Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: H Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 4: It's a Monday inside the SWBC podcast studio, and we are still alive.
Speaker 5: I don't do it.
Speaker 6: We are still alive here on mixed Shots.
Speaker 4: Bill Jones, Everson Walls, and Mickey Spagnola can take on a victory Monday, staying alive Monday.
Speaker 6: You can't take it that we all predicted.
Speaker 4: We did right right.
Speaker 5: I can't do it, guys, What do you mean? I don't have it in you know what.
Speaker 6: To believe to get excited, get excited again.
Speaker 5: I can't do it, man.
Speaker 4: You know what I was like you yesterday? Okay, when the New Orleans Saints decided to go for two and it was an incomplete pass. Yeah, It's like, well that.
Speaker 6: Does it even close?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well it was. I mean it was as time expired.
Speaker 5: And apparently get the ball or was it just it was it.
Speaker 4: Was kind of like the same play that they scored on but you know, an attempt. But but okay, So I was down, Okay that, okay, it's done. And then on the drive end of day, I started putting two and two together and figuring out that I looked. I looked at the Washington schedule going forward, and they've got to play Philadelphia this week. And then they get in Atlanta and Kirk Cousins goes back to Washington, has another You like that, You like that moment. And then the Cowboys finished with Washington, and then you look at Seattle and they lost Geno Smith and yesterday and they lost the game against Green Bay, and start looking at their schedule going forward, and they could finish eight to nine. You need the Rams to get hot, okay, and they've already gotten hot to win that division. Then you look at the Cardinals, and the Cardinals can finish eight and nine. Also, by golly, there's still a chance, Mickey, there's still a chance.
Speaker 6: You take care of your own business.
Speaker 4: You gotta win out, gotta win Washington, lose out, and just a couple of little tweaks along the way.
Speaker 6: And so the hard part is beating Philadelphia at Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: No, the hard part's beating Tampa Bay because it's a hard because it's a home game. No, did you see what Tampa Bay did the charges yesterday?
Speaker 7: I did?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 4: They fell behind seventeen to ten and then they went on a thirty to nothing run forty to seventeen. Baker Mayfield and the Bucks, and they're coming here on Sunday night football. See, there's a reason that NBC picked the cat used to play on Sunday night because there's still a chance. How is your trip to Carolina, Mickey?
Speaker 6: It was. It was very good. Yes it was cold, yes, look cold, winter coat cold and uh but you know we were staying downtown ten minutes from the stadium, about twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: From the airport. You see Bill Belichick real good?
Speaker 6: Did not see I didn't see him in that in Charlotte parade.
Speaker 5: There was no parade for Belichick. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Chapel Hill is not real close to show, No, it's not.
Speaker 6: It's a pretty long drive, about three I've done it several times, probably about three hours. Oh wow, I want to say.
Speaker 5: That's a lot for a small state, like.
Speaker 6: To the triangle there with all three schools.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I used to go there and cover games in South Carolina's gorgeous. Yeah, it's really gorgeous. But yeah, you know, and got home at eight o'clock or landed.
Speaker 4: So that was good.
Speaker 6: Now we'll pay for it Sunday because it's a night game.
Speaker 5: Right. How was the How was it right at home?
Speaker 6: H fine? I mean those guys sleep, everybody sleeps. I'm working. I got my ear pods in so I don't hear anything. But yeah, no, there was you know, locker room was was good. They acted like they had showed up there that they plan to win the game. Yeah, did what they were supposed to do. So I don't know that there was a big celebration, but very good performance by individuals about by the defense for sure, and uh kind of did what they were supposed to do. And you know, without the unfortunate two plays at the end of the half, they dominated the game. Should have been up thirteen to nothing, if not seventeen to nothing.
Speaker 7: That happened.
Speaker 4: I was Carolina favorite in that game. That's a good question narrative of oh this Carolina, they're playing well.
Speaker 5: They weren't playing well. They played the game against Philly opened a lot of people's eyes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because they were leading then they fell behind. It goes to show not till the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: I think it goes to show in this league if you take care of the football and just hang around, even against really good teams, you can still be hanging around at the end of the game. And there's this mirage that we have a good team.
Speaker 6: But well they lost what three points to Kansas City over time?
Speaker 4: But okay, hold on Kansas City. Every game Kansas City.
Speaker 6: Won doesn't matter except yesterday.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: What was the score yesterday?
Speaker 5: Well? Seven yesterday wasn't about to score for as a city.
Speaker 4: Patrick Mahomes have do you have a he has an ankle injury?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: High ankle spring tell But they got the best record in the league.
Speaker 6: Now, well, the Cowboys defense dominated, uh Carolina at if you the.
Speaker 4: Cowboys offense dominated the Carolina deep. There's a reason Carolina's defense is worse than the league. Yeah, and they showed it yesterday.
Speaker 6: Ran for two hundred and eleven yards. They had held until the eighty three yard touchdown pass. They had held them to ninety four total yards, and and Bryce Young had thrown for fifty one of those. That was it until the fumble. Then the blown coverage. I don't know if I've seen coverage blown that bad before, but it has blown. What happened, well, if you go back and see how they were lined up, was on the wide receiver to the outside. That guy cut inside, so I'm assuming they were sort of zoning those guys, right, you weren't in man, so he goes inside. Well, Jordan Lewis has got that guy. A Warria stood there and just looked inside and just ed he didn't see I mean he saw him and he ran right by him and the safeties were over to the other side. And uh yeah, just a blown coverage. And it was you know, everybody wants to congratulate Rice Young, but you could have thrown that pass. That guy was so wide open. Uh so yeah. And then before that, and I hate to harp on it, but just hand the ball to rico'dado on third and one. You don't have to do anything fancy because.
Speaker 4: Well what they were doing wasn't fancy. I mean it was.
Speaker 5: Fake.
Speaker 4: And then Ferguson was wide open.
Speaker 6: And see and that's what they were doing because Ferguson went in motion and it was going to be wide open.
Speaker 5: You've got to do before they've run that play before.
Speaker 6: And then you just roll with them and you either run it or throw a little toss.
Speaker 4: That's the issue, is the role, the issue out the is the issue with this quarterback issue?
Speaker 5: Well, he is not that fleet of foot I know.
Speaker 6: That's why I said, just handed to Donald. Y'all needed was you.
Speaker 5: Ask him to get out on the dance floor and dance. He did.
Speaker 4: He wound up completing a pass for a touchdown on a roll out on a scrambled drill. But the the inaccurate throws that he is making that if you go back and look at him, most of them are when he's on the move, you know, and the other things including last week against with wide open Ferguson, he was rolling left and it was a bad throw.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just he's got a slow he you know, we're dealing with someone with just limited athletic ability who's really doing well in that regard because he is not that athletic. His footwork is not that great. I'm sure he would tell you that when you when you start doing all these little cute plays where you got to have a step here, step in here, and he's bringing in out look. All of that is that's a lot for a person and that's take that for granted. That's when quarterbacks do that. That's something that you try.
Speaker 4: And that's when that's exactly what I was thinking. And he's got on his mind. Okay, I got to get out there, and so he doesn't clear the on the fake right, he doesn't clear Dowdell's hip, and he loses the football.
Speaker 5: That's why he's not an option quarterback. Every quarterback can do option quarterback.
Speaker 6: And now that possession, remember they were driving and then they got the holding penalty and they had to go back ten yards and they made it up.
Speaker 4: And so a lot of this that's over the last six weeks is understanding the limitation of the quarterback, you know. And that's why it was a slow start the first three games. And they have figured out that, Okay, this is what we need to do, uh to win football.
Speaker 5: But to your they know what they need to work on in regards to his weaknesses. Because that play is going to come up again. We're going to run that play. Got to be able to but they're to make sure that when we run it, he is ready and he follows the steps that they put on the They had the footprints on the dancing floor. He needs to follow those steps and get this.
Speaker 4: Out there on the practice field repetition to get it down.
Speaker 5: But ready for that name simple.
Speaker 6: And I said it when I saw it. It's like just hand them.
Speaker 4: They thought they were keeping it simple. That was simple.
Speaker 5: That was simple for most. It's just not for him.
Speaker 6: It's too cute for me. But other than that, they're wiping that team out. And I don't know if they score the touchdown they did late. That seems to be one thing that's happening. When they get a lead like that. The team drives down and gets a touchdown.
Speaker 4: Always the biggest play the game, biggest play of the.
Speaker 6: Game, well, there were several. There was probably probably the first play of the third quarter exactly.
Speaker 4: That's what I thought. So decided. He came out of the locker room in halftime and decided we're not losing to this team. And it's like the first three offensive plays basically, or three of the first five he just blew up to start the second half of that game. And now the offense has to be able to convert that into points.
Speaker 6: But you're thinking, okay, you just gave up that touchdown. Now it's ten to seven. You breathe life into them, and they get the ball home at home and they get to start the second half, and then the first play you caused the fumble and then you take it downfield in.
Speaker 4: The first of six second half sacks. Yeah, for the doubt defense. They had sacked him no times in the first half of the game, and they took command of that game.
Speaker 5: It was like you said, they did what they were supposed to do. That's the thought process. I'm great to hear that. That's that's because we do have and we'll get to Tampa. But yeah, we're gonna have to escalate.
Speaker 6: Well and and and and you know what you were thinking. When you breathe life into the team and then they get the ball to start the second half, it's like, okay, here we go. We've seen this before, right right, and then you just shut it down. Not only did they sack them six times in the game, they had ten quarterback hits. Uh so they were a couple of times. I don't know he who DEENI did? I mean he escaped out of that pocket the first time, yeah, but not again or the third time or the fourth time, right.
Speaker 4: Which which is why when yesterday morning I was listening. I went behind enemy lines and was listening to the Carolina Panthers pregame show and they were referring him. We now have our franchise quarterback Bryce Young and what he's done the last five weeks, or.
Speaker 5: That's what I like about it. You have a guy that's feeling good about himself. They're at home. It's set up for us to come in and blow it, and we did not. Yeah, and man, we played the way we were supposed to play.
Speaker 4: And with that play at the end of the first half with the fumble and then completely eighty three yard pass, they were believing in themselves again, and so you had to take that away from them. And that's what the Dallas defense did. In a second.
Speaker 6: Would you think when he's lighting up for seventy seventy yard.
Speaker 5: Field goal, I was hoping.
Speaker 6: I was hoping I saw him. I didn't think I saw him warming up that way. And from the last one he took was fifty nine yards.
Speaker 4: And it wasn't close.
Speaker 5: Too cold, it was too cold.
Speaker 6: The field was still kind of moist.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little, did you have a little bit and there.
Speaker 6: Was wind coming across. I think he thought, Okay, I got to power it through that wind and he overswung. If you notice that wasn't his normal leg swing. He tried to I don't think I've ever seen him. He tried to muscle up right, because if you saw the trajectory of the ball, if they had gotten a hand up, they would have blocked it, I think, right. But it was a nice try, especially since they stopped the return and.
Speaker 4: Since he came back and it won later.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so fifty Yeah, you'd worry that.
Speaker 4: It's like the home run Derby effect. He tried to hit home runs and out screws up your swing.
Speaker 6: Well, I'd already hit the fifty two, and then he came back and hit from forty five and yeah, forty five, forty one. I don't even watch him anymore. I just write down. Well, so, but you know, they they ended up doing what they needed to do, and they had a bunch of people step up, right. Jalen Brooks his first.
Speaker 4: That when we come back, a lot of people from the Carolina that's right, stepped up in Carolina on Sunday. That and much more when mix Shots continues.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 8: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 7: Slides for the first down.
Speaker 8: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 7: My goodness, wow, did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Demic shuts.
Speaker 5: The most electrifying event of the holiday season is here. Cowboys Christmas Extravaganza powered by Reliant is back at the Star in Frisco. Join us every Friday and Saturday Night from November twenty two through December twenty first for a spectacular holiday show with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, Rhythm and Blue, Rowdy, Santa Claus, and surprise tree lighting appearance from your favorite Cowboys heroes. Best of all, the show is free. For details, visit the Star District dot com. Don't miss out on holiday magic.
Speaker 4: She said you're gonna be there.
Speaker 5: I did not that way.
Speaker 6: It said your favorite Cowboys stars.
Speaker 5: I did. Are you saying that I am my favorite Cowboys?
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying that you're my favorite Cowboys.
Speaker 5: You need to read this then next time, right.
Speaker 4: Well, you said that they're your favorite Cowboys heroes are going to be there, and so you're my favorite Cowboy hero and so I assume you're gonna be there.
Speaker 5: I have been. I have been off the radar this year. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: You know you love back on the radar over.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's that's Christmas, Joy said, Christmas.
Speaker 6: You know what just struck me. They were showing the uh AFC races.
Speaker 4: Ye, they're about done denvers nine and five. Yeah, and did you see their game yesterday? I mean I say that game yesterday. Yeah, I was just they were just showing it. I was going to bring it up. I'm glad you brought it up. How they won that They were trailing the Colts and the Colts really needed that game.
Speaker 5: They did.
Speaker 4: And so they're they're trailing the Colts. Jonathan Taylor's running for a touchdown and he drops the ball before he goes into the engine. No way, did you did he really well? I just saw the replay.
Speaker 5: No, I saw it and I hadn't looked. It was very replay, and wow, I thought he was across.
Speaker 4: So then the Colts throw a double pass. The backwards passed to a wide receiver who then throws back across the field to the quarterback and it gets picked for a for a touchdown for the Broncos.
Speaker 5: The lineman didn't stay on the line back.
Speaker 4: No, I mean he was not open at all, and so picked off pick six and they wound up winn like thirty to thirteen.
Speaker 5: Denver did Yeah, that was that was I really thought the Colts had the charge of that game. I thought they went charge of that game the entire time. Then they started trying to get cute. You don't need a trick play at that time on the road, it.
Speaker 4: Was it was thirteen to ten. No, no, I'm sorry, it was thirteen to seven Colts. And then at halftime Colts did nothing in the second half. Broncos scored a field goal in the third quarter, and so it was still thirteen ten going to the fourth and that was at an I'm Mitchell with the pass that was picked up by Nick Bonito.
Speaker 6: Well, just don't underestimate the coaching power of Sean Payton turning that thing around with a rookie quarterback.
Speaker 4: Who threw three picks. I think yesterday.
Speaker 6: They won and they still scored.
Speaker 4: Bonicks threw three picks, and he also threw three touchdown passes.
Speaker 6: Well, that evens it out, that's right. Yeah, the Denver pick six was the dumbest play ever.
Speaker 4: That's what I was talking about that, Mitchell.
Speaker 6: Well, they threw it backwards like three times. Like, at what point do you think that like, just throw it once?
Speaker 4: Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 5: After a while, you trick him and then you're.
Speaker 6: Checking yourself at some point.
Speaker 5: Back into it because you try to trick him again.
Speaker 4: No, that was ugly, all right, all right, So back to Carolina, Carolina, how many different players with the history in the Carolinas, either grew up there or with the college. There were key contributors and the Cowboys win yesterday. We'll start with the running back, ric o'dowdle.
Speaker 6: One hundred and forty nine yards rushing man.
Speaker 5: That's our goy man. We found out. We found that was it back. I don't care what you say. I mean, we have.
Speaker 6: There were some things that it was him that made it right.
Speaker 4: He's a free agent. With every hundred yard game.
Speaker 5: You should sign him. He knows this game, he knows the scheme. He feeling comfortable with it. There was some moves he made yesterday to where he set up the offensive lineman perfectly to make a good block for him. Uh. He reminded me. And I'm not trying to get all you know, TEI eyed, but he reminded me of Tony Dorr said only in regards to the style that you need to be a successful running back. I love how he floats, floats, floats as he's going lateral, and he knows how to hit that sit. Finally that he knows how to hit that song. Car I always did it, but he usually does it too soon, too soon. It's hard to he showed a lot of patience yesterday. Now, let's be real, your line wouldn't have to block for a running back to have patients. You can't just sit back there like member Ball with the Pittsburgh bell how he used to be. Well, that's because he had a good offensive lineman who were stuck to that defensive lineman.
Speaker 4: And he knew it was going to be there.
Speaker 5: He knew it was going to be there. And that's what he uh, what he saw yesterday, yesterday.
Speaker 6: What he was running behind it right, your center doesn't play, so now your backup guard has to move the center brock Hoffman. And now your backup backup guard T J. Bass is playing and Geyton still not playing. A Doga is still out at left tackle. Then Bass gets hurt, so now they had taken a Doga out with.
Speaker 5: The uh the locker room.
Speaker 6: He went to the locker room with a I believe it was an an extremities a leg injury, that's what they called it. He goes in the locker room. So now Guyton, who didn't practice all week, goes and plays left tackle and actually played better than I remember seeing him play. Now bassts hurt and they tell DOGA, Well, you're the guard. You got to go back in and play right, and and it somehow worked.
Speaker 4: And let's go was playing guard and then they had the game.
Speaker 6: And they put him in when it was saulting away on that last possession.
Speaker 5: I must have been Now, this defense isn't the best defense ever, No, it's Canada the worst. But but they were they had been playing well. Yes, the last three weeks.
Speaker 6: They held Philadelphia had to what seven, well, twenty two points, right.
Speaker 5: That was a tough game for Philadelphia.
Speaker 6: And then the other games I think it was Kansas City seventeen.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So yeah.
Speaker 4: And by the way, brock Hoffman another one of those North Carolinians. He's from Statesville, North Carolina, in the Charlotte metropolitan area.
Speaker 6: So how did he get to where was he North Dakota.
Speaker 4: He went to Coastal Carolina in Virginia, so that's.
Speaker 6: Right, he transferred, Yeah, North Dakota.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: And then yeah, and then Jalen Brooks played at South Carolina, right.
Speaker 4: And he's from North Carolina, yep.
Speaker 6: And then Rico played at South Maryland.
Speaker 4: From Asheville, North Carolina.
Speaker 6: Who else that's it.
Speaker 4: So we had three and mccuamou kamamquamu had an interception. And he actually grew up for a time in South Carolina, then moved to Louisiana in high school, but then was originally born in Louisiana, and then moved from Louisiana to the Carolinas and.
Speaker 6: Then back and he played at South and played at South Carolina.
Speaker 4: There's four guys.
Speaker 6: He always reminds me, He goes, now, you were in the wrong Columbia.
Speaker 5: Yes, I what did you think about mcwama's interception.
Speaker 6: Mcwamou mcclomu, which, by the way, since we're talking about guys, didn't finished the game. Now, Jordan Lewis goes out with an elbow injury, and I've heard that it's a pretty serious elbow injury.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: And so mccuama, who they were using liberally on the nickel defense. Uh, they were bringing him in taking Wilson out.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: And he was playing close to the line of scrimmage, not all the time. But then he comes in and takes Lewis's spot in the in the slot. He came out of nowhere for the interception, by the way, because he was just playing in the back and he saw because I thought it was. When I saw him throw it, I said, oh, this is a touchdown past and he intercepted.
Speaker 4: He did, well, yeah, what do you think you're the guy that we should be asking.
Speaker 5: You that leveraged the entire time. Yeah, he had leveraged the entire time. But you've got to have a safety over it. There was no safety in the middle, and there were times when people thought that I was beaten, but the but you're looking at the ball, so when the ball is thrown, you're not going to overreact. He was in position enough. He had enough leverage to me on the outside a little bit over the top to where if the ball would have been thrown further inside, which it should have been, he still would have had the ability to make the play over the top. He wouldn't have been able to make the interception if it was thrown well, but he would have had the ability to make a play on the ball even if it was thrown further inside. I was kind of nervous about whether safety was because there was nobody back there. I he did a great job of playing it just the way you're supposed to play it. He didn't overreact by going over the top. He read it the entire way, and he had the ball in his vision the entire time.
Speaker 4: Okay, And that interception occurred with four twenty one left in the game. And I got to tell you when you first asked me about that, I was like, oh, I don't remember. I remember he intercepted. I don't remember the play. I was so by that time in the game. I couldn't wait for that football game to get over in so many ways, because it was so tiresome to watch the fourth quarter of that game, because all of the penalties and I went back and just added them up. From the second play of the fourth quarter until just before five minutes left in the game, there were a total of at least ten penalties called. I mean, it was so difficult to watch that game.
Speaker 6: In the fourth quarter twenty two total, Cowboys had fourteen they had.
Speaker 4: Fourteen total, but there were ten ten minutes time, there were ten penalties called in that game.
Speaker 5: We got to get rid of that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: This either talking about making a move. We have really we have improved in certain ways on this team. When we make our move defensively, we've got our people back. We're playing batter we're playing more consistently, not all. No, we got our people meaning possums. You know, Kendricks are still there. You know, you've got some people coming back that we really needed to come back, even though we're still losing some we really needed Parsons and some of those guys to come back and play. Well.
Speaker 6: Well, did you see what Carolina did the minute Over went out and they had to play. Andrew Booth pass pass passed right at him. I mean, if you think about it, the previous two games they elevated from the practice squad, they did it to make them inactive so they didn't have to use somebody that they really needed. Now he had to play, and it just reminded me of why he's still on the practice squad. Sour Overrarie goes out, so there's another guy. You got to have a backup to the backup in there because Trayvon Diggs now it's going to have surgery to prayer his cartlet damage in the same knee he had the ACL tear HM and it's say, from what I understand, a pretty extensive rehab too.
Speaker 4: By the way, that seemed like the most significant news that came out of the day yesterday.
Speaker 6: Yes when crazy when he when he when they and then he revealed the significantly.
Speaker 4: It's an eight month rehab.
Speaker 6: And my understanding is with that cartilage like that, that means something's missing and they got to go in and repack what's there against the bone. Uh and it's a it's not simple.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so you're looking at overshown and digs going into next season that are likely going to be on at least pop guys to start the season and might be Now, if the rehab is eight months, then does that mean he's ready to go in eight months? Typically it's I heard ramp up past that.
Speaker 6: He's probably not running for four to six months.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: And by the way, there was Dak at the game on his crutch on his crutches, and I don't think he factored in getting on the charter flight because you got to go up the steps and you can't use those crutches. And when we were coming home, I saw him going up there and he was struggling getting up there. And when I got up there, I saw him and I said, well, you should have asked.
Speaker 5: For an escalator.
Speaker 6: Go to Dill, you're the quarterback. He goes. I kind of held everybody up did night. I said, well, that's the least of your worries. It's only us, right, But yeah, so now you're without your starting corner for sure. The rest of the way, you're hopeful on your slot corner. You know, last week they signed a couple guys to the practice squad that are corners. They may have to play. They've been elevating.
Speaker 5: Let's just say yes, they will have because it seems like we're using everything.
Speaker 6: They elevated. Caymen Hall to play special teams, he may have to.
Speaker 4: Play, especially with if Jordan Lewis is out, he's a slot guy.
Speaker 6: He's a slot guy, right, So yeah, and yes.
Speaker 4: They won well. Guys that they have elevated this season, like Josh Butler, have played well when they elevated. And now you got hurt.
Speaker 6: He was out by the way, so he got to play because o'rai got hurt, and then he gets hurt, and o'ri got to play, and then or gets hurt again.
Speaker 5: So right now you have all secondary going down.
Speaker 6: Other than the safeties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been like that all season, going back to Doran Blands.
Speaker 5: We have going for us right now is out out front.
Speaker 6: Four How about Osa's performance yesterday.
Speaker 5: That's what we have going for us right now. I don't know, and that's what's keeping us out of trouble right now with stopping.
Speaker 4: By the way, those are two and I'm talking about the interior guys. Those are two guys you can used to afford to lose on Steve because they got no depth there and well, and they're playing. They're playing virtually every snap on defense.
Speaker 5: And they're playing well. They're they're controlling the running game when we needed control in the back. We're playing a little bit like we used to play on first down and second down with the flex defense. The play action was made and we've talked about this before. When we go against play action, they want you to concentrate on that run and then the secondary don't give up any big plays. By the way, exactly what we're doing.
Speaker 4: Osa, Odiga, Zua and Chauncey Goldston have something in common with ric o'dowdell.
Speaker 6: You, Carolina, no, no, but it was a common answer.
Speaker 4: Have something in common with ric o'doddell. They're all three free agents in March.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they need the slow.
Speaker 4: En Rico.
Speaker 6: So Osa played seventy eight percent of the snacks. Dalston played eighty nine percent, and they were moving him inside.
Speaker 4: And it's been like that for the last six weeks they've been playing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've been holding it down, they really have.
Speaker 4: And it's by necessity because they got nobody behind them. All right, I mean.
Speaker 5: If you look at and you mean I mean that physically as well, because the second day is going down. Yeah, nobody behind.
Speaker 4: Them, and you mention lost the linebacker two behind them over shown.
Speaker 6: So Osa's line. Four tackles, one sack, one tackle for a loss, four quarterback hits in one force.
Speaker 5: Give me, Mozi, Mozzi, what's Mosey doing?
Speaker 4: They had one sling down.
Speaker 6: He had one really nice tackle. You see him sling that guy down. Yeah, it's like you're not getting by me.
Speaker 4: So the running game was was that guy from Ohio State he slung down. It looks like he was at Michigan.
Speaker 6: He only played, he only played eighteen snaps.
Speaker 4: Really just about what he's been doing.
Speaker 6: Because they played Kneelan quite a bit. Some of those guys are inside.
Speaker 4: I mean, they can't play nieland very many snaps right now right.
Speaker 6: That knees still bothering, and then Watkins and Joseph combined for twenty one snaps.
Speaker 4: So okay, all right's take another break, and we got much more to get too and Mixed Shots continues in a moment.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster tankholer comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 7: Slides for the first down.
Speaker 8: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie and crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: Perfect throw My goodness, Wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package. Today.
Speaker 1: Cowboys foot Ball and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday morning Swacker Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 2: Devict shots.
Speaker 5: Capture a frame worthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Realty. Santa will be spreading Holliday cheer at this Cowboys then cottage in the Star District from November twenty through, he said twenty fourth. For more information and to book your visit, head to the Stardistrict dot com slash Santa.
Speaker 4: All right, here's an the latest on Trayvon Diggs. Stephen Jones on one five to three. The fan said that Trayvon was having to play with fluid in his knee. He was out there doing everything he can because he wants to play, He wants to compete, he wants to contribute, but unfortunately he suffered a new injury that has to do with cartilage. It's certainly a very legitimate injury that's going to take him some time to recover from. I don't think he'll be a player during training camp. I think his timeline is going to be right about the start of the season next year. So it was just moments ago from Stephen Jones.
Speaker 6: It sounds pretty accurate.
Speaker 4: Okay, doctor Spagnola, thank you, uh.
Speaker 6: Hey, I did my homework.
Speaker 4: Where do you want to go? Now?
Speaker 6: Forgot who?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 6: I'm three three weeks in a row. Picked a click because ceedee lamb was pretty darn good.
Speaker 5: Yeah that was good.
Speaker 4: You had c D Who did you have ever since? I had Kendricks and he was good, And.
Speaker 5: You know, I said I was specific. I said he have over fifteen tackles.
Speaker 6: He only had five.
Speaker 5: Hey, did you see the balance And it's like watching the uh you know basketball, the balance in tackles. Everyone was involved.
Speaker 4: A balanced scoring attack.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, there was everyone you had.
Speaker 6: Wilson had five, Kendricks had five, Leopol had five, Golston had four, Parsons had four, Diggy Zooa had four.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good. So team football.
Speaker 6: Kendricks did not practice last week, and I was wondering. And then I saw him warming up before they actually go in and put their uniforms on, and he was moving and I'm going, Okay, he's playing. Uh but CD that touchdown catch, I don't know how he does it. It's low and behind him.
Speaker 4: Oh it was not an accurate passion, No, it was not.
Speaker 6: As a matter of fact, Coop said. Coop said he has a late instincts that other players don't.
Speaker 4: Have, and he would know that's surprising.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's the really only place you can put tried.
Speaker 4: It was back.
Speaker 6: I had one hundred and sixteen yards. And remember he's still playing with that.
Speaker 5: Seed joint, and you can't tell. You can't tell, he's just really playing well.
Speaker 6: So the stat that caught my eye afterwards is he's the first Cowboy player in franchise history to have four out of his first five seasons one thousand yards of receiving. And remember this team's got three wide receivers in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Bob Hayes didn't do it, Michael Irvin didn't do it. Drew Pearson didn't do it. And he has put up numbers and clutch catches too. If I remember that, you know, not only the touchdown grab, but I think he had a couple other third down grabs that kept the possession going early in the game. You've got and he could have had more, by the way, sorry, go ahead, I said he could have had more. And then at the end, when it was all said and done, they didn't. They only put him out there very sparingly.
Speaker 5: You know. It's funny how when you talk about the length of the season. You know, you have all kind of different chapters, and at one point the chapter on the CD was very disappointing. And now all of a sudden, here we are, just when things are when we need someone to step up to be consistent on this team. He's the guy that's doing it, you know. And I think based on the way he's I think he realized he should have been doing better the whole time, you know, And that's when you have to come to grips with yourself about what you need to do to get better. And for this team that's kind of hard to do. And everyone can't self evaluate themselves like that. And so it seems like CD has done that, and it makes you forget all about the other crap that was going on early in the season.
Speaker 6: So if you look at it, so this was only his I'm saying, only his second game with more than one hundred yards receiving. But he's had a ninety three, a ninety three, an eighty nine, a ninety eight, and a ninety.
Speaker 5: So far with a backup quarterback.
Speaker 4: And yeah, and.
Speaker 6: These last games with a backup quarterback.
Speaker 5: So I think you got to grind it out, man, I mean and that's what he's doing. You can tell by his interviews it's different. He and Uh Parsons, you know, they're like, look, we're not done. Yeah. I like that attitude. We're not done. I mean they're playing they're not just playing out of pride. They're playing as if they really still have it. They're playing like they have the optimism of Bill Jones. That's what they're paying.
Speaker 6: They had a and to show you Parsons effect, there was a I think it was Jordan Lewis. Didn't Jordan Lewis have a sack? He Yeah, it's so you know what you know what happened on that is Parsons was lined up in the middle on the line of scrimmage and the center turned like Parsons was coming to help the guard block him, and he backed off and then there was that big spot there and Jordan Lewis comes flying through. So it's the Parsons effect, right. They were so worried about him, I mean there were times he was triple teamed, especially in the first half, and then things kind of loosened up the second half when all the sacks started happening and they knew they had to throw the ball but yeah, the center was so worried about him. He stepped immediately and then Parsons backed.
Speaker 5: And I'm crazy about Jordan Lewis Man do this. Yeah, I just hope he's just stuff. He can get back me too, So he's man to me. He's just as important to this team as anybody else.
Speaker 6: Well, he had that one, didn't he had a pass break up? He came in from in front? Yeah, yeah he was.
Speaker 5: He came over. He came over like right, nice play and it was not right perfectly time.
Speaker 6: Not unlike the Bland one.
Speaker 5: He got caught.
Speaker 4: Did you go watch high school football on Friday night?
Speaker 5: I did not.
Speaker 4: Highland Park, Yes, lay in the final, didn't Ryan at the Star on Friday night?
Speaker 6: What happened to.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 6: They played a better team?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly right, Thanks you, Supreme. I can tell you what the best most exciting games I saw this weekend or the Texas high school football state semifinals, And it goes back to Friday night. Highland Barbee didn't run on the last second field goal. South Lake Carol beat Longview on a walk off field South lost.
Speaker 6: They've lost their after they missed it, right, they missed it.
Speaker 4: They had a running into the kicker penalty and got it was a forty one yarder that they missed the running in the kicker and they kicked the thirty six yard of That game is played at SMU. They've lost their top two running backs. One of them's a USC recruit Riley Warmley and a Baylor recruit. And they've got Terry Glenn, the late Terry Glenn's son, Christian Glenn, who really wasn't getting much playing time at wide receiver. They moved him from wide receiver to running back and he ran for one hundred and seventeen yards and a touchdown in that game. And he's been carrying the rushing load for them during the playoffs. Whatever. So they win, they're going. They're playing the state championship game this week. And then to your point, Duncanville played North Crawley. Duncanville was ranked number three in the nation, two time defending Class six eight Division one state champion. This North Crawley team is unbelievable and it was a thirty six to thirty four game. Let me tell you, Saturday was just a glorious day to watch football. It was the perfect football day and you had two games state semifinal games that were played outdoors, one at SMU and the other one at Allen that were just so fun to watch. Make it and Sock beat our Gyle thirty seven to three. I didn't include them because their game was not close. But South o'cliff is making their fourth straight trip to the state championship.
Speaker 6: I don't know how this happens, but I am talking with Steve Berline in the hotel in the restaurant slash bar area. I look up at the team they got. The west Lake.
Speaker 11: Game on Austin Westlake is on TV, and they'd beat Galena Park North Shore, and so that's who North Crowley plays in the state championship game against Austin Westlake.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the upset.
Speaker 6: What channels got this?
Speaker 5: West Lake? The upset? The so though right.
Speaker 4: Be no DISDA got beat last week by Longview. Okay, long you beat them fifty to fourteen. And then Sally Carrol beat Long Boston Westlake north Shore north Shore. Yes, which has been like the six straight state championship. That's who Duncanville always Now Duncanville and North Shore didn't make it this year. It's North Crowley against west Lake.
Speaker 5: We think it's back.
Speaker 6: So Saturday, Friday and Saturday is going to be pretty good stuff at At. Unfortunately that's the first round of the college Playoff.
Speaker 5: That's right, and in fact, so you do both well, he's gonna have to swallow his words because that weekend is gonna be another great weekend to period. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you want to find Tyler Smith on Saturday night, probably just go to the North Crowley game.
Speaker 4: Ye, try Tyler Smith and North Crowley Grad.
Speaker 6: So is that the late game?
Speaker 4: It's the late seven o'clocks Saturday night. Oh, all right, they're all at at There's twelve games at Att Stadium this week and I think it starts like on Wednesday with six man and then Class two, A, three, A, four, A on on. It's great week all right. That does it for mix shots and we got much more to get to tomorrow or tomorrow we're at ten am, not at noon. We got an early start time ten o'clock tomorrow for mix shots.
Speaker 5: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.