Speaker 1: Two Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and camera. Judge.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas and a Pod with myself, Eddy Mellencamp and and.
Speaker 3: They recently wrapped Tamra.
Speaker 1: Judge, how does it feel, tam God?
Speaker 4: I woke up with pupping my stuff and no stress, and it seemed like the longest I don't know what it was, three three and a half months of my life.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad to officially have you back back.
Speaker 3: Yes, full time back, full time back.
Speaker 1: I did see some things online.
Speaker 2: I know that you can't necessarily comment on them, but I feel like I have eyes and I.
Speaker 1: Can read on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something that I saw this morning, and this is just something I'm This is not me talking shit about Vicky. She is putting things in writing and I don't understand this portion. So somebody writes this is going to be the worst season ever, and Vicky responds, I agree, take it from me. Why I'm trying to think in the history of any friend of or housewife or wherever.
Speaker 1: But then, why should talk a show that you're on, and why if you want to be back more?
Speaker 2: Why should talk like she's trying to get herself back on it.
Speaker 3: Probably probably that.
Speaker 2: This is where I get confused, And it's not like I'm fine with Vicky in a general sense. I just don't understand what the intention is of putting this on social media.
Speaker 4: I think it's because I'm friends with Alexis. She is, you know, kind of sticking up for her little you know, posse, So whatever, whatever, All right, he wants to be nasty, be nasty, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: In return, Well, while we're on the topic of Alexis, we're gonna be talking about Tama and Eddie's wedding kickoff. This aired in September twenty thirteen. We see little bits of Alexis at your wedding.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, So Eddie and I got up at six am this morning and we watched it together. I had not seen Taraa's OC wedding since it aired originally Eric, so it was so good.
Speaker 1: It was I mean it was it had drama.
Speaker 3: I was thinking in my head it was cheesy. This is cheesy, and I don't like watching myself. I'd have to say I actually enjoyed watching myself on this show.
Speaker 2: Because there's relatable things, there's also like ridiculous things. There's also things that like can clearly not be said anymore or done. So it's just like, oh, clearly, like it's turn back time and always.
Speaker 1: But can you walk me back for one second?
Speaker 2: So if this aired in twenty thirteen, what season was currently airing of Orange County?
Speaker 1: Because I'm only on season season eight? Oh, season eight?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so I have a long time to go before I get to season eight because what did we just recap season two?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 3: Keep in mind me and Simon were together season.
Speaker 1: Three, four and five, okay, And when does Eddie come into the picture?
Speaker 4: He comes in season six, I believe, okay, after me and Simon separate and then six seven and then eight after eight, so we were engaged for three years and then we got married.
Speaker 2: And then the current cast during your wedding, which did this air after season eight?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: I believe?
Speaker 1: So okay.
Speaker 2: So it was Lydia, Heather, Alexis, Gretchen, Tamra, and Vicki.
Speaker 3: That was the entire cast, and Laurie was a friend of Laurie. Wasn't there at the wedding?
Speaker 4: Was she?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: I never saw her, but I barely saw Alexis, so I'm assuming in real life you and Alexis must have been having drama at this point.
Speaker 4: Alexis and I went up and down because she was in a different relationship that was difficult for her and it showed.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm gonna say about that. But you know, we would go up and down.
Speaker 4: But at the end when I invited her, we were on good terms and we kind of remained on good terms for quite a while.
Speaker 1: But also Eddie was like pretty outspoken that he was.
Speaker 3: I was shocked. We were laughing our ass off, like the comments were made and things that were said.
Speaker 4: Now keep in mind, if I'm not mistaken. After my wedding, going into season nine, Lydia, Gretchen, and Alexis were all fired.
Speaker 2: Oh they were all fired, Lydia, Gretchen, and Alection.
Speaker 1: So then who came in there?
Speaker 3: Shannon and Lizzie joined.
Speaker 1: Do I know Lizzie?
Speaker 4: No, probably not. She was on one season and then I think they brought about the next season and then she got fired in Shannon's garage in her garage, Yeah, yeah, very nice garage in Newport Coast.
Speaker 3: Why underground garage?
Speaker 4: It was towards the end of the season and she just really hadn't done anything, and the rest of us girls went to Mastros and we were like partying and taking pictures and all this, and She's like, how can you party?
Speaker 3: She text us, how can you be partying when I just got fired?
Speaker 1: We had no idea.
Speaker 3: We're like, where's Lizzie. Where's Lizzy?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 1: Oh well, now I'm more curious about Lizzie. All right, so we'll get into the wedding. It's five weeks away.
Speaker 2: Tamra is starting to plan her dream wedding while Eddie is off working on their gym and feels that a minimalistic wedding will do. Tamra plans a co ed weekend in Las Vegas that ends up testing the couple's trusts once pictures from Eddie's bachelor party are sent to Heather's iPhone.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: So Eddie and I when they asked us to do the wedding special, you know, neither one of us were kind of the over the top type of people to have this huge wedding. It was my third wedding, his second. So our plan was to do a TV wedding and then afterwards we would go to Cabo or something with our family and get married on the beach and that would be our special wedding. But it ended up being so good and so beautiful and so over the top, and we totally forgot the cameras were there that were.
Speaker 3: Like, nop, we're good, this is good. We don't need to do this again.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well I loved it. It was beautiful, but I have to break down some questions. Oh, first question, who is Ricky?
Speaker 3: So Ricky was somebody that he was married to Diego.
Speaker 4: Diego was my attorney for a while, and our kids went to school together, and Ricky ended up turning on me.
Speaker 1: On television or just in real life.
Speaker 4: In real life, and I also kind of felt like we were only super close when the cameras were up, so you think he was using you a little bit. So I didn't invite him to my baptism.
Speaker 3: And mostly because.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, am I going to get to watch that too?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Is that a special or that's just during the season.
Speaker 4: Yes, And if you notice, he was when he talked about Gretchen on the episode one of these episodes, he didn't like her.
Speaker 3: So anyways, so he was invited to my baptism that night.
Speaker 4: By the time I got home, he sent me really nasty text messages saying he was going to destroy my life.
Speaker 3: And then he proceeded to.
Speaker 4: Call and text each one of my cast members, and so I just went, I'm done.
Speaker 3: I don't have any.
Speaker 1: Did any of the cast members bite and engage with him.
Speaker 4: No, But then he decided he was going to get close with Gret just to piss me off.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're friends anymore. But it was just a whole thing.
Speaker 4: And then later on you'll see he spearheaded this whole conversation about Eddie's gay and brought it to Kelly god and Vickie and they plotted and planned and met it Starbucks and said they were going to bring it up on camera and that went viral. And then after Eddie got heart issues, he DMed Eddie and said, I just want to say I hope you're okay or something like that. I'm paraphrasing, and I want you to know that I didn't say any of that. They twisted my words and put that together and I never said that you were gay and all this stuff, and Eddie's like I ain't responding back to him.
Speaker 2: Well, Eddie, can you respond to this, because when you were in Vegas and you were wearing trains and boy Boy Toy Boy Toy shorts and well even the jacket that you may have borrowed from Ryan, that jacket was.
Speaker 3: Like twenty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it was bought start any rumors it was bought by We were in Vegas a few months prior in our friends Jen and Matt bought it for Eddie as like an engagement present, and he just to this day.
Speaker 3: He still has it to this day and often we'll whip it out on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see it. I need to borrow it. I hope you wear it to the reunion camera.
Speaker 3: Oh, that would be great with heels.
Speaker 2: You could wear that to the reunion with one of the Statement necklaces you sported.
Speaker 4: Oh well, don't be ragging on my striped hair, my statement necklaces, and my skinny eyebrows.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on.
Speaker 1: You also had underneath I remember this trend, but underneath had.
Speaker 4: Black black hair was like almost like a reddish brown under there.
Speaker 3: Isn't that pretty?
Speaker 1: You also were really preppy?
Speaker 2: Was I Yes, Like I was watching you and I was like, is tam kind of preppy?
Speaker 1: And I don't know, it's just funny to.
Speaker 4: See it, like I went her most phases, but I all, I could, I mean, Eddie reallying bed and I go, oh my god, how young we looked? Look how long young? It was eleven and a half years ago when we shot that.
Speaker 1: Well you look beautiful.
Speaker 2: But I love when Eddie's like, Tamora, I just want a small wedding, not this big old production. I'm like, well, because you got a three episode spin off, Eddie, it's probably going to be a pretty's probably.
Speaker 3: Going to be big. Yeah, and you know we didn't pay for a cent.
Speaker 1: Well that's my next question. Yeah, did you pay for the food the hotel? No? Nothing, nothing. Did you pay for the moonshine your brother bro?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Before we get into the wedding, we'll get back to the planning in the Vegas. But Heather Deubreau tells Tamar that she is concerned because it doesn't seem like Tamra knows what goes into wedding planning, which I'm convinced Heather has discovered the Fountain of Youth. Or she's a robot because she looks exactly.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, she looks exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Exactly the same everyone else. There's some differences. I'm like, what are you on a time machine?
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Did they pay the other housewives to be in it?
Speaker 3: Yes? Oh, yes, there was a participation to film.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Then you go to the cake store with Vicky and you tell Vicky that you want to have it be a Latin vibe, and then you asked her to be a bridesmaid. Vicky asked if Eddie's okay with it? I thought this part was a sweet moment. Then Eddie Tamra shows Eddie the wedding invitation, which made me audibly giggle because my first wedding I had a box invite to.
Speaker 4: That was Diane Valentine's idea to have them, you know, hand delivered.
Speaker 3: Diane, I mean, she was amazing.
Speaker 1: Did you choose her or bravo?
Speaker 4: She's amazing, amazing, She's had her own shows. Her and Damiica they were they were so much fun. I don't remember if I chose I think I did. I think that they gave me three to choose from, and I chose her.
Speaker 3: She was just she was so good and she was funny and she was.
Speaker 2: Able to like make jokes but not be offensive about it, and.
Speaker 1: You like and like. But also she it seemed like she knew you well.
Speaker 2: Like even when she said, Tamar, you have to bring me like the table names, and you just brought the first names.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's such a tamer thing, I know, right, And she knew it. And then she's like, I knew she was going to come without last names. And then she's like, how many ste you are there? And you're like, what I know.
Speaker 3: She's like, so what kind of food? I don't know what about flowers?
Speaker 2: I got nothing, but you did want to make sure you had a dazzled cake that you got on a swing.
Speaker 3: On a swing. I know it was.
Speaker 4: I think that the restaurant or the cake place was all about the cakes.
Speaker 3: I think it's called in Dana Point.
Speaker 1: It looked Deliciou right across from the harbor.
Speaker 4: And I used to get all my cakes made by them, not cheap.
Speaker 1: Not cheap.
Speaker 2: Well, this one you didn't pay for, so didn't really head into your budget, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I think I did. I think I did pay for the cake. I think that was one of the only things I paid for.
Speaker 1: What about the shoes, six thousand dollars shoes.
Speaker 3: I didn't get the I didn't get those, but my girlfriend Jen Lison bought me sparkly Louis Vuitton's as a engagement present.
Speaker 1: But don't worry.
Speaker 2: I saw you switched into your favorites for the rehearsal party dance.
Speaker 1: Don't worry. I was like, oh, old faith Wells are bad out?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Which ones were those?
Speaker 1: The ones I always tease you about the ysls you always wear that are comfortable?
Speaker 3: Did I wear those at the rehearsal.
Speaker 2: Like you changed out of your first gown and like into your dance outfit and I look down.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, those were dance shoes. Oh those were actually dance shoes. Yeah, those were good, But these weren't the YSL tributes.
Speaker 3: Well, it's probably because I had a few drinks in me.
Speaker 4: I feel like I overthink dancing and I love when I asked her.
Speaker 3: When do we not act so robotic? And she's like, when you learn to dance?
Speaker 2: So never until I have a couple of drinks. All right, but before that, let's talk a little bit about Vegas. You guys all go to Vegas. I had a couple jump scares there by like all the people that I know that were there that they aren't in Heather Dubro's fountain of use.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I was like, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: But then you guys sit down at a dinner and how did it come up that Heather. I'm sure there's editing that plays into it, but that Heather kind of outs you for the Bachelor party actually.
Speaker 4: Just started talking about it, and I'm like, stop stop, I mean I didn't tell. I mean, I think at that point the season finale had already aired and my Bachelorette Party had already aired, so he had seen it.
Speaker 3: He wasn't happy about it.
Speaker 4: But she was bringing it up again and basically saying like, I think they might have done flat.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, they did flashback.
Speaker 4: I think they did footage that was never maybe seen. Oh is what it happened?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Heather and Terry definitely came to make a little mess, like oh no, let's make this Vegas pop right off. But I have seen Eddie seem annoyed before and I don't think he was acting there.
Speaker 1: I think he was annoyed.
Speaker 3: He was annoyed to this day. He brings it up.
Speaker 4: Remember when you had that strip of your ear and I said, okay, enough enough, that's not really what happened.
Speaker 3: I'm like this trying to hide from him. And yeah, those I.
Speaker 1: Mean it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Neither of your experiences with the strippers that I saw on television were that great. But then so we can see I can see Eddie's eyes like Edwin can kind of get the same way when he's like it almost.
Speaker 1: Looks like a threat, but it's not a threat. It's just like, okay, yeah, do you think that's fine?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can I can do that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then he did I.
Speaker 3: Know boner and all?
Speaker 1: Did he really have a boner? I couldn't see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally no, yes, no, I mean he has some girl rubbing on us.
Speaker 1: What hold on?
Speaker 2: But also once they went into the private room and Terry put his glasses on to.
Speaker 4: Get a better look what the girl sits on him, and Terry puts her his glasses on, and I'm like, oh my god, when you put your readers on to look closer, I'm like, stop, Well, how long between when you got that photograph of what was happening with Eddie and.
Speaker 2: All of you guys deciding to get in the limo with the champagne and show up at the strip club?
Speaker 1: Was was that time frame?
Speaker 4: Well, we were at the Palms and they were at Sapphires, so you know, probably a good fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: And then you get it. You and Eddie have a conversation where now you're equally pissed at each other.
Speaker 1: He's clearly doing it to get back at you.
Speaker 2: I mean, these are things that happen oftentimes at bachelor, bachelor and bachelorette parties with Edwin and I did not have a bachelor or a bachelorette party, which I'm grateful for because this kind of shit always happens. But you are clearly annoyed, and he's like, well, should we end this now? And like not the wedding, Like he's like, should we go home?
Speaker 1: And I.
Speaker 3: Was calling truth, calling truth, Okay, I'm thinking of a different scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, well either way, it was kind of the same thing. But then you go, I'm going home, But now I need to know how long.
Speaker 1: Until Eddie came home.
Speaker 3: We went together. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was really stressing me.
Speaker 2: I was like, I want to know who went with Tamra home and how a scale of one to ten, how pissed Hamra was.
Speaker 1: I know it did. I mean it did end abruptly, So it did.
Speaker 4: How about my ex tweeting the entire time I'm there? He really wanted He really went out of his way from the time we separated to label me monster mom. He was working with a guy that was an editor at the Inquirer. I don't even know if they're around anymore that would write stories labeling me monster mom.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was great.
Speaker 1: It was It was a really it was a good time.
Speaker 3: It was a great It was a good time in my life. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then you guys get back from Vegas. You guys are having a conversation where you make a joke where you're like, you didn't even grab I love that. This is your fight back. You don't even you didn't grab my ass like that when I put my ass on your lap.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But all's well, that ends well because then we get to episode two, Decisions Decisions, Tamra confides to Eddie that she feels pressured to impress his family the trip to choose bride'smaid's dresses turns bad once drama erupts. Eddie and Tamar's families get together for a barbecue.
Speaker 1: I just want to know.
Speaker 2: If you and Ricky went to the same place to get your hair highlighted.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Ricky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know back then two thousands, the striped hair, having the stripes and the different color and the dark underneath, and yeah, I mean I had it too, very cute, very very cute.
Speaker 2: Then not everybody was there for the bridesmaid's dresses, so you just picked one out.
Speaker 4: Well, we drove to Pasadena. So we went all the way to Pasadena. We were in the car and we picked out this store online and it was one that Diane sent me and they cleared it.
Speaker 3: And we got there.
Speaker 4: It was horrible and I'm like, I'm not even going in there, guys. I don't even want to pretend like I'm going in there.
Speaker 3: Like no.
Speaker 1: So then they shipped a bunch to one of y'all's houses.
Speaker 4: So what happened was is we all went together to David's bridle okay, and we got all the dresses together, but they wouldn't let us film there, I believe, So they Diane. We tried them on, got them all sized everything, and then Diane brought them to us that day.
Speaker 1: But everybody looked beautiful.
Speaker 2: So shout out to David's bridle because all the bridesmaids, yeah beautiful.
Speaker 3: Now my kids were in the wedding.
Speaker 4: You'll see Sydney on one end and Spence around the other end far In and they just blurred their face.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't even Yeah, yeah, I was like, I wonder that makes sense now they couldn't beah and Sothia was.
Speaker 3: The flower girl, but I don't even know if they showed her. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But it was a really sweet moment, like there's just a lot a lot of it. You're just like it, even though some of it felt a little bit like oh my gosh, like when Eddie's like, you need to uninvite this person, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Eddie, I know, I know this ain't happening.
Speaker 3: Well, I really thought like, oh shit, because he did not like.
Speaker 1: Them.
Speaker 3: He did not like that, especially the husband.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so I'm like I was seriously worried, like seriously in real life. I'm like, how the hell do you do that? Sorry, you're not invited? Is that something production can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, well, what do you mean, I'm gonna say, we don't have enough room for you.
Speaker 1: We already paid you to be here.
Speaker 2: But then you're getting ready for the dinner party because it's the first time that your families are meeting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what actually starts this argument?
Speaker 3: My brother? My brother, It can be a real asshole.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm watching it and I'm like, we're not even speaking right now, because.
Speaker 2: Your mom didn't seem upset when you said, you know, and they even flashed. They did you that favor of giving the flashback where you said you didn't say like you weren't a family to say I love you.
Speaker 3: No, we weren't. We weren't a loving family at all at all.
Speaker 2: But then why was your brother giving such pushback on that? Was he like trying to make you look like an asshole?
Speaker 4: I'm mad at he got mad at me because I did that scene with my mom and so he was trying to stick up for her, and and he's like, you're an asshole for doing that and saying that she was never there for you, And I'm like, it's not exactly.
Speaker 3: What I said. I said. We grew up in a very loveless family. Yes we did things together, but we were just a family that were non emotional. You swept everything under the rug. I think it was the times as well. No hugging, no touching.
Speaker 4: I remember my dad telling me he loved me for the first time when I was twenty one.
Speaker 1: What happened at twenty one? I got that big.
Speaker 3: I was twenty one.
Speaker 4: I was going to New York and I've never really no, I wasn't twenty one because I didn't have Ryan.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 4: I think I was still in high school and I was my neighbors across the street, Italian family. They had a house in Rochester, New York, and they had this cottage out in the woods, and they were going to take me. And it's one of those things like, oh, she's getting on airplane. I hadn't been on many airplanes, and it was like, I love you, and I literally choked up. I was walking out the door. I'm like, well, well, where did that come from?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh town, I know. So it was, you know, it was just how it was.
Speaker 4: And then when you have your own children, you know you don't want to carry that forward, and so you know, I always made sure I told my kids. I love them all the time, and then it makes you wonder, like why didn't you tell me that?
Speaker 3: Like why did I grow up like that?
Speaker 4: And my mom and dad just came from very dysfunctional families. My dad came from you know, alcohol abuse and physical abuse, and my mom, my grandmother was very, very sick. She was schizophrenic, so she was very sick, in in and out of hospitals, and she was raised by her sister, and so they weren't didn't have the perfect family.
Speaker 3: I mean, not too many people do, but so they didn't know any different.
Speaker 2: Where I did really kind of because remember I hadn't watched past seasons of you and Eddie kind of getting together, So I'm just watching kind of the drama at the start of this, and I'm like, what is happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, But where you see how.
Speaker 2: Much you guys really love each other and how he is able to diffuse the situation between the two families and also make you feel loved in that moment and also not make you feel bad or that make it feel like his family is disapproving.
Speaker 1: Of any of this.
Speaker 2: I think that's where you really see, like how kind his heart is.
Speaker 3: Oh, Eddie's the kindest guy in the world.
Speaker 4: Even if somebody he can't stand like talks to him in a nice way, he will be very kind back, even if he doesn't like the person. But he you know, he's somebody that wants to take.
Speaker 3: Care of everybody. Yeah, I love seeing grandma. So Eddie's grandma.
Speaker 4: Yeah she is now ninety nine years old. Wow, still walking around still, you know, joking laughing.
Speaker 3: I'm like, she's gonna live to onunr and five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And Eddie's like, I go, you are too, You're going to live to And He's like, I don't want to live that long. No, I'm like, if you keep working out and keep because she would always walk, even in her eighties, she would have breakfast, put on her lipstick, and go walk the neighborhood out there in Fullerton.
Speaker 2: But I think you guys have real conversations here because you're like, you're saying you're worried because your family's crazy, and Eddie's family is more conservative yep. And He's just like, no, everyone loves you and I love you and I'm here for you.
Speaker 1: And I want to support you. And who cares, you know, Like, yeah, families do this shit. It's family. Like I just in that moment, I was like, Okay, Eddie.
Speaker 3: Doesn't have a big family. He's got He was brought over from Mexico by his grandmother. No mom, no dad in his life. His aunt. He was raised with his aunt like she was his sister.
Speaker 1: So all he has is.
Speaker 3: Is Grandma, his aunt, and his aunt's family.
Speaker 4: So and then he lived in some foster homes as he was growing up because you know, Grandma didn't have money and they were living in a garage, so he would go live with He's got a lot of people that he calls mom even to this day because they took him in when he was going through you know, school age years.
Speaker 2: Well, if you guys want more story on like Eddie's backstore, you guys have to go listen to the Eds, because they really break down they have very similar upbringings and they really break down their story and it's pretty incredible. And also, I mean, it's it's a wonder how they both ended up with such assholes like us.
Speaker 4: I know, I know two I got assholes. You know, what, have you ever had moonshine?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know if I've ever had moon.
Speaker 2: Maybe one time I've had moonshine, but I think I was scared, so I like took like a babysit.
Speaker 1: Did you drink it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: The moonshim brother brought to the rehearsal dinner was literally moonshine that was made in a baptop.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then the moonshine he brought to somewhere else I can't remember. It was moonshine bought from you know a Oh no, No, the moonshine he brought to my backyard was homemade. The stuff he brought to the rehearsal dinner was stuff from the grocery store. And I've tasted that before, but it's flavored. It tastes like apple pie and you know, but it's not really well.
Speaker 2: I have a question, after this aired, or after the conversations with your mom, did things shift with the sharing of I love you and yeah?
Speaker 4: I think after you know that, when I did that woman's conference and talked about it, I think things shifted then. Yeah, but to this day that my mom's not warm and fuzzy. Yeah, she loves us, we know she loves us. But my mom likes to do the Irish exit. So when she's done she is Litha. Yeah, no, there's no goodbyes. I think she's uh not. She doesn't like to deal with emotion.
Speaker 3: She's like me, I don't want to do I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: Just shouting a little bit familiar to a person I know, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: So my brother was labeled the asshole drunk oh during the wedding well after the show aired, Oh, because I guess I said, you're an asshole drunk, so he changed his Instagram handled to asshole drunk.
Speaker 1: That is so good. Well, at least you can laugh at himself, you know. I always appreciate someone that can do that.
Speaker 2: I also appreciate when you and Gretchen go for a walk and I hear the quote I don't want to look at my wedding pictures ten years from now and say, where's Gretchen.
Speaker 4: I not do even feel about that statement now, Honestly, like just watching the show and her being in us, being in a good place, you know, it took me back to that good place, not the place where she's been trying to trash me for ten years or eleven years at this point. So I was like, it made me happy to see that, you know, friendship that we had way back then, not what we you know, we don't have any friendship.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I need to ask you a question.
Speaker 2: I need you to say one nice thing about Gretchen, she has beautiful hair. One nice thing about Slade, who I felt looked handsome at your wedding, just saying he didn't say any I didn't hear him say any words, and just as an aesthetic, I thought looked handsome aut your wedding.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I have anything nice. Yeah, I lost four wards, all right, well lost four wards.
Speaker 2: Then you know, we just we're still working about who we're going to invite. We know what happens with Ricky. But then there's a new person that comes in, CJ.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, what's what's her deal?
Speaker 4: CJ's another girl that you know, you know when your kids go to school and you meet people, and she's another person that I met through the kids school and was pretty much a neighbor, lived close and she was.
Speaker 3: Friends with Ricky and we we still like.
Speaker 4: She moved out of state, so she lives in I think Oklahoma right now, so we will text once in a while, but I haven't seen her in quite a while. But she's she's sweet, her and her husband, she's got a son that's going to college, so it was only natural for me to have her.
Speaker 3: And she was one of my best friends back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we get to episode three, Tamra and Eddie's Big OC wedding air date September sixteenth, twenty thirteen. Tamar and Eddie host a final pre wedding dinner with their closest friend. Later, the wedding day finally arrives.
Speaker 1: Finally, Diane asked.
Speaker 2: Tamra about her dresses and says they are coming the day of the wedding, which makes Diane's jaw drop.
Speaker 1: I'm also confused why Diane didn't get an orange the next season.
Speaker 3: Right, she was so good. I'm so glad that I chose her as my wedding planner because she really made the show. Another person I'm really glad that we chose is.
Speaker 1: The person Pretty Kitty, not the Pretty.
Speaker 4: Kitty, the woman that performed the service, because she had that British accent and I think it just made it sound so elegant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was great. I also.
Speaker 2: Seeing the wax at the Pretty Kitty with Ricky being towards your bottom half.
Speaker 3: How about the camera guy, like like all of it? Like who took pictures of that?
Speaker 2: Like? I just want to know, Like, have you checked off all your like Housewives things you need to do? You're like badge wax check, wine toss check check, sexy bats tubscene check.
Speaker 4: Yeah, throwing baptism baptism baptism check. Yeah, Oh yeah I did them all. I have done everything I possibly could.
Speaker 3: Do on reality TV.
Speaker 4: Have you got married grand No, and I will never do that again. Ever, that was the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't actually particularly like to get waxed either.
Speaker 2: Then where I rehearsal dinner, Kenny brought the moonshine again, takes a swig of it. Tamra, you go over to your brother and say, no moonshine tomorrow. He's not having it, but he does seem to be in a more likable spear That nice. Then Vicky gives a toast to Tamra, saying Eddie is Tamra's soulmate. Vicky says she's been through it all with Tamra. Do you have any regrets about any of your bridal party?
Speaker 4: Probably just Ricky because of what he did to Eddie and started that whole fuel. Yeah, oh he's gay and all that stuff. That's really I mean, that was just nasty, nasty.
Speaker 2: Then they shoot you arriving to the Saint Regis for the wedding day, you get into your dress, you listen, and I'm not the biggest complimenter ever, but like, you looked so beautiful and stunning and happy in the moment between you and your son where you guys don't know if you should break off or walk together on the same side.
Speaker 1: I mean, all of it is just it's it really makes you happy, and.
Speaker 4: It is and it's such a beautiful setting, like the I forgot how beautiful. Like Since then, they the Saint Regis has changed names twice, they've taken the gazebo down all it looks like a helicopter pad.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, it's you know, it was just such a beautiful place to have the wedding.
Speaker 1: And I'm just curious. We see Eddie start to tear up. But then I feel.
Speaker 2: Like I saw him shoot an air kiss, Like I feel like he was like and I.
Speaker 1: Just see that, Oh god, I just see it.
Speaker 4: Probably probably you're like I was like waiting for you to be like God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: A little cheesy, but I'll tell you I really thought it was going to be cheesier than that.
Speaker 1: It wasn't. It was really great. I have a question for you now, if you and Eddie were to renew your vows tomorrow, who would be your bridesmaids? You? I didn't do that for reasons.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking, like how your life has changed since whatever.
Speaker 3: You Heather, Emily, I don't know. I mean, that's something I think if you renew your vows at this age, like you don't need brides You don't need bridesmaids and flower girls. Yeah, oh you know, I often.
Speaker 1: Would be who would be your man of honor?
Speaker 2: Kayden, I was gonna say, you'd better answer, yeah, point, it's going to.
Speaker 1: Be a lot, a lot.
Speaker 3: It wasn't. It was a TV wedding, you know, and it was made for TV.
Speaker 4: And you know, uh, later in the I don't know, I don't know, season ten, something like that.
Speaker 3: Eleven.
Speaker 4: I think it is Shannon tries to turn Heather against me by saying I didn't want to earn my wedding.
Speaker 3: I had a conversation with him.
Speaker 4: I said, if I didn't have a TV wedding, you know, off camera, had this conversation, I wouldn't have had anybody in the wedding.
Speaker 3: I would have went to Mexico and got married on the beach. Yeah, you know, it would have been something very simple like that.
Speaker 4: So she used that like she often does, and twisted and made it sound like, you know, made Heather and everybody mad at me. That's the year I was at Bally and I was ganged up on and I left.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Well, there is a moment where Gretchen says her and Vicky didn't talk and she was keeping her distance, but then all of a sudden, Vicky comes over and starts dancing with her.
Speaker 1: And then I'm like, did Vicky get into the moonshine? Like the thing with.
Speaker 4: Vicky it's like she can be nice to you and then she's mean to you, and then she's nice.
Speaker 3: To you again. Did you tear up at all watching?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did.
Speaker 3: I did too, I mean obviously I did.
Speaker 2: I there was a moment I think, especially when I saw you coming out, and then when I saw Eddie start to tear up yep, and then actually at the dance because I know how nervous you were to do that dance? Yes, yes, and I just and you guys just look so happy and it looked effortless and it didn't look for and I was like, I felt I know it's gonna sound crazy, but I felt proud of you.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you. I didn't know how I was going to do that dance.
Speaker 4: Like we rehearsed at our gym, like with the with the instructor a few times a week, like for weeks, five weeks, we kept doing it.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, that's why I'm always like dancing.
Speaker 1: The stars now.
Speaker 4: But it was weird looking at the guest at my wedding, I'm like, who's that? Oh shit, I didn't know she was at my wedding.
Speaker 3: Like it was crazy.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's in such big moments like that, like you kind of really only remember your person sometimes unless someone does something annoying. Lynn Curtin was there, right, yep.
Speaker 3: Lynn was there.
Speaker 2: And then you guys like as it ends, they make a train for Eddie and Tamra and they run through it off as newlyweds and everybody's happy and you know that Moore is coming. But I have to say, you gave us amazing reality television. Like, I really was shocked because I haven't seen that many wedding specials.
Speaker 1: I think I've only.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a few out there, maybe we should recap them.
Speaker 4: There's Candy's wedding, there's uh, Cynthia Bailey's wedding, there's Kim zozie wedding. They all have they all have specials. It was it was a thing that they did.
Speaker 1: Did they have three episodes specials? Is this like a reunion?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Did you get two reunions?
Speaker 4: I don't remember, honestly, Kim had ten Kim had ten, Yeah, but that went in that ran into her. But they were only twenty minute episodes.
Speaker 1: So was that on like a different streaming site or was that on Bravo?
Speaker 3: So that's like really three in one yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh and then Cynthia got married on the season finale.
Speaker 1: But all in all, tam I was very impressed.
Speaker 2: I kind of I was like, how am I going to watch three episodes of somebody getting married?
Speaker 1: And I loved it. I loved all three seconds was good.
Speaker 4: They really did a great job producing it and editing it and giving it the perfect amount of everything, like you know, the family life, the getting ready the actual wedding.
Speaker 2: The highs, the lows, fights, but also making up resolution, budget conversation.
Speaker 1: And something that I realized.
Speaker 2: The only two OC housewives that have ever gotten spin offs are Joe and me.
Speaker 1: I know, well, I love you, Tam and I'm really happy.
Speaker 2: I hope you guys all tune in to Tama's Oca wedding because it will give you all the feel.
Speaker 3: It is airing on Peacock now, so it's streaming. You can just watch all three of them.
Speaker 4: Also, the other housewife weddings are airing on Peacock as well.
Speaker 2: Let us know if you want us to recap the other housewife weddings, because we'll go down that deep dive.
Speaker 1: We're not now the Tamra is not filming. We can watch.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we got a lot to do.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, Bye,