Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlywed?
Speaker 2: Wit Dean Aunglert, Kaylen Miller Keys, and Jared haven An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: What is going on?
Speaker 1: Everybody? Welcome to an all new episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds? My name is Dean Bell, joined here live in studio from our house in Las Vegas by Kaylin Bell. Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 4: Kaalen, thank you.
Speaker 2: You know I'm quite jet locked and been waking up at three am every morning, and when I couldn't sleep this morning and was wide awake, I was thinking, isn't it crazy that I'll never call myself KAILN Miller Keys ever again? And you'll never be An Unglert ever again.
Speaker 3: It's crazy?
Speaker 4: Wait, hows that hate you?
Speaker 1: It has hit me because on my Instagram I have Dean Michael Bell and we get a lot, not a lot, but we get brand deals through Instagram, and so I'll get brands sending me contracts for deals that say Dean Michael Bell on them, and I'm like, well no, wait, wait, wait, wait wait, it's got to say Dean Unglert on it. Because if I go to the bank with the check that says Dean Bell they're going to be like, what the heck is this? So in a way it's kind of nice to like test the waters a little bit and feel it out and like understand how it's going to feel. But I you know, I'm still Denungler and you're still keeling other keys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like you said, instagram wise, it's official.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but I guess I'm saying it's just a bit of a tedious experience to have to go back to the brand and be like, now we need to put Dean Angler down it instead of Dean Bell.
Speaker 3: So so right now it.
Speaker 2: Still gets checks though well, like a contract depositive.
Speaker 1: Contract, I don't know if it would work if my name was different than the name on the account on the contract. But all that to say, as of now, it's only been a nuisance the name.
Speaker 4: Change, and we haven't even done it yet.
Speaker 3: Well, once we do it, it'll be no longer a newsance, I know, but I.
Speaker 2: Think the doing it is going to be a nuisance as well, as we've heard from several people.
Speaker 1: Just like moving into a new house due can't wait thout doing it of it that stinks.
Speaker 2: I think it's really fun because it's an opportunity to purge. Now to moving, it's an opportunity to purge, and it's an opportunity to get organized. So you purge when you're packing, and then you organize when you unpack. It is my dream, Perge pack, Perge pack.
Speaker 3: How many square feet is our new house?
Speaker 4: Twenty eight hundred?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 4: No way, maybe twenty five.
Speaker 1: I don't know, that's kind of big, kind of parent has nineteen hundred.
Speaker 4: I thought it was twenty.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess no, you're right, it's got to be twenty five because we have the same amount of bedrooms, but then we also have that office, and then we also have that upstairs like room.
Speaker 2: So I was looking at it this morning while I couldn't sleep.
Speaker 1: So I guess all that to say is we're probably gonna have to end up buying more for sure? Nice, Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean we've wor adding a bedroom or an office, right.
Speaker 3: Because right now we just use one bedroom as an office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was thinking about this. I've been thinking a lot because I've been up since three A. Yeah, let's here when this airs. People don't typically listen on a Sunday night. Let's say airs Monday morning. That'll be our closing day of the house. Wow, so it will be official. I don't know if it's like by five pm or what.
Speaker 3: But happy closing day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pumped.
Speaker 6: Yay.
Speaker 4: I can't freaking wait.
Speaker 3: We have a house.
Speaker 4: Well, on Monday, I.
Speaker 1: Was looking at rental rates in our neighborhood now in Vegas, and there's a house down the street that's renting for not as much as I would be hoping to get for this house.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: Does it have a pool?
Speaker 5: Is basic?
Speaker 1: It's pretty basic?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But still if I was looking at rent a house in this neighborhood and I saw their house and then our house, which was a couple hundred bucks more, I'd probably, Oh, that house is cheaper.
Speaker 4: Who doesn't want to pull? You have to have a pool? And I guess, I guess, yeah.
Speaker 1: You're right. And there's a beautiful deck in the backyard garden.
Speaker 4: There's a lot we have done.
Speaker 1: And then I was wondering too, if we rent out our house and the deck collapses and someone breaks their leg, do I get sued?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe, I mean it's up to code and everything, but like you know.
Speaker 4: Then that's on them for breaking the plank.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then I charged them counter suit.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So should we talk about our honeymoon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, our honeymoon that we just got back from. Do you want to talk about it? Feel free? I need to take a sip of my coffee.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: It was amazing, And I know it doesn't sound like I'm very enthusiastic, but I'm just a little exhausted. It was amazing, It was great. It was the best trip of my entire life. It was the coolest trip of my entire life. Thank you nat Geo for inviting Dean and also inviting me. It was exactly what we wanted for our honeymoon, and if I were to plan it, I would not have planned it as well as what Nagio did. What was really cool about our trip, and something that we wouldn't have gotten if we had planned it ourselves, is that we had Chloe and Sophie on our trip. And Chloe is a showrunner for Queens, which is a nat Geo show that comes out in March. Sophie is a very talented cinematographer who's also on Queen's. So we are going on safaris every day and we have these two nat Geo professionals who have been in the business for years, doing this for years, just learning from them and having them narrate every situation, like a lion is about is hunting an antelope?
Speaker 4: What was that they hunt?
Speaker 1: Thanks? Yeah, so long while?
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyways, it's hunting, and Sophie is narrating exactly what's happening, and every time an animal pops up, she can predict its move, which was so cool. It was so wild also to get behind the scenes of nat Geo. I feel like everyone watches those shows or those documentaries and they're like, okay, but like, how long are they there? What is the how did they fly their drone behind this bug?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Like, and we got the answers to all those questions, which was so so cool. And I have such a greater appreciation for everyone that works for nat Geo and Cretzy shows because it takes a lot of work and Queens took was it four years? Four years to make? Four years? Also one of the episodes in Queens, I'm super obsessed with the show. I can't wait for everyone to watch it. Well, one is about lines and hyenas, that is incredible, but one's about elephants and they said they were there with the elephants for fourteen days waiting for an elephant to give birth, left and.
Speaker 4: That day it gave birth.
Speaker 2: So it was just like, you can't predict nature, you can't predict wildlife. And oh, they're just the coolest people, chloeing Sophie, I'm very obsessed with them.
Speaker 1: What was your favorite moment?
Speaker 4: Ooh, oh, it's.
Speaker 2: Just it sounds so basic now because everyone said it, but seeing the lion cubs was the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our first day on safari, we got really spoiled. We were there's probably about twelve of us, and so we're kind of rolling deep players like four cars that would kind of like go out on their own and then if anything interesting came along, they're drivers would radio the other drivers for them to come see what we were seeing. And so that very first safari we did in the Serengetti, it was amazing. And by the time sunset came around, you know, after I think we had just had a half day that day because we had gotten in earlier that day. By the time sunset came around, we pulled up on these three lions and they are two baby cubs, and it was one of the cutest things ever. These cubs must have only been a few months old. They're running around snarling at.
Speaker 4: It like picture Simba and knowledge.
Speaker 1: It was Simba and all.
Speaker 4: It was crazy.
Speaker 3: They were like playing with each other.
Speaker 1: They were like tackling each other, and then like the parents were just like over there, not really paying attention and not caring, and it was just very very cute. And then like the kids would go up and try to mess with their parents and they would like, just like a regular parent, what they would like just shrug them off and be like, get away from me.
Speaker 2: And the cubs would come up to our cars, and someone on our trip got a video of the cubs chewing on the tires like they were super super close to us, and Sophie again, great to have her there. She was like, that was a mom that's had a lot of babies because she was totally fine letting her babies go and be free, and like a newer parent wouldn't give their cub that much freedom. And so the next day we're looking for the same cubs and we see a little leg hanging down from a tree. So the cubs had climbed up into a tree and Sophie says, yep, the mom's hunting there, that the cubs go into the tree when the mom's hunting, and then lo and behold. We pull up like four hundred feet and the mom's hunting, and she narrated the whole thing and she's like, everyone, get down, nobody moved, nobody talk. She is in hunting mode. If you, you know, put any body parts out of the car, it might still startle her. She might come after you. And then we got to watch her hunt, but she didn't kill anything. And I kind of wanted to see an animal kill another animal because that's part of the experience.
Speaker 4: It's a circle of life.
Speaker 1: YadA YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA YadA.
Speaker 2: Actually people say that, but in hindsight, I'm kind of happy we didn't see it because it really would discover you.
Speaker 3: You would have enjoyed seeing it.
Speaker 2: No, it's the sounds that I wouldn't be able to deal with, like like an animal crying out and help.
Speaker 6: You would have.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a lot, but I think that you would have appreciated it more than you would have been upset about it.
Speaker 4: I guess we'll never know until we go back.
Speaker 1: That's kind of the one thing that I wish we would have seen, and like you kind of nailed on the head. You know, we saw those things except for the.
Speaker 3: Kill and it.
Speaker 1: You know, these animals are hunting in the morning and in the afternoons, and we didn't really get to see any real interaction in that manner when we were there, which is a big bummer. But we were only there for three days on Safari, and we still saw so much. We saw a jaguar in a tree, a leopard in a tree, and Chloe, the showrunner, had never seen a leopard before, and so we pull up. It's just hanging in the tree. It's pretty hot, so it's panting really hard, not moving at all, and Chloe like gets up and sees it. You know, you're fifty feet away, and she just starts breaking down into tears because she's spent so much time out there filming and working and she's never seen a leopard before. So we were so lucky in so many ways to see the cubs the first night, to see the leopard the second day. On the third day of Safari, our third and last day, we saw r We saw a rhino not very close, which is unfortunate. But we saw like a a little serval.
Speaker 4: I looked it up yesterday.
Speaker 1: Nice. I was never gonna get that so good stuff, but I'm looking that up. We saw a little servil and the driver of the Safari car was like, we never see these. This is like once every few months occasion. So we did get to see a lot of really cool animals.
Speaker 2: And he pulled out his book and it says, if you see a server, consider yourself extremely, extremely lucky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it was great all around.
Speaker 1: I kept equating it back to when I was in Patagonia and doing the puma tracking, and when I was there, the only time you'd really see pumas is when they were feeding. And so you know, you see a giant cat standing over at Guanaco eating, it's ripping its guts out. It's cool because there's a lot going on, and it's a lot like it's very really dynamic, as like if someone that's taking pictures or videos. And so that's just what kind of my one bummer about Africas. We didn't really get to see any of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what was cool. So it was a big group. I think there were nineteen of us is what they said. At one point the last day, we had the option to go back, go to the hotel rest. You know, everyone's pretty jet lagged, go into the town. They give us a few different options. We had been on safari since six am, and we ended up staying with another couple. It was lovely and a person who wrote for I was going to say a person from the press Dalton who yes, a journalist, thank you, Gosh's servial.
Speaker 1: But you couldn't get journalists, I guess not.
Speaker 2: So it was the five of us who all really cared about taking photos, who all really cared about Safari, like enough to be there for twelve hours. And so we sat and waited for it because the other thing we didn't get to see. We saw lions. But in the Gore and Goro crater there are black main lions.
Speaker 1: You got in Gordon Goro, but you didn't get journalists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I can to say I'm dumb.
Speaker 3: It's impressive.
Speaker 1: It's like your brain is so sharp it can only remember the really challenging things, and it's like I don't even need to remember the easy words journalists.
Speaker 2: Uh So in the crater there are black main lions and that's something we also really wanted to see. And so another Safari truck let our guide know that a black main lion just went into the bushes he was hunting. So we all waited, and it was nice to have people who are patient and willing to wait. We waited for like thirty minutes, just sitting there. Nothing's happening, like absolutely nothing's happening. But we got like this smallest little sliver into what being a now geo cinematographer is.
Speaker 3: Like, because out of downtime, oh.
Speaker 4: My gosh, they just sit there for hours and hours.
Speaker 1: I was really impressed by your ability to be patient. I thought that that was going to be an issue that we were going to be faced with where I wanted to be. I wanted to like sit there for a long time and wait for something to develop. And then I thought that you were going to get bored and over it.
Speaker 2: Really no, I wanted to, but I also, you know, we're with three strangers, essentially, I didn't want to pressure them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we're out there for that, right, So.
Speaker 2: It was cool that we all had it similar interests.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Also, we saw so this bug landed on me and I was like you know, I hate bugs, but one of the shows in now Geo is a real bugs life, and it did give me a new appreciation for bugs.
Speaker 1: I will say the pretty one.
Speaker 4: Yes, this bug landed on me.
Speaker 1: Earlier in the same day, another bug landed on you. Maybe not quite as an aesthetically please bug, but it landed on you, and you were like, flicked it off and punched me in the stomach because you're because.
Speaker 3: You're flicking it off so hard.
Speaker 1: So let's not go ahead and say that you had some big, profound moment where you now you're okay.
Speaker 4: If it's got stingers, I don't like it.
Speaker 3: You need to stingers. How do you know the cute bug didn't have stingers.
Speaker 4: I looked closely at it before.
Speaker 3: I before you freaked out.
Speaker 1: It's just like you look closely at the one that you flicked me and punched me in theyways.
Speaker 2: Progress was made, Yes, progress was made, and there was This bug is the most beautiful bug I've ever seen in my entire life. I will post it closer to a real Bug's Life premiere, but I guess I could just tell you what it is.
Speaker 4: It's called a poocasso bug. If you want to look it up. It is gorgeous. It's correct.
Speaker 3: Did you do for this podcast?
Speaker 1: Because you're getting all these words nailed right on the head.
Speaker 2: Oh, I swear I remember everything except common knowledge. I retained a lot of information. You asked me about hyenas. Hyenas are the strongest and biggest. I mean sorry, female hyenas are stronger and bigger than the males. They have something called.
Speaker 3: A say it, say it, we'll bleep it out.
Speaker 1: Say it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I know the old term is pseudo penis.
Speaker 3: We want the new term, new age term, something megic.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, the hyenas is jaredy Hey, Jed, welcome.
Speaker 3: To the Mega conversation.
Speaker 5: Just wanted to make sure I inserted myself with mega.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, hyenas are so fascinating. What so scientists used to believe? I'm sorry that I'm going to pour people. It was a pseudo penis. They have this it looks like a penis and it's not. It's called a mega.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if we have to bleep out that word. But' it's it's a like a biological.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe something google of female hyena.
Speaker 1: But then they have to but also maybe don't unless you're willing to see what that looks.
Speaker 4: Like, or just watch Queens twenty four.
Speaker 3: It's nature, so it can't be offensive, I.
Speaker 2: Guess, so yeah, but I mean, I was even telling Dean this yesterday. I was editing photos of an elephant, and the female elephants love them, but the male elephants, the photos of them are something else because they've got.
Speaker 1: Some dregs, one on the front, one of the back, things going on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, I'm so sorry, I'm late.
Speaker 5: So we got slammed at Audrey's, which of course is a great thing.
Speaker 1: Who the heck is going into a coffee shop at noon to order food?
Speaker 5: Honestly. So I went to the gym this morning. I've been going to the gym in the morning when I wake up. I began up early, like seven am, and I just get out of bed and I go to the gym. And I've been doing it for like a week and a half. If I'm able to, if I'm not working the night before. I know they say that you should go to the gym early in the morning. I've never really believed in it, and now I'm addicted because I swear to God, I've had lower back pain for months, been killing me, hindering me, and it's like gone, and I'm not doing anything differently. The only thing I'm doing differently is as soon as I get up, I go directly the gym and I work out for like forty five and it's and then I swear to God, it's just like, oh my, I don't know, it's really highly recommend it anyway. Point is, So then I went into Audrews afterwards to get coffee make sure they're doing okay because I'm going in later at tonight because we have a party. And then there was like a party of fifteen women coming in at ten, so I was like, let make sure they're all set up ready to go, and then they were pretty busy when I walked in at like eight forty five, and then so I was like, all right, I'll stay to make sure you know you get through it. And then dude, it just did not stop. Of course, a great thing, but I haven't seen it this busy in a while, and all of us were like, what did we get promoted on TV? And I have no idea this happened because it was Banana Land. It was great.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's your first look exposure that you're getting.
Speaker 5: Maybe, I mean, that's definitely plausible because there's I mean, or maybe just everybody's shopping today. I don't really know.
Speaker 3: It's a great story, man. We were just recapping our honeymoon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so, how so all right? I followed long on social media obviously, Kitlin, you did a great job posting dian As always did nothing. But so you went to Tanzania.
Speaker 4: Tanzania, Yes, it is okay?
Speaker 5: Was that the only stop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we went to So we started in Kilimanjaros where we flew into, drove to Arusha, It's like an hour and a half, and then took a small plane to the Serengetti and then took another small plane.
Speaker 5: To all small of these planes are we're talking about ten people?
Speaker 4: Ten people? Yeah, hello, so scary? Did it three times?
Speaker 2: The third time was super cloudy and flying to those clouds is absolutely terrifying.
Speaker 1: I thought the second time was the scariest. So they're short flights. They're about an hour flight and it's a slow plane. It probably only goes like one hundred and fifty miles an hour. But the second flight from the Serengetti to Gorongo Crater, it was really cloudy, and these planes, you know, I mean, I'm no plane guy, but they seemed a little older, so they're probably on mostly analog flight systems. And we're flying through these clouds, look out the window, no visibility whatsoever. And I was like kind of running through my head. You know, it's probably like almost infintesibly small for you to run thank you for you to crash into another airplane, Like even if you didn't have navigation systems, the chances of like hitting another airplane in the air are probably so so small, but you always think there's gonna be that one time.
Speaker 4: I'm glad I wasn't alone in that too.
Speaker 1: But my fallo up theory to that, not theory, but my outlook is what am I going to do?
Speaker 3: Sitting in the plane.
Speaker 1: I can either be scared or not scared, because there's nothing I can change that might as well just not be scared. But so we're flying through the clouds, descending towards our landing strip, can't see anything, and I'm like these pilots they got it, they're professionals. And then the landing, it was like it felt like we were landing on a Colombian airport. In the middle of the Amazon with fifty kiloads of drugs, just because it was like this long dirt runway and there was like travel It was a short right, but it was like just a very prominent dirt runway. I guess what I'm trying to say, nothing around it, just a dirt runway surrounded by like the like it wasn't Amazon obviously, but like rainforest type setting with this like really lush and it just felt like we were about to jump out and there was going to be like the federal drug agents were going to be there waiting for us to be arrested or something like that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that was really cool.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, and then we took another flight back down to the airport and.
Speaker 4: That was one of five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that just sounds like the complete opposite of what I would want to do on my honeymoon. But that's so amazing for you both, I mean so sweet that you guys had that experience together.
Speaker 2: It was a dream honeymoon for us because I mean, playing so side, I do have very bad flight anxiety, but we have done trips like to the Maldives, and it just gets you know, more so Dean than me Dean gets bored quicker than I do.
Speaker 4: But just to you know, this isn't for everyone.
Speaker 2: But waking up at six am each morning, going on safari, seeing animals, taking photos, eating amazing food, like it really was, I feel like the perfect honeymoon for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, GEO did a great job of the accommodations.
Speaker 1: While we were there. The first day or the first we said at three different hotels. The first hotel was like this really nice coffee lodge in Arishow, which is which is okay. But then we went and said the four seasons in the Serengetti, which was amazing.
Speaker 2: And in dry season, so they have a man made watering hole.
Speaker 4: Thank you, a man made watering hole.
Speaker 2: And in the dry season there's no water, so all of the elephants flocked to the pool. So you're like waiting by the pool and all these elephants are coming.
Speaker 5: But it was it was that's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: What season?
Speaker 2: So they have plenty of water plenty which is good because we learned there with climate change, a lot of elephants are dying, a lot of animals are dying because there's very little water.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm happy that it's not.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we stayed the four seasons. That was nice, obviously it's the four seasons, and then we stayed. After that, we went to an even more incredible hotel, Gorongo Crater Lodge at the Gorongo Crater and yeah, there's an at the beginning, but I don't believe you pronounce it.
Speaker 4: Okay, go On Goro.
Speaker 1: I think it's funny because if you take the end at the front of the world and put it at the back of the word, it would just be gore On.
Speaker 3: Gore On, and gore On is a thing.
Speaker 1: It's like a species, like a race from my favorite video game, Legend of Zelda. So it's just it's kind of a funny. Every time I saw it, I was like goro on. Anyways, so we go to the Goro and Goro Creator and.
Speaker 3: We stay at this lodge and so what the crater is.
Speaker 1: It's a creator that was created three and a half million, four million years ago.
Speaker 4: Seventh Wonder of the World.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just that's just the thing people say about everything that's amazing that qualify as wonder.
Speaker 5: One of the seven Wonders of the world.
Speaker 3: They called it the eighth Wonder of the World.
Speaker 1: As you do about amazing things that don't quite It was amazing and it should have been. I just don't think it was classified as an official wonder of the world. I don't even know if there are official classifications of wonders of the world.
Speaker 3: I don't think there is. I think it's a subjective list.
Speaker 5: They changed them, right, because aren't there like the Seven Ancients or the seventh Wonders of the Ancient World, and now there's the Seven Wonders of the New World or something like that.
Speaker 1: I think it's also still subjective, like people are like, well, this is what we think the seven Wonders are.
Speaker 3: Anyways, that's beside the point.
Speaker 1: So the crater was created four million years ago, and it's this it's a crater obviously, and it's two thousand feet down from the top of the crater ridge into the crater. Is this like this twenty what would it be like forty square acre forty square kilometers.
Speaker 4: So it was like twenty eight kilometers twenty kilometers.
Speaker 5: Bro, there's a lot of numbers being thrown at me right now.
Speaker 3: Well, it's ten kilometers.
Speaker 5: It's a deep hole.
Speaker 1: It's just basically like this really great biodome micro climate for wildlife to thrive, and so you stay the hotel that we stayed, it was right on the very top of the ridge, and so you can look over the ridge into this crater.
Speaker 3: And the hotel itself was.
Speaker 1: Like really bohemian boutique style where it felt like you were walking into like a lion witch in the wardrobe setting or like a what did you call it.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of a series of unfortunate event, series of unfortunate events.
Speaker 3: I kind of thought it was like Jumanji vibes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a little Jumanji as well.
Speaker 1: It was amazing, that's nice, and the staff there was incredible, and so just the accommodations, that's the whole point of my story is the accommodations alone were worth the trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in that place, what it was just like, it was so romantic, it was so beautiful. If we were to travel back to a place like, that's where I want to go back to. It was very hard to get to, very long flight, but one hundred percent worth it. And I think everyone should go to Tanzany if they have the opportunity to, because it is truly magical, just like being surrounded by incredible people, incredible animals and everyone really who you know, are guides, Like they really do care for the animals and they want the best for the animals, but they also want you to have a good experience, but at no cost to the animals, you know, like respect to the animals comes first, which I think is great.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what's so great about this trip and that trip that I was talking about earlier in Patagonia. It was more of like you're there to watch them live their lives rather than and like you're not going to watch them in an enclosure or anything like that. You're like, they're living their lives and we're just lucky enough to be there to watch for a little bit, you know.
Speaker 2: And they're so close, like a lioness was, oh my gosh, she walked maybe like a foot from us, maybe closer. I was taking a photo and they're like get in, like you know, my lens is out, and they're like get in right now. And I was like about to pee myself. Yeah, we were fine, we were safe.
Speaker 1: I was a little frustrated because I was getting an amazing shout with my Instant three sixty and everyone is yelling at me to pull my Instan three sixty into the.
Speaker 3: Car fullly so and no it would the shot was still good.
Speaker 4: If she looked up and she saw that, we don't know what would happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you nat Geo for helping me get the shot of a lifetime while at Lion's was on Anti sixty out of my hands. Oh sorry, it's not a nikon zf. Yeah. The worst part about it was just getting there so challenging.
Speaker 2: Getting there wasn't so bad, it was the flight home was just brutal, because I mean the jet, the jet lag. We finally were getting over the last day, but we had five flights to get home.
Speaker 1: Well yes, but also get I don't think one was worse than the other. But getting there we missed our connecting flight and as right, I forgot, which is brutal.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in order to even get to kill the Manjara airport, well, let's even just say, in order to get to the Serengetti, you have to fly. We flew from Vegas to La La to Amsterdam. Missed our connection in Amsterdam, so we had to fly to Doha, Doha to kill him Anjarro, kill him Anjarro to the Sengetti. It was just it's a lot of work. And then the way back was very much the same way. You know, Serenghetti to kill him Anjara, kill him Anjara to Ethiopia, Ethiopia to Dohat Doha to La La to Vegas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was a lot.
Speaker 2: But the Amsterdam flight was frustrating because we had an hour layover to get to our connection. We had a forty minute delay and we get off the plane. We sprint as fast as we can and it's like you're sitting on a bus and you're sitting on a bus just stopped, like you dplane sitting on a bus. It's not moving, and you're like, if we could just move.
Speaker 1: When you're to make it, when you're in a rush and you have to use some sort of like mass transit to get somewhere, and they don't share your urgency, like they're just driving. They don't know that you're in an amazing rush.
Speaker 2: If we sat at a standstill for fifteen minutes, right, But I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying it's so frustrating when you know that you need to be somewhere and they don't. It's something they don't care. I'm sure they sort of care, but they They're just going about their day, doing what they need to do.
Speaker 5: That's why I hate relying on public transportation, because it's like I just want to draw anywhere we go. I always want to drive myself. I want to take my own car because like I want to come and go as I please. I'm just too old for that. Like we got places to go, things to see.
Speaker 1: Same with like elevators. If I'm in a rush, i am not taking the elevator, even if the run up those things. Even if I get to the top of the stairs the same time as the elevator, I feel like I'm doing more by running up the stairs.
Speaker 4: That's fair.
Speaker 2: But back to Amsterdam, we're sprinting. We arrive at the gate plane still there. There are two people there trying to get on the plane as well. The doors are closed, but people they let two people on. This was the most frustrating thing ever. They let two people on. The door was closed and we're like, we're here, like what is the deal And they were like, sorry, we already rebooked you, so we can't. And I'm like, but our seats are empty. We have the tickets on our phone, Like this is absolutely crazy, and they're like, sorry, you have to wait eight hours for your next flight.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, it was very frustrating, but it was like they just were doing what.
Speaker 3: They i know, taught to do.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 2: It's not their fault by any means, but it's just so frustrating when you're literally there, you can see the plane they're letting people on, yeah, and they won't let you on.
Speaker 1: And all have to say, we did, we made it to a destination. On the way there, we were twelve hours late. We didn't miss anything, but it would have been nice to have that extra night to adjust more to the time. Like you know, we got there, so Tanzania or and Kilimanjaro I think is thirteen hours ahead or eleven hours ahead of West Coast time, so it's literally just a complete flip on the other side. If it's four pm there, it's four am here. And so just the adjustment, it took us three to four days to even start to kind of get a normal sleep schedule. So the next day there would have been nice. And then I'm ranting. I guess that's why we have a podcast, so we can rant. And then it's like by the time you start feeling normal with your body and the time and everything, it's time to leave and go home, and now we're still paying for the price on this end of it where we're trying to just back to this time because we're still on Tanzania time, right.
Speaker 5: That's why anytime we travel overseas, it's like we have to be there for at least a week.
Speaker 1: A week, yeah, and the further you like, well they say this is the rule of them that I've been taught for every time zone change, like for every one hour difference, you need to spend a day there. So like if you.
Speaker 5: Think you guys should have been there for fifteen days exactly.
Speaker 1: So if we travel to London, I think that's like seven hours or something, we have to spend a week there before we're fully adjusted.
Speaker 2: And we're going to Australia next month for three days, so that's going to be a little brutal.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, maybe world travels you Yeah, there're I mean, we're yeah, we've kind of made a commitment to not travel personally, like to not travel for fun as much.
Speaker 3: But these are all kind of like work quote.
Speaker 1: Unquote work things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's still.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's a good thing.
Speaker 1: You guys aren't moving like, yeah, well, that's why we made the commitment to not like take leisure travel right, which we still will.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna do like one trip a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do need to slow down. But if it's you know, this was we can call it work. Australia, we can call it work.
Speaker 3: This was not to you always definitely work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so work trips only it was the trip of a lifetime.
Speaker 5: Did you feel safe on the safaris because this is like listen, of course, safaris are so much better than zoos, it's not even comparable. But I saw some of your videos Kalin, and like you said, you're just describing the lin one s walking right next to you. So are you guys in these shuttles or these buses that have cages?
Speaker 1: No there, Well, so they're land cruisers. They're modified land cruisers. So they're not like buses or shuttles like you probably are thinking they're there. They're modified land cruises, cruisers with like a pop top and sliding windows, and so you can stick your hand out the side and take pictures. You can stick your head out the roof and take pictures. But the car only seats eight people.
Speaker 2: But the rule that we have learned is animals think that the car is just one thing, Like they don't know that there's a bunch of humans in there that they can kill. So unless you're like hanging out of the side of the car, they're not going to come at you.
Speaker 1: Kind of a lot of similar psychology to road rage. People get road rage because they're getting mad at the car, not the person inside the car. If they were getting if they knew or if they could better associate the person into the car, there'd be a lot less road rage because they just see a car cut them off and they're like, screw that car. Yeah, it's kind of like animals.
Speaker 4: I can I can see where you're coming from.
Speaker 1: I think I heard that once, so I don't know if I'm making it up.
Speaker 5: So what was the coolest animal that you guys saw? What was your favorite? What was your favorite moment?
Speaker 2: We touched on this a little bit were the lion cubs. But I also really fell in love with hyenas. Again, going back to the nat Geo show, they have an episode on lions and hyenas. So the show is called Queen's and it's all about female animals and just the way that they are amazing creatures.
Speaker 4: And the lionesses are absolutely incredible.
Speaker 2: That female hyenas are just so cool and they are they rule the pack like the men cower behind them. They're like kind of afraid to have sex with them because the females can overpower them and.
Speaker 4: Kill them, and.
Speaker 2: They're just like, Yeah, lions and hyenas were just so cool to watch. And then obviously elephants are amazing, and what was.
Speaker 5: It about hyenas that made them so cool? Because I gotta be honest, when I go on a safari, I'm not thinking about hyaenas well.
Speaker 2: I don't want to give away the show, but when you watch the episode, you just have like such a greater appreciation for hyenas and how strong they are and the way that they're like they can take over their hierarchy is just it's wild.
Speaker 3: They get a bad rap.
Speaker 1: They are villainized in every piece of literature that we have absorbed. Moved these lion king, the.
Speaker 5: Lion king, I mean, really, let's just get to the root cause of it. The lion King villainized hya for sure, and they are.
Speaker 1: Kind of, I guess like the villains of this but they're so cool and they're so sweet that we saw a bunch of.
Speaker 2: Little Hyaena that male lions are worse.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. They're just as bad as hyena.
Speaker 5: Like that, Okay, more like scot slander against Ufossa.
Speaker 2: I can tell you off airs some sick things that male lions do.
Speaker 1: They are not let's just say it on air.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know why.
Speaker 5: It's a lion. It's not a human.
Speaker 3: You can't spoil the ending.
Speaker 4: Right, I just I don't want to. I don't know. If there's something in the show, I'll just share it. Then what are you saying?
Speaker 1: Just like give a like a quick so so, Jared, you missed this part. But we were hanging out with two like pretty highly esteemed that Geo film people that were answering a lot of questions about their experiences filming and everything. So one of them was like a showrunner and one of them was like a head of uh of videography cinematography.
Speaker 4: He's just a very very well known cinematographer.
Speaker 1: So talented, so highly esteemed. She was saying that there was one night they filmed stuff that they couldn't even put in in the show, the Geo Show, because it was that graphic.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I asked him what the grossest thing they've seen in They're like this what you're about to watch? But we didn't actually air what the gross thing?
Speaker 5: But they have spoiling the show?
Speaker 3: No, well, no, I won't spoil anything.
Speaker 1: So they have to watch all the footage obviously to see what they should and shouldn't use. And there's this one scene they were filming at night in the gore on Goro Crater.
Speaker 5: And set the scene for me, Dean, I'm going to close my eyes and try to They were they were.
Speaker 1: The first ever film crew to get in there to film at night in the history of what we were, no at least.
Speaker 3: And there was this this male lion.
Speaker 1: There's these three sisters that kind of like run the show out there, and there's this male lion that came in and wanted to like establish dominance in.
Speaker 5: The three The three sisters are lions. These are not humans.
Speaker 3: Three lion sisters. That's right, got it.
Speaker 5: Three line sisters, one male lion.
Speaker 2: But typically the male lions won't stick around, so they like impregnate and then they leave. But a good male will stick by their side and raise the babies.
Speaker 3: Which is so typical to hims as well.
Speaker 2: That this this lioness, the dad left, so she has these babies and this mail comes in and he wants then so in order to come into the pack with these lionesses, he has to kill the babies.
Speaker 1: I thought I was telling the story because you're too straight too, thank you.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so that one of the three sisters has five cubs, a litter of cubs, and this male comes in from out of the crater, so he's an outsider, comes in, wants to start his reign I guess within the crater. And so what the male line has to do or like he's threatened by the babies because if any of those babies are boys, which I'm sure a few of them more, then they would grow up to be the king of the crater.
Speaker 4: I didn't think that's so, I don't know.
Speaker 1: The king of Pride Rock the King of Pride Rock essentially, which is really and so the male line comes in and he essentially really threatens the lives of the of the cubs. And what they recorded one night was the male lion, adult lion ripping the head up of a baby lion.
Speaker 2: First, he played with him for five days. He took the cub, played with him for five days, pretended to be his dad. Male lions suck. I've learned they're evil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they but they don't get the evil rip because.
Speaker 5: There's gonna be some good male lions you know that stick around, raise the kids killed the beforehand, get.
Speaker 3: Trampled by wildebeasts.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyways, that was our honeymoon.
Speaker 4: Super romantic, super.
Speaker 5: Romantic, very cool, very cool.
Speaker 1: It was definitely the trip of a lifetime. Could have asked for a better honeymoon. We got a little home sick, We missed alistair dearly, but we it was nice to go to La and spend time with you guys, and then we went straight there, So it was it was a fun filled week and a half for us.
Speaker 4: Definitely.
Speaker 5: Are you Are you sad that, like it's your honeymoon's over, wedding's over, honeymoon's over all this time spent thinking about it. It's only just in your relationship, but your lives, like, oh, wedding, honeymoon, wedding, honeymoon.
Speaker 2: Really I feel like invigorated after that trip because we were with such talented people. It makes me want to be a better photographer and videographer and just keep learning from these people, like hopefully we get invited on another trip because learning from them was the most incredible thing.
Speaker 1: It's great to hear you say that, because those are the trips that I've always liked so much. Yeah, and I don't think you've had as many opportunities to go on those types of trips.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was best trip of my life.
Speaker 1: Not that I've done many many of those trips, but you know, like the type of thing where you're going on an adventure versus going on a relaxing vacation.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, just like I keep saying about getting to talk to Chloe and Sophie was so cool and getting to be with them on the Safaris and just like hear their knowledge and wisdom, and they're so they're doing the show Queens and it's all about women empowerment and they are just like so willing to lift up women and share their knowledge and just help in any way they can.
Speaker 1: They're queens.
Speaker 4: They're so cool.
Speaker 5: They're so so if you guys your next like big vacation, would you rather do the resorts no Ah? Or would you rather go back to the safar Safari.
Speaker 1: Well, not necessarily back to the Safari, but in the same vein as that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really do like the adventure trips, just like staying at a hotel isn't really.
Speaker 1: Every adventure trip we've done together Nepali. You come back from those trips and you are like, I can't get you to shut up right now because of how excited you are about the.
Speaker 2: Trip, that which is awesome, Yeah, versus going and staying at a resort and feeling like crap and feeling bloated from alcohol and food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did feel a little bloated from alcohol. Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 3: It's tough going to an all inclusive trip.
Speaker 1: I didn't drink for the first like three days, and then I was like, well, it's free, so I guess I might as well have a beer, And then one beer turns into four beers, and then I'm like, Okay, well I guess I'll have a glass of wine at dinner.
Speaker 5: And then he's thrown up. Well that's awesome. I'm glad you guys had fun. Yeah, I mean, I would love to do Safari. What hinders me from doing it is I'm more adventurous than Ashley, so I would like to do things like that. But I'm also very open to getting bloated at a resort because that is just it is nice.
Speaker 3: And it's a shame. That's a great experience in and of itself.
Speaker 5: Shame away.
Speaker 1: There's there's a place, there's a place in time for those like there. I think a good mixture of the two is a really healthy way to go about traveling. You know.
Speaker 5: I think shame is something that we should all feel sometimes. I think it's an emotion that like is kind of necessary. Yeah, you know, I always am like is it worth? Is it worth? Like the seventeen hour travel day, four different planes going on these small planes, which for an hour, I'm going to have a heart attack because I'm going to be just up in the air trying not to think of that I'm going to die.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So that's where my.
Speaker 1: Similar out to that g because they fell this business and if it wasn't business, it would have been a brutal experience.
Speaker 2: The layd down beds, we slept like babies, we had. Our flight from Doha to Lax was sixteen and a half hours.
Speaker 1: It's so long. You go into that flight thinking like, oh, I'll just watch a couple of movies, maybe play on my phone for a little bit. But by the time you're done doing all that stuff, you look at the time and you solve ten hours to go and you're like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: And there's no Wi Fi on the flight.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: But I slept.
Speaker 2: I slept for about eight hours, woke up, ate some food, fell back asleep for a few hours.
Speaker 4: It wasn't bad. No, the beds our. Life changing.
Speaker 3: I watched the movie Smile. Have you ever seen that movie, Jared?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw it in theaters.
Speaker 1: I watched it on the plane. It might be the best horror movie I've ever seen in my life. Hell, you're going to react that way.
Speaker 5: It's so because people really liked this movie, and I liked it. I liked it. I'm not but people love this movie. Smy. They're making a sequel right now because it did so well at boxing.
Speaker 3: I'm not surprised.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 1: I hate horror movies. There was only there. It was a perfect number of jump scares. There was like, it wasn't they weren't using jump scares to scare you. Yeah they did scare you, but there's only a few of them. But this the whole movie as a whole was like creepy and eerie, and I was like, literally, I had no idea what was gonna happen next. It was the best horror move I've ever seen in my entire life.
Speaker 5: The ending, I won't spoil it, but the ending, there is some there's like certain visuals and I'm sure teens will know what I'm talking. Yeah, that are very jarring, super creepy. It starts so creepy.
Speaker 1: It starts out being really scary, and then by the visual last like five minutes. By the end of the visual I was kind of like laughing a little bit at the way that it looked.
Speaker 3: But it was so good.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen Smile and you don't like horror movies, I don't like horror movies. I thought it was really good. It is a little tricky to watch a horror movie on a flight because because then you hit like a little bit of turbulence and you're already like on the edge of your seat, and so you got like even more freaked out.
Speaker 2: Wait, this reminded me. I wanted to talk about this before we end this episode. Do you guys know about the Bachelor in Paradise endings?
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone broke upone broke up.
Speaker 2: What do you guys think this is the first time there's no successful couples.
Speaker 3: There's not a single one nothing.
Speaker 5: Well, this is there was no successful couple last year either, right.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 5: There was one couple that got engaged but they broke up. It was, oh my god, what was.
Speaker 2: That like Brendan and Piper season? Yes, I thought that was Marian Kenney. That must have been two years ago.
Speaker 5: I also thought that was two years ago. Last year was like Michael A and Danielle. They broke up and then it.
Speaker 2: Was well, at least they like had lasting relationships for a bit. This is like, yeah, this was the gated for what three months and broke up.
Speaker 1: Then they all announced it within like a couple of days of the finale. Yeah, it really makes you wonder, like they definitely probably definitely probably. I hate when people say that they definitely probably broke up before the finale, but they just like waited till the finale to announce it, you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Well yeah yeah, and they couldn't be like, okay, so we got engaged.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people don't even know that makes sense.
Speaker 4: It's just such a bummer. I mean, something needs to change.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's like older castmates or or what, but we need successful couples.
Speaker 3: Did you watch Paradise this here, Jared?
Speaker 1: I watched most of it, so same, and it's you know, it's not normally what I would sit downe and watch, but sometimes I can at least like get a little interested throughout the season. Like last year, I was a little more interested occasionally throughout the season. This year, I watched like two episodes and I just I couldn't find any interest. So maybe it is the cast, but they all seem like nice people for the most part. Like I don't want to I don't want to rag on the cast because I don't really know anything about them, but something is something was off about this season for some reason.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think. Uh. First of all, let me say this, obviously, all three of us love the show, immensely support the show. Without the show, I would certainly not be where I'm at it life, So let me just say that. But the idea that we're not allowed to criticize the show has always been also ridiculous because I would never take anybody's opinion seriously if they only praised the show and gave no criticism to either. And I do think, unfortunately, this season of Paradise was a little bit of a dud. I mean it just like nothing really cool happened, Like nothing crazy happened, and no couples lasted from it. There was no investment level in any of the couples. Yeah, it just felt I don't know if it had to do with Golden Bachelor and how that took a lot of the attention off of Paradise, but it just felt like there was really nobody talking about it and it kind of just happened, and then couples came out of it, and then a day later they all broke up and it was like all right, well that that, unfortunately, was just kind of crappy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it used to be my favorite show from the franchise, but it's just it just wasn't entertaining, Like it didn't I wasn't excited to watch it every week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why is that? Do you think?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm trying to put my finger on it, like what was it? And I don't know, don't have an answer.
Speaker 5: I think Yeah, I mean I think the cast does have something to do with it there it. You know, we always talk about how social media has changed everything with reality TV and of course with Bachelor as well, And I don't know what the correct solution is because there's still couples that come out of it during the social media age. I mean, Kenny and Mary just got married and they were on the show three years ago, and I would say social media was more prevalent with the show back then than it is now. Right, So I.
Speaker 2: Just people just need to let loose, like and not think easier said than done, but not think so much about what people are going to say about you online. You know, people are so concerned about that. Also, it just felt like people were so concerned with staying and getting as much TV time as possible, but not in an entertain what I think for me, everyone wants to like fly under the radar.
Speaker 1: For me. Why I was less interested this year, I think is because every year that we get further away from us being on the show, or like our friends being on the show, I get less interested because like last year, I was interested because I know Danielle Maltby and so I want to see her story unfold. This year, I don't think I knew a single person. I love Blake, Yeah, I actually do. I do like Blake a lot. I've never met him in a person, but we message on Instagram occasionally. He seems really sweet. I know Rachel, I've met her a few times, but like, they're not my friends for lack of a better word, you know, like Danielle, I would say, is more of a friend than any of those people. So I just find I'm less invested in their personal stories, and so if it's harder for me to connect with them watching the show, I guess.
Speaker 5: I agree with Kaylin. I also think that there's too many contestants, and I understand, but also it's it's hard because I want the franchise to thrive as much as possible, that contestants are are far too concerned about what will be said about them or how they'll edit, you know, will be shown on the show. Because obviously I talk to her every day, so I always think of Ashley in these circumstances. But Ashley was just so unhinged but completely herself like she That's I think why people were attracted to her so much, you know, in terms of just rooting for her or rooting against her. Was the fact that she's just always on a pod apologetically herself. And Dean, I think you're also like that as well. Where Dean, yes, you messed up on your season Paradise before you met Cayln on many years ago, but like you were so polarizing and so popular because of it, because you were just so authentically yourself for better and for worse. But I think people are just drawn to that because people watching the show understand that they're not perfect either, So I think they relate to people who do make mistakes and are funny and are you know, themselves and you know, also try to be the best version of theseelves, but just also you know, become vulnerable. I'm trying to think of other Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was thinking about last season Lace was on and Lace I don't know whose season she was on originally, but like years and years.
Speaker 5: Ago Ben's Ben season, which is bananas.
Speaker 2: So like she was on and she was probably like the most herself out of anyone last season and was entertaining and wasn't It didn't seem like she was concerned at all about what people were going to say about her.
Speaker 1: I think that kind of comes with experience though, Like she's been around since Ben's season, which is what like seven or eight years ago, and so you just kind of get to a point where you're either burnt out from caring or to Ashley's credit and to Jared, what you were just saying too, Like I do think Ashley cares about what people think about her, but she's not going to let it affect the way that she acts.
Speaker 3: And I think that's kind of course.
Speaker 1: That's the perfect balance, is like be aware of how people are going to react to the things that you were doing, but like, don't necessarily let it up a change what you're going to do. You know.
Speaker 2: Well, I was almost going to say, like lack of experience because when Lace was on, she probably didn't have that same amount of scrutiny. Like social media wasn't as big as it is now, so people went on to The Bachelor like season prior.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Ben's season of Bachelor was maybe the beginning of the social media are era for Bachelor contestants. Like, I don't think anyone's coming off the show now with the same amount of interest that Ben's seasons cast had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I feel like it just like snowballed and people got more and more invested in more and more mean.
Speaker 4: Like I don't know if they were necessarily as mean. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: But also I think the problem with these newer people, and I've talked to them, is they're like obsessed with Reddit and obsessed with reading negative things about themselves, where it's like, of course you're going to go on and be super guarded when all your reading is negative things, and that just like wasn't a thing when when I was on my season, we didn't read into those things.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: They're like very very image conscious and they need to stop so it's a better show, which is.
Speaker 3: Funny because it's kind of a catch twenty two.
Speaker 1: The more image conscious you are, the worse your image comes across, and so you're just like kind of shooting yourself on the foot with that.
Speaker 2: So new castmates who are about to go on your season, don't read anything about yourself.
Speaker 4: That's my advice.
Speaker 5: And if you do, I know it's impossible, and everybody can relate to this. It's hard not to read something about yourself, especially negative, and not have it kind of seep into your brain. You know, thinking is that what like, is this what other people are thinking to a lot of people not like me. I mean, it's just it casts out in your head, of course it does. But you know it is also what we sign up for. And you know the show is not all great. You know, there's part I would say for our personal experiences, ninety seven percent of it is fantastic. But of course there are times where you have to deal with people saying crap about you and saying like terrible things about you and your character or your looks.
Speaker 1: You can talk rap about my character all day long, but just when you start talking about people's looks.
Speaker 5: I don't think anybody had said anything negative about Dean's looks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my looks. No, there have been times where people.
Speaker 4: What can anyone say about you?
Speaker 5: There's in rare instances.
Speaker 1: I remember on my one on one day with Rachel way back when it was like I was opening up about my mom and how her passing affected me, and I remember reading an article I think it was like reality Steve, And this is why I just don't like Reality Steve, because he was like talking about how I grew my facial hair out a little too much and how I'm not a man because I can't grow facial hair. Meanwhile, I'm on screen crying about my mom's passing affecting me, and it's like, you can disparage my character all you want, because I'm making those choices of how I act, but you can't choose how you look in any sense of the man, Like, sure I could have shaved that day and maybe he wouldn't have said that crap about me, But like, you can't change the way you look, and so you can't make fun of people for the way they look. You can make fun of people for the way they act, because you can change the way you act, you know.
Speaker 5: But full circle moment here to go back earlier to the podcast. I think this works with your analogy of road rage because when people look at us on TV screens, we're not humans. We're characters, you know, we're just they think of us as these of course were real, but they think of us and our stories as fictional, and obviously they're not. So I think they yees say things that they just you know, they don't think twice about it because it's like, oh, it's just you know, it's TV. It's kind of all fake, and you're like, well, it's not really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could never imagine like talking crap about someone on the Internet with my name attached to it. Anonymity, sure, but like obviously, if I'm on Twitter with my name attached to my handle and I'm talking crap about people I see on TV, I just can't imagine ever doing that.
Speaker 4: You would talk crap about someone anonymously more.
Speaker 5: More, he'll he'll talk crap on the pseudonym like boobs McGee.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I'm I'm more keen to do that than I would be. Like, I don't know, people are just so really like unabashful with the way that they talk about other people.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, Yeah, just goes back to unhappiness. You know, it's a cliche, but they're just unhappy.
Speaker 3: But that's not to say that they maybe don't deserve some of it.
Speaker 1: Like I think maybe one of the issues with Bachelor in Paradise this season was they focused a lot more on like the Caddy negative behavior more so than they did the positive like love story behavior that we want to see on that show, Like you want to see people who in love. You want to see the stories of people like becoming enamored with each other, and you don't. I mean, yeah, sure, put some cattiness into the show, and like we wanted to watch for some drama as well, but don't focus entirely on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there weren't really strong relationship. I guess there was Eliza or Kylie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kylie.
Speaker 1: I saw I saw a video on TikTok that he was accused of cheating.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, and he kind of owned up.
Speaker 5: He admitted to it. Yeah, because he said in like an apology. He seemed to like he apologized for his actions.
Speaker 3: He's very handsome, and so I was very sad to see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sucks. I mean that's part of it too, is these guys are so young.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think, uh yeah, I don't know what the correct answer is. But yeah, of course, like you guys said, we want real we want love stories. Because here's the thing. Of course we want drama as well. But I do think that what the audience wants is authentic drama, you know, drama that comes from the people on that island and not like they don't want manufactured drama. And sometimes you can see that, you know that there's definitely like parts where maybe there's lulls and it's like, you know, I remember what was it. It was like the truth Box or something like that, and it was like, well, obviously we all know what this is doing, like just trying to stir the pod a little bit.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: It wasn't like there was this you know, there's drama about like Kaylin having to choose between Dean and whoever the other guy was. I can't even remember when Dean came back, like that is like, oh shit, you know, like that is a moment, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or like actually having to pick between Wells and Jarried.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a moment so funny.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't remember much from watching the show before I went on it, but I do remember Ashley's date with Wells. For some weird reason, he had no idea they went on a Z Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, talk about it, talk about it.
Speaker 1: We can talk about Kaylen and Connor, but we can't talk about Ashley in a Wow. I'm just I'm just giving you a taste of John medicine over here, Jared. Anyways, that's gonna do it, obvious, that's gonna do it.
Speaker 3: For this week's episode.
Speaker 5: It was your moment, that was your prince moment. You know, you walk down the stairs looking fabulous to shave the mustache, but you were there to get you were Tom Cruise and Jerem m MacGuire. And you walk down those stairs and you looked at everybody in paradise and you said, excuse me, I'm looking for my wife.
Speaker 1: We can talk about it now because that was also your moment. You know, I can talk about Ashley's date with Wells because you're married to Ashley now, just like we can talk about Kaylen state with Connor because I'm married to Ken. But all of our happy yeah but still happy endings, so at least we can have that to hold on too. That's gonna do it for this week's episode of Help We Suck At Being newlyweds. Jared, thanks for joining us, Kaylan, thanks for joining us. Dean, You're welcome for joining us. Oh yeah, the best. One of the funniest things in Tanzania was there's the locals in Tanzania are so polite that they always have to get the last word in, and so there's like this local like the dialect they basically say like hey, an other prison says hey, how are you? The person says, hey, how are you? I'm good, how are you? And it just goes and goes and goes and goes and goes in sweely, in sweet, right in their local language. And when they're speaking English, which they're all very good at English, they they'll can you explain it? They'll like, do anything they do, they'll always say you're welcome, or like, if you.
Speaker 4: Are doing do you even say thank you?
Speaker 1: If you're doing something for them and they should be saying thank you. Instead of saying thank you, they say you're welcome because they're like just they're trying to be as polite as possible, and everything that they did that always ended with you're welcome, no matter what the situation was. And it was just really funny to think.
Speaker 2: Diana and I say you're welcome after everything that doesn't want to thank you anyways.
Speaker 1: Be sure to tune in next week, where maybe we suck just a little bit less.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram Matt help we suck at.
Speaker 2: Being newlyweds, and email us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 5: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next time.