Speaker 1: Celebrity book club. Okay, okay, Lazyes is.
Speaker 2: Your host Stuffy of Sacramento Premiere Dan Dating Nights for the Seed.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We are starting in five four three two one.
Speaker 1: Hi. I'm Kendra. I'm a nurse practitioner. I'm twenty four and I live in Davis.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kendra, I'm Leanne. I'm a naval officer. I live in the heart of Sacramento. I love dogs and I love outdoor activities.
Speaker 1: Leanne, you look so familiar to me. Huh, you were not a reality or anything. Were you. Were you in that baking show Northern California?
Speaker 2: It's baked? No, I know what it is.
Speaker 1: I saw you on the Dailymail dot Com. Oh you know that Felon guy, the hot guy.
Speaker 2: His name is Jeremy and he's actually my brother. Oh My cross has been crazy and they've really invaded our privacy because I'm a pretty private person. Of course, I'm so proud of him, as he is a very attractive man and he's grown so much since prison.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's so cool. I'm a little scared, but a little turned on too.
Speaker 2: Are you bisexual? Oh? Hi, I'm le Anne. I'm a naval officer. I have two dogs. I live in downtown Sacramento. I love kids, don't have any, and I love playing dodgeball. What about you?
Speaker 1: I'm thirty nine, I'm a nurse practitioner.
Speaker 2: Do you have a beautiful voice?
Speaker 1: Oh? Thanks? Can I just say something? You look like I fucking know you from somewhere man.
Speaker 2: Have you ever played dodgeball?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It used to be chairwoman of the league in Oakland. But I don't think that's that man. I think I know you from somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Thursday's Trivia at Santa Fe Fusion Cosamigo's Kitchen and Craft Bar.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sober. I thought I know you from the news man. Do you have like a hot brother or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That fellon guy, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Jeremy is my brother and I'm really proud of him. Fine, the media is so crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I promised myself I would never date another sibling of a criminal.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey, I'm Leanne. I'm a naval officer. I have two dogs. I live in downtown Sacramento. I played dodgeball and oh no, I'm FOMCA.
Speaker 1: I'm a nurse practitioner. You remind me of a foto I have seen on Oh God, I speakl dot net about to an American criminal and his interesting family.
Speaker 2: God, what the heck can a lesbian, knifferent officer get a little privacy? I didn't want to come out of the army, Okay, I liked donas, don't tell and don't get me wrong. Sorry, I'm really proud of my brother, Jeremy Meeks. We grew up really hard, and for someone like you, a beautiful nurse practitioner, to read about it on Jershkinskyle dot net dot d a.
Speaker 1: So German media is famously invasive. We can both agree on that topic. Perhaps it is the one thing that will bring us closer together. Here's my phone number plus three seven all five.
Speaker 2: Sorry, plus five plus three three.
Speaker 1: Plus three seven, spy. That's actually.
Speaker 2: Right off, lay crazy.
Speaker 1: Looks like we have brought the foul of the law.
Speaker 2: It looks like my brother, I guess. I rarely make jokes like that about him. I'm very proud of him.
Speaker 1: I'm wet.
Speaker 2: Who's that knocking at the door.
Speaker 1: It's all your friends, you filthy horse. Your husband's gone and we've got book a bottle of wine to kill.
Speaker 2: It's Hollywood, it's books.
Speaker 1: It's gossip.
Speaker 2: I'm sure it's memoirs, martinis.
Speaker 1: Celebrity poof Club to read it while it's hot, Celebrity poof Club, tell your secrets. We won't talk celebrity books.
Speaker 2: No boys are loud. Celebtoo, say it loud and pound Celebrity book Club. Buzz me in. I brought the queer vow. Hey, best friend, how the hell are you?
Speaker 1: I'm so good As we slide into twenty twenty five, a.
Speaker 2: New year, a new me, Stephen, Do you have any new ideas I was wondering for this year?
Speaker 1: Any new ideas?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that you want to get going? Oh, the business ideas.
Speaker 1: I have tons of business opportunities and brand extensions that I'm working on. We're actually doing a diffusion line of T shirts, so they're actually even cheaper T shirts than we already made.
Speaker 2: They're being sold on to MoU.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, I like went on to move for the first time.
Speaker 1: Ever because you were like, fuck Amazon, I'm gonna go with the Chinese version.
Speaker 2: I was looking for kind of a gag gift and it led me to to MoU and things got so crazy. I feel like I was in Vegas, like everything was spinning. It was just like it wouldn't even let me buy the novelty item.
Speaker 1: Oh, because the website had so many pop ups and it was just.
Speaker 2: Being like, you get another free gift, you get another free pick more gifts, and then I was being so stought machine and I was like, I picked I wou actually like socks for you, but then it got like too complicated that were just like, shut up, I'm gaming, do not disturb, and then it was like you have seventy five dollars more and I was like ah, and then I couldn't actually even purchase the original thing I came on there for and I was like rash, just deleting the app. But that was fun for two minutes.
Speaker 1: I think it's good that there is like this weird ceiling of like interactivity on some of these horrible websites that are only selling more bullshit capitalist consumer crap, because it's just like, actually, we don't need to be purchasing this, and like the fact that we don't have the whatever like gen alpha literacy to navigate this minefield of like terrible ux and pop ups, I think is actually.
Speaker 2: Good forever and then it makes us click out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, I could just say This isn't for me, and I don't need these socks that much. And I'm sure if you really wanted to buy shut up I'm gaming socks, you could find them on Yeah, I'm sure if.
Speaker 2: I could really wanted those for you, I could.
Speaker 1: Get them any We're all are surprised that they do end up advice in my January stocking, which is another thing we're doing this year.
Speaker 2: Be the Winter Blues. We're doing January stock cakes. That's so fun.
Speaker 1: Anyway, as we sort of slide out of Mlkday into inauguration, Meek just I thought it would be good to turn our attention to someone who hasn't been in the news lely and yet is very relevant to so much of what we're experiencing right now, Seriously, police brutality, modeling Monaco, and people becoming famous for their criminal activity while also being attractive and becoming.
Speaker 2: Folk heroes for being hot.
Speaker 1: And on the wrong side of the.
Speaker 2: Lawrem famous for being attractive and being naughty.
Speaker 1: In addition to Luigi Mangioni, it's like Lugi already feels so last week, and I'm sure by the time you hear this, it's like no one's gonna hear no one's.
Speaker 2: Know who he is or like he'll be president. Hello.
Speaker 1: I didn't have Luigi Mangioni becoming Secretary of Defense on my bingo card.
Speaker 2: But anyway, anyway, the segue to let's just announce it.
Speaker 1: He was before Luigi went viral. He was hot for kind of being the first, Like I mean, he's not the first viral criminal obviously, but he.
Speaker 2: He's not the hot Felon.
Speaker 1: No, There's been many hot felons, but he came to prominence at a time in like midway through like the second era of virality. Yes, Facebook, Facebook hot, Yes, and it actually happened via Facebook.
Speaker 2: So what happened was you guys will know him as hashtag.
Speaker 1: Mark shot guy or is it hot Felon.
Speaker 2: I think it's Prison Bay shot guy, and then some people call it him hot Felon. Of course, we were talking about Jeremy Meeks.
Speaker 1: And his book Model Citizen of Jeremy Meeks, And if you don't know, he's extremely symmetrical.
Speaker 2: He's like crazy sexy.
Speaker 1: He's half black, is what I'm gathering from the book. Yeah, the mom is white, yes, from the photos, and he has like a tear drop tattoo. He is extremely modelist. He has a high fashion look, strong, cheap bones.
Speaker 2: Philips also like he already naturally, I feel like he knows had a model He's someone who's literally born with it. I think it also goes he has like light colored eyes, yes, and he has this kind of like kind of like older.
Speaker 1: Like steely gray blue eyes.
Speaker 2: And then he's like, you know, he's giving this really like poudy look.
Speaker 1: He also like has a lot of tattoos because he's in gangs and he's bad ass, so he's a crep, which I think by the time this went viral, like twenty sixteen, like tattoos on models was already a thing like that was like I mean cole More was like in these leezer and have tattoos, and there was already thing where like designers are like, wait, we want like we hold on bad ass, we want models to have tattoos, and like obviously now like all models have tattoos, and it is weird to not have tattoos.
Speaker 2: But I think it's like maybe the ones who had tattoos were like more cold born, like badass, all bunk, and he's a little more like built abs. Yes, like he can be like you know, a model on the on the beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he a little more jacked.
Speaker 2: He can do a cologney.
Speaker 1: He's not heroin cheek. No mama's looking healthy, bent to the gym healthy. But I do think this speaks to the twenty sixteen at all, where it's like he came at like just the crest of tattoos in a factual way, becoming mainstream but not insanely oversaturated, and like Facebook reality being mainstream but not so over.
Speaker 2: It's right where it's like Facebook now, like no one's even no one's going viral on Facebook, even like your aunt who's on Facebook is like, oh, I don't really go on that anymore. I'm on threads. And no one even really knew what he went to jail for. It was less like weight this serial killer is yeah, yes.
Speaker 1: Exactly well, And I think what's interesting reading this book is he realized he didn't really do that much.
Speaker 2: He didn't do like anything. I'm like, wait, what was the crime? And actually that's what this book is kind of about, is how it's sucked.
Speaker 1: Up the system is it's very it's very prison informed down boots, and you know, he is the classic case of someone who is just caught up in a system that is really designed for him to lose, to loose. So his mom was an addict. His dad was an addict and a murderer.
Speaker 2: So his dad I really guess at this part. Yeah, his father did go ahead and murder his mom's best.
Speaker 1: Friend because she wouldn't tell him, like where the mom was. She was trying to protect the mom and not reveal her location.
Speaker 2: Magin.
Speaker 1: He tortured her for hours and then murdered her.
Speaker 2: If my girlfriend murdered you because you wouldn't tell her where I.
Speaker 1: Was, I would tell I'm not sitting there letting your girlfriend torture me with god knows what. I don't know what she's doing. I don't know what like sci fi statues she's trying to sodomize me.
Speaker 2: With what vintage like Japanese swords she has going on. No, I would tell too, Actually, yeah, I would give up your location in the.
Speaker 1: So let's just say this book feels like it's printed on computer paper. Yet it's really it has that kind of like buttery quality that like that the pages are very what Yeah, that's what I mean when it feels like straight up like y'all went to stable.
Speaker 2: But it's a little nicely premium. Yes, okay, this isn't like the cheapest paper because there is a nice touch to it, because I used to be obsessed as a child with touching really good pages. I love or it's just like I appreciate good binding and book making. But sure he grew up, you know, and his mother's a hero and autict And after the father went to jail, and his lesbian sister Leanna, who heard us talking about or impersonating it, the cold open. She know, she saw this world and was like, there's no chance for us. So she was like, fuck it, I'm gonna enlist in the Army Air Force to be exact, so I can like get out and start a life. And then she adopted him and then his other siblings away from the mom.
Speaker 1: I think of like Navy as being the gay division of the Army, but it's like Air Force Oran Division. I could see that kind of making sense. Navy is also because Navy seems also lesbian to me.
Speaker 2: I know, but then when you think of it, it's like well watched, Yeah, but the outfits for female naval officers are like a little bit more fem in this fifties way because you get this little hat and they make the shirts I think a little crop.
Speaker 1: But also like a fly jumpsuit is the most like Kim Kardashian outfit now, like a pilot jumpsuit is so frill and.
Speaker 2: It's so like green and jump so straight. You're saying, yeah, well, it's also though lesbian to be in like a fem like to be them white, romp them by wild Gang Fang or whatever. Anyway, there's one photo of Leanna you can find. She looks a little more just like big heathered college football T shirt.
Speaker 1: Now, well yeah, because she's not like you're not seeing her in her uniform.
Speaker 2: No, I wish I could down boy anyway.
Speaker 1: So he's by the time he's like ten, he's already stealing his mom. Zima's love that detail, I know. And then Leanna is the sister that steps up and she's like, I'm taking you out of this life, like you're gonna come live with me and I'm basically gonna be your mom and raise you in Medicine Lake, Washington.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hear that Medicine Lake, Okay.
Speaker 1: And I Dill, a town of three thousand people on a gorgeous Lake and like central Washington state.
Speaker 2: And so it's surrounded by a lot of other lake towns. Like he'll be like, oh, we will be at Long Lake, or then we would go over to like this lake, and it's like how many lake towns are there.
Speaker 1: I think what we're learning low key is that central Washington lakes up. Okay, move over Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I would like to just read a little passage about Medical Lake for folks who don't know about Medical Lake. Medical Lake was also pretty diverse the types of parties there. On one end of town, you'd have a party in a barn out in the woods, blaring country and shotgunning Budweiser and next to a cow. On the other side of town, you'd go to this big, gass house party where everybody was hitting the Hennessy bottle, listening to hip hop and freestyling, versus depending on your mood, you could just go down lide hitting all these different spots. I love this full ad for Medical Lake. I like whatever you're into, whether it's country music and Budweiser or hip hop and Hennessy, Medical Lake has it all for you. Visit Medical Lake dot Washington dot net and have a family there and have like a.
Speaker 1: Diverse group of experiences from fishing to studying.
Speaker 2: And he does like to fish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he loves fishing, and he also love studying. What I think is interesting is that early on he of course say it with.
Speaker 2: Me, reveals he has ADHD.
Speaker 1: This I had a really hard time at school kids today, where they're neurodiversity with pride. I mean, it's great they're open with their peers about their disorders, but things were not like that in the nineteen nineties. People were not as educated about ADHD or about children victims, so basically they put them on riddle in as they did with many folks in the nineteen eighties, such as.
Speaker 2: Yourself, such is my damn self. And it was like a weird thing where I kind of wore it as a badge of honor.
Speaker 1: You know, right as you were wearing your diversary.
Speaker 2: I was being I'm like, oh, yeah, sorry, you guys, I have to take my add medication because I'm so badass.
Speaker 1: When it was explained to the school and to the doctors that I wasn't a good place, and it seemed like a completely different person because the riddle in the doctor's response was to up the dosage. You have this little kid here, barely functional, and you want to give him more. But that's what they did back then. He's acting like it was the nineteen fifties. They didn't want to fix it, they wanted to suppress it. I spent the majority of my third grade year in a fog. I could barely function in class, and I was constantly falling asleep. They continued upping the medication, and I ended up failing the year and having to repeat it. So this is him basically being like, I'm the Paris Ultan.
Speaker 2: And I was over medicated, which is this book is also about the pharmaceutical industry because later on right with the back pain in the book, so he talks about going to all these doctors and basically even though he.
Speaker 1: Has back pain because he got beat up by a rival gang in the streets of like the Bay Area when he moved there with his sister when she got transferred postmatical, well, I.
Speaker 2: Guess I've beaten with all these bats. And he's all like fifteen or something.
Speaker 1: Like that, and his al one vertebrae is like consistently out of whack. Another parallel to of course famous CEO Killerngoni.
Speaker 2: Who couldn't make love because of his back pain?
Speaker 1: Wait, is that true?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I believe that. I think a guy in a wheelchair you can definitely fuck a guy with back pain.
Speaker 2: These headlines have gotten out of control.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you I have a friend of the pod who will remain nameless, who I know.
Speaker 2: Well, he.
Speaker 1: That I don't know if we're allowed to say that, but I do feel like he's had trouble making love because of the back pain.
Speaker 2: And we're allowed to say that, I feel like that's less revealing. I remember the first time I saw a sex scene of a guy in a wheelchair, and it blew my mind.
Speaker 1: This is when you were watching porn.
Speaker 2: No, it was a total eighties horror movie, and it's like this guy who's paralyzed waist down and this woman puts him in a swing. Oh. And I was like, that's so dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were like, yes.
Speaker 2: Good know, if I do get paralyzed, give me what. I don't know, dang related whoops, you never know.
Speaker 1: So look, he's kind of implying his joker moment is the riddle in overdosage.
Speaker 2: It's that, but it's also like his mom being a heroin autic and like him just wanting to fit in and trying to pave a way.
Speaker 1: And the first time he goes to Juvie and again it's like he's never doing anything that bad. He never talks about dealing drugs because he is dealing drugs, and he like has these euphemisms word who's like I take a lick or I was like spoiler, isn't like really get into this.
Speaker 2: Might also not be doing that for legal reasons, but to me, the vibe by God is that he was always kind of just like a low rung like gang member that was like in a car where they're like doing a drug deal and things go wrong.
Speaker 1: And the first time he goes to Juvi though, he goes because he got in a fight, which is like okay, fine, whatever. And then he goes to Juvie and that's when he starts meeting.
Speaker 2: The crips and they're like, you should become a.
Speaker 1: And he gets into crip stuff, although he kind of says that that they weren't pushing it that hard and he just wanted to do it.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. I think he needed to a sense of belong unity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's what that offers. And I think now more than ever and our technologically atomize an isolated world that people will cling to any sense of community they can get. And I think, so.
Speaker 2: You're saying there's less gangs because people are on their phones.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying there's probably whether it's a gang, or it's ISIS, or it's Reddit conspiracy groups, like all these things become that much more I think attractive because we don't have third spaces, we don't have physical communities, we don't have I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if him becoming a gang member is because there wasn't like enough like bowling alleys in Medical Lake.
Speaker 1: I kind of think it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's so like we need to get our kids roller skating.
Speaker 1: I feel like if they're literally were more bowling alley because he also says there wasn't anything to do but get in trouble at Medical Lake. He literally says that true.
Speaker 2: But I could see if I'm to put myself and his shoes to kind of have a crew, be like, yeah, you can like be part of our brotherhood, is very attractive, right.
Speaker 1: But if he was already on a bullying team, he might not have been introduced by it.
Speaker 2: If I can turn back time. Okay, I guess I bullying and you never joined a gang. No, and I wanted to join a gang, but I couldn't find a gang. No gang, but have me not hardly with the bullying team. I'm like, hey, guys, yeah, sure, I'll carry a knife when he guys up to club.
Speaker 1: Club.
Speaker 2: He went to jail, you know, multiple times, but then and you know, he also talks about the juvenile system. Is like, okay, this is like literally just like a highway to jail, except for one judge who was like, I'm not going to put you in juvie because like then this is just going to be like no saving you from here, which was cool.
Speaker 1: I thought it was so interesting the part where he talks about there was like one nice cop. Ever, where's the one time he got pulled over when his like wife was so wasted and crest the drink.
Speaker 2: Was called audios, motherfucker. Okay, and by the way, that was after them bowling, So bowling doesn't save.
Speaker 1: No And that sounds like bowling really led to catasrophy.
Speaker 2: But when bowling Alley starts serving cocktails. Yeah, and I looked up what an audio's motherfucker is and it's basically a Long Island iced tea.
Speaker 1: Yeah sounds like it. Wait, let's go to that day now. So he starts sitting in this pog named Melissa.
Speaker 2: Melissa, and so she's like a nurse at his jail, and you know, she's like doing examinations, I guess. And then he gets transferred to the state prison, but she starts writing him letters so romantic after that, being like, I don't know where this is going, but like they just have this connection. This is also after he to talk about like even though he's so like anti prison, he is just like jails, though, are so horrible, and like, at least like private prisons you can email and they've been in Jerry's so he was being a little pro private prison.
Speaker 1: He was just saying, like there's more amenities, amenities.
Speaker 2: Okay, he goes.
Speaker 1: I will never forget one of her first date nights. So now he's married to Melissa.
Speaker 2: Because letters work, So y'all maybe pen palet up okay? For single?
Speaker 1: Well what's funny is okay? But and then I do feel like now like like I follow this Instagram that's like hawkeys in Idaho State Prison. And it's always just like these guys on like j Poll and like they make these little videos on their phone and like there's always like hundreds of thirsteen comments just being like damn daddy, like pound me down, like yes, just like assault down boots, and like they're always like say what their crime is, and like a lot of the time it is they are there for like violent assault, and people are still just being like yes, like take me to church, like I'm sused, yeah, and like all these gay guys are just being like uh girl, yeah, like what do you speak for it? But I do feel like he kind of started the modern era of being like we are fetishizing like hot criminals, criminals like which is extend.
Speaker 2: Eighties said early nineties was very national in choir. Penn Pal to prison.
Speaker 1: Yes, but the only way you could do it was if you were that famous that you were in the national in choir.
Speaker 2: Like no they had ads, Oh they did, Yes. I used to read it my grandmother Like Okay, you could be like Charles Manson, who by the way, was literally lived in the cell next to him, So it's like you could be a celebrity in prison, like the Charles Manson and get letters. But in the National Choir. I remember like in the nineties it would be like right to a prisoner, and like it would be like you know, silver Fox, Daddy blah blah blah, P seven three right, and then it was so many people in Jerry's Springer always like being like I wrote to this guy in prison and then like we got married and then he cheated on me and my sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet he did.
Speaker 2: So that was kind of the nineties, and then I think the seventies era is like, you know, more than Ted Bundye Charles Manson more being like I'm your worshiper, I'm like a crazy hippy girl and.
Speaker 1: That kind of like it's just hinge. It's like you can date someone in prison as easily as you would date anybody else. It's like all happen on your phone, and like through the magic of private prisons, like they can go they can go pay to just like read there in box.
Speaker 2: But they never sween him and Melissa is that they met.
Speaker 1: They met, they met irl, which is like they had to meet cute, and then she wrote him like such a scented letter.
Speaker 2: That was so like Britney spears fantasy.
Speaker 1: So then they get married, he's out of jail. Blah blah blah. I'll never forget one of first date and it's the marry couple, the local bullying all. They had a drink called Audios motherfuckers. I don't know what it is about that drink, but every time I have one, I end up in jail. Melissa doesn't drink often, so when she does, it hits her pretty hard. We were on our way home and in her hyperactive, drunken state of mind, she popped me on the side of the cheek. I had a cigarette between my lips and it fell right out of my mouth, so I stopped in the middle of the road to grab it and a cop happened see me. I got pulled over and the officer approach the vehicle. Explained that I was trying to get my wife home and that yes, I've been drinking. If you get arrested while you're on parole, your parole officer as assigned documents. Blah blah blah. The cop with me in the squad car and we talked all the way to jail. When he said it'd be out the night, I laughed. I said, there's no way I'm going to be a go out out until my PO came in. After I was processed. I was shocked when I heard them call my name to be released. As I walked out to the dark parking lot, I saw the cop sitting in the patrol car and then I heard told you be out tonight. That was the nicest any cop had ever been to me. If they all had kindness and decency like that officer, there would be a lot less death on the streets. Unfortunately, even the good ones turn a blind eye and keep silent when they see their fellow officers using an excessive force. You always see that one standing off to the side with this look on their face. They know what's happening is wrong, but fear of going against police code stops them from standing up for what's right, you know.
Speaker 2: And I think that's very true. It's like there's so many people probably out there that are like, oh, well, I become a cop to be like the good one on the force. But it's like they have such a cop code.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because a cop it's a fraternity and they're there to protect each other more than anything else, and so it doesn't matter if there's that quote good cop, and it's like it's nice for him to have that one experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you're like nice cop. But it's like then if he sees someone getting beaten, it's not like this good.
Speaker 1: And is literally the next time he has an audios motherfucker, he gets brutally assaulted by the police and they beat him to the Indian insta of his life and beating his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: And the wife too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, later and like for literally nothing, and it's so it's like there's nothing you can do about and.
Speaker 2: They were waiting for him too. Yeah. He also says the thing which is also very true, where he's like time about the corrections officers where he was like they would be so like jovial with us, but then like churn on us like in a second, yeah, which is so like the one time when I did good to rikers. I feel like I saw that when I was like teaching acting to like trans prisoners, and it was like so many corrections officers like joking so much with prisoners, and then it's just like they flipped the switch pretty fast.
Speaker 1: I remember one of the many times I was arrested and you thought I wouldn't bring that up this episode, but I would is that I remember one time in the squad car.
Speaker 2: If you went bowling more, you wouldn't be arrested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. And I literally, you know, I'm bad at bowling, no, I know.
Speaker 2: And like when we went bowling last year, you got so upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got like frustrated because I'm like, why is the ball so heavy? Doesn't make needy sense because also my fingers are mad for piano and not for bowling balls. So I'm in the squad car and the cops were like making all these really homophobic comments to one of my fellow prisoners, and he was in there and they kept making all this stuff about you know, classic like jokes about dropping the soap and how he was gonna get fucked in prison and all this stuff. And I was being like, it's almost like they're doing tubs of un stone because they're trying to like make me feel uncomfortable too, definitely, And then like I feel like my fellow prisoner then was like also kind of making jokes to me about me, like getting fucked in prison when we were in separate cells, like and some point in the jail when there was no email.
Speaker 2: Or benefit, there was no receives, no Ben.
Speaker 1: And Jerry's anyway, it's true where it's like you'd ever know. It's like they're nice to you one second, but ultimately like they are absolutely delighting and their dehumanization of well and just like.
Speaker 2: You can even show even more power instead of if you're just mean and like beating someone all the time, but if you get to be like, hey, I'm your best friend. Oh now, actually watch me take that away in two seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So what's also crazy is the reason why he literally does go to jail for what happens when he does get the ultimate the mugshot prison Bay Pick is because he's driving his son or nephew and he has a gun in the trunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he gets pulled over a routine traffic step and they find a gun and then he reveals that he had the gun for protection, just being so street life, like I don't know if like the bloods are going to pull up on me and I need to like protect myself.
Speaker 2: It's just crazy because it's just like, which is why you went to jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, possession, Yeah, possession of a firearm, just like Kamala I carry my glocula with me everywhere I go. But you know, it's just like a gun crazy America. It's just wild, it's crazy arbitrary.
Speaker 2: A year and a half and then the Stockton Police post this photo on their Facebook page and then it goes wildly viral.
Speaker 1: This scene is so it's just like such a.
Speaker 2: Really Nancy Grace on Lifetime movie.
Speaker 1: So he's in jail. I couldn't eat. I was broken. I didn't sleep that night. In the morning, they came hammering my door. Channel twelve News wanted to interview me door seven. I went expecting to see Channel twelve, but one of my homies Ken was in there and he said.
Speaker 2: Bro, do you realize you just went viral?
Speaker 1: Every single news station across the world is talking about you right now in China, Puerto Rico, London.
Speaker 2: And then it's like, you know, they would like be flashing to like people like in Chinese like no, I know, prison Bay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, prison Bay, and it's like the like count it's like going up. When I went back to myself, looked up and every TV had a picture of me on it. It was the most humbly and scary, exciting, overwhelming experience so then he gets famous and he's still in jail for two more years. But the judge is nice, and he says he has like the one black judge in the whole county. And it's like, okay, because I do see that you're getting like a lot of modeling opportunities. I will will like bump your sentence down from three years too, so you can like be viral and gigs mama, you know.
Speaker 2: And this time he talks about a lot about you know, prison reform and how schwartzen Acre was you know.
Speaker 1: Under pressure to like not like give clemency to that like gang leader Tuki.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tuk, who's like gang leader of the crips, even though he was like the poster child for like rehabilitation and like wrote so many children's books, right, but Schwartzenegger is so like killed him.
Speaker 1: Yes, And then the state did execute him. And then that day on the yard, a guard was so stupid and didn't realize that ten cents was so high because of this execution, and then like I did get like shanked down boots and like stabs so many times, but inmates, yeah, so nobody even noticed it. So it's a little bit like prison guards out there like read the news.
Speaker 2: Read the news, like go to Dailymail dot com dot uk and just.
Speaker 1: Like take the temp of the yard before you go wandering through.
Speaker 2: So when he gets out of prison, him and Melissa writing these letters and oh that actually happened even before he went to prison this time, right, we're already married. Yeah, they were already married and kid, so oh they go see like a fortune teller and this fortune teller is like reading all these crazy charts and he says, your fame is gonna get so big and Melissa, your wife isn't gonna like how famous you're gonna get, and a woman is going to come between you.
Speaker 1: And it's just like, uh yeah, that's more obvious thing in the world. And he's like and then it actually came true. And who's the woman you ask?
Speaker 2: Chloe? She's the hairess to top Shop seas and it's so iconic. And he's at this like crazy party that his agent takes him to and he's introducing him to.
Speaker 1: Like Ridia walking for Philip Plyne, who's just like the most like cheesy designer.
Speaker 2: And he's in the Extremity fashion show.
Speaker 1: It's being just like his whole like fashion guer is so Zulander.
Speaker 2: Okay. Also, there's so many amazing photos, like let's get into it of his like fashion work.
Speaker 1: What's funny is there's two photo sections in this book. The first is like photos of his life and like him with his kids and him like doing those mom those prison photo shoots where they have the background.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a fun background so you can take photos with the goods.
Speaker 1: But then the second is just literally modeling photos that seem like they were done just for this book or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because like I was looking up his other modeling photos, like in Milan where he's wearing like so much. Kind of like early two of him out the fencing photos is okay, so he's like doing this sexy lie down but like leaning on one elbow. He's holding a pillow or is that the fencing block pad like a fencing sword, and then fencing boots.
Speaker 1: What I will say, though, I do feel like I'm not seeing a lot of range in his facial expressions. He's got such a strong face, but I think he's afraid to kind of like move it around a little bit. So Okay, here he is smiling, doing one smile getting out of a pool. It looks good to me.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit like, well, if you have this face, like this is kind of the face.
Speaker 1: But here's a little so okay when he gets.
Speaker 2: Wet, somemoldering here this black and white photo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but again that's the same face.
Speaker 2: I think this face is different than this face, which is.
Speaker 1: That face, the water face that he's doing a little bit more work. But it's like I'm not seen like surprise, I'm not seeing Coquette. I'm not. I could see a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Here, but yeah, the clothes that he's wearing all like the people dress him in are these like slashed blue and black leather jackets that say like fear no bitch like on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's like he's walking for Philip. I don't know. Remember he talked about Philip Plane a lot because that's who like brought him to a lot of events. When he goes to Canon, eventually does meet Chloe Chloe and along with Gigi Hadid.
Speaker 2: Who was he describes as super laid back in chill.
Speaker 1: Jim and I met a really cool woman there named Gigi Hadid. She was incredibly laid back. We talked with her all evening. She told us that she had a membership to the Monte Carlo Beach Club, and then we were walking to join her the next day. It wasn't just my first time at a beach club in Monte Carlo. It was my first time going to a beach club period. And so that's when he runs into this girl, Chloe, who turns out to be the heiress to top Shop. When we first met, I had no idea who she was. I didn't follow fashion industry, and I had no idea that she was the daughter of billionaire Philip Green. His nickname was the King of high Street. The business mogul owned top Shop, Miss Selfridge and so many more, twenty five hundred outlets across the UK. He even known Sears. There were no top shops near San Quentin. That's the prison in California. And we sure weren't watching reruns of Maid and Chelsea while I was locked of a person. Is that like a cheesy British reality show? It must be anyway as Essex, it's very up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm sure Chloe, like in a housewise way, was on the show, and so he was so like, no, I'm not, like, I haven't been watching this show. He's like, of course not fully divorced from Melissa, who stood by him.
Speaker 1: And she was like, yeah, you know, Melissa wasn't so happy about me dating this like billionaire British girl with like so many homes in Monte Carlos.
Speaker 2: And he's like, yeah, so then this photo like did come out that was like us on a yacht and like off the coast of Turkey, and he's like, and I do wish I had formerly filed for divorce before the Turkish yacht photo came out, but like, unfortunately I didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does seem.
Speaker 2: By the end of the book and like spoiler alert, him and Chloe have now broken up, mostly because he fell into depression and didn't want to live full time in a Monaco.
Speaker 1: Same even though his son really enjoyed going to school there and became really close with their driver, who then died in a biking accident. This is it's so sad because the driver's motorcycle breaks and so then this is kind of the suing s Jeremy buys him a new motorcycle because he's like so grateful for him, like being such a good driver and like striking up such a nice relationship with his son well, and he's also like in a motorcycle accident like three weeks later and so guilty of.
Speaker 2: Course, he sent you if I hadn't repaired his motorcycle, yeah, maybe he wouldn't have died, but motorcycles are very dangerous, but maybe the guy wouldn't have had money dangerous repair the motorcycle. So let's if he didn't repair the motorcycle, you can't blame yourself. And he saw on him he was like, you know, I never had money to do things, and now I can give anyway. It sounds like his son, though now still lives in Monaca with Chloe, because he's just like.
Speaker 1: And you know if Chloe's sort of in some ways is the Leanna to his son. She's this mom who stepped up and she's just being like.
Speaker 2: Thay, she just is the mom. He has a baby with Chloe and a baby with Melissa.
Speaker 1: Is the Molissa kid not also going to school there?
Speaker 2: Oh no, the Molissic kid. I think it's like back in the States because I saw him post being like my son graduated from eighth grade and I'm so proud. Okay, yeah, And it was definitely like and it wasn't Halie based.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like he wasn't graduate.
Speaker 2: From And him talking about like Monico schools is so funny. He's being like he met all these people and they spoke all these different languages and they could do so much at this Monaco school.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's just basically been like every like white liberal parent who's just like, I want my kid to speak four languages and I'm enrolling them in Mandarin and ah seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I have to give it to him because his career really popped off and he came back from Monaco and he started working with vig Fox, which I was so happy. He devotes a full chapter.
Speaker 1: Two yeah, and he says that she is the goat. And then he starts doing all these kind of like B movies, these kind of like Greater Tyler Perry, Viviget Fox, like BT plus, like Pluto TV like No.
Speaker 2: And I was like streaming, and I was like, Okay, I do need to get a BET login that I've been trying to get forever.
Speaker 1: I watched like ten minutes of this movie that he was in and he was just like the thing I sent you where he was where It's like he's like on the phone holding a perfume body. He's like, yes, we just received the samples of the new perfume. We'll put together a marketing strategy asap. And then just like a hawk, girl comes in and he's just like, Wow, you're so beautiful. I bought you a locket and she's like, you're my client. I could never accept this locket.
Speaker 2: Okay, And that was interesting because I watched more of a thriller where he plays like an evil strip club owner.
Speaker 1: Okay, so he's got range well, and.
Speaker 2: In this book he talks about how he's on the set of this movie and like, during like a break, ving raims to him, is like you should do rom coms and he's like what, No, Like not me, I only do thrillers. And he's like, no, man, you should really do it. And then he's like someone overheard our conversation and said I could do a rom com. So then that's probably what you watched. You watched his transition to a rom com.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell where the movie was one of those movies where it's like, maybe it could end up as a thriller.
Speaker 2: Right, Mine was verrely key was evil, but then he also goes and does like a stage production of a play called Her Lies His Secrets.
Speaker 1: Oh, the one in Indiana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, and he's like stage performance is so amazing.
Speaker 1: It's also very Smith Jared of him to be like, I'm like a hot guy doing a play.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then of course, like at the end of kind of this tale and he's like less celebrity in this way because he is just prison Bay. He's a little more kind of like laying out his goals in Your's Resolutions at the end of the book, yeah, being like, look, I actually really want to go to Brazil and like my like Mama Donna who raised me but isn't my mother is like half Japannee, and I would love to visit Okannawa.
Speaker 1: She's the funky mom in Medical Lake who is their mom who was so like, if y'all want to do weed and drink, that's okay, but I'd rather you do it at my house.
Speaker 2: He has sent to some charitable work that I just want to read this passage. He's working with some kind of underprivileged children. It got me to thinking, I know a lot of people. I know a lot of people are really big brands who would love to get involved to help those kids trapped in the system who didn't have anyone giving them some clothes. A contacted my man Rich at Fashion Nova because I've been doing a lot of work with him, and asked they be willing to supply these kids with some clothes. He came back instantly and then he he gets all these kids some dope clothes and Fashion Nova that's sick. And I was like, Okay, you know, people.
Speaker 1: Say a Fashion Nomah makes incredibly low quality garments, and I bought this really cheap pair of shorts like five years ago, And are they like coming apart at the seams, Yes, but like five years is not that bad for like a forty dollars pair of shorts.
Speaker 2: That's actually insanely long time.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say it's not entirely my fault that they're coming to part at the seams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're man spreading and like putting your little paws down there doing some things in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think my body has been sort of man's breading the inside the shorts over the past.
Speaker 2: I say, one of my favorite pair of casual shorts is a pair of black Cargoes from Walmart in Wisconsin. I got them because I was going tubing praise the Walmart. I'm telling you, they look good. They were ten bucks. And I just think Rich at Fashion Nova is like doing some amazing work. And I have to say, and we'll review this, but I mean, honestly, I'm like so proud of Jeremy Meeks and like he's kind of covered a lot of topics in this book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, props to my man, because you know, I do think his story is well, it's extraordinary because of his bone structure. You know, he is able to shed I pretty like non proselytizing light on our prison system and how fucked up it is and.
Speaker 2: How far to the prison system, how far to up pharmaceutical industry is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I also love that part because he's saying, like American doctors just pushed right out. I see on him over and over and over again for his backpan, and he's like, when I was in Europe, I saw that the way they dealt with this was much more holistic approach. But America is just pills, pills, pills, And he's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, they didn't ask me if, like my family had a history of addiction. First, I did. Yeah, I don't know. I think Jeremy has also like done a really good job like staying close to Melissa, his ex wife. Yeah, and they actually went on a reality show to call like After Happily ever af After Happily ever After, and he was like, I really didn't want to go on it because I knew like the industry and they would just like edit us to look bad. But she really wanted to go on it, and he was like, I'm not going to deny her like piece of the pie of fame. He's like, I got my fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's actually very very chill of him. I mean, listen, it's also his book, you know who. I'm sure he's not a perfect father.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sure Melissa and Chloe, Yeah, have their started the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they on the side of the story and they could say, you know, like you know when he says like I was tempted by women, but like I always told my manager to like have them not come over to me when I'm doing all these like paid appearances at just like a whatever like Mountain Dew event, like at some nightclub. I'm kind of like, I'm sure you were getting bezet with these cheeks.
Speaker 2: Here we go the Daily Mail, our favorite website. In the amounter of months ago, the model was forced to deny they had split him in Chloe. That is after he was photographed am and arm with Romanian born model Andrea Sassu at two events during the Corn Film Festival.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so our boy was double dibbit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think he's being very like I love both the mothers of my children. I would never look at another woman named Andrea Sassu. Yeah, so don't believe men all the time. Yeah, but like also proud of.
Speaker 1: You, Jeremy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're a con please.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you know what, Jeremy, I know, I came into this book with like, you know, low expectations, just based on the kind of the margin, the margin.
Speaker 2: And like the reason because at the beginning I was definitely kind of like, Okay, I know who you are, but also like why am I reading this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like ultimately, like do I think that like his story is I mean, I'm impressed with what he's done. I like, I guess I'm out of everyone who gets this kind of fame. He's maintained in a slightly more interesting way, by doing these kind of like low grade, like these almost like kind of tear read level kind of films where.
Speaker 2: I'm just like kind of more gone into just like a B level thriller that's like streaming, as we said, as.
Speaker 1: Opposed to continuing to doing like Dancing with the Stars forever. So it's like, I think that's kind of it's more admirable.
Speaker 2: He's way more into like the subject matter too.
Speaker 1: I Also what I like about this book is, I know we're getting into like reading it, but I'm like because it's like so almost self published vibes, Like I feel like there's stuff that wouldn't usually be in like a bigger title where he's talking about the violence in prison, like really intensely, And I think that's so important that we talk about how actually violent it can be inside the prison system, because a lot of the time that kind of violence isn't discussed.
Speaker 2: No, and it's just more like, oh, you're violent, so you should go to prison.
Speaker 1: When it's like and he's just like, prison is full of people who actually want to kill you, and it's all these rival gangs and like everyone's getting murdered. Like the whole part about prison riots and how it's just like it's in deluge of death and blood and everyone's getting stabbed left and right. Is so terrifying. And I feel like a HarperCollins would kind of like really tame that section down, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because they would just be like, oh, wasn't it hard for you there? Or maybe because they probably have so many like Charles Manson books. I loved his little paragraph bought Charles Manson. That was like we had one interaction that was like horrible where basically like they were showering and then like Charles Manson like screamed racial epithets about him and he was like and then he just was pacing on, mumbling, and he was like, okay, Grandpa, get yourself to bed. I'm gonna go open all my fan mail, okay, And he was like Charles Manson would get Duffels also sent to him every single day.
Speaker 1: That's fame for you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's kind of the substance a little bit like like rival like hotties yea, and like Charles Manson is like, you know, the racist called serial killer of the past the past, and then here's like hot poison Bay. It was much more just like victim of like fucked up police system, right, He's like, I actually didn't have to like run a colt and kill all of them. I'm just hot and I went to a bowling alley. Sorry, I'm hot, and.
Speaker 1: I peeked during the height of mom Facebook in twenty sixteen hot segment What does she wear?
Speaker 2: What does she eat? How does she live?
Speaker 1: What does she wear? Fashion Nova?
Speaker 2: Fashion Nova? Like, I think he has also like really badass leather pieces. But I think it's also like maybe a little bit of like a baggy dickies and like sometimes like a beautiful linen shirt buttoned down, or it's like crazy skinny jeans and a Moto leather jacket.
Speaker 1: I definitely think it's crazy skinny jeans but slashes. I definitely think it's like.
Speaker 2: White linen suit from Fashion Nova.
Speaker 1: Turtleneck, sexy turtleneck, sexy turtleneck, anyone leather jacket over sexy.
Speaker 2: Turtle dock sandals.
Speaker 1: But I also feel like he is still having a little bit of a gang bang or vibe and doing like big clean white T shirt or is he not because he's so I left that life behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's left that life behind. I think it's a little more like and everything's more hitted now tight shirt, right.
Speaker 1: And he's like, I want to go to Brazil and a tight shirt and that's my goal for twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty with like kind of like this like white zipper Pleathan jacket.
Speaker 1: The movie I watched the sidebar, but the Love Interest, Yeah, it starts out she's trying to get pegnant and she's on the toilet like taking a pegrancy test, and she has an anklet on both ankles. So I wonder if, like, do you think he ever got Chloe like an anklet as a gift, like with her credit card?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's like, here's your visa books. Yeah, and he's like, no, I'm gonna pay with this with my like and trauma de fashion show money.
Speaker 1: Okay. How does he live?
Speaker 2: I think he?
Speaker 1: Do you think he lives like in a two bedroom condo in La.
Speaker 2: Es two bedroom calibasas for me, because he thinks Colabossos is beautiful.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's living in such a family place.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: No, now that he's like single, I feel like he has a bachelor pad.
Speaker 2: In lowerl Canyon.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. No, I think it's like a little bit more just like Valley. No, like Korea Town.
Speaker 2: I don't think he lives in Korea. Cinta Monica, more Santa Monica, like he sees more or even Venice Beach, Like he's more beach to me, he's so Venice, right, And he's like on a longboard and he's taking his son's longboarding.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cute. It's so cute dream Okay. And I think it's somewhat underdecorated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a dad in this way. But I think it's like frame posters of like the Dutch Three that's one of the movie season right, self published author.
Speaker 1: I feel like when I was looking at the movies, they were all like already sequels.
Speaker 2: It's everything. It's like a sequel of a sequel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got the Dutch three framed, and maybe like there's definitely like a lot of like families where the home is like silver frames.
Speaker 2: Yes, and like frame photos of like all of his wives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like him and Melissa are getting each other's shotter flies for Christmas like constantly.
Speaker 2: But like he also like has been to like beautiful European churches, and I feel like has gotten some like weird gifts for himself.
Speaker 1: You think he's buying some like beautiful cross. Yeah, potchki cross.
Speaker 2: Helpsed like Pastor Davis. He is very new church.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not buying like a beautiful like medieval like fake cross.
Speaker 2: Okay, but he takes that author to like a church and he's like, here we are two former gang members.
Speaker 1: I think there's maybe a cross or two in the house. But I don't think it's.
Speaker 2: Like I'm just travel cross. I was not trying really about a travel concept, like a framed European photo from a kiosk in a tourist area.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Well. Agree you think he got like a cool postcard of just like Courchevelle and he's just like and he's like, he took it to his framers. What is he me?
Speaker 2: He could be very Framebridge and he's like, hey, is anything you want to frame?
Speaker 1: No, I think Melissa is Framebridge, Framebridge, Massachusetts over here.
Speaker 2: Oh well, he's kind of like part Rhode Island Indian as.
Speaker 1: I says Warwick. Yeah so, and he did not have a great time in Rhode Island.
Speaker 2: No, he left pretty soon.
Speaker 1: Many don't. Yeah, what does he eat?
Speaker 2: I think he is like protein protein protein.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's missed Jim. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It literally is just like grilled chicken.
Speaker 1: And I feel like I want to say he goes to a gym that's like it's not like such a crunch like.
Speaker 2: Or P thirty five or whatever that program is.
Speaker 1: It's some kind of like new male kind of local chain where there's like seven locations in Los Angeles and it's called Evolve.
Speaker 2: Or like, yeah, it's evolved Jim.
Speaker 1: He has a train or like the build or something, and it's like one hundred dollars a month, like it's not EQUINAX prices, but it's not blank.
Speaker 2: No, And I think it's small. But he works out a lot, and I think it's like what he's eating. It's like tons of protein powders, and I think it's.
Speaker 1: Just like, yeah, oh, the kitchen is like creating.
Speaker 2: Up the who Yeah, And then he's doing a nonstick pan grilled chicken, which is and just kind of throwing a lot of.
Speaker 1: Powders and all that weird like plastic coating is getting all over the food. And honestly, frankly he's the air fier. Yes for the kids, Yeah, they love it and always putting like salmon bites in or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's just like broccoli maybe like rice pouches. Yeah, he's like Melissa is a better cook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she's also airfier. But she's saying that she's like better at using the air fire.
Speaker 2: Does he missed the food and want to cove?
Speaker 1: I bet he do.
Speaker 2: And then I think like he cheats on his diet when he travels. He's having like one pre here.
Speaker 1: I think actually he's not, because he's so disciplined in like learning his lines for a play. I kind of think that he's like actually not cheating on the diet. I think though he will and he's culture Yeah, he's tasting the cultures too, but I'm saying he's not being so James Candelpini and loading up on like six orders of trimpet four.
Speaker 2: I have half of the schnitzel.
Speaker 1: Yes, he'll have a few bites with Rachel style.
Speaker 2: Oh. And I kind of like, I'm like, is he sober now? Because he was like I smokedweed all. Oh no, Now he's into mushrooms.
Speaker 1: He's solos, yeah, because he said mushrooms are about wellness.
Speaker 2: And his like healing journey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's actually always like being more ayahuasca now right, and I think your depression. I couldn't tell if that friend Ugo at the end was a gay designer, that he was. This fashion designer was really important. He was a stylist.
Speaker 2: At the end of the book, it gets a little more male friendship in this way that is a little more like, Hm, I think I'm g Shedeed and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you're super lated.
Speaker 2: I'm so laid back, and I'm like introducing him to my like Era's friend.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously I'm Germany meet because I've been to jail many times. And also hello. When he gets deported from the UK, that was that literally it really happened to me. And when he said they sent him back to New York instead of la where he'd come from. You and they sent me to Washington, d C. Instead of New York where I came from and you never bolt and they marched me through heathrow and handcuffs just like they did with him. I was like, wait and they were waiting for you all yeah, and they got like interrogated in the same cell I was probably out. I was like, wait, girl, same fucking vibes. If you've been detained a Heathrow and deported back to America to a city you haven't that you didn't fly from.
Speaker 2: Girls also very like both of you guys were. It's like his parole officer could have maybe told him that he was going to be deporter from Heathrow and he was like, oh girl, I'm going to London.
Speaker 1: No I know. And it was like literally like I could have done one ounce of research to like know that I shouldn't have showed up without a return to get in like a huge bag saying I want to do and.
Speaker 2: Say you want to be a piano teacher and a journalist, dumbass.
Speaker 1: And I still do and that's my goal for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: To Jeremy like literally, dope job. I give this book a three point seven nonstick pans out of pans. I think, like, for what is supposed to be some dumb book about an influencer, I think he's shone a light. I'm a lot more going on our country than some of these celebrities do with the end of their book about their little foundations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate the light being shown. I mean, listen, is it a work of great literature? No?
Speaker 2: Does he repeat himself all the time, absolutely, like he'll do a page will be like I grew up in Medical Lake, and then the next page will be like as I said, someone who grew.
Speaker 1: Up in medical up in medical Lake, Like no, we got it, No, we got it. Sure, yeah No. I give this three out of five. What's it called bad decisions? What's the drink?
Speaker 2: Audio? Smotherfuck audios, motherfuckers? And I think it like gave a light to a lot of kind of like be my thrillers that like I think I am such a fan.
Speaker 1: Of yea And definitely log into your t Plus account today or join or join and watch some new thrillers that maybe you weren't playing and.
Speaker 2: You'll have ads, but you know, pick your poison, okay best. This episode was produced edited by Darby Masters. I would like to thank our supervising producer of Uzafar. I would also like to thank in this episode our executive producer Christina Everett.
Speaker 1: I would like to thank our engineer by Heat Frasers, all the beheats through whom I've experienced deep discovery, strength, weakness, failure, love, brokenness, virality, growth, humility, and I still have found my way to the top of the podcast industry, so I thank him for his efforts.
Speaker 2: An inspiring force for me and my journey has been the music of Stephen Philips Forts, who has done the music as well as the artwork of Teddy Blanks, which I have duplicates. I can't afford the real ones, but I have kind of imitations of his work in my house.
Speaker 1: I carry with me in every room and space to enter of fullness that comes from many places, including our previous production company, Prologue Projects, and the work that we did to create the experiences and emotions that I continue to feel today on this show, and I thank them much for their service, and I have profound respect for my village.
Speaker 2: I'm eternally thankful for you club kids, for your love and encouragement and wisdom through your unconditional love of joining. If you have been unconditional to us and have joined our Patreon, that's beautiful. If you feel like being a little more unconditional with your love and wants to join the Patreon if you do have the funds to do it, I would encourage you to do that. Patreon dot com. Plush you see the podcast. Thank you