Speaker 1: This is the Meeater podcast coming at you shirtless, severely, bug bitten, and in my case, underwear listening podcast.
Speaker 2: You can't predict anything.
Speaker 1: The meat Eater Podcast is brought to you by first Light. Whether you're checking trail cams, hanging deer stands, or scouting for ELP, first Light has performance apparel to support every hunter in every environment. Check it out at first light dot com. F I R S T l I t e dot com. Hey, this is Steve coming at you through my phone instead of through Phil's fancy recording equipment. I'm here to tell you that now is your chance to rock some sweet new apparel from meat Eater. You gotta go to store dot themeeater dot com and get forty percent off your favorite hats, t shirts, and hoodies now through Christmas. We got new trucker hats with original ELK, whitetail, moose and Bison designs by our very own resident genius hunter Spencer. We've got those soft butteryheathered.
Speaker 3: T shirts the kind you put them on.
Speaker 1: They feel real nicey nice, like you had them a long time, but they're still in great shape and they're real soft.
Speaker 3: You know the ones.
Speaker 1: We got them in Avelina fungi and bear eating of Fish designs. We've got awesome heavyweight hoodies including the Bear Grease Hoodie, so t shirts and hats, fifteen bucks hoodies thirty bucks. Get yours now again at store dot themeeater dot com. I will see you out on the streets, are in the woods rocking your new.
Speaker 4: Tees and hoodies. On the subject of.
Speaker 3: Sharon so sharing a bar soap.
Speaker 1: Spencer, are you familiar with the quote you can't stand in the same river twice?
Speaker 3: No, you get it right? Yes? Okay, because who said that? Just people?
Speaker 5: The water is just always moving by.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't. I bet you it's not. It's so widespread, I bet it's not. You'll probably find where someone says that. Mark Twain said it, because that's what happens with every good quote that no one knows who said it. But you can't stand in the same river twice, meaning the water is gone, right. I don't think you can bathe with the same bar soap twice. You'll notice if you watch one over time, it gradually shrinks. If you took your.
Speaker 3: Break, he did not, Really, that's the first. You're not saying it, right, I don't know how to say it right. That is right.
Speaker 6: It's my best effort.
Speaker 1: So if you took a bar salt and put.
Speaker 3: It in your in your privates.
Speaker 1: And then Yanni say, hey, I borrow your bar soap, it's it's by the time it comes back to you. It's not that part.
Speaker 2: This seem not hypothetical.
Speaker 5: Sometimes sometimes you grab a piece of soap and there might be a couple of pubes stuck on there or something.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're clean, Yeah, they're all washed off. This is the second show we've ever done on a tour bus. The first one we did was I don't want to say it was a nicer tour bus. But do you remember when I'm talking about Yiannie with Luke. Yeah, yeah, we did a show on the tour bus. We're on our tour bus. It's over now by the time you get this, because the one we're going to release this episode. But we're on a eight city tour going across starting in uh on a live tour starting in Denver and basically moving across a latitude more or less with some deviation, moving in an eastward direction across roughly the same latitude, ending at the coast and near you know, near coastal in Philadelphia, and and we're doing this in a tour bus. And uh, I had sleeping in my berth last night.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 1: I woke up one time in the middle of the nightmare that someone was shaking my tent.
Speaker 3: Because the bus was shaking.
Speaker 6: That's interesting. I didn't have that. But I was trying to use the same techniques that sometimes I use when I'm in a tent and the wind is blown like crazy and it's kind of keeping you up, and you sort of just have to accept that that's what the night is going to be like and and just be like, that's part of my sleep tonight. And sometimes I can just accept it and then fall asleep. And I was trying to tell myself that with the rocking that kept waking me up in the.
Speaker 3: Bump, but it never worked. Hard to sleeping tour bus I had.
Speaker 5: I had a bad experience.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll leave it at that. U thought that like half this podcast would be us discussing last night's sleep.
Speaker 3: Already figured out how we're going to fix you tonight. Oh, feel's going to wake up crying about two and you can get up rocky right back to sleep. That's what you're used to, man.
Speaker 5: It's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brett Brett reeves og go ahead, Spencer.
Speaker 2: One of the best parts though about last night's sleep was how dark he got. Oh, I couldn't see my hand in front of my face.
Speaker 3: I didn't wake up till ten because I was just waiting for the sun to come up.
Speaker 5: Well, if you notice that these bunks are set up not how they're normally. There's supposed to be three bunks. I don't have access to the light switch from the top bunk, so there was a light on from Hannah's. She could shut it off below, but I didn't have access to that switch. So I had a light on in my cabin the whole night. Yes, I'll show you after this. He also fumbled his phone to the bunk below that about halfway through the night. So there's a switch on, go on down below, Yanni.
Speaker 6: Your bottom that light I just turned on the bottom bunk.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's a switch on top the top switch. Turn that on and then go look at my Why didn't you talk to your birth mate because I already.
Speaker 1: Like a birthmate. Sounds like you're twins.
Speaker 5: Because I already felt bad because I dropped a cell phone and something else slid through that crack down the bottom bunk.
Speaker 6: All the one behind under your pillow.
Speaker 2: Ch Chess emerged from his bunk at ten am. He said he didn't sleep for a second.
Speaker 5: I mean that that was exaggeration for sure, But I didn't. I barely got any No one was quiet as.
Speaker 7: My Yeah, that surprised me.
Speaker 2: I do. I couldn't achieve a deep enough sleep to like get to snoring. I don't think on this bus, Bret.
Speaker 6: I was impressed, you don't hear any vehicles going by?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 6: Did you hear any vehicles go by? I mean, we can't be driving above the speed limits. It must be cars passing us all night. You don't hear them.
Speaker 1: Joining day by Brent Raids, who did not sleep on the bus last night. But he had thirty years in law enforcement, and I asked him if he ever raided a bus. Tich She said, yes, Yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Were actually invited onto the bush. Tom T. Howell was playing in a little town in Bradley County. So you were joking about raiding the bus, Yeah, we were. We probably looked if we looked very hard, we probably could have found something. But turned it into it. Yeah, it just it was I don't know where they would have put it though, because it was beer. Her ice chest full of beer from one end of that bus to the other. I don't know where they slipped, if they stood up or whatever, because it was just cases and cases of beer.
Speaker 2: If I had any illegal substance on this bus, do you think you could find it?
Speaker 3: Sure? Think so?
Speaker 2: With what level of confidence.
Speaker 3: The amount of level of pain that I inflicted on you put a dog on?
Speaker 1: Do you ever watch Tails from the Tour Bus? Yes, I have seen that. So you know the dude that made what's that the cartoon? The Texas Cartoon might judge. Yeah, so he made a whole series about the outlaw country era turtle soup. Yeah, he gets into how Johnny Paycheck shot a man in an argument over turtle soup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he gets into.
Speaker 1: How Whalen's bus drivers or Whalen's manager shot Whalen's bus driver and argument over Hamburger's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it blew up a barn.
Speaker 1: So in Tails from the Tour Bus, they taught there's a guy talking about when Willie Nelson's tour boss they put a drug dog on William Nelson's to her boss and it's supposed to find the weed and sit down, or talking about how that bought that dog just came up with the steps and sat down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't doubt that at all, No, you get.
Speaker 1: I mean, so talk about the guy who's bussy riding because he wrote Harper Valley Pta, Who's gonna feed them hogs?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Tom t Hall he wrote a lot of the Uh. He was called the storyteller, and he wrote a lot of songs that you know, for other people. But he had a lot of a lot of good, good songs. The Ballad of forty Dollars where it's him, he's He's The song starts out, it's one of my favorites, but he starts. Uh. Him and two other guys got hired to dig a grave and moa the grass. And they're talking about they're sitting down in the shade watching the funeral. They see this big the big limousine pull up, and they're talking about how cool that car is and how pretty the lady is. You know, it said some girls really do look black. He look good in black, and talking about the wind or whatever. They talked about his truck. They heard that his truck was already up for sale, and the key the lynch fan of the whole thing at the end of the song and says, yeah, the bad thing is the guy with me forty bucks and I did.
Speaker 6: Oh he wrote that song. That's how I got to Memphis.
Speaker 3: Yep, I like that song.
Speaker 1: Oh he wrote that too.
Speaker 3: Oh. Man, he wrote a bunch of them.
Speaker 1: That's been covered a lot. Yeah, speaking, Oh, this is great. This is a great thing.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Shoot see, man, I'm tempted here because I got to talk. There's a couple of things I want to say about music, which is fitting for being on this bus, which is normally full of musicians. But there's the thing I want to say about getting buried. So I had a plan, like I had it all figured out what I wanted to do when I died with my body, and and now I kind of been changing it around. When I was back home in Michigan, I went looking for a buddy of mine's. Man, it was a buddy mine got killed in high school. A couple of guys got killed in high school. He got killed in high school, and I always remember he uh they when they lowered him down in the grave. His dad climbed down in there.
Speaker 3: Oh, climbed down in the hole. It was horrible.
Speaker 1: And I went looking and didn't have a ton of time because I was on the way to the airport with my kids and I had them kind of scrunt. No, that's a lie. I was on the way to the airport my wife and went to right where I swear that was, but I couldn't find his deal grave. Yeah, and there's kind of two cemeteries by where I grew up, and that got me kind of wondering about getting buried where I grew up, and I was looking. You can where I grew up, get you could go into the Twin Lake Cemetery. It's only six hundred and fifty bucks. Really, Yeah, I was looking there day. The weird part that I noticed is if you want to get Doug out of the Twin Lakes Cemetery, it's thirteen hundred bucks to move you to get disinterred. Wow, struck me as weird. You can get in there for cheaper, and you can get out of there for real. I might secure me a lot.
Speaker 3: We've got our own family cemetery. You do where I grew up. What do you guys charge Reef Cemetery, it's like three hundred bucks. Maybe I'll get a spot there. You can. Well.
Speaker 1: The problem I have with the Twin Lakes Cemetery is at six point fifty for a resident, in eight hundred for a non resident. But I'm gonna apply for resident. You follow me. I haven't been born there.
Speaker 3: Right you should? Yeah, you'll be grandfather Dan. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How big is the Reef Cemetery?
Speaker 3: It's probably half an acre? You guys, ever disinter anybody out of there? No, so far, it buy's been pretty well behaved. Just so far.
Speaker 6: What year was the first reeves buried?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: That first? It's probably it had been before the war between the state, before the Civil War, the war against Northern Aggression, that one, that one, same one. My great my grandmother would never call it the civil war. She said, there wasn't nothing civil about that.
Speaker 1: So did you have any Do you have any relatives fight for the losing side there?
Speaker 3: Yep? I did. One of them got killed in the first battle at Shallow.
Speaker 1: Really, this bus. The minute I got on this bus, this tour bus, the first thing I said to that driver, and you can check with him. His name's John, I said, man. When we get to Pennsylvania. We need to make a little detour. It won't even really add any time on between Pittsburgh and Philly. It won't add any time on. It'll add like fifteen minutes to do a sixty mile little loop cut off and go through Gettysburg. Yeah, and you go smack nuts through Gettysburg. But then it occurred to me he only drives at night.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you don't have to bring some spotlight. You got your coon light. I didn't bring any gear like that.
Speaker 1: So I might now have to go up there and talk back to tell John again the plans off. Speaking of music, we have been too much, to the consternation of listeners. We have been running ride On by Chris Danny as the ultro music so much hated some people. It's most people hate the ultro song. I liked it, and the reason I used it is, uh, one time we talked about something too long.
Speaker 3: It's like a metaphor, right, we.
Speaker 1: Talked about something too long, and someone said something like, you beat that horse to death, And so Chris Danny's Ride On is you know you're done? We done beat this damn horse to death. It's time to ride on.
Speaker 5: Oh, There's there's another the ac DC ride on. You ever heard of that one?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: But I don't want to try to license from them, gotcha because we licensed from Chris Denny.
Speaker 3: It wasn't a bad price.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's the same same song. There's another Lonely Evening no in another lonely town no one.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's the same one.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Our licenses just so happens. We would be doing this anyways, but our license is expiring. We have to renew our license on ride on, and so we're gonna make a major transition. We're gonna do away with current ultro music and only use music composed and written by audience members.
Speaker 6: Mmm.
Speaker 1: Because we had a lot of great submissions, great songs from people.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: We sometimes use Doug Durrence song. We're gonna use some of Chester stuff. Krin's gonna call it chat sprats you like that Chester like that? Uh So, if you got music that you've written and composed and want us to use it for our ultro music, all you got to do is send it in where just Krin want this to go to? Oh, send it into the meat Eater podcast at Themeeater dot com subject line outro music. You can sing about hunting fishing the podcast pole beans subject we discussed in our episodes. Whatever strikes you create a fancy. That's a message from Krin. So go ahead and send an your music and do us a favorite two of if you send it in uh, do his favor of like sort of, you know, giving us a written permission to use we can start showcasing your music, which we do sometimes. An't you got one yet?
Speaker 5: So I have a bunch of songs, but.
Speaker 1: He wrote one last night, The Man with three lips.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, the Man with three lips.
Speaker 1: It's a sad song. Sounds like it's not creepy. Oh dude, you want to hear a sad ass story? Man, this is what happened last night. You know the term green room where you hang out, right.
Speaker 2: Did you ever raid one of those?
Speaker 1: No, you never raided a green You find all you find all kinds of shit in the green room. Now, you'd probably find other people's stuff, not even from the people who are currently in there.
Speaker 3: Checked the catch cushion.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why Why did I tell you?
Speaker 1: I want to tell you a real sad story. Oh we were teasing Chester shoes, I wasn't. Yeah Chester had on a pair of Rebox shoes, which is I don't even know that company. Was still frown when I was telling when I was a kid, I wanted, like I said, designer shoes like Rebox or Nikes, And my wife said, I get what you're saying, but you wouldn't like Nikes and Rebox aren't designer shoes.
Speaker 3: So when I told my world saddest.
Speaker 1: Story about how I grew up thinking, it's not the world saddest story, but sad to me, I grew up thinking we were poor rather than than very well off relative to a lot of our neighbors. Because I couldn't have things like I had to wear kads had to wear tough skins, rustlers.
Speaker 3: I couldn't get like.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, some kids would come to school with a single serving bag of Rito's.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, grapes. Great grapes was my well a dream you wanted to have. Or kids would have that thing where there's cheese on the end and crackers and you keel it back. All this kind of stuff meant to be Yeah, or they'd have like name brand pop. Yeah, they did have an actual packing.
Speaker 6: I thought kids were like we always asked for kids, fancy.
Speaker 1: You want the Nikes and rebox and ship Oh like yeah, anything like that. So I but it's just rather than being poor, my parents just weren't dumb asses, so we couldn't have that stuff.
Speaker 3: And it killed me because I'd have to go.
Speaker 1: With like a sandwich to my mom made and then she put chips in a little baggy, and rather than thinking that my mom loved me, I thought that my mom hated it because I couldn't line up with the other kids at lunch. And then one day we're at mc sport Goods and they have these two pairs of Nikes or a pair of Nikes, but it's not they're not matched. One's got orange stripes and one's got red stripes. There's like subtle cosmetic differences, but they're the same size and they're like next to nothing.
Speaker 3: So my mom buys me these nikes.
Speaker 2: What do you think they cost?
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, it's too long. I was in fifth grade.
Speaker 2: It just ballpark it like nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like they would have had to have been competitive with no name shoes, hush puppies and shit.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I go down there and I was like, no one's gonna notice that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And I was saying, man, I didn't even make it to the door of the school.
Speaker 6: Those shoes don't match.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: And now but now that kind of stuff, I feel like is probably in style.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Like if you gave those shoes my daughter, she'd wear them. She'd be proud as hell, that you know. But that prompt the Chester would be like, that's not a sad story. And he told me a sad story about being teased over a minor birth, the fact bad. And then that night started writing a story of the man with three lips.
Speaker 5: I gotta tell the sory. Now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think you should Chester, because it's gonna makes my story seem like a spoiled brac complaining.
Speaker 2: Man, I want to know what what Brent wanted instead of green grapes, Like you want right, but you had purple grapes instead of grapes. Okay, what have you settled for purple grapes?
Speaker 3: No, I've never seen a purple grape green. This kid was a doctor's son. He had a shiplocked bag full of green grapes, and I asked us man him, grape give me, but I would have given if I had any kind of money, would about him. But I swore if I ever have money. And my kids want to have green grapes to go to school with, and they don't even eat grapes, but there's some in my ies ball really like.
Speaker 1: Anything that I wanted to have when I was a kid. If my kids act like they wanted, I'd be like, no. I mean, they have a lot of stuff, but it was up to.
Speaker 3: Me, I'd torture them a lot more than their my torture. Yeah, the green grapes man, that was going to remind my dad. He said that he remembered being in school and sitting there and he said that he brought his lunch in a sack. The kids in town had brought, you know, a lunch box. They'd opened their lunch box up and they'd have sliced bread in there, like wonderbread and blowney and cheese in there. He said, I'd open my sack up and I'd have homemade sourdough bread and cured ham. He said, I was sitting there by that kid that was eating that wonderbread and blown and thinking, man, that guy's got it made well. He actually you know he was, he was winning that war.
Speaker 5: Uh said, should I tell the sad story?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, the man? Yeah, just sing it Chester.
Speaker 5: Oh once my feet stink.
Speaker 3: That's fine. Spencer. Spencer's throwing over there, his arm around you.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, and you got your arm around me.
Speaker 5: We're just getting his arm.
Speaker 6: So I don't want you to feel too sad.
Speaker 5: When I was a kid, I went to a private Catholic school right down the road. The tiny little thing, yeah called Our Lady of Angels.
Speaker 1: Well that sounds Catholic.
Speaker 5: But it just it just goes to show you that all the the story, after I get done with it, you're gonna they're not all angels there at the school.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, story about having.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: Uh So, when I was a kid, all the way up until like fifth grade, when i'd smile real big, my lip would kind of curl over and it looked like I had three lips. So I ended up not ever smile.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do a visual for the camera. This is Chester's mouth upper lift. Here's his mouth, and this is what you look like.
Speaker 2: How's that look?
Speaker 3: Phil fantastic?
Speaker 5: I mean, I had I had some some bunks. I kind of had some kind of had some buck teeth too, you know, like three lips and some buck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, said he before you did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I would. I eventually, like once I knew, I stopped smiling. I had kids picking on me and calling me three lips, and I didn't really let things bother me too much. But eventually that one kind of I started to realize that, yeah, this isn't quite normal, you know. So eventually we went to the doctor and this guy was confident that he could make it better. And we went there and he cut I kind of had I don't know what they call that, but the skin on your legs bridge goes down farther, and it was down further than normal. He cut that off, and it made it worse. So you could you could like fours now. I know it just now. I had it all the time, you know, so you know, and I got super self conscious about it, and uh to the point where I actually had plastic surgery on my upper lip to get that excess skin removed. Yeah, you got some old pictures of that old three lips. I gotta I'm sure I do. I gotta ask my folks and not.
Speaker 3: Having green grapes.
Speaker 6: It's called a or a friend alum, three lips.
Speaker 1: But the thing about all this like a lot of talk about I'll saw a new friend of mine the other day and she's talking about going in and uh taking like uh you know, like putting a mask on and your phones on and taking like naugenics and stuff to try to like tap into your inner problems and stuff. Man, I think if I did all that, I'd just be thinking about them dridos and shit, sneakers and stuff. You know, It's like it's not a big deal, but some stuff sticks with you.
Speaker 3: That's thirteen.
Speaker 1: Go back to I don't know, I don't know why I always think about that. Yeah, it was a weird deal.
Speaker 6: You not the two dudes that died in high school?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Or what time we I told you about the time we went to that airplane wreck watching pulling bodies out of that.
Speaker 3: No, it would be uh either way. So here's the deal. Listen, we're getting to the meat of the show here. Now. We A long time ago? Is that right? That was crazy?
Speaker 1: No, I'm serious, it's the meat of the show. A long time ago, we uh had asked for your crazy trail cam picks because we want to start doing a crazy trail cam pick segment, which I'm committed to because I'm a big fan of trail cameras. I like looking at trail camera pictures.
Speaker 6: Have we thrown around the idea of doing a crazy trail camp pick calendar.
Speaker 3: We did, or I thought of it, but we haven't done it because we're doing old shitters right now. Yeah, but that'd be a good idea, something to keep in mind. It would.
Speaker 1: So we had asked for and I just said, like, send us your crazy trail camp pictures. We're gonna get into our first crazy trail cam picture segment right now, and it's gonna be about cats.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be about cats. But the first picture is a pig.
Speaker 1: Well that this is a prelude because we didn't do a good job of clarifying what we meant by crazy trail cam pictures. Uh, there was an overwhelming response. Kren can't even get through all the trail cam pictures. But this is a note from Krin. I do want to clarify the sophicity of our trail cam pick submission parameters and ask you to check yourself and be thoughtful about what's warranted. This isn't an excuse to send KRIN. I don't want to use the word she used to send Krinn pictures of fetishists out in the woods, or full frontals of some guy taking a whiz onto a bush.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I think she's mostly joking. But this is an important thing because well, we pulled up one example. A guy send in a picture of a wild pig and it seems like the only thing that he's interested in is that it has.
Speaker 3: Its lipstick out five legged home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's like he's like, hey, here's a trailcam picture of a wild pig with an erection. So that's great, But that's for the whole there's just a limited. There's limited. There's limited. Now, if you send in a picture of a deer with a greatly enlarged scroll them, that would warrant discussion because it could be all sorts of problems, and we would send that to a deer specialist. We'd send it to a wildlife of a veterinarian who specializes in wildlife, and they might come back with, oh, that's a very common thing. Could be an engorged tick bite, all manner of reproductive ailments, so that would be interesting. But just the fact that this hog has his lipstick out is.
Speaker 6: But if you look closely, the hog also looks like it has a unicorn horn or something.
Speaker 3: That's that's ear. Oh, that's his ear. And how it looks like he's been marked. See had notch out of it right there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's got is just split. Well that's the thing guys will do too, because they'll you know, guys will castrate them, catch them, castrate them and turn them back out and not their ear with a certain way that they'd like to notch them. So they know that they're the ones that did it. As the guy put to me, uh and Yannie, that takes their mind off ass and puts it on grass.
Speaker 6: They called it a bar bard.
Speaker 1: Hog bard hall. Yeah, and we went out with them and barred a hog.
Speaker 6: Sketchy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he ran right off. Yeah there was you done that to me? I'm laid there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my brother's in laws you know where I grew up, that was having hogs in the woods. Having a hog claim was like a deer lease. I mean, you claimed from this creek to some other place another natural barrier or something, or somebody's property, and all the hogs a run on that property.
Speaker 8: There was They were hours even though it was public land. It wasn't public law. It wasn't no huh. This was down in the pilet's. Timber company owned all the It was all owned by a timber company. But we would have a claim in there from one piece of property to another, and another family would have that as well.
Speaker 6: It would be like document it somewhere.
Speaker 3: In the courthouse. Okay, you told your friends, well that's where it started, but it would be documented there and then. But each family had their own mark. Had the which is like a brand, you know, like ours. Was an underbit on the left and then a crop on the left and then a split on the right. So the the underbit was the bottom side of that ear. Hog's ear on the left side was lopped off and then the end was cropped off so it was blunt and then flat on the bottom and the other side. Would he just you just take a pocket knife and split it so that this is when you bar a hog. Yeah, and that's when you cut the castrade. The hog. Well, my brothers in laws, they were catching hogs like folks did back in the day and cutting hogs and they they caught they down there. They were squirrel hunting and the dogs bade the spigger hog that had been been trying to catch forever. And no, they're digging around in their pockets and nobody can find a pocket, knye. But my brother's father in law, his brother, I believe it was his brother or his uncle had a Prince Albert can in his pocket, had Prince Alberton back in a ten can. So they he took that Prince Albert can and broke it in half to have a sharp edge, and that's what they cut that hog with. And said when they turned in loose, he didn't he didn't hang around either, but he said it was it was pretty wilds.
Speaker 1: So what is the significance unless you're dating it? Who cares what market's got? If you catch a hog and it's barred, well, unless you know the date, what do you care.
Speaker 3: That's what like the that's what folks were feeding their families with. That was property.
Speaker 1: No, I understand, I understand that. But you're claiming the area, Yeah, it was. Why do you need to have the area.
Speaker 3: There was no fences. Okay, okay, let's.
Speaker 1: Say I'm claiming this the area of this computer, right okay, and and uh, this area of the computer's mine.
Speaker 3: And you catch a pig on my thing. I catch a pig on my area. Okay.
Speaker 1: Now if it's got some other dude's mark, I don't care. It's in my area.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's not the way it works.
Speaker 1: Oh it does not work that.
Speaker 3: Well, that's his hog. Oh people respect that, Yeah, Hatfield.
Speaker 1: So you have to catch you have to catch your hog in your area.
Speaker 3: If somebody if if if I'm if you catch a hog there and it's mine, you send me word. Hey, we got this hog, come get it. You want to turn him loose or you won't him. That's how it way. It's all on the honor system, gotcha. And that's what the hat feels with the coy's was that all started?
Speaker 6: So where's the real value of having to claim for the hogs on the on the chunk of land.
Speaker 3: Well, the claim the hog claim was just for you know, this is where we operate. This is where our hogs are going to be. Your hogs can come through, but this is this is our headquarters. This is the place where we were gonna we're gonna catch them here. We're gonna skin them, we're gonna render them here, whatever we're gonna do with them. And then but this is our our spot and we're going to turn them loose whatever. That was just an area more or less that that you did your operation. But there were no fences, yea, So it was just free range.
Speaker 2: Was there like not enough freezers then to just kill the hogs on the spot and deal.
Speaker 3: With them that way. There wasn't any freezers, no freezers. No, you know what this is not in my lifetime. Now, this is when my grandparents and.
Speaker 1: You know, if you've ever heard, when when doctor Randall did his dissertation when he's doing is like special PhD. He got into the way that American hunting just really changed with the freezer. Oh, it's really changed how everything went down once you had a freezer, change the way people talked about.
Speaker 3: It, the idea of a full freezer, you know what I mean. It was just not like that.
Speaker 1: Man, you got a deer, you'd get a deer and you consumed.
Speaker 3: It, dried it, gave it away.
Speaker 1: But like the whole thing, like filling the freezer obviously without a freezer wasn't an issue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's you know everybody. Every no, not everybody had a freezer. Very few people did. But everybody had a smokehouse and you know, smoke their own meat. That's why. Yeah, there's a I mean they would last for years. You could keep them for years. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You go down in Virginia, man, and they sell those hams. They're on the shelf. Yeah, next to like the canned beans. Yeah, to damn salty. Yeah, they'd be there forever. So just salt.
Speaker 5: So what does that that look like? I mean it's literally a ham, super salted smoke. So there's a good crust on the protective crust on the elk.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, you got to purge it all that salt man. Yeah. Now, you couldn't eat it. It would be it'd be bad. And it's not salt like it's cure and salt. It's a little different salt than what.
Speaker 5: And by just putting it in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to get back to our special camera thing because we're we talk about cats first. I want to talk about a couple things with trail cams, and you guys can throw in far and Away. The number one submission we got is cat questions, Far and Away? Cat, Oh cat, is this a mountain line.
Speaker 6: Oh you got it?
Speaker 3: Is this a mountain lion? Is this a mountain line? My body says it's a mountain line. Is this a mountain line? This is a mountain line.
Speaker 6: Yes, unless you're in Tennessee.
Speaker 3: You need to just as a trail cam set up. Deal.
Speaker 1: When you get a really good picture and you and your body's all swear you got a mountain line in Illinois, maybe you do as oar as that. So mountain lions have shown an incredible ability. Mountain lions, panthers, catamounts, whatever you want to call them, have shown an incredibility to show up in weird places. They're going big mega jaunts. You know, a mountain line will come out of the Black Hills and get hit by car in Connecticut. So at this point, now twenty years ago, if you said it, you were crazy. About this point, it's accepted. These things show up in weird spots. A couple of show up in Wisconsin like they show up with weird spots. But the first thing you need to do when you got to when you're gonna when you get a picture in your bodies and you are all arguing about what you have on the camera, take a tape measure and go over to wherever you think the thing was standing and figure out some dimensions. Try to put your camera. If you got to put a thing in there, stick a thing in there, stick a branch, make something, Yeah, something somewhere to use for scale. So if it's just looking out over a field, bury some sticks so you can start getting a sense of how big was it. We get a lot of mountainlin pictures and I look at them like, it's just a ditch cougar. That's that the house cat. You got a house cat if you go guys, go down and look at this one image. So this is a very very typical note guy writes in debate on whether this is the return of the infamous mountain lion that came to Connecticut. Now that okay, that particular there was one mountain line that got killed in Connecticut and it so he's like, is this another mountain line in Connecticut? Could be because we know that it's happened before. He says, I think it's just a house cat. But he's alone in that camp. Tell me I'm not crazy. Yep, Greenwich, Connecticut. His cousin used to have hunting access. Makes you think he did something bad and lost his hunting access. It was a property once owned by the Rockefeller estate. Oh it got sold.
Speaker 3: He didn't do nothing bad.
Speaker 1: Not too far from Milford where the one from South Dakota was hit by a car. That same mountain line was also spotted in Greenwich just days before he was hit by the car. So it's possible. But I believe it's a house cat. That's a house cat. I concur that is a house cat. But here's the thing. Why are you and your friends not out with a tape measure between that log and those trees.
Speaker 6: Well, just just taping the the the diameter of that log, just measuring the height of that log from the ground to the top of it would tell you that it's.
Speaker 1: Not one that's an eight inch log and that's an eight inch tall house cat.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly. And listen, I don't people shouldn't be a shame. Yeah, but I think people are when they're like, you know, then that's why there's they They they're so adamant, you know, once they say it once and they believe it. But like when we when I went and interviewed all those biologists in Washington that are dealing with all the mountain lions and then talking to them about the calls that they get. I mean they talk about just how and then that they've seen it in like the right scenario where just visual perception and tricks of the landscape that like it's it's a house cap. But in that scene, whatever it makes it is, whatever illusion is there, it looks ten times bigger than it is and you're like, oh, yeah, it's a lion, and then it's not, you know, And I think it especially happens in these trail cams that just like you lose deaf perception.
Speaker 1: It's glowing white because it's at night.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even like the facial profile. Now, we got a lot of submissions where there's just nothing to really talk about because there is no thing for scale.
Speaker 3: It was too blurry.
Speaker 1: You're like, I have no idea what that is, and I wouldn't trust anyone. There's not even enough there that I would trust anyone to even have an opinion. It's sort of like a photograph that just doesn't warrant any kind of respectable opinion because the amount of detail is so absent. You say, you might look at a picture and be like, I can tell that there's something that seems, you know, livesh off in the distance. So for a lot of those, we couldn't really take it on. But this one, and you have this up film. Yeah, okay, so if you go and look, we'll post some of these. You can go on YouTube and look and you'll see.
Speaker 3: The cat we're talking about. That's ditch cougar. That's a house cat.
Speaker 1: Now here's one that's super interesting, super interesting. And I gotta predicate this one by saying, you could always be getting duped and someone could be sending you a not legitimate photo. They could be sending you something they found on the internet.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: We saw some of those and threw them out, but some of them you just kind of got to take someone out their word. Well, might be writing back and have a little bit of a dialogue with them. This one's interesting.
Speaker 7: Hey, everyone filled the engineer here, Steve and the crew are still on tour. So the responsibility falls on my shoulders to butt in here, like Ron Howard interested Development to let you guys know that.
Speaker 6: We got duped. That's right.
Speaker 7: This picture that we're about to look at and discuss is not from Baker County, Florida. But it's a melanistic black leopard from South Africa that's been raising captivity. This picture has been floating around the internet for years. The leopard's name is Cole, which is very fitting because that's exactly what the person who sent this picture in we'll be receiving in their stocking this year from Santa Claus. But in all seriousness, we could have cut this out, but we thought, hey, let's let it in. The discussion was fun. Let it be a cautionary tale for those looking at trailcamp pictures on the internet, and that's us included. So just keep in mind this is not from Florida. It's the leopard from South Africa. But with that in mind, back to the show.
Speaker 1: If legit. This one is interesting because here he goes real black panthers. This photo was taken at my honey club in Baker County, Florida. My dad also had a video of a mama panther in two cubs a couple of years ago, but he deleted it before I could get a video. He says, this is from my friends hunting club and Ludawick. I don't tell that is Ludawiki, Georgia. It's in the southeast part of the state. So there's two of them, now, the.
Speaker 3: Florida one man.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows there's no such thing as a black panther.
Speaker 3: Or do they the.
Speaker 1: World is this?
Speaker 6: Are you talking about the one that's the full frontal of the one that's in the shade.
Speaker 1: That full frontal cat is not a house cat. That is not a ditch cougar, barn cat. That is a crazy picture.
Speaker 3: But aren't there like.
Speaker 5: It's a black that's not a thing.
Speaker 3: Not a thing. No, there aren't any melanistic ones. That's my understanding. Now.
Speaker 1: I've also heard that a black panther is a wet mountain lion, a black panther is a wet panther, a black panther is a muddy panther. I'd like to see more of this guy right here.
Speaker 6: Tell you what catches my eye is that rear uh pat pad paw foot hell cat?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 6: Well, and it looks small now they they are smaller on a cat on the back feet than the front feet.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't know, it's something.
Speaker 6: Just looks a little odd.
Speaker 1: But it's a black panther looks odd well, yeah, but it's like a little it's a little it's a little shiny, it's it's a.
Speaker 6: Little famished, scrawny looking. That back foot just doesn't seem quite right.
Speaker 1: He holds out that it's an escape zoo animal, But I don't know what the hell zoo animal.
Speaker 3: That would be.
Speaker 1: And he said he checked around, and he hasn't heard of any escape black leopards. Because there are leopards. There's a melanistic leopard. Is there a melanistic jaguar?
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's what I was That's what I was asking.
Speaker 1: There was a melanistic leopard. So if someone brought a melanistic leopard over from Africa and cut it loose in floridaout explain everything.
Speaker 3: But he hasn't caught wind to that. Well, is the what about the grass? The natural grasses it took there? Is that those native grasses? And man, that's something we hadn't thought to show.
Speaker 1: We should show that to uh, we should show that to Yanni's wife.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: She's gonna say, can you get me a closer picture.
Speaker 1: The seed pod?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What I can't get over is own like seventy percent of these pictures sent in or a picture of a picture, Like they took their phone and they took a picture of their computer screen, and so we've now lost like forty percent of the quality through that process.
Speaker 3: That's real common.
Speaker 1: Just somebody. You can see the reflection of their house from when they took the picture of the picture.
Speaker 2: Right click the photo, save it, and email that to Krinn. Don't don't take the photo of the photo. You've like ruined what could be an amazing photo by doing that.
Speaker 3: My brother sends me a trail camp fix all the time, like that man, did you for all this? But no, I took a picture with my phone. God, it's like when in Flintstone cameras got a bird in there taking it that.
Speaker 1: This is a very compelling photograph. We should at least send this guy a believer hat for real.
Speaker 6: I feel like, yeah, again, we don't know what that grass is, but it's extremely tall compared to that animal.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: I know there's tall grasses in that part of the country, but uh.
Speaker 3: It looks like goat weed. It looks like goat weed. I mean, I'm not saying it is.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying it would not surprised me whatsoever if if it was another ditch cougar.
Speaker 1: Dude, Listen, there's a lot of things that could be that's not one of them. That head is not a barncat's head.
Speaker 6: Ale angle light, man, There's just so many things that play well.
Speaker 1: What this guy would have been really helpful if this guy would have done is taken his tape measure. Is this thing five feet long or is it eight? Or is it you know, twenty eight inches long?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the the snout just is way longer than your typical.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, I understand.
Speaker 7: At the same time, my wife and I lived at a house north of Campus and Bozeman, and there was like a stray black cat who we called him ja'afar because he just he he sort of reminded us of just kind of like a sinister like he looks close close to this, he had a longer snout. If you saw him from a distance, you'd be like, is that a cat or is that.
Speaker 3: Something he really? Like?
Speaker 6: They do exist?
Speaker 1: Did you send this picture in film? That's a compelling photo? Now, the one down is another interesting thing about trailcam problems. When you have an animal cast in shadow, Uh, it's hard. And again, where is the tape measure? Because that tuft of grass would be a great place to start laying out your tape measure because if that tuft of grass is ten inches wide, that makes this a really interesting picture. If that tuft of grass is two inches wide, it makes it not a very interesting picture.
Speaker 3: Is that like a is that a gravel road?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't know. It's another photo of a computer screen. And like if this person's computer screen was facing south, it looks like they were standing on the southwest side of the computer when they took the photo. There's just like no level of detail in it.
Speaker 3: It's that's just gonna kind of hurt everybody's feet.
Speaker 2: I mean, it could be an incredible photody's feelings, and they're not gonna send anything.
Speaker 6: Right, It's like, why wouldn't have you just sent the original?
Speaker 1: I think that maybe we should have in our Yeah, only what kind of case Amercy Runnings run the mute? Yeah he should, Yeah, send send the originals. And but this is a learn because this is the first segment. Yeah, so I'm using cats because they come up. I select the cats. We'll get into the next segment. Maybe it's diseased animals. I don't know, it's animals with with wounds, it's animals carrying arrows sticking out of them whatever, today's cats. But it's meant to be a little bit of a primer, a help around how to help yourself. Yeah, don't send pictures.
Speaker 3: Of pictures of pictures.
Speaker 1: Try to get us the actual picture and try to do a little bit of Take a thing of known scale, Take an item of known scale, Take a five gallon bucket and go out, if you know, at a minimum, take a five gallon bucket, go out, set it where you suspect that animal standing, and take a test photo and capture that and then put together a little dossier of information that we can then share with experts to help us out.
Speaker 5: Fact sheet.
Speaker 2: Yep, Johanny, what's your craziest trail camp photo? Anything exciting?
Speaker 6: I don't you know. We've I get a lot which I find exciting. Is interesting is I'll get bobcats with uh prey fresh prey in their mouth, you know, their cruising around with like a squirrel or you know, a grouse. That's always interesting. I've gotten a couple collared wolves in Wisconsin. Yeah, and our neighbor to the south, I mean literally bordering us, got a mountain lion picture this year.
Speaker 3: Really one just got hit. No, I think he got hitting mensoba.
Speaker 6: Well the guy, you know, the guy that in self defense shot the one with the bow in Wisconsin and that wasn't too far from us.
Speaker 3: Oh I heard about that? Was that legit? Yeah, whole defense? Like what do you mean? What does you mean?
Speaker 6: Like the guy, the guy just said that he felt like that cat was getting ready to come into his tree and and and tussle with him, and he did not. He felt, you know, fear for his life.
Speaker 2: Pedro wrote a good article on it, not to meat eater dot com.
Speaker 1: I think yep, and I saw. I gotta get more educated on that. Keep scrolling down because this gets that. This gets great in terms of cats.
Speaker 3: I've held on to.
Speaker 1: This photo for a few years now. This is in reference to one from another Connecticut one. Well, jeez, and very seldom to break it out to show someone. Allow me to elaborate. You see, my home state is in Connecticut. No, his home state is Connecticut. His home state is not in Connecticut. And people lose their minds if you say mountain lion. If a questionable photo pops up, it's immediately discredited as a line. Yeah, Oh, it's immediately DISCREDI if if a photo pops up and you say it's a line, it gets immediately discredited. People refuse to believe there could ever be one in the state, even when and I believe it's been mentioned on the previous podcast, one was hit by a car in twenty eleven. I've seen many bobcats while sitting in the trees in the fall. I'm not one hundred percent, but my gut leans toward a mountain line. He apologizes to Clay that it is not a black panther north Stonington, Connecticut, right on the border.
Speaker 3: Of the Rhode Island Bobcat.
Speaker 1: I'm going one hundred percent Bobcat. But that leads me to my point. The bummer is the tails absent, which also leads me a thing. How many photos do you have set and do you have video? I'm asking his feller because if he had a three, if he had a three photo spurt separated by a couple seconds, he'd probably have a doozy. But if he's got a single photo, he's gonna wind up always being disappointed. And if you have there's another thing to keep in mind, because some people don't realize this. If you have a cellular ca and you're allowed to use cellar their cameras in the area, Uh, generally you you'll get texted or emailed whatever one but the card holds the video. You follow me. So if you had this thing on a burst of photos, you might have caught him when you could see his butt and see what he had for a tail. I think that I think you're looking at a bobcat, especially because the dude says he sees bobcats all the time. I think it's a it's a skinny summer pelt bobcat, and he dissenters.
Speaker 6: I don't see enough fluff to his head to make me think Bob the all the summer bobcat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if that picture is in Montana, I'd be like, yeah, it's like eighty percent chance that's Bobcat. But uh, Connecticut, because it looks like a bobcat. Say bobcat.
Speaker 1: Now, the next photo is a really good one, is it? Yeah, because because it's one that you can absolutely solve. Okay, it's the only one that can be categorically solved. This one looks like photo inception. You've got like someone took a picture of a computer screen, and then someone took a photo of that screenshot. Yeah, and now we're like four layers removed from then his mom took a picture and sent it to us. But I like this one because it's solvable. It's a cat squat and in tall grass, very poor quality. If you were walking through. You remember in the old days when you used to be able to have your TV set on static, like because you had like three channels, and if it was on any other channel, it was just like static. We called the bug Show when we were kids. You think that this was just a set on static, But if you look carefully, you start to make out.
Speaker 3: That it's a cat that tale.
Speaker 1: But yes, you okay, where does he say?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Southeastern Minnesota on a watering hole. We have not been able to figure out what this is and it's been a topic of discussion. Is it a deer, no bobcat, we'll talk about it, or mountain lion, we will talk about it. Aaron, Aaron, go to the right end of that cat. First off, where's your tape measured? Second, go to the right because you'd be able to go to that spot. The clumps in the grass would guide you right to that spot. Go to the right side of that picture. That cat is squatting and taking a piss and its tail to not get soiled. His little bobcat tail is curled up and black tipped. Its tail is bobbed. It's a bobcat one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: That's what it looks like.
Speaker 1: Bobcat.
Speaker 3: And you if you look I was looking. I was trying to find the spots. But if you look right, look at that. But they have poor spots out there. Ain't that spots really you think? I mean, that's why. That's why they're not valuable. That's why a bobcat can be.
Speaker 1: That's why a bobcat from the high desert, you know, like a bobcat from the high desert like the Mojave or something, or all Manner areas and Idaho places in Utah whatever can be worth a thousand bucks, and then a bobcat from Michigan can be worth fifteen bucks.
Speaker 2: They just don't have the spot quality.
Speaker 1: They don't have good they don't have a white belly and black spots on it. They're dirty colors. They don't have clean spots. Like when I was a kid, we I didn't even I wasn't even trying to catch bobcats because they're worth nothing. And meanwhile guys are selling.
Speaker 3: Them for eight hundred bucks, thousand bucks, twelve hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: Montana cats are can be valuable.
Speaker 2: What about a southern bobcat?
Speaker 3: No, like the spot wise, No, it's not good.
Speaker 2: No spots.
Speaker 3: You want high country usually, yep.
Speaker 1: You want they get They get valuable when you got If it's four fingers wide on the belly and pure white with very cleanly defined black spots, that's the value that that's going to wind up on an oligark's wife. You know what, It's going to wind up lining the coat of an oligark's wife.
Speaker 6: I learned recently, speaking of furs. I was thinking about getting one of my first light, big puffy down jackets lined with a kyo. You know that I had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm fixing to do that.
Speaker 6: And uh, I didn't know this, but like you also rate the kyo, it's by how many of those rounds that you get. And I didn't know that it's cut like this. It's it's a circumference piece, not a length piece.
Speaker 1: Until recently it makes total sense. Yeah, you take cut it like you're cutting firewood. Yea, and yeah. Once someone said that to me, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, man, it makes a hell of a lot of sense. There's a guy that lived in a neighborhood and i'll say a neighborhood. He lived in the country where we lived, and he talked about making shoelaces, bootlaces out of squirrels, squirrel hides. I think high in the world, could you make a you know, a pair of bootlaces, leather bootlaces out of a squirrel And he said, well, it's easy. And they tan it and tack it up on the barn, on the side of the barn, and they take a knife and they'd cut it in swirls like that, circles. Yeah. And then he said that you would wear out a pair of broken shoes before you broke a squirrel a pair of squirrel laces. Oh, you're kidding us. What he said that they was absolutely tough. I'm doing that, man, that's interesting. I've never done it. Now.
Speaker 1: One time I took a buffalo hide and took a knife and started doing that, cutting a half inch wide strip of leather around the edge.
Speaker 3: You guys, you can make something, I mean, oh yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Get one hundred yard layer one hundred yard just by doing that round and round and round. That's what people do to make those big, long, big long leather ropes.
Speaker 2: How many squirrels if you ten, Steve, I mean we used to.
Speaker 1: Try to tan them we were kids. We never got one to successfully work out. We would take uh, you know, saddle soap and stuff and try to rub it in there and it never worked out.
Speaker 2: What do you think the shortcoming was?
Speaker 3: Pre internet?
Speaker 1: Okay, you got it. People don't membery like people like you don't know this. You used to not be able to find things out.
Speaker 3: In the encyclopedia if you looked it up, it was only current to the day that book was printed. Yeah, there was one we had in our house. Was one they got my brother when he was I mean they were ten years old. There were countries and everyone in the same name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, man. You'd look and be like the Ottoman Empire, what where's that exactly?
Speaker 5: We used to try and tan like rabbits and squirrels with remember that orange bottle like orders that you yeah, and we'd always get Yeah, we'm we saw them salt them and cure them and that stuff. But they always just which hids do turned you know, a rock solid and we just never had the patience to break them and soft to stick.
Speaker 3: Put them on a stake in board and do that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was living for a while Missoula and there was this kind of old hippie couple next to me in the house.
Speaker 3: Next to me, Oh, you want.
Speaker 1: To hear a story, not about them, but about that house, dude?
Speaker 2: When I, uh, I never.
Speaker 3: Really told the story that time I took someone to small claims court.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm was that the only time? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And the judge was so mad at him, they yelled at him. Really, I got my money, I walked out of there.
Speaker 1: The judge was when I got that person, finally got that sum bitch into into the small claims court. The judge. I laid out my whole deal. And the judge never even wanted to hear them whatever they call mitigat or whatever. Didn't you want to hear what they had to say? Tell them laid into them.
Speaker 3: Really, Oh yeah, I'll tell you real quick. I'll try to tell us quick. Okay.
Speaker 1: Anyways, next door is this old hippie couple of no brain tan deer hides. But I was surprise how much they shrank whatever process they were using real like, they'd want, you know, the good sized deer, and you'd wind up somethings like, you know, really I mean small.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I could never figure out why their stuff was shrinking so bad.
Speaker 5: I wonder if that's typical for brain tans.
Speaker 1: Oh, no, I'd like to get into it. It's just one of those things like chess brain tanning. There's just certain things. I'm not going to go down that path, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, chess?
Speaker 3: Is that what you said?
Speaker 1: Just certain things that just seemed like a deep hole, you know, and once you go into it, once you go into it, it's just you're never gonna get to.
Speaker 3: The bottom of the hole. Uh huh. You know you follow me, and so I don't go near your stuff. So yeah, I'll check this out. I'll try to explain it real quick.
Speaker 1: We're living in this house, and you know, sometimes when you're in a lease and you get a new like, you're always trying to time your moves so that you don't pay rent in two places at once. But me and my buddy were in this one house and this other house that we really wanted to came up and we just had to do one of those deals where it sucks. We had to pay the two rents, but in the long time it was advantageous, like we'd recover our money's our new place was cheaper, so we had to play pay two rents. We're paying simultaneous rents. We moved most of our stuff out of the house and we're in our new house. But then our other house that we're paying rent on. It's like the seventh of the month that house burns down to the ground. Not our fault. It started in the wiring and the it started in the wiring somewhere in the house. The fire department did an investigation. They're like, there was a wiring issue, nothing to do with the tenants. We weren't even there anyway, So cere.
Speaker 2: A moment where you thought it could have been your fault.
Speaker 1: I didn't know, but I mean they like very quickly, well, no, because we weren't in there, so I mean, we didn't do it. It wasn't that we were partying or something and someone caught something on fire. I wait a respectable amount of time and I go to the landlord and I say, I need my rent back from the seventh to the end of the month because the house doesn't exist anymore, and I'm renting it, right And they're like, well, you're not living there anyway, to which I said, well, we had a bunch of stuff in there and it's now gone and it's none of your business and I could be renting it. It's like I could have never stepped footing there. Ever, what's it to do with you? If I wanted to go there, it was mine to go to. I'm renting it. How do you know where I'm going. The only reason you know I'm not there is because I told you I'm not there. It has nothing to do with the issue whether I'm sleeping there or not. It's like, it's gone, it's not my fault, and you can't rent me a thing that is burned down because you have faulty wiring.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't give me the damn money.
Speaker 1: So eventually get down to the small claims court and I come in here and I got the fire department report and all these pictures and paperwork, and I get to go first and I lay my thing out and that judge turns to that landlord and they're like, you know, she's.
Speaker 3: Like Oh, you just cast them checks when they come in month after month after month. In the minute, there's a problem. You can't be found that landlord.
Speaker 2: And you gained some faith in the American courtses.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, man, yeah, yeah, I was like, I was like Lee Green would walk on. I don't know what's next on trail cams. A lot of disease stuff, keep sending them in. But try to take some lessons from what we discussed today. Two primary lessons being Spencer, the original photo and the tape measure. And this segment will improve greatly when we have those things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's kind of it's it's not coincidence that a lot of these questionable animals come in the form of a questionable picture.
Speaker 1: So, uh, we haven't got any pictures of wolverines faker real yet. However, a little interesting news bit is, uh, Colorado, after they're very contentious ballot initiative to reintroduce wolves, which got a lot of people fired up, they're now shooting to reintroduce wolverines, which I'm predicting will encounter zero.
Speaker 3: Pushback.
Speaker 1: I say, that's a great idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I ain't gonna bother nobody.
Speaker 1: Well, Brody says this, Brody feels that knowing police, knowing the governor in Colorado, and how antagonistic he is to hunters, that uh, that this will quickly.
Speaker 3: Be used to put in further fur trapping restrictions. Oh, like I put riders on this field, it'll be the wolfrail.
Speaker 1: Oh now we have old rings and we don't want someone accidentally catching the wolverine. Therefore you can't do X, Y and Z. But if you do the reintroduction, we'll go in as an experimental population, so it'll be a little bit different. Maybe Brody's being a little cynical, but Brody's watched Colorado change a lot in the current administration, like I said, is so outwardly antagonistic to hunters, and the governor has also expressed support for ending fur trapping all together, express support for protecting black bears and mountain lions from any hunting regardless of population levels. So Brody a very own Brody.
Speaker 3: Henderson is.
Speaker 1: Supportive of wolverines being on the landscape, but not supportive of what the end goal might be. If this is just an honest deal to to bring in wolverines, great Wolverine's.
Speaker 3: Coolah, They're traditionally there aren't they in that.
Speaker 1: Area in the high country. Problem with wolverines, we've gotten to this a couple of times. It's just their hard animal to count.
Speaker 2: How many of you seen in your life? One that was in Alaska?
Speaker 5: I saw one on that I saw one on the moose hunt that we were at with these guys. It was incredible how much it moved. It was going in where those wolves were.
Speaker 3: Remember you saw wolverine on that trip. Yep.
Speaker 5: Oh, it was running from miles away and I first thought it was like a bear, and it was like running for a couple of miles just right to where those wolves were. It got right into where those wolves were and sit down in wherever that kill was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen one linx and one wolverine. I hope to grow those numbers.
Speaker 2: Did you have any trail cameras in Alaska at your fishk.
Speaker 3: I have not currently.
Speaker 1: I I really, I you, I really should just right now. Unfortunately I don't. I'm in a plaster that place. Next time I'm up there.
Speaker 2: Would that be a hard landscape to like have game walk within ten feet?
Speaker 3: Oh? When I had one in there, just I got tons of images.
Speaker 5: There's deer and bears.
Speaker 3: Martin black bears, black tails predominantly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it's a great place to have them out just right now, don't And I know right where I have some good spots where I want to put me and I'll get some wolf pictures and stuff. Here's a good story. I don't want to get too specifics. I don't want to get this particular tsa person in trouble.
Speaker 5: And I don't want to ruin a good This is a.
Speaker 1: Cool, great system. I don't even want to name the state. Yeah, I'm not even to name the state.
Speaker 2: It's a good call.
Speaker 6: But it's similar to what we heard a lot of people do at that. Uh wasn't it the Denver show that we did a long time ago?
Speaker 3: And they wouldn't let people in with their knives.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so everybody started stashing knives and they go to a rock or was it a down.
Speaker 1: Down put his knife in a down spout and there's already So.
Speaker 5: I love this.
Speaker 1: I buried one out. I was somewhere with my wife or another there and they wouldn't let me have my knife, and I just buried it in a tree. Well, you know, like how they put the trees on the sidewalk. Yeah, I just buried it under the woodschips. Every went and got it. Later, this guy says, he, uh, he's going to TSA in an unnamed state, and he forgets he has a he has a bench made in his pocket, and the lady says, well.
Speaker 3: Go hide it.
Speaker 1: Go hide it in the drop ceiling. Go hide in the drop ceiling of the bathroom.
Speaker 5: The coolest TSAG.
Speaker 3: He says.
Speaker 1: Three weeks later, he's gone for three weeks, so he's departing. He's on a three week trip, comes back three weeks later and goes and lifts up that drop ceiling panel and there's three knives there.
Speaker 3: That's like the bas felt.
Speaker 5: He said, I found a knife and pull it out. Nope, not mine, and put it back, found another, not mine again, and put that one back in a well, third try did the trick. I went home pleased.
Speaker 6: It seemed like early on TSA would uh or no, it wasn't TSA. It was just like USPS would have like a box, and TSA would be like, oh, right over there, there's a box. There's an envelope you can very quickly mail your think you're on and you can't take with you back to yourself.
Speaker 3: But that's not around anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, that'd be a great idea we should look into. Man, it's maybe like at art No, just at our local airport, like a charitable thing where we have a little kiosk so you can mail your knives to yourself.
Speaker 3: Good, you'd get a lot of action. Clay and I were going flying somewhere I think maybe up to b C. And they he had a knife you could have sword fault with in his shaving ship.
Speaker 5: And that doesn't how come that doesn't surprise.
Speaker 6: Classic, right next to his coffee table book.
Speaker 3: And but it was in fable and they let us call me study come pick it up, and we'd and somewhere else that had just confiscated it. Took us out back and shot us.
Speaker 1: But because it was so well no they yeah, they'll you know, it depends how early are. But you always had the option to retreat and go do something with it, or you'll run down and get in your check bags. But if they can't pull it up, you just got.
Speaker 3: To ditch it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everything else a pistol, Oh, different, different deal.
Speaker 1: My buddy got I got a couple buddies's gotten a lot of trouble over pistols. I talked about one buddy. I said, man, if you got a pistol in your bag you don't know about, they should shoot you. Like, how do you have a pistol you forgot about in your check bag?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, some whole elaborate story to explain it.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, how do you lose track?
Speaker 3: Bud in mine flies to Vegas all wearing this coat that he's got on. They're getting there, coming back through, coming back home, and then something goes off in his pocket. He's got two twenty two rounds in his pocket, and man, it was like cavity search and everything. Yeah, I had to do that. It was the same he went out there. It was never detected when he was coming all it was in there.
Speaker 1: When I had a shotgun shell on me, their attitude was you dumb ass. It was like, now we got to do all this stuff, you know. I said, Man, we were timing and hunting and blah blah blah, and their attitude was very much. I get it. Obviously you're not going to try to take the plane down with a shotgun shell, But now we got to do all this dumb stuff. And it's really irritating that you carried that shotgun shell on here and just bear, you know, bear with us, but you're really annoying. Yeah, it was kind of like it was very much like there was no like actual suspicion. It's like, oh, brother, now we gotta go through the whole shotgun shell deal.
Speaker 3: That was the end. That was at the end of the shift. Those folks were hot. They were trying to go home.
Speaker 1: When my buddy got hate, when my buddy had his pistol, he winds up need to go to court, you know, and he gets a very like after everything came out, he gets a very lenient deal, and he says, he whispers to his lawyer, ask about the gun.
Speaker 3: Lyrisays, forget the gun, you know, getting it back.
Speaker 1: Guy wrote a very spirited thing and about my theory on the morality and CORMANTT. McCarthy being naive and juvenile.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna read that.
Speaker 1: Another guy wrote in Oh, come on, it's just a lot. It's like I studied literature.
Speaker 3: In school, I don't.
Speaker 1: He well, no, it's rather pedestrian and short sighted.
Speaker 3: He says.
Speaker 1: Sure, some of his later more obvious works, yes, but it's not my theory does not hold up to his earlier works. And that's pairpoint old time, he saying. This guy wrote in because I was trying to get that saying. Going a fresh set of eyes will always find more beans, he says.
Speaker 3: Man, Me and my buddy's got a lot of those.
Speaker 1: Always leave a log.
Speaker 3: For the next camp. That's good.
Speaker 1: Some are dumb. Gotta give a piss or some space. No, no, never judge a game by its box. That's for people that don't read some I don't get when two fur traders throw down, they get naked.
Speaker 2: You used one today, I've never heard.
Speaker 1: Sometimes the sheriff's got to shoot his deputy.
Speaker 3: That is wild.
Speaker 1: Moss is uclimbable. What did I say today?
Speaker 2: You said that he had his lipstick on which I stick. Was like, I assume that's.
Speaker 3: Like about it? Yeah, using about dogs.
Speaker 2: I assume that's like when people mostly use it about dogs. I've never heard that though. I got what you were say though, like they picked up very quickly.
Speaker 1: You know what else, if I had to go to one of those things where you trip, you know, you try to find out what's deep in your mind. I remember having it when I was a little boy. Man coming running in the house.
Speaker 3: We had this dog Bobo, this rabbit dog Bobo coming in the house.
Speaker 2: Bobo's got your hanging out.
Speaker 1: Oh last thing that we're gonna be done. This pisses me off. Oh no, there's two things that are good. This one burns me up. Some Listen when we had Evan Felker on from the Turnpike Troubadours, and we were talking about him and the bird Hunters, which is a beloved song. It's a great song, and I'm talking with Evan Felker about the fact that he throws out that the guy is holding a Belgian made Browning yep. And I said to him, as a songwriter, I like these little references. Do you worry though that a reference might be over people's head? And I bring up there's a there's a Luke Comb song where he says that the guy has a Johnson outboard. Okay, so you're saying, like, when you select that, it's it's the guy doesn't have a Honda outboard. That's different. It's like you're setting the scene. It's like he's got a Johnson outboard. He's an older fella. He's got an outboard it's not even made anymore. It takes a certain amount of effort to keep the old thing running. It's just a different you know, he doesn't say he's got a four stroke Honda. That's like, not the guy. It's this guy that's like loyal to his wife, right whatever, and he's got this old ass motor. So you're setting a you're using a detail, setting a scene. And I was pointing out that you do that, and it might be that sixty seventy eighty percent of listeners don't know. To bring it back to Coran McCarthy, Corant McCarthy's saying that someone rode ahead with the horn of fire. How many people read that and never ever ever know what he's talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the people that know love it. You're like fan for life, So you got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I brought up to Evan Felker that that idea about these little details that mean a lot to a handful of people, but you run the risk of it being over people's heads. And then multiple guys right in being like, I can't believe Steve didn't see the significance of Belgium made browning. That's not what I was talking about. I wasn't throwing myself in with those people. I was just saying that there's a risk of being too esoteric, that I appreciate the risk taker take that.
Speaker 3: Andrew and jan An, let me ask you. Let me add my Matthew to that list. Matthew, Matthew, he worked for USS that and uh I like to drink Nope for customs. Oh, he says. I just think listening to Alvin Felker interview on me there a Renella actually gave him some crap about mentioning that Belgium maaide brown my old man.
Speaker 1: Listen, my old man had what he always said was a Belgium made browning. And then we looked up the serial number. It was not a belgiam made browning.
Speaker 3: Huh where was it? Maid? It must have been a mom even where did.
Speaker 1: They move him to?
Speaker 3: I don't know, it just wasn't. He always says.
Speaker 1: It was actually my mom's dad's was my maternal grandfather's autooder that somehow my dad claimed, I didn't know who the hell's got it? Now my mom's dad's goose gun and my dad I said, that's belgiam made brown It's Belgiamaine brownie.
Speaker 3: So that I mean that was twenty minutes before we started this. So I took a picture of him, of you and sent it to him while you were on your computer. Said, you made me punching, He said, I think you have to listen. Dude.
Speaker 1: His name's not Jan is it.
Speaker 3: No, it's Matthew.
Speaker 6: This guy's got the bottom steed, he even said. Andrew says, that's the great thing about music. It paints a different picture from every.
Speaker 1: Guy, says. The Belgium made Browning reference in the song The Bird Hunters was to signal to those in the know, dude, you're playing checkers and I'm playing chess.
Speaker 3: Buddy.
Speaker 2: I know he doesn't play chess, though.
Speaker 1: Metaphorical chess. I know that.
Speaker 3: Sons of bitches.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we must have just not done a great job explaining it at the in the moment, that's all it is.
Speaker 7: It's like that kind of specificity in songs that like ground the ground something to reality, and like even if you don't understand the reference, it kind of it still feels like, I don't know, more relatable and.
Speaker 3: A lot of a lot of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Chess, You're ready for Chetticutte done.
Speaker 5: I feel though a lot of people nowadays could be wrong. Don't actually really listen to the lyrics the radio songs. You could be mumbling and have a good back beating stuff and it could be a number one hit.
Speaker 1: Oh I listened to them lyrics, man, I did too bad bad listen to him hard.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 7: I don't listen to the lyrics episodes. I've heard it like twenty times.
Speaker 3: I listened to it twenty times.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm on more like twenty years. Like, yeah, what's the song where he leaves to go to the bathroom and he comes back to bed. Someone's taking his place? Yeah? Forever I thought that she was shaking his coffin daily and then M's like, what.
Speaker 4: Are you saying?
Speaker 6: No, he's shaking his confidence. I was like, oh, his.
Speaker 1: Cough, wake up.
Speaker 5: I'm a big lyric guy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, I've talked about this before, but I haven't talked about it for years. Songer talking about it again. I once read that remember when Diamond Dave left Van hand One, No, I don't yep, And they brought in and they brought Hagar. Yeah yeah, I mean not not the dog on Sammy, but it was horrible. Yeah, so Van Halen, Diamond Dave left Van Halen next went on to become an E M T. I don't know if you knew that. No, he became an ambulance guy just because he wanted to serve people a little bit better. So this leads one of my favorite quotes of all time too. Anyways, when so van Halen ditched uh, Diamond Dave what was his last name?
Speaker 3: Thanking on it? Good gosh, people are screaming at this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, van Halen ditched Diamond David Lee Roth and hired Hagar. Then later Hagar got fired from Van Halen. So I remember I was listening to Howard Stern and Howard Stern was interviewing Diamond Dave about Hagar's departure from Van Halen, and Diamond Dave said, you know, the sun's gonna shine again for Sammy.
Speaker 3: He's got that beautiful place and why he's got his family, And then Diamond Dave says, but.
Speaker 1: What do I know about losing the high profile career. But Hagar supposedly would get his lyrics by misunderstanding other lyrics, and then he'd find out what they were actually saying, and he would just make his lyrics what he thought they were saying, which is a great move, but I don't I said this before. I don't know how that leads to I can't drive fifty five?
Speaker 3: Yeah, where'd they go from?
Speaker 1: Or mos tequila?
Speaker 3: But still last one? Oh? No, two ones?
Speaker 1: Kachas, here's a chettikit for you.
Speaker 3: Ready for this? I haven't read it, but well I'm going to read it to you.
Speaker 1: I remember the guy who owns a crap load of land that's like a hectare.
Speaker 3: Huge hunter.
Speaker 1: Last night had a friend of him ask him if he can bring his twelve year old grandson out to kill a doe, no box, just looking for a dough for his first year. Guy says no problem, sends him to a blind confirms does only even says he can shoot a couple dos, just don't shoot the bucks. Kid kills the biggest buck on the farm. What would you do?
Speaker 5: I would? I would definitely, h oh man, that's tough. I would. I would. I'd let the kid know that he messed up and he can never hunt here again. I mean it's well the kid or the grand uh, I mean both holds the kid, the kid.
Speaker 2: Twelve years old.
Speaker 3: I leave the kid out of it. Yep. Well, it's the grandest problem.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I mean, they sure could be.
Speaker 1: It's the grandest problem. I have a twelve year old, well, I had one a year ago and I have one new year.
Speaker 3: The grandma'st problem. Yeah, they don't know little kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I mean grandma's problem.
Speaker 5: Hold your kid, he's way too young to hunt or talk. He's a year.
Speaker 3: Okay, in eleven years, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: But if so, I would have certainly had a conversation with my twelve year old daughter about what the parameters were about the hunt that we were getting into. I'm not saying I'm gonna like be like, damn a girl, you fucked that. Know, like I'm not gonna do that, But I mean, obviously, like beforehand, you had a conversation about and someone.
Speaker 1: Needs to talk to that kids. It's the grandpast problem, is not that kid's problem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Send your kid to school with some drugs and then tell me who gets in trouble. You were the kid.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's a good analogy.
Speaker 5: No, I mean I think I think there needs it's a grandma problem and the kid's problem too. Like the kid pulled the trigger. We don't know the story. How much pressure was there from the grandfather to shoot that buck. The kid could have really wanted to shoot a buck. I remember when I was twelve years old, like I wanted to shoot things, man, like a big buck. Holy cow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did he wake grandpa up? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Not see that the gun was trained on a bunk.
Speaker 3: Yeah you got one. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: So I think there needs to be a swift talk and to both of these fellas that they messed up.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't let him take the deer. Really no, because you gave him permission to hunt.
Speaker 3: Art right there, man, until he didn't sleep all night.
Speaker 5: Dude, you're you're a nice guy. You're letting him hunt your proper You could say, shoot as many doze as or want, but please don't shoot a big buck. And then the guys come shoot a big buck, they don't get to hunt the place again. You take the buck and you let him know they messed up.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm boom boom.
Speaker 5: It's like, oh, it's fine, you guys shot the biggest buck on the property. You know, come back whenever shoot.
Speaker 3: Does come back at night.
Speaker 1: I'm asleep, kid, there's one more it's about stream access law. This is a good one, as we are aware. This is someone right now, as we are aware. Montana stream access law is blow historic high water level. It's it's you're you're kind of right mean high water and if you stay below that, you are free to wander. Not he says, free to wonder. He's free to wander, meaning on a nag in Montana. It's for you listeners, not in the state of Montana, which is the vast majority of you. If you're in Montana and you're on what's regarded as a navigable stream, so that there's a history of navigation on that waterway, you can walk blow the average high water mark, meaning if it's in a drought, you might be walking across dry ground, but you're kind of standing down on the gravel bars and you know, blow the bank.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if anybody you know pays attention to it, you can see where that high water mark is. There's usually a brush line from high water. You stay below that, you stay on the rocks. Easy to tell.
Speaker 1: If you're walking on a if you're walking on a within our if you're stepping on a cottonwood tree route, you're probably not in your you're above it. Some tepping on a gravel bar, you probably blow.
Speaker 5: It sometimes those cottonwood roots that, however, go underneath.
Speaker 3: In Yeah, that wasn't a good one. But you follow me. Yeah, it's a bunch of I don't know, you know, but you're good.
Speaker 6: If you're up in the grass.
Speaker 1: If you're up in the grass, you're probably out of it. If you're down in the gravel bar and little you know, willow patches all full of sediment, and and uh, you can see where spring runoff is blowing all kinds of brush and trees around.
Speaker 3: You're walking down there. You're good.
Speaker 1: So this is a common thing. He climbs in the river channel out of public access. He climbs in the river channel at a bridge, walks through private ground using stream access to access public and he's scouting for deer. Find some good sign of deer, and he says, sweet, I'm going to get to this public by walking the public access game.
Speaker 5: Warden says, there's some legality.
Speaker 3: Can't do that.
Speaker 5: You have to be fishing.
Speaker 1: You can't use you can't use the stream access law to get to.
Speaker 3: Hunting ground. Hunting ground.
Speaker 5: I've heard some gray areas stuff with this.
Speaker 1: Different wardens interpreted different ways. But let me tell you the fail safe way to do it. Make a couple casts. Make a couple of casts on your way in, Make a couple of casts on.
Speaker 3: Your way out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have a fishing rod with you.
Speaker 1: You have a Yeah, you have right of access.
Speaker 5: And I I have done this a lot actually, but it it's actually a fishing trip too, Like I'll fish my way into a spot, camp hunt and fish my way out the next day.
Speaker 1: I've talked to a game more than about this, and he where he winds up having trouble with people is they'll do that and they'll get into a position where he's like, there is no way they're retrieving that.
Speaker 5: Game because they run onto private He's just.
Speaker 1: Like, so you're telling me, and I want to make sure that you we're talking about the same thing. You're gonna get that in the water there and drag that deer back up this river.
Speaker 6: Oh when you just quoter it and walk it out.
Speaker 1: That well, that's that's his That's what he expressed to me. He clarifies with someone, I just want to be clear, this is the plan. Yeah, when you get one, you're gonna come the way he got out of it.
Speaker 6: You'res as the whole way back to the truck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's his he says, I now, and they'll see someone they like. They don't have any they haven't thought through how they're gonna do this, And that's what I clarify there.
Speaker 5: There's also the same deal with floating because some of these spots you can float in and technically you have to be fishing too, even when you're floating to access the ground. The ground.
Speaker 3: This is what I've because your fishing trip turned into a hunting trip. Fishy way down, they'll be like, oh wow, I want to go up there and hunt for a minute. So there's no law you can't like, is it? You're not limited to archery equipment or something while you're finishing to do with that. No, you just gotta have a snoopy ride, take a cup of casts.
Speaker 5: I mean a lot of areas, some areas in these things are like weapons restricted, so you have to be careful with that.
Speaker 1: But but that's not but that's different thing that's totally unrelated. All right, tails from the tour bus.
Speaker 3: Right here.
Speaker 1: Thanks everybody for joining Brent, Thanks coming out. How things going with your show? Oh, really good, really good. It's it's been such a joy.
Speaker 3: And get a lot of I get a lot of feedback from folks and just everybody's enjoying it. Met a guy walked in the door up here, some guy that works here. He's from originally from Mississippi. He's up here working at the is it the Folly Theater the venue for tonight and he's this country life man. I always say he loves it. He said, he never misses it, so gradually its good stuff. Thank you, it's good to hear. Thank you for the platform. It's it's a lot of fun. Thank you man. I appreciate it. All right.
Speaker 1: Eight buddy, have a good whatever, get a get a get a tape measure, keep it with your trail keeping your trail can.
Speaker 3: Bag that would have come in hand. It with that hole.