Speaker 1: In Case You Missed It with Christina Williams is an iHeart women's sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports and Entertainment. Welcome to another edition of In Case You Missed It with Christina Williams. And I know it's been three long weeks, y'all, but I'm so happy to be back and better than ever. It's been a long, long week. Your girl had her birthday last week, and I spent it in Puerto Rico. So much fun in the sun, much needed reset. But I'm back and March madness is slowly creeping up upon us. And I'm super excited about this week's guest because Selection Sunday is coming up as well, and this week's guest she's gonna help me break down all of what's happening in and around women's college basketball. She is a friend to the show, so please welcome back to the show. S and Y host in sideline reporter Chelsea Charad to the show.
Speaker 2: Chelsea, I am so happy to be back. This is one of my favorite things to do, and it's a good way for us to just, you know, catch up because they're both kind of all over the place at this point in the year. So I'm really excited to be here. Thanks for having.
Speaker 1: Me, Thanks for coming back, girl. I know there's so much to talk about. I know that the Big East just won. Yukon just won the championship for the Big East. So let's start there, break down the incredible season that Yukon has been having this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that the Big East Tournament, especially the championship game, pretty much was just a culmination of the dominance that Yukon has displayed all season in the Big East. I mean, they went undefeated in the regular season and then they won each game in the tournament by at least twenty twenty or twenty points, so they won by about twenty yesterday. But yeah, I think, as everyone knows, like in the Big East, Yukon, there's obviously a big gap between them and everyone else. They played Creighton in the championship, and Creighton had a great year. They were number two in the conference, and so obviously that's the best matchup that Yukon was going to see in the conference, and that's how it should have been in the championship. But I think from where this team started this season, where there was a lot of uncertainty as to who's going to start, what does the starting rotation look like. They had a lot of young players. Azy Fud wasn't one hundred percent, Aurey Griffin wasn't back, and so they had a lot of things that they needed to figure out. But I think the fact that they were able to be so dominant in the conference kind of, I guess just was like a reminder of Okay, this is Yukon basketball.
Speaker 3: But I'm sure it.
Speaker 2: Felt really good for them, especially over the weekend, to kind of be playing their best basketball at.
Speaker 3: The right time.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And you know is champions Week, UCLA has won the first Big Ten title in their first year in that conference. TCU Haley Manlyft she kind of had like a revenge or was able to lead her team to their conference championship. We talked about Yukon South Carolina's dominating the SEC, the defending champions, and Duke with the ACC. How do you feel the Big East compares to those other conferences?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's a really great question, Christina, and that's been a question that has been asked all year, And to be frank, the Big East doesn't necessarily stack up with conferences like the ACC. The ACC or the SEC, and I think that part of that has to do with, you know, the transfer portal. I think that with the growth of women's basketball, we're seeing other teams grow.
Speaker 3: There are you know, other.
Speaker 2: Big name coaches out there who are able to recruit certain types of players. And this is all great for the game, This is great for sport, but unfortunately, I think that the Big East just isn't exactly where it was years ago.
Speaker 3: And Yukon's been dominant for so long.
Speaker 2: We were talking about how they won their twelfth Biggiest Conference championship yesterday, but the competition lovel just isn't there. And that's been a question mark for Yukon going into the tournament because it's like, how high was the competition throughout the regular season? What do these wins actually mean or what do they actually show if you're able to run through your conference winning by twenty twenty five points every night. And so I think the answer to that was when we saw them playing some non conference opponents and granted they got that huge and over South Carolina and everything was firing on all cylinders for them in that game, and I think that kind of came from them losing those games to USC, to Notre Dame, to Tennessee, and so, yeah, the biggiest it's not where it used to be, and I don't think it's where it needs to be. And you can ask any biggiest coach and they will tell you this day exact thing. Joe Tardamella from Saint John's actually was asked that after the quarterfinals game against Yukon, and he talked about the portal, and he talked about just recruiting, and I think, you know, maybe there just needs to be a reset, so to speak, to try to build up the competitive level because every year, granted, these teams are going to, you know, fight for what they can and put out their best effort. You don't want to go into a season and saying it's Yukon here and then everyone else is here like that doesn't really help anyone. So I'm kind of hoping moving forward that the Big East gets a little bit better.
Speaker 3: I guess that's the right word.
Speaker 1: Well, we certainly see how the shift and realignment of conferences has helped teams like UCLA and USC, So hopefully, you know, the competitive nature of the Big East can get back to the glory days. Yeah, but looking ahead to what's happening here in March, and obviously all talks are on Pagebeckers, who is projected to be number one pick in the twenty twenty five WNBAH draft. I mean you've covered this team all season long. Where do you see Pagebeckers ranking among the Yukon gretes?
Speaker 2: Oh man? I mean Pages up there with the best of the best. I mean everyone has their Yukon Mountain Rushmore. I mean Mount rush Rushmore will look very different from another person's Fountain Rushmore. But Paige is one of the best players to have played at Yukon. Page has gone through a lot in her career as far as injuries, as far as you know COVID injuries to her teammates. We talk about how little she and Asy have even played games together. But Page is incredible. I mean, she's a two thousand point scorer. She's, you know, the fastest Husky to get there. I think she tied Maya Moore to get to like a thousand or something as the fastest. But Page has missed like fifty nine games in her career, and for her to be able to reach these milestones and to be climbing the all time scoring list, and even in the Big East Tournament. I mean, she was named most out Standing Player for the third time. No other Husky has done that. And when you go down the list of the incredible players that have played there, which is like a thousand of them, it's kind of wild that Page was able to do that, given how her career went, given you know, the team that she was surrounded by. I think that Page is one of the best playmakers to come out of Yukon. I definitely put her in my top three, So I think that she's very high up on that list. I think that if you asked Gino, he'd probably say the exact same. The difference with Paige and players like Maya more Stewie, Diana Tarazzi, Sue Bird is that she hasn't won a national championship yet, and so that could be something that people will use in an argument to say maybe she's not among the greats. I would disagree, obviously. When you go to Yukon, it's national championship or bust. But for her to be there when a you know, conference tournament championship every year, she's there, to be able to reach these scoring milestones and some of these awards that she's been.
Speaker 3: Able to win. I think she has to be up there.
Speaker 1: I think she has to be I agree. I think she's definitely up there. And when we think about great college players, this is something I spoke to Simona Augustus about one of the earlier episodes, and she talked about how she never wanted LSU, but we still see her as one of the greatest to come out of LSU. I mean, she was inducted into the Hall of Fame. People talk about great players who've never won. Kitlyn Clark has never won a championship, a national title, but she is ranked among one of the greatest women's college basketball players, and so do championships measure greatness? I think it's situational. I think it's very situational. But I think about Paige Becker's and what she was able to do with an injured Yukon team last season, leading them to reach the Final Four with limited players on that roster. Looking back at that loss against Iowa and now we see this new and refreshed Yukon team coming into March, what should people look out for?
Speaker 2: Oh Man, I think that the biggest difference between Yukon this year and the Yukon last year who lost to Iowa in the Final four is death. They basically were like limping their way to the final four. No one had them. I made this joke all the time because I tweeted. I was like, you know, I got to have Yukon making it to the final four when I first put out my bracket and I was like, wow, no one believed me. And granted I was probably crazy for thinking that, but they were so depleted. So I think that this year their biggest advantage is their death. And so I think one thing to pay attention to, and we saw this in the South Carolina game is the Big three Number one Paige Becker, Sarah Strong, and Azy Fud. I mean having Asy Fud out there is kind of like a cheat code anyway, because when you think about it, she can shoot better than a lot of players that I have seen, Like her shot is like on auto, Like it's so crazy how quickly it comes out of her hands. But you have like Page as the first option, maybe Sarah as the second option, and then you got Asy outside like on the wing. That's really hard for teams to guard, especially when they're hitting shots. So I think the depth for them, especially as far as the guard play is concerned, is going to be huge for them during the tournament. So I think that's something to look out for. If they are hitting their shots. That's one thing that we've seen with Yukon. Sometimes they'll go on these scoring droughts and it'll be like three or four minutes and they haven't hit a basket, and that's something that we saw on the Biggiest Tournament, and that's something that they're going to have to work on, especially if they want to make a deep run into the tournament. Their biggest demise is there inside game. I think that could be something to also look out for, only because that is something that's been a bit of a challenge for them because they're so young. Inside, they do have Aubrey Griffin who returned from acl injury. Over the past few weeks, she's looked really good. I think she's kind of back to where we all have seen Aubrey at that level. But she didn't play in the tournament and Gino said that it was because of soreness and they want to arrest her for her to be one hundred percent. But without Aubrey they have Jenna Laffi, who's about a six five six to sixth center from Egypt, and they have Ice Brady, who is a sophomore, a red shirt sophomore, and Ice is I think that her path this season hasn't necessarily been linear. She's dealt with some injuries and I think that she's also dealt with some challenges as far as what her confidence look looks like. And I think that's because she hasn't played a lot of games and gotten into a group. Janna can get into foul trouble. We've seen it a lot in the Big East. But the one thing for Jana that I think could be to her benefit is that when they play these bigger teams and these bigger matchups, she thrives. Maybe it's because they're letting them play a little bit more in the post and then box a little bit. But without that, if she does get into fool trouble, that can be tough. So two things to look out for their death, especially at the guard position, and then also kind of how they're big show up in the tournament.
Speaker 1: Absolutely and looking ahead to selection Sunday. What is exciting you the most overall about March madness.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think in Christina, I'm sure you probably could agree with this. I think the best or the coolest thing about this year is that for me, I feel like and then conversations that I've had with colleagues and things like that, I feel like the field is open where I think there's about six to eight teams that could potentially make it to the championship game, win the Natty. So it's like, I think that's probably the best part about it because you don't know who it's going to be. On any given night, someone can go down. I know over the past couple of weeks we saw some you know, big losses to some of these top teams by some of these top teams. So I think that's the coolest thing is that you just don't know who it's going to be. And I think years ago, you know, you were thinking, Okay, it's going to be Tennessee, and it's going to be Yukon, or it's going to be Noted. And I think now you think about the USCS, the UCLA's, the Texas teams, the Notre Dames, the South Carolina's. I mean, I think so many people in South Carolina, I'm sure the past maybe month and a half of the season, I guess outside of their conference tournament may not have gone necessarily the way that they wanted to, But South Carolina is a front runner. Like I was looking the other day and I was like, Yukon has the best odds to win the national championship, which is a shock to me and I cover the team. So I think the coolest thing is that the field is so wide open, and it's gonna make the game so much more exciting to watch because they're going to be so much more competitive.
Speaker 3: So that's what I'm excited to watch.
Speaker 1: Okay, Chelsea, I know it's early, but your prediction for who will be hoisting up the trophy in April.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's hard. I'm obviously very scared of South Carolina. I'm very scared of you see, And I think the biggest integrants to like USC pretty much has UCLA's number this season, even though they lost to them in their conference championship. But I think for me, what it might come down to is just the inside game. Like Okay, USC, Yes, they have Kiki Aryfan who's been playing great, and I think the two man game between her and Juju is amazing.
Speaker 3: But I just I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think like UCLA had a great year South Carolina, I mean, winners win like it's it's they have a winning.
Speaker 3: Culture over there. It's very hard.
Speaker 2: As shocked as I am that Yukon has the best odds to win the National Championship, would I also be shocked or not as shocked if they did. Absolutely, Like Paige Becker's is on a mission right now, and based on what I've seen from her over the past couple of weeks, she has turned a corner where she's being much more aggressive. She's she calls it hunting. She's been hunting her shots more offensively. And when Yukon's defense is what they are like, they're flying around like they are just when it's fluid, it is so on and it can be detrimental to opponents. So I guess to answer your question, that's it's a really hard one. It's really really hard.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Would I be surprised if Yukon held up the National Championship trophy?
Speaker 3: Yes and no.
Speaker 2: Would I be surprised if South Carolina did?
Speaker 3: Yes and no. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, earlier in the season, I thought it was gonna be Notre Dame, you know what I mean. So, like I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I think I totally agree with you, Like the field is so open that it could be anyone's game. And I do think that team's like South Carolina, like the UCLA is, like the Yukon's experience is going to play a major factor in how all of this is going to play out. And so I think that when it comes to those teams, continuity, right, having that chemistry of being in those big moments. I think that when it comes to tournament time, you know, stars are made in March, and so I'm excited to see some of the emerging stars come out. Who is gonna step up in the biggest lights, in the biggest moments. I think that that's what makes March so exciting. So I have no idea who's going to win. I'm right along there with you. Some days I'm like South Carolina is definitely gonna, you know, go back to back, And then I'm like, but u c LA's just.
Speaker 2: Been you don't know, Like you just don't know, and it can be you know how they say in like the NFL, like any given Sunday, it's like on any night, someone will step up. And that's what March madis is about, right, It's about these underdogs, so to speak, like going on a run. Who's gonna be the Cinderella of the tournament? And I'm excited to.
Speaker 1: See that absolutely well. Looking ahead also to the w NBA Drapp we talked a little bit about page Backers being a projected number one pick. Obviously not amongst the media, but fans on social media have been speculating whether she wants to, you know, possibly go to Dallas. Will she you know, fourgo I mean, obviously she's already stated the multiple time she's going to the draft and she doesn't want to play Ucon anymore, But do you see Dallas as the right fit for her? And then also going back to a z buck, will she be back next year?
Speaker 3: Wow? These are two loaded questions.
Speaker 2: Yes, man, Okay, So I don't want to assume or presume here, but I do think that, you know, a lot of people going into the lottery, they definitely may have thought that the Sparks would have gotten the first pick. I think there were a lot of people who were kind of surprised when Dallas did even though it's not up to us like it literally is like as far as the Wings are concerned, So you know, I was looking at their roster as it's currently constructed, and so you know, I could see Page and a Rique like Page running point Erique, you know, being a two and kind of coming off the ball, which I think I would like more so she doesn't necessarily feel like she's forced to run the offense and things like that. I could see, you know, Paige and Namissa Smith that kind of two man game situation going on, which could be really cool. Lu Lopez Seneschal who played at Yukon. That could be nice to kind of, you know, reignite them as teammates again. And Matty segres Is there who played at Villanova, who's the leading scorer in the Big East for women's basketball.
Speaker 3: That could be cool.
Speaker 2: I could see some pick and rolls happening with her and Paige. But I did see that they also picked up Djn A Carrington, and so the Wings.
Speaker 3: Have a lot of guards.
Speaker 2: Page is obviously an incredible player, I mean, I could I could see it fitting. Djna is an incredible defender. She obviously would run should obviously play the same position. I don't know if Djna plays it too much, but usually she.
Speaker 1: Plays guards adjustments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they definitely would have to. I mean what coach wouldn't want to have Page on their team. Kurt Miller was up here at the Big East Tournament, Matty Segriss was here. Obviously Villanova was playing, so they were in Connecticut the weekend. I definitely could see a fit. I mean I could see. I think the thing that's most intriguing is Paige and Arika Gumuale.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean I could see it working.
Speaker 2: I think in any situation, Page would go there and put her best foot forward, So we'll see how that plays out. I think Marika tweeted right after they got the number one over all draft pick and she was like super excited about it. So I'm sure she knows that like a player like Page could potentially be picked first. So I think if she's happy about it, everyone else would be too, because she's a superstar.
Speaker 3: As far as Easy is concerned.
Speaker 2: As if you know Asy Pud, if you've had conversations with her, and I love talking Easy, She's amazing to talk to. She always gives me really great, thoughtful answers. But Asy is really hard to read and so I don't really know where her head is at as far as that's concerned.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you were to ask her.
Speaker 2: Today, she would tell you that she kind of just wants to get through the rest of the season and then make that decision. I'm in the space where I'm like, what else do you need to accomplish at UCO? Given her injury history, I would say, go to the league. I think she's prepared for She's ready for. U COME prepares its players to play professionally in a way that not a lot of other teams do. Asy right now is averaging her best three point percentage in her career. And granted she hasn't played, you know, a ton of games relatively in college, but I think that she could play on a WNBA roster.
Speaker 3: She could come off the bench for a team. She's a sharpshooter.
Speaker 2: So I think for her it's like, while you're healthy, when you're playing at this level, you kind of prove to everyone that you can come back and be at the level that you were before. Why not go to the league? What else do you need to prove staying in college? I know we could talk a lot about nil and you know all the money that they're making, and I know that nil translates to the PROG because you can keep those partnerships and sponsorships. But that is also an argument as well. You know, does she want to stay in college and just kind of coast for a year, make a lot of money, and then go to the w You So there's a lot up in the air for Azy. I personally think that she should make the transition and enter the draft. For sure, she can be like a top fifteen pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, Why wouldn't you want to maximize the opportunity, especially with expansion coming and the new CBA in twenty twenty six. There are a lot of WNBA teams right now who need sharpshooters and coaches who are now coming in with that three point mindset. I think about the LA Sparks hiring their new coach and how Lynn is like hell bant on threes players who can shoot threes. I think about the Atlanta coach and Carl spasco who who also is like listen, I want sharp shooters on my team. So yeah, a lot of teams that can use players like.
Speaker 3: Azy for sure.
Speaker 2: And I think this is also just like showing us the evolution of the game and how the game is changing. And I think we're also kind of seeing that with a new wave of coaches as well. Players are different, the game is different. Players are way more athletic than they used to be, They're way more skilled than they used to be. And so, yeah, I think that this is the perfect time for a player like Asy to get into the w So we'll see what she decides.
Speaker 1: We'll see we'll definitely keep our eyes on what she will decide to do. Before you get out of here, let's talk about Yukon great Diana Tarazzi, who has announced her retirement after twenty years playing with the Phoenix Mercury. How would you describe DT's impact overall on women's basketball.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how to put that into words, honestly. I mean, Diana Trazzi is my favorite player growing up. I think that DT, well, she's obviously one of the greatest players that we've ever seen play basketball.
Speaker 3: Kerrie and I think that, yeah.
Speaker 2: But I think that one of the coolest things about Diana Tarazi and that era of players is that she became a household name, known around the country, known around the world before social media was what it is today, and I think that that says a lot about how amazing she is. The platform that she had and the reach that she had while.
Speaker 3: She was playing.
Speaker 2: I mean, we can go down the list of accomplishments that she has, but I think that at the end of the day, we talk about Mount Rushmore's and things like that.
Speaker 3: For me, she's on my Mount Rushmore. I think that she brought.
Speaker 2: A grit to the game that was necessary, and I think that she was able to do that because one of the players that she was surrounded by, because obviously her and Sue and a.
Speaker 3: Bunch of other players on Yukon that we can.
Speaker 2: Name are very close, but they have different personalities so to speak. But I think that Diana Tarazzi's personality was necessary. I think was necessary to show that you can be this type of player who when you're out on the court, like I'm seeing red, so to speak, but also just be a player of quality and class and have these conversations and be warm and welcoming, willing to talk to fans and younger players and things like that. So, I mean, Dana Tarazzi is just a legendary figure in women's sports. As a whole, but in women's basketball, the fact that she's had the longevity that she's had and the fact that she's been able to win on the level she's been able to win at just speaks volumes, I think to any basketball.
Speaker 1: Fan, absolutely, And you know what's so crazy. I had the opportunity not too long ago to talk to DT about how she viewed her legacy. So I want you guys to take a listen to what she had to say about how she viewed her legacy.
Speaker 4: You know the beauty about legacies, You don't get to write it. I mean, I have no say and how other people perceive my legacy. All I can do is put together this little body of work and then here you guys do what you want with it.
Speaker 5: I really don't get to say I never short changed it. I've evolved as the game has evolved. I've always try to make sure that I was always present for every team I've been on, you know, and I think.
Speaker 3: That's what sets people apart.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're on the court, being off the court and being in luck and being at great teammate, that's just as important to make sure you have success in your team does too, I.
Speaker 4: Know the work, the time, the effort, the things that I've had a sacrifice to keep playing basketball. And you know, I look back on those times. Penny and I talk about it all the time. Would you trade this for that? And I wouldn't trade anything in the world for what I've gotten to experience playing basketball. So that would be my My legacy is if you're willing to give up your life, you have a chance.
Speaker 1: So one of the things I love about DT is that she did it her way her entire career. She's literally one of one, and that's why she is literally the WNBA logo. She comes from a different class of athletes who has that mama mentality. They call her the white Mama, have that mama mentality of as she said, you give it your all, and she was willing to do that her entire career but also give back to the next generation. And so that's what I appreciate about GT. And when she talked about other people writing her legacy and leaving it up to those who watch her play, I think that's great, where she's just like, I gave the game all that I had. Now it's up to you guys to write the rest of the story. I can respect that.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, And I think also what I took away from that was like, you can only show up as yourself, and it's up to other people to receive that, and they're going to receive it the way that they want to. But I think if you show up authentically doing something that you're passionate about and that you love, and you put your best foot forward and on top of that, you have.
Speaker 3: An immense amount of success.
Speaker 2: I think that that's all that you can ask for, and I think that that could be part of her legacy. I agree with her that it is up to everyone else to determine what that legacy looks like, what that means to them. But I think something that's always said is, you know, one of the greatest things that you can do is inspire, and I think that Diana Tarazzi has inspired multiple generations of basketball players, not just women or girls, but men as well, just because of the way that she showed up as her true self. Kobe Bryant is like everything to me, and she always reminded me of him, and I try not to, you know, compare women and men's basketball players, but she reminded me of him because of her mindset and because of the way that she showed up and like you mentioned, that was the older generation of players where there's a certain hunger that I approached the game with, and I think that that was its necessary to show that I, Dana Trazzi as a woman playing in this league, a league that is growing at a very fast pace, I'm able to do that, and I'm able to do it well enough to be able to inspire other people to be able to do that as well. So, I mean, she's incredible. I haven't had the chance to really sit down with her and talk to her, but I am incredibly inspired by her. She's got a swag about her, which I think is so cool. But I'm just really happy for her in retirement. She gave the game everything that she could, and you've got to be content and fulfilled when you're able to walk away healthy and kind of open up that next chapter of your life.
Speaker 1: So absolutely, I'm looking forward to seeing what she does in her next chapter. DT. If you're listening, thank you for everything that you've contributed to the game. And I certainly remember sitting down with you for my very first episode of In Case you missed It last summer at All Star. You were the very first person to walk through that door and sit down with me for this very show. So I appreciate you so so, so, so so much. I think that's kind of legendary, like being able to say I had DT on my first episode of this show. The show has already reached goat satus, but I think that the show was I just remember the interview being so funny, and she's like, this is really nice, and she just spoke life into the show and she was like, I had so much fun doing that interview. And I kind of heard when the door closed her talking to her PR team. It was like, this was really fun. I really enjoyed it. So it wasn't just like I'm here to do this interview, but she really enjoyed like being on the show. So DT, we can't wait to have you back. But happy retirement, enjoy all the things, celebrate take a shot for us. We appreciate everything that you've done for the game of women's basketball and beyond, and Chelsea, thank you for being on the show this this week to break down Yukon and to preview March Madness. We are going to look forward to everything that's happening in the tournament. Looking forward to selection Sunday as well. Thank you so much, Chelsea.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you so much for having me. You know, I love doing this with you. I'm always down to beyond and yeah, looking forward to a really great tournament. So we're going to have to circle back on our predictions and things happens.
Speaker 1: Thank you absolutely well. I don't I'm not sure if we made one hundred percent sure predictions, but as we said, anybody can win on any given day. All right, y'all, we're going to take a quick little break and when we get back, we're going to be joined by Oregon women's basketball's Dasha Kelly, so stay with us. As you all know, Selections Sunday is slowly approaching, and it's about to be that time, March Madness, the time that we look forward to all year long and women's college hoops. Joining me this week on the show to break it all down and to talk about her prestigious collegiate career is Oregon Ducks point guard Daja Kelly. Deja. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hi, thank you for having me, Thanks.
Speaker 1: For being here. So I want to start off by asking a question that I tend to ask all of the guests that come through to the show, when did you first fall in love with basketball?
Speaker 6: Man, I have been playing basketball since I was like three years old. I want to say when I first started to kind of develop a passion was around like third grade. That's when my mom had first started a team for me. She already had her own organization and coached for a while, so I asked her to start a team for me, and that's kind of when I was like, Okay, I think this is something that I want to try to be really good at. I want to actually put the time in. Ever since then, it was just that's when I started writing down goals. We made goals together.
Speaker 3: That's when I.
Speaker 6: Started doing extra workouts, extra practices, just kind of starting to make those sacrifices if this was something that I really wanted to pursue in a huge light. So I want to say I was pretty young when I knew that this was my passion. And of course both my parents played basketball, so I kind of grew up around the game and watching them kind of be around it.
Speaker 3: So at a very early age was when I kind of fell in love with the game.
Speaker 1: You just mentioned how both your parents were collegiate athletes. How has that influenced the way that you approach the game?
Speaker 6: It just it gave me a different perspective at such a young age. I think just being able to talk with them about their experiences, asking them questions about, you know, what it would look like for me, just seeing if this was something that I wanted to do and wanted to really take on seriously. My dad went to Texas, so I was kind of always following in his footsteps at a young age, and that's when I had committed to Texas at an early age and seventh grade. And so I think just having that having my mom as a coach and my trainer, like, I think that instilled a different type of iq with playing the game. When you play for your mom or having your mom as a coach, I think that just gives you a different perspective. And just overall it's just kind of broadened my experience with basketball and again just really helping me tap into my passion with that, and they've guided me so much along the way. So overall, it's just it's been great to just have two parents who were both tapped into the sport.
Speaker 1: You mentioned your Texas roots. And you know, obviously the w NBA was embedded in Texas before with the San Antonio Stars now known as the Las Vegas Aces. How was it just growing up and just being able to see, you know, women reach the highest level of the sport.
Speaker 6: Oh man, it was amazing. We would go to the Silver Stars games all the time. I remember being at act man. Becky Hammond was my favorite player growing up.
Speaker 3: So I watched her a lot.
Speaker 6: I really idolized her and just wanted to play like her. I remember watching her distinctly Sophia Young like that whole that whole team was so fun to visualize as a young girl because I knew that that was I wanted to be on that floor one day and you know, be in their shoes, and that was something just being able to have that experience so young and just being able to see, Okay, this is what I want to really pursue. This is I want to be a professional. I want to be a pro. And just being able to have like that to look up to and continuously watch in my city, that was just a great experience for me and again just gave me a broader perspective at such a.
Speaker 1: Engaged, and I want to fast forward to now. So after spending four seasons that you and ce you made the decision to transfer to Morgan for your final year. What had what was the driving factor for that decision coming into your fifth year?
Speaker 3: It was a variety of things.
Speaker 6: There was a list of things that I was kind of looking at just to get out of my last year. For me, of course, being able to spend four years at Carolina, being able to graduate get my degree, that overall was just a phenomenal time that I had, and it allowed me to really build my brand and build my game and just overall just you know, it built my foundation from a collegiate standpoint. And I think that for my last year, I was really kind of just looking for what can just best help me prepare for the pros And because luckily we were blessed enough to be granted that fifth year, so I was like, why not try to take that extra time to get ready and prepare and be my best? And I think that's something that I was really looking for. Oregon has a different system, a different style of play, obviously a completely different experience, but I think the Oregan's offense is more pro style and lots of ball screens, being able to make reads on the fly. It's kind of just more free flow and I think that's something that will definitely help translate to the pros. And that's something that I kind of visualize myself just needing to get better at and a system that I needed to get better in. And that was just kind of a big step that I took in my last year. I didn't know what to expect, but from a basketball standpoint and like an analytical standpoint, that's kind of what I was looking for. And really just getting back to just having fun and just hooping. I think that was the biggest thing, and luckily I found that. It's been a great staff, of a great experience, great team, But overall, I think I've just seen my growth in a system like Oregon has, and just overall as a basketball player, the reads that I'm making that are different. Just being able to be a leader on the floor and in the true point guard that's just something that I've been able to grow at and that's what that's all I could have asked for in my last year. So it's been such a fun experience, but not done yet, of course, But that's really what I was looking for out of my fifth year.
Speaker 1: You talked about wanting to getting back to having fun. Was there a point in your collegiate career where you felt like you lost that joy?
Speaker 3: Yes, I think unfortunate.
Speaker 6: There's so much that comes with being a collegiate basketball player, and then NIL was kind of a big thing, so you're in this different light, and especially with the route that college basketball is going on, which is great because there's so many more eyes, there are bigger audiences, bigger fan bases, but sometimes it could get to a point where it's just, you know, it's it's exhausting at times, and if you don't know how to fully manage it and fully work through it, you can kind of just take yourself a hole. And I feel like that's kind of what I was in, especially last year, to where it was just, you know, I was just trying to struggling to just find the joy and playing. And of course I love the game of basketball. I love I have a passion for it, but I could just feel like that wasn't really there at that moment. So that's kind of what that was one of the biggest things I was searching for when leaving again, my passion for the game.
Speaker 3: Never went away. It was just like, how am I going to find out again?
Speaker 6: And just figuring out how to you know, help myself and build myself back up to how I know I can play to who I know Desia is overall as a player and as a person. So that was just kind of what I was looking for and wanted to find again.
Speaker 3: In terms of that.
Speaker 6: But the passion for the game never went away, but it was just, you know, it was just do I need a different environment to find that?
Speaker 3: And so far I have?
Speaker 1: Was there any specific thing that happened? And then I also want to touch on you brought up nil and I know that when you were a freshman, it kind of didn't exist, and then that next year there was a huge jump and obviously you've been able to grow your brand and a master of social media following and presence to over a million across all of your social media accounts. Just talk about how Anil has changed the game for you, and just going back to that point of was there anything specific that kind of turned for you in the last year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Nio was a huge boost for everyone, but for me specifically. Yeah, our freshman year of course it was COVID. We were kind of on still rebuild, and that's what I knew that I was going into on my freshman year. I knew when I chose Caroline my goal was just to help put us back on the national map. And we've made a huge jump from that freshman year to sophomore year. And of course with Nil coming into play, that completely changed the landscape. That completely changed my life in such a different way because it automatically brings.
Speaker 3: More eyes, It automatically brings more attention just to.
Speaker 6: Not only your game, but you know, the social media aspect, and I think that was something that I was really trying to figure out once it first started, because it all happened so fast, I didn't expect to kind of do as well as I have since then. And it's been great, but I think there there are some downsides to it, and I think for me, it just took me a little while to try to figure out and navigate and kind of filter both of those the.
Speaker 3: Negative sides of things.
Speaker 6: And I think that overall that kind of carried over to not even to the court, I want to say it was mostly basketball, to where I was just like not feeling like myself, and I think it was it was a mix of, you know, just kind of my environment, the fan base that was it is kind of something that took a toll on me.
Speaker 3: And overall, I was just like, I think I just need a fresh start.
Speaker 6: And me, I was really content with I was here four years again, I'm getting my degree, I'm graduating. So I gave all I could to this program, and for me, I felt like I just needed kind of just a fresh start, a new experience, a new environment, and I think really it was going to help best prepare me for the next level for the pros, because you don't know where you're going to end up, you don't know what to expect, you don't know who you're going to play with, but you got to figure it out on the fly. And I think so that's that's why I'm super happy that I took that leap of faith to be able to leave my last year and you know, just kind of hope and pray that it was going to be a great experience for me and that I was going to get better from it. And overall I have just as a person, but more you know, of course as a player, because I've just learned so much. I've grown so much. I've seen the game in a different perspective, and overall, I'm just happy with my decision.
Speaker 1: And yeah, keeping the main thing the main thing and getting that fresh start, changing your perspective on basketball. I think that the Big Ten has taken, you know, the women's college basketball scene by storm. What has it been like being able to compete in the Big Ten and how's that shaped your game this season?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Big Ten is a phenomenal conference. And from the other side, when I was at the ACC, I was like, oh, this is the best conference, like we are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the Big Ten is different.
Speaker 6: I mean the media coverage of course, like you just have way more eyes on you, which is great, but overall, just the consistent gauntlet that you're playing in. I mean we have I think it says as of now thirteen teams that are probably making the tournament. We have eighteen in the conference. So like every night you were playing against some other pros, future pros, you were playing against some really good team to have played together.
Speaker 3: For a while.
Speaker 6: So it was just it's been a great transition for me, and it took me a little bit to kind of get used to and just kind of figure out, you know, what I'm playing with and how to just play through a different system. But once I got you know, back to myself and you know, just getting my groove, I was like, this is but just overall seeing the experience and the conference, it was just like, this is something that you know, a lot of people should look at overall, the if you want to be battle tested every single night.
Speaker 3: If you want to really grow your game. It's a different style.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: Sometimes it's a little bit slower, it's kind of more big dominant some teams, and then you have some teams that are you know, faster paced, a little more guards. So I think you get it's really versatile too. You get an experience of it all. But it has been so much fun playing in the Big Ten and again I think it truly is probably one of the best or is the best conference in the country for sure.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Selection Sunday is coming up, and after Oregon's tough loss to Indiana and the Big Ten Tournament, you know, you guys are probably still processing that result. But how do you stay motivated as you kind of await that uncertainty heading into the selection Sunday?
Speaker 6: We've known that we were going to make the tournament. I know that we have. You know, we have the resume to prove it. We have the wins prove it. None of our losses were bad, so I think and just overall, just us being able to completely flip this program around from where it was last year with nine new faces, I think that's something that can't go unnoticed. So for us, you know, I think we're going into March Madness really confident and just excited.
Speaker 3: You know, we have a lot again, we have a lot of new.
Speaker 6: People who have never played in a postseason ever, and so I think that's just a fun experience. You get a different type of energy from the team and a different type of confidence. And just as a leader who has been there before too, I'm just trying to instill that in my teammates as well and just make sure everyone knows that we belong because we do. There was never any doubt that, you know, we might not make the tournament. We don't know, and of course you know, we'll see Sunday, but you know, there's there's no doubt. And I think for us, this is the best time of the year, and this is one of the best experiences that you'll ever have. So I think for our team, I think everyone's really understanding that. And you know, we got the Big Ten tournament kind of out of the way, like obviously that didn't go how we wanted. But I think we're going into March Madness and Selection Sunday just really excited for what's to come, really excited for the challenge, and we'll take.
Speaker 3: It a head on.
Speaker 1: You brought up how you've been able to lead the team in terms of having a new environment, a new roster, nine new players on your team. How would making the tournament feel in terms of like your personal journey just knowing all the things that you've been through in your collegiate career and the growth that you've experienced as a player and as a leader, as an athlete and as a leader.
Speaker 6: Yeah, from a personal standpoint, I think for me, it'll to be able to lead a team, my team to a tournament for five years. I think that's something that you know can't go overlooked, but it's just it's something that shows that how I can contribute to winning, my value to winning, my impact, and you know, obviously for the next level that just you know, that just gives a different light. But for us to have nine new players and be able to put that together really quick than a matter of a couple of months, and I think that was really impressive and something that honestly, I did not expect for us from the jump.
Speaker 3: It was just I knew that there was gonna be some growing pains.
Speaker 6: I knew that there was gonna it was gonna take time for us to do and sometimes I got lost and I forgot that kind of throughout the season. Like I mean, I you know, playing that well off each other, Like there are games and I'm like, we are new, so let me let me slow down, let me get this grace. But like, just for us to be able to figure that out, and again for me, it was it took me taking on an even bigger leadership role than I have had for four years to be able to help guide my team and kind of help us navigate through, you know, the challenges up and downs. But it's it's overall for us to be able to play how we played and have a winning season and finish eighth in the Big Ten. I think they had us finishing between like thirteen and fifteen, So you know, for us to be able to do that, I'm like dearrid, but yeah, like just for us to be able to do what we've done, and from a personal standpoint, for me to continue to keep the team that I'm playing on at a top level and playing at a high level, I think that just speaks volumes and it's something that I really take parte in.
Speaker 3: I really take pride.
Speaker 6: And being a leader and trying to be my best at that and doing whatever is needed for us to win, and doing whatever is needed for my team.
Speaker 3: So if that's really.
Speaker 6: Facilitating playmaking, great, If that's scoring when I need to, which is what I've kind of been having to do towards the end, great, And I think that, you know, for our team, that's something that we're super unselfish, and we have so many pieces and so many different things that people bring and everyone knows that and respects that. And for me, this is a team that I've been on that probably respects each other the most and expect respects each other's game and each other's value and really appreciates that. So it's definitely been a lot of fun overall just to be a.
Speaker 1: Part of Okay, y'all, it's time to pay some bills. But when we get back more from this conversation with Dasha Kelly, stay with us. When I think about the growth of the women's game, especially in the last several years, I feel like you've been in a thick of it in terms of having that COVID year, basing adversity, the March mad is Brandon being able to be being used now in twenty twenty two and beyond, and just the increase in visibility and the growth of the game. Personally, how has that shift in you know, the growth of the game been for you and where do you think it's headed for the future.
Speaker 6: It has shifted college sports, women's college basketball, and a magnitude of ways overall that we've seen. You know, you've seen the viewership, You've seen the fan bases grow, You've seen the tenants grow. I think for me personally, yeah, being in the thick of it seeing how it was from COVID to now is insane. How the jump has been made. But it took a lot of work. You know, it took a lot of players like me. You've seen so many big name players you know, speak up on and trying to help the matter and just really emphasize how important women's college basketball is, women's sports are in general, but just being able to really experience that and kind of shift that and be in the midst of it while it's shifting and changing. Being able to experience that growth as we've gone and as I've gotten to this point has been a lot of fun. It's just really cool to see how.
Speaker 3: So many people can who were so unaware, and.
Speaker 6: I think you would be, like, you know this, college basketball has been so much fun and March madness for a long time, but now that we have more eyes, it's just it takes to a whole another level.
Speaker 3: And you're you're talking about players you.
Speaker 6: Know in the same sentences as NBA players, as WNBA players.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just a hot topic of discussion.
Speaker 6: And for us to be able to have that to carry on once we leave college, once we enter the pros and so forth, I think that's something that has definitely been a great platform for us overall.
Speaker 3: On a good foundation.
Speaker 1: I think one of the things that is kind of crazy to me still is the time between when the tournament finish finishes in the WNBA Draft. Obviously, you continuously talked about wanting to be a pro. Will you declare for the twenty twenty five WNBA Draft?
Speaker 3: Yes? I will.
Speaker 6: Yes, I am super excited again. Just being able to have the fifth year to be able to continue to grow my game was great. But yes, I am finally excited to.
Speaker 3: Declare the job.
Speaker 6: I don't have no more years of eligibility, so no one asked me, so yes, I am declaring for the twenty twenty five draft.
Speaker 1: What do you hope w NBA gms and scouts know about you? About your game? What do you want them to know?
Speaker 6: I feel like there's so much, but no, I think for me overall, you know, in the four years that I was at Carolina, I think everyone GM's coaches have been able to see what I can do in terms of just my scoring ability, my playmaking ability, as well as just my competitiveness. I think that's something you can't teach, just having that killer mentality consistently and be able to try it and so that in my teammates as well. That's something that I consistently did at North Carolina. Now with a shift to Oregon, I think that something that I would want or would help gms and coaches see is one the ability to challenge myself. I mean that was a huge challenge to be able to take on and wanting to get better. I think that was something because going to Oregon, I knew that it was going to be again a different system and they see the type of style, the style of play that Oregon plays with and has played with for years with you know, Sabrina and Satoo. But yeah, just me being able to take that on, it shows that I wanted to grow my game just from mostly a playmaking standpoint.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows I can put the ball in the basket.
Speaker 6: That's what I've done my whole career, but just my playmaking ability and my leadership, you know, just really being taking control of a team and leading a team and running a team. I think that's something that has been a huge part of my growth and something that I would have to do at the next level. I think I'm probably a little too little to play, you know, off the ball, and you know we'll see.
Speaker 1: Business small guards get love to the w right exactly.
Speaker 6: But you know, I've always been a little bit of a combo guard, so just being versatile in that way, but also really just showing that I can again, like I said, runner team have the ball in my hands, be a point guard in that sense, a scoring, playmaking point guard, you know, just for them to see that and something that I've grown in in this past year again, and I think that's super important. And again just my impact to winning and how I contribute to winning in all different ways defensively, offensively, Like that's something that you know, just sacrificing for the team, and I think that's something that I hope they see and that I'm excited to continue to show in March Madness. But yeah, something that I've shown all year, so I'm really feeling good about it. I was really excited with my play and again my growth this season, so I know it'll.
Speaker 1: Pay off and I know it will as well. I know you mentioned that Becky Hammond was someone you watched growing up, But there is there any other w NBA player now, past or president that you sort of feel like inspired you or that you model your game after.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean there's been a number that have inspired me. I grew up watching basketball since I started playing, just with my mom being a coach, she always had it on the TV. So I'm sitting there with her watching and I'm like who's that okay cool noted like, and then I just grew up watching them. But yes, Becky Hammond was definitely one of the first that I grew up. I probably I probably have so many pictures of me at games with her, But once I really started watching like college basketball, Skyler Diggens of course, was like the blueprint for me. Just watching her, you know, competitiveness at Notre Dame and her fierceness and then her ability to be you know, the business woman that she is off the court. That was truly admirable. But you know, I grew up watching my More and Diana Tarrossi and Chelsea Gray.
Speaker 3: So as of late, I think for me, just.
Speaker 6: Chelsea Gray is a big one, especially in the mid range, but just as a point guard, just me really watching and trying to, you know, see her playmaking and see how she creates feathers as well as creates for herself. And someone else that I watched really closely this past year was Courtney Williams.
Speaker 1: I think her, Yeah, Vidy is crazy is and for me, you know, that is my bread and butter.
Speaker 6: So just watching how she gets to her spots as well as watching how she helped run her team, So I think it's just a good mix.
Speaker 3: Those are kind of people that I've watched. I watched Kelsey plom you know.
Speaker 6: Her scoring ability, how she can get downhill and create her own shot. So I think, uh, you know, I don't really try to model my game after anybody necessarily, but I definitely do try to take business pieces and you know, try to make it to you just added to my game. And there's so many good players in the league. There's so many good players out of the league as well, but so much to learn from, so many people to learn from. And again, just having that growing up and just continue to watch and watch these players grow as well into what they are now has been such a blessing. And I'm just they're they're great for our game. It's great to have them to kind of look up to.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: I think that speaks to the testament of the growth of this sport, because I remember a time where people did not even know or could not name a women's basketball player, or even years ago where collegiate players like I don't watch the w and it's like, how do you want to be a pro? You don't right watch it? So I think that is great that there's like a new generation of college players who you know are watching or who are growing up with the game. You mentioned how Skyler digg and Smith, how her being a businesswoman inspired you to, you know, handle your business off the court. Talk about some of your off the court initiatives and your aspirations of wanting to be in broadcasting one day.
Speaker 6: Yes, that is something that I have kind of grown a passion for leading up to college, and then of course once I got into school, that was my major. That's what I was really studying and just really wanted to tap into. Of course, I think growing up watching so much basketball, I saw all the pregame interviews, I saw all the postgame interviews, like I would stay to watch all of those, and that became something I was like, Oh, this is something that I can do and I want to do.
Speaker 3: And when I was younger, my mom always had me.
Speaker 6: In front of the camera, so I was like I could be in front of the camera. But then just being able to talk the game. I know, I have a high IQ. And then as I got older and really started studying it and getting hands on practice and being able to shadow. I was shadowing Andrea Carter I've had conversations with Taylor Rooks, Malika Andrews, just being able to get some knowledge from them and really make sure that this was the route that I wanted to take in one is and again once I got to Oregon, the Big ten Network being as big as it is, being able to get some hands on practice with them as sideline with Color has been such a fun experience, and that's definitely something I want to pursue. That's more so for like longevity, but of course if the opportunity is there while I'm still playing or in the off season whatever that looks like, I would definitely love to pursue that career as well, you know, like Leah Boston's doing, like Candice did, Chelsea Gray did it for the ACC Network with us. So just being able to see that, I know that that's something I can also pursue as well, and that's a great career. I mean for me, I'm just really excited to tap into it, and I'm really blessed to have already had some practice and experience before I even leave school.
Speaker 1: All Right, so before you get out of here, I'm going to ask you to put on your analyst hat and take away the fact that you know you're currently playing in college basketball. So as March approaches, well we're already in March, but like March Madness, as it approaches, what excites you about the tournament? And who do you have as a sleeper team analysts?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, the player because I don't be biased, I think for March Madness, I think the most exciting thing is we've seen such a the top teams fluctuates, and you've seen so many different teams one, see two, see all, I think, and you've seen so many upsets already throughout the whole season. So I think for March Madness, you can expect it to be just exciting as it always has been.
Speaker 3: But I think.
Speaker 6: We'll probably see a little bit of some upsets, We'll probably see some surprises. But I think you know this, this is when everyone shines, and we're the big names, big players shine.
Speaker 3: So I'm really excited to see that.
Speaker 6: Of course, and I think a big sleeper team from an analyst standpoint, I think it would have to be Oregon women's basketball.
Speaker 3: Of course, that's my choice.
Speaker 6: But they have a great squad, we have a great some great players, just a great system. Overall and they can defend their bets off. So Oregon is my choice for the sleeper team.
Speaker 1: Keeping that analysts is on Styeah, keeping it on, keeping it on. Page Becker's is projected to be the number one overall pick in the twenty twenty five draft. What do you see about her game that stands out to you? And as a competitor, As a competitor and as an analyst.
Speaker 6: She's just so she's so efficient in her movements. You know, when I've seen her and played against her as well, you know she was hard to guard because it was she's constantly moving. She's constantly setting experience for others, which gets her more open.
Speaker 3: And I think she does.
Speaker 6: A lot of her scoring and just movements and very few dribbles, which I think is impressive. And again just her playmaking ability at her size as well, that's that's really impressive. Page is a great player, she always has been, and I think she's so humble about it too. I think that's something that you know, as a as a competitor, you like to see they right now they have us in their in their region, so I'm like, hopefully we'll play them again, which I would be really excited about being Paige or friends easy all them, so we kind of grew up friends, so I would be excited to, you know, play against them. And but yeah, I mean, Paige is definitely a great player. Everyone knows that she is exactly who people think she is and exactly the player that people think she is. So yeah, I'm excited to see, you know, what she does in the future as well, and obviously wish the best to her.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Weldasia, It's been a pleasure having you on the show this week. Wishing you all the best for selection Sunday and beyond, and I'm really looking forward to seeing you in the w n B A one day. Thank you so much for joining us this week.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: All Right, chall we're gonna take another quick break and when we get back, it's the Things that I Love this week. Welcome back to in case you missed it with Christina Williams, and I just want to thank both Chelsea Charad and Dasha Kelly once again for dropping through to the show this week as we get into March madness. But for now, it's time for my favorite part of the show. Here's the Things that I Love this week. Okay. Also at the top of the show, I talked about how it's been a little bit of a hiatus for the show. The girl has been traveling, celebrating my birthday, moving a lot of different things. Okay, So one of the things that I love this week was being able to travel. I guess I've been all over the place. I went to Nashville to for AU Athlete to Limited Basketball for their championship weekend and Matti Segris was named the twenty twenty five AU champion. But what I loved about being in Nashville was being able to just take a step back and hang out with my friends. Shout out to the brunch crew was with Tarika Fostin Rasbee front to the show and Katot You guys may remember him from the top New York Countdowns show. Yeah, we had a time in Nashville. Shout out to Izzy Harrison though, because we went out to watch a Dironte Davis fight in Nashville and we went to this restaurant where they told us it would be a thirty five minute wait for a table, and so we waited past thirty five minutes and then at the like the forty minute Mark is He Harrison, who is the newest member of the New York Liberty. She walked into the bar and she says to the host I know you guys all have my friends sitting down waiting for a table, and I kids you not, I kid you not. The hostess didn't even look to see through there was a table free. Automatically, there was a table free for us, and we didn't have to wait in the lobby of the restaurant. And not only did they give us a table, they gave us a VIP booth and gave us extra food. So after that weekend, I nicknamed Izzy Harrison the Mayor of Nashville, because obviously she's from Nashville, played for Tennessee. He was there for AU But literally she said, I know you guys all have my friends waiting, And it was a joking matter, not like a stuck up snobby. It was like a really playful matter, and they gave us the table right away. So shout out to Izzy Harrison, the Mayor of Nashville, and I'm looking forward to seeing you in the New York Liberty colors in the WNBA season. I also enjoyed going to Puerto Rico y'all. I spent a lot of time in pr for my birthday and just to take a quick reset. As a pisc's girly, I appreciate the water, so I loved being at the beach, being able to take in all the sun before it came back to New York City for the cold weather. But I guess it kind of warmed up this week. But yeah, that's the thing that I love she just spending time with my friends, being able to have a quick reset for the craziness of the tournament starts and also the w NBA season. Sometimes it's just okay to not feel guilty about having a little reset. But I'm so excited to be back here with you guys after our little NBA All Star hiatus. I hope you enjoyed the last few episodes of the show. I certainly had a great time in San Francisco filming with Cheryl Swoops and Turka Fossil Brasby at Club thirty. Shout out to Steph Curry as well, and also breaking news, Steph Curry was named an investor for Unrival Basketball. So love that he is taking the initiative to continue to use his platform to invest in the next generation of athletes, especially women athletes. So shout out to Steph Curry, thank you again for you and your team hosting us. The NBA all start at Club thirty for our shows, and that's gonna do it. For this week's things that I Love, I guess it was a lot of things that I love because it's been about three weeks, y'all, So don't forget to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast, and we'll be back next week with special guests Christina. Anyway, So see you next week in case you missed it with Christina Williams is an iHeart women's sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports and Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.