Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: How you doing.
Speaker 1: Happy Gallantine's Day? Which I just learned about Gallentine's Day. It's where the gals the day before Valentine's Day get together and go out for drinks or whatever. I guess it's been big for years and us dudes are just learning about it.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of skeptical of anything that contributes to the non couplization of human time. Interesting, but but there's part of me that thinks maybe woman kind has just recognized. You know, it seems like like we're really into this quote unquote holiday and the guys aren't so much. Maybe we all just get together and have a big time and the dudes can go do what they want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huh.
Speaker 1: I think it might be the other I hadn't thought about it, but it might be a people are getting together in serious relationships so much less. There might be an awful lot of people out there like this is the way around it.
Speaker 3: Although Katie friends who are into it or married, so it could be both. Yeah, they're using it as as a day to just get together. All the girls and the husbands are going to go do their own thing.
Speaker 1: But I do we feel bad about that, but darn it. If that's what you need to do, I guess I'll just need to figure out something to do on my own. Yeah, me and my fish and pole and my body said, He'll be roight my couch and my TV alone thoughts and prayers, you guys, It's like, what's the comedian's named Shane Gillis who was in the bud Like commercial.
Speaker 3: The other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of his routines is about how he lives with his girlfriend and after they have a loving relations he said, I know this sounds about it, but I just wanted to be gone, like as soon as we're done, swish she was gone, and the crowd aways groans like this. Oh yeah, anyways says, oh yeah, I'm the only dude here that likes playing Xbox alone for five hours. But yeah, so away Gallentine's Day could work out for everyone. I'm glad it's catching on. So I've got an unbelievable example of bureaucracy. I think lots of people have dealt with this sort of thing, but apparently not enough.
Speaker 2: It should be discussed all the time.
Speaker 1: We all should knee jerk reflexively react to growing bureaucracies with horror because we've all dealt with them.
Speaker 3: DMV or whatever the hell it is. You go down to get some.
Speaker 1: Paperwork for a you know, a year, a year you're adding on a room to your house in certain states or whatever, you know, that sort of stuff. Sure, but at the federal level, Elon's been talking about it a lot here, he was a couple of days ago in the Oval Office.
Speaker 4: Does not to say that is good. There are good people who are in the federal bureaucracy. But you can't have an autonomous federal bureaucracy. You have to have one that's responsive to the people. That's the whole point of a democracy.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 4: And if if you looked at this, if you asked to look at the bound US today and said, what do you think of the way things have turned out? Well, why we have this unelected, fourth unconstitutional branch of government, which which is the bureaucracy, which has in a lot of ways currently more power than any elected representative. And this is uh, there's not something that people want and it's not. It does not match the will of people. So it's just something we've got and we're going to fix.
Speaker 3: And if I might throw in just one added note, what he is describing is precisely what Thomas Jefferson was describing in the Declaration of Independence about how the king has sent hither swarms of bureaucrats. It's he uses a different word to waste our time in our money, and we've had enough.
Speaker 1: And Elon's dealing with that federal breocracy. But you have it at the state level and the county level and the city level also. And sure, before I get back to that, Jim Garrity tweeted out something yesterday.
Speaker 2: I thought it was good on the whole.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk and unelected taken over the blah blah blah. It is true that no one cast a ballot for Musk in twenty twenty four, but no one was in the president's cabot. No one in the president's cabinet was elected to their jobs other than the vice president. Back in twenty twenty, nobody voted to put Alejandro Maorcis in charge of the border. Nobody voted to put Anthony Blinkoln in charge of foreign policy or Jake Sullivan charge of national security, or Janet Yellen in charge of the economy, which, of course is an obvious point, but it's easy to DEMI god the whole Elon Musk unelected. Oh where where does he get off?
Speaker 3: Yeah, dumb people get the vote in America and that's who they're appealing to with a lot of it.
Speaker 1: I get angry reading this next thing just because and I didn't have but I've dealt with this sort of stuff before, we all have, and it makes me in sae. Remember when Gavin Knwsom a couple of weeks ago was saying.
Speaker 5: We're gonna cut the red tape the ridiculous bureaucracy.
Speaker 1: Your party built the red tape in the ridiculous bureaucracy.
Speaker 3: Yes, so.
Speaker 2: I don't know who Eric Spiegelman is, do you? But anyway, he's on.
Speaker 1: Twitter, and I often look at who's following them to get an idea of how big a deal they are. Bill Millusion of fox Berry Weiss follows him, So that's enough for me. He tweeted this out absolutely infuriating Palisades recovery story.
Speaker 2: That's the area where the horrible fires happened.
Speaker 3: In Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: My friend's mom's house burned down. His insurer asks for a copy the blueprints to process the claim. Well, starting there out of that just seems like an effort to deny or slow down lots of people who's got their blue prints handy for their house off the top of their head. Come on, anybody, I mean, unless your home was just built and you thought it'd be cool to hang on to them for some reason.
Speaker 3: I've got a really interesting story about how people get turned down for health insurance coverage almost never appeal. When they do, they're often successful, often successful. It's so clearly just a why don't we trip them up a little bit, delay a little bit, and see how many give up?
Speaker 1: I saw that article. I want you to talk more about that. I want to hear about that.
Speaker 4: Will do.
Speaker 1: My friend's mom house burned down. His insure asked for a copy of the blueprints to process the claim. The blueprints were in the house and they burned, But there's a copy on file with the Los Angeles Department of Building in Safety LADBS.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty good acronym, Los Angeles Department of Bullss.
Speaker 1: LADB, which requires a release letter from the architect to access the blueprints. Okay, Step one the insurer, which is not a government thing. That's of them trying to delay or deny and saying you got to get the blueprint. You go to the gut and their rule is you have to have a letter from the architect to get access to the blueprints.
Speaker 2: Here, I mean already I would be screaming and pulling my hair out.
Speaker 3: And if the architect is dead, you have to get permission from his estate to access the will to gain the architect's blueprints.
Speaker 1: But anyway, this person had it so Laedbs requires a release letter from the architect to give him his blueprints, which my friend provides.
Speaker 2: Well, good for you.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have been able to do that.
Speaker 1: Whole process takes a week, so right there, you're already off. You've spent a week doing this. He goes to the DBS to get his blueprints, but they won't give them to him. Why because the architects signed the request paperwork on the wrong part of the page.
Speaker 2: The LADBS says.
Speaker 1: My friend needs to start the whole process over my friend of Jeck's. He says, the instructions just said the architect needs to sign the page, and he did that, the clerk says, but he signed over the seal he's supposed to sign next to the seal. My friend goes, so he signed it, the clerk says, but he signed the wrong part of the page. My friend, who's not me so didn't like go nuts and like blow up the building or something. Say, hasn't murdered him yet. Okay, let's go on, says, you know, my mom's house burned down, and every day this gets delayed is another day she can't get her claim processed. The clerk said, that's not my problem. Wow, that sort of thing. It makes me angry because I witnessed this the other day. Actually I was. I was at the city for something, and I saw somebody dealing with it and walk away sheepishly.
Speaker 2: I wish more people would get upset like me. I wish I wish fewer people would just I guess that's the way it works.
Speaker 1: I guess some nobody can tell me over some technically stupid reason that I can't do anything.
Speaker 2: Don't accept it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it helps anything, but at least, and I always say, it's not your fault, you don't make the rules.
Speaker 2: But this is freaking ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, and just that the sort of person who becomes a bureaue a cognitive bureaucracy and not only implements our cane and idiotic rules like that, but kind of enjoys them.
Speaker 2: All they do.
Speaker 3: They are a bane and they are a fungus on the skin of humanity.
Speaker 1: That's what makes bureaucracies what they are. Something in human nature. I don't know if I've ever had this, because I've never had a position like this. Maybe, yeah, it's human nature, so maybe I would do exactly the same thing. But it seems to be human nature that if you have a little bit of power over somebody, you really enjoy exercising it.
Speaker 2: That must just be the way we're built.
Speaker 1: So if you can say at the DMV, now you need a different form, you'll have to reapply or something like that, rather than like grab the form and hand it to them saying hey, I help you with that, you get an enjoyment out of that. Yes, it's too bad that that's part of human nature. It's a bad part of you. There's a lot of bad parts of human nature.
Speaker 3: But you know, let me go back to the original Thomas Jefferson. See if this rings true in your life. He has erected a multitude of new offices and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people and eat out their substance, meaning drain their finances for them. So clearly what we've done to ourselves.
Speaker 1: For the people in North Carolina trying to deal with their disaster, for the people in la dealing with their disaster, there's going to be the story I just read. There's already been the story I just read times thousands and thousands of examples just as infuriating of just making it really hard to get things done, which speaks to like why I said at the bank the other day, I hate the federal government, and they all looked at me like it was Timothy mcveag, because my interaction with the government is almost entirely you take money from me, or you slow me down from getting something to do.
Speaker 2: Those are my interactions. How about you?
Speaker 3: Right right? I don't want to drown in this stuff. Maybe we can put off the follow up until next hour. But a couple of different pieces of analysis have reached my eyes and ears describe the extent to which states and localities are so completely dependent on federal money. That's problem number one. Why is all that money going to DC and then we beg on bended knee for it to come back to us. It was here to begin with, wherever here happens to be for you. And secondly, how the flow of that money is siphoned off to cronies and fake charities and phony non governmental organizations or whatever. And it is just so clearly a money laundering, crony enriching program. And the fact that we the people have permitted this to happen because they get us with the moral arguments, they get us with the safety arguments, they get us with some civil rights arguments, and civil rights of course is a sacred and beautiful thing. But again they use moral arguments because they know you're a good person. They don't mean a stinking word of it. It's a way to accrue more power. Anyway, more on that to come.
Speaker 2: Breaking news.
Speaker 1: Senator Fetterman just said in an interview there isn't a constitutional crisis with the Trump administration.
Speaker 3: He's correct. Good for him.
Speaker 1: Scientists discovered a new particle that is supposed to be one of the most amazing discoveries in the history of mankind. I don't understand it. You won't understand it when we talk about it later. Among other things, stay here. The Philadelphia Eagles are set to hold their Super Bowl victory parade this week on Valentine's Day and what's being called the ultimate.
Speaker 3: Test for Philadelphia boyfriends.
Speaker 2: Babe, what if I go for just an hour or so?
Speaker 3: That's pretty funny, interesting timing for that. Yeah, I just I don't think either one of us know a lot of couples that are super into Valentine's Day. I know it exists. It must you can't get a seat at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: I'll save my Valentine's Day smack for tomorrow, all right, Sarhenos, I don't know if I had ever come across the word neutrino before yesterday. Ask your doctor about neutrino good God's constipation or erections lasting more than four hours A neutrinos Neutrino's nicknamed ghost particles. They're a tiny little particle. They're the most the second most abundant particle in the universe after particles of light photons.
Speaker 3: I'm not just gonna say after stupidity.
Speaker 2: I'm not pretending I understand any of this.
Speaker 1: By the way, UH, one hundred trillion neutrinos passed through your body every second without you even noticing.
Speaker 3: I've noticed, and I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like it one bit. They're the most mysterious of elementary particles. They have no electric charge, almost no mass, and inter act only weekly with matter. They're special cosmic messengers us, bringing us unique information on the mechanisms involved in the most energetic phenomena in the world, like black holes and UH and the headline yesterday and this. Scientists say this is one of the most amazing discoveries in history. And I haven't got the slightest idea what it means or why. They detected the highest energy ghost particle ever seen. And they have no idea where it came from. It may have come from, like directly, very close to the beginning of the Big Bang to have this much energy. I read about this stuff and I always come away from it with the same thought. This could be one hundred percent legit or a complete fraud. And you're all laughing.
Speaker 3: At We told them we could measure new treos. We made it, and we told them, and we told them we found an extra bright one, and that gave us fifty million dollars fun. I'm telling you, these people fall for anything. It could be one or the other, and I would never have any idea, which so I just packed them on the back and say that's great.
Speaker 1: Scientists have detected the highest energy neutrino ghost particle ever seen. The particle arrived at Earth at nearly the speed of light, with thirty times the energy of the previous most energetic neutrino ever measured. This is the first solid evidence that neutrino's with such high.
Speaker 3: Energy can be produced in the universe.
Speaker 1: Uh And for some reason, the fact that it has this much energy packed into it means something extraordinary. And I read many paragraphs that's about this in the New York Times yesterday and I can't I didn't understand it enough to sum it.
Speaker 3: Up in any way whatsoever. But there you go. If we do achieve a thorough understanding of the most minute building blocks of the universe, will that help us get rid of the Department of Education, or help making or help stop having one group of religious fanatics want to murder in their sleep a.
Speaker 2: Different group of people for their religion.
Speaker 3: Right, Will it stop bureaucrats from preventing folks from rebuilding their homes after a fire. And again I value science. I suggest the scientists to go full speed ahead with that stuff.
Speaker 1: The energy of this neutrino was two hundred and twenty million billion electron volts, which seems like a lot.
Speaker 3: Again or five hundred horse power or big as an elephant. I don't know. I don't know. You can say anything you want and I will have the same reaction. Oh, there might be like six people on earth that could challenge that assertion, you know, and a million billion It could be no more than one point one million billion. In my opinion, this.
Speaker 2: What do we get into next?
Speaker 3: The jihad against Jews is a war against the west On College camp in Israel and the streets of Germany where at Jihati just ran down dozens of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, today we are in a war, whether we know it or not. Neutrino is ain't gonna help that.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Two pieces.
Speaker 5: A kind of breaking news, Hams announced they will restart the deal that they made with Israel and give back a couple more hostages as was scheduled.
Speaker 2: Mi no no on Saturday. So that's back on there.
Speaker 1: But also overnight was the reporting in the Wall Street Journal our intelligence saying that Israel is planning to strike Iran hard and try to take out their nuclear facilities sometime this year. Who leaked that wine? If that's a good thing or bad thing, I don't have any idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could go either way. It could be a great idea or be an inadvert I'm not an inadvert but an intentional leak by some anti trumpist in the State Department, who knows. Speaking of the Middle East, a couple of things that I found very very interesting. Number one, Trump's lunatic plan to turn Gaza into a resort Trump branded, I'm sure, and clear out all the Palestinians and build them nice tract houses in Jordan and the rest of it. And it was never clear exactly what he was trying to accomplish with that plan, because it's an impossibility. Well, four dimensional chests, you tell me. The leaders of Egypt and I think it was Jordan maybe another country came out and said, yo, whoa, whoa, whoa that Trump planned, let's come up with a serious alternative that all of the regional countries were gone together. I'm like wy you lazy bastards who've been shouting about the Palestinians all these years but never doing anything to help them. All of a sudden, Trump proposes, you know, Gaza Lago, and now you really want in, and you want to finance it, and I'll be darned.
Speaker 1: Okay, And even David Ignatius and the Washington Post believes that Trump is the main thing that changed this discussion.
Speaker 3: So a bit of a bridge to the main discussion. A British man was arrested for burning the Koran, and the police in Manchester posted name. Yes, wow, oh my god, Britain is so far gone. I've got a bunch of examples of that. We don't have time for it now, but they have gone fully woke and fully afraid of Islamism, so stay tuned. But anyway, they posted his name dated birth in the borough where he lives, so we can safely assume he'll be killed sooner or later Fatwa style, even if he gets off the charges, says the folks, say the folks in the Free Press.
Speaker 2: They released his name.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Well, then they point out that an Iraqi refugee who's aware of the evils of Islamism was assassinated in Sweden last week. He burned the Quran in twenty twenty three, faced a constant drumbeat of threats, and finally they found him and murdered him. And then, as they point out, strange how you can burn Bibles, Torahs, even do cool pe art on the image of Christ, and you'll never be killed, You'll never be jailed, you'll never be protested at least not much. You might get a show at a downtown gallery. How is it one religion managed to scare us into such submission? Well, if you haven't read Michael Hallibec's submission, now is the time. Yeah, that it is a brilliant novel.
Speaker 1: It is, and it hinges on Marie la Penn ending up being elected leader of France, and that looks like that might happen soon. Actually, So is it against the law? If I burn a Bible in London, that's not against the law. But if I burn a Koran it is against the law.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know the laws, but it generally isn't prosecuted because nobody pushes it right anyway, That all brings us to a piece by Andrew McCarthy, which I've been hanging on to for quite some time, looking for the right moment to unleash it. And interestingly it was written in November about the attacks on Jews in Amsterdam, which may or may not remember. Soccer game, hotels, people running for their lives, hiding out. I don't know if it sounds familiar. What's really interesting about it is it could have been written this morning about the twenty four year old Afghan refugee Jihati criminal who ran down dozens of people in Berlin. Was it today? And that is really going to royal German politics, which were already royaled. But McCarthy talking about the attacks in Amsterdam could have been talking about today, and he gets to his main point. This is not just a jihad against Jews. The war against Israel is the war of Jew hatred in Europe. Russia's war against Ukraine is materially supported by Iran, the jihadist maestro of the war against Israel. The Biden Harris administration's woeful failure of deterrence has ushered America's principal geopolitical adversaries, China and Russia, into positions of influence in the Middle East, and they see Sharia supremacists, including but not to their partners in Tehran, as major assets in their anti Western project. The jihad against Jews is a war against the West. And then he goes into a great deal of description and detail and it's really enlightening, and we'll post it. I'm not sure if it'll be pay well at Armstrong and Geddy dot com in the hot lengths, but I want to get to his general point, as I explained in these pages over a dozen years ago. He writes, voluntary apartheid is the Sharia sarrem supremacist strategy for conquest in Europe and North America. It was notably championed by Sheik Yusuf Karadawi, who Untila's death at age ninety six in twenty twenty two, is the world's most influential Sunni Sharia jurisprudent, the authority most revered by the Muslim Brotherhood and its Palestinian branch. Amas Voluntary apartheide aims to kill the West by means of its own lax immigration policies, which have devolved into collapsing border security, and just for a moment to depart from the theme. I'm reminded of people who think critical theory and wokism and all of that is like a conservative conspiracy theory. When the guys who came up with it wrote books that sold well, their names are on the spines. They describe precisely what they want to do and how they're going to do it, and that's what they're doing, but people don't know it. So this shak use of Karadawi, who I had not heard of, he has been explaining precisely what you're supposed to do. Karadawi encouraged Muslims to migrate on Moss to Europe and North America and there to gravitate into enclaves. Do not adapt and assimilate, put yourself into big Arab Muslim neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: When the Islamic pop because the West is the way it is currently. We will allow you to live your lifestyle because we think it would be somehow belligerent to make you live our lifestyle, which I see in my own town.
Speaker 3: Right. You know, as the saying goes, we demand liberty because that is according to your principles, and as soon as we're in charge, will deny liberty because that is according to our principles being exploited for our openness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christians, any sort of trad wives, Oh my god, that's a horror. But Muslims who make this happens in Davis, California. I see women walking around in the full beekeeper outfit, sometimes looking out the little slit.
Speaker 2: How do you allow that to happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, flying into SeaTac or the region Seattle Tacoma, where my daughter lives. I see it all the time in the neighborhood close to the airport, the full beekeeper all over the place. Anyway, So here is the specific instructions. Migrate in huge numbers to Europe and North America, gravitate into enclaves. When the Islamic population reached a critical mass, which needn't be very big. Five percent is more than enough, as the Bolsheviks could tell you, And he points out, Muslims would put pressure on the local authorities to recognize the de facto autonomy that they'd aggressively established. The Muslims demand would be to conduct their affairs in accordance with Shariah, Islam's scripturally rooted law and societal plan, which is antithetical to Western concepts of liberty, equality, private property, privacy, et cetera. By convincing Western leaders and decision makers of our right to live according to our faith ideologically, legislatively, and ethically. Caradawi reason that Muslims quote these are all quotes, would transverse an immense barrier in our quest for an Islamic state. Under the plan, the burgeoneting Islamic enclaves grow in number, spread in terms of territory controlled, and eventually connect the indigenous Westerners in and around these enclaves either conform or leave for all intents and purposes, Sharia supremacists become the sovereign. And Andy goes on for several more pages, which I would be delighted to read, but it's a little long, and maybe we'll return to it, and like our bedtime story, this time of the show for the next week.
Speaker 1: That is very like the book, much like the book Submission, which can't recommend highly enough.
Speaker 2: It's not like a nonfiction textbook.
Speaker 3: It is a breezy novel with sex scenes, but it's really interesting about how the takeover would happen and how easily it could happen, and it's all so mundane, bit by bit, administratively like Caradawi is suggesting, Yeah, just demand this and that and get this autonomy, that autonomy, grow the community connected with the one next to you. Then, for instance, tell Joe Biden that unless he cuts off Israel, you won't vote for him in Dearborn Michigan. Didn't work, but that's what they are trying to do.
Speaker 1: I always use the example of you can make fun of other religions, for instance, the Mormons. You can have a Broadway musical that wins all kinds of awards laughing at Mormons, but you can't make any jokes about Muslims because they'll get violent. Okay, So they get the Heckler's veto interesting Okay.
Speaker 3: And to get back to the point I made earlier, if you say, hey, this is precisely what they said they were going to do. They wrote books, their names are on the spine. Now they're doing it. Look at it. You will be called an islamophobe. That is part of the strategy too. We will exploit you using your principles, then we will enslave you according to our principles.
Speaker 1: Well, phobia being fear of if you're not afraid of a rational fear of Oh yeah, that's a good point. If you don't have a rational fear of fundamentalist Islam, you ain't paying attention. Right, it is a form of government. Well, we must respect people's religions.
Speaker 3: No, it's much more than a religion. It's not a personal religion like you're a present Bia. It's a way to organize all of society.
Speaker 2: Except most of the people who say that crap.
Speaker 1: You don't respect the most the majority religions of the country. You don't respect Catholics or Baptists or Mormons, me those people, it's part of the cult. There's zenophiles. If it is not American, not Christian, not Western. I love it and I'm in favor of it because that gives you some sort of intellectual you know, cachet in your college educated with useful degrees crowd, and you get rewarded socially for espousing those views.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous, suicidal. And I tell you what, there's part of me that thinks, when I'm in a particularly grim mood, that if the West is that stupid and so steeped in self hatred, we deserve to lose.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: That's rough, not a lighter note. Well, everything's a lighter note. I can do another book recommendation.
Speaker 1: It's a anniversary today, it's the eighty year anniversary of the bombing of Dresden. You could read some sort of scholarly book about it, or you could read Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut.
Speaker 2: Which is another great book.
Speaker 3: It is indeed not a laugher. No, there is some rye humor in it, no doubt.
Speaker 2: But I paid my kid to read.
Speaker 3: It recently, like to you, or just to read it, just.
Speaker 2: To read it. I paid him to read it.
Speaker 3: This is one of those controversial stridups that I've heard about. Yeah, dollars for grades, that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: I paid him to read it, and then he had to do a book report or a book report where I just asked him questions, enough questions to make sure he actually read it.
Speaker 3: Unconventional odd. I'm sure we'll get harsh emails. But the book got read and the ideas got absorbed.
Speaker 1: And he wasn't watching YouTube. I gave him a couple of bucks. I don't know, we'll see. I'll look back on it from years now, and it was either a good idea or about idea. It's bold and innovative. There you go more all the way. Stay here, Hey, guys, listen to this.
Speaker 6: I read that two thousand passengers on Norwegian cruise lines just set sail on an eleven day naked cruise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two thousand naked people.
Speaker 6: Plus a cruise is like someone asks how many different diseases can we have at one time?
Speaker 3: Nora virus? Syphilist.
Speaker 1: I don't understand some people's enthusiasm to be around other people naked.
Speaker 3: I don't get that.
Speaker 1: I'm as big a fan, like in a one on one situation with the right person, as anyone can be. But just in the general population, I just never had the slightest desire. I don't to each their own, I say stay away from me. I had one more thing I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: What was the other thing?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say? Valentine's Day? Naked cruises, neurovirus. Maybe it'll pop back into my head bribing sons to read Oh, I'll do it after this. So Katie texted this to the group yesterday. I thought it was kind of funny breaking down your different organizations and getting packages or information or whatever. Ups Your package is in your city on a truck driven by Mike. It will arrive at six twenty seven pm today, FedEx, your package is coming. You'll get it when we get there. Now, from my personal experience, it's the reverse. My personal experience, it's the opposite of that. But it doesn't ruin the joke USPS. That'd be the government postal service. What package Amazon were already inside your house? Check the bathroom?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 1: And Facebook, we know you were thinking about getting a toast oven yesterday. Here are twenty ads for toaster ovens. Yeah, truth of that. Also, we talk a lot about smartphones and staring at phones and all the sort of stuff that's changed and send smartphones. I was in a group yesterday with maybe the youngest person there was fifty. There's people between fifty and eighty five, not young people, And somebody brought up the topic of how much time they waste staring at their phone, like looking at YouTube videos, And every single person there between fifteen and eighty five is there, Oh yeah, I can't stop. I get to the end of the day and I think, or at the end of the afternoon and thank god, I wasted all my time. So it's not just young people. People who lived decades, sixty years without this technology, have getten sucked into it and now feel like you know, on a given day they wasted their day looking at this stuff. It might be the biggest problem mankind has.
Speaker 3: Here's here's an idea. Let's assemble Jesus and Buddha.
Speaker 1: George Washington got, I want Trump there Trump and asked them, actually, Trump would make Prince's enough.
Speaker 3: For the love of God. No, John Wayne, I'm sorry, now he's got me doing it.
Speaker 7: Fir Dale Earnhardt, Now got anyway, you get the greatest sages who have ever walked the earth, and you say to him, what do you think of human beings having pleasure available to them every second of every day?
Speaker 3: How do you think that would go? We'll start with you Jesus, but it'd be like why aim anyway? Uh, And all of those great sages would say the same thing. Whoa, whoa, whoa. That's a terrible idea. We're not meant to deal with that. No.
Speaker 1: It just struck me because it was an older crowd, this group having the same conversation that I witness with younger people. Except younger people don't have that conversation. They're perfectly okay with it. See, so I think all the people that lived in the before times, before you had a smartphone and everybody stared at the all time. We'll be dead soon and then there won't be anybody who ever ever was in a restaurant where people weren't staring at their phones, or a bus stop or anything like that, and it'll be over for good.
Speaker 3: Yes, Katie, Oh, I just I really.
Speaker 2: I irritated myself yesterday.
Speaker 3: I was watching a documentary that I was actually interested.
Speaker 2: In, but just the second that it lost my attention, I went to my phone and I had to rewind.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, yeah. Well the good news is in those after times that Jack was describing, when everybody's staring at their phones, nobody's going to get together and have sex. And then it won't matter because there will be very few human beings and we'll have the world of the beavers planning to the beavers.
Speaker 2: There's no way, no possible way. This is a positive development.
Speaker 1: They have people that are seventy two years old sitting around saying I wasted my day watching YouTube videos.
Speaker 2: That breaks my heart.
Speaker 3: I know, I know what have we done to ourselves? What I'm looking at you, Steve Jobs, We're built to enjoy pleasure, and the pleasure givers are getting better at it.
Speaker 1: That's the other problem. They're gonna be better at ten years from now.
Speaker 3: And Richard Armstrong and Getty