Speaker 1: Hey, that folks. It is Sunday, August ninth, and we have just gotten an update on Perez Hilton. And in that update, his family is asking the public to give his kids something he was accused of not giving a lot of celebrity kids over the years, privacy. And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. We should start with I guess the update ropes. He's still in the hospital, still recovering, but it sounds like he's got a little ways to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: According to the latest reports, his family has said that yes, he's been stabilized, but that he actually suffered such severe injuries that he is actually going to need surgery. So they say he lost a lot of blood and had additional injuries. Not quite sure what those are, but yeah, since he has to have surgery, so he's going to be in the hospital just physically for his condition for a while.
Speaker 1: And he's in the hospital now and is remaining in the hospital involuntarily, if you will. Now we don't have exact word from him, but he's being held there under a specific law we'll get into in a moment, a specific Florida law that allows people to be held yes against their will if they are possibly a mental health threat to themselves. I guess everybody remembers this was. Oh my goodness, we're not even a week ind this was last Tuesday night, this happened. We wake up to the news. His name is trending all over the place, thinking what the hell was going on in Ropes. It was a scary scene that a lot of people saw online.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unfortunately I saw more than I wanted to see. I don't know how long I lasted, maybe thirty seconds, but it was right out of a horror movie. It was really difficult to watch and to see other people who were watching along with him and begging him to stop. And he was literally covered head to toe in blood, and he had a knife in his hand and he was cutting himself.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was awful night. Authorities got to the house robes and I don't have a full understanding of what's you understanding of who was in the house with him at the time.
Speaker 3: From what the family said, it sounds like there was his sister and the children, and so there were like I believe two adults possibly and then his three kids. And oh and there was a cousin visiting too. Like I had a nephew or a niece. It was basically family and the adults got the kids out immediately or as soon as they could once they saw what.
Speaker 1: Was going on. So, yes, authorities went that night in Robes that you've been explained why they weren't going in right, They were trying to de escalate the situation and we're trying to talk to him and talk him out of it. They didn't just go in and go after him. So this was a situation that went on for a while, but they finally got him in an ambulance. He ends up in the hospital and yes, of course there was some type of mental health break going on, so he remains in the hospital. We just got the update Robes from his family. They gave us an initial one just saying thank you for your thoughts, your prayers. He's being looked after this update Robes. Yes, there's an update about his health. But it seems like they wanted to get a message out about the conversation that's been happening in public about what happened to him.
Speaker 3: Yes, and so this was we can go ahead and just read you the family statement.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: They begin with there are many false and inaccurate reports circulating in the media regarding Perez and the circumstances surrounding this situation. We want to confirm that Perez remains hospitalized under Florida's Baker Act. That's what you just referenced. His communication has been extremely limited and confined to immediate family, medical providers, and others directly involved in his care. He has not communicated with the media or issued any public statements to that.
Speaker 1: It is a little confusing. There is some video he had from several months ago. I don't think it was years of another hospital state.
Speaker 2: He was in the hospital. Yes, it was a few months ago.
Speaker 3: He actually had a sepsis issue, I believe there he had some bacterial infection that became life threatening and he was in the hospital for three weeks. Yes, and that's where you'll hear him talk about finding God and reading the Bible. And he did have a lot to say following that hospitalization. Who's very vocal about it. All right, So they go on to say Perez's condition remains serious but stable.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, excuse me.
Speaker 3: The only statements regarding Perez that should be considered credible and authorized are those published directly on Perez Hilton dot com.
Speaker 2: They wanted that to be clear there.
Speaker 3: Are false reports out there about him making a statement, so they directed people only to his website. Then they said Perez's condition remained serious but stable. He experienced significant blood loss and sustained additional injuries that will require surgery in the coming days. His treatment and recovery will be a long process. We are grateful that Perez was able to spend time with his mother and sister yesterday. As our family remains focused on Perez's treatment and recovery, we also need the space and privacy to care for everyone affected by this situation.
Speaker 1: Can we stop?
Speaker 2: Oh the irony?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh the irony. You don't want to get on to them for it, and they should be able to ask for that and they deserve it. That's tough for a lot of people in the stomach that particular sentence, and not for me. I understand where people are coming from, but yeah, you don't want to throw it in their faces. But that's what it just, Yes, ropes the irony of someone now in a desperate, terrible situation that's playing out publicly. Yes, And you want to do this and to heal in private, and he just didn't give it to countless people. And right now he deserves it, baby, no matter what he did in the past, and he deserves it as a public figure. He does.
Speaker 3: But holy hell, one can hope that this will be the irony won't be lost on him. One can hope that this look he had already in the last several years said he was making changes, He regretted being so mean, but that is how he rose to fame, and he certainly leaned on it for decades, or at least for many, many, many many years. You and I both have been the subject of some of his cruelty, and so yes to then look, and we've been in that situation. We understand where he's coming from, where his family is coming from.
Speaker 2: But then do no harm. Then you have to own what you did. You have to.
Speaker 3: I just think hopefully this will be an unbelievably.
Speaker 2: Significant teachable moment for him. But here's the next paragraph.
Speaker 1: From the family. And they bolded this next line, by the way, this next parent.
Speaker 2: I thought you bolded it.
Speaker 1: I did not. They did on the website.
Speaker 3: So this is the thing they want each and every one of us to take away more than anything. There is absolutely no reason for members of the media or the public to remain outside side the family's home. We again respectfully ask members of the media to leave the home and surrounding area, stop following family members, and cease photographing Perez's children. We also ask photo agencies not to purchase, publish, or distribute any photographs of the children that may have been taken.
Speaker 1: It's right, they should. They deserve this, The kids deserve this. That is all understandable. Man, that's just to be in this position now is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: If only he had extended that same respect.
Speaker 1: Baby. That's all to others, that's all. And it's not every part of that right because they know how this works, and folks will purchase these photos that guys are jumping out of bushes to get. And that's why they're jumping out of bushes, because they are of value. And they're asking everybody in that whole ecosystem to not participate. That's touff.
Speaker 2: It is tough.
Speaker 1: That is it's unbelievable that this level of irony is showing up.
Speaker 2: It actually is like jaw droppingly shocking.
Speaker 3: And then they went on to say for more than a decade Perez Hilton dot Com has maintained a no kids policy, meaning the site does not publish photographs of children unless they are attending a public event or their family has chosen to make those photographs public on social media. Notice the for more than a decade, look.
Speaker 1: Okay, around more than two decades.
Speaker 2: He's yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: Perez's children remain safe and are being cared for by immediate family. Please allow them and the rest of the family the peace and privacy they desperately need during this incredibly difficult time. Thank you for your continued support, compassion, and understanding.
Speaker 1: I think it's all of that is fine. It's all of that is okay, babe. All of that is exactly what they should be asking from the public and what they deserve. I do believe all of that is true and he deserves or despite how he behaved all those years. Ropes do unto others, right do unto others.
Speaker 2: This is the moment.
Speaker 3: It's easy to be kind and respectful to people who are kind and respectful to you.
Speaker 2: That's easy.
Speaker 3: The part where, yes, where you lean on your faith or your moral compass, is when it's hard. That's when you have to still do the right thing. And this is exactly one of those moments.
Speaker 1: It's this moment. This is the one robes and I know it's hard for a lot of people, including some celebrity kids who are also commenting on this story. We will share that in just a moment. But the Baker Act, I did want to explain what that was. They mentioned it in There is just a law down there that allows them to hold somebody for seventy two hours against their will. They need to if they display certain violent or suicidal signs of mental illness. I meant to look up how many states possibly have something along these lines, but they have it there in Florida, which allows them robes. He meets all the criteria they listed three He met all of them.
Speaker 2: But seventy two hours is not that long.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously he's in the hospital also for his physical injuries. But it is interesting that they made the point to put that in the press release that he's being or he is in the hospital via the Baker Act. So they're basically that's letting us know he's there against as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know when the clock started either on that seventy two hours, because like you said, he needs to be in the hospital, no matter what his physical injuries. How long after that? When does that clock start? But stay with us, folks, We did mention there are some people who have long memories, robes of how Perez Hilton talked about them or talked about their kids. And we are hearing from some of them, and Robes one in particular, who is showing us the way how even when somebody has wronged you, you still extend them a little grace Stare. We continue here on Amy and TJ getting the updates from the family of Perez Hilton, his condition in the hospital and also asking having a request Robes that they leave his kids alone. The kids he had three, has three kids, single dad, Yes.
Speaker 3: Sarah Dad, Vias, Sarah gat. He had three children. Not sure of their ages, but I'm fairly certain they're pretty young.
Speaker 1: I think they're middle I saw a picture. I think I thought they were middle aged, middle school ageg.
Speaker 3: So okay, so middle school age, maybe just young tweens and old enough to know what's going on, old enough to know how scary it was, and certainly old enough to understand when people are trying to take your picture.
Speaker 2: That's tough, know, anyone who.
Speaker 3: Has been in that position, and we certainly have you know, take my picture all you won't believe my kids out of it.
Speaker 2: Understand that.
Speaker 3: But the problem is if you're dealing with someone who spent and absolutely made a living off of doing that very thing, it's tough to.
Speaker 1: Hear it is. And Rose he was apparently over the years, really awful. I don't remember a lot of this stuff, but really awful to people. I mean sexual. He's been accused of sexualizing, Yes, the children of some celebrities robes when they were very young, pointing things out about how they dressed and whatnot. I did not know how bad some of this stuff was, and a lot of it doesn't need to get repeated, but we're going to share something in particular here from one of those young ladies. She is an adult now, but you knew the name as soon as I said I wouldn't have recognized her.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, Ireland Baldwin. She's the daughter of Alec Baldwin and Kim basing her. And I just know it because al like Balder, remember all the trouble he got into about leaving that voicemail.
Speaker 1: Which his daughter Piggy That was.
Speaker 3: Ireland Baldwin and so look, and she'd had photos taken of her from the moment she was born. She was always i mean two of the you know at the time world's most beautiful Hollywood stars. Hav a gorgeous blonde hair, blue eyed baby girl.
Speaker 2: And yes she was. Her picture was everywhere.
Speaker 1: And she remembers that. Robes and so she has posted something on Instagram since all this went down with Perez Hilton. Now there have been some other messages out there. I won't share. People still going after him for what he did, and again, like you say, pointing out the irony, but she took a different tact and Robes, I applaud her for how she handled this.
Speaker 3: You know what, she is a kid who has handled a lot of crap in the public eye, and it's you know, instead of it breaking her, it looks like it built her into a pretty remarkable young woman, because she'd have to be to write something like this. You said it actually brought tears to your eyes.
Speaker 1: Because I talked to you about this ahead of time. I don't even know if we decided to put this to do an episode or not, but I said, Babe, this is the moment like we need to extend, like immediately, I think, Wow, this is a test for us all that we have to extend something to this guy he didn't do for anybody else. He was vicious, vicious, vicious he was. But does that now mean we're supposed to give it back to him? No? And this is a perfect example example Ropes of doing unto others, and you have to do it sometimes, Robes, when it's inconvenient.
Speaker 2: And that's when the test is.
Speaker 3: As you pointed out, that is when you actually do have to do the right thing, when it's hard, when it's not easy, when it would feel so good to do the opposite, to give it right back to him, right. No.
Speaker 2: Ireland Baldwin posted this, and this.
Speaker 1: Is just beautiful.
Speaker 3: Perez Hilton has publicly humiliated my family for years, sexualized me from a young age, commented on my weight and body as a child, made unforgivable comments about people in my family, drew gizz coming out of my mom's and friends mouths, and has always been a despicable human being. But his children deserve better and a healthy father, and I am so sad for all of them.
Speaker 2: I hope he gets the help he needs and heals.
Speaker 1: Wow, Robes, it's more powerful hearing just how painful it was and some of the crap they went through. So despite this, and she used like awful examples yes, and then turned they deserve and I thought she was gonna leave it at just focused on the kids, right right, they deserve the end there say the last.
Speaker 2: Part, his children deserve better and a healthy father.
Speaker 1: And a healthy father. That's a nod Robes to be able to say I wish him well, a guy that brought this much harm to me and my family.
Speaker 2: That's hard to do.
Speaker 3: That is very hard to do because it is deeply personal, that's correact.
Speaker 2: And this is a girl who.
Speaker 3: Yes, had people weighing in on her, her whole life and her weight, yes specifically, and that's you know, oh so such a no no now right, But she went through it, and he was a huge part of the ridicule. So I think we can all learn from Ireland Baldwin. What an awesome, awesome thing to put out there. And I do appreciate that she wanted to acknowledge what he said and even despite that, just to remind everybody, because I do think we forget just how vicious he was.
Speaker 2: And then to say in the same breath. I hope he gets the help he needs.
Speaker 1: I wanted to bring you that update, Robes on a story that, as awful as it was initially, has given us things to talk about, giving us lessons themed to learn about self harm. I did no videos were all over the Internet and people were doing I had no idea. And now thank you miss Ireland Baldwin for showing us how it's done. And with that, we appreciate you spending time with us on TJ. That's my dear Amy Robot. We'll talk soon.