Speaker 1: Look, oh, I see you my own look over there is that culture. Yes, love cult love, culturist calling, and we are let's get tactile. Well, let's get tactile touching. And there's a third hand. There's no six hands in the middle.
Speaker 2: We are really pushing the boundaries today.
Speaker 3: Here's a huge explosive bit of reality for you. Open wide, open wide. We're not wearing cans, which is the sort of professional way of saying. We're not wearing headphones, which is the professional way of saying that this is going to be real.
Speaker 4: Not only are we not wearing them, we have issuing them. We have shown cans. Please confirm I'm using it correctly.
Speaker 3: I don't know because I heard someone say eskew the other day and I went to a shoe. Something is different than for something. But they said, this game is skewed, conventional thing.
Speaker 1: Who's at it?
Speaker 3: Can we someone on YouTube, a YouTube video game blogger?
Speaker 4: You would stack my reputation as a mart Smith against this YouTuber. I feel like Margo Robbie in the film Mary Queen of Scott's when she said something about my inferior and Margot said, that's how.
Speaker 2: I feel in the face of what you've said and not only just but done to me.
Speaker 3: Just now, Mary Queen of Scott's a movie that should have been watched more.
Speaker 1: Yes or no, I wouldn't know. I didn't watch it, but we all saw the trailer.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy.
Speaker 4: We've sort of already decided and this is breaking news, already decided what the categories will be for the last Coach Recess Culture Awards. But now I'm thinking, do we bring back the category of best Movie we did not see? And is Mary Queen of Scott's a front runner in.
Speaker 3: The think best Movie we did not see? It's still in the category list. Let me just should I check?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, I have this would be huge news of this. Okay, there's more reveals incoming, but let's there's just so.
Speaker 2: Many reveals in coming because guess what we are here to announce.
Speaker 4: This is a huge episode in which we push boundaries and so far the front runner for title lopap is episode in which we push boundaries. But we're gonna see if we can beat it. But it is officially award season. It is award season. It is lost culture recas Culture Awards season. The publicist you are re hired, hit the ground and campaign.
Speaker 1: It is time Boon Yang. How we're feeling.
Speaker 3: We feel great. This is one of the only award shows that is not touched by the strike.
Speaker 1: No, this couldn't be less word.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna pull Drew Berry Moore and pull out of the Movie Awards at the last minute, which we applaud her for doing.
Speaker 1: And I am gonna stand up right now and do very that. Stand up right now and do very that.
Speaker 4: Stand upright that's actually a really culture number eight. And I'm gonna stand up right now and do very that.
Speaker 3: We have to acknowledge something. First of all, there's a dog in the studio named Ruth, who is a star.
Speaker 1: It is not every day you meet a legend.
Speaker 3: No, it is not every day. And I think today is a legendary day for me personally. I'm seeing Ruth. Our guest is inches away from me. We're seeing moona tonight a Terminal five, which a venue I have not returned to since college.
Speaker 1: I'm very scared.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean famously, Gaga performed at Terminal five, right, and she went on to become Lady Gaga, the actress, the actress, And I want to say one quick thing before we bring the legendary guests in.
Speaker 2: And you're all just like edging at home.
Speaker 1: You've all skipped fifteen second skip skip.
Speaker 2: I just want to say, I want to want to relate to the audience for just one second.
Speaker 1: So it's sort of Spring is definitely sprung. It's May.
Speaker 4: We're in May, Bowen says to me, I'm wearing my concert clothes to the recording. Yeah, I have a full on panic. I ask you, why are you wearing? You don't respond literally right away.
Speaker 1: I see that star.
Speaker 2: No, don't apologize to me.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying it's indicative of a phenomenon right now, which is, oh my god, spring is sprung.
Speaker 1: I'm back in New York.
Speaker 4: What is clothes right now? I don't know if I can go out in the pants. Our guest is holding a full on jacket, which I swear you couldn't need less And welcome back to New York, my sister. The way you just rolled your eyes at the guests, locome back to New York. Get a good lawyer, Get a good lawyer.
Speaker 2: The way that you're in cut off everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's too much. I looked at myself in the mirror and as but it was it was one point thirty. I was like, I gotta get on the train and you're wearing Muna merch. I'm wearing Munam merch. This is merch that they that they gifted me.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I mean you are dressed for it, and I didn't know what to do. And that's what doesn't matter less, it doesn't. No, that's not when Moona is about. This is my form of expression in my excitement to go to the Muda concert. Okay, I'm gonna go home cut more things, yes, way, yes, maybe I'll come in a Mets shirt that's cut off.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I'll be like life so fun, it's so fun.
Speaker 2: Our guest is currently on Broadway.
Speaker 1: Let that sink in.
Speaker 3: Let that sink in. And can I say this is gonna sound this is gonna sound interesting. Well, it's gonna sound that it's gonna happen to her good friend, our good friend, good friend, shared good friend, Michael chrus Kane, who also has a show opening soon.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you hear someone's name and you just throw your hands. You just starts shaking your head in the positive way, you know what I mean. Like you're like damn like and he's one of those names you hear and you just start shaking your head.
Speaker 3: Damn, damn you go yes, A finalist, A finalist, Michael Krrius Kane is a finalist for sure. We were both walking from the theater from Helen Hay second stages to the party space talking about our guest, going God, isn't it just amazing that it like it translates. We've seen her on stage at uc B, in TV shows and movies, but then to see her on like a Broadway stage not terribly existentially different from anything else, but just it is a different energy. And to see her fucking both Carrie in her moments where she's supposed to carry as her character and then also share the space in this wonderful ensemble comedy, the Thanksgiving play.
Speaker 1: It is special. It is wonderful. I was very happy to bear witness to it, as were you.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. I mean, I couldn't have said about it myself. I said, it's just started on display.
Speaker 1: Luminosity, luminosity with three other stars.
Speaker 4: With truly a great cast, and I mean it's also a really fun play in and of itself, like it's gonna get done and done and done. Yep, And I think that, like it's also gonna. What I love about it is it's just real comedy on Broadway. And I've said this, it always sticks out to me. It's happening more and more. There is more and more real comedy. Yeah, Broadway. I would cite Kimberly a Kimbo as an example. I haven't seen Shucked yet.
Speaker 1: People are fiving about Shucked. I'm waiting for the right day.
Speaker 4: I'm loving laughing and I'm loving sitting for the Broadway lately.
Speaker 2: And please kind of bring in the guests because this guest is on fire.
Speaker 1: And her name is.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Back in Luca's back in the house, I believe it was the house after almost two years to the it was like it was like a week or two ago.
Speaker 3: She sent us the photo of us two years ago in the l A studio with the class separator.
Speaker 4: That's wild. I think that it always feels like it was fifteen minutes now in the best way.
Speaker 1: I do too, you know what I mean. I guess I was therefore.
Speaker 2: To be a special guest.
Speaker 1: Even before that, you came in for an episode where we were you were the solo guest. Yes, yes, but that was Yeah, that was the two years ago. Uh huh. The last year was the song? Yes, the song?
Speaker 4: Officially, I think of the way that episode occupies time and space for me is when you threw the what was it like a cum quat?
Speaker 2: You threw a cum quat or like a tangerine in the air, an orange?
Speaker 4: It could have been as simple as, oh my god, I remember this, yes, and I remember, and I was just like, wow, we are off to the races.
Speaker 2: A fruit is in the air.
Speaker 1: The fruit is absolutely sailing through the air throwing I do throwing food. I'm looking around for food. I'm saying nothing.
Speaker 4: Wow, no, no, don't do you throw food in the play? I can't remember you throw you throw? You throw another thing?
Speaker 1: I don't want to do. That's true. I do you know? One night I threw a grape in the air to like catch in my mouth, and then I was like, that's hack. Did you catch it in your mouth? I don't think that's hack. You don't think I think that the character produces a.
Speaker 4: Huge discussion if throwing food in the air and catching it in your mouth is this is one of the culture topics we have not yet breathed.
Speaker 1: But okay, it felt like I was like, this is me asking the audience to laugh. They will laugh at this, which felt a little hack. I don't know how it's not half because you know why. It's high risk. Okay, great, great hack is low ristard or not even high rewards, lowest glow reward. Okay, I'll try it. I'll try it on Tuesday, Tuesday at seven pm. This is this is.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking what might be a fresh take on the eye through this is. I think what it would be good. Okay if you threw a food cut in your mouth and then acted shock that you did it.
Speaker 1: That's fine. Oh my god, wait, I've never before you just stops the play. Stop wait wait wait stop? Did you guys never? I want to do that. I just take it. Yes, I bet they would go with me. They would go with me.
Speaker 4: It is the definition of what like the larger community would call a fun group on stage.
Speaker 1: That's why you go see theater. I know, don't you love I love theater?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's I love it. I love it. What is it like doing it? It's so fine, you guys, you got to do it, Okay, don't.
Speaker 4: Actually want to very bad? I know, I know that's been something that maybe I don't know why I resisted doing it or maybe felt like I couldn't do you know what I mean, Like, did you ever feel like that in the process of like approaching it, Like because we come from like a comedy background, and yes, be like booked and film and television and stuff, but it does feel weird, like all of a sudden, it's Broadway.
Speaker 1: It's key exactly. You're like, am I allowed to do this? I really, I really did. I sat down with Rachel Chafkin the n and I really had before, you know, sort of like saying the day after I'd read the play like it wasn't a done deal yet, and I really was like I wasn't asking her to like hype me up or anything, but I was like, why do you think I can do this? Like, you know totally that's I would ask the same, right, It's like something that I have training in and did so long ago, and I know I can do it somewhere deep down, But for fifteen years, I have not done a play. And I know we've all done so much stage work and live stuff, but doing a play and doing a month rehearsals and it's a different thing, and it's deep in us and by the way, you can and will do it and it will be so fun. But it is a different process. It's totally like I think something that struck me and you guys will get this, like as comedy people is having to do well, let's see, it's continuous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's the thing that I think I take for greater because you're not like breaking it into smaller VI.
Speaker 1: That is so fun about it.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: This is something that like you would do for your Christmas show, like you find bits and you repeat them every night. But as improvisers and also just as like doing comedy on TV, where it's take after take and it's try something new, to try something new. Oh well, this would be for Saturday night. No, it's it's esenl It's like you have to like abandon it different.
Speaker 2: This is like it's literally living breathing.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you find a funny thing in week one rehearsal and the producer and the director and there's play right whoever's there, they laugh, they want you to do it again in the next run through, and it feels like sacrilegious. It can feel and so that was something I had I like really struggled with and had to have like a heart to heart with the cast and director gat to be like I everything in me. If you guys laugh at me, if I do something and you laugh, in my brain, I go, I can't do it again. Yeah I didn't explain it, well, I can't to do it again would be like breaking the rules. Because as you as the listeners know, if you've done any comedy or improv or anything, to like do a funny thing twice, that's not allowed. It's not only not allowed to repeat it, I should say to repeat, but to repeat it is also we might think as comedy trained people it's not allowed.
Speaker 3: But it's also I think, I truly believe so difficult right totally to do it again.
Speaker 1: And like get the it's you're probably not going to get the same. Wow, God, it is bringing me back. Come with me, come with bringing me the hell back too. High school, maybe I was a junior or something like that. I hosted em Seed the Dance the Girls Dance, the Girls Dance Show. Okay, represent this person who now, yes, you see me m yeah, of course of coure so I'm em seeing it. And one there's two shows, two night, one night, let's say Wednesday, and let's say a Thursday. It's not the weekend. It's not going to be the weekend. No no, no, no no. And I and something happened on stage and when when it was my turn to do like my little MCing guys, I improvised something and it absolutely killed. Just okay, I killed some little off the cut thing. Wow, and it killed?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Did I try it again the next night? I did? For you. I almost feel like I've told you, guys this so badly that some boy and the audience went booacous? Do you remember what it was? It was something about the song they were dancing to. And even this will really hit home, you guys. The song these girls were dancing too was bad to the bone. Wait, oh god, I thought you were gonna say I knew you were gonna say that. Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I am so sorry, something like that, bleeding in the booth.
Speaker 2: I don't know I need Did you finish the story okay?
Speaker 1: Really quickly? You just felt it?
Speaker 3: Or because I literally did a show my freshman year of a high school called Dance Showcase. It was directed by Miss Wood this person who I still think about who you know, she's a character.
Speaker 2: On the pod and I have look.
Speaker 3: We tried to humanize her and sympathize her, but she also was like that bad, bad, bad, scarred scarred. Hear it down, she did, but she did. We did dance showcase. The song that we did was bad to the Boat Come, and that was one of my first moments of some of the guys were rockers. Was the rockers versus the nerds, and we were trying to seduce the girls, and I was one of the nerds and then I kind of like really took big swings physically in my choreo. And then it was it was hearing one of the deans after the show turna miss went and go, I mean Bowen really stole the show, and Miss Wood making a face that was like pissed about it, pissed about like I was pulling focus. I was like I was being too handy, So I have a very I'm so sorry. I know that that explains the emotional response.
Speaker 1: It so maybe like he was having like it was almost as if something bad was no, no, it was it was it was euphoria. What we've seen. Yeah, it was what you were building up to. The song that these girls dance too was and I was going to say, you be like, well, of course she's not going to say that that's my memory.
Speaker 3: You now, please. I feel like I never I didn't think I could feel more connected.
Speaker 1: Damn it.
Speaker 2: I was really a joy to watch and listen to.
Speaker 1: And I love it now, you know, I've listened to I would say ninety percent of this entire podcast. How have I not heard about?
Speaker 4: She comes from every like once every two years as a figure in Bowen's past who did not encourage I've had them. In fact, it feels like maybe even worked against him in high school. I to sure that he did not fulfill theatrical stardom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it does stick with you. I have one sticks, one of those. It sticks. Mine's dead, damn And we danced on her grave wood a man. It's okay because it's hard for women exactly her, you know, honestly her. She was jealous of you and right now she's choking on her own bile. Yeah, I just but I also I also feel I also feel her. Yeah. I imagine a full.
Speaker 2: Grown woman who starts him with a kid like something's going on.
Speaker 1: It's nice of you to feel for her, but we don't feel for her. Okay, what is There's nothing to it other than like the dance team was all girls, and it was all like hot girls, and they were all wearing like red bandanas around their head and like leather vests and they were doing like modern cord. And one of them was especially tiny, like she was just like a wee little thing. And I said something about it. Yes, her name was Stacy Ray. Listening, I'm actually.
Speaker 2: It's like Britney Spears. Yes, Stacey Ray. It's the same name.
Speaker 1: And I said something when it I keep saying cut back to me when it came back to me when the spotlight, because.
Speaker 2: You see yourself in film when it.
Speaker 1: Cut back to me. When it cut back to me, I said something about I wish I could remember the exact thing, but something about like, yes, you know, like bad to the bone, Stacy Ray really scared us. Something something something about her being tough, which, by the way, like or Stacy Ray, but I mean whatever, that's not bad enough to get a boot. It just was that it was off the cuff. Got I hate the phrase off the cuff. It was just you do it's like it feels like somebody's grandpa. Off the cuff.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like taking it back.
Speaker 2: I feel like off the cuff, it's kind of funny.
Speaker 1: Away. Yeah, just like to say it exactly, just like off the just say off the cuff.
Speaker 2: Because it's the self awareness about that.
Speaker 5: It's Graand there's a better version of off the cup, which is apropos of nothing okay, from the head, shooting from but it doesn't quite mean the same thing.
Speaker 1: I think it's well not no, no, It's like I'm shooting from the head. I'm just like I'm not even thinking about what I'm doing. It's a little different. What else is really good?
Speaker 4: We've been talking a lot on the podcast about like what it's fun to like phrase a logically say nowadays a shoe a shoe, we've shoe sort of boundaries and borders. And this is the episode where we're going, yeah, wait, and I just had it and now I forgot it. I got lost in that word zoo. There's something that that is good to just throw out there and say.
Speaker 6: In an off the off the Customer long story six of one, six of one of one, doesn't it is a good phrase, and it's basically saying like it's the same thing, it's.
Speaker 1: Just a little different.
Speaker 4: You know what what you're saying, it feels like it's six of one if we go like here for dinner, or they're the same.
Speaker 2: I love that distance away.
Speaker 1: I've never I've never said it, right, you know what I mean? Yeah, Now can you imagine if I hadn't found it? Thank you for doing just me drowning trying to get to the surf. Now that's a hard word Brown, Yes, because tell me you don't want to put a d at the end of the rounding.
Speaker 4: Drownding, oh my god, like drowned, Oh my god. Is the episode that pushes boundaries we're talking about things we.
Speaker 1: Has to be another.
Speaker 4: Another thing we've been saying is the podcast is really a talk based thing. That's who says that talking needs to fit in the box of this is what the podcast usually does. It can just be talking and it still qualifies as a podcast. Yes, in an hour from now.
Speaker 1: This is going to be anything. Oh, I see what you're saying. Okay, I'm going to finish the story, which is no, no, no, it's not even a story. I just have to put a button on it, which is. It wasn't that it was a great joke. It just got a good laugh. So the next night I was like, that got a good laugh. Watch me absolutely destroy on this little off the cuff thing. I pushed it too hard, like I really set it up right, you know, like that to the bone. Well Stacey Ray, you know, like that sort of thing. The audience was silent except for one loan football boy saying boo. And I went into my car afterwards, my little Toyota Crussada. Thank you Grandma Nita for giving it to me. Sorry, And I cried, and I learned good that.
Speaker 2: You cried because you needed to truly from that experience.
Speaker 1: You need to go.
Speaker 4: And I have to tell you, and I feel comfortable saying this to you know at the time you were not an experience exactly.
Speaker 2: No, it was you needed to gain that experience and get that edge to be on Broadway. And I'm telling you, when.
Speaker 1: You're in the.
Speaker 2: Way, what the way, that you just.
Speaker 1: Became aware of your own tips flying in the sky. I bounced and felt my body. It's a lot of things bodies moving were a.
Speaker 4: Little kids, right, I mean sometimes okay, yes, I mean absolutely are you asking me do I wave my penis in the air sometimes when I buy myself.
Speaker 1: It's the same body we had when we were just sick.
Speaker 4: I know, and like this is so weird, but remember and the Lady Gaga justin tumble Andy Samberg video when they skill they go.
Speaker 1: To impress the chick helicopter like this.
Speaker 4: That's actually classic comedy. And I dare you to be alone in your house and put that on and not helicopter dare you?
Speaker 1: I would love to helicopter dick. Will you just helicopter titties? I know, but that's not a helicopter. That's different. Yeah, that's just like one. But I want to just that's last name on Succession. Watched God damn it. Yeah, give her them, give them, give them. You know she moved to lead. Actually I actually listen. I'm gonna this isn't that important. I do that too much, I do know, what do you mean? I texted Jason last night, who's in l A husband, Jason, and I'm in New York and I love Jason. I know I did too, and he hadn't watched Succession yet, and I said, you got to watch it. And then I'm looking at my text I'm looking at my text. I was basically like, don't text me while you're watching it. You need to watch it all in one. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I said to him, I actually hate it when people say this, but give them both the Emmy. Now, I hate you, I said, I actually hate when Bow and Yang said that's not no no no. I just mean, like it's so overused to say, like give them the Emmy, but give literally give it. To see this entire it is like they the two of them were like, let's do something crazy this season. That's what it feels like. They were like, this is our last season, Let's show them what we got.
Speaker 4: I literally, I'm not even sure that this episode is their submission. I literally couldn't decide between what is the most exemplary episode of their work. Her first episode of this season was insane. She was one yes and she was unbelievable. In the third episode, when he passes, it was the right move for her to move to leed to she was and I always just think, you know, if you occupy a space like that, like just campaign that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't like the category fraud. It bothers me where I.
Speaker 1: Care a political system which is the Yeah, but goddamn, but I literally said the same thing to Josh last night.
Speaker 3: I turned to Josh sh sharp and I never say ship like this, but I literally was like, and I kind of zeroed in on Sarah because we're homosexual, homosexual, But I turned to Josh, give her the fucking It's.
Speaker 1: Just it's and it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Versus creamer thing where it was restrained.
Speaker 1: It's so confident.
Speaker 4: Well, she's here's the thing, the reason why her breaking now in the fourth season and like her having these little outbursts is hitting as hard as because she has been a model of restraint. She has been it's been so important to that character to appear unbothered and now it's just like she's so desperate and so on hinge.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 4: Like that's why it's hitting is because this is really their first fight ever, like yes, and that it's giving mad men. It's like when something has been built up and you just know so well, yes, now when they finally have it, it feels like watershed. Yes, of course that is because the show is almost.
Speaker 1: Right and they literally you know, they actually said like, are we going to do this right now? Like as if that's what we're caring.
Speaker 3: I will say Tom going back to the party being like everybody go home like that was amazing, but a small moment of.
Speaker 1: Like, whoa, god, he's good, he's great. Oh my god, Wow, I never made him.
Speaker 4: You did not, You did not, Jim Rogers on a second, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: You never never realized? Is this when you realize culture was for you? Can I? And can I say something recently?
Speaker 4: I got dragged for coming on this podcast by literally one person, which I shouldn't care about, but I said that I didn't know who the Chemical Brothers were.
Speaker 2: And the and they were like, he doesn't know culture.
Speaker 1: Get real.
Speaker 4: But now in this moment when I'm realizing that Matthew mco wasn't from pride and prejudice, maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know what that is the words of j Mitchell.
Speaker 2: And then I earned a background.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what? Yeah you did. That's just about him. That's not about you. That's showing what good is and how different his hair, his hair, I'm sure he's different in like a coat and the wist coat, the hair and the voice. Come on, give yourself that grace, baby, don't you dare but now don't you care, chemical don't you chemical? Brothers? Oh my god, he's amazing, And there was there was a little bit of twitter talk that maybe two episodes ago where there were maybe one episode ago where they were talking on the stairs and he was like telling her about the first time they met, and it was almost like a romantic moment, and there was a lot of like, Tom is mister Darcy in this moment?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I mean even in this I should have known it in this episode and that scene because he's so declared ive and there was something like there was something romantic about the anger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: He's like I really believe teacher only cared and was letting himself free at that moment, like him realizing that, like it's in a statement like are we actually going to do this?
Speaker 1: Are we going to end it?
Speaker 2: Because if we actually see it.
Speaker 1: Happen, it is done. Oh my god. And then when she's like I don't care, I actually don't care. Oh my god, this show, damn, it's damn.
Speaker 2: It's it's beyond good.
Speaker 1: Todath. Yeah, it's so damn is ttp as the people online call it.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I was at TTP and literally someone was like, Matt was spotted at TTP.
Speaker 1: Maybe back to the pod. It gets yes, yes, yes, people, okay, good, good good. Is it giving open ended run or is it it's limited TTP? The Thanksgiving play. There was a while where people were calling it the t g P giving Thanksgiving and giving different but then also the good place, and I was getting confused. Letters there, damn letters make more letters. Thank you consonants, Thank you Constance, thank you, will you Constance, thank you Constance.
Speaker 4: WU actually culture number eight, thank you Constance, thank you Constance.
Speaker 1: Myself, I forgot rule all your contribution is thank you, but Rule seventy eight is thank thank you Constance, thank you for the correction. It is a limited run. It closes June eleven. Yeah, I do like a limited run. Are you going to be in town? Are you going to stay in town for a little bit or you know it's funny. June seventeenth, Is that the day that is that is a reason for me to stay perfect? Yeah? I really want. I mean I missed last year. What you missed is that was one of breaking one of the funnest thanks the mail I could almost not. I mean, I gobbled up every possible video. I could see of it, but it was almost hard to watch. Of course it was so fun. Listeners, Readers, Katies, you know I've never can I admit something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've never identified?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: I just want to Yeah, now of.
Speaker 1: The four do you identify?
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, you talked about this maybe like Leader Katie, Publicist, Finals.
Speaker 2: The Houses of Lost Culture and everyone.
Speaker 4: Do you want to say, keep an eye on merchandising hot because you may be able to publicly identify.
Speaker 1: June and seventeen. When you said this on the pod, I was like, oh, I guess that's what I am, but I kind of can't remember. So giving Leader, I feel like you're a reader. I think I am.
Speaker 4: Ready, you've been around for a while in terms of like I do you feel and this is not to say anything means more than anything else, but in terms of your media diet, do we fit in a consistent way?
Speaker 2: Okay, then you're a reader, I think, but we have for a long time.
Speaker 1: But you're not.
Speaker 2: You're not listening to the pod like, yes, you're listening to the pod like mm hmm, but.
Speaker 1: Were you You've never identified as the reader. I was going to say, I've never identified it as a Katie and let me tell you why. I in a similar way, let me take it back again to my childhood, in a similar way to me being sick the week that my elementary school class whatever this was fourth grade or something, learned about the planets. And I never learned the planets. I missed the episode where you guys talked about katies, so I never got I get it, but I don't get it. It's the same thing. It's the same thing. I don't know planets. I don't know Katie's and that something I don't and I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think there's going to be Katies that are going to feel disappointed that you're not among them. Okay, but you've always get if I placed the last on your head, it's giving reader to me.
Speaker 1: Great, that's what I am.
Speaker 3: I will say katies have this going for them, which is when you introduce Katie's. It was a very controversial thing because some people felt like it was offensive.
Speaker 2: Not everyone identified as Katie.
Speaker 3: So for people who do identify as Katie's, I think that is extremely noble because you are going against like other people being like, ugh, that's not a good It's like it's like someone forgive us.
Speaker 1: It's giving much more controversially.
Speaker 4: I think katies are giving Hufflepuff someone Katie, I'm a cad. I was literally going to say I never said that before. Before I stopped myself.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's giving, and I was like, I'm sorry to compare this to Hogwarts, but it's Hufflepuff where it's like it's the the sort of weird one out of the four that people feel a little sort of uneasy about.
Speaker 1: But I think Katie is hugely important.
Speaker 4: I am a Katie and I've never said that, pop never identified, but I am a Katie and that's something that's like really important to to me.
Speaker 1: And you guys. Matt is sobbing right now, and your reader, your reader. I think I'm a publicist.
Speaker 2: You think of yourself as a publiciser.
Speaker 1: I'm ay, so I think that that really works reader, Katie publicist and finalists finalist. Oh but you guys actually literally called me and Melanielynsky called me a finalist too. Cat, It's actually different. So you know what I did. I screen recorded that little chunk and I sent it to my sister.
Speaker 3: I felt like I read you in that moment when she said I felt like I was Darcy and she's like, oh my gosh. The way she said Darcy Card it was so whatrified.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, I'm looking to see if I have it my sisters.
Speaker 4: I mean it is.
Speaker 1: It does sound absolutely it's a new term. Okay, great because it's the lexicon, you know, it's a brand new tube. But I listened, I did about it, talk about let's talk about it. I know that. Yeah. I love her, I really love her. She's really good. She was great on the show. She was so easy to talk to. She's such a deeply, really really nice person, let alone insanely but just so welcoming and warm and lovely, and she's like somebody I want to know for the rest of her.
Speaker 4: She also like uses her platform in a way that I think is so cool. She's constantly highlighting other people performance.
Speaker 1: John Reynolds, I saw that. That was so cool. Yeah, she's she's rad. She's rad damn like and also taste, yeah, taste today.
Speaker 3: Darcy is a finalist reader sort of hybrid. I think Melanie is the textbook finalist.
Speaker 4: Yes, came already prepackaged, culturally iconic, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's a finalist behavior.
Speaker 4: Yes, we saw her out like Harmony from Survivor was a finalist because we found her in the culture and then we we said.
Speaker 1: We have and bring her in totally. That's a finalist.
Speaker 2: That's a finalist.
Speaker 1: That's great. Who I'm working on right now? You want to say it? Who I'm working on? Who I'm working on? Who I really want to.
Speaker 2: We're trying to nail down Andy want to come on last culture.
Speaker 1: Wait, I don't want to talk about this. Why because I'm curious.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about this.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh my god, do I literally thought you just because your arms are you were sitting here with your arms folded and looked to the ground and said, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want I guess what I want to talk about is you guys have really good chemistry me and but the journey is to talk about the journey.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can be transparent about this and who knows, maybe I'll even bring it up on the But now I feel like I have to know that I've said that, which is our relationship did start via flirting, yes, DM, I knew it, and then it quickly changed when I went on the show. I don't know why but it just kind of was just like, oh, now he's like a friend. I weirdly think of him as like my boss. When I go funny, I weirdly like I feel like when I go that I report for works, and I really like he gets that and is entertained by what I do.
Speaker 2: So like the flirty do I still.
Speaker 1: Think that's hot, and I know that I know we're not that anymore. I mean, here's the thing. We can think that. We can't think that.
Speaker 2: Culture for a little we do. Okay, I think I should not know, No, you can.
Speaker 1: No, it's good.
Speaker 2: I'm having a transparent year.
Speaker 1: I think cool, that's amazing, that's cool.
Speaker 4: I just learned about give me inhibitory systems and excitatory systems sexually.
Speaker 1: Okay. So there's like these models. Kay, I'm I'm wide open, I'm gaping. Okay. So the models for.
Speaker 3: Sex have been like in terms of stages up until like the nineties, but like back in the day, it was like it would be like arousal, plateau, orgasm, and then like after that would be oh, it sorts of an R but it's like sort of regressive. Let's just say regressive, Okay, And then like these like psychologists like reduce it to three things, three stages, which is they didn't account for desire in the first model, right, so they go, it's desire, arousal orgasm, and that's it.
Speaker 1: That's what sex is. I got it, but now not now, but like since the nineties, like I think.
Speaker 3: People like are adopting this like sexual excitement versus sexual inhibition. And I feel like my fucking damage not to get super real. But I always tell me, I always talk myself out of like a sexy situation or a situation no I can't do it. Oh, I immediately I tell myself, like like Matt and I will see a hot guy in the street. Matt'll be like, look at that guy and be like, oh yeah, but no, but it wouldn't happen, or it's just there's there's there are all these reasons why it shouldn't. It wouldn't happen, yeah, and ask yourself why Yeah, totally yeah, And it's all about like insecurities and stuff like that. But it's like I'm finally getting It's like, rather than think about it in stages, it's it's just between like two like brain processes that like work in tandem. So it's not even stages. It's just two things that are working at once. Yeah, and that's all that matters. It's not even like orgasm centered anymore like sex to me anything, and the orgism doesn't have to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: And so I'm going like wow, and.
Speaker 3: It's actually kind of interesting and I'm kind of like, ah, this is making sex better for me.
Speaker 1: Good, and it's opening something up.
Speaker 3: If I'm like, I should just make it about things that excite me right right, right right, and not think about the things that are like inhibiting.
Speaker 1: Yes, anyway, No, that's so interesting. God. Yeah, it kind of like it breaks something open. But that's actually gigantic. Yeah, how did you discover that video?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 1: It was a video.
Speaker 3: It's on It's on YouTube dot comments like this channel called like Big Thing where they bring in like experts to like talk about why, like you know, we need a substitute for religion or else, like society is going to collapse likely And they're really smart.
Speaker 1: I love smart.
Speaker 2: I love smart too, Like my god, I love.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: No, I mean even sharing that so illuminating and emotionally intelligent. And I was that's why I asked, like, did it come from somewhere because I feel like, of course my thing is I don't think I could arrive at that, like you just put you just put it so simply in a way where it's just like, yes, it's it's.
Speaker 2: As simple as like a decolonization.
Speaker 3: But it's like, so you shift your your whole mindset because if I am like having sex with someone, I do think of in terms of like, okay, first it's this, then it's this, then it's but instead it should just be like what's fun?
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, exactly what.
Speaker 4: Is I know we just mentioned poverty, but it's like scarcity mindset is keeping you from like not having sex because you are fixated on these other things that have Weirdly they ultimately like end up having value to us, which are our negative thoughts, you know.
Speaker 5: What I mean.
Speaker 4: It's like, well, I know I have this thing to go back to. I know I have my escape route out of this. But then it is like, and I do think that because spring has sprung, Le's come to the fort, yes, like there is this opportunity now to like change the thinking around that because we're all feeling horny.
Speaker 1: Talk about Andy. Yes, okay, so we need to get Andy on the pod, which is like, that's not even hard. He would.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we're probably doing it soon tomorrow, Yeah, right after this.
Speaker 1: Oh oh my god, I can't wait to see it. Okay.
Speaker 4: I did want to text him though, because I was listening to Radio Andy and I was watching Watch What Happens Live last week, and you know who I realized would be an incredible housewife.
Speaker 1: I'm going to pitch this to him live.
Speaker 4: Sonny houstin from the view, would be an incredible New York housewife.
Speaker 1: But I think she would think that she is like above it, and that is exactly why she did.
Speaker 3: I don't know though, because then you get like when you bring Bethany back, she thinks she's above the show and she's nice.
Speaker 1: I don't think it does ghow.
Speaker 4: And this is why I think Sonny would be perfect. Do you know about what happened when Sonny Houston and Bethany Frankel were sharing space in the Hamptons like they both had neighboring beach house.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, maybe I do, and only would know it from this podcast if you've said it before. I think we have.
Speaker 4: We talked about this, so basically what happened was that they were talking about the Housewives on the View, and Meghan McCain was like obsessed with the Housewives, and she brought up Bethany and Sonny.
Speaker 2: Apropos of nothing whips out this. She was very nice to my kids.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then Meghan starts and then Sonny in the shadiest tone.
Speaker 4: It's just like, yeah, my kids were playing on the beach and she came out and reamed at them to stop making noise.
Speaker 1: And she screamed at my kids and then went back at our house.
Speaker 4: So my kids told me that, and I walked over there and I knocked on the door and she answered, and I said, if you have a problem with my kids, you take it up with me the adult.
Speaker 1: You do not.
Speaker 4: Andy went on watch it happened and in response said, Sonny has a maybe she is on drugs.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, drunk. Wow. And literally it was so petty.
Speaker 4: I can't even explain, just like the way that Sonny wanted to get because she felt righteous.
Speaker 1: These are the quality.
Speaker 4: Television because she's truly smart, she's truly stylish, She's we hung out with her in the Bahamas.
Speaker 1: She was fine, she'll have a cocktail, She'll have a cocktail. She she was doing something on the plane that was like joy had her feet up. I love. We were on a plane with all of that.
Speaker 4: Well, we were coming back from the Bahamas because we did an episode review, but we were literally was it whoopy on the flight to No, I don't think was there we were on the flight with I believe remember, yeah, I would remember, Yes, she can drive, she can drive.
Speaker 1: I guess from the well, there's a long bridge, it's a long bow. There, there's a boat you can get on that doesn't move. It all your smart come on, come on, come on, come on, come on. Wait, I'll tell you something smart. And then this is a little chunk and then go right back to what you're saying. You guys said, Terminal five is where you're singing night. I discovered this yesterday. Up until yesterday, I hadn't thought about it much. But when people said they were seeing something at terminal five, I thought they would go to JFK, And I was like so rad that they just turned the airport into so much more is happening at terminal five now? I mean, like the concerts really want to drive all the way to GfK, but to see Yeah, I would do that. And there's get the people who go to the airport. You haven't been to La guardian.
Speaker 3: Is the night That's all what I'm saying. I'm saying the people who go to the t w A like who go all the way out.
Speaker 1: That, but have you been there? I haven't walked through. I've not walked through. I mean it's really cool, but I am the same way where I'm like, because didn't they have like a premiere there these events having to go all the way or like a wedding or something, having to go to JFK to go to an event. No, here's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: If they told me there was an event Atla Guardia and it was in any way relevant to me, I don't know about JFK. I haven't checked in with her in this regard, Like I don't know about her night club potential. LaGuardia has massive, really night club potential through the roof Laguardias.
Speaker 2: That girl and we need to start saying to you, is.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm looking at Manhattan, is that right? Guardia is right here is like just basically like north in a little bit west of Jfkally Queen is like the very bottom corner of Queens Newark is the one that's like just New York is really from we don't even need to talk about Okay, great, great, But I feel like it's maybe a sleeper, like quick into the city Newark. I don't think deeming if I'm living like West Low West little maybe maybe maybe maybe you're saying, and all of a sudden it hits me come back. Actually, I just can't. I don't deal with New York people. Yeah you got Newark person, we got oh my god, they're also mad at me right now. Yes, I'm telling you that guard. I don't know creative. What are you talking? Signage?
Speaker 4: The signage when I see the for the bathroom. First of all, you want to know a good bit right now, whenever you are walking by a men's room.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm already you're a gay guy, okay, I'm.
Speaker 4: There, or women okay, you turn to your so that's where they are, really and then if you can go in and bite your lip like, that's really good.
Speaker 1: Really good.
Speaker 3: I did a lateral pitch, a lateral six one, six of one. The six of one version is so that's where they keep them.
Speaker 1: That's good. Six of one absolutely, six of one, six of one, and the other thing is half dozen of the other is that that's that's one or a half dozen, six of one or half dozen of the other.
Speaker 4: It's a double yeah, one six, six of one or half a dozen, half a dozen of one, half a dozen.
Speaker 1: So actually this phrase is not even It should be the exact same to make the am I high right now? It should be exact same to make it makes sense. Okay, I'm not hiring the same number. It's the same number, a dozen, but I do think the actual phrase is six of one, half dozen of six of one.
Speaker 4: Half You say, no, Google, I'm telling you, I think this is just all the time where I'm like, it's not just yes, half.
Speaker 3: Half a dozen six, you're saying it should be like six of one, half dozen.
Speaker 1: The fact that it's basically saying this is the same thing, isn't it six it's six of one. It goes unsaid half a dozen of the So it's basically saying this is the same thing as this, right, yes, yeah, And the fact.
Speaker 2: That there's a preposition actually makes it even more the same thing.
Speaker 3: So with the second part of this, you get the word dozen has to be sad and then of the other it has to be that's.
Speaker 1: One hit of a joint last night. And I swear to God, you well, you know what I've been doing, wake and baking. Really, I don't ever done that in my lea.
Speaker 2: I think it's not a good sign.
Speaker 1: Really, I think it's I think low key. It's like not probably a good Maybe you should like eat a little you know, like mushroom gummy or something like that. Wouldn't that maybe like awake you more.
Speaker 3: I think I'm like, I don't know. I feel like we did a lot of substances. Yeah, and I'm kind of like pumping the brakes, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Pump the brakes. Have a Dike coke, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: We need you said you needed to talk about a matt before we were starting. Just finished the joy story finish bare feet up.
Speaker 1: On darn was row one.
Speaker 3: Bear put her bear tonail, polished beautiful feet, the gorgeous feet up.
Speaker 1: She pressed them against the wall, one so longer or shorter.
Speaker 4: I didn't, I didn't look at the like was sort of like, wow, I can't believe the bare feet. And then then I say that with all the love in the world, and Sonny was watching ze Way watching which I contacted.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the Barefoot.
Speaker 2: I feel like we spied on them.
Speaker 1: Well there they were, they weren't in a private room.
Speaker 4: I mean, they're literally icons. Joy I just love, I just I was talking at everything.
Speaker 1: Yes, every this is what this was.
Speaker 4: The point was every single thing I see and hear from Sunny Houstin. And I say this as a huge compliment because what I'm saying is she's dynamic and powerful, and I think this guy's the limit. Being a housewife would give her an army.
Speaker 3: She has the right amount of righteousness to succeed on that show and glamour and all this stuff.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a day where Bowen and I went to the View years ago to see when Kelly Clarkson was on Think about It, and we were literally we were we were sitting in the crowd and we literally on a commercial break screamed in Unison.
Speaker 3: Sonny, you look amazing, and then she goes, and then I will never for And then I hear her say this all the time in my mind. She goes, thank you. You know sometimes I don't wear makeup. I don't wear makeup at all. It was like it was makeup at all. She's wearing it in the moment when I'm not doing this makeup. She's kind of like, yeah, I am, I do look at anything. That is exactly what she's saying. She's like, you think I look good now?
Speaker 1: I always look at.
Speaker 4: The iconic day where there was a dance contest and the party motivator in the crowd or whatever. She's like the warm up comment the warm up comic was like, what do you think will and will Be said, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Fuck about that.
Speaker 4: Oh, and Sonny was and Sonny was participating. She goes, sorry, I just spit.
Speaker 1: I hate it. Monny was participating, and she goes, I liked the woman over there? She was good, you are any impression I read the book. I haven't watched the View since ever, and I since ever. I feel like it. Have you ever been on? No, I've never been on.
Speaker 4: What I know?
Speaker 1: That's I know?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What are you need to go on? You need to go on for this? Okay, make it happen, make it so. Maybe they know I haven't watched, but I did. The last time I watched was when I went to the show as an audience an audio with my friend's mom who was visiting New York and it is maybe seventeen years ago or what was the cast?
Speaker 2: Remember who was the cast of the view?
Speaker 4: When you kind of don't remember who was seventeen years two thousand and six, like maybe Rosie.
Speaker 1: I kind of I think it was a little bit of like a Sherry definitely a little bit not like a blackout moment, but a little bit like where you kind of were like, I don't really like I.
Speaker 2: Think I don't, but I want to tell you what I did.
Speaker 1: I think similar to what you're talking about, there's like a party warm up person, and do they have people come on the stage and like dance or something was.
Speaker 4: They were doing a dance content. Maybe back then they had people they stand up in the back rows and dance.
Speaker 1: There was something where like the person the like warm up person asked the audience like who wants to come down and do something? And it was a moment where I looked around and nobody was volunteering.
Speaker 4: So I was like, well, I have to do and so I did about responsible energy in the room. Have you asked yourself why?
Speaker 1: It's probably something with my dad. I'm just kidding, no, just actually what I mean, is he would do the same thing he's do you have remember you of going up on stage then? But it's like a blackout. It's like it's like a thing of like, I don't want to be doing this. This isn't what you don't think. It's almost like whether I slay or not, I don't know. There I had so many moments early on, especially in my twenties, where I was like, this isn't how it should be. That's okay, that's part of growing up.
Speaker 2: I think it's perfectly Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 4: Do you know this single time we bombed the worst? I I know we bombed together, and I think it was the worst. It was certainly the worst.
Speaker 2: It's the worst.
Speaker 1: It's the worst I've ever bombed. And is it d Natomy improv? It was Josh and Aaron show agasion for all people at the du Plaque. So this isn't so long ago. This is just no, this is like two thousand.
Speaker 3: I want to say, no, no, no, it's like fifteen okay, fourteen fourteen.
Speaker 2: That's so scary that it was so rare.
Speaker 3: It's pretty it's within the last ten years. Okay, and Josh and a booked me on the show. I wasn't really doing anything so low, and I got really nervous. And then thank God for you, Matt, because I reached out to man, I go, can you please help me out? Can you please do something with me on the show? I have no idea what to do, panicking, panicking, Oh my god, I'm so stressed even talking about this. And then Matt was like, being the best friend that he is, the amazing friend that he is, said yes, and then we talked out ideas and then I think we landed on let's wear scrubs and you were a blonde wig. I'll wear a black wig, put on lipstick. We'll do Gray's Anatomy improv and dag where I played I played Christina, you Playzy.
Speaker 1: Were you were you married?
Speaker 4: I think the blonde in the wig was so blonde that we said I was, But I think spiritually we really wanted to be married.
Speaker 3: That was really the blueprint, and it was it was a full, full nuclere tipped missile in the water.
Speaker 4: Neither of us were having fun for the second We're doing it, and literally we could go off as Gray's Anatomy drag now and probably it would go okay.
Speaker 1: Actually would a ship, you should take it.
Speaker 4: At the time, we were both so scared because we looked up to Josh so much, which is an element of this we're not saying. At the time, we were terrified that they would think we were not fun and that their cool audience that was coming to see them at the Duplex would think that we were not funny.
Speaker 2: And then we were awful and ran off the stage.
Speaker 4: And I remember, I don't even know, I don't even know if we talked about it, but you know, I do remember that they were.
Speaker 1: So this was like early friendship, this of us. No, No, if you and Josh and we were I wouldn't have even like they were friendly having dinner with them tonight tonight my jealousy come. But you're I would. It's like I would go to muna with you and you would come to dinner with me. So how can we be in two places at once?
Speaker 4: We'll talk about it because I'm sort of where are you guys going to dinner? Say it on the pod for everyone to hear, like.
Speaker 1: Little Mermaid or something, Little mermaids, Little Mermaid right by here. It's in the Ville lot. I love the west villere imagine Yeah, we're going to dinner in Times Square. You fucking dork, you fucking dork ass, just kidding being on Broadway.
Speaker 2: You do have dinner, and where's your favorite Time Square dinner?
Speaker 1: We've been going to five Knapkeenburger a lot. Which is the list? You don't like it? Well, you have burger every day? No, no, no, they have so many great salads they do, yeah, they do. The actual cutest thing that has been happening is, Okay, I'm going to tell you the name of the cast. Katy finneran legend, legend, legend, Scott Foley legend. You mean, these are honestly legends. All isn't sweetest? He's so good and so and such arrange like he's an actor. They're all incredible, truly, Like I'm really, I'm really telling you this. These are three like geniuses. They're amazing and such damn sweeties. I love them. Okay. Something that has been happening is on two show days Wednesdays and Saturdays, Scott Fully's wife, Marika, who is not only hot as hell, but she's a great actress and a great person. She's so hot it's crazy. Wow, I can't look. I know, they're so hot.
Speaker 2: They're so hot, I mean house. And there was a couple of times where I looked at my said, do.
Speaker 3: You see there's a steamy little change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, totally. But so she bakes bread and I know, I know, gesture so hard. I'm corny. Anyways, she makes us lunch. She makes us lunch, she makes fresh, big bread.
Speaker 4: I think I saw you on one of these days because I saw a Saturday man there.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we were like, we're going to go have lunch all together my dressing room and eat lunch, the four of us. It's really cute. And then we just think about the show, talk about the show, we talk about everything. It's great. It's really great. It's so lovely. It's such a nice time in my life right now.
Speaker 3: Damn you you seem to have these wonderful cast casts and bonding stories because from because like I remember you were Marco poloing me from the house. That's right when you were shooting it. You were like, yeah, we all just like get together and and like each week we like watch someone's movie. I was like, Darcy is like in these perfect oh my.
Speaker 1: Roots, beautiful dog sitting on every day you meet allegendends and your legends.
Speaker 2: While you still can't wish in this.
Speaker 1: Moment, In this moment only, I wish that the podcast was a visual too. I really ish for you guys at home, reader, haities, publicist, and financial What do you think after I leave that? Now, I'm going to get a dog?
Speaker 2: You think goo after you?
Speaker 1: So that's huge. I don't know what. At some point.
Speaker 4: I'm barging the story from Deadline and Variety. You must be studio was chilling, studio loving freak.
Speaker 1: I think that would be really nice for you. I think you need it. And when you look at someone like good, when you look at someone like over there, help me look at you? My only Cyrus song. Do you think of yourself as a big dog boy? Well, I'm always like, well, in the city, you gotta get something little.
Speaker 2: But I think could pull up a surprisingly large.
Speaker 4: Do you.
Speaker 1: I think Ruth is the perfect size, no bigger than Ruth. What is Ruth? Eighty sixty seventy's Ruth?
Speaker 2: She's the first creator.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. It's like cool sculpting, getting are we so scared of cool sculpting?
Speaker 5: And I'm a lord.
Speaker 2: I'm also like does it work?
Speaker 1: And I'm a Lord. You said I'm a Lord a Lord podcast. Didn't I just text you guys the word Lord the other day?
Speaker 3: Why am I you did text this Lord the singer because you're listening to Lord and you're dressing I guess it was I'm tapping.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Bringing Lord in the dressing room is something people have great.
Speaker 1: I have something called a pre show playlist that I made for myself just help get you in the characters. Yeah, you more like hyping me up, like like getting what's what's on it?
Speaker 2: Or no, no, no, I don't mean no.
Speaker 1: This is good.
Speaker 4: This is one of those like I never leave the house without the emoji with a little smile, like the what's in my playlist smile.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say a cup. Well, I'm gonna actually not say everyone. I'm gonna like as I.
Speaker 4: Scrolled, and can I just cueue up the segment for this, Yes, this is what's on my playlist with Darcy Carden.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just going to read a couple nights Frank Ocean, silver Lining, Ryle O'kylie, Falling Water, Maggie Rogers, Desperado, Rihanna, The TF is uh as it was, Harry styles Ye, Reptilia, The Strokes, Maps, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Lemon n e r d Rihanna, Sunflower, Post Malone, It's Not Living nineteen seventy five, Bad Kid's Hair, The Cure, Lady Got My God.
Speaker 2: Comes the Cue, one of the great songs.
Speaker 1: A song that she wrote about my relationship with my dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want you. I want you to listen to the song The Cure by Lady Gaga and think of Ruth on every single line and you will weep. Ruth is you know, really works.
Speaker 4: For doctor The Cure is a big song for us because that actually was and I associate you for some time with The Cure. And the reason is I'm realizing, is because that's the trip we met Darcy when we first.
Speaker 3: Moved l D and this attic in this Airbnb, listened to it nonstock and then it was like the same week we like you came on the pod.
Speaker 1: I have great memories of that. I feel like that was so was that in like Pasadena, it was, it was, it was, it was in the valley. We had so much and not that that was the first time we had met, but that was the first time we had but like the first time we had spent weeks. Yes, but we had known each other. I know, it's weird. I can remember that so well. I can remember, like we even after the pod was off, we like sat around on the couch and watched like a Reese Witherspoon getting arrested video.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when she was saying, well, you're going to find that whos.
Speaker 1: And I just want to say that, like, I think that is like a very likable moment for her.
Speaker 2: Yes, but it tells the story of Reese in a way that's pretty explicit.
Speaker 3: Like I think it's a good Sorry, I think more highly of her because of that. Oh no, I definitely she definitely ascended for me.
Speaker 1: Yes, ascended word. Yeah. So those are cool songss. There's others, but you know those are just those are good. Those are just a little bit of a pump up, not like through the roof pump up, but just like get my energy going as I put on my own makeup and do my own hair, which is a fun little thing that you get to do and play. You do all your own do my own stuff. I put on my own eyelashes, everything. I know. It's really fun. Get better and better and also you just like have an hour by yourself alone in yourressing room to sort of like do what you gotta do.
Speaker 4: This come back to me now, Like when I was in when I did the punk rock musical version of Maroad.
Speaker 1: I came to see that, and I was.
Speaker 2: The Marquis de Sade and did come to see it, and I think he left us. I'm upset.
Speaker 1: I was mostly confused. Yeah, it was a very.
Speaker 4: I was the Marquis and there was a punk rock musicalized version of it using the original text.
Speaker 1: Okay, you you darkened your hair for it.
Speaker 4: I died my hair black and I was doing my own makeup at the time, and I just know it was fucked. Yeah, And I remember we all were pretty bad at it, to the point where we started leaning in because it looked like we had all of our skin had gone like Gangrenois because of how much makeup we were putting on. So you started doing it more like Yeah, I mean I just leaned in.
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 4: And I also remember, I was, of course at the time in college, like thinking that in order to play a dark character you had to yourself have a psychotic break.
Speaker 2: So I was also like sort of crying when I.
Speaker 4: Was doing my makeup, like really, I don't really remember why I was so upset, but honestly, if I'm being really honest, may have had something to do with drama at the department, because I was a writing student in an acting production and I remember being like, fuck everyone.
Speaker 1: That's like, that's your big drama.
Speaker 2: And I remember I had just.
Speaker 4: Seen Black Swan, so it was really sort of susceptible in the moment too, dyeing your hair black and like walking through like New York and the cold, and like thinking the camera was behind you as.
Speaker 1: Like there was just I really think at some point every actor has had that, whether when they were twelve or when they were thirty or whatever. Like you guess I was twenty one. Yeah, I feel like mine. I probably did it around then too.
Speaker 2: Yeah you have your big theatrical I did it.
Speaker 1: I did a big hair thing too. In college. My senior year, I played Sally the Bolls. Oh you played Sally Bulls. I always Sally Bols. And guess who was one of my kit kat girls, Ruthie Ann Miles. Oh my god, this is so much. So you know I know ruth from together. Yeah, really, I think she was like a freshman when I was a senior, so she you know, she should have been Sally Balls, but she was a.
Speaker 2: Fresh Have you gotten to see Sweeney?
Speaker 1: We have the same schedule. I haven't got to We have the same So that's another reason for me to stay in extra week so I can see Kimberly, I can see really.
Speaker 2: Ruth Yeah, and Sweeny, I mean Ruthy and Sweeney is.
Speaker 4: When she got nominated for the Tony I was like, thank God, it's just so cool that that role is a Tony nominated role.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and because she is doing the best version of it that i've She's she's on.
Speaker 1: A truly on another planet.
Speaker 4: She's soa her voice is so full, and it's like, especially in a show where like Josh Grobin is the lead and like his voice cuts through in such a way like her voice also just.
Speaker 2: Fills the spaces. Incredible, and she's also scary as shit.
Speaker 1: You have to see an actor. The MC was Joseph Morales, who was like the touring Hamilton and know the talent, did you give maybe this time in such a way, in such a way. But what I but what I did was I, without telling anyone, I went to the salon and had my haircut into like a little page boy like short bangs. So let me tell you my face don't work with that hairstyle. But I did not give a ship. And when I went to like the costume department slash like you know, beauty whatever department, they were like, we have a wig, yeah, but I was like no, no, no, I really needed to like feel of a character. I bet you did. I bet it helped. It only could have helped, you know what. Let me tell you something, you guys, I'm just gonna tell you something.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're talking theater.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: It was going to be my last play of my college career. I wanted to be in Cabaret so bad. It's my favorite musical. I knew there was such a good show. I knew there was no way I could possibly be Sally, but maybe maybe something, maybe a kick girl, maybe something something something, maybe this time. My Grandma Lilah, Okay, hi, Grandma Liylah. She in the mail sent me green nail polish, which is a Sally Bowls staple, and was just like, I think you're going to get this role before Oh my gosh. She had a Prophecy had a vision, almost vision like a prophecy, and then I got the role, and then I used that green nail polish every damn night. Anyway, I just it's like one of the best gifts of my entire life. That's really good.
Speaker 2: That's a monumental thought.
Speaker 1: Yes, it really to totally tote him, damn told him that. That's the title that maybe.
Speaker 4: Was there one that was already goody, because I love totally told him and you I'll tell you why alliteration, don't you just totally tot him?
Speaker 3: But that's not the shortcut to title. Yeah, it's not title that whatever captures.
Speaker 4: I think that we can all agree that we are so grateful that totally told him happened, but it is not going to be the title of that.
Speaker 1: And I think we all.
Speaker 4: Everyone listening, readers, Katie's publics, finalists, everyone, we can be happy to smile that it happened.
Speaker 1: Smiling, smiling, smile that it happened.
Speaker 2: Wait, maybe that's the title of that smile that happens.
Speaker 1: No title of that. No, don't because don't it's over. Don't cry because it's over. It happened. I like that about all my relationships. Okay, smiling really hard, smiling really because it happens. How are you doing? I mean good?
Speaker 4: You know what it is?
Speaker 1: You look hot? Do you actually think that? Yes? What did I say when you walked into the studio, bitch?
Speaker 2: That seems like an okay, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: I wasn't like you look good. I was like, god, you look good.
Speaker 4: It's nice that you say that, because, in reverse of Bowen's you know, thrusting forward at the spring in like a positive way, I have been feeling that spring springing, spring spring is daunting.
Speaker 1: To me right now?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm right there with you. I'm not going into it with like too much excitement. I'm just to wear that like it's.
Speaker 1: Sorry, but well, I will say readers, Katie's publicist finalists, these two boys sitting next to me look really fucking hot. Bowen, isn't a cutoff T shirt, sweatshirt, mona life is so fun? Very short hot shorts. I agree with you. I love short shorts on men. Please men, short legs. You have short shorts. I don't even know what you're talking about. Your legs are so to be fair, no, ship, are you kidding me? They probably? I'm sure they have their own web boys.
Speaker 4: Bring them up and I bring them up constantly, and then I look over at him and I get the sense that he's talk about he doesn't love that. I'm I feel sometimes there you can't ignore them. For example, when we were in Disney World and he is that person he walks way ahead of the group because when he decides he wants to go somewhere, he's he's going, and you have.
Speaker 1: No choice but to assess.
Speaker 4: The leg situation on you is legendary and up there with like j Lo and Beyonce, like Calves, like the Cavs situation.
Speaker 2: The leg situation.
Speaker 1: We've been calling him a lower body. Wonder. Yes, we've been singing the eighth the World One, Kimberly.
Speaker 3: It's nominated for Record of the Year, Kim Kimberly wonders, not mad for record. We're singing it live at the awards.
Speaker 1: Yes, what just happened to you?
Speaker 4: To Bowen Yang realizing that he also had a story about that song, God, my God, that was a great moment.
Speaker 2: The bone the bats of the bone reaction that he had was very similar.
Speaker 1: One got sucked into a different dimensium. I really was. But I know we always talk about Bowen's calves, but lest we forget his fucking thighs. I'm saying, lower body, wonder kill me with your thighs. I was gonna squished my brain out. Oh my god, I beg you explode my skull. I don't, I don't please. People are looking down there as the things. The woman is begging, please make my skull.
Speaker 4: She was begging for you to pop her skull with demn thighs, which qualifi.
Speaker 1: I think till her Darcy rewards, I will. I will be squeezing her with my thist okay, and you can count on that. You can bet on it, bead on it, bead on it, bead on it, bad on it. Whoa and the high school musicals don't know what, don't know what and shove it.
Speaker 2: But I support you.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: Songs in my head right now because you said Legendary prism. Wow, you know what.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that's a great album album. It's crazy that legendary levers popped into your head. I'm sorry, it's fucking insane.
Speaker 1: I'm taking it's crazy.
Speaker 4: I'm floored. Legendary clearly number thirteen on that album's track list.
Speaker 1: It's like number two in terms of quality. I'm willing to say, oh my god, that album is so good. Prism is great, It's great, it's a good readers, bab Maybe there's like a really religious song that rubs me the wrong way, but I still love it. By the grace of God. Yeah, but it's still really good. Really just trying to sing, Readers. I encourage you to listen to that album on a plane. That's a good plane album. We're just talking about albums, yes, No, like some albums just hit different, some out big plane artist for me is Radiohead. I like to listen to Oh yeah, that's on an album on a album myself now, and Rambos is good and great on a plane. Yes, but you know what I just noticed, I'm also wearing kind of a cut off sweatshirt. Yeah, okay, bitch, it's a sweatshirt. I'm wearing a sweat Oh my god, that's so god. Lie, I won't lie. A helicopter chick, helicopter my Maybe it was actually gigantic right now, I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Got can I say to go back to that time when Darcy came on the pod for the first time in LA I remember opening the door, yeah and being like and Darky was.
Speaker 1: Holding an ice coffee.
Speaker 3: It was an ice coffee or green juice, and it was an as a gay man, I feel like it's relatively not harmful that I say this, but it was just so like, Wow, this is the mo gorgeous, the most gorgeous woman. And and since since you've talked about my thousand calves, I have to say the tits were stunning.
Speaker 4: I think we I think I think we might have screamed the word, certainly because we didn't know you, but.
Speaker 1: I think we later said it in the moment you maybe did snatched away. I want to be hot tile. But you guys, this when my little sister Miranda was like a little tiny kid this glove and she called interlocking fingers, she would like reach up to my dad and be like, glovelove. Interlocking fingers is like over the do you guys prefer? I think it depends on but god, I love gloves. Interlocking fingers is so intense and yeah, intimate glove is not sustainable, Yeah glove, Yeah, but a little it's okay, mit, And I can do forever with someone and I can do forever, Oh my god. Maybe glove is like dating and is like marri I don't know.
Speaker 4: Actually, I don't think I prefer glove just because it feels more did and then also, like you do your inside of your fingers can get a little sweater.
Speaker 1: That's right, mitten is restrained. Mitten is Sarah Snook, you know, oh Snook. I love her. She's so good. I love I'd be really intimidated to meet her. I bet she's too. I bet she's too. But just sometimes when somebody is that talented and not hot, it's hard to even like be near that. Well, then what the fuck are we supposed to think about you?
Speaker 2: Then it's really easy to be around ship.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I was saying, but Darcy, wait, you guys are the hot. We don't need to we don't need to go down and think you're the highest people alive. I don't know. It was just a song.
Speaker 2: I was trying, like I'm sort of trying out songs.
Speaker 4: I should always be channeling everything I'm going through into a project and the no, that's not gonna make it.
Speaker 2: But I've been trying to get creative again, and this is the time.
Speaker 1: Are you really trying to? Yeah? I feel it. You're you are truly you have never been better creatively do you think that?
Speaker 2: So I guess what we're saying is this is three people that did a podcast episode. They're at their creative peak, not three.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna channel that three into ballow. Okay because of the strike, No, no, no, just because general move. You're just feeling a little Yeah, but that's it's not a complaint.
Speaker 4: We're we're in a precipice area. We're on the precipice of spring, and that brings things up. But I'm ready to dive in.
Speaker 1: We're diving in. We're diving in. The eclipse just happened. And then we're moving into you know, sun is semi uranus right now.
Speaker 3: Told you I don't know the planet, and and and so we're and a lot of stuff is in tourists right now, which means like slow mellow, we're figuring it out. And I feel all that very much. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Thank you to Channy Nicholas, who may or may not be on the podsuit. Sometimes she's expressed she.
Speaker 4: Reached out, talk about speaking things and to exist. Yes, how she reached she's reached out.
Speaker 1: Let's get it on. I'm saying, we're figuring it out. Oh my god, you need to get into Channing Channing Tatum, Channing Tatum, you need imagine telling someone that you know you need to get into Channing data. You wait, you would, Okay, I think I would. Wait, you did a movie with him? I did? And do you have any interaction?
Speaker 3: We had plenty of interactions because in between takes, he and I would stand backstage of this like yes, yes, yes, the auditorio, the auditorio. This is right when he was starting to date Zoe. It wasn't public yet, so he would just be like, my girlfriend showed me a lot of art.
Speaker 1: It's like really cool. I'm like, oh yeah, girlfriend. He was like, where do you live? It was like he was like, oh, my girlfriend lives here, too cute and then should be saying this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it, must piggle it st snort, and then I was just like I was just like, well, you know, like there's a lot of cool stuff. Then he's like yeah, yeah, no, I like Brooklyn is like very different. I'm like totally totally.
Speaker 2: Different, but you look number ninety nine bro different.
Speaker 1: We'll cut this out, No, no, I will. If anything, you could go beep beep, We're not cutting we're not cutting it out. I love him, I do too, okay, beep, yeah, I love and where she lives And that's actually rule of culture two hundred and seventy three. Where you live. When I listen to this, you know, weekly, I cannot help myself but say rurals.
Speaker 2: You know, that's what makes it a super rule. Like when the guest says the rule too, that makes it.
Speaker 1: I can't help it. Sit in my own home, shower or whatever. I say it aloud to no one.
Speaker 4: We encourage good because we want you to be practicing that so when you combat, then you can make the things a super rule that I'm more solidified in time and hold a higher.
Speaker 1: Eshl Nintendo game Bye, I don't know why it's super hard. Yes, our Endo game vies. It may be time for I don't Think so honey.
Speaker 2: Which is really where we channel the most rage are feeling.
Speaker 4: So if we ever have the opportunity to come together and record an episode of Lost Culturists, it is custom for I Don't Think so Honey to happen at the end of that episode. It is a sixty second segment that we take to rail and rant and rage against culture that needs to be dragged and I have something. It's sort of bigger than any I've ever done before.
Speaker 1: It's bigger. It's sort of bigger than anything I've ever done. I was looking at this guy trying to play my god Sully.
Speaker 4: This is Matt Rogers. I don't time starts now. I don't think so, honey, that skin changes over time. When I there was a time when I used to and I would have what people looked at me and they said, why I have great skin. Now it's like I go to a different location. They change locationally where I am. It's like my skin doesn't know what's happening for the first time ever. And I try to adapt to new skin practices, like using sunscreen every day, but it feels like I don't know if it's just that I'm getting a little bit older, but it feels like nothing I can do to scott my skin from aging and being affected by my surroundings.
Speaker 1: I am asking for help.
Speaker 4: I come to this podcast to reach out to everyone in the law school racist community, no matter how you identify, to reach out to me and say, hey, I'm looking at you and it looks like we might have a similar skin situation.
Speaker 2: I'm been experiencing this.
Speaker 1: This has worked.
Speaker 4: I look to you in the Houston song. I don't think, so Honey. My skin changing over time, and.
Speaker 1: That's what you need to go. I had a moment like, no, it's like when you did the the back to the thing. I just had that moment because Matt, when I tell you that was what you're going to be there. Yeah, you want to know why.
Speaker 2: It's because you were in l A for a while then came to New York and something's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely. I mean I have like a little well this isn't what you're talking, but I have a little rash on my way. I'm breaking out for some reason.
Speaker 2: My chest and neck is getting very red.
Speaker 1: I'm like itchy, skin changing, skin.
Speaker 2: Changes over time.
Speaker 1: It's so okay, okay, I'm truly like, I'm like tripping out. I'm in a different dimension. I cannot believe you said that, because I was also like, were you going to use that verbiage?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't. But like so many, I don't think so Honey's popped into my head in the last day or two, and that is what the one like, I think what I will do and maybe I should just do it right now? Is like more broad? Can you do yours now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this is the discussion topic.
Speaker 1: But this is like crazy five seven eight, This historic cards. I don't think so, honey. Her time starts now, I don't think so, honey. The passage of time. Okay, you're making me sad. It is like, and I know I only have a minute, and I'm just going to tell you. It is skin changing, its hair changing, it's parents aging, can't it's dogs dying. It's little nieces and nephews becoming bitchids. You were just with them but then being and then all of a sudden them like having a job. It's not right. How many more times in our it's best friends seeing them once a year. No, life is passing and it's only getting faster and worse. And also on the topic of skin, I'm sorry to just bump over here, but I don't think so, honey. Paper cuts and also cardboard cuts seconds, cardboard cut, Oh no, and that's one minute.
Speaker 4: So you agree, I agree that one of the elements, one of the elements changing of the guard in terms of time. In my second that gets more advanced in time exactly, we get more into the future.
Speaker 1: Every second. Our skin, Our skin is one of the things. Well, it's a visual representation also, those are like and this is what I found with my with I'm gonna just I'm going to conjure her name, my sweet, wonderful, lovely dog Penny who recently passed. We love her, We love her so much hot like watching a dog age like in rapid. It's faster than fuck. It's so fast that a dog, you know, I mean, this is the whole thing. Famously, dog's what seven years or whatever it is dog years? You know what I'm saying. It really is true, y'all. They like age fast. And watching my little puppy dog turn into like an old lady and pass in my arms up like that is that's real as fuck. And that really like puts things in perspective. And and I think there's something about like a visual representation of age, and it is babies getting older, It is our skin change. It is like seeing a wrinkle or whatever. And I think a big part of it is the lockdown, like having a couple of years of like being indoors and then coming out and being like, wow, I haven't seen this person in a year, or like things really got real as hell for me. You want to know what it was?
Speaker 4: I think that like you're talking about last like a few years, right, Yeah, So like with the pandemic, that like doesn't necessarily feel like a long time. Yeah, it feels like because things stopped and then they were so same for such a long period of time, it for some reason gets remembered as like just the pandemic and filed away, you know what I mean, and all of a sudden, like.
Speaker 2: We have come out of it and we are like three and a half years older.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. And so that I think just feels pronounced, Yes, totally.
Speaker 4: And I also think the existential questions that arise with something like a global experience anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an abstract concept. Time passing is an abstract thing that you like attach little things to, like after yeah, a certain amount of time goes by. Does that make sense. It's like like you're like, oh, three years have past. What's happened since like in that time? Oh right, like my nieces and nephews have grown up, these lives were lost, whatever.
Speaker 1: It's it's so big. It's hard to like attach that to.
Speaker 4: The blast three years because things are so things have been so slippery and also just like flat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, totally sad. I mean, I know it's been said, but it's like I do feel like in the future we will look back on this time it will be like I don't think we even we can even wrap our heads around.
Speaker 4: It, right, No, no, bizarre, And I mean it feels like what people who are realistic about the sixties are like about the sixties, you know what I mean, Like the sixties was fucked right, Like there was so much like trauma and terror that yeah, was happening at that time, and so much war and so much discord and fear and unknown that like it feels weird to be living in what you know is going to be an era that is marked by a lot of the same. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like it does make you hopeful that at least there are errors incoming that are gonna turn the page on that.
Speaker 3: But like, you know, y'all, I for some reason had this movie on my list lage tee. It's this fucking thirty minute long French movie that they made in nineteen sixty two, and it's all told in like photos and it's about how it's.
Speaker 1: Barely sounds like a movie. It's very a movie. But it's like I was like this.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm gonna watch a taste I was like, I've been watching trash. I'm gonna watch a tasteful film. Yeah, bad idea, because guess what the movie is about? This man whose last memory before like World War three started, was him at this airport. And then it's all about like people in post world where post nuclear holocaust paris trying to send this man back in time, attaching himself to memories of like the before times. And I'm like this is too much. I wasn't even stone, but I was like, this is crazy. I can't think about this. And then I start going down this rabbit hole of looking up World War three things of like it literally almost happened during the Cuban missile crisis. We literally almost all died when that happened. By like a fucking eyelash, we like averted. It isn't that crazy that I think I had to turn it off? And if I've turned it off, that means this one's going to turn it off.
Speaker 4: So here's the thing. Like this is an example of why having taste is not necessarily a good idea totally, that's what and that's little culture number eleven. Having taste is not necessarily the best idea, Yeah, because I sort of haven't watched Yeah and therefore aren't fixated on death and world war.
Speaker 3: The doomsday clock is ninety seconds to midnight, Like, right, I never would have been Yes, in sixty two it was five minutes to midnight. We're ninety closure.
Speaker 1: Than the era I just won that. Look back on this Nightmarege, I'm so sorry to do. No, you have to not to sort of give it to to the Thanksgiving play, but this is very my character yet imagine like I'm here to your character, but that is something I actually know that there's any like you know, redeemable or what like, there's no but that's like an aspirational thing that like your character has, which is like she just doesn't let her She's like, I don't want to know. I'm able to live in the bubble. Yes, and it's not it's not right, but it's okay.
Speaker 4: She'll never challenge herself, she'll never challenge herself beyond anything because it's working for But that's how we all cope, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I had to turn that sh off. We have to raise our voice. That's what I would have said.
Speaker 4: To your character is at the end. If I could talk to her, I would say, you have a voice, and you have to raise your voice. And then I would comment on her privilege, and I would say your privileged and you have to raise your voice.
Speaker 1: So if you could tell her that, I would live way in your preparation. In the moment, my god, I think I might change my whole performance tomorrow night. But keep the grape popped, the grape pop, the grape, pop the grape. Two nights in a row, A grape drip dripped on my hot like titty, my white shirt, white shirted titty, and there's like a little grape dot. And all my little castmates looked at me in the eye and then looked at my tit and then looked at me and not great to be like, you dripped again, bitch.
Speaker 2: And also just say hey, my eyes.
Speaker 1: But then at the stage door afterwards, so many people were like, you dripped on your I noticed your grape rip. You know when I cried. I went back to my dressing room and I so no, I didn't. I laughed, I took pictures, I signed autographs, and I went home. I made a goddamn cheeseburger. Oh my god, Oh my god, I want to eat cheeseburgers, so I would go for one. Oh my god, that was my moment. That that was my god.
Speaker 4: This is this is the moment, has no idea, A lot of three things cheese and together.
Speaker 1: Meat, cheese and bread. Oh my god, he said, Oh my, We've all screamed. Wait, this is something I used to do when I was a kid. Let's say it works. Oh my god, that sounds so good. You can kind of do in your hand. You're really good at it's really good song. Musical family grew up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you sounds so you sound like when Nicky mckimp Oh, I shouldn't say that.
Speaker 1: Gods.
Speaker 4: There was an iconic moment at the end of the finale where Kelly was having trouble singing and like took the microphone and said saying, I remember she didn't even just felt it out.
Speaker 2: She just made a choice. She was so on the mic yet that it was iconic.
Speaker 4: And we do also say, god, rest I was a nick McKinnon apologize, Well.
Speaker 1: What's the hologist's great?
Speaker 4: It was just she got picked on the most that season for like still being there. You know what I mean, It's like that think about American I was like one person would be bullied every year for like still being there, as if it was their decision. They were like somehow like like if John Stevens who ended up beating remember when he beat Jennifer Hudson, he was like a coroner yet it really wasn't very good and that he made it further than like Jennifer Hudson. And I remember the fandom and I was very online in front of the fandom.
Speaker 1: Was so cruel to him for being there, totally like as if he like like they got in like a fist fighter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel very spiritually connected to Nicki McKibben.
Speaker 1: And here's why. Seventh grade, my algebra teacher, Nicole Schaffner. Why are you saying her first name? We stand miss no No. I mean, like, why how do you know her? Because your teacher we called we call her missus Schaffner.
Speaker 3: And she was the best seventh grade algebra teacher we could have asked for and went and then we all campaigned as a class for the eighth grade year that she would come into this geometry, but then she was not allowed to all.
Speaker 1: So then Miss Maynard in the eighth where we like bullied the ship out of this can no. But it's not her fault. It's not her fault.
Speaker 3: Anyway, back to missus Schaffner Nicole Nicole Schaffner nay born Nicole McKibben.
Speaker 1: What and she says that her the spelling of her last name McKibben.
Speaker 3: Is extremely extremely rare mc kay I b b I an it's normally eat man I M.
Speaker 1: And they look alike, are you are you? Are you six of one? Half dozen? Name of the other? I mean you're not hold on, did you just make two like? Okay, okay, I don't have my words. I don't have my words. I don't have my words. Okay, you just compared the American idol with the algebra teacher to and also the name like you just did two connections.
Speaker 4: In his and literally we're very very god But missus Shocker was like, I'm pretty sure we're related because they looked.
Speaker 1: Okay, they looked identical and they have the same name name. She doesn't.
Speaker 4: But she fucking taught the ship out of algebra, and she made us love algebra at a young age.
Speaker 1: Is it possible that it was the same woman. Oh my god, I really think it's possible. This one is still with us. Okay, but I think it's possible that. No, I'm gonna just missus is mother. By the way, that from the second yeah you actually said it, yeah, you literally, And I.
Speaker 3: Do want to apologize on behalf of the Laredo Middle School class of two thousand and four. I apologize to Missus Maynard because we really really treat her well and she was just trying to teach us geometry.
Speaker 4: There are those teachers out there that are doing you must apology. You have to apologize to would apologize to two women right now, Ms Gillan, who taught earth science. Unfortunately, she just showed too many weaknesses for a class of people who were trying to find a sense of humor.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You told me was the teacher who would go alway, No.
Speaker 4: That was miss McDonald's who's my secondlogy? Okay, she was simply too young in an experienced to teach a difficult subject with the sixth grade math. It's like kids in math class they want to act out so bad because it's so bad.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 4: Math sucks so much, it's been said, yeah, and so when a that doesn't have a handle of the room tries to teach it, they simply a chance. And for her to stand in front of the class and say I'll wait and for one of the audience, for the audience, which is really because it was a gesture show for one kid in the class to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, kill yourself, you have to. It didn't feel good, I know.
Speaker 4: And then Miss Gillan, I will say she didn't sand a chance either. There was a day where she was taking attendance and one of my friends wasn't there, And the bit I was doing at the time was when someone wasn't there. They were like, she got to my friend Lorienne and she said Lorienne and I made noise like this, oh oh. And then Ms Gilan said what Matt, and I said, Lauren passed away. She passed away. Third period.
Speaker 1: It was like period, that is so funny. She said, that is so funny. People laughed.
Speaker 2: But again it was more my delivery probably wasn't great the second.
Speaker 4: It was so the bit I was doing that when some kid wasn't there, especially with the substitute teacher that they passed away fourth period. We're all grieving. That was something I thought was truly so funny. And this woman turned to me and.
Speaker 2: She said, that's not fun Of course she did. I knew a child that died.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure we all did. Actually, she sucks.
Speaker 4: And I said, I don't know that you made this matter, like if you like it, yeah, called.
Speaker 1: Me after you brought up a child. I actually knew a child that died. That's not funny. Okay, what did the kids say? When when you when she said, I'll wait, okay, she said, okay, I want to do this again. Ready you use that ready, that's not funny. I actually know a child that died. Okay, yes, you're so mother for that. That would have been.
Speaker 2: Terrors, horrors to these women who.
Speaker 3: I know it's hard and it would be I'm sorry, it would be women that's it sucks and that's what's gonna suck. And that's why I kind of have some sort of I humanized missus Wood a little bit because she was like, I'm not going to take any bullshit, but her crime was like inflicting upon me, who's truly doing that?
Speaker 1: I was being hammy as a ninth grader, who fucking care? She deserves bad. She deserves bad, and like, guess what, Like that's followed me into like.
Speaker 3: Adulthood, and I'm like, you mean, like it's made you who you are or it's like it's like people call me Hammy all the time and I'm like, who fucking cares?
Speaker 4: Great?
Speaker 1: Great? Great? It's that So it is. I mean, with all these things that happened to us in our childhood, there is sometimes I look back and I'm like, oh, that hurd or that felt I didn't like that. But then I'm like, oh, maybe that whatever and that made me would be able to do this, that or whatever. So maybe it was for good. But she's still wrong for doing of course, you know wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, we get better from adversity, but we're not standing.
Speaker 1: I'm not like, hey, thanks Fannel, we're all better off. No, my relatives passed away. They turned to dust, thank you. They turned because of him. You know what.
Speaker 2: On the other side of it, am I happy I got stronger?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But do I wish death on anyone that I love? No, And so for that reason I'm not standing thanos speaking fans, my husband you booked Marvel.
Speaker 2: Yes, I booked, Yes, finn As.
Speaker 4: It's actually really closer number fifty, she'll be playing finn Ass.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's this Jason and Miranda sister and husband. Oh my god.
Speaker 7: We saw this great comment on some video about the Avengers where somebody was talking about Elizabeth Olsen and the comment was beautiful powers, but why is she have to turn to dust?
Speaker 1: And we put that beautiful powers, but why does she have to turn to dust?
Speaker 4: I would ask her that. I would to ask Elizabeth. I'd be like, I just want to say, I'm a huge fan. I saw you in Multi Diverse, and I just want to say, beautiful.
Speaker 2: Power, Why it is so good?
Speaker 1: It's so good, it's so good. How would you answer that? And also I'm like trying to remember did she turn to dust? She did? Right, she did.
Speaker 2: She got crushed by a big stone when the snap happened.
Speaker 4: She should go yeah, and that was a horrible moment for her because yes, well she she was She basically was with when he was getting the stone ripped out of his head, and she feels, you know, responsible for that.
Speaker 1: She's sitting in it.
Speaker 4: And then she said her damn hands and Mama's Derivay.
Speaker 1: Disappearing, disappear, although it's kind of like, well, you feel bad, you're about to be dead, so get over it. Then she comes to and it's more hell. I know she's been through hell.
Speaker 2: That's why Multiverse manis.
Speaker 1: I was kind of like, I get it, I get it. He give her some grace.
Speaker 3: That's why, like the performance in Multiverse of Madness is perfect, because if I were her, I would be like this.
Speaker 1: I'd be like you, you get celebrated, watch everything, but I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Speaker 4: What's multi doctor Stranger, which is that I didn't want to becomes the villain. It's a big twist. It gets revealed mercifully early because then you get to just enjoy her like being the villain, bad, bad for the whole thing. And then at the end she sort of gets crushed by big rocks a temple and so it sort of open ended, like she might still be alive. She did do Elizabeth Wilsen to do a thing that was so funny on the red carpet because there was there was like there was a reporter. Maybe I said that there was a reporter asked her like an entertainment reporter. That was like, so at the end of the movie, you know, Wanda, like it looks like she dies, so do you think she'll be back?
Speaker 2: And also just looks at the girl and she goes.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, filming it. I I'm obsessed with her. And she just did a thing for death.
Speaker 4: No, no, well, love and death obviously, but she just did like a little piece which was she rewatch.
Speaker 1: I watched that too. She's so good at just watching herself and commenting.
Speaker 2: But Elizabeth Olsen I really enjoyed watching her talk about Inger Goes West.
Speaker 1: I loved hearing her talking about Ingero's West.
Speaker 2: I mean, have you seen Inger, Yes, I have.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it so good. She's so good. Yeah, it's such a great movielde ride. Yeah. Yeah, she's the best part. Do you have to do your I don't think so, honey, I do. Okay, this is a moment, really quick one, really frivolous. It's really quick. It'll only last one minute.
Speaker 2: This is bo Yang and he is about to do this. I don't think so, honey. His time starts now.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, honey. Playing solitaire on the subway on your phone? Who are you me because when I see you playing Solitaire on your phone on the subway, I go, hey, that's my thing. And then I go, well, I guess I'm not that original, then am I? And then I go, I'm just like, we're all sad people just playing Solitaire.
Speaker 1: Solitaire is the only game in town. I'm doing the clay ach and versual thing, motherfucker.
Speaker 3: And and then I think, God, isn't this just my life right now? Playing this card game solo solo on the train And that's okay. But I go, there's got to be another game to play. Maybe I better start learning how to play poker Texas. Holden, please, fifteen seconds left.
Speaker 1: I just I think I need to find I need to read.
Speaker 3: I need to read a book on the subway because I'm running out of ideas. All I ever want to do is play Solitaire. But then when I see someone else playing, and I go, wait a minute, I need to put an end to this.
Speaker 1: And that's your time. Oh that is so true. Though, when you started singing Solitaire, you knew with Clay you like you gave it a playing or something. You kind of did. M Soli the only game man he would wrap his mind around it.
Speaker 2: He would wrap his hole mouth around a dobrado.
Speaker 1: He would give you big ol'd wait. The last time I was on the show, the title of that was the name of a song of his. This is the nice Yea, which.
Speaker 4: I don't I've been awaiting for before.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, my god, him doing unchained melody americanodle, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We're talking. When I tell you, we literally literally say we did this song. I've only I only know this song because you guys sang it the last time I was on.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm telling you it's important that that building block was put there, so now you can come back totally even more advanced.
Speaker 1: Reader and were talking about Solitaire. We're going to talk about solidaire, a song by Klagen. It was a cover. He did it for Neil so Doka week, but it was Neil whole Neil Sedaka week. Are you lying? It's actually rule a culture number eight? But I okay, I think we also talked about this last time I was on. I did watch every single episode of American Idol, much longer than both of you. I watched. I watched through like the j the JLO, so I did see it. But I don't remember it. I don't remember. I don't remember the Rule.
Speaker 4: Eighty culture because you because you because you worked, work, watched the American Idol through.
Speaker 1: Sorry, did you remember it? Gold On? Now take it back and take a differ.
Speaker 4: I remember an episode where she was so distraught by having to cut someone. I believe his name was Chris long Hair. She was so distraught by having to cut someone that she broke down behind the judges table and Steven Tyler had to like comfort her, and I believe it was Harry Connor Junior too, and she was like, I just feel yeah, and they were like no, they were like, you were so kind, you were so I totally do. But there was a moment where whether or not j Loo was on display there like she was just like genuine real. I think it was just because it was she really broke down and I remember it. And that's like part of Judge culture where you had to have humanity, you had to have humanity.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: That's why Simon and Paula balanced out.
Speaker 1: But that's why Simon, we don't look back on with the same fund. We don't. You know, yeah, you know, I don't. I don't.
Speaker 4: I think that he occupied a space in the culture, in the in the mono culture, that's undeniable. But I also think that the not even just comment culture, that it standardized for everyone but the negative totally.
Speaker 1: And it also is very of that time, like that is.
Speaker 4: That was it was perfectly hands with the tabloid culture at the time, which is, let's look at this person trying and knock them down just because that was ugly. It was very misogynist, very deeply racid racist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was an ugly, ugly time and it felt icky, you know.
Speaker 4: Jennifer Hudson like at the time, she said that one of the things that they were telling her at the time was she was wearing her hair like naturally big, and then they started straightening it and she started doing better in the competition.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. I do feel like there's like could be the deepest dive into race on America. Let's let's do the documentary. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember thinking about the time, I like Borrow, that's really good.
Speaker 4: And do you know like Borrow, one of the things he does is can you make a point that you believe in? Yeah, And so there were these moments of racism on American idol.
Speaker 1: It kind of feels like he's always like falling down a hill. He's like, is the you guys have him on the pod? What a guess. I don't know. He would hate it.
Speaker 2: I think that we wouldn't necessarily meet nathetically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would like to know off camera who is the biggest of those worst guest judge, But I just want to know. I wonder if I even have a guest I don't.
Speaker 4: Think I do, but I would sonically connect on like sonically or psychically connect right now who the worst guest ever was?
Speaker 2: Just look at me my eyes.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh interesting, Oh I know who it is? Huh huh interesting? I mean I think that yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Should we say it and bleep? It?
Speaker 5: Scared?
Speaker 1: Because God forbid? Because what if AI or computer gets to a point where they can go back into every podcast ever and remove a beep? They can remove the beep and better that is gonna happen.
Speaker 2: That is gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Everything redacted will be made, will be brought to the Like wait, what was the fucking New York Times thing?
Speaker 3: Like the Bad Art Friend thing where like they were like subpoenaing the texts about like them like talking about this one that freaks me because I'm like, like, we're.
Speaker 8: All toasts, We're all buttered toast, We're all crispy toast that you wouldn't even eat if you were starving, because it's too I'm not eating that.
Speaker 1: Make me another What do you put on toast? One two three?
Speaker 4: J J?
Speaker 1: What do you put on a bagel? One two three? Cree cheese? I want to step further, I said plane. I know that's true, that's true.
Speaker 2: I like vegetable, creepy.
Speaker 1: I love that world. I love it. I love it. I love it. I'm like a I'm like a saltysh like everything. Bagel. Oh my god, right now bagel, Right now, he's going to I want he's going where you getting from? Where you get it from five seven eight.
Speaker 4: Court Street Diner, because that's that's where that's Oh my god, that's a great diner.
Speaker 1: Where you live. I want people to want them. I want the mack who lives at Court.
Speaker 2: Street in Queens. I've told people I live in the Holand City.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people, people, where where I live? You don't know where I live, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I feel like there's a lot of energy in that.
Speaker 1: Ruth needs to go. Ruth needs to go.
Speaker 2: Even when I said that, they didn't look me up.
Speaker 1: I know that means. And that made me feel like, is given't it like when we do this and we get on Mike and we press record in an hour, two hours have passed. Isn't it crazy that like we haven't even scratched the circle.
Speaker 5: Oh we have. No.
Speaker 4: We were saying that, well, the ideal was that we would have this and then go like to some sort of celebration where there was imbibement. And now you're saying that could potentially happen because you're getting dinner with them when in an hour and a half, Really, okay, maybe my meeting will be quick and I'll we'll come meet up and then because we're going to link up anyway before moona.
Speaker 1: Tonight, Yes, going all the way to GfK, going to Germinal five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the way to Terminal five, which is not not as great a venue as LaGuardia, but still there.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have what did you say?
Speaker 2: I would perform my debut album.
Speaker 1: At ye wait. I can't wait wait, speaking of I just want to just quickly just drop into months ago seeing your Christmas show live and how fucking incredible it was.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: It was just such a good night. I went with my dear sister Miranda. We had so much fun. You were such a fucking star. Abominable talent. What does that mean that that's the opposite of talent. I think it means and also say the word for me abominable, and that means snowman. I think that when we.
Speaker 4: Think contract the word abominable, we think of the snowman. Here's the thing I think that does mean in this in this case, that bad, but also like.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you know you, I think indomitable, indomitable.
Speaker 4: If if a reviewer had come to my show and said abominable, I would have pulled it and put it on the Abominable New.
Speaker 1: York And it was. It was, It was so good. I just love. I'm so blessed in my life to have friends that are literal geniuses and I get to watch their genius on display, and I'm pointing at both of you. It's such a It's truly, it's one of the best parts of my life that I don't get to just watch great art or whatever. I get to be friends with the people that are It blows my mind. Actually, it's the best gift of my entire life.
Speaker 4: That is so kind and obviously it is the same, just returned immensely and immeasurably. I mean, and like I immediately can't you are abominable, thank you, And that's my review, abominable. But please understand, I am meaning that it's great and everyone should go check it out. It runs until eleven, so there feels like there's a solid month plus to go see this.
Speaker 1: Get your and today ticks dot com connection, so absolutely, because that's your that's your your commercial. We do do we do have a deal with Today's Okay, I have a question. What's up with sometimes commercial and sometimes just the sound and then right back into the show. I don't know. I don't think.
Speaker 4: Well, that's way above my page. Yeah, that's where we start to get into the engineering aspect of it all.
Speaker 1: So strange.
Speaker 4: I just let these masters and these I feel like when like Nicole Kidman is talking about the crew, I just I just I just let them do it, you know what I mean, Like Patty Lapone in a big show, like what doesn't get talked about is the craft behind the people that put the ads in the episodes.
Speaker 1: Do you know that I think Patty Lapone has my favorite singing voice of all time. Oh yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Should we all sing a song in the style of her in order to end the podcast? Okay, what's a great song that that that deserves its moment? On Lost Caulteresa sung in the style of Patty lapon What.
Speaker 1: Was what was on this playlist? Green light in her look? And then then you go, hey, tag off your phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah,