Speaker 1: Kubbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a sol fastion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere you're here. It's the Fifth Hour Me, Ben Maller and Danny g Radio eight days a week. I am such a radio loser. You don't have to be crazy to listen to this podcast. But it does help. It does help unless it doesn't. But Danny, we are back at it again on a Sunday, a foot Ball Sunday, and the question before we get into this podcast. We had our first NFL Sunday last week. Yep, how did we do on the downloads? Did we do? Okay?
Speaker 3: Danny, we did better than okay. I'm hurting myself as I reached back to pat myself on my back. I was able to get the show up two hours before kickoff. Nice.
Speaker 1: So the games kickoff at one o'clock Eastern, So the podcast was up at eleven o'clock eastern, is that right? And my math math is correct?
Speaker 3: Right, so eight o'clock for once, your math is right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm good. I use malor math. Malor math is very rarely wrong because it's malormth. It's always right. If I'm the one doing it, that's the way to go. So yeah, thank you for that, and that's why we're here. If you guys did not download the Sunday podcast, we'd be like, screw that, We'll just go watch football and we're done. We're out of here. But the wheels are turning.
Speaker 3: Thousands of downloads for the first game kicked off, and then I noticed a spike, a huge spike right after the last afternoon game was over for us on the West coast. So as we asked for you to use it as a pre game in a post game, that's exactly what our fifth hour podcast listeners did. So big ups to you. You get golf collaps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how to do that, So thank you all day every day.
Speaker 3: You run across the room, your thighs can do that.
Speaker 1: That was uncalled for it. That's an old take by you. That's an outdated take. That's a bad job.
Speaker 3: That was just a joke I used to use on your live shows.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let's get into it. As Marcel and Brooklyn would say, the Sunday podcast All about Pop goes the culture and the main event the mail bag. But poppity poppity poppety we go, John.
Speaker 4: John, thank you, ohio al And I saw this earlier.
Speaker 1: This is not really a pop culture story, but I did want to mention before we get into the pop culture. Aaron Rodgers has been called out by Batman snobs.
Speaker 3: Danny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Batman fans are upset with Aaron Rodgers. What did Aaron Rodgers do? Did he go into the bat Cave and vandalize the bat Cave? Did he kick Alfred the butler and the nuts? No? No, what he did was he he conflated a couple of Batman quotes. He said after the injury, he said, the night is darkest before the dawn, and I shall rise yet again. And those people that are really in the bat Man and I'm not one of them, like I like Batman, but I'm like the original Batman, the TV show that when Catwoman would pop everyone you know, pop up every once in a while. But yeah, so apparently he's conflating two different quotes from Batman movies.
Speaker 3: You're totally a Michael Keaton Batman fan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one, unless I'm not. Uh. I was like, who's your favorite? Is that like the Bond thing? Who's your favorite Bond? James Bond? And who's your fan? Yeah? I was a Christopher Reeve Batman or Superman? That was my Superman Batman.
Speaker 3: I think Christian I think Christian Bale has been the best Batman.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the quotes for those that are into Batman you probably know. But the the quote he used Rogers, part of it was from The Dark Knight and the second one was from The Dark Knight Rises. And so are you not allowed to do that? Is that illegal? Is Bruce Wayne going to come down and kick you or punch you or I don't know, you're no longer the Cape Crusader, I guess anyway, Well, here's a big problem, Danny America America America. We are facing supply chain shortages on what laxatives? WHOA yeah, yeah, you know why. We are likely facing supply chain issues because of the shortage of laxatives.
Speaker 3: Because so many Americans are full of shit.
Speaker 1: Well that is true, but you know it's also full of shit TikTok. How many people are actually on TikTok?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not on it, but apparently a lot of people are. I guess, I don't know. The media seems to think that's the case. So TikTok. There's a challenge on there, and one of them does involve laxatives. Yeah, this is a weight loss strategy. And they're claiming that because so many people love the TikTok and they apparently want to shit themselves to lose weight, they're buying up the laxatives. And let me give you the details on it's the Wall Street Journal. They had a report chronicling the national shortage of laxatives, one in particular, the generic name which I'm not going to even try to pronounce, and they were like, well, there's multiple factors and all that stuff, But there's a TikTok realm known as gut talk, and supposedly they health and wellness influences with no formal medical training as far as we know, have been encouraging the mindless, brainless stooges who follow everything they say that they must incorporate laxatives into their diet and this is going to cause you to lose a lot of weight. And uh yeah, so it's not perfect though, right. You take laxatives and you can be dehydrated, you lose electrolytes, and you might have a poopy time when you least expect it. So anyway, that's the you have.
Speaker 3: To be leading a loser life because you'd have to be standing near a bathroom at all times. How could you go into a job like that?
Speaker 1: It is, It's a crappy, crappy deal, Daddy. I don't know what. I don't know what to tell you. I don't know what you do. But there's other ways to lose weight. You don't have to do that. But god, man, does it actually work? Though you think it actually works, you probably would because I sold back in the nineties, I sold a product called body Shaper.
Speaker 3: Oh, I sold body Solutions.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what it became. They changed their name from body Shaper to Body Solutions because of some lawsuits.
Speaker 3: That sounds about right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nineteen nineties radio advertisers.
Speaker 3: Just take one teaspoon of this before bed. You don't have to work out. You don't have to do anything. It works in your body overnight as you sleep.
Speaker 1: That's right, yes, take it. Yeah, stop eating three hours before bed this And one of my bosses he heard me do the commercials and he'd come in he said, you're still selling that shit begone, Benny, Yeah, you're still selling that, you know. I was like, yeah, I didn't sell it. You're the ones that sold it. I'm doing the commercial copy on the air. But yeah, they were everywhere. They're the biggest advertiser in radio in the late nineties everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously you and I read the exact same live copy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I remember those bullet points. I read that thing. Man, oh god, And there are so many stories that came from those commercial reads back in the day. But anyway, so that was the plant. Back then. They were like, the whole concept was don't eat. Well, then I figured out that if you don't eat three hours before bet, just that alone will help you lose some weight, and then the whole you know, this thing will make your bowels explode. That also obviously helped. So anyway, the laxative shortage, possibly because of TikTok, but who the hell, who the hell know? Well, here's here's a fun story from the airlines. Now was it last week we had the vomit comment, the diarrhea, die die diarrhea on the Delta Airlines flight from Atlanta, Yeah to Europe?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, now we had another story this week involving airline passengers up in arms demanding a refund wide. Did someone poop right there in the plane? No? No, no, no no no. It turns out that the cabin on the plane stunk the high Heaven. According to a couple from New Zealand, the flight was ruined because of an anxious dog that kept farting.
Speaker 3: The thirteen hours of farting.
Speaker 1: That is a lot of gas. That is tremendous, tremendous. They did not turn back like the had the the poop and the diarrhea and all that.
Speaker 3: Even Baby CoA was impressed by this story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's a lot of gas. Maybe maybe the dog. What kind of dog was it? Do we know what kind of dog it was? Was it a ship too? I dare you it's not a shit. We need to take a shot at Bell. Although Bellet does stink. Bellet does stink, and it might put Bell on a plane. The airline would have to give out gift vouchers and things like that and whatnot. So, man, that is that is wid And did the owner of the dog have any problem with it or like, hey, well this is what we gotta do. We gotta do what we gotta do. Yeah, well here's a story that I thought already existed back years ago, but apparently it did not when I was a kid. And when you thought of Columbia, what did you think of Danny when you thought of Columbia.
Speaker 3: Drugs?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cocaine, right, Colombian cocaine.
Speaker 3: Cocaine and coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, coffee. Also, that's true. Well, according to people over at Bloomberg, economic estimates from Bloomberg claim that cocaine is going to overtake oil and officially become Columbia's main export.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought it already was, but they say cocaine's going to overtake oil possibly later this year.
Speaker 3: I thought cocaine was illegal, not everywhere.
Speaker 1: Well, I know in the Hollywood Hills you can do it, and I get that, and parts of Beverly Hills where we are in La here. But yeah, there you go, wherever.
Speaker 3: There's hookers, it's legal. A bunch of hookers and cocaine.
Speaker 1: Hookers and cocaine the way of the world. Well, that's exciting the kids getting the cocaine business. That's the way, the way to do it. Well, I've met a lot of stories in the last couple of years about homeless people and people down on their luck and all that. Well, how about this one. The police in Denver, Danny investigating what they're calling a pop up bar for the homeless. This is this is great. I love the ingenuity. I absolutely love it. Yeah, Colorado, Denver police say they're investigating what appears to be an open air pop up bar for the local homeless encampment on the north end of downtown Denver. And I'm looking at this and the photo is pretty crazy. It's got there's a tent, there's a couple of tents. Somebody's got like a nice looks like a leather chair with wood on the side. And then there's a bunch of alcohol right there on like a dresser, like a kind of a medium sized dresser. And they're like, yeah, they're hearing that there was an open air bar sales of alcohol. But here's the problem. It's a great business idea because homeless people love to drink, that's why they're homeless, But how can they afford to actually pay for the drinks? It says the cammic feature displays of liquor bottles. I did, I'm looking right here. It's got the lounge chair. They got some Jim Beam there, Maker's Mark Malibu. Of course, rum you gotta have that.
Speaker 3: Maybe the bar takes medicare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, that's wonderful. That's the ingenuity on that. I was like, yeah, you know, hey, go where they go, where the customer is. Isn't that one of the slogans in business, You got to go where the customers are. And if I'm selling alcohol, that's the place to go. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wick is meant for milk, not for whiskey on the rocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is nice we do when pop goes? The culture will do a few more. We got to get to the mail bag.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: Let's see here, page NN. Are these these dating stories are as good? We're both married men. But a pole has uncovered A survey has uncovered the biggest dating red flags for gen Z and millennial women, and they include listening to the Joe Rogan podcast is seen as a bigger red flag than somebody that's like gun obsessed. According to the young women who are out in the dating.
Speaker 3: World, what if you listen to that podcast while you clean a.
Speaker 1: Gun, Now, that's then their heads would explode, Danny like a melon being dropped off the top.
Speaker 3: Of a building.
Speaker 1: That would be that would be next level if that happened. And now the Joe Rogan thing is it the women are not like in the UFC because he does a lot of UFC podcasts. While he does a ton of podcasts, but and he's making a hundred million or whatever, so he should do a lot of podcasts. But Rogan, I've heard him a few times over the years, like he does a lot of like comedians and but it's a lot of m m A stuff too. Are they offended by the mm A stuff? Like Rogan doesn't seem like he's that out on the edge. To me, he's he's got strong opinions. But I don't know he said he's I think he said he's a Democrat.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know his politicans.
Speaker 3: Well, i'd be knocking all kinds of gen z boots because I'm not sure why. But I've never listened to one Joe Rogan podcast in my life, not intentional, but just he's never really interested in me all that much.
Speaker 1: Well, I first learned of him when he was doing news radio, remember that, and then I think it was the nineties news radio.
Speaker 3: He was right. I liked him on Fair Factor.
Speaker 1: I remember Fear Factor.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a buddy of my one of my friends is like a stand up comedian. He's like, not a good one, not a good but he's a stand up comedy so he knows the La comedy scene. And it is so funny because I Joe Rogan's name came him up, and you know, maybe the guy was just being a dick because he didn't make it in comedy. But he said. Rogan was terrible when he was doing stand up comedy, like horrible, and now he sells out arenas and stuff. Is it because he's good? I've never really heard him do stand up comedy. Is it because he's good or is it because he's famous? Or is it both?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe it's a little bit of both.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But my friend and I didn't see Rogan when he did stand up comedy back in the old days. But my friend swears that he was dreadful at stand up comedy. So there's all kinds of numbers from this study.
Speaker 3: If you want to is he a good interviewer? Ben? Like? Why why did his podcasting take off the way it did well?
Speaker 1: He's got big names now, he's got big names because he's like he's established. But I mean, it's fine. It doesn't seem much different than any other interview It's not like he's the greatest interviewer of all time. He's fine. It's pretty late back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just got in there early and made a name for himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I mean I don't listen all the time, but I've heard it's fine. Some of them I like. And you know, I don't try not to listen too much anything because I don't want to take other people's material. Let's get to the mail bag. What do you say you want to get to the mail bag?
Speaker 3: Let's go because this is not stealing from ask Ben.
Speaker 1: Now, this is original audio content that you can only find on this particular podcast. It's right to the mail bag. Thank you, Ohio, al Alf says Agent to the Stars, Ben. Ever since your debut on Benny Versus the Penny, this season, the Buzz around Tinseltown. Is that you're you rating is through the roof? Is there any truth to the rumor that Steve Harvey's production company is eyeing you to be the next big game show host in prime time? Well, alf I am not allowed to comment on that because of some legal papers, so I'll just let that kind of float out.
Speaker 3: Next question, Well, Steve Harvey still doesn't know who you are.
Speaker 1: He absolutely knows who I am. He loved the Malamobile. He said, look at that car. That's a good looking car. He liked the car. That was the blue Malamobile, which is not really more than just a round town car at this point. Next up is the real Neil, the real deal Neil who used to live in Miami, but now he moved. He's in the Carolinas, if I remember correctly, says Mazotov. Ben on taking it or making it Hollywood's Sports Talk becoming his star. By the way, did you ever mention on how Looney became the choice? Or was your choice or was it the NBC executives a big fan of the Blitz back in the day. On XM radio, he says, I do remember you and Looney were talking like me and my buddies on the couch and that's what resonates today. Allah. And then he says, Joe Rogan, there you go. So not bashing Looney, just wondering the process, if he was the orchestrator of the whole thing or not. And he says, by the way, I'll cough up on your podcast listening while hiking. He says he catches up. I think he said cough up, but I think he might catch up. I would hope. I don't think he's going to cough at every podcast. But he says he'll catch up on the podcast listening while hiking. And then he sent some photos. He said he ran into my doppelganger. That guy does not look like me. If you think I look like that, Neil, then you need to go to the eye doctor. And if I look like that, I need to go to the eye doctor. I don't think I looked like that.
Speaker 3: You send a picture of big bird.
Speaker 1: Man. It's like it's like job of the hut mixed with snuffleophagus. Second, it's like, wait a minute. But as far as the Looney deal, how we make the hot dogs and all that. So I had been talking to NBC people for years about doing it something with them, and nothing ever happened. It was gonna happen, possibly in twenty twenty, and then the whole world went nuts and we had a pandemic and there were all kinds of fires, cities were burning up. It was ridiculous anyway, so it didn't happen then, and then I kind of it was on the back burner and we started putting the show together and they were interested in that, some of the executives NBC. And then they're like, should I do it alone? Well, no, it's Penny versus the pennies, so there's got to be somebody there with the penny. And then we were going over options, and then one of the big executives NBC actually happened to be a fan of The Blitz and liked the shenanigans that I had with Looney, and so thought it would be a pretty good fit because we already know each other, and I've known Looney for a long time. We go back to the nineties.
Speaker 3: Me and Looney.
Speaker 1: We did radio together a long time ago, so anyway, we've known each other a long time. So it just kind of seemed like a something they wanted and anyway, he sent a bunch of other stuff here. He says, Mazel Tov to Danny G for the healthy and handsome king baby g Daddy, And then he asked for the studio. He's gonna send us some hats, Danny, Oh nice. Yeah, he says, they're boxed up, ready to go. So I sent him the address and the way the mail works at Fox Sports Radio. I think we might get that about a month from now right. I don't even know where the mailroom is. They got rid of the mail room, didn't They.
Speaker 3: Got rid of the mail room, so they put our mail down by that white circle table in our breakroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the mail doesn't just go there. It goes somewhere else. I don't know where it goes. There's got to be somewhere the mail goes, and then they filter it down there.
Speaker 3: Anager Adrian brings it down to that white table.
Speaker 1: And most of the male we get is just from Andy Furman. Without Andy Furman, there would be no mail. Andy single handedly gives Fox Sports Radio mail. Without Andy, no mail.
Speaker 3: What you know, the mail room stayed open after COVID because of Andy's mail. Yeah, if there was no Andy Furman mail, that would have been a victim of COVID. They had to keep it open due to his mail.
Speaker 1: And if only Andy had been around when the Pony Express was around, we'd still have the Pony Express because he just would have kept sending things on the Pony Express.
Speaker 3: Anybody thinks you're just being funny. No, there's this cardboard box and it has about I'm gonna guess, fifty envelopes from Andy Furman, dressed to every single one of us at the.
Speaker 1: Network, unopened. All of them are unopened.
Speaker 3: It's newspaper clippings usually inside the envelopes.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's no question. Andy lives in Cincinnati and is a radio legend. And I love Andy. We've had Andy on the podcast. But man, he he should have a stamp named after him. He should, he should. He is the greatest customer for the United States Postal Service. You're gonna have anyway. Now, after all that, Neil says, here's the question for you too, since you too are married social butterfly YouTube married social butterflies in different careers. When you meet other people at parties who have no clue about sports or hate sports, how do you connected conversations? What's your go to do you even mention your fame in sports talk radio? Do the wives see you as famous given your your status? What very kind of you Neil to put us in the status category. Yeah, So if I meet people at parties, my wife does take me to parties. If it was up to me, I would never go to parties, but she does drag meet the party. She even has us host parties. At least once or twice a year, we have a party, so we're we do that. And so when I meet people that don't know about sports, it's always awkward because the questions are, who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl? How are the Lakers going to do this year? Like that kind of stuff. It's the same all the time. It's like and I'm like, well, if I knew who was going to win the Super Bowl, I wouldn't be here. I'd be in a mansion somewhere in Beverly Hills. But I'm I'm not because I don't know, and and that kind of thing. And it's like the normal small talk. Right then, if you meet somebody's like, how's the weather or something like that? You know or did you see he was in the news?
Speaker 3: You must have wedding brackets during March madness.
Speaker 1: Oh that yeah, yeah, that's that's also.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It's interesting because in the grand scheme of things, were radio famous. Which where does that put us in Hollywood?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you where that puss. So if you look at a totem pole, you look at the very top, and then you go down, page down, page down, page down, you go to the very bottom where there's crusted on urine from the dogs urinating. Right there. That is where we fall on the totem pole of fame right there.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Ben, I don't think you used your radio fame the proper way when you were single. Because my chick wanted to win really bad at fantasy football. You know. That was one of the reasons why she got with me. She's like, you're gonna help me with my fantasy lineup. Boom. First year were together, she wins her league. Coincidence, I think, not way to a woman's heart through fantasy football. That's the key. That two hundred dollars prize. I'm pretty sure she's still using that as spending cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, she went to Vegas and she bet that on a ten team parlay and then she won that. Then she bet a twenty team parlay. She won that, So she's rolling.
Speaker 3: In the dough.
Speaker 1: Yep, rolling in the dough. Next up on the mailbag, Jennifer from Virginia rights in our friend Jennifer. She says, I will be moving to Saint Louis pretty soon for the very reason that Danny speculated Mickey De's golden arches. She says, unless that's not true. She says she is moving to Saint Louis to be closer to her oldest son. Ah, that was my guest, and her son lives in Minneapolis. He says, I could not believe he guessed it and that you remembered where he lives. So Jennifer says, instead of being a twenty driving hours away from her son, it will only be eight driving hours. That's far enough. She says that he will not feel suffocated by his mom, but close enough that they can get together. She says she does not like flying. I don't blame you. It's a pain in the ass. You got to get their hours before and have all your private parts looked over by the security and all that, and it's just just great.
Speaker 3: Who famously told us to keep our feet on the ground.
Speaker 1: Oh the great Casey case And every time I do a depth dedication keep your feet on the ground, I keep looking for the stars. And I'm sick and tired of doing a Dead Dog tribute and then going to an upbeat song. I'm tired of it. You know. I get a dying dog and I got to do an upbeat song and I've just had enough of it. That's standing rants anyway, Jennifer, thank you. And you're very nice there to want to get close to your son, but not that close, like you didn't move to Saint Paul. You know you could have done that. I like, well, my son's in Minneapolis. I'll just go a couple miles away over to Saint Paul or go to Duluth and drive down. So you didn't go that crazy, which is good. And you're in You're gonna be in a great part of the country. One of my my good friends lives in Kansas City, Bob, one of my radio buddies, Bob Fesco, And I'm always jealous because Bob on on the weekends, I'll go on these nice trips and he's close to everything. When you're in the middle of the country, like that it's just so easy to travel. I have a buddy of mine in Dallas, and it's just tremendously easier the especially if you live in a hub city. Now Saint Louis is not a hub city. Dallas is, and you can go everywhere if you're if you're into the flying thing, but even driving, you're not that that far away. And then she proceeded say there were other reasons, Danny that she said there are no worthy men in her life right now. She is optimistic that she will find success in the dating game in Saint Louis. And she also says Virginia has become too populated. It's expensive, crowded and and all that.
Speaker 3: So IM good there in Saint Louis.
Speaker 1: Good luck, Jennifer. But make sure whatever man you find does not interfere with your listenership to the show. Otherwise, Daddy G over there, Danny G will have to have a word and we'll have to talk to this whoever this loser to be named is later, all right, Mike, and Fullerton writes in on the Mailbax says high bandon Danny G. I says, I'm happy to report Spectrum and Disney settled there to be well, thank you for that, Mike. Our long national nightmare is over. Now. I don't even know if either of you are on Spectrum, but if you are, would you not have the evil four letter Network for a week be a problem considering your line of works is not having the four letter now? I don't really watch ESPN. I stopped not because I will work at Fox Sports Radio or whatever. I just like a lot of the woke stuff they were and turn me off. And I get everything I need online as far as I used to watch Sports Center because everyone watched Sports Center, but I don't watch I don't watch Sports Center. I watched it in years, And anything I need I can get on online one of my RSS feeds that I have so many of, And so that's that's just not in my house. Not the games would be a problem, but I think we've established any that there were certain ways that you know, we can find games if we have to. There are ways you can watch certain games if need be right through certain channels and all that.
Speaker 3: I actually have Spectrum and ESPN being blocked only bothered me for a couple of college football games that I wanted to just look in on and check the score on ABC seven, which is also part of Disney. That bothered me, Ben, because how am I supposed to miss Cruel Summer Rookie Austin nine, San Diego nine one one, Charlotte nine one one. It ruined my couple of weeks that they were feuding.
Speaker 1: Well, you really buried the lead on this because it's Channel seven's Rob Fukuzaki, that is the reason. And Rob, of course a very friendly gentleman. We love Rob Fukuzaki, the news guy, the sports guy at Channel seven, and he's he's a fan of.
Speaker 3: The radio, Danny.
Speaker 1: He listens to the Raby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he would rant against you when you and I would get into Laker arguments. He would tweet at you saying you are a loser, and he always sided with me and the crew.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you're misremembering, Rob misremembering and no, Rob was great and they at one point, Danny, when you were on the show, Danny, we had every major Los Angeles TV sports anchor that would listen to our show on the way home because they do the eleven o'clock news and then they'd get in the car from you know, they get out of there at eleven thirty and they'd have a half hour drive or whatever. So they listened to From to the show from eleven thirty to midnight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember that. That was very cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then everyone started working from home and they stopped listening. I don't know if they ever came back. I have no idea. I have no idea, Gary Wrightson, He says, I know your opinion on ranch dressing the Devil's blood, but where do you stand on creamy Italian dressing? Is it okay or is it the devil's plasma. If not, and you want a tasty ranch or tasty dressing for the one salad you eat a year, the Kroger brand of creamy Italian dressing is awesome. He says. This is not a paid endorsement, so I am not an Italian dressing guy. The only salad dressing I really like, well, there's two of them. I like a thousand Island dressing. Well. I also like, uh, it's Ken's honey mustard, which I is like a it's so good. It's a dipping sauce for chicken. But there's a honey mustard like based barbecue. Saw it's not barbecue, it's it's like a salad dressing. Supposedly it's pretty good, but that's about I like the regular Italian dressing. Like the regular Italian dressing, like the wishbone. That's your go to.
Speaker 3: Pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you a creamy guy? What that sounds dirty? All right? Uh? Hillbilly Mike right sin says, I'm running a little behind on your fifth hour podcast. But y'all, he'll but you know he's a hillbilly because he said, y'all. He said, y'all talked about some woman being a monet or a block or more. He said, I'm over here, Yeah, monee is something that looks really good from a distance, and then we get closer, like holy crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then I explained to you a blocker more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said a blocker more. Now, hillbilly Mike says, I'm over here in Virginia, and here in Virginia we say that a woman is a butterface. Everything is hot. Butterface is what this. I've heard that one before. I've heard the butterface. Heard that in the fifth grade. Yeah, yeah, that was good. Uh, five head, I've heard that people. You know, the hairlines receding. I think at this point I'm like a ten head. But that's that's a different conversation. Next up on the mail by thank you for Billy Mike. You'll hear this in about a month when you catch up on the podcast A new how do you Do? From Sarasota Rights in formally a new from Owensboro, and it says, are you afraid that with the new TV gig you'll become too commercial for your listening?
Speaker 3: Audience?
Speaker 1: Told Stool, my dream is to be a sellout. In my dream is for you all to hate me. And I said, y'all because I want to make Hillbilly Mike happy, and our guy from yesterday's podcast and in Alabama as well happy, splendid daddy in lead A much.
Speaker 3: Money, Ben, would it take for you to forget all of us little people?
Speaker 1: So if I could have like Colin Cowhard's second vacation home, I think I'd be good. I think that's that's all I need. No listen, I always would you want to be part of the radios, we said, But here's the thing of new And I pointed this out and hopefully this comes across on the TV show. The people at NBC and I thank them very much because I was a little concerned. You get into television, it's more of a buttoned up situation. There's not a lot joking around and that whole thing. And they were very straightforward. They were like, hey, we we like you because of the nonsense you do on the radio. So I've tried to continue that, even though there's this big, giant TV camera with a bright light on it and a teleprompter, which, by the way, Loony uses. You know Looney uses the teleprompter. Did you know that he does? Yeah, I don't. I have no teleprompter. Just let it rip, just let it go. Now, I have a bunch of notes in front of me, but I have to like memorize the notes because I can't look at the notes because I got to look at the camp So it's big.
Speaker 3: Oh. Plus, you have to be yourself and that includes being a clown, and clowns don't read teleprompters xactly exactly.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm not too worried about that. But if that does happen, that's great. That means I'm filthy rich and that would be wonderful. Cliff from Nashville and Nikos writes since says essentially the same question cliffs. He says, I'm in Nashville. I've always watched Benny Versus the Penny. I can't seem to find it.
Speaker 3: Help.
Speaker 1: And then Niko says, where can I find Benny Versus the Penny broadcast? And is it free? And he's one of our Canadian listeners. So yeah, you guys have asked me a lot of questions about this, and there's no good, cheap solution, and that's a problem. I am not as powerful as I am Danny. I am not in charge of distribution of Benny Versus the Penny. I'm not Terry and England reached out. He wanted to watch the show, and unfortunately, even though the show originally was going to be on on the streaming service for NBC Peacock, there were some things that came up out of my pay grade. You know, when you're involving gambling shows and things like that, there's certain regulations. I don't know all the inner workings, but for whatever reason they decided not to put it on. Maybe they'll change their mind down the line. And I certainly every time I talk to the executives, I will say, hey, listen, there's people that want to on the Peacock thing. The only way I know, if you don't have an NBC affiliate in your your town, the only way you can watch it, I think is on Fubo TV. And that's a that's a pay streaming service. I don't think is that cheap. I think it's kind of pricey. I don't know. I don't have it, so I'm not sure how much it costs. But they have all the NBC sports channels on there, and I think they have like a free trial. So if you're really cheap, you know, you could just sign up for the free trial and then.
Speaker 3: Here's a Ben mallor Rob Parker move, get the chat, get the free trial of Fubu and uh is it? How's it Fubo? I think it's Fubo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's yeah.
Speaker 3: Trial of Fubo and then watch one episode. Maybe you'll get even a second episode of Ben before the trial runs out, and then cancel it the day before they charge your card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then just switch to your friend's email address and then you can watch the entire season. But no, you should, you know, if you have the money he needed to pay for it. But also Direct TV. It's on DirecTV on a bunch of channels on there, and so unfortunately I wish there was a streaming option. Trust me, I here where I am, I am. Almost everything we watch is on the stream, so I've had to get certain back channels from NBC to watch the show myself. So that's an issue that I have. J Bone from Portland main Wrights and says, hey, Benny, Danny g Every now and then, during an hour or two, Eddie cannot be heard. You can hear you ask him something. Then there's this pause of silence when Eddie is responding. Are you big timing him? Free?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I think it's the opposite of jabone. Eddie is big timing me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I answer this question.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: He is your board operator messing up. When the podcast is being fed to the producer's computer, a certain button has to be pressed on the control board. If that button's not pressed, you do not hear the update anchor's microphone. And so what happens is sometimes that button is off, it doesn't feed to the podcast. The producer hopefully is paying attention, sees a gap and says, holy crap, somebody's mic isn't feeding to the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless they don't. Yeah, I'm unaware that. I guess that makes sense. There are times though that sometimes Eddie's doing something else and he's not paying attention and I'll talk to him and he doesn't talk back. But yeah, I get that makes more sense what you're saying there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it happens from time to time. Now in the daytime, there's backup because that little office where Big MIC's they are running on the show and it's recording everything. And so whenever John Ramos accidentally has that button off, I have to walk down the hallway and tell Big Mike, hey, I need that segment because John Ramos didn't have you know, Dan Byer's microphone on for my podcast, and so I'm able to fix that for my podcast. But when your show is on, your last line of defense is Coop and your board operator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's quite the defense. That is that is quite the defense. Thank you, Jay Bone Murray in Saskatoon. You know this podcast is big because Murray and Saskatoon still listens to the podcast and that's a big deal. Just love saying Saskatoon.
Speaker 3: That's a good word.
Speaker 1: It's a good Canadian town. Have you ever considered having gag on back on the podcast. He says he's asking for a friend. Well, we'd have Gagon as a guest. Gagon's moved on from the podcast. He lives in Miami now, he don't live in La anymore. So he's a Floridian. He's a Florida man, and I think, Danny you agree. He was always a Florida man, but now he's really a Florida man, and he's all about that action boss and all that. And yeah, we'd have him on as.
Speaker 3: A what's doing in Miami? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I remember doing some TV stuff. I guess some hot like soccer.
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's probably the last time you spoke to him. I remember him talking about doing soccer play by play. Wasn't sure if that's what he was still doing or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think he's calling Lionel Messi's games though. I don't think that he's doing that. Lionel and him are not best friends. Fred in Spring Texas, we'll do a couple more quickly. Fred in Spring Texas says, Hey, there, with both of you being public people, have you ever had any problems with Overzell's fans or stalkers? Really enjoy the show. There's been some cyber tough guys. I've done a lot of meet and greets. There's only been a couple of creepy people that've showed up to those. Pretty much, everyone's been kind of cool. Plus I'm a pretty intimidating person size wise, so a lot of people who would try to start something usually don't for whatever reason. So been fine. Most people are nice, you know. Most people just want to get through life, like we want to get through life. What about you?
Speaker 3: Danny g in Modesto, Stockton, California. When I was a young nineteen years old, I was doing the overnight shift and there were a lot of how would you say, like rock moms, like lonely rock moms who needed some loving early thirties, mid thirties. They would call lonely divorced rock moms. And you know, and I at nineteen, I wasn't sure how to talk to these women. I was just nice to them, put them on hold, come back after a song, play a song for him, just like a cool but I kept it professional, right, Yeah, But there was one lady where she wanted more man. She she didn't want a phone buddy. She wanted a blank, buddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she wanted the full Monty or the full Danny g.
Speaker 3: Oh, my gosh. Radio station was in an old Bank of America building and there was huge glass windows.
Speaker 1: Did you take her to the vault?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: All right, And we kept the blinds down, especially at night, and it was kind of creepy because you'd hear people out in the parking lot sometimes and you're the only one locked in this big studio. I'm pretty sure it was her, though.
Speaker 2: Ben.
Speaker 3: The station slogan was nobody rocks harder than Rock one oh four. Well, this lady with lipstick wrote on our big window across it, she wrote, nobody f's harder than Danny g.
Speaker 1: Wow. That's quite the endorsement, right, So I thought I was mister cool in the thing.
Speaker 3: And they had a good old time reading the message and laughing and you know, making up their own version of what must have happened for that to be written on the window. Yeah, And the general manager was laughing with the program director and they're like, boy, you sure are popular with the ladies, and he said, but you know what he's like, And I'm laughing with them. I'm thinking, yeah, man, I made it, and He's like, you're going to go clean the window off? No juice? All right, man. Before I left for the morning, he had me go clean the window off. So yeah, he got the last laugh.
Speaker 1: I give you credit, though, Danny, because I have never in my life had a woman ever say that or be write anything in lipstick on anything, so normally I have seen how fast women are when they're running away, that is normally the case. Or they have a headache, you know that kind of thing. Anyway, all right, George and Uvaldi, he had a sporty question. And John from Pendleton, South Carolina, Angelina. There's a few other people, Mike, Steve, all you guys. We ran out of time, but thank you. I know John and Pendleton, South Carolina. Wanted to defend Artie Marino. He said he's not cheap. The man moved the press box near the foul pole because he was upset with the media and he wanted to make a few extra bucks by putting seats where the press box used to be. Anyway, we'll get out, Danny. It's Sunday. We got NFL all day long, a full live radio show. I'll be on tonight on the original Ben Malors Show. And we'll do that all night long from eleven o'clock till three in the morning in the West, that is two am to six am in the East where most people live in the United States. And so we'll be doing it live tonight and you'll be back tomorrow, Danny, Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Covino and Rich kicking off NFL Week two coverage on the show. And we have a fun Monday game called Last One Standing where I actually use a drop of your voice, Ben in that game. Nice whenever there's a winner in around you.
Speaker 1: Hear Last One Standing.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love yeah. Pretty cool Monday show that's five to seven in New York City and on the West Side here in Los Angeles two to four pm in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: And if by chance you happen to be listening to this podcast on the first run early in the morning, there is a chance that Benny Versus the Penny will still be on it. They embargo the show. They had not in bar that's not the right word. They end the TV show once the games kick off at one o'clock Eastern time. But I know last week SNY aired Benny Versus the Penny at like eleven thirty in the morning.
Speaker 3: In New York.
Speaker 1: So if you're up early and you're listening to this and you want to see if you missed Benny Versus the Penny, check it out. We'll say goodbye for now. I get to the radio show tonight, Danny tomorrow, and we will chat with you next time later. Skater Hi, I like the Saints.
Speaker 3: Go Raiders.
Speaker 1: No, No, go Rams Raiders Rams. Just I want my picks to win. Really, that's what I want, Danny.
Speaker 3: I want Jimmy g to score thirty five points on offense.
Speaker 1: I need him to throw for over three hundred yards against the Bills.
Speaker 3: That's what I need. Come on, damn it, do it.