Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: According to the Celtics, Jason Tatum underwent successful surgery to a prayers or rupture the Chigley's tender. No timetable is currently available for his return, but he is expected to make a full recovery. So he's gonna probably be non weight bearing for what two months, Probably have that little scooter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because the last thing you want to do, oh Joe, is retear it.
Speaker 1: No no no no no no.
Speaker 4: But you don't want no pressure on that, so you want to elevate it. And when you got to move around, you see.
Speaker 3: What the time, what's averaged. I think six to eight weeks is non weight bury.
Speaker 2: And you know, I saw I saw an article today where they're saying guys that have had that injury and the timetable that took, Like Kevin de Gardnet is probably the most famou person to have that. He was off for two years basically, Uh had it at thirty and then he came back at thirty two. And Kevin Durant didn't miss a beat. Dominique had it late in his career.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken, I think Jason Tatum might be the youngest player that's had it right, Alfonso Ellis had it.
Speaker 3: There have been several guys that and then every.
Speaker 4: Every everybody, somebody heals differently too. Yes, even even though he's he's much younger than dB.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's as far. Like I said, I meant to scream.
Speaker 2: I meant to take a like a because I was reading on the I think I was on ESPN or somebody maybe Google.
Speaker 3: I was googling it, and uh I was googled with it. I could do that.
Speaker 2: I maybe maybe I should have Maybe should maybe I should have screenshot and said the ash.
Speaker 3: Like witness on the board. Uh, but it but it uh, maybe it was.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's playing next year.
Speaker 1: Now, you know what I think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's well, I mean, Achilles, the ac is completely different and he's.
Speaker 3: See I see, I see you the start of twenty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's what I say, started twenty six.
Speaker 2: Not so he's not gonna play like the basketball seam starting in October goals into twenty six, now twenty six leading in the twenty seven. That's the fact. That's what I'm coming back. Yeah, I'm gonna make sure that think. I'm gonna make sure that think because Kevin Durant looked like he didn't missed a beat, because remember Kevin Durant, he missed the bubble, right, and then he.
Speaker 3: Came back the following years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the question is, though, Joe, given that, are they gonna break it up the Celtics cause you got you got JB on the max contract, you got Derrick White, you got a holiday, and you got Al Horford.
Speaker 4: I mean, speaking of breaking up, do they have the patience to wait until he comes back to see if they can make an the run?
Speaker 3: They just they just sold the team for six point one billion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now this does new ownership have the patience with understanding everything is probably lopsided.
Speaker 1: You're probably not making any money right now.
Speaker 3: Anyway, they just think, oh, Joe, just think about this. Now. Just imagine if you paid.
Speaker 2: Three million for a car, ah, but it's gonna cost you four hundred thousand dollars year to upkeep it.
Speaker 3: Because that's what That's what happened.
Speaker 2: You paid six billion for the team, but you still got to pay three hundred million the Jason bro JB three hundred million to JT. You got one hundred and thirty million, one hundred and forty million, one hundred.
Speaker 1: Well, also, you know what she also got to understand if you can pay six billion or web of it may have been fourteen, and you have to pay Jason Tatum three hundred, you got to pay Jayleen Brown three hundred, you already got fuck you money anyway.
Speaker 2: But you notice what people have got money. They like to spend money, like what they want to spend money on. They'd like to buy a yacht, or they'll buy a private plane. They're gonna save or where they can save and where they normally save employees. Yeah, that's what they saved, Joe.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I'm trying to think, George, what we saw that uh the print that Jogger had a custom seven forty seven, that jumbo jet. Remember we was out, Oh decided prince uh huh. Now he's on the road with one. It was the L a X, It was a l He wasn't got one seven forty seven. Yeah, that's the biggest. That's the biggest. That that's what the president of Air Force. One of the seven forty seven hold somewhere between four hundred and eighty and six hundred and fifty people.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine how big that is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a different kind of money over there on Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Want to Yeah we took, Yeah we took yeah. Oh yeah that was in l A. Yeah yeah, I was like, but yeah, uh, I just tell you man, he was having it.
Speaker 3: He was having unbelievable.
Speaker 2: He's about to be named to his first fourth consecutive NBA All First Team NBA First Team All NBA.
Speaker 3: He was having a night last night and just like that fluke luke.
Speaker 2: When he went down, You're like, did he And then I saw him spending around and he grabbed that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew what it was. Yeah, I just I was I was hoping for the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he had heard you say, hey man, it's find like you got feel like you got.
Speaker 3: Kicked, Like, man, who kicked me? Who tripped me?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 1: Just thinking what.
Speaker 2: So what if you're the Celtics cause next year he's not playing next year? Do you break it up?
Speaker 1: That's a that's a that's a great question. Who's the who's the Who's ahead of the snake now? JB?
Speaker 3: JB?
Speaker 2: Well, Jason, I think Jason Tatum is the guy that the boss is not getting up off of.
Speaker 3: Question is.
Speaker 2: Would you trade JB? And some draft picks. Let me see for who. Yeah, that's it, that's it. I don't know what I think. Yeah, uh you trade, you trade?
Speaker 3: Uh JB.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think who could you You think the Celtics be interested in?
Speaker 3: Kevin Garnett? I mean Kevin Durant.
Speaker 1: I mean, damn, that's a good one. M Okay, what do you think?
Speaker 4: I think some some some people will say hell no, maybe based on age.
Speaker 1: Nady, you could stee you eat twenty five twenty to night. I mean, hell why not? They might say no, though.
Speaker 3: You'll be interested to see what they do.
Speaker 2: I think maybe a conversation that they weren't gonna have had the Boston Celtics did what we thought they could capable of doing, which was repeating. I think I think it's a uh no question that you decided to try to let them repeat. But all best off the table now with yo, all best off the table? Yeah, they ure for whatever they unachieved. I'm not so sure even if Jason Tatum had stayed healthy, they were going to beat the Knicks, because that means they will have to beat the Nicks three times. Yep, we'll never know, Joe, We'll never know, stay tuned. Trey Henderson met with the media today for twenty two minutes. He said he will not play this season on the current contract. His arrival today at voluntary OTAs as a result of things becoming personal after being informed by Zach Taylor on Monday he would be fine for missing mandatory minicamp. Let's take a listen to what Trey told Marshall Kamanski of WCPO.
Speaker 3: At this point, do you want to be a Cincinnati Bengal.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's a tough question too, because you try not to let the business become personal. I think over the last week or so, it's become personal unfortunately.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: And when there's a lack of communication in any relationship, if it's a business or a personal relationship, lack of communication and leads animosity, and that leaves my narrative only to me with no clear direction.
Speaker 3: I'm a Floridian.
Speaker 5: So there's unprovoked shark attacks and there's provoked shark attacks.
Speaker 2: Oh, John, that's the last two seasons with Trey Hendrickson off the field, two hundred and ninety four dropbacks. They were dead last in success, dead last and completion rate, dead last and passer rating dead last and pressure rate. Bengals rank dead lasted every statistical category, passing wise when Trey Hendrickson is off the field in nine hundred and nine dropbacks when he's on the field eight in success rate eleventh and completion rate eight and passer rating and twelfth and pressure rate. Let's just say he's a very important Yeah, they're.
Speaker 1: Very important for that defense.
Speaker 4: But you know one thing I do hate, boy, is this the business side of things, especially like this. They paid Joe, you paid t Higgins, you paid you March. I'm not sure if there's enough money to go around and give.
Speaker 3: Him let him go.
Speaker 1: Wait, let me, let me give him what he's worse. To give him what he's worth.
Speaker 3: Somebody else do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if they if they were gonna let him go, I would have thought it been done.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 4: I thought it would have been done, maybe before the draft or maybe doing the draft. I'm not sure what the issue is going on with there. I hope they rectify the situation and he.
Speaker 2: Ain't reg to find it organization for a decade. You know they ain't rectifind it.
Speaker 1: Hey, but I know, but listen, listen, you were.
Speaker 3: Trying so hard. You're trying so hard.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, I'm going to see both sides happen. You know, let Trey get this, get the money, get what he deserved. If you don't want to pay him, you know what he deserves, let him go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let it, let him go. You know that's all, no disrespect.
Speaker 2: No, And he says, you know, you try to keep and that's why me I had a major because I don't want to cut. Y'all gonna tell me something that I don't want to hear, and I'm gonna be pissed.
Speaker 3: And listen.
Speaker 1: One thing about it.
Speaker 4: It's a good thing you do have agents, and there's certain things that agents keep from you because if you was in those in those rooms with your agents. But it's time to negotiate. Yeah, this is how you really feel about me? Yeah, oh that's how you.
Speaker 1: Okay, bet well, you'll get pissed off.
Speaker 3: He would, yep. But I I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think there might be a situation with Trey Henderson hold out for half the season and then come in to get a credited for that year and bounce.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what. I don't know. The cap situation. They still got to sign their rookies.
Speaker 2: And you know, like you said, you gave Joe money a year ago, you just gave Tea. You just gave uh Chase his paper and the linebacker remember the livebackers said he want more bread?
Speaker 1: Yeah your main prep.
Speaker 3: Prap Yeah yeah, yeah, ain't no bread.
Speaker 1: And we and shambos right now on the defensive side of the ball man.
Speaker 2: And that's where y'all need the most help at Yeah, Cause the question is do you believe you'd have to say you believe Chase is gonna have another triple crowd year.
Speaker 3: Joe is gonna lead the lead with forty three, forty plus touchdowns. Again, higgin's gonna have.
Speaker 1: The type of year he's gonna in order for you to get back.
Speaker 2: Now, what if your defense with I Trey Henderson, y'all pass rush is h Yeah, and I know y'all took a d lineman, but it's hard for me to see a scenario he gonna give you seventeen and a half sacks like what you call him did?
Speaker 3: All right, I hope he does for y'all's sake.
Speaker 2: Y'are gonna need it because you saw as well as your offense played last year. You lost some games forty one, thirty eight, you lost some games thirty eight, thirty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was tough.
Speaker 4: It was tough, especially in the beginning of the season where that offense often got off to a slow start. We always start and we get ourselves in the hole at the beginning of the season. If we could just start fast, we wouldn't have to on teams at the end of the season and hoping they win certain games and lose certain games so we can get in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Exactly out of your business. Oh Joe, somebody leaked the Week one schedule. The season opens up the Cowboys at the Eagles. Okay, I no, Fox ain't happy about this because normally you don't normally put a game that I'm gonna do box office regardless, which is the Cowboys are gonna do right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then you got a Friday said, I'm trying to figure out how they get this game in September. Considering is that when they passed this regulation that the NFL was not gonna play any Friday game as long as the college season was in pulled swing. NFL say, if y'all we played, we played college, we play in NFL football. And then you got the Cleveland at the Jets, Saints at Tennessee, Broncos at the Texans, the Bucks at Carolina, the Dolphins at the Steelers, The Niners are at Indy, the Vikings are at the Lions, the Falcons at the Patriots. Uh, the Giants are at the Raiders, Jags are at the Cardinals, the Bears are at Washington, Seattle at the Rams, and then the uh your Bills Sunday night against at Buffalo, and then the Monday night game the uh the Ravens are at Green Bay.
Speaker 1: I want that's a good game. Hold on who who the Bills played? Week one?
Speaker 3: They play y'all at home Sunday night.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, you know gonna win that, you know gonna win.
Speaker 2: That man Josh Ally goes and started his back back MVP campaigns on y'all.
Speaker 1: Come again press.
Speaker 3: Play back to back MVP seasons. You don't want to you' how y'all gonna get, how y'all gonna get, how y'all gonna sacking? Well, how do you go?
Speaker 1: How do y'all gonna stop? How do y'all gonna stop?
Speaker 3: Jamar and t all? Do you got to do is stop y'all one time.
Speaker 2: We know y'all can't stop anybody.
Speaker 1: You know, we might surprise you defensively, now, Okay, I hope, so listen, we might surprise you.
Speaker 2: Surprised me last year, But how bad y'all were?
Speaker 3: Surprisingly surprise me?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: How good you got to go to beat?
Speaker 1: I can't I can't wait the football season. Man, I'm one game.
Speaker 3: Are you most excited to see?
Speaker 2: If the Cowboys, Eagles, forty nine, Chiefs, Chargers, Bingles, Bengals, Buffalo or the Ravens Green Bay?
Speaker 4: Honestly, to be honest, I got three games I really want to see. I want to see the Cowboys, Eagles, yep, Bengals, and the Bills. Yeah, and you might you might laugh at me, but I do want to see Travis Hunter burstus the Cardinals.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can say, y'all get that.
Speaker 4: I want to see how they're gonna use Travis Week one in general is just to see and get a test and get a field where he's at. That's what I want to see. Okay, Yeah, I mean everybody else, I mean it's it's it's cool games, but you know those those three, that's that's where that's where it's at for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, I can rock with that.
Speaker 2: Fox got the late game, late window, they got some four twenty five, They got the Bears, Washington, Seattle rams.
Speaker 3: Man, that Giants, Giants, Raiders.
Speaker 1: What snooze fast.
Speaker 3: You don't like it, I'm I'm gonna like it. I'm gonna learn to love it. Oh, Joe, I will learn to love it.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: But every year, every year we say.
Speaker 2: The teams that we think might not be any good, somebody, a couple of teams pops their head up and become very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Joe Buck and Troy Aikman made their Super Bowl picks on Good Morning America. This morning, Buck, I'm going to say, Buffalo finally win it. Eight Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Tory can't let go of now.
Speaker 2: Charge is normally really objective about the Cowboys. Now I will give him back. He's he's had a very harsh critique when when it's been warranted.
Speaker 3: So he's not a homer.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, yeah, who you.
Speaker 3: Got no pick this year?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm putting all the money I got on everybody but the Cowboys, ABC, EBC, Brother, everybody but Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Look, I did see some preseason games.
Speaker 2: It's hard to just put pick blind because man, I'm just trying to pick blind and oh show.
Speaker 3: You know, the preseasons keep player getting nicked.
Speaker 4: Now now even playing the preseason, man, right they might not Yeah, they don't.
Speaker 1: Even playing API.
Speaker 3: I need to see a game.
Speaker 2: The odds ain't gonna change that much after a game, right, I might, if I ever had it, I might put fifty two hundred down on somebody.
Speaker 3: Huh, I might put fifty two hundred down.
Speaker 1: Shoot, you'll be able to do that mother the season.
Speaker 3: On start to September.
Speaker 2: Oh well, Andy, by September, that thing that fifty two hundred's already like fifty nine hundred.
Speaker 3: By September, that thing might be seven.
Speaker 1: Hey boy, I might have to put a tariff on that taxi talking about.
Speaker 3: Oh, they suspended the tariffs, they suspended them.
Speaker 2: Travis Kelsey told reporters that he's lost around twenty five pounds this offseason to be in better shape for what it's believed to be his final season. Will Kelsey be able to turn back the clock this season on Joe?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I mean you definitely can obviously by losing weight late. Losing weight is one of those ways used to get get your get to your quickness back, get you.
Speaker 3: Get your little more fleet footed.
Speaker 1: You know, getting some of that heavyweight up on you, so you could be a little.
Speaker 4: Bit more smaller and do some of the things you used to do when you were when you was not younger, but just a little bit a little bit lighter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like, I think I definitely think it's gonna help.
Speaker 2: I think having Rashid Rice to help lift them coverage up off him. We saw Xavier Worthy blossom. I think that's gonna only be better. But they need to be able to run the ball a little better too.
Speaker 1: O jo, Hey, you don't like the chicko.
Speaker 3: No, he's been hurt. But they got to run the ball.
Speaker 2: They got to run the ball better. They got to protect my homes better. I mean, they gotta do a lot of things better. Defensively, I think they're gonna be good. I think SPACs have them back good again defensively. But I like the fact that Kelsey. You know, I tried to lose like a pound a year as I got older. H went into my final season like at two twenty six, to finish the season at two twenty three. Yeah, I just as you get older, you just can't move that. You can't move that weight like you once could.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I can't. I couldn't. Maybe some people can, but I couldn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I think he'll be fine too, because it is not like he's in there block and he's not a block.
Speaker 2: H Yeah, that's not that's not but he's still he needs to be able to have that wiggle.
Speaker 3: He needs to be able to, you know, shake.
Speaker 2: But I think with Worthy being Worthy, having that rookie year that he had, he had an outstanding Super Bowl even though he's in a losing effort.
Speaker 3: He became the number of receiver to get Rashid Rice back. Uh.
Speaker 2: They resigned Hollywood Brown, So I think it's he hopefully he can stay healthy, you know, because he missed half the season, oh choe with that shoulder injury. So hopefully he stays healthy. That'll be something that can lift.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: They got a nice little cord.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think I think Kelsey got got another good year.
Speaker 2: Then MLB Commissioner Rob Manford removed Pete Rose, Shoeless, Joe Jackson the other deceased players from the MLB permanently ineligible list man for rule Major League baseball punishment of banded individuals ends upon their death. They are now presumably eligible for the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I ain't not even here to smell my flowers. If you do put me in there, man, what the hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no disrespect, I think, I think. Look, this is the greatest deterrent you can have. Yeah, I know Pete Rose. I'm old enough to remember when Pete Rose played.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh remember he left the Big Red Machine, that great team with Tom Seaver and Morgan and Concepcion and and and and and uh Johnny Bench one of the great catchers. Uh, and went to the Phillies, and they wanted read a boy shoeless. Joe Ja acting three fifty six battan average. Allegedly he took five thousand, five thousand dollars from a gambler to throw the game, but he still hit three seventy five.
Speaker 3: In the World Series.
Speaker 2: So I guess they expected him here to three hit five hundred, because three seventy five of the World Series is pretty damn good.
Speaker 3: But uh, yeah, what do you think of Joe? Somebody got older.
Speaker 2: It's hard for a guy to have all those damn hits and he's not in appropriate, and he's not in the Braceball Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 4: I understand also on I just Pete Rose is passed on. Yeah, if at any point he was going to have an opportunity to get into the Hall of Fame, I mean, I would love for it to be done where he could have been here to.
Speaker 1: Smell, he could enjoy it, he get enjoyed, you know, putting them in.
Speaker 2: So I guess bag gonna be able to before the Hall of Fame when he when he did, got seven m vps the University of one of the I mean most modern players say he's the greatest player that they've ever seen. You go back and look at Tripper Jones, Tom Blavin, John Smokes, Dreg Maddox. A lot of the current players, I mean players that played say he's the greatest players they've ever seen. And you hear paper tell stories and it's true because I watched it. He got one pitch here to night and he hit it hard somewhere. Yeah, hit it hard somewhere. And he never tested positive. It wasn't an issue when everybody was hooping and Holliday in the stated.
Speaker 3: With jam Pat.
Speaker 1: So and that's crazy, but it's hard.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: To watch what he did is amazing. I don't think whatever. It's kind of like if you saw Tiger, you're never gonna see it again. If you saw Badarry, You're never gonna see what he did again. And show Hayes unbelievable. I'm not taking anything away from Shoe Hill, Tana because Dave Roberts, who played with Barry, said, show Hey is the closest thing to Barry.
Speaker 3: But you look at Barry's ops, and you look at his slugging percentage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and walk they will at least pitch the show hate they they walked Barry with the bases loaded. Now you going here, say third base, you're going You're going home because I better righted and I throw a coach play. He's gonna be a grand slap.
Speaker 3: I give up one man.
Speaker 4: Listen, Barr Barry's hand nine coordination man being able to find and be able to find that ball with that batman.
Speaker 1: What second and none? It is second, second to none?
Speaker 3: Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: The Green Bay package guard Sean Ryan came within two snaps shot of capping off his third NFL season with a two million dollar bonus ESPN reported that Ryan was two snaps away from playing thirty five percent of the package played offensive snaps between twenty twenty two and twenty twenty four, that mark specified in the CBA, which would have earned him an additional bonus of two million, forty two, four hundred and twenty nine dollars. It was previously believed Ryan had hit the mark. Unofficial stats provided by Pro Football indicated that Ryan was sixty five snaps short of reaching the bonus. Heading into the last game of the season, Ryan played exactly sixty five snaps and the loss to the Bears is they just said we had him at thirty five percent of snaps exactly. However, the NFL and the nfl PA both had him just under. So per Packers, they're not giving him the escalator, and we're pretty disappointed about it for sure.
Speaker 1: Damn one thing by it, one thing about him. Why they do not play when a come of that money.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: What they standsy boy? And I've heard, I've heard I was.
Speaker 3: Five yards short and they give me my one hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: Hey, they will play that, They will play with you like that? Yeah, crazy, And obviously I mean, the NFL pay, the NFL p A has to do something about that. They gotta do something about that because if if if he's played sixty five snaps in the last game, I mean, he should be able to get that that escalator or that incentive. There should be no reason, no reason why they miscount is well, I go back and watch every film and every snap, every last one.
Speaker 3: I need that.
Speaker 2: That's why you have to be like, see when you got stuff like that, you don't really know about OYO and you're coming out, Hey, hey Ryan such and such as U Nah, hell he ain't. He must be gonna play left guard because I'm the right guard right, I'm playing all the way to the end. I'm taking victory form. Bat a meal down. That's a snap for joke. I called time, Hey, tipe out. I need to get this meal down. Hey hell nah, Yeah, they ain't give me about one hundred thousand for five yards?
Speaker 3: So are you right? On't Joe?
Speaker 1: Hey, they don't play. I've heard many horror stories.
Speaker 4: Man coaches, head coaches, people calling from up upstairs, you know, pull so and so out because if they hit a certain amount of yards and if they get a catch, if they they they get this amount of plays this game, we have to pay an incentives, and you know the teams really don't want to pay it. That's what I told you, And they will show you. They will show you how dirty and griming that this is by pulling you out so you can't get those incentives.
Speaker 2: I stopped putting incentives in my contract because I if you paying me X amount of dollars, I'm supposed to lead the team in receiving. I'm supposed to go to the Pro Bowl. I'm supposed to be all pro. So I don't want you jossely with that. So don't worry about it. Go and give me my money up front, and then I do the rest from here, Right Ato, Joe, we gonna get out here on this when it's time for our final sigma. The evening, it's time for Q and a Q and A ton G said, it's hard being a Nuggets fan. What did the Nuggets need to do to give Joker more help? He got what he got. Now, hey, he might have less help when he signed that three year, two hundred and twenty one million dollar contract.
Speaker 1: Do you think he'll sign it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Hold on, I mean you think he will sign it. Yeah, why wouldn't you just pull a move like like, thank jaylen Brusse did what take it? So he can build around you because he not young like Jalen Brunson. Okay, okay, okay, triple X cop Sanday.
Speaker 2: We can't say Lakers in five. Now we have to say Pacers in five. The ball and shot call in nineteen ninety nine. Hey, uh, you remember a UN's draft If you do, which is the obvious, it was ridden this draft of that draft that was the first year of the lottery. Prior to that, you know, teams tank. The Rockets got the number one pick two years in the row. They got raph Samson in eighty three, and they turned around and got a line you on in eighty four, and then to put it, they installed the lottery. James Worthy was the first pick in the draft in eighty two. Now, man, mind you thinking about this. James Worthy was the first pick in the draft in eighty two. The Lakers won the championship and then they get James Worthy. Hm hm.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Eighty one was Mark Guire, seventy nine was was Magic. I don't know who's hell. Seventy eight was seventy eight Michael Thompson. I think seventy eight was Michael Thompson. Who the first pick in the draft in eighty eighty was Joe back Heap. Who's the Joe back Heal? I thought so bad.
Speaker 3: I'm just born, I you know, and listen, don't want to do that on y'all. I'm sorry. I wasn't. I wasn't there back in them days. I was, I was chilling. I was on the pall.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Cooper flag is the perfect situation.
Speaker 2: He's coming into the third option when Kyrie comes back and Jason Kidd can develop players. Yeah, I mean people, people definitely believe this draft was rigged. They give up Luca and they turned around to get.
Speaker 1: So how convenient.
Speaker 2: Yes, now they say, you know what, we're going to replace what you lost? Cool flag. It is trash talk, Tito. What's the looking on your question? Is it harder to be a two sports pro athlete or win back to back titles? I think there's been more back to back titles than two sports. I can only think of Bowl and Dion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm I'm a two score athlete.
Speaker 3: What bull jiving and what the other sports you play?
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously I'm I'm an NFL player.
Speaker 3: Okay, but did you do that simultaneous while you were playing in the NFL? Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: I was a professional ping pong player as well. Uh in the off season.
Speaker 3: No, it got to be in the season. Oh no, you gotta leave one. So are you on the are you on the were you on the circuit?
Speaker 1: Almost? I missed it. I missed it three times?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I mean I can look. Brian Jordan did too. Brian Jordan was a safety. He was also played safety, and he ended up going to the Cardinals. He gave up the football to play baseball full time. Bo and Dion those are only ones I can think about it now. I know other players that were drafted. I think Dave Winfield was drafted in three sports baseball, football, and basketball. Twenty go In was drafted in two sports basketball, all in baseball, but to actually physically do it. Yeah, And many people said baseball is the hardest sport to play.
Speaker 3: M Hey, who was he?
Speaker 1: Who was the receiver from Notre Dame? Was a receiver from Notre Dame, but he went to baseball instead.
Speaker 4: He was a picture remember Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I forgot I forgot his last name.
Speaker 3: He went to the he went to the he went to the Cubs.
Speaker 1: He's still he's still playing.
Speaker 3: He might be done that a long time ago. Ojoe.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, I know I can't.
Speaker 3: Think of this guy's name, Ojo.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I just thought of that when.
Speaker 3: Marger Jeff Yeah, Larger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a nice little he was a smooth little, smooth receiver.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we ain't spelling that one. Marg Yeah. I mean, hey, he had a ninety self mile loud fastball.
Speaker 2: He's like, you know what, I could be a possession receiver and make minimum or I go get this big payday from the main the leagues. Oh yeah, but he played what he played like seven eight years in the Major. He got called up, make good little try to change. Oh yeah, so he had to play. He played like seven eight years then with a record like that, because ain't nobody really pitching those thirty games?
Speaker 3: No more like back in the day.
Speaker 2: Really damn wherever he played thirteen seasons oh eight to twenty twenty all cardio note skill, Hey on, get on your huge fan question. Would you rather have a long, consistent career or a short legendary run? How short, the legendary run. If I'm gonna have a career like a like Gae Sales or Sterling sharp TD, I mean, I mean, but hold on to see lyn sanity.
Speaker 1: Would that be a legendary run?
Speaker 3: No, Okay, one year.
Speaker 1: That's it? Hey, yeah boy year boy. He was gonna fire.
Speaker 2: Boy. Yeah, he was sensational. He was on fire, A long consistent. That's a good question.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take the consistent. I'm gonna take the consistency.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that bread come with that.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I think I would go. I think I think I have a long consistent career. I take the consistency. Bits again, Uncle o, your love the show. If you could bring back one retired player for one season, who is it? What's the sport? Baseball? Bad Bonds? Basketball? I bring back Jordan football, I bring back my brother he healthy. Mm hmmm, I'm selfish. Who you bringing back baseball?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, baseball? Give me give me.
Speaker 4: I'm more entertainment, many being many, Yeah, give me some entertainment.
Speaker 1: I want you gonna go football. Matter of fact, we bring up I'm bringing bringing t Yo back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you still want to play, so I don't want to bring too back so he can he can live that out one more time he does.
Speaker 3: Who else?
Speaker 1: Who else? What other sport we got?
Speaker 3: You got a baseball? You have basketball? Who you bringing back?
Speaker 1: I want? I want my beloved Kobe, Kobe. I want my beloved Kobe back.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Let me see what else we got.
Speaker 3: Hockey?
Speaker 1: Gretzky, Gretsky, Yeah, Greg, Yeah, Greg, gret is a good one. Tennis.
Speaker 3: I want Arena to come back and be and beat Margaret Court's record.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. General, I love fed the Swiss maestro. But Serena, Serena, I like that. I like it. I like it. Okyo, Harry who that said question? Would you rather win?
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 3: Would you rather win one ring as a star or five as a role player? Five? Five?
Speaker 2: Okay? Am I either sixth or seventh man, or I'm level the twelve because if I'm Robert Rory, I'm taking Robert Lorriy right.
Speaker 3: What happened to you?
Speaker 1: Just happened to be on the team?
Speaker 3: Nah, hell no, it's a lot.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of you know, just sometimes people are fortunate just to be in the right place at the right time.
Speaker 2: True, damn, he could have made it more compeller. He could have said two three, The man said one ye, sax and halftime. If you had to start, bench cut Cam New, Lamar Jackson, Michael Vick, Come on, Lamar.
Speaker 1: Oh damn, man, come on, man who came up with that question?
Speaker 3: I'm starting Lamar damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna pass on that one. You gotta answer O Yoe, No, don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah you do.
Speaker 1: I'm starting all of them.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't start. You can't start three quarterbacks. He that See if you in basketball you have a good chance. You said, you know what, I'm starting three point guard. You can't start three quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Mallam, why you should have did fun Mary kill instead of the three quarterback on?
Speaker 1: That's the that's the original.
Speaker 3: I look, I mean, we got to do this. I think I was.
Speaker 2: I would starting Lamar, I would bench Mike Damn Cam. Yeah, I'm sorry, and that do Cavi the only one that went to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Mike did.
Speaker 2: But like I said, I gotta bench Mike because the Michael Big experience he got.
Speaker 3: Can't get rid of it. I can't can't. And l Jack.
Speaker 2: Damn, I wish A part of me wish when when Lamar was a free agent and they franchised him.
Speaker 3: Atlanta would have got him. Can you imagine Lamar and Lama on that turf?
Speaker 4: Man, Listen, I'm still trying to forget who was the idiot that said what was it the owner that said something crazy?
Speaker 3: Off blank.
Speaker 4: If somebody said something crazy about him by him being in Atlanta?
Speaker 1: I forgot what it was.
Speaker 3: Man. But but yeah, I know all that. But who you starting? Who you benching? Who you cutting? Matter of fact?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm going. I'm going old I'm going.
Speaker 4: I'm going old heads. I'm going then since since Cam has been to Super Bowl, I'm starting Cam.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. Put im put Mike on the bench and I'm holding this. Listen to me. I'm I'm putting them.
Speaker 4: I'm cutting Lamar because Lamar still playing right now and this is just hypothetical.
Speaker 1: So boom, dad is I'm keeping. I'm sticking with me yet with the boys from my era.
Speaker 2: All right, good job about you? Six foot a quiry said eighty six Celtics win the title. Then they draft Land by us a big f yep, because Man was unbui.
Speaker 1: He bumped out Hey in comparison to players in today's game. Who would Limbias be like, Oh my god, he.
Speaker 3: Was six foot eight.
Speaker 2: He could handle the ball, he could shoot it, he can Oh my god, he played above the rim.
Speaker 3: He was a jump or two. Hell yeah, I'm trying to think who we remind you of? He was a bigger ad man. What he played like that?
Speaker 5: M hm?
Speaker 3: He was special? He was special, damn.
Speaker 1: And we got we got, we got robbed of greatness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you did, you did, because think about it, he's gonna take some of that lifting off of Larry.
Speaker 3: So you had him, Larry Michel Parrish DJ Lenny was special.
Speaker 2: Johns Daniel said, how should a regular fan approach y'all in public for pictures?
Speaker 3: Et cetera? Hey man, how you doing? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Man? I love your show? Man, I love you and old show together. Man, y'all be doing? Hey man? Can I grab this picture?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 3: This this is the way. Don't do it? Hey man, I gotta get this picture. No, Hey, you like the show?
Speaker 2: You watch unkin o'hoe, you love Nightcap occasionally you catch up? I love a club Shay Shade.
Speaker 3: Can I call you?
Speaker 5: Ma?
Speaker 3: Can I get a picture?
Speaker 1: Come on, bro, listen, I don't care how you approached me.
Speaker 3: I don't go you know what, Oh cupcake, Mama been a while. Good evening, guys.
Speaker 2: My nephew, Kayton Turner, a senior at Summerville High, signed with Figler Flagler College today for track and field.
Speaker 3: Please give him a shout out and some encouraging words.
Speaker 2: Kayden, Congratulations, Broke going to college track scholarship. Work hard, bro, Congratulations, You've earned this. And guess what, your parents don't have to pay for college and you ain't got to get a job to pay for college. That's always the best. Do your best, bro, Do the absolute best. That's all you could ask. That's all you can ask for yourself. Give it your absolute best.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Congratulations man, and just remember one thing, no matter how hard you work, no matter.
Speaker 1: What you do, you'll never be able to beat me running.
Speaker 3: Oh Lord, have mercy, Oh chuck.
Speaker 2: If boy Mercer said, Hey, guys, want to ask for a shout out for my wife, Ashley as she gave birth to my daughter Ariel two months ago. Mom and babe are doing well, ash Ashley got I already game with that already the slashed the lee off Ashley. Congratulations, glad, new mom all right, y'all, you're doing well. Bond, appreciate you watching, man, appreciate your support. Hopefully you'll get mom and baby watching when they're older, when she the baby is old enough, Hopefully you and mom y'all watch us like uncin Ocho. But congratulations, glad, everybody's healthy, everybody's doing well. Thank you for the Nightcap crew, Unky Ocho. That concludes this episode of Nightcap. The Indiana Pacers dispense of the number one seed Cleveland Cavaliers by the score of one fourteen to one oh five, and they take the series four games to one. Okay, see moves a step closer. They up now three to two, one twelve to one oh five with aim six. On Thursday End Denver, they try to close it out and then wait for the winner of Golden State, which we'll know tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Golden State and the Minnesota timber Woods.
Speaker 2: I am your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp, my partner and co hosts Living the city's own Bengal Ring of Fame, Artery Rock Runner Extraordinary.
Speaker 3: Of the Pro Bowler, All Pro. His name is in the stadium at the Bengal Stadium.
Speaker 2: That's Chad O Chosenko Johnson We want to thank metal World Peace for stopping by give us a few moments of his time. He was catching a connecting fight flight and he wasn't able to stay any longer with him, but we'll have him back at a later day and time.
Speaker 3: But thank you Meta for joining us. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit the light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 3: Every subscriber counts.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys for counting, Thank you guys for mattering, and thank you for allowing us to matter to you. Because thanks to you you, we're able to do what we do. We can't thank you enough. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock now. If you can't find it in a city or a state near you, order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door. The best tasting premium Vsop Kangyak on the market. Please drink responsible and stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of its platforms, Shay Shaped Media and my clothing Company eighty four with a link pin in the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone. So please grab yours wild supplies.
Speaker 3: Last.
Speaker 2: Tickets for our Not Safe for Work Tour are on sale. Eight stop goes as follows Baltimore, Philly, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Miami, NYC, Chicago, and Detroit. Tickets can be found at shashapedmedia dot com, slash tour that's shayshapmedia dot.
Speaker 3: Com slash tour go.
Speaker 2: Get your tickets now and catch your favorite up and Oho, I'm up, he's ocho.
Speaker 3: We will see you tomorrow night. Thank you guys for joining us,