Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys Act. Now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: Did I have a request last ye Yes?
Speaker 3: You did?
Speaker 2: Did I have a request last night?
Speaker 3: You demanded?
Speaker 4: Everson did? Everson echoed? My request last night was a demand producer supreme not look at the group tak there you go.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna run this sideline. There's a special service.
Speaker 4: It was victory Monday.
Speaker 3: We ran the Seahawks.
Speaker 5: No, no, it was a Dallas kid who did it for his hometown. Z Jackson Smith in Jigma, the former LENDR Award winner from rock Wall High School, with a twenty nine yard catch with twenty eight seconds left. And that put Buffalo in our rearview mirror.
Speaker 6: And you guys have buried the lead because we should have ran the University of Missouri fight song.
Speaker 4: Drew lock Oh, Drew lock be.
Speaker 6: Ninety two yards, ninety two yard drive a minute, twenty.
Speaker 3: Four best passes for that drive. That's right.
Speaker 6: That was five of ten twenty nine yard touchdown pass.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: He ain't from Dallas, is he?
Speaker 6: He's from Kansas City?
Speaker 2: Oh well it was the Dallas kid.
Speaker 4: He did it for his hometown t university.
Speaker 6: There you go, another Missouri quarterback starring in the NFL, and here we are back in first place. A lot of people eating words today.
Speaker 7: I'm sure, I'm sure, but that they're they're they're eating it quietly.
Speaker 6: They should have just said, well, see, you should kick yourself in the butt because if you won, you'd be in their first place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the driver's sea.
Speaker 3: I talk too much.
Speaker 4: You'd have destiny in your own hands.
Speaker 6: That's right. And the other thing is is, you know, Philadelphia is having trouble getting quality wins on the road. They can't win on the road. Three three, three or four losses on the road, and now they've lost three straight games.
Speaker 4: I've got my Kelly Green on today.
Speaker 7: But Kelly Green, but we can't play the Missouri fights. That's right, that's not fair, bro Id, never have Green on too.
Speaker 2: How does Missouri fights on go?
Speaker 6: You better learn because they're.
Speaker 2: How does the song.
Speaker 6: Does?
Speaker 4: In fact, I voiced a promo wait, I voiced a promo yesterday for the Cotton Bowl and it said that the Missouri bands playing it for forty on game days d the Plaza and the Ohio State Man. And as I'm reading it, I'm going, I don't even know what the Missouri much.
Speaker 6: You know why because we have more words than two boomer and sooner sooner boomer, super boomer, sooner boomer. That's all they could come on.
Speaker 2: That's that's all we need to say that I continue, thats got.
Speaker 3: More sounds like Christmas tree.
Speaker 4: Yeah, remember the rest of the word.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, it's only two rock.
Speaker 4: Okay, you there it is wow and Savannah. Where were you when Jackson Smith and jigback that will forever be known as the Jackson Smith and Jigba game.
Speaker 3: That's a good thing there you go.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I have a great story here.
Speaker 2: Where were you last night?
Speaker 8: I was at the Dallas Stars game?
Speaker 4: Was yet?
Speaker 8: Were you there?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 8: Oh you didn't let me know?
Speaker 6: Yes, I forgot about it.
Speaker 8: I want to put you on the jumbo tron.
Speaker 6: Right, No, I don't. I don't need to get boom boots.
Speaker 2: Can you.
Speaker 3: Eat some food?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 10: Uh naturally after the game is over, Stars won in overtime, last night.
Speaker 8: By the way, I have to go.
Speaker 10: Up to the very top of the parking garage where my car is parked, and it takes about twenty five to thirty minutes.
Speaker 8: Then sat they're parking. It's in one of the garages.
Speaker 10: You're parked waiting for all the cars to just circle out of there. So I'm watching the fourth quarter, fourth quarter of this game on my phone in my car. Cars and park in a line, just waiting. I'm screaming at the top of my lungs.
Speaker 8: Makes it the time?
Speaker 4: Did you hank your horn?
Speaker 10: But I'm screaming in the car, and I'm like, I'm sure there's people looking at me right now, like this girl, what is she doing in her car?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 7: When you got the Drew lot. Unbelievable, right is that when you say that's.
Speaker 8: When I texted it.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, I only had to wait five minutes for the train.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, now I've been to that that parking lot. It's stupid.
Speaker 4: Well the employees, it's the employee parking is on the top level.
Speaker 2: Yes, when I.
Speaker 7: Gave me a hookup on the on the parking pass and I was stuck in there trying to out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it takes a little bit of the traffic.
Speaker 4: If you got enough money, Like if you're doing a live shot at six thirty handed, guy ten or twenty dollars and give you a parking spot down there.
Speaker 3: Fire. You just got someone fired at the park.
Speaker 6: They had her for those shows, going to be go Miszoo.
Speaker 3: I was in a great position. I was at my sister's house.
Speaker 7: We were celebrating the annual Christmas dinner at her house, and her best friend is a Philly fan, and he had his whole family over there, and boy, you let him have it.
Speaker 3: So much fun, so much fun. I tweeted out.
Speaker 7: I told him what I was going to tweet out before I tweet as I tweeted it.
Speaker 3: It was too much fun.
Speaker 4: So, Mickey, you were at the Stars game, and so you may not have seen one of the critical calls or plays in that Eagles Seahawks game.
Speaker 6: In the most half or the second half.
Speaker 2: It was in the first half.
Speaker 6: I probably didn't see that. I saw the entire second half.
Speaker 4: We might have gotten to the bottom of this tush.
Speaker 6: Push a little bit. Oh, they came very close to jumping over the top and horse collaring him.
Speaker 4: There's another little trick to the tush push we discovered last night, which you said that, no, what did you see the penalty they called called a false start on Jason Kelsey. Okay, uh, and well there hasn't been There wasn't It did not appear that he bobbed his head. Apparently a memo went out to all the teams that they were going to crack down on off sides Gadarius Tony uh and on head bobs by the center whatever. Okay, all right, So Eagles are down on the goal line five yard line or they're on the Yeah, it was a it was a fourth and one at the five yard line, so they get in position for the tush bush. Kelsey comes up to the line of scrimmage and his feet are like within a couple of inches of the ball. Okay, he grabs the ball and he reaches it out like another half yard downfield, and the the line judge did not call a false start at that point. It was another second or so before he whistles a like it was a.
Speaker 2: Head bob foul.
Speaker 4: They went back and looked at it didn't look like a head bob and the official that was in the booth on the ESPN broadcast after they went to commercial, said, here's what he did on that. He moved the ball forward like a half yard. I saw it on the replay as they were going to commercial. If I said, wait a second, he just moved the ball forward a half yard. And so anyway, the official in the booth said, that's why they called the penalty. I'm I'm not sure that's why they called it because of the delay between when the official made the call whistled it, and but anyway, I went back and looked on that earlier on the drive they did a toushbush earlier and Kelsey did not do that. But I mean, it was a would have been a decided advantage on that the play been run. Could be a little something that they're doing on.
Speaker 6: That jump over the top like Bobby Wagner did Horse College.
Speaker 7: To get on the top, you gotta get some leverage on you got no, you have to get your feet on the ground and grab because otherwise you just wave, yeah, grab.
Speaker 3: Wave, you're just holding onto his well.
Speaker 6: They finally called the left tackle for a false start. What little I watched in the first half, he was false starting the whole time, and they.
Speaker 4: Finally caught on.
Speaker 6: Regular plays and and this violent stab with the arm to let the quarter of the center know it's time to snap it. It's one thing to do this, but they do this.
Speaker 4: And it's like, why is that not a false start?
Speaker 6: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: But they did come with another play, which I thought they should they did.
Speaker 2: They handed it off.
Speaker 7: They should have said that. I would never have shown that before the playoffs.
Speaker 6: But see you made him hand off, and you made him block it right the other things. Nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 2: Low man wins on that right on the toush push.
Speaker 4: Supposedly all the time should just lay down.
Speaker 3: Well, you got to be a low man with puss with biggest down. They just run over you.
Speaker 4: You got sideways, get under him, get your biggest player on the team, biggest, fattest player, and lay them down to them of them, Yeah, so that they can't go under they go over, come in.
Speaker 3: And spe them. That was a That was a great game to watch.
Speaker 7: I love the competitive spirit of lock and you know, it just lets you know how good our offense can.
Speaker 3: Be because we put what did we put forty on them?
Speaker 6: Thirty three?
Speaker 3: Thirty three? And that was Philly yeah, yeah, I just let you know just how good.
Speaker 2: This is forty one Seattle.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So would you rather, as you look ahead to the playoffs, would you rather play on the road against the NFC South champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers or New Orleans Saints in the first round the wild card round of the playoffs, or would you rather play at home against the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 6: I don't want nothing to do with the Seahawks.
Speaker 7: I'm always playing at home. Yeah, that's I mean, because that's what we're strong.
Speaker 4: And you just had a game against Seattle, which was a very tight game, Donnybrook.
Speaker 6: We came back in the game, however, But New Orleans, New Orleans and Tampa have nothing in common with the Cowboys, who they lost three of their four road.
Speaker 4: Games, right right, It's more like playing Carolina.
Speaker 6: And just look at the Eagles, right, Oh, they won all these games. All You went on the road and you lost three straight the teams with winning record.
Speaker 3: But want home.
Speaker 6: And they were within two plays in the other two games of having lost five straight.
Speaker 4: And that's a very short sighted view of the playoffs because it's about what happens after the wild card round and being able to play at home in the divisional round.
Speaker 2: That is where you want to be, which is why you want to win this division.
Speaker 6: And right now, the only thing that separates these two teams are way it will look going forward is the fifth playoff type breaker strength of victory. Because they are way ahead of the Cowboys on strength of victory. I figured out they've.
Speaker 4: Got okay, explain the Okay, it's head to head even division division record.
Speaker 6: Have both went out there even NFC not NFC, the common opponents there they will be even, okay, and then NFC.
Speaker 4: You don't get cost on the Arizona game on the common opponent.
Speaker 6: Because they get caught. They get caught on.
Speaker 4: The Jets, the Jets so and on the common opponents. Basically for everyone, it's basically our fourteen games that every team has common opponents with the same team.
Speaker 2: In your division, right the games against your division.
Speaker 6: Right now, the Cowboys at uncommon opponents are eight and four with two games left. They're seven and four with three games.
Speaker 4: Left, so it's going to be even if they went out whatever. But the common opponents for every team in the league, it's the teams in your division, teams against whatever other conference division you played against. In this case for the Cowboys and the Eagles, it's the NFC West and it's the AFC East game, So it's just three games that aren't common.
Speaker 6: Oppon tiebreaker would be strength of victory. They've got four wins against seven and seven teams right now, They've got two wins against ten and four teams and an win against nine to five and eight and six. The Cowboys only have two wins against seven and seven teams and one win against ten and four. Now they've got three games left and two against teams with winning record, which would help them out, but I see no way they can.
Speaker 4: In The Eagles last games against two against the Giants in morning against Arizona does not help them now strength to schedule wise, but it's not enough to make up the difference.
Speaker 3: They're going to lose one. The Giants are gonna win one of those games.
Speaker 8: I was about to say, Tommy, and you.
Speaker 7: Know it's it's only based this on what all coaches always.
Speaker 3: Fear, and I know you know where I'm going.
Speaker 7: SPACs coaches just don't like playing the same opponent that close, that close together. People fuss at me all the time. They tell me I'm crazy. I truly believe when we played against Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Eighty two maybe three, I can't recall.
Speaker 7: If we would have won that game, we will have had to play Minnesota again here at home. That was the game the door set with ninety.
Speaker 3: Nine yards Tom Landry, I'm sorry, guys. He was not trying to win that game. He was not trying to Why he left there? Oh no, that was on Springs. That was on Springs.
Speaker 7: It did seem like it, right, But I you know, I know this is some taboo subject, but coaches are not happy about trying to play the same team, not just two weeks ago, not even two out of three weeks in a row. And I do believe it's going to come out that the Giants are going to come out with one of these games because of the close proximity of those two contexts.
Speaker 6: Well, if that happens, we will start the show with the who's Tommy there?
Speaker 7: We go?
Speaker 6: I like that?
Speaker 10: So, but Eagles are at home on Christmas Day against the Giants, right, and then they play the Giants January seventh in New York.
Speaker 4: So game you gotta take a bus, right bush ride go stay with a fact they just got back from Seattle.
Speaker 2: They just got off the plane from Seattle, and that might be the last plane ride they take.
Speaker 9: This year because they're playing Arizona's at home too, So the next two are at home, the next Giants in Arizona at home, and then they go up the turnpike to the Metal Ends to play.
Speaker 2: The Giants in the last game. And then I mean, let's.
Speaker 4: Say they win the last three, as Mickey has pointed out, they've got the tiebreaker, then they'd be playing maybe Seattle at home, and their season will be over because they can't beat Pete Carroll.
Speaker 2: Right, they have never been.
Speaker 10: Eight eight no, right Seattle, Yeah, Seattle against the Eagles, and Hertz was.
Speaker 6: Zero and three going into the game.
Speaker 4: That makes you and for all right, we're just getting started on this edition of Mixed Shots on a victory Tuesday here in the SWBC Mortgage studio.
Speaker 11: When we come back, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped.
Speaker 6: He'll look for a perch down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust with blockchain dot com. I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 12: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing, ice cooled kola a journey to footopia.
Speaker 8: Burgers better with pepsi's, That's what I like.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 14: Did you know that're responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, demed shots.
Speaker 10: K post Roofing and Waterproofing the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: We need to send that to Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Still smarting from that trip to Buffalo.
Speaker 6: Well just just ridiculous. But it didn't at least a canopy even yeah, yeah, or yeah, at least kind of like Seattle. You covered the fans if nothing else.
Speaker 8: Was the press box cold like you talked about?
Speaker 3: It was cold.
Speaker 6: As a matter of fact, I had to put us.
Speaker 2: It only the Cowboys side box.
Speaker 6: That's Philadelphia. I actually I usually take my my my suit jacket off and I should have had a sweater because I had to put it back on. There wasn't a lot of heat in it.
Speaker 4: M M. Well, Everson, we missed you yesterday, so we need to get your take on what happened, what you saw on Sunday. I missed an opportunity to go with my family on the Polar Express in grape Vine on the Sunday afternoon, which I would have much rather done, and sat there.
Speaker 2: And watched what I watched the Sunday.
Speaker 3: But you probably could have joined them after the first quarter. Huh, that's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I texted to you guys that this game was over by second quarter, was already over.
Speaker 3: I had already given up on the guys.
Speaker 7: One thing that we saw was the worst case scenario. I don't know how much the illnesses and all of that have to do with it, you know, Nate K. Newton always says we have built in excuses around here for when.
Speaker 3: Just in case we lose.
Speaker 7: We were worried about the coach going to the hospital. That has a good excuse for us to lose that game. If we would have and this one is the stomach flew right?
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 3: I mean, was it that bad? I said, like ten players had stomach flow right planed? Yeah, yeah, well does that matter? They were doing well.
Speaker 4: Hurts was sick too, and he didn't win either, So there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he still played, okay, play better than we played. I'll put it that way. I guess when you look at this.
Speaker 7: First of all, I tried to play with the head cold one time and I found out I'm not Michael Jordan because I did.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even finish the damn game. So I don't know how the hell he did what he did.
Speaker 7: But I've had those those that illness during the game could have a lot to do with how they played. I don't know, but I will say this. The problem the mistakes that we make at home, they don't go on the road against the good team. You can't have the penalties. Okay, you can't have the drop passes or or misplays.
Speaker 3: You can't have any of that.
Speaker 7: When you're on the road against the team that's running the ball. It's everything switches. Now, we were the team that you have to catch up too, and when we're on the road, especially and we're not stopping the run. Now, we're playing catch up because because we never get the ball, and even if we do, it's a lot of pressure on us to make every third down, a lot of pressure to make make first down count, to make every run and play count. And when it doesn't count, when you don't make that count, all you're looking at is an evening of futility because at that point we couldn't do anything. The game plan didn't work. Confidence was not there. You know so many things that go in your favorite when you're at home.
Speaker 3: It don't work like that on the road.
Speaker 7: You know you're not gonna get the same breaks, you don't have the same comfort zone that you would have when you're on the road. This team needs to be better at not beating themselves. And that's what I saw, besides the fact that we never made one adjustment to the running game, and if we tried to make it, it was feutile because.
Speaker 3: Nothing worked from the first quarter to the fourth quarter.
Speaker 6: Two hundred and sixty sixty.
Speaker 3: Give me the stats on that they came up.
Speaker 7: They said something about that's the most yard since what twenty seventeen or some crap like that. Well, what they talk about against Buffalo, a good Cowboy.
Speaker 8: I don't know how many yards then gave up.
Speaker 6: Well, they gave up two seventy three and twenty eighteen playoff to the Rams.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, well by regular season I think they went back to team the team.
Speaker 4: Well, we looked at it yesterday and it doesn't really count because it was the COVID year and the Cowboys had a bad season, bad team, bad defense.
Speaker 6: Mike Nolan, somebody ran the job after was it Baltimore?
Speaker 2: Cleveland had three Cleveland?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So what's the excuse for this year? There's no pandemic, doesn't well, we.
Speaker 8: Just didn't ask me happened in The first excuse.
Speaker 6: Was poor tackling.
Speaker 3: They couldn't get off their blocks.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: Forget the tackling.
Speaker 6: They couldn't get off of their block and they couldn't protect the edges.
Speaker 10: Is there anything notable, dan Quinn said yesterday in the press conference asked about the defense.
Speaker 6: I mean he kept talking about poor tackling, but that's not that see, and that was the reason for the loss to Arizona. And they gave up two hundred and twenty two yards, And to me, it looked like that they figured out how to attack the Cowboys defense, and I thought Buffalo did the same thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know. We do better in certain games, but once again, you can't.
Speaker 7: If you don't get off the blocks, then the running back can sit back there and pick his spots, which is exactly.
Speaker 3: What they did the entire freaking game. I don't know.
Speaker 7: God, somebody used to do that Bell from Pittsburgh Le'Veon Bell. That's the way he used to run the ball because his linemen were blocking. He's a great runner, but when you have blocking like that where you can take your time pick your spots, yeah, it makes you a better runner. So if you get off the blocks, then he has to make a move before he wants to. We sat back and let them dictate, well he was going to run the ball and how long how.
Speaker 3: Far he was going to run it.
Speaker 6: We turned James Cook into a pro bowler.
Speaker 3: I mean, we knew it was coming. We all talked about it.
Speaker 7: We knew that Brady was going to use him more, which is the reason that they have a little bit more success.
Speaker 4: But dang, their offensive line is healthy. The only offensive line in the league that has not missed a start in their offensive.
Speaker 3: We brought that up.
Speaker 6: But the one stat they threw out was his yards from scrimmage. It was the most since nineteen ninety one Herman Thomas for the Bills.
Speaker 3: Wow, we talked about making history. Man, we made history. We made history. I was still playing, dude.
Speaker 6: And he only caught two passes, by the way, oh man, but one.
Speaker 4: For a touchdown forty two yards through the air.
Speaker 3: And see this is this is a pattern for us. Were on the road, we can't stop the run.
Speaker 7: And sometimes even when we're at home, you know, there are certain times when the chains moved when they should move.
Speaker 3: So here we are. I called you called it about the offensive line. You know, you called it about something.
Speaker 7: I know when I called it, it was all about, uh, you know, can can we stop these guys from continuous drives? Can we stop them from holding onto the ball as long as they did on the road?
Speaker 3: And we couldn't.
Speaker 6: And the deficiency on defense kind of clouded the big deficiency on offense. Yes, because they really only scored three points.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, right by the way touchdown at the end.
Speaker 4: It was garbage time, right, and the backups in the game.
Speaker 6: But yeah, and they you know, everybody was talking about well, they kind of ran the ball. Well, No, twenty five of their eighty nine yards were on that last drive running the ball so offensively. They got beat up front. Two.
Speaker 7: You can't protect dak uh and and that's been a problem even with pretty good games that we've.
Speaker 6: Had, yes and so, and there was a lot of times where you know, he had to make a split decision because he didn't have time. And that's why all those passes kind of get broken up because he's trying to fit.
Speaker 3: Them separation exactly, no separation by our wide receivers and their dbs are not that good.
Speaker 7: So either the pressure was causing you know, us not to have enough time to throw the ball to get them enough time to be open, or you know, sometimes men, these guys just shut it down on the outside.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 6: And the problem is when you're when you're not able to run the ball against two safeties high, well, then now you've got some problems because they don't have to compensate.
Speaker 3: They don't extra. They played the same way the entire time, stay back.
Speaker 6: They just stayed and they only got beat once deep and he just missed him by what a yacht or two. Yeah, Yeah, it was like well, he's got to hit that wall. Okay, how many times when you throw the ball fifty yards.
Speaker 3: In the area which completely its going to be a dime. It'd be nice if it was.
Speaker 4: It was right there, he's just a little bit more.
Speaker 6: And by the way, it was with the wind too, by the way, and I think they listed the wind before the game. They didn't forty eight. Oh, it was nine miles an hour, but the gusts were twenty three, right, I remember, right in that town. But they wanted to win instead of the ball to start the game.
Speaker 8: Should have taken which doesn't make sense.
Speaker 6: At least McCarthy answered that question yesterday. He said that, he said, yeah, he goes. When I got there, you know, there wasn't very much wind, and then when we were warming up, I noticed the wind and I thought the wind was more important. So as it turned out, though, they drove into the win and scored, but they ran the football.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that was our concerns. They all came out. All of our concerns came out in the game.
Speaker 8: It really did.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, Jerry said on the fan today when asked about the poor tackling against.
Speaker 8: Buffalo, he said, the good news is I would say that this.
Speaker 10: Is correctable from week to week. We have the talent we can specifically address what beat us in Buffalo for this week's game in Miami.
Speaker 3: So we just don't make adjustments doing the game anymore.
Speaker 8: That's what is the best necessary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just come on. I mean, it looked the same from play one to play sixty.
Speaker 7: It just looked exactly the same. That's just not the way you want when Okay, we made the playoffs. We knew we made the playoffs before the game. Tell me that wasn't the reason for I don't think and see I was I was hoping that they would be tell me this, if.
Speaker 6: You were playing and there were all these scenarios, the.
Speaker 15: Fourteen of them, you would know what those were before the game with four games left in the seat they're going to make they knew they were making the playoffs, whether that day or.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to give them, was three scenarios that had to happen to get them in.
Speaker 3: And it's none they didn't know.
Speaker 6: They didn't watching what the scores were. There's no way somebody said, oh, they had got notifications on their phone. I guarantee, and they might have.
Speaker 8: Given minutes before kickoff everyone found out.
Speaker 3: Yeah they were they were warm. We're good, I'm good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be surprised if half the players on the team already thought they were in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Right, well, that so they might think that way.
Speaker 2: Everybody talking, oh wait, this is this is a playoff game. I thought this was the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean they might have known won the game.
Speaker 2: A few years ago.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it's just disappointing. I want to see a little bit more maturity, that's all. Just more maturity at least go in and I watched you know, we had a chance to watch all the games, uh before that, and you saw some teams that showed a lot of guts in certain situations, and we did not show that at all. We went back to status quote, we went back to Arizona, and I know the weather is different and all of that, the weather did not make that much of a difference.
Speaker 3: By the time we fell behind. It didn't really start raining until maybe ended.
Speaker 2: Until it was time for us to come back after it was fourteen. Nothing.
Speaker 6: Now it starts. As I pointed out yesterday, it didn't matter where they played that game, they would have got beaten and the weather had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 4: All right, mister penalty himself. Ever, some walls will sound off on the Cowboys penalties this week when we come back here on mix shots.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 6: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 16: What a pairing can Crack's a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes.
Speaker 6: Followed by Monday morning swag brisket and the Smoker.
Speaker 16: Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest spool. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miliberal Company fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 14: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 3: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 12: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 8: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 12: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of ol tessy finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I likes.
Speaker 10: The twenty twenty four NFL Pro Bowl Games are taking over Orlando, and the roster is up to you.
Speaker 8: Cast your ballot for the twenty twenty four Pro Bowl games.
Speaker 10: Vote and send your favorite Cowboys players to compete in the Ultimate AFC Versus NFC Showdown this February.
Speaker 8: Vote now at Dallas Cowboys dot com slash vote.
Speaker 2: The teams aren't voting for the Pro Bowl this week, or are they? Cowboys don't want them to vote this week.
Speaker 4: Wait until next week, the twenty ninth. That's when the voting the team, the players. The players vote, okay, so they're they're good this week.
Speaker 8: So they vote fan voting this week.
Speaker 2: Don't you know that?
Speaker 4: Players, they get their coming back to work and they've seen two days that the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Getting drilled by the Bills.
Speaker 4: I'm not voting for any Cowboys can't do anything way you've done all season long.
Speaker 6: And Zach Martin didn't even play, yeah, ever since.
Speaker 2: I guess what do you think of those penalties?
Speaker 3: I didn't like him.
Speaker 2: I knew you didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't like him at all. It was too you know, they were all, you know, kind of opportune. The elbow to the chest.
Speaker 6: And the flop you beat on the uh launch when stopped on.
Speaker 3: On Josh right, but it was on Josh yeah.
Speaker 4: And he's immediately pointing to his face like her, and.
Speaker 6: He didn't get he did not get hitting.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, you know, if you're a referee, then you're supposed to be looking at the place or whatever. He whatever he fakes, you know, who cares?
Speaker 3: I thought that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was one of the toughest penalties right there, because he kept the play going.
Speaker 4: Third, third down, play plate past it would have been four down. They're kicking a field the first, first.
Speaker 7: Possession, first possession, and it started off going downhill from there.
Speaker 6: Okay, how about the since you're a dB curses hit.
Speaker 7: I don't think that was a bad hit at all. I don't I saw, you know, trying to finally trying to make a play. You know, well, yeah, let me stop that. Because they played well last week. They turned everything around last week. But you know, when you always when you're always guessing and reacting, then things like that are going to happen.
Speaker 3: You just have to anticipate better. You have to anticipate better. That was a second.
Speaker 2: It was an incomplete pass.
Speaker 4: So they're facing third and nineteen and they might have run twenty yards.
Speaker 7: For first yet, but at least the odds with you, right, and you know, not only did it it take the wind out of our sales as fans. It took the wind out of theirs, you know, because now you got to know the mentality now is you know, now our backs against the wall.
Speaker 4: And they were already down fourteen to three and they were out there twenty one.
Speaker 3: You're feeling desperate. Now you're playing desperate.
Speaker 6: And that was the same possession as the missed fumble recovery.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm glad you brought that up, Savannah.
Speaker 8: We talked about this yesterday.
Speaker 7: It was just if I'm a player, if I if I knocked that ball out, I'm going to go to the coach and I'm going to say, coach, I did that.
Speaker 3: I did that. Coach right now, I would call a time out.
Speaker 7: If I'm the player, I would call a timeout, okay, and say coach, I mean it's one time out in.
Speaker 3: The first half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first half time out, first.
Speaker 3: Half time out.
Speaker 7: I would have called the time out because I know that they're waiting to see what's coming upstairs.
Speaker 3: I know they was the to the line. I'm calling timeout. Coach, I did that.
Speaker 10: We talked about how Stefan Diggs yesterday was the one signal when I said could I go so they could snap the ball and get onto the next PI.
Speaker 4: I didn't really see it when it happened the way, but when I saw Stefan, when I saw the they had a tight shot of Stephan Diggs lining up and he is he is motioning to his coaches, hurry up, hurry up.
Speaker 2: When I saw that, I said, throw the flags.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. It's in the first half.
Speaker 6: And macarthy was trying to explain it that it happened on their sideline. Again, it happened. They're looking at Diggs's back, so they don't see what happened.
Speaker 7: That's why the player, the defensive the one that made the play, that knows what he did.
Speaker 4: That's why he's there a couple of players involved in it, the Cowboys, and.
Speaker 2: He had the ball.
Speaker 4: Bell.
Speaker 7: If I'm bail and see he's young, he try probably doesn't know, man, this is this is the time that I need to do something as an individual, as a leader.
Speaker 3: Boom time out, coach. I did that.
Speaker 7: I made that play. I knocked that ball out challenging. You know, it's not like in the NBA, were they're always doing this. No, this is a legitimate play because I made the play. You know, I don't have to question it. I know that I made that play.
Speaker 6: Fourteen to three is a lot different than twenty one to three.
Speaker 2: It is, it is, and you're getting the ball a midfield basically.
Speaker 6: But it was things like that, and then the Sam Williams how he how he missed that ball.
Speaker 16: But I thought.
Speaker 6: Fossil did a good job of explaining and basically said he had sent him some films technique that when you go to block, you don't go high because the ball is going to go higher. You got to go low off the foot. Yeah, right, and he I think and he said, and he probably was startled that he was so wide open.
Speaker 3: Right, because he was up in there.
Speaker 6: He's like, oh, and evidently what happened is he was on from the defensive standpoint. He was on the deep snappers right, and it said and he said that when the deep snapper put his head down, he shifted to the left, and he didn't see that he shifted, and that's why he came wide open.
Speaker 7: You know, games like this, and as a player, and you got to see it as fans and even being involved in sports as kids, you just there are certain games where you just play differently because you feel different. You don't feel that comfort zone when you're when you're at at and T Stadium, the comfort zone is there. The way you react is more natural when you're away from home and you have this discomfort, you don't have that sense of self so to speak. You know, you're not aware, you're not so self aware of what's going on. You can't you know, you don't have the confidence that you're going to make the play. You don't have a positive outlook about the play itself. So when he gets there, if he's in at and T Stadium, he's going to do it exactly what coach taught him to do.
Speaker 8: On edge on the road.
Speaker 3: It's just different. It's up here. It's up here.
Speaker 6: So to give you an example, when we got to the stadium on the early bus and I go usually all the time, and I go out on the field and check it out, and I was like, oh, artificial turf, this's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, the only other person that was out there on the field with me was Brandon Aubrey, and he was walking around seeing like where the extra point was going to be kicked from, just kind of tapping the ground seeing what it was like, and then he moved to different spots and then he was staring straight ahead, and I think what he was looking at is what am I kicking at? Like, what's the background you're going to look like? And he went through and then he went to the other side, and he was going through all that routine to familiarize himself with the surroundings. Yeah, and I thought, Okay, this guy is never kicked in the league, but he's got a pretty good foresight of things he needs.
Speaker 8: To do right thirty one for thirty one hallelujah.
Speaker 6: Now as opposed to that, during that playoff game last year on that lumpy field in Tampa, Brett Meyer did the same thing. But I think it spooked him because he knew, oh, this stuff is not level.
Speaker 3: Thank god we didn't need him that game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: And so but it's it's just human nature, guys.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: It's just like eating in someone else's house.
Speaker 6: So the bottom line is comfortable for this week is once again you get reminded don't come to long conclusions on one game or one scenario because you're sitting there going, Okay, that's it. The Cowboys are over. They're a wild card team. And then twenty four hours later, Oh they're back in first place. You just can't judge in this league. It's week to week game. The game can't come to these conclusions all the time.
Speaker 8: What would you say ever since?
Speaker 10: Is the mentality that they need to have going into this week in preparation for Miami, especially coming off.
Speaker 11: Of what.
Speaker 3: Urgency?
Speaker 7: Just urgency, and I don't mean overreaction, you know, but just play like you're at home. Play with that same intensity and positivity though you know, we're not just going in there urgent saying, man, I hope this works out because we're desperate now. No, just go in with the confidence that you've always had. You're still the same team that beat Philly at home. Just because it's at home, that doesn't it's not at home. That doesn't mean that you still can't play the same way they play on grass.
Speaker 3: Field, just like we play on grass field.
Speaker 7: If I'm a defensive back and I'm going into Miami, the best thing I'm loving about this this grass is going to slow these fools down. And I got a chance to think, you know, this grass will slow them down. Now, yes, we're going to be slowed down as well, but defensively, I'm not worried about Tyreek Hill a while of running by me as.
Speaker 3: Quickly as if it would be on turf.
Speaker 7: So you have to have more poise on regular grass than you have on astro turf because astro turf is going to speed it up, but now it slows it down in Miami.
Speaker 3: So here's your up here. Now you have a chance to look at that man and you can decipher what he's going to do quicker.
Speaker 6: So I took a quick look at some stats heading into this Miami game. The Dolphins are number one in points scored. The Cowboys are number two. The Cowboys are number two and point points per game differential and Miami's number four, So their stats going into this game with that team are very very similar. When you look at total offense, the Cowboys are sixth, Miami is number one, by the way, and number one in passing offense. The Cowboys are sixth and they're sixth in passing offense. So we're looking at two teams from a statistical standpoint, they're pretty darn close. Ceedee Lamb Tyreek Hill. They're either one two or two three in all the stats, and the receiving part of it, so very similar. From a statistical standpoint.
Speaker 7: Going into this game, we got we have to go in with We just have to go in as the alpha dog, and we don't do that very well on the road. We have to go in as if we're not worried about what they're doing. We're gonna do what we do, and we're gonna do it well whatever they and whatever plays they make on us. We have to be ready to overcome. And they tried to do that in Buffalo. They just didn't do a good job of it. This game is gonna move so fast. They're gonna be up and down this field, at least trying to throw the ball up and down this field, So we need to match their energy and exceed it.
Speaker 6: Hopefully doesn't go as fast as that game did Sunday, It was only two hours and forty three minutes.
Speaker 7: Well, the ball's got The clock's going to stop a lot in this one because they're passing the ball a lot, right, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: And as we wrap it up, the Cowboys have been down this road before in twenty eighteen. That game reminded me of the Indianapolis game, which was I'm looking it up now December sixteenth, twenty eighteen. Cowboys went into that game at Indianapolis riding a five game win streak. The last three games were at home and the last game was a win in overtime over Philadelphia at home. And then they go to Indianapolis and they laid the biggest egg. They got beat twenty three to nothing and gave up one hundred and seventy eight yards rushing to the Colts, and the Colts said, a similar record.
Speaker 2: What the Bills have right now?
Speaker 4: Okay they want and the Cowboys bounce back from that game, beat Tampa Bay, beat the Giants. The next two weeks, went into the playoffs, beat Seattle, and then they gave up two hundred and seventy three.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I was building confidence there, and then.
Speaker 6: Let's try this at least after the loss. They're not trying to win seven straight out because winning streaks in the NFL are difficult. With the Cowboys losing, now, San Francisco's got the longest act of winning streak at six, that's it's difficult. And and so maybe okay we were due.
Speaker 2: I don't know. So now go on another six game win streak.
Speaker 6: That's right, You know that where that'll put you in the super.
Speaker 2: Bowl and put you in Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Then you did.
Speaker 4: So you need to win seven in a row. You kept saying I got to win four in a row, right Philadelphia. I said no, they got to win five in a row, and they I short changed them. Now they got to win seven in a row. Okay, that's the goal.
Speaker 6: How about just one a row?
Speaker 3: Okay? All right?
Speaker 2: That does it for mixed shots.
Speaker 4: And we will shout at you again tomorrow at noon and.
Speaker 6: I'll take my coaching half off.
Speaker 3: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.