Speaker 1: The second date updated.
Speaker 2: You know, back in the swinging nineties they had as saying you can drink with your bartender, you can cry with your bartender. Sure you can even laugh with your bartender, but never ever hook up with your bartender. What unless you don't have any money at the end of the night, and that's considered the tip o.
Speaker 3: God, if only I had been drinking ages in the nineties, I know this well.
Speaker 2: One of our listeners desperately wants to break that old nineties rule because she is interested in the hunk who was pouring out the libations.
Speaker 1: Oh how did she.
Speaker 2: Get to that point? We're about to find out. Let's talk to Tiffany. Tiffany, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hi, thank you for having me.
Speaker 5: Oh goodness.
Speaker 3: Bartenders just kind of notorious on the dating scene.
Speaker 6: That makes you want them more, I know, God, and you've had a couple, so they look even cuter.
Speaker 2: All the girls seem to know what you're talking about, Tiffany, But fill the rest of us in what happened with you and this guy that you met?
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 4: Think Kevin?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 3: And is he like the bartender at a place you go to or did you guys meet on an app.
Speaker 4: No, so I was actually at this charity event. It was at a hotel like in weather big ballroom.
Speaker 2: Okay, look at you. Fancy going to hotels and giving back to society.
Speaker 3: Wow, you can get a ticket.
Speaker 5: I host a lot of these events. You're more than welcome becoming a Jeff.
Speaker 2: They just don't sound as fun when brook hosts.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I bet, I.
Speaker 2: Bet you went to a really cool one, Tiffany.
Speaker 4: It was really cool, and I think Brooks would be cool.
Speaker 3: Too, Thank you.
Speaker 5: But was he the bartender there?
Speaker 4: He was. I was a catered event, so they had him as a bartender.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, that's OK. But I always feel so bad for the bartenders during those things because the lines get so backed up, you.
Speaker 2: Know, maybe the events that you host. But I'm sure this one was actually well organized.
Speaker 8: Usually they have like one bargain right the whole place.
Speaker 3: I mean, how did you find time to like strike up a conversation with him?
Speaker 4: I made time. I kept going.
Speaker 2: Back attention to the charity event, so you'd like get your drink and just go right back to the back of the line.
Speaker 4: I would give it a solid three minutes and okay, make him, wait.
Speaker 5: A little bit, like I love a raging alcoholics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're doing it every three minutes, you must have gotten kind of toasted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one would think, But no, I didn't want to be sloppy, so I would just take the drink and like pour it into a planter or just set it on someone's table.
Speaker 8: Two SIPs of it and then discard it.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: Always, I think it's Genius's good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because you don't want to get sloppy.
Speaker 3: Drunk, and you're like, I got to get another drink for my friend.
Speaker 2: We're able to strike up like a flirtation with him when you were ordering.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it got better every time. That's why I kept going back.
Speaker 3: Oh, so were you able to turn this into something more?
Speaker 4: Well, he actually is the one that took the initiative in my who knows how many times, ninth time whatever that I went up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 4: He asked if I was doing anything after the event. I'm totally free, but I actually, I like literally had friends waiting for me. I had plans afterwards, but I just canceled them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it does. It makes sense he favored for.
Speaker 1: Me, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Wow, So he initiated a date that same night?
Speaker 3: Yeah did you did you read it as a date or just like a hookup?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, I always feel like if it's like the same night.
Speaker 2: And you never said anything about them being intimate with each other, I don't know why you.
Speaker 6: Jumped straight to the invite. Is like, it's late at night, let's hang out now.
Speaker 8: I know you've been drinking, yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: And what that means that they have to get together down that's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the odds are high, and that's what his intention is.
Speaker 4: Well, No, we didn't hook up or anything like that. Okay, I didn't get that vibe either. I just got that we were flirting and interested in each other, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's all good that he's not trying to take advantage.
Speaker 8: Of you or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like, yeah, so that's good.
Speaker 8: You guys just hung out.
Speaker 2: Where'd you guys go?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, we went to a bar.
Speaker 8: Well, he hasn't had any drinks yet.
Speaker 5: Problems Yeah, yeah, unless he's a bad bartender.
Speaker 1: Okay, how is that?
Speaker 4: I think one thing that was sweet was like, I personally really like video games. I've always liked video games. I'm a big switch player, and so He just seemed kind of surprised by that because he likes video games too, but I think he plays a lot with his guy friends, and so that was sweet. He seemed genuinely taken aback by that.
Speaker 3: And it seems like like an easy transition into the next date, like the next day, wouldn't you just then play video games together?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good idea because you could put the switch on the TV or have an handheld.
Speaker 1: Before we get to the next day. How did this one end?
Speaker 4: We had a nice hug and no, like I said, like, no kissing, no hooking up, nothing like that. But I'm just kind of at this point waiting on him make a move.
Speaker 3: But he made the first move.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's waiting on you.
Speaker 4: I guess I didn't really think about it that way. I don't know.
Speaker 8: Does this count as your move? Like we could this could be your move? Pull. Hey, I got a radio station to call you big boy.
Speaker 1: Those exact words when that came out weird.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry use.
Speaker 2: It talking to guys, but this will be our chance to reach out. Like how long has it been since you last hung out with him?
Speaker 4: It's been like four or five days?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: And has there been like texts or calls exchange between you two.
Speaker 4: No, nothing crazy. I have other guys that I can spend time with, you know.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That he needed to brag right there, but yeah, I don't tell him that I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That because I know, like four or five days doesn't sound like a long time. But I'm kind of holding out for him.
Speaker 3: Oh, I see everybody else is on pause.
Speaker 2: So okay, Yer and I just want to make sure that we get this straight. So you haven't reached out to him at all. He hasn't reached out to you. This is going to be the first time that you guys have talked since then.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 8: Also, it's not like he's ghosting, you're not answering.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 5: It's a bold move. Yeah, it's a bold move, Jeb and I like.
Speaker 2: It puts all the pressure on us, which I don't necessarily like.
Speaker 5: But we can do it.
Speaker 1: That's what we signed up for.
Speaker 3: We're going to be a bartender. He's used to weird things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, we'll see how how cool with it he is when we come back, call him and try and get you a second date with Kevin the bartender coming up?
Speaker 1: Right, after this second date update.
Speaker 2: If you're just tuning in, I'm not sure the word bar could have been mentioned more. During the meetup with one of our listeners, Tiffany as she had with a guy because she was at a catered event with an open bar.
Speaker 1: Met the bar tend under Kevin.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, they had some sidebar conversation. Later left that bar and bar hopped to a different bar.
Speaker 3: The bar was set high, Jeffrey, really very.
Speaker 2: High and barring anything bad that happened that night. She wants to get back together with him. And while I was thinking about all that, I had a Hershey bar in the other Okay, So the weird part is this is going to be the very first contact the two of them have had since that night. There's been no missed calls, no text, no snap chats, nothing weird.
Speaker 1: I spent five days.
Speaker 3: Are you feeling okay about us being the first people to call?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean I asked you to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you talked to us.
Speaker 2: For five or six minutes. You could have some regrets by now.
Speaker 4: I think it'll be cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, he's either going to be impressed or he is gonna be kind of overwhelmed.
Speaker 5: Why didn't you just text me. Yeah, we can handle both of those situations.
Speaker 1: You know, we'll let Brook handle it. Are just gonna sit back.
Speaker 3: I mean, bartenders usually don't know our show because they work late.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not gonna ask that question. I'm just gonna call him and we'll see if he first answers the phone and then see if he has anything to say.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you ready? Yeah, already, here we go.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey is this Kevin?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and my name is jeff from a radio show you probably have never heard of before called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Hey, we do a podcast too, so maybe you've heard of that Kevin.
Speaker 7: Uh no, I can't say I have.
Speaker 1: Thanks for crushing our dreams.
Speaker 7: Okay, what are you doing on my phone? Uh? Well, we were.
Speaker 2: The there's a whole show here. Really, four of us are in the room. We're doing a segment right now called a second Date Update, and that's where we try and help our listeners reconnect with someone that they met or when out with recently and aren't getting another date yet.
Speaker 7: Okay, and I'm involved in this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody likes you.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, shocking dude.
Speaker 1: The people that like you, because.
Speaker 7: I mean, I get a lot of attention, but nothing really sticks around very longship.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a pleasant surprise.
Speaker 2: I would assume somebody does want to stick around for a while.
Speaker 1: Her name is Tiffany.
Speaker 3: He made he made me more.
Speaker 5: He meets a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Sorry, when you met her at a charity event, No, I know exactly who you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, Oh you do.
Speaker 8: I was like, I don't think we know her last name. So this means, okay, good you remember her?
Speaker 7: I yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: What'd you think?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't. I don't think it's for men.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he means a relationship means like the connection.
Speaker 7: That came out really wrong. Yeah, that came up. She was great. I was really into her. I got excited thinking, you know, maybe we could start dating casually.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, Oh, I mean you had those thoughts like that same night you're hanging out having drinks at a bar.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we had a really great time, and I kind of got a little invested a little bit.
Speaker 2: And I why don't understand because you, according to her, at least there, you haven't called her or texted her or reached out at all in the last few days.
Speaker 7: No, that's because I Okay, So we had a good time and then we said our goodbyes, and as I'm sitting in the parking lot in my car, I was you see who this girl is? So I hopped on social media and I looked her up. Okay, and she's in a relationship. Like what she's got like a serious guy.
Speaker 3: Are you sure you have the right Tiffany.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's yeah, yes, they're very recent some guy named Dirt and Dirt like all the comments are very supportive of their relationship.
Speaker 6: But it just doesn't make sense, like why, Like, if you're trying to cheat, you wouldn't call a radio show and have them do a second date.
Speaker 8: You know what I mean, You're gonna get discovered.
Speaker 7: I have no idea what's going on with her. You'll have to ask her because I'm just as confused.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that is kind of crazy your request.
Speaker 2: Let's just ask her right now because she is on the other line as we speak, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 7: Oh, don't tell her boyfriend?
Speaker 4: Yeah, excuse me. In this so called relationship post that you saw, did you see his face? And then you have the pictures?
Speaker 7: What I really don't even know. I can't remember. All I know is you were, you know, hugging on some guy. And there were a dozen or more comments under it. They were like, oh, congratulations, and.
Speaker 3: Well you're in a new relationship.
Speaker 7: This is a week ago, I know.
Speaker 8: But if people are.
Speaker 6: Saying congratulations, that means you've just got a boyfriend.
Speaker 5: Also, who calls congrats about a relationship?
Speaker 8: Everybody does, what do you mean? I'm in a relationship?
Speaker 1: Just no one to like the relationships?
Speaker 3: Weird down. Alexis is just coming on her friends with one of the puke emojis.
Speaker 2: Sorry, look what's going on with this post with you and Dirk?
Speaker 1: Is that a thing?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: You guys got something to conclusions? That's okay, it's not an official relationship. We are just soft launching it right now.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I don't understand.
Speaker 7: What what is she doing?
Speaker 6: You don't have thought launching soft launching That still means you're in a relationship. It means that you just don't want to announce it yet, like you're not ready to like reveal who it is.
Speaker 2: Well, she announced it on social media.
Speaker 4: His face is not in the photos. There's no start date to it. It's just a thought launch it's not official.
Speaker 7: Is she your boyfriend or like a DJ going on tour. I don't know.
Speaker 6: She's actually seen a restaurant that hasn't opened officially yet.
Speaker 7: I don't like, I don't understand this, Okay.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people are confused, Tiffany, can you like explain talk to Kevin a little bit, tell them what's going on.
Speaker 7: Okay, Hi, it's a good signay Hi.
Speaker 4: What you saw is not an official relationship. I would not be pursuing you if I was in an official relationship. We are just soft launching right now. It's very casual, and I would prefer to maybe like two three weeks or something soft launched with you. You're at the top of my.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 6: If you never show their face, you can replace it with anybody.
Speaker 7: I guess. I don't have no idea what she's talking about. It's how are you in a relationship and not in one? Well.
Speaker 2: It's like when a movie does like a pre screening to like a small audience before they officially release it to the world.
Speaker 1: It's not actually released.
Speaker 8: I did see a girl.
Speaker 9: Aley on social media almost a heart over a guy's face, and then the day they hard launched.
Speaker 8: Or whatever it's called. Weeks later, then she released his face.
Speaker 3: What happens with too many people take marketing classes at college?
Speaker 2: You are coming up next week, Timmy, I have a question. Does Dirk know he's been soft launched and not actually in a relationship that.
Speaker 5: You're talking to other dudes?
Speaker 4: That's not a Dirk business.
Speaker 8: Wait, yes it is. He's in a relationship.
Speaker 4: No, he is not in a relationship. He's in a soft launch face.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's using it right.
Speaker 4: Well, that's how dating works now. And Kevin, I'm honestly surprised. You're a bartender, like this is your world?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kevin, who knew that Tiffany would be the red frog?
Speaker 2: So but what you're saying is between Kevin and Dirk, you would prefer to be with Kevin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so. I think it was it kind of how the soft launch with Kevin goes. And just like the feedback I get on it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you're so many are on your instagration you follow you.
Speaker 2: Might get one more soft launch if Kevin, you'll agree to go out with Tiffany one more time, and we would pay for it.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's almost a competition.
Speaker 3: Kevin, can you get more likes than Dirk.
Speaker 7: That's what she was, you know. I don't know. I'm gonna have to think about this. Maybe she could send me her business plan so I can evaluate it.
Speaker 5: Is that a joke or are you being serious?
Speaker 2: I think he's Okay, this sounds insane to me. Okay, well, I guess I'm sorry, Tiffany. Kevin doesn't want to soft launch with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you.
Speaker 3: Still have Dirk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know I'm gonna unveil his elbow and his foot next week.
Speaker 9: Oh freaking Jeffrey in the morning.