Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm Joy Taylor, a host of Speak on FS one, and you can check me out on the Bootleg keV podcast.
Speaker 3: Bootleg keV Podcast Special Guests here.
Speaker 4: You might see her on TV every day if you watch FS one. Joy Taylor, Welcome.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Of course, you're super dope. Happened. I've never watched you on TV for so long.
Speaker 4: Like I was like, like, I was just talking to my boy because we're big sports fans, and I told him you were coming on the show.
Speaker 3: He's like, yo, Joy's fire.
Speaker 4: Hi you Yeah, you've been a staple on television for you just said six it's been six years.
Speaker 1: I've been at Fox for seven years.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I just gets six and a.
Speaker 2: Half years because we launched Undisputed about six and a half years ago. Okay, six and a half years in September.
Speaker 3: So you were born in Pittsburgh, yes, but do you claim Miami?
Speaker 2: So this is how it breaks down. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, right, So I lived there until I was eighteen. Still have to on a family there, like you know, four and two forever obviously, right, But I went to school in Miami, So I kind of say I was like born and raised in Pittsburgh and then like became a woman in Miami, right, and then obviously now I'm in LA and I've been in LA for seven years, so La is like home now too.
Speaker 3: And then your brother's like a Dolphin's legend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Jason, Well, I had like gotten introduced to Miami obviously through my brothers and like growing up in Pittsburgh, not just like randomly hopping down to Miami, but yeah, like that's how I became aware with the the the area, right, and what made me want to end up going to school down there. So yeah, he played for Miami for thirteen years, legend in the NFL for fifteen years, and first ballot Hall of Famer.
Speaker 4: First ballot. You did you end up starting like your broadcast? I think I saw you started your broadcast career in Miami at a station out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I started in radio me too.
Speaker 3: I'm still on the radio every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love radio. I started in radio in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 4: I started in radio and five. So we're the same age. I just yeah, I saw you were born in eighty seven. I've been same age.
Speaker 1: So yeah eighties babies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I wanted to start in radio, so you will know this. Also, you know, shows and podcasts and YouTube shows and digital shows did not exist, of course, you know. I was in college when we were coming up in the business. If you wanted to be a personality, really radio was the way to go, especially if you wanted to talk and with sports. It was just around that time that the you know, first takes and call in show and all you know those PTI we're really starting to take off and the direction of the business was changing to more opinion shows than it was just a traditional sports center recap shows. That's because of phones, we were had more access to highlights, so.
Speaker 4: We could see all that if we wanted to on Facebook or Twitter, right, we don't.
Speaker 2: We don't have to wait for it for Sports Center, which you used to have to do. So it shifted the business. So I wanted to be able to talk. I wasn't really interested in being a reporter beat writer, and radio was a space to get into the give you that opportunity. So I started in sports radio at five sixty q AM in Miami. That was my first internship.
Speaker 4: Wow, interning is in radio for people who don't know, at least back then. I'm sure it's rough, because did you You probably didn't get paid anything. No, because back then I got paid nothing. No, you should just be happy to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was being paid and happy to be here. No, I mean I didn't. I did it for school credit.
Speaker 4: It's obviously, right, that's the cat get Yeah. I actually was not going to college, but I had to go to college to work at the radio station. So my college career only exists because I had to go to college to get credit to work at the radio station.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like we've evolved past all of that now, Yes, and the media role has expanded so much that that doesn't really exist. But at the time it was just really traditional media forms writing, you know, newspapers, radio, television.
Speaker 3: You're setting up tents and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean you got to do the promo stuff, you got to hand out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I go to the promo events, you know, get coffee, do the rundowns, whatever. But it actually got great experience interning. Not all internships are great, and it's the world of interning has completely changed since we were interurning, obviously, but I also got the intern for DJ Laz who was on Power ninety six Legeny Legend out DJ LAS. So my first internship was with Joe Rose at five sixty q AM, and that was a sports morning show. And then I was able to get an internship through constantly poking my head in bothering.
Speaker 3: Lass and Meta. That was when he was doing mornings AT's Power ninety six.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I got an internship there and worked past my school internship and you know, just did the internship for free whatever. But I got incredible experience and I really learned how to produce shows from working with Laz because sports and entertainment crossover so much. Sure, and we would obviously talk about the local teams, but obviously we're doing a morning show as well, so you got to, you know, see what the internet is talking about, you know, what's going on locally.
Speaker 1: Is there something in town.
Speaker 2: We'd always have music guests in, you know, act all kinds.
Speaker 4: Of difference, always like rappers want to be athletes and athletes want to be rappers.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean there's a lot of crossover in the culture, especially in Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean really everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's there's just a lot of crossover with culture and sports, right and it's it's really throughout all of society, though it's not even really with just with music. Sports are such a big part of our existence, and I think we really got a whole acknowledgement of that when we lost sports during the pandemic.
Speaker 4: I was I was gambling on South Korean baseball?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who wasn't we needed something live on TV.
Speaker 2: It really for me, it will always make me appreciate just being able to turn a game on during the regular season that we might be like, oh, it doesn't really matter. Just having that sense of normalcy taken away from you was really jarring. So, but sports are just a big part of our lives.
Speaker 3: What was it like for you because you guys were still doing TV? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So that I mean because there's like.
Speaker 4: Downtimes in the sports calendar where there's I want to say, there's like a patch that we're about to approach.
Speaker 1: We are very close to hers.
Speaker 4: And then all you got is baseball, which I'm not the hugest baseball fan. I don't know where you are on baseball, but I'm not very passionate about baseball.
Speaker 3: But it's like the dark times, it's like.
Speaker 4: Waiting for NFL, like Okay, what kind of nerdy shit is going on in the NFL that we can hear about. But I can only imagine during the pandemic, there's like nothing I would be listening to, like Bill Simmons and shit, and they would just be talking about the Michael Jordan that documentary.
Speaker 1: Yeah saved us.
Speaker 2: So Colin and I joke about it all the time because we didn't really take any time off and we did our regular show, which is five days a week, three hours a day.
Speaker 3: Every day during the pandemic pandemic with.
Speaker 1: No live sports.
Speaker 2: So luckily the timing of the shutdown for our show matched up with the ends of the NFL season. So THEFL season had gotten in, we got through the Super Bowl, and it was it was, you know, NFL off season. So even though the NBA shut down, we still had a lot of content going on with NFL off season because the NFL just moves forward with the idea that like, we're going to get through this and play the season.
Speaker 4: I think in that off season, DeAndre Hopkins got traded to my Cardinals for scrapped.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady moved by, It was a lot of Aaron Rodgers stuff. There was a bunch of Cam Newton News. So we just kind of I mean, we repeated a lot of topics, but we once we got to the doc that's really when we were like, we need something to talk about, right, It's.
Speaker 1: Like it's live.
Speaker 2: We also watched it like that, like everyone was so dying for sports content that we really and there were some reveals in it, for sure, but for them we were watching it like, oh my god, what's going to happen?
Speaker 1: Like the bulls go? When we really watched it like it was live.
Speaker 2: But it was a great experience in that sense, like there were some things that really kind of all brought us together as sports and that documentary.
Speaker 1: I mean, and I'd say this, it gave us content.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you okay being a part of Skip Bayless he leaves ESPN. Obviously, him and stephen A. Smith have this legendary show for all these years. Somehow the magic gets recreated, but in my opinion, much better. I think him and Shannon are. I just love them together more than I loved the stephen A thing. But you're there on day one because that that's a big I remember how big of a deal it was that Skip left, and it was just like, oh, there's something going on here, and you're kind of you're there, so like, what was it like early early when it comes to just seeing those two form their chemistry and just that whole entire time and sports media.
Speaker 2: It was a really incredible experience, especially to be the part of, like you said, a big story and launch. It's always cool to launch a show, but when you're launching a show with Hall of Famer and Shannon Sharp and Skip Bayless, like the Skip Bayless and everyone's watching to see what the chemistry is going to be like and how's it going to look, and you know, is it gonna work? Are they gonna get ratings? And it was It was really a wild thing to be a part of. We shot a bunch of commercials, there were all these promo shoots, and there's these billboards and you know, stories going on, and it was also the first time that we had done a show together, so that part of it also like behind the scenes, getting into the beats of a show as as structured as a debate show in that format is a whole other challenge to do because, as you know, because he did on that show, and you have to be able to balance what we're talking about is just about this and not personal, And then you have to move the show along and you're kind of like, well, I'm moving everything. So like we got to get to commercial break, like when do I jump in and cut him off so that he feels like he's had everything he had to say. So there's a lot of moving parts, but it was it was an amazing experience.
Speaker 1: We traveled a lot.
Speaker 2: We went to McGregor fight in New York. We were at the McGregor Mayweather fight, we were at the US Open, we were at the NBA Finals in Cleveland, the NBA Finals in Oakland, the super Bowl. So it was a really incredible, incredible launch and it was a great experience working with both of them. And I mean we had a lot of fun on that show.
Speaker 4: Is do you think Skip gets a bad rep sometimes because he genuinely, to me, comes off like a nice guy, like he's I just think that you know, he's so dug in on some of his.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's an opinionist. So I don't ever tell people how to how they should feel about anyone. I know what my experiences are with them. Skip's always been extremely generous with me, a great mentor. He's given me some great advice over the years. He's gives strong opinions and sometimes most of the time people are going to disagree with your opinion. That's what the opinion space is. So I don't really find that it's particularly unique to just Skip, because I've worked with Skip, and I've worked with Shannon, and I've worked with Colin, and I work with other opinionists now and I worked with big personalities in Miami. That's what you're doing if you're giving your opinion. The reality is most people aren't gonna like what you have to say. I mean, I deal with it now. I get my opinion every day. I know people aren't going to like what I have to say sometimes, and that's fine because that's what my opinion is.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I think my delivery is maybe a little cheek.
Speaker 2: Here that skiffs, but you know, that's that's his style, and he's he's okay with people disagreeing with him.
Speaker 4: Were you there the first time Shannon pulls out a goat mask on TV?
Speaker 2: I think it was yes, yes, because we actually ended up bringing in an actual goat into studio one time, so it had to have been after the goat mask because he was wearing the jersey the first time. I see He's worn it so many times I've lost track, but I think the first time he had a jersey on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and and then he had the goat masks and they had a goat mask.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then yes and then he.
Speaker 2: Because we brought an actual goat into the studio, like a real actual goat, so that had to have been after it.
Speaker 4: I just love like how he'll bring weed on the set and he'll be like, skip.
Speaker 3: This is I'm just like, this is.
Speaker 4: This is amazing, Like like if you would have told me like ten years ago that sharp Wood was.
Speaker 1: Going to be bringing some some tree on the side.
Speaker 3: Some tree and cognac on live TV.
Speaker 1: It's just we have a.
Speaker 2: Lot of ability to really dig into our personalities over there, which is fun.
Speaker 1: Like you can really you can really be yourself. And that's that's what people relate to, is when you are enjoying yourself.
Speaker 2: You know, it's television or you're doing an interview or anything, you're always going to be up a little bit, you know. It's not like when you're showing at your house having a conversation. But people want to enjoy the show. You know, especially with a show that you're being very combative and you're having really serious conversations sometimes and you're having really deep arguments and debate, you add a little lightness to it every once in a while, you know, do a little do a little gloating, you know, pay the pay the Man and diet Mountain dew and you know, and enjoy the show.
Speaker 4: You obviously go from that to more of like a real, real co host role with Colin. And I always tell people I've been a huge Colin Cowhard fan forever because I'm a radio nerd, and I always would just admire his ability to go off without anyone to bounce stuff off of, because like you could listen to him on the radio like when I was like younger, and I'd be like, this guy, it's just him in there, just like just talking and it's like really entertaining, which is really hard. As you know, because you've been a part of radio for so long. I think you guys had such a dope dynamic on the show as you kind of being his number two. What is it like, Because I'm a huge Colin Coward fan, what's he like as a guy? And just like what's it like working with him, Because you guys had a great run before you went to speak for yourself and kick your own thing off.
Speaker 1: Colin's the best. He is.
Speaker 2: I'm a radio nerd too, so you'll appreciate this. He's a huge prepper. Yeah, so he does a two hour prep show before the three hour show, right, so there's a lot of prep. He's very thorough. He wants to make sure he has the graphics. He wants to support what he's talking about. He wants to make sure that he has the sound, he wants to support what he's talking about. He wants to make sure he has the statistics he's looked up, you know, the historical stuff that goes along with what he's saying.
Speaker 1: He really talks.
Speaker 2: Through all of the topics. So his ability to you know, stretch a subject the way that you're talking about and continue to have the conversation with you the listener. But by himself, I mean his brain works differently to be able to do that anyway. But it really also helps that he preps a lot. He doesn't like to waste airtime, so sometimes sometimes it depends on the show obviously, but we'll do a little banter back and forth, whatever about you know, being in wine country or whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm going to Utah. But it's never too long.
Speaker 2: You know. We don't let that conversation be the conversation we're having in this segment. Right, he always brings it back to, Okay, what do we want to get to here? We're gonna we're going to get Aaron Rodgers here.
Speaker 1: Like we can.
Speaker 2: We can go a little bit off to make sure that people know that we're human beings. But but we got to talk about what we planned on talking about. He's very, very serious about the show. He feels like it's disrespectful to the audience to not be prepared to do a show.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: So that's what that's really what makes him great and able to do such a big show, because three hours of content is a long ass show.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: In our business, that is an insanely long show. And he does it as his show, so he can do all of that by himself if he needs to.
Speaker 3: Obviously for you, because you have your your solo podcast.
Speaker 1: I haven't done the podcast for a while, but I have one forth.
Speaker 4: But while you were doing the Cowhart Show, you had your your show, right, was the upside for you to leave the Skip and Shanton Show, which is the biggest show on the network to go to Colin. Was it because you were able to have like, because you had your own segment every day, were you able to kind of like you were able to get your shit off? You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the upside or like what made you want to make that move?
Speaker 2: It was partly, you know, obviously a different role, in a more expanded speaking role. When I when I first went to Collin, it was still just you know, the news updates. He'd bring me in here and there, but like, it took a little time for us to build up the muscle of him being able to just lean on me when he needed to, like this trust in chemistry. I had done the show a lot, so I had already knew the beats of the show because I was fill in on her a lot when I was doing Undisputed, So we already knew how to do the show together. But what the show was going to feel like together just took a little time, and us doing it from home during the pandemic.
Speaker 1: Actually really helped us a lot because we just had to talk, that is all we had to do.
Speaker 3: We have nothing else going on with Yeah.
Speaker 2: But for me, you know, my goal was always to be in the role that I'm in now, and it was important to me to always keep growing in the business. So I did two years of Undisputed, and I felt like I had you know, mastered that role, and there were you know, I'd kind of hit the ceiling of how much better I was going to get at that role, and I was ready to try something different and you know, get into a new challenge and a different type of show.
Speaker 1: So it was never like.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to work with them or anything like I love skiping Shannon and love doing that show. It was just time for me to go to a new role, something new York.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And similarly, that's why I made the jump to speak after a callin YO.
Speaker 3: What Up's Bootleg keV.
Speaker 4: We got to stop the interview to tell you about our folks at my bookie that's right, so many ways you can gamble with my bookie right now.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Of course, got NBA Playoffs, Western Conference Finals, Eastern Conference Finals.
Speaker 3: They're set. I love Celtics first Lakers in the finals. All right.
Speaker 4: You can sign up at my bookie dot ag right now using that promo code boot Leg and get a very generous first deposit bonus.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: And they just got the craziest like revamp of the online casino. It's like a Las Vegas experience. If you play cards, blackjack, roulette, you shoot dice, whatever it is. They have like live dealers handling it for you wherever you're at. You could be at the airport and be playing fucking roulette on your phone.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: My Bookie dot Ag, sign up with that promo code Bootleg right now. You can bet on sports, you could do slots, you could do blackjack, craps, whatever you're into. My Bookie dot Ag proma code Bootleg for that first deposit bonus and it is a generous one. Also got to give a shout out to our family at King Palms. Shout out to King Palm Man, if you only know about King Poms, they are a new sponsor on the Bootleg Cap podcast and they got such a great product. The best thing about King Palms is it's all organic, man, no tobacco in these wraps. They're straight leafs. And the best thing about them is they got this product their flavor turping tips all right, you stuff them. What's your product do? We got one here here, we got one right here, we got one right here.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: You stuff this with your premium cannabis from Hardy in Las Vegas. All right, you smoke up, pinch that tip. You're gonna get a burst of flavor. Yeah, this is the energy drink flavor. We got peach, pineapple, we got watermelon wave. Also, don't forget the goddamn blue grapes, you know what I mean. And also, this is a tobacco free rap. It's totally organic. It's literally a leaf. Let Me show you what I mean. That is just a big ass leaf guys. All right, So what you could do is go to Kingpom dot com. Weeds flying everywhere kingpom dot com promo code Bootleg, and now you can get fifty percent off of whatever you order at kingpom dot com. And don't forget to check them out because they're everywhere. Your local smoke shop, your local liquor store, seven eleven smoke the King Pom. All right, it's organic. It ain't like all that other bullshit. Y'all be fucking stuffing in your lungs man, all right, shout OUs to King Pom Kingpom dot Com promo code Bootleg right now, and it's actually promo co Bootleg keV promo Coote Bootleg keV, not Bootleg Bootleg keV Kingpom dot Com half off everything.
Speaker 3: Let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 4: Yeahuys gonna say, like, for you, you're one of I mean, there's amazing uh female personalities in the sports world. You're one of the only women who has kind of a main role on a debate show at this point. You're not just like kind of move like you said, moving the segment along. You're you know, you're you're there as somebody who gives your opinion every day. For you, has it been like you know, I do think sports fans for the most part can be kind of misogynistic in terms of like the sexism and shit like that. But you've done a really good job of like navigating what I would say, Like for me when I was in radio, it's like you start off as an intern, then you'd maybe do weekends and you've kind of built your way up to having your own show. Now, how hard is that being a female and doing sports like cause you are I mean, you can correct me if I'm wrong, But are you like one of the only females who actually.
Speaker 1: In the opinion space.
Speaker 2: There's very few of us, I don't want to misspeak, but maybe one or two, but do daily like are on the show every day as an opinion show that's not directed towards a specific sport, right, which you know, I would love.
Speaker 1: For there to be more.
Speaker 2: Right, It's never my goal to be the only one.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, I mean, my career has always.
Speaker 2: Been growing and adding to my resume and the process. So like you said, I started as an unpaid intern in Miami, and then I was like a full time intern, and then a part time producer, and then a full time producer, and then you're a freelancer on the side while you're producing, and you know, you kind of always have multiple jobs in this business also, But yeah, I mean I've I've earned my way up and built my way up. But also I don't know, I think I think it's all in how you not all in? But partly for me, it's been learning from the people and the personalities that I worked with.
Speaker 1: Skip is very.
Speaker 2: Different than Colin, is very different than Shannon, is very different than Nmmanuel is very different than shady is different than lads, like different than Zasla and Miami. Everyone has different things they bring to the table. But you're gonna get criticized no matter what you do. You're gonna get criticized more.
Speaker 1: If you're a woman.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get criticized more if you're a black woman. So for me, the misogyny and you know, people even I mean today, you can go look on my social media. There's somebody's gonna say I shouldn't be there because I'm a girl, because Jason's or whatever. Like yeah, those people don't sign checks, so who gives an They just they don't. Those people don't make decisions, They don't move the needle because for the most part, people are watching and enjoying good content, entertaining content, educated, opinionated content that they resonate with. I'm not saying things that don't make sense. If you disagree with me, it's easy to say you disagree with me because I'm a girl, But then you're gonna run into somebody else that says that that's a man, and now what are you gonna do? So it doesn't really I've also have a built up a very thick skin for it.
Speaker 3: But I've seen you snap back at trolls before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I say, I'm in retirement now mostly because Twitter is just not as fun as it used to be, Like, it just doesn't provide the same same level of entertainment for me anymore. But yeah, I mean, I don't I'm happy to you know, embarrass somebody or you know, ruin someone's day, for sure, But for me, it's more about it's more about letting people know this isn't this isn't really actually affecting me, and it does certain people. How you approach social media for everybody in the business is an important conversation you have to have with yourself, right And to me, I'm like, if you wouldn't come to my face and say this to my face.
Speaker 1: Which we know you would not do that.
Speaker 3: Of course you're not going to do that for sure.
Speaker 2: I can't take you your criticism seriously in any capacity. If you if I wouldn't ask for your advice, I don't care about your criticism.
Speaker 3: Right, That's that's some real shit. I think everybody should have that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's not easy to develop that though, I mean it's there, it's easy.
Speaker 4: Lets you get to you too, Like, even if you don't think like consciously, it's happening subconsciously you think about that.
Speaker 2: STUFFE Well, the subconscious part is the interesting part, because I think everybody has a different capacity to deal with feedback. The reality is we know too much about each other. We should not know as much about each other in society, and we all get too much feedback, good and bad. So ten thousand people can tell me I'm right and ten thousand people can tell me I'm wrong in one day. Neither one of them are changing my spirits.
Speaker 1: It's just not a good habit to have.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like being an athlete, Like you can't you can't get so down because you lost a game that you can't focus on the next game.
Speaker 4: Right, or miss a shot, or if you throw an interception you go to you know, you gotta come back and be a golfish.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's just how I approach it. But I feel like it's.
Speaker 2: Important for everybody to find their own way to deal with that kind of feedback.
Speaker 4: Now that you're giving your opinions on TV every day. We've seen a lot of athletes have very thin skin, right, We've seen athletes have public beefs with Skip a thousand times. I mean, I mean, we could go on and on the list. Have you had had I'm not going to ask you to name a name or anything, but have you had anybody hit you or find out that maybe you had said something that had them a little pissed off?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm sure it's happens.
Speaker 3: Maybe, but you're not like mean.
Speaker 4: I feel like sometimes like I feel like a lot of times people might take some of the things Skips say is like he's like being mean, right, I feel like you.
Speaker 1: You have well delivery. Delivery can kind of change livery matters.
Speaker 2: Although I have been told I don't have this soft, this delivery I think and look, I mean, it may very well happen. I don't really call it thin skin. I don't really believe that athletes have to hear about themselves all day long and not ever say anything to anybody, Like if you have something to say to a media member, say it. You know, I don't, it's not gonna it's not gonna make me think you're soft. I get a lot of feedback all day long, but for the most part, people aren't doing shows about what I do. You know, so it's it's it's a bit of an imbalance there when it comes to media and athletes. And also I consider it a massive privilege to be able to talk about sports and give my opinion about sports for a living. So you know, these these athletes are are one percent of one percenters in.
Speaker 1: What they do. So even if they have a bad night, they're still doing.
Speaker 2: Something absolutely incredible, right that very few people will ever get the opportunity to do, will ever get the opportunity to fail at. So yeah, I mean, we give strong opinions, but for me, I feel like it's always I try to keep it all in the back of my head. One not to get too emotional about it, because what is all this really like? We're not saving lives here, And two, these are human beings we're talking about, and they do have feelings and they do put their whole heart and soul and blood and tears and time with their family and time with their friends and vacations and like everything into what they do.
Speaker 1: And they get paid for it. But so what people get paid a.
Speaker 2: Lot of money to do a lot of things that's still taxing on their spirit and still takes time away from other things that we get to do all the time, so I just try to keep a human elements in minds. That's not to say someone might not still get mad at what I have to say, but may you know I don't. I don't run into that too much, thankfully.
Speaker 4: The one thing Colin does that I always appreciate is he does his bit where he talks about where he was wrong. Yes, what does it take that you've been just absolutely wrong about recently?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean I'm wrong all the time. Now, I mean I am wrong all the time. I'm wrong about stuff. I've thought that the Lakers would do much better.
Speaker 3: In the Nugget series in the Nugget series, and.
Speaker 1: They did often.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, there's plenty of people who I'm sure are going to put in the comments what I was super wrong about.
Speaker 1: I don't focus too much on the things, So maybe that's that.
Speaker 2: But I don't really take predictions too seriously, right, So maybe that's that's why it's not like as a harsh thing for me. I love that bit that Colin does, right, And it's funny because so many people will come up to me and be like, man, I just Colin will say he was wrong about something and like.
Speaker 1: He does a whole segments every week.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say he does it every week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally, I was wrong all the things that he was super wrong about. I don't have a problem saying I'm wrong though, and I don't have a problem changing my opinion, which is not something that is encouraged to be practiced in my line of work. But I'm not going to continue saying something when I have new information. True, I just don't view that as something that is One I don't think the audience really appreciates that, and two I don't think it ends up working out. Like, if I really feel strongly about something, I won't back off of it. But if you've like if I've got new information, now.
Speaker 3: What's your position that you're just like you're dug in on?
Speaker 1: What am I dug in?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What's your sports? Like? You know? For me, I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Absolutely can't stand the Baseball Hall of Fame. I mean, I just it's it's the most ridiculous setup. It's nonsense. It infuriates me every time there's a vote. It's it is a it is a to me, just the fact exium and it is supposed to tell the story of Baseball.
Speaker 4: The fact that Barry Bonds isn't in the Hall of Fame. I just can't take it serious.
Speaker 1: What am I supposed to say about that?
Speaker 4: Even if you take the season away where he had seventy three home runs, he's very Bonds, Like.
Speaker 3: What are we talking?
Speaker 2: He's had like multiple Hall of Fame careers. So that's one thing that I'm like, I don't ever want to hear about the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: That drives me absolutely inside.
Speaker 3: I never want to hear about baseball.
Speaker 4: Gotta stop the interview real quick to tell you about our family at Blue Chew.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 4: That's right, it's getting hot outside. You know what that means, Fellas you're about to go get that dick wet. You know what I'm saying. It might as well be really hard. It might as well be as hard as it could possibly be. And with blue Choo, you will achieve such hardness.
Speaker 3: All right. It's seriously amazing.
Speaker 4: And the best part about blue Choo is you can find out if it works. Don't just take my word for it. They're gonna give you a month's supply for free. Go to blue choo dot com use that promo code Bootleg. Get a month supply for free bluetoo dot com promo code Bootleg. Now it's the same active ingredient as Viagra and Cialis, minus the awkward appointment. You do not have to go see some old dude and tell them about your erectile dysfunction issues in person, because that's a fucking awkward conversation.
Speaker 3: Bruh.
Speaker 4: All you gotta do is go to blue choo dot com right now, use the promo code Bootleg. They're gonna get you hooked up with a month of supply for free. You just gotta pay five dollars in shipping. No awkward doctor's appointments, same active ingredient as Viagra and Seatleist.
Speaker 3: Plus they got the.
Speaker 4: Blue Choo Mint. It's a chewable it's great, tastes like mint. It's also the same active ingredient as Levitra. So summertimes coming, fellas, you don't want to underperform. Make sure your dick is rocked up, baby, all right, go to bluetoo dot com use the promo code bootleg.
Speaker 3: Hey, man, it works. What do you want from me? It fucking works. Everyone should have a little blue Choo in case of an emergency. You might have an emergency. You need a Papa Blue Choo chew it. It's a chewable, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Anyway, also got to shout out to our family at odd Socks. Don't forget go to odd socksofficial dot com promo code boot save twenty percent off. Man, they got the underwear that they just dropped last year.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: So not only do you get the most comfortable socks in the world, but you can also get the most comfortable with draws in the world. All the crazy licenses. They got half baked socks. They just announced their has Burro collection, which is crazy because that means you're gonna get Monopoly socks, Transformer socks, Power Ranger socks. So much shit going with odd Socks. Plus, they got the odd Socks Basics, my favorite. This is why I wear every day. I wear the Basics because they're the most comfortable socks I've ever put on my fucking feet. So experience the most comfortable socks in the world with me. Odd Socksofficial dot com promo code bootleg save twenty percent off.
Speaker 3: Shout out to odd Socks. Let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 2: I am a Michael Jordan zelot so, so you're it'll be very, very difficult to ever move me off of the position that Michael is the greatest BA basketball player.
Speaker 4: Can you at least agree that the only right answer to who's the goat is him or Lebron?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, but I will also respect someone who puts Kareem in there.
Speaker 3: Kareem would be the only other one.
Speaker 4: Like if you're like, if you're like eighty five and you're like, but you didn't see Kareem's son.
Speaker 2: I think it's I mean, the go conversation we've kind of you know, done at nauseum. And I absolutely respect Lebron James, and I think it's it's such a gift that we have been able.
Speaker 3: To for advantage.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I don't take him for granted. I'll tell you why I don't take him for granted. One because I'm a Heat fan, so like, thank you Lebron.
Speaker 1: But I was.
Speaker 2: Really, you know, it's kind of my feelings about the Cleveland's era after the Heat. But once he came to the Lakers, I was like, I'm going to enjoy this, right, Like I'm not going to Yeah, And also he did what he wanted to do, and I'm not like I got championships in Miami because of it and had it really started my career in Miami in a great way because he decided to come to the Heat.
Speaker 1: But I'm not going to be that person that was like.
Speaker 2: Man, I got an opportunity to watch Michael Jordan, but I just hated him so much.
Speaker 3: I just barely came to that with Steph because I like hate, I like hate the I hate the Warriors. Really, I just because I'm a diehard. I got a Lebron toy right there. I'm I'm a diehard Suns fan. But the Dark Years, as you know, the Dark Years have been dark recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so since the Suns have been absolutely cheeks, I've always just rooted for whatever team Lebron was on. So I have fucking Heat fan, Cavaliers fan, hate the Lakers, but rooted for the Lakers in the Bubble year, you know. But uh, I just the Lebron Steph battles.
Speaker 3: That's fair I just saw.
Speaker 4: So many fair Weather Warrior fans at the time, I lived in Florida, I lived in Tampa, and uh, there was all of a sudden in the middle of the state of Florida, there's all these Warrior fans.
Speaker 1: Well, people like to people like to root for things that are fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you're gonna you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Get in on the NBA.
Speaker 4: Like it's he just gets so much hate and I'm like, he's such a good guy.
Speaker 3: He's never done no weirdo.
Speaker 1: I think Lebron is.
Speaker 2: I think he is the greatest superstar that we have ever seen in the history of sports for sure and possibly like ever in the country. When you think about the fact that he was in high school high school was famous in high.
Speaker 3: School sports, illustrated.
Speaker 2: Coming from that to now being how old is he now? Forty thirty nine thirty nine years old, played for twenty one years in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Has blemish personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's his biggest controversy?
Speaker 2: That he made a big announcement that he was going to play for a better organization after the organization that had him for seven years couldn't put another player around him?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 2: What's his Oh and by the way, raise millions of dollars for charity and doing it. What's his big controversy that he won't speak about China?
Speaker 3: Right, that's it? It's all I mean, people, people make up shot.
Speaker 2: I mean, give me a break. This guy's impeccable. He's elevated everyone around him. He has raised a family like has an unbelievable family life, has represented the NBA for twenty years, and in the face and the criticism, like it's.
Speaker 1: It's just take a step back.
Speaker 2: It's remarkable. It's never been done. You can look at any superstar we've ever had in sports and music and entertainment and movies. You're just gonna fall apart at some point. It's just human nature, like the fact that he hasn't with all the scrutiny and hate that he constantly gets.
Speaker 1: Couldn't be me. Couldn't be me.
Speaker 4: Couldn't be me either. Okay, so obviously every day speak is on. It's just speak now, Yes, to speak, because it was speak for yourself. Yes, just speak to speak rebrand new logo.
Speaker 2: It's four thirty pm Eastern, one thirty pm West Coast for thirty pm Eastern.
Speaker 1: You know, we do everything for the for the East Coast.
Speaker 3: And yeah, what is up with that?
Speaker 2: It's so frust it's the East Coast bias. I'll accept it because I was a East Coast girl for a long time.
Speaker 4: But you must be let's be honest. You had no idea that he were going to make it as an eight seed to the finals, did you?
Speaker 1: I did not. I did not.
Speaker 2: I would be honest. I was always hero went down holding on to faith because I blindly have faith in pat Riley and Eric Spolstra. Although I will say this the Milwaukee series. After the Milwaukee Series, I knew, like I didn't think that they would get through Milwaukee because it's Yannice and Milwaukee. And after that series went the way that it did, then I knew, really, yes.
Speaker 3: You thought they would they would get the Celtics.
Speaker 2: Well, think about it, un listen, I've done this this bit like fifteen times this week. But you say you can't see the Warriors right so much since twenty ten. Yeah, the Warriors have I think one hundred and eight playoff wins. I'm sure correct me, but I think one hundred and eight playoff wins the heat of one hundred and six.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Six finals. The Warriors have been to six finals.
Speaker 3: It's crazy because we don't think of.
Speaker 2: It like that, like they've they've been to the finals two of the last four years. Yeah, like it was the Heat and he's never won Coach of the Year the Heat Bucks Celtics Heat. So the Heat have been in the finals in the last four years more than any other team in the East. They were in the Eastern Conference Finals against the Celtics last year in a game seven, and two years ago beat them in a game six. So they've met the Celtics in the Eastern Conference finals three of the last four years and beat them in.
Speaker 1: Two of them. True, it's just it's just it's a Heat bias.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you what it is. It's it's that man. People are still mad that Lebron went to the Heat. They are still mad about it. They didn't hate the Heat before that. I'm telling you, think about it, Dwayne Wade, Shack, pat Riley Zoe, like, it's it's Miami was not the love about it. There's nothing to hate about it. They didn't get hate until Lebron came there. And no one has gone over it. And now because it's it's not the way that people want the team to look. You know, it's Jimmy And I was like, well, like, Jimmy's not a regular season superstar he's not an envy right.
Speaker 4: He's definitely like a very unique player and the way he comes alive. I mean, look, he's but I think he's five times All nbas in his career, you know, the.
Speaker 2: Sixth time All Star. I mean, he's a great player, but he's not a player that people.
Speaker 3: He's not flashy's not flash He's not someone.
Speaker 2: That yes, they're going to look at and be like, oh yeah, he's gonna take them to the finals. So it's not it doesn't look the way people want it to look.
Speaker 4: But I'm just telling you, so all these random dudes that they got from, like other teams like Caleb Martin and the Gabe Vincent guy who's.
Speaker 2: Under heat the heat with pat Riley and Eric Spolstra have had a dynasty for.
Speaker 1: Since twenty ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, they got.
Speaker 1: The only difference is KD had that time with the Warriors.
Speaker 4: Oh trust me, I know, and listen, I've had to come to terms of I hung out with Kevin Durant during the pandemic once at his house and he was the nicest guy ever.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's great, And I was like, damn, I gotta go on my Twitter account to lead all these tweets people.
Speaker 1: Do you think people will get mad at Lebron? People get so mad at Katie.
Speaker 3: I don't understand.
Speaker 4: And then now he's on my sons, So now I'm like, shit, I bought me a pair of kds.
Speaker 2: I love Kevin Durant. I will always root for Kevin Durant. He is one of my favorite players to watch.
Speaker 3: I loved him until he went to the Warriors, and now I love him again.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't. I had no problem with that.
Speaker 2: I think I'm also a bit desensitized to it because I thought it was so funny how people reacted to Lebron going to the Heat, so.
Speaker 3: We were like, this is nothing, this is well. And also with.
Speaker 2: Kevin Durant, and similar to Lebron, because it was the same thing, they didn't have a championship with Katie. I think people have rewritten the narrative a little bit because of the way that the Thunder lost to.
Speaker 3: The Warriors, right because they were up three to one.
Speaker 2: People act like Katie took the easy way out.
Speaker 1: So he was with the Thunder for like eight years.
Speaker 2: Also, he took them to a finals.
Speaker 4: He knew something about playing with Russ. I think we all have been in the loop about recently. I mean, you know, maybe that was not the worst thing to leave Russ because Russ it doesn't seem like the.
Speaker 2: Easiest guy, and they and they prioritized Russ over Katie they did. So what are you actually mad about? You're mad that he went to a great team?
Speaker 1: Was he supposed to go to like a bad team?
Speaker 2: I don't believe in. I don't believe in like suffer, hustling, like he doesn't need. He already did his time. He did seven or eight years in Oklahoma in Oklahoma City, want a MVP there, went to the finals there and decided to move on. Why are you mad that he went to a great team who, by the way, was so well run Bob Myers now leaving, who knows what could happen? It was so well run that they had Klay Thompson, Steph Curry and Draymond Green and could fit Kevin Durant on that team. So are your team's not well run?
Speaker 3: I got to ask you one last thing because I know you got to go give me your take on my Phoenix Suns.
Speaker 2: So I well, I just made an impassionate speech for yet so I'll say with that, I love Booker.
Speaker 1: Two. I think I think the coaching is going to be important. Yeah, I think you're seeing.
Speaker 3: I was hoping we were gonna get Nick Nurse, but he went to Philly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think the coaching high is gonna be important.
Speaker 3: So it's not Doc Rivers. Please.
Speaker 2: The role players are also going to be very important because you you did give up some depth, and you know, you give up whatever you need to give up to get Kevin Durant. But I think they're gonna look a lot different next year.
Speaker 3: I think, no more Ayton, please go give them a lot.
Speaker 2: Of grace that probably everybody else doesn't give them because they looked so good as soon as Katie got there.
Speaker 1: But they didn't play a lot together.
Speaker 4: So during the regular season they played eight games, and remember he got hurt, right, And so I'm like, like, we barely are seeing these guys figure this out. And also like I love Minny Williams because he's changed the culture of the Suns.
Speaker 3: But yeah, just like zero, like real offense was being ran.
Speaker 4: It literally was like all right, book at your turn, all right, Katie, it's your turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that doesn't surprise me. Because they didn't have enough.
Speaker 3: They didn't have enough time.
Speaker 1: So I think they're gonna look very different next year.
Speaker 2: Definitely they need some depth, right, but once they're in, you know they're rolling together, they're gonna be a much harder out. I mean, they still went six with the Nuggets, who are now in the final, so it's not like it's you know, you need to hang your head too much. I know people think Kevin Durant should win a championship every year, and they were favored, and look I thought they would go further as well. But I think they're gonna look very different next year.
Speaker 1: It's not over well.
Speaker 4: I'm a huge Suns fan. Hopefully we figure it out to you and hopefully your heat win the finals.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I also don't like Denver. I like Jokic, He's just he's just too good. It's like frustratingly good, like when you're because I'm a Son's fan watching that motherfucking guy looks just so out of shape. He's not out of shape, I know, but he just looks he looks like someone in my friend group.
Speaker 3: You know, they're like, I should you be playing basketball?
Speaker 1: Like could like reverse, and he's just so good.
Speaker 3: It's just he's just crazy.
Speaker 1: It's just he is. He's really he's an he is an irritatingly good player.
Speaker 3: He's so irritatingly good.
Speaker 2: But he's so good, he's the next time he's up for an MVP, there's not gonna be as much pushback as there was this time.
Speaker 3: I know. And it's like I really wanted him be to win this year.
Speaker 1: Me too.
Speaker 3: I did because I feel like, Yo, he deserves one, you know, but damn if if Yogic proved everybody who voted for a B well.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a regular season award because it is a regular season award.
Speaker 1: And then Yokic kind of took called out for.
Speaker 2: It because I always say that, And then I was like, what, Also, Yokic shouldn't win three in a row because he hasn't done anything in the postseason yet. I'm like, all right, well not not not, you'll call me a hypocrite, but I don't like to play that game though too much.
Speaker 4: Listen, it was a regular season award, and B led the league scoring. Yok took the last one.
Speaker 1: He absolutely deserved it. I mean, he deserved it.
Speaker 3: It's he's playing with James Harden, it's not the easiest thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should make a postseason MVP.
Speaker 3: I agree. I'm surprised I haven't done that yet.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just making us say that it's like the Finals MVP, but like the Finals MVP is so specific to that series.
Speaker 4: Just making up trophies at this point, like the fact there's a Western Conference in Eastern Conference.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm like, this is stupid.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Joy Taylor, you can watch her on TV every single day one thirty pm PST four thirty pm EST.
Speaker 1: Yes on FS Speak on Speak.
Speaker 3: Go watch it on YouTube too, That's where I watch it. Watch on YouTube of course. Hey, we got to wrap up an interview brought to you by Hard Dean, Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: Appreciate y'all watching. Hey, don't forget when you go to Vegas, you gotta go to hard Man. It's the craziest dispensary you'll ever walk into. His smells like fucking heaven in there.
Speaker 3: All right, get in that.
Speaker 4: Uber when you hit Sin City, tell him take me to Hard Dean. They're gonna take you. You're gonna get a while selection of the just top, top of the line cannabis. The best selection you'll go be able to see in the US. Plus, on top of that, they got the crazy gear, they got the clothes, they got the bikinis, they got a wonderful selection of bud tenders that are very good at their job. Man, they'll take carry you. Tell them that Bootleg keV sent you the bud tenders of Hardeen. They'll know what that means. They're gonna get you hooked up right all right. Go follow them online Hardeen Underscore Las Vegas, or just go shout out their website too, Man, Hardenlasvegas dot com, and when you're in Vegas, pull up to Harden or you're playing yourself for real,