Speaker 1: From there, Liza, what's up, everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome to Friday Show. More at studio.
Speaker 1: We got a big one easy trivia coming up, John Party coming up.
Speaker 2: But I do want to get to this.
Speaker 3: Call Good morning Studio. I just wanted to say that I heard lunch talking about the airline that he got an upgrade, but he wanted a downgrade.
Speaker 4: The flight attendant that.
Speaker 3: Gave him that upgrade. And guess what, little hand with the big dopey years, You're ugly. So don't even sit there and think that you are up there in the top ten.
Speaker 4: You are about a three. So don't sit here and think that you're.
Speaker 3: Something all that in the back of chips, because you are not.
Speaker 2: That's powerful, powerful messaging there.
Speaker 1: I will say that what happened was Lunchbox was like, I'm bis man, is they gave me business upgrade? And I was like, that's cool. He was like, she's a big listener of the show. I was like, well, that's cool. I said, if she walked in the room, which you bill recognize her all right, something like that. He goes, she's about six. I was just trying to describe out of no, out of nowhere, he just yells she's a six.
Speaker 5: I was describing her big head. No, he's a she said, say big head or little head. I want to watch the little head with big ears, a figure, whatever.
Speaker 3: It is, and that I like you that again, good morning, studio. I just wanted to say that I heard lunch mon talking about the airline that he got an upgrade, but he wanted a downgrade. The flight attendant that gave him that upgrade. And guess what, little hand with the big doping ears. You're ugly. So don't even sit there and think that you are up there in the top ten. You are about a three. So don't sit here and think that you're something all that in the bag of chips, because you are not.
Speaker 2: You just serve what you serve. You know what I heard is a woman that wants me.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, she's as bad as you can't have me.
Speaker 1: Okay, there is a new study that's uncovered the truth about how physical attractiveness is perceived. It's and we probably all give yourself the number you think you probably really are in real life, one through ten.
Speaker 2: What we can do this? Yeah? Easy? I would go six and a half for me.
Speaker 6: Oh you six and a half?
Speaker 2: Okay? Ten? Yeah? Seven and a half.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's that's the number we would all give ourselves. According to the study, the median man not the rates themselves, but the median man is righted by everybody else. It's a five point nine out of ten. That's average. Five point nine.
Speaker 2: Oh, that sucks to be average.
Speaker 1: While the median woman scores if they hold up a bunch of pictures at six point five.
Speaker 2: So about that. What's up? There are some barkers out there, but they're also guys are ugly, yeah, more than women.
Speaker 6: If it looks a relative.
Speaker 2: No, look, we all pretty much agree. What's hot now general? Generally?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a cultural definition of what we find attractive.
Speaker 6: Yes, we've been conditioned its attracted.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've been conditioned to think everything.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There are about fifteen percent of people in the world, though, that find you extremely attractive, fifteen percent regardless of what you are, because whatever the little things are about you, your little.
Speaker 6: Quirks, like a little head and big ears.
Speaker 8: Maybe that's dope ears, yes, this is, but this is everybody, like everyone, no matter what you look like, you have fifteen percent of.
Speaker 2: The average person.
Speaker 1: Between fifteen to twenty percent of people will rate them in the top twenty percent of most attractive. Wow, there's even five percent that will put you in the top five because of something about what you have is exactly what somebody else is looking for physically without even knowing you.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: So that means hang in there right here, You hang in there because somebody is gonna like you for your big dopey head and little ears. Here.
Speaker 2: She came hard. That's what women knew when they want me, can't they can? They come hard? They come on aggressive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they get aggressive and like, oh man, that man, I can't have them to be I'm gonna put him down because it's something I want.
Speaker 2: It make me feel better not having it. No, No, she was just upset because you put down somebody for no reason. I didn't put him by down.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's.
Speaker 2: Anonymous, Sinba. Here's a question to.
Speaker 1: Be Hello, Bobby Brongs. I had a really great first date with a woman. Met her on a dating app. We hit it off. I asked her if she'd like to go out again. She says she'd love to, but she wants to bring her twelve year old daughter along. I said we could schedule the date for another time if she needs to be with her daughter, but she said she wants a daughter to meet me because how well I got along with her daughters important to her as well.
Speaker 2: Is this weird?
Speaker 1: It makes me feel a little uncomfortable. Should I agree to see how it goes? Or risk upsetting her by telling her I'm not comfortable with meeting her daughter yet? Signed man and a family affair. So there's a difference in weird and wrong, and sometimes weird can be wrong, but weird doesn't always have to be wrong.
Speaker 2: So is it weird?
Speaker 1: Yes, doesn't have to be wrong. Second date, I'm gonna ring a kenn Ont date. That is weird, That is abnormal, very weird. Yeah, I'm gonna say again, if you're going to date and have these extremely rigid rules about who you are and only what you'll date, it's not gonna go well if it's something that you don't mind doing other than it feels weird because traditionally you wait to meet the person's daughter. It's like that idea is there, and that's that's always been I think you go don't let that keep you back. If you just don't because you're like, I don't want the daughter On the second it's not good for me. It's not good for I don't like that as the daughter. Yeah, so maybe the daughter just wants to go to a nice restaurant, Like, I really don't know the reasoning.
Speaker 6: Do you have to pay for the daughter?
Speaker 2: I would think so yes, yeah, And that's a great question.
Speaker 1: And I think it could possibly be the mom being smart to be and like, I don't even like this guy, but you want to go out back. If you like this woman over a seven point five and you're not completely against it, I would be open to allow your.
Speaker 2: Boundaries to be unboundaried a bit.
Speaker 1: So if you really like her, I would I would say, sure, not really something I've ever done, not something that feels I'll just say it's a little weird, but absolutely, let's let's give it a try. I think when you date and you're older and she has reasons, probably that she wants her daughter.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know the reasons, and you don't know the reasons either. So if you like her, I say, do it. Even though it's weird, weird doesn't mean wrong. Weird can be wrong, but weird doesn't mean wrong all the time.
Speaker 2: Is it weird?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so bizarre, it's not awesome, that's weird. I'd probably be like, I'm good.
Speaker 7: But he also just asks too, like is it should I risk upsetting her by sharing with her how I feel about this, and I think that this is a good opportunity to share something like this with her.
Speaker 1: And she reacts for every reason. Twelve year old and sharing super emotion.
Speaker 6: It's mad at that.
Speaker 2: I agree, that's a psychotic sign. Go on the date. Oh no, I've not gotten to this point.
Speaker 1: Just go on the date, because you're gonna go, and it's probably gonna be weird, and then at least you'll know you messed up. Anyway, it's one day, it's two hours of your time. Oh gosh, it's two hours of your time.
Speaker 6: No, dating's exhausting, Yeah, you actually like.
Speaker 2: I didn't do it for one hundred years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well dating is older. I'm dating old with kids. And I like that you said the weird or right Like sometimes I'll ask myself the question of like right wrong wise, And with this there is no right or wrong because every kid, every parent, probably she is different.
Speaker 6: However, I don't think it's wise.
Speaker 2: I don't I think it's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think if you like her a lot and you see that possibly this could be a fourth or fifth date or sixth date.
Speaker 2: Now you're not saying anything.
Speaker 1: Serious, do it and have an experience from it, and have a story, because when it doesn't go well, at least you'll know and you can tell your friends this freaking light batter twelve yearl But how many.
Speaker 7: Guys is this twelve year old meeting?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know the answer, and it's probably not going to work out. The truth is, it's probably not going to work out. It's probably not okay, but go anyway. But there's a chance if you, if you like really were excited about it, and you like her, she this mom may have different reason that you have no idea about bringing the twelve year old.
Speaker 2: I she could be in trouble. I don't know. I don't know, so it's weird.
Speaker 1: I probably wouldn't do it, but I'm gonna encourage you to stretch your boundary a little bit. If you really liked the person from the first eight if you were admit about it, don't worry about it, don't do it at all. Fun I got a lot of fun facts are so fun. I've been hold this with for like two days. James Cameron when he made Titanic, like, you know why I wanted to make Titanic. He's very selfish because he was like, I just want to go down and look at the wreckage. That's that's the reason he wanted to get the studio to pay him to dive down. And so he was like, well, and it wasn't even really making the movie. He was like, I didn't really particularly care to make a movie, but he had to make a movie since he wanted, and that is how Titanic came about.
Speaker 8: I recently saw a study that the scientists went down there and like, stuff's really deteriorating, like there's not a lot left.
Speaker 2: It's a waterdot.
Speaker 7: How long is it?
Speaker 2: When did that sink? I don't know, twenties, probably twenties, Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: If you see a picture of the Titanic now versus what a cruise ship looks like, the Titanic looks like a flat bottom fisher boat. Yes, tiny, it's tiny, really well at the time it was Titanic, but yeah that now it'll be really small.
Speaker 2: Fun fact Friday Amy.
Speaker 6: Mine's from the ocean too.
Speaker 7: You can hear a blue whale's heartbeat, or it can be detected two miles away, meaning.
Speaker 2: With some of the radar like son you can you can hear it. Not like do you guys hear that?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's two miles Titanic's sake. April fourteenth to nineteen twelve. Oh so close, close to the twenty lunchbox. Count with me zero zero, one, one, two, two three, okay, okay, get to the point, guys.
Speaker 2: It will take you to get to one.
Speaker 5: Thousand for the first number to have a letter A in it. You can count from zero to one thousand. The first one to have the letter A is one thousand.
Speaker 2: Counting, what was it go? How long would you have gone with us? As long as you want to go? I didn't want to go any But that crazy that.
Speaker 5: If you counting the first number to happen the letter.
Speaker 2: A is one thousand. It's just yeah, thous Eddie does have a bee nine? Yeah? Which one? One hundred? That's crazy too. But the bowel A is so common. Yeah, I hear you don't.
Speaker 1: Does any have a B one two three? Have an eight hundred thousand?
Speaker 2: You gotta get the billion. Oh my god, that's even better. Thank you. You get the billion You just trumped him. Why that's even fun? That's crazy. Keep counting. Let's you gave me something fun, Eddie gave us something real fun. Go ahead, Eddie.
Speaker 8: So, according to scientists, this is crazy, but crows the bird. Crows can remember human faces associated with stressful situations for up to five years. So if you're stressed out because of a bird, the bird knows your face and remembers it for five years.
Speaker 2: None only that, it warns their friends about you, like don't go near or they're stressed to go get their food and you like, don't get near that near the stress.
Speaker 6: How do they know this?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think you can't prove he's wrong. Try it. Yeah, okay, good luck, Okay, Morgan.
Speaker 9: So, Bobby, you're allergic to dogs, but did you know that your dogs can also be allergic to you. They can be allergic to our dead skin sales like dander, just like we would have the same allergic reactions. They also get itchy skin and have difficulty breathing.
Speaker 1: There's human dander, I have I believe that I never thought about it though, Yeah, that there is human dander. When Disneyland first opened, it had a lingerie shop on Main Street.
Speaker 6: What did it sell?
Speaker 7: I know, but when it first because like was that like a long nightgown back then?
Speaker 1: It lasted less than six months so wasn't really a hit. And finally, the Wright brothers had two older brothers, Royklyn and Lauren. They were not invited to be part of the whole flying thing. Oh they also had a sister named Katherine.
Speaker 2: That's like the Manning brother. No, he got hurt. Yeah, but nobody knows who he is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he got hurt and couldn't. These guys just didn't get invited. That's terrible. That's my fun for them. The old Cooper, the old Dismanning brother.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he says insurance.
Speaker 2: Right, a wide receiver in high school. He doesn't really so insurance, I mean is probably his thing before they blew up. I think once they made it, he kind of he's hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but his son Art she played the Texas. Yeah, there you go it.
Speaker 2: That's fine. Look how much fun that was.
Speaker 1: But Ed, you made it so much fun as talk, you gave something fine, then you nailed it with that be but b is not as cool as a ask me that's Bobby.
Speaker 6: You would think there would be an amy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a big a right there. All right, thank you, Right, it's time for the good news.
Speaker 8: Beverly is an eighty seven year old crossing guard out of school in Illinois, and it's been so hot lately. So what she decided to do was go to the store spend her own money, and she bought ice cream bars, put it in a cooler, and when they got out of school at three o'clock, when they crossed the street, she is it here, take an ice cream bar. You can cool off because it's so hot out here. It's my favorite crossing ard ever. Yeah, she be free ice cream. She's my favorite whatever. I don't know what job she has. Free ice cream I am in. It doesn't matter what kind of day you had it ice cream or anywhere, school or work. I was making me ice cream right now. Well, sorry, we didn't get you any dang it bags.
Speaker 2: What's her name again?
Speaker 1: Beverly eighty seven years old, still given out ice cream. That is what it's all about.
Speaker 2: That was telling me something good. It's I very easy trivia. It's the easiest game ever. For example, Eddie got the champion. Yeah, yeah, the champs.
Speaker 1: Here the question what color is SpongeBob SquarePants? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yellow? Correct? Easy, Morgan? What color are the minions?
Speaker 6: They're also yellow?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: No, Abby is going to play? Abbey's in the game, right up? Yeah, we're only reminded play that voice?
Speaker 2: No, Ray, Hey Bobby? When somebody wins easy trivia, ain't they supposed to eliminate somebody so somebody else could play? So Amy has been elemad?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I know, Abby? What color is big bird yellow? Correct? Lutchbox, what color is a tennis ball? Yellow? Correct? Good job? All right, See that's how easy it is all the way around. Eddie has a tr He's the champion.
Speaker 7: Yea.
Speaker 1: By the way, this season, Lunchbox is the only one with the win.
Speaker 2: Who wow wow feels good. I got no wins last year.
Speaker 1: The category is sports, Eddie, And which sport would you find a birdie and an eagle golf?
Speaker 2: Correct? Oregon?
Speaker 1: What sport is played on a rink and involves hitting a puck into a goal hockey?
Speaker 2: Correct? Abby?
Speaker 1: What sport uses a Netta racket and a ball, and it's played on a rectangular court?
Speaker 6: That would be tennis?
Speaker 2: Correct, Lunchbox.
Speaker 1: What sport is associated with home runs and strikeouts baseball.
Speaker 2: It's so easy. Good job everybody. Round two. If you miss it, you're gonna get boned. You've been booed.
Speaker 1: One percent harder, Eddie, come on. The category is two thousands of movies. What two thousand and eight movie tells the story of a wealthy man who becomes a superhero in a metal suit.
Speaker 2: That's Batman. That is incorrect, that's iron Man. You've been just like Batman before we went on the air. Eddie goes against GAMEO with let me win it, Let's move on. I didn't say that off the are. Yeah he did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh my god, Oh man, that I did sound like Batman.
Speaker 2: This sounds just like two thousand and eight Metal Suit. I didn't hear that two thousand eight. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Morgan who played Jack Sparrow and Pirates of the Caribbean The Curse of the Black Pearl correct, Abby what animated film released in two thousand and one, follows the story of an ogre Oh Shrek correct Lunchbox two thousand and three. This movie, there's a clown fish and a father search missing son, all that crap finding Nemo correct. I started to get emotional. It's too much like my story. Oh stupid. Right, Next up, third grade US history. What's the name of the ship that brought the pilgrims to America?
Speaker 2: The correct?
Speaker 1: Abby, What US document starts with we the People?
Speaker 7: That's the Declaration of Independence?
Speaker 2: Incorrect?
Speaker 6: No, the Constitution.
Speaker 1: You've been boned. Constitution was the answer. Lunchbox. Feeling good, lunchbox. You know one thing you love well?
Speaker 2: I love women? Money?
Speaker 1: So stupid women money, because you can have money, you can't have women.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Which US president is on the quarter?
Speaker 2: He doesn't have change. That's fall man.
Speaker 1: I don't carry quarters man women.
Speaker 2: Yes, what US president is on the quarter? This is to stay in the game.
Speaker 5: My kids found one with the restaurant the other night and he was holding the toilet.
Speaker 2: Where we're going. I'm just trying to I'm gonna go to Washington. Correct.
Speaker 1: Two people remain Let's box and Morgan. The category is Bible trivia. Serious, Hey Morgan, what's what's the first book of the Bible?
Speaker 2: Morgan? Really?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: Chapter one? That makes sense.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to think of on the name.
Speaker 2: What's the first book of the Bible? You know, I know there's peace, love phones if they both get boned, though we move on another. Yeah, we just yea.
Speaker 1: Could possibly be pH, you know Joseph, Joseph in the Book of Joseph. I know it's actually a genesis, So a bone her.
Speaker 2: That's a good guess. Was going to go with that one lunchbox. Yeah, for the wind man. What did David use to defeat Goliath? That's in the Bible? Where did you think it was from? I thought it was a made up book. I got a little children's.
Speaker 1: Book that there probably been children's books made with the story of David, and that to be fair.
Speaker 2: I mean, the only thing he could have used is a sword he got he got on with the old king Arthur. The only thing is the only thing. Yeah, he pulled it out of that rock.
Speaker 1: And how you're thinking in the stone also a kid's Yeah, no, a slingshot in a stone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are both right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just went to the.
Speaker 2: Three questions here we go. Really learned that in the But what what section of that is that? One? In what se? How many books are there?
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, famous women in history? This is your first question. There are three buzz in with your name, three women questions?
Speaker 2: No, just one?
Speaker 1: Who is the first woman to fly solo. Amelia Earhart correct.
Speaker 2: Question number two.
Speaker 1: Which band in the category of two thousands of music? Which band had a hit with Hay the Delilah in.
Speaker 2: Want You Want to Want More? Get on the board.
Speaker 1: I can't get on the board, but yeah, how would you pronounce the word psalms?
Speaker 2: If blood? There's a voicemail from last night.
Speaker 4: I'll be listening to the show for about seventeen years now. I just recently moved to Austin, and I wanted.
Speaker 10: To ask you, guys, could you please remind us, remind the whole world which Culver's it was.
Speaker 2: Here in Austin that you and Hangy met at. I just moved to Austin.
Speaker 4: I want to go check it out.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: It's up north. It was off Burnett. I don't know if it's torn down yet or what they're doing.
Speaker 6: But yeah, they so they still own it, but they moved it.
Speaker 7: Further north because that one is going something going in there.
Speaker 6: Like a big building.
Speaker 1: Amy and I met it at Culver. Yeah, Austin, if it's there, Wow, you.
Speaker 2: Guys met nor. I thought it was the one off Brody.
Speaker 7: I always no, because he was at the discount tire, next door change, and I was only I was up north because we had a tile warehouse up there when I was selling westbreaker.
Speaker 1: Land twenty two forty West breaker Land. If it's still there, I thought there was a plaque there that said, you know.
Speaker 7: They were going to do a plaque and then they tore there in the building and realize, oh.
Speaker 6: Shoot, we gotta get we gotta relocate.
Speaker 2: Here is another voice. Now I got a morning corny for Amy. How fast is milk? Well, it's pasteurized before I even know.
Speaker 7: It past your eyes.
Speaker 2: Boom, a pile of stories.
Speaker 7: So I have the most acceptable reasons to make a phone call in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: You're dying, and it's the you need. You need me to know that you're dying. That's if you call me. I know something is wrong, Yes, because nobody calls me because I don't answer the phone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you kind of fall into the category of like thirty five and under that age range they do not answer the phone for any reason. And even though you're forty four or whatever, like you don't call me, you're like them if you FaceTime me.
Speaker 1: I think it's an important thing. You like to have a discussion about it. I would prefer a text, but I'll take a FaceTime. Don't call me unless you're dying, because I won't answer. Oh if it's somebody I know and they're calling me, I know something's wrong.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I don't mind if people call me. But apparently a lot of people in the world.
Speaker 2: If here's why, here's why, people get distracted.
Speaker 1: Either on the phone and they start talking and then I start talking back, and they're not even listening to They're doing three other things at once, and I'm like, why are we doing this? That's why I want FaceTime because I can see that you're focused and we can get off of this thing.
Speaker 7: Okay, phone calls again, they don't bother me. But these are the acceptable reasons for a phone call. To inform someone of a.
Speaker 2: Death, Okay, I'll accept it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like if someone dies, okay.
Speaker 7: To show support when someone's going through a tough time, you want to do a check.
Speaker 2: In, Okay, I'm fine with them.
Speaker 6: To wish them a happy birthday, Nope.
Speaker 2: No call for birthday. That's a text and then or a FaceTime.
Speaker 6: Okay. If you're running late, like, hey, I'm gonna be there, and.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't call for that. How do you have time to call me if you're runn late? Won't you take that time and you actually get here faster.
Speaker 7: When you're lost in trying to find something like hey, I can't find it, saying.
Speaker 1: That because the text they may not see it. That one I'll co sign.
Speaker 7: And then when it comes to health updates positive or negative, the positive would be we're pregnant. Negative would be like, we're not yegative cancer cancer.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think the cancer will in person.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be honest with you.
Speaker 1: If you just called me to say, hey, man, get cancer, I'll be like, why that's true?
Speaker 8: Well unless you don't live in the same FACETI that one.
Speaker 7: Okay, So now Bobby has his own special list of FaceTime versus.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be on the phone.
Speaker 1: I want to hold it up to my ear because you're not going to be paying the attention that you need for us to end this conversation. It's like dinner. I don't want to talk after the check. I want to check we've had our time. It's been awesome, by the way, thanks for having dinner with me. It's been great to see you again, But I'm good. We just spent the time eating and I would like to finish my last bite and have the check paid and leave.
Speaker 7: Eddie's has teenage kids.
Speaker 6: Do you feel as though they don't know how to talk on the phone.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, same, My kids don't not talk about that at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's weird. My kids do not know how to talk on the phone. I need to send them to phone.
Speaker 8: Call and they need to learn patience too, Like if they can't get a hold of me, they call me one hundred. Yes, I'm like your girlfriend, You're not gonna have girlfriends you.
Speaker 2: Keep doing this.
Speaker 7: I think we just used to not being able to get ahold of our parents, so we're.
Speaker 6: Not like that.
Speaker 1: The really funny thing is when people younger than us to do the hand to sign for a phone because there isn't one like hold it up to. Yeah, when you do, when you do, day it looks like Hanglo's Hawaii. That's also the phone. But nobody holds the phone up to it. That's not a thing, especially not a cell phone, so no one really does.
Speaker 8: That's true too. My kids don't hold it up to They always do speaker all right.
Speaker 7: But else, a study found that one major thing can make men live longer, and that one thing is you're right.
Speaker 6: Marriage.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's not what I was thinking either.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because what happens is when y'all get a wife, you are in better physical, mental, and emotional shape.
Speaker 6: And because the wife, buddy, they are.
Speaker 2: Not in better physical shape because the're married. It's it's gone the opposite way. No, yeah, physical, not so much.
Speaker 6: Maybe mental and emotional.
Speaker 2: Speaking of emotional, I don't know about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, study the show men age. The funny part is women who get married. Uh, there's no real improvements. But there's also not a client. They say the same. So the key ingredient here is women just help everything. And then George Kittle, finally, this story is about Super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 6: He was saying who he thinks to play?
Speaker 2: Who he is?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he plays with Travis.
Speaker 8: He does not.
Speaker 2: He plays the same position, but he's not playing with Kelsey.
Speaker 6: Oh he plays the same position, but not on the same team.
Speaker 2: What team does Kittle? Could you say it so much?
Speaker 6: He plays for the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 2: He plays, he lives in Nashville.
Speaker 6: Yes, I've seen him working out.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm driving on the road and just shim working out.
Speaker 2: That's cool. He played for the forty nine or ago.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Or do you see a working out read the chiefs are read the boarder nunners, or.
Speaker 2: You saw him working out video like, oh my god, you're out of you tell the story.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, my friend had a video of him working out Taylor Swift and Jimmy.
Speaker 6: It wasn't on video.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it wasn't on social media.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, okay.
Speaker 7: He said jelly Roll should play the halftime show, which little fun fact about country music halftime The last time a country artist played the halftime show was two thousand and three and that was Shania Twain and she was joined by No Doubt in Steam.
Speaker 1: But Jelly Roll wouldn't be a country music artist doing the halftime show. He would be an artist that has country music hits because we consider him one of us. But he also has songs that have gone number one hit pop and hip hop. It'd be yeah, just a bigger deal.
Speaker 7: The last completely country halftime show was in nineteen ninety four, Garth Clint Black. No, Shania was two thousand and three and she had pop artists with her. This was Clint Black, Tanya Tucker, Travis Tritt, and then Wyona and Amy jed.
Speaker 6: Wow, there you go, thinking a little history for you. There's my pile.
Speaker 2: That was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 4: Much box.
Speaker 5: A mom, a seven year old child, a pet tortoise and a pet cat out on a sailboat off a Hawaii one thousand miles from Hawaii and they have to hit the alert beacon sending us message to the coast Guard.
Speaker 2: The capital of the ship died.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So they are stranded and they're a thousand miles and the tortoise is there too, and yes, there's a lot.
Speaker 2: This is a lot. Okay, I'm still in but we're layering up here. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: And there was a hurricane out there at the Oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: We are talking twenty a hurricane, a dead cat. This sounds like a Bible story. It sounds like at the beginning, a tortoise, cat and man walking to a bar.
Speaker 5: And we were talking twenty five foot waves, folks. And they don't have anybody to drive the boat. So they got to send the coast guard. They they got to get out there and rescue these people. And they get out there and it's too dangerous, so they have to wait overnight until they can get them off the ship.
Speaker 1: But they found them a thousand miles out, thousand miles away. They're song about that, a thousand miles miles nowhere. Yeah, good for them. I mean, I guess the sailboat you need to know how to sail and not just drive a boat, but also you need to know how to use a compass.
Speaker 2: And I don't have to do that either, right, And the captain's gone, Yeah, bodies in the boat. Do they get the capitol? Do they let them go down with the ship? The ship doesn't, probably doesn't go down. They probably get them off.
Speaker 5: Well what do they do with the ship? Do you think they just told the ship one thousand miles Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, probably.
Speaker 6: Probably one mile at a time.
Speaker 1: Anyway, shout out Navy Coast Guard for saving the life and the tourists made it.
Speaker 2: Thank good. That's a good story. That's what it's all about. That was telling me something good. Now let's go to Amy with the Morning Corny. The Morning Corny.
Speaker 6: Why did the loaf of bread have an attitude?
Speaker 1: Why it was so though it was so sour. So that was the morning corny. We'd a studio with John Party. Good to see you, buddy, always good to see you guys.
Speaker 2: What the heck man? Where you been? Like you on the road a lot yet or no.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we've been on the road. We had a long stretch of shows. We did like seven shows on like ten days or something crazy. But it was like shorter sets and longer sets and a day off and then we got a week off and I got a couple of weeks off.
Speaker 2: But we played with Brooks and done on Friday. That was fun. Isn't that cool, like you get to do stuff with like heroes?
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, it was and it was really fun. And we played a ninety minute set. They played a ninety minute set, kind of got to hang with Ronnie and Kicks and it was just like and the bands hung out, like, I don't know, it's fun.
Speaker 2: Do you feel that there is?
Speaker 1: And it makes sense, but you being this singer and if you can't sing, the show can't go on. Like you have to actually take care of yourself and go to bed at a normal time. You can't really go as hard anymore because if you do get sick, blow your voice out, party too hard? Well, that's irresponsible. Like there's a new responsibility you have to have as like CEO of John Party Industries.
Speaker 11: I feel like, and it's it's hard when you get sick. That's the worst. I mean, but you got to you gotta be there for the people paying for the tickets.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 11: Even that night when we played Brooks and Done, I wasn't. I wasn't midle like eleven thirty and uh Ronnie and Kicks. They started late, so they were like asking where I was. I was like, how's baby number two? Baby number two is uh beautiful and healthy and she's very new, like.
Speaker 2: Fresh with baby number two? Is there a difference?
Speaker 1: And oh, we've been through this one so we can kind of figure this out again more than the first one.
Speaker 11: Summer is way more chill with the second baby because now she's been through it. But I describe it as like a baby in one arm and then chasing Presley because she's like all into discovering things. She likes to climb. She's just getting We got her a dryer race, a little whiteboard, and she's just cudloring and so she's just learning all kinds of new stuff, says, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 2: So the name seeing a Grace Party, where did that come from?
Speaker 11: Well, summer love Sienna. I was like, it's a minivan. She didn't care. I liked grace. Seeing a Grace sounded good together, gets the minivan a great mini vine that's a great minivan. It's a Toyota, okay, but it just kind of flows together. I thought Grace Party was a pretty name. Kind of it sounded cool. But seeing a Grace so, you know, just just keeping summer happy whatever she wants.
Speaker 1: How is a day in the life of John Party changed? Since two children are now in your life?
Speaker 2: I don't go. I don't you know.
Speaker 11: I do stuff, but we stay home quite a bit, and it's it's like I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you got it.
Speaker 11: I thought I had a lot of stuff, but these kids, like if we go anywhere, is like we got to pack all kinds of stuff, and it literally like takes us at least half an hour just to get everything back to ready to get in the car to go anywhere with the kids.
Speaker 2: And that's like a new thing where you used to be like.
Speaker 11: Let's go have you you know, Now it's like, oh, man.
Speaker 1: Is it double time with a second kid or is it like time and a half since you kind of already have it down.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 11: We haven't really gone anywhere with seeing them. But it's it's hard because if you're by yourself, it's you gotta wrangle Presley. And Pressley's still like she just does what she wants. She's still learning communication and like, I mean, you can't be like Presley get in the car. Are She's not She's gonna be walking down the driveway, you know. So it's a it's it's it's good, but we got help. You know, we got great nannies and so everybody's taking care of it. It's it's nice, but we're staying home quite a bit. I'm gone, we stay home.
Speaker 1: What about the laicies on kids? You know how they have this little back then we're a little leash.
Speaker 2: Would you ever do that? I mean, it's not a bad idea, but I don't. I don't. I don't think it looks great. It's not on their neck, by the way. It's just like the harness Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a hard they're harnessed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but do you understand why that would be needed if you had a kid that really wanted to fly out.
Speaker 11: It's a safety thing, you know. But hey, look I can't guarantee, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You don't want to guarantee. One day you might see a release on Preshley seeing it when they're running around.
Speaker 11: But no, I don't know. I think it's just it's just a full time, full time watch.
Speaker 1: Right now, we're gonna play the new one, Friday Night Heartbreaker.
Speaker 2: I don't know, talk about why you pick this song.
Speaker 11: It's a hot girl warning song. It's always been it's always been good, you know, make sure people people sure get their heartbreaking man.
Speaker 7: Oh, because she's a like Friday night she goes out and breaks arts.
Speaker 11: That's it's just a fun song. Hot girl warning, hot girl warning, look out.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like people know what kind of songs you like?
Speaker 1: If they're they write wanted like, oh, this is jomp party song, which you send this to him?
Speaker 11: I don't know, I don't know if they this one's it's it's it's just cool. It's got a spooky vibe to it, and it's got it's kind of sexy, and it's just got kind of a thing to it that I gravitated to and it's just cool and it's it's a different song for me, and it's just fun, you know, and it's got I don't know, it's it's it's got that spooky minor chord to it, and uh, it's just a fun song. And we still got fiddle and still all over it. And but for this, this new chapter of music, I mean, work with Jay Joyce and we hit it off. Loved work with Jay. It was just like a really cool different sound. I mean, I feel like, you know, you can't just do the same thing in music. You got to you gotta change it up. And it was nice to come in with the fresh, you know, chapter of a new music. And I thought Friday Night Heartbreaker is a cool song and I thought it was a great lead off to the new project because its screams like, listen to me.
Speaker 2: Doing a bunch of shows. I mean, you're all the way to the end of the year pretty much, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we got the Christmas thing now, but I love the Christmas show building that up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got the horn section, but yeah, that's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 11: We got a horn bus. You don't want to ride on that bus. Nobody the horn section rides with the horn section.
Speaker 2: I would imagine that is the least smelly of the buses. Probably the cleanest. The cleanest of the buses would be the horn buses.
Speaker 1: And so you're doing your mister Saturday night, you're doing the Christmas shows.
Speaker 2: How did that go last year? I know he did a couple shows in New.
Speaker 11: York, right, We did one in New York and it was great, Yeah, and it was so much fun. The fans in New York would be bummed that we're not back in New York City, but maybe next year. And now we're going to the West Coast and we've got some shows in New Mexico and Texas. I chose casinos for the the Christmas Show because I feel like you always get a good theater that can I mean, it's all about having a fifteen piece band.
Speaker 2: That's that's the realist.
Speaker 11: There's a room, Yeah, there's always roomy casinos, and the people can travel, they can always get a nice hotel, and so I wanted to keep it that way for that. But in the midst of Saturday nights, all amphitheaters and arenas and.
Speaker 2: So we're excited. We're busy, but it's fun.
Speaker 1: How do you warm up your voice? Do you have a specific thing you do before a show to warm up your voice?
Speaker 2: Hot water?
Speaker 11: And then like I have pre recorded vocal lessons and I'll probably do that for like ten minutes, like the gee gee gee gee gee.
Speaker 1: Gee geegee, and you just try to match the pitch or do you just do.
Speaker 2: I do the vocal runs. It's okay. Sometimes it's like.
Speaker 11: That's a good one, and then the geek gee gee gee geeg or key key key key. I mean, it's it's it's it's it's so strange to people, but it really does help.
Speaker 1: If you were to go on stage without doing any sort of vocal warm up at all and have to a ninety minute.
Speaker 2: Say I'm good to go by the third song. It takes a couple of songs.
Speaker 11: Yeah, by by the by the second the second song is good and sometimes like I'll we got this song called Paycheck and it's it's like a hard working working man song and girls too, but we start with just me and an electric and then rocking in. The band comes back in and that kind of helps. It helps because it's just me and a guitar and it's really just singing with the band. That's it gets louder and more energizing. So but yeah, no, you definitely gonna warm up.
Speaker 1: Do you have any music you listen to to get yourself fired up before show or a specific playlist that you would listen to?
Speaker 11: No, I mean, honestly, like I play like a lot of lo Fi on the road, just just because we've been in New music land and sometimes it's just nice to hear music with no lyrics, just like you don't have to think about it. Yeah, it's like it's like very like funky, like it's it's cool, like if you were studying you'd put a little fie on, or if you just want chill and because sometimes you know, you guys got to listen to music all time, and you know, lyrics they give a motion. It makes you think and see your songwriter do this blah blah and Lofi is just like chilling.
Speaker 2: So do you get recognized without the hat? Yes? And I I was my favorite. One has happened that I never thought of.
Speaker 11: Here, I just had shorts like a polo shirt and we're at top golf somewhere like outside of Philadelphia, and like I was like, nobody's gonna know me here, and these two cute teenage girls and their mom camp like follow me, and they're like, can we get a picture? I was like wow, you know it was it just blew me away because I was just like backwards hat playing top golf and I don't know, so yeah, how a six four.
Speaker 2: Miss? Yeah?
Speaker 11: I mean jealous that I do you know in summer if they follow Summer Summer is always posting pictures of me, like just wearing athletic.
Speaker 2: Gear outside, or are you a good golfer? I'm getting better. I'm getting better.
Speaker 11: I got I can I can par and then definitely a lot of Snowman's, but I can hit the par.
Speaker 2: And because it looks like a snowman. Oh okay, you pick up after snowman's. If you if you're playing after snowman, this is the wrong game. You play pickleball at all I have. I do not play pickleball because.
Speaker 1: There's like two groups of like the artist he clubs around here. You know that everybody plays golf or pickleball. Some do both, but like you know, Dirk's this big pickleball.
Speaker 11: Guy, Dirks Dirks Is He's like what thirty one flavors whatever.
Speaker 2: Remember when Dirk's was in the Curly Karlaine, it was like the little sweeper guys.
Speaker 11: Yes, it was like they were like trying to go to the Olympics, like him and his band around Curly. That was so funny, Like where to even find that in Nashville? But these hockey so very much. What is your favorite song of yours, of all time?
Speaker 2: Of all time? It's a tough one.
Speaker 11: I mean, honestly, I think head Over Boots is one of my favorites because one favorite that got a lot of favorite there's a lot.
Speaker 1: Of they're like we're gonna celebrate John party today one and we're gonna play one song and it can always change, but today I head her Boots.
Speaker 11: Head over Boots. It's just so you can dance to it. It's happy, it's about falling in love. And that's why I wrote it. When I wrote head of Her Boots, I went to a Texas dance hall and everybody was dancing the sad music because.
Speaker 2: It was had to dance speak to it. But it was like she left me and.
Speaker 11: Like like you know, and so I was like, man, we could really use like a dancing song. It's about fall in love and like I'm heead of her boots for you. And then that's how I came up. And and when you write music, and I feel like when we make music, we we we make music to hit people's emotions and like, you know, make them feel stuff. And for that, for like my first number one and having that idea and I wanting to make people happier while they're dancing, it was like it was it's just a good moment.
Speaker 2: It's we play that the last song we play every night. What is your favorite song of all time?
Speaker 11: All these questions it's like, was it like if you're on the island, what one album would you bring? Or it's like an interview. I know, okay, the favorite song of all time? That's it's tough, it's very that's very hard.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do this. You're mount rushmore of songs. Do you need me to vamp while you think that it takes time that we have all of it.
Speaker 6: But you've never been asked what's your favorites?
Speaker 1: Like like if you were to come to me and go, what is your favorite song? I can easily go John Mayer, stop this train. I can go Blue as Crying in the Rain Willie Nelson, I can go Ain't No Sunshine? Bill Withers like, those are like my favorite songs of all time. And do I commit to those forever? I don't know, but right now those are my favorite songs of all time.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we can switch it.
Speaker 1: Well during this interview, you will not switch it. But the next time you come in, I will not hold you personally responsible for.
Speaker 2: Anything you say.
Speaker 11: Here on the road again, Willie Nelson. Solid song got a great story.
Speaker 2: Behind it too.
Speaker 11: He wrote it for his movie and they like the movie was done, but they didn't have a song.
Speaker 2: And I think he liked last minute.
Speaker 11: It was like needs to be a song about being on the road, and it's on the road again.
Speaker 1: Wrote on the back of a paper bag on an airplane and it was such a legendary song.
Speaker 2: And I love that you know.
Speaker 1: Again starts with a chorus too, which is super interesting. They didn't do that a lot back then.
Speaker 2: I love that. One one of my favorites. Let's see. I mean John Mayer has got some songs all right, since it's you know, it's this train, one of my favorite all time.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna find another you yeah that that came out. We were golfing and it came on. I was like, damn, that's good. So that's that's one of my favorites. One it's very soulful.
Speaker 2: And then you know, my girl, my girl, it's like, dunn, dunt you hear that. It's like, let's go such ahine so good.
Speaker 1: I think people will be surprised at the soul that you have in your voice because they know you singing traditional country songs, but you have a lot of soul in you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we got and the on the new record that we we we went after that, there's some there's some songs called Gambler Men. It's very soulful. There's a father daughter song called She Drives Away. It's beautiful, very This new record is very it's personal, but it's it's also you still want to go dance to billy bubs, you know, you still want to go downtown Nashville dance around and it's rocking.
Speaker 2: The new song is out.
Speaker 1: We played it friday en a heartbreaker where I don't know think about an album yet, so we're waiting on that's coming.
Speaker 2: At some point.
Speaker 11: The album is done and I'm just we're just gonna say it's going to be at the top of next year.
Speaker 1: Like the first one time, it takes like nine years for a new album, so I don't know remember that time, like nine years for an album.
Speaker 11: I was like, Hey, by the time this record come out, Zach Brown probably put two records out.
Speaker 1: The tour September fifth starts in Baltimore, sixteen more shows on the Mister Saturday Night World tour.
Speaker 2: Everywhere is doing the Christmas shows.
Speaker 1: Again, and I don't know, man, it's it's really good to see you, congrats on everything, and can't wait to hear all the new music.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and I can't wait. I can't wait.
Speaker 6: Wait guys, did you get to four?
Speaker 2: Because Mount Russell? He didn't.
Speaker 1: I said three, and I think he just mimicked my three. And I don't want to put him under any more pressure. He already was like, you're putting too much on me.
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 6: Clarify? Because I don't know if you knew how many mount how many people are on.
Speaker 2: The Mount Russell.
Speaker 11: Another one is New York, New York by Frank Sinatra, Like you hear that, it's like dun dunn nah, And we played it at the Christa show last.
Speaker 2: Year and it was with the band, like the horns. It was like start spreading the news.
Speaker 1: Is that so fun to do something that's not that you don't do traditionally but that you love to do on stage?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Oh, And the crowd didn't see it coming. They were like Christmas show. And we also did some of the singles, like with the horn section because that's what we do. We'll play like playing night Shift and the horns are going bone bone and the ones going like girl. It's like, this is so cool and it gives like, you know, he gets kind of get away from the Chris, Let's go back to the Christmas And then we hit him with New York, New York and like the crowd lit up and we're in New York City at the Beacon in the heart of the city and it was just like the audience lit up and they they sang the whole song.
Speaker 2: It was a really special moment.
Speaker 1: I'm happy you came in, Buddy, I Love You Man to Friday and a heartbreaker new song. Go stream at John Party, go watch him and he'll be he'll be doing shows and all the Christmas shows and until we see you again, my friend, there.
Speaker 2: Is John Party. Everybody. Let's thank you Johnparty dot com. Wake up, wake up in the morn.
Speaker 10: And it turn the radio and the Dodgors keeps on time. Here ready em lunchbox, mor get too, Steve Bred have it trying to put you through. Fuck, he's running his wigs next bit and Bobby's on the mix, so you knowing this. This is the Bobby ball.
Speaker 2: So these are the best kept secrets.
Speaker 1: Husbands keep from wives and wives keep from husbands, and so I've already read over them. I'm happy to be honest about mine. I'm not gonna tell you the actual secret, but I can tell you if I do it. Okay, and let's go Husbands keep from wives.
Speaker 2: Number one, There fears.
Speaker 1: No I I My wife knows my fears, every one of my fears, and but they're all professional just about.
Speaker 2: Like insecurity, just the general insecurities.
Speaker 1: It took a long time for me to open up about those, but that one was it that my fears aren't super personal though, so my.
Speaker 7: But but is there a fear of abandonment?
Speaker 2: Oh but she knows that already. What therapy?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, that's very personal.
Speaker 1: But I didn't like like, hey, how about this fear that was just kind of taken and.
Speaker 6: Pulled out of it, and then there's a fear of like.
Speaker 2: There's no crying. Yes, you need to keep going.
Speaker 6: Oh no, this was more work. I think an example just to people understand.
Speaker 7: You can correct me if I'm wrong, but like, if you put up tickets, is there a fear might not sell.
Speaker 2: Them every time?
Speaker 1: And I have friends that I talk with that also put up tickets and we call each other two and I'll name drop just because we we're like the most anxiety filled people when it comes to We always feel like every time we list to show, no one's ever going to come. Again, it's me, Brett Eldridge and Ben Rector and we are the anxiety brothers, and we call him and every time we were like, no, I'm afraid no one's ever gonna come to a show. But all three of you guys people show up and that crazy so far. But the next time for them, people are always gonna come. For me, I think every time the last time, that's a fear though. But I do talk about with my wife that wishing their wives are more like their mothers.
Speaker 8: No, no, no, that's not that's not a secret.
Speaker 6: I don't want that.
Speaker 2: No, wish their wives are more like their mothers. I don't know.
Speaker 1: My wife's mom is pretty awesome, but I see a lot of similarities in.
Speaker 2: Your own mind. Is your mom that their mother? I'm I didn't marry my mom.
Speaker 1: No, I think I think it's you guys are thinking about physical but we're talking about nurture, nurturing characteristics like, oh.
Speaker 7: My mom used to do this for me. My mom was this way with my dad.
Speaker 2: I can see that.
Speaker 6: So then you have this expectation, the fact that.
Speaker 1: Your mind went to doing it with your mom. Yeah, I don't have this one because my mom was an addict and loved her, but we didn't have that relationship. So I don't have that at all. And I thought that's why I automatically thought she'd be like more like her mom. And I'm like, oh, they both pretty awesome. I what about Do you wish your wives are more like your moms? Because your mom's raised you, you have good relationships with them.
Speaker 5: Now, I do wish my wife was like more creative, like with Halloween stuff and like mom like that my mom was like when you say that, my wife would rather just go buy the costume. My mom would rather make it or go to goodwill and piece it together fun and that was more made it more fun to me.
Speaker 2: But my wife didn't like that. I like, do you tell your wife that? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, say why don't you do this more like my mom?
Speaker 2: Well, we used to make them. Sure, we just don't have time. I'm not your mom, eddie. How's that going on?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so my mom was a great cook. So what I had I had my wife learn from from my mom how to cook.
Speaker 2: Oh, your mom taught her, that's right. And your wife actually was like, I'm happy to learn my wife cooks exactly what my mom used to cook. How cool as that? Now my mom didn't cooked. So that's the problem.
Speaker 1: You guys are both loving your moms. Then we have it criticisms about their wivee's current look.
Speaker 7: Oh like y'all wouldn't say that. That's a secret. You keep it to yourself.
Speaker 6: You're not gonna be like, I don't like your new haircut.
Speaker 1: There's all I'm gonna say. I think there may be a time where I probably will not be honest. I haven't had to do that yet, Yeah, but I think there could be I'm sure she does.
Speaker 2: It with me all the time.
Speaker 8: I'll say we're running late, you know, and she's like, how does this look? I'll be like, it's fine, let's go.
Speaker 2: We gotta go. We gotta go. Like, but that's not the truth.
Speaker 6: Even though it doesn't look good, Like you're like, I wish you wouldn't wear that.
Speaker 2: But I wouldn't think that, but like, yeah, that doesn't look great, but we got to go. That's a good point, you know what I mean. I don't like that outfit, but just where it. Let's go.
Speaker 5: You ever say that she changed the office three times? That one's fine, let's just go.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's say, y'all do have time? Are you going to say no, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, that's sure. That's the bad mood. It's shirt I got like, will be honest.
Speaker 1: If it's like I don't like that, I'm not a fan say that. But then I also realized that she knows more than I do. But it's like me arguing astrology with an astrologist. I'm like, you're stupid, and they're like, but I do astrology, and I'm like, astrology is not real. And then I went, yeah, I said nothing there, but no, very rare, very rare.
Speaker 2: How about this trouble at work? I tell her my secret? What trouble do you get in at work?
Speaker 1: If there is any trouble I tell her trouble at work all the time. You're lying then, and then lustful thoughts of otherwise? Why would you tell them that you would never tell them? Why would you tell her that the five most comment secret husbands keeps from the wife lustful thoughts?
Speaker 2: I don't have those? You have them on air? Like, what are you talking about? That's true? Great point, you can't we have video of him having the thoughts. Okay, I'm gonna do the opposite side. In the second. We're going to do wives from their husband's coming up.
Speaker 1: In a second, we're going to do most common secrets now that wives keep from their husbands.
Speaker 2: Here we go old flames.
Speaker 6: What about them?
Speaker 2: I don't know who they are?
Speaker 7: Like they just don't act like they never existed? Yeah, or like how much you really love them?
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean That's why I'm asking old flames, like maybe you lie about getting you being the dumper when you were the dumpy?
Speaker 2: You're still?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are here?
Speaker 6: My ear my only love.
Speaker 2: Well, you came out with that one strong.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: We weren't really in that way, but you figure shot. So what do you think, because again, you're not married now, but you were for a long time.
Speaker 6: I was married for a really long time.
Speaker 1: What are your old flames? Was there anything that because I honestly, I don't think that you have. If there's no benefit and there's only pain, I don't feel like you should always have to say it the details. Yeah, I don't feel like that's not telling the truth if there's no benefit at all. I think there has benefit with pain and authenticity, if there's a greater goal, if it can get you somewhere.
Speaker 2: But I don't think this is one of those things where it's like, yeah, man, he was hung like a horse. Oh you know what I mean. That just doesn't help. It doesn't say that. I know. That doesn't help. That's you. You're gonna wish I didn't have a hidden nest egg money. Yeah. Interesting, she's not saying, she's nodding and thinking.
Speaker 7: I think, yeah, they may have a little women may have a little to the side, hypothetically speaking hypothetically speaking, depending on I didn't but depending on what your circumstances, like if you work or maybe don't work, if you have a way.
Speaker 2: To know all the reasons. But it just felt like that was a very a personal tone. They have a stat No, but everything she says this is just like moving on. I want to respect it. This one is not even a real thing.
Speaker 6: This next one how much they spent when they were chopping.
Speaker 1: No, actually, but now that's funny her real weight. Because here's the thing about guys. We can be attracted, we can be not attracted, we can be mid attracted.
Speaker 2: Whatever. We don't actually care about a number. We don't care.
Speaker 1: There's not a single guy I know that's like I like on best at one fifty one or one eighteen. It's just it's it's it's a visual thing, and guys like different curves and thin and not. But it's never a number thing. So there's no need to hide a real weight number. You can do things like we're different clothes. Guys, would you agree that there's not like actual number.
Speaker 2: I don't know. My wife's waving me.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't even care about a number. Yeah, the number thing is not true. I would disagree with this because guys don't care about a number. They just want to be attracted, right.
Speaker 7: This is interesting thing of stuff that y'all might say too, though, Like y'all like how tall you are and your shoe side?
Speaker 2: You want to see my driver's license? Is it six one?
Speaker 6: Does it lie?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: I would say six to one. I am six one. When I wore shoes, that's not being real on your life.
Speaker 6: But when he took his driver's license picture.
Speaker 2: And shoes, yeah, I tall shoes. I had to measure there.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I wore my tall I wore what they called chunky's, but they I'm stick one of my my driver licenses another one that wives keep from their husbands getting hit on by other men. My wife doesn't come volunteering it. But sometimes I'll just not be Like We'll be at the airport or something, and I'll see a guy walk up to talking to her, and.
Speaker 2: What do you say? That do you say?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: What did he want?
Speaker 1: What do you say?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: I stuff, they're probably this guy.
Speaker 2: About Bobby. Why what I tried to just I won't take any shots at you.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: It's just funny, funny, funny, sad I I it's kind of a a compliment in a weird way.
Speaker 1: If your wife gets yeah, like, I don't take any I'm not insecure about that at all.
Speaker 2: I kind of like it.
Speaker 6: She didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: She did nothing, and someone.
Speaker 1: Else found her attractive and wanted to go up and say, how does that accomplicate you? Guys?
Speaker 2: Are you get like jealous? I don't get jealous. I know who's coming home to I'd rather it not happen. Well, that lets you know your wife's hot. I'd rather like, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I'm holding up a sign please hit on my wife, but it makes you feel good, okay. And then finally, secret snacking before or after mules. I could see that on both sides. So if the person's saying they're on some sort of plan like I'm trying to lose weight or I'm trying, and then they don't, I don't know, that's definitely a woman thing. By Those are secrets the wives keep from husbands.
Speaker 6: Secret snacking, secret drinks.
Speaker 2: The coolname? What is it? Hey, you guys were secret snacking? Thanks for coming too tonight, Bobby Boone show up today.
Speaker 5: This story comes to us from Chicago, Illinois. There's a seventeen year old he wants to go to the mall. So he says, hey, let me call an uber, gets an Uber ride and says, hey, man, if you'll just go straight down the highway, be better than the uber drivers like nah, takes the side roads, take a longer route, drops them off the mall.
Speaker 2: Seventeen year old old one star.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he went long to make more money, I get it. One Yeah, you know what, that's one starable if that's the case. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the uber driver got his rating, was like, huh, you gave me one star?
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 2: Next day shows back up at the house and throws a brick through the front door. What over? One star? Not get it? I mean it's one star, but he deserved the one star.
Speaker 6: That my fear of retaliation, it happens.
Speaker 1: But what happened though in the retaliation the one star was deserved.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 6: But I'm not gonna get I'm just not going to give it.
Speaker 2: So your fear of retaliation will actually keep you for doing the right thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll just say no, I won't rate it. No rating.
Speaker 1: Oh but then other people could be subject to abuse, to be taken advantage of because you didn't speak out.
Speaker 2: But you'd rather than give the abuse. But you would rather not have retaliation than other people. I mean I felt that problem exactly. There we go, all right, good job, I'm lunch box. That's your bonehead story of the day. We're gonna go talk to Debbie. Who's on the phone, Debbie, good morning.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to share that, Babby, and they both inspired me. I went skydiving last Sunday, and I had never thought of doing that until I heard that they did that.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really cool, And how was your experience?
Speaker 4: It was great, talking to everybody, getting to know yourbody, carrying everybody's story, the whole process. And then as soon as I got out of the airplane, I got.
Speaker 2: So sick, like when you were actually falling, you got sick.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. I was trying really hard to not get not let anything out because I didn't want it to get on the person behind me.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: Base, So that's what I was concentrating on the whole time. And you know, you can't throw up, your throw up, you go and then but I would not change a thing. I'm so glad I did it.
Speaker 2: Did you throw up?
Speaker 4: Not until on the way home. It's good for you.
Speaker 1: But it was it was.
Speaker 4: You know, now that a few days of past, I can say it was really great and I'm glad I did it just to be able to do it, to have that experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like face fear inspiring me. Yeah, Eddie and I have a great job for inspiring her. Anytime it isn't a heavy skydiving.
Speaker 1: Anytime you kind of do something that makes you uncomfortable and you get through it, you're like, dang, kind of proud of myself for doing it, and it also allows you to go I can probably do other things I mean uncomfortable too, So I hope this open a little door for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's kind of why I did it. Well, if I can do this, then I can do anything else.
Speaker 2: Do anything, anything, anything. Take a look, it's a book reading Rainbow. I can do anything.
Speaker 1: We've all I think at one point in our life. Most of us are all here been skydiving.
Speaker 2: I hated it. I did it by myself, went up, got another group, just jumped. Hated it, miserable, worst thing ever.
Speaker 1: Glad I did it because I tend to enjoy doing things I don't enjoy doing, but only when it's over, because I'm like cool, still got it hated it and my attache was so much smaller than me.
Speaker 2: It was a female.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the technical terms attachee I think yeah, yeah, the tandem person she was like five put two and she did backflips out of the plane. Whoa sucked And I got it all on video or did till my house got robbed and they took the video. That's not good, I know, So now I dinclaim anything. We actually jumped out of parachute. We caught one in mid air. But I remember the worst part about it for me was when they pulled that.
Speaker 2: And you get sucked up.
Speaker 1: Your general your general store, we'll call it that, your general store gets tugged hard.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm glad I did it. I would never do it again. Did you like it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would never do it again.
Speaker 11: Though.
Speaker 7: Lunch talks and I went together, and I did not want to still, like if someone wasn't attached to me, I think I was going to change my mind, Like I did not want.
Speaker 6: To go forward.
Speaker 2: Well yeah you wouldn't. You should have changed.
Speaker 1: Somebody, I know.
Speaker 6: But if I had trained and done all that, I just I just probably in might never mind.
Speaker 1: You like it?
Speaker 2: Lunch, I loved it. Loved it part of it, every part. I mean not the not the general store part, but the free fall was amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The free fall though, just felt like your heads out the window.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, man.
Speaker 1: I didn't get motion sick doing it. I get motion stick doing everything. I didn't get motionstick doing it. And now remember, as I was falling, I was like, well, if I die, just die. I had that brief moment where I was like, there's nothing I can do.
Speaker 2: I'm probably just dead. But the scariest part was to float down because something goes wrong there than your screw. Yeah, but I would appreciate that call. Debb. You hope you have a great day, you too, Thanks so much.
Speaker 11: Too.
Speaker 2: That's it for us. Thank you guys. Check out the Bobby Bone Show podcast. It exists.
Speaker 1: We beg of you to search for the Bobby Bone Show podcast, and then we beg of you to hit subscribe, and we beg of you.
Speaker 2: We had a heck of a show today. I hope you go check it out.
Speaker 1: The best Kept Secrets from Husbands and Wives, hilarious John Party, Friday Morning Conversation. Check out The Bobby Bone Show Podcast. Have a great weekend. See you Monday, Let's Go The Bobby Bones Show theme song, written, produced, and sang by read Yarberry. You can find his instagram at read Yarberry, Scuba Steve executive producer, Ray Mundo, Head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast.