Speaker 1: Hig and everybody. I'm Dan Hord and thanks for downloading the Bengals Booth Podcast. The last night I took an l but tonight a bounce back addition, as the Bengals look to rebound from Sunday's loss to the Texans as they face the Baltimore Ravens on Thursday Night Football coming up, Andrew Whitworth will be part of the Amazon Prime broadcast team and I'll talk to Big Wit about the Cincinnati Baltimore rivalry and his friendship with Joe Burrow. Then I'll go one on one with safety Michael Thomas, who hasn't appeared in a game yet this year, but continues to be one of the biggest leaders on the team. The Bengals Booth Podcast has brought to you by pay Corps, proud to be the Bengals official HR software provider, by Alta Fiber future proof fiber Internet designed to elevate your home, business, and community to a new level, and by Kettering Health the best care for the best fans. Kettering Health is the official healthcare provider of the Bengals. Now here's a quick reminder that you can have the latest edition of this podcast delivered write to your phone, tablet, or computer by subscribing wherever you get your podcasts. It's the greatest thing since Jeff Wagner aka Bengal banner Boy. If you've ever been to a game at pay Court Stadium, chances are you've seen one of the forty foot long banners hanging high above the fifty yard line in section three forty. They've been made for every home game for more than twenty years by a rider dive Bengals fan named Jeff Wagner. His social media handle is at Bengal banner Boy. The banners are skillfully painted, very clever, and often paid tribute to specific players or coaches. Examples include Joey to Chase was the Choice and Loudini's d is Elite.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Last week, the banner read coffin Nails Bam Bam bam, a nod to what Dave Lapham and I typically say after plays that clinch Bengals wins. Unfortunately, there was no such play against Houston last week, but here's hoping we get to scream that on Thursday night. Now time for a game preview, beginning with one of the best players in Bengals history. He was a four time Pro Bowler. He was the NFL's Man of the Year in twenty twenty one, and one day he will be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. It is great to visit with our friend Andrew Widworth. Which are going to be part of the broadcast team on Thursday Night when the Bengals take on the Ravens and you were part of that rivalry twenty two times. What stands out about Bengals Ravens games?
Speaker 3: Man, I got so many good stories of playing those games. I you know, some really good ones. I think one of my first starts in Primtime actually was Bengals Ravens in Cincinnati. Might have been Thursday Night Football actually playing Terrell Suggs. So I'll never forget that moment, you know, for first time ever growing up as a fan watching him play, getting drafted to Cincinnati and realizing you got to playim and prime Time wasn't as exciting, but it was fun. There's a lot of great robberies there, man, there's a lot of fun. I'll also remember, I think twenty ten or eleven, maybe I try to finish Ray Lewis after a play and I found out real quick. While he's considered their leader in Captain because I think the entire defense jumped me.
Speaker 2: After the snap. So I've had some great Bengals Ravens memories.
Speaker 3: Man, it's a lot of fun. The band, the Flags. I always loved playing in Baltimore. I tell people now it's still one of the places I thought was the.
Speaker 2: Most fun to go play. Just the energy of that stadium.
Speaker 1: The atmosphere is going to be awesome on Thursday night. It always is in Baltimore. Let's talk a little bit about Joe Burrow. You two became close back in twenty twenty when he was recovering from knee surgery and you were recovering from knee surgery, hung out on your couch in California. What'd you learn about Joe during that time period.
Speaker 3: I think just what a rare duty is man. I mean, on the football, off of it, just a rare human being, I think I was.
Speaker 2: I walked away from that. Uh. You know, obviously you're.
Speaker 3: Playing at LSU as a fan of his, playing in Cincinnati at place I love, you know, like two places that I really special in my heart. But I walked away from it just a fan of Joe Burrow, the man and the competitor, and so I have been an avid aviod border of him, and and uh, you know, I I producers are guys on the crew. They always laugh they know I'm taking Joe's side on anything. Uh, just because I believe in him that much. I think he's that specially young human being, you know. And and I think in this career and where he is in this league as a young man, I think that sky's the limit. And I can't wait to watch the journey and the ride because I think he's just one of those guys that being at your best when your best is require competitive greatness. He's one of the most unique people when he comes to that that I've been around, and he has the mindset of it. And so I always just get excited and look forward to what the journey is going to look like.
Speaker 2: Man, I can't wait to keep following it.
Speaker 1: Let's turn to the guys that are protecting Joe. Since their Super Bowl loss to your Rams, the Bengals have certainly addressed the offensive line. They've signed three free agents that are starting. They drafted Cordel Vohlson. How do you think that group is playing?
Speaker 2: I think they've continued to get better and better this year.
Speaker 3: I think that one thing it really sticks out to me is that, you know, Jona Williams man what a move for him. I mean I was telling somebody this a couple of weeks ago. I did a podcast on offensive line play, and to me, he's one of those guys that this may literally have gone from something that you know, you always say in life with career opportunities, you know, sometimes what you think could be the worst thing ever is the best, I think, and moving to the right side maybe something that extends his career and even maybe his ceiling in the league as a player.
Speaker 2: I thought. I think he's.
Speaker 3: Really shown that he's got a lot of upside there and could be a really solid, you know, consistent player, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and even maybe an elite one. I think that he's looked really good.
Speaker 3: So it's being signed to watch and then, you know, I think with Orlando and everybody else, it's just it's been fun to watch as they've grown together, got to know each other. He's me playing a new offense, you know, it's for him coming over from Kansas City. It's it's still different and getting to know your quarterback.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: He's continued to show why he was that prize free agent at that position. And then you know, the rest of that group has gotten better and better over the years. You know, I know Rod Fitzpatrick, my teammate with the Amazon, has plosed with Teddy Karris, so we we get updates from Teddy and what a fun guy he is, and that group and the interior has really gotten better and better. So I think it's a fun group to watch. Maybe you know, potentially, you know, the best O line for sure that Burrows had since he's been there, and one of the better old lines. And you know, in the recent memory of Cincinnati, if they continue to progress this way, really what they're going to have to lean on though, When you've got a special quarterback as unique as Joe, you need a special offensive line to go with them. And so it's been good to see that group continue to get better and better every week.
Speaker 1: Going back to that Super Bowl game you were matched up against, Trey Hendrickson has become one of the elite pass rushers in the NFL. We've heard that Trey takes on a different personality when he's on the field. There's on field tray and off field tray. Was it a unique experience for you.
Speaker 3: It was you know, he's he's a funny guy man on the field, he talks a lot and just a character, you know.
Speaker 2: I think there's that famous clip of him and I.
Speaker 3: You know, when a play gets blown dead that he keeps rushing and then asked me to stop blocking him and like screaming at me by it, and I'm like, if you're gonna keep moving, I'm gonna keep moving. That's how football works, like, you know, so I don't stop till you stop. So it's it's entertaining, but it's fun to watch. I mean, he's he's a guy man, his energy and passion and he's one of the guys to me that that really changed this era of Cincinnati Bengal history and the way they play. I mean, honestly on that side of the football, the energy and passion he plays with, I think that that's who they lean on now, especially with some of the safeties gone with Von Bell and then Jesse Bates gone. I mean, he's kind of that one of those guys that it's like, hey, we're gonna look to a veteran on this football team and how we play the game of football and compete He's that guy. So it's been fun to continue to watch him and had a lot of fun playing with him in the Super Bowl, just because I'd played him in New Orleans a couple of times. But you know, it's unique when you go somewhere else and you're kind of signed there to be the guy. I think your personality comes out a little more. And I thought New Orleans I couldn't even remember him speaking, And in Cincinnati he was quite a character and we had a good time.
Speaker 1: We're visiting with Andrew Whidworth. You overlapped with Zach Taylor for two years in Los Angeles. What are his biggest strengths as a leader?
Speaker 2: Oh, man, I.
Speaker 3: Think just consistency and really the pulse he has on his guys and his team in his locker room. I mean, I can remember him being here and coming to me and telling me that he was going to take the interview opportunity. And I also remember talking to Duke, you know, way before that, even about guys that I thought across the league that would be possible candidates.
Speaker 2: And so I was excited to hear that they were going to interview.
Speaker 3: Zach and he because he was down one of the guys on that list for me, and then to hear his act excitement about going there. I can remember him talking about Cincinnati with me and us kind of going through the city and everything else, and we had some good memories of that, and then him getting the job. Man, I was so excited for him. I think he's I always thought he was this guy to me that like, if you've ever played on a team with a really good just like a quarterback or backup quarterback who just kind of is the guy that you're like, Man, when this dude's in the game, you just feel like we're gonna do something because he just has that energy and belief about himself and just carries himself in a way where you know, like when it just comes down to competition, we're going to compete in a way that.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have some fun and get after it and we're gonna wing it and let it ride.
Speaker 3: And he has that personality and I'm sure his players feel that too, that that's who he is. He's a fighter and a competer, competitor, and so I think, you know, I couldn't be more happy for him.
Speaker 2: Man. I'm really excited to see and continue to watch how his coaching career goes.
Speaker 1: There's one player left from your last year in Cincinnati, and that's why Tyler Boyd, who's had a great year but unfortunately had a costly drop at the end of the game last week. As a teammate and friend, how would you approach that?
Speaker 3: Oh, Man, I mean, I think you got to remember who he's been and what he's been for this franchise. I mean, moments are exactly that. They're small moments, and that'll be forgotten in three weeks when you know they have a chance to get back on this thing. If they get back to winning and doing things the right way, he'll continue to make plays and be exactly who he's always been and.
Speaker 2: Nobody will remember that moment. Man.
Speaker 3: You know, look, setbacks are just great opportunities for amazing comebacks. And so anytime you have those moments, I've given up sacks, you know, in a critical moment of a game, or let a quarterback get hit, or maybe I had your best snap. Guys that are wired like Tyler Boyd is man, he's gonna have something special happen because that's who he is. And you watch those kind of guys play, you know, It's almost like having this small thing that you consider a setback or a moment that they failed set up for an insane run after. And so I expect nothing less from him, man, because of the guy he is and the competitor is with.
Speaker 1: The Bengals are last in rushing yards per game, They're twenty eighth and rushing yards per attempt. Does it matter when Burrow and these receivers or do they need to get more out of the running game.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you look at it up.
Speaker 3: You know, a lot of people always compare Joe and Tom Brady and put them in those sentences of you know, hey, these are guys that are similar, those comparisons, and I think there is and there's been years where Tom Brady, you know, especially in the Tampa years, struggle.
Speaker 2: To run the football.
Speaker 3: His offenses did, but they were still really productive and really good football team.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I still think for me, you know, and how I love football, I would love to see him, you know, find a way to be more effective in the run game. I've always said this about him. I mean that's usually the first thing that I look to, and when the Cincinnati Bengals are running the football well under Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: They're unstoppable.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody can stop them offensively if they can run the football well, because when they do it seems like that offense there's really no answers. And so them figuring out the run game and how they can run it well and and what situations and who with I think that it's a big part of this offense. And to me, I put that right there with his ability to check the ball down and be able to get yards out of that as well, you know, and I think that you look over time when Burrow can do that, he has the kind of guys that get him some yat yardage off of those checkdowns, and also the you know, kind of a you know, almost like a run, but it's a short version of it, you know, and then throwing it. But when you see him be able to do that, spread the ball around, get yat yardage, and then also them run the football effectively, they're a really tough offense to get off the field. And so those are really the things I look to when I turn on the tape and say, hey, how Cincinnati playing up front and how they're playing on offense.
Speaker 1: You see the Thursday Night game every week now with Amazon, what's the biggest challenge for players to participate in a Thursday night game.
Speaker 3: I mean when I was playing, you know, I don't know. I was just one of those guys ever sided with the guys who thought it was tough. I mean, to me, it's like, you know, if you're a daily rhythm guy, to where on Sunday you playing a game, and on Monday you come in, you get your lift and you're in really your flush or your body and everything else. On Tuesday you move. I mean, you look at our week, Wednesday and Thursday are usually our roughest, you know, most physical days, you know, in our practice schedule anyways, And so even later in my career when I didn't practice on Wednesdays, Thursday was still like even my career of the Rams, I still practiced in every padded practice on Thursday because that was our padded day. So I could handle that load that day. So to me, when you said, all right, man, I get into my rhythm of like it's practice Thursday, I'm going in pads playing this game and then get a little bit of a bye week after it. Man, I was signed up for that any week now, maybe that was my age and just want a little bit of a break to go in the building. But you know, I think to me, the biggest challenge really is just, you know, do you have a process. And so I think that you see some of these guys that maybe they've always trusted their by he just heals by the time the next time they play, and they're not as on top of those things, take care of their body day in and day out, they might not enjoy these game as much. But I think if you're on top of those type things, then man, you enjoy. Hey, man, I get extra couple of days to let the body reset, even maybe get more conditioning and different things in that I wouldn't only get to get in between games. I've always thought to me it was a positive looking at this matchup.
Speaker 1: The Ravens defense is number one in the NFL and fewest points allowed, number two in yards allowed. What makes this defense so formidable?
Speaker 2: Man? They have been special.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, really since the addition of Rokwan Smith, you've really seen this defense take that next little step. And then they continue to have some guys show up, you know, young guys that they relied on. You know, that's said, hey, we know these guys eventually are going to be who we think they are. And you've seen that in their past, Russ, You've seen it in their secondary. You know, it's really they're starting to become in a group that has a little bit of, you know, similar to what Cincinnati had.
Speaker 2: Go on there.
Speaker 3: You know, when you really saw Trey Hendrickson come in and DJ Reader and then when Jesse Bates and Von Bell and those guys, you almost saw different guys stepping up all different levels.
Speaker 2: Of the defense.
Speaker 3: And I think that's one of those things that's really made this group tough is that you kind of can see playmakers at every different level of it, and they're all feeding off of Hey, we got this guy in the middle named Rokwan Smith who's a tackling machine. And really is that tone center that sets that this is the identity and who we are and how we're gonna play football.
Speaker 1: Final thing for Andrew Whitworth, what are a couple of keys for the Bengals to get out of Baltimore with a victory on Thursday night.
Speaker 3: I think they're gonna be really have to be really efficient. I mean this team, this team, you know, Baltimore is gonna mix it up. They're gonna do some things similar to a Buffalo did. Try to disguise mix it up a little bit of what they're doing. How they're gonna come after you, and they're going to force, you know, the Bengals to have some answer for you know what, if you're not run the football, we're gonna tee off on you. And so they're going to try to make Joe get the ball out of his hand, and you can't let that pass rush.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna chew.
Speaker 3: But you look at this team Cincinnati typically under Joe burrow Man, they've had a response when they've had a setback and when they've had a loss, and so it's gonna be a lot of fun. And then to see Baltimore coming off the two. I mean, somebody was telling me the other day that, you know, man, I can't believe this happened to us. We got their game and they both end up losing. I said, man, this is the greatest thing that ever happened to us. Because if you know Baltimore and Cincinnati, it's gonna be an absolute war come Thursday night, because both these teams do not handle losing very well. So it's gonna be fun to watch who comes out he gets this done, because I know for Cincinnati, you're gonna have to be prepared for all the things that this new offense under Lamar really brings. It's a different style offense than he's had in the past. And then defensively they are really good, so you're gonna have to be efficient and you know, hopefully if t Higgins is back, you know that'll help them. If not, you know what it's gonna be. Jamar Chase is the superstar and we're gonna have to prove why.
Speaker 1: Wit after a Hall of Fame career, you are doing a fantastic job. It's a broadcaster. It's no surprise. I appreciate your time and look forward to seeing you on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Appreciate so much, Sam Man, Thank you always for the time.
Speaker 1: The Bengals Booth Podcast is brought to you by pay Corps, Proud to be the Bengals official HR software provider, by Alta Fiber future proof fiber Internet designed to elevate your home, business and community to a new level, and by Kettering Health the best care for the best fans. Kettering Health is the official healthcare provider of the Bengals. I've seen a lot of references this week to the bengals lousy record in primetime games on the road. Our friend Jay Morrison, who covers the Bengals for Pro Football Network, pointed out this week that they've dropped fourteen in a row. Those numbers are accurate, but as I like to point out, this is the year for JB as in Joe Burrow. Anything before that should be disregarded. Does Andy Dalton throwing a pick six in a primetime road game back in twenty thirteen really matter now? No, but it's fair to point out that the Bengals are zero to four in the Borough Era in primetime road games, losing in the AFC Championship Game last year at Kansas City, losing twice in Cleveland, and losing last year in Baltimore, where Joe gave them the lead with a touchdown run with one fifty eight to go, only to have Justin Tucker answer with a game winning field goal at the gun. When Joe Burrow is presented with an obstacle that he hasn't been able to overcome in the past, he usually takes care of it. Hopefully he'll cross a primetime road win off the list on Thursday night. Now time for this week's one on one player interview, I caught up with thirty three year old Bengals safety Michael Thomas this week. The former pro bowler for his special teams excellence is on the practice squad this year and hasn't been activated for a game yet, but as you'll hear, he continues to play an important role thanks to knowledge and leadership. Mike, I don't think anybody took the Texans lightly last week. I don't really believe that. But in every line of work, some weeks you bring your a game and some weeks you don't. Did you feel like things were just a little bit off last week?
Speaker 4: No, no question. I mean, and we're not gonna make any excuses.
Speaker 5: Dan, you turn on that tape and that's not us, that's not being a football you know, across the board. So you got to look at it. He's like, I don't think we thought it was a you know, quote unquote trap game, sleeper game, or we're taking them lightly. What I do think is that Texans team is probably a little better than what the whole NFL probably thought. And then two that we just got to play up to our standards, played better. Just do our job, that's it. And that wasn't the case on Sunday.
Speaker 1: So Houston had a lot of yards in the game. Five hundred and forty four yards, three fifty six passing, one to eighty eight rushing. You want to fix everything if you can, But what's the number one thing you us fix?
Speaker 4: Oh, you gotta fix the run game. You gotta fix the run game.
Speaker 5: Like and no level of football now Peewee High School College, definitely not the NFL is giving up over one hundred yards one hundred and fifty something rushing yards acceptable, Right, everything starts with stopping them run. You stop the run, you make that team one dimensional. You're able to get more exotic with the type of calls and pressures. You're dictating the game. Right when you allow them to rush for over one hundred yards on hundred and fifty yards, they're controlling the tembo home. So if you got to fix one thing, and trust me, we heard from Lou, but we heard it from ourselves as well. But we heard from Lou. The one thing you gotta fix this our run game. And clearly we're down, guys, But this is the NFL, A lot of people down guys, So whoever's in there, you got to play up to the standard.
Speaker 4: There can be no drop off. We gotta fix our run game.
Speaker 1: We're visiting with safety Michael Thomas. You're part of a secondary room with a lot of young guys, Cam Taylor, Brits in his second year, Dak Shills in his second year.
Speaker 2: You've got rookies.
Speaker 1: Jordan Battle, DJ Turner, Dji who hasn't played yet but will at some point.
Speaker 4: What stands out to you about all these young guys.
Speaker 5: I think is their resiliency and willing to learn quickly because this when it is the NFL, this is not the college you know what I'm saying, the college game that they're just coming from, either in the second year or as rookies, like you said, and we're calling on them to play significant amount of time and insignificant roles. So the fact that they're picking up this playbook, and you know lou he you know, he was nicknamed, you know, the mad Scientist for a reason. He's switching it up weekend, week out, and their attention to detail, coming in you know, extra meetings, they're coming in early.
Speaker 4: They're asking the right questions.
Speaker 5: They're going out to practice early, staying out late, doing extra drills because they it means something to them and they want to be right for all the vets in our rooms. So to see them and their growth week in and week out, it's impressive. And again at this point, you know, ten games into the NFL season or ten weeks, you know, you hardly can't even consider them rookies anymore, especially with the snap state of played. So you know, proud of them, but again, young dudes gotta grow quick because we're playing some some almost like playoff football.
Speaker 1: From this point forward, You've grown very close as a friend and mentor to Tyson Anderson. He took him under your wing last year. He had him over to the house for Thanksgiving dinner. He was hurt last year and unfortunately towards ACL a few weeks ago against San Francisco.
Speaker 2: How is he doing?
Speaker 1: And how did that one hit you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that one hit hard one because time on Tasor, you just just spent so much time and invested so much you know, time and energy to help this young man, you know, make that transition from college to the NFL, right, and you know what type of player he wants to be. So I'm doing everything in my power giving him all the game and now said, I have known that eventually he's going to be the one that steps in and plays, and that's fine. I want to see it. So you start seeing the success. Before he left, he was leading the league in the NFL special teams tackles and then to boom get hurt again for a season and you know, injury. That's tough. But he's in good spirits. I know his surgery went well. Uh talked to him just yesterday. You know, keeping him up in spirits because this is a journey. He's gonna go through a process where you know, might be some dark days. But just like your rookie year, you kept working, you kept grinding, knowing that at some point you don't know when, At some point it's gonna pay off, and it paid off this way, it's gonna be the same thing. As a matter of fact, this story is gonna be even greater because now you've proven you can play at a high level in the NFL. Goings to the special teams or defense. Let's get through this injury, come back stronger.
Speaker 4: You'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 1: Here in your twelfth NFL season.
Speaker 2: You're a former pro bowler.
Speaker 1: You played more than one hundred and twenty NFL games, but this year you're on the practice squad and haven't been elevated to the game day roster yet.
Speaker 4: How have you dealt with That's.
Speaker 5: An interesting question, Dan, And to be honest, my perspective is different at thirty three versus that twenty two and twenty three year old kid coming out of college.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: It's it's one of those things where it's like, look, I'm gonna prepare every day like, yo, I'm gonna be that speed I running down on kick oven oh if we you know, getting the pinch and need another dB play wherever in the secondary, I'm preparing every week like that. And now versus at twenty three, I understand that these young guys well, even though I might not be able to help them by being a teammate on the field, I can help them with my knowledge and I can see the mistakes that are made. I can see the issues that they might face even before they get there, and just trying to like help them ask those questions, help them, you know, change their alignments, help them with their technique. And for me not being elevated and playing. Yet I'm still finding gratification and seeing them go out and execute on something we might have worked on personally, not something the coach asked us to do.
Speaker 4: He and asked me to go.
Speaker 5: You know, I had these extra meetings, not something that you know, I'm trying to do so I can get brownie points so I could get elevated. It's just out of pure love for the game, because I had vets mentor meet and love for these young dudes that I'm going out there and helping them. And I see them go out there execute that and.
Speaker 4: Go make a play.
Speaker 5: That's the best, best feeling. The world almost closes like I'm making the play. So I'm handling it well and just knowing that, Hey, if that opportunity comes where I'm called upon a play, I'll be ready.
Speaker 4: But even if it's not, Dan, I'm good. I'm good, blessed.
Speaker 1: I asked safeties coach Robert Livingston what your willingness to be on the practice squad means to the team. Here's what he said, Oh, it means the world.
Speaker 6: You know, Mike is as special as anybody I've ever been around. Mike could could do anything in the world. He could work at Procter and Gamble. He could be in the government, he could be in secret service, he could do anything. And he's here with us, and he's away from his family, and he's he's putting himself through you know what a lot of other thirty three year olds won't do for the for the good of the team. You know, we talk all the time about a team mentality and what does that look like. That looks like Mike Thomas. So he's a special, special guy. I think the world of him. I do anything in the world for him. You know, He's made me a better person, a better coach, and just really grateful to have him.
Speaker 1: What do those words mean to you and what do you think your impact is?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, Dan, I try to be tough, but I get emotions sometimes, so I will not get choked up right here. But Rob's a great man and been a great mentor. And it's for the secondary for the past three years since I've been here. And I appreciate those words by you. Rob means more than you know, especially right now. But for me, hearing those things of what other people's perspective of me and how they see me think of me Man. I mean, I don't do any of this for that, Dan, but you know it, like anybody else, it feels good to hear those things. But for me, Man, just being the best teammate, best person every single day when I walk through those doors, that's just me and I'm gonna continue to do that regardless of what my role is. Dan.
Speaker 1: A couple of Baltimore specific questions. Now, this game was already going to be important, but after last week, what are your feelings about this matchup now?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: I mean, like you said, it's the visual game, almost rivalry feeling game, right, regardless of what the circumstance is. But now that you add five and four, that's the reality. We can't hide from that, right, five and four? And then you look across the AFC. Everyone's kind of sitting right there. You know, everybody's within range, like maybe two games out, three games out the best. You don't want to say must win, but the sense of urgency needs to be high, right, and you can feel it. And it's a short week, so you're battling that, right, You're battling you know, injuries. Now you're going to face a tough Baltimore team that before this week, you know, taking that loss to Cleveland, they were on the road, so we were hitting that stride. We're dealing with a lot. We're both coming off tough losses. We're both coming, i mean, going into a short week on Thursday night football. So the challenge is there in itself with all those elements, but I think understanding the landscapes the AFC and the goals of us trying to make it to the playoffs. Win a division, make it to the playoffs. This is a must win. And I think the cyst, the urgency in this locker run by every single player, by every single coach. I mean it's felt, but it's not a nervous energy. It's just it's time. Does this rivalry feel different, Oh definitely. I Mean, like I said, I it was fortunate enough to play, you know, for a couple of different teams in the NFL, a couple different divisions, and.
Speaker 4: They don't really have.
Speaker 5: That college feel, you know, like, yo, yeah, that's our rivalry, you know, that's the team we got to beat in the division. But it's not that much emotion invested with here. You can see it with the fans, you just feeling you see them all throughout the week talking about it, wearing orange around. You know what I'm saying. The stadium just just in Cincinnati. We know when we go over to that stadium, it's gonna be a hostile environment. I've never felt that in NFL until I played here. Going to one of those stadiums, it's gonna be electric. It's Thursday night football, so we're excited. There's a lot of energy. That's all were talking about braining the energy this week. So this rivalry, it was already tense and heated the two games back to back last year. I remember that like the back of you know what I'm saying, like it was yesterday. Oh man, So it's gonna it's gonna be sparts, gonna be flying. I'm trying to trying to keep it right now, Davids, this boy's gonna be flying. It's gonna be heated as Thursday night football.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm with Rob Livingston. I'm grateful you're on this team. Always appreciate your time. Best of luck this week from thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: The Bengals are currently a four point underdog for Thursday's game as they look to boost their chances of winning the AFC North for the third year in a row. That's going to do it. For this episode of the Bengals Booth Podcast brought to you by pay Corps, Proud to be the Bengals official HR software provider, by Alta Fiber future proof fiber Internet designed to elevate your home, business and community to a new level, and by Kettering Health the best care for the best fans. Kettering Health is the official healthcare provider of the Bengals. If you haven't done so already, please subscribe to this podcast and if you have a minute, give it a rating or share a comment that helps more Bengals fans find us. I'm Dan Hord and thanks for listening to The Bengals Booth Podcast.