Speaker 1: Start Up, dot Up, start Up, Brooklyn Boy, Start Up, Brooklyn Boys, start up, dot Up. They making noise dot Up, start Up, dot.
Speaker 2: Up, Episode three oh three, the Brooklyn Boys Podcast.
Speaker 3: Say it the same photo backwards. I love it.
Speaker 2: It's a palindrome, absolutely, And yet the word palindrome isn't a palindrome. Isn't that wild? It's like the word phonetically is not spelled with an F. That's crazy because I have a Sonos system and Sonos is a palindrome.
Speaker 3: S O n O. If that's I don't know how that's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's no, but it's not. It's not only a palindrome backwards and forwards. It's the same thing upside down. You turn the word Sono's upside down, it reads so nos. You can't. You can't invert it, flip it, smack it up, flip it, rub it down. Oh that's amazing. S O n O.
Speaker 3: S isn't that wild?
Speaker 2: And I think you and I got our Sonos systems from for the same way?
Speaker 3: Yeah we did so so yeah, so so why does it?
Speaker 2: Why isn't the word for that sonos and that paladine and not palo? You think you think when a word has spelled the same forwards and backwards. Well, because sons isn't a word, it's the name of a brand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but who created the word palindrome? For palindrome? Why not? Why wasn't it called sons? Agreed?
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I said. Why isn't phonetically spelled with an F? Phonetically it means to spell it the way it's exactly, and phonetically is not spelled the way it sounds. I mean it's based on the word phonics. I get it. Yeah, And please don't start with the drive on a parkway, park on a driveway thing, because that's explainable, right, all right, Well we're talking about letters and sounds. I could have been in a whole heap of hot water today, Brody, I you and hot water? How could that be? What did you do?
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 2: I'm on the radio today. You know our boy Greg t the Jersey kid, of course. Yeah, so he was posted he's posts off to do a new Jersey Now, yeh, that's big thing.
Speaker 3: I'm casually scrolling through his through my feed, my Instagram feed, and all of a sudden, his daughter Jada in a bikini, pops up on my Instagram.
Speaker 2: Like a consecutive like three, you know, three pictures like like kind of like you know, like a slide show. Would you follow? You follow her account or he's posting them? No, we follow each other. No, it's it's her. Now you follow his daughter? Yeah, her daughter follows me. But but that's besides the point. This is the bigger problem.
Speaker 3: Here is this.
Speaker 2: Okay, what you didn't like the picture, that's the thing. I did not like it. Here's here's the here's the problem. I know I know Jada since before she was born. Well that's yes, we all do. And so she's thirst trapping on a beach somewhere. These aren't just like, oh hi, it's me on a beach. It's her, Like, yeah, she's posing, she's eighteen. But then the thing is this, I can't like the picture of Rody. How am I gonna like her pictures? I did everything I could to stop my because I'm a I'm a scroll, I'm a scroll, and like her, I go scroll like like like like like you know, I'm a like.
Speaker 3: A like a like a like a.
Speaker 2: I just can't go up the because I like to just give everybody love. I'm like whoa you know, It's like, you know, the cartoon with the brakes. Oh yeah, thank god, I.
Speaker 3: Didn't like it.
Speaker 2: But the weird part is, am I crazy for not liking it? Am I am? I? Is it all in my head? Because I'm thinking perception is reality? If I go, if I liked God forbid, I like that picture, what would people think that are watching that seeing that picture?
Speaker 3: It'll be liked by Scury Jones and others. But you can't. You can't.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at the pictures now. You know what's funny. I'm not gonna say her name. Obviously you didn't say her name, did you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she there's somebody else with her name on Instagram because it happens and we have mutual friends following the other person by mistake.
Speaker 4: Oh but anyway, Yeah, I'm looking at these pictures. Dude, she's a pretty girl. Yeah, but you can't like them. No, you can't know.
Speaker 3: No, this would be this would be crazier if you actually like them.
Speaker 2: The weird part of this to me is I she's I think it's weird you're following her. I think you need to unfollow her. Okay, that's gonna make it even more awkward. That was my next question.
Speaker 3: Dude, She's not going to know you unfollowed unless yes, Come on.
Speaker 2: Dude, everybody knows. She's gonna be like, why is uncle scary unfollowing me? She's going to tell her to ask her dad, why is.
Speaker 3: Uncle scary following them?
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, she has a she has well over a thousand followers. She would notice she probably has one of those programs everyone does. All the kids, do they know if you wouldn't follow them or not? All the kids?
Speaker 3: That was me. I used to do that. Yeah, you used to do that. All the adults. Oh, the brodies you do that? You you? You?
Speaker 2: You should be following her anymore. Dude, she's like seventeen years old. Same thing happened with Scotty's daughter Ashley. She's posting stuff all over the place at the.
Speaker 3: Beach, so you gotta I have to go out of my way.
Speaker 2: No. The thing is, I've liked her pictures before that were just regular, wholesome, no wholesome family fun pictures. Hold on a second. Hold on, Okay, if what's the reason you follow? What's the reason you follow a celebrity on Instagram? What's the reason you follow anyone? You follow?
Speaker 3: What's the reason.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't have a reason.
Speaker 2: You want entertainment. Why does anyone follow anyone on Instagram? It's a great question.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You follow them to see their content, right, You follow to see their lives. You follow to see what they're up to. Here's the problem, though, But no, no, no, no, you can't. I can't back out of this parking space.
Speaker 3: Though it's too late.
Speaker 2: You can't her.
Speaker 4: You have to like scott Okay, you have to tell brag you don't feel comfortable.
Speaker 2: In the case of Scottie Bee and his and his daughter's Okay, if if it's him with his daughter in the picture, sure I'll like it because it's safe.
Speaker 3: You his account. You shouldn't be on her await is she?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: On his account?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: You should not be following?
Speaker 2: All right? Okay, so a while ago he posted his daughter. Find out you're following my kids accounts, I'd be upset.
Speaker 3: I'm not. Don't worry about it. I'm not trust me.
Speaker 2: Uh but but whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 3: They're not attractive enough to follow? Is that what you're saying? My kids are gorgeous?
Speaker 2: Okay? Wait a second, you're trying to trap me in both ways. I can't win. So now, so now, if I don't follow your daughter's right, if I don't follow your daughters, you're you're offended.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm offended.
Speaker 2: If you because you don't think that they're attracted to follows, I'll be pissed off at you. You'll be offended, So I can't win.
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 2: A few weeks ago, great daughters are of age now, Greg t posted one of my other buddy, Jason posted his daughter at dance dance recitals or something, and I all, fine, No, she's like sevent Okay, dude, once they get into bikini age, you got to stop that. And then i'm I didn't. I didn't don't get off. No, no, don't get off. You need to unfollow. No, I didn't follow. I didn't like the pictures, or I did like it because we're on his account, But don I'm like, are you giving me permission to like it? Because you're posting these like now, it's weird. So if the dad or mom posts the pictures of the kids at their dance were silent, it's just bizarre. I just I'm I'm more about how people are gonna view me. I don't want you people thinking of me as oh pervy, scary like that picture.
Speaker 3: I let me ask you a question. Ask your question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have a scroll through instant stories or Instagram pictures without looking at who's posting.
Speaker 3: You're just looking at the pictures and the pictures all the time.
Speaker 4: Let's say now you follow a lot of women, few friends, co workers, people.
Speaker 2: Just whatever. I mean, I follow listeners, listeners follow me back.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just let let's say Sabrina carpenters at the beach ye and she posts like bikini shot, Like what like? Okay, hold on, Sabrina Carpin, I will like it from the neck down, puts up a bikini picture. It's attractive girl. She's old enough to like, oh hold on, stop talking. And you're like, oh, that girl's got a nice chest. You're a very pretty BIQUI oh she oh a nice picture, right, and you like it yeah, And then then you look at the name right and you go, oh crap, it's great T's daughter. Well do they get a notification if if you liked it and then you unlike it, and then they see the like.
Speaker 3: Is not theation goes that's right.
Speaker 2: Okay, But then my point is, for a split second, you could see a girl in a bikini, think it might be someone that it's cool to look at, but it's actually Greggd's daughter, and you have to go, oh fuck, that's what happened in this case. Oh okay, that's my point.
Speaker 4: You need to unfollow right away because one of these times is gonna go what a nice ass?
Speaker 3: Oh shit. But some people say that you admit it.
Speaker 4: You have you have accounts on Instagram, you Google, you have Google accounts.
Speaker 3: Madison Beer.
Speaker 2: Who Madison Beer, Madison Beer. Okay, so Madison Beer's bent over at the beach. You're like Madison. You look up and it's great To's daughter. No, no, that can't happen. Of course.
Speaker 3: I'll give you a for instance. I'll give you for instance.
Speaker 2: Last night I was scrolling Instagram stories, uh, and I came across.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, your tap tap tap to you see when you like. Yeah, so I'm I'm.
Speaker 4: Tap tap tapping, and I'm like people I like, but I don't care for this. I don't care what they ate about.
Speaker 2: And I see a video and it's it's about a bird that's following a cat and every time the cat stops to turn around, the bird turns like, I'm not following you. It's hilarious. Only one of my friends would ever post that. And I looked up and yep, it was Bethany from our show. Right, Okay, I but I but my point is I enjoyed the video before I looked up and noticed it was Bethany.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, you are going to enjoy a mid drift.
Speaker 4: You are gonna enjoy a bikini line, a tan line, a thong. Stop it, and you're gonna go, oh look at oh fuck you have.
Speaker 3: If she's gonna be posting.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the fact that you called her pictures at the beach in a normal bathing suit.
Speaker 3: You said she's posting thirst traps, Well that's what.
Speaker 2: The fact the fact that you now talk about great T's daughter and pictures of her thirst traps you need to unfollow her. Yeah, I mean, but that was just an observations she posted, Like, there's no other reasons she's doing that. I'm like, because I know people with the method behind the madness people.
Speaker 3: Hold on guys have never posted pictures them at the beach just because guys post thirst traps all the time.
Speaker 4: Dude, She's like six seventeen years old with a cute, adorable smile on her face, going look at me.
Speaker 2: I'm at the beach.
Speaker 3: Stop it boobs up. No option issue is yeah?
Speaker 2: I like that. You know that right off the top of your head, you're on her. Well, I'm just saying, I'm just I don't know what to do. This is a really okay rough spot because minute, by the way, hold on, I'm more.
Speaker 3: You gotta get up more and more of my friend.
Speaker 2: I'm at the age now where my friend's daughters are becoming of age.
Speaker 3: They're turning eighteen and going to college.
Speaker 2: And these are just innocent accounts that you knew as a kid, and now they're growing up and and it's like.
Speaker 4: You gotta you gotta pull the rip cord. You gotta ta you gotta tag out.
Speaker 3: Well, So then I guess the question, the ultimate question is I guess you already answered it. But my question is am I?
Speaker 2: And I asked us on the radio this morning to my coworkers, I mean, am I crazy? Am I overthinking it? That if God forbid I liked it? Or if I should have if I liked it? Because she's looking for likes, is would people look at me, look at me like I'm a pervy, creepy guy more so than they do now, yes, And what was the consensus this morning?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that Danielle.
Speaker 2: Danielle was like, yeah, well, I'm just analyzing who liked it, and it's basically all her girlfriends. And if it's like you're just all her girlfriends and oh uncle Funkle scary, well yeah, because don't forget you're you're, you're you and I are both blue check marks on Instagram, right right, so our ship pops up more. Yeah, So if you like it, it's gonna be like, oh, like by Scary Jones and eleven hundred others, right or whatever your name is gonna be first.
Speaker 3: You gotta get out of that. You gotta unfollow follow.
Speaker 2: She reached an age where you need to unfollow when she was when she was eight, she was putting drawings on the refrigerator like, oh look, look, dude, I'm gonna support Greg D's daughter. She's no longer Gregg's daughters. Now I know, I know, And this is the this is the first time this is happening. And with Scotty Bee's daughter, this has happened a couple of times too with my buddy, my other buddy, Jason's daughter, Like these.
Speaker 3: These girls, and again, are you following Jason's daughter?
Speaker 2: Because dude, I followed them from from ute with kids?
Speaker 3: Why would you follow? Why would you want to look at pictures?
Speaker 2: Because they follow No, because they follow me and they follow you. They expect me to somebody on Twitter yesterday was like someone on Twitter followed me yesterday.
Speaker 3: You know, hey, I followed you. Can I get a follow back?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 3: No, I'm somebody job to follow you. They follow people. You want to see pictures to me? Listen to me.
Speaker 2: It's bragging rights for them. It's a cool factor. It's like, oh, so you want to be the cool guy. I got Scary Jones following me?
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: You think she tells anybody her father's greg t You think she needs to tell people that she got Scary Jones to follow her.
Speaker 2: They think it's cool, The kids love it.
Speaker 3: It's you think that's what she was thinking of those pictures on the beach.
Speaker 2: And I can't believe you're making me rethink Instagram now and this is and TikTok, like you know, people can go look at you follow list right right? So you want them to like, look.
Speaker 4: At your follow list and see that you're following Uh, little girls in bikinis.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it wasn't meant to be that. I want to know what the slices think. Leave a talk back on this. Am I crazy years? Brodie nuts and my.
Speaker 3: Hearing father of a teenage girl?
Speaker 2: Is it wrong?
Speaker 3: And it would be more wrong if it was your daughter? But now talk back? Yes?
Speaker 2: And is it too late for me to unfollow her because she's gonna get offended now that I'm gonna if I'm right to apologize, all right, I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: There's one republic I'm gonna. I'm gonna go follow your daughters on Instagram right now. I'll kill you.
Speaker 2: With sar and Brody. Dude, I can't even follow my kids. They all have private accounts, so don't even Okay, don't even bother looking.
Speaker 3: They know better, they know better. Yeah, I'm I am something else? I am? Hey, am I going to see you later today? Brody?
Speaker 2: Uh? I don't think so well. Our friend Iz is celebrating a birthday today.
Speaker 3: Have your birthday?
Speaker 4: I naz, Oh, yeah you told me so, I'm going to be in your neighborhood tonight, but I will not.
Speaker 3: I don't think i'll be seeing you. What time is the party starting? Five o'clock? Yeah, I gotta uh, I have to.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing my daughter, who lives not far from you, my oldest tonight, uh, for coffee and stuff.
Speaker 3: So I want to not be at the party. I'm not gonna bail on my daughter.
Speaker 2: Also, I have to confirm with her that her private account as private on social media.
Speaker 3: I just gave you some homework. That's not a bed. No, I know.
Speaker 2: I know that private. They're all private. I raised them that way because of the job I used to have.
Speaker 3: Right ah. By the way, I have a phone.
Speaker 2: Call today with a guy who's very big in radio, very long time radio person who used to work with us, doesn't work with it anymore. But I knew him before he worked at iHeartRadio, and he was instrumental in pushing me to get into radio and to quitting my job and starting at ZE one hundred for no money.
Speaker 3: And I haven't spoken to in a while. I have a phone call with him today. I'm very excited. I'm just throwing that out there. I reached out to him I'm like, wait, what's going on? He said, Oh, we should can't catch up. So I haven't spoken to him in like ten years.
Speaker 4: All right, But the man whose fault it is that we have this podcast?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: I want to I want to talk to you about animals or living creatures that aren't people.
Speaker 2: Right, No, I want to get your opinion, bees or squirrels. I'll let you decide which I go first with. Bees Are bees?
Speaker 3: Bees? Okay?
Speaker 2: So when I had a house throughout the year, you would have different bug problems. You know, we would have a hornet's nest in the soffitt outside the house, we would have a wasp nest. Yellow jackets would be living in the ground. You'd have to get the exterminated to come spray them, you know, spray the nest, spray in the holes in the ground. And forgive me if I got which bug wrong. But some of the yellow and black flying bugs that look like bees, some of them live in the ground, some of them living like crevices outside and occasionally they would get in the house, so you'd have to spray to kill them.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So you'd think that's what people would when they see large amounts of bugs what would you do scary bees, hornets, yellow jackets, wasps? Kill them if you saw them, kill them? Right, So a threat to me, and it's gonna st me. Right, you're done, I'm sorry. So I'm in a Facebook group in one of the towns I used to live in, and somebody says, I'm having uh, there's a large amount of it doesn't matter, let's just say bees. Okay, we'll call them bees. A large amount of bees in my backyard, and it's they seem to be breeding.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of bees. What should I do? You know?
Speaker 2: So somebody writes, well, you know it's really hot out this time of year, you should put out a bowl of water for them, because there's probably no water sources in our area for them to drink out of. And this soud goes, oh, that's a great idea. You don't want them to dehydrate, And at that point I'm thinking, yeah, I fucking do exactly, Yes, I want them to dehydrate. I want them dead so I don't have to pay an exterminator to come kill them. I don't want them when I had a house, I don't want them all around my pool, sting in me, sting in my kids.
Speaker 3: I want them gone.
Speaker 2: Stinging you sting in me?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Sweet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, lo jagget Okay.
Speaker 2: So then somebody says, if you put out a bowl of water, that's great, but if you put rocks in the bowl of water that are higher than the level of water, it will allow the.
Speaker 4: Bees to have someplace to land so that they can safely drink the water.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm glad that we're looking after them. At this point, I'm screaming, what the fuck?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: What? What are you making bees like cats and dogs for? You know, you should put a bed out for the bees to sleep in. To fuck out of here. I want the bees off my property. And you are cultivating a fucking spy resort for the bees.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: You know it's a bees world and you're just living in it.
Speaker 3: This is their world.
Speaker 2: So the first person is like, yeah, no, I want to get rid of the bees. They're like, no, they're natures. Their natures create. Sure, we need them for honey into polliniz.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's what I was going to say.
Speaker 2: You know, my respect, honey in my backyard either it's sticky. The problem is people are going to give you hell for something like a bee, because if you if you google all the benefits of having bees and yellow jackets and and and bugs of that nature on earth. It's part of the ecosystem, it's part of the circle of life.
Speaker 3: They all have a.
Speaker 2: Benefit and if if you were to wipe them out, things would be off kilter, and then other bad shit would happen, and it will be a domino effect of awfulness. So so you hold on, wait, wait, hold on, wait, Okay.
Speaker 3: However, if this conversation was about.
Speaker 2: Mosquitoes or rats or things that are looked upon as vermin or awful roaches and water bugs, then they wouldn't be trying to create a safe haye for them.
Speaker 3: They would be like, yeah, fucking kill them.
Speaker 2: But with bees, people are gonna they're gonna give you some pushback. And I could understand their little community there of why they're trying to protect them, because they feel they do more good than harm. And so you're the one. You're the problem. It's you, David Brody. So you think you think people are looking to save them? Yeah, because they Okay, okay, so hold on right, First of all, if you kill a couple hundred bees in your backyard.
Speaker 4: You're not throwing off the ecosystem of the state of New Jersey. I think you're okay, right.
Speaker 2: Second, of all these same people, now, I don't know if it's the same people.
Speaker 4: I didn't match up names. Another person posted and said they're having a problem with squirrels. Squirrels.
Speaker 3: What do I do? Sorry, squirrels, No, not squirrels.
Speaker 2: Squirrels. No, not squirrels. They're not squirrels. It's a squirrel. It's they're not squirrel, they're square. It's two syllables, squirrels. Okay, it is it's not it's not squirrel. No, it's squirrel. It's all squirrel, but squirrel. No, it's not a squirrel. It's not astro from the Jetsons.
Speaker 3: Okay. I've always had trouble with that word squirrel.
Speaker 4: Squirrel. Continue, it's too much. Are in your squirrel? It's too much. Anyway, Now, squirrels serve a part of the ecosystem. They clean up the acorns, and they whatever squirrels do, they do so. Another person a few days later posts, Hey, I'm having a problem with squirrels. They're getting in my attic. Uh, they're on my you know, they're on my trees. They a couple of them landed in my pool.
Speaker 2: What do I do about my squirrel problem? So somebody said, well, you can put out squirrel traps and then when you catch them, you get a bucket of water and you drown them in the bucket of water.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I said, so I'm like, what, wait a minute, they say people are to save in the bees. They want this woman to drown a squirrel. So so so it gets worse. So I chime in, because haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?
Speaker 3: Pauls. I was waiting. I was waiting panic.
Speaker 4: So I I I add my two cents and I say, you know, when I lived in that town, I hired this exterminator and they trapped the squirrels in a in a safe cage, and they took them to a park.
Speaker 2: In another town. No, they were they were released. They released in another town. Right, Okay, Now that seems like a human thing to do. So whenever we had a squirrel problem, we were putting an addition on our house. The roof was left somewhat open, so squirrels were getting into the attic right because we had we had added put an edition on that's my favorite book.
Speaker 3: Growing up Squirrels in.
Speaker 2: At absolutely so.
Speaker 3: So we we had like two or three squirrels a week.
Speaker 2: So the guy would come from the past control company and he would trap put traps in the in the attic, and when they got caught, he would take them and release them in a park u you know, in another town. Yeah, okay, so they wouldn't come back to my house. Here's the problem. And some of you slices are yelling at your phones right now or your radios or whatever you're listening on. A bunch of people then attacked me and said, what are you a twelve year old?
Speaker 3: Kids?
Speaker 2: It's illegal to release squirrels in other towns. They're killing them and they just don't want to tell you. Scary Wow, my past control company was killing these squirrels and I thought they were just releasing him into the.
Speaker 3: Why you really thought that they were doing that? Apparently it's like the dog is going to live on a farm story.
Speaker 2: You tell people right, well, when you bring dogs and cats to a shelter, nonchways, and most of them, a lot of them are will eventually euthanize and kill them. That's why I say, unless it says unless it says no kill shelter. Okay, but but they don't when you don't when you give a dog to a shelter, they don't say, we're definitely gonna put this dog on a farm somewhere. They told me we're bringing the squirrels. No, you know me, I'm not gullible. I don't normally fall for this to the happy Home. But I looked it up. But they don't.
Speaker 3: They don't release squirrels in other towns.
Speaker 2: They killed them, but they kill them. These squirrels died because they happened to wander into my house with an open roof. You know, but say they must save the bees, save the bees my family.
Speaker 4: If yeah, if my family knew that when we had squirrels in the house, they were killing the squirrels, we would have been living with squirrels in the attic. Yeah, we would not have had them killed, which I guess in retrospect is Okay, we got rid of the squirrels.
Speaker 2: But I feel bad for the squirrels. Yet I don't feel bad for the bees. Is that because they're cuter and if squirrels had tails like mice, they'd be mice and you'd be like, fuck them. I mean, squirrels are just hairy, fluffy looking rats. Yeah, like like to me, like all rats, rats, All rats must die. In my opinion, what's one of my favorite thresh metal songs? If it looks like if it's a little mousey thing, you know, I don't know, you want to kill a mouse too?
Speaker 3: Would you kill to kill? But he's the thing.
Speaker 2: I want the bees dead. I don't want the squirrels dead. And yet the people in the town I live with want to be They used to live. They want the bees alive and the squirrel's dead. They have no problem with You know, this mirrors real life. It's it's the same way we regard hot people versus ugly people. Right, because while you're referring to Greg T's daughter roaches, now I'm talking about like roaches and water bugs, vermin rats, ugly disgusting but separated dugs.
Speaker 4: Bugs people like, oh, let it crawl on my head, look out cute. It's yes, it's still a fucking bug.
Speaker 2: It's cute.
Speaker 3: You don't kill lady bugs, you don't kill butterflies.
Speaker 2: And if you put if you put wings, ugly wings on a water bug, right or or ugly wings on a caterpillar, you'd be like, oh, that's gross. You put pretty wings on a on a thing and you call it a butterfly. Butterfly, it's a butterfly you put. But if you put like devil wings on a roach, you'll be running for your life. You know what? You know what?
Speaker 3: Let the caterpillar live, but kill the slug. Kill the worm? Why don't kill the slug? Where's are going kill the worm? What I bring with?
Speaker 2: It's all subjective, everybody. This is no different than your town Facebook page, which you know trying. But except for the fact that they think bees provide a service to nature. I don't know what. What doesn't a drown a squirrel? But what does squirrels? What do they provide?
Speaker 3: Squirrel? What do squirrels provide for us?
Speaker 2: They clean up the acorns in your backyard. Oh so you got that's free labor pretty much. But what are they easing for the environment because the acorns can be sitting there? They don't The acorns aren't really you want me to google it. But the acorns if they sat there, who gives a ship? Don't they become part of like the earth? Isn't there like, don't they self recycle somehow if they fall on the floor in the grass.
Speaker 4: Squirrels are an important member of the forest ecosystem and can help sustain and expand plant communities because they do seed and spore dispersal. Ah, they bury nuts and seeds in the soil, which then grow into trees because they often forget where they are, so you're you're also trees yea even and they forget where they plant it, so they become trees.
Speaker 2: So you're a fucking our ecosystem by killing these squirrels. But not no, unbeknownst to you. Okay, I'm sure there's some women in the Midwest that grew up on farms that could do this, And I don't mean that in a bad way. But I don't think the average thirty five forty year old woman living in New Jersey is going to take a squirrel and drown it in a bucket of water.
Speaker 3: No, because this guy suggested it. Now, that is brutal.
Speaker 4: That is, although I feel like we have a couple of listeners who might be able to do that, Like I think that the Bronx and Brooklyn, Yeah, you might be able to do it. I think I think as be able to do it, but most of our listeners. I don't think Jimmie from Queens would drown a squirrel.
Speaker 3: I want to hear.
Speaker 2: I want to hear some talkbacks on that on where do where do you draw the drown a squirrel? Now?
Speaker 3: Where do you draw the line?
Speaker 2: MJ? Is it dead?
Speaker 3: I think it's dead. I'm not sure if it's dead. Is it dead?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if it's dead. So kill the bees, which I don't think you should. I think you should keep the bees. I think I let I want to give them a rock garden to playing well, I wouldn't. I wouldn't promote their hir ability.
Speaker 3: I mean people build bird houses for birds. What do they call those things?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Uh, when you put it in a pool, it's it's called oh, it's like there's a word for it. It's an it's like an element, but you put it in put whatever. Anyway, it should build one for them, like a waterfall, but like a whole, like a cabana system but like.
Speaker 3: Cool off and nasty creatures also share those houses with those birds and things.
Speaker 4: A feature that's a feature feature? Yeah, yeah, okay the bees and not fuck this?
Speaker 2: Ohs podcast, We will be right bad. You're a very feisty man, David Brody. Well, when it comes to animals, yes, I have a dog story for you later, story about about seeing eye dogs, which is gonna freak you out. So somehow I got into a conversation with the people on The Big Show about.
Speaker 3: About people's the Neig Show doing. By the way, the Strand Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Great. Elvis just celebrated his sixtieth birthday, right, yep, Actually it's Monday, Monday's and sixties.
Speaker 4: It's I know when his birthdays. And yeah, party everybody everyone was there.
Speaker 3: Look good.
Speaker 2: There was a big surprise party for him. Uh, we surprised him last weekend.
Speaker 3: That was kind of cool. A lot of people were there. Look look like a fun, fun party.
Speaker 2: And uh we got into a conversation about the rating system and rating people dating.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, for whatever reason, people have to take exception to everything I say. And I don't know if it's by design or maybe I'm crazy.
Speaker 4: But because people don't speak in the language that people used to speak, and you still speak.
Speaker 3: That way I speak Brooklyn Eese.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and most people speak that way in private amongst their friends, but in public you can't. You can't say that girls a seven anymore, well, because you're objectifying and rating a war.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, okay, so that's where the fund comes in. Right, It's about dating up versus dating down, and using the number system in context with it.
Speaker 3: Here's here's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Conversation that that morning show has had seventeen times. Well, yeah, but it's a little different these days. Right, So if I'm gonna I'm gonna start with with me, okay, because it's probably easier to describe it this way. If I'm a five or six, Okay, let's just say I'm a five or six in the looks department, but I have no baggage, like, no kids, I've never been divorced, and I have a very good job with some perks.
Speaker 3: My number might go up, right, My number might go up to somebody of course, yeah yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Other people.
Speaker 3: So it's like a lever.
Speaker 2: You know, your number can go up and down based on not just looks, but what else do you have going in life? And it could be you could be, like, I don't know, a millionaire, right, with great looks, but you've been married four times, so you have a terrible track record and right.
Speaker 3: There's different things that attribute points. Right, so maybe your your your number goes down.
Speaker 4: So Jeff Bezos is not a great looking man, right, He's worth hundreds of billions of dollars.
Speaker 2: All that said, the problem we have in society why so many people can't link up is because people who are fours, fives, and six's not just in the looks apartment, but what you bring to the table. Let's just pull it the whole package. People in the whole package, the entire package. Oh but you could involve your personal package, right, Okay, but fours, fives and sixes, yeah, are trying to date eights, nines and tens. All right, Well, every tennis player wants to play someone who's better than them, but the people who better than them.
Speaker 3: The don't want to play them. Right, Well, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: The eights, nines, and tens are busy dating other eights, nines and tens because they're dating. They're dating nines and tens. Like the eight's want nines and the fours one eighths. Correct the issue an eight that wants a four. The problem is if you're a four to five and six, And that's where we got to go, and that's you can go six, seven, eight, you can write, you can actually, But the problem is there are people that are four fives and sixes that are looking at you. The four fives and sixes are trying to date you, but you're not looking in that direction. You're looking at eights, nines, and tens. So you're looking over here, off to the right. Someone's looking at you. You're But meanwhile that person can be a great match for you. Those file four fives and sixes should be people on your radar, but they're not, you understand.
Speaker 3: So that's why.
Speaker 2: There's so many there's so many unhappy people in this world.
Speaker 3: I think, well, there's so many unhappy shallows people. Right.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're dating, dating, dating everything, people you know. But I'm saying that if you're a woman who or a guy who has kids and has been divorced and you know you're looking for to date, you're not not going to date you. Hold on, hold on, Let's not make it that having kids and being divorced are negative. They're not.
Speaker 3: See they're not. I never said see this is where people are gonna get, but.
Speaker 2: Don't give me and then say don't see these are hypothetical things.
Speaker 3: All right, if someone's not looking first.
Speaker 2: But the thing is that person then complains they've been single for three four years, and you know what you're saying, they should lower their standards. Guys, screw all women, you know, screw you know.
Speaker 3: I've so.
Speaker 2: But but I'm like, well, maybe you should be looking in your arena. Maybe you should be looking in your range of number. And I'm not again, we're not talking about specific like looks four, fives and six is okay, we were going we're using the number.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hire guys richly. Guys are higher up in points and yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So my question of your world, So my question to you is, how do people how do we solve this problem?
Speaker 3: How do we solve this?
Speaker 2: I look at it this, I look at it this way. You are dating someone who is much more attractive than you, and I mean that as a compliment to her. Okay, but you have fame and money, so that brings you up a couple of points.
Speaker 3: Right, so I can play in that arena.
Speaker 2: Right, But if you lose your job and your money, you fucked exactly her. You know she's gonna be good looking, at least for twenty years. I'm not yet, and if you love her, she'll be good looking forever. I don't mean, by the way, I don't mean to pick on no, but you, but you dated up, but you have package. The reason why I bring this specific example up is because we're we got We've got a phone call on the air from a woman in her fifties who had This was a real life situation, So women in her fifties trying to date guys now. And she's like, and she had you know, she she's a single mom, and she's just upset and pissed off at the world because she can't find a guy. And I'm I'm thinking, there's probably ten great guys right under your nose, but you're not looking at them. You're looking at the unattainable guys that are looking at.
Speaker 3: People who are on their level.
Speaker 2: They're you know what I'm saying, You're looking up and they're looking up that, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, so I wish I could have given her advice, but instead I got clobbered and said, like, what do you mean she sure she's if she wants to date guys, it's nine and tens. She should absolutely get to date them. But I'm like, but that's not reality, that's not reality. They're not going to go for her.
Speaker 4: Okay, you don't know that they're not going to go for her if she's willing to say stick it out mate, first of all, but.
Speaker 2: She said she said nothing but bad listee. Her Her point was, I've had a bad line. It's just like it doesn't work, it doesn't listen.
Speaker 3: She's not going to lower her standards, right.
Speaker 2: Define lowering your standards rather than lower being reasonable about your situation.
Speaker 4: Okay, Let's say you're in the job market, right and you'd like a job for two hundred thousand dollars a lot. So you wait, Yeah, you wait, So you wait and you wait and you wait. You keep hoping, hope and hoping, and you even find one in that range. Then you're like, okay, you have a choice to make. You can either take a job for seventy five thousand, because you've probably got a better shot at doing that, or you can say, I'm not going to give up my standards now as the world around you crumbles and you who go fucking bankrupt waiting for that that that big payroll. Right, you may get desperate and take the job at McDonald's because you're like, no offense to McDonald's because you're like, oh crap, I'm never going to get that job at two hundred thousand dollars, so I better take something. That's your response. So, but people have different levels. Some people like, I'm not working fast food.
Speaker 2: It's hard to have this conversation without offending people because we've just infended McDonald's with people and women in their fifties with kids.
Speaker 3: There is nothing.
Speaker 2: I always said it because if that's what you want to do and what you can afford to do, what you trained to do. The only reason why I brought that up is because it was a real life scenario that happened, and I was sitting there biting my tongue, and I'm like, comparison to the woman, the woman would rather the woman would rather hold out for the for the eight. She doesn't want a date of four, all right, but what you'd got to be alone? Right?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: What young hot stud in his thirties thirties or forty, No, that's that's who. The kind of guys she was dating? What young hot stud in a thirties in his thirties and forties is going to be looking at her like huh, I won I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe she's a funny, interesting person with a lot of with a lot of world knowledge, and maybe that thirty year old thinks maybe maybe sexually romantically she's very advanced, and that she might be saying wonder full hang out.
Speaker 3: With all need to be realistic about. Plus you could beat her at most sporting events.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just saying that the world would be a better place if we all just took a step back and realized what we all bring to the table, what what are what are what are my positives?
Speaker 3: What are my negatives? What are my shortcomings?
Speaker 2: And then maybe, you know, maybe she live happier if you.
Speaker 4: Know, if she realized she's if she realizes she's miserable. No, if she really she's like, oh, you know what, I'm going to live a better life. I'm a five and I have no hope of attracting anyone.
Speaker 3: That's where I don't want this conversation to go on a while.
Speaker 2: Would want me?
Speaker 3: I want It's not worth what I want happiness.
Speaker 2: But I'm fishing in the wrong pond, you know, I'm trying to I'm trying to like take it, be up at bat in the major leagues.
Speaker 3: But again, I don't want to see this is what this is.
Speaker 4: Ok everybody, let me ask you a question, because you have a very strong someone out.
Speaker 3: There knows what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Let's say let's say you were single, right, Okay, okay, and you meet this girl and she's funny, she's a great cook, she has Italian food.
Speaker 3: It's very romantic, all right, she's wore, Oh my scurity. Do you have a long day at work?
Speaker 2: Numbers are, numbers are rising, couldn't couldn't be any more thoughtful, caring. But she's ugliest, sin and missing teeth, and she has her boyfriend's name tattooed on her neck.
Speaker 3: Numbers are going down.
Speaker 2: But but this woman makes you happy and about you and and is a great cook. And you have to be attracted to somebody. There's laws of attraction. You need to be physically attracted. Oh oh oh, so when it's you, you have to be physical attracted. But when some woman on the phone fucking you should date some fuck it creep is oid.
Speaker 3: No, I'm saying she's ignoring.
Speaker 2: She's ignoring people who probably are giving her a lot of attention. That's what I'm saying, sometimes ignoring the answers, the front feto on her neck.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to say to strive and reach out. I'm saying you would just reach for the stars. I'm not trying to say that. I'm not trying to say, don't do that. Scary.
Speaker 2: Would you date someone on your level? Take out your job and your income. You're just scared. You're just Anthony Skeary from Brooklyn. You look like you will, you live, You have your interests and my goal if if my goal was to get married and have kids, no, find a relationship. Find If my goal is to find a relationship, yeah, I would find it eventually on my level. Legit podcast, Hey, what's funny? Okay, buddy, No, I'm shaking during the commercial, Broty and I have a screen to each other. So during the during that little interlude, I show you struggling.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: Okay? There? Okay?
Speaker 4: So what the slices don't know and you do know, is that we went to the commercial break, my phone rang and I got a call back motivation.
Speaker 3: And then you just muted me. I'm like, what the hell is going on.
Speaker 2: So you know, you know when you call companies and they say press one to leave your phone number and get a call back when we're available. Yea. So two days ago I left the call back with New Jersey Motor Vehicle Services the d MV basically, but they.
Speaker 3: Don't call it.
Speaker 2: They called you back two days later.
Speaker 3: They called me back just now during the podcast. By the way, sounds about right.
Speaker 2: So let me let me tell you. Let me tell you what happened. Worst agency on earth. Motor vehicle.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So my wife and I have two cars, and we got a car for our daughter and my wife's car. Although I went and bought it, I mean I did all the work and then negotiating. We put the loan in her name because at the time her credit rating was a little higher than mine and she got a better rate. Sure, so technically she's financing the car according to bank records.
Speaker 4: Okay, great, all right, anyway about I don't know. Six months ago, we were changing insurance companies. I think I told you this, Geico was way more money than other companies.
Speaker 2: Go for your money. My wife and I are both on the registration of the car, were co owners of the car, of course right, and it for whatever reason, putting the insurance in her name was cheaper.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, okay, it was cheaper.
Speaker 4: So we decided when we switched insurance companies to put the car to the insurance in her name. And I don't ever drive her car, like ever ever drive her car. I have no need to drive her car. Not enough, not enough that legally I need to be on the policy. Okay, like once every six months, I might say, listen, I need to bring something big home or whatever, and I need She has an SUV and I have the Dodge charger, so the.
Speaker 2: Car is in our names. But now we canceled the insurance on it, and then she took out insurance in her name.
Speaker 3: So I get.
Speaker 4: An email, an email, I get a letter earlier in the week that says, our records indicate you don't have liability insurance on the car and your your registration is going to be suspended if you don't send a copy of the insurance card with your name on it proving that there's insurance on the car in your name, and is one hundred dollar fine to re establish the insurance. Okay, So my question to motor vehicle and I don't want to have to make an appointment and go down is to just it says, if you have any questions, call the number in Trenton, New Jersey, the capitol. So I'm like, God, here's what I want to find out. How do I easily explain to them in an email or a fax? And is it legitimate that the insurance is in her name? The car's in her name?
Speaker 2: But even though I'm a co owner, the car is insured, there is liability insurance.
Speaker 3: It's all legal, it's all.
Speaker 4: Good because I can't prove I have insurance for the car because I don't.
Speaker 3: She does, do that makes sense?
Speaker 2: So far?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: So the woman calls me back and she says, yes, I'm calling about the suspension pending on your car.
Speaker 3: I said, listen, here's the situation. I tell her the situation.
Speaker 4: She says, well, the suspensions in you So you need to put the insurance in your name. I say, okay, But hypothetically, if my wife is if the car is insured in my wife's name, does New Jersey legally require me to be on the policy?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 4: In order to get the suspension removed, you need to be on the policy. Okay, I get it. But the suspension was a mistake. How is this intention of mistake?
Speaker 2: Sir? You don't have proof of the sure No, no, it's a mistake because the car's ensured. Forget about the insurance. Forget about the suspension. Let's say that doesn't exist, but it exists, or I can't forget that it exists.
Speaker 4: It's a hypothetical, ma'am. Let me just get the hypothetical question out. Well, how can I discuss hypothetical if you face suspension? Forget the suspension.
Speaker 2: Let's pretend the suspension never existed in this conversation.
Speaker 4: Can we agree on that? Don't mention the suspension, sir. Please don't tell me what to do. I'm not telling you what to do. I'm asking you nicely to put it out of your mind. Don't bring the suspension for that. Let me just ask my question. But whatever your question is, sir, it's going to involve the suspension.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. No, it's not.
Speaker 4: I want to know if in the state of New Jersey it's legal for my wife to have insurance on the car in question and me not be on the policy, sir, in order to get the suspension. I'm not asking you about the suspension. It's turning into an Avna Costellar routine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's on first, sir?
Speaker 2: Sir, you're getting loud, I said, I'm only getting loud because I'm calmly trying to explain, and you don't seem to understand what a hypothetical question is.
Speaker 4: You don't change the parameters of a hypothetical. That's the point of the hypothetical. So I'm asking you.
Speaker 2: Would we be in trouble if the suspension had never happened and motor vehicle was aware that my wife had insurance on the car right and I wasn't on it.
Speaker 3: Would that be okay?
Speaker 2: Sir?
Speaker 4: If you want the suspension removed, you have to be on the policy. You're not listening to me, Sarah, I'm gonna put you on hold. No, don't, don't put me on hold to punish me.
Speaker 3: I just want to know. I'll put my name on the insurance.
Speaker 2: Get the suspension removed, and then take my name off. Just tell me if that's legal, Sir, if you want your suspension removed, I said, you are like talking to a wall.
Speaker 3: Yes, I said, you're not listening to me.
Speaker 2: Just let me ask the hypothetical question without mentioning the suspension, Sarah, I'm going to put you on hold, and she puts me on hold, and then I can't.
Speaker 3: I came back and I said, I'll be right back. Scary, hold on right.
Speaker 4: She puts in hope for like eight minutes, which I know is a punishment. She's putting me in time out. Scary, She's I'm a grown man. She's putting me in hoping.
Speaker 2: That you would come to your devices and you would blow the steam has been blown off. You'd have time to think and and and actually rearticulate yourself.
Speaker 4: Okay, in a more calm way, I went. I went through three phases while I was on the first phase was fuck her.
Speaker 2: I'm more mad now than I was before. The second phase was I gotta calm down. If I want this woman to do the thing I want her to do, and you need her on your side, you can't lose her.
Speaker 3: Right Then I realized I don't act.
Speaker 2: Then phase three was I don't actually need her to do anything because the fact of the matter doesn't change whether she likes me or not.
Speaker 3: The fact is it? What is the law? So then I was like, fuck this woman.
Speaker 2: When she gets back on the phone, if she gets back in the next five minutes, I'm gonna tell her she can go screw herself and I'll just call back on Monday.
Speaker 3: Fuck it.
Speaker 4: So she gets back on the phone and she says, sir, I said yeah. She says, I did some checking, and you don't need to be on the policy. Just submit proof that your wife has a policy.
Speaker 2: Ah. All of a sudden, Oh, I was, rah, So you don't need to be You don't need to be gloating about it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I do, I do, because you wouldn't listen to me. And I was right. I was right, Brody was right. I didn't sing. All right, all right, that's great. She said, would you like to email address?
Speaker 2: And I said so, I said, do you mean the long involved the email address? Now scary, I have the email address? I said, yeah, I'll take the email address. So she says it's U M dot info. I said, was that EM or N? She says it was M. I said, okay, dot info at I go AT so I said at like at no the symbol at. Oh right, okay. Then she says m VC. I said, was that N as in the Nancy no envy? And I fucking harassed her. Then she says dot NJ dot g O V. I said, you mean like dot GOV. So I fucking dragged it out and bothered her giving me the email address.
Speaker 3: Oh that's your revenge. That's my revenge. I turned it. I don't think she's going to over it. But no she's not.
Speaker 2: But I felt better about it. As long as you feel good about yourself, that's all that mat What is the point. It's like, I say, scary, hypothetically speaking, scary, you need to grow it all grow at a tattoo on her neck And you're like, well, what if she doesn't have a tattoo.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, it's my hypothetical. I create the world. If I wanted reality, I wouldn't be creating hypothetical. Hey, hypothetically if my wife no, no, this is suspension. She couldn't. She couldn't comprehend that. I wanted to ask a question that didn't. So that's what I was doing while you were sitting there making faces at me, you brick.
Speaker 3: I couldn't imagine what was going on.
Speaker 4: He was acting out my facial expressions and my arms waving awesome, And there's no video of it because he didn't hit record, So.
Speaker 3: I should have unmuted my mics. You could have heard it all.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, my life happens in real time in the middle of this podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, calm down, No, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a right brody, it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So we were talking earlier about that surprise party for Elvis last week, which was by the way, I'm sorry, her name was Sue, fuck Sue, thank you sorry. Yeah, the surprise party. Yeah, uh so it.
Speaker 4: Looked like fun. Let me point that out one more time.
Speaker 2: It was it was like seventy five people I know or knew used to work with. A lot of people who were with at the party don't work there anymore. It was good, good fun, look great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So at this party, I got drunk, I got sweaty, and I started rapping to Biggie and man Oman What Biggie juice, Biggie juice. It was all a dream. I used to read Word Up Magazine song Pepper Heavy d Up in the limousine.
Speaker 3: That is the only Biggie song you could sing.
Speaker 2: Hanging pictures on my wall every Saturday, Rap Attack, mister Magic Mully mal So anyway, okay, can I just say right now, how awful that was. And if you were drunk when you did it, it must have been one undred. Well I was drunk and sweaty. And there's three different mom spaghetti, three different No, that's differ, that's Evidem's that's slim shady, wait to shaggy. No, it's on the sweating already. Mom's spaghetti. That's yeah, let's lose yourself. That's a call back of course last episode. So anyway, so yeah, so so there's people out there, three different people on video that that have this, that have the video of this, three different angles. At the time, I was feeling myself, I was in the moment.
Speaker 3: I was I was.
Speaker 2: Happy, buzzy Scary Jones doing his thing on the dance floor, rapping to Biggie.
Speaker 3: Well, now i'd.
Speaker 2: Like that tape destroyed, But I got three people to go through to try and get.
Speaker 3: To see this tape. I gotta see this.
Speaker 2: This video is embarrassing and I can't believe that it's out there right now. And someone posted a clip of it like a like a little blur, and thank god, it was on their story and it was one of those friends people that not too many people like on the show. No, it was just like a little inner circle of people follow but not like the masses.
Speaker 3: Well wait, wait, wait wait. There was someone at the party that a lot of people don't know and is.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that is friends with Elvis and friends and friends with a couple of us on the show. And I'm like, oh my god, I'm no please no, So I just let it, let it happen.
Speaker 3: I let it go.
Speaker 2: But there's a very someone in our company was a very heavy. Uh, she's a she's an industry heavy. She's a an industry important person of very high rewards, higher higher US awards.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep. She This person has video of me.
Speaker 2: She is a she is somebody who could really sync me with this video. But thank god, because I've been monitoring her feed all this time, she's.
Speaker 3: Not that kind of person. She Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, she's far too professional to post it. I'm going to reach out to her. No you're not, No, you're not.
Speaker 3: I might have to email harr and ask it for the content. Thank you. I know it is Juicy, mat I know, I know she was at that party.
Speaker 2: Juicy by Biggie Great great song brings me back to the mid nineties.
Speaker 3: It used to be a great song.
Speaker 2: But it's wild how in the moment, maybe you're a better you're a better singer rapper, and you look better doing it than you actually are. No, because yeah, the video camera, Yeah, those cameras tell all anyway.
Speaker 3: Oh, so it wasn't just a dream.
Speaker 2: It was not.
Speaker 3: It was not. It was it was it was, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a reality. But I wonder, have you had any embarrassing video of you? Yes, that's out there, yep, yep of what what was it? My parents friend's son who was at the times probably six or seven eight years younger than I was at the time, So maybe I was, uh, maybe I was twenty twenty one and for some reason not drunk at his bar Mitzvah. I grabbed the mic and sang Paul Revere, oh boy on the mic.
Speaker 3: But Eastie boys, that's the kind of shit I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I sang it along with the music. But I for some reason someone said, oh, David can single knows the words of that song. And I got up and I in front of everybody, and I did moves and dance moves, and it was terrible. Slices on his bar Mitzvah tape. I love that Slices. Here's your chance to shine. Leave you stop the fighting, leave your talk back of the story of the time that you have an embarrassing tell us about the embarrassing video that exists of you out there.
Speaker 3: Give us a little little thirty second try not to do two three, four in a row.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 3: Don't leave a URL with the with the we address out to find it. We don't.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna go watch it. We even talked back about the time. And we want to hear from new slices. Let's get some new people in the mix here that you've never been to the cart if you've never ever ever left a talk back for us before through the iHeart listen to the iHeartRadio app, click on that microphone, hold it down, whatever you have to do, and let us know about the video out there, the embarrassing video that exists, all right, and tell us a little bit about that. Thank you so much because and we'll play them back on Slice time next week. Scar.
Speaker 4: Speaking of how people listen to us, did you know that seventy three point five percent of our listeners listen on iPhones?
Speaker 3: Yes, I knew that because iPhones rule the world.
Speaker 2: They really don't not the world, well, iPhones by the United States. By the way, android phones now out sell iPhones.
Speaker 3: Yeah maybe worldwide? Right, great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not here Samsung Samsung fifteen percent. Yeah again, Samsung is one brand, it's not doesn't represent all Android phones. It's fifteen percent. And then the other other is insignificant numbers. So roughly three quarters of our audience's iPhone, and of course about a six of our audiences is Android.
Speaker 3: But that's right. But we knew this already.
Speaker 2: We knew this.
Speaker 4: Lead people, right, those are the elite people anyway. So listen on iHeartRadio and leave us talk back. Yes please, I've got.
Speaker 2: Uh, what what do you got, Brody? I've got a dog story and a scamboni. Oh, I'm gonna get the scamboni jingle. Can we get that on here right now? Get that scamboni on? Yep.
Speaker 3: I love a good scambony.
Speaker 2: Ooh scamon?
Speaker 3: What do you got Brody?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: You're on the TikTok of course I am. Now, I don't know if these are professional people that work for this company or it's one of those where like you volunteer, so they let you sell it for them and market and they give you money.
Speaker 3: There's a new trend.
Speaker 2: If you scroll through your you know you're for you page like oh random shit around or shit.
Speaker 3: You stand on what looks like a scale.
Speaker 4: It's a flat thing and it's not flat, but it's it looks like a scale but thicker, and it's all I haven't seen any men doing this, so I'm assuming that the market is for women.
Speaker 2: And it's all women in like jim shorts and tank tops. And they talk like this and it's a great product and you can lose, it breaks up fat and cell you light and and it's yours only eighty five ninety nine.
Speaker 3: That's intense.
Speaker 4: Basically, it's a thing that vibrates you and shakes you in one place.
Speaker 3: Really, they talk about it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna send you a screen shot right now, scary hold on, okay, I'll send you a screenshots.
Speaker 3: You can see it. But you're saying you're saying it's a scamboni though.
Speaker 4: Okay, And they're like, oh, you could do how many reps? And all you need is a fifteen minute workout every day, And they're making it like it's a great piece of gym equipment that you don't have to exist if you have sore aches and bones. You know, no matter what your age is, you can you can use it.
Speaker 2: It's just a shake thing. You don't lose weight by getting your body shaken. Everybody's looking for a quick way to lose weight. This is not This is a scamboni.
Speaker 3: Oh look at this.
Speaker 2: These are like those you know what this looks like. This looks like those contraptions from the nineteen fifties where a person would stand still on like a treadmill, shrap around their waist right, and they will like shake the blubber slices slices. If you were if you bought one of these, it's okay to admit it.
Speaker 3: Leave us a talk back. Let us know you you know that you bought one. So she's standing on it looks like a scale.
Speaker 4: It looks like a like a scale, but a little higher off the ground, like it's thicker, like it's got.
Speaker 3: A motor under it. I'm going to ask my person about this today. It's a scale with a motor under it. But all you're doing is shaking like you're on a like you're.
Speaker 2: A polaroid picture. Okay, you can't be losing weight. That's not how weight we're we're breaking up fat and cellulate. Okay, you break up fat and cellulate.
Speaker 4: You know what it does. It floats in your belly. It doesn't go out of you. It's such a and all these girls and women are like, do it. And so if I clicked on one, it's down my algorithm. So I keep getting these videos. Yeah, you can't get out of that. That's a hell is vortex that you're in there.
Speaker 3: So I just want to.
Speaker 2: Alert you shaking violently, eat less, eat healthier, go to a gym like Scary's doing. And by the way, I'm down twelve pounds in the past three weeks.
Speaker 3: I'm meant to tell you look really good. Thanks. I mean, not where I want to be.
Speaker 4: But I'm gonna lose another the ten twelve pounds and I'll let you know how that's going. But I'm not shaking on a vibrating scale. Now, look, ladies, if you enjoy the vibrating scale, don't get me wrong. I'm all about it, you know, I'm you know, I'll watch that video. But if it's a weight loss thing, no one last thing about TikTok sure whenever women are on TikTok. Guys hit on them always, and there seems to be a trend. And I don't know if they're young kids. I don't they they.
Speaker 2: They use pickup lines, like the hackiest pickup lines is if they're original.
Speaker 3: Uh huh so.
Speaker 2: Uh this one guy writes, you wouldn't win a beauty pageant, but you've won me over.
Speaker 3: Is that? Is that a positive? Is that a compliment?
Speaker 2: That's why that's she's.
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's like saying you're not very attractive, but I dig big women.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, he's like, that's a backhanded compliment. Yeah, And I got another one for you. So I'm gonna start writing these down as I see them. But uh again, in my for you page, this girl is uh promoting I guess a curling iron and she's a straightener ye, and she's straightening her hair and she's like, oh, I got this hair straightener on Amazon. And she's straightening her hair and this guy writes, hey, girl, what's you up to? So I commented, I go, she's literally straightening her hair in front of you.
Speaker 3: What do you mean? What is she up to? Are you watching it? She's straining her hair in the video saying I'm straining my hair with this new Amazon.
Speaker 2: It's just somebody who wants to participate in the conversation but.
Speaker 3: Has nothing clever to say.
Speaker 2: Right, hey girl, what you're doing her hair? It looks kind of obvious. That's what she's doing, Like that's your line? Yeah, hey girl, what's up to TikTok is video? Right, it's showing you what she's doing. So before I got upset, I kept scrolling. You know, I scrolled pretty literal everyone's Yeah, I can't watch lives by the way, TikTok and Instagram Live.
Speaker 3: It's just the content the IQ of some of the people in that room.
Speaker 2: It's awful.
Speaker 4: That's where I get content from. I sit down and I will get the stupid people.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Did we talk about the absolutely rude family with their root little Door the Explorer little girl at the restaurant that I was at with my boy Will last week?
Speaker 3: I don't think. I think we recorded the podcast and I went out to eat the dinner that night with him, so we didn't cover this.
Speaker 2: You co this. I have a question, yea, are you calling her the Door of the Explorer girl? Because one she's Latina, Two she wore pink and purple, pink and purple, a purple to a h swiper b pink and purple. She wore pink and purple. Oh yeah, well orange and orange, and you know the Dora colors with the Dora haircut. She had the Dora haircut, and she had that was door.
Speaker 3: Was she holding a map? And the map? Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 2: And and what kind of backpack was she wearing? No, no, she had the glasses, but she keeps all the cool stuffs. She had the haircut, but no, here's the back backpack?
Speaker 3: Come on, you even know sing long scary? Do you remember that? Do you remember the time when you were a young parent with your three young children? Remember that? Yeah? Sure of course. Okay, when you guys used to go out to dinner mm hmm.
Speaker 2: If you guys were obviously at a family friendly place that welcome kid.
Speaker 3: That's where you took the kids.
Speaker 2: Right because you knew they might act up, they might be climbing all over the didn't take them to five star restaurants because that's not what they want, right, But was there ever a time where you did well, you said, we're going to adult tonight, We're all going to be adulting, and these kids were bringing them with us, and we will be and we will behave and we will act respectable. Not to my knowledge that we ever did that. Those are the same people who bring babies to movie. All right, Well, there's a restaurant Hoboken which is awesome and it caters.
Speaker 3: To I mean, you could bring your family for brunch.
Speaker 2: You could bring a family if you if the family behaved this This was a Thursday night, Yeah, senior citizens special because I eat early right five or six o'clock at night, early bird got it. But there was still quite a bit of people coming off work and hanging out at the bar.
Speaker 3: And it was it was mainly adult.
Speaker 2: It was mainly adults, a lot of women, a lot of guys in there, you know, couples, and me and my boy Will and to the left of us, to left of me, to the right of Will. If you want to be really particular about it. There was a family of three. Okay, the door of the this door, the explorer girl was standing on the chair, was jumping up and down. Was was she couldn't she was so fidgety, she couldn't sit still. And the parents allowed her, which they did allowed her to get off the chair and run back and forth through the restaurant. Now there was a coal oven not more than eight feet from this girl. This was a coal oven pizza place. They called it the corse, the reach it no, but they call it the hot hole. I mean, it's it's the hot hole. It's it's it's that you dated her in high school, didn't you twelve hundred degrees in that fucking thing. Okay, This girl was running back and forth through the restaurant, through the bar area and then sliding into second, sliding across the floor, running back and forth. There were waiters walking by with big trays, hot plates. I mean, this is a place that serves you cast iron, scalding hot shit right out of the hot hole. And people were carrying them and and the parents paid no mind. Every once in a while the mom would get up and be like, hey, so and so get back here, and the girl would come back. Then they allowed the girl to get on top of the banquette along the back wall. It was one continuous banquette and run back and forth on the bank at like on top of the on top of where people sit their asses, where people sit, And she's running back and forth, stopping back and forth across the whole bank at across like six tables.
Speaker 3: She's exploring, Yeah, and me and my blast don't look at each other.
Speaker 2: Were like one of his purest fucking doone.
Speaker 3: Like where's management, where's the stand? All forget it.
Speaker 2: It's one of those places where you know, we can't parrot your kid. We're not going to tell you what to do. But when the child is running across the furniture, it was met with smiles, Brodie, it was met with smiles like ah, the waitress like bent down and says, oh, you're so cute because she was she was a little kid gets injured, the kid gets injured, they're going to sue the restaurant. Of course, I've never heard of a restaurant allowing that it was so mad. And it wasn't and we're not talking about this is not Let me just break this down for the slices.
Speaker 3: This was not a family friendly restaurant.
Speaker 2: This isn't Chuck E Cheese, It wasn't even Applebee's. Yeah, you've made that clears to ask your question. If you were there were robbing on a date, don't you want your money back? Well, that's where you come in, bro You know, Will and I just ate our meal, we you know, with our shitten grins on our faces, and then we got out of there.
Speaker 3: That's not what shit in green means. What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Shitt It in grin means like you you you have a secret?
Speaker 3: You you, we had a secret. We want to kill this kid.
Speaker 2: So you had a fake smile on yes, We're like, oh yeah, Well we got out and we then we got out of there. But after we walked started walking down the block, we both said to ourselves, what would Broty do? Would Brody you take advantage of the moment and say that his dinner was ruined.
Speaker 3: Because the one I'd say, Will and I were on a date and he ruined it? She ruined it?
Speaker 2: Oh, because that's believable. Why Will wouldn't date me? Why he wouldn't date up? A?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But where's the where's the monetary loss there? Like I want to hear you justify this.
Speaker 4: Oh, we we were on a romantic evening. We chose that restaurant for a specific reason to have a quiet, nice romantic night. This is the kind of restaurant and I would hate to leave a Google review saying that this is not a not an upscale restaurant, that it's more of a chuck E cheese environment.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, but your experience was ruined.
Speaker 2: Clearly, it was ruined.
Speaker 3: Scary. You're bitching about it now, I know, well, I mean, I have no one else to bitch Joe as it is. You hate kids.
Speaker 4: Oh, I see using the podcast event because no one else wants to hear your I don't.
Speaker 2: This is my therapy session. What are you talking about? This is a podcast? What are we doing here? Yeah? But I can help.
Speaker 3: That's while you're laying on a couch.
Speaker 2: I say, so, okay, all right, I just I feel like if I was a here, couldn't hear you, You couldn't hear the conversation with the person you were with because this person's running around, screaming and jumping around. I really don't think it was gonna fall and break her head. I really did. I thought she was gonna cut herself. They were cut There was cutlery on the table, These tables were pre set. There was cutlery on the tables. There was glass on the tables. You're gonna knock something over.
Speaker 3: Be honest. Was there any point in the evening where you were hoping she fell. No, I'm not that rude. I'm not I'm not that I'm not that evil Brodie.
Speaker 2: All right, well, then, based on our previous commercial conversation in this podcast, be honest, are you following her on Instagram?
Speaker 3: You're an asshole? Or the explorer in a bikini? Oh?
Speaker 4: What should I do? BRODDI shul I unfollow, Yes, you should don't follow. I just I just I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I might have said I might have said something personally to the parents, but yeah, but really I said.
Speaker 3: Referred to his door, the explorer.
Speaker 2: But I would have said, excuse me, trying to have a nice evening here, can you please ask your daughter, you know, to stop running.
Speaker 3: Around the rest?
Speaker 2: What that does? That's confrontation? And then that who knows how this dude would have reacted? Okay, because if they're bad parents, how big was the dude I could have taken him? Okay, So maybe that maybe that maybe the father's a pussy and that's why he won't talk to his kids into doing the right thing.
Speaker 3: Or maybe you're that bad of a parent, you're that evil.
Speaker 2: Not that this guy was some macho guy he would tell his daughter to sit the fuck down. It's the kind of person that if he doesn't control his kid, he's the kind of person that.
Speaker 3: Would pick a fight, guarantee. No, he's the kind of person that can't control you either. Yeah, And I don't see it that way.
Speaker 4: I just a guy who can't control his wife is going to take his anger on her, control his wife. What I said, by the way, I already interrupted myself. What I'm what I'm saying is if a guy feels like not me, I would never control my wife.
Speaker 3: Not not that I even could, but.
Speaker 2: The kind of guy who believes he should be able to control his wife or at least keep her in line.
Speaker 4: You know how people talk. Not me, that's the kind of guy that would punch you right.
Speaker 3: Like I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't get her to shut up? Someone to shut you up?
Speaker 3: Again. Not the way I speak it, not.
Speaker 2: The way I know right now, I know hypotheticals, hypothetical, hypothetic, right, I'm like the motive vehicle.
Speaker 4: I like the motive vehicle. I understand hypotheticnology. He's more of an analogy hypothetical. But anyway, my point is the guy who can't control his kid sounds like he's too wimpy, and I don't want to upset her anything.
Speaker 3: Maybe she is. It's not going to punch you.
Speaker 2: I just I'm wondering for parents, how can you be so lackadaisical, or how could you be so how can you just because they.
Speaker 3: Don't care about other people scary.
Speaker 2: There's people in the world that don't give a fuck, or they think, Hey, my kid's just being a kid.
Speaker 3: Other people have kids, they'll understand it, but.
Speaker 2: Not in that environment. Be your kid could be a kid in a playground, not in a restaurant.
Speaker 4: It's one thing if you have to bring your kid or like you're at a blessed you at a baseball game and your kids rambunctions. Baseball games are family friendly.
Speaker 3: Different.
Speaker 2: You don't want your kid jumping on the seats, but if it happens, you go, all right, the kid's excited in a baseball game, I get it. You go to a fine dining establishment. Will let yelp gives three to four dollar dollar signs you should not be bringing your small child and then allow them to run around. Well, you could bring your.
Speaker 3: Small child as long as your small child, you know.
Speaker 2: Can behave Yeah, we went to Okay, So if your restaurant on a scale of one to ten and fanciness was let's say a seven and a half, would that be fair.
Speaker 3: Yes, we took our kids to sixes and six and a half's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they sat nicely, they ate nicely, They didn't chewmaking noise, They didn't reach across the table and reach across people's plates. They were raised with table manners. No, I can't tell you that my daughters don't curse a little bit. I can't tell you that, you know, they don't tell the average person to go after themselves.
Speaker 3: Occasionally they have my attitude.
Speaker 4: But when it comes to manners, my kids didn't run around restaurants like animals.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, it's just I blame it squarely on the parents and then secondarily on the restaurant for jumping in.
Speaker 3: But to care for it.
Speaker 2: I probably wouldn't et there again for fear of that happening again. Yeah, well, it's all good, But you hate kids more than I do, so I feel like you probably kids. By the way, did you ask the parents if the kid was calling? Yeah, I said, yeah, this was a colleague kid growing up, because that's why she behaves the way she does today.
Speaker 3: Right, and also how many Instagram follows do you have a scary Johnes following her? I'll tell your story next week. I'm sorry, yeah, please.
Speaker 2: I didn't expect The Door the Explore story to interrupt Boys Boys