Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heart Radio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi Catherine, Hi, how you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm good, Harry.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you what. I'm ready for school to start.
Speaker 3: You're I've never heard you say that ever, Like.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's because I'm doing the movie and there's just we're we're filming Saturday Sundays, and so it's I don't Everyone's like, oh, we can't. So we have Monday Tuesdays off. Everyone's like, oh, I can't wait for our weekend. I'm like, I don't get a weekend. Yeah, you know, you got the kids. I got you know, we got a podcast. I gotta do content stuff. So it's been it's been a little bit harder. As lovely as it is to come home to my bed at night, it's, you know, things don't stop here, right.
Speaker 1: It always seems I could be easier to not be here, uh huh, yeah, because then itoni.
Speaker 4: For the riding, because there's just so much responsibility here in the house. It's like, you know, you gotta got to handle all the things, right, and it's it doesn't that doesn't stop. Yeah, you know. So it's it's been, you know, and then Alan's in that town. So it's just it's a lot. It's been a lot, and then it's you know, on weekends, it's it's it's hard to.
Speaker 2: Find help too. Right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's so.
Speaker 4: I had he was gone and I had like three different people come over like our you're from this time of this time and this hand of and I'm just like, I don't want to be dealing with this while I'm like, yeah, working too, And that's just again it's the load that we carry, which is right, It's all good again. I love being able to come home to my bed and I look forward to my next.
Speaker 2: On set location.
Speaker 4: Right, Remind me this when I'm crying about missing the kids on location, it's like that that push and pull, you know, it's like you, I'm so much better when the kids are there with me, but I don't have the responsibility of everything here.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, And it's I think important to note you got you really have never had to go like into an office or I mean, which going on set is probably longer because it's like a.
Speaker 3: Twelve hour day.
Speaker 1: I mean, some people surely go into an office for twelve hours. I won't say that they don't.
Speaker 4: It's technically at like a fourteen hour day because we have two hours of hair and makeup.
Speaker 1: Before, right, Okay, so that's to not because I know a lot of people go into an office every day, have to come home and deal with the kids and do all of that. But generally it's more like an eight to five type situation and you're doing like a fourteen hour day.
Speaker 2: That's tough, like yeah, and you know, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean again, I'm sure some people do go into an office for fourteen hours.
Speaker 3: Sure, and that's hard, but that's just that's a lot.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: And then on the weekends now are our Monday Tuesdays, and so it's it's tough. And then you know at with Alan also gone, it's it's challenging. Yeah, yeah, for sure. But yay the movie so is going. Really, I'm enjoying the movie so much.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: We do have a heat and dex of like one hundred and ten.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be my next question.
Speaker 4: And we were filming outside the other day. I remember I looked at Ben and I was just like, it feels like we're in my sauna.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think that there's like an actual like warning today.
Speaker 4: Today, tomorrow, tomorrow, Wednesday. Yeah, yeah, and we're outside on Wednesday, yeah until Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do they like live by like a rule if it gets too hot you can't.
Speaker 4: They've moved a couple scenes inside, but I mean the scene we have on Wednesday, you can't really move inside. But what they have done is we Ben and I have a cooling car, so like the second day, yell cut, we're like like.
Speaker 2: Racing into this car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then we have I will say too, like before you know, the sticks come out, which is the thing that you know, starts the all the things. I won't put my jacket on until then. Yeah, Like well, I mean, I'm not putting on until we go.
Speaker 1: But how do they keep y'all from sweat like showing sweat? Well, because especially with the humidity, there's not much you can do about all the time.
Speaker 4: Reason the weird thing is I don't really sweat that that's good. And that's what I did the other night though, oh my goodness, I did. And then it was one of those scenes where I had this moment, you know how like when you're I don't know if you felt this way maybe, but when I I self deprecate myself so much sometimes where I'm sitting in the scene, and it's one thousand degrees because you can't have the AC on inside because the sound so the acs shut off were inside. It's so hot outside, so imagine what it's like inside this hot box, right yeah, and then you got the lights on you and the cameras right in your face, and it's supposed to be this emotional scene, and all I could think about was like, I'm going to pass out, like I am hot, and then and then it's like, you know, I got a cute I gotta whip up some emotion here, like real quick, you know.
Speaker 2: But it was one of those moments.
Speaker 4: It was like eleven forty five at night, and I was like, I don't have any emotion. I can cry with the best of them, and I am blank, I have no emotion.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're asking if I feel like that at times?
Speaker 2: Well no, but what I do is so what I started, I was like, I suck.
Speaker 3: I am the tech character as ever.
Speaker 4: I was like Ben is and he was Ben was looking man like he probably thinks I suck right now. He's like, oh my goodness, this girl is like the worst ever and so and then they're like action and I was like I got an O.
Speaker 2: Then I got Evan. You're gonna to give me a second and a fan stat.
Speaker 1: If you want a motion, give me a fan But I mean I did get there. I mean I guess everybody kind of. I mean I've never had that kind of situation, right, You're so good at what you do. No, because I've never done that. But but yes, like if I have to speak, and like when I used to be in an office and I'd have to speak in like a conference room with people, oh yeah, oh yeah, hey, I hated it would be oh yeah, you just like attack yourself.
Speaker 3: You're terrible to stop talking?
Speaker 5: Why are you still talking?
Speaker 2: That is my inner monologue in the scene we're at dinner. That was what I was thinking. I was like, you suck creamer.
Speaker 5: The problem is.
Speaker 2: Heard again, this is your last movie so much for like.
Speaker 5: Right sucks.
Speaker 1: The problem is I cry. Then I like get like mad, and then I cry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then mind you, I did, like I did get there. I did start like massively crying, and then of course when it's on his scene, I'm like weeping.
Speaker 2: Like I'm there.
Speaker 3: I How has it been with your co stars?
Speaker 4: I just love them. Kelsey Grammar was fantastic. He's so sweet. Ben is just a joy, Like he's so great. And what's really cool is like last night we him, his wife, and Alan and I went out to dinner and it's just it's like we've been old friends. It almost feels like he was a friend from high school. That's that's how like it feels. And then she's awesome, and yeah, we just had a really nice dinner last night. And he's so good that it's been really great to do scenes with. And obviously Karen's a dream. Everyone is a dream on set. It's really fun. Good. Yeah, I love that, really enjoying it. I just need school to I was like, school to start.
Speaker 3: I haven't gotmen there too. I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's time.
Speaker 4: It's just hot, like you know, I do cover start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, I know.
Speaker 1: I was fighting with my daughter earlier today and I was like, it's time to.
Speaker 5: Go to school.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I did tell you this, and I'll i'll explain it to you on the podcast. But I had this moment the other day with Jolie. Remember when I told you in my car? Yeah, and so I just want to talk about that because let's talk about it. I guess it's my I wouldn't say it's my wine about it, but it was Jollie. On top of all of this, my kids have been sick, so I've been, you know, taking care of them. The night before we filmed one of the days, Jace came in at one, two, three, Joy came in at four, and I was like, but of course, you know, you've got to mother them, and you know, I that was another reason why I was like so tired that day. I'm seah, but uh so they've been kind of sick. And so when I on Sunday, I went up there and I'm like, okay. I was like, I knocked on the door because really was watching TV and I said I knocked and she's like yeah, I go, oh hello. I was like, are you Jolie. I was like, I'm I'm doctor mom. Uh and she's like mom and I said, oh, that's so sweet.
Speaker 2: I'm not your mom.
Speaker 4: And I was like, but that's so sweet that you think that. I was like, so, what are your symptoms? And she's like, you know my symptoms and I'm like no, but I don't know your symptoms, Like what are you feeling? I'm like, I've got to rolla dex of supplements like gets like a little turned thing, and she goes, you're so annoying. But the way she said it, yeah, like really it hurts. And I turned around and go, oh, oh okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's your remote tren.
Speaker 4: And she kind of like looked at me like I'm sorry. I was like, no, no, no, it's fine, Like it's fine.
Speaker 2: Oh good, And I came downstairs and I started crying and I was like, what's wrong. I was like, I'm officially the annoying mom and it sucks.
Speaker 3: It sucks.
Speaker 2: I want to play make believe doctor and patient.
Speaker 3: They don't want to do that anymore.
Speaker 4: Like she's in fourth grade, and Pam and you guys were all saying fourth grade is when it when it starts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's not. They're not like little kids anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like Ramsey's already kind of been a little bit. I said something to her yesterday. I tried to say a word that, you know, like one of the cool words, and she just like looked at me and just stared and I was like not cool.
Speaker 3: And she's like I was like, okay, got it.
Speaker 5: So I mean it's tough, but I mean.
Speaker 2: Any tips because you have the older kids, so I do.
Speaker 1: I feel almost kind of removed from it in an odd way. And I think just because Ramsey has an older sister, we haven't really had that like make believe, like play like we don't really do that as much anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I feel a little removed from it.
Speaker 1: But I mean it's just the first time, and then you'll learn that it's like funny, you know what I mean, Like when they're like, Mom, that's so annoying.
Speaker 3: You're like, I know, I'm so annoying, Like you just up going with it.
Speaker 2: It wasn't it so annoying?
Speaker 3: You're so annoying?
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 1: Hurt Yeah, yeah, And I don't know if anyone, I don't know if they've said that to me.
Speaker 3: It's the eye roll for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's and at first it's like funny and at first it's like, oh, it's like hurt full at times, but then it's like I'm roll your eyes one more time, and oh it makes me.
Speaker 3: So mad, yeah, because I'm like, do not roll your eyes at me.
Speaker 2: I wonder how if.
Speaker 4: My response was wrong though what I did was, and maybe I shouldn't have done this, so how I don't help me out and maybe I'll bring it to Amy, but I don't know. The next day, I said, hey, you know what, baby girl, I said, it did actually hurt mommy's feeling when you called me annoying. I said, I was just really just trying to have fun with your baby girl. And she's like, I know, I'm sorry, mom, but I also don't want her to feel like she has to like watch my emotions. Yeah, but I don't want to be like a reaction like what you said actually did hurt mommy. So I'm like, I don't know. But then I'm like, well, I don't want her to feel so I And then I was like, oh, maybe I shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 2: That's I don't want her to.
Speaker 4: Be like I don't want her to people please me or make me happy because it's not about making me happy. But maybe it was just instead of saying And then I'm like, if you don't like that, say you know, I don't want to play make right, make believe, and okay, I can respect that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would like to know what people think about this. I again, right or wrong, I don't know. I'm a big proponent. And again, I was just arguing with my daughter earlier, and I am a big proponent of saying, hey, that hurt me.
Speaker 3: Okay, I do that now.
Speaker 1: That might be wrong, and maybe that is, but I like for them to know, like, I'm not mad at you, I love you, but that hurt my feelings or it hurts me when I ask you to do X, Y and Z, but you don't respect my wishes and you don't do what I've asked.
Speaker 3: I like to say that that's hurtful.
Speaker 4: So I agree, But my devil's advocate is that then are they going to make people pleasing because they're going to be so worried about hurting our feelings?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe yeah, maybe take it to the DM. But at the same time, you know, I would say that the one that that comes up the most with for me is Emmy, and she does worry about people's feelings a lot, and she is but she I wouldn't call her a people pleaser if her feelings are hurt. She's not afraid to tell people that her feelings are hurt. So but that might just be her personality, right, I don't know. That's hard to I would love to hear that too, because again, at the end of the day, we're just doing what feels right in the moment for us.
Speaker 3: And I don't know for sure.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's good for them to then for them to turn it on a situation like Emmy and going to either a friend or to me, maybe because because maybe you know, I've laughed at jokes that ended up not being funny to the kids, and so for her to be like, hey, mom, that hurt my feelings, I would want her to invite that exactly to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And that's kind of I think my thought process behind it same is not just I'm mad at you, you know, or you're in trouble.
Speaker 3: It's just like it actually hurts me when you.
Speaker 1: Do that, Like it actually like and I just again I had told her earlier, like I don't want to get you in trouble. I don't want to punish you. I want you to go and have fun and all the things, but there has to be repercussions when you don't do what I've asked, and that actually hurts me, It makes me sad.
Speaker 3: I tell her that all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So again, I don't know, Amy may tell you otherwise they were doing it all wrong, and I need to start over.
Speaker 2: I'm I tell you, it's gonna tell me I'm doing it wrong our comment box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I can't really start over at this point, and so it is what it is, and I can recorrect.
Speaker 3: I can write, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: But that's about it. Do we have a whine about it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, I not really know. I'm just kind of the same what we were talking about. I'm ready for school to start. I will say, Oh, this isn't even really a whine, but it's kind of sad, like, you know, we just got all our teachers last night, and literally, somehow every single one of Ramsey's friends are all in the same class. I don't even know how, Like I've never had this happen before.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And she's got not one person that she knows. And it's just been a struggle because she's like, man, fourth grade's going to be so bad, and I'm like, no, you're going to make new friends and she's like, man, really like one, Like we couldn't have one kid, you know. So that's been a little bit of what we've been dealing with the last couple of days. But yeah, I mean really It's just, you know, all the back to school stuff just makes me like, what about you?
Speaker 3: You gotta wine about it?
Speaker 2: I really don't.
Speaker 3: Besides you're annoying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw a headline Jessica Simpson peede her pants live on the Today Show.
Speaker 2: I saw that, so.
Speaker 4: She accidentally let loose in the Today Show. On Wednesday, the pop singer performed a medley as part of the NBC Breakfast Show Summer Concert series.
Speaker 2: But Page six years that after.
Speaker 4: The newlywed star returned backstage after her performance, She's spilled to people in the green room.
Speaker 2: It's pretty common.
Speaker 4: In fact, guests including Patti LaBelle, Fergie, Joe Jonahs, Ed Sheeran, and Hugh Jackman all have had on stage bathroom mishaps. She goes, I go down to the stage getting ready for my first number, and I'm like, I really need.
Speaker 2: To go again.
Speaker 4: But she stopped singing right in the moment she realized, the muscles you need to release order sing are the ones you do not want to release if you need to go.
Speaker 1: So I didn't realize that the muscles that you need to sing to release.
Speaker 3: To sing are not the ones if you need to go.
Speaker 4: I am not like a trained Have you ever had this? I personally never peed on stage.
Speaker 2: I might have maybe.
Speaker 3: Trickled a little.
Speaker 5: No, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Again, I don't.
Speaker 4: I can jump, I can jump, I can run, I can. I think it's because I've I had c sections.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I don't. Yeah, I mean stage.
Speaker 4: But also like I've never singing wise again, I'm not like.
Speaker 2: The vocal like she her range is insane, so I don't push like that. I might have barted by accident maybe one time, but like.
Speaker 3: I you know what I mean, that's pretty common.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, I have had a bandmate that has farted on stage and I've.
Speaker 2: Gone, that's we can smell it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 4: I mean I've puked on stage, but that was pregnant. Yeah, you know, I remember, Oh I was on remember yeah the morning show we.
Speaker 3: Did Yeah, uh huh?
Speaker 2: Whoof? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I feel could they tell, like could people see that she peede?
Speaker 2: I didn't see that part.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I mean I feel so bad for it.
Speaker 1: But again, I think that women know, especially ones that have had babies vaginally, that it's very common when you're laughing, when you know all the things to accidentally pee, but that would be I'd be mortified.
Speaker 2: Guys don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 3: No, they don't.
Speaker 1: They definitely do not and well mostly not paying on themselves.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 1: I remember that having this conversation oddly enough with Mike and Kayden about football and peeing on themselves. Oh, because I thought about it one day and I happened to be with Mike for some reason and Cayden, and I was like, what happens if you're like on the football field and you have to.
Speaker 4: Pee themselves pee themselves?
Speaker 1: I just don't think I could do that. I mean, if you have no choice, uh huh. And I don't know if it's like a lot of pe or if you just kind of like yeah, I mean, Kate, I guess he hasn't done it often, but it has happened.
Speaker 2: Couldn't you do that though?
Speaker 4: I mean, I get it if you're like a man, like you're out there and like playing football like that makes sense to me. But I don't know if I could ever just pee on myself.
Speaker 1: It has happened to me once. Speaking of TMI, I told you this story. I was in the school line, stuck in the car. You didn't have like a water bottle in your car. I had drank a tea, a loaded tea in those things make me have to pee so bad, And I was like, I can hold it. I can hold it, but you know, it gets really painful, like really painful when you have to hold your pee for so long.
Speaker 2: True, and it's also really not good for your block.
Speaker 3: I have never felt pain like this.
Speaker 1: And so I'm sitting here and I'm like, my house is across the street, you know, So I'm like, I could leave the car and I could run home. But the problem is exactly But the problem is I've waited so long. The cars are going to be moving soon, so I don't think I can make it there and make it back and my car will then we'll just be sitting there in the middle, right, And I eventually I actually peed on myself in the car, like you fully really.
Speaker 6: Not well yeah, nothing like now no nothing, no.
Speaker 1: Gatory bottle man me got in the car and I was like, sugguess what.
Speaker 5: Oh, she's gonna kill me for telling the story. She was mortified.
Speaker 1: Oh, I had no choice. It hurts so bad. So having said that, no, until I'm in a situation where.
Speaker 2: I that's funny, no choice?
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, yeah, so there's that too. I mean I'd like to think if I'm playing football that I would be able to hold it. But hey, I mean I think you get to a point.
Speaker 3: Sometimes where yeah. So yeah, that's my story that wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: I have a lot of questions. Skip on through.
Speaker 3: Sorry, next headline.
Speaker 2: Yeah she it.
Speaker 4: I mean I've had those moments where I want to do so bad and you get out of the car. You're like, I can't stand up straight to wak yeah to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: I was so close. Yep, just it happened.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 5: Maybe we'll cut that later.
Speaker 2: No, it's great. It's so good. It makes it because for all the other car line peers.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm talking about. You have to get in.
Speaker 1: There early or you don't get a good spot. So you're there for forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Right, so you know they can relate. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: Bring a bowl, bring well, a water bottle wouldn't work for us.
Speaker 4: I mean I think depending on what type of water bottle. Anyways, Okay. Jamie Lee Curtis says she's been self retiring for thirty years and prepping to get out of Hollywood. So she witnessed my parents lose the very thing that gave them their fame and their life and their livelihood when the industry rejected them at a certain age. I watched them reach incredible success and then have it slowly erode to where it was gone. And that's very painful, she says. I've been prepping to get out so that I don't have to suffer the same as my family did. I want to leave the party before I'm no longer invited. Have I thought thoughts starter? Have you thought about how you want would want to interacting career to end? Have you felt a shift in the industry as you've gotten older? How in would you like to retire from Hollywood? Are the goals to accomplished for a stoption day?
Speaker 1: I mean, essentially, as she's saying, she doesn't want to keep going for roles and not getting them, so she doesn't want to feel with that rejection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, essentially, she wants to get out.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's so many good roles, though they're far and few between, sure, but the older characters, and I think it comes in waves, like I think a lot of people at times want teen shows.
Speaker 2: Those become a big success.
Speaker 4: A lot of times people want the like mid forties, and then it's I do believe, I mean again very far in few between, but I think there are there will always be roles for her. That's the thing, Like she's amazing. When I look at myself, I'm like, all right, I know the roles in which I'll take will be different, but I still want to believe that it'll be there for me if I want it to be right, and it'll be a choice. Like for example, Kelsey Grammar is what's seventy years old. People like him they want to still act, but they don't have to still act, and they're still getting offers for things. Sure, you know, so I think, I know, I think I have got a good like ten years and then from there it's do I want to do? And honestly I want it to shift anyways, Like once my kids are older, I'd love to go into directing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's where and then making movies like that's kind of where my passion is. Maybe going to veer too and then still do things, you know, But I gotta get on a show before I retire.
Speaker 2: So if I'm eighty, I'm getting on a damn.
Speaker 5: Show, still going for that show.
Speaker 4: I'm still gonna go for that TV show. I will become a series regular again.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: It might take me till i'm eighty, but I'm.
Speaker 1: That'd be kind of fun, though, to be a series regular as an eighty year old.
Speaker 2: I really want to know your thoughts about this.
Speaker 4: Dak Shepherd says his kids are allowed to swear when it's called for and only in their house. He says, I fully swear in front of my kids. They are allowed to swear, not with impunity, but when it's called for it and they land it, and it's in the house and not out at a restaurant, it's okay.
Speaker 2: What he said.
Speaker 4: So what are your thoughts? Because I know you don't swear around your kids, but I feel like you know them lately.
Speaker 1: I do know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you were a big no no, or is a big no no because you would silence my voice memos.
Speaker 1: Yep, I still might silence them for other reasons. I'm just kidding. When they were younger, I didn't cut in front of them at all. As they've gotten older, I've started to I try not to in front of Ramsey, but it'll come out sometimes in front of the other kids. Do I allow them to just cuss? No, I will say the Literally. Yesterday in the car, it was just me, Nick, Kayden, and Emmy, which doesn't happen often, and Kayden was telling us a story and he, you know, said a few words repeating someone. It wasn't even like out of me, It wasn't. It was just repeating and he does it even kind of quietly, but like, I don't really care. I remember the first time Kayden said a cuss word in front of me, like as like a sixteen year old. Yeah, And I was like, oh, wow, like you just you know, like I was just surprised.
Speaker 3: But no, I mean we don't.
Speaker 4: We don't though, Yeah, I think you'd actually be surprised that I don't like to swear in front of my kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, well I think when you did, they were so young and now it's you see how easy it would be for them to just repeat it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Same like I remember when Jace if this is probably like a year or two ago, but he did say it in the right.
Speaker 2: Context, yes, shy, And I was like, well, I mean, if they've used it in the right.
Speaker 4: Context, but buddy, we can't say that right, Like, I'm they're too young for them to say in my house when they're sixteen. I think I still don't like Even just the other day in the car, Alan had dropped a couple of F bombs. I was like, babe, yeah, it's like yeah, make me yeah now, So I I really don't like it. I really don't like the h at E word. So that's that's like one hundred percent off the table in the house. When they say that, I'm like, nope, nope, nope, we dislike like, that's just I just don't like it. I think it's just too harsh. I would would rather than say like damn it as a post, but it's still there. I don't want them swearing, So for me swearing swearing, I don't and I tell them why it's yeah, I don't like it, but obviously if they get older, but still I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just it's like a respect thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and I don't like the one time Kayden said it just out of I was like, oh, and he's never done it again. We really just don't. I don't know that I've ever said the F word in front of them. Yeah, there's certain words we definitely like gd's off off table.
Speaker 3: The F word. I would, I would, I would be really mad.
Speaker 4: I drop shit when it's like I've I've dropped something and I don't meet, I'm like shit, and then I'm like sorry.
Speaker 3: You know, we say the.
Speaker 1: D word, I feel like a lot damn it, damn it. I feel like that comes out a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's nearly my.
Speaker 1: Like instead of like a oh shit, it'll be more like damn it, yeah or whatever. But no, I mean we generally don't. I don't think though, Like I'm not against. I don't know their ages. I don't know the ages of their kids. I think if taught properly, they'll probably have pretty good mouths outside of you know. I do think I can remember I was not allowed to say anything like at all, and then, you know, fifth sixth grade, I was like, oh, it's so cool to cuss that cost all the time outside of the home. So I think that there can be a happy medium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think in their house, like they're so they talk about a lot of feelings stuff like that, I think they're handling it, yeah, how they want to handle in their house and that's.
Speaker 1: And as long as they know like not to say it outside of the home, I think that that can work exactly.
Speaker 4: Hey, ladies, I'm currently in my second marriage. My husband is kind, emotionally available, and would communicate way better than I've ever than I ever did in my first marriage. That said, I still struggle sometimes with fully trusting that things will last. My first marriage ended badly with infidelity, emotional distance, the works, and even though I know my new husband is different, I find myself bracing for something to go wrong. I hate that I carry that baggage into what is but by all accounts, a healthy relationship. How do I stop letting my past sabotage what I have now? Is it normal to still feel guarded even when you know you found a good person?
Speaker 2: I mean, I.
Speaker 4: Think it's incredibly normal to feel that. Having said that, I feel like if he's showing you a different version, you have to try to separate what was your last marriage to this marriage.
Speaker 1: Do you ever feel that way even though you know deep down.
Speaker 4: That I literally trust Alan? Did you get the email about bumble? Someone send you an email? Someone DM me and goes someone's impersonating. Remember how there was this thing going around being like, oh, Alan is on a dating app, and Alan and I were like joking about it, okay, like it's hilarious, But I wouldn't even look into that. Now in past years past, sure, I would have one thousand percent and looked into it. I mean, like he what I think we caught him at one time or something, Remember was something that was on his computer that you found or like Jana, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, no.
Speaker 3: No no, I was like, are we ignoring this?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: And so since someone was like, yeah, there's a fake bumble account going around and they're using his picture, They're like, I've emailed the takat, but it's like I don't even like, there's no piece of me that's like, Kat, did you get the email?
Speaker 1: Oh I don't think I got this email, but I'm going to go look for it.
Speaker 4: But either way, like I there's not a piece of me that's yeah, like if it was to fall apart, I mean, it would obviously be devastating, but I I just know that this is so different than my last one that I don't want to put any of that. Like I have stressed my cortisol levels out to the max, Like I I know what I have in front of me, and I know we have, you know, our own set of you know, challenges right like every other marriage, but that I've got a partner that is willing to be respectful, loving and isn't going to walk away, Like obviously that's his choice if he ever chooses one day. But it's again, it's not something that I'm fearful of. Yeah, and again I trust him, and so I don't. I think when we started dating in the beginning, sure that was a fear, but then just going to what is my big thing was what is in front of me right now?
Speaker 2: What is the truth today? Not the past you know, years ago.
Speaker 1: So so you don't even though you trust him, and like with what this person is saying, do you ever have a hard time though, just believing that it's gonna last because things haven't lasted before.
Speaker 4: Well, they haven't lasted because they weren't real, right, they weren't honest, they weren't respectful. We have everything to last, right, right, So I didn't have anything to hold on to in my last marriages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's why it's so different.
Speaker 4: So it's like hold on now, to what you know to be the truth of what you do have. Is their respect, is their love, is their care is there you know, do you guys.
Speaker 2: Stick it through through the conflict.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, so, And that's having faith in your relationship and not just looking at the things that have happened to you, the things that you have failed at, the things that like I'm saying, if she feels like she has failed at something before, and looking at the relationship and trusting that relationship not just this isn't gonna last because things haven't lasted before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, well, of course things didn't last last time. Sure, what do you say? It was emotional distance and fidelity. Of course it didn't last. But if your marriage is healthy, respectful now, then it should last.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you should rest in that. That's the thing.
Speaker 4: It's like rest like have your heart rest in that you have something so different, like what a blessing? The amount of times I've repeated past why things didn't last past last night? That's good advice. Yeah, yeah, thanks, it's good. Well, we'll see you next week, all right, even when the kids are in school.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.