Speaker 1: It's the best bit of the week with Morgan I Care, she's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bones Show this week.
Speaker 2: What's up friends, Happy weekend. If you're here, you're ready to catch up on the Bobby Bone Show from this week. And if you're here, you also may want to check out part one in part three this weekend, Amy joins me. On part one we catch up all about life and then also talk about the holidays and what's to come. And then part three we always answer listener questions, so those are both there for you if you want to tune in. Otherwise, let's get into it. It was Lunchbox versus a gate agent. He did something at the airport and the gate agent came over to him was like, sir, you can't do this, and Lunchbox kind of had a problem with it. So let us know whose team are you on, Team Lunchbox or team gate.
Speaker 1: Agent Number seven?
Speaker 3: My Lunchbox, what happened to you at the airport that you're so upset about?
Speaker 4: So I get to the gate and all the seats are pretty much full. It's packed, and so there's like twenty wheelchairs just sitting there unused I'm I I'm just gonna sit in a wheelchair while I wait before they open the gate so you can walk down the jetway.
Speaker 5: No, and so do you have a point?
Speaker 3: They're much open seats, but anyway, just to think if you're sitting in a wheelchair, go ahead.
Speaker 4: So I sit in a wheelchair and I'm just sitting there, and I mean, I'm mayby sitting in it for three to four minutes. And this guy comes up to me. He's one of the gate agents where he's like, excuse me, sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to find another seat because those are for our what do you call them disabled patrons?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: And I was like, there's like twenty of them. He goes, yes, sir, they're they're saved for people that need assistance getting on and off the plane. And we have a plane pulling up we may need to use them. Okay, you're in any twenty wheelchairs for one plane? Like, come on, Like, what is the big deal if I sit in a wheelchair at the gate.
Speaker 3: What I think the big deal is if nineteen other people want to come and sit because you've started the sitting, It's not so much about you, but if other people can't find a seat, and the next thing, you know, everybody's using those seats as the extra seats. There are no wheelchairs, and when the plane comes in.
Speaker 4: I just thought it was a little over zealous on this guy's part to kick me out of the wheelchair. Like, it's not like I was wheeling down the hallways and trying to, you know, just use the I was just using it as a seat for you know, ten minutes until it was time to board, and he wasn't having it. No, sorry, man, gotta move, so had to go stand next to the wall.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was about you and that one wheelchair. I think it was about if everybody did it, there would be no wheelchairs.
Speaker 5: That's all. I understand why you'd be frustrated.
Speaker 6: Have you guys ever seen a wheelchair and just I'm gonna sit on that?
Speaker 5: Wow? I never have, but I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't explore that. I just because he has obviously he sees a chair. It needs to be sad and it doesn't matter, right if it's not being used, why not use it. There's twenty of them just sitting there. That's twenty free seats. And that's what they're worried about, that twenty people will take them and then they can't.
Speaker 5: They don't have them.
Speaker 6: Like they see him sitting there and oh, well, I'll sit there too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if we're just using them. I didn't know these were extra seats. Obviously there weren't a lot of seats, but you were just kind of on edge anyway from the whole airport experience in the travel trip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just tired, grouchy, you know, but I'm annoyed that there was no seats and so I wanted to sit down.
Speaker 3: Did you do the whole He's mad at the company. He thinks the company's cheap.
Speaker 7: Oh no, dude, our company.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our company is cheap, and I don't understand it. You want to know why, because every time they booked me on a flight, and I fly south West nine percent of the time, and they never pay for the early bird check in. It's like an extra twenty dollars. Guys, I'm a star of the company. I am one of the head hon shows, the big faces of one of the biggest morning shows in the country. You think you would pay the extra twenty dollars so I don't have to be stressed out at like, oh my gosh, it's three minutes. Still, it's time to check in. It's three minutes okay, two minutes to hit refresh, one minute, one minute? Oh where am I going to get my body past seats twelve?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, I might not get a window. It's so true, Like company just fork over theres for twenty bucks and do the early bird checking. It's so annoying.
Speaker 5: Who booked your fight?
Speaker 4: I have no idea the company.
Speaker 3: Well maybe whenever you travel, just say, hey, would you mind paying for the early bird checking? If you if you never asked for it, they're not going to do it.
Speaker 6: Oh man, if they would say yes to that, dude, then next one you got to be first class.
Speaker 3: Well Southwest there is no first class, but they are now doing They're going to sign seat soon and leg extra leg room in some of the seats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will be requesting that now that you say I should request it, because I am like, Or you can.
Speaker 3: Just pay the twenty bucks yourself and then well expense it.
Speaker 4: Oh I could do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Here's what's crazy, because then I'm getting on the plane and I am stressed out. Is there gonna be a window open.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And I got on the plane and there's like four people in front of me, and I'm looking at the back of the plane. There's only three windows left, and I'm like, I'm gonna have to jump in front of someone to get a window.
Speaker 5: Sounds like a book. Keep going, And.
Speaker 4: Luckily the lady in front of me, she wanted a nisle. She sat on the aisle I got me away. Oh my god, no, it's that's stressful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, what'd you learn?
Speaker 4: I learned that they are anti people using wheelchairs.
Speaker 5: That don't need them.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think generally we are as a society.
Speaker 4: And our company is cheap. Two things I learned on this trip.
Speaker 5: Did you get paid to go down there? No, you just did it?
Speaker 4: Hy goodness in my heart.
Speaker 5: Man, that's sweetish.
Speaker 4: Company man, you are a company man.
Speaker 5: Company man.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks for that, hey, as an ambassador of the company, thank you for that.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: Bobby and his wife Caitlin are prepping for their baby's arrival, and Bobby has a whole lot of questions about it, much like any first time dad or mom would. So listen and maybe you can help them out with these questions.
Speaker 5: Number six, it's a voicemail.
Speaker 9: Good morning Bobby, Good morning the studio. So me and my wife have a child. About I think he's thirteen days old. Now I know Bobby and Caitlin are expecting, and other people on the show have kids. We're kind in the dump. We've been fighting. It's tough. Any advice would really be appreciated. I'm trying to hang in there, but you guys help me every single day. So thank you so much. Love the show.
Speaker 3: So this is different than what I thought. I thought as soon as you had a baby it was so easy and so fun of media.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh is that not the case? No, uh, edy, stuff happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know if I have advice though.
Speaker 5: Is it bad? It's bad. It's bad.
Speaker 6: Your whole life changes. And then oh man, with our first my wife had postpartum depression, so that made it even worse.
Speaker 3: But like the first two weeks, like why we do the first two weeks? You come home, you got this little thing. You don't know anything about these old things, You've never had one like your first baby.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you what makes it really bad. The whole family's there everyone's there for like at least a week after you bring the baby there, and they all have different things to tell you. No, you need to do this, No, you need to boil the bottles. No, you don't need to boil the bottles. You need to So there's so much going on that you really want that family out of there. I don't know if his family is still there or what, but that's the first thing.
Speaker 5: Get him out of there.
Speaker 3: But is it not good to have people there so people can sleep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, that's helpful.
Speaker 6: And yeah, that's another thing. You're sleep deprived. There's a lot going on, dude. Honestly, I look at that. I've never been to war, right, But I honestly look at that like as those years of my life was like when I went to war, and I don't remember a lot of them.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude, I've just tried so hard to forget those.
Speaker 3: Years just because one you're sleep deprived. Two the trauma.
Speaker 6: From trauma of us just freaking out not knowing what we're doing. And then my wife's postparton was like she literally would pack her bags almost every night and be like, I'm leaving, and after the tenth time, I'm like y and I raised this kid all by myself because you're just tired.
Speaker 5: And yes, dude, it was bad.
Speaker 3: So would there be a difference then in like, I'm definitely way older than you were when you had your first kid, Like, do you expect this to be the same for me? Or because of where I am in my life it'll be a bit different.
Speaker 6: I think you're a little more prepared because you have a little more knowledge, experience, life experience. You're good at like dealing with hard things. You know, like this is a hard thing, but you're pretty good at like being calm when hard stuff's going around. Like, I think you'll be different at this than I was. Dude, we're kids, so you're like, I don't know, twenty seven years old.
Speaker 7: That's what I was talking one.
Speaker 6: I thought it was me at twenty seven. I wasn't old enough to have a kid, Like I was not mature enough to have a kid.
Speaker 5: Let's talk it. What's your device to this person?
Speaker 4: Look, dude, it's hard, but it's not impossible. Look at me and Eddie did it. It's not like you're I'd like the world is falling in and you're caving in. You're just sleep deprived right now, that's all it is. You're just tired. So when the baby sleeps, sleep, man, take a nap. Like I don't understand, Like it's not that hard to raise a kid.
Speaker 5: It's really not. Yeah, I mean really, I'm not laughing because you're wrong. That's just the opposite of what anybody says.
Speaker 4: It's literally not, dude, you just got to give them the boob or give them the formula and change his diaper.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but kids are different, Like some kids are harder than others. Like some babies sleep through the night, some don't. Some have callics.
Speaker 5: Have you had all those?
Speaker 4: I've had it all. Like they wake up in the middle of night. Guess what, you can't beat it at night, so you go back to bed. You it's you hold it, you rocket, It's like you watch You get to watch a lot of TV because guess what, the baby can't go anywhere, so you just hold it and watch TV. How hard is that?
Speaker 3: He's making it und pretty good. I've been trying to catch up on a lot of shows.
Speaker 4: The only thing is you are sleep deprived. I get that. That is what makes it hard.
Speaker 6: What happens when the baby doesn't stop crying, go for a walk and leave it.
Speaker 10: Leave the baby, or with either one Okay, you know one, Hey scoo, Steve, you got some kids.
Speaker 4: Impossible.
Speaker 11: I mean it's it's it's easy if your wife is doing all the work, which sounds like that's what's happening in lunchboxes household. But it's a partnership, and it isn't easy. You are sleep deprived. You and I'm not watching any TV. I'm doing I'm doing whatever she need because she's breastfeeding and she had the baby. So it's a lot of work, especially if you want the marriage to work long term. What do you say to that caller, I honestly missed it. I was putting something together here if you could reset me.
Speaker 3: He was just like, Hey, we're struggling babies thirteen days old. We're fighting all the time. Oh yeah, you're gonna fight for a little bit. Yeah, because you are sleep deprived.
Speaker 11: But you get over it and you have moments that are like really great and it's the most beautiful thing in the whole world to have kids. And then it's also the scariest thing in the world because they grow up. I think in those the first six months it's really difficult.
Speaker 5: It really is.
Speaker 11: But I feel like it's less difficult if you attend to your wife, make sure she's okay.
Speaker 6: And the more kids you have the easier.
Speaker 4: No, it is, now, my got shut up much. It is.
Speaker 11: It is more difficult because now you have not only the baby, but the other kids that are little that have to be watching. They're at different stages of development and attention.
Speaker 6: I'm talking about the baby though. The baby's easier because you kind of know what you're doing.
Speaker 4: And you don't freak out over everything. When the first one is born, you are worried about every breath and everything, and once you have one, then you have a second one, you're like, oh, that kid's fine, Like if it rolls off the couch, big deal.
Speaker 8: You care a little bit less.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, right now, the first one you are paying attention to every detail, so you're really exhausted and you're mentally strained. Just relax and not pay attention to everything and freak out over every breath. It makes it so much easier.
Speaker 6: But we could tell you that over and over, but you're never gonna do that. You're always going to freak out with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah you will.
Speaker 11: Baby, you're always checking make sure they're breathe and looking at their chest like it's a it's it's it's it's great but awful.
Speaker 5: Which one is it? More?
Speaker 8: Though?
Speaker 5: It's right in the middle.
Speaker 6: You're asking us now though after the fact, it's awesome.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, I need you. I'm asking not for the caller, for myself in the moment. It's awful, It really is. It's awful.
Speaker 3: Really, Am I going to be miserable for a while coming into work?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, you're gonna sleep like an hour two hours a night easily.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'll be sleep depride. But really you should still be able to get sleep because when the kid naps, you should nap.
Speaker 3: No, I just need to have like five at once, because it kindly gets.
Speaker 5: Easier five at one time.
Speaker 3: Get out of the more than number is okay?
Speaker 5: Well call her. I don't know if you got anything from that pushed through.
Speaker 6: Just that's the moral of the story.
Speaker 4: Just take a nap.
Speaker 5: Well TV. Watch what else do you do?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: The baby can't go anywhere he was holding and watch TV. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening and thanks for calling our voicemail line. Do you guys can call us anytime. Eight seven, seven seventy seven, Bobby, it's.
Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, Eddie's son nearly got scammed after he took his car in for an oil change and Amy almost had to go to the er all because of.
Speaker 7: A chicken bone.
Speaker 5: Number five.
Speaker 3: So, Eddie, your son took his car and for an oil change.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just needed an oil change. He was over three thousand miles. So he goes, did you warn him?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: I just said, you know what you're doing. He's done it before and so on. You know what you're doing. Just kind on over to that place right down the street and you know, just to get your old change. And then he calls me like three times in a row. And that's why I know, like something's up, Like why is he calling me? Somebody he calls me and he says, Dad, Dad. They're saying my car is completely messed up, like not only the oil change, they need me to get my engine flushed, a new air filter. And they said my battery is about to die. And I was like, my bad, your battery's about to die. And so I said, ask him, like how bad the battery is? And then he like puts me on hold because back says, they say that I may not make it home. No way, So I go, no, there's no chance you drove over there. No problem, it's right down the road. Just get your oil change and come back.
Speaker 5: He comes back.
Speaker 6: I have one of those battery testers. Test the battery. It's perfect, there's nothing wrong with the battery. And the fact that they told him you may not make it home.
Speaker 3: That's not so annoying because they saw a vulnerable young adult he's seventeen years old, and thought, well, he's not gonna know enough about it, so let's try to squeeze him for everything. They do the air filter thing where they bring out the dirty air filter, checked it, and I don't even they just get me on that.
Speaker 6: They compare it was like here's a new one and here's yours.
Speaker 3: I'm not even sure the one that'd go hoof was the one really my car?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think they would just have a dirty one back there. They'd bring up and be like, oh, do you want to keep driving with this one?
Speaker 8: See?
Speaker 6: I remember, like the air filter and then you know, fill up your window, your window washer.
Speaker 5: Fluid wind wiper.
Speaker 3: But that was like six bucks I didn't mind washer fluid, but.
Speaker 6: A new battery an engine flesh, like you're not.
Speaker 7: Going to make it home?
Speaker 6: Like that's the one that got me. They said you may not make it home. But they did say like I'm not the judge here, you know, like I'm not an official mechanic, but you may not make it home.
Speaker 5: How does that make you feel about that place?
Speaker 6: Never going back?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 7: Why are you at a car place?
Speaker 12: And they say I'm not an official mechanic, Like don't you want a mechanic?
Speaker 5: They're they're oil changers.
Speaker 6: Oh they're not okay, and like I could put a new battery in. I don't think you really need to be a official mechanic.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's true.
Speaker 3: And also is there a such thing as an official mechanic. I'm sure to specialized automobiles, like you probably get trained, but do you is there just an all around here?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I'm if you just a certificate, yeah, if you just work on stuff, I think you're a mechanic.
Speaker 6: No, because a friend of mine he actually went to school for it and he got certified as a mechanic.
Speaker 3: Probably trade but specialized, but specialized in certain things, right, Like I know how to put this engine together.
Speaker 12: H M.
Speaker 3: Can't I just go out and work on a car and be like, yeah, I'm kind of recreational mechanic.
Speaker 5: That's a good question. I don't know.
Speaker 3: So no more going to that place. No, we're done with that bood. He didn't fall for it. That sucks.
Speaker 6: I mean he said it was going to be like three hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Of course it was.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I probably got tricked a few times back in the day because I would fall for that crap. Wow, that's how bad mayor filter is. And I need new tires. Yeah, I'll just take a new car, you guys, great point, I'll take a new car. So what he learned from this.
Speaker 6: He learned that just go to the oil change to get an oil change. Everything else we'll figure out later.
Speaker 5: Did he learned anything, though, like bigger than that?
Speaker 3: Like macro call your dad?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I mean no, just yeah, you call.
Speaker 8: Your dad dad.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: Amy had an issue too. She thought she was dying.
Speaker 12: You swallowed a little teeny tiny chicken bone, which I made soup. But to save time on the chicken, I just shredded up a rotisserie chicken and so in that process. I think a little teeny tiny bone ended up in the soup and then ended up in my mouth. But by the time I realized it because I sort of felt it, but then I swallowed, and then it was too late. It was sort of in my throat and there was nothing else I could do but just be like, Okay, let's hope this is small enough and it's going to be fine. So I take a gentle swallow and it makes it down so that I'm like, Okay, I'm fine now, But what if it like does damage on the way down, or when it gets to my intestines it it starts like poking holes and stuff.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I just started to freak out that the gentle swallow was the wrong move.
Speaker 3: Well, when it was in your mouth, you didn't think to spit it out, No, it just.
Speaker 12: Sort of it was already in the back of my throat and then it's like the swallow just happened, and I was like, okay, it's too late, Like I don't know what else to do, and so.
Speaker 5: You considered going to the er.
Speaker 7: Well, I thought, what do I do here?
Speaker 12: So that's when I went to google what do I do if I swallowed a chicken bone, Like, do I go to the er?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Here you go.
Speaker 13: So you probably don't need to go to the er if you swallow a chicken bone. The things you worry about swallowing are things that are really sharp or things that are really long. If they're sharp, they can puncture the intestines as they're working their way down. If they're really long, they may not even make it past the stomach. You got to figure most chicken bones you swallow are probably going to be splinters off a chicken bone. It's probably going to pass with no problem. But if somehow you happen to swallow a chicken bone that's longer than say three inches, or a really big sharp piece, that's probably a reason to go to the er and get a specialist there to remove it from your stomach.
Speaker 12: So I knew that it was not that long and it was probably more of a splinter like he said, which that is from the University of Utah.
Speaker 7: It's so cool. I googled this.
Speaker 12: And then it took me to their website and they have something called the Health Minute with a doctor explaining exactly what to do, and they have tons of these like whatever your scenario is click the health minute and a doctor's just telling you what to do.
Speaker 3: My luck with a chicken bone, it all goes down, it's all doing good, doesn't cut anything up, and it decides to get sideways, right, it's about to come out the old bee hole. That's when it turns just sideways enough, and I'm like, all right, time to go there. That's my luck with the chicken bone. Also, if you swallow over a three inch chicken bone, you like, what were you.
Speaker 4: Doing with that chicken?
Speaker 7: I thought this through because like.
Speaker 12: My kids, the way they eat chicken it's different than us. And I don't know if it's just because like at the orphanage, like they ate every single Like I said, it's like there's two types of people. You kind of eat a little bit of meat off the chicken bone, or you like put it all in your mouth and suck everything off.
Speaker 7: And that's just how they do it.
Speaker 12: And I was thinking, what if you're in the process of trying to get every piece of meat off that bone and someone says something funny.
Speaker 3: Like a chicken wing, and I walk in through a mouth and you're like.
Speaker 12: And then you like take a thing and then the the the big bone just sort of like lodges its way back there and you swallow it. That was this scenario I went through in my head because I'm like, how does that happen?
Speaker 5: Well, here's what we learned here.
Speaker 3: Don't trust old James people never And if you swallow a chicken bone, a pull out tape measure sif it's blow three inches. Right, I'm glad both of you guys came out of this thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, though it's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 4: It's always wild what the Internet comes up with.
Speaker 2: And currently there is a conspiracy theory about Bobby's ankle surgery and his wife having a baby.
Speaker 1: Number four.
Speaker 3: There is a theory that I've seen a few times. I want to address it now. People are thinking and saying that my ankle surgery is me actually not having ankle surgery, but my wife going into labor. That's why I will be missing if I miss anytime. That's the new conspiracy theory around the internet.
Speaker 5: Interesting, not a bad one. Pretty good.
Speaker 7: Do you walk fine?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: I don't. No, he's been limping for for years, not seen him limp. I can't believe you don't watching me walk a lot. When I walked through the Hardbay's like, like, I walk.
Speaker 7: What did he tell you to say that?
Speaker 5: No, I saw him the other day like limping. I limp constantly, really.
Speaker 9: Fine.
Speaker 3: Back when we first started, he noticed all the little details, Amy, Now you don't notice anything.
Speaker 5: Amy.
Speaker 6: Back in the day he used to skip and like go backwards a little bit.
Speaker 5: And now that skip's gone, moon walk into the studio. Yeah, it's all gone. So that's the theory.
Speaker 3: I will neither confirm nor deny, but I think that's a good conspiracy theory.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 3: But my ankle surgery is scheduled for in less than two weeks.
Speaker 5: We'll say that. Okay, but do people schedule having babies?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yes, oh see sections Oh interesting, interesting how that comes together again, The theory is pretty good. Yeah, laughed.
Speaker 3: And I've I've read it like five times in my DMS. I had this article that I was reading too experts because my algorithm feeds me parent stuff.
Speaker 6: Now that's amazing, Like that's crazy how that works?
Speaker 7: Still crazy to you? Yes, I mean I've accepted it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, it's just part of life, this right.
Speaker 7: In fact, I get disappointed. I yeah, fed what I'm asking for I'm sort of like what's going on.
Speaker 3: Experts found the parents make it a habit to hide important stuff from their kids, which is not helpful at all for their overall development. The number one thing that kids are ignorant of at an age when they should is how babies are made.
Speaker 6: So we're supposed to just let them in on it.
Speaker 12: Yes, earlier, Well, I mean, there's age appropriate ways to have conversation.
Speaker 3: I mean, but the point is the age appropriateness for everyone, they feels a little too old because by the time the general person has the age appropriate in their mind talk, the kid already knows and has found out ways at school that probably aren't the ways you'd want them to find out.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, I think that generationally speaking, like each generations got a little bit better about doing it earlier.
Speaker 3: I feel like the first words, and I've talked about this with my wife first words, that I want our baby to say a penis vagina first words, Yeah, because I want them to know that. I wanted to know where they came from first, like I wanted to know how may.
Speaker 12: That's not That's not all you have to explain. You don't just say penis.
Speaker 5: But it has to start there.
Speaker 7: Okay, it starts from it gets more.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 3: I want them to come out in their first words, their penis, virginia, and then we start from there, so it's not awkward.
Speaker 5: What's that babe's first word?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys would be shocked to know the baby has two first words.
Speaker 12: I think that's good though, Like, so they know scientifically well whatever.
Speaker 5: Probably penis whatever, right, just knowing.
Speaker 12: The scientific terms instead of like being like you're beating your huha mm hm.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's interesting, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Second, not telling their kids about alcohol and its effects, smoking in drug use, because again that's something that they are exposed to or is talked about in school before.
Speaker 5: Their parents even address it with them. That's good.
Speaker 3: And the easiest way to have a conversation is to sit down with the whole family at dinner and just talk openly without judgment. That line kind of seems like bull crap because that's what you say, but it's almost impossible to do. The easiest ways to sit down at dinner and just it sounds like a brady bunch of well.
Speaker 6: What's crazy is that kind of happened?
Speaker 8: To us.
Speaker 6: We were at a Mexican restaurant and my wife and I got Margarita's and like all the boys go, that looks so good, and we're like, all right, and.
Speaker 5: That's the time.
Speaker 3: And you said, first word, margot, I have one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, take a sip.
Speaker 12: And then normally they're like, oh, that's not as good as I thought.
Speaker 5: Oh, would you do take a so oh I don't let them take a sip.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 3: I think it would make them feel like it's super gross, like Amy's because I've never had a sip, but it smells so bad that if you can't have enough to get the fun effects of it, it would only come off as negative.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: No, I really try my best to not make alcohol a big deal.
Speaker 7: I don't I don't.
Speaker 5: Know what do you mean by a big deal? Write this down? Third word, Jack Daniels.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 12: Now you have to it's case my case, and you have to like try to know your kids as best as possible.
Speaker 7: But I think what we've really tried.
Speaker 12: To do is not make it this huge deal so that way it becomes this like, oh, you want what you can't have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, other cultures do that a great job of that where alcohol is not a big deal.
Speaker 5: So you're exposed to it much younger.
Speaker 3: So then when you're older, the lack of exposure doesn't create over exposure, which then turns into bad habits and addictions.
Speaker 6: Then what's the talk we're supposed to have to tell them how bad it can be to some people.
Speaker 5: I think you just go shop for shot with them and teach them what it's like. I saw a girl on We'll Do It this weekend.
Speaker 12: I saw a girl on TikTok say that her parents they told all their kids that if they smoke marijuana, like it's something hereditary in their family. They can't explain it, but it's happened to you know, Aunt Sue and cousin Joe and whatever. The minute you smoke marijuana, you have to poove your pants.
Speaker 3: And so they wait, that was that true though? Not no, but they thought, I don't know, I'm thinking that might be true, right, everybody's body is different.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but they said every time they were at a party, like if they were offered weed or anything like that, they would be so mortified that they would instantly have to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 7: That they were like, no, we were, but that's a lie.
Speaker 12: It was a lie, but they were like they were sharing on TikTok is like a trend of like sharing lies your parents told you that you believe, but.
Speaker 5: This isn't about this is about this story is about.
Speaker 12: But it just made me think of that, like, oh, okay, well that yeah, yeah, yeah you believe like that'll keep you off the drugs for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I also wonder for as the drugs. That's from India parenting dot Com. Uh, anyway, that's I get a lot of parenting stuff. And you know what else I've learned about parenting stuff is that not a single expert has it figured out.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 7: You know who's pretty good though not doctor Becky. She's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Wow, she got her degree. She was just aunt she was and then she went back to school on full house.
Speaker 7: Yeah no her handle. You need to start following her.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm not what Bobby, You're.
Speaker 7: About to be a dad?
Speaker 5: You know, I'm gonna figured out. I told my wife this.
Speaker 3: I was like, I didn't have models, Like, I don't have parents that I have to either do better than or live up to or do different. Then, right, you when you see a model, you either want to do better than them. You want to do way different than them because you don't agree with it, or I forgot the other one I said, and so I don't have that. So I'm just gonna go Let's just feel it out and see what's up. That's my technique. Let's just feel it out and see what's up.
Speaker 5: Okay, they'll be fine.
Speaker 7: I know you're going to be fine. I just think that, you.
Speaker 3: Know, with a with a statement of let's just feel it out and see what's up.
Speaker 5: What can go wrong? Nothing, That's my point.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: Should Bobby go to a Dancing with the Stars filming?
Speaker 4: He got invited.
Speaker 2: It's also around his ankle surgery and he's just not sure what to do, but there's a possibility he can make it work.
Speaker 5: Number three.
Speaker 3: Dylan e Fron is on Dancing with the Stars this season. It's zac Efron's little brother, but he's bigger than he is, but younger brother. He broke his nose during rehearsals for the show, and so I broke a tooth during rehearsal.
Speaker 5: Same thing.
Speaker 3: There's just too many elbows and arms swinging around and if it hits you like I could see where I could explode a nose, like trying to hit me in the tooth. It was my fault, obviously, but I had to go and get a tooth replaced during it. But that show is hard on the body, Like I tore my shoulder when I fell. I got something to run by you guys, now that I think about it. So I got invited to go back in two weeks to the show because there if you were on the show, the whole audience is going to be people that were on the show. So not sure if they're like tearing this, you know, champions up front. I don't know what they're doing. But I got invited to go back and be a part of that night. The only problem is I have ankle surgery and then it's like five or six days later and I'd be on crutches. Like do I want to fly across the country on crutches go into the theater?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, one does it doesn't it like explode your ankle if you fly with with the altitude.
Speaker 7: And all that, all of a sudden, maybe some compression talks on or something.
Speaker 3: And then also do I want to have to go on crutches?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're not going to see the crutches on TV right, like you'll be sitting.
Speaker 5: No, but it's just like the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Like and also, my wife's not going to go because she's pregnant. Okay, so who am I going to go with?
Speaker 7: Well, you'll know people there is Sharna going.
Speaker 6: To go, but to help them on and off the plane's the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Like I need I get special assistance up front.
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 5: You know, like anybody did special needs, you go first? Here, I am you border whatever they say, I go.
Speaker 3: I just feel like it's a lot of I don't even know IFOD be fully healed by.
Speaker 7: The I mean, I mean, I think it's cool you got invited back.
Speaker 3: I had to do too, and I should I just move the surgery, Yes, slide the right.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's a dating app.
Speaker 7: No, not white.
Speaker 12: When you're on the calendar, if you slide something to the right, you move it down a few days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if I can because it's been scheduled for a while. Hmmm, I mean I don't want to go on crutches.
Speaker 12: Okay, listen, So it sounds like you're not gonna go. Why are you even asking us.
Speaker 6: You won't go on crutches, even if like say I go and help you.
Speaker 5: It's not even about that.
Speaker 3: It's like you're supposed to when you go to that show.
Speaker 7: Do you have to dance?
Speaker 12: No, just in case they ask you, Yeah, be ready, but look at you can like Zach Morris, yes, and like do THESI yes.
Speaker 3: The sprain the sprain. Yeah. I don't think they're gonna ask me to do. They've never asked me to dance. Like I think I'm one of the few that's won the show. They've never asked to come back and dance.
Speaker 7: I'm sort of like they've invited you to come back. I think you should go.
Speaker 3: But everyone that has been on the show got invited to go back. I'm pretty sure. I think the whole audience is former people that were on the show.
Speaker 7: So yeah, then it'd be so weird if you're the only one that doesn't go.
Speaker 3: I don't think anyone would notice you're a chant man.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I go and they put me back in the corner and the nosebleeds and I just get offended. And there's a big party afterward with like everybody who's one but I'm not don't go to parties. I would if I went, I would go to that, but I don't really I'm not really a party well.
Speaker 7: Thing you should go and let us know what those parties are like.
Speaker 5: I just don't want to be crutches.
Speaker 8: Guy.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna see if I can move my surgery. Okay, If I can, then but then I'm I'm going by myself.
Speaker 6: Okay, so volunteering, you need me to go?
Speaker 7: Any reason to leave his family?
Speaker 6: Why put words in my mind? I have to check with my family first.
Speaker 7: That was That was such a joke. Yes, because we joke. How you stay up here all the time.
Speaker 5: You don't have to.
Speaker 3: Explain your joke. Okay, So I'm tb d. Let me figure out if I can move my surgery so I can go to a night of dancing.
Speaker 5: With the stars.
Speaker 8: It sounds like it feels.
Speaker 7: You don't have to tell them why.
Speaker 3: I'm not even dancing. I'm just sitting in the crowd.
Speaker 12: A work obligation has come up. Are we able to slide this.
Speaker 8: And they go?
Speaker 3: They dancy with this starts that you were talking about on the show.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, it was.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me figure out if I can move my surgery.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two Lunchbox has some mysterious pain in his side that is not going away, and doctors are stumped on what's going on with him. So he laid out all of his symptoms and hopes that somebody listening may have the answers for him or may guide him in the right direction. So if you're a doctor or a nurse or somebody who may have a little bit more information, listen to this and then hit up Lunchbox on Instagram because he really need some help.
Speaker 3: Number two Hutchbok's been to the doctor over and over again because you have a sharp pain in your side or way.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, it's been like four months and it's like to the left of my belly button. I can't run, I can't do anything. I mean I've bend over to pick something up and there is a sharp pain.
Speaker 3: So kind of describe on your body, you say, left side of the belly button.
Speaker 5: Give us a little more detail.
Speaker 4: Like it's above the hip bone. If you go down to your belly button and go about maybe eight inches to your left, like use your left hand, move it over eight inches right above the belt line, and it is just a sharp pain, like if I run, it's a sharp pain if I It's just so annoying. And it's been four months and I've been to numerous doctors and they're all just like, I don't know what it is. Man, I don't know. Go to a different doctor.
Speaker 8: Go to that.
Speaker 5: That's what they say.
Speaker 3: You walk in and they go, I don't know what it is, man, go to a different doctor.
Speaker 4: Literally, I went to the doctor they sent me for a CT skin and he's like, I don't see anything. It just must be gas. And I'm like, no, no, no, it's not gas. Man, Like it's been there for two months. So I go to another doctor and they're like, I'm like, is it a hernia? And they're like, nah, no, a hernia. I don't know what it is. Maybe go see a different doctor. That's literally what they say. And I'm like, do doctors just suck at their job and they don't want to just tell me? Like what do I need to do? I am in pain, I can't run, I can't do anything.
Speaker 5: Aty use experienced something similar.
Speaker 6: Same man, but I didn't go to the doctor. I found out what it was and yours was popcorn. I overdid popcorn. I realized that you overdosed on popcorn. They had bottomless popcorn at the movie theater, like because it happened one time and that week I was like, dude, it's hurt so bad. And then it went away, no problem. You were yelling cancer on the show. I thought it could be cancer.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But then like a month later, I had the same pain again, and guess what I had done two days before that bottomless popcorn, Lunchbox.
Speaker 5: Have you been anywhere near bottomless popcorn? No?
Speaker 4: I haven't. And here's the crazy part. One doctor even told me, He's like, maybe it's your pelvic floor. Just look up some videos on YouTube and do some exercises.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what the way Lunchbox interprets and translates his doctor to us, then none of them care about him.
Speaker 5: He walks it, Oh, who cared? Man, You're good, run dirt on it.
Speaker 3: Like they have to actually have some empathy sympathy. They have to actually have some bedside manner with you. They don't just we don't just walk in and they're like, nah, I mean we got noth and get out. Sometimes they don't though everyone they've been in multiple and every one of them amy.
Speaker 7: Are like that lunchbox. I just texted you a pain locator chart.
Speaker 12: If you could identify exactly where you have the pain, please.
Speaker 5: And be honest. Is it your a wiener?
Speaker 4: No, it's not my wiener because I meant it.
Speaker 3: If you're embarrassed to that and you're like, oh, there's a pain, but it's your wiener, I think we should just say it because we can fix it faster.
Speaker 5: Honesty is the best thing. Yes, yeah, it's nothing to be ashamed of.
Speaker 4: No, here's the thing, Like, if I go running, the sharp pain is there the whole time, and it's just like, oh, so unbearable. If I play soccer, I've done it a couple of times and I'm able to play soccer. But like three minutes after the game, if I sit down and take my shoes off the walk to the car, I can barely walk to the car. I'm in so much pain.
Speaker 5: So what, let's just diagnose some ourselves.
Speaker 4: It could be a tumor.
Speaker 3: The doctors obviously don't care about them. I've never heard of multiple doctors not caring so much than his I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm literally telling you one of the doctors told me it's probably your pelvic floor. Just google some exercises on YouTube, like, it's probably my pelvit floor. We're not for sure, but just go ahead and google some exercises. I'm not sure that's the way we're supposed to do things.
Speaker 3: The problem, or at least the difficulty that I've had with a couple of injuries that are muscle related sometimes is you're not going to really be able to see exactly what's wrong unless you do some really deep type scans.
Speaker 7: Is CT scan not deep?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Amy at number six would be my pain in the chart.
Speaker 5: Okay, No, that's it, that's his wiener.
Speaker 4: No, it's number six umbilical region.
Speaker 5: And oh you're in biblical course, so.
Speaker 12: It looks like it could be either your left kidney, eddie.
Speaker 5: Oh oh hey, this is how the donated kidney could be.
Speaker 12: It was your moment or or you're you're descending colon.
Speaker 5: What have you been doing back there, buddy?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know what a descending colon is, but I tell you, like getting up off the couche.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because he did say, like, you know, I can't do a lot of things that he's only said, running and soccer, well, running.
Speaker 4: Well like physical activity, Like I can't do it?
Speaker 5: What about.
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. Does it hurt when you make out?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: It hurts, like I'm talking, But I find through it, Like if I if I just reach my arm up like this, it's like, ah, I can feel the pain and it's I don't know what it is and I can't figure it out, and no doctor will help me.
Speaker 3: What my suggestion would be, what I think it would be, just to think would be. It's it's probably some kind of tendon like tear like strain. Because again you're gonna have to do some image, some images deep down in order to see that.
Speaker 5: Sounds like what it is to me. Again, I'm not that.
Speaker 3: Kind of doctor, but you are a doctor, but just of letters. So strain of a tendon, probably in that area. Is it on your right? Is it on your kicking side?
Speaker 7: It's left, it's left.
Speaker 4: I use both feet.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm engaget.
Speaker 4: That's cool, yeah, but I'm telling you it is so bad. I mean, for four months, guys, I've been in just this pain. And so then I even started going to physical therapy, thinking oh, this will solve it and let me tell you no. After two and a half weeks of physical therapy, said no more, it's making it worse, Like I am in so much pain.
Speaker 7: So what do you think it's worse before it gets better?
Speaker 6: What do you think in lunchbox cancer? What are you thinking?
Speaker 4: I thought it was a hernia because everything I google hernia and then I go to the hernia dot to the right. Not hernia. We don't know what it is. Looking in my seat.
Speaker 5: Have you looked up castration if that'll help?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Why would that help?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 5: Just check it out out google it.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 5: Pain last options here? What else?
Speaker 7: But the guys, this could be severe?
Speaker 3: Oh god, okay, see because the internet's not dramatic at all, luch spots.
Speaker 5: So you're sitting down, Yeah I am, but it hurts good?
Speaker 7: Now you say, is it? Is it in the belly button at all? Or just to the left of it?
Speaker 4: To the left. There are times like when the pain shoots down into the groin area or goes all the way across the front of my stomach.
Speaker 5: Does it burn when you pee?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, that eliminates that.
Speaker 12: I mean, do you do you think you need to have your opindance looked at.
Speaker 4: I don't think everything on Google those the appendix is on the right side, he said, location six.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go back to I know I went to.
Speaker 12: Six, and y'all, well, if he needs kidney help a DODI, you better step up.
Speaker 5: So six is kidney spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lunchbox, call your doctor back and say, Amy said it.
Speaker 12: Was position six, specifically your left kidney and your descending colon. I actually have a yoga move that's supposed to help the descending colon.
Speaker 5: Okay, what is it?
Speaker 12: You need to pull your leg up like a squeeze it almost like you're hugging your knees, but just pull. I don't know if it's the right or the left, but I guess in this case it'll probably.
Speaker 7: Be your left.
Speaker 12: So you pull your left leg up and squeeze it tight into your stomach. You know you've done it before, because I know you've gone to yoga class.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I just lay on my back.
Speaker 12: Yep, lay flat on your back like you're in sevasna, and then pull your left leg up, your knee into your chest and hug it tight.
Speaker 7: Hug it tight, squeeze. Are you doing it?
Speaker 4: I mean you want to lay down right now.
Speaker 5: Right now. Yes, let's say it hard. What's do you know what that is? Yes?
Speaker 7: Dead man's pose?
Speaker 12: You got, guys, Lunchbocks has done a lot of yoga.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, yes, it's like a secret.
Speaker 7: It's like his guilty pleasure.
Speaker 3: He gets that has the chimney, timpey tacos, peanut tippe whatever, he has his metan tacos.
Speaker 5: Okay, feel better?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 5: Okay? Okay? Well, Well, if anybody can.
Speaker 3: Call our voicemail line and leave us, if they also have pain in area six.
Speaker 5: That's key.
Speaker 3: You gotta know area six, yes, or if they have had trouble with their descending colon, we could use some help.
Speaker 5: You have one more thing.
Speaker 12: I don't want to ask this, but we have.
Speaker 7: Have you been constipated?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Trust me, there is no constipation.
Speaker 3: They no, Just say no trust that's the big deal.
Speaker 4: Well I'm not. I'm just saying no.
Speaker 5: We're not going to take less of you if you are.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you guys call us position six descending.
Speaker 7: Colon left kidney.
Speaker 3: Well that area eight seven seven seventy seven, Bobby.
Speaker 5: If doctors won't, we.
Speaker 3: Will fix this ourselves, between us and our voicemail line and we will fix this ourselves.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, Kenny Disney stop by the studio. He has a new book out and he also talked about his shows in Vegas at the Sphere and also what it was like with sports growing up for him and how he got into music. So a lot of fun stories with Kenny Chesney in studio now.
Speaker 1: Number one, so Bobby Bones Show interviews. In case you didn't know.
Speaker 3: We have Kenny Chas and studio right now. You can pre order his book Heart Life Music. It is out November fourth. Here he is Kenny Chesney.
Speaker 1: On the Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 8: Now, Kenny Chesney, can you good to see you, buddy, good to see you. Thanks for having me again. I regret not coming to the Sphere shows. I'm gonna tell you why. Two reasons multiple One because you were kind enough to just beat out and be like you should come to the show. And I was like, ah, I don't know, it's a long trip, and it's a long trip.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a long trip. But I was like, I do like Kenny. I've seen him live spears, but I've talked to so many people who have gone that even I didn't know. I'll give you an example. I was talking to PJ. Fleck, who's the head coach of Minnesota. Yeah, he said he went out with Matt Ruhle, the coach Nebraska, and he was like, it's the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life. And I was like, I so regret not going. And then I saw that you just announced some new ones. Yeah, next year, we're gonna go next year. Well, now that it's over, what was your experience like doing those shows?
Speaker 5: It's fear.
Speaker 8: It was unlike anything we've ever done, you know, to be up there in that space and to have a lot of people come, well, almost ninety percent of the people inside the sphere was from out of town, right, and it's people that have lived with this music for a while. But they got to experience it all in a completely different way, all those songs in a completely different way. And we worked really hard to give them that experience and believed or not, we're already working for next summer, because it takes a minute to create all the stuff, you know, so, but it was for us, it was just it was a different neural pathway that we as a band needed, and it was. It was just an awesome, awesome I think we did twelve fifteen shows something like that.
Speaker 3: Was it weird for you to do those shows and people not always be staring at you at first?
Speaker 8: But I almost used it as a goal every night to bring them back over the fence, because look, it's human nature. I mean us as a band. We went on stage and we're up there playing and we're going, Wow, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: You're also watching the show. We're watching the show.
Speaker 8: We're like, oh wow, you know, like I forgot I forgot what song it was. But on the first show it's a song that I've sang forever, and like, I've totally forgot the second verse. I was like, oh wow, okay in the middle of the song. So, but it was an unbelievable experience for us, and uh and I think the fans that came out just had a great time.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna change it up song. I'm gonna come though, next time.
Speaker 8: You gotta yeah, you gotta come and stay for more than a day, you know, make it worth it.
Speaker 5: What do you mean, go two shows?
Speaker 8: No, but just do something else. Oh, I get so dehydrated out there. Okay, you're already talking yourself.
Speaker 5: I know, I am. That's what I do.
Speaker 8: Everything, You're right, not even Christmas?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got like many other things to talk about. So I was reading some of your book.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: There's a chapter checking after Church, and in that chapter you're talking about uh and this related to me because I from Arkansas, we and have pro sports. And in that chapter you're talking about how like Tennessee football that's what it was because that's what you had, and that's why you kind of have a such a passion for it.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 5: I think that's very.
Speaker 3: Familiar with people in reural parts of the country.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Especially yeah, no question, especially when you live in a town that leans on certain things. And for us, it was school, it was church, it was family and football. And like you said, we didn't have a pro allegiance to anything. You know, for us to go see a baseball game, we had to go to either Cincinnati or Atlanta, and so, you know, Tennessee football was all we had. And when you go, when you listened, there was there was a broadcaster named John Ward that was just a full keyro throughout the state of Tennessee and throughout the Southeastern Conference. But as a kid, all I that's all I listened to, you know, and and and you have this idea of walking into a football stadium and what it's going to look like. And the first time I went with my father end of that stadium, it was just the most un believable experience of my life.
Speaker 5: As a memory.
Speaker 8: Every I can remember the smell, I just how excited I was, and just like it was the biggest thing ever. And that's you know, that's where my love of football started.
Speaker 3: Do you still on Saturdays?
Speaker 5: Especially?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Because I do like when Arkansas plays, I got I don't nobody. I don't want to I don't want to do anything except focus on that.
Speaker 5: Do you have that on Saturday?
Speaker 8: It's it's not I don't like to watch football with a lot of people.
Speaker 5: I don't watch it with anybody.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Like I get invited to a lot of football parties and stuff, and I go, no, I want, like, I want to watch whatever game it is. I don't want to talk to anybody. I don't want anybody talking to me. And that's just the way it is.
Speaker 5: I'm not like that with life though, not just football. With anything. Actually, I just want to.
Speaker 8: Talk to me, No I I I you know, I like people around in my everyday life, but it's football and I care about the game. I don't want somebody just talking to me about random things. When when ever, you decided to do a book? And my experience with my books was to actually convey how I felt.
Speaker 3: I had to kind of relive some stuff that maybe I avoided or maybe I forgot about. But holy crap, did it all come back like a ton of bricks at times.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I Like in therapy they tell you to keep telling the story and every time you tell it you remember something different.
Speaker 3: Yep, Well how did that happen with this book?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 3: What was it that you kind of revisited and then had to be emotional? But you're like, dang it, maybe it made you feel good, but you hadn't thought about it so long.
Speaker 8: Well, it was just the connection of our audience. And when I got into those those places, it just made me think, like, we've been really busy for a long time, and it's been moving really fast, and so I got to this place where I was like, you know, I have all these people that did it with me, and I have all these people that championed my journey in a lot of ways, and I wanted to take a moment and honor them first and then write down what has happened to me, because now is the time, I felt like. But there was a lot of There was a lot of times that I was setting with Holly Gleeson and going wow when I when I start thinking about my grandmother, I can remember the smell in her kitchen and the first time I heard country music, and I think it's in our lives. There are things that happened to us that seemed like really small things at the time, and then you move forward in your life and you look back and go, wow, those really were big things that were guiding you to a specific place. And that was the way it was for me with music, you know, because there wasn't this one thing like but there was. I went to see Alabama, I saw I lived with my grandmother when I was a kid, and I saw bluegrass music on her TV in the mornings, and I was like, wow, what is this? But then I had a ball glove in my hand the whole time, right because I thought sports was going to be my life. But little did I know that these these seeds were being planted, you know, every now and then. That led me to being this person.
Speaker 3: Will you talk more about the Alabama reference you made, because even in the book you talk about that a little bit at seeing Alabama kind of changed your life on how much you love country music.
Speaker 8: I was a kid. I think I was twelve, I'm not sure how old I was, but my mom loved the group Alabama, and when I was a kid, they were like the biggest thing going ever, and to us they were the Beatles and the Rolling Stones. I mean they really were, because they dressed like us, and they sang songs about us, and they sing that we just loved them, you know. And all of a sudden, we get this, we see on TV and on the radio that they're coming to a farm, to a field about eight miles from our house. And it was the biggest thing that ever happened to me as a child. And I went to see them, and something happened inside my soul. It was just that set me on this path just internally. I was just stunned about how much they connected with the audience. And little did I know, you know, at that night, that later on in my life when I first got into the business, that their manager would become my manager. I mean, he was there that night. And the order I get, the more I see that we're all connected. The universe is pushing us in certain ways, and it was just crazy to think that that night I would become friends with those guys, go out on the road with them, and their manager would become my manager. And I benefited a lot from that. And that was one of the first times as a kid that I remember like going, Wow, that's what I want to do. Right.
Speaker 3: What song would you hear from them? Because music has.
Speaker 8: There was so many songs, whereas Dixie Land Delight, there was a Tennessee River, there was Lady Doll in Love.
Speaker 3: There was But if you heard it now, it reminds you of like that experience.
Speaker 8: Oh, if I heard it now, it reminded me of that experience. And also I was on the road with them for like three years. Yeah, right, And I remember being in Reno, Nevada with them, and I was watching their soundcheck and I'd been out a couple of years and I hadn't been home in a while, and I was really tired. And Teddy Gentry, the bass player of Alabama comes off stage and he goes, what's wrong with you? I said, I'm tired. He goes, wait, you've been out here thirty years, then you can be tired. And he was right.
Speaker 3: Whenever year doing the interviews for this book, I'm assuming some days you go in and you're like, I got nothing, Like I'm tapped out, I'm tired. I don't have many good stories. Any any great stories come from those days where you didn't really expect to have good stories.
Speaker 8: Wait, wait, what do you mean, like from.
Speaker 3: Like from this book you did. You did a lot of interviews with Holly, like you just.
Speaker 8: Talked a lot. Yes, we talked a lot.
Speaker 3: And I know the feeling of having to like just pour it out and think I got nothing in the tank today, there's nothing valuable there. And it turns out they find very valuable things that you didn't realize could be expanded upon so much.
Speaker 8: One of one of the stories that that I didn't know if he was even going to make the book is when I was a kid, there was a basketball coach at the University of North Carolina named Dean Smith, and he had a basketball camp every year, and uh, this is this goes back to all these moments that had that pushed me in a certain direction that I didn't realize at the time was doing it. But I spent a week in Chapel Hill at de Smith's basketball camp and we all ate in the same cafeteria and they had a TV. It's about as it seemed like as big as that that screen right there, and they had MTV on it, and back in the day MTV was it was amazing and you got to really see the artists. And that's the first time that I saw this video of Tom Patty. He had this big top hat on and I think it was don't come around here no More. I'm not sure if that's the right song or not, but I just remember I was just fixed on that screen, and for some reason, I was listening to the not I wasn't just looking at him, but I was listening to the music, and it just kind of inspired me somehow, you know, And I remembered everything in the book where we talk about my life experience, there is a music thread to it that got me to this place, and that was one of them.
Speaker 3: When did the beach come into play? Because you're from the middle of no water.
Speaker 8: Oh no, the beach that came into play with my mother. You know, we would always go to Myrtle Beach or daytona beach that's like vacation.
Speaker 3: But you're like known for the beach. You're synonymous for the beach. From a guy who grew.
Speaker 8: Up landlocked, well, I think it's more of an island vibe than it is a beach vibe.
Speaker 5: I don't know the difference. I don't like either.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, well there is a difference. But you know, I always love the ocean. I feel creative next to it. I feel humbled next to it. I feel very humble on a boat on it, and I've got written So me and Dan Dylan would go to the Virgin Islands and write songs on my boat at least two or three times. It was so much fun. And I don't know, I just feel different there. I feel creative and that I've always felt that way, even as a child. But I got the love for for sunlight and the ocean and the music that you listen to in those situations from my mother.
Speaker 3: Did anybody ever in Nashville when you started to have more of a beach down and go, hey, that's not really what we're doing here.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a few people. Yeah, But I'd made I had made the decision that I was going to take my life that I was living very authentically and and you know that's why. You know, the name of this book is Heart Life Music, and it kind of goes to what you're saying is because I took what was in my heart, lived my life like that, and I had music to connect all the dots. And once I started to take what was in my heart and my life experiences at the time, and it it found its way into my songwriting, it found its way into the studio and then on my records and then on the road. And that's when my life really changed. When I stopped trying to be this model, this thing that everybody in town was trying to be. And there was a lot of people doing that because it was successful. You know, I was one of those acts that was doing just about anything you could do to get your song on the radio or get noticed or whatever. But it was in this specific model. And once I stopped doing that is when my life changed.
Speaker 3: Can you talk about and hopefully so because I'm so interested in George Jones, Tamy Wynette. They do the reunion tour and even watching like the docuseries or the I Guess I was on the docu series. It was the fictional recreation. Yeah, Josh Brolin, it was awesome. It was awesome, But you were a part of that. I know, I really was.
Speaker 8: I just got to town and I was I had a record deal, but nobody knew I had a record deal and I had a few songs out, and it was to get that call was pretty unbelievable that first of all, the fact that they did it was unbelievable. But George Jones and Timmy Wynett did a reunion tour and they asked me to open the show and it was great for me, but most people in the audience thought that I could have been just the local house band that they got to do it. I mean, they did not know the difference. But to me and my band, it was really a fun experience. And it's where my relationship and friendship with George Jones started because after the second weekend, Nancy, his wife, asked me if I wanted to fly back with them to Nashville. And I haven't even seen a private jet, much less ride on one. So that was an unbelievable experience, and George and I became really good friends after that.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite songs in all of country music is You and Great Potter Love It. I've told you that before. He's literally one of my favorite songs ever of my whole life.
Speaker 5: That song in her Like. How did that come together?
Speaker 8: I had the song already recorded. Matteresa Berg and Dina Carter sent me the song, but it was I think it's either Dina or Matreesa singing the song. I said, I really wish I had a male version of it. And there was a guy named Tim Krackle that actually did a demo of that song that was friends with Mattersa. And I was driving up the Pacific Coast Highway and I heard that version. I went, oh my god, I said, this is it. I said, I'm gonna I'm gonna record this song, but I have to have the perfect voice to do it. And I didn't know who that was yet. And I was at my house in the Virgin Islands and at night, there's no light pollution from any big city. It's just when it's clear, it's endless stars. And I'd had a little bit of too much of Grandpa's cough medicine that night, and I was laying out looking up at the stars and that song came on like on a shuffle on my on my iTunes, right, and I just sat there and listened to it, and I went, Okay, I have to find the right voice. The next song was a song by Grace Potter called Apologies, and I went, that's the song.
Speaker 5: That's how that's how it happened.
Speaker 8: That's how it happened. I hadn't even met Grace yet, and so I found her. She was in Europe on a European tour. I sent her my recording of it, right, because I had the song cut for a little while but didn't in mix, but didn't have the voice, And so I sent her the version of it that I had recorded, and she had landed. She was just got back from a European tour. She was in one of those car rental vans that everybody gets into to go to the rental company, you know, to rent your car. And she put on her headphones and heard it, and she goes, I'm gonna do it because all she ever knew of Kenny Chesney and Burlington, Vermont was she thanks my tractor sexy. So she's getting this this song for me and going, Okay, this could be really weird, right, And she heard it and two days later she was in Nashville. She came exhausted from the tour, and we put our vocals, our final vocals on you in Tequila, And that was on my birthday. And that night, after we left the studio, we went to a restaurant that's no longer here called Sunset Grille, and we sat out in the car and just talked and went, you know what, We're going to be life friends. And that's that's what happened.
Speaker 3: Did you feel that song was special because there's a lot of things that can happen to a song after you cut it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we hoped, you know, we knew it was very organic, and I felt like it was. It was. I related to it a lot, and I felt like a lot of other people could too. But it was just I don't know. And it was one of the first songs that I ever had, and having Grace on it proved it that it was genreless in a way. Like a lot of her fans are going, you know, a lot of my fans were going, Okay, who question Mark, and a lot of her fans were going, why question Mark, you know, but once they heard it, it all made sense, right, So I don't know. It just goes to show you that we all, we all grew up very differently, no matter how we grew up, and we have different religious beliefs, political beliefs or whatever it is, but we all sing, you know, eventually sing the same notes.
Speaker 3: Inside the book, there's a lot of good pictures. Did you have to like go and dig up old pictures?
Speaker 8: Yes, I spent Did you do an audiobook?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's miserable.
Speaker 8: The audiobook was the one of the most unpleasant things I've ever done in my life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I also had to.
Speaker 3: Listening to everything that they're on with you. You need to missay the word uh yeah, weasel again, Yeah, and back up, it's not grammatically correct or you need.
Speaker 8: It took like I was in there for like, I don't know, a week and a half. I think there's forty something chapters in this book. After a week and a half, I was on chapter four. Oh wow, I was like, I just yeah, it was hard.
Speaker 7: So run chapter four. Somebody else started run.
Speaker 8: No, I did it because I realized that you know so many people wanted to hear my voice doing it, Like I couldn't write a book, and then I could. I could hire Bobby to do my book or James Earl Jones. Right, somebody wants to hear that. So I had to do it, and it took a good I don't know, it took a month. Yea, it's long for me to do that. So I was curious if you did your Yeah.
Speaker 3: I did both, and they were both like because I would do the show for five hours and into another studio and I could do like two before I started to lose my voice. So yeah, it took like three weeks. And there's somebody, a little some little person that's annoying just sit there going and then I do that again and I'm like, I'm a professional talker, like that's.
Speaker 8: Right, And they said, oh, there are only other side of the of the window, and they're going, I just feel like it got a better win in you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or that's not really how I think you would say it, And I'm like, I wrote it, I know how I would say it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a part that's kind of yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was really strange, but they just felt they just I don't know they I guess those people, and you know, I really appreciated them, but they do so many and they it's almost a mixture of Okay, we're going to take all these and this is this way that should be done.
Speaker 3: There was a picture of you and Bobby Bowden in the book, which thought was cool. Yes, and it said I think it was two thousand and two and you went to maybe springball or one of the.
Speaker 8: Heat that before that. Let's see what was around November.
Speaker 3: He's a Florida State coach. By they former Florida State.
Speaker 8: Yeah, former Florida State coach and like a legend in college football. Bobby Bowden was a coach at Florida State for a long time. A couple of months earlier, I played Florida State's basketball arena and I went, wow, I want to meet Bobby Bouden. You know, I was just I felt like I want to meet everybody at that time, you know, when your life changing and you just you feel like they might want to meet you. And it was true. And Bobby said, come on over, and I went over to his office at the stadium and I sat down on a couch. It was me and my roal manager David Farmer, Uncle Crocker went with me and there was set Bobby Bowden and he talked to me like I don't know, it felt like a Baptist preacher almost in a way. It was crazy. And there was a guy that played football there. His name was Chris Wink and Chris Winky was kind of famous for being like old. He was like, yes, like he played in a bowl game and he was like twenty seven and he's like I told Coach Bowden that I wanted to break Winky's record of being the oldest player that played for Florida State. About a month later, his assistant called me and said, Coach Bowden has invited you to participate, not come to, but participate in spring practice.
Speaker 5: Oh that's funny.
Speaker 8: And I went, oh, wow, this is going to be great.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 8: So I got my dad, who's you know. My dad was a coach and it was something that he and I could do together. And I remember, you know, they they gave me a locker, you know, with with with the team, and I went out there and did all the drills. I mean I went and did all the meetings with all the players and when it come time to scrimmage. They had a like their spring game or spring practice, you know, before the spring game, and I was itching to get in and at the end of the game.
Speaker 5: You wanted to get into the game in a.
Speaker 8: Practice, in a scrimmage, and Coach Bowden promised me he'd put me in and finally wide receiver, and finally at the at the very end, they were going to let me go and do a couple of plays. And Coach Bowden had it like these big boys in a bullhorn. You talk, you talk through. And the only thing he said, like to the whole team, he goes, don't hint Chesney.
Speaker 7: That's what I was worried about.
Speaker 8: He goes, don't hit him.
Speaker 7: So you're going to get tackled.
Speaker 8: Oh no, but like it's smash you watch on TV and you go, oh yeah, I could do that, and you get on. I'll get on the field and see how big and fast these guys are. Okay, thank you, Coach Balden. Thanks for telling them not to hit me, because they would kill me.
Speaker 3: The book is Heart Life Music. It's Kenny's book. My final question is why do a book?
Speaker 8: Well, like I said, I just felt like it was it was time to do it, you know, but you're not dying. No, I don't know. Okay, but I'm not saying this is my last book.
Speaker 5: Well I don't know. Yes, I don't know. Okay, we never know.
Speaker 8: But no, I just felt like that so many people have been a part of this and I wanted to honor them, and I wanted to honor this journey and just everybody that's been a part of it. I, like I said, a lot of people. You know. One of the things that's been crazy is that I have become friends with a lot of heroes. And I never saw that coming, you know, being a kid from me Tennessee, that I would get to know and be friends with Adie Van Halen, Sammy Hagar, George Jones, George Straight, Joe Walsh, so many people, Steve Miller. Every day I went to school, I had the Steve Miller Band's Greatest Hits, and I was playing the Joker and I was all these songs that were such a part of my childhood and I got to know and collaborate with that person. So a lot of those stories are in this book.
Speaker 3: Final Final, Final question, What song do you play?
Speaker 5: The show?
Speaker 3: And within the first couple of notes, the freaking fans explode the loudest.
Speaker 8: American kids and we go.
Speaker 3: We don't say anything, it says, you know, that's the trick would be to never say anything and just playcho like for like five minutes.
Speaker 8: Are ready.
Speaker 3: The book is part life and music from Kenny Chesney. I hope you guys check it out. It really is great. And the sphere back next June.
Speaker 8: Next June. I saw, yeah, so it's be fun. You're welcome to come, Bobby.
Speaker 3: I know, here's what I feel, be vulnerable with you here because I know you know, I like you, and we're in a scenario we've done some stuff together over the years, and I'm like, you know, Kenny's all friendly and stuff to me when we're like professional. But if I go on like he sho, I want to be in the way, he doesn't want me there. You want to be in the way.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: This is my feeling, and it's like.
Speaker 5: Like I want to go.
Speaker 8: I guess you think I won't be nice to you out of this scenario. Possibly, No, that's not true. Possibly, so are welcome. I know see, And that's too.
Speaker 3: You don't even know them and you just invite them, sobody point.
Speaker 8: Bobby Bones Show from the sphere. What gets better than that? I love smart, Thank you, this whole area inside, we could do the Bobby.
Speaker 5: This set this all up.
Speaker 8: We set it all up.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, I think I'm back out. Yeah yeah, all right?
Speaker 8: Can you would be greatest to do it outside as the song comes up, you know, and you got the sphere and he's already getting rid of us.
Speaker 5: This is how it works with these famous people.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Next thing you know, we're in the middle of the desert, you know, as they're driving in they see you.
Speaker 12: Do the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, be great, Kenny Chesney Heart live music. Can you get to see you buddy? Thanks for having me, guys.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 5: That wraps it up for me this weekend.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for hanging out and listening to best bits and catching up on the Bobby Bone Show. If you want to check something out Part one, Part three this weekend is with Amy. If you want something completely different, I have my podcast called Take This Personally with who you guys may remember as Morgan number one and the whole reason I was ever Morgan number two. She joins me and we talk pop culture and things happening in our lives right now. So take this personally wherever you get your podcast, and also subscribe to The Bobby Bone Show on.
Speaker 4: YouTube at Bobby Bone Show and follow.
Speaker 2: Us on social media everywhere you can find us.
Speaker 1: That's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 7: Show and follow ed web girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.