Speaker 1: Do it for you. Do it afraid, do it unprepared, do it because you're not ready, Do it even though you don't know how. Just do it. I can't implore how many times people, even myself, maybe someone you've known or no have made excuses why they aren't living life at their best potential, their true potential, they're optimum potential, simply because they feel they're not ready, simply because they feel like they have more they need to acquire, simply because it's not the right timing, or can we just be honest, simply because you're afraid. And I can't tell you how many times I have to remind people you're going to die one day. And I know it sounds more a bit, but that is a fact and my thing for myself and others. You better live while you're still alive. And that means taking a chance on yourself. That means figuring the steps out as you go. That means realizing that the best time of your life to do whatever it is that you want to do is right now. So just do it, but more importantly, do it for you. Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. You are tuned in to the vitamin D with Dawn Day Podcast and I am your host, Dawn Day, here to get you excited about your life so that you can live life on purpose and for a purpose. If this is your first time tuning in and welcome a Vitamin D, it's upon off. My name. My name is Dawn, and you get Vitamin D from the sun. So I'm here shed light into your life. And I do this with inspirational insights and conversations with celebrities and everyday people like you and me, because if you want to be better and you want to do better, then you're I'm going to have to be able to see better. So join me on this journey of living our best lives and understanding and realizing how you are your greatest ass at get.
Speaker 2: Your viting Mandy right with me and get excited about your life.
Speaker 1: All right, It's that damn Dawn, like the break of day? How you doing? Who I got up in here? Up in here, I see some folks in the house. I see a couple who is in the house. Let me give a shout out to you. This is doing like the break of day, and we are tuned into Vitamin D Live. Yes, Mama has been all for a week but I was doing some super prepared If you go ahead and check on my Facebook page, I want to hit it and posted up a picture where you'll see Miss Felicia. You'll see Miss Wanda, my friend Tiffany, and Cordney that came out to my Groundings, the performance that happened last night. Yeah, you've probably heard me talking about the Groundings. I've mentioned it to you before, about my aspirations of improv and sketch and all that jazz. Well, that happened last week. So I had or not last week. That happened last night, and I have been preparing for it all week, and so I want to give a special thank you to all of them, and just to remind you to go after your dreams, just to remind us to you to go ahead and take a chance. Am I exhausted? Yes, yes, yes, but I said I got to show up. I gotta pull up. MS Maya was in my messages and said, well, are you going live today? I said, yeah, I'm going live today. So who I got live watching me right now? And I guess it just reminds me. It's like it's a beautiful thing to build up with something to go after, something I talked about how important it is to just do it, regardless if you think you're prepared, regardless if you feel like you're afraid, regardless if you feel like you got tomorrow, because all you got is right now today. And that has really been my journey as to going after the growlings. I come across so many people that feelings tho they're lost and they don't know what the passion is, And I'm like, well, what do you love to do? A lot of people always talking about how they want to be comfortable. Well, what is your comfort look like?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Are we just talking about money? Are we talking about time? Are we talking about doing our true passion? Pursuing our purpose, making sure we tap into our truest potential. I think sometimes we get caught up and feeling like it's supposed to look a certain way, how it's supposed to happen at a certain time, how it's supposed to propel us to move forward up per house is not looking like the person to the left and the right. Wait a minute, hold up, what are you doing? I say this to you as I say that to myself. Sometimes you got to ask yourself, well, what am I doing looking at somebody else's journey. What am I doing having my eyes on somebody else's lane? What am I doing that I'm looking behind when I'm going forward? We are here for a limit of time. What did I you used to say? I say, we are special offers here for a limit of time. Okay, So that is my word for you as I am on this journey at the groundings, but doing the dreams and taking a chance on myself. M it's scary. It's all about figuring out. Go on, honey, take a chance, That's what I say. So I hope you out there doing something for yourself, doing something that's requiring you to get outside of your comfort zone, because that's when the magic happens. And if you ain't doing nothing, what are you doing? And if you're not sure what you're doing, how about you ask yourself why you're doing it? Is it because you're bored? Is it because you need some money? Is it because you want a promotions, because you want the big house? Or are you doing it because you want a peace of mind? Those are the things that we are talking about. Just find something to do, explore opportunities of drying something new. That's what we got right Now I wanted to pop in because I promised I was gonna be here, and I want to jump into a Vitamin D advice letter. Now I'm just my first time laying eyes on it. So you and I are going to read this together, and I want to welcome you to call me in the studio eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two with your comments on this letter. And once I finished with the letter, perhaps you want to talk to me about some stuff. Come me. Look, I've been off for a week. Y'all said, y'all need some Vitamin D. So here is me. Okay, all right, so here we go. Subject my husband doesn't love to cuddle. Let me give a clearance. Y'all know, I say, Vitamin D is all about shedding the light right on the good and the bad. Because if you want to be better and you want to do better, you guys to be able to see better. And with that being said, that means eight to me to spit out the bones. These are my thoughts, views and opinions you wrote into me. And if you're wondering, you said, you know what doing? I need some of your advice. Go ahead and email me Vitamin D at Dawn daispeaks dot com. That's vitamin D at Dawn daispeaks dot com. All right, all right, here we go subjects. My husband doesn't love to cuddle, Dear Dawn. I have a really great guy. He cooks, he cleans, he works, and he really loves me. We tear off each other's clothes like we're still teenagers and we can't keep our hands off of each other. He calls me constantly, flowers and balloons sent to me at work at least twice a week at work in breakfast in bed, simple and expensive but romantic, weekend vacations and trips, candle like dinners and slow dancing in the kitchen or wherever we are. We have been together for five years. It feels so good to me in a fantastic relationship with him, except for one thing. It's kind of small to him, but so huge to me, Dawn. He doesn't like cuddling after sex, usually about six minutes or so, he just wants to get up and go do something else or go shower me. Though, Dawn, I want to be held in his big arms and hear his breathing, Dawn, I want to hear his heart beat as I lay my head on his chest and just close my eyes. I want to lay there knowing and feeling the warmth of our love and enjoy the togetherness of us, if that makes sense. If we can talk or not, just hold me, keep holding me. I've talked to him about this before, and he gets really quiet. It took some doing, but I asked him to be brutally honest with me about why he doesn't want to cuddle with me. He says that he loves me, that he wants me, that he needs me, and that he go crazy without me. But after about a few minutes of cuddling, he just wants to get up and do something else. But he also said that he wants to be a better partner and that he try harder well. After sex last night, he lasted a good twenty two minutes into Cuttland. But you know what was really cool. As he held me, he cried softly into my hair and told me that I was his world and that he didn't want to ever lose me. He said this over and over again. Then he swooped me up into his big arms and we bathed together for like twenty minutes. Soapy strawberry shampoo, kisses and all and gentle laughter somewhere in the middle, Dawn, I heard on one of your past shows about cuddling and telling, asking your partner for what you want and what you need and intimacy. Wise, thought i'd share this with you. Love you and thanks. Frankie Lee Buddington, aged forty one, from Dallas, Texas. Well, here's the thing, you know. I read this book entitled Unlimited Power. Was it by James Baldwin, James Weldon, James Weldon Johnson? Oh lord, I hope I'm not repeating the name of the guy that wrote the song anyway, even it was also co authored or in partnership somehow with Tony Robinson, you know, the inspirational, motivational speaker, you know, Tony Robbins AnyWho. One of the things that really stood out to me in that book, Frankie Lee, was he talked about relationships and how oftentimes when dealing with relationships and how some relationships you know, go estranged or depart or fall apart, is not because couples don't love each other. It's because couples aren't speaking the same love language. Wait a minute, catch what I'm picking down. It's not that couples do not love each other. It's the fact that these couples aren't speaking or these two individuals aren't speaking the same love language. When do we get the point of making room for somebody else's love language? What I mean by that? They put this example in the book about a couple, a husband and wife. The wife is in the kitchen things ready. Her husband comes in. The first thing he does is grabs her and gives her a kiss. Immediately, she is annoyed, like, oh my god, you are all up on me. You can't even say hi, baby, how you doing, how's your day? You just all up on me? And she was completely offended. He's looking at her like, well, what's going on? I came in, baby, I'm giving you some loving. But she's annoyed and he's confused. Now here's what we gotta look at. It's not about this couple. It's not loving on each other. It's just that they're not speaking the same language or language in which the other person is able to receive. Now, what we can identify we know about the love languages are right now in case I miss anything, hey, miss Maya tuning in, we talk about words about affirmation, quality, time, gifts, acts of service, and I'm missing another one. But for the sake of the time, in this conversation right here, we are looking at the wife, and what does it sound like her love language is words of affirmation? What does this a love language? Sound like? A touch? Physical touch? So, while both of these couples are individuals are expressing love to each other that can't be received because she's saying, well, why you ain't saying nothing to me? And he like, well, I'm trying to love on you, but you're pushing me away now in your situation right here, I don't see a situation where your husband isn't loving you all the things that you see in somebody being present. He's a great guy. He cooks, he cleans, he works. You even said, he really loves me. You even said, after being together for five years, it feels good to be in a fantastic relationship. Except he doesn't like coddling. You even said, after most recently y'all became intimate, he hugged on you and cried in your hair, professed about the fact of how much he loved you. And then y'all got in a shower for another twenty minutes, but yet it's still not speaking to you as enough. Now you said that you have communicated with him.
Speaker 3: What you know?
Speaker 1: I'm all about communication Cmune and communication is not always being said, but also how the person is receiving it. Now, how long you want this cut in the last boom? Is this like an all day thing? Do you have a time living among hours? Because it's not that he's not cuddling with you. You just said the other day y'all was intimate and y'all were cuddling away, And I almost chuckled a little bit because you said he lasted a good twenty two minutes. I meant, what is your point of where you want to say that's enough cuddling? Is it? Thirty minutes? Is an hours? And a couple hours? Then y'all want into the shower. So I got to ask you what is it that you want? And how are you communicating get with one another? So are you at the brink where you're about to break up with this man because he's not cutting liing on you enough. He shows up, he cooks, he cleans, he takes care of the bills, He lets you know that you he loves you, what does this mean for you and what does it look like for enough to be enough? Have you communicated even the times and when he's ready to stop, is he open to try doing again? I don't think this is grounds of breaking a relationship. I think this is more and so getting to know your partner. But at the same token, at the same time, it's not a moment of where you're not feel in love. It's just that maybe it's not enough or it has to come on harder because it's not like he's not paying you attention. And I guess I'm just even reflecting on your letter. Are you asking a question? Are you asking a question on what you should do? It sounds like you have communicated it with him. Is it enough where you feel like this cuddling is not enough for you, but enough for you to have to walk away to find somebody else again? You got five years in a game with him. You definitely said you feel loved. You definitely said he feels like I mean, he is a great guy. You definitely said he cuddles with you in a bed, but it's just not long enough. Okay, are you majoring in the minor? I mean, these are all simple questions. I think that before you decide to make it any major moves, make wrong for your husband. And see how he's trying to show up, Cause again it's not like y'all getting it in and he's just getting up walking away. He's giving you a moment, But how much of a moment do you need? And I'm not trying to say nothing smart way, I'm just saying, reflect on yourself of whether or not you are feeling loved, you are feeling wanted, but clearly his actions are saying that way. But then there's a thing where you're not receiving it. And I want you to be mindfuls because what I don't want to happen is that you develop a sense of resentment. What I don't want to happen is that you end up stepping out because you feel as though you aren't being loved of how you want to be loved. And who am I to tell you that you need to relax and chill, Okay, I'm just here to point it out to know what you are standing up against. Because if you decide to walk away from this man because you feel as though he is not cuddling with you for thirty minutes instead of twenty two or now we're are several hours after that. Look at all what you're giving up as well, because he's a great guy. He cooks, he cleans, and what I really appreciate is that you communicate. So maybe it's probably something that you guys need to do activities and figure out how it went. More ways and field where you can have his attention and perhaps have some more cuddling, or maybe you just need to have some more sacks. I'm just saying, if you know what's gonna be a bit of a cuddling, put yourselves in moments when you got a cut, Let's watch a movie, baby. Okay, that's the best advice I want to give to you. Okay, he's giving you the kiss. It says he's crying in your hair. It's not like he's coming home and acting like you're not there. Hey, all right, Frankie Lee. I hope that was able to give you some insight. Don't give up on this marriage just yet. Do not give on this relationship. It's just say this man loves you, he appreciates you, and he honors and he values you. Do not lose on a relationship where somebody is loving on you. Okay, that's what I got to say, Dawn, like the break of day. Hey, all right, okay, I'm living a studio. Thank you so much for joined me. Let me see who I got. Miss Mayan. She just listened there. She said, you are high mess. Just keeping it real. So you know the dam coming in coming, in coming in oh man. So I'm glad to be back in the studio. I could have probad some more stories, but baby, I'm just glad that I pulled up today. And like I said before, I was all for an entire week. I was getting everything ready for my performance at the Groundlings. I put up a picture on Facebook. Go check it out. And I have another show coming up January sixth. This is a Monday at eight o'clock. Would love to see you there. Also, I didn't even tell you call me, let me know what's been going on with you, was going on in your world around you? Eight one eight four six one fifty four thirty two. I about to put in the chat call me because I did the Vitamin D dervice letter. And now I'm gonna be honest with you. I didn't prepare for nothing else. I was just glad I got into the studio, but I want to hear from you do. We definitely will be coming in with more content, maybe even a guest, but for sure, I guess probably next week on the podcast while we're doing a live Otherwise I could have recorded this at home my guests. But know it's something about being in the moment. Being in the moment. Ms Mian said, that's why I love you. She says, Oh my gosh, the picket fire. Thank you so much. How you doing is mine? You want to call on me and let me know what's been going on in your world this past week. I'd love to hear from you or somebody. I got a couple eyeballs on me. I got a couple eyeballs on me in the studio. I would love to know what you feel. I know Trump is making some plans right now, was about to come into twenty twenty four. I also want to make a correction since we're on that topic of that someone that really broke it down talking about the difference between migrants and people who are illegal here. Hey, mis Mac so good to be seen and not to be viewed. Well, thank you so much, thank you. I guess I'm glad that you know I did. Neither. I want to talk about something else today because just based off of just rifting on what we're talking about about staying at home and and why it's so important to show up because this is part of the dream, right And I think oftentimes when we look at the pursuit of the dream that is supposed to look like a certain way. I know what I risked, I know what I sacrificed to be able to come in this studio. And now I'm in a situation where I have reliable transportation, I have a studio at my leisure, I have access to a studio. Why wouldn't you show up? And I'm saying that to you, why aren't you showing up for your dreams? If there is anything that you have inspired to do that you would like to do, I got to ask you why you aren't showing up? Like I said, I was talking to a dear friend who is in the entertainment industry as well. But it's in a mode of feeling like, Okay, I'm looking at this age and I'm not experiencing the comfortable life that I want. It's not happening at the pace that I want. I'm looking at where I am right now and I'm saying this is not what I want. But then I have to ask that's them. I said, well, what is your comfort look like? Is your comfort having enough money but doing a job that you hate. Is your comfort going after something that you love and not having all the money but knowing that when it does hit, it's gonna hit. What is your level? And that is something only you can answer. Also, if you are trying to figure it out what it is that you want, what is it that you want to do? Have you truly stepped out and stepped into everything that has made an interest to you. I can't tell you how many times I talked to people that said, I don't know what it is that I want. You know, they say that the richest place in the world is in the cemetery. That's how many people have died with their dreams. And I'm thinking perhaps that a lot of people feel like it didn't happen at the time, and that they want it didn't show up, or they didn't feel prepared, or perhaps they had more regrets, or perhaps they spent so much time being distracted, wasting it on other people other things and doing things they ain't had no business doing. Why is that? And there is no right or wrong answer. It just all depends on what is in port you and that is going to require you to take some time. That is going to require you to take some time to get to know yourself, to what ignites you, what gets you excited, what gives you the rush, and realizing that the journey is the experience, and the experience is the journey. Get off of the idea whatever this destination looks like, because guess what, once you get there, you're still gonna be seeking more. Once you get there, you'll realize the top of this mountain is the bottom of an next. Once you on your pursuit there, you're going to realize that you're gonna fall. You're gonna bump your head, you're gonna hit yourself. But what do I say? If you can look up, you can get up. Your location is not your destination. If you fall down seven times, get up eight period. All I'm saying is this time that we got here right now is limited. Okay, there's no reason why you should be in a space of being lost for too long. Not saying there's a time limit, but feeling lost because if there is anything that has ever intrigued you, anything that has ever sparked your interest, anything that has gotten you excited, go after it and get it. Have I made all the money that I want to make and that I'm going to make? No, But I've had a cushy jobs with notable individuals and sat there thinking like, why am I feeling still hurt? Why does it feel like it's not enough. I'm at a reputable company, I'm working with a major celebrity. Because what I realized is I wasn't choosing me, And I got to ask you, have you decided to choose yourself? You know what? You're choosing yourself because there's gonna be a different kind of happiness, a different kind of piece, and not saying a piece that everything is going all right. But the times that you're gonna want to give up, you're gonna find something that's gonna you keep on going. And that's how you know. When it puts a smile on your when it gets you excited, when it wakes you up in the middle of night, wakes you up earlier than you want to, or perhaps you spend them more time on it, then what you should be and I say should be in quotes. Then that is required. That is how you know what you love. That is how you live your life on purpose and for a purpose. Because what do I say? We here for a good time, not a long time. So make account once this time is spent, has gone forever. That's why they say time is your most valuable asset. But I tell you, and I remind you after each episode, how you are your greatest asset. If we were to look at it like I would always say about your life, bank account, and how you are your greatest asset? What are you depositing and what are you withdrawing from your account? And depositing can look like giving your self affirmations, loving on yourself, taking care of yourself, spending your time with people that value you. Now, what does a withdrawal look like? Getting destrys doing something that doesn't serve you? And what do I say if it doesn't serve you, it doesn't deserve you. Respecting yourself or not respecting yourself and not taking a chance on yourself? And what you're gonna have to realize? Actually, I just posted this up on threads. Can I share something with you? Let me know how you think about this. I see you all of them here. Let me know how you think about this quote that I saw it and immediately I had to repost it. What you're not changing, you're choosing. Did you catch it? Let me say this again, What you're not changing, you are choosing. Now here's the thing. You're gonna have to be honest about what you want in life. Can we say something else? Can we truly say everything that you have truly wanted, you've desired, that you really put effort in, You've gotten it. That's why they say gratitude is everything. The more grateful you are, the more things you you have to be grateful for. Don't tell me you can't do it, because you have surprised one hundred percent of the worst days of your life. So yeah, you can be down and out right now. But I don't know why you counting yourself out. I don't know why you're striking yourself out because you felt like you were in despair before, but you're still here. I don't know if I got some witness centers of the house. But if I do, can you come eight one eight four six, one five four three two eight one eight four six one five four three two. Take a chance on yourself because we're here for a good time, not a long time. Can't nobody tell you what your joy is supposed to be. Can't nobody else tell you what it's supposed to look like. You gotta know what it feels like. If you want to know the truth, you know the truth by the way that it feels. How does your life feel for you? And remember, if you aren't changing it, you're choosing it. I know that's probably a source spot for a lot of people. You have the power to change your life. Can I go into it one more time? In this conversation that I had to ard a friend last after my show talking about I said, wow, down, I wanted to support you because I know that you spend six and a half years going after this. Huh. I said, well, whatever is your thing, that's what you do. I said. For me to be able to sacrifice and risk, I know the rush and excitement something brings to me, and I know what my level of comfort looks like, meaning I may not have all the money to my disposal, but I got a different level of peace of mind knowing that I'm going after something that I truly want, not because it looks good on the outside, not because it gives so much money. Again, my situation is different because I don't have little beings that I am depending on or a whole significant other that is depending on me. I am dependent on me. I am taking a chance on myself. So yes, in that aspect, it looks different from my life. But what does it look like for your life? These are just the things I'm talking about. These are the things I'm saying. I'm just here to remind you to take a chance on yourself, go after something that you want, because once the time is gone, it's gone. Okay, So again I'm gonna open it up. Otherwise we're gonna wrap it on up.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: My purpose of going live is to make sure that I connect with you, to make sure we share our thoughts, our views, and our opinions. And I didn't share some views. I didn't share some thoughts, and I damn sure I shared some opinions. So call me in right now, let me know if there's any topics, if there's anything that you've heard in the news, and you can put that in a comet. If not, I want to say thank you so much for pulling up on me. Thank you so much for feeling like you wanted to take some time to pull up on me because there was something you had to say. Okay, so I'm gonna wait about fifteen more seconds. Ms Mayan is at you. Ms Mac is at you, or whoever else is that you call me? If not, I want to appreciate you. I want to say thank you so much. Like I said, I had my growling show yesterday that was absolutely amazing. I'm in my writing class, so we're gonna be starting writing up some more stuff. And yeah, all right, well, thank you for tuning in and getting your Vitamin D advice letter. I hope I was able to shed some light getting you some vitamin D. I want to remind and encourage you if you know somebody else that can use some Vitamin D in their life. Can you tell somebody to tell somebody else that don't take out a podcast and she's live Tuesdays and Thursdays at five Pacific time. Also, I want to encourage you that if you are on social media, to follow us everywhere at Vitamin D Dawn d Ai. That's Vitamin D Dawn d Ai. And of course, if you would like to submit to be a guest or if you have some advice letter, I want to encourage you to send an email vitamin d at Dawn Dai speaks dot com. That's vitamin d at dawn Dai speaks dot com. Albert says, right before I was about to head out here, when we have a family members whom we all respected and trusted, has tooken advantage in stolen everything? Well are you? Are you asking what do we do? You want to state what you want to say, Albert, I'm here. I think with any situation, you gotta treat people as people, and family members are still people, but you happen to share blood. So what's the sayings, go fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. We have a family when we have a family member who we all respecting and trust that I took advantage stolen everything and they did it on purpose. Okay, So now if this family member is taking advantage again and stealing things from you again, that would have to be a shame on you.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I think you have to be mine full of how close you letting your family member in your life and the things in the time you are allowing them access to Marcus Savage is in ours. Oh my, I saw Marcus over at black Man's wellness day. What this is a couple of weeks ago? Now, this was what November fifth, and I spoke to your wife speaking of which I need your wife to come up here because Marcus, she was up here talking about the doctor's honey. Anyho, Marcus says, hey, Sis, I want to invite everyone out to my record expungement workshop is happening on the fourth of December. December fourth from nine am to two pm. We're gonna have live music, We're gonna have food and give away clothes and employment information. Okay, Marcus, where can they do? They need to sign up somewhere to get some more information about this? Can you put this down? This is absolutely amazing. Do we have any individuals who are trying to clear their record, any visuals that are looking for another job opportunity, any individuals that are looking for a new start? Mark, did you want to call me in a studio and talk about this real quick? I'm just saying why you're here. You got the information, you might as well call me eight one A four six one fifty two and let me know what to do. Let me sip some two y'all hear his voice, y'all see these bags? Honey, all look like it might be mister savage. Talk to him and talk to him and talk to him and Tuesday. Hello, Hey, how are you? I'm good? How you doing?
Speaker 3: What? What is happening is he's one of our he's older than me, and he's a multi millionaire.
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody, everybody, I presume this is mister Albert Johnson. Are you here? This is this album.
Speaker 3: Ras black Man to take Madison Avenue on and win, you know, advertisement and stuff.
Speaker 1: Heck, hello, can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I can hear you.
Speaker 1: Okay, we got a We didn't even get an introduction to say what's going on? You just called in the middle. So this is Albert.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm okay, you know, in a respectful way. He's you know, he's a multi millionaire, and we give, not give, but put in trust of him. Of when you called out investments and stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, Albert, let me set up real quick, Albert, Albert, Albert. We got people watching. They have no idea what you're talking about. I just left talking about an expungement workshop. So we got Albert on the line. Albert just called in to talk about your cousin says, you have a family members that have stolen and uh, family members who we all respected and trusted took advantage in stolen everything and he did it on purpose. Now you just said this family member is very wealthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I understand how we got as wealth. See, we have income property and I inherited because I'm the sole survivor. And one of my cousins he's an attorney, and he sent me a voicemail last year and told me what was going on with him, and I really didn't want to believe it. But why would he do that? Now he was selling properties and trying to liquidate stuff to be easier for us. But it was like a scam, you know. I mean, I'm about to get off the phone. But he over the years he spent almost two million dollars of road trust one. Oh my god, not serious money. And then my other cousin, I hope he really didn't managing one of the properties. And I did the math over a little over half a meal, and I'm just.
Speaker 4: I'm crust falling, and the whole family's pissed. Off.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's bad and I'm just keep in mind composure, being humble. But they didn't know about my other account, so it's hard. You know, you got to follow your gut instinct and just you know, when you everybody has a first mind that's spiritual. When you're driving your car or walking, something tells you to go this way astead of the other way. Everybody knows this. Whatever that first thought, first mind, follow it because that's spiritual guidance to keep you abreast and keep you safe. And that's basically all I have to say everyone.
Speaker 1: And chow by, all right, So maybe that's what this is right now, everybody you want to call event Uh that was Albert just calling in to talk about how a family member took advantage. I was trying to set up to introduce. So I hope you guys have got the gest of it. But let this be an open space. Has anybody that else want to call in to vent, call in to share some resources, call in with some information. Now's the time. It's tonton and to hunt and to hunt h and Tuesday, all right. So, like I said before, I want to encourage if you want to be a guest or if you learn to invite write an advice letter in show me an email. Vitamin d at on Dai speaks dot that's Vitamin d at Dawn Dai speaks dot com. What do I still have for you? I'm gonna be back on Thursday, smart content, some more letters, and I hope to hear from you and we'll get a topic going, a topic of conversation. But I wanted to pop in and go boop boop. Make sure you see my face that I'm here. We're still in the studio after the dream. We just had a long weekend week. But it's good. And I hope that y'all stop being so shy and calling me. Stop being so shy. Oh, we got another caller talk to me tuesday. Who's this.
Speaker 3: Savage?
Speaker 4: How you doing that?
Speaker 1: Hey there, market Savage, how you doing I'm doing awesome.
Speaker 4: I'm fantastic over here.
Speaker 1: It was so good scene a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always good to be out, you know what I'm saying, and be seen in the in the public space. You know, I ain't been out a while, so I had to get out. Let me let me get straight here. Hold on a second, okay, and and uh, you know, when you go live, I always try and tune in. Uh, you know, I'm busy a lot most of the time. I day on into eight o'clock at night.
Speaker 3: But it is what it is.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we are doing some good stuff over here at gig and getting the game. We gotta the young lady he's to the street. I don't want to mess her name up, but I call her Keyky. Everybody calls her key Key. She's over here in our plaza and she does She does fool giveaways every week. She has a health clinic, come out every other Monday and do things. So we got it going on on the corner of Samarron and Manchester over there, we're looking for some people to sign up for some of these union classes. All these union positions are out here needing to be filled, and they just need some people that's willing to to put to work in. You know, it's not easy, it's it's a it's a battle, but it's just definitely worth it, you know.
Speaker 1: So what's the union classes? What's this about? For anybody that's like, wait, what is Marcus Savage talking about?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm talking about union union positions in the carpentry, the field of carpentry, plumbing, electrical electricians, electricians, and the other a lot of few, a few other trades that you can get into, you know, entry level positions. And all these positions again don't require any any type of experience. They just require a card work and determination to make it and succeed, you know, And a lot of people get in and they don't have the guidance and they don't understand the the rules, you know, any any anytime you get a job or or whatever we like to say careers. We don't like to use the J word. You know, there's rules and you have to follow rules and you to understand the game. And so that's when we come in. We help you understand your role as an employee, as a new person on the job site, on the breaking into an industry that's filled with a lot of people that may not look like you, and different cultures, right that are going to interact with each other for eight hours or ten hours. You spend more time, you know, at work than you do with your family. So if you can get along and understand the culture and the rules of engagement being you are are more likely to be successful, and for many.
Speaker 1: Of us, we don't have that kind of training ground. Wh's basically it's almost like I got you. Let me show you how you walk into an interview, the type of questions you may have, just to be comfortable of selling yourself and showing off your skills, and more importantly, like you said, being in the space that you can acquire these skills.
Speaker 4: It's like your body language, you know, it says volumes. You know, how you walk, how you follow instructions. Do you write the instructions down or do you got to ask them five times? So these things matter, you know, especially your first what ninety days thirty days really two weeks, because you got about a week or two for them to either like you or not like you. That's anywhere you go, So you know, the first impression is going to be the most important one, you know. And if you understand the rules of a game before you start playing that game, you know you can you can almost you know, guarantee you your success.
Speaker 1: Come on, you know. And that's why I just love the name of the title your organization, the name of your organization. Get in the game. It's get in the game. Be a player in this game of life. Unless you know what I.
Speaker 4: Mean, and to think about it. Go ahead. I always say, put me in, a coach, Put.
Speaker 1: Put me in, coach, Put me in, because I'm ready to play. And people got so much to say on the sidelines. And that's why I'm saying, like, if you want a sideline right now, because you are concerned whether or not you got a record, if you on the sideline right now because you don't feel like though you got enough experience, If you want a sideline right now that you don't know where you can go, well, I'm telling you it's time to get in the game. And you can do that with market Ravig. Now we're talking about expungeing records. So individuals who have a record who are looking to get a high paying job, it's possible.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Now you said you mentioned go ahead.
Speaker 4: No, I was gonna say, I'm actually getting some stuff off my record this this December on the fourth when they come out. I had some stuff that they say they couldn't expunge when I first get it. And now the laws changed, and guess what that thing that that's on there is about to be off. So again, you know, you never know unless you show. You know, you never know.
Speaker 1: Unless you it's trying to show up. Pull up, walk up, crawl up to. Now about these union jobs, how much do they pay?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 1: Like, why would somebody want a union job?
Speaker 4: Well, a union job normally starts off paying about what any other any other position will pay, you know, seventeen to twenty dollars an hour.
Speaker 3: But the beautiful thing.
Speaker 4: About a union position is is you start off as an apprentice, right and everybody knows that a prentchice means to train, so they're going to be training you. It's all on the job training. And we we like to say our model is earn why you learn, and so you earned what you learn. And at the end of four years or some unions is different just depending on the trades you pick. I think the electricians might maybe five or six right at the end of that, then you get what you call a journeyman certificate. And so all throughout your apprenticeship. Every Like I talk about the carpenters because I'm a carpenter and that's what I know, and so I share what I know with the Carpenter's Union. About every six hundred dollars you get a raised oh wow. And that raise might be two dollars, it might be three dollars. So you go from say, say, say you start off at nineteen dollars an hour as a first period of prentice. By the time you get to your age stage, which is eight eight stages of apprenticeship, you're at fifty something dollars an hour, forty something dollars an hour every hour an hour? Are you and you know, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't understand why why why? I can't even understand how you putting a call out there for people to get trained, to people to get paid?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Are people not? Are they not showing up? Is how how they can? Because this is insane to me.
Speaker 4: Well, a lot of people don't know about it, you know, and a lot of people, you know, I just say, a lot of people don't know about it, you know. And it is it is tough to make it, you know, it's it's it's a it's a it's a tough trade. All the trades are tough. But you know, anything that's tough is definitely worth it because the amount of money that you can make for a lifetime, right, you know, once you learn a skill, a trade, electrical elect you know, electricians, plumbers, HVAC. My son's a elevator mechanic, and you know, can you imagine earning potential for a lifetime of that. You know, wherever you are, there's gonna be an elevator, there's gonna be some plumbing. You know, somebody's life's gonna go out. And so you know, once you get those skills, you know, under your belt, and on top of all of that, you get that Journeyman certificate. Now you are certificate eyes right, that's a new word, certificate Eyes. And you are eligible for other other areas that require a certificate in construction like building inspector, you know, like building maintenance persons, like home inspection, like contractor general contractor. So you have all these their doors that open up once you receive your Journeyman certificate. And I always stress people when they get into the to the union or when they join up in the union, the journey is just the beginning to get to that Journeyman certificate. That's what you want, that's your goal, you know, And a lot of people don't even get there because again they don't have the game. Because they get in and they work a job and you know they maybe they don't show up to a meet union meeting. Maybe they do, but the union doesn't explain the benefits of being an apprentice. You know, only the only the people, the only people that know the benefits of being the apprentice are the journeymen that have completed their apprenticeship program. And guess who they shared with. They share it with the FBI, their friends, brothers and in law. Right, and so you know that that gives you a good idea of why you see the makeup of construction as it is.
Speaker 1: And you know what, the advancement of technology going into the trades would be super ideal right now, right, yes, I never thought, you know, I thought about like the uh, the funeral business. I didn't think about like elevators, plumbing. I don't know if robots can do that. But you know, different things change, different things need to be applied. But these are the jobs that you got to look at.
Speaker 5: And it ain't it doesn't even letter if a robot can do it, or now somebody has to program the robot and that's consider a traform for the robots to do their stuff. Right, you know, our our trade is here, get in the game. G I t G dot com right, yep, No, we.
Speaker 4: Actually are launching a new website. It's coming out really soon. We had a dot com and were changing it to dot org because that's what the uh you know, the organ is that the training and the educational organizations used. So we're revamping. Like I said, we've been shopping the screw in our organization trying to trying to get it right and get it right on, you know, in line with everything, and make sure we are you know, ready for the people. So if you guys come out on the fourth of December, reach out to us, give us a call six six one two nine five.
Speaker 1: Six wait six one twit wait six six one.
Speaker 4: Two nine three nine one three five.
Speaker 1: Now you just said you mentioned uh, Key to the Street. You said you you mentioned her every week. What's that about.
Speaker 4: Well, she is a wonderful lady. That's a wonderful person that has an organization called Key to the Streets. They're non profit five oh one C three, just like us, and they do they do mainly fool giveaways. They do health clinics every month day at our location on Manchester Cemarron right in the parking lot. They have to help clinic band come up. They actually is doing taco Tuesday. So she sells tacos for like a dollar or two dollars or something like that on Tuesday, just to joke, you know, generate money for a nonprofit. She accepts donated clothes. She has a threat store there where you can come in if you know you're low on cash. You can get some nice stuff that's donated. It's all clean and you know, some nice stuff because I've donated some nice suits and some nice stuff.
Speaker 6: So if you know, if you need a nice little outfit or whatever. You know, maybe you know some kids that already needed something, you know, for school, they mom or dad can't get them a lot, they can come by there and she'll give them some stuff, you know. So it's we're we're just trying to be a community center over on Manchester and Samarai. So you know, we're we're just trying to be there for the people. You need some employment advice, come on down, you know. They maybe you need a rest excuse me, maybe you need a resume. Maybe heck, maybe you need a reference. You know, I'll get to talking to you and if I feel good about it, I get you a reference you know people if I can say something nice about you. So again, we're just here to help the people, and anything we can do in the community, we are going to do and be there. Uh So that that's really it for us.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: One thing that stood out to me, or standing out to me right now talking about getting the game, is that other organizations that I know help people get their records expunge and training them. I was informed like with other organizations, unlike yours, it's unpaid training, and that has kind of deterred people because you're in a situation where you need the money right now. And another executive director we're telling me at the organization that it's hard to get people to keep coming or to come back because they want to check or the money right then and there.
Speaker 4: But you're saying, hey, well we're not We're not able to offer the pay any paid training. But what we do is we can link you up. We can link you up with some of the organizations that do do the paid training because a lot of those organizations, I was an instructor for CI, Brothers, Keepers, PV Jobs. I was in instructor for all those organizations. And so when I meet you, I can definitely link you up with that organization that does that. And that's kind of like what I kind of like what I like to do, because I would love for a person to go into or PV jobs or Brother's Keepers, you know, or CI with the knowledge of what it takes to be successful and now they're going to get the training and they have the knowledge already right right, so it goes hand in hand, you know. I just want to give them the knowledge that they need, you know, maybe a little hands on training. Hey, And believe me, it is definitely worth the time, you know, because because your time is I know, valuable. But can you imagine my time as an instructor, as a business owner that I'm taking out to share my knowledge and give my game for free to you? Wow? You know that's what you have to look at the value that you're receiving. And if you can't see the value in what I'm giving, then this program is definitely not for you. But trust me, the people that that pull up, they see the value. And that's that's why I do it. I I speak to these guys and ladies all the time, you know, and so the value is definitely there.
Speaker 1: You know right, So I hope everybody is listening. Take advantage of the value. If you are listening right now and you happen to be in the LA area, check out Getting the Game, g I t G soon, tobe dot org, g I TG dot org and link up with Marcus Savage. Let me give you the number. Everybody six six one two nine three ninety one thirty five again sixty six one two nine three ninety one thirty five. Make market calendars because within less than a month there is a record expungement workshop happening on the corner of Manchester and Cimarron from nine am to twelve pm. I'm talking live music, I'm talking about food, giving away clothes, and most importantly giving you employment information. How many people looking for a job, who wants to start a new gear with a new job, knowing they got a new skill set and knowing they with somebody that got they back, Well, that's that day of Marcus.
Speaker 4: Give it up, giving up the game. We're trying to give up the game. We're trying to let the people know, look, just how you do it. We're gonna give your instructions on how to be successful.
Speaker 1: You know, a mentor of mine here at Premier Networks. He says, you know, one thing you realize when you're aligning yourself with people and you're trying to move up, and how you know you're really talking to somebody that is successful because successful people want to teach other people how to be successful. And I know you successful because you're talking about teaching other people and just listening and learning. How you're you're building and you're growing, like in so many ways, even down with the location and having different individuals holding events there in spaces and doing different things. I love in Marcus. Are you there every week or only when you're doing your workshops?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm I'm I'm in and out every day. The office is open, but we're you know, you have to make an appointment, So if you make an appointment, I'll be there. I'm a general contractor, so I'm in the field most of the day. But if someone wants to come in at two o'clock or or four o'clock and sit down for one on one or some information, I can definitely do that. But we are going to be holding some workshops in twenty twenty five, doing some sign ups and stuff. But you know, right now, We're just on a on a case by case basis, but we do do stuff that we do come to you like a location. So if you have an organization or you want us to come and speak to your to your to your students or your you know, your whoever you you're, you're pretty much we can definitely come out to your organization and do a presentation, depending on you know, what your needs are. It can be an hour presentation, it could be a six month presentation where we get in get down and dirty with tools and stuff like that, equipment and you know, it just depends on the organizational needs. So that's what we're really looking to do to partner with other organizations that already have a a roster student that we can just enhance their you know, their training.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm thinking. A coalition, Yes, that's it right, get in the game, coalition of rupal organizations that has the same mission of helping people be better and to do better. And that means you're gonna have to see better with these opportunities that are presented in front of you. And the thing that I love about this markets this is all unto an individual. How do you want to change your life? How do you want to show up in your life? We you got to get out the way of making excuses talking about you. Ain't got the experience talking about you, ain't got the access talking about you limited because you got to make it because you have set the record straight. Come as you are and let me give up the game to you. Here's what I would say, don't play with me, play with yourself that part right there, period.
Speaker 4: That alt right, because we don't got no time for that right We here for a.
Speaker 1: Good time, not a long time, and we gotta have to make account. And making account means taking a chance for yourself. Making an account means seeking out those resources. Making a count is to be better and to do better with your life because you have chosen it. So, ain't no more excuses about I got this record, ain't no excuses, I ain't got no skills set, Ain't no more excuses talking about you. God, ain't got no mentor because Marcus Savage is on the line right now. Marcus Savage the founder of getting the Game dot org, helping people get back into the trades and make your money at your leisure, doing what you gotta do, and having somebody that had got your back to show you how to do it.
Speaker 4: Help with some positions at Jiffy Loop. If anybody looking for something to go to work, like next week or next month, or you know, something for the holidays, they you know, we have a few employers that you know, give our our applicants a special eye may apply. So you know, if if someone's looking for a job, we can help you with that too. But we'd like to we like to concentrate on the careers and getting their longevity.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I always like to say, uh, you know, when you have a career, you know, you can you can take a vacation.
Speaker 7: You know, you can plan things with your family, you know, and a lot of times you're gonna be off on the weekends, right and you know with a job, yeah, they're gonna be Tuesday and Thursday.
Speaker 4: So you know, you got to think about those things when you're applying and you know, and you're seeking employment. What do I want to do? Do I want to go for something fast? Or am I going to struggle a little bit? Get this training with this not to get this game, you know, and and and come out strong and and be successful and something that I can do for years and years to come. And then at the end of all that, if I want to own my own business, I want to be electrical contractor. If I want to be a carpentry contractor, I want to be a plumbing contractor. I'm certificate eyes. Right, that's my new words. I'm certificate eyes to to do that.
Speaker 1: How much it costs?
Speaker 4: Free ninety nine?
Speaker 1: Hold on, I said how much it costs? You said free ninety nine. So you would have to literally choose not to be great, not to take advantage of this opportunity, right, I'll ask the people.
Speaker 4: And that's and that's the reason why I don't. I don't chase people to come. You gotta want to be here. You know, this is a this is a trade where you have to kind of want to do if you have to understand that, what's what's on the other side, Because yeah, yeah, once you do that, And that's why you see the makeup of people out there. You see you see those guys out there drenching sweat. This guy's five foot two picking up all this big, old heavy stuff. But guess what he knows at the end of the day, I don't have to worry no two jobs. I don't know how to be fumbling around with this and that when I get off work at four o'clock because I started at four in the morning, so I got off workingfo I'm done for today, you know, and I don't have to worry about it when I go to another job. Now, this is this is one of the best things. Let me get off the phone at this because I'm actually I'm actually painting the bedroom right now.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, but I wanted to.
Speaker 4: Stop and talk to you. This is one of the one of the one of the best things I love about being a union member. So when you when you finishing the sign, you're getting laid off on a job, right, because you're always gett laid off at the end of the job. To getting laid off, you know, sometimes you don't. But the next time you go to a job or work site, you don't have to ever negotiate how much they're gonna pay you what you mean by that, because the union already did that.
Speaker 1: Oh, because that's the thing. You got somebody that literally got your bag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're gonna show up. They're gonna they always already in the colective bargaining agreement, right, the carpenter makes this third period of carpenter makes this amount, right, and so you already know what you're getting said when you go to work.
Speaker 1: So what's the disparity with women? Are there a lot of women in there? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah. So the women that are in the trade that make it are highly successful. I have one young lady that is she is she moves up the letter really quick. Wow. Within four years of her of her you know, joining the Carpenter's Union, she became a journeyman. Let it took me six years, by the way. So she finished her her hers in four years, her apprenticeship in four years. She applied for a safety position, right, and she now she did her homework. She she took a certification because she had her uh, her journeyman certificate. Once she received I'm sorry, I'm going in and out, back and forth. This is how I teach. She she got her her journeyman certificate and in carpentry, and she applied for a position called a HT Certified Health and Safety Trainer. And that's a safety position to make sure that everybody on the job site has glasses. Any any any thing that you do on the job site that's unsafe, you'll get right up by that safety person. And so the safety person just controls the safety on her job site, complan plans and every team. So Britney, Britney Bradley is her name. She's working. She was working at LAX as a safety person. Within two weeks of her passing the test, she was hired by a company called J T WIMSP and that's a union company. And I can't even tell you what she's doing now, two three years ago. I haven't talked to her in a while.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 4: You know, she is doing very well. Bridget Bridget. I was just butchering the name, but I think it's Bridget Bradley. Another lady working at LAX doing well. You know, I can keep on going. There's there's there's a ton of women. One of my instructors, Mary Whitmore, she was amazing. She no, I know, God could beat her nailing. I haven't met a guy, and you know when I was in the trade to beat her nailing. So women are are there, you know. Kimberly, it's another young lady, Kimberly. She's a labor awesome worked on the on the train what is the crunch all line?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that was a huge project that lost.
Speaker 4: Right quick.
Speaker 1: Wow, So lady, this is.
Speaker 3: Not just fun that are willing to work.
Speaker 4: All you got to do is be willing to work. Will worry about lifting too much, you know, not being strong enough. You just have to be willing to try, and they'll find something that you can do. Ooh well, gosh, trust me. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a will, there's a way, y'all a better head up. Marcus Savage getting the game dot org. Make sure you call them. If you know somebody's looking for a job, if you know somebody need their record sponge, if you know somebody needs someone that's job training, if you know somebody that's trying to get pay, call Marcus Savage six six one two nine three ninety one thirty five and meet them and pull up on Manchester and Samarion. Did I say that right?
Speaker 4: Yep, yep, okayp to December samaran in Manchester right on the corner. Record all have a great day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. And also I gotta we gotta talk on the flip side. I want to talk to your wife and her business. I like to have on a podcast because she sparked my interest. Uh not saying she opposed to doctors, but it is something to be aware of that they are to treat to symptoms but not prevent them. And I think we need to open our eyes to that and see what that really looks like and what it really means. So I just want to place that on your spirit. Tell her to get rad Okay, okay, well, okay, thank you, missus.
Speaker 4: Savage, have a great day.
Speaker 1: That was Marcus Savage. Get in the game, Get in the game, he said, Dawn, I'm ready to give up the game. Who trying to be in the game, Who need a job, who need the record expudse, who need an opportunity, that possibility, listen to sim be fourth, there's a day. Don't sit here and tell me that you need some resources. Don't sit here and tell me you ain't got no job trained. Don't tell me tell me that people are not gonna give you an opportunity because you got a record. I just had a brother on the line right now. Hey, all right, anybody else want to call in with some information, some resources they want to invent, or some announcements, do whatever you want. Just allow me to ask you who you are shout out to Albert. I want to thank him so much. Mister Albert Johnson was very vulnerable and just sharing some family issues about a cousin feeling like taking advantage. Shout out to Marcus Savage, who I just hung up the phone with discussing with our community how we can be better and do better. Coming up on the December fourth event Get in the Game. They are offering a workshop from nine am to two pm live music. They're going to have a food giveaway, clothes giveaway, and employment infa may shine. So if you want it, we got it. If you want it, we got it. All right. Anybody else want to hit me up? Do we need the number? Come me eight one a four six one fifty four thirty two eight one eight four six one five four three two All right, let me tell you what to do. I'm gonna get ready head out of here. You guys have the resource information, so I'm gonna do announcement again. Listen if you would like to be a guest, you would like to email me. You got comments or perhaps you need some advice on a letter. Take down this email Vitamin d at Dawn Dai speaks dot com. In fact, I'm gonna put in the chat Vitamin D at Dawn DAI speaks dot com. Hey, miss Felicia, did you see our picture that we posted up. Marcus Savage's number? Let me put it down at the bottom, Gonna put it in the chat for everybody. Marcus Savage his number sixty six one two nine three ninety one thirty five. All right, there is the number for Marcus Savage. Y'all got it? Six six one two nine three ninety one thirty five for is December fourth event. Somebody need to get their record expunge. Somebody needs some clothes. We're talking about live music, and we're talking about job information right on the corner of Manchester and Samirian. Okay, now back to what I was saying. If you'd like to be a guest, if you need some advice or you want to share some resources, send me an email at Vitamin D at Dawn d a I speaks dot com. Let me put that down email Vitamin D at Dawn d a I speaks dot com. Well, babies, I is tad. Mama need some rest. Thank you for everyone that pulled up on me. Thank you to everyone that called in on me. I appreciate you and I love you. Make sure you follow us on all social media at Vitamin D dawn d A I. That's Vitamin D down d A I. And just know if you want some real vitamin D, that be me, baby. Follow me on all social media at dawn d A I speaks. That's dawn d A w N d A I S P E A K S. I love to hear from you. I love to see you pull up on me, all right. You know I always say I'm in the business and making dreams come true, and I damn showing gonna forget about mine. So until next time, family, always remember you are your greatest outside.
Speaker 2: Get your right in Indy right with me. I get excited about your life