewives on. It's been a minute since I've done an interview actually, but I had Angie k on, I had Wendy on. So a good mix of of Bravo and reality TV content over on Gaviy with GiB.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's really great and and and and the girls love so you get to see that camaraderie as well. Thank you give for so much with take time out your big day to recap. Thanks give me and I will see you soon.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and yes Baby my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget. Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the Hattag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment, an executive produced by Me Carlos King Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby,