Speaker 1: What's that bed?
Speaker 2: It's spooky. I'm really sure it's dead, it's coming, it's wait.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Hey, I'm said Ross.
Speaker 2: Pllease he boo, it's me Ross. How are you good? Everything great? I'm doing just fine. I was checking the five star reviews and Apple podcasts and oh my god, for some reason, there's a ton of them, a bunch of brand new ones. So thank you guys so much. It's so nice to see that, and and all the nice things that you guys say. I really really appreciate you all so so much. You've gotten me through this past year, that is for damn sure. But I saw there's a ghost story that is hot off the press, is just posted that I wanted to read because there's something mentioned in here. This comes from roxy Am and they say a bunch of nice things they've heard me on Chatty Broad's one of my favorite podcasts. And for the ghost story, okay, I'll share my most freaky experience. They write, I've had a run in with a self made wija board as a teen. Yes, not the best idea in retrospect. Okay, Now that's the part that really caught my attention at first, because we talk about that today, I am here for part two with Wija Queen Karen Adolman and Karen A. Doleman answers a question about homemade wija boards because a couple of weeks ago I posted in the Facebook group ghosted by Roz Dress if anyone has any we do related questions for Karen, and we did get one of those, so Karen will be answering all those questions a little bit later on today's episode to look out for that. But anyway, back to Roxyam's beautiful five star review. Ghost story. So the story that stands out the most involves one of my children's Fisher Price toys. In our previous rental home in the Pacific Northwest, we had suspicious activity that seemed paranormal. My kids saw quote shadow people. One was panicked after hearing breathing right next to her during quiet reading time alone in her room. And then my mother in law came to visit. She talked about being somewhat sensitive and was scared because she said she felt a presence without us mentioning anything, and did a trick to see if a nickel would be moved in her guest room while she was out in the living room. It did ooh, this ghost wants that money, honey. While I am open to the paranormal, I was basically like, uh huh okay. And then I took our youngest into our bedroom the same day to nap and half fell asleep with her. Then I woke up suddenly and looked straight at a little toy lamp a laugh and learn sitting near me, but on top of a bin of clean clothes. It lit up and said hello and turned back off. It was terrifying. Hello is one of the things it can say, but its light switch has to be switched up manually. The energy I felt was so scary. I wasn't questioning there being a presence after that, and I threw the lamp away. It seemed like it was being used as a means of communication. Hebegbi's Since we've moved houses, we haven't had issues like that anymore. I'd love to hear from other renters of that house if they've had similar experiences. I couldn't find any negative history on the address from my online searching. Maybe do you think it could be connected to that homemade Oija board? I don't know. That was when you were routine. I don't know, but it sounds like maybe something was trying to communicate with you. Maybe it's not related to the house at all or the toy. I'm not sure, but thanks for sending me that. And you guys could send me a ghost story in a five star review on Apple Podcasts, or you could just say something nice or don't say anything at all on a five star review of my podcast. There's also a couple of news stories that I I wanted to talk about on this show today, the first one being this whole UFO situation. We've talked about this a couple of months back, but it was actually this last Friday that the US intelligence community released the unclassified report to Congress of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena, also known as UAPs or UFOs as most of us think of them. There's a lot of articles about it. I would definitely recommend going out and reading it. I have not read the report myself, but I was looking at this article that was on cnn dot com. It says eight takeaways from the government's big UFO report, and it's a nine page report. It doesn't really firm or debunk the existence of aliens or anything like that, which I mean, what did we expect. Did we really think that they were going to be like, Okay, so this is what an alien is and this is the planet that it's from. But there's definitely some interesting stuff in this article. Maybe I'll get to reading the whole report at some point. Maybe that'll be the Ghosted Summer book Club. I don't know. This part here it says our analysis of the data supports the construct that if and when individual UAP incidents are resolved, they will fall into one of five potential explanatory categories. They could be airborne clutter, natural atmospheric phenomenal, USG or US industry developed mental programs, foreign adversary systems, and a catch all quote other bin, which is like, we want to know about the other bin. Like that's that's what's in the other bin, that's the whole that's the whole thing. We want to know about the aliens. And so, I mean, it seems like there's some good stuff in here. I think that I think that's something that's cool. I guess is that this is the government acknowledging that there are these unidentified aerial phenomenals that take place, and so I think it is validating for people that for years have said, you know, like you're your uncle Carl, that for years has been saying, like I saw in the field that night, these things flying around, Like Okay, Now I feel great for Uncle Carl because now it's at least been said that that kind of a thing does happen. It's nice, it's nice that that has happened, that this acknowledgment has happened, and that they've shared that. But I want the juicy details. It says that no standardized reporting mechanism existed until the Navy established one in March of twenty nineteen. The Air Force subsequently adopted that mechanism in November of twenty twenty. So it's like this is a fairly new thing that they've been documenting, I guess, And I mean it just talks about the things that they've seen, you know. It talks about there was a time where they saw what they call airborne clutter, which was a deflated balloon in one time. There's been some UAPs or UFOs that appeared to stay stationary when the wind when it was windy out, or they moved against the wind. So they've seen, you know, they've seen some shit. Is what they're basically saying, we've seen some shit. We don't know what it is, but we've seen it. And then this article ends by just sharing the part where they say that they remain unidentified due to limited data or challenges to collection, processing, or analysis, and may require additional scientific knowledge to successfully collect, on analyze, and characterize some of them. Well, I would love to hear about that. So it's a start. It's something that's how I'm looking at it. It's something you know me, I'm not like a big UFO person on this show, but I find it fascinating. It's paranormal. Do I want answers kind of? But like do I really? I don't know. I just think it's part of the fun. Part of the fun is the unidentifiedness, the unknown. I love that, okay. And then one more very important news story that has been brought to my attention is something that was in the Daily Star which was posted the twelfth of June, and it is about UK drag star Beg of Chips, who was on RuPaul's Drag Race UK. And it says Bega Chips haunted by a sex pest ghost that's desperate to see her naked Okay says after some creepy incidents, she is convinced that the ghost is trying to get frisky with her. She told The Daily Star, I was in my flat and I thought there was someone who kept going up and down the stairs. I remember it like it was yesterday. It suddenly felt really cold in the room. I was like, what the bloody hell is going on here? I felt cold on my face. I think they were trying to kiss me. She added it got to the point where I would get changed in the bathroom. But then I realized a spirit could just walk through the walls anyway, She said, I just had a feeling that there was someone standing at the end of my bed, and then I saw it. When you see a ghost, it's not like when you see a person. It's kind of a shadow like steam. I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman. It was dark. It's really hard to explain. She says, She's been to loads of haunted places. Well, I'm very fascinated by this. Yeah, I would love to have bag a Chip on the show to talk more about it. I don't think I would want that. I don't think I would want a ghost trying to get with me in my apartment. But it of course does remind me of when we had Billy Lee on this podcast who told the story of her time having sex with a ghost, which if you haven't heard that episode, go back and listen. And here's another reminder that still to this day, all of our episodes are still up on the main podcast feed, so go back. There's an endless supply. I like to think that the interviews don't really have like a shelf life. I think that they're good stories that could could last, even though some of them are like two years old, the interviews, but I think the stories are still pretty relevant. I might have like a thing or two in the intros about like here's what I did this week, But check out those other episodes as well. Okay, I want to talk about wijaboards. We are all over the paranormal map today and I absolutely love that. I love when the show just goes from one topic to the next. And as always on Patreon patreon dot com slash roles dres Fales, you can hear bonus material from this conversation and in that clip. This week on my second Tier, we are talking about when animals come through on wijaboards, and Karen has some stories and some insight about that kind of a thing, because I'm like, you know, a wija board you have to be able to spell, you know, because you go letter by letter. So how does that work when it's like an animal or someone that like a child, or someone that doesn't know how to spell, Like, how do they do that? So she gives us her insight on that. And as always, every week I have a new video on Patreon, and this week it's me giving you some suggestions of some of my favorite horror movies that you could watch this summer, because I don't know, there's something about the summer that gets me in, like the scary movie Spirit more than more than normal. So go check that out please. I always appreciate the support. Anyway, Here is my conversation, part two with Karen A. Doloman on with the show. So if a you know, an inexperienced person is using a weija board and they're just like, all right, who's here? What are what do you think that they're likely to run into? In terms of all the different types, I.
Speaker 1: Would say, what does it they think and what are their feelings about the board? And If so, they just who's here. And let's say you think, oh my god, I'm so afraid shout be doing this. I shouldn't be doing this. I was told this by my church. Oh my god. They're gonna probably pull in something negative if they go, oh my god, I'm so curious about using this. You know, I've heard some really interesting stories. I'm open to it. They're going to probably pull in something more like, you know, like maybe a deceased person. I see, the dead zone is the easiest to reach into. I call the dead zone those like spirits that might still be lingering, or those are your loved ones that are nearby. They haven't they've gone into the light, but they're here to still help you. It just depends. The question would really be what are you harboring within? And then that's what you're going to get.
Speaker 2: I mean, it really is kind of like one of those old game shows where you have to like guess who's behind the curtain or whatever. You know, just keep asking questions.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: It's like the dating game or whatever. Well, now, if let's say a person, a human on this earth is like weed, boards are evil, They're awful. Blah blah, blah, never touch it, and they die and then you try to contact them. Is it different over there? Are they can you can you get a hold of them or are they going to.
Speaker 1: Be It's always their choice, Okay. So for example, I had a friend whose stepmother had died and she was really just a horrible person. And she was the first to come. She came through because my friend really wanted her stepmom to come through. And it was that dynamic of really, you know, needing a chance to talk to her and tell her it's okay. And she came through. She said, Oh my god, I'm so scared. I was such a bad person in life. You know, it's hard for me. I don't want to go. I don't I'm afraid to move on to like because I'm going to be judged. And I was bad. It was horrible. And we just told her say, hey, you do the best you could do. Can you forgive yourself kind of thing. So the little therapy on her, that's why I call it, we to therapy tongue in cheek, and it helped her. So you can Sometimes sometimes you can't reach them because they don't want to be reached, you know. But I also this it's not like you're hopeless when you move. Let's say you have just a horrible life and you're just a horrible person, mean, and there's opportunities for you to grow and evolve. You're always growing evolving, no matter what dimension you're in, and there's always beings that are loving to help you to further your development. And so there's classes, if you will, if you want to call it that, I've heard them actually use the term classes or lessons or teaching or people that are helping them or other beings that are helping them. So there's always that chance, you know, to continue to evolve and do change if you choose to your ways, and if you don't want it, then that's okay too. I mean, it's all free will, that's the bottom line. Nobody's judging you but yourself when you finally get to that space.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is just reminding me. Okay, here I go with my theories again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do it.
Speaker 2: I have this theory that I'm sure I didn't come up with, but I came to on my own that And you're the perfect person to talk to about this that so many of these goes from you know, eighteen hundreds or even you know, the sixties, seventies or whatever. These people that haunt these houses now and they have this unresolved something that's keeping them here. That I think that they come from times when therapy was more stigmatized and they didn't maybe necessarily seek therapy or any type of self help. And that's why even in death they're still resistant to it or just have never dealt with you know, that loved one that died and now they're roaming these halls looking for them or whatever. Do you think that's a thing.
Speaker 1: I think that's a wonderful way of looking at I think that's definitely an aspect of it. I mean, I've run into some beings because they were stock and they weren't they weren't aware that they were deceased. They were just repeating. And then you get that looping behavior and that's haunting and walking the walls, and it's the same old thing, it's all. And I've done gosh many stories along those lines, much work with that. I read about that a lot in my second book, The Spirit Ruwegia, Four Decades of Communication. I talk a lot about that stuff because that's a real thing, and you will find these energies will just stay where because they're still attached to something here. Whether it's like they could be lost, like looking for a loved one that they lost and they had grief and they couldn't move on, or they just chose not to move on, or they just love to be in the space they're in, or they're attached by greed, or just all kinds of emotions. It could be positive emotions too. Like I said, they don't want to leave their loved one. There's a lot of reasons why they linger on. But that's a real thing too, And that's why I call that area the dead zone because it has a lot of just lower energy vibrations at times. So you could pick up on that one that's hateful. I mean, if they're hateful in life, when they die and they don't move on, they're probably going to be hateful there because they're not getting that assistance and they're not wanting to see it. Like that mother in law that I just the step excuse me, stepmother, I is just telling you about she didn't want to move on. She's like, I know I was bad. If I move on, I'm gona be judged. All She knew was having in hell. That's what a religious doctrine taught her. She didn't realize there was many areas of gray in between. And I spoke to her for a while about it, and I said, and she said, I don't want to hear it. I said, you know, it's none of my business, and I'm always available if you want to talk to me. But my friends said she did some work with her in her mind and had some dreams of her stepmother that seemed like she was moving forward. But you know, they get to it's all free will. And I go in a situation where there's somebody that seems like they're stuck, I don't go I'm going to move you and release you to the light. I just say, is there anything you want to tell me? Can I help you in any way? Do you need something? You're you're able to contact me? And they might say no, I'm good, or they might say, yeah, you know where am I? I mean, I've had that happened many times. It's dark, I don't know where I am. And I'm just say okay, well give me some information and let's talk about it. And you know, it becomes this therapy thing. It really does, and so in that way I can work with them. I don't only if they choose to. Again, it's not that's not me judge it. Yeah, that's that's me for projecting my own crap onto them, like I got to save them. No, there's nobody to save. Everybody has to save themselves if they choose to.
Speaker 2: I'm just like a big therapy person and I think that if somebody is, you know, a terrible person on earth, well they probably could have benefited from a little therapy. Then maybe in the future when they die, they won't be absolutely.
Speaker 1: But but you get a re instill ross always helping her side. So when they transition over, you can you can do like what they call a life review. And my work is a past life therapist. For years when I was practicing psychotherapists, I would use that technique and we'd go back to where their issues started. And I wasn't trying to take them back to past lives. I was taking them back even in this life, whord your issue started, that you're working on your why you came to me for a therapy, And sometimes they go back into past lives or even future lives, and that's where they found the issue was, and it's contained within their sollular memory, not cellular sollular memory, and it's they're holding on to it and it's like learning to release that. So the help is there. So in that sense, i'm the spirit guide on earth. But then we're also working with their higher self and the other dimensions. And they often they tell me they're met with a life review and other beings they recognize. They don't know who they are, but they recognize they seem familiar. And there could be spirit guides. It could be loved ones, it could be people they don't even know, but they're like loving and they're helping them look at their life and to move forward and meaning like can you forgive yourself for that? And what would you like to do to change that? And so there is like a therapy happening, and you're like, it's like.
Speaker 2: A board of of beings that you talk to. Oh my god, that's good.
Speaker 1: I call it the counsel of Karen. I mean we all have our own counsels. You got your counsel of ros. I mean we all have our counsel. They're there and they're around you right now, and they're going to be there when you transition and that's that's I call it transition. You never they say you never die. Dead is just a word we use the human experience that we never die. And they said, nothing's ever dead. It just transitions to another dimension. And so you you have that counsel, you have that group. I call it mine's a collective. But when I'm doing like meditations, I call them the Council of Karen because they come to help me. And everybody has that, and one day when you're in, when you're in spirit, you may choose to do that for others. You know, we all get to do it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, do you have enough time for a couple of listener questions?
Speaker 1: Sure do?
Speaker 2: Okay. I posted in my Facebook group called Ghosted by Rods Dress Falas, and people were so excited for you to come on here because we love talking about Jia boards and I don't know, we've.
Speaker 1: Heard I love boards.
Speaker 2: Sounds like you got the right person. Okay, here's the question. Beck's writes, is there a difference between a wija board and a spirit board or is that just a linguistic preference. I think we kind of answered that right, we.
Speaker 1: Did, But I will say this all boards are talking boards, but not all boards of wija boards, right, you know, back of what we said earlier. Clean, but a great question. I'm glad people are asking this to educate themselves.
Speaker 2: Yes, Kathy says, Karen is awesome. Can't wait? Got a fan? Marcus says, what happens if you throw one away? Because I totally did.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, people have their own superstitions. We justitions around the board. It is an inanimate object. People will lot of people want to burn them and destroy them, and I say, donate them to the Talking Board Historic Society. Go to our website TVHS dot org the addresses there, send them to us. We'll we'll use them. Well, we'll rehabitate them, but I'll do therapy on them.
Speaker 2: Have you had ones come in that people are like time, but they're like this one's haunted and then you get it and things happen or don't happen.
Speaker 1: No, things don't happen again. You gotta remember for us as the historians, and also I use the board. I mean it's it basically, it's our beliefs and I know that for me. Now other people have different beliefs, you see, So it's really going to be reflective of your own personal beliefs. So if you threw it was that, Marcus. I think you said, yes, okay, Marcus, if you threw it away, that's okay. But it's got to be okay to you first. So for you get clear within yourself that you didn't do anything wrong. You just decided the board wasn't from you. It's not gonna come after you. Those are all that's all from Hollywood and movies, and they did a great job. You know, they played upon our fears and excitement. So just let it go. Forgive yourself for doing that, because I think boards are fabulous and I would have taken it from you. So I'm kind of mad at you, but you know I'll forgive you too. But listen, it's okay. It's totally okay. You didn't do anything wrong. It's just an inanimate object. Most of them nowadays are compressed particle board. I'm looking at one right now that's from the nineteen fifty sixties. It's a William Fold huge. I love. It's one of my favorites. That one's masonite. Some those boards don't burn masonit doesn't typically burn. But you know, it's all good.
Speaker 2: Which I'm sure people have tried and they're like, it won't burn, it's easy. Yeah, yes, yeah, I'm sure. Well that's funny that you say this, because when I was having my experience with my board, which I'm a big lover of anything paranormal, like mid century into the seventies even eighties a bit, I just love it. And the one that I had was one of it's a really popular one, I guess maybe seventies, the one that has like the photograph of people's hands and it's okay.
Speaker 1: That would be the Willing that excuse me, that'd be Pucker Brothers that started. That one started in nineteen sixty eight, I think it was late sixties. So I know which bored you have, and that's the one I have that I got in seventy three, which is circus seventy two.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah. So when I had that, I was like what do I do with it? And everybody was, oh, you got to burn it, No, you have to give it to somebody, you have to like all these things. And I finally decided just to throw it in my dumpster and I made a conscious effort. Now I didn't know anything about anything, especially at that time. But I was just like, I have a feeling that if I just don't acknowledge that I'm throwing this away, I don't like put any energy into that, then maybe it'll close this whole chapter. And that's just what I did. I think I put it in like a garbage bag with a bunch of other stuff and just dumped it in a dumpster and nothing ever happened again.
Speaker 1: So you let it go. That's exactly see. That's it, you guys. But I'm still gonna say, don't throw them away.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm sorry. I wish I would have known you how many years ago was this? This was probably two thousand. Well, by the time I threw it away, it was probably twenty thirteen. Wa I know, just think a.
Speaker 1: Little magic you could have with that board if you still had it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. That could have been like my co host, I could have had like a spirit on the show with me. I never know every day, I know, well, but I was really freaked out by it, and luckily nothing has happened. Nothing scary. Actually, nothing ever really truly dark or terrifying happened, I will say, And I don't think I've ever encountered that energy again.
Speaker 1: To oh, win, tell the portal on the board back, kidding spinning into your room.
Speaker 2: Okay, well here's another question. Okay, what about making one yourself out of paper?
Speaker 1: I love that one because I when I was younger, and I wouldn't have my board with me. I just only had one board for many, many years, till about two thousand and eight nine ten. Somewhere there I started collecting boards. So I'm more of a recent collector where I just needed one. You only need one board. But I would travel, I wouldn't always bring my board with me, and so I beat somebody's house or like, yeah, let's do the wage board. Karen's here, I'm like cool, do you have a pizza box? And I go, yeah, do you have a paper sack? Yeah? I would just cut them open, or take a pizza box and just draw the letters and numbers on there. Sometimes I put yes and no. You could always the plant check could always spell out yes and no. And I didn't always write goodbye because the plant chet can spell goodbye or bye. And we would just get a double old fashion or a pirate's dish or some kind of plastic lid, and I cut a little opening in it, and we just that would work every time. Homemade boards work great, you guys. In fact, people say what boards should I get? What board works the best? And my answer has always been the board that you like the best is the one that's gonna work the best because you got it, you're excited about it, and until you really know what board you want to buy, make your own. I mean you could make them on like I said, pizza box, you know, paper sack, piece of paper, poster board, wood, glass. I have a glass one a friend of mine edged for me, beautiful board. Yeah, I've seen aluminum boards. Needs to make them. I have a friend who made her own. I mean, I people people send me boards. A lot of my friends make boards and send them to me and they're just gorgeous. So any board will work as long as you work.
Speaker 2: Well, especially if you're an arts and crafty person like myself.
Speaker 1: Can see you should make your own.
Speaker 2: There we go. Okay, that was a good question. That was from Olivia.
Speaker 1: Totally good.
Speaker 2: Here's one from Kristin. Has Karen seen any Ouija boards and other languages like Chinese.
Speaker 1: Or Yes, I've seen him in Spanish. They do have them in other languages, especially when people make them themselves. But there was a one that was mass produced with Spanish. See that kind of stuff on it in audios. I've seen French. Canada created some boards too, French boards, you know, you can make them anyway. Oh here's a cool board. One of my fellow collectors, Rick Shrek, he created the Braille board. And so when you move around you do with your finger. You can go and you go into each hole and has a different letter of by Braille.
Speaker 2: Oh that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Is that amazing? So you guys, this guy's not even limit it's unlimited. It's limitless of the type of boards you can make in all language. I have a friend who hasn't in Runic language. I've had people who've made it in just all different kinds of different singles or symbols, and and that means the language for them. I have a friend who from New Zealand who's made his. He's in touch with extrastrials. They gave him a whole different language to use. That board is actually on my website at Karenadalmond dot com. Go under galleries you'll see his board. The guy from New Zealand. It's all written in a whole different like hieroglyphic language. It's really, you know, up to you and whoever wants to make them. You get up any language, make it work to your advantage. If you have a different you want to speak in a different dialect or something.
Speaker 2: Okay, Kathy writes, I remember in early grade school, like first maybe second grade, waiting for my mom to pick me up, and these four girls sat with their legs crossed in front of each other, and they you, and they used their folded legs to put the Ouiji board on, and they were asking questions, and I just stayed watching them, and they were giggling, and the thing flipped over, and they all yelled and stood up and ran, leaving it behind. I didn't go near it. But how common is it that the actual board moves like that? Does it usually flip over? We usually hear that the planned chat does crazy things.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, that's the great, great question. And if that was me, I would have grabbed that board and took it and ran, take the goods and run. Okay. So I personally have never seen the board move on its own. I've never seen the plant chat movement. It's on its own. I like I said, I have a lot of boards, and typically they're all hanging up all over my walls or over my house. There's no mischief in anything like that nature that's happened to me. People report to me they've seen those those things, but my first time experience has been I have never seen it, but I hear stories of those kinds of things happening. So what I say is, I'll go back to what we originally said in the very beginning. I said, how maybe we're not giving ourselves enough credit to what's happening here. Maybe it was psychokinesis. Maybe they're they're because they say this is something about women or children, especially girls that are growing and developing in puberty, they tend to do a lot more telecanesis or cyclcnsis, things like move objects. There's the hazard of develop it's like the emotionality and all this abilities within them is expanding. And there's a lot of psychic experiments that show they're able to do this stuff. And it usually happens with a budding girl that's beencoming into puberty going into our minsis is like able to do this stuff. So I'm not saying that's what happened there. I'm just saying, let's let's don't just confine it to that's all that. It could be maybe we're not giving ourselves credit that we're doing this ourselves and then thus scaring ourselves. But it could be just the board flipped. I don't know, never happened to me. I'd love to see.
Speaker 2: It, right. Well, yeah, and I mean that's the exact same thing with like what people classify as like a poulter Geist, I think is a lot of times it seems it tends to be centered around, you know, a girl going through puberty year around that age for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really interesting, I mean, developing coming into their abilities, and they're just so in touch with this emotionality. I think it is what it is. But you know, a lot of things are changing. I think people are you know, that are coming in more into this world, are are more in touch with that. See, so much has changed when I was growing up. It's like you can talk about these things where I couldn't. You know, that was cuckoo, you know. And when I was practicing therapist too back in the nineties, it's like I would have lost my license, you know, talking to I was heavily doing the board, and I had a lot of clinicians who were like PhDs and other master degrees psycotherapists like myself. They'd come to me secretly and we do the Wiji board and get messages. You know, they don't want to know. Yeah, they won't eve to know they were doing it. You know, you didn't tell people you're seeing psychics back then. So things have changed, and so such an open openness about this kind of stuff. I think people are having more and more experiences that are more psychic because they're now they're open to them. And look at all the shows on TV. Look at your Wonderful Show. There's so many podcasts and things like this that talk about these things that it really starts to open people up to say, wow, that's possible. And by the way, I had an experience and you start recalling it, and then you're just more comfortable having them, not in itself allows it to happen.
Speaker 2: With you having done this since the seventies. I mean, when did you see that shift?
Speaker 1: I would say, let me see. I would say late nineties, early two thousands, so last twenty two, twenty three, twenty four years, maybe maybe even twenty five ers, I might push it. There was a thing as a harmonic convergence. What happened and was that nineteen eighty seven, and there was a thing when people around the world were starting to feel this energy change. And then of course we had that the whole Mayan calendar thing that things supposed to shift in twenty twelve. You know what it really was. I think the roonic version kind of ushered it in. There was things always happening in our world, and things seem to happen around you know, when we changed centuries, they'd like, oh, things are going to shift. But nineteen eighty seven was when things really started changing. But still you weren't out in the public so much. If you were, you had a degree or a license in practicing. Now you know, I would have been called a quack. But it became probably more towards the end of the nineties, and I think it was settling in the two thousands, and there was a lot of spiritual conferences and I remember starting to attend them in the nineties. Now they have conscious EFFECTSPO, but it was like different expos that were spiritual, and they didn't really call them so paranormal. It was more not even supernatural, it's more just spiritual conferences. But you got into talking about some of these topics. But then you started seeing more people talking about extraterrestrials UFOs. It became more mainstream. And then so in the two thousands, around that time, early mid twenty twelve, I think things just opened up. The whole my encounter that were in the world's supposed to end. It was really just that that one level of the cycle for the minds was changing and shifting. So there was those all these shifts you see in different cultures. But yeah, last twenty twenty five years, I think I've seen more people being able to talk about it. And really in the last decade, oh my gosh, when all the ghost shows started, right and now people go to school they're talking about I mean, I know people that are getting their dissertations and master's degree doing stuff unhaunted stuff. You know, we had pockets of that, Like I really wanted.
Speaker 2: To be a.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, can you think of the name of right now, But I wanted to be somebody who actually did research into the paranormal and haunted stuff as a psychologist. Thank you and that word was even out there. Then I was like, I guess it can't be that. I'll just do it on the side. We wore, you know, kind of thing. But now they have schools that are doing that. You can get a degree in that.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 1: I know, huh. I know a wonderful parapsychologist in the UK and it does a great job. But that's expanding. So it's like it's so much more open now and it's because of that we are able to sense things more because now we're given the permission that it's okay to do this and talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just wonderful. It seems that the TV shows, I think, really made a big difference. I think like the X Files and the nineties into the late nineties, and then the reality show started in the two thousands, and then it seems that that's when it became a little bit more acceptable or what ever to have these conversations publicly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, reality shows said hey, you could do this too. These are just regular people doing this and YouTube and everybody wanted to be ghost hunter at that point. And then you see all these conferences now, all these huge paranormal conferences like I mentioned Michigan Para Con in August. I'll be at and that's a huge paranormal probably one of the largest ones in the world and definitely in the United States. And you know, four thousand whatever plus people be going through those doors. It's pretty huge. And you know, it's okay, and all we're doing there is talking about all facets of the paranormal. It's really exciting, you know, and you can do that. Now, you can do that. It's it's so liberating to be honest with you. It feels great.
Speaker 2: Final question. Okay, here's one more listener question, and I like this one from Roxy who writes is it Safe to Play Alone?
Speaker 1: I like that question too, because you know, as I was growing up, I always used it with somebody. And I'll tell you why, because the back of the box said, you know, sit across leg it or sit across from a partner, preferably male female. Okay, so I thought I had to do I hear I do it with another a man. So it's always my brother. I always come on, I get over here, I need you. I need you to get here and do this with me. And then I said, well, screw that. He doesn't want to do it, I'm gonna get my girlfriend. So it just you know, I started going beyond what I read on the back of the box, creating my own rituals and stuff around it. But then I never used it alone. And it wasn't because I had any weird superstition about it. It was just that I just enjoyed using it with the person and it worked so well. And so it was thirty nine years of using it by myself before I started trying it by myself. I mean using it with a partner before trying it by myself. It was thirty nine years it took, so then I can use it by myself. So when I wrote one of my books I talked about didn't really I don't really recommend it in the beginning, not because of any weird superstition, just because it's going to be so freaking hard. People say it won't move. I've been using it for a week, or I just go tried it for three hours. It's still not working. I'm gonna tell you if you try it by yourself, it's gonna be so dang difficult. Because now there are the exceptions to the rule always, but it's because it's such a subtle energy, and you're gonna second guess yourself when it starts to move. But if somebody else has their hands on that plant chat and it starts to move, you might go, oh, they're pushing it. But you're gonna follow the movement you see more readily than you would if you're by yourself. So when you're by so it's such a subtle movement, you guys, it's very easy to miss. I mean hard. It's even hard for me. And I can do it by myself, but I prefer not to still prefer a partner, and I just enjoy the camaraderie doing it with somebody. So you can use it by yourself. There's no not safe. It's not like it's not safe or it's fearful or it's bad and not if people say that, don't use it by yourself. It's one of the legendary rules of using the board. You can. You can use it by yourself. But I'm gonna tell you what good luck it's gonna be. It's gonna be pretty hard to do right, it will be well.
Speaker 2: And I'm tempted even to bring up like the whole idio motor conversation, but sure, that's a whole other thing.
Speaker 1: Well, let's just touch on that real quickly. What were you going to say, ros, I think it's really important. We really we really do need to take to take that in considerations. What were you going to say about that?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just I'm curious your take. But I do know a bit about that from you know, pendulums and weija boards of this. I mean, as I understand it, it's you know, your brain is sort of telling your bodies vibrations to move. I don't know. You tell me you're the pro.
Speaker 1: Well, that's it that you said, exactly right. It just basically means that the brain controls your find muscle movement and it coordinates it and without to you, without your no knowledge. So it's like an unconscious movement that automatically starts to happen. Now I'm not against that. By the way, people go, oh, you're against No, I'm not against it. Listen. I can't explain exactly how this works. I can only tell you what the guys have told me. I can only tell you my experiences. But I will say this, I'm not opposed to eating motor because one one here and it was four years I was with a group of friends eighty nine through ninety three. We pretty much exclusively. I mean there was a few times we talked to other beings, but we did an experiment. It lasted about four years. All we wanted to do is talk to our higher self. Now, i'll hire yourself. Is that part of you that's within your body, but it's also beyond your body. But in fact, you're talking to yourself. So you could call it a higher mind, an over soul, your greater self, or even your inner self. But I call it my higher self. It's a psychological term from union psychology. I call it my higher self. So we spoke to our higher self, and people could argue and say that was your either motor pera. I'll take it. Gave me such great advice, such good words of wisdom. In fact, all three of us were like brand new working in our career field. We're all kinds of the therapist teacher kind of thing and working with people, and we just wanted to be the best we could be and eager to get out there and put a mark in the world and do a good job. And it gave us so much wonderful advice. So because of that experiment experience, an experiment we did. I'm not opposed to saying adiomotor could be part of it. I don't know. I'm gonna go with that shootybody down for that. I do feel I will say this, I really do feel like I'm communicating these days with something external to me, and I do know I can communicate with something internal to me too, so I can do both.
Speaker 2: Well, Karen, this has been great. I so appreciate not only your time, but your openness and what you've taught us today. So thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you're so welcome. You're your great host, and it's great talking with you because you ask all the questions and you make it into a dialogue and I enjoy sharing with your audience here you guys, thank you so much for joining us and asking your wonderful questions and being a part of the show.
Speaker 2: But thank you.
Speaker 1: Roser's absolute joy for me.
Speaker 2: Great. Well, I want everyone to, you know, follow everything you got going on, So can you tell them where to get your books and everything that you wi everything you do?
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you for this opportunities. Yeah, so easy way is go to Karen A Dollman d A. H L M A N Karen A Dahmen, and you'll see everything I've got going on there, events that are coming up, past shows I've done. It'll talk talk about some of the gigs I'm doing this year since we've opened back up, and I've got a few lectures I do and traveling for those, and then my books are all listed there, and I also sew the books on Amazon if it's easier that way. You can get it on Amazon around the world. And if you buy a book and you come out and meet me somewhere, I'll be happy to sign it. I do sell books at my events as well. Join my YouTube channel. You can access all of that at my website or you just find me at Karen A Dolman anywhere on social media, and then of course YouTube YouTube. I have like two hundred plus more than that videos all about this really cool Weja tool and also how to access the Unseen Dimensions with myself and my guest. And again, this is what a joy this has been. Raw's fabulous. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Of course, where are you based out of.
Speaker 1: I live in Scottsdale, Arizona. I was in southern cal I moved here recently and now I'm living in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Speaker 2: Are there UFOs there?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, dude, really, but let me tell you this, there everywhere, and I have night vision goggles so I am able to go out and see all kinds of weird lights. So you know, I guess say one more thing real quickly. People say, well, you've got to go to a haunted place, so you got to go where the hotbed of activity is. I've got to say, no spirits, non local, so you could be anywhere and talk and tap into spirits. So anyway, just want to fill it out there. We never got to that O.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to Karen A. Dolman. If you want to hear a little bit more, go to patreon dot com slash rosdres Falas. On my second tier, you can hear her talking about what it's like when animals come through on a wija board, and you can watch that video of me on my first tier talking about my favorite horror movies this summer. I thought it was so cool to have Karen on this show. You know, there's like just so much stigma about wija boards, and of course, like with all episodes of this show, I like to give, you know, different insights and ideas and opinions, and maybe it'll change yours about wija boards. It makes me a little bit less scared. You know, it's it's one person's experience and insight. But she's done it for a long time. I can only imagine she has used a wija board thousands of times, and she doesn't seem to have much negative to say about it. So I find that kind of inspiring. Will I play with a wija board? I don't know if I'm there yet, but this conversation makes me not as scared. Thank you guys for tuning in. Please rate the show five stars on Apple Podcasts, and if you have a ghost story to share, you can put it in a five star review on Apple Podcasts. You could also email it to me at ghosted by ras at gmail dot com, or you can put it in our Facebook group ghosted by rosdres Fales. And of course I want to do listener episodes all the time, so if you have a ghost story that you want to share on the show, you could email me at ghosted by rosigmail dot com with the subject line listener episode. I'm also on cameo at Rozdresfales. I'm on Instagram at roz Hernandez and make sure you are subscribed because I have recorded some of our upcoming episodes and they are juicy. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Hey bye.
Speaker 1: Stars a podcast network