Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. You're out, you'reabouts, but you want your Dan Patrick. Well good news. He goes everywhere with If you miss the show, you can podcast it. If you want to see the show, just go to Peacock and we stream it live every weekday. Watch past episodes too. The Dan Patrick Show available anywhere you are, anyway you want it. Welcome to the Dan Patrick Show. I love Dan Patrick Away. Home to the biggest guests and best sports talk on radio. I love it.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Normally owned to Dan Patrick. I hope you'll missus Watson today, Dan and the Dan Nets are off.
Speaker 3: Don't see another radio show.
Speaker 1: Mahama back and filling it. It's Jonas Knox, Brady Quinn and LeVar Errings Dead.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: It's good broadcasting from the Mercedes Man. This is the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 4: It's a Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with he here in for Dan and the guys as we take you all the way up until the end of this hour. You can listen to two Pros and a Cup of Joe starring us three weekdays six to nine am Eastern time three to six am Pacific time. Here on Fox Sports Radio, we are before the Dan Patrick Show, so sitting in for Dan and the guys here on this Football Friday. We talked a little bit about the game last night. The Bears are terrible. Seattle scored six points and that was enough. So if you are a fan of defense, off and running, are these.
Speaker 3: Hopes you're you're kind of game.
Speaker 5: Baby. No, I didn't like it.
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 6: I usually will say, you know, what a defensive struggle. I don't think it was a defensive struggle. I just thought it was just it wasn't I don't know. It wasn't an exciting game. It was not an exciting game. It was not It was competitive in the sense that both offenses weren't.
Speaker 5: Really able to do you know, do much. I mean you could, we just watched it on television.
Speaker 6: You get an offensive lineman who cost you at the end of the game, costing you earlier in the game where they got one of those scarce, scarce touchdowns. I guess the only pulse of the game where there was real entertainment was with your boy DK Metcalf and him hit budding and feeling a certain type of way. I just I don't know, man, I just felt like it was a very very sub par game. Man. I didn't find it to be very entertaining. My kids were walking out, they were like, this is what we're doing. I was like, man, and I was sitting there in my head. I didn't want to admit to him that I was right there with him.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: You know my son said to me, like, he's really per.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Papa, so Bear Bears.
Speaker 4: He's three, he's three, and he had he had some toys laying around on the ground, and I said, uh, And I tell him like, hey, you got to pick up your toys. You got to clean up after yourself. And he says to me, the Bears don't clean up after themselves. And I swear to God, I thought to myself, on my life, he said exactly that, And I thought to myself, you know what, He's probably right.
Speaker 5: They probably mean I think he.
Speaker 4: Just I think he just recognized that there was so much dysfunction in every Bears game he's watched this year that he realized, well, they can't handle their business, why do I need to handle mine? Like, well, what's the point. I swear to God, that's a true story. And look, he was probably one hundred percent accurate. That's just a bad football team. And if I repeat Carroll, I'd go ahead and uh, you know, redact that statement that you are interested in the job.
Speaker 5: Whoever.
Speaker 2: Well, what I found most interesting coming out of that was Jalen Johnson, their cornerback is an all Pro caliber player, was already talking.
Speaker 3: About the type of coach they need to bring in.
Speaker 2: It's it's not very often you hear a player talk about that while the season is still going on. Maybe the postseason, maybe a podcast something comes out. But I mean he seems invested in wanting the Bears to find an offensive mind to come in and work with and maximize Kayleb Williams talents. So I found that just kind of interesting, Like this is where the Bears are out at this point. I mean, players are sharing their opinion of who they want to be their next head coach.
Speaker 4: Okay, and I can't stand the well, you got to get an offensive guy, Rabel, Tommy Reese, just give him the gig. There's your guys.
Speaker 2: I understand people feel that way, but here's the reason why most most people want an offensive guy. It's not for the reason that everyone thinks, and that's, oh, because we want him come in and develop the young quarterback, you know, make him that young.
Speaker 3: It's not that.
Speaker 2: It's the fact that if you bring in a Mike Rabel and Tommy Reese is his OC, what happens after one year of them actually making the playoffs and being good, Tommy Reese is leaving for a head coaching job. So that's the problem is if you look at the last string of Super Bowls was the last twelve, they've pretty much all been offensive minded head coaches, with the one exception being with Belichick. I mean, that's what wins, that's how the league rules are set up. And so yeah, you can go find a great defensive mind. Mike Rabel's a guy who's gonna fall into that category. Brian Flores is done a tremendous job in Minnesota. He should get another shot at it. The problem is everyone's gonna ask the question who's your OC then, and then once the OC's hired, if they have enough success, they're a head coach soon.
Speaker 3: That's the hard part about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I just don't know how how these coaches are going to navigate some of these messes. I look at the Giants situation, you keep them. This is a Pete Prisco. You're damned if you don't. With the Giant situation, I feel like Chicago right now as it stands, You're damned if you do. You're damned if you don't. With that situation, like I wouldn't touch it. I wouldn't touch it. If I had the opportunity to get a head coaching job, it would mean more to me to preserve my reputation than to take a chance on thinking that I could turn that around. The only reason why I felt like the commander's job made sense for somebody to take a chance is because the new ownership and a lot of people spoke very highly of the new ownership group. And if it held true, you took a chance, you took a risk, and it pays off for you. But these other situations, Carolina, what's going on with it? I mean, I like the Giants in terms of their ownership, but it just has not seemed as though I wonder if there was a interior rating of what the culture was going to be for the New York Giants, because I wasn't too far after the original Mara and Tishes were there. So I just wonder, was that is this? And listen, I want to be careful about it because you know, I'm a former Giant and I have a respect for the mayor and Tish family that are there currently. But I just wonder did they Is it the same situation that took place in Washington where you saw a new owner take what a Cook family had built and the culture that was built, and it deteriorated over time. I just don't know if that's what's going on here, because it doesn't seem as though it looks as though the Giants are remotely even close to heading in the right direction away from the bottom.
Speaker 5: What about the Jets.
Speaker 6: I feel the same way about the Jets, like I wouldn't want that job. I don't think there's a job opening. Name one job opening that you would say, you know what, I feel comfortable with my odds going in there.
Speaker 5: Name one? Yeah, I can't. That's why they're open.
Speaker 6: I mean some good jobs open, though they're like I would have said, I I would have said the Jets was possibly a good opening if you didn't have Woody Johnson as the owner, I would have said the Bears were a good opening.
Speaker 5: If I don't know, I don't know them that well.
Speaker 6: The mcskes, I don't know them that well, so I won't speak on them.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Apparently Jim Harbaugh wasn't interested in the Bears job last year, but Kevin Warren kind of put a stop to that.
Speaker 6: I mean, people have said things about the Rams and how they do things and how they run things, but it seems as though that's not the case. I mean, I feel like McVeigh has done really really well and thrive since taking over the Rams.
Speaker 5: And then you look at the Chargers.
Speaker 6: People have said certain things about the Chargers and how they feel the Chargers are ran, and I feel like Harball is there doing doing the hell of a job right now. I don't Maybe it's touch and go, I don't know, Maybe it's hit or miss. Maybe maybe the relationship that one of these coaches would come in and have with with the ownership would lend to the environment and the culture, maybe having an opportunity to change, Maybe they have an epiphany. I mean, is there a possibility that Woody Johnson is looking at everything that's going on and maybe the lowest point of all of this is as an owner of an organization that you have to see reports on the fact that you're you're being talked about in a way where your kids said, don't pick this guy because of a Madden rating. I mean, do you get an epiphany? Do you do you look in the mirror after that and you say, you know what, I've been very successful in my life and I'm going to adapt and I'm going to adjust it, and I'm going to hire somebody who I Am going to relinquish my power and let them do what it is that they need to do to build our team to be the best team they could be.
Speaker 5: Maybe he has an epiphany.
Speaker 4: Jack and Brick, you just never you just never know. Those are his trusted scouts. Yeah, you just never know it there. Now, what about this, because I'm wondering whether or not you guys are going to be the next to UH to go online with this. Deshaun Jackson is apparently about set or I don't think if it's finalized yet, but they are working on a deal to finalize him as the brand new head coach at Delaware State.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, let's go.
Speaker 5: This is the this is the new friend.
Speaker 3: I love this, man.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that there's a lot of former players who are getting opportunities to coach.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I mean look in saying that, that's if the organization would there be a university, whether it be a professional team, they have to give them time. Like if you're gonna make that decision to bring in a guy who's never been there before, you have to understand he's got a completely different perspective. He's he's gonna come at you know, at you from some different angles that you're probably not accustomed to.
Speaker 3: Or he's not he's gonna be unaware of a lot of.
Speaker 2: The duties responsibility sometimes so as long as there's patience to go along with it.
Speaker 3: But I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that for DeShawn Jackson, I love that for Delaware State, those players. I just I've met so many former players that they're in different you know, jobs or careers.
Speaker 3: At this point, I'm thinking, man, they'd be a great coach.
Speaker 2: And I think there's a lot of deterrence to want to become a coach sometimes and sometimes it's it's the track to get there, the long hours, to sacrifice everything else.
Speaker 3: That's a part of that.
Speaker 2: And I understand there's a lot of listeners who are like, well, should they have to so yeah, to a degree, but they also have a PhD in football. Seawan Jackson played for a long time, was really successful, so it's maybe not in that respect, you know, maybe as far from the administrative standpoint, maybe there's something there, but I don't know. I love that from Mike Vick when I heard the news. I love it for Deshaun Jackson. I wish, you know, more, more universities and schools would take on the fact that there's a lot of really smart former football players out there that are trying to get involved in coaching, impacting young men. And I don't know, I just I love hearing that. I love hearing when universities take the opportunity to take that risk, obviously because there's a risk that comes along with it, but to turn the keys over to a former player, I mean, LaVall, I know you've coached, and everyone's got their own reasons for doing it or not doing it, but like you fall in that category.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: I mean, I feel like, now we can do everything we want to do and still coach, so why not think about it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: We could still do radio and do shows, and not, you know, not have to choose.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're gonna do? Do that three am wake up call?
Speaker 6: I mean I'll say this, I'll say this, que we do this show, and I when I do the show out of State College, I am the only one in the building. Yeah, I am the only one in the building. And midway through our last hours when I start to see life come into the building. So if I'm only thirty minutes off, you know, I'm just saying I got the rest of my day. We could make the schedule. I mean, let's think about it. Let's talk about it. You know, I think you and I should think about this. And like I said, we'll make Jonas like ours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, that's talk about you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm roping you. Yeah, I'm roping. I think you need to be the GM and I need to be the coach. That's what I think, GM and coach, and we'll do it that way.
Speaker 3: Well, what's Jonah's gonna do?
Speaker 6: So Jonas would be the designated because he's he's good at this, he's got a background in it. He would lead up ticket sales, all right. We put him as the person that leads up ticket sales.
Speaker 5: And and Lee.
Speaker 6: We would have Lee that we'd have Lee head up the sanitary you know crew, the sanitation crew that that takes care. No, No, I don't want Lee being involved. Yeah, I want Lee to make sure that the bathrooms are clean and and like all the locker room make sure that the locker rooms. Yeah, make sure the locker rooms are clean, all that good stuff. But you know, I think that would be good if he led that, led that division.
Speaker 5: And then we can we oft we out.
Speaker 3: We on the we on the roll.
Speaker 1: We on a roll.
Speaker 6: Now, like, let's go with it. I'm okay with that. You know what's interesting. I did want to coach at the college level. At one point I thought about I thought about going to Arizona State when when a p left for Arizona State, Like I thought about it, you know, I thought about it a couple of times. I thought about going with with coach locked at one point in time. So, you know, I loved coaching. But one thing I will say. One thing I will say is if you take coaching seriously, there is a lot that goes, especially at the college and high school level. I don't know so much about pro I'm not really privy to it. That way, but just being a part of it in terms of how I've been a part of, you know, development at the college level and at.
Speaker 5: The high school level, there's just.
Speaker 6: As much, if not more emotional emotional work that you have to put in and be ready for, and that generally is round the clock. So if you're talking about you know, schematics and different things like that x's and o's, that was something that I was really really like into. It's funny. I was looking at a picture of me and Urban doing doing we were drawing up plays in the avocado room at FS one, and just that was something than that I could do all day long, is just listen and interact with a coach of his his caliber and us draw up plays and look at like what schematically, what what this does, what it means? You know, how does that impact you know, coverage, how does this pool? This player there, whatever, so on and so forth. I really enjoyed that as a coach and as a player. I just think people ef it up all the time. There's two people that eff it up, administrators e f it up and parents. Those are the two entities as to why I left football. I don't like administrators. I think they get in the way. So if you don't, if you don't find yourself in a good situation where the people that are making decisions aren't aren't supportive, and aren't on board with what you want to do, that is it's a waste of time and parents and parents are probably number one. I hate to say it, but it's our number one. I don't like parents. Would you rather be an NFL or college coach? Honestly, you have more things you have to do at the college level, But I would love to be a college coach more than a pro coach because I think there's still more of a humanistic side to being a coach in college. And I mean it's probably because they're still developing, is that I think so? I think so because I'm more into it that way. Then it's just cut dry. This is your job. You do it like I don't like having to feel that way.
Speaker 2: I think the other thing that is appealing because of that, and I think, look, Nil, you know gets the uh, I don't know, probably the wrong. I don't know if it's a connotation to it, but like people think because Anil has infiltrated college football that like everyone's turning the pros, and all these kids are are jerks and it's all about money. Look, it probably is for the top, you know, two three percent. I mean, the rest of some of these kids, especially a big schools, are gonna make money. But there's a huge part of them being where they are because of things outside of football, like the education, the the alumni, the experience, the networking, the whatever's gonna happen after football's done. So I do think that's a cool part to hear you say that because the majority, the large majority of college football players aren't going pro, right, Like I figure out what the exact percentage is, a three percent and something like that, but whatever the number is, there's a large portion that aren't. And so you are coaching into them things that they need to worry about as a father, as a dad, as a business owner, as an employee, like whatever the case is. It's all those lessons that the game teaches you that you're trying to share with them. So I get that. That's and again that's why I get excited when I see like Deshaun Jackson or I see Mike Vick And just from knowing Mike a little bit from Fox, like like that's a guy that has so many life experiences that he can share with young people who are still trying to figure it out, and hopefully, you know, be able to get in touch with them in a way that leads them down a path where they can avoid some of the things. I mean, look as a father now, like I've got four kids, I'm already I have a fifth coming up here, and I can tell you right now, my six year old daughter is the type that unfortunately, she just has to make mistakes like she has.
Speaker 3: She's just I've.
Speaker 2: Tried my best at this point in time of her life, and hopefully I can get it out of her, but I try to get it to realize, Like she doesn't need to touch the stove that's hot when Dad tells her it's hot, But she's the type that needs to.
Speaker 6: Do that because she wants to know how hot does hot mean? She wants to rundstand what your level? Because I was im, that's who I was. It's like, don't touch it, it's hot, you'll get burnt. But really will it burn me or would it just burn you?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: Is it hot enough to burn you and not hot enough to burn me?
Speaker 6: Or is this hot really like, oh yeah, like I touch it, like that is hot.
Speaker 2: Now appreciate now I get it. Have you just talked to her on speakerphone? Then from now on so I'm gonna call you probably five times a day to have to talk my six year old off the ledge of whatever decisions she's about ready to make. But but the whole point is, like obviously, if if whoever it is, you know, former player guys like Mike Vick, like Deshaun Jackson, when they can you know, speak into these guys' lives like it could be life changing, like college.
Speaker 6: It is life changing. Listen, I'll say this. I just sent man Man to to Penn State yesterday. We just dropped him off to go to Penn State and get you know, get going with the team yesterday. And that was that was an earth moving experience to know that that's what he grew up around.
Speaker 5: I've coached.
Speaker 6: I coached pretty much his entire life, whether it was under Armour games, whether it was doing the under Armour camps, coaching at Long Beach Polleague, coaching at Mayri Natha, coaching at Charter Oak. I've coached his entire life. And the one thing that was always important was the development, the growth of belief, the development the growth of understanding self confidence, self worth, you know, being accountable, learning accountability. You know, one thing that you find to be very challenging is is that a lot of young young men these days don't even understand what accountability really represents, and then what self accountability.
Speaker 5: You know, what it truly represents.
Speaker 6: And just have an opportunity to be a part of that growth and that understanding and illuminating moments. I think you're one hundred percent right, Q, because I think if a guy can't you know, part of me getting back in shape.
Speaker 5: To the audience out there that doesn't know this, I was like obeses.
Speaker 6: I was like super fat and fat, my face, fat, my belly, just overweight, And I started.
Speaker 3: You always do this, that's so over the top.
Speaker 6: The reason fat, the reason why I went back into my lige.
Speaker 4: Why he's the mom from what TD Gilbert Crape.
Speaker 5: I'm not that big. We had to burn the house down. It was not that big, bro.
Speaker 3: You were never as big as you.
Speaker 5: Always think big.
Speaker 6: Super It was almost three hundred pounds, man, it was almost three hundred pounds. Like I was like five ten pounds away from from three hundred that's big as hell, that's like I'm on my way to two forty five. Two thirty eight said I'm on my way too. And part of the reason why I went on that journey to get myself back in shape is because I still have great relationships with guys at Penn State and guys that are in high school, and I can't be walking around them being fat and out of shape and not taking care of myself and telling them about self accountability and doing things the right way and making sure that you handle you know your your health and your nutrition. It's like they're looking at me like you're not doing it, you don't do it, And I was, and on God, that is a large part, a large reason. And thanks to PhD weight loss doctor. By the way, I took that journey. I knew this was coming.
Speaker 5: I took that journey a lee.
Speaker 4: There's your live spot fare.
Speaker 3: Going.
Speaker 5: It's the truth though, I mean, you do look great. Thank you, yeah, thank you? You shoot me all right? Thank you?
Speaker 4: Uh. By the way, celebrate the journeys that bring us closer together with an exclusive offer on a vehicle you'll adore at the Mercedes Benz Holiday Love celebration going on down through January second. Learn more at mbusa dot com Slash special offers. All right, it is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. Coming up next here though, we're going to ask the question who's leaving somebody's out in the NFL. We'll get into that discussion for you right here on Fso.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 5: Tell me how that works. You go from being on top to down in the gutt.
Speaker 4: It's like the opposite of a parlay. No, you can't already did no one there?
Speaker 5: It is the Dan.
Speaker 4: Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. I'm telling you, man, these the Latin news networks, they're really it's a different presentation, you know, just the whole thing, the whole the whole morning news of a different presentation the way they do it there. So it's fun. It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas in for Dan.
Speaker 5: And the guys.
Speaker 4: By the way, a little over fifteen minutes from now, we're going to present to this audience something we do on our show to Rows and a cup of Joe.
Speaker 5: It's called Lee's Leftovers.
Speaker 4: We basically turn it over, turned the keys over to Lee, and Lee our producer and just as God for help and say basically, you know, like you're just hoping that before you pull the shoot, you're hoping that it works, you know. So we're gonna we're gonna dust that one off and try it out in the audience here coming up in a little over fifteen minutes from now. I'd like to uh, I would like to admit something that I got wrong.
Speaker 3: Apologize what do you get wrong?
Speaker 2: But what did you what did you make a far too early declaration of.
Speaker 4: So for people that weren't listening, we were discussing the MVP in the NFL, and about three weeks ago, I said, it's a done deal. Get the shovel out, start putting the dirt on the casket, you know, like everything is Yeah, it is over. Josh Allen is the MVP of the league. Like I was convinced. And then Lamar Jackson kept playing football for the past three weeks and I'm like, you know what, I got it wrong. He is by far and away the best quarterback in the NFL this season, by far and away the MVP of the season. I'm not saying he's going to win it, but right now the odds have slipped, Josh Allen is still a two to one favorite. I think there's a real shot, and there's like a ground swell of support for people going, hold on a second, we're really just not gonna give it to him because we're fatigued by what he's doing. He was the MVP last year and he's significantly better this year. And just watching him the other day, I'm like, don't I don't know who you like look at Josh Allen's resume and go, oh yeah, I know Hubberd saying give it over to man like Lamar Jackson's the best quarterback in the NFL. And I was way wrong on that. So I would like to apologize to you guys here on the show.
Speaker 2: I mean, didn't we try to warn you of this and making this proclamation that Josh Allen on it?
Speaker 3: After what game? Was it that you declared that that was it?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 4: The was it the Lions getting not the Lions. It was before that, even when they lost to the Rams. I said, oh god, look what he did in that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of weird. It's kind of weird. Lamar is so good.
Speaker 6: I mean he's playing lights out right now. Yeah, he's hitting, he's so balanced, and he's doing it in so many different ways. And listen, you can throw the argument point out that you know he does have Derrick Henry to to run the football for him. Uh, but I would again, we talked about this on the show yesterday, I would argue that Derrick Henry. If you're going to say Lamar Jackson needs Derrick Henry, I would say that Derek Henry needs Lamar Jackson just as much, if not more. And the idea that you now have to have you have to play it honest on both sides and honest for the defense, meaning I can't I can't take a chance like, Okay, we can stop this running back. So I'm gonna go. We gotta get on our horse and go after that that quarterback because we can't let him get you know, get in the open. It's gonna be tough, or if we take too long, he actually will find someone down the field. You can't say that with the running back because if you let Derek Henry get his shoulders pointing north south, you're gonna have an issue. I don't care how good you are, you're gonna have a problem trying to deal with him. So you got to stay at home and you gotta play it. Those RPOs are freaking hell to deal with with this Ravens team. And what'd you say you get give credit to the offensive coordinator they brought in Monken and just taking the strengths of what he does Lamar Jackson does, and then adding a running back and taking the strengths of what he does and adding that to the total hole of what they both bring to the table.
Speaker 5: What's it like as a defender when you got to see those.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, it's a it's a it's a major it's a major headache to defend, even if you're prepared for it. You know, you know the tendencies, you know what they're going to do. It's just a whole nother thing to have to stop it.
Speaker 4: Was there any combination close to that? No, Like, what was the most daunting quarterback running back combo you.
Speaker 5: Dealt with running wise, I mean I would no, don't.
Speaker 6: Know, so this is just another level. Yeah, bro was work done with with Mike Vick. I don't know if they were together that I mean, I don't remember, so it wouldn't be like I'm not going to say it's significant. I don't think there's a significant running back they were together, that's I mean, that's but they weren't running RPOs like it wasn't it wasn't as evolved offenses Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't go. I wouldn't get carried away with that. I just I just think that the way offenses have evolved and where where offensive schemes have gone, it is much more friendly to a mobile quarterback than what it's ever have been in time.
Speaker 2: So like like I would have loved to see Michael Vick, and it's it's tough because you know, Vic probably has a stronger arm and I don't know. To Levar's point, offenses are much more conducive to fitting around the skill set of a quarterback now, whereas when Mike Vick came to the league, I mean they were probably trying to coach him up on the different seven and five step drops and play action and fakes and all that crap like instead of just building the entire offense around. And I'm sure there's certain things that they put in for him specifically, but not like today game.
Speaker 6: It's entirely different. It's different, man, and listen. Skill Wise, I think they're built differently. I think they as I mentioned before, I think they both have skill sets that are similar, and I think they both have skill sets that are very unique to them. But looking at the way the balance in which they're playing in Baltimore right now, and the idea that you're seeing the numbers go down in terms of Lamar Jackson's rushing yards and his attempts to on running, and yet he's still getting and he's getting less yards, but he is still running the ball when it makes sense and running it well. But he's looking to find his receivers more than what he has in years past, and that could be the big differentiator going into this year's playoffs, is that he's going to find the open guy you're trying to pull up as a defense, and you got to make it decision. Do I stay in coverage or do I try to go get him? If I stay in coverage and he comes up out of that backfield, I might not get to him. If I go to get to him and he sees it, he's gonna let it go and go and go downfield. Oh, by the way, on the backside. Because we're doing this RPO style offense. If he hands the ball off before we even get to that point of him stressing you out on holding the ball and keeping it as a run pass option, he may hand it off to to Derek. And if he hands it off to him, everybody has to stay put and stay in place because you don't know if he's getting the ball. If he gets the ball, you got a rally to Derrick Henry immediately. You got to one guy may not get him and if he gets his shoulders turned, now you gotta start thinking about business decisions going forward and not ain't what you want an entire game.
Speaker 5: It's just the perfect storm man.
Speaker 6: Jalen Hurts and Saquan had this, But Jalen Hurts is, no, we're near the amount of skill and talent in terms of just pure athleticism going along with what goes with what he brings.
Speaker 5: To the table.
Speaker 6: That would be the closest comp But but Lamar and Derek are on. That's a whole different that's a different stratosphere if you ask me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now we get to see whether or not it plays out in a deep run in the postseason.
Speaker 2: Jonas got a quick question for you, because you are one that likes to make bets.
Speaker 3: You're a betting man.
Speaker 2: Sure, and in the past you have made some outlandish bets and you haven't necessarily paid up for all of them. I'm sure Lee can try to find that somewhere where you've made some bets about different color analysts for TV. But that being said, that being said, would you like to make a bet now on the Dan Patrick Shawan live air what you will do if Josh Allen does not win the MVP.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean you've made this proclamation a few weeks and you got to pay it. Yeah, you actually have.
Speaker 3: To follow through.
Speaker 2: I mean, there was something about Tony Romo making over ten million a year or something one time.
Speaker 3: He never paid that one up.
Speaker 4: By the way, if Tony Roma gets ten million dollars a year, I'm getting a sex change.
Speaker 5: First of all, that.
Speaker 6: Still Jonas knocks, and I'm looking at Jonas Knocks voice is still the same, everything still the same.
Speaker 2: We can still really aggravate you and get you motivated by tapping the truck nuts as the earlier.
Speaker 6: Yeah you can. You can double down on that bet that you did not pay up on all those years ago by making the double down bet to date right now? All right, So Lamar has a grill, right, he does have a grill. Josh Allen doesn't win MVP.
Speaker 3: I have to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm not real, not a show. I'm not paying for it. I'm not paying for that. I want to be upfront.
Speaker 5: I'll do the Rob Parker.
Speaker 6: You got to wear it to grill for like a month straight and you can't take it out except to go to sleep.
Speaker 5: I'll do. You know what the Rob Parker grill is?
Speaker 3: What's what tinfoil?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, by the way, that's by the way, that's not the Rob Parker one. That's yours. But you're a cheap ass too, So.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't do it. Rob Parker did for Halloween.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that might be the case.
Speaker 2: But you do the you do the beyond Jonas Knox version, which is that cheap ass version you're gonna try to pull.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't know what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta switch it up. Not not a grill. Come on, let's go back to pole pumps twenty pole pumps live live.
Speaker 3: No one even knows what that is.
Speaker 2: You're the only person I've ever heard talk about a pole pump pump.
Speaker 6: The poll people know about it. Twitter in Xen they know, they know what the polls the idea about that.
Speaker 5: I don't trust they all know it. I don't trust it. Already did that already done?
Speaker 6: Yeah, repeat the latest one done? Already already handled it all right.
Speaker 5: I just know that.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: If you want to, uh like really attack that Ravens offense, you probably gotta have a good defense.
Speaker 5: You need better communication, I would say, is that right?
Speaker 6: Well, in an emergency, you might want to use a rapid radio because it's instant push to talk walkie talkies uh for clear national lt coverage and one touch communication.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: You'll get peace of mind and well you'll be able to connect with family and emergency. So go to rappidradios dot com for up to sixty percent off and free shipping.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah it is Dan Patrick Show here Fox Sports Radio up next. We will close up shop on this Friday with a little special edition of Lee's Leftovers right here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 4: Weird Live Patrick Show, Fox Sports Radio, LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. We're gonna be back in this time slot filling in for Dan and the guys. Coming up on Monday as well too, so we'll have a full recap of the busy weekend in the NFL, some bowl games in college football, all that for you coming up on Monday. A reminder before we close up shop here today, shortly after the show, the podcast will be going up. If you've missed any of it, be sure to check out the pod. Search Dan Patrick or two Pros wherever you get your podcast. Be sure to also follow rate and review it again. Just search Dan Patrick or two Pros wherever you get your podcast. You will see this show posted right after we get off the air.
Speaker 1: Please might smell a little fun, what sounds incredible, but they're still good. Time to find out what's lap? It's Lee's Lap?
Speaker 5: Overs.
Speaker 4: All right, we've turned the keys over to lead to lap our executive producer.
Speaker 5: Buckle up, Lee, let's try this out with this audience.
Speaker 7: All right, let's try it out.
Speaker 8: We obviously have a holiday week of football all week long.
Speaker 7: But today we have five college bowl games.
Speaker 8: Hell yeah, including the Armed Horses Bowl kicking things off Oklahoma versus Navy. Later, we have the Holiday Bowl on Fox between Syracuse and Washington State.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, sweet.
Speaker 8: Also got Georgia Tech versus Vanderbilt, Texas Tech versus Arkansas. That's the Liberty Bowl, Birmingham Bull and Las Vegas Ball later this evening.
Speaker 3: So we've got them.
Speaker 2: We've got the Armed Forces Bull starting up here in about ten minutes on the East Coast.
Speaker 3: What twelve pm Eastern? Lee?
Speaker 2: How many of these games are gonna be sober for? There's four of them today, the last one starts at a pm Eastern? How many will you be sober for?
Speaker 8: I will be sober for the first two and then probably around a Liberty Bowl.
Speaker 2: No, buddy, you've got maybe one game. I actually think maybe one half.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was gonna say halftime of the Oklahoma Navy.
Speaker 5: Gets turned Lee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not even it's not even nine o'clock out here, isn't this bloody Mary hour?
Speaker 8: That's a good call, you know what, you guys are right. I'm gonna go get a bloody Mary after this.
Speaker 1: Way.
Speaker 3: That was really hard. That was really hard Friday. It is right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's the holidays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know you put on some Jimmy Buffett this time of year, A little bloody Mary for you lead, put on some college football.
Speaker 3: I think that goes well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, start, start the start the bubbles on the hot tub.
Speaker 7: I think your guys are got.
Speaker 5: Heat up the hot tub. What what hot up my hot tub? Wait? Wait you're a hot what wait?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 5: Wait what what hot tub? Where is it?
Speaker 7: I got a hot tub at the Folks Place, damn over there.
Speaker 3: So your it's your folks is hot tub.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Will you be alone or will you be a coompanied? First game? Will be alone?
Speaker 3: Oklahoma's gonna say, are your parents gonna walk in on you? Just sipping a bloody marry watching college football.
Speaker 5: In the hot hot It wouldn't be the first.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't be the first time. It probably won't be then, By.
Speaker 4: The way, where are the all the USC fans that were claiming us c's back after they opened up the year in Vegas and beat LSU only and up right back in Vegas to book n year in the Las Vegas Bowl against Texas A, and M sure that'll be a packed house there for this nothing else going on in Vegas.
Speaker 5: What a waste, tang.
Speaker 8: Guys, if you do need a break from the football, which I don't know why you would, but if you did, lots of good movies out this weekend, A complete unknown on Bob Dylan, no splitter out to Vampire movie and uh what just.
Speaker 5: Open Lion King?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Move Move FOSSA was better than the original, better than the original, and yes I did.
Speaker 5: Okay, Fire Fire movie.
Speaker 8: That's the one I haven't seen yet. I'll go see that Fire the Fire. Speaking of Fire, the Fire inside is a sports biography film on Oressa Shields.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's supposed to be pretty good.
Speaker 8: First American woman to win the Gold So that'd be worth checking out as well.
Speaker 4: Out Tang, I thought you said you like boxing, I'm good, okay. Plus, I mean, you know the Aaron Rodgers documentary after I started in that, you know on Netflix it's hard to get in anything else.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's kind of random to bring that up out of nowhere.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying he's got a man crush on him.
Speaker 4: Is I think there's a new UFO documentary as well too, Is that right?
Speaker 5: What's it called?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 5: What's we call it? Actually?
Speaker 4: I think it's called the Program by program?
Speaker 3: What else you get?
Speaker 7: Squid Games too, just came out and started that game.
Speaker 8: Guy's an update on Panthers rookie Xavier Leget obviously made the rounds last week talking about eating some raccoon over the over the holiday time. Our teammates, She and a quick out of FSR thirteen forty and Charlotte says she had tried some. He pulled it out of his locker room. She said, it was very well seasoned, very spicy.
Speaker 4: What do you mean, he, what is it like beef jerky?
Speaker 8: It looks like a pulled pork al mostly? Yes, it looked very stringy.
Speaker 5: Eh, very strange.
Speaker 4: I'm not eating anything. We got hit by a truck. It might have not a gout hit by truck.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 6: It might not have been road kill. I mean, they will do that, but it just is it's not always rod killed. They might have hunted thecoon like Why can't you just eat like something else? I get a tune of sandwich. I don't know how to respond to it. Just it's not enough time.
Speaker 5: Was that Italy Well?
Speaker 8: An update on our flying friend in the studio, mister Bat that got away a few weeks ago.
Speaker 7: I think I might have found it. Might could smell them above my desk.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I smell something over there.
Speaker 3: There's there's a course.
Speaker 6: Uh, let one go, stand a chance. It's also on his chair very weekend