Speaker 1: All right, Dudley's versus sam Man and Dreamer on Thursday. It's all about Dudleyville. I love it so this you and Devon talked about this on Devon's podcast because he was talking about when everybody came back for the ECW One night Stand and we pulled up this is the main event of One night Stand. Oh five. We moved ahead a few minutes in the clip I will drop or the link I'll drop in the description to about the eleven minute mark, because you get the Dudley's entrance, which is cool. I mean, it's cool entrance. You get Dreamer, then you get Sandman. But then as they get in the ring, the BWO comes out and Stevie cuts the promo on the WWE guys that are up in the rafters, and it would tend to be a little long for us to sit there and look at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'll give you a little bit of a backstory before we start watching. So you know, I get the phone call to come to this thing. It's Dreamer and he says, you know, we're doing an ECW pay per view, and I go, ah, okay, and he says, you know, we want you to be a part of it, okay. And he says, do you have a problem work on Bulau? And I said absolutely not, and he goes, I knew you wouldn't, and I said, oh, I would love to. He says, okay, and doesn't really tell me much, and you know, just tells me the date at the time, want to be there, blah blah blah, okay, tells me my pay. Great, I'll be there. And I get there, and you know, it's a schmas like there's one hundred people involved in the match, and I just say, what am I doing? And I don't remember if it was Dreamer or Bubba, because I think Bubba was kind of an agent in this whole thing too. And my spot is very small and very simple, and I got it, and I go and I leave. I never once listen to any of the match what they were doing. I knew what I had to do. I knew as how long I had to be out there for. I said, I'm not going to stand here for probably an hour because everybody's got to get their shit in there, and everybody's talking about what they need to talking about. I never heard a word, never heard a word. So I'm so fast forward everybody's down there, and I'm at the curtain and I'm watching. I don't know who the agent was, and they're going, go Francine, and I go, no, not the spot, Go Francine. I said, it's too early, it's not the spot, and they're looking at me. Maybe this is why I didn't last very long. I nail's the spot. I opened the current and I run down. I would have been so early. If I would have listened and I was one hundred percent correct, I would have got in there and they would have even had them hooked. But I can't remember who was telling me to go, and I'm like, no, not yet, not yet. I'm telling the agents like, shut shut up, I got it, you know. But it was there were so many cooks in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great analogy.
Speaker 2: And I also remember Buba saying you better bump for her, and I go, why wouldn't I of course, I'm going to well and he goes, okay, okay, I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: What well, we'll get to when you pop in, and I really.
Speaker 2: Before you know, before, everything's going.
Speaker 1: On, and yeah, that's what I'm curious, because it's a lot of a lot of movement, And I mean that's kind of typical for eac W. You know, it's kind of you always had a lot of run ins and a lot of you know, calamity. But this was like before the even the bell rang. And as we see as we pick it.
Speaker 2: Up, well, I also think that they wanted to give everybody an opportunity to work and to be a part of it. And you know if maybe if we didn't include all these people, then they would to have had a spot on the show. So that could be a factor as well, because this was just like hey, everybody, let's have forty two people.
Speaker 1: But now, so the night before you work the other reunion, the Shane reuni.
Speaker 2: I worked Shane's on a Friday.
Speaker 1: Oh it was Friday, Okay, So it's Friday and this was Funday Okay. So yeah, that was that was the big thing. Who was going to be on which show Friday and the Sunday. But for the most part, so you had seen a lot of those other guys Friday, Now we got the WWE crew that you probably hadn't seen in forever, right when you roll up for the first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, there were some people that were on Shane Show, and I k faved everyone because I was supposed to be a surprise didn't tell anyone, and I remember Gary saying, I thought you said you weren't coming.
Speaker 1: I learned.
Speaker 2: It's not that I didn't trust them. I just didn't want it to slip and then have the office say, see, she opened her mouth, so I took my mouth, shied, and so I saw. I saw handful. But there were so many of the boys that I didn't see, like, you know, because they were under contract with WWE. So it was kind of like you got half on one show and then half on the other, and then a couple of us got to do both, which was cool. I remember when I was there on Friday at Chaine show, somebody said that the WWE truck.
Speaker 1: Drove by, and I was like, license plates.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they were checking on the house seeing who was outside, or if they were just you know, bringing stuff up to New York because they had to drive. But did they have to drive past the ECW arena to do it.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a weird stop.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know if it was even true. I was just like, oh, that's cool, you know, but yeah, you have to remember too doing Shane show. I wasn't speaking to Shane, right, so that's a whole nother thing there. And we spoke on the phone before I actually showed up. But I mean, so, my nerves were bad Friday, My nerves were bad Sunday. I had like this whole weekend of anxiety. But I got paid really good, so it was a really good payday weekend for me. So I said, I'm doing both. I don't care. I'm just gonna go in and keep my mouth shut and do my work, take my check, and get the hell out of here.
Speaker 1: Saturday must have been a hell of a day for you then, because you're through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just sitting around, you know.
Speaker 1: Now, Is there any chance that they might have told Shane it was a WWF truck or w E truck just to make him a little more paranoid before I just remember.
Speaker 2: It was going around the arena like w w F truck or w w trunck just drew but whatever it was. Back then, are they checking or are they just taking their stuff up to New York? Like I don't know it.
Speaker 1: They got to get off just a cod couple of blocks, all right. Why don't you hit play. We're at the eleven minute mark. Okay, three three two one? Oh, all right, so what do you got there? You got uh, I got Stevie. Stevie's talking. Yeah, this is the tail end of Stevie talking. This is what I'm saying, like they literally they had the whole Now that the spoiler alert, which Francine already had heard, was that this was in Spanish. The commentary okay, so the whole commentary in Spanish, right, is talking over the entrances at the beginning of this, which are the Dudley's Tommy Dreamer and then the piped in WWE version of Enter Sandman.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm trying to turn it down so I can hear you as well. So now cash.
Speaker 1: Kid Cash randomly hits the ring up out of nowhere and then yet and then jumps from the road.
Speaker 2: It did nothing. What was that?
Speaker 1: And his music hit?
Speaker 2: That's weird? All right? So we have balls and axel. Now, God rest their souls. This is gonna hurt. I love that. I love that chair.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now this was another way. It was an interesting thing. The match hasn't started yet, and now you're just getting music playing in full entrances of other guys getting on the show.
Speaker 2: And I was told by Devon the other day that Vince loved balls. Mahoney.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I did not know that either.
Speaker 2: I really wish he didn't get pinched for the drugs that he had in his urine that day, because maybe we could have made something first.
Speaker 1: I loved you telling that story again, by the way, I don't. I love the whole story of you and Vince and the walk around. I love that. I think that's so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good times.
Speaker 1: What people may not realize at this point is that Nova is working in the office and doing double duty at this point, Yeah, he's doing Simon Dean and he's doing Nova.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: But you know, the Dudley's they were back in there tied eye. This is the first time they would do that in years, which got a huge pop, huge pop. Now I can't remember at this point they were heels or babyfaces on SmackDown. But the cool thing about this show is that whatever you were doing on WWE t V was completely ignored.
Speaker 2: Wow, yes, exactly. This is a different error going back to ECW. We're not a WWF, We're you know, this is supposed to be ec dub. Yes, nothing, you know.
Speaker 1: Even raymis Stereo had more of the E cw attire. You know, Eddie Guerrero, same thing.
Speaker 2: This is why Cash is here, by the way, for this.
Speaker 1: Big for the one Big Yeah, and kid Cash is on SmackDown at this point.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, because he was. He was there when I was there. The next year he was working there, so this was, uh, just all right?
Speaker 1: So, like, what did you think about the WWE production, Like and being in a building you've been in a million times, but now it's a ww production, Like, what'd you think of their.
Speaker 2: It's a different It's it's completely different. You know, they might a lot more equipment, you know, like Gorilla was completely different than what we used to have. You know, many agents in the back trying to scream and tell you what to do, where we weren't used to that. That's why when that agent kept telling me like go, I was like, you're wrong, it's not time yet, Like you have to wait.
Speaker 1: So they had the WWE agents doing this show.
Speaker 2: It wasn't one of our guys who was telling me to go. And I can't remember who it was for the life of me, I don't remember who was, but.
Speaker 1: I would have been back stage at that point. I'm trying to think who would have been backstage at that point, because that was like in this five six is when they started to bring a lot of older names back that hadn't been around for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. It could have been Vince for all I know, and he was wrong. Whoever it was, you're sending me too early?
Speaker 1: Was it Mike Rotundo?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't remember, I honestly don't. I just remember there was this gentleman just saying God, and I'm like, nope, and I literally would just wait because I knew what the spot was. You know. I don't know if they thought I was green, if I didn't know my way around the ring, but I'm not going to go out there with my thumb on my ass and have to wait because I knew it was too early.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm going to give you a critique of something that you do when you come out, only because I love you, that's why. Okay, but it's a seventeen year in the rears critique. Small minute thing, oh oh, my mattery thing, my off right.
Speaker 2: I'll see if a non worker can tell me what to do.
Speaker 1: I'm doing it out of being a podcast partner. I'll put my mark hat back on.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's and I did not want to touch Tommy with all that blood all over.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did you see it spewing out of his head.
Speaker 2: I was just like, I'm going to be very very careful, all right.
Speaker 1: I would take the Terry Funk spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, Terry Funk, I believe was on the Shane Show, right, Yeah, Okay, he was. Yeah, it was him, Shane and Saboo. You were right there. You of course you would. I was, hey, were you the only person to work in two main events that weekend? Huh? Might have been not bad? Not bad?
Speaker 2: Not bad? Big Rick from Atlas in the corner, hanging.
Speaker 1: Out pusly that signed back get out of my face that sign whoa. Yeah, I mean, it's weird to see. This is the first time we're seeing the ECW logo on a WWE ring. You get to know it a little better. But it was definitely it was definitely weird. And I don't think anybody could have predicted the Sandman being around after this. It just didn't fit the mold. At the time.
Speaker 2: I had no clue that they were even thinking about doing something larger than just this one night, one night stand.
Speaker 1: You think they should have capped it after this.
Speaker 2: I think it would have been okay to bring us back maybe every year as a novelty pay per view. I don't think the organization should have came back and been under their banner. Yeah, it was a disaster. If it was it was brought back presented the way that we were told it would have worked. But nothing that we were told happened. And you could ask any of the guys who signed just it was just a cluster from the get go. And I knew that when I signed my contract. I knew I was being bullshitted.
Speaker 1: I knew. And the only guys they you know, they pushed, were guys they already had under contract.
Speaker 2: It was a mess, but again I just wanted to make money, right last run, I said, last big run, Let me try and make some money.
Speaker 1: And and you are you on the second one, right, don't you?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't go to the second you didn't go to They told me, they said you can come, but you're not fucked. And I said, then I'm not traveling. If I'm not getting paid, I'm not coming I remember Tommy going, it would be good if you call I go no, I'm not coming, and he goes, okay, So I didn't go. Why so I could just run out at the end and be like this in the camera. Yeah, day, get out of here.
Speaker 1: It's and it was not as good as show. It was very artificial as compared to this one, which seemed a little more emotional for some guys.
Speaker 2: Well, because this is the first time we're all back together. Yeah, a year later, like you already saw it the first time, it didn't have the same pizazz.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, if I was booked and I was getting paid, I would have been there. But why should I?
Speaker 1: I agree, really agree about that.
Speaker 2: You think Devon loves hitting.
Speaker 1: Him well after our conversation, Yes, after after our conversation and things I've heard throughout the years, Yes, I think so.
Speaker 2: Well, this was before that happened. But still, you know there there could be some animosity. We don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit if you read between the lines. Come on, they're the Dudleys, They're brothers exactly.
Speaker 2: Now at this point, Bulla and I are standing next to each other at the curtain and we're just watching, just watching, because there was an order, and I knew the order. I knew it. All I had to do is ask that one time.
Speaker 1: Right, here we goes, here's the impact players. Now the impact players are pulling double duty. They were in the opening match. Okay, I think it was Jericho and Lance Storm and PJ didn't wrestle. PJ was just in Storm's corner and hits a wicked kendo stick on Jericho, very stiff. And I remember I actually did a show with PJ the next weekend. He was talking about how he thought there was gonna be heat because of how stiff thick Thois was.
Speaker 2: Now, where's your critique.
Speaker 1: Here's my critique. You're too You're too dressy. You're too dressy. We need you need to be more francine this year. You look too good. You too, You're dressed too nice. That's my critique.
Speaker 2: Now, now you tell me that wasn't a nice bomb it took for her?
Speaker 1: Come on, oh on, make a second behind here, I am you know you did? You know that's great?
Speaker 2: I flew up in the air. I let her beat me up. Come on, and now I leave goodbye.
Speaker 1: I'm like a hair behind you because my battery thing went, so you're still getting uh your head smacked off the mat, but this you just get the hell out of the ring and you're gone. And I watched you. You literally hold your head. You walk away exit.
Speaker 2: And JBL comes up to me and says, that was great. You did awesome, And I said, oh, thank you, sir. Oh how could she? Oh? God, girlfriends nasty. It's like they just saw each other for the first time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ah, that's gross. All in her hair.
Speaker 2: Yes, they edited that d d T.
Speaker 1: By the way, they edited out where she h where he goes too fast.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was her fault. I don't know whose fault it was, but they.
Speaker 1: It looked like Bubba went too fast. If it was might have yes a quick critique. No, you were your your dress was too nice. You need it to be like more cleaned out, like I want the bitch coming I wore. I mean, you look you look too nice to be uh you know.
Speaker 2: See that that's just where you're wrong, because you stopped watching ECW and that's the kind of stuff that I.
Speaker 1: I know you did. But I'm just if this is the retread show, I want. I want to see the bitch coming out jeans. No, no, not the jeans, but you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, come on, what do you want me to wear.
Speaker 1: The seventeen year critique?
Speaker 2: I said, I just don't know what kind of clue I should have wore.
Speaker 1: Think. Well, I'm not saying go back to like the full you know, like boobs out and everything outfit. But I don't know. There was just flowery and it was nice.
Speaker 2: Oh. That's when Vince came up to me and said, I'm Vince. I said, I know, come on, oof woof.
Speaker 1: But that was a hell of a bump though. That was very very nice. Wow I read all that blood. Oh good lord, Yeah, Devon, you know if you look kind of looks exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 1: No, In fact, he had a stroke. He looks exactly the same facially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only thing different. He might have had a couple of grays in his beard, but who cares. And it looks good on you guys. But me, I get a couple of grays. Good lord, I look like I'm ninety.
Speaker 1: Oh I hate the grays. Oh, I hate it so much. You saw me the way I have to meticulously carve them out. It's it's pathetic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I I have gray I have gray wings right here, I don't have it. That's where it grows in, like right there and and next to my ears, like right here.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, that's a Spike.
Speaker 2: What a doll? Is such a good person. I would love to I haven't talked to him and like forever, I'd love to get him on.
Speaker 1: Now. Spike was on TV at this point, was the Boss and was the leader of the Dudley Boys and THEU and Devon and Bubba were working for Spike at that point.
Speaker 2: How did he become the boss?
Speaker 1: I don't know. They turned him heel and he became like a like a meanie.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: I never liked Spike in WWE after the first like year, I didn't didn't like him. That didn't they. I don't feel like they used him right then he'd end up just basically working the first match of like the the TV tapings to help you know, whatever developmental talent they were bringing up through the fire. Look a dreamer.
Speaker 2: That's just so gross, Like I can't even.
Speaker 1: Look at that blood on the match, just.
Speaker 2: Nasty, nasty three. Sorry, why do you think I got out of.
Speaker 1: There so I can see? Why did you ever find yourself show off.
Speaker 2: I was just like, I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: Did you ever find yourself with ringside? Seeing like the blood pouring out of somebody's head and being like that is fucking arm?
Speaker 2: Yes. I was there for barbed wire matches and I'm just like, are you kidding me? Why do people do this to yourself? No? Thank you? No thank you? Uh uh. I remember talking to Bulea and she was like, I have nothing. I had nothing to wear. This is all I could fit in. You look fine, It's all good. Don't get too close hepatitis? Did you have to look for beer because his best friend is bleeding produce and I need to drink? Oh? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Where beer?
Speaker 2: Beer? Maybe a beer willugh? Girl? No girl, run, I don't care about your husband. Run.
Speaker 1: What What did you think of the what he called the Spanish commentary? Did you hear them talking about you? They were they were going blah blah blah blah front scene.
Speaker 2: Yay.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if I got a pop one. I run out because I as I'm running, I go, I wonder if anybody remembers me.
Speaker 1: See I listen, I went back and listened. They catch you literally as you're coming in. I was gonna ask you if you heard anything when you came through the curtain. But they get as they see it's you. It takes them a second and they see it and then they pop yeah. But uh yeah, here's the awest thing. We don't have to watch this. You didn't come back out for the beers or did see okay? And then the blue meanie gets uh you know his face. Now here's so Steve Austin, right, he's wearing a La Extreme jersey that is the XFL which at that point had been gone for about three or four years. Now here's the funny thing. Steve Austin walks out on WWE in two thousand and two. I go to an autograph signing with Steve Austin that same year, December. He's wearing the exact same jersey. It's five years later on pay per view he couldn't find another shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So another quick story. I might have said this before, but it ties into this match kind of. So Minie was on both shows with me excuse me, and I wasn't speaking to him at this point because when he had his thing with Jasmine Saint Clair, they were making fun of me on these shows pretending they were me. I don't know what why, I don't know why or what drove them to do this, but I was told several times, oh, they may fun of you again tonight. Okay, keep putting me over, you know, negative positive, you're talking about me whatever. And I remember at Shane's show, he came up because now he's broken up with her, and he's like trying to shake my hand, and a bunch of the boys wouldn't shake his hand. Oh wow, no, get out of here, and I wouldn't. I didn't shake his I was like, no, get out of here. You make fun of me. Now you want to be my friend. He goes walks away. He was head down. You know, a lot of the boys want to shake his hand. So Sunday comes. We're driving with Jim Molino, and Molino's got a van and I get to his house. I park my car and I go to get in his van and there's Menie and I go ough, so I ignore him. I get in the car, I sit in whatever seat I was in coming home. I couldn't ignore him because his face was out here and I was putting ice on his face. We stopped at the rest stop and I said, I'm mad at you, but I can't be mad at you anymore. And he's like, I'm so sorry. And that was the night that we made up.
Speaker 1: Wow, what a story, beating the shit out of him and and he complimented you and he beat the tar out of Meani's face.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel bad for mean, but JBL's always been nice to me. JBL put me over on Brall that one time. I was the only girl that he mentioned from E c W. And I'm just like, I think jb All might kind of just like me a little bit. I have nothing bad to say about John.
Speaker 1: And that is why he is a w w E Hall of Famer. There you go, that's why. All right, that was cool. That was our Dudley tie and I just thought that was an interesting when we never watched that, so cross it off the list.
Speaker 2: And it was a quick payday and it was easy and fun. And I'll take another one.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question about it. About the flowery dress I sold it. I was gonna say it's gotta be long gone at this point. That's one night stand right there, Yes, it's going. Oh that's my favorite part. I love asking that after we see the wardrobe, I love asking if it's still around. That's why you're the best. All right, well, we'll say goodbye for this week and catch you next week. The eyes up here goodness will continue, but for the Queen of Extreme Francine, this is the chad. Sir, We'll catch you on the flip side.
Speaker 2: Sa