Speaker 1: You good.
Speaker 2: Some boys watch sports song, boys play sportslot.
Speaker 3: These two don't play.
Speaker 2: These two boys will save their pennies two by special Kya because they are listing in a Cereal boat reviewing cereals. Is there goal Scott and Andrew living in a Cereal boat, critiking some new ones and some oak. Yeah, in a Cerreal serial serial Cereal serre.
Speaker 1: In a Cereal Scott to start the podcast, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to stop it.
Speaker 1: That's to stop by you.
Speaker 4: That it's just gonna stop.
Speaker 1: We're limited on time with our guests and you're ruining it.
Speaker 4: Okay, great, I stopped it. Hey, welcome to Serial Killers. This is episode twenty two. Excited to be here with special guest star Danielle Monaro. In just a second, I just need to explain to you how we do it. I'm Scotty B.
Speaker 1: I'm Andrew, and I'm Danielle.
Speaker 4: Yes, and this is Serial Killers with us C. It's the podcast about Cereal. Oh and Gandhi's about to walk.
Speaker 3: In Serial Killers.
Speaker 4: That's okay, Well, you don't want to be here. This is a healthy episode. Yeah right, I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to be here either for this episode.
Speaker 4: So here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna review generally. What we do is we do one classic cereal and one brand new cereal. Okay, and we rate them with bowls and spoons. Okay, so the rating scale goes from one spoon all we up to five bowls. A spoon is a half a ball, so if you like something a little bit, it'd be about two balls in a spoon. Something like that. You'll see as we go along.
Speaker 1: Okay, it makes more sense.
Speaker 4: We're pretty out of our minds, all right. So we promised a healthy episode, so this is gonna be a sort of healthy episode.
Speaker 3: Why do I have to be part of the healthy episode? I like the crap too, you know.
Speaker 4: Don't worry. We may have some crap for you.
Speaker 1: He always has an unhealthy like option, so don't worry.
Speaker 4: Okay. So I went shopping yesterday and here's the one that I want to start with. Let me just play you the commercial.
Speaker 5: Oh here we go, morning, ladies, like to see how your cereals stack up? The total lovely idea. To get the vitamins in one bowl of total it takes almost three bowls of special.
Speaker 4: Kg pat the old brand Glorian.
Speaker 5: Takes four bowls of that.
Speaker 3: That's why I like shredded wheats, and.
Speaker 5: You'll have to eat twelve bowls.
Speaker 4: You better loosen your girdle, Margaret.
Speaker 5: Total has of nine vitamins in iron and is rich in calcium.
Speaker 4: I've always preferred Total.
Speaker 5: Mind is Total a stack of nutrition in just one bowl.
Speaker 4: Remember this, I remember this.
Speaker 1: That makes two people that know and I have no clue.
Speaker 4: So that's like, that's a commercial from the eighties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's old.
Speaker 4: Andrew's like two.
Speaker 1: I wasn't born. When were you born, Andrew nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're so young.
Speaker 4: So there used to be a commercial, a whole series of commerce shoals like Total was supposed to be this healthy cereal and it didn't. You know, other cereals didn't stack up to it, so you'd have to eat ten balls of all brand in order to get one bowl of Total. So yeah, but those commercials are not around anymore, and Totals just gross. It's basically just raisin bran without raisins.
Speaker 3: It's not good.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you know what, I don't may have never had Total ever in my life.
Speaker 1: I actually think raisin bran without the raisins would be delicious.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what this smells like.
Speaker 1: Ill it kind of smells like the cardboard pizza box.
Speaker 3: Oh, it does, whole brain total. This is what you had me in here for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it just it smells like raisin bran with no raisins. So it's just boring old flakes. Normally, we do like really sweet cereals with marshmallows and all kinds of great stuff marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Okay, well have the marshmallows.
Speaker 3: Can't they do total with marshmallows?
Speaker 4: Okay, So here are your spoons and here are your cups. We have one percent milk today?
Speaker 3: Okay, wonderful. Did we have two percent yesterday?
Speaker 4: So in the beginning we would use skim milk because you know, we always thought that was the healthiest. But apparently there's a lot more sugar and skim milk to make up for not in it. Yeah, so we use one percent.
Speaker 1: He makes up facts as he goes along.
Speaker 4: No, this is actually true. But you know me, I love sugar, so I should be using skim milk. Anyway, So here's your here's your total. Let's say your whole grain total from General Mills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead, getting ready.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have no taste that cardboard.
Speaker 4: I actually don't mind this, but Gloria and Gertrude like it.
Speaker 3: Why would you eat this like? I would rather use something else, like, I don't like this, it's bad.
Speaker 1: I really like the flavor.
Speaker 3: Flavor, no flavor.
Speaker 1: There's a little bit of something. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 4: This with chocolate marshmallows would be a five bowler.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, this is not even a spoon.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's that low. Look at you.
Speaker 3: Maybe a spoon and just a spoon, just a spoon.
Speaker 4: That's like a half a star. So I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm really enjoying this mine. Okay, this is a relief after eating s'mores or sugar smar.
Speaker 4: Don't say that. You just ruined everything. We've never had smores. Say something else, Andrew, Well.
Speaker 7: You've now made things awkward, so let's continue. No, I was going to cut that part out, Andrew, no post production. Okay, anyway, I don't have those oreos, So I'm going to give it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to give it two balls. It's not terrible, but I wouldn't buy.
Speaker 1: It three bowls in a spoon. I like that.
Speaker 3: I eat that, I'll give it a bowl and a spoon.
Speaker 4: Okay, a ball in a yeah, okay, all right, so hold on this box. I had a hard time getting it off the shelf because it was really heavy. So let me go on, somebody, let me go to my cereal sack.
Speaker 3: Hold on a brand.
Speaker 1: That's what we when Scotty goes down in.
Speaker 4: His all right, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not even eating that. I am not even truck.
Speaker 4: This is all Brand from Gullogs. Andrew said that. Andrew said that we eat all crap, so I have to do a healthy episode. I don't want to do a healthy episode kills someone with this box, You are right, wait till we get grape nuts. That's twice as heavy.
Speaker 1: I have never had All Brand before.
Speaker 3: This is like Grandma Cereal, so I can put better.
Speaker 4: You know, what's actually good is crackling oat brand is good. It's a little bit are the circle square squares. But let's just bang through this because I.
Speaker 3: Don't think I've ever tasted this in my life.
Speaker 4: I don't think I have anything. Basically, you just kind of had the flake version of it.
Speaker 1: So the box makes all Brand look like it's like a hash brown. But like the Christy top.
Speaker 4: You could wait, you could choke on these, There's no doubt. Look at them. They look like animal feed.
Speaker 1: I don't like the smell.
Speaker 3: I think this is what you feed your cat.
Speaker 4: Right, But here, here's the here's the strange thing. Cookie crisp tricks, Lucky Charms. Second ingredient sugar, All Brand, second ingredient sugar. I don't understand. So it's not I mean, it's just got a bunch more healthy crap in it, but there's still sugar. Is a second ingredient?
Speaker 3: Is the second ingredient in total? Is it sugar?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Really?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 3: Because I don't taste it?
Speaker 4: Right? They say, yeah, here it is whole grain wheat sugar and then corn syrup. I don't understand it. They say that like the like if the sugar is like the third or fourth ingredient down, then it's better for you. And I haven't been able to find one of those yet, so I.
Speaker 1: Don't like it. Even sounds like cat food being put in the cup.
Speaker 4: It's bird nest.
Speaker 3: It sounds like the crunchies I give my cat, Diggy and Fred.
Speaker 4: All right, get ready for All Brand?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, this is exciting.
Speaker 4: You're happy to come to this came on a great day, Danielle.
Speaker 3: I use the same spoon spoons.
Speaker 4: It's not I don't even know where it is is. It sinks to the bottom. It's so heavy. Ready, okay, cheers, go through it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's sucking my throat.
Speaker 4: Oh I just spit everywhere. There's all brandon my keyboards.
Speaker 3: You can't even show one.
Speaker 4: That's terrible.
Speaker 1: It tastes like buttered toast, but in shredded form, but.
Speaker 3: Would be good right now?
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, what's next? That's just terrible. Well that's it. There's two boxes I give this. Oh yeah, we gotta rate it. We have to rate it a spoon.
Speaker 3: Not even a spoon. This is not even a negative spoon.
Speaker 4: Are you allowed to give it nothing? We've done nothing, right, I don't think so. Yeah, I think you could do nothing.
Speaker 3: If you want, I can give it nothing.
Speaker 4: That is so.
Speaker 3: I'm going over there getting those oreos.
Speaker 4: You know. But I think maybe you could like snack out of the box.
Speaker 3: No, not no, this is like horse pellets.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm gonna say one bowl horse.
Speaker 1: Hold on Serial Killers listener request, all right, wait before he continues, what we don't actually get listeners.
Speaker 4: Yes we do, we absolutely have you seen have you seen our Twitter feed?
Speaker 3: We do the listeners.
Speaker 4: Well, the listener request on this one is from Daniel Minaro. She's at Daniel Manarow on Twitter and she requested this.
Speaker 3: What I regrett?
Speaker 4: Fuck? Yes, honeymade's more cereal from posts.
Speaker 3: Okay, put that in a cup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so let's turn this crap episode upside down and add some sugar and marshmallows. Oh, hold on, I have to do the Scotti shake first. You know, the Scotti shake.
Speaker 3: Is Scotty shake.
Speaker 4: I have to evenly distribute the marshmallows very good throughout the box.
Speaker 1: It doesn't actually work, Yes it does. Yeah, I still have the taste of the all brain.
Speaker 4: I have brand chunks stuck in the back of my throat.
Speaker 3: We don't have something like Sherbert to cleans our paladin.
Speaker 4: I told you lemon storbet is what we need in.
Speaker 1: Here, to be honest. Remember when I said my chest hurt like after eating the uh kick it out? Was it the frosted miniweets with the raspberry?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Same thing, right, Yeah, I think I'm allergic to whatever this is.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's cut my throat like I swallow, but it didn't all go down.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is nasty, is all right? Well sorry Kellogg's, you know, yeah, all right, so when you're.
Speaker 1: Old, you just lose all taste and you're like, yeah, this will do.
Speaker 3: But even when you have dentures, I don't think you can chew this. No, it's very thick.
Speaker 4: All right, we're off of that. Here's what the smores looks like to me. To me, this smores looks like golden Grams with cocoa puffs and some and marshmallows. That's pretty much what it looks like. I'm ready. There was you, Danielle. You probably remember back in the eighties when we were kids. Yeah, there was a Smore cereal. It was in a teal colored box and it was called s'mores and it was delicious. I want to say Kellogg's made it, but I'm not quite one hundred percent sure. And then there was another one if you remember General Mills product called Rocky Road. Oh I do remember that, and there were these kind of mar cereal chunks with chocolate covered marshmallows. That was my It was like candy for breakfast. It was literally candy for breakfast they got rid of it. Yeah, all right, so, oh my god, my nose is running.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's from the brickish.
Speaker 4: Explicit. There we go. We have to put the on it. Yeah, did you have it? All right? So here you go. There'sores. I feel like even my you gotta keet that brand off of there. All right, you're ready? Hold on? Here we go, one, two, three?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Oh this is amazing.
Speaker 4: I got a whole moon of marshmallows and I don't care.
Speaker 1: Really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm in.
Speaker 3: Oh this is really good. But what's so good about it?
Speaker 5: Too?
Speaker 6: Like the little cinnamon things mixed with the just the chocolate, a little crunchy marshmallow.
Speaker 3: It's a good texture.
Speaker 4: I love it feeling.
Speaker 1: It's a perfect combination of everything. I would agree to that and this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's wonderful. I don't think we've ever done a second cup, have we. There you go.
Speaker 3: I love that you just threw it all over Andrew.
Speaker 1: He doesn't care about me on this podcast.
Speaker 4: I have been waiting all day because I knew this was coming.
Speaker 1: Honestly, like, I've never had the cereal before. It may be one of my new favorite.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh. I would buy this in the store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, but.
Speaker 4: Wait till it's on sale.
Speaker 3: What is the least amount you've ever paid for a box of cereal?
Speaker 4: Twenty five per cent for ceerios twenty five cents?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what's the emotion'll ever pay?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I told this story a couple of weeks ago when we did the peanut butter Explosion episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, awful cereals, Not true.
Speaker 4: I really needed Nutter Butter because that's one of the most pure peanut butter cereals there is. And it was four ninety nine for the box, straight up full price, no coupon. Everything I was It was like foaming at the mouth when I was at the register. It was just terrible. But I had to do it for the sake of the show.
Speaker 1: Oh he's committed.
Speaker 3: So what do you give this?
Speaker 1: I give this four bowls?
Speaker 3: What's the most I can give it?
Speaker 4: Five?
Speaker 3: I'm giving it five balls.
Speaker 4: Very good, This is good. First time the first cereal gets a spoon and this one gets five balls. Look at it. I'm gonna go four bowls and a spoon once Moores. I do really like it. However, I'm not. I don't love love the gram pieces like, I'm not a huge fan of golden grams. I do. I mean it, Stop looking at me like that.
Speaker 1: Good, They're delicious, understand I get.
Speaker 4: It, but again, you have to be in the mood for that gram flavor, and it's good. But I'm not roasting this over a fireplace. So it's not like a s'mooresmore, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Well, what you wouldn't put a smore smore in a cereal in Milkah?
Speaker 1: Do you want it to come with a lighter?
Speaker 4: Yes, you make your own sort cereal. I will finish the cup and I will give it four and a half boths for both. No, I'm having a stroke.
Speaker 1: I think, did you finish the All Brand two?
Speaker 4: I ate more than you did.
Speaker 1: That's what he does this. He's like, I didn't like it, but then eat the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is a waste of crappy food.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, I'm gonna put the rest in my bird feeder when I get home. Seriously. Yeah, all right, well let's end with this.
Speaker 2: I guess what's gonna be?
Speaker 3: Will tell you what's sire?
Speaker 1: Jel been like?
Speaker 4: All that was for Danielle because she never heard that. But look at that daniel Wow, so hey, thank you for listening. It's Serial Killers. This was episode twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's some crazy right there?
Speaker 3: Did I listen to this?
Speaker 4: We recorded it Arizon like three weeks so you don't forget, you'll forget all about it. So please follow us on Twitter serial Killers PC. That is Cereal with the C and Andrew tell them other stuff to do.
Speaker 1: Make sure you click the subscribe button wherever you're listening to this podcast. We're on the Google play Store, iHeartRadio Apple. Just click the subscribe button. Whenever new episodes are posted, they show up right in your feed. You don't even have to worry about going to the place to go listen to your podcast because it's already there for you.
Speaker 3: There is by the cereal.
Speaker 4: There is mushy regurgitated all brand all over the studio. It is so disgusting.
Speaker 1: How did you enjoy your time on our podcast?
Speaker 3: I had a great time.
Speaker 4: I helpe.
Speaker 3: I'll be invited back, of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So follow me Ze Scottie B, follow Andrew Andrew Pug and follow Danielle at Danielle Monaro and until next time. Oh, Danielle, you don't know what we do at the end, Dan, you have to say we say crunch all together. Yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 3: It's real cheese at radio. Daniel Manarrow on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm sorry you have you had all different handles with somebody has okay, okay, all right, Well until next time, thanks for listening and crunch.
Speaker 1: It's the cheesiest thing.
Speaker 3: I love it.