Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and no he Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 3: In Seattle, this chilling message appeared briefly on a road sign threatening other CEOs the city, blaming a private construction contractor. At the University of Pennsylvania, where Menhioni graduated with engineering degrees, an assistant professor appeared to praise the CEO's murder in this TikTok video, saying she's never been prouder to be a professor there, later saying she was regretful and doesn't condone violence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except you just did publicly, Yeah, proudly and cheerfully. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was reading the column in the New York Posts from David hers Sonny's seems to be an actual debate going on in the progressive left over whether slaying CEOs is a bad thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And you see those posters going up in New York essentially urging people to hunt down other CEOs with their pictures and stuff like that. I guarantee there is a ninety nine point six percent overlap between the people putting up those posters and people tearing down posters of Israeli hostages being held by Hamas. Sure that same angry radical left nihilist, over educated moron class that's screwing up so much about what is good in this country. More on that attitude in a minute. Had a weird thing, interesting thing happened on news Nation yesterday. A reporter facilitating communication between prisoners were the murder scumbags being held and the report, well, let's listen to it.
Speaker 5: Let me tell them a question, Alex, hold on, let me yell a question, guys, if you can hear me clearly, do you guys have any sights on Luigi MANGIONI just yell yes or no.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they're answering. They're flickering up.
Speaker 6: They're saying no, okay, so they're actually watching her on TV in the prison, and then it's it's a little delayed from before it gets to her, and then they no, we can't see him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you have a follow up? Wait? Wait, wait, yeah, that's that's kind of funny. I I almost want to hear more of that. What else? What else did she ask?
Speaker 4: I know a lot of you are in the News Nation. I have too many friends who are like avid watchers of News Nation. I've got to get on board and start recordings some of their shows on a regular basis like I do every other cable cham.
Speaker 2: I'm behind the curve on that. Yeah, I know a lot of you that you are that I am. Yeah, yeah, yeah, more sources is good if you have the time. We played this yesterday.
Speaker 4: But to bring back up the conversation, this is Bill Burr, comedian who i'm I'm a big fan of his comedy act. This particular attitude he has would destroy the country.
Speaker 2: So that's a problem.
Speaker 7: You know what's annoying me about this, This kid who killed this CEO is none of these news programs are talking about the incredible lack of empathy from the general public about this because of how these insurance companies treat people when they are at their most vulnerable, after we've all given them our money every month and now we finally need you, and all you do is deny us, and then these and all of these things are taking the pictures of their CEOs off their websites. You know, I gotta be honest with you, Okay, I love that the CEOs are afraid right now, you should be, by and large, You're all a bunch of selfish, greedy pieces, and a lot of you are mass murderers. You just don't pull the trigger.
Speaker 2: See a lot of.
Speaker 4: Those things in what he said there are true or can be true, but don't have any connection to so you can scare or or or violently attack or murder CEOs.
Speaker 2: Right, are a.
Speaker 4: Lot of companies greedy and sometimes CEOs are greedy and amoral? Yeah, sure, I'm sure that happens in all kinds of industries. But what's that got to do with. You can either murder them in the street or have them be afraid to do their jobs the way they want because you will.
Speaker 2: Hurt them or murder them. Play this through.
Speaker 4: I realize you're an artist, Bill Burr, but anybody who has this mindset play this out for me. How would this work? How would society be structured? If mob violence is the way people approach their job every day? Is the mob going to kill me or my family today? Are they happy with this move?
Speaker 2: I can do it? Okay, I mean, how would this work? Well? I think Bill Burt would answer you in his charming Boston accent and explain to you that, well, companies would reform and behave more responsibly so they aren't gone down on the pavement by self righteous little rich boys.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I would say to Bill Burr, I wish I could have this conversation with him, because's pretty smart guy, and I'd love to talk to him because I'm a fan. But hey, Bill Burr, you are a very edgy comedian and you make jokes about trans people and all kinds of different sort of stuff. So what if the trans community decided your causing harm in their community, and so they threaten you physically to come around to their thinking, or they're going to hurt you or shoot you in the street. Then how do you where do you draw the line on these things?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not as bad as a healthcare ceo. They murder tens of thousands of people. Yeah, well, the trans folks are gonna say, yeah, you caused thousands of duds, You've made the world unsaved, blah blah blah. Yeah, I mean, you're obviously right. It's it's worth kicking Elizabeth Warren one more time, At least briefly. Charlie Cook was writing about this review A beer that's my favorite I'm gonna have me a beer. You gotta throw in that. Look how normal I and down to earth I am. I'm gonna have me a beer. Well, Harford academic has never uttered in her life firewater indeed anyway, So she was one of those people. Violence is never the answer, but people can only be pushed so far. Then she explains why it was justified to gun this poor son of a gun down on the pavement, as Charlie Cook mentions. But then he reminds us all. Oh. First of all, he compares her to John Fetterman, who said, of the shooter, he's the a hole. It's gonna die in prison. And about anybody celebrating online, Fetterman said, a sore is going to soar. That's what social media is about. I don't know why the media wants to turn this into a story. These trolls saying these kinds of things anonymously. But of course these trolls anonymously include your fellow Senator Elizabeth Warren, who is saying it publicly. But Fetterman went on, remember he had two children that are going to grow up without their father. It's vile. And if you've gunned someone down that you don't happen to agree with their views or the business they're in. Hey, you know, I'm next, They're next, He's next, She's next, And as Charlie Cook writes, Americans seeking good examples should resolve to be a fetterman rather than a Warren. But then he points out that she her cabal. You know, like in the NFL, they have coaching trees, a bunch of the assistant coaches of a Bill Belichick become head coaches and their assistant coaches, and because they influence each other and they end up being, you know, just the source of great coaches. Elizabeth Warren, her cabal became the Biden administration and pushed him way to the left. She was also the person that pushed Kamala Harris way way to the left. In twenty nineteen, during the campaign, she of her skinny old Northeastern woman academic, you know image. She's she is unbelievably effective radical leftist who has really screwed up the Democratic Party right.
Speaker 4: So she went on the warpath against anybody who didn't agree with her and sent up smoke signals to let them know, Hey, if you get on the wrong side of me.
Speaker 2: Right, and well played there. I don't think I didn't notice that. I appreciate I appreciate you completely ignoring it. Final note from Charlie Cook. She pushed everybody way left. It should have been obvious that Warren was a crank when she started tweeting out sentiments such as and this is a quote, black, trans and CIS women, gender, nonconformed and non binary people are the backbone of our democracy.
Speaker 4: Wow, she speak with FOURK tongue, but it was not clear.
Speaker 2: If it was not clear, then the consequences of her influence have now made the indictment clear. Of Warren is a disaster for her party, a disaster for America, and a disaster for the basic human decency that we are entitled to expect from our politicians. No ifs or butts apply a reference to her, well you shouldn't kill people, but he had it coming speech. Yeah. So, the good folks at Reason dot com with a great, great piece entitled the people Cheering Brian Thompson's murder can't have the medical utopia that they want, whether private or public. Third party payment for healthcare is a huge problem, and this dovetails beautifully with what Craig the healthcare Guru was saying on the show yesterday and if you didn't listen to it, grab the podcast, maybe it was our three Yeah, uh, yesterday's Armstrong Getty show Armstrong and Getty on demand. Instead of rushing through this like a maniac when we you know, take a break and come back to it. But the realities of you know, third party payment screw everything up, and we shall explain.
Speaker 4: So maybe you're not like me and you get your gift act together earlier than this. But if you're scrambling, this is what's one of the great things about Omaha Steaks.
Speaker 2: As long as you got somebody on.
Speaker 4: Your list who eat and isn't some sort of vegan weirdo, Omaha Steaks is such an easy, great gift.
Speaker 2: That they will love. Yeah, and it's so delicious and high quality. And whether you know you order a smallish package for somebody or something big and elaborate because they have a huge range, they're going to think of you with every bite for the next several weeks or months, however long it takes them to enjoy their Omaha Steaks gift package.
Speaker 4: They do have some high quality chicken products also, but steaks, burgers everything, very very great, and right now you can get fifty percent off site wide at Omaha Steaks plus scorn extra thirty dollars off with the promo code Armstrong.
Speaker 2: I'd get to it. It's getting a little late in December, but yeah, go to Omaha Steaks dot com fifty percent off site wide and again you get that extra thirty bucks off when you use our promo code Armstrong. But seriously, the steak is so delicious we would not steer you wrong on steak. Trust me Omaha Steaks dot com. Remember that promo code Armstrong. Minimum purchase may apply Omaha Steaks dot Com. Enjoy.
Speaker 4: Oh, drones have been spotted in Germany now similar to the ones in New Jersey and across the country. All right, we'll have the update on the whole drone story also this hour's of Stay Tuned arm Strong.
Speaker 2: I hope people fully.
Speaker 4: Recognize this is a funny thing to say over the beach boys singing at Christmas song.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: I hope people fully realize.
Speaker 4: What a dangerous philosophy is going on here with the whole I'm glad the CEO got gunned down thing. This is not just your normal left right back and forth, look how bad the others. This is the sort of thing that catches on in societies and is very hard to stop once it gets going.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, absolutely true. And it's also undeniable that if somebody on the right says we need to target this district, you're accused of fulling violence. Right. But if you say we ought to gun down these mother blankers and then they get gunned down, left says what me? Who may? But having said that, it's interesting that eighty one percent of people with private and health insurance are happy with their insurance in America. Now, granted, when you do need it, and there's that push and pull of no, you can't have this test done, or you got to ask him twice or whatever. That's a really uncomfortable thing and it makes people mad. But and maybe it could be done better. We're not on the take from United Healthcare or anybody else around here. We're just trying to get to the bottom of it.
Speaker 4: But would you answer that question yes or no? Are you happy with your health insurance? I'm a no, I am Actually I was happier before Obamacare, when before more deductibles became whatever they are, four thousand dollars for my family.
Speaker 2: It's insane. Yeah, in general, I am. But you know, I've been reasonably healthy too, which is, you know, kind of an indictment right there. I suppose to. He's going to be, you know, work on being more grateful.
Speaker 4: I went through cancer and it got mostly paid for, and that could have not happened, I suppose. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of you know, people who trust the government to do all things well and good. Those are people who never deal with the government. Anybody who's ever spent a minute at a zoning office or whatever, it doesn't feel that way anyway. The folks at Reason dot com with a great, great piece. JD. Tussil wrote it, I hope I'm saying his name right, but evoking a collective scream of despair from socialists and anti corporate types. Police in Pennsylvania arrested Luigi Mandi and menu we know who he is, Thompson. They insist the murder victim stood in the way of the sort of healthcare that they think they deserve, and shooting him down on the street was some sort of bloody minded strike for justice. The assassin's fans and the legal system has yet to convict anybody fur the crime are moral degenerates. But they're also dreaming if they think insurance executives like Thompson or all that stands between them and they are visions of a single pair medical system that satisfies every desire. While there is a lot wrong with the main way healthcare is paid for and delivered in the US, what the haters want is probably not achievable, and the means many of them prefer would make things worse. There's an old joke among health policy wonks according from a Cato Institute. According to a Cato Institute guy from twenty seventeen, what the American people really want from healthcare reform is unlimited care from the doctor of their choice, with no way free of charge. Correct. The problem, no matter how healthcare is delivered is that it requires labor, time, and resources that are available in finite supply. Somebody must decide how to allocate medications, treatments, physicians, and hospital beds, and how to pay for at all. And a common assumption in some circles is that Americans ration medicine by price, handing an advantage to the wealthy and sticking it to the poor. Of course, and they quote Vox. Of course, the alternatives, supposedly is one where healthcare is universal, with bills paid by government, so everyone has access to care, except most Americans rely on somebody else to pay the bulk of their medical bills, just like Canadians, Germans and Britons. And while there are huge differences among the systems presented as alternatives to what we do in the US, third party payers, whether government or insurance companies, do enormous damage to the provision of healthcare. This is something Craig the healthcare Guru, and I have also been saying for the longest time. When you establish a giant, profitable middleman to get between me and my doctor, that's not going to serve me. It complicates things, It clouds things. They write. Contrary to conventional wisdom, health insurance, private or otherwise does not make health care affordable. Right Roade an expert back in twenty thirteen, the third party payment system is the principal force behind healthcare price inflation in the US. The dominance a third party payment, whether United Healthcare or others, or Medicare or Medicaid or something else, makes it difficult to know the price for procedures medicines and treatments, because there really isn't one price when third party payers are involved, it's all the subject of giant, complex negotiations. You pay three hundred dollars, I pay fifteen hundred dollars, and I'm.
Speaker 4: In the room next to you, right, Or when the truble, when I was going to pay cash for a scan that wasn't going to be covered by insurance years ago, shopped around. The price was so different depending on where he was, Like, why if I drive twenty miles.
Speaker 2: Over here, I say four hundred dollars? Why? And again, different kinds of people pay wildly different prices at the same facility on the same day, right, which is insane. I'd love to drill down on that a little more, but we don't have on a time I wanted to get to this part. When government lawyers are third party assurances responsible for paying the bills, consumers have no incentive to control costs. After all, the premiums already paid, right, or the tax is already paid, right, So why do I care if it's bloated or inflating or whatever. And then they get into quite appropriately, how government run health care systems have these problems and more because instead of profit, you have taxes being taken from people run through the bureaucracy then paying for the doctors and nurses and medicines and stuff like that. So it's really scarce and it's rationed by time. It takes twenty eight weeks in Canada between your referral to a specialist and when you get to see them. Oh my god, would you like me to do that math for you. I'll give you a hunt a hint. Six months would be twenty four weeks and it takes twenty eight weeks. Wow. Yeah, Wow. Rationing happens everywhere. Man, There's more to be said on this, and that is pretty interesting. Hey, we're being invaded by drones. Is everybody aware of that? Yeah, being invaded by drunes by the.
Speaker 1: Hype, the Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 2: We should be doing some very virgin intelligence analysis and take them out of the GUIs, especially if they're flying over airports or military basis. Shouould be shot down if necessary.
Speaker 4: That Senator Richard Blumenthal, so not a US House member, senator, is a bigger deal and a respected senator at least by the media saying we should shoot down the mysterious drones and nobody's able to identify yet. Now, yesterday we had the congress person from New Jersey saying there was an Iranian mothership off shore and all that kind of crazy talk, and nobody has any idea what that guy's talking about.
Speaker 2: You'd think Blumenthal, with his access to.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 2: It's not classified information, but lots of information, would know whether it's necessary to shoot them down or not. Based at this point.
Speaker 4: I would think he'd have access either direct like give me the file, or know who to talk to, yeah, to any information? Or are we actually that completely ignorant of what the heck is going on? So here's a different congress person, also from New Jersey. I haven't heard this one yet.
Speaker 10: I understand why so many in our community in our state are concerned when you hear reports of drones flying above us or see activity yourself, and federal agencies responsible for controlling the airspace don't properly and quickly brief the public. I want you to know that, based on the information the briefings that I've received to date, I'm not concerned about any imminent threats to public safety or our national security regarding these drones. But and I've made this very clear to the FBI, the Homeland Security in the FAA, the agency is chiefly responsible for monitoring drowne activity. They must immediately disclose more information to the public. It's totally completely unacceptable that you have all this drone activity going on that people are sitting with their own eyes. And even if it's not all drone activity, and some of it is manned aircraft, there appears to be plenty of drone activity that people are seeing their own eyves. The fact that the federal agency is responsible for briefing the public have not come forward in a clear way is unacceptable.
Speaker 2: He needs to wake up, Pink. He's ignoring the Iranian mothership. But yeah, here's the mothership, dude, Well here's the real deal, Harris.
Speaker 9: You know, I'm also on the Transportation Committee, on the Aviation Subcommittee, and I've gotten to know people and from very high sources, very qualified sources, very responsible sources.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you the real deal.
Speaker 9: Iran launched a mothership probably about a month ago that contains these drones.
Speaker 2: That mothership is off. I'm gonna tell you the deal. It's off.
Speaker 9: The he's to the United States of America. They've launched thrones is everything that we can see over here, and the gun These are from high sources.
Speaker 2: I don't say this lightly. Yeah, they're high.
Speaker 4: All right, Well that's interesting, So Hanson's sake, whichever, those are two different districts in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: I want to know the media and IQ of each of those two districts, because the one guy certainly seemed like an upgrade over that guy.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, so Hanson, our executive producer. Hanson's take on the other guy was he knows what they are and isn't worried about them, but he can't say and he's his message is, Hey, the people who have are the clearance to say need to say what these things are?
Speaker 2: Ah? Yeah, is that the way you took it? Yeah? Yeah, Well, and you've got to combine all of that with the fact that now oldership Hank, everybody who sees anything larger than a sparrow in the sky is saying, look, it's one of those drones. You know, if it's some kid hobbyist, or it's it's the regularly scheduled flight from lax to Las Vegas or whatever. Everybody's now it's it's like you said, it's like the Salem witch hunt. Everybody's seeing witches in the woods, which is a witch. Yeah, drones have been spotted in Germany now, so it had spread across whist they have. It'd been spotted spread across the United States yesterday, and now they's been spotted in Germany now, no new Germany, Michael. They've been spotted at your local hobby store too. What do you want me to do?
Speaker 4: I spotted them over a new house that's having an open house on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no kidding. So yeah, it's become silly and confusing, and there still might be something menacing going on. Witness the Chinese freaking spy balloon or all of the software sleeping in all of our systems right now planted by the Chai cooms and all the spies in America. You're not Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you. Well, okay, play play fifty. This is John Kirby.
Speaker 4: I mean he's as high up a spokesman that anybody trusts as you can get in the White House.
Speaker 11: Using very sophisticated electronic detection technologies provided by federal authorities, we have not been able to and neither have state or local law enforcement of authorities corroborate any of the reported visual sightings.
Speaker 4: So is he saying there aren't a videotape on the news? So is he saying there aren't any drones? I mean that it's all made up. Maybe we should hear the rest of us roll on.
Speaker 2: We're concerned about it too.
Speaker 11: We are still investigating this.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you definitively.
Speaker 11: I cannot characterize for you definitively what these sightings are. I can just go back to what I said at the opening.
Speaker 2: We've looked at the imagery.
Speaker 11: We can't corroborate some of the reported sightings through our own expert analysis using sophisticated detection techniques. But that doesn't mean that, you know, we're putting our pen down here this afternoon and calling in a day. We have no evidence at this time that the reported drone sightings pose a national security or a public safety threat.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 4: That's the thing that has been driving me crazy for several days, is the constant we don't know what these are. They aren't a threat. Those two sentences can't go together, right, right, That doesn't make any sense. You know what the perfect storm that I just realize it is occurring. The public is going to demand something be done. We're only like ten days away. The United States Air Force is going to shoot down Santa Oh lord, that's what's going to end up happening.
Speaker 2: That's the worst possible outcome. It's among them me reindeer meat everywhere.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, toys scattered across the countryside.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you wanted sometwn We shut some down. You're happy? Yeah, it was, well, that was you know what. Honestly, you remember after the whole Chinese spy balloon nightmare, and they did. Biden is shockingly the Mummy in his administration didn't react at all. Then, as it became clear how horrifying that was, they shot down every kid's birthday balloon in America for about a week, just so they look strong and decisive. I forgot about that. So yeah, you keep.
Speaker 4: That in your the back of your mind while you're listening to all this. The US government at the highest level is capable of incredible flailing. I mean that was flailing, Like I'm in charge. You let the one thing go clear gouns the country. Then you started shooting down gender revealed balloons.
Speaker 2: Depression weather Boy Scout packs doing an experiment for their Eagle Scout Badge Bully. There goes the balloon.
Speaker 4: Stupid though, Santa gonna be blasted out of a sky by an ICBM if you.
Speaker 2: Heard it here first. That's a lot of ordinance for one obese gentleman and a sleigh guided by diminutive reindeer. Why are they tiny reindeer in the popular conception of Santa Claus because they would have to be fairly small to fit on most roofs.
Speaker 4: You're gonna make Tim the lawyer call in. This is one of his things.
Speaker 2: Oh no, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Really, the invention of the whole Santa sleigh reindeer thing came from I believe Coca Cola, and Tim is big on this. But they were, as it says in the songs eight Tiny Reindeer. Everything was miniature, but somehow got blown up over time to like regular size. And that really bothers him that the origin story has been lost. Yeah, because in all of your movies you got full size reindeer, like the size of a horse up on your roof, right, and that's full sized sleigh and all that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: So was the sleigh tiny as well as the reindeer, because I'm familiar with the reference to eight tiny reindeer, but nobody references the size of the sleigh. And I don't need all of specs. I'm not, you know, that serious about it. You know, my kids are and Santa's normal size, right or is No, He's a jolly little elf.
Speaker 4: My kids are past the age now of the of this. And on one hand, you know the magic has gone of just that whole thing. When Santa is full on real and the wonder and everything. It's just it's nothing could be more fantastic. As a child or a parent, It's a hell of a lot easier this way, much easier.
Speaker 2: We had so many wonderful traditions with the kids. I mean, just I'll tear up thinking about it, but I mean it was the It was the stockings and we would put out reindeer foods Santa's reindeer and they would eat it. Then he would leave candy in their their shoes, I mean, because they would read about various cultures at school or be told about him and their Christmas celebrations, and they'd say, we should put our shoes out. What am I gonna say no, put your damn shoes back in the closet. That's fun to American Santa doesn't mess with people's shoes. He messes with their.
Speaker 4: Socks if they're hung by a fireplace for some reason, hanging with careless, slovenly, hanging, zero presence.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Yeah, there would be shoes to fill, and the reindeer food would be put out, and that was oatmeal and glitter. And then two continue the the the loving idea that indeed the reindeer had been there consuming the reindear food, somebody would have to clean it up well by eating it, that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah I did that. I'd almost forgotten many times. It just helped got to eat part of the cookie. Oh that Yeah, of course Grant was here. Nature cookie. That stuff is awesome, But like I said, it's not as wonderful now, but it's certainly easier. What is that thing you wanted? Okay, I got it at the store. It'll be under the tree considerably less magic.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's cute if your kid is five, but if he's seventeen, it's not cute. No eh. Yeah, the UK that the other day has postponed indefinitely hormone treatments for momentarily confused adolescents. The National Health Authority just backtracked and said no, trans women cannot breastfeed. After all, it's a bad idea. The quote unquote milk is not comparable to a woman's real breast milk. Yeah, as the comment went to the story, I'm absolutely shocked that men can't breastfeed. This is real breaking news, shocking stuff. You how did we get swept away by such madness? Well, and it's continuing in a lot of quarters.
Speaker 4: But man, I got If you're taking so many drugs that you start to leak out your male nipples and then you're trying to feed an infant with that, you are crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, agreed, Yeah, yeah, Wow. Super human elves delivering packages worldwide at speeds that defy Einstein's series is reasonable compared to that. You're right, You're right? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Any comment on any of this?
Speaker 4: Our text line four one five KFTCARTROI on.
Speaker 1: The eve of his ninety ninth birthday, beloved actor Dick Van Dyke now sharing the harrowing moment he narrowly evacuated this week's wildfire in Malibu.
Speaker 8: I forgot how old I am, and I realized I was crawling to get out anyway.
Speaker 1: Twenty something appear as the wind driven Franklin fire came down the canyon behind his home.
Speaker 8: I have a fire hose the hooks up to my pool.
Speaker 1: Van Dyke tried to douse the house, but it proved too much.
Speaker 2: I thought, my god, I'm not going to make it out of here. Because I was trying to crawl to the car.
Speaker 8: I had exhausted my I couldn't get a Three neighbors came and carried me out and came back and put a little fire in the guest house and saved me than gone for them.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Dick Van Dyke ninety nine today, ninety nine years old today.
Speaker 2: Happy birthday. Dick hooked up.
Speaker 4: A fire hose to his pool and was trying to spray off the house himself. Exhausted himself so much. I get so tired at my I'm half his age. Uh to uh do things like that. I can't imagine being ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wow, sounds great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, genetics and lifestyle. I don't know how much of it is which, but who Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got some doctor friends who Well, genetics, you've.
Speaker 4: Got to have because my dad has it. I mean, my dad absolutely has like the Dick Van Dyke genetics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can ruin your genetic advantage with your life, sure, absolutely, but you cannot cancel your genetic disadvantage with a great life style. He might be able to, you know, help, there's certainly no reason not to be healthy. But you know what I'm driving at all.
Speaker 4: Those times he tripped over the ottoman and didn't break a hip or anything.
Speaker 2: What a talented dude, Oh my gosh, and a good man too by all accounts.
Speaker 4: I was referring to the opening of the Dick Van Dyke Show, which was in black and white. That's how old that show is. And so his heyday was what nineteen sixty is that when he was like at the beak of his popularity long before we were born.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, ish, I mean he continued to be a loved figure in movie Oh yeah, yeah, that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he was old when he was in those Disney movies when I was a kid, though middle aged certainly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, though he could hoof it like a kid.
Speaker 4: Elon tweets about Doge a lot the Department of Government Efficiency because he's going to be the guy running it with Vivik Ramaswani. He tweets out various programs that are wasting money or statistics. He comes acro it's really interesting. If you don't follow what you should, you should be on Twitter and you should follow us. But Peter Thiel, one of his buddies from the old PayPal mafia, they all became super rich out of inventing PayPal and all what they're separate ways and did different great things, got retweeted by Elon today Peter Thiel saying, the strong consensus view in the DC establishment is that this is going to go nowhere, that it's just absolutely impossible to fix things, and this is going to be a very frustrating dead end. The alternate view, I would say is you should never bet against Elon. We all know there's an extraordinary amount of waste and it's unsustainable. The six percent GDP deficits the US has cannot be sustained. They probably can't even be sustained for the rest of this decade, let alone longer. See that's the thing, there is a math equation involved in here. I'm frustrated that even some of my favorite pundits are going with he's nibbling around the edges. It won't make a difference. Ah, how about directionally we do something? What is your answer?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Do nothing? And let's direct people's gaze at the growing impossibility of dealing with this enormous debt. Right, no kidding, thing has to be done. Now. There are giant, powerful, vested interests who want nothing to be done, and they'll be fighting this tooth and nail. But again, let's lay the spot or shine the spotlight on them.
Speaker 4: As amazing as Elan is with all the different things that he's accomplished, making electric cars even possibly viable, or space stuff or whatever, he's up against the most immovable object in the history of a movable objects, the United States federal bureaucracy. So I don't like his chances, but I'm all for trying in any even incremental accomplishment I feel like is good.
Speaker 2: Well, right, yeah, I would agree just in dollars and cents, You're one hundred percent right. But I think there's an even greater significance to the what would you call it, flushing them out of the underbrush and letting DC show its true colors, make them fight you on making legitimate cuts, get awareness going among the American people. Let's talk about how much we all owe per person. Let's talk about public employee unions. Let's talk about the fact that FDR thought they were a terrible idea, just unworkable, and now Trump's new Secretary of Labor is staunchly in favor of public employee unions. What the hell is going on there? Anyway, It's worth a fight by absolutely worth it.
Speaker 4: Or talk about how no government or society has ever survived this sort of excess spending. Ever it always ends the same way. Yeah, Yeah, it's not a mystery. What's going to happen?
Speaker 2: No, We're gonna be already spending as much on interest as we are in defense.
Speaker 4: Horrifying. We do four hours of this every single day, shocking. It's in our contract. If you ever missed a segment or an hour and you want to make it up, you can listen to the podcast.
Speaker 2: You just subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand. Great hour, next hour or two. A mystery at a California recruiting office. What the hell is going on there? Armstrong and Getty