Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast easy? Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 2: My graduates from my school being false back Drop bag Drop Mike, drop bag drop drops.
Speaker 3: This episode of Ernie Leisha is brought to you by McDonald's, probably serving community since nineteen sixty five, McDonald's is more than just a place to get tasty, affordable food over the years has become a staple in our community. It's the place you're guaranteed to see teammates after a big game because everyone is headed to Mickey D's win or lose when I stop in for my morning breakfast of three hot cakes and a hash brown. Seeing students using the Wi Fi for their social media is all part of the routine. It's become the epicenter of the community. Whether it's gathering for a birthday party and we've all been to a McDonald's birthday party, or the place that someone receives their first job. McDonald's grows with its patrons, which makes it the go to place generation after generation McDonald's.
Speaker 4: I'm loving it all right, guys, welcome back, e y L. Still in La. Yeah, still on our run.
Speaker 3: Man. This is a legendary one.
Speaker 2: This is something that just came about. I'm extremely excited about it. We're gonna have a lot of fun this time to LA and why edition of course, New York invaded La. So yeah, the good brother Shiggy pulled up on us yesterday, hit me in the DM slid in my dam crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm like, whoa, whoa where?
Speaker 4: Like where you're at? Bro I'm like what.
Speaker 3: He said, Shiggy other way.
Speaker 5: I already had the drop already, so I already knew you were. I'm just glad you hit me back right away. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Now, if you you know obviously, if you on Instagram, you know who she is. Man change the game a whole lot as far as you see a bunch of Instagram comedians now. And I feel like he was a pivotal part in that. Of course the Drake dance, of course all of the other stuff. So this is gonna be an interesting conversations. Shaggy dance to the Drake, So my bad feelings, that's the fact.
Speaker 4: That's the fact.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna have an interesting conversation about content creation, his journey, advice for comedians, his next step of his career, all of that. So first and Foremo, thank you for joining us, brother, Thanks.
Speaker 5: For having me, even though we had a long conversation already, so appreciate you. It might be back for another long conversation. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Where Queen's come in the building.
Speaker 5: We know that you know you you go with the watch on. It's a little it wasn't my size and take a link out of a song. Now I gotta get into my jewelership. But it's so good, let's get into it. Brow this. Howd this start for you?
Speaker 4: Bro? How did this? How did this start?
Speaker 5: The whole Instagram thing altogether? You just from the from the top. It just basically started for me, Like I wasn't in school. I went to BMCC. I mean, yeah, I went there. You said it start here, go anywhere. So that's a.
Speaker 3: School model, you really believe?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it makes sense now because I did a lot, you know what I'm saying. I always said that. So I was in school, but I wasn't really doing too good in school. And then I worked a job and I kind of sort of I just lost my job and the way I think about to lose my job, and the Instagram just came along with the videos I was trying to get on vine, but I could have never catched the wave of the six seconds when Instagram came out. And then I just started doing it and it got crazy.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: The first video got viral for me. It wasn't even a funny video. It was kind of more like a serious video about what's basically I say, if if so I was saying, like, if I'm talking to you, if I'm texting you, right and you say we're just talking, don't tell you. It's so stupid, so stupid. But it's basically like saying when girls like oh, I used to talk to but it was just like you told me we was just texting. So it's just like, don't tell your friend that we're talking. You told your friend some stupid shi which it makes no sense right now because I can't explain it to us too much. But it went crazy because relationships, you know, relationships crazy all the time. You know, I'm saying, like I was always give relationsip advice. You know, I'm saying, been released for like yeah, so I always give that. So if anybody need any help with that, cosy thanks. So I started there. You know, fab is a posting one of my videos of how I'm a clown video and I'm Crazy in the City. Yeah, Shoka shoku, Yeah, you don't get a copyright.
Speaker 4: I'm a clown. I'm a clown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that back then, that's what like wheah was that fifteen?
Speaker 5: That's what back then, when you get like a celebrity, it meant something. Let you go with mean, yeah, you get a celebrity shout out back then, like your following would just like shoot up, like twenty thirty k. You know what I'm saying. So like he helped me out with that. He got my following going crazy. And then I used to do everything bits and bits with myself for my friends, do a little skits every now and then and just.
Speaker 2: Kind of that's when he was in the basement with the friend in the basement. You know what I'm saying, that Jesus Sandals he was. You know what I'm saying, he was tapped in for back then.
Speaker 5: A lot of times people don't they forget it's a disconnect from like because I did the the drake and my feelings thing. A lot of people like forget about how much things I used to do before that. I used to do a lot.
Speaker 3: There was a lot a lot. I thought one day he was going to hurt your leg the way he was.
Speaker 5: I was sturdy, you know what I'm saying. I always had strong legs. I used to have o d hops back in the day. I used to tell my man, I used to be able touch him in eighth grade.
Speaker 4: What happened now?
Speaker 5: My legs were bad. I had tried to kick somebody one time then I missed, you know what I'm saying, my knee, like I think it discolocated. But I never went to the doctor, so I probably got like a torn a c l.
Speaker 3: Just on the humble just touch rim. None happened.
Speaker 5: Actually I got hops now.
Speaker 2: But that's a valid point that you break. As far as people don't see, everything is worked, no matter what it is, like you know what I'm saying, like, how much work do you put in the content out as far as like your videos, you just film a video or is it? Like I don't like that, Let me do it again, let me edit it. Let me see this angle? What's the what's the okay?
Speaker 5: Angles really don't matter to me. That's like I look like crazy in their face. So I don't really care about angles too, you know what I'm saying, enlightening and stuff like that. So it's got giggling. Man, I'm ugly. Yeah, see see that right there is like me embracing, not me being ugly. But it's just like but like everybody in my comments, they be like, damn you ugly. You there, you ugly. You never got a haircut, So I just went under dream and she's like, yo, I'm ugly. People probably really think I'm ugly, but I was really just trying to express myself in a different way, and I was tearing up. I was crying, yelling and screaming. So a lot of people like me for that then, and I got like like sad, people like like, oh damn, feel sorry for him. But now I don't think I'm ugly. I feel like I'm smooth. I got a lot of things going for me, but with content, I just feel like, uh, that's how I go about it. I get something in my head, like an idea, like a quick just like, uh, damn, I hate when girls be like you ugly, and then that's it starts for dead. That's it. That's all that's in my head. And then I start doing the video and then she just start popping out. It's just like a freestyle, just not popping up, popping up, popping out. And the real roar is that first time I probably post it, but you know, every time again you post it and you mess up, and then you post it again, but then loses this flavor every time every time, So after I post it too many times, I'll be like, nah, let me just get this back again. When I when I'm really in that mood, you know what I'm saying, compared to me forcing it because I got the idea in my head. So that's why it's very important to write you know what I'm saying because it'd be moods times when it's like when I'm in a good mood, I post like I could post like three or four videos back to back to back to back to back, like I know pretty sure you do the interviews, you might do anythings back to back to back to back. One thing I'd be having trouble is like like curying how I post you what I'm saying because it's like, Okay, one week, got this, this, this, this, because it be moods of times. But I'll be like, I'm not even mood and I'm not in the mood. Moment moments be longer than my I'm in the moved moments. It'd be like a couple of weeks and my friends got to be like, there, what's up? What it was like I'd be in the zombie like in my feelings, I'd be like I want to do nothing and I gotta And when I'm in that mode, and I'm happy I post four videos of everything, Like damn, I could have posted at four videos throughout the month instead of me trying to post all four videos and they be like, yeah, I see you going crazy because videos on the grand they don't last. Song next day is something new, you know what I'm saying. That shit is hard to like every day you got to create content or I'm just trying to figure out, like on a weekly basis, something strong enough that could create. That's what I'm trying to work on, Like more substantial content, you know what I'm saying, longer content.
Speaker 3: You're c you know this in your head, you're not writing the scripts because I think you were probably one of the first people I've ever seen that had the multiple voices in the video, three or four different characters.
Speaker 5: I used to play like everybody and I but back then I used to literally switch up because before you used to be able to cut you shoot this, switch put a hat on, sits just do a girl, a little bun, a little stupid like like what's it called would you wash your body with whatever?
Speaker 3: Talking about you.
Speaker 5: Know walls clock, No, that's not what's it called? Alave louva louvo, something like that put that I used to put that I used to do, like, used to be so vivid. I used to play like my like a step pop. I don't got to step out. I got my father in my life and my mom's so I used to play like a character. I play a step parts, yoking up myself. So I used to be at a camera like this with my other hand sleep poles. I used to go really crazy. That's what like. Back then, people be saying like, damn, you need to go back to that, because I just don't. You don't realize how much like you was into it. You know what I'm saying now that I didn't realize. Sometimes I look back, it's like, nah, I used to be really really funny, Like certain things I used to do is just like damn, like you never.
Speaker 3: Thinking about how I'm thinking about some of my favorite joints. So I think, where's the inspiration coming from? Because while you're talking, I'm thinking about when you used to be in the window people walk by.
Speaker 4: Like what's the chronicles?
Speaker 3: Where'd you get it from? Like there's something that you saw, like maybe a comedian who had did something in the same sort you like I can throw my own twist to this.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie. Sometimes I think I'll be crying a lot of things I do. But then you some things be embedded in your mom from years ago. You've probably seen it your member. It's like called suppressed memories, I guess, and you bringing forward so you know, sometimes people be like, oh, you copied me, Like I don't know, Like Mare and Lawrence is like one of like my biggest influences and stuff like that. When I do things, that's like, but I don't know who's influencing me. I just do things. I'm funny. People like, oh shit, you mind me and mar And it's like, damn, I do. I think I'm just being myself. So I forguess like mariin like helped me out with that. And then the hood thing is just like certain things and conversations that people say around me, like right now, like I'll be able to take what I learned here today and just do a whole skit about it. You know what I'm saying. It's y'all life, but I'm just here embracing it, you know what I'm saying. So it would be my girl too. I'd be having certain things, I'd be like, I'm here living it, living it too, so I'm just seeing things like in a freaking like comical way, because you know, everything could be taking as funny anything, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this, So, at what point do you I, you're doing the videos, you're funny obviously, do you ever think like y'all could actually make money out of this? And then like when you realize you could, how did you turn that into a business?
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, I was lucky, like because my I was lucky because for me it wasn't crazy money, but like it started off for like little parties and hostings stuff like that when people want to see you come. Like I used to go to colleges and I used to hold so shows and like Queen's College for a couple of hours, and like it started early. As soon as I got lit, I was able to make some money off of like being places. So for me, it started like real real early, but starting to make it like business wades. It's like I don't know, I don't really know, but for me, it started early, like people was offering me like one hundred two hundred dollars to do something four hundred dollars to that's me coming from like a regular nine to five where you get paid two hundred dollars for working really hard, compared to me just doing something like what you want me to come on stage and talk full five minutes and to get off and let somebody else and then come back Like it was like hell, yeah, let's do that. So for me, it started early with the being able to monetize off myself, but then as you go through along, like more people start getting involved with the Instagram thing because a lot of people didn't know or see like the value and what Instagram. For me, I was like a couple of us started like twenty thirteen to twenty fifty years.
Speaker 4: Half boys start together, Nah I started.
Speaker 5: I was doing my videos before Fat but we started like twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: I feel like now the battle Yeah, it was going crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah's nah. I was like Fat Boy a beast, though I aint gonna lie he a beast because he's one of those people that kind of like started getting people together in his videos because he brought me and Queens swip together. He was doing a lot of collapse linker with people. Me I was doing my thing with my friends and in my basement by myself. I was doing like a lot of my content by myself. I feel like you could be way more yourself. When you buy yourself, you don't got to worry about connecting with people. And just like it's like doing the feature on the song. We just like, let me just do my thing and you do your thing. That's why I love the most. I'm saying, you want to do my class. I just don't tell people what to do. I'd be like, yo, yo, be you. I'm gonna be me, and it's gonna make sense. It's gonna work because nobody's trying to be something else that they're not. You know what I'm saying. That's like me coming on here talking dad, y'all trying to be funny. It's gonna be funny when you just yourself and I'm just me now, y'all comical, y'all funny. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: So as far as like when when did you really like hit the stride and like become a star. Was it before the Drake? I feel like it was before Drake, and Drake just kind of took you out of Yeah, you really like, Yo, this is this is bigger than just you know, local party.
Speaker 5: I feel like twenty seventeen I was coming into that before that was like a local like people knew me for twenty seventeen. Coming to twenty eighteen along like the whole year, like I was doing like dope things. I went to like Diddy Party to start the year, So I was like a good way to start the year off compared to like being to being like I'm doing drinking, like what's it called?
Speaker 6: Like this is.
Speaker 5: I'm drink what's it called? Like apple cider with my parents? Yeah, Minal, I'm bringing that with my my parents, bring the New Year's I'm sure my girl yeah, with my cat's chilling, it's not. And then when yeah we had Diddy Crab Party, It's like damn. Like in that year I went to Vegas, I was moving around crazy, and then I had to stephen A. Smith before the drink thing, like right before. So that's like that got me over. I just reached a million followers and I was on the grim like I was always like kind of like underrated. A lot of people knew me, but my following wasn't going up as fast as a lot of people that was in my space. I used to be like, damn, wh I'm gonna get verified, when I'm gonna get a blue chair, wh I'm gonna get a million follow us because my father used to go slow. Then I had a million in June, like a couple weeks later, I did the stephen A. Smith that was on ESPN Going Crazy, and then like a week after that, I did the Drake Thing. So twenty eighteen, seventy seventeen to eighteen, it was like really really big, Like I remember I was in La one time twenty fifteen. That's when my face call was up though, like a lot of celebrities know, we was outside. It was that club playhouse when John wools Shall we pull up in the spot like it was lit man. It's good, it's lit man.
Speaker 2: So like did did Drake thing. That was just completely organic. You're just doing it and you just did the dance, just hear the song and just put it up and yeah pretty much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yo, that right there is kind of funny because when I did it, like when you do something videos, it's just like with that you think, like yo, if I get Drake the repost, it's like, you know how you think on the grands, like if I get some gig flogs and people to pick it up and repost it, I'll be able to make my money because that's going to be able to people, brands and stuff gonna see me working and stuff like that. But I never knew what's gonna get that big. But ob j he the one that he hit me up. He was like, Yo, I'm about to do that dance. I'm gonna do your dance and he he was like, and I was like, yo, he sent me it. I was like, all this valet, you're gonna do that. He's gonna do it again. He just posted it. I even know do the shiggy, that's the most important thing that and that's why I feel like June Bug is able to do it and run around to his name is attached to it. So when do the shig is like shaggy, shaky, shy. So everybody was tagging me, so my follower was going up, going crazy, going crazy doing it. I would be posting the videos and that thing went bigger than I ever would manage. Because when I did the video, I was just like I did it twice. I was like, I was so tired I was just like, you know, just posted up. My friend was like you su I was like, Noah, I forget it. It's just like it's whatever. It's a dancing video's always gonna hit because all my dancing videos do good numbers, you know what I'm saying. And I was just thinking of a number, I asked. Not really a business thing.
Speaker 3: So what was that called? Like when when when OVERO team reached out to what.
Speaker 5: Was that called?
Speaker 3: Said? What was it called? Like?
Speaker 5: Oh nah, you know it is what I sent. I sent it to Drake. So he was always like having a conversation the DM, like because he followed me from from before, like he posted one of my videos back in the day too, like what I did the more like when he dropped more Life, so I did some little more life like whatever would Jamaican thin? So yeah, so he is in a conversation, so I know a lot of things, like what was happening as far as that the video, Like the video turned around was fast as hell. He was already talking about video. It was crazy. It was like fast, Like I was like, nah, I thought I had to tell you, like yo, you should do this. He's like, yeah, we're only on it like his team is, so it's valid though, you know what I'm saying. That's why you can see why he's so successful. Is a great team. That's why team and supporting. I feel like y'all got a good establishment of people around y'all too to make the thing you got.
Speaker 4: That's the fact. That's it. That's the fact.
Speaker 2: That's what I asked you estay as far as your team, and I wanted to ask you that, but before that, so going through that experience with Drake and blowing that whole situation up or whatever, would.
Speaker 4: You have done? You think differently?
Speaker 2: And what did you learn like from the like it's kind of hard to really do anything because it's like you, like you said, you just did it Dan, Like you know what I'm saying. It's like you can't go to the label like I got because it's not even like a proven concept. Yeah, tell you for something that they don't even know for sure. Which how do you feel about how the whole thing played out?
Speaker 5: I played out pretty well? I mean I can't change that, you know what I'm saying. Of course I could feel like I could do things differently, but it makes me playing for like I mean, the future for me. So that's the only days you got to learn through the mistakes that you made. I plenty for it had less fun but more focused on the business. You know what I'm saying of things, because I feel like I was having a lot of fun at that time, and I'm saying I was moving around and saying I was able to do so it's lit, you know what I'm saying. I was going to a different country, I was doing this. But it's fun. But I never like sat down and be like, Yo, what's the what's the plan? Even though you feel like you got a plan, but sometimes you gotta be your five year plan. It's like to have a five year plane and then next week your five year plane is head. It's just like, oh damn, Like I wasn't really prepared for that, you know what I'm saying. So we just having a lot of fun and by the time I try to slow it down, like certain things are to die, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So what's that ever a part of you that you felt like, damn, I made that that song popular, like I needed to compensate that.
Speaker 5: Nah, it was really just like the internet, you know what I'm saying. Because I used to do things to songs, and songs used to get big a little bit, and I never thought about that. It was just like the internet got that in my head where I was feeling like yo, maybe yeo, like you're right, I could have got this.
Speaker 4: I got this.
Speaker 5: I was talking to people. People just come to be like yo, man you geld. I was like, damn, I never thought about that and put that head off my own, like I was just living in the mummy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So your team like, at what point, because it's crazy. It's like I feel like Internet celebrities are real celebrities, is no different and like they have the same So it's like do business managers do agents? They start reaching out to you and like come, Like you said, it's it's crazy because, like you said, the year before that, you're in Queen's and your parents' basement. The next year you're in Diddy's you know house, just chilling and hanging out. Yeah, for sure, it happened real quickly. So how did that happen and how did that Like, how was you able to navigate like hiring accounting?
Speaker 4: Did you do that? Did you get a business manager?
Speaker 3: Did you get a manager people.
Speaker 5: The thing about that I had like my friend Manjin, he was like good in business. My friend Mike, so he was like he's like, you know the friend that's always in the business owner. So he used to have met on a lot of stuff. I have another friend Davy Jones. I had a lot of friends friend. I had a lot of good people that's on like that business side. I was never like on that from like when I was like younger, like I was always like the fun guy. So I had a lot of friends. I was on that like with the credit card stuff like that, or everybody had a lot of friends around it that was on that sort time, like on the business side of you. I was understanding things and I was already moving around, Like I said before, I was ready getting money. So I was already moving around and like doing things. So like when people ask me certain questions like nah, a certain part whatever, it was easy. It was just a fun part, you know what I'm saying. I was having too much fun and just like forgetting about certain things, and I was like so lit like certain things would have come to me and I was just like, yeah, I'm like here. So I used to pass over things you never know, like who you passing on. You know what I'm saying, when you moving around, you don't know who you passing up. You know what I'm saying, You just probably didn't shake the right hair and that one day. You know what I'm saying, because you haven't a job, you know what, you never know In.
Speaker 3: Terms of like brands trying to reach out to you, You're like, all right, I'm good.
Speaker 5: Ah nah, some brand.
Speaker 4: It's so crazy.
Speaker 5: I was getting like certain Randal's from before. I was getting like agencies and here we are. But I was never like prepared for like those type of things I've been at like it because like sometin people were on that already, like on that Instagram is the next best thing, you know, and there's people that be like yo, it's the next day. It's people that talk to you to be like yo. But if Instagram the leader today is just like what the hell? It's just like I'm not even thinking like that. I'm thinking like the glasses have full, like all times, like IG is here, We're gonna run it up. If it's gone. I feel like I got enough like people that connected with to keep going. You know what I'm saying and everything. It's like I feel like I could switch to turn the switch and turn it off and do something different right now, and I still be good, you know what I'm saying, Like I passed that plateau, what I feel like, I would still be good, you know what I'm saying, no matter what.
Speaker 4: So how is it for?
Speaker 2: I feel like music and comedy is kind of similar in a lot of ways, where like before, if you wanted to be a rapper, you had to go to depth gym, you had to get a label deal. Now rappers is making themselves hot online on YouTube, on Instagram, on TikTok really, and now the labels is coming to them right. And I feel like comedic comics is the same way, Like you know what I'm saying, Before you had to go to Saturn Night Live. You had to go to like you know what I'm saying, comedy get hot, But now guys getting women also is getting hot on online. But how is that transition from getting hot online to going more tradition like becoming an actor, learning about movies and all that, Like, how how are you navigating going from getting hot online on Instagram to becoming like your goals of being movies and all of that.
Speaker 5: It's funny you say that I'm probably right now in that trend positioning, you know what I'm saying. So that's a question you probably ask me later, and I've got a real answer right now. Just like a lot of people tell me, like acting classes, because people watch your grammar. You think you're good enough because you post card that you go viral. But it's just like if you get a little more like like critique, a little more help, a little more stronger than your failure. So like I take acting classes, you know what I'm saying, the transition to take I'm about to yeah, about to yeah, really like because I feel like I'm good. I'll be seeing you know, you see certain things like you watch it, you be like I could have did that.
Speaker 2: It's important for you to say that because it's like people look at everything and they just like, right, somebody's talented, but you gotta work on your craft. Yeah, they said, somebody said hard work beach talent. When talent doesn't work hard. Yeah, yeah, I was playing two K. That's one of the life then back then, that was one of those that's one of the models of two K for sure. That's a fact because it's a whole it's a whole new industry. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Think about the Instagram comedy. It's only been around for a few years. Yeah, I think about it like that. But people are becoming very well known and very successful off of it. But it's like, like you said, you can't believe an answer it because it's not even the process.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get the trailblazer, like you're the hottest guy, and so like now there's going to be a bunch of people following you.
Speaker 5: Now I'm not just saying I'm the hottest. It's a lot of hot people. Like, it's people that I was like, I was just talking about Melvin greg for me, and like Woodie McClain, Woody look great. He they too like Instagram violent people. That was funny as hell. And now they got characters on shows. It's just like completely like different from them. So it's just like, I know, they went super hard get the right team around you, because you could have an agent and the agency I was talking about that before, like and they don't do nothing for you. You know what I'm saying, They'll just have you there just like being on like you said in the record label that you could have a dope artist, but you got them on the shelf, you know what I'm saying, just wasting his time with So I need somebody around that's like their work work and that understands. Yeah, I'm still this hot deal on Instagram, but I want to be a next big thing. I wanted to be like I won't say the right name, but I want to be the next comedian actor. But I never hit the stage, you know what I'm saying. But that's the thing, Like so many people like DC on fires like I see them more like Mike Epps. Oh you know what I'm saying, Bruce, I'm saying, Oh, the dope comedian is just like Yo, Roy, you did it, bro, Like you gain respect from both sides. So I'm definitely like, is that a.
Speaker 3: Lot of for successful comedians right well, this day and age, you guys are breaking the mold. Obviously you that boy coming from Instagram to now? Is it the stairs to successes? I start on Instagram, I built my platform. I end up at comedy clubs, movies.
Speaker 5: Uh, I probably want to hit movies before I do comedy stand up. You know what I'm saying. I've never really been interested in doing stand up like ever. I know some people are just like interested in doing stand up to they feel like right, I've always been interested in being front of the camera and like acting, you know what I'm saying. That's always been my interest. So my interests probably be like if I can skip the stand up comedy all together and I go do that, ever, then I'll do that now as well, because talk about like the different types of comedy. People don't really realize that, but it's like, you got stand up comedians. You got comedians that's in movies. You got comedians that's in sitcoms. How you got probably a new genre of short because even in this Instagram movie genre genre John, it's always I couldn't let that, John, John, I couldn't let that go all.
Speaker 2: But there's a whole new realm where it's like short sixty second to like two minute clips. So talk about that, like how difficult it is and just how different it is. It's like being a stand up is not the same as doing a movie. And everybody that does movies can't through stand up. Everybody does stand up can't do movies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you just gotta find what's good for you? You know what I'm saying. Me the skitch work, I don't know if stand up comedy might doesn't work for me yet, so you know what I'm saying. I never really tried it, so I can't say it's like more difficult. I can't even say if it's different and I never did it. But the content, I feel like a lot of times content we gotta, like Instagram, we gotta constrain it, you know what I'm saying, because we feel like an audience and then people talk to people. Sometimes I do a lot of yels on ig lib I should be over two minutes, almost three minutes, and I'd be like, nah, this is good, bro, like it's good, and sometimes be like trying to cut that three minute content until a minute. It's like doing a whole interview and then like you said, you're talking yesterday about having showing the clip and like trying to get everybody to understand what that whole interview was about from that one little clip, and you can't get it. So that's why I like to post long content. That's why I feel like I'm in the room like yo ig, I love it, But I know I could post more I could know, I could do more, Like I'll be watching Country Wayne or like a country Wayne posts like five minute videos every dinner every day and they get good views. So it shows me, like, Yo, people are watching, people are listening. You could get those people that used to watch your videos for a minute to watch it for ten. If you get to watch Attain, you can watch it for thirty, which is like a shitcom show. You get thirty, know what I'm saying? Just like that, Yeah, shall you get it?
Speaker 3: I want to talk about the other side because you said a lot of times you're not in the mood.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So let me.
Speaker 3: Think of Smoke your Robinson. You familiar with Smoke Robbinson, Yeah, and the sol Tears of the Clown and it pretty much just talks about always being the person that makes sure everybody else is laughing, but who makes you laugh. And so I want to know how you deal with always having to be on it. Do you feel the pressure to always have to be on Like you walk in the street and they're like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's that like you, it's like fifty fifty because when you go outside and you feeling like down and then you see somebody that show you mad love. It lifts you up. And then there's be times when you go outside you don't want to you want to be bothered at those. That's why I like the masks thing right now, because you be able to, like I'm able to, like I sometimes throw on us up here some glasses when the mask with my hat and I just be able to walk around freely sometimes and just like that's something like sometimes I miss it, you know what I'm saying. Be able to just walk around and just like nobody noticed me sometimes, just be able to just be like walk around to the back of the store, just live life, you know I'm saying. Something going on with my girl, Like we went to the museum. It was just like it was one of the best things ever for me. Were just able to just beat in and just be free, you know what I'm saying. A lot of times you don't get that everybody, especially with the DA saying everybody wants you to be crazy turn up. I'm like, yo, bro, it's like even the type of person I am, you know what I'm saying, Like a lot of things I do I do with my friends about myself, like the funny crazy thing I never do things like I'm not even out going like that. You know what I'm saying. I'm super like chill to myself, but my character online is super like little shit is like Yo, you're well boo wait, I don't even drink yeah for me, turn up yo, turn up yo, come on. And I'm a turn up dude, but I do it on my own time. I was never like the life of the party. I'm the type of party person that's like, I turn the party up, you know what I'm saying. But if I said the same time, I be chilling the corner because I don't drink, I don't smoke, so sometimes I be partying and I don't got that extra boost. So when things get whack, things get we I just be in a cut like Yo, this is whack, let's get out of here. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's funny you say that because a lot of people might not be aware. But most entertainers and actors are more reserved introverts, like if you look at Robert the Narrow even beyond Jay Like, it's interesting because they have like alter egos, like when they perform, you know they they on after that, They're very reclusive like most people are reclusive and when they get in front of the camera, but that's hard for people to understand.
Speaker 4: But it's interesting, and I was.
Speaker 2: Saying how they most people don't understand that because so when they see them, they kind of like taking back because these people is like real laid back, like they just being like assholes. But it's like that's not who they are, Like they're naturally reserved.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was saying.
Speaker 5: You know, sometimes people be like, oh, you ask me what you want to do? They just be yourself. It's just like, Yo, it's like so many parts of me for me, I bet so Like you know, sometimes people be like, yo, be yourself, and you just got so many different like parts of who you are. You know what I'm saying. I got the chill, reserve part of me, and I got the part that's turned up, but I don't want to turn up too much. And people look at like, yo, what the hell's going on? Fee me? And I want to be reserved to where people like yo. Hear way though, but you know what I'm saying, I am who I am, so we say be yourself. They only probably talking about like the internet. You you know what I'm saying, Not the part that's like kind of like intelligent or loving or just like shy, whatever. It just be you be you. That's why sometimes I used to like when I do skits with certain people that do contact, like I don't mind playing the person in the back because I know how to play that person in the back, so well, you know what I'm saying, You know.
Speaker 3: You're living in that character exactly.
Speaker 5: I like that and like with the in my fields that it got me boosted up to like a different level, you know what I'm saying. Before I was just like on something like I was in there, but it was always people that was up there, up there more, but I always remain ended. But then in my films got me kind of like it was a dance thing and I'm really like a funny dude, you know what I'm saying. So that's been funny that that's the thing that just like catapulted me. But it's just like it's a part of me too, you know what I'm saying. And for a good while it was just like yo, stop doing the dancing because I let people like you know what I'm saying, dictate what I want to do with myself. People used to say, like man, crazy think at the internet, people just like this, this, this, this used to be too much dance dance. I was like, yo, matter of fact, I ain't dancing no more. You know what I'm saying. I ain't doing that dancing. I ain't not doing dance. No hit up, nobody with no dancing. And it's just like mess up a lot of things because I could have been running it up and now just like look, crash forward a whole year later at twenty nineteen, twenty twenty, TikTok and all that. That's all that is, you know what I'm saying, That's all it is. And I stopped when I could have been doing it, doing it, doing it. I probably could have been a big TikTok thing too, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Do you feel pressure like a lot of times, like an artist will come out with a song or album that's classic number one, and they feel pressure to duplicate that. You feel did you feel pressure or do you feel pressure if you get something crazy that goes out the park like the end? My feelings is there pressure to create another one like that?
Speaker 5: Like a dance?
Speaker 3: Just in general?
Speaker 4: Like something Ernest, What's up?
Speaker 3: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works Like the check out as fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision for This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm Tasiana Manning. I support our Voice of a Customer team at Pgenie. If you're a small business customer, we're here to support you. That's why I want to tell you about our new pots cast, Real Talk with pgen We know small businesses are dealing with rising costs and looking for ways to boost their bottom line. On our show, you'll hear from our customer experts with our small Business Engagement team, who will show you effective ways to improve your operations, find important resources, and most of all, save money.
Speaker 7: I ride the RAND analysis for the Emergency Food Bank and based on their usage history. By just making a simple rate change at no costs, it was a twenty five hundred dollars annual savings.
Speaker 6: So listen to real Talk with PGENI and find more resources for your business by visiting pge dot com for slash Real Talk.
Speaker 2: That just goes crazy and it's like damn, I gotta you know what I'm saying, Like, it's like, Damn, this isn't good enough. I gotta people's going to be hating if it's not as good as the last one.
Speaker 5: Nacause I ain't come from that day, you feel me, I ain't come from like being the best, you know what I'm saying. Like when even in school, I ain't come from getting a hundred tests every day. I was getting seventy five, seventy seven, you know what I'm saying. So if I get a hundred one day, I'm not gonna be like I ain't try to get a hundred every time. And my fellows, big and a lot of people was a part of that.
Speaker 3: It wasn't just me.
Speaker 5: It's like a lot a lot of extra parts in that. So would I be I don't know if black sold do something, would I be able to get a big celebrity to post it? What I be able to get Would it be able to be a part of a big artist. I don't know. You know what I'm saying, because I did that organically, so I never feel pressure. It's not like I was super planning it out and just have a whole team around me and just like this gotta be it, this got to be it. It just happened to be the one, you know what I'm saying, So it's no really pressure. It's pressure kind of now to like put out content where it's just like content that has to be effective, but not like that big you know what I'm saying. When people watch my posts and be like, Okay, it's good, it's good. You still do your thing. You still do your thing. And that's why I always tell people like Yo, they look at me sometimes they'll be like, Yo, you're doing this, doing that? How I get here? It's just like, nah, but I ain't start here. And I'm saying I started off with zero follows, just like everybody else, you know what I'm saying. I started off just trying, like seeing the little things in my thing. I used to do videos back then. I used to get probably fifty comments, you know what I'm saying, a couple of likes and that. Back then it was just like, oh cool, So you just got to see it. Come on, man, cover it up. So you got to just see the like see like the the highlights and the little that you do, like the little things like in posting god cut man edit yo, I want to turn it up, you know what I'm saying. What the what you guys got going? It's enough about me?
Speaker 3: I mean, it is not. I feel this. There's one thing that I do see and it's happened probably over the last month or two. I feel like there's a transition and I saw it with you Got the end of Soon prime thing. Yeah, so I feel like there's a transition that you're trying to make. What's that like when brands now approach you and it's not I don't want the guy was dancing, I don't want the comedian. I want to see the serious side of him. How's that transition been for you?
Speaker 5: I never got that quite yet.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 5: Like people like you know, Instagram, they probably want you to be that Instagram guy. They want you to be that character stuff like that. So I never really like, even when I'm in that zone, I always want to like kill that part of me. What I'm saying, I'm not killed that part of me, like kill that role of me being a funny, funny persons. When I do get a chance to do the funny thing, I want to do it because I want to do that. I want to be people like, Yo, he's funny.
Speaker 4: But what's the deal with the Amazon you talk about that? Oh No?
Speaker 5: That was similar on leven ansd my boy Thomas. I met him, like I think I met him Chicago that alls at weekend. It was last year though, But just like you know, COVID and mess up. A lot of things were going on. So they was just hit up a couple of dope people from like New York. They had somebody the Green Lady that had tiger Hood that what's my due name? Man damn Action Bron saying they had a couple of dope people.
Speaker 4: Part of it.
Speaker 5: It was supposed to be like a whole dope piece together, but COVID like messed up that the whole thing up and we all shot the individuals. But I was doing like a little content deals with that and Amazon. I did a couple of things with Amazon. What It's just like, and I just every time I get brand deals like that, I try to work hard because you want those brand deals to come again and again. You know a lot of times on Instagram people do like one off and I'm like, yo, I'm tired of doing like one off little deals. I do get a good amount of money, and that's it. I'll be trying to be like Yo, I'm trying to do so good that they hit me up. Every time there's something Amazon related, whatever brand it is, they hit me up again and again because like, nah shit, he did his thing, he did his thing, he went hard, you know what I'm saying. He tried again, he tried, he was patient, like he's on time. So that's why I was trying to focus the punctuality. That's why I came here a little early, you know what I'm saying. I came here two fifty seven, so for me especially to be at three o'clock, you know what I'm saying. So I'm trying to be punctual. All that stuff is a part of it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm thinking that because I can see big brands really coming to you. And one of the skits that you did it was a character so.
Speaker 5: Uncle two three four Uncle too three four Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the cash Up it felt like they should you should be part of this brand. Like is that you did that intentionally so they can see that?
Speaker 5: Nah Me? Me and cash Up been working together for a couple of years. What I'm saying. We were doing giveaways and I had a song called cash Up the money to put on ticktock going on. I was like, cash Up, they show a lot of love, you know what I'm saying. That's what brand that show a lot of love. Another brand was EA. I was doing a lot of conto EA. My boy Coziess gave me a lot of It's a lot of people that was like with brand deals because I come and I do my thing. Like I'm not difficult to work with. You know what I'm saying. I'm not fancy, I don't want too much. You know what I'm saying. When people try to do too much, I'm chill, you know what I'm saying. So I'm easy to work with. And that's what the one thing that a lot of people say with me. I'm easy to work with. So that's the best thing I got going on for myself. And it's like there was other times like you might get tired of a person and see it's like there's a whole bunch of people on Instagram, so you probably pick somebody different. But me, I know somebody can't be like nah, I don't like what he did because I did it until I felt like it was right or everybody is right, and didn't stop until it was good. You know what I'm saying. So I gotta go nah now, But I really want to how we're gonna start talking about the investment and stuff like that. I don't want to rush your things. I don't know how y'all do y'all process sticks. You know what I'm saying. You invest I've been investing for about a year now. Uh invested in banking America. But I think, like I'll be America Bank. Bank of American America is something if it was banking now. But you're in this field.
Speaker 2: So you said that banking, so I wasn't if it was a new company. I'm just saying, you're in this field, so is this something called banking of it?
Speaker 4: I've never heard might something.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not there yet, baking McDonald's, Walmart, Tarja Target. I invested in some what's it called man of course, like bitcoin and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Too individual stop that. So you bought shares of the company?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah. What's the other what's something else will be?
Speaker 3: I don't know. So that was one of the things we kind of talk about yesterday. It was like index funds and ETFs different ways to invest. O.
Speaker 5: Can we get to you? Because you.
Speaker 4: Wh did you start when you start investing?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: March last March?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like like love March March.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I invested before and like because my brother was putting me on the what's it called the td A military think of swim, So he put me onto that. So I was like he had me invested in a couple of things. Like I invested in CBS because I remember somebody was talking about CBS and it was just like, you know, CV is about to start doing the COVID test in the stores and selling those stores. So I invested in CBS. Around time I had was reading some article about like something I was building something in like La Like in the next couple of years, I invested in that and it kind of grew. It was like eight dollars a share and now I was like twelve, and I put like a couple of dollars into it. So and I'm just letting that money sit there and I'm on Dolge. Yeah dog should the movie They say, that's the fact.
Speaker 4: So what made you get into investing?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: People around me like my boy he sent me, like everybody like all the investment things he got me. I was on wall or Street trapper. I was on heavy, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 5: I was on him heavy though, because he was like speaking away like not saying you guys don't because but he speaks away like you know, people can understand and relate to. So it's just like you're investing things that you buy, and it's like sometimes like a stock of course less than a product, you know what I'm saying. I'm not like a fancy dude. I don't like fair, fancy clothes or nothing like that. So why I could put like a couple hundred dollars, a couple of dollars into a stock and watch that girl instead of be buying something for like a pair of sneakers or a pair of shirt that I probably wear one of two times. I can't even get enough wards of it and I want to probably give it away or just like I mess it up. You know what I'm saying, Socks, you can't really mess it up. You know what I'm saying. You just got to watch it, and I'm just trying to learn, like once to watch and wants to like, you know what I'm saying, just like let it breathe, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: How's that conversation amongst your pears, like now you're on that time, the guys around you and the females around you, well around you, one female, how is that conversation and everybody on board or and everybody trying to learn the same time.
Speaker 5: I'm not the one that's teaching. I'm not gonna lie. I'm not the one that's like sometimes I talk to friends in and just be like, yo, you should do this.
Speaker 3: You do this.
Speaker 5: Sometimes they listen. But I'm not the one my friend like nobody, he's the one that's like sending a message to everybody like me. I'm just like, all right, cool, Google, who's you saying put.
Speaker 3: This in it?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna do that, Like my girl sister, the one that got me adulge, and it's so crazy, like she was on it earlier and now it's where it's at now, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: When did you invest?
Speaker 5: I can't even lie. It was probably like I don't even know the scent amount though, I can't even tell you. I don't have my phone when like this year, I don't know if it was this year last year. I can't really like the end of last year or something like that. It was the end the last year, definitely, that's something made up a lot. Crazy how you know that though over thousands because it was up a lot and so it probably wasn't though you're not up a lot. No, it was like last week watch it? But you well, but man, you invested in Nah, you're one of those people that like it's like people say, it's like an internet thing, like you know what.
Speaker 2: It started as a joke, but a lot Just because it started as a joke doesn't mean that it's not something that can go up in value. But for me personally, I just don't see it has no use case. I don't see the point of it, and I don't you know what I'm saying I just don't invest in something that I just don't really understand or I don't see the point in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that line right there kind of like me. It's like start off as a joke and then setting the value I want.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now people say the whole song like yeah you fellow up, Like yeah, I fellow I'm still out here working. So I want to ask some like what's the next stop getting my thing? My phone dropped?
Speaker 2: You got me get that pain because you ain't right nowre now, Ever, since you been here, man, this want didn't go as as good as.
Speaker 4: So we about to get a paper wat from the from the water.
Speaker 5: I don't worry about that. Oh right, that's the other thing from the other view.
Speaker 4: Now you that's done. That's already done. Interviews already over, bet.
Speaker 5: So So what's it's for my people around? So what's the next big thing that you think, like the next big joint? Yeah, we got this conversation off the camera to if you I'm just jowing up for the people. So we got a show called Market Monday when we talk about stocks a lot. So we talk about T S M. Yeah you want to talk about that? Yeah, So it's the semiconductor. We got to talked about that yesterday.
Speaker 3: Right, everybody has electronics, but everybody doesn't realize that there's chips inside those electronic devices that you have, right, So your phone, your computer, your iPad, even these microphones have chips. Right, And people love gaming, so you grow up EA so games, right, they have PlayStation five and Sony there that's only an Xbox they have inside of it. So the company that makes those chips is something that we invested in because we know that technology is always going to invent as well as I have chips in it. So TSM is the world leader in that they make fifty percent of the semiconductors in the world, and so if we know that, then it sounds like a sound investment. Disney is something also that we invested in. And obviously Apple, I think we had a conversation about that. If you look around us, right, we use a MacBook, we have an iPad, iPhone, we got air buds. Were already invested in. Yeah, why not on a piece of it.
Speaker 2: But you know what you said something that was very point, and this is something that a lot of people make mistakes. You ask like, what's the next thing. Yeah, That's one of the key mistakes that people make it invest They look past the obvious. This would be like if you're putting together an NBA team, right, and I got Jannis, I got Lebron, I got Katie, and I got Kyrie, and you're saying, what's the next Zion?
Speaker 4: Let me why you already got Lebron?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying a lot of time, But that happens a lot and investing where it's like we got so many obvious good companies, look past that because you want to hit a grand slam.
Speaker 4: Dage that nobody ever heard of.
Speaker 2: But it's like nine times out of ten those companies are You're going to lose money that way. So like even with crypto, like one of the cryptos that I am invested in is Ethereum.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'm invested in that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I believe in etherremy and it has use, it has real uses. Like these NFTs that everybody keeps talking about, most of them is built on the Ethereum platform, and you got to use etherrem most of the time to buy them. So as the NFT whole thing goes up, Ethereum kind of goes up as well. They kind of tied together back to that usage thing, right.
Speaker 5: So, yo one that got me was Chipotle.
Speaker 4: That's track that's trapped.
Speaker 5: He is because that's around that time. That's when I started to following him. That was around March April. That's when I started to following him. That's when the Chipotle thing. I eat Chipotle because I will stop eating meat. And Chipotle was like one of the places I used to always go to, but I invested to just like rice beans chic people to the guy, you know, I saying a little sauce, no meat, No, I don't do I don't do so. I try to voice so and GMS and we gotta.
Speaker 3: Give you credit because, like you said, everybody tries to hit the home run, but in order to hit throw home run, you gotta swing. Yeah. Yeah. The fact that you're investing in these things is the first step. And now the fundamentals and understanding why you're invested.
Speaker 5: In Ethereum was like it was kind of like, you know, bigcoin was like okay, damn. It's like big cooin was going up and the numbers Ethereum wasn't that high at that point of time, so it was something like decent where you put some money in it and you feel like, yeah, you get a nicer turn went up like twelve.
Speaker 3: This shite went up higher over the past six months and big one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So but your peers into it. You do real estate, you're in real estate.
Speaker 2: Nah, so fat boy, I know he rocks with envy and sees all, yeah, he have you in the real estate. So like, do y'all ever have like the conversations amongst your peers, because even looks shout out to eighty five South. We met him and he showed us his his his stock account. He's like, I've been invested in stocks for years, like he was going back and forth and Chico had just started investing in stocks more than this. So yeah, a lot of the people in the industry, comedians that we meet, they like either real estate or stocks something like that. You think that's just why it just happens that, or y'all actually communicate, like when y'all go like, nah, you know a lot of times we meet up and sometimes you just be like we talk about way more than just like that's yeah, comedy, you know what I'm saying, Because comedy is just like a way to come to meet around. But that's not the Daly conversation that we should have because we watch people like interviews like that came afore us and to see the conversation that we had.
Speaker 5: That's why internet is so good. It's so important because you could really listen to somebody and be like, yo, I invested in this. I'm serty. I was watching fat Boy when he's doing the thing like with Envy and all that hit mvy online every day or every day, but he always talking about the houses and cars, all the things you do. So the conversation is always bigger than what we're doing. Now, you know what I'm saying. So it's just like what I can invest in. I got a lot of friends that tell me certain things. Some time when I get around other people, we just vibe, so a conversation may not be there, But depending on what the setting is, we always talk about money and ways to make money on way to make more money, whether it's just like building on like how to create content, or just like certain things to invest in. A lot of people in the Widow stay because when you pay attention, like the richest people in the world and stuff like that, like Warren Buffet and all that stuff. People pay attention like that, like how I get that money? We had multiple sources of income and real estate is up there, you know what I'm saying. And the next is like I don't know if it's next or whatever. Investment stocks they like top two three whatever, like making money, so like and it's just like you're making money, make money, you know what I'm saying. So that's what two jobs that do that.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, trader, that's a fact.
Speaker 5: What's the trader? I'm not no trader, mem real.
Speaker 3: Bro No, not trade her trader like you trade stop?
Speaker 4: That was no yo?
Speaker 5: Yeah man, So what's the stock now?
Speaker 4: Matter of fact?
Speaker 5: So you said, what question was wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I said what we said we gave you. We said we talked about Ethereal, we talked about did you listen.
Speaker 5: And now you said we this is my man?
Speaker 3: He said, you got my side.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just said ethereal, you did. We just spoke. I just spoke about Ethereal.
Speaker 3: I said, TSM, Disney and Apple and.
Speaker 2: You said Ethereal. So you wan into crypto. No, No, I'm just you know, give you all sides of the coin. Yeah. So, but a m D is another company, it's another chip Trump, that's they actually been moving sideways for like six months.
Speaker 3: And he am, a is an Apple, Mary, I.
Speaker 5: Said, and that's what I already got the first letter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Amazon would be a good company to look as well.
Speaker 5: I did Amazon, and I did Tesla, and I remember Tesla did it? I don't know you can you explain the the Tesla and Apple thing?
Speaker 3: Remember that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Can you explain that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah? All right. So if I told you, uh, you got five dollars in one hand, yeah, and five singles on the other hand, you have the same amount of money. Yes, So that's what they did. They said, for every share, we're going to give you five, right. So that was a five to one split for Tesla. And so for every share that you've had, now you have five. And so the price went from let's say it was five hundred dollars share. Yeah, now the price is one hundred dollars per sure, and now you have five save.
Speaker 2: One of the reasons why a company but one of the reasons why a company would do that is to make the stock more affordable. And that also boosts the value because the evaluations of the company is usually like how much the stocks work? Right, So It's like, if more people can buy the stock, now, that's going to raise the value of the company.
Speaker 3: So now when you see that one hundred are you more likely to I didn't.
Speaker 2: When it was that five for sure one hundred percent, which I did? Okay, So am I like stupid for doing.
Speaker 3: Right? Cool?
Speaker 2: A lesson inside the podcast? First, this is eyl First, you broke first, the first I got something. I got something to pick with you, bro Yeah, so you did? You put this post up? And I'm not sure if you notice, you probably even know who it was. The people kept tagging me in it. They're like, Yo, that's you, Troy Mellanes, that's your twin.
Speaker 3: So I put the post? Did that? Yo? Why you did that?
Speaker 5: Let me tell you something I was on put that on YouTube? I was I was on something. I forgot what I was on. I think I was on clubhouse or something. And then somebody came back and put that bit.
Speaker 3: On the ficture. I was like, no, this is like people that little bad on me, though I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Now I'm trying to see you. I love to see man a little kid, So.
Speaker 4: What's what's what? What's next for you?
Speaker 2: As for I told you yesterday some different ideas that I think would be dope for you.
Speaker 3: But what what what?
Speaker 2: What's what's next as far as the content, taking the content, taking the whole career to the next stage.
Speaker 5: Uh, movies for myself, I'm sorry. I'm starting to work on like my own like small projects, small movies, show films. So that's the next thing for me. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I was writing and my boys is writing it and I don't care who directed. So I got some ideas that I want to direct myself and I got so that's the next big thing to me. And you know what I'm saying, I'm a podcast level you know I got.
Speaker 4: Now, Yo, that's funny everything top secret I was.
Speaker 5: I was never interested in podcasts people talking about, but being here on the podcast and having a vibe and just having a concept, it's kind of cool.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: Have you done a podcast before interview?
Speaker 5: Interview a minute ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the thing people don't realize, like you know, the podcast, like I told you yesterday. But I'll saying for everybody, like podcasts can be whatever you make it.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's the dope thing about like podcasts and reason why I feel like we just now at the beginning stages of the podcast. A lot of people be like everybody has a podcast oversaturated, but there's still the vast majority of people in the world still have never listened to a podcast, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So there's still.
Speaker 2: Millions and billions of people that have never listened. So the dope thing about the podcast is that you can create with any kind of content you want. You can put it out whenever you want, and the format is whatever. It's not like you go into like, you know, a TV station and they got to tell you, all right, half an hour, take a break here, you know what I'm saying. So it gives the creatives freedom to really do having I'm saying, like eighty five South, like this show is a podcast, but I feel like our podcast and there's our podcast nothing like Gillian Wallow's podcast. So it's like everybody's got their own spin on it. So I encourage all creatives to do it. And it's a great networking too, Yeah, for sure, especially if you bring it on guests like it's it's a tremendous trument. That's probably my favorite part of what we do just meeting through people connecting, and we learned learn from everybody that we interview.
Speaker 5: We talk a for sure.
Speaker 3: I like, yeah, I told you every every the seven thirty first I'm playing it's good.
Speaker 4: This is my year.
Speaker 5: How'd you ever go on?
Speaker 4: This one?
Speaker 3: Amazing? Last year was even It was great to get my.
Speaker 5: Using my manifestition for yourself.
Speaker 4: The check is a fact, the nerve.
Speaker 2: We created a podcast network, the Free Creators, and to give them a voice and you know, Linda expertise because we felt like we've actually a lot of people create content, but not a lot of people know how to monetize content. Not a lot of people know the business. And this is what we do for sure.
Speaker 4: So what say comes death from.
Speaker 3: Yo?
Speaker 5: You know, you know the beauty of like having interviews and stuff like that and not having regular conversations, you're able to like skip your insert and I much see what I could do, you know what I'm saying, like this is best for me.
Speaker 4: The hat never had a brim or.
Speaker 5: Naw, that's straight from Arra.
Speaker 4: It's like a coofie with a I respect that.
Speaker 5: Then I got a haircut. I did it did I was fighting, it was fighting. I just doing different things. You know what I'm saying, when you get like you be able to do different things. I was trying to take like fashion wrists. You know what I'm saying, This is fashion. I do dress like I do like stylars of immaculate.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Impeccable.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Impregnable said that like Tyson, I want to eat man like.
Speaker 2: The last question I want to ask you is talk about how important having a good team. We spoke you know the guys is here right now. Shut out to the guys. But how important is having a good team around a lot of people just think it's just you know, a one man show. How important is we.
Speaker 5: Tell you something and you can do this by yourself. You don't need no team or nothing.
Speaker 3: No, it is.
Speaker 5: It's very important and it's very important for everybody to know their roles. You know what I'm saying, in the team, within the team. But it's very important, you know what I'm saying, to keep you up, keep the boat in motion. The things you tell people people around that go get things, and there's people around that bring things to you. You know what I'm saying. So I have a good team. Everybody is around right now. I got people back in New York and stuff like that that's like have me on game with certain things that might cross my mind, you know what I'm saying. That's why my boy he was like moving around, but he always keeps on game with things to watch, you know what I'm saying, or things I should be doing, Like I should be on this, I should be on that. And as a person, sometimes you just do your own thing. But it's always good to have people around that's telling you certain things. I used to have friends that used to have me on my on my things. I used to like, you don't forget that. I don't care about that, you know what I'm saying. I'm doing that. So having a good team is very very important, and having a team group people around you that understand you as a person, because sometimes you get around people and they don't really understand you, you know what I'm saying. So that's why I keep some friends around me, you know what I'm saying, to always be like yo, shake now, he don't like that, you know what I'm saying. Because me, I'm kind of like a quiet, laid back type of dude. You know what I'm saying. So I might not like something, might not say nothing. So having that team with people around you that understand your movements and what you feel is right and wrong and just like be able to express how you feel sometimes is very important, you know what I'm saying. So shout out to everybody in my team.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know love, piece of love. Oh man, any last question? That was his last question.
Speaker 3: He's done me now, No, I need you to I have a request. I need you to get back to the basement. Yeah, I need you back in the basement. You know what. I love the school skits obviously as a teacher, when you're walking with the book back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the voices, Oh, the school Oh I got you that, I got you, I got you, I got you just at the basement.
Speaker 3: Just the school the school skits. Man, Like New York City kids they understand that. And teachers like I'm like.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about mister wrong Syncamore. You know the character mister wrong Sycamore. You got to check him out, check him on.
Speaker 5: Let me know how good of a teacher I had the one skiin where I was just like I was mister wrong Sycamore and I was like told to a teacher and I caught out the classroom. I was like, Yo, what's up, Like so when we're gonna we're gonna hang out something like that. So I don't know you a teacher, but you a gym teacher, teacher, health teachers getting no love now that you teaching science. But you know what's so crazy the most the most?
Speaker 3: You know, it's so crazy place people want to go.
Speaker 5: But listen, you know it's so crazy, like like math science, like when you think of today, like what you learn from them, it doesn't even apply to my wife, but like things you learn your health and like physical education, I'm not going to like I said, Jim, Yeah, I know because once I was at school, I was like, yoke the janitor. He said, I'm not a janet, I'm a custodial engineer. So it's like, so I understand how people are importing it with titles like I'm not like like people like, yo, you're a funny ass. Now I'm a comedian. I'm an actor. You know what I'm saying. Respect titles. You know what I'm saying. I get paid for this. Consodi engineers, not a regular things like you're not a gym teacher. You're a physical You went to school for this, right, you got your physical I understand all right. So, like I was saying the things I learned the health in physical education, it's like it's still applies to my life today, Like what like conches up conscious health, It's very important, that's how Yeah, I used to like yo, you learn punches and push ups in gym class, though not the right countries they used to do like what's it called? Like you used to be doing test like you used to pay the tests. You used to run back and forth.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 5: You're like up down, So do the right you know people do we do burnouts? And somebody tea like dawn, umh damn.
Speaker 3: So when people be.
Speaker 5: Doing like I could do eighty push ups, maybe no, you can't do eight of those. I got a friend hate do eighty, but you can't bro eighty burnout.
Speaker 3: I'm like, really a city care you did the fittest grade of the pace.
Speaker 5: Of Yeah, I actually be out there. Yeah, I'm doing all I used to pull. I do fifteen pull ups. Bro, some pulls you could do in the set, probably in a set.
Speaker 4: Probly one problem that odds are I.
Speaker 5: Had a lot of fun here with y'all. Guys said they too. This is like, I honestly didn't expect y'all to be talking to me this long.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. What you expect fifteen minute, quick, little one tools. Honestly, everybody has to Jim Jones he said the same. He was like, you're not even know what to expect. I've seen you guys online. You seem like you like but y'all, I really I really enjoyed myself and.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you the fast return. Like you probably mad hype when I hit you up there. You probably don't get people like me. Hear you up all the time pretty regularly.
Speaker 4: I appreciate.
Speaker 3: You're from a different era, right, So Queens, let's talk about queens. Best artist from Queens Top five?
Speaker 5: Llo cool j I'm a love one of my rooms. Sometimes I like back from Queens.
Speaker 4: Queens in my eyes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nick Minaj okay, uh fifty cent Okay, there was some queens Damn.
Speaker 2: Now, I know it's mad people though, It's not like it's a lot of people influence you like influence me. Queen's artists.
Speaker 5: So you got Nikki fifty, you got nas fifty. I like all the cool j for a fact, I'm from saying alb informost so he round the way so like llo COJ, I like, you know what I'm saying. One more Uh, that's not She's like I'm thinking, like I'm trying to think of like throw somebody young hard.
Speaker 4: I was a little disturbed to so long to say NOAs but you're young.
Speaker 3: He's youngest, That's what I thought. At his age, I'm thinking he might have just put rule, but you can.
Speaker 5: Make an argument, That's what That's what I was thinking. I was trying to think, like grouse up there because because like the time that was like young, that's like when you really started getting into like music on your own thing. Yeah yeah, when you get you thing.
Speaker 2: You played the part, Yeah for sure. But that's a good four. Definitely l O fifty Nikki nos John So.
Speaker 5: Yeah for me, like your name yellows or your name? But all right, so what's your favorite top ten queens?
Speaker 3: Queens? Queens?
Speaker 4: We just did we just did it.
Speaker 2: You had too many, not top five top time in five five you said it. I can't hear what you said. You can't give you a list.
Speaker 4: You just said fifty. I'll just give l just because he's a legend. But I didn't grow up on that.
Speaker 2: Prodigy, Prodigy fifty, Nas, Nicki Minaj and you know, I throw a dark dark horse in the race, Cougie Rat, throw Coogie Rat in there.
Speaker 3: I'll say, so that's the list. I'll say the most influential un dmc h hello, I'll put quests on there, Nas, and then I'll put Nicky in as.
Speaker 5: Well, fifty and Nikki fifty and Nikki fifty first, Okay, I got that.
Speaker 2: But NAS number one, number one, Shaggy, thank you, brother, appreciate you. What would you like to tell the people anything you're brewing up? How can they follow the whole situation.
Speaker 5: I'm on the shaky Yeah, it's the Shiggy showing all platforms, TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, following me on there. You never know what's next, man, I created a lot of dope things in my life and my career. You never know what's going coming on. I'm doing bait great things, about to start my own stock and financial but just keep tool man. I appreciate you all for having me a lot of love.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: I was surprised I really got an interview. I was glad I just had to conversation on everybody yesterday. Thanks for having me on your platform. Chance for me to expand certain things. You never know where to come out of this, and I'm saying, whatever comes from this, I might give y all little percent, this little PC off of it. So y'all split that tempercent between the four of y'all, five y'all how much y'all see, it's a lot of y'all over here. So yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that, brother.
Speaker 3: Shot everybody on patreon dot com and that's probably pay program. Obviously. Tier five members you have access to eyl University, the number one place for business education in the world, number one. Shot all the eight thousand over eight thousand earn us as part of the platform, and shout out to everybody that is here in La with us. The whole merch team is here. Shout to Bam, Shout out to Smithy, Yogi's here with us, Adula. It's very rare that we all get to connect at the same time. So this is this is a dope one uh and everybody that's supporting on Alesia, we greatly appreciate it. Yeah, shout out to l a man love his love. Every time you come out here.
Speaker 5: My graduates from my school being forced back.
Speaker 4: Drop drop drop.
Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday? How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant canadaate so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need