Speaker 1: Hi, get everybody. I'm Dan Hoard and thanks for downloading The Bengals Booth podcast. The Pee will Talk. In addition, as Bengals dot Com editor Jeff Hobson joins me for an in depth discussion about free agency, the draft, and how the national media treats the Bengals. The Bengals Booth Podcast is brought to you by pay Core, Proud to be the Bengals official hr software provider, by Ulta Fiber futureproof Fiber Internet designed to elevate your home, business and community to a new level, and by Kettering Health the best care for the best fans. Kettering Health is the official healthcare provider of the Bengals. Now here's a quick reminder that you can have the latest edition of this podcast delivered right to your phone, tablet, or computer by subscribing wherever you get your podcasts. It's the greatest thing since Project game Day. That's day spelled d ey. Project game Day is an organization dedicated to sending people with disabilities and military veterans to Bengals games. It's a great cause and if you would like to support it, they've got a fundraiser coming up on April twenty fifth, the second night of the draft. The event will take place at the Falling Warehouse in Cincinnati and for thirty bucks, folks will enjoy foling a game that combines football and bowling, along with great food from GoldStar Chili and Midwest Best Barbecue. There will also be auctions and raffles for Bengals collectibles, and safety Jordan Battle is scheduled to make an appearance again. The event will take place at the Falling Warehouse on April twenty fifth, the second night of the draft. For more information, go to the Project Game Day Again. That's Dey Facebook page. Now time to talk football and get a rant off of my chest with Bengals dot Com editor Jeff Butch Hobson. All right, but you want to start with a media rant in this podcast. When the Bengals were still negotiating with Jamar and t numerous national commentators kept saying that the Bengals would never get it done because, as we've heard many times over the years, the Bengals are too cheap. Then, before the ink was even dry on the contract extensions, the narrative change. Do they spend too much on two wide receivers or the contracts aren't as good as they appear to be. Am I being a total homer to think that the Bengals are treated more harshly by the national media than any team in the NFL.
Speaker 2: You know, Hordy welcome. I guess we're both at home because I just texted a national calumnist that I highly regard and I find him very good. And he wrote in his column that the Bengals have done. The Bengals did nothing before Joe Burrow was here, and they did these uncharacteristic deals. And I texted a guy said, look, I love you, but in the fifteen years before Burrow got here, they went to seven playoffs. They won four divisions, and yes, they didn't want a playoff game. But also in that stretch, they made Casson Palmer the highest paid player. They made Willie Anderson the highest paid tackle twice in history. They made AJ Green and Geno Watkins top three paid players at their position. And you know, he wrote back, Oh, I'm not saying, you know, I think my final shot was you know, I get it, but you know we aren't the Browns and the Jets, which is where we seem to be lumped. And I'm with you. It's these national drive buys that I don't quite get. But then he also, you know it can stend, it can extend here too. I mean, I've been reading where this is going to. This has to be a generational draft, and it's important, especially now because of how the contracts are structured. You know, with with you know, you've got to pay younger guys. But I mean, you know, it's not an AJ Green, Andy Dalton, Joe Burrow to Higgins draft. I mean, you know, yeah, they got to add an edge and they got an add an added defensive tackle. But this is not a This is not a team riddled with holes.
Speaker 3: You described a lot of their own players that they've retained with big contracts, but they've also been one of the more active teams in the NFL and pre agency over the last five to ten years. We can run off the list, DJ Reeder, Trey Hendrickson, Orlando Brown Junior, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Now that they've given these gigantic.
Speaker 3: Extensions to Joe Burrow last year, Jamar and t this year.
Speaker 4: When will the word cheap go away? Doesn't do?
Speaker 3: You have to win a Super Bowl before people start calling stop calling you cheap.
Speaker 2: I think you win one and you're still going to be cheap. I think these are these are tags that unfortunately hang with you. But you know, if you win a Super and but we were, But I saw these stories two years ago. Hey, you can the Bengals are proving you can win with a small but good scouting staff, and you can win with uh, you know, reasonable free agent deals, and you can win by drafting and developing. You know, that was just two years ago. So I mean, I don't know, I don't know what. Well, I know what happened. They went nine and eight and nine and eight, that's what happened. But I mean that's uh, that's still that still shouldn't change the thing that they're that that they've been successful in most NFL teams in this century. I mean that's just the fact.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope that winning a Super Bowl changes the national narritive because I think they're going to win one in the next few years.
Speaker 4: And the Joe Burrow era.
Speaker 3: I've maintained that since the day that they drafted him, and I still believe it to be true, hopefully this year. In Santa Clara, speaking of Joe Burrow, bis as far as I can tell you are the only reporter that talked to Joe after Jamar and T were extended.
Speaker 5: How would you describe the conversation. H It was a typical Borough conversation. It was to the point, and uh, he was happy.
Speaker 2: Uh when he said, I knew I was pretty confident we were going to get Jama done, but I knew T was going to be a big lift. And uh, I think we all agree with that, because you know, T was you know, can you sign both? You know, how can you sign both these guys? How can you make Jama the richest non quarterback and then and still fit in another elite receiver? I think everybody one that wandering about that, you know, particularly you know Joe, and I think that's he was.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I wouldn't say he was relieved or anything like that, but I think he thought. I think, you know, he acted like he did, you know that night in Dallas, that Monday night in Dallas. He you know, I'm confident we can do it, and you know he's he's right, you know, and he turned out to be right. But yeah, he was. He was classic Joe. It was like talking to him, you know, after the AFC championship game in Kansas City, except there was no cigar.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 3: Mind have been a cigar later for all we know, since they got those deals done. As I tell people when they asked me about dealing with Joe, he's not one that wants you to linger and chit chat. If the topic is the Bengals, his teammates, whatever, he will do his job and do it well and give you what you need.
Speaker 2: He was. He was pleasant, he said, Hobbes see seeing in a couple of months. So but he was he is. Uh, he has earned some well deserved aarron I but you know he's gonna be you know, wherever he is, he's going to be working and throwing too. I mean, that guy's a The thing about Jamar and t and Jamar and Joe, you know, they they're always going to be joined at the hip, even when they have the bus and can't you know they're going to have the bus right next to each other. But there's they apposed the game the same way. You know, they're just they're football aholics, you know what I mean. I mean they're both Jim rats, you know what I mean. And so it's uh, I think I think that's why they're so close. It's just because they they're wired the same way. And I got that sense as Joe was, you know, leaving that you know he was he was, he was like he was going to work and he'll come back and he'll be ready to go at the end of April or May or whenever they come in.
Speaker 3: All Right, when I run into Bengals fans, I've been getting two big questions over and over again. Number One, will they be able to keep Trey Hendrickson. Here's the tricky part as I see it, You've got four edge rushers making thirty four million dollars or more per year, Miles Garrett, Denil Hunter, Max Crosby, and Nick Bosa.
Speaker 4: Then there's this.
Speaker 3: Huge drop off two guys making roughly twenty eight million or a little bit less, including TJ. Watt, former NFL Defensive Player of the Year, who's the same age as Trey. I can understand Trey wanting to be paid like those four guys making thirty four plus, but I don't think it's unreasonable of the Bengals maybe try to negotiate something closer to the TJ.
Speaker 4: Watt number.
Speaker 3: My hope is that the two parties can find something that works for both of them. But it is kind of strange that you have this huge six million dollars between a handful of guys and another group of guys who are great players.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's pretty clear he wants to be here, and it's pretty clear. I think these guys want them back too. That's pretty clear. So I mean, I think that's to I think the difficult tide is done. It's just uh coming to that number, whatever that number is, and it's uh, you know, Hendrickson is is you go back and you have to put him? I mean greatest free you know, if we're talking about free agents, greatest free agent signing, right, I mean, I think DJ readers pretty you know is I mean, is close. But here's a man who, you know, the last two years, he's he's had the most sacks of anybody in the league. I mean, so, you know, I mean, I think I think he wants to I think Trey wants to finish it. I think he wants to be in the Ring of Honor. I think he I think he believes he's a mangalful life. He's a very passionate guy, so that an emotional guy and I just that's what makes him great. And you just you've got to believe that you know something, something is gonna you know, I hate this roll out, the Raphael Devers Alex Brigman thing, but but you knows where's Dever's going to play? Is Bregman going to switch positions? Is it will work out, It will work out. And the same thing with Higgins and with Higgins and Chase it will work out, it will work out. And this is with Hendrickson. I'm going to drop the Deva's Bregman line here. It's going to work out. I don't know how, but I mean, I think it's going to work out where both sides can be happy.
Speaker 3: A lot of people question how wise it is to pay a pass rusher who's going to be thirty one at some point this season, and I get it, it's fair to bring that up. The thing that I would stay about Trey is that he's playing his best football ever at his current age seventeen and a half sacks each of the last two years. I'm sure there's going to be some drop off that's natural, but I don't think he's going to drop off the cliff. And if these assemblance of his current level in the next two or three years, however long an extension would be, that's still really good to help you win the AFC North and contend for a Super Bowl title.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the things that make him great, you know, I mean that that first step is that is that? Is that gonna?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 2: Does that? Wayne? You know? Does that Wayne? Through time? Or I mean I think a lot of that is knowing your opponent, knowing how they're playing you, anticipating the snap count. You know. I'm not sure that stuff, you know, leaves you when you hit a wall, you know what I mean? And uh so, I think plus it's is you know, Tray Hendrickson is going to be really is going to be relentless and anything he does, whether he's whether he's thirty or ninety, and he'll always have that. And that's the number one part of his game. Is he never stops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not going away. I don't see him playing until least ninety. But we'll take him for a few more years, that's for sure, all Right. The second question, and I'm getting over and over from Bengals fans, as will they sign another veteran guard? They signed Lucas Patrick. They'll be thirty two in July. It's got sixty four careers starts under his belt. You had a great stat in one of the things you wrote on Bengals dot Com. He has not given up a sack in his last eight hundred and ninety three patch blocking snaps, which is a great stat.
Speaker 4: If nothing else, he adds great veteran.
Speaker 3: Depth, But there are still guys out there who have a better track record than he does.
Speaker 4: Branded Sheriff has been on.
Speaker 3: Multi time pro bowler Will Hernandez was really good before he suffered a knee injury. Do you think another guard is coming or do you think this is the group they're going to have with the possibility of adding a draft pick to compete for a starting spot.
Speaker 2: Well, with these two deals, and you know, and with Hendrickson getting a raise, you know that that number can't be a big number, you know. And I do think a veteran god is coming. But my sense will come after the draft, you know. For all we know they'll draft two guys, you know. I mean, I'm not sure. We'll see what the draft, you know, We'll see what the draft gives them, and then I think maybe if they feel like they got to go back. You know. I think in the market that they that they would and they might get one of those guys at the at a pretty good price, you know, And I think that's how you have to that's how they have to approach it. I mean, I mean, people can you know, moan all they want about, Oh, they should have structured it so you know, they could have got more free agents this trip. Well, A, I don't think they were infatuated by the crop of free agents, and B you're not going to be saying that in twenty twenty six when you got to cut one of them, you know, because they're tap number ballooned in the out years, because you wanted to do something now. So I think that and I think they knew that when they I think, you know, this has been part of the plan when they when they scouted this free agency class and they scouted the draft class. And so from what I understand, it's pretty good on guards. You know, there's some there's some you know, some pretty good guard prospects. So yeah, I would expect another veteran to come in. But I'm thinking maybe maybe after the draft.
Speaker 3: The Jamar and t extensions obviously commanded most of the attention, and for good reason, But those are not the only free agency moves that they've made. Internally, they hold onto Joseph O's side, b J Hill, Cam Sample, Mike Kasiki, Cody Ford, and some others UH free agents from other teams.
Speaker 4: We mentioned Lucas Patrick.
Speaker 3: They're bringing in linebacker Orrin Berks, defensive tackle TJ. Slayton, some I J. P. Ryan is back and we're happy to have him back on the roster. What's the best move in your opinion of those other moves aside from Jamar and Tink.
Speaker 2: I think it's got to be Koseki. But I also so would I think if I could just say something about Osai and Sample, I think the UH, the coaches, the new coaches. I think that you know, the the scouts, the in the front office listened to the new coaches, and when they watch tape, they they're impressed with Joseph Osai, They're impressed with Cam Sample. So you never get any credit for in free agency when you sign your own guy back in free agency, you don't get credit for that.
Speaker 4: But in lessons like at Jamar and t that's a different level.
Speaker 2: Right, But you know, you know, but Osai you know, to me, that's a good getting free agency because he finished the season terrific. And I and people forget this, but in twenty twenty two, and I think this is what a guy like Jerry Montgomery is looking at and Al Golden is looking at on tape, they're looking at uh. You know that last stretch of twenty twenty two, he was Joseph Osai was tremendous, and he was playing with a with a torn labram who was playing hurt. He played the best ball of his career. And I think there's a sense that Joseph you can do a lot with Joseph OSII. That the that he'll be the beneficiary of a new scheme and and get a breath of fresh air with a new staff. That's not saying anything about the old staff, but you know how it is. Get to get you get a uh, get a new situation, you get revived a little bit. I mean, I remember, you know, the first third down of the Buffalo playoff game in the snow, Joseph Osai on third and six is rushing inside and question was right in Josh Allen's face. The force and the completion and kind of set the tone. Well, I didn't see him line up inside very much last year. You know, maybe this is something he can do. So you know, I think the second's the best move other than team in jama But you know, to get a guy like Sample is the most versatile defensive lineman. I mean I talked to two people. I've talked a couple of people said the two biggest injuries for them last year with the injury to Dak Still in the injury to Camp Sample, the two most visatle defensive players. So I think Sample is a good get too.
Speaker 4: I think TJ.
Speaker 3: Slayton, for me, is the greatest pickup they've made, certainly from another team. That's the guy that they've desperately missed, just that gigantic and movable guy in the middle of the defensive line. The fact that he's already played for Jerry Montgomery, so Jerry knows what he's getting, knows how to use him. I just think you can't overestimate the importance of getting bigger inside on defense.
Speaker 2: I agree, And he's a run stopper and you got to stop the run and obviously to use them mantra because it's it's you have to play that style of ball. Zach said it when he hired Al. You know, he wanted a guy familiar with the division. I think also too, a guy you're glad that you know. Don't don't don't you can't overestimate some ijp Ryan coming back. I mean, you go back and you look back at you know, thanks to Michael Hull our website, guy's been posting all these videos of Samajia and you remember, the memories come flooding back, just how much and good he was, you know, and then you know, so that's that's something. You know, Now you can give Chase Brown a breather, you know, give him a breather for a drive, give him a breather for you know, I mean, Samaji maybe the best third down back in the game when it comes to blocking. So don't underice to make that that's a that's a that's a great pick up. The two guys they pick up between between him and Patrick. You know, people talk about, oh, you got to protect Burrow, Well that's that's yeah, you got to go get a couple of guards, which you know what samaj and Patrick they protect the quarterback.
Speaker 1: Or to come with Jeff Hobson, including our draft discussion. But first, a quick reminder that the Bengals Booth podcast is brought to you by pay Corps, Proud to be the Bengals Official HR software provider, by Alta Fiber future proof Fiber Internet design to elevate your home, own business, and community to a new level, and by Kettering Health the best care for the best fans. Kettering Health is the official healthcare provider of the Bengals. Is there another position where you anticipate don't pick up a veteran free agent?
Speaker 3: Maybe after the draft? Cornerback, linebacker, whatever.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. I think it's all depends who's there. I think linebacker is definitely. I think that's definitely a spot that they want to You know, they haven't drafted the linebacker in five years. Uh the last the last backer they drafted was was, you know, Marcus Bailey the seventh round of that twenty twenty draft where they drafted Logan Wilson and a Keen Davis gab They haven't drafted a guy since, so that's obviously going to be I think they'll probably get one there in the draft, but I think they'll also be looking on the in the on the market for you know, for something else. You know, cornerback, I just don't you know, everybody wants a veteran cornerback and I'm not sure why. I mean, I think they're I think they're blessed at corner back. I think it's their deepest, best position on defense, and it's one of the strongest of the team with with Kay what Brett, DJ Turner, Dax who.
Speaker 3: I think they've got four that they like. You mentioned three. I'm throwing fake Newton that gives you four. But it's the position where guys tend to get hurt the most. They're little guys tackling big guys, running up and down the field on every play. I just I don't think you can have enough. I like the guys they have, I just don't think he can have enough.
Speaker 2: I like Ivy, you know, I think Ivy's another guy can a good point throwing that. But you're right, I mean, if they can, you know, if they can, uh. I also like you know, anybody you know, uh, Michael Wilson is also they kept Marco Wilson you know played well, you know, so maybe you know to me, they're they're all. But you know, but if you see you know what I mean, if there's a guy out there on on on May sixth and you say, my god, he's still there, you know, then I could see him doing something. But uh, I think something that this new regime on defense, I think they're going to play young guys, you know what I mean. I don't think. I think And Duke said this at the Seena Bowl. When I asked him at the Seena Bol he said, you know, he asked, he was second against himself. Did I hang on to that Super Bowl defense too long? You know? So I think there's I'm not sure there's going to be a lot of veteran guys in depth positions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need young legs at corner. For every Terrence Newman who plays until a very older age, there are ten guys that suddenly just fall off the cliff at that position. To me, much more than defensive end or edge rusher. I think corners take it takes young.
Speaker 4: Legs, I think. So.
Speaker 2: I think corner and wide receiver all. You know. I mean, you know this sport. You've been watching the league long enough you they show up one year and it's, oh my god, they're not the you know what I mean, it's almost like it seems quick, you know, those two positions.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's take a closer look at the draft. I looked at sixteen recent mock drafts from prominent outlets. Twelve of the sixteen have the Bengals taking a defensive lineman, whether it's a tackle or an edge rusher. The other four positions of these sixteen mock drafts one corner, one safety, one guard, one tight end.
Speaker 4: I really don't see the tight end.
Speaker 3: But in any case, twelve out of sixteen, that's seventy five percent.
Speaker 4: So let me ask the question this way.
Speaker 3: Is it's seventy five percent lightly that the seventeenth pick in the draft will be either a defensive tackle or defensive end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I would say I would say so just because A that's the need and B that's where the strength of the draft is. But you know, I and you know they're I mean, if you notice, you know, the higher the pick in the first round, the bigger the guy, you know what I mean, the bigger it's a it's a defensive you know, it's usually an you know, it's usually a tackle. But you know, the last you know, now they haven't taken a defensive tackle in the first round since they took dead well first overall before you were born voting, Well, no, I guess you were at Fox. I guess you were at Fox, right, which is kind of like before you were born.
Speaker 4: I had hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I do think offensive tackle and defense and edge they've drafted that last. I mean, it just seems like the big guys, the bigger they you know, the lower, you know, the higher to pick, the bigger they go. But you know, I still like to sit now. I took the safety from South Carolina, but that's probably not I just kind of did it to obviously be it, you know, kind of throw another wrinkle into it because to pick the my mock draft before I picked Walter Nolan. To me, this is looking like and I really do like the South Carolina safety because I think, you know, let's let's be afc north about this. Let's match Kyle Hamilton from Baltimore. And I'm sorry I can't pronounce the young man's name from South Carolina and more away, I am a war why I screwed that up. But match Kyle Hamilton, you know what I mean. Match Mike Fitzpatrick, you know what I mean. But to me, it's almost it's this could be lining up really well for a trade down because they've only got six picks. To me, it'd be a great opportunity to pick up an extra one. And if you drop down five six slots probably DNA get it. You're still going to get a tackle in an edge. Now there might be a guy you really love it. If there's a guy you really love at seventeen, you know, don't trade it. But you know, if there's three four guys there and you can get an extra pick out of it, and you know, I mean, I think that's probably something they get to look out. I guess the last time they had the seventeenth pick, they also had the twenty first pick and they traded down to they traded down to twenty seven, so but I don't know they haven't traded that. I think that's the last time they traded down in the first round, so maybe it's time.
Speaker 3: Well I can't remember the last time they only had six picks, so it makes sense to trade down if you can and pick up another decent pick. You'd probably want to do it in the first three rounds. If possible, so that the that you get in exchange is and you know, at the end of the seventh round, you got to have another team that wants to move up.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I think if they can trade.
Speaker 3: Down and get another middle of the draft type pick and still have plenty of people on the board that they like, I think they would do it.
Speaker 4: I think you got to do it.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's going to be a player at seventeen that you didn't think was going to be there. You know, you can say, oh, you know who, who could Tyler Warren fall? Could uh you know, could one of those tackles fall you know, uh that? Then then you could see a club say, oh, you know, then you could see a club trying to trying to move up if there's a if there's that slide that you know, maybe you know, maybe that's where somebody jumps up to get a quarterback. If I mean, if they're antsy.
Speaker 3: Let's hope, because I would love for the Bengals to be in that position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and as as long as they get a good player, you know, and I think they you know, and they'll make that call, you know. And it looks to me like when I did it and I believe me. It's that that's as raw as it gets when you're talking to media representatives. You know, that's that that's certainly no guarantee. But this last one that I did, that I published on this last Tuesday. You know, Nolan was there, Uh, you had the three Edges were there, Mike Green who I know. I think Paul Danner Jr. Took in his mock the edge from Marshall. You know, so there were there were there were like three or four five guys who would be great fits.
Speaker 3: You are headed to the owners meetings in Palm Beach, Florida, gets underway on Sunday.
Speaker 4: What will you have your eye on at the owners meetings?
Speaker 2: Well, I I there's not a lot of interesting rule changes. You know, usually it got it. You know last year that was big. That was the biggest change in probably fifty years. All eyes were on that. But I'm you know, I think it's more kind of internal. You know, we get another shot at Zach, so it kind of be the first time we talked to Zach in depth at the AFC Coaches Media Breakfast. You know, I also think too that the uh something that I kind of want to maybe ask some ask some other coaches is their view of the Bengals, And that's what I want. I want to ask, and I'll probably try to ram out a story like that, but I want to talk to a guy like Mark Gannis, who's a pretty connected financial guy with the league, runs his own company. He's always the owners always invite him down. He's kind of a consultant for the league, you know. I want to talk to some other gm I want to just get their view on the Bengals, because you know, you get so much into a you get so much into a bubble. You're reading certain people, You're always reading certain things, and you gotta you know, they call it the echo chamber. So I want to maybe step out of the echo chamber, kind of work the lobby a little bit, you know, ask some ask some people who you know, some executives around the league. I want to the guy from Netflix is going to be there and I want to get him, you know, talking about hide knocks and borrow and just kind of the allure of the Bengals. I think the Bengals are very I wanted to talk to some league people too, in the marketing about about the popularity of this club. Bengals hugely popular, you know. I mean we see it the last two years they've come out with a TV schedule, you know, and I you know, probably take a temperature on if they're going to get a if they're going to get an international game or not. So, but that's kind of what I'm going to look at, Hordy long story kind of made a short story along there. But just see what the rest of the league is thinking about this club.
Speaker 3: Were you surprised that Burrow agreed to do the Quarterback series on Netflix.
Speaker 2: I'm never surprised with joe Leie Burrow. I think I think he's although we gotta go. We gotta remember what he said, you had to. Yeah, when we asked him the last time about this, he said, well no, We asked him if he was gonna watch it, right, and he said, no, I'm not gonna watch it, I think he said, and somebody said, well why not? He said, well, would you guys.
Speaker 6: Watch a documentary on Hobson And you said absolutely, Ill it was one of the great But uh so we're gonna have to ask him about We're gonna have to. I wasn't thinking on my I wasn't thinking on my feet though, although I don't know if it was public when I talked to him, so I.
Speaker 2: Missed a great opportunity to ask him about that. But now, you know, I think I don't know. I think Joe gets it too. I mean I think, you know, I don't know. I think he knows. He probably figured well, if I don't do it now, they're just going to keep hammering me. So get it out. You know, he's probably one of these guys, Hey, let's get it out of the way. I mean, he's so efficient the way he does things. Maybe you just think him a Look, they're going to be killing me for the next five years to get me on that. Let's just nip it in the bud and you do it.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to watch the Netflix series Scribe, featuring you and two other NFL reporters.
Speaker 2: Would that be anybody who watched that would have to be immediately committed.
Speaker 3: All right, you're hitting the road today, So I want to wrap this up with one final topic, and it's something near and dear to your heart. We are announcing today the date of the inaugural Jack Hobson Memorial Golf Classic.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you, Hordy for popping that out. We'll see if his grandfather is able to put it together. I hope it's not a the Jeff Fox and first Danuel Ago, but uh, I think, uh no, it is. You know, I think you guys know, Jack Hobson is my grandson who passed away after twenty nine days of a congenital hip defect. And so just trying to raise some money. Get awareness out there too. I think that's a big thing, is uh, get screenings, you know, try to you know, prenatal care so important. Get screenings, particularly if there's uh if that, if that, you know, I have problems running your family, and you know, just get the awareness out have have have a great time. Remember I know my uh son whenever we have a you know, whenever he's visiting, uh, you know, whenever he's visiting with Anita and I and we were going to have dinner, and he'll always you know, we'll do a toast to Jack. So this this one morning is going to be you know too, Jack, and be great to have guys like yourself there. Get his uh, get get all my full We'll see how many friends I have. I don't think they have that many, but we've got to fill a field of seventy two and legendary and run would love to have you so May thirtieth eight am, and that would be uh. I appreciate that, Ordy, for you given us giving us a shout out.
Speaker 4: May thirtieth eight in the morning.
Speaker 3: Legendary Run, Great Golf Course, Jack Hopson Memorial Golf Classic.
Speaker 4: More information to.
Speaker 3: Come on how you can sign up and what it's going to cost, etc. But I'm putting that on my calendar right now. I will be at the inaugural Jack.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful. That's a great. Now, we've got to have a great MC there. You won't have to work, Ordy. You won't have to work this one because the great Ed Stutto, who is doubling as my director of sponsorship, and the mc rodney Dangerfield comes the legendary. So if you wear a hat, he'll say, hey, where'd you get that hat?
Speaker 4: You'll be wearing a hat.
Speaker 2: I know that that's correct.
Speaker 4: Hey, I really appreciate your time. I asked you to do this on short notice and you came through. Enjoy the owner's meetings, and I'll look forward.
Speaker 2: To seeing you soon for Dan board anything.
Speaker 4: See us soon, Fordy.
Speaker 1: That's going to do it for this episode of the Bengals Booth Podcast, brought to you by pay Core, Proud to be the Bengals official HR software provider, by Alta Fiber future proof fiber Internet designed to elevate your home, business and community to a new level, and by Kettering Health the best care for the best fans. Kettering Health is the official healthcare provider of the Bengals. If you haven't done so already, please subscribe to this podcast and if you have a minute, give it a rating or share a comment that helps more Bengals fans find us. I'm Dan Hord and thanks for listening to the Bengals Booth Podcast.