Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some of the stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Caroline Hepcut with Lizzie Burton, which joined about Boomberg Reporter clomber Lay, Good morning, Good morning. So let's talk about Edenber. This is the French employee benefits company. It says that it's been approached by investment funds. So what's the news for them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean the chas have reacted very positively to that. So as you as you said Eden readers and employee benefits firm. It's the main thing that it's known for in France is the Tiki storm, which is the meal vouchers provided to employees. And so it said this morning there had been approached by investment funds, essentially confirming that there had been interested in the company after a report that there was takeover interest from the investment firm BC Partners. As eden Red said, there was no certainty that interest from those funds would result in the deal. It said that it was really remaining focused on its current strategy. But regardless, we are seeing this takeover in Trees being received very enthusiastically by the market, shares soaring about eighteen percent when the market opened. The stock has been doing pretty okay this year, but eden red is facing some.
Speaker 1: Regulatory challenges at the moment.
Speaker 4: This meal voucher reforms happening in some of its markets like Italy and Brazil. There's also an anti trust investigation in Turkey into a potential collusion by meal voucher providers. So this is the context in which a deal maybe could make sense for Eden. Rehtz will be watching out for any developments.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's also talk about Lecan, another French firm rich designs and manufacturers electrical devices.
Speaker 1: That's what's driving it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Shares rising very strongly this morning, fullgo after the company presented at JP Morgan's European Industrials conference in London, and it seems that their presentation really reassured investors around especially the data center business. So Logo is one of those companies that provide the electrical equipment, calling technologies, all of those things that are very integral to the smooth running of a data Center. It's a smaller peer of Schneider Electric, and it's also a company that's not been doing as well performed as well as Schneider.
Speaker 1: But an analyst at JP.
Speaker 4: Morgan said that the Logo executives did a really good job of explaining their strong positioning in data centers, both in the near term and the long term, and so that's really boosting those shares. Of course, now there's kind of a new generation of data centers entering the scene. They need to be more powerful, more compact, more energy efficient, and so the type of equipment that is necessary that is needed for that is going to change as well.
Speaker 1: But it seems that Logo is well positioned for that.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, let's stay with France then for the last of our stocks.
Speaker 1: That's CAF for the French supermarket chain. Yeah, and JP Morgan is also involved in that story.
Speaker 4: So JP Morgan plays Carfur on a negative catalyst watch, saying that the half year results, which would do a little bit later late the next month, actually in July on July twenty third, that those results might be a little bit bleak. So said that car Fell has a record of missing expectations and that there could be disappointment yet again for the company.
Speaker 1: They said that Spain.
Speaker 4: Was really the only bright spot, that there were pressures in France, there were pressures in Brazil, and the rest of Europe was not looking too great either.
Speaker 1: Of course, a big problem for.
Speaker 4: Supermarkets across Europe these days is inflation and the impact on consumer spending, and then that coupled with the competitive pressures from discount retailers like Little and LD as well, and so all of that is really eating into margins and that requires cost cuts elsewhere to kind of mitigate that impact. And so that balance is really going to be what investors focus on when the car Fell reports next month.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.