Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Hour two.
Speaker 2: On this Wednesday. It's a meat Wednesday. We're off tomorrow and Friday. Dylan the resident chef has beef, Wellington cream, spinach, garlic and sage whip mashed potatoes.
Speaker 3: Who has it better than we do? No lot stat of the Day.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: If you're watching on Peacock, thank you for allowing us into your homes and radio affiliates around the country, including iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio. Poll question from our one and what are we going to go with an hour two of the program, Seaton.
Speaker 4: If you were Damian Lillard, would you consider retiring right now? Last I check those poll results, it was an overwhelming no.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm getting paid one hundred million dollars to not play for the bus. I have to rehab. By the time I'm ready to play, I'll be thirty six.
Speaker 3: That's not old. That's I mean Durant's doing it. Why can't Dame Lillard?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Granted, Durant's seven feet tall, so you know he can still get his shot off. By the way, Lebron James had Kevin Durant on his podcast and he talked about Kevin Durant every time he takes a shot.
Speaker 6: So if you guys in our league that you believe every time they shoot the balls going and Katie is one of those guys, that's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 5: It is it is, it is. Listen, you shoot the ball. When Steph shoot the ball and Steph.
Speaker 6: Get a look, you just you don't think it's going You don't think he's gonna miss.
Speaker 2: Trying to think who else would be on that list. I agree Katie and Steph when they shoot, I think it's going in. Is there somebody where you go? He's right in that.
Speaker 3: Category where it's weird when they miss. Yes, Yes, Paul Peek.
Speaker 7: Ray Allen when he was spotted up at the end of his career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean now, oh, I'm sorry, Marvin.
Speaker 8: Still, Klay Thompson, he's wide open cash Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not many guys on that list. When they're open, when they shoot, they make I always thought whenever Kareem shot the sky.
Speaker 3: Hook, it was going in.
Speaker 2: That That's probably the first guy that I can remember when he shot it was going in.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 8: Marmon mid range with Shay.
Speaker 2: Nh Okay, I need a little larger sample size maybe on that.
Speaker 3: I mean, Katie's been doing this for a long long time.
Speaker 8: So you need people ten years plus.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't have to be ten. But you don't give me a good seven years six seven years. But you're right, I mean Shay, But Shay, his shots are contested from the standpoint of who's guarding him. Is probably his size, maybe a little taller. Kevin Durant's seven feet tall. They may list him at six'. Nine he's seven feet. Tall if you see him next To. Lebron lebron's supposed to be six' nine kd Seven.
Speaker 4: Feet Yes Does anthony edwards get into that list at?
Speaker 2: Some, point, HMM oh i guess, he CAN but i don't look him as a bucket. Like that he's pretty. Close though he nobody's Close TO Stephan. Kd open look those guys even CONTESTED. For kd he's scoring because it's rare if you're going to get a piece of. HIS shot I remember Anthony uh sion who was it just got Traded. From Portland does Simon's uh He blocked kd's shot? One TIME and i remember seeing, the highlight it, WAS like i gotta watch. That again but he blocked his shot maybe last year of the, year BEFORE and i was shocked like, a Jumper, LIKE dirk i don't you know he seven footer fading away.
Speaker 3: Really tough to block. That, Shot, yes paully it's a.
Speaker 7: Different shot But When jalen brunson Of the knicks does that little across into the middle and it's about ten eleven feet and he has an open eye on it and it, Rims out, you're, like, oh yeah it's.
Speaker 3: A Surprise but Katie and steph are in a category all.
Speaker 2: TIME category i always Thought whenever bird had a wide, open shot it was. Going in i'd put him on that, LIST too pauli Talked About ray allen. Wide, Open yes i'd put him on that. List too anybody else you can Think of marv like, wide open where, you go that's. A bucket now we're TALKING. About kd, you know somebody contesting him and it always feels like it's.
Speaker 3: Going, In.
Speaker 7: Yeah paul steph is the one, seed though when you see him going around and it doesn't go in and the, crowd does, oh, Yeah, Yes marv.
Speaker 8: And there's nothing worse than watching the, opposite uh the opposing coaches going how is? He OPEN.
Speaker 2: But i can go back to When the lakers Played the Celtics and magic hits the sky Hook the celtics all. Time out they run a Play And james worthy is actually holding On To larry, bird's shirt, his jersey and He Loses larry bird in the Corner and larry can win the game from the corner and he misses, the shot and We Had james. Worthy on, he goes oh, MY god i can't BELIEVE that i lost him and he could have hit that shot from. The corner kind of rattles in. And out, all right we'll come up with the pole question for. Hour two, jermaine O'Neill Former, all star is going to. Join Us jim jackson stops by. As well joining us Now is, Brett McCormick Sports. Business journal he, covers stadiums, fan, experience ticketing he covers. It all and we were thinking about having, You, on Brett because i'm looking at What the cleveland What the browns are doing moving to, the SUBURBS and i guess it's a, dome STADIUM but i, was wondering when does the stadium become obsolete in.
Speaker 3: Your eye.
Speaker 9: Great question and thanks for, Having me and as a Long suffering, HORNETS fan i hope That kahn knoople joins.
Speaker 10: The list you were just. Talking about that is that is the Prayer.
Speaker 9: In, charlotte, yeah no This is this is The topic i'm thinking about a lot right now because you have this cycle of stadiums that are coming up to the put up or shut.
Speaker 10: UP question.
Speaker 9: I guess so these stadiums built between nineteen ninety five and two thousand, And five you've Got, Like, Jacksonville, Charlotte. HOUSTON denver, i mean there's probably a dozen. Of them and it's the kind of the critical juncture, of where, you know architecturally and, engineering wise you look at should we renovate this or should we build a?
Speaker 10: New stadium and.
Speaker 9: YOU know i don't write about the, you know whether these should be financed, by who or whether it's a good investment, Or what but that is about the lifespan is twenty to twenty. Five years you're really studying should we build a new stadium in a different location or should we renovate what? We've got and you've got all of the above going on right now and a lot of those decisions are dictated. By location, you know is it in the urban area or is it developable around it.
Speaker 2: Or whatever THAT'S why i Understand. The browns if you want to do a, DOME stadium i. Get that but where that's located is great in my opinion having, been there and it feels like you could develop. AROUND that i guess if. You want i've Been to foxboro Where the. PATRIOTS play i mean they try to set up, something, there, like hey come Out. To foxboro will you Go to foxborough to See? The patriots you're not going to go to, You know Dave and buster's There, or applebee's bring the kids and let's go twenty miles.
Speaker 3: Or something.
Speaker 2: You Know the bears are moving out of downtown. As well is that a dome stadium?
Speaker 3: As well.
Speaker 6: That's a.
Speaker 9: GOOD question i haven't seen the, design yet but so what they're looking for. Is SPACE so i think With the, CLEVELAND waterfront i think there is an issue that it's difficult to develop down there because of some roads and the way it's. Set up but you would think that in, Both cases Chicago, and cleveland that the waterfront would be difficult. To BEAT but i think what they're looking for, is space and it kind of speaks to one of the trends that's happening. In sports venue designed right now more with, other sports, especially baseball where you've got people come into. Eighty games it's a little different WITH, the nfl but what they're trying to do is set up a stadium as a hub of a district where again you have, people, living working. And playing and that's what they're looking for. Is space and so.
Speaker 10: It is kind OF.
Speaker 9: When i talk, about location the location for certain teams can be, you know in an urban setting downtown in the midst, of everything and for other teams they may. Need space if you kind of think About, the braves, You Know atlanta braves kind of started this second round of mixed. Use development they left a Downtown in atlanta and moved out to the suburbs and created their Own Like Stepford wives Village or Timpkinville of, braves baseball, and.
Speaker 10: So, you know so teams have.
Speaker 9: Seen that and and the thing with mixed use development is it's appealing to sports teams because they don't have to. Share it it's not in the, revenue sharing so this is money that they keep and so that that has been a big impetus for joining this kind.
Speaker 10: Of development and you're.
Speaker 2: Talking About, the Bears, The Commanders, carolina Panthers, The Jaguars, calgary flames, you know renovation there For The, saddle Dome the Royals And white sox might be on the list there of doing the. Same thing it, feels like, you know even when you look At The dallas Mavericks Where mark Cuban said i'm not a real estate Guy and i'm going to sell it to real estate people and then tried to develop around the stadium and then bring in, a casino it's that the blueprint for what we should expect, with all, you Know.
Speaker 3: Even wriglely wrigley's got its own sports.
Speaker 9: Book, there yeah and it's it kind of speaks to, you know and you watch the costs of these are are, like skyrocketing and it's part part of it is because more is expected of.
Speaker 10: Venues now, you know you used.
Speaker 9: To have a lowerable, upper deck, you know maybe, some suites and that has. REALLY shifted, i mean you've got all kinds of seating products and different types of areas you, can stand and there's different technologies that allow you to buy beer faster and. More often and so, you know, from that from, that standpoint the experience has changed. A bit what, people expect like how you get in is often easier than it used. To be and, so yeah AND so i think what they have always thought about is you get people to come early and you get people to. Say later, and again that's the money that you're generating that you don't have to share with the other thirty thirty one owners and that's become. Highly appealing as you, know this this whole thing has become. MORE competitive i think more of the sports ownership groups are looking at these as businesses and less of like a whole, you know status play Thing that i'm going to hand off to. My kids and so, you're saying like a lot of new ownership groups that are coming in with very, different ideas, You Know josh harris With the commanders and Like the walton Family, with denver which is going to be added to. THIS list i think they've got a project that is brewing. Out there so, you know.
Speaker 10: Kind of different ownership groups bringing.
Speaker 9: Different ideas and then just the changes that have happened with the stand experience over like twenty to thirty years are really influencing.
Speaker 5: These.
Speaker 2: DESIGNS yeah i go Back To camden yards because they moved it back into the city and you had the, waterfront there a, beautiful stadium we had the, warehouse there Great FAN but i, don't know is that Becoming Obsolete camden yards that are they going to want to do.
Speaker 3: SOMETHING different.
Speaker 10: I don't think, it's OBSOLETE but i think you could see more.
Speaker 9: Around it so if you think about what's across the parking LOT IS M Andt, bank stadium which is another one of these Where the, ravens played it's. Getting renovated you've got like this massive parking lot in. Between that and So if i'm a, Parking lot, i'm like, you know you're in the crosshairs because it's the lowest, you know it's the lowest possible use of land is to is to park. On it and so and if you think About With camden YARDS an M And T, bank stadium there's a train that runs right, by it, you know so if you can get people to use, the train you can use that parking lot for. SOMETHING else i would watch a city field. With this, you know you've got a highly aggressive owner Who's, very uh he's got some change and they've got, you know probably one of the best public transit setups IN the us for, public sports for, sports venues and you know he's trying to build a casino and basically develop those. Parking LOTS so i Think The camden yards thing is is the aesthetic and like the vibes there are probably more popular, than ever but you just got to have something. Beyond it now it kind of the stadium itself sort of bleeds into this, next level, you know this.
Speaker 2: Next layer what is the least modern stadium or the? Worst stadium, Great QUESTION so i, would say so we were just Talking About.
Speaker 9: Camden Yards camden yards kind of sparked this like REVIVAL of I don't i don't know the, architectural term but maybe like neo classical or something. Like that the one that was built right before THAT was i think it's Now Called rape field Where The white, sox play and this is the last of the last stadium before all the cool, Stadiums basically and so that's that's widely agreed with one of the just they like, no personality it's it's there's there's.
Speaker 3: Not much there wasn't that cellular.
Speaker 9: Isn't it it's it was GUARANTEED great.
Speaker 10: Us CELLULAR yeah i, Was, THERE.
Speaker 2: Yeah i was there for the last Game at comiski and one of the first ones at.
Speaker 3: THE cell i. Remember that, YOU know i think charm is.
Speaker 2: The word you're, probably like we want something that has a little charm, to it a little nostalgia. As well but what is the best Stadium?
Speaker 5: In america.
Speaker 10: Great questions like, actually modern.
Speaker 3: Modern state let.
Speaker 10: Me add one more to the.
Speaker 9: Worst ones everybody's excited to see what happens WITH the RFK because I Think FedExField night or or whatever it's, Called Now northwest Mutual Something northwest stadium is. Widely agreed it's probably the worst STADIUM in, us sports and in a location it's out in the middle, of nowhere is nothing.
Speaker 5: Around it, you.
Speaker 9: Know you literally had sewage fall, on people railings, fall over they. Got SUED so i think everybody is stoke to see what happens with with them AND potentially rfk the. Best stadium this is a, great question and it's probably like a. Bit objective it kind of depends sports, a sport it's going to.
Speaker 5: Be DIFFERENT but I.
Speaker 9: Think i really love the mid city kind of older. STYLE ballparks i think. EVERYBODY does i would EVEN say i would even Say The pittsburgh pirates have a, pretty strong pretty, strong case which has always cracked, me up because if you had promotion and Relegation In Major, league baseball, you know they'd probably they'd probably be A single a team. By now but because because they don't, get relegated they've invested in their ballpark and, it's Beautiful The candy yards is it's definitely. UP there, i mean they're about to do a major renovation, on it which will. Modernize IT but i, don't think, YOU know i don't THINK that's i don't think they're going to touch it any of the kind of mystique, of it, YOU know.
Speaker 10: I don't i.
Speaker 9: Don't Overly love Benway and wrigley because they're they're really really, old like so they are, very cramped and, you know and in terms of somebody who, visits stadiums.
Speaker 10: You know it's not it's not like a great it's not a. Great, time.
Speaker 9: Yeah that's that's a. GREAT question i Really. Like pittsburgh it's a great it's a. Great, ballpark brett thanks for.
Speaker 3: Joining us we. Appreciate, it yeah.
Speaker 10: It's fun thanks for, having me, All right.
Speaker 3: Brett McCormick Sports.
Speaker 2: Business journal now you start to look at, THESE stadiums, i mean it's it's incredible the number of stadiums that are being built. Or renovated and you go back To What stan cronk Did In, los angeles even With The Golden, State, warriors like you want to have something and then you want apartments. Around it you you want to have things. Around it and it helps when you have a basketball or a, baseball team certainly a, Baseball team so you get eighty one, days there maybe you get the postseason, in there but then the other days you want to be able to get concerts.
Speaker 3: In there you want events.
Speaker 2: In there if you're GOT an, nfl stadium THAT'S where i understand that you're gonna want. A dome And if cleveland wants to, move OUT although i love, that location.
Speaker 3: Can't you put a dome on? That STADIUM.
Speaker 2: And i think most financial experts will say the people who benefit from this are. The owners it's not like cities do the real estate people and the owners usually do well. With this, it's, like hey this is gonna, provide job this is gonna mean and This.
Speaker 3: Is, i'm, like, Okay.
Speaker 4: Okay so what we're gonna do is take this teams out of the city and then build a new stadium to build a city around the new stadium that we took out of.
Speaker 3: The, CITY yeah i.
Speaker 2: DON'T agree i don't KNOW if i want to go to the SUBURBS where. I, go hey, come, on kids we're going to the suburbs that you're going to go out there to a restaurant in the suburbs if you live twenty, miles away.
Speaker 4: They're typically not You Know michelin star restaurants that they put around.
Speaker 2: These, Things, Yeah Hey gordon ramsey opened up a new. Restaurant here, let's.
Speaker 3: Go, kid yeah it's Called. A plebe's oh, all right we'll get phone calls. Coming up just.
Speaker 2: Getting start at, Hour two, jermaine O'Neil former, nba player will, join us and your phone calls.
Speaker 3: As well we'll take. A break we're back.
Speaker 1: After This Fox sports radio has the best sports talk lineup in. The nation catch all of our Shows At foxsports radio dot com and Within the. iHeartRadio APP search fsr to. Listen, live Hey, it's ben host Of The fifth Hour With. Ben mallero mean a lot to have you join us on our weekly. Auditory journey, you're asking What in god's name Is The. Fifth hour i'll tell you it's a spin off. Of It Ben, maler show a cult hit OVERNIGHTS. On fsr why should? You listen picture if?
Speaker 5: You will a?
Speaker 1: World will we chat with captains of industry, in media sports and more every week explore.
Speaker 3: Some amazing facts about human nature.
Speaker 2: And more listen To The fifth Hour With ben maller On, The iHeartRadio apple.
Speaker 3: Podcast or wherever you get.
Speaker 2: Your podcasts more phone calls will settle on a pull Question for.
Speaker 3: Hour two dan And the Dan Atge Stan.
Speaker 2: Patrick show, jermaine O'Neil head Coach Of Dynamic prep Academy, In. Irving texas he played eighteen seasons IN, the nba played for seven, different teams and back in nineteen, ninety six seventeenth pick overall By The Portland. Trail, blazers jermaine good to catch up with. You again take me back to that. Draft night what were you seventeen years of age? Back, THEN yeah i.
Speaker 6: Was seventeen first, Of, ALL dan i appreciate you having, me BACK so i was good to see and talk.
Speaker 5: To you but it was a pretty.
Speaker 6: Amazing, night obviously back then the rules were a lot different. From perspective once you made, yourself eligible it was no time period where you can go through the. Draft process, it, was hey, you commit you make yourself eligible for.
Speaker 5: The draft, you know you for feed your.
Speaker 6: College eligibility and it was nerve wracking obviously as a seventeen year old and not really knowing what the. Process IS but i was truly blessed to have a guy In marn tellham who was my agent And UH. Son, p carrol, you know who went through the process with me and helped educate educate me about the, you know the PROCESS that i was about to.
Speaker 3: Go, into okay but seventeen on, the, road.
Speaker 5: Right, SO listen i got to. Say this, you Know.
Speaker 6: The Portland trail blazers did an amazing job on being prepared for a seventeen year old and all of. My teammates they made SURE that i they did things with me on the road that you know that made sense for my age and and they were prepared for me to.
Speaker 3: Get there how did they?
Speaker 2: Prepare you because there's a lot of things that can go wrong on, the road no matter, how old you.
Speaker 6: Are one, hundred PERCENT though i think a lot of It, IS honestly i stuck with the core values of how my mother, raised me making SURE that i understood what my purpose WAS when i. Got, THERE obviously i knew the task of trying to become a professional athlete and a good professional athlete in basketball was, very difficult, you know because of that big age gap. And transition but, you know my focus was, you know, you know always proved not only to the people that were SAYING that i wasn't a great draft pick at, the time but, you know for myself most IMPORTANTLY that.
Speaker 5: I KNEW what.
Speaker 2: I Was cooper flag's going in that, same age that same Age. As lebron what advice would you?
Speaker 8: Give?
Speaker 6: Him man just, you know obviously things a lot different now from a perspective of social, social media and we're seeing this impact on how social makes.
Speaker 5: People feel he has to be able to give hisself some grace.
Speaker 6: As well, YOU know i was just a lot of pressure being the number, one pick going to a situation that, you know he lost another really, good player so people are expecting him to come in and feel.
Speaker 5: A void he needs to really just focus on what he can do.
Speaker 6: In his development and give itself grace over a period of time that he has to understand the transition from college TO.
Speaker 3: The nba you Coached Against, COOPER flag, i did you know quite.
Speaker 6: A bit, you know he's he was in my sons that originally the twenty twenty, five class and then he. RECLASSED up i think it's after his. Junior Year but i've been Coaching, against cooper, you know since seventh.
Speaker 3: Eighth grade and what did? You see when did you? See it?
Speaker 5: You know the first thing that jumped out to me.
Speaker 6: Right away used to WEAR these i Called The patrick ewing knee pass all.
Speaker 5: The time and he was. A kid i, was like why why is?
Speaker 3: This kid.
Speaker 5: But his?
Speaker 6: Talent level he always had, ball skills, you know bring the, ball up, you know beat people off. The dribble he's. Always athletic. You know the THING that i Loved, about COOPER and i, told him listen To LAST nike YbO game that you KNOW that i coached, against, him men is that he approached the game the. Right way he's never, sped up he's never shot. Chasing right he can impact. The GAME but i didn't even have the ball in. His hand how, you know, he defends how he, blocks shots how, he rebounds how he communicates.
Speaker 5: His Team so i'm deaf and looking for great things for his kid in.
Speaker 2: His Career but carmelo came out on A podcast i think he might have Been With, paul george and he Said that cooper doesn't have, the bag like he doesn't have that. Signature MOVE and, i said but he does. EVERYTHING else, i mean, he's seventeen eighteen years. OF age i don't expect him to have that signature move. Right away did you see like he can always be a, better shooter, deeper shooter but it feels like he can go, inside out doesn't mind contact those kind. Of things, but offensively what would you suggest he needs to work on?
Speaker 6: The shooting OBVIOUSLY the nba is about, shooting now so the. Consistent shooting obviously the three point line is a little bit deeper than. The COLLEGE but i would Agree. With, Carmelo, carmelo actually You Know KYENE is i was in that, same class so, you know we've been seeing each Other the joe for a very. Long time but, from perspective it's important that he understands that he doesn't have to be anybody else.
Speaker 5: But, Himself right he's Like a swiss, army.
Speaker 6: Knife right he has so many different things that he can bring to the table and he just needs to focus. On that, you know he doesn't have a, flashy bag but his flashes.
Speaker 2: His impact i'm Talking to, jermaine, O'Neil head Coach Of Dynamic prep Academy, In irving texas and spend eighteen seasons IN.
Speaker 3: The nba do you have.
Speaker 2: A theory on why we've Seen these? Achilles tears.
Speaker 5: That's interesting we've been talking to talking a lot.
Speaker 6: ABOUT this, i think, you know one of the things that people, talk about, you know, the pace and the pace is. REALLY fast i think, from perspective, you know the days, of practicing, you know like. Really practicing, you know they don't practice, as, much right they have, more downtime and when you look at, the pace you know of how fast, they're PLAYING and i don't know if the body's as conditioned to play at.
Speaker 5: That pace so they have a lot of, rest days not a lot of.
Speaker 6: Contact days and so from a perspective, of like, you know being able to be conditioned for that quick twitch to change, your possession, you know that is SOMETHING that i think has has a lot to do.
Speaker 2: With it your kids ask about who you played against or you're welcome TO the? Nba moment Did they they want to know what was it like guarding or being? Guarded by who's? The player of players they, ASK about i don't.
Speaker 6: Think the kids Really ask they always ask about how was? It right it's always the question of how was it to play in, The league and, you know how was to play against, you know Guys like Shaq and kobe and And was Lebron And. Michael jordan i've been able to play against, you know all.
Speaker 3: Of them but what was your welcome TO the? Nba moment Mm Hmm keema lodge One, in houston, and uh that was not.
Speaker 5: A great matchup. For me.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a great matchup for a lot of guys Your, main yeah.
Speaker 6: You know and it's, So, FUNNY dan i don't think people talk enough about a king Like the king is literally.
Speaker 5: He was he had, the footwork he had, the moves, you know he.
Speaker 6: Had the I'M shot i mean obviously he's all time, shot blocking, you know leader you know IN. THE nba i mean he just impacted the game and so many times and. Many times, you know people don't give him a lot of credit, to us but he was fasting a lot in his career and it's hard to do and play at, that level, you know not being able to.
Speaker 5: Eat, before games eating through, you know eat through a period.
Speaker 2: Of, TIME yeah i think, he's underrated like because we look at the big man and then it's old by the, oh yeah then A chem. Elijah on but, you know, HIS footwork i think soccer really. HELPED him i thought his footwork was impeccable for a.
Speaker 3: Big man he's just dance.
Speaker 6: With people and, YOU know i remember killing in the GAME and i try to give him all of, my files right and it was wasn't in the game to sub somebody else in.
Speaker 5: Foul trouble it's eighteen. Years old. It was it. Was ridiculous but, you know he's a GUY that.
Speaker 6: I always liked to watch because he was almost impossible. To guard, you know he can hit you, with anything and he was like. A ballerina i think he just danced with you at.
Speaker 3: All times, jordan's uh take advantage.
Speaker 5: Of You now i've had a chance to.
Speaker 6: Guard Him but Jordan is people always have this conversation about, you know. The greatest and first, Of all i'm, you know these are these guys are, all great, you know within their own, you know their own uh you, Know Games but jordan himself had a DIFFERENT or i remember being In An all star game and obviously you've been in the locker room and, it's like, you know everybody's his best players in, the, world right and we, consider ourselves, you know so the best you know IN. The Nba and jordan's always come in a little, bit, Late right he's, a lad but you can hear. Him coming AND what i mean, by that you hear it's kind of like the noise and then you hit the cameras and then he walks into the locker room and everybody just stopped talking and just he just walks by and he'll be. Just looking he was almost like, a god, you know to, be honest and, you know he's done so.
Speaker 5: Much for, the.
Speaker 6: Game MAN but i think his impact generationally has just been something that we, hadn't seen you.
Speaker 3: Know Before did kobe have? THAT too.
Speaker 6: I think kobe, had it, YOU know i think, you Know obviously lebron has it, as well but they don't.
Speaker 5: Have it was like it's like great AND is a AND then B.
Speaker 6: And c you Know what i'm saying from a perspective of like how we, as players, you know when we, see, him right, YOU know i grew Up, with kobe so, you know we're in the same high, school CLASS so i didn't necessarily.
Speaker 5: Look at him.
Speaker 6: That way, You Know michael jordan is the one, THAT really, i think, you know really TOOK the, nba to, you know the.
Speaker 5: Next level, you know with.
Speaker 3: His starting mike has a mystery.
Speaker 2: About him, you know there's not a Mystery, with lebron maybe not a Mystery.
Speaker 3: With kobe What was kobe like though you faced him?
Speaker 6: In, camps, Yeah yeah we've been facing each other since we. Were Thirteen and kobe was always dedicated. To basketball AND what i mean by that is like he he literally didn't carried around a Lot Of michael, Jordan taates like he would not do the typical things that we would do. At camps he wouldn't really hang. Out much he was, always studying. Always STUDYING so i wasn't surprised to see the type of career that he had because he wanted to sacrifice other things just to make sure he was considered one of the graces.
Speaker 2: EVER play i remember Talking To rick fox some Of the lakers and they were out at a BAR and, i Said where's Kobe And. Derek fisher, they LAUGHED and, i go why? You're laughing, they go he didn't. Go out he stays in. His room, i'm, Like, okay, SO.
Speaker 5: Yeah i, THINK then i think that was the.
Speaker 6: Biggest thing like early in, his career you heard a lot of noise about he wasn't a, great, TEAMMATE right, i mean people didn't know a lot about him on his, own TEAM and i think some of that was.
Speaker 5: That was his, genetic.
Speaker 6: Makeup right he was, always, Studying right he's, always preparing, and yeah to, a point it was almost too, you know a default when it came to how people perceive his own teammates proceeding because, they didn't, you know get a chance to hang out. With them and that's one of the things that we always do on. The team we are always around. Each other and if you don't see, your teammate then you your, mindset, is hey he doesn't want to be, around us or you know.
Speaker 5: Something else but he was always studying.
Speaker 2: And Preparing This dame lillard situation is really interesting. For Me the bucks are going to pay him one hundred million dollars to, Not play he's going, To rehab he's going to be. THIRTY six i think it's, a huge huge Opportunity For dame lillard in a team that will get him next spring when he's healthy and could be helping a team in. The playoffs your thoughts on What the bucks Did And dame, Lillard's, future, Well one i'm.
Speaker 5: Not surprised you know about the.
Speaker 6: Business now Obviously the apron tax your threshold now is in, full effect so teams are trying to figure out ways to maneuver. Around that so things like this is probably this is probably not gonna be, you know last time we see something. Like this but From A dame, LILLARD perspective i think he now has a true opportunity to win a championship now because now he gets you just have To have he doesn't have to rush back to figure out free agency or, you know whatever it. May be he can really take his time and really evaluate, each roster evaluate his. Best fit and, you know for a player that gets a chance to basically sit out a.
Speaker 5: Year, AND prepare i mean that's an.
Speaker 6: Amazing opportunity and by the way still get paid over the next five years twenty plus million dollars from a team that you don't.
Speaker 3: Play for did people think you were Related? To, shank yeah all.
Speaker 6: The time it's funny because Me and shack have family Members, in southron so we did talk a little bit.
Speaker 5: About IT but i get that question all.
Speaker 3: The time what was it like to? Guard him?
Speaker 6: Very difficult, YOU know i Really believe shaq is he's a special. Human, being obviously he's, a giant, incredibly strong, very kind HARD and i think even to, a point is as dominant as he as he was in his career and probably one of the most maybe the most dominant player at that position we've. Ever seen, you know he really cared, about people and sometimes he will pull up a little bit if he liked you in, the game and, you know.
Speaker 3: He's just what do, you mean how would you he wasn't taken?
Speaker 5: To, you well, he will you, could tell like, he will he.
Speaker 6: Won't like it's certain players that you knew he, didn't, Like right and you can tell from start, to, Finish right and then you get.
Speaker 5: In games sometimes you see him talking and.
Speaker 6: Laughing with the guys that he's competing AGAINST and i think some of it was to respect for, other people but also to, You.
Speaker 5: KNOW shaq I think shock understood just how strong.
Speaker 6: He was i've never ever seen or played against a person, that size that nimble and. That, strong uh and he could really probably just, you know people wouldn't grabbing him all.
Speaker 5: The time, you know he had, great.
Speaker 6: Composure but he could have really just dominated people if he really wanted to just.
Speaker 2: Destroy Everybody the pacers, moving forward it almost feels like they might be taking this next year Off with haliburton Hurt And miles turner goes to.
Speaker 3: The box what do?
Speaker 2: You think, you know You, got celtics, They're Damaged the knicks are going to, be There the cabs are going to.
Speaker 3: Be there seventy six ers.
Speaker 2: Aren't MUCH but, i Mean the pacers were a feel good story and then all of, a sudden now You're without haliburton and you're going to Be Without.
Speaker 3: Miles, turner.
Speaker 5: Yeah it's one of those things in really.
Speaker 6: Pro sports but, you KNOW you i was rooting For the pacers to, win IT and i thought that they could win it if it wasn't for.
Speaker 5: That injury but.
Speaker 6: Like you, Never know like in, this business you have to almost be all in you know in the year that you can you can you know you can, get there because things like an injury or, you know or a coaching change or a key player going to a, different team it derails it and it doesn't really guarante he, you know you you'll get. Back there, you know hell That was it took twenty five years to get to that. Point AGAIN so i do believe that it's an opportunity for some of the other young teams with all the injuries you know that, we've had, you know late season with guy's been out all of, next year Like The, orlando Magic The. TORONTO raptors I think i Think the sixers can get back if, they're healthy, you.
Speaker 5: Know dominant but, you know.
Speaker 3: We'll see when's the lasestime? You, dunked.
Speaker 5: Uh probably a couple maybe a month or.
Speaker 3: So ago, oh okay just showing off, AND.
Speaker 6: Listen i can go to a right league right now and leading. AND scoring i PROMISE you. I. Could, GOOD yeah i still try to stay in pretty good shape and believe it, or not EVERY year i have kids off from my school or my club that wants to challenge me one. On one i'm the old guy that they seem to think that they can beat and have to. Remind THEM and i got paid to do this for, a career, you Know so i'm not gonna allow a teenager.
Speaker 3: To be could you so you Could Beat cooper flag one? On ONE so.
Speaker 5: I didn't i didn't say all.
Speaker 2: Of, that okay, all right it felt like you were on the verge of.
Speaker 3: Saying, That no i'm not saying all of that.
Speaker 6: Right, now okay THERE'S what i will tell YOU if i had if we had a possession game where we were playing mid posts to posts and we're going to let's call it five to one, ON one i like.
Speaker 3: My, chances OKAY.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 5: I don't i don't like your response. On that though you have no faith, IN me.
Speaker 3: I don't have to.
Speaker 2: SEE it, i mean what are you, forty five, forty six? Forty six and if we're just paying playing in, the, post yeah you're you're going To Dominate.
Speaker 6: Cooper, Flag listen I'M saying i will be ABLE to i like my chances against anybody in the post at. This, point now if we're talking about playing, Full court i'm not, Doing That like i'm gonna lose.
Speaker 5: That battle these legs don't have that.
Speaker 2: Much, gas OKAY if i have You against Victor winbin yama right now in the post.
Speaker 3: And we're just, straight, posts yes, Post, work, YEAH yeah.
Speaker 5: I think i got. A chance I, do, okay ABSOLUTELY then i can, RIGHT now i can, work again Let's beat, That's.
Speaker 3: Okay okay you know how these these comments go when.
Speaker 8: You say you gotta?
Speaker 3: GO viral, i, Know.
Speaker 6: Right, so listen if we, just, said hey don't we bo on, the post we go one on one versus me garden and and and me having, OFFENSIVE possessions i still like my chances against ANYBODY because i still am pretty nimble from a perspective of being able. To, play now if it goes to like going up and down the court and screening rolls and all, that stuff yeah you can take me out. Of that but if it's mono, and mono let's, POST up I think i got.
Speaker 3: A chance so You'd beat lebron if you. Post up.
Speaker 5: Then this IS.
Speaker 6: Because i believe THAT if i had the ball and if we plan just straight, post, UP yeah.
Speaker 5: I Believe that i'm. Strong.
Speaker 6: ENOUGH still I think i'm still agile enough to score in the low POSTS because i do it.
Speaker 5: EVERY year i still go on to. Basketball quest still, you know. Do things.
Speaker 6: I'm listening i'm sure if You Ask joe johnson, these, things right you ask any of the older guys that still, work out they're going to tell you the. Same thing but they're not going, to, SAY look i can run up and down the court with, these guys because.
Speaker 5: We're not we can't.
Speaker 2: Do that so you Could dominate lebron in, the post is what, you're Saying and cooper flag you can. DOMINATE him i said that VICTORIN be i just want to MAKE sure i got this right.
Speaker 3: FOR me i just Want to.
Speaker 6: I'm SAYING that I have i FEEL like i have a chance to win a one on one in the low POST like ut win it, or not. We'll see but if we're talking about just playing one on one in, the post THERE'S something i do, every, YEAR right i still still work out quite.
Speaker 3: A Bit and lebron's not that much younger.
Speaker 6: Than you so and men shout Out to, lebron, too then like forty plus years old doing what.
Speaker 2: He's. Doing amazing great to talk to. You again keep working on the low, Post, MOVES okay.
Speaker 5: I will i. Appreciate it In.
Speaker 2: That's, jermaine O'Neill head Coach Of Dynamic prep Academy, In. Irving texas it didn't matter WHAT name i. Threw out you could just see he's just. Processing it IT'S like i like. My, Chances, yes mark but.
Speaker 8: We talked about that yesterday when, You, said Hey Does james harden think he's better than so? And so these guys they're. Wired, DIFFERENT yes.
Speaker 2: I Still want lebron to Say, to katie do you think you're better?
Speaker 3: Than me on? That, podcast damn that would be a. Great, question yes.
Speaker 4: But these kids don't play The way, jermaine O'Neill guys like him grew, up. Playing right they don't play that post sort of banging bodies kind. Of, thing, heck yeah he Could Push. Cooper flag he's gonna he can. Look on he Can Push victor. Wembenyama around, heck yet he's.
Speaker 3: Not Gonna push.
Speaker 2: Lebron around Maybe, Not OKAY but i like THE confidence i, have that, you know blind drunk.
Speaker 3: Confidence too take a break back, after.
Speaker 1: This be sure to catch the live Edition Of The Dan patrick show weekdays at Nine am eastern Six am Pacific On Fox sports radio And THE iHeartRadio wap saw.
Speaker 2: This Story The cleveland Brown's insider Mary. Kay cabot she Said That deshaun watson reportedly Has Taken shadoor sanders under.
Speaker 3: His wing.
Speaker 5: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: According to Mary, Kay Cabot deshaun watson has been an awesome teammate inside the, quarterback room most, meeting rooms a great cheerleader for the.
Speaker 3: Four quarterbacks buying for the. Starting john.
Speaker 5: What could?
Speaker 3: Go wrong.
Speaker 2: And in Fairness To, deshaun watson maybe he truly is going To Help shadoor sanders be, a quarterback. Be PROFESSIONAL and i know you're going to say from a guy who, wasn't professional but he was a very good quarterback at, one point he was a very. Good quarterback i'll probably get a little intel In The, cleveland browns if, not today, maybe tomorrow maybe a little bit More because i'm reading varying reports there about you know who's, the favorite and, you know Is It? Kenny pickett which it Feels Like kenny pickett might be the leader in. The clubhouse but that's just to start. The season keep, in Mind the browns have two first round picks, next year just, you know you put that out there of maybe they don't have. Their quarterback greatest week? In sports who had the greatest week? In, Sports todd i'll start. With you the best week, In sports i'm giving IT To sg they signs a new, four year two hundred and eighty five Million dollars.
Speaker 8: Supermax extension his salary will steadily in christmsword reaches seventy eight million during the thirty thirty. One season according to our, Guest Yesterday Bobby Marks.
Speaker 3: Satan dame it's not. Even close and you know that's a.
Speaker 4: Great week You got paide a gajillion dollars to go wherever, he wants march my word.
Speaker 3: Next spring. He's Healthy Marvin.
Speaker 8: Miles turner signing it a nice big deal after a long career With.
Speaker 5: The pacers good, for.
Speaker 3: Him, All. Right paul best week? In sports i'll Go With pittsburgh.
Speaker 7: Steeler fans it feels like your team has a, new URGENCY and i think they had a nice month off.
Speaker 9: The.
Speaker 3: FIELD yeah i just NEED.
Speaker 2: The tj watts situation to, be rectified, because look If the bengals Bring Back, trey hendrickson they finally get him, in camp and what, Is It shamar stewart and he, comes In the bengals are going to be there to win that division if those two. THINGS happen i really believe that they will be there at. The end with that offense and you get a little bit of, defense there all you have to do is be middle of the pack because that offense is going to. Be Elite final hour on the way our Good Buddy, jim JACKSON former. Nba player lots of things to talk about. WITH him I enjoyed. GERMAINE O'Neil i hope you enjoyed it. As well had a great appearance last time he was on. As Well final hour In, this wednesday right after this