Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's the final hour of the final show of the year for us, and we're going to go out in style. Tears of joy, tears of sorrow. We hang banners, we unfurral banners, Most improve, least improved, most valuable, least valuable Danet, and we name the most valuable caller and the most valuable backroom guy. All of that coming up. Also, there's a pie to the face bet between Marvin and Seatan. Marvin is guaranteeing that Seaton will be the most valuable Danete. Setan says that he won't be. We had a lemon meringue pie and then I realized that it could burn your face. So we have a a Christmas log that you're going to be hitting the face with. So a yule log is it's a cake log a drool line. Yeah, if you're watching on Peacock, you can see that will be in somebody's face in in about the forty minutes or so. It is a meat Friday, And case you're wondering surf and turf, we got Jimmy Tura smoked ribbis, grilled lobster tail stuff clams, salt crusted, loaded baked potatoes. Who hadn't better than we do?
Speaker 3: Nobody?
Speaker 2: All right, Final hour? What's poll question? We're gonna go with seat Noel Connor.
Speaker 4: That might be the best Meat Friday ever.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good, pretty good, you know, Jimmy Tura very underrated, underrated. Yeah, you don't normally ask for it, but when you get it, you're like, all right, Jimmy Tura smoked ribbys. All right, poll question for the final hour. We got up there right now.
Speaker 5: The la rams are interesting, threatening, entertaining. Voting falls right in that order. Forty two have them interesting, thirty five ish have threatening, and then only twenty three percent of the audience find them entertaining.
Speaker 2: I find them entertaining. You do, Yeah, I do. I'll come. I don't know. I I like kyn Williams, liked him at Notre Dame, Pooka Nakua. Cooper Cup, even Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 5: Cooper Cup kind of feels like, oh yeah, yeah, I remember Cooper Cupp's are like Avin Kamara, like, oh yeah remember he used to be really great?
Speaker 2: Yeah what happened to that dude? Yeah? Yeah, that that's a nice complimentary wide receiver to have for Pooka Nakua who could turn in, you know, at least yards wise, greatest season that a rookie has ever had. And he's already in that category with Randy Moss, justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, and you know, not bad for a guy who was expected to be a middle round draft pick and was a middle round draft pick and now he might be the offensive rookie of the year. Right, anything else, Seaton, We've got.
Speaker 4: One here that hits a bunch of different topics from the to double D.
Speaker 2: Most tired story.
Speaker 4: Of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Ooh, okay, Todd's not in that, is he? I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's somewhere around eight options.
Speaker 2: Okay, eight options.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well where shoheo Tani would sign? I mean, that's that was a huge story. I don't know if it was tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't get tired of it. I got exhausted that there was no information, But I didn't get tired of people talking about that.
Speaker 5: If Draymond Green has mental health issues, I don't know if it was that, if the story was tired that he got mental or if he has mental health issues, but maybe it was a little tired of his antics.
Speaker 2: His his Yeah, this is all tired.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I got tired of the story, but I definitely got tired of him.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I agree. What about Bill Belichick's future, Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 6: I disagree.
Speaker 7: I am fascinated by that one because the lack of information that we've gotten, Yeah, every day gets more interesting.
Speaker 2: It's because it's the Patriots. You don't get any information, and even when you think you have information, the person who gave us the information then didn't want to come on the show to talk about the information because he probably heard from the Patriots. Tom Curran, who, well, what else do YOUFC?
Speaker 4: How about Jim Harbaugh in Michigan? Did you get tired of them at all?
Speaker 2: I got a little tired of the victimization that the Wolverines felt. And even Jim, Yeah, he wanted his day in court. And then all of a sudden, wait, you got some information on our linebackers, Jim, Jim will take the punishment there. Well, I was waiting for something to happen there and then it didn't, and then they ended up beating Ohio State, and now he's heard from the NC DOUBLEA.
Speaker 5: So you know, we could also change the wording of this from the most tired story of twenty twenty three to the biggest story of twenty twenty three, since I don't know nobody's I guess Todd is the only one tired of them.
Speaker 4: But tell you got any thoughts on this?
Speaker 2: You're what it takes a long time.
Speaker 8: You know, eventually you want, like, let's get the resolution. Is the story right with Tom Kurrn? Has he definitely done at the end of the year or is it some of these ores?
Speaker 2: But we don't even know if he's going to be done. We don't know what their draft pick is going to be, we don't know if the Patriots would trade him, we don't know if he wants to coach someplace OL. So there's still I mean, this is the greatest coach in NFL history we're talking about, so I didn't. I guess it depends on is it worth it, like that player or that team or that coach. Show Hey, o, Tani, you know this is a transcendent player. We've never had this. And then the contract that he signed, So I was not tired of that. I was fascinated by it. I'll be fascinated by what the Patriots do and what Belichick does. Draymond doesn't fascinate me. I mean, if he has mental health, you know, issues, I hope he takes care of it. But the other did he just have mental health issues? Are they just realizing this? That's why, you know, I just don't buy into it, you know, Yeah, Pauling.
Speaker 7: I hate when stories are finalized. I hate when stories as for what we do for a living. Once It's like, once Otani signs with the Dodgers, the story kind of goes away. It's the the speculation, it's the possibilities.
Speaker 3: That was what we do from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Otani goes there, And then I wondered, does that mean that Yoshinobu Yamamoto is going to go there because he's friends with Otani? Now I can be friends with you, That doesn't mean I want to go to your team unless I'll be friends with you or I'm friends with you and they get me three hundred and twenty five million dollars and a fifty million dollars signing bonus. Then yeah, but I was fascinated about are players going to want to play with Otani? The Dodgers? I don't know if they can afford anybody after this. Yes, ton for.
Speaker 8: Content for shows like US, that's good stuff. And if you're a deep sports fan. For the average person trying to make ends meet, I could see the other side where Sepular, I wonder who's going to give him the six seven hundred.
Speaker 3: Million dollars the Giants, Dodgers, Blue Jays.
Speaker 8: That would be my point about how like, you know, moving on to another topic that some people might be like, all right away, which team is going to give you a billion dollars?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But I don't like, at what point do are these people bothered by this?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: How much is I'm bothered by this?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 8: They stuf to go about your business and be.
Speaker 2: They got to seven hundred million, Now you're bothered by this? Right? Like four hundred The guy who's a truck driver is going to be, yeah, I'm okay with that. What did he get seven hundred? Oh man, you got to be kidding me. I got what what it's like when we play the lottery, when we but we wait till it gets to a certain amount. It's you know, it's got to be at least two hundred and fifty million or We're not doing it. It's not worth your while. Yeah, hey, you do want to be in it. It's one hundred million.
Speaker 3: It's not going to change my lifetime.
Speaker 2: It's like the Live Tour. Yeah, it's not going to change my lifestyle.
Speaker 8: I was actually on the list which PGA Tour player is next to leave or Live Golf as the tired story of twenty twenty three as we wait with breath for the next person to join.
Speaker 2: I was tired of the Live Story because they kept giving them talking points of what to say when you got in front of the media, and it's like, can somebody just be honest, just say, this is a boatload of money. I can't pass it up. This is this will change my life. I mean, Rom said sort of, you know that that got to a point where you know, this is life changing money. But that's all I That's all I have to say. You don't have to validate this stupid format that Live has, but that's what they have to do. You know, I see what they're really changing golf. You know that, you know this innovation you get to wear shorts when you play golf. Oh, are you kidding me? I'm watching.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've always hated that golfers covered legs.
Speaker 2: I would tune in more if I was able to see their casts. All right, how about this shirtless golfers on the Live tour who doesn't want to see Nicholson? Who's with me? Oh?
Speaker 7: You have me until you mentioned, well, he's got the guns. He wears those tight shirts. It looks like he's jacked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, you're on your own on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, just saying just trying to you know, the innovations that they have there. There's no innovation here. They play loud music, get to wear shorts, and you play three rounds and everybody makes the cut.
Speaker 3: Innovation.
Speaker 2: Just be honest. It's money. I could not pass up, could not. I get it, Fine, no problem with it. You live with yourself.
Speaker 3: I don't care. Yeah, Marv, if the music's playing, you can go shirtless. Are Yeah, they're growing the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah no they're not.
Speaker 6: But sponsorship on your chest, on your back, yeah of course.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the live story became kind of tired, and even when Rom were went there. You know, he's been a good guest on the show, but it doesn't change my viewing, Like I'm going to go Rom's not there. I don't care, it'll be somebody else. Well, let's see anything else that Seaton that was on Todd's list.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, we we've made it this far through the list, which is shocking that Aaron Rodgers name hasn't been brought a.
Speaker 8: Big left out one.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's yeah, wow, that became tired. Yeah that did? That became real time?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I blame Pat McAfee. I blame him, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because he gave him the platform to be able to go in there and talk about his injury.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he gave him the platform and then asked about the damn vaccines every week to get some clicks.
Speaker 4: Dude, just shut up about it already.
Speaker 2: Has McAfee had Kirk Cousins on with Aaron Rodgers, Like shouldn't they be able to commiserate with their achilles surgery and quarterbacks? And how about we give Kirk Cousins a chance let him speak his mind? All right? Maybe not?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I will say with the Aaron Rodgers story, it was it was somewhat tiresome the weekly update, but you could also be rooting for it to happen, Like I couldn't picture someone playing four months after an Achilles' tear. But imagine if some doctor invented a new system to fix it way earlier. It's like when you were a kid or when you were young watching sports, an ACL tear was a kiss of death for an NFL running back, and now it's what it's five months or so. I was rooting for the story to actually happen, even though I felt it was a puffed up story by all sides.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought that it was going to be malpractice, you know that if you let him go back and play. But it felt like this was more of Aaron wanting to go back to play to prove a point here. But I you know, they're not they if he's one hundred percent, is he going to go back and they have no chance of making the playoffs. That's why I kept saying, no, you can't have him go back just because. And now they cut a guy so they could add him to the active roster. Aaron's not going to play, so they had to cut something. You're cutting a guy right before Christmas so Aaron can come back, and I guess say that he was, you know, on the active roster.
Speaker 7: One of the reasons I saw that the Jets gave us so he could attend practice and work with the other quarterbacks. That was their reasoning for it. He could be at practice.
Speaker 2: I don't know, so he's not allowed to be there if he's not on the active roster.
Speaker 6: That wasn't clear on the story. Oh, I don't know, but it made they made it sound like, well, we wanted.
Speaker 2: To be acted. Yes, Todd, I had acupuncture in ayahuasca.
Speaker 3: I could be ready week nine.
Speaker 2: I think we should all do ayahuasca. He was with me nobody. I'm kind of in you.
Speaker 6: We have to fly somewhere. Can they have it delivered?
Speaker 2: I don't know if they do delivery.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of in I don't know if.
Speaker 2: It's like uber, Yeah, who ordered the Ayahwaska? We did? Todd? You interested in ayahuasca?
Speaker 8: If that's gonna all of a sudden make you bounce back from what's supposed to take a year plus to get better.
Speaker 3: For him, I'll take a sip.
Speaker 2: Oscar. Healed his achilles. It's not it didn't heal in his injury.
Speaker 8: But he's all about the I know something everyone else doesn't. Then I'm going to come back fast that anyone.
Speaker 2: He went into a dark room for three days and any didn't.
Speaker 5: That didn't heal his achilles either, though that those are all separate things before all right, the surgery that he had on his achilles is what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Healed like a younger Heraldo Rivera would have done ayahuasca just to do the story on ayahuasca. Like we we don't have those journalists who are immersive. They go all the way in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like, somebody quick pop your achilles so we can see if this really works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've had too many surgeries. Somebody else has to do it. Yes, Marton, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I think we forgot maybe the most tired and overcovered story te Travis Kelsey Y Hey Friday, I wasn't tired of him.
Speaker 2: I can affect the outcome of the most valuable, most improved in it.
Speaker 3: I said. I didn't say it was the most tired, but you brought it up. Yeah, but was it not one of the bigger stories it was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it did become a little uh annoying.
Speaker 5: I actually like Taylor Swift more now whilst this because she just seems nice.
Speaker 2: Oh she goes.
Speaker 5: I'm curious to see how their relationship does once the football season is over.
Speaker 2: And like every weekend.
Speaker 5: They're not going to seventy five thousand screaming fans and it's just like, hey, so I gotta go work out, all right, see you later. I'm gonna go back to the village or whatever, you.
Speaker 2: Know, to try Becca.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no like awesome event to be like, isn't this gonna be fun?
Speaker 1: Kid?
Speaker 2: Come on, come see me at work.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I think that he likes being out in public with her, whereas maybe some of her other boyfriends didn't enjoy that, and that she's a big star and he's fine with her being a big star. I think that might be. You know, one of the things that attracted her to him is he was not afraid goes to a concert, wants to, you know, give her a bracelet and uh, you know, trying to shoot a shot, give a call there. You know. I wasn't afraid and to do it publicly. Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, I actually find myself more now like, oh man, I hope it works out for them, and I.
Speaker 2: Do too believe it.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, you know what, Look, they're young, they're in love, they're having a great time.
Speaker 4: I hope that this works out.
Speaker 2: Stop trying to ruin it everybody.
Speaker 3: It's sweet.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I think it's awesome. Yeah, but I love love. You know what turns out I do too? Yeah, yes, Mark, And if the.
Speaker 3: Chiefs don't go, if the Chiefs don't go to the Super Bowl, Travis Kelsey, he'll be at the Grammy Awards with Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Okay, February fourth, Oh, he'll be there, all right? Yes, Todd, what you seem Irn, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I didn't have a problem with the whole dating story.
Speaker 8: Was just that every week, is she going to be at the game, and how's that gonna affect this performance? And is she a jinx or is she a good luck charm that was getting older?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 2: Okay? Do I blame her for that? Or do I blame the media because we sometimes get tired of a story because of the media covering something not that person.
Speaker 8: That's more on the media because they're consually looking up in the booth. Then is she there and you know they're trying to find if.
Speaker 2: It was all on the media, I mean she's not. I don't think she's saying, hey, you gotta be there and cover me. You know, I'm gonna walk in so you can get pictures of me. I don't. It doesn't seem that way. You know, it's an interesting story now. I am interested to see how it plays out here.
Speaker 3: Got to blame her for the drop top though.
Speaker 2: No, I blame Kelsey for that.
Speaker 3: At the end of Greece when they were leaving the locker room and he'd left off in the drop top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we come to yeah, but no, but that's Kelsey's car. He could have had one that's not a convertible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he could have done.
Speaker 2: Blame that on him. Yeah, No, I'm not blaming Taylor. Love Taylor. He's awesome. Uh. Okay. So coming up, we'll have the unveiling and we have the banners that will be unfurling. We furled them earlier today the year end awards. An update on the Rock Purty MVP bet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I remember the guy who had made a bet and you could win two hundred thousands.
Speaker 2: We have a big update, okay. Also, there's going to be a Christmas Is it a log that somebody gets hit in the face with? I mean not a log, but.
Speaker 4: It's a not in the sense that you thought us.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's a like a.
Speaker 6: Yeah cake, it's like a festive attack.
Speaker 2: But what is that thing called? Who's getting hit in the face with that thing? It's the that log that's out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's like a cake log.
Speaker 2: Cake log. Yeah. Now it's not a yule log.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's something a fire.
Speaker 2: No, that that's going to really hurt. You talk about burning your face TV. Yeah, and it's all about content and you'd have a few, you know, you'd have a week to heal before we come back. All right, let me take a break. If you're watching on Peacock, you get to see all of this unfold before your very eyes and ears, and we'll have it for you for those listening on radio as well. Back after this Dan Patrick Show, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: Hey, I'm Doug Gottlieb. The podcast is called All Ball. We usually talk all basketball all the time, but it's more about the stories about what made these people love their sport and all the interesting interactions along the way. We talked to coaches, we talked to players, We tell you stories. You download it, you listen to it. I think you like it. Listen to All Ball with Doug Gottlieb on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: Tabulating the votes, Mario is putting the finishing touches, and then we will have the unveiling of the banners. Dan Etts will stand underneath the banner that represents what they did on this show this year according to you, the audience, most valuable, least valuable, most improved, and least improved. Also, we vote on the most valuable backroom guy coming up. And this isn't a anonymous bet or a choice. Here you have to tell everybody out loud of who you're voting for. So you can't do this in a suggestion boxes Fritzy is suggested, all right, So we talked about this bet with brock perty that somebody bet a lot of money on him to win the MVP this year. I'm not sure, so I guess the payout would have been just over two hundred thousand dollars. And then I wondered if you could take the bet where you cut that in half, and PAULI was following up with Darren ravel would you find out.
Speaker 7: So the person who bet preseason put two thousand on brock Party to win. If he wins the MVP, this person wins two hundred and two thousand dollars. To protect his bet, he put it on a thing called prop swap where he could basically sell your bet, and so the person he sold it to bought his bet for one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. So the person who originally made his bet walks with one twenty five right, he's done, he's out. The person who bought the bet now can still win two hundred thousand dollars off his one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars investment on brock Partty, so he would net a seventy five thousand dollars win on the current MVP favorite. That seems like smart by both sides. Though, the guy you know, if Brock Party rolls his ankle this weekend in a bad loss, the guy who made the original bet still has one hundred and twenty five thousand.
Speaker 6: He's out.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like the guy who cashed in for one hundred and twenty five thousand.
Speaker 6: Yes, the new guy is the risk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't do that. If Lamar Jackson and the Ravens win that game Monday night, then this it's over for.
Speaker 6: It's kind of a fifty to fifty thing.
Speaker 2: Then wow, I don't know if these voters are going to give it to brock Purty. Now if just if you listen to the media covering this story, they would not give it to brock Purty. But these voters, and what are there fifty voters who vote for this? You know, pro football writers maybe they look at this differently. I think the casual fan host analysts, they may look at this in like brock Purty, whereas the football writer may look at this as just pure football of what rock Purty has done. But it feels like I mean, I think Deebo Samuel or Trent Williams are more valuable to the Niners than Rock Purty, and Christ McCaffrey probably is more valuable to him. But brock Purty is doing exactly what you want him to do. And it's a quarterback driven award. You have to be the first or second seeded team in either the NFC or the AFC the last ten years. That's where the MVPs have come from. He's going to fit in with all those categories there and usually you reward. You know it's a player from the best team, and you know that'll be up for debate with you know, brock perty is he the best player on his own team? Yes, but our quarterbacks even really football players whoa wait a minute, you're waiting until thirty minutes left in the last show of the year.
Speaker 5: Well well, okay, yes, but you were talking about the MVP and how it's a quarterback award, and then this way too, the voting is already done for the four major awards, and if it's a really stupid statement, then we have a week for people to forget about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, but give me your thesis here, because.
Speaker 5: If you think about what a quarterback does, right, So Tom Brady, if you said, like, he's the greatest football player of all time, you know, right, But you could also say, say, Lawrence Taylor is right. Lawrence Taylor and what Lawrence Taylor did and what Tom Brady did are completely different things. But you could say that Lawrence Taylor has more in common with a player like Derrick Henry or Rob Gronkowski and what they do than Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: Does with any of those positions.
Speaker 5: The quarterback is more closely related to a punter and a kicker than he is any of those other quarterbacks. Okay, it sounds crazy, but if you think about it, it's really not. I understand their importance to the game, but what they do really isn't It isn't even remotely close to what anybody else does.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady and Lawrence Taylor play the same sport, but they don't play it the same way.
Speaker 5: Not even close. Their job descriptions are drastically different.
Speaker 2: All right, okay, but what about somebody like Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen. How about this, how many quarterbacks could play another position? You go, that's the question? How many?
Speaker 5: Because Lawrence Taylor, if you have him on the goal line and you hand him the ball, he's probably getting in, just like Rob Gronkowski, just like Derreck Henry.
Speaker 2: Okay, how many quarterbacks in the NFL could play another position? Kyler Murray could play defensive back or a slot receiver.
Speaker 3: Now, okay.
Speaker 5: Lamar Jackson is is an interesting example because he could probably play multiple He could probably play running back, but he's he's super athletic. Tom Brady, you cannot say one of his attributes is athletic, right, and Peyton Manning right, Peyton Manning, Joe Flacco, he probably isn't gonna Okay, Justin Herbert, I don't know that he is.
Speaker 4: I don't know that Joe Burrow is either.
Speaker 2: Justin Herbert could be a tight end. Josh Allen could be a tight end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Josh Allen could for sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Joe Burrow could be. Yes, Hunt, I think seems onto something.
Speaker 8: There's ruffing the kicker and roughing the passer, those fragile positions, but you don't really have that and roughing the linebacker.
Speaker 3: Right, These guys we have to protect like they're made of glass.
Speaker 2: The voting is closed for most Valuable Danette.
Speaker 5: What do you do when you see a quarterback going in for a tackle?
Speaker 2: Get the hell out of there? What are you doing? Yeah, don't go do that. It's kind of its fetal position.
Speaker 5: It's a similar I mean, punters are like forced to prove their toughness, like you better tackle that guy, but they try, but it's it looks about the same as a quarterback doing it.
Speaker 2: It's a time for us to name the most valuable backroom guy. Okay, I'm still waiting for Mario. If we can get Mario to bring the voting out since it's been done. He's not going to win the Most Valuable Backroom Guy. Thank you, Mario.
Speaker 6: He's tanking that.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it should.
Speaker 5: Be the Mario Miranda Most Valuable Backroom Guy award.
Speaker 2: Oh, can we get the trophy out of the control room with the big german? Big german, by the way, he won last year Most Valuable BRG. Oh he did, Yeah, he did seventy four thousand votes in Uh, what are people doing? Seventy four thousand votes? Uh? Samario just put that on Pauli's desk. That goes to the most Valuable b RG.
Speaker 6: Allright, my desk isn't used to having trophies on it.
Speaker 2: True. Okay, Tom, I'm gonna start with you the backroom Guy Most Valuable.
Speaker 8: I am going to give it to Ray because of helping with guest prep, control.
Speaker 3: Room grilling and the mini hot dogs. Not all is he grilling them.
Speaker 8: He'll serve them to you and put it in a little kind of little plastic plate kind of thing. And he's just all around, smiling, happy guy who writes what kinds of stuff without.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got it, we got it, We got it. And he also comes up. He's the researcher behind the gambling podcast. Another Thing, by the way, available dan Patrick dot com. Off the Rails yesterday, Off the Rails, all right bad Larry showed up here at the man Cave, first time he'd ever been with Shay and Irving, and he said, I wanted to be here to stare you right in a face. I go, all right, I like this, Okay, Seaton most Valuable b RG.
Speaker 5: You know I'm gonna I'm also going picture day Ray whoa. I think that. I think Ray has really stepped up. He opened the convenience store, which was just.
Speaker 2: A revolution, really well financed by me.
Speaker 5: He's okay, he opened it. I mean, here's breaking news. This whole thing's finance.
Speaker 6: You're getting most value.
Speaker 2: My most valuable Yeah, financier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wears a lot of hats.
Speaker 2: Okay. So Ray is one vote away from winning from locking this up. Okay, Marvin, who is your most valuable BRG?
Speaker 3: I know we just got on him, but I'm gonna go with Maria. No no, I'm.
Speaker 2: Curious you're calling Maria.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no no. That was my son. And then I just said, that's funny. So I'm gonna stick with that. But he does the newsletter.
Speaker 2: No, no, Rob does the news letter helps out like.
Speaker 3: If I'm out here and PAULI asks for audio, Mariyo go gets the audio. And maybe I'm coming from a selfish standpoint because he helps me a lot. So I'm gonna go with Mary.
Speaker 2: All right, Paulie, your vote for most Valuable BRG is wow.
Speaker 7: You know I liked I have them who I was going to vote for, but now I want to increase the tension as a producer. So I was going to vote for Picture Day Ray because I do think it does fine work around here, and he's multi talented. I'm going to go with Mario because he goes under the radar I'm doing now, of course it is. It's complete BS and I just admitted it was. I'm going with Mario. So Dan, you can break the tie.
Speaker 2: All right, the most valuable, well you can vote.
Speaker 5: You could vote for Dylan and then we have co m v b rg's Yep, you could do that the first time in history.
Speaker 2: I'm voting for Dylan for Most.
Speaker 6: Miss Shared Award back Room Shared.
Speaker 2: So it's Ray and Mario who Wow, the the co winners of the most WI b RG. Well before you give it to them. Uh oh, but if we had.
Speaker 5: The back room guys anonymously vote who they think the BRG is.
Speaker 2: We don't have time to do that, are you sure? Yeah, we probably don't. So here comes picture day Ray, Yeah yeah, hand in hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, Now I gotta go over there because now we have to vote, So turn your microphones on and then I'm gonna come over there and make the big announcement of who is the most valuable, least valuable, most improved, least improved with seventy four thousand total votes here, so here we go.
Speaker 10: Now is this uh most improved?
Speaker 2: Is this banner? It goes a B, C D left right, So most valuable, least valuable.
Speaker 5: I don't know what this that they're supposed to be.
Speaker 4: They're supposed to have letters corresponding.
Speaker 10: Okay, do we know what the order of this is? Do we most valuable? Most improved?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right?
Speaker 4: We should have done the backroom guy voting after this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably so. Okay, well we'll just figure that. Marvin, I need you to stand here right there under that banner. Todd, I need you to stand under this banner. Uh, well, Fritzi, you're going to be under these two banners, and and Seaton, I need you under this banner right here, So if we can, can we unfurl the banners here you're Marvin, you go up and uh pull that down? I mean so he's climbing the ladder, climbing the ladder. Okay, there he goes, and here's what we have. And the unfurling is the most improved dan at is Marvin? All right? Back? Okay, can we help Todd with this because I don't want to going up a ladder?
Speaker 10: No, no, no, I can't. All right, Todd, go up.
Speaker 2: And get one of them, second and third, this is good tvass Todd. See okay, here we go all right, so this is just having go with.
Speaker 6: It's like watching someone who just heard about ladder.
Speaker 2: We need a spotter for Todd here going up the ladder. No, let him fall, okay, Todd, Fritz, congratula close to Todd. Congratulations, prove it. So let's get the other one here. Uh, let's let somebody else go up and get that one. All right, So Todd you need to stand under this one too. All right, here we go.
Speaker 10: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: This is the drawn a lot of attention. Could Todd be the most valuable Dan atte again? Back to back years? Here we go the least to congratulations. So well, then Toddler seat and I'll let you do the honors, okay, And we also have to get the yule log over here, the yule log because Marvin, okay, you'll be able to hold this.
Speaker 10: That goes to the person who is the most valuable.
Speaker 11: So if I if you don't get most valuable, he gets a pie of the face.
Speaker 10: If I do, I get a pie of Yes you do. Okay, here we go. Here is the drama. The most valuable Dan goes to seat.
Speaker 2: Now ride how about that? And your reward is you get a banner, but you get the mule log to the face.
Speaker 10: I did not expect that.
Speaker 11: Well, relations, well, I just have some people to thank you. I just want to start with Marcelo soccer with me. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Well, come on over here, and it's time to get your reward. There you get right here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, we don't get to.
Speaker 6: It's it's like you can win and still lose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of what this show is, right, Yes, you win and losing by the way, all the awards were blowouts. Least valuable, Fritzy dominated dominated, most valuable, Oh it was Fritzie finished second, and most valuable man three for four that the most improved Marvin dominated. Seaton was second there and then the least improved. Fritzie dominated that Paul was second.
Speaker 5: Who was the You know, it's interesting who was the who finished last and least valuable, because that would imply the most valuable.
Speaker 2: So who was the least valuable? Who was number four in least valuable, least valuable, se the least valuable. That's the most valuable. That's most improved, damns, least improved, least valuable. Here we go. Here is the voting for least the least valuable. Okay, so when Fritzy was least valuable, then Paul, Marvin and then Seating. Oh I won my four thousand votes is the week value? Congratulations? Okay, here we go. Congratulations Seating on a wonderful This.
Speaker 4: Is because Seaton Hall won the other day.
Speaker 10: By the way, I have to buy him congratulations.
Speaker 2: Marvin, you may deliver the yule log whatever that is to Seaton's face.
Speaker 3: Congratulations season.
Speaker 6: It's like a face massage.
Speaker 10: It's very firm.
Speaker 4: It was extremely firm.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that's like. Yeah, every buddy, you're voting, I got it. This not Right's gonna take a break. We'll beat If you're watching on Peacocks, we'll have what going off. The girls will wrap up the final show of the year after this, Hi, mom.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: By the way, the voting is in from chat row. Most Valuable Caller the m v C James and Virginia. Congratulations, all right, James America. Yes, he's one of the great ones. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to give an honorable mention to the return of Christ and Syracuse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Christ and Syracuse. Yeah. Shan Irving could be up there, but you know now he's part of the Gambling podcast. He is still one of our favorite callers as well. Buddha. Buddha has been great as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, morph is this our black MVC.
Speaker 2: Uh, James didn't blunt?
Speaker 6: No, how does he celebrate by tonight?
Speaker 3: Come on now, going to the club or.
Speaker 7: The club, depending club you may be going to the club, the country club.
Speaker 2: James and Virginia, congratulations the most valuable caller. And that was emotional, you know, it was. I'm tired the awards, the highs, the lows. Fritzy got hit in the head with the banner that released valuable Dan.
Speaker 4: People don't believe that's not planned.
Speaker 2: That's that's literally what Todd did. They didn't even think about knowing it.
Speaker 4: Can you do something really stupid?
Speaker 1: Here? The pink thing fell up in my hand. This was a poll.
Speaker 6: Fritzy climbing a ladder.
Speaker 7: It looks like when that child walks for the first time and they're not really sure of themselves a little bit, and I.
Speaker 2: Thought someone was gonna hold. I didn't want Fritzy to fall. And then Pauli goes, oh, that's poor producing. And then I go, well, you're right, all right, Todd, go up there.
Speaker 3: That's not fun.
Speaker 4: Well it's good TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good content. What is the lead story on Monday? Todd? What's the lead story on Monday?
Speaker 8: I'm going with AFC feast bills, then Dolphins dining on DAK in Dallas.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you see, no Connor actually changing things up.
Speaker 5: It's not going to be uh NFL related at all. It's going to be the Lakers slide, continuing, Trouble in Paradise.
Speaker 2: Trouble in Hollywood, Once upon a time in Hollywood, Marvin, what's the lead story? Monday?
Speaker 3: Dak takes his talents to South Beach.
Speaker 2: Ooh all right, okay, all right? Did you win an award Most Improved, Most Improved?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Two years in a row.
Speaker 6: Does that mean you weren't good last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But that's like being the comeback player of the Year two years in a row. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I told you I'm taking it if it was least valuable.
Speaker 2: Paulie H.
Speaker 6: Eagle skid continues skid an ugly loss to the Giants.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, I'm gonna I'm gonna do something with the Cowboys. With Cowboys winning in Miami, how about that time? I like it? All right?
Speaker 3: Thank you? Cowboys will lose twenty seven to twenty three. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Spencer in Minnesota, Hi, Spencer, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 12: Dan, longtime listener, second time caller. Yeah, five ton athletic, two hundred pounds. Two things for you, guys. I've never seen Fritzy before, but after this latter story makes me laugh even more so. I've always imagined him looking like Danny de Vito, which is maybe slightly cooler now than a month ago with the Tommy DeVito erro playing out. Yeah, and then some news that never gets tiring, and I got an update for you guys about the splash that Captinsburg State made the transfer portal. We needed to find someone that made us off in the trenches, some muddy up the game, and be a real pain in the ass. We found someone at the tail end of their career and landed graduate transfer doctor Colin Probe.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks, Spencer. All Right, we have something special in the new year that has to do with Crappensburg State. I'm not I don't want to spoil anything. We're working on it and I think you'll enjoy it. Todd, would you learn today.
Speaker 8: Only in baseball did you have wacky nicknames like three fingers Brown or one legged Skippy Seedan?
Speaker 4: What'd you learn co mvbrgs?
Speaker 2: Yeah, history was made? Yeah, Marvin, would you learn.
Speaker 3: Santa comes down the chimney? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Paul Fritzy was attacked by an unfurling banner.
Speaker 2: Bit tis the season for wood fired flavor trigger dot com for recipe ideas every trigger grow can smoke, barbecue, roachs, bake, and more. Try it. You'll love it. Can't be trigger's would find flavor. Thank you to this wonderful audience, this dedicated, loyal audience. We appreciate all your support. Have a great holiday. We'll talk to you soon