Speaker 1: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Now, along with the guys from Guillotine Leagues dot com, here's your host, Paul Jargian.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly. I'm Paul Jarchi and my co hosts today are Matt Harrison and Brian Johnson. Hey, guys, what a boys? Hey, what's better than snow football?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, that was fun last night.
Speaker 4: Snow football with Jamis Winston.
Speaker 2: Nothing better, nothing better than Jameis Winston snowfootball. That was a blast. I love snow football. Did you guys play snow football in the backyard?
Speaker 3: New World? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: That was like the call. That's when you went and played right, it's snowing. This is when you go play football.
Speaker 4: Oh and growing up, I'm thinking of like a Joe Montana Sports Talk football. Remember that you can control the weather. Whenever you could control the weather, it was always snow. You're always put in snow, in.
Speaker 2: The snow for absolutely every time snow.
Speaker 5: I was playing that n C double A twenty five game with my kid, put it on snow and then realized that my jerseys were white. And then I I can't see my receivers.
Speaker 3: It was a bad, bad move.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised that doesn't create more problem in real life.
Speaker 4: I think it did for Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: It might.
Speaker 4: I trouble seeing some of them.
Speaker 5: The best high visibility jerseys for snow football are the browns, the dark brown and the blaze orange. You can see them so clear.
Speaker 4: The Seahawks might, oh, the highlighter those are the worst. I think they retired those, thankfully, hopefully.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, but they still have the uh like as the third color is still the neon greens. It's just not overt.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And them in the Rams had like that dirty laundry color too, Like they're like.
Speaker 3: Off the Rams. It's called bone.
Speaker 4: I call it dirty long white tea shirts.
Speaker 2: Bone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the name of the color.
Speaker 2: I had no idea.
Speaker 4: What did they call it?
Speaker 2: Tusk? Wouldn't that be better than bone?
Speaker 5: Well, aren't tusks from your but it's that would be horn horn, they're.
Speaker 3: Not Walrus's still like touss cheese. Lots.
Speaker 2: To get to the course of this show, we're gonna break down all the games. We'll give you letter grades, and all the significant players take a chance on me. Nine players you would not normally start will tell you who they are. Three tough questions will be answered later in the show. And our second to last premature speculation, I think, or maybe third to last premature speculation. It's coming to an end.
Speaker 4: Running sweet time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're run on time. To prematurely speculate.
Speaker 3: We kill it right about Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Is that when the last buy is over, Okay, that is our That is when we kill it off. Yep, so we got a couple more weeks of premature speculation. Let's dive into the matchups Lions are taking on the Colts. Matt Lions are coming off yet another dominating offensive performance fifty whatever two points last week. I gotta believe it's pretty much start everybody here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jamiir Gibbs and David Montgomery will start with them. They're both getting a grades. The Colts have seen the most running back touches in the league this year, with thirty two per game, and have allowed the third most combo yards at one fifty one. By the way, neither Gibbs nor Montgomery has got to single digit PPR points, yet every game so far double digit PPR points. They're both super reliable Sam Laporta. He's back from an injury and I'm not afraid to do it. I'm giving Laporta an A grade here. What Yeah, Colts are bottom ted like.
Speaker 2: A guy who has a rostered Sam Laporta all year.
Speaker 3: I got him everywhere. Man, Come on.
Speaker 5: We talked about this on three tough questions. Colts are bottom ten and receptions, yards and touchdowns allowed to the tight end position, and before missing last week with a shoulder injury, Laporta had scored in two of his last three, so I like him here. Aman Ross Saint Brown gets an actual tough matchup out of the slot, and Kenny moore More is the seventh best ranked corner by Pro Football Focus, but he's also allowed five touchdowns on the season, and Sun God has scored in eight straight games, so he still gets an A grade. Jameson Williams had a huge week last week, but he's been super inconsistent with target totals. In his last six games. He's had target totals that could all be seen on a single six sided die and he's rolled each number once. They'll take a few deep shots at him, especially when he's going against Samuel Womack or Jaylen Jones. Both corners are seeing a dots above twelve, So it's a C grade on the prospect that he breaks a deep ball, and then Jared Goff gets an eight grade because I like his old offense. The Colts are allowing the seventh most completions in the fifth most yards. That seems very goffable or goff tacular or golf pudding, whatever it is. Anthony Richardson, it's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that. Richardson.
Speaker 5: On the other side, should be missing his top left tackle, Bernard Ryman, but they were missing him last week too, and Richardson still had his best day of the season against the Jets. Tougher test for sure against Detroit this week. The Lions have given up at least twenty nine rushing yards to a quarterback five times already this year. Richardson got to thirty two last week but scored twice on the ground, and they've also allowed the tenth most passing yards at two forty nine per game. Problem is they bend, but they don't break. They've only allowed seven passing scorers all season through ten games. They have fourteen interceptions. Yeah, they have double the amount of picks as touchdown passes allowed.
Speaker 2: And I don't think Detroit has allowed more than one touchdown pass in any game this year. Yeah, it's all about Richardson's legs in this one, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: With the Lions favored by over a touchdown on an over under in the fifties, game, script should still favor Richardson throwing end running, so he's gonna make a few mistakes. I'll give him a B grade here the receivers. When Richardson is the starter, Michael Pittman is his first look. In the six games that Richardson has started and finished, Pittman's target share has never dipped below twenty two percent. Basically one in four Richardson passes is going towards Pittman, so there should be ample volume in this game toward Pittman. I'm giving him a B grade. Josh Downs also gets a B running from the slot. He gets a meek Robertson, who's allowed a ninety one passer rating in his coverage and his PFF player grade is below the Kindle Vildor line, so.
Speaker 3: That's not a good thing.
Speaker 5: Also below the Kindle Vildor line is Terry and Arnold, who matches up with Alec Pierce. He's way below the Villdor line and should be susceptible to a deep shot or too, so a sea dart for Pierce if you need the home run ball. And then finally, Jonathan Taylor. He only gets a C grade in this. In the last three weeks against a couple of similar good run stopping defenses, Taylor only managed forty eight yards against the Vikings and fifty seven yards on twenty four carries against the Jets. The volume could dry up if Detroit gets ahead a little bit too, so just a sea grade on Taylor.
Speaker 2: You mentioned Terry and Arnold, the first round pick for the Lions and a lot of opportunity for him to get better. But two picks before him in the NFL draft was Quinnon Mitchell to the Eagles, and he might be the rookie of the year.
Speaker 5: Cooper Degen doesn't look too bad, looks great. Second round.
Speaker 2: He has turned into a shutdown slot corner also readily so the Eagle.
Speaker 3: Howie Roseman nailed it.
Speaker 2: He's he's so good.
Speaker 4: Spoiler alert, there's a Cooper on Cooper breakdown. Come.
Speaker 2: I like it, I like it.
Speaker 4: Those corners bowed bad news, but we'll get to that later.
Speaker 2: Tennessee takes on Houston. Brian Taj Spears ruled out of this game, so Tony Pollard's going to get almost all the work. So does he belong in lineups?
Speaker 4: He should get most of the work. But not a great matchup. It wasn't a great matchup for Pollard last week. Brutal matchup against a future defensive Player of the Year Andrew Van Gingle and company. And it doesn't get much better against the Texans, who are allowing less than four yards per carry to running back. So they've surrendered just seven total touchdowns of the position. They've been out been without Will Anderson on their front four for a while. He's going to make his return. He is elite if you're not aware of will Anderson. So just to see for Tony Pollard, even with Spears out over the receivers Calvin Ridley, just to see here at least eight targets in five of his last six games. Tons of air yards from Bill Levis. There's a ceiling for Ridley, for sure, but a very scary floor. Ridley has scored in just two games of this season, granted one was a multi score game, but the Texans have surrendered the second most wide receiver touchdowns. They haven't had their bye week yet, Houston, but they're allowing one and a half scores per game to the position, So I will throw Ridley in my lineup at temporary expectations. I will not start Nick Westbrook Keene, but I might bet him for an any time touchdown scorer. Here's Nwi's Firstwhi's first game was in Week six, following Tennessee's by Here's his touchdowns by game since then. One one, one, one zero, one wow, five to six. But he's on the bench in this matchup as his Chico Konquo at tight end. Houston allowing just three and a half catches thirty two yards per game to tight ends, and Will Levis he's on the bench to no shocker there. Over to the Texan side, Joe Mixon monster season for mixing just a be here, though might be a little bit of a bump in the road for Joe. The Titans are allowing a measly three point seven yards per carry to opposing running backs who are barely averaging one hundred combo yards per game, but mixing an absolute belcow seeing over ninety percent of the snaps on a weekly basis, absolutely insane. Tennessee is allowing one point three total touchdowns per game to running back, so there is a game potential for mixing, but I'll play it safe with the b for mixing this week. The Texans played it safe with Nico Collins last week. He only ran twenty one routes. It's about half of his workload. Hopefully gets ramped up this week, but teams do not throw on the Titans much. Tennessee yielding just twenty eight pass attempts per game, which is leading to less than ten catches per game from opposing wide receiver units. You're not gonna sit in n Go by any means. You're starting him without a doubt, But I'm just gonna give him a CEE here. Not a great matchup. We're not sure if they ramp him up all the way, and game script probably not gonna favor the pass passing game. That is why I tanked Dell on the bench as his tight end Dalton Schultz. Only two tight ends have scored against Tennessee this year. There are better options this week, and even in the waste and even in the bike apocalypse in the wasteland double bad for tight ends, but I'm still benching Dalton Schultz and I'm close to benching CJ Stroud. I will give him a CEE though again game script concerns, But there is big play potential for Stroud now that Nico Collins is back in the lineup. Twenty three percent of the passing plays against Tennessee have gained ten or more yards. That is the third highest clip in the league. So if Stroud gets it done early, he is viable. But just a soft sea for CJ.
Speaker 2: Cowboys take on the Commanders. This is not good as we've I'm to learn which part's not good, the whole thing on the Dallas side. Oh okay, all right, let's just start with the only there's only three players you could possibly care about. With the Cowboys, I'm gonna start with our bench greade on Rico dubtel even at a sixteen bye week, I'm not starting him and it's a neutral matchup. In the two Cooper rush games, rico'dowdle has gotten ten and twelve carries. That is just not enough volume to feel confident in the league's worst rushing attack. The Commanders giving up some big games to running backs, but those are all volume backs, and Doubtell doesn't get enough volume. The only receiver you care about is, of course Ceedee Lamb, now not fully healthy but expected to play in this one, and through sheer repetition, Lamb has been fantasy serviceable. But it's all four yard pass, six yard pass, five yard pass. It's very short, easy, high completion percentage stuff that does not yield big gains. So if you are okay with like a catches for fifty yards, this is probably still a sea level grade for Ceedee Lamb. Washington's a sneaky good pass defense. They've only allowed two wide receiver scores in the last seven games, including holding aj Brown and DeVonta Smith to modest games last week.
Speaker 4: Church.
Speaker 5: I know we're going to talk a little bit about this later on some of the wide receivers, But is ced Lamb like maybe the most tradable guy right now that you can just get rid of like a sabotage trade.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny you bring that up. Discussed that on last week's show as a matter of fact, and yes, that is we think the right thing to do is to try to trade CD Lamb we don't think. I don't think you're gonna get three consecutive playoff wins with CD Lamb.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: The other Dallas cowboy you should care about is Luke's Schoonmacher. It's really schoonmaker. But here's what I want to believe that the Schoonmacher family, like his forefathers, were schooner builders, building ships designed to traverse the wild oceans. And they were so good at it that they changed their name. Like the last name was like Phillips. They're like it's easy and everyone can spell it. But no, we're such good schooner makers, we're going to become schoonmaker. And Luke is just the last most recent generation of schoonmakers, which is possible schooner makers.
Speaker 4: I'd like to believe that to be true.
Speaker 2: I think there's a good chance.
Speaker 4: Do you see so you see a bad schoon rising, No, a good schoon good schoon rise.
Speaker 2: So last week Jake Ferguson gets knocked out and he's not expected to go in this game. He gets knocked out like late first quarter. Schoonmaker gets ten targets in three quarters, ten and it's all dump off stuff from Cooper Rush commanders have allowed three tight end touchdowns in the last three games. CE grade on Luke's schoonmaker, a C grade on Ceedee Lamb, and a bench graade on Rico Doubtle. Full schoon, Yeah, full schoon. Okay, sure we'll go with that Washington side. Let's start with the running game. I like Brian Robinson a lot here. He's missed some time with injury, but he's back here and should be at near full health. Almost every opposing lead runners at big games against Dallas, including Joe Mixon with three touchdowns last week. Robinson's a powerback, and guys like Tyler Ljeer and David Montgomery and Derreck Henry all posted big games with touchdowns. Now, Robinson doesn't catch, which is the only reason he's not in a grade. He's a B grade here. Dallas is the seventh most carries twenty four per game, and Robinson's going to get the bulk of those, so he comes in with a B. Austin Eckler also a bee, always a safe start, and he's got some unusual upside this week as the Cowboys reliably give up big receiving games. Nine different backs of top twenty receiving yards against Dallas. In the last three Dallas games, Joe Mixon had forty four receiving yards. B John Robinson had fifty nine receiving yards. All of that in recent games. All right, let's go to the passing side of Washington. Terry Mclaurinry McLaurin last week only two targets and one catch, but a far easier matchup this week against Dallas. McLaurin runs seventy seven of his percent of his routes. I didn't I think he's the most one sided, one side of the field player that there is going. Oh really this year Seon Ryder left. He is left side strong. Is a Trayvon Digs side of the f Diggs has been decent, but we've also seen lapses, including his game against San Francisco when he gave up two touchdowns. A little worrisome. Some teams just don't bother throwing at Trayvon Diggs because the coverage is easier on the other side of the field against Josh Butler. So there's a little downside in Terry and he comes in with a B grade zach Ertz Also B grade Cowboys have been slaughtered by tight ends of late allowing five touchdowns in the last six games, Ertz gets almost one hundred percent of washing It's tight end looks non Artz tight ends only have nine targets all year.
Speaker 1: Nine times nine times.
Speaker 2: That leaves Jaden Daniels a grade. The bounce back is coming, obviously. The slump really a middling fantasy producer for a month, but especially the last two weeks, but that was against Philadelphia and Pittsburgh arguably like defense one to two in the NFL, So the bounce back probably coming here. Dallas's last four games they've given up thirty four points, twenty seven points, thirty points, and forty seven points, so there should be plenty of points here. The only scenario that worries me is this, some teams get ahead so far and so quickly on Dallas they don't bother to pass. Two different quarterbacks this year, one quarterback at a fourteen pass game and another quarterback at a fifteen pass game against Dallas, so that's possible. And then the rib injury looks like still a real lingering thing with Jaden Daniels, and if they get up ahead they could just protect him. Marcus Mariota could be in at halftime. Maybe who knows. So there's a smidge of downside and Jayden Daniels you should be aware of, but he gets a A grade.
Speaker 4: Washington likes to sweep the leg though when they play Dallas they hate each other.
Speaker 5: Oh charge, I looked up scoon maker. Yeah, it's a Dutch name. You know what it translates to an English It's kind of a cool nickname. The cleaner, no way, look, the cleaner, spoonbucker.
Speaker 2: I bet it's actually schoon Mocker like that. I love it.
Speaker 4: We can call him schoon man to come together with your hands save you don't know, schoon man, spoon man. You know, spoon man.
Speaker 2: Don't you have no idea where Matt? Yeah, I'm I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's not that old. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It feels like it right now, I tell you that much. When we come back, take a chance on me. Nine players you would not normally start. Find out who they are? Would we come back? Nine players you would not only start, but you can this week for situations that are very unique and special. We begin with Matt Harrison. Who is your taking chance on me? Quarterback?
Speaker 3: It's Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: In one week Devido the Giants removed Daniel Jones as the starter, told everyone he'd be the third quarterback behind Tommy DeVito and Drew Locke, then signed another quarterback and cut Danny times. So the cutlet king can't wait to get back into a better matchup than ever because the Bucks are basically bottom five in every metric against quarterbacks. Last year, DeVito walked into a similar matchup against a really, really horrible Washington defense, and everybody remembers how bad they were last year.
Speaker 2: As the pack against historically bad.
Speaker 5: DeVito had his best game of his career in that game, two hundred and forty six yards and three scores.
Speaker 3: Put it down. He's gonna do it again.
Speaker 2: All right, you're taking chance on me?
Speaker 4: Quarterback Brian I got a Geno Smith at home versus the Cardinals, who haven't been getting shredded by opposing quarterbacks when it comes to fantasy stats. But Arizona might be getting lucky in that regard. The Cardinals own the fourth worst pressure rate in the league. That'll help Gino, and their completion rate against is nearly sixty nine percent, so those are good underlying numbers. I just think offenses have been falling short or coming up short at the goal line when it comes to the receiving game, and there's been a lot of rushing touchdowns that the Cardinals have been giving up. So shootout potential here for Gino. And for what it's worth, he has thrown for multiple scores in his last three against Arizona. This is the first meeting of the season though between these two teams.
Speaker 2: Geno Smith is your NFL passing leader.
Speaker 4: He was as of last week. I'm sure he's probably still probably still I'll take a look.
Speaker 2: Justin Herbert goes up against Baltimore.
Speaker 6: The old airfare Yeah, baby, it's kind of line finally reliably getting enough volume to be a fantasy producer.
Speaker 2: At the beginning of the year, it was just all running all the time. Now he's averaging ten more passes per game than he did in the first mon of the season as a result of the past five weeks. Air Bear quarterbacks six over the last five weeks. Meanwhile, Baltimore seeing the most passes per game thirty nine per game, Baltimore has allowed the most passing yards and the fourth most fantasy points to quarterbacks. Air Bear. Let's go to the running backs.
Speaker 5: Matt, I've got Bucky Irving in the last three games like it, Rashad White averaging thirty five snaps in about twelve opportunities per game. Bucky Irving in that same time, averaging twenty five snaps in about fourteen opportunities per game. So why isn't Bucky taking over the backfield? The answer is he's a terrible pass blocker. He's horrible at it. In PFF's pass block ratings, he's sucky. Irving is ranked seventy second and getting a dismal twenty four point four grade out of one hundred in true pass sets. That's why Rashad White is still on the field. But the way to beat the Giants is running right through them. They're allowing our league worst five point one yards per carry and the most combo yards, so it's looking more like an Irving game because they don't have to pass as much.
Speaker 3: He gets to take a chance on me.
Speaker 2: No, I'm with you on that. Not Bucky Irving is such a better runner than Rashad White. I have a theory that at some point you just got it. You just have to have him on the field more.
Speaker 5: They have to teach him how to pass block so he can become that next level runner.
Speaker 2: The catch is Rashad White, and I haven't looked on like a month, but back then Rashad White was like a running back sixty eight in pass block that.
Speaker 3: He wasn't much. I looked it up today, you did thirty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Brian, you're take a chance on me running.
Speaker 4: Back back to Gino real quick. Fourth in yards, but the three ahead cousins l Jacks, Burrow have played one more game, so well then yards per game. He is a leader. We're talking to my running back though was going to be my premature speculation, but he's been promoted to take a chance on me. Congratulations. Trey Benson the Arizona Cardinals, same game at Seattle. Before Arizona's bye last week. Benson was getting ramped up Arizona coming off their by in week eleven. His utilization score has basically become a full number, which is a good thing. Dwayne McFarland's utilization score in Fantasy Life, by the way, a great tool. It's a four now before it was like point two per Reference, James Connor is a seven point four. So Benson getting work and it's a good matchup. Seattle has been soft against the run, allowing nearly four point eight yards per carry. They've also surrendered the seventh highest successful run rate, and Arizona's offensive line has been plowing the opposition. They are fourth in adjusted yards before contact per attempt. Meanwhile, Seattle has allowed the fifth highest adjusted YBC per attempt at two point three two. So the stars are aligning for the whole care Cardinals backfield. So Benson will be viable.
Speaker 2: All right, Two more, two quick things on that backfield in Arizona. Number one, James Connor is still running great and God bless Oh no, no, knock on Connor. No, I know you're not okay. Trey Benson has looked fantastic the last couple of games, and way better than he looked at the beginning of the season, and his time's coming. I don't know when, because Connor is still really good, but for dynasty keeper Empire leagues, at some point Trey Benson's going to be good. I just don't know. Is that twenty twenty five, twenty twenty six, that part is unclear. I'm going deep with my take a chance on me running back Dylan Lowby. Dylan Lowby, if you don't know what team he plays for. That would be the Las Vegas Raiders, where Alexander Madison and Zamir White are expected to miss this game, which makes Dylan Lowby in a mire Abdullah as your probable starters for the Raiders. Lowbi's interesting. This is the rookie you don't know much about him. He can handle a bigger rushing workload than Abdullah Ken. Abdullah's really just a third down back, but like Abdullah, Lowby amazing receiver. That's like his best single trait as a receiver. Runners have had success through the air against Denver, this week's opponent. Over the last month. The average game for running backs against Denver seven catches sixty four yards, and the Broncos are an excellent pass defense, So the Raiders are going to have to run the ball at least some, if only for balance, and Dylan Lowby is probably the guy who's going to get a handful of touches here. It's a desperation play, for sure, but a plausible one. Desperate times sometimes on a sixteen by, Yeah, this might be desperate times.
Speaker 3: Matt.
Speaker 2: Let's go to your take a chance with your receiver.
Speaker 5: I've got the Giants. Darius Slayton, pairing him up with Tommy Cutlets.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 5: The bucks top two corners are Jamel Dean, who's on IR, and Zion McCollum, who hasn't practiced yet this week with a hamstring injury. That leaves Josh Hayes on one side with his one twenty six passer rating and maybe some Tyreek Thunderburkh a name I did not make up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got benched a few games ago, but maybe maybe back.
Speaker 5: Well the reason he was benched. He's allowed a perfect one point fifty eight point three passer rating in his coverage right perfect. Based on where Slayton lines up, he'd be on the field with both of those guys a Ton and in that aforementioned DeVito game against Washington last year where DeVito went off, Slayton had eighty two yards in a score. By the way, Malik Neighbors didn't practice on Friday. He's a game time decision with a groin injury, so it could be all systems go for Darius slat Darius Slayton.
Speaker 2: I like it, Brian, your take a chance from your receiver.
Speaker 4: It's so sad that I'm using Jalen Waddle at home versus at the Patriots. First, here are some wide receivers having a vastly better season than Jalen Waddle.
Speaker 2: You have time for This is a list of all of the receivers.
Speaker 4: It's abbreviated it's Truncatadory Wattle again for those who forgot. Basically a top thirty pick in the summer too, just arguably one of the biggest buffer overall. Yeah, Pop Douglas, Darius Slayton, Ray Ray McCleod better season than Jalen Wattle right now. But he is long overdue. That's all I can say. He's basically long overdue. And it's a decent matchup. Patriots allowing one hundred and sixty yards in one touchdown per game to wide receivers. If not now, when for Jalen Waddle, how about never? Yeah, well I'll never be on the board if it doesn't happen. He I can't argue if you dropped him already, but he's worth picking up again and starting this week, yes, and clearly if he doesn't pay off. Yeah, even if he has a good game, you could probably drop him, but just use him and abuse him.
Speaker 2: Might take a chance from the receivers Chargers Quinton Johnston. He's got a great matchup against Baltimore and their corner Brandon Stevens. Stevens grades, we're talking about Pro Football Focus grades. He's cornerback one hundred eleven. They are only six guys lower than Brandon Stevens. He's allowing an opposer passer rating of one hundred and thirteen, and the Ravens rank dead last in yards and fantasy points allowed to wide receivers. Clinton Johnston. Let's go back to the matchups, Matt Tampa Bay taking on the Giants. You already told us you like Bucky Irving in this game, and what letter grade do you have on Bucky Irving?
Speaker 3: I gotta be on him.
Speaker 2: What about Rashad White?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 5: Rashad White still getting a C in a very good matchup, and I talked a little bit about it in the prior segment there. So let's move on to the passing game where Evans. He's back. He practiced in full on Thursday. He's good to go. He saw about six targets per game this season and eight per game last year. Godwin was seeing about eight and a half targets per game, and by the way, in the three games that both Evans and Godwin were missing, Kate Oughton saw almost ten targets per game. The rest were spread out just to some other random dudes on their rosie.
Speaker 2: You can not be aware of this. We've we've gotten official FFW nickname.
Speaker 3: No, I know.
Speaker 5: I was just trying to get past it really quick because I don't know if I agree with.
Speaker 3: That for Cotten.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, Evans instantly pops back in and he's going to get at least eight targets per game. And if the Bucks want to get him to his eleventh consecutive one thousand yard season, he needs to average ninety five yards per game. I think that they're going to try to do it. If healthy is going to be a monster the rest of the year. I'm giving him an A grade here, and I mentioned Kate Oughton. He's downgraded a ton for this game, mostly because the Giants have been awesome. They had tight just a C grade this week. They have the best tight end defense in the league. Opposing tight end groups are averaging three catches thirty three yards per game as a position. Yeah, and they've only allowed one tight end score all year. Baker Mayfield, I'm given a B grade too. The Giants don't allow much through the air, but they haven't had an interception since Week one, and Baker is quietly averaging nineteen rushing yards per game this year. That's a helper, and the Giants have given up nineteen or more rushing yards to a quarterback in seven of ten games, and good quarterbacks like Mayfield are just putting up B level outings against the Giants. He'll cobble his way to a decent day.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 5: Going to the other side, Tommy DeVito was my take a chance on me quarterback. Darius Slayton was my take a chance on me wide receiver. But there's some other guys in the offense that you might want to consider, like Tyrone Tracy, who I'm.
Speaker 3: Giving an A grade Tracy here.
Speaker 5: I can't believe it either, but he's been their lead back for almost a month. And the Bucks are not great against opposing runners, allowing one hundred and forty two combo yards in a score per game to the position. A vast majority of that goes to Tracy.
Speaker 4: Do you like him enough to give him the trace? It's hard to do. The Fonzie with the ecy Tree. I can't. That's hard. It's impossible.
Speaker 3: Actually it might not be Tree.
Speaker 2: The other thing I like about trade, but the Bucks are getting killed through the air by running backs now, and Tracy's a converted wide receiver. They don't throw to him nearly as much as they should. But we know he can catch because he used to play wide receiver.
Speaker 3: He could see some DeVito dump offs this week.
Speaker 5: I did look back at Tommy DeVito's throwing habits to see if he had a favorite. Last year, he spread the ball all over top target getters in his starts included Wandale, Jalen Hyatt, Darius Slayton, all of which are still on the team, but he never had a Malik Neighbors before. If Neighbors is healthy and active, I'm gonna give him a B grade here, but he's that game time decision with the groin injury. Neighbors has ran a route on ninety six percent of the pass plays in games where he was active, and has had double digit targets and six of his last seven. And by the way, Wandale Robinson he's worth a seed dart as well, because safety Tikey Smith usually covers the slot and he's just been absolutely peppered with targets when an opponent has a capable slot guy. So it's a decent start for Onondale Robinson as well.
Speaker 2: All Right, love it. That's Tampa Bay against the Giants. When we come back, a big block of matchups for you, including New England at Miami. Is Drake May the quarterback you pivot to in a six week by sixteen by week And it's possible we'll find out more about Drake May when we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Charchy and Matt Harrison and Brian Johnson with you. If you haven't joined the Guillotine League. We're still making new ones. This is deep into the season as we've ever been making new Guillotine leagues, and lots of people are still joining them. Seven weeks of hot chopping action left.
Speaker 3: How many more weeks are they going to be open?
Speaker 2: By all? Quite a way? So, I mean, you know, if people want to play with like four teams, we're probably gonna letch that.
Speaker 4: So and for those wondering, like, oh, there was a game on Thursday night, you still draft those players? You're only gonna want to draft Nick Chubb, but a great, great pick. It all counts. The Thursday night results count. Yeah, you can move him in and out of your starting lineup up until lock on Sunday. So uh yeah, we draft a new team.
Speaker 2: New England takes on Miami. Brian we teased the last segment, Drake May has played pretty darn good ball considering he's got he's missing six offensive linemen. You're basically going to work offensive lineman seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven in this thing.
Speaker 3: He had the worst offensive line in.
Speaker 5: The league though, So yeah, that's is it much of a loss?
Speaker 4: Drake May has more rushing yards than Zach Moss, who is hurt. But Zach Moss played but Zack Moss played eight games. Drake May's played like five and a half games, and he's accumulated more rushing yard than Zach.
Speaker 2: I think people did not realize the wheels that Drake May has got and the fact that he has to scramble for his life every single play. Let's talk about him against Miami. A sneaky good pass defense.
Speaker 4: They are, and that's why he's borderline bench. But his rushing floor, he's established a safe rushing floor. That's why I can give him a C. Had the third most completions among all quarterbacks last week. Was might take a chance on me quarterback. By the way, I think those are a peacock there, But uh yeah, a tough matchup, like you said, But the Dolphins have allowed multiple passing scorers and three of their last four games, so I'll give him a a C. I don't like any of the wide receivers, as I didn't last week when I said bench kseh on booty and you you gave me a lot of crap for that charge. I said, bench booty di Mario Douglass and Jalen Polk and guess who scored the touchdown, Taekwon Thornton. So you don't know what the hell you're getting with these Patriots wide receivers. They're all on the bench for me. I do like your booty charge, but I'm not starting him this week. I will start Hunter Henry the we gets to see he was quiet in the first meeting. I should have mentioned that this is the second meeting. The first one was a thrilling fifteen to ten victory by the Dolphins. They were quarterbacked by Tyler Huntley in that game. By the way, we'll get there in a second. But Henry Quiet in the first meeting, but Drake May was not the starter in that game. He and Henry Drake Man that is are clicking as of late, so Hunter is worth the start. The Dolphins have only surrendered two tight end touchdowns, but they are allowing six catches, six catches and fifty yards per game to the position. Lastly, for the Patriots, we'll talk about Ramandre Stevenson. Not a great offensive line in New England, but Stevenson is a borderline belcow. Eight point two utilizations score last week. That is great. He's taken more than seventy percent of the offensive snaps and four straight games he's gotten every carry inside the five for three straight so there will be volume. And it's a good matchup against the Dolphins, who are allowing more than one hundred and twenty five combo yards per game to running backs and they've surrendered the sixth most total touchdowns to the position. So again, a B for Ramandre over to the Dolphins side, an A for Devin a Chan. The Patriots allowing one hundred and forty convo yards and one whole touchdown per game to opposing running backs we could have a very big game here, could have a big game. He left the first game early. I only had total four touches. Got hurt in that one, but I hopefully that does not happen again. Tyreek Hill gets an a. The Patriots run the third most man coverage in the league. Hill leads the Dolphins with a thirty percent first red target share and a fifty percent air yard share against man coverage, also averaging two point three yards per route run. That means he's sitting on a monster game here should be with two a back at quarterback again. Again it was Tyler Huntley in the first game. Hill had six catches for sixty nine scoreless yards in the first game. Very rare to not score when you hit sixty nine. But Hill will hopefully score in this game. Hopefully Jalen Waddle scores too. That's why US might take a chance with me wide receiver. And of course, loosen your belt, charge John new Smith. You gotta talk John new Smith.
Speaker 2: We'll talk more about John who later in this show.
Speaker 4: Just to see this week though he is startable. I mentioned the man coverage bit earlier in how the Pats deploy it at an incredibly high clip John who is averaging two point three yards per route run against all coverage, but against man he's under a yard, so he struggles a little bit against man. But I'm still starting him in the wasteland. He was targeted first times in the in the first meeting, had five catches for sixty two yards. That feels like a safe floor, hopefully for John Hu.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a revenge game, too, right it is?
Speaker 2: It is a revenge Gmail, although forty dollars, so I feel pretty good about it.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's a Patriots revenge game exactly.
Speaker 4: And two I do like too, obviously a b for him. Patriots have allowed multiple passing touchdowns and three of their last four only the bust, the ultimate bust of the rookie quarterback class. Caleb Williams failed to hit that mark Kent.
Speaker 2: City takes on the Panthers for Travis Kelcey and Noah Grace stole the show last week, but Kelsey has been very heavily involved in basically every other game since Rashid Rice went down. Panthers have a lot five tight end scores in the last four games. Kelsey is an a staying with the passing game. DeAndre Hopkins just to see here, even against the Panthers, and he is touchdown dependent. He has scored in just one Chiefs game and averaging in the other games. When he does not score, he's giving you three catches for twenty eight yards on average. That's awful and that's how you lose games. Panthers secondary much improved. No opposing wide receiver has scored since Week six on Carolina. What are we even talking about here? Only one receiver's top fifty one yards in three games against Carolina. DeAndre Hopkins again almost put him on the bench, but I've got a C grade on him, a SE grade on Xavier Worthy, who's as volatile as any player in fantasy football. And as I just mentioned, the Panthers secondary is better than you probably think. Worthy scored last week, but as a reminder, the prior two weeks he combined for one catch for eleven yards. So Worthy super super high risk, but I'm still throwing a C grade on him. And that brings us to Patrick Maho Holmes, who has become matchup proof, but in the wrong way. No matchup is too easy for Mahomes to put up an explosive game, which he never does. Anymore. He's got one start better than QB ten this year.
Speaker 5: The growing hate of charge against Mahomes is just every week it's enjoyable to watch. It's gonna bite you in the butt someday.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I don't think it's this game.
Speaker 2: The explosiveness completely missing from the Chiefs offense. Patrick mahomes average depth of target over the last month drops all the way down to twenty sixth in the league. He's at about six yards. Carolina's pass defense has gotten good, as I mentioned, over the last five games. They're giving up two hundred and twenty eight passing yards per game. That is decent. So Mahomes just a B grade here. Kareem Hunt locks in with an A grade because Isaiah Pacheco will not play in this game. This is Hunt's final start right here. The Panthers are predictably bad against the run. Nine of ten opposing teams have had runners score or time one hundred and fifty yards. Let's go to the Carolina Sidecheba Hubbard has been fantastic this season, but this is the toughest matchup of his year. Kansas City ranks number one in rushing yards allowed to running backs, at fifty two per game. No back has topped fifty eight rushing yards all year, and that includes some good players, so just dud games, including James Cook being held to twenty yards last week, although he did get rushing touchdowns on top of everything else. Kansasity doesn't give up any pass receptions to back, so Tuber Hubbins is not going to help you there either. Just a C grade for him. Segrade for Xavier Lagett, who runs from the outside, will have some opportunities to face backup cornerback Nazi Johnson. He's been pressed into service the past two games and he's given up a touchdown and his seventy five percent completion rate. Both of Kansas City's outside cornerbacks are small, and Lagett has five inches and thirty pounds on both guys, which gives him a contested catch mismatch. So Liget comes in with the Sea and lastly, the last guy that you can about, Jatavian Sanders in a six team bye week is a plausible starter here. In the previous two Panthers games before last week's by he saw a major upticking usage and the Chiefs have been bad against the tight end position all year. They're horrible early. They've got a little better lately, but still in the past two games, Adam Krautman and Dawson Knox posted decent game, so you could start Jatavian Sanders in a pinch, all right, matt Our. Final matchup of this segment, Denver taking on the Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bo Nicks had his first multi score game in Week five against these Raiders.
Speaker 2: It all changed right there for him.
Speaker 3: It sure did.
Speaker 5: Since then, he's thrown multiple touchdown passes in four of his six games, including three, zero, seven and four last week against the Falcons. Now he gets the Raiders again, who've allowed multiple scores in each of the last three games. Let's see if I can do this in pig Latin. Oh day ix nay obey x, nay e hey etsgay and a eight.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 2: It's anay great for Bonex.
Speaker 4: Let me give you a quick mixed stat He leads the NFL in total pass attempts of twenty plus air yards. His turnover worthy throw rate on those deep balls is the lowest among twenty nine qualifiers.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: It's great. Yeah, Bonix Thor is.
Speaker 3: Rolling over in his grave.
Speaker 2: It's killing him right, Yeah, sure.
Speaker 5: Courtland Sutton quietly wide receiver fourteen on the season, topped six catches and seventy yards in each of the last four games, added a couple hundred yard games in that span. He's Nick's his favorite target, facing a secondary where each of the top three corners is on the injury report with a questionable tag this week. The Raiders have actually been pretty good against wide receivers, but Sutton still gets an A grade here.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Devon Vele is an intriguing dart throw, but he's just sharing too many targets with Lil Jordan Humphrey, Troy Franklin, Marvin Mims. They're all involved. There's just too many cooks to start one of them frustratingly involved.
Speaker 2: They're just sharing evenly. We need somebody to step up and become the number two wide receiver in dondew.
Speaker 3: Vele is slowly starting to do that.
Speaker 5: He had five targets last week, so maybe it's coming. Javonte Williams and Oudric Estime, let's talk about these two. Was the Odric estimate big Week ten usage? Just a shot across the bow at Javonte Williams might have been It might have been Williams return to getting almost triple the snaps his estimate, but he only led an opportunities. That's rushing attempts plus targets fourteen to nine. It's a decent matchup and I'd like to start one of them, but only if there were one of them. But since there's two of them, they're both on the bench. Dylan Lowby was a charge just take a chance on me runner, and Alexander Madison is out. Zamir White is looking doubtful, so Amir Abdullah could get some extra touches here, but I'm kind of with chart.
Speaker 3: I like Lowby here.
Speaker 5: Brock Bauers has faced these Broncos before and wasn't scared at all eight for ninety seven in a score in his first meeting, and he's coming off sixteen targets, thirteen receptions, one hundred and twenty six yards and a touchdown last week. And he was also tackled at the one last week as well, so it could have been two scores. He's the best tight end in football in an A grade. Gardner Minshew put up decent stats last week against the Dolphins two eighty two and two in that game. Much of that to Bowers, but he struggled in the first meeting with Denver, only one thirty seven in a score, and then he got pulled for Aidan O'Connell, which is why I'm leaving Jacoby Myers and every other passing option on the bench, including Minshew. They could have Patrick certain just shadow Myers this time around.
Speaker 2: They should.
Speaker 3: He didn't do it.
Speaker 5: In Week five, last meeting, Myers was targeted nine times, got six catches for seventy two yards in that one. But when Cirtan has shadowed a player, it's been over. DK Metcalf, George Pickens, Mike Evans, and Garrett Wilson all saw about eighty percent coverage versus Cirtan. They averaged four targets, three receptions and twenty nine scoreless yards.
Speaker 3: And those guys are better than Jacoby.
Speaker 2: So back then in the first meeting, though Devanta Adams is still on the team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think he was playing at that time.
Speaker 2: But maybe not. Yeah, maybe that was the ham string injury. Sure was of dion of Adam's season.
Speaker 5: So I'd shadow Myers with Certan and then bracket Bowers if I was the decordinator for Denver and see if Trey Tucker can beat you.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's going to happen. So that's it. That is it? All right? We've got a couple of minutes before we take our break. Do you believe? Oh and by the way, let me mention this about bon Nix. Both of the Raiders' starting cornerbacks have been ruled out of this game, Jacry and Bennett Nate Hobbs out. Bon Nicks is my number three ranked quarterback this week.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 2: I would come to this for bon Nicks. He's turned into one of the safest.
Speaker 4: I gave him an A last week.
Speaker 3: I gave him an A wee.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It's automatic as right.
Speaker 3: Pig Latin though, so you might not have understood it.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't. I didn't. I phased that out. We stopped listening.
Speaker 2: There's so many amazing tools at fantasylife dot com. I love the Utilization tool, which Brian has mentioned already. I keep it open on my desktop all day, really, all season long. Tons of stories, both free and premium. You get a lot of great guillotine content. Believe my rankings for guillotine specific use available at Fantasy Life as well. And because you listen to the show, you get to listen to Fantasy You get to buy the premium version of Fantasy Life at twenty percent off. FFW twenty is the promo code for that FFW twenty for all of the premium content you would like at a twenty percent discount. Would we come back? Three tough questions? You can play along with our guests when we return hour number two of Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Jargi and Matt Harrison, Brian Johnson with you. This is a game we call three tough Question.
Speaker 4: Tough Question number one.
Speaker 2: As a dynasty asset or Empire league, we love Empire. Sure as a dynasty or Empire asset, is Cincinnati running back Chase Brown a top five running back, top ten running back, Top fifteen running back or lower? We begin with Matt Harrison.
Speaker 5: Well, I looked at my own dynasty rankings and I currently have him as RB seventeen. But he's in a cluster with some interesting names like Josh Jacobs, Jonathan Brooks from Andre Stevenson, and there's a couple of guys above him that are a little older, like Joe Mixon and David Montgomery. Maybe James Cook that I could see swapping them with. But here's the guys I have above him that I just like a ton better, Bijon Gibbs, CMC, Saquon Breisee, Kyron Taylor Walker, Henry h Chan.
Speaker 3: That's ten.
Speaker 5: So the knock the Bengals could have a new coaching staff next year. I think it's possible Zach Moss could return and gobble up half the carries. Again, I'll still throw him in the top fifteen. He's right around that thirteen to seventeen cluster of guys.
Speaker 2: All right, Brian as a dynasty or empire asset, is Chase Brown a top five running back, top ten running back, top fifteen running back or lower?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I essentially had the same list of guys that Matt had that are ahead of Brown, So he's just clinging inside the top fifteen. He'd be pushing the top ten for me more. But he just wasn't like a blue chip, elite prospect coming out of the draft last year. He's also twenty four years old, which is kind of old for a second year running back, but he's still young overall. I asked thor Now, no one was you know high on Chase Brown? Come out. I asked Thor what his player comp was and he said, Miles Gaskin, And this is at knock on Thor. I respect Thor's opinion more than anybody, but just I don't know. The verdicts still out on Chase Brown for me to put him inside the top ten. But man, he looks great right now.
Speaker 2: So Miles Gaskin had a couple of moments.
Speaker 4: That's true. That's true.
Speaker 2: Well, but I like about Thor when he does his player comps.
Speaker 4: Oh please, I'm not knocking Thor. Don't get this run, but I don't even texting me later all upset.
Speaker 2: What Thori does with this player comps that I like is he doesn't automatically comp everybody to Hall of famers, which is all the time in the college football industry.
Speaker 4: But I mean in Brown, he was only at a fourth, fifth round pick, so yeah, he wasn't an elite prospect. A little concerned that you guys.
Speaker 2: Are so wrong about Chase Brown. He is good from remember Week four, which was a long time ago. No, I don't Week four to today. Do you guys know where Chase Brown is in running back scoring? Top eight, Top four? He's running back four since Week four, You guys have missed the boat on this. He does not get touchdown snipe by his quarterback. Brown plays for a workhorse head coach Zach Taylor, who ran Joe Mixon as a workhorse for years, and as I can it is there's a dynasty question. I'm not trading my twenty four year old sophomore running back for Derrick Henry, Of course not. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 4: Who said you're gonna do that?
Speaker 3: If you're competitive right now? I don't know why you would too old?
Speaker 2: Because I'm getting quarter because I'm getting running back four out of my young guy. Why would I trade him for guys like Derrick Henry, Saquon Barkley, Joe Mixon, Josh Jacobs, Alvin Kamara, Guys with a thousand more carries, way deeper into their careers that could end anytime they anytime they at any moment, those guys could fall off the cliff. Here are the only players, and I've got this is a personal question. I've got Chase Brown in our Empire League.
Speaker 3: These are all personal questions this week.
Speaker 2: They are this week, They're all charge questions. Here are the players I would accept to trade for with Chase Brown. To give up Chase Brown off my roster, Jami or Gibbs, b John Robinson, Kenneth Walker, Breeshall. I considered Breeshall. That's the only other one you considered Breas. I would consider Breese Hall. Okay, But who's my Jet's quarterback next year? I don't know. Here's what I know. You said eight Chan No no chance, not even close. No chance I would trade for a chant Chase Brown. Here's the thing I love about Chase Brown in his future.
Speaker 4: With James Cook.
Speaker 2: No chance, No, absolutely not. His quarterback steals his touchdowns. He's a part time guy, Chase Brown. I get twenty carries and touches a game, a twenty touches a game, and they have a Joe Burrow led offense, it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be good. He's had two games with twenty plus carries and they've had been in the last three weeks.
Speaker 2: The rest of the total touches, I am those are the guys. Top five running back, Chase Brown.
Speaker 3: Tough question.
Speaker 2: Brian's leaving for the rest of the year is San Francisco wide receiver Juwan Jennings A wide receiver one, A wide receiver two, flex or bench.
Speaker 4: We begin with Brian, you can draft Chase Brown with a top five running back and then start up dynast to the guy. Doubt that anyway, On to the next question.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Louly, you guys are well, I might not have to because people like you try to pass on him and I'm gonna get him later.
Speaker 5: You asked him with the Dynasty asset value though, right, yeah, he doesn't have that value because he doesn't have that name value.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have that cache.
Speaker 4: He's going to score those points for my team, all right, Jawan Jennings, Well, now we got this brock party shoulder issue which kind of muddies the waters a little bit. Let's pretend he's okay.
Speaker 2: Let's assume that that's a one week issue, Yes, for this week only, in that we don't have to worry about brock Purty going forward past Sunday's game.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's do that. So in the three games played Jennings three games played without Brandon Aiyuk or Deebo Samuel on the field, he has a forty two percent first red target share from brock Purty. For reference, Malik Neighbors is the only other player above a forty percent clip in that rate, so he gets Purdy's attention a lot. Jennings averaging more point more PPR points per route run than Justin Jefferson this season. My only reason I'm not giving him a wide receiver one grade here is there are mouths to feed still in Christian McCaffrey, George Tittle. I still respect Deebo Samuels, So that's the only trepidation I have there. So I'm saying wide receiver two for Jennings moving forward.
Speaker 2: All right, Matt Juwan Jennings going forward to wide receiver one, Wide receiver two flex or bench rest of your let's just dumb this way way away down all good that maybe I'll understand it.
Speaker 5: He's currently wide receiver twelve and PPR points per game. He's in the same neck of the woods as cdee Lamb, Jayden Reed, DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin. That's a wide receiver one. If he stays healthy the rest of the year, there's no reason he can't continue that target share should be there. He's a wide receiver one the rest of the way.
Speaker 2: My Jwan Jennings, I have Jennings rostered in so many leagues. Yeah, that my Jwan Jennings collection is bigger than Matt Harrison's ever growing collection of sensual beanie babies. A ninety five percent route rate in his last two games taking over. Since taking over, since Brandon, I'll show you later that right, you've got one on you, perhaps under few of them on or under Okay, say what you want about Pro Football Focus. Some love it, some hate it. Right now, Jennings is ranked as wide receiver five by Pro Football Focus, behind Nico Collins, AJ Brown, T Higgins, and Son God. That's the people we're talking about here. Now. Jennings has started three games, three full games as a starter. It was like Week three and then then these past two weeks. His average finish there is wide receiver three on the season. Now, some of what makes John Jennings great translates directly to fantasy points. He's second in mistackles per reception, strong and physical, all the contested catches. He has an eighty percent catch rate on balls thrown to him. He's averaging a full touchdown per start this year. So John Jennings going forward, Wide receiver one.
Speaker 4: Tough question number three.
Speaker 2: Rest of year, Which Dolphin will score more Fantasy points? Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 4: You can't even get this ound without laughing, Johnny Smith.
Speaker 5: When I read the third tough question, I just laughed and I was like, charge, you need some positive reinforcement this week?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: Who was the bad man hurt?
Speaker 2: You charge?
Speaker 3: The last two weeks?
Speaker 5: Tyrek and John who have almost the same numbers twelve targets each, ten catches for Hill, nine for John O. Two scores apiece John who has about seventy more yards though, but Tyreek Hill is playing through a torn ligament in his wrist, and if the Dolphins lose two more games, they're effectively out of the playoff race. Yeah, they could just sit Tyreek the rest of the season, but you know who won't sit the best flag football coach in Miami, John UJOHNU, You feel better now?
Speaker 3: Haven't you heard this?
Speaker 5: He's been coaching his son's flag football team like every stop of the way, and they won the championship. Like everywhere he goes, he wins championships as a youth flag football coach.
Speaker 2: I did not know that time. Yeah, all right, so one answer so far, JOHNU. Smith, Let's see you can go get two in Brian.
Speaker 4: Well, this is your time to shine clearly, so I'll just tee this up for you, say, Tyreek Hill, now take it away. Tell me why I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, First of all, depending on your scoring system right now on the season, these two are basically neck and neck. It depends on if your PPR, if you're not PPR, but they're effectively tied through this point of the season. In terms of top ten finishes this year, Tyreek Hill has one top ten finish. John oh has three top thirty finishes or worse thirty finishing as thirtieth or worse at your position. Tyreek Hill has five of those, John who only has three. Now going forward, the schedule for these guys about the same. Tyreek has two strongly positive matchups left John who's got three smash spots left. Hill, in fairness, has had four straight decent games in these last four to tuas start since TUA came back. They've all been good, good, non explosive games. Hill has been hit and miss. The correct answer is Tyreek Hill. I can't say I'm happy about it. There you go.
Speaker 3: Wait what I didn't I wasn't even paying attention anymore.
Speaker 5: I I just figured it was it was clicked, you double clicked on John Euan it was over.
Speaker 4: But no, that was like an m night Shyamalan And.
Speaker 2: That's right, exactly exactly. Let's go to uh our on one matchup we're going to do in this segment, and that's the Arizona Cardinals taking on the Seattle Seahawks. Brian, you already told us you like Trey Benson. If you like Trey Benson at a starting level, you must love James Connor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gets an A. But I gotta throw this stat out there. I think you he's like you gotta smash him into daily daily lineups as well. He'll be somewhat pricey, but worth it. He's Connor been awesome this year, ranked second and miss tackles forced per attempt nearly a third of his carries. He's forcing at least one mistackle. Meanwhile, meanwhile, the Seahawks own the worst clip in that category. UH Seattle also seventh in yards allowed before contact per attempt, nearly two point five yards. I already mentioned how the O line is this road grading the opposition though a James and as you mentioned, Benson might take a chance on me running back back or over to the passing game. Another A This time for Trey McBride, Eric Salbert and the duo of Davis Allen in Hunter Long did little damage to Seattle over the last two games from the tight end position. But here are the tight ends who faced the Seahawks prior to that. Kyle Pitts seven catches sixty five yards, Dalton Knox, Dalton Kincaid combined for six eighty one in a touchdown. George Kittle five catches fifty eight yards, two touchdowns. McBride certainly in that tier, if not above, So he gets an a Marvin Harrison junior over to the wide receivers just to see been pretty much a bust based on expectations. But he's been one of the most doubled wide receivers in the league this season. And it's not like Arizona is short on weapons where I think it's double right, but he is getting doubled. Matchup wise somewhat neutral Seattle allowing one hundred and forty four yards per game. That's okay, but the Seahawks have surrender surrendered eleven scores to the wide receiver position. That's more than one per game. So Harrison is started with the C Michael Wilson he's on the bench, though not like him in this game. I would take a look at him in daily though. Consider his shootout potential here. That's why Kyler Murray gets a B. Been playing great, but not a great matchup on paper. Seattle is not allowed at QB one finished since week six, but there aren't many other better options than Kyler out there, so you can definitely start them with confidence with a B. Over to the Seahawks side, starting with Kenneth Walker, he gets an A. I mentioned that stat with James Connor, he was second in miss tackles for US per attempt. Kenneth Walker is first in that category, and the Cardinals are surrendering one hundred and fifty combo yards per game to running backs. Enough said, easy A for Kenneth Walker too. DK Metcalf B for him. Metcalf has scored in just one of his last five games against the Cardinals, and no it wasn't the most recent, but again, Metcalf a solid start in what should be a shootout. I'm not starting Tyler Lockett with Metcalf back in the lineup, but I am going to start Jackson Smith and Jigba JSN gets a B now has two consecutive weeks as a top ten wide receiver under his belt. One of those games was with DK in the lineup, one was without, So he can do it under both circumstances, it seems. And Arizona has struggled against slot wide receivers over the last five surrendering the seventh most PPR points per game. So I really like JSN again with a B. And lastly, Gino Smith might take a chance on mean quarterback. And if you're wondering about Ady J. Barner, you're not starting immitate end No, I bet anyone is. No.
Speaker 2: Well you shouldn't anyway.
Speaker 4: But our good friend who does the you know the rights out every he always knocks us or leaving a player off. So I'm making sure to remember everybody AJ Barner bench.
Speaker 2: Well next week when we have a full slight of teams. You can't do that. No, no, you can't do that definitely, Which is all right. When we come back, Vikings taking on the Bears, and we'll tell you what to do about the San Francisco forty nine ers without rock Party. Who are you going to be starting now in a tricky matchup at Green Bay? Lots of ramifications and dominoes that are going to fall in weird ways. With branded Allen's you're starting quarterback for the San Francisco forty nine ers. I bet they wish they still had Sam Tarnold. Stay tuned.
Speaker 7: Fantasy Football Weekly continues in moments.
Speaker 2: Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Jarchie and Matt Harrison and Brian Johnson with you. The Vikings take go on the Bears on Sunday in Chicago.
Speaker 4: When's the last time the Vikings played in Minnesota. I know they had a quote unquote home game that was in London, but now I don't know.
Speaker 2: It feels like it's been a long time.
Speaker 3: The Detroit three weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Was it the Detroit game?
Speaker 3: No, they played the Colts at home?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, I think that was Okay, I think that was it. Vikings take on the Bears in Chicago, third of three straight road games for Minnesota. Let's start with Justin Jefferson. A fascinating matchup.
Speaker 3: Nor.
Speaker 2: You know, obviously you're gonna keep starting the as an A grade, but Matty Eberflus could decide that he's going to put star cornerback Jalen Johnson on Jefferson either man on man or as part of a bracket, and that would change Jefferson's outlook quite a bit. Now, Iberflus doesn't normally do this, but I don't know. You made Jalen Johnson like the third highest paid cornerback in the league, so wouldn't it be for times like this? In his coverage, Johnson only allows one and a half catches per game. Johnson gave up a sixty yard reception to Christian Watson last week, but that was something involved him tripping, and you know there was something weird in that one, and that's highly unusual for him. Still, Jefferson's an a I'm I'm keeping him in a until further notice. But still the possibility of a down ish game is there. With Jalen Johnson sticking with the receivers. Jordan Addison comes in with a C grade here. Again, Jalen Johnson could go on Jefferson a bunch and that would put Addison on Tyreek Stevenson and or Kyler Gordon, who are well. Kyler Gordon's good, Stevenson's very inconsistent, and Addison could end up in a good spot. He rescored in two of the last three games. But he only averages three catches per game, which makes Addison very touchdown dependent, which is not ideal since Chicago's only all had six touchdowns to wideouts all year. That is the third fewest across the full league. So I've only got the C grade on Jordan Addison in this one. Staying with the passing game, TJ. Hockinson comes in with a B grade. I tempted to make him an A. He's already getting a lot of playing time and the injury to Josh Oliver means that he can be on the field like almost every snap at this point. For TJ. Hockinson. Chicago hasn't allowed a tight end score since way back in Week one, but they are giving up plenty of yards, including recent big games to Evan Ingram zach Ertz and Austin Hooper. Be great.
Speaker 4: The body's got to be ready for TJ. Right play a full game. The body the body, primarily the knee.
Speaker 2: But I like Jesse venture At, who do they call the body? Got you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? The body? TJ.
Speaker 2: Howkinson What Aaron Jones man? I struggled with this one a lot. It has been a rough month for Aaron Jones. Four straight underwhelming games. Three of those four less than three point one yards per carry, which is not good now. Fortunately, Jones continues to get a very high work load, so the opportunities are there for Jones. Chicago's a neutral run defense, although the recent loss of defensive tackle Andrew Billings has made them slightly more vulnerable lately. Jones should get a lot of work. The Bears are way better pass defense than they are run defense. I can only get you to a C grade on Aaron Jones based on the guy that we've seen lately. Let's go to the Bear side where there's not a lot to like.
Speaker 4: Here, So you omitting Sam Donald does get Sam?
Speaker 2: No, sorry please, Sam Donald C grade coming off his best game since September, but he faces a very good Chicago pass defense, giving up less than one touchdown pass per game. Nine of ten opposing passers have thrown zero or one touchdown against Chicago. There's just not a lot of upside for Donald against the top five secondary and top ten pass rush that they've got as well. Thank you for the catch on that problem.
Speaker 4: You know I got it, you got absolutely Donald.
Speaker 2: Vikings off run defense is trending towards historic levels and we're putting DeAndre Swift on the bench. He's nursing a groin injury. We don't know for sure that he's going to play in this game or that will finish this game. Groin injuries aggravate easily.
Speaker 3: I got one from the Beanie babies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have right, exactly. You know what I'm talking about. Swift snaperaates shrunk to its lowest level of the year, just fifty four percent last week. We're and talk more about that in a minute. Maybe it's just a one week blip, or perhaps the start of a trend. We don't know quite yet. But what we do know is the Vikings are brutal matchup. They rank number one in run defense success rate, number one in defensive rush EPA, number two in yards per carry, number two in rushing yards allowed, number three in yards before contact, number three, and yards after contact. It's all bad news for DeAndre Swift. He's on the bench this week. The guy that is not on the bench DJ Moore C grade. But that's it. He's the only only letter grade I've got for you among all the Bears, like many of the Bears, coming up of his best game in several weeks. Hopefully that continues here despite four prior horrifying box scores for DJ Moore, more runs from all over the field. That means he's going to see all the Vikings cornerbacks, and really none of them are very daunting. The Vikings three starting cornerbacks rank as cornerbacks forty, cornerback eighty six, and quarterback ninety two in coverage by Pro Football Focus. They combine to allow six touchdowns, so there's an opportunity for DJ Moore to put together back to back decent games. As for the other receivers, Keenan Allen's basically dead. He has scored in one game, has in topped forty four yards all year. Forty four is nothing. A Roma Dune's a nudging towards fantasy viability, but he's scored in just one game, and I think he's just a dart throw in this one. I don't love him, but you could do worse in a six team bye week. Still, I don't have a letter grade on Roma dunsday. He's on the bench, all right, So where does that leave Caleb Williams bench grade coming off arguably the best game of his career, which will credit him for but that's a pretty low bar, and the Vikings have generally handled third tier quarterbacks like Caleb Williams. Over the last three weeks, Joe Flacco, Mac Jones will Levis have combined for one passing touchdown against Minnesota. The Vikings blitz constantly, and Williams completes just seventy one percent of his passes when under pressure, with an average throw of just four point eight yards. Caleb's coming off a game with a career high nine designed rushing attempts, and that's promising. But Minnesota ranks number one in quarterback rushing yards allowed at get this six yards per game allowed on the ground to opposing quarterbacks. That's it. Caleb Williams on the bench. Our next matchup San Francisco taking on the Green Bay Packers. Matt no brock perty is the headline of this game.
Speaker 5: Yes, Sad brock Purty out with a shoulder injury. Brandon Allen will get the start on Sunday in Green Bay. Allen hasn't played a game since twenty twenty one and hasn't had meaningful playing time since twenty twenty. He had one great game for the Bengals in week sixteen of twenty twenty was against the Texans. He threw for three hundred and seventy one yards and two scores, but his other starts in the league have been lackluster, like two seventeen and one, one point fifty three to one. And then the Packers, they're kind of a mysterious quarterback defense. They've let Will Levis have a career day and Trevor Lawrence threw for three to Zho eight and two. Then they shut down guys like Jared Goff, CJ Stroud, and Kyler Murray. But I like what Kyle Shanahan does with QBS, and I'm gonna roll with Brandon Allen as a C grade. I just picked him up in a league where I was going to be forced to start Caleb Williams. Okay, So I'm gonna go Brandon Allen over Caleb Williams. This week, George Kittle is back. That's got to help Brandon Allen out. The Packers can't be happy about that, because in the last three meetings with Green Bay, he's averaging seventy nine yards per game. The only top ten tight ends the Packers have faced this year were Trey McBride and Evan Ingram both topped thirteen PPR points. Probably would have been an A for Kittle. I'll downgrade it to a B with Allen under center, but it's still a good matchup. I noted that Kittle had great history against green Bay. Deebo Samuel is the complete opposite. In five career games against green Bay, He's averaging two point eight receptions for forty three yards in his games against the Packers. Either green Bay just sells up to stop him or the Niners just have other ways to beat the Packers.
Speaker 3: So just to see for debo.
Speaker 5: But if Allen goes short a lot, Deebo could be more involved, and they could get him involved in the run game too. Juwan Jennings, I'm gonna leave him as an A grade though. Wow with Alan, Even with Alan in the two games since returning ten and eleven targets, twenty eight percent target share and a pair of games over ninety yards, plus Jayir Alexander dealing with a knee issue. He's probably gonna miss some time, so that leaves the rhyming corners of Carrington Valentine and Corey Ballentine and Keishawn Nixon to cover him. Those are A plus plus plus matchups for Jennings, so he'll top one hundred and score in this game. Even with Brandon Allen. I think Christian McCaffrey, he's an A grade nineteen and twenty three touches in his first two games back. He's back to belcow status might even get more this week with Allen under the center.
Speaker 4: It's a pretty incredible the workload that, I mean, we all assume mccaffe was going to walk into fifty percent, right like when he came back, like Jordan Mason will.
Speaker 2: Still be so much five point two yards per carry.
Speaker 5: And I actually thought that they wouldn't bring him back unless he was completely healthy, which one definitely, but they did and now he's just their guy again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he's still one game. I thought they would have rammed him up, but anyway, they did not.
Speaker 5: I mean the one game they ramped him up, they gave him nineteen touch No. I know, he's the here's a let's go to the other side, the packer's side. Here's how bad wide receiver is as a whole.
Speaker 3: This year.
Speaker 5: Jayden Reid is wide receiver seven in PPR leagues. He's averaging four point nine targets. I had three point eight receptions per game for sixty four receiving yards and he only has five touchdowns. Yeah, that's wide receiver seven in fantasy football. Romeo Dobbs actually averages more targets per game Dontavian Wicks and Christian Watson. They're not far behind in the target share. We said at the beginning of the year the Packers wide receivers is going to be a guessing game all year. They still are, and the nine secondary's fantastic. It got better with the return of Charvarius Ward this week. They've only allowed three wide receiver touchdowns in their last eight games, and only three.
Speaker 3: Of those three.
Speaker 5: One of them was last week against Jackson Smith in JIGBA. He got ten for one ten. Jayden Reid runs eighty percent of his routes from the slot. That's where JSN ran from, so he gets the c start any of the other Packers receivers at your own risk. Tucker Craft should remain on the bench. He threw up a goose egg in only one target last week in Chicago. Tougher matchup this week. Niners are allowing an average of four catches and thirty five yards to the position, and I have only allowed two tight end scores all year.
Speaker 3: Jordan Love gets a C grade.
Speaker 5: I didn't really like the receivers, and the Niners are top eight in passing yards and passing scores allowed. Only two quarterbacks have hit the two to fifty yard mark against San Francisco this year. Two have hit the two touchdown pass mark. Not one has hit three touchdowns in a game. The one thing Love will have going for him, Nick will be out for this week for the Niners.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then finally, Josh Jacobs, He's still a bellcow. Don't worry about Marshawn Lloyd looming his average. He's averaging seventeen and a half attempts per game on the season, and it's been closer to nineteen in the last month. He's topped one hundred combo yards in three straight. He scored four times in his last four games, averages about three catches per game. The Niners run defense hasn't been nearly as scary this year. They have allowed the eleventh most touchdowns and the tenth most running back receptions.
Speaker 3: And Jacobs gets a B grade.
Speaker 5: He should see a ton of usage in this game, especially in the receiving game. I think he'll have a good day there.
Speaker 2: How about Marshaon Lloyd who comes off the injury list same day appendicitis attack. Geez, poor guys, just like a basically a lost season, fim Marshawn Lloyd.
Speaker 3: Bummer.
Speaker 2: That is a bummer, isn't it. Let's go to our final matchup of this segment, Philadelphia Eagles taking on the Los Angeles Rams. DeVonta Smith ruled out of this game. Does that change you're thinking at all? On Jalen Hurts, Brian.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't have I only had a C on DeVonta Smith, so it doesn't change a whole lot for me. On Jalen Hurtz, he was gonna get an easy A. I was going to start with Saquon Barkley, but the big news that Smith is out, So who I'm trying to remember? Johan Dotson dots. I can't swap Dotson in with the C for DeVante Smith. He's on the bench. Aj Brown, though he gets an A. The Rams are allowing the most yards per pass attempt on boundary targets. Boundary targets, which is where Brown makes his hey. He averages four yards per route run when lined up outside. That is the best clip in the NFL. So an A grade for Devant. I'm sorry, aj Brown a B grade, saying with last in the passing game Dallas Goddard opposing tight ends or averaging more than five catches and sixty yards per game against the Rams. So you gotta like Dallas, especially in the wasteland and especially in the by apocalypse. And clearly you like Saquon Barkley. I'll go into some stats, they're not needed. He gets an A. Barkley on pace for one nine hundred and thirty three rushing yards this year, his career high so far one three hundred and twelve.
Speaker 2: Dang, he's crushing it. Yeah, good call, New York YEP, it's a great call.
Speaker 4: The Rams have been good against the run since they're bye in Week six, but the rubber might meet the road for La here. The Eagles have gained nearly fifty percent of their offensive yardage on the ground, the highest rate in the league. That's almost unheard of, and game script should favor Barkley in this one. I'm gonna get to the Rams offense in a bit, but they're in trouble against this Philadelphia defense. So in a grade for Barkley, and I mentioned in a grade for Hurts, there's rarely a situation where you're not going to give Jalen Hurts a B or as C because of the of the touch push over to the.
Speaker 3: He's got nine touchdowns in the last five weeks.
Speaker 2: Insane rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Ye nine, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Nine touchdowns. Yeah, that is insane. All right over to the rams side. Eagles against the running backs against running backs great as of late. So Kyn Williams, just to see yere. You look early on you look at all the Eagles numbers. Early in the season, they were getting shredded in every aspect on defense. That has changed drastically. It has since their Week five by you know.
Speaker 2: What happened in Week six?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: Cooper went to the starting lineup as their slock cornerback and it powered the entire pass defense for the Eagles than they are now. They're basically the best defense in the league run and pass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so get this stat since they're bye in week five, I said that the secondary insane. So the first four games for the Eagles, I'm getting over to the wide receivers. Now, Pukin Nakua Cooper Cup. The Eagles allowed seven wide receiver touchdowns in their first four games wide receivers alone. That's insane. Since then like one one, yeah, and it went to You can take a guess the kind of player it went to, Jamar Chase, who was targeted eleven times. He did catch nine passes in that game for only fifty four yards, So the touchdown kind of flukey that one. So just a sea for Cooper Cup, Just a sea for Pokin Nakuah, who should see rookie corner Quinnon Mitchell for the majority of this game, emerging as the next great shutdown corner, second best odds to win Defensive Rookie of the Year. He has recently erased the stat lines for Terry McLaurin, Ceedee Lamb, Brian Thomas Junior, Pookin Nakua in trouble here. Just a sea grade for him. You're not gonna sit him, but temper your your expectations. Speaking of sitting, you're sitting the tight ends. I liked Davis Allen last week in the matchup against the Patriots because Colby Parkinson was dead. Colby Parkinson caught the touchdown, but you're not starting any tight end against the Eagles, and you're not starting Matt Stafford against the Eagles either. I'm another stat since they're Week five by Philly allowing a league low nine thineteen percent of their passing yards have gone for ten or more yards against the Eagles. The league average is twenty seven percent. They're just shutting down the pass. A league low four point four percent of passes have gained twenty or more yards against the Eagles, the league average nine percent. They're essentially twice as good as any other secondary in the league.
Speaker 2: Right now, when we come back, we jump in the Fantasy Football Weekly time machine for premature speculation, our final segment.
Speaker 8: When we return, final segment of Fantasy Football Weekly, Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 2: Reminder Guillotine Leagues, new league still forming today. You can play for you can play for cash. It's totally up to you. Seven more weeks left of hot chopping action. As I like to say, although the chopping action is it's only hot when it happened to somebody else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it happened to me last week, so sorry, so say it made it a long ways I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think if you make it to week eleven, that's a win. Yeah, not bad.
Speaker 5: Thank you Baltimore Ravens for doing nothing last week.
Speaker 2: We'll jump into the Fantasy Football Weekly time Machine for premature speculation players you want to pick up now that other people are going to try to pick up next week. Let's find out who they are. Beginning with Matt Harrison. I've got Ad and O'Connell's Terry's brother.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they're both Irish, obviously, Harry. It's been thirty days exactly since the Raiders put O'Connell on ir with an injury. That's a four to six week injury. Minshew will start this week. I'm guessing he'll probably start the Black Friday game the next week against the Chiefs, seeing as it's a short week. But we all know Minshew's not the long term answer, and he'll O'Connor only lost the job because he got hurt, so the Raiders will probably want another long look at O'Connell to end the year. By the way, this puts O'Connell back under center in Week fourteen for a game against maybe the worst secondary in the league, the Bucks. Then Week fifteen against the Falcons terrible pass defense. Then Week sixteen against the Jaguars horrible defense, then the Saints in your fantasy championship week.
Speaker 2: That's easy too.
Speaker 5: And I'm not saying pick up O'Connell and start him the rest of the way, but he's an insurance policy in case your starter goes down and you need somebody for the fantasy playoffs, especially in a super flex league. I just stash him right now and hope you don't have to use him, but you might need to, and it might be fine.
Speaker 2: I'm not an AID and O'Connell guy, and O'Brien is an AID and O'Connell guy. You too like him more than I do, but I that schedule is pretty compelling. He's going to have some hill.
Speaker 4: I wasn't eight and O'Connell guy, but it came between him and Gardner Minshew. I said, they're like the same person, and I'm not like love Ado.
Speaker 5: He's going to get to take a chance on me grade in some one of those weeks because of the match.
Speaker 2: That is probably true.
Speaker 4: Sam Donald, if you're listening, I'm a Sam Donald guy. I am not an AID and O'Connell guy.
Speaker 2: Sam A big listener for you to my bay. All right, Brian, you take a chance, not take a chance from your premature speculation player.
Speaker 4: If you're looking to stash a tight end, I'm gonna go with Theo Johnson of the Giants New York coming off of their buy. Prior to thereby, THEO was averaging about four catches forty yards per game, had a touchdown in three in one of his previous three games, but he was playing through a back injury. Hopefully he's healthy coming out of the buy. We know Malik Neighbors not too healthy right now. He's got a groin injury. So if you were to miss time, THEO would earn some extra targets and the rest of the season through Week seventeen at least, all we care about looking pretty nice for THEO. Five of his last six opponents bottom twelve against the tight end in terms of fantasy production. Starting this week against the Bucks, who are bottom five against tight ends. He's got a great matchup in Week seventeen the Colts bottom six against tight ends, and I mentioned three other great matchups for him, so why not stash him. One bad matchup is next week when it's a full Slady games and it's on Thanksgiving, so don't start him then. But he's viable every other week on paper.
Speaker 2: I've got another player you'll want to pick up but not start this week in Chicago, we've got the new offensive coordinator, Thomas Brown. We don't really know if what we saw last week is just the things that are changing or is that just like a one week blip. But rochan Johnson got a season high forty four percent snap rate, a season high thirty four percent rush attempt rate. He got two carries from inside the five. Rochean Johnson got a far expanded role last week. DeAndre Swift has been struggling for the last month of games. Now it's the Vikings. As I mentioned earlier in the show brutal matchup, you would need to get like a goal line plunge from Roshan Johnson to get anything out of him for this week. So I wouldn't play him this week. But downstream, we've got more opportunities to play him.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The schedule's not easy by any means, but it's Detroit San Francisco, then another game against Minnesota, which we would not want to play him again Detroit Seattle, so intent there might be some opportunities, maybe a changing of the guard, maybe DeAndre Swift's not that good. You might not even play this week.
Speaker 5: I was looking at the contract too for Swift. They can't really get out of him next year, but they could definitely relegate him to back up duties and it's a fine contract for that. But after that he's only a one point three dead cap. Oh, so that's interesting. Rochan could be taking over this job.
Speaker 2: He could take over this job.
Speaker 4: I did it, I did the thing. Thor was a big Rochan guy. Yeah. I trusted Thor there. Yeah, last year, it.
Speaker 3: Was a couple of years ago. Yeah, comped him to Marshall Fulk. I believe.
Speaker 4: I like Rochan. Good call there.
Speaker 2: I like him as a straight ahead power back. You get him moving laterally, and Roschan's not really your guy. Baltimore takes on Los Angeles. This is to be the Chargers of the Los Angeles Chargers on Monday Night. Let's talk this one through. Lamar Jackson obviously start but and the Chargers look like a really good pass defense on paper, and maybe they are, but they've played so many bad quarterbacks it's hard to get a fair read on how good the Chargers' secondary actually is. Last week, the Chargers pace played their best opposing quarterback of the year, Joe Burrow, and they got it viscerated by Burrow. So Jackson still an A level start from me, But there could be some variation here if it turns out the Chargers secondary is actually okay. Staying with the passing games, A Flowers gets a B grade. He has posted Fantasy relevant games in five of the last seven. I'm not too worried about this one. Chargers secondary slumping lately, allowing the eighth most Fantasy points over the last five weeks, and that includes a league worst seven wide receiver touchdowns allowed over those last five weeks. Flowers runs from all parts of the field, so he's largely gonna miss. The Chargers one really good cornerback, Christian Fulton, who mostly plays on one side of the field, So still like Flowers a lot B great on him. Mark Andrews is a likely return last week, and then of course Andrews responded with a complete du two catches for twenty two yards. The thing like for Andrews every week is just a roll of the dice, totally touchdown dependent because low volume. When he does not score, Here's what you get on average from Mark Andrews two catches twenty four yards. That's great and an L So will Andrews score in this game. The only team in the NFL that has not allowed a tight end touchdown is the Chargers, so.
Speaker 3: They're gonna allow.
Speaker 2: Three to make up for it. If you believe in the theory of do, the Bertie Kelcher theory of do, then yes, but I've got Andrews on the bench. Derek Henry comes in with an A grade. Utterally misused last week, a horrifying game plan by the by Todd munkin which I hated. But hopefully it's going to go back to being a workhorse back even in a tough matchup this week, Chargers allowing the second fewest fantasy points and only one rushing touchdown. Only one back is top seventy yards, but it's still Derrick Henry. I can't help but give him an A grade, even if I probably should give him a B grade against in a very tough matchup. Let's go to the Chargers side. I like Ladd mcconkee here. It looks like he's going to go. He's been battling injury all week, but return to practice on Friday. Ladd has been the most consistent LA receiver, with a target share north of twenty percent in eight of ten games opposing number one receivers, murdering the Ravens. In the last four Ravens games the opponent's top receiver, averaging eight catches, one hundred and forty three yards and one in a quarter touchdowns. But where it's a little bit different for Lad McConkie than those previous receivers to face the Falcons. He runs from the slot, and that means he's going to match up most often against Marlon Humphrey, who is Pro Football Focus's number one graded coverage cornerback. I've got a B grade on Lad McConkie. Let's go over to Quintin Johnston. He was might take a chance on me wide receiver. You may recall that Justin Herbert was might take a chance on me quarterback. What about a Ryan Johnson favorite, Will Disley will display opposing Why do you say it that way?
Speaker 4: By the way it just rolls off the Scottish tongue, will dis lay. Maybe doesn't it sound it sounds like a guy that would have been in Braveheart Well display that kind of does.
Speaker 2: Actually, now they say it. It's no Luke's Luke the cleaner, cleaner spoon mocker.
Speaker 4: Oh, I got a nickname for Disley. Oh do you you want to hear it? Oh? You want to hear it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The dismissal, the dismissal, Sorry, dismissal. Opposing tight ends you see have a decent but not explosive game against the Ravens. Only two have scored touchdowns, but eight different tight ends of top forty two yards. Disley coming off his best game of the year, but he's actually been fairly reliable for going back a whole month with a major uptick in usage. Since completely overtaking Hayden Hurst as the Chargers top tight end a month ago, he's quietly been a viable, reliable fantasy tight end. Will Disley see in this one, and that leaves us with the running backs.
Speaker 4: JK.
Speaker 2: Dobbins C Grade. Dobbins has a very tough assignment against a terrific Baltimore run defense. The last time he faced a run defense of this caliber, it was Kansas City and they destroyed him and he only put up thirty two scoreless yards. The Ravens rank number one in yards per carry, number two in run defense success rate number two in rushing yards allowed at just sixty one per game. I give Dobbins a B grade, but he's now splitting carries with Gus Edwards gross and divving up sixty one yards per game between two guys is not great, and I can only get him to a C grade here hopefully scores touchdowns, which Dobbins has done almost every game.
Speaker 4: They even gave Hassan Haskins a couple carries on one wine why and he did not score good So maybe they got that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally Gus Edwards bench grade. Since coming off of the IR he's seen a massive uptick in usage for reasons I do not understand. But Gus is not startable in this tough matchup that I just outlined. Look, if I'm only giving Dobbins a C grade, I'm not giving Gus Edwards a letter grade either. And by the way, Dobbins has got virtually all I think eighty four percent. I think is the success is the carries inside the five. All right, guys, we've got a couple of free minutes here at the end. Me a couple of questions for you. Number one Thursday Night, Nick Chubb two touchdowns Are you more optimistic about Nick Chubb going forward or do you think that was just a factor of a snow game and goal line carries? He only ran it three yards per carry? What do you think about Nick Chubb going forward?
Speaker 5: In my viewership of the game, I just thought he still looked pretty slow and plotting. Maybe that would be because he's running in a few inches of wet, slippery snow, but it didn't look that great. He did plow through and get a couple of scores, but it didn't feel that great for me. And I think Jerome Ford is still a threat to take a lot of his touches.
Speaker 4: And what's not great is the schedule. It's not great as an understam and it's awful for Chub moving forward at Denver Pittsburgh again, Yeah, you had the two touchdowns, so you said he right, Tony carries for fifty nine yards less than three yards per carry. If I can do that math in my head, it's scary. Then Kansas City the best team against the run in week fifteen at since week seventeen. Yeah, if you can sell sell now on Nick jo job. Yeah, if your trade.
Speaker 2: Does have not passed yet, Yes, for some that would be that would be the case. Thank you for joining us. Everybody, reminder, don't play a Guillotine league tons of fun. If you're like, oh, I'm gonna play next year, hey go get in some reps this year, learn how it works, learn the nuances of the guillotine format by playing this year. And you can even play for free Guillotine leagues dot com. You don't have to have a bunch of friends that know how to play. You can play strangers or play for cash. However you want to play, you can do it Guillotine leagues dot com. Thanks for listening. Everybody a best of luck this week. Next week all the teams are back, no teams on buy Thanksgiving Week. Fantasy Football Weekly coming up next week. Can't wait to talk to you then, everybody, See you later.
Speaker 3: M