Speaker 1: The comeback kids, Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros.
Speaker 2: This is leading off brought to you by bet mgeta king of sportsbooks. It's me, Joey p Joepi's a p of that of course is the Welsh and it's you and today, as always, we're talking all things baseball on a rainy day, at least outside my window in the northeast. It never rains where Welsh is in Arizona. All games are on for him. Games are being canceled as we speak, so make sure you are setting your lineups appropriately. We'll give you any updates as things go on. Also, we want to encourage you to subscribe to our YouTube channel here YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros m LB. It's our MLB channel because if you want to make comments and be in the peanuts and cracker Jacks, now you have to be a subscriber. That's right. We have thrown the hammer down. And I don't know if you know this, Welsh, but Mike is now somebody who has rights I guess admin rights to the YouTube channel, so I can believe is gonna go to his head. Yeah, A fard tie will.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you guys like to make comments about Ryan Mountcastle to get on his good side. That's what you should start doing right now.
Speaker 2: This is Mike Mayer this morning. And if you're watching on the YouTube channel, you could see him there. He is respect his authority. Oh my goodness, an oldie, but a goodie, a classic there. All right, let's get to the headlines, and let's start with I mean, what everybody wants to talk about today. At least I do the Mets score seven runs in the ninth inning and win eight to seven. The win percentage was somewhere around ninety nine point eight percent that the Phillies would win that game. Last night. They lost that game. People are calling for Joe Girardi's head the Philly bullpen, yet again, is there undoing Look, there's certainly two things to look at here. Number one, the Philly bullpen and perhaps mismanagement if you want to say that, or just fluky thing in baseball is baseball. And then the other side is a Mets team that for some reason just feels a little different this year than some other Mets teams. There's a little bit of magic there. We'll see if that continues. But wels this was the story of Major League Baseball last night period. What were your thoughts on that come there.
Speaker 3: Some blown calls as well, I remember correctly. Yeah, well, I mean it's just getting there. Yeah, I kind of agree with what you're saying. This Mets team is built a little bit different. Like I think in years past, this would be inverst you know, we would be talking about how the Mets blew this eight run lead and the ninth inning, and oh it's those classic Mets doing what they do, and amazingly they're still continuously doing it all without Jacob de Grom, who they're still months away from. They got a pretty good offense, they got a bullpen that's working, and they've got a staff anchored by Max Scherzer that continues to run. Mets are a problem unless you remember.
Speaker 2: If they get Jacob de Grom back, oil Boy and then the real Jacob deGrom, not the fake one.
Speaker 3: Not the closer one, not the closer one that you think.
Speaker 2: Look, I think it's a possibility. I think it was a fun bold prediction, hot take. But at the end of the day, Jacob de Grom for an ending is better Jacob deGrom than no innings. Isn't it. I'm you're saying, I suppose. I mean, talk about shortening a game. You put Jacob de Grom out there with a clean three outs to get you tell me he's not gonna get three outs. Come on, all right, let's talk about Hunter Green giving up five thousand whole runs last night. But he says he's okay, He's fine, Everything's fine. How are you? Tommy Edmond had three hits, three RBIs against the Giants, Mana Machado two dingers for him. Taylor Rogers got his eleventh save. Jesus Lozardo strikes out seven, but in a loss to the Padres, Kyle Tucker continues to be great, So so much for that slow start. Told Joe, we hope you bought when you could that window shut, and I just got to say, Welsh, you know, we take l's on this show because we keep it real where the Kings are keeping it real. But yesterday was a pretty good day for prop bets here around this show. So if you watched yesterday, I.
Speaker 3: Gotta tell you, dude, it was a great day. The only one that got wrong, I swear was the one I felt the greatest about. It's unbelievable. I think you guys posted out like niner of them. The Trig schoolbo one absolutely smacked my Byron Buxton one. He cracked a homer on there. The only one that didn't hit, I swear to you, was the confident.
Speaker 2: All of these hit, but Tony smash my Sodo parlay you could have parlayed was would have like a thousand dollars probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Shane mcclanahan's strikeouts, it's still unbelievable. It didn't hit. It actually for me and one of the books, they dropped it down to five and a half and juiced it up and I took it into parlay. It's the only one. McClanahan didn't look like he had his best stuff last night. And he had about four or five different situations where he was on one two counts, easy strikeout counts for him and he just couldn't get it done. But every other prop hit. It was a really good prop day.
Speaker 2: Well look at this. This is from our friend Cameron says. Sports Center is now copying you guys yesterday started making home run calls and will be t tracking their calls for the remainder of the season. Hmm. It's funny. I started doing this on shows a few years ago, and then I brought with me when I came to Fantasy Pros and it was wildly poppular. Everybody loved it. But you know, it's it's nice that ESPN watches the show and I'm clearly their scouting talent. I don't know if Welsh's gonna move to Connecticut. I'm not a big fan of Connecticut personally. It seems like a state with well, I mean, it's not New York, it's not New England. It doesn't know what it wants to be. It's a very weird place. It's Connecticut.
Speaker 3: It's sports center. I think it's ESPN, Isn't that mainly it? It's ESPN Connecticut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Well, I mean it's the home of NBA. Let's be honest, that's what it's the home of right now. But it's just interesting there. Thank you Cameron for sharing that. And I know ESPN got rid of their baseball podcast, so they really don't care about you guys.
Speaker 3: We do, we do, I mean as I mean, it's amazing anytime they even tweet out anything about baseball whatsoever. It's like it doesn't It's that whole thing you and I kind of talk about where obviously the big dog is football, but you can't pretend like baseball doesn't exist, and unfortunately a lot of games ESPN has done that.
Speaker 2: All right, let's let's move on here to some more things. And of course this got highlighted in the notes. I put it in the notes in and it's I don't know what color it is because is it it's Ryan Mountcastle homering twice.
Speaker 3: And it's orange. I'm not sure orange. Yeah, it's a it's Baltimore oriole orange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I thought it was. And of course Byron Buxson's home run. Let's get to some of the injuries, and then we'll get to the call ups, because I know everybody wants to talk about Duran and Ryce Lewis. We're gonna get to that. We're gonna talk to mister prospect one about that before we do. UH. Imaging suggests that Korea may have a fractured finger, so we'll keep an eye on that one. That's bad news for the Twinkies. Nick Casiano's left the game hit by a pitch, But good news the X Rays were negative, so no breaks there, and Kiki Hernandez is going on the COVID nineteen. I l we're getting a spike in COVID in a lot of places here, So let's talk about some of the call ups here. Jared Duran from tripa A to the Red Sox, the Royce Lewis promotion here from the Twins because of the potential injury. We had Yepez earlier this week, Miranda another guy that called up. So you are the host of Prospect one podcast, talk to me about some of these prospects, how people should be approaching them, because this could be a very very dicey weekend for pickups and fab because some people might overspend on some of these rookies. How would you suggest people go about it?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, Yapez is fun. I don't think he's long for the majors here, just because he's not positionally set up. But he makes good contact and he's already had a couple good early hits. Miranda's super interesting because Miranda can do a little bit of everything, but he doesn't have a great positional home. I was a little dicey on him until Michel Snow is out and then Luisa rises out. Miranda is set up where he could be sticking around for a while, except they bring up Royce Lewis, and I am a big Royce Lewis guy. I absolutely love him. He has had massive injury issues over the last couple of years, where the twenty nineteen season, the injuries took him into really having like his worst professional season and it extended all season long where he then won MVP in the in the Arizona Fall League, then he ended up getting injured. Comeback, He's hit over three hundred the miners this year, eight stolen bases, three homers, and dropped his k rate to under twenty percent with an almost sixteen percent walk rate kick completely back in. He's a five tool player. He is the most intriguing of all these players to me if he were to get regular time, because it looks like Carlos Korea is going to miss some time with a finger injury, and that's a guy that you know, twenty plus homers, he can steal bases. Miranda is a better contact hitter, but I think is going to steal a little bit less. Ironically, the Twins have two of the most exciting fantasy options that I would be looking at I personally picked up Royce Lewis and every league I could last night, and a lot of my redraft leagues, simply because I think he can hit. I think he'd be at the top of the lineup and he can steal some bases. And then the other one, Jared Duran. Jared Durant has had his look. Looks like he's changed his approach a little bit. On the miners. He's had a really good run. He's hitting almost four hundred seven stolen bases. He's got some power. I just don't think the Red Sox are going to keep him there for long. So if I were throwing fab out, it would be Royce and Miranda, and if I were just looking for a little bit of a stop gap, I would go to Yepez and Jerndoran.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go. See this is why Welsh does what he does. If you have more questions about prospects, follow him on the Twitter machine. At is it the Welsh because he is the prospect dude. All right, tonight already got the Rangers and Yankees, postponed, Dodgers and Cubs, so no games there. If we get anything else, we'll talk about it. Let's talk about we had some fun with this yesterday, so let's run through these fast, because again this was a piece from MLB dot com. We had some fun with MVPs for each team so far. I think yesterday we agreed with like seventy five percent of them in the American League. Here's the National League. Kyle Wright, Braves, I agree, you agree MVP so far the Braves, he's been dominant, especially with Charlie Morton being bad and Freed getting off to a slow start. Kyle Wright has kept this rotation together. You know, it's been all over the lies.
Speaker 3: Love Kyle Wright. I can't think of who I feel like, well, no, no, I totally agreed, like I feel like there's somebody better set for it, but he has been freaking phenomenal. So I guess it's Kyle.
Speaker 2: Right for now, for now. Jass Chisholm for the Marlins. Yes, we all put our keys in there. Max schuers are for the Mets. I mean, I could argue Tyler is close to but it's you could argue Tyler, you could Juan Soto. No, no arguments there. Who By the way, another home run for me? So guess what Joey p started to creep up. The board has got three already, thanks Jan Sodo my one one Phillies. Uh, it's funny that Corey canevel so I mean, I mean it's still Bryce Harper still the most valuable.
Speaker 3: Has been pretty good too's being good too.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to the central the Brewers had they had Josh Hater, which I don't know. I I think Rowdy Tellez is in that conversation. I think McCutcheon is in that conversation, but I think Willia Domas would be the guy that I would pick.
Speaker 3: I think Eric Lawer would be in that. When Eric Woodruff and Burns have both struggled, Lower has picked up the slack, So I don't know, I'd probably go lower.
Speaker 2: All right, this is fun. If you've got comments about this, you know, drop them in there in the chat. But again, you have to be subscribe to get in the chat with the Penis and Cracker Jacks Cardinals is easy. Nolan Arnatto, the Cubs don't have one, even though it's say a Suzuki.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Uh, Pirates Cabrian Hayes, Okay, I mean he's been okay, he's been good. He's got a good slash four hundred OBP. I'll take that. That's fine. The Reds, I don't know the Joey Vados TikTok. I think they had Alexis Diaz, but I don't know if I agree with that one either.
Speaker 3: I mean, no, it's so interesting because there's a couple of these teams, like the Pirates and Reds, and it's like, you gotta really I'm trying to sit here and think, like, who has even been really good on these teams right now? I don't think i'd say the fans for the Reds.
Speaker 2: Well, any fans that show up. I keep making this argument too, which is from a way standpoint, uh and from also a fantasy standpoint. Get your investments in your Brewers because this division is so top heavy and the Brewers hitters. You see Yelich starting to come back to be Yelich. You're seeing Rowley to Leslie great, a Dominis be great. Mccutchen's kind of having a little renaissance Hunter Renfros picking things up. I'm telling you right now, any financial investments you can make, whether it be props, whether it be long term futures, anything, in the Brewers. I'm all in because the Cubs stink, the Pirates are terrible, and the Reds are atrocious. I mean that's it. I mean, it's just it's a very easy thing here. Uh. Merril Kelly for the Diamondbacks, you agree with that one?
Speaker 3: Merle Merle, Yeah, I mean Merle has probably I mean I think Bumgarner as well. Bumgarner's been really good so far. But yeah, I mean Diamondbacks kind of black. But I'll go I'll give you Merle.
Speaker 2: For the Dodgers, they picked Freddie Freeman. I would still say kershar Walker Bueher so far, would.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Carlos Rodin for the Giant if that's an OBRAINI in running me Chaddo for the Padres. No brainer for the Rockies, Chad Coo because he's cool the other side of the pillow. I mean, how is it not? CJ. Cron I mean, I know this is dumb, all right, So there you go, there's our take on that. Let's move on to something else here. Fun facts hitting third and making his first start on the mound at Fenway Park show Hey Atana yesterday became the first starting pitcher at bat in one of the top four spots in a game at the Historic Ballpark since Babe Ruth did it September twentieth, nineteen nineteen. I cannot wait. I haven't found it yet, but you know, and I know there's going to be a wait. It's not impossible. If the odds are anything above five to one, I am going to put money on it.
Speaker 3: Welsh, your thoughts, Yeah, I agree with that. I actually have a sub context question that could send us down a rabbit hole and would make a certain other co host of mine angry. Do you think Babe not here? Do you think Babe Ruth could strike out Otani or hit a home run off of Otani?
Speaker 2: Couldn't strike out Hotani? I don't think I'm gonna say no, because I mean, pitching is so different then, the velocity is not nearly the same. It was also what they were doing to the ball, God knows back then. I mean, there was a lot more doctoring in the baseball and spit balls and things of that nature. If you had to put Babe Ruth in this era of pitching, and he wasn't like he was a very good pitcher, but it was a Walter Johnson dominant pitcher. He was a good pitcher. Can he get a hit?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, but he gets like like that's a tough one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think i'd have to say, like, okay, you get three at bats? He gets three at bats, so Tani is up maybe four just caught like one game, four un bats, does Babe Ruth hit a home run off of Otani is pumping nine?
Speaker 2: I think if you give him four at bats, I think he would definitely get a hit. And I think I say a sample of ten at bats he could get a home run, because you gotta have a sample. You can't just throw his ears one at bat and get a home run.
Speaker 3: That's and that's why I said four at bats. One game you get in there? Does he get like four bats?
Speaker 2: I'll give him a hit. Ten at bats, I would give him a home run. Babe Ruth is pretty special, but he can't strike in I remember watching him play when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: So let's get to this day and.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try to knock the Mets fans down a peg. Remember Anthony Young, He was a starter in nineteen ninety four for the Mets. He was on an epic losing streak. He had lost twenty nine straight games until eventually he did win one when he finally became a member of the Chicago Cubs and he beat the Pirates ten to one. Stat heroes from yesterday Shohel tany Oh Baby eleven strikeouts and no earn seven innings. Great start for him. Poor Aaron Nola, He's been good lately. He's been very good. Last two starts in fact, one earned run, seven innings, seven k's. Bup End blows the win for him. Daniel Bard one point eight o e r A eight saves after closing out the ninth for the Nationals yesterday. Jose Yourquidi six innings, three k's for him, no earn to earn for Lozardo. We talked about him in Schooble with the nine k's being great. Double dong last night from Ryan Mountcastle, Manny Matchadel and Willia Damas again. Jared Walsh, who you know. I kicked myself because I had Jared Walsh in some lineups that I took him out. And of course yesterday home run for RBI. Lindor had a home run, Starling Marteta, home run, Bryce Harper, Tyler Stevenson, Christian Yelich three for five with a home run at a stolen base. Is Christian yellis back?
Speaker 3: I think he might be a little back, just a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, Okay. Brendan Rodgers two for four with a home run for RBI, first time out of the year. He's in just a buck forty nine. I had to drop him in the league last week. Would you be looking to stash him right now?
Speaker 3: I would be monitoring him. It's really funny because we had this whole segment Paul Sport was on in this league with us this week, and we had this whole segment on Brendan Rodgers and how atrocious he's been and was he washed and was he a guy that you could cut? He definitely was a guy that you can cut. This wouldn't be the start that would make me jump on picking him up unless I had just like you know, wonky players on the back end of my my bench. But I would definitely keep monitoring on him if he gets going, because again it's Colorado. Brenda Rodgers is a power speed combo guy. He has just hit atrociously to start the year. I would be, uh, I would be monitoring for sure.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on to Stephen Kwan first home run. Congratulations to Stephen Kuan. So there's your daily Kwan of the days. Back Lad also had a home run yesterday. Here's the bad ones. Cory Canable three earned runs, Tan or How seven earned runs, four k's in the loss of the Angels, Taiwan Walker was bad. Six earned runs for him, Hunter Green five home runs. It was just it was crazy. I mean the crew has been good, but still, I mean, I understand the guy throws one hundred miles of the hours if we make contact this Buckingna fly out.
Speaker 3: Because it doesn't move man, just it just that fastball comes down the plate and dudes are just sitting on it. They've got a little book on him. That's what a picture like him. This is also I like Lodolo more. But you got to see how he adjusts. It's gonna be a big key on how he is going to adjust to. I mean, you say he's gonna adjust Look at the Mariners will The Mariners gave Matt Brash four attempts and then they've now said, not only are going to triple A, you're now in the bullpen. You're now a bullpen arm. They didn't like that was his adjustment. They gave him four games, he didn't find his adjustment, and the team came suit saying, now you're gonna be a bullpen arm and that's for good now. So I don't know, watch out for Hunter Green. I lidolo over Green for me, not as victory lap or anything like that, but hopefully Green can get right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm still a Green guy, but I think I think there's still plenty of time. I think it's, you know, just the kid's got to learn to locate better. And you know, it's you can throw one hundred miles an hour into big leagues. It's you know, unless it's in the ninth inning, it's not gonna happen. You know, you have to locate your pitches. Aaron Sanchez six earned runs in four innings. So is a Burrios six earned runs in four and two thirds E raise above five. Now he'd had a good start. I think everybody felt like he got back on track. What's your temperature on Burrios right now? Because this is a guy that they Blue Jays really need as that third guy in this rotation.
Speaker 3: I'm still kind of a buy on Brios and this might be the last opportunity. I'm a little weary that this keeps going on. But this is kind of like a kind of like a trend of Jose Brios, you know, first, I don't know if you want to call it like quarter of the season struggles and pick it back up. They're definitely depending on him. I'm a little worried with where location is going and how he's getting beat up. But I would be poking around at owners and seeing if I can get him on the on the real cheap.
Speaker 2: Right now, all right, Welsh's poking around, Let's poke around some of the hitters. Trevor Story, oh for four four k's zero shares. I gotta tell you, I was not into Trevor Story when he would leave Colorado. I just nod into it. And you know what I would have been if it was more of a discount, But I think it was enough of a discount to tempt me to see and he'll be better than this. Like that's the thing too. Trevor Story is a better player than the two to ten batting average, So I would buy him in redraft leagues, but in dynasty formats. Once he was leaving Colorado and starting to get older, to me, that was the time to get out.
Speaker 3: I mean, second mission, second base ability to just want to throw out like I thought that was something that was kind of exciting and going to still like a pretty good ballpark to hit in. But now I mean, you're right, he's just been atrocious.
Speaker 2: Julio Rodriguez O for four to three, k's Topyo for five with two, and Jesus Sanchez oh for four with three. So Sanchez come back to earth two. Let's take a look, shall we Welsh at the home run board? There it is a king of the off of twelve. All I do is win at eleven JP at eleven. Yesterday, Wakee Penguin would like to announce that we've all cracked five hundred home runs already collectively.
Speaker 3: Wood Hank, Aaron, we're coming.
Speaker 2: Look at that up and Adam had Christian Yelich moved up to nine. Joey p Juan Soto again back on the wand wagon. Let's go, baby, let's do it so we'll get to our home run calls later. But first it's time to make some money. And yesterday I hope you listened, because ooh lolly, did we make some money yesterday? It was good. Let's talk about bet MGM The King of Sportsbooks. Special offer now for new users. Bet ten dollars win two hundred when you bet on any game, regardless of the outcome. Sign up today, download the bet mgm app, Bet responsibly, go to bedmgm dot com bet responsibly, and when you do all of this, use the promo code leading off. That's the name of our show. Leading off one word bet MGM the King of sports Books. Ten bucks to win two hundred. It's pretty easy, all right. Today Shane Bieber strikeout prop over on DK six and a half. I like the over on that you're getting plus one ten. The Feranomil maybe starting to come back.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Look on DK it's point five minus one fifteen to the Jews. I got Bobby Witt on the total bases one and a half. I'm feeling frisky after yesterday. What can I say?
Speaker 3: I don't know's going I don't like that one. I don't like that one.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I think, I don't know. Just say maybe Bobby Wood Junior plus one twenty though on the one and a half total bases, Brian Reynolds one a half total bases you're getting plus one ten and Kyle Tucker, you're getting even money on the plus one and a half. Those are all on DK tonight. Well, she got a couple you like as well. The prop market.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was looking over on the K market Kyle Gibson. I actually like to go on the under on strikeouts. Kyle Gibson four and a half under K's and Luis Roberts one and a half over on the total basis is somewhere where I would like to attack. Always trying to attack Luise Robert. I'm a little weary, I gotta tell you, with the weather making early bets, I might be just a tiny bit more. I might hold back a little bit for everybody and wait to see what the weather looks like at each ballpark closer to game time and obviously what games are going to be canceled before I jump in. There's not a great market. I'd love to take advantage of some of the strikeouts. I don't love the strikeouts.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Another one that I was iron was Merle was actually Merle Kelly who he has dialed down his strikeouts a little bit every start and went seven, six, five, and then the fours. But I would I would maybe attack the K market on Merle Kelly as well. Merle.
Speaker 2: All right, let's move on to some dfs again. Pay close attention to the weather right now. On DK, you got Kevin Gosman at the ten k, Shane Bieber on DK's eight point seven. Sure's is expensive, two is at ten five. Lower's at ten to three. So it is a really heavy pitching night. So if you want to go a little different here in tournaments, Logan Gilbert it's nine to two. Alex Cobb is just eight point four. That might be a nice second pairing. You can get him and Bieber together. I know Bieber's a little bit more of an oppo play, but these big arms tonight, if you're playing in tournaments, you might want to do that. If you're doing cash, Eric Lower, Schurzer Gossman doesn't get better than that. But the problem is on DK tonight there's not a lot of good discounted bats. That's the problem. On Fandel, schurs Are and Gosman are over ten k, Bieber's at nine eight, Lowers is at nine to five. On contras at nine, Logan gilberts at nine to three. Alex Cobb is at eight two. So the way I attack this with the single ones is I would go up for Gosman or Schurezer in cash. If you want to go get a little crazier, you can go in tournaments, you know, skim a thousand bucks off and go with somebody like Logan Gilbert or even two thousand and Alex Cobb and hope that that hits, and hope that some of your hitters hit, and some of the hitters we want to hit. Milwaukee Brewers, the New York Mets, Houston Astros, Los Angeles Angels. Those are my four favorite stacks of the night. As I told you on DK, not a lot of quarter not a lot of cheap bats. Jared Walsh is three point seven. He's a bit of a value Mark Conna in the Mets lineup if they play two point eight, Brandon marsh On FanDuel two point eight. I know he's had a lot of strikeouts, but I like the matchup tonight. Walsh two point nine, Gili guriell is at two point seven, Andrew mccutch and two point eight, and Tom Smith if Mets plays at two point one. So that's kind of like Tom Smith is that perfect guy to get in the lineup if he's in the lineup tonight, to help you get to the ten k Like, that's the kind of dude you need. You might need more than one of them, all right. So I have bounced back after a terrible April. Hopefully you bought low on Joey pa because I bounced back. In the home run race, I'm up to three. Welsh, you're at three as well. I believe now at four four you're a four. Boggin's at two or three.
Speaker 3: Actually, I don't know what he's at. I'm at four, you're at three. What is Mayor at like three or four?
Speaker 2: I think Mayor is around there too, But I'm gonna go pass him this weekend with Jordan Alvarez. He's my guy for the weekend. Let's go Jordan. He's been on fire. I want that to continue. Got a nice weekend series against that Tiger pitching. Oh yeah, let's go, baby. Give me Jordan Alvarez. Who you got for Friday or in perpetuity for the weekend.
Speaker 3: I was gonna tell you I actually was gonna take Jordan Valvarez. I was going through the list. I didn't look at who you had, and I didn't pull a Mike Mayer and just take him also and just take him for the entire weekend like you and just you know, your coilts there. But well, I mean we both didn't hit, so it didn't really actually matter. So I really liked Jordan Alvarez one. I told you on the total basis, I like Louis Robert. I'm gonna go with Louise Robert and I'll take him through the weekend. I think it's a good strategy when we go Friday through Sunday. If you can take a guy big bop in bat, you know, taking one of the bigger names works. And I'm gonna go with mister Luis Roberts.
Speaker 2: All right, So question for you. I already pick him up in my home league and some other places, which have you know, dynasty keeper implications. Max Meyer, You've been a very big fan of absolutely, and I just want to point this out. I know that the pitching has been pretty good for the Marlins, but so far this year, I want to run the stat line by you. Five games so far, he's got a one to seven to one ERA, twenty six innings pitched, fifteen hits. It's giving up zero home runs, zero home run so far. Just throwing that out there. Thirty three strikeouts, six walks.
Speaker 3: And I want to throw this out of the well. Two strikeouts, two games or maybe even three. He has struck out Ronald Dacunya and Joan Mancata on rehab stints. Max Meyer has in those five starts, so just throw out some professional MLB hitters that have been in there.
Speaker 2: To me, he is the of all these guys that are going to get picked up this week right, people are gonna be chasing Duran Royce Lewis if he's out there. This is the perfect weekend to pick him up because everybody is completely overwrought and completely Oh look which the new toy coming up and you make a lot of points on a lot of the guys. I'm not saying you can't pick them up, but this is the perfect weekend to slip this one through and see if you could just stash him on the bench and wait a little while. Because this is at triple A, correct, I mean, yeah, this is I don't I don't.
Speaker 3: Think it's very long that you're gonna be waiting on Maximint Like I wait very long either. Yeah, this this is something I had been I brought up on the it Tail Monday Show like this would be.
Speaker 2: Rogers.
Speaker 3: Well, Hernandez is kind of the you know, even you know, your former dude Craignish had mentioned like, hey, Eliezer's got a he's got a thing with the Marlins. He'll be a decent pitcher. But they have a pitcher that they need to bring up now and it is Meyer. So Meyer is a guy that yes, all week I would have been picking up and I think comes up soon. One other to look for, and it's just rumors thrown around. But because of the Matt Brash situation, uh, George Kirby and I believe George Kirby might be scheduled to pitch today, So if he pitches today, it probably is going to to be moot. But there's some talk that George Kirby can maybe end up taking that spot for Matt Brash, who now looks like he's going to be a full time reliever, maybe not this first start, but coming soon. So if you've got you know, if you have the ability to kind of sit in hold for a little bit, Maximyer is the number one pitcher to pick up. Kirby would be the other one and both could be very very soon.
Speaker 2: It's amazing, you know, the victory lapping after that early what that first started Matt Brash that was going on on baseball Twitter. I mean, it's just guys base If you know anything about baseball, you have to like be happy when things are going well, but understand that they're especially with rookie pitchers, there's always going to be a window. But when you see a guy who's dominating like this and right now once again, you can get him for free because what's gonna happen, and Welsh's telling you, and I'm telling you the minute that news comes out and all of a sudden everybody's seeing those stats in front of them, they're gonna run to the waiver wire and spend a lot of fab to pick him up. You can have him probably for one dollar this weekend and just as and see what happens over the next month, because I think there's a good chance you're gonna see him in June.
Speaker 3: I really well, you know it's interesting with Mayor two. I have different perspectives of Mayor and Kirby may and you, Nolan Gorman and Nolan and people who listen to me know this, But I'd asked Nolan Gorman, like, who's the nastiest pitcher you face? This is last year, and he said Max Meyer. He's like, Max Mayor is the the nastiest dude that I have faced.
Speaker 2: Well, let's not call him Mayor because I want to I don't want to confuse quality with Mike mayor Max. Not put those two things.
Speaker 3: Max Myers sah, and he was like the nastiest guy. And I've seen personally so much of Kirby. Both of these guys actually had almost identical stat lines earlier in the year. This year, they're both big strikeout players, more command with Mayor. I like Max now and I think Max is within a two week window, and I think Kirby is within a month window. So those are great, great pitching comps to go with. It's a good prospect time right now. There's all these everybody but O'Neal Cruz is coming up. It's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Boy, the Pirates hate Annio Cruz also shout out to all the moms out there. Happy Mother's Day this weekend. Enjoy the time with your mom, or enjoy the time taking care of any moms out there. Do the right thing by the moms. Wellsh any final thoughts before we close things out today.
Speaker 3: Luis Robert Homers Byron Buxton Homer's I'm here for all of them. Shout out to all of the moms. I'm gonna take the mother of my children out for a little trip this weekend and get some get some fresh air so I can stop being sick and I can stop coughing on the episode and shout out to who was it? It was biz On here who recognized that I mute every time that I cough.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't know this new mic where my cough button is, So I'm I'm useless and Walkie Penguins right, Call your mother's boys, Call your mothers.
Speaker 3: Did you call your mother? Did you say hello to your.
Speaker 2: Did you call your mother? Shout out to my mom, Happy Mother's Day. I know she watches the show. Hopefully she's watching today. I'll see you on Sunday for Chinese food, mom. But hopefully everyone joys their weekend out there. Like I said, make sure that you go over to bet MGM use that probo code leading off if you want to get in the home run race. Join us over on discord Fantasypros dot com slash Chat and become a Premium member over at Fantasypros dot com and make sure you subscribe to this channel here on YouTube Fantasy Pros MLB if you'll watch the video like the video right now, if you watched us, and I see there's like two hundred plus of you watching like this video. It is very easy to do, and of course when you subscribe you could be part of the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks at part of the show. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey p. Well, see you next time. Kids call you mother.