Speaker 1: How was it with Pat Man? Did you haven't You haven't any experiences with Pat? Because I take my first two years and people noticed I didn't speak to Pat my first thing. I ain't never been afraid of no man, intimidated by no man. But I ain't even know how to deal with Pat my first two years past that god fathership was real. He did carry itself. He got that aura he does. I ain't. That's differently, We've been around a bunch of street motherfuckers. We ain't never really been around no mobs like that shit really carried. Yeah, that shit carried Wait.
Speaker 2: It does, man. Pat was tough man. Pat was all that in the bag of chips. Two things. I got called up to the office when I wasn't playing. Pat you know kind of you know, put down on me a little bit. But he also gave me. He built me up as well. He gave me a book, John Maxwell book on leaderships, and so like you know, it wasn't that he was just you know, coming down with an iron fist. It was that he was gonna give me the tools to be able to be successful as well. So I always appreciate that. And then he sat us all down and you remember when he was like, Chack, I ain't no chicken.
Speaker 3: Shit shit, like is this nigga? Is he? The job was like, what the fuck is going? All right now? No chicken ship?
Speaker 2: Mother like man, but Pat staying on business at all times, man. And he's so cerebral, he's so smart. He can he can just pick up and sense things. And so yeah, man, just being around Pat. You know, some people you learn from directly, some people you learn from just by observing them.
Speaker 3: That's one of those guys. And Shack Man, Shack, big fellow.
Speaker 2: I told the story when Shaq called me the thousand there and you were like a man, big fellow.
Speaker 1: Man, he we ain't made nobody like that like that ship. I was like, damn, big dog, I remember that. Why did he call you a thousand? He was like a thousand?
Speaker 3: Man? You know what shock came? It was about man.
Speaker 2: You know, Shaq used to have on some bullshit sometimes, so he had on a big, big gass outfit, some Donald planners and ship like that.
Speaker 3: So I'm looking, you know, because you know, you know how it used to be U D. I'm looking for that ship, right, big fellow, you're coming in there? Did he look in the.
Speaker 2: Mirror for you addressing the so you know, I had something to say, and Shaq just didn't want to hear that ship.
Speaker 4: I can't take this ship no more. Sick of this ship. Shut the fuck up, you fucking thousand there. You know what I'm like, You know what, big fella, you got it. I ain't like you. You know what you got that?
Speaker 3: You got that.
Speaker 1: It took a little while for me to understand what he was calling us. I said, Okay, this motherfucker me. We don't make millionships, we in the thousands.
Speaker 3: I was on the minimum that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't like that. I ain't been feeling I don't like that ship, ain't made no money yet.
Speaker 3: Don't do us like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but but you know what, you know, that's one part of the story. Like I don't want it to be like it was negative with because like every day was a breath of fresh air playing with him. You know what I'm saying, you got more exposure. Shaq was mean and tough and he wanted to win. And so I just remember, like you know, having Team Dinners before the playoffs, Shaq bringing out his rings and letting all us, you know, see his rings, Jamie Fox had came in and all these different things. You know, Shot would throw a party and every city. You know, Shaq would take his glasses off sometimes and take these ulches like he you know, he would invite us over to his crib and things like that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: So Shaq Man playing with him made life better. It made life bigger. And you know, like sometimes you know we're gonna go back and forth, and you know sometimes you know you're gonna have to get your pride wounded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got me that day.
Speaker 1: Listen would have been to stand as great as a player as he was. And we always talk about his greatness as a basketball player. I don't know if we talk about Shaq's leadership as much. Oh yeah, And I think people don't really give him credit for being a leader because they think that he didn't work hard or whatever. He was so naturally gifted, but Shaq that the confidence that Shaq would infuse in his teammates in his locker room. You know what I'm saying, a young undrafted kid like myself.
Speaker 3: Knock his eyeballs out. Shoot it.
Speaker 1: If you pass up a shot, he on your ass, like Huggie, shoot it every time. D Wade He gave d Way the name Flash, the confidence to step into that role, to be flashed. I saw d Way talk about that the other day. Like he told me, he called me Flash every time I stepped on the court. I had to play that role. I had to go into character to be in Flash Shack. So people don't understand what Shaq. If the big fellow give you the pass and say I believe in you, yeah, they don't know how that far that shit could take you.
Speaker 2: It meant a lot. Man, and Shaq loved his teammates. Yes, he cared for us. He was concerned about us. You know, he knew about us, Like he wasn't an elitist. Yes, as far as the way that he interact with his teammates, like we went to his house, he's gonna show you that shit. He's gonna inspire you. You know, he'll come through, he'll pull up on you. So you know, big shout out the big fella man, big fella, Our lives are better because you were in it.
Speaker 3: That's for sure.
Speaker 1: You had the opportunity to play with another big fellow.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: You go to the magic Yeah, young d White, Yeah, you don't talk about that because that shit that was intimidate. Yeah, boy, that shit was intimidating early. And you that ship, well you know you got you know, you gotta be ready. Yeah, dunkey twenty five rebounds. You don't break the goddamn rim.
Speaker 3: Like you know what I'm saying. D White wanted it, man, he was. He was man.
Speaker 2: Dwhite was so talented and so athletic. I don't think people know how like fast and athletic and how much agility that the White had. I don't think people understood the kind of skill set that he had and the mobility that he that he really had. But he was young, he was he was definitely young, talented, he was hungry. He wanted it. Very very very funny, big personality, you know what I mean, Like super charismatic, you know what I mean, and full of foolishness all at the same time. So Dwhite was a lot of fun to play with, and him and Jamir with just oh man, they were.
Speaker 3: So much fun. Man, my days.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed all my NBA experiences, but man, that time in Orlando was pretty special. Man.
Speaker 3: It was some really good people there.
Speaker 2: And then we got Staying Band to come over and he like, you know, tape, shoot arounds, knee.
Speaker 3: Pads, all that.
Speaker 2: But like we developed under him, and so that was one of the places that when I didn't re sign there, Man, it really did hurt me, you know what I mean, because I just couldn't understand like them, like like like I want to be here, you know. So, but it's a part of the game. It's a part of the business. But yeah, big shout out to the white man because Thunder is doing this thing and always has done this.
Speaker 1: Thing, and you had the chance to play with Shaq and the White shack Dwhite think they're gonna big. So think they're shack and the White gonna clean it up. Man, they're gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean I think they should be at some point. I don't think they need to run the fade. I don't think they I just think they they're similar. So sometimes when you have similar energy, you know what I mean, it's.
Speaker 1: Not it's don't both dominant guys.
Speaker 3: They're both big personality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think you know it's a sense too though that like you know, Shaq is the O G Yes, you know what I mean. And at the end of the day, you know what I mean, Like you have to humble yourselves if you want to get certain access and certain respect from the people who.
Speaker 3: Paved the way, the way that.
Speaker 2: He paid hummage to, you know, Wilt Chamberlain and people like that. He paid homage to those guys, you know. So I just think that like maybe the White gut to try new tactic with Shaq, Yeah, and you know, just come off a little bit more humble, because I still think there's an opportunity, you know, for them to you know, like we're losing the American big man.
Speaker 3: It's like the last of the damn breed.
Speaker 2: So imagine you know, them getting getting together and working with you know, American centers and things like that. I just think it's an opportunity for them to reconcile and figure that shit out.
Speaker 5: Spring cleaning isn't just for finally tossing that fedorra you swore would make a comeback. It's for hitting reset on your grooming routine. Manscapes, beard and bulls bundle had you covered from cheeks to cheeks, Clearing out the overgrowth winter left behind. It's time to weed, whack heads, trim, and make sure the lawn is looking manicured for the season, because nothing says fresh start like a sharp beard and more importantly, a properly landscape. Lawn joint over twelve million man worldwide who trusts Manscape and use code ogs for twenty percent off plus free shipping at manscape dot com.
Speaker 3: The lawnmower five.
Speaker 5: Point zero ultras dual played system with interchangeable foil and trimmer blades keeps things fresh and smooth, even in the most sensitive spots. Skin safe technology designed to minimize nix and irritations. These tools are gentle where it matters most. Keep your skin smooth, comfortable, and ready for the season. Don't cut corners on your grooming routine. Upgrade to the Beard and Buss Bundle from Manscape. Visit manscape dot com and use code ogs to get twenty percent off plus free shipping. Or if you need today, you can find Manscape at a store near you. Stay fresh this season for everyone's sake. Level up your grooming game today.
Speaker 1: Who's going big in the NBA this season? You are with all the new ways. Get in on the action with my partner's at Draftkingsportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA Draft Kings is the home of NBA player props, so you can get behind your favorite players any which way, from monster slams to auditioning the rock to cleaning the glass. And here's something special for first timers. New Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get two hundred and bonus best insigant. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app and use codes OG's. The Crown is yours. Stay in on the action and use two hundred dollars in bonus bets on Draft Kings same game paulays for a shot of the even bigger payout. Combine multiple bets together from the same game. Love the thrill of live betting. Draft Kings has got you covered bet live in progress games right as they happen, making watching the game that much more exciting. If sports betting is not available in your state, don't worry about it. You can still join it on all the fun with Draft Kings Pick six and have the shot to win cash prizes. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now. New customers, use my promo code OG's and bet just five dollars on any wager and get two hundred and bonus best instantly. That's promo code. OG's only at Draft Kings Sportsbook