Speaker 1: Hello Sunshine, Hey besties.
Speaker 2: Today on the bright Side, we're popping off on the biggest pop culture stories of the week with the co hosts of the Tea Time with Raven and Miranda podcast. You know them, you love them. It's Raven Simone and Miranda may Day. Is it petty to hide shower products from your roommate's guests? What's cancel culture insurance? And why are some celebrities buying in? And how do you really feel about your friend's private wedding vows. It's Friday, January thirty. First, I'm Simone.
Speaker 3: Voice, I'm Danielle Robe and this is the bright Side from Hello Sunshine.
Speaker 1: It is Friday, Simone.
Speaker 4: It is finally Friday.
Speaker 2: And even beyond that, it is almost the end of January, and it feels like this has been an eternal January. So bring it on February. I'm so excited to see what you've gotten store for us.
Speaker 3: January felt like an entire year in itself, truly, truly, But we've had so much fun this week. It was such a joy to have Neah Rouche back on the show. Her new book, The Power Pause, is changing the conversation around stay at home parenthood. One of my favorite moments from the interview was when Nahas shared why she dedicated the book to her dad. She talked about how he always honored and credited her mom for the immense impact in their home and out of their home. It was like a really special sort of gentle moment from the interview.
Speaker 2: That makes so much sense because you can see that this philosophy that she leads with is so deep in her bones and her DNA. And speaking of authors, I loved our conversation with Kate Fagan about her new book, The Three Lives of katek It is the January pick for Reese's Book Club. It's all about a famous author's decision to reveal her true identity after kind of being this elusive figure for years, and I personally loved listening to Kate unpack what it was like for her to write a fictional memoir as a primarily nonfiction writer. I mean, she really had to step up and pushed through a lot of deep seated fears that she had about this transition, and in the end she realized the things that we think are flaws are actually our superpowers.
Speaker 3: She's also really incisive, Like I kept wanting to hear what revelation she was going to share next day.
Speaker 1: Was a really great episode.
Speaker 3: And today we're going to continue with the trend of greatness and incredible guests because Raven Simone sometimes known as Raven Simone, and Miranda may Day are here with us.
Speaker 1: But before we.
Speaker 3: Jump in, it's time to spotlight our favorite moment of the week. So this week we're spotlighting the Queen of Country herself, Yep, the Queen Dolly Parton, because she is headed to Broadway, y'all.
Speaker 2: Yes, Dolly announced just this week that Dolly an original musical I set to debut in Nashville actually this summer, before heading to New York City next year.
Speaker 4: That's usually not the way things go.
Speaker 2: Usually shows premiere in London on the West End and then make their way to Broadway, But the Queen of Country is doing it her way, which makes so much sense. During a press conference, Dolly said she's quote always wanted to do my life story as a musical, adding that she wants it to happen while she's still around and can make sure that it's executed properly.
Speaker 4: A true control free queen. We love to see it.
Speaker 2: The musical will also feature songs we know and love, as well as quote a whole lot of original songs.
Speaker 3: I cannot wait for that. I know tickets are on sale now for the summer premiere. So what do you say? Are we all taking a trip to Nashville?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, Nashville or Broadway.
Speaker 2: I'm telling our producers to book us an interview with Dolly asap.
Speaker 4: All right, Danielle, we be ready to pop off.
Speaker 1: We're so ready.
Speaker 3: We're joined by the hilarious co hosts of the Tea Time podcast, Raven Simone and Miranda may Day. Welcome to the bright Side.
Speaker 1: It is the bright.
Speaker 5: Side night, Danielle, Hi Simone, Hi, y'all, thanks for having us.
Speaker 1: We missed you, guys.
Speaker 4: Hi, welcome to both of you. Raven.
Speaker 2: We had so much fun having you on solo, and now we get the wifey with us.
Speaker 6: Oh, I feel so special.
Speaker 4: How are we doing this morning? Fam?
Speaker 1: You know we woke up. We're here.
Speaker 7: I ordered a latte a macha late and instead I got a cold iced latte, which I didn't know was a thing. So you know I'm thriving out here.
Speaker 4: Baby. How are you?
Speaker 6: I am here you, guys.
Speaker 5: I also am to blame for that situation though, because I read the sign is wake and latte and it was actually wake and late. Yeah, so it really we're not We're not thriving or able to read well.
Speaker 3: I guess it's so hard to recover from the wrong coffee order, O preach. I know it shouldn't be, but it is. It feels like everything's going in the wrong direction. We're gonna have to correct course.
Speaker 6: Yes, right, what about right now?
Speaker 3: Okay, So you guys host the hilarious podcast Tea Time with Raven and Miranda for listeners who may or may not be familiar. You have your guest pull topics out of a teapot and then you spill the tea.
Speaker 1: It gets piping hot sometimes, yes.
Speaker 3: Calding Simon and I recently he taped an episode with you guys, which is going to come out soon. But I'm a big fan on social I knew about your pod even before we went on, and you've had some clips go pretty viral. The ones that I saw recently were because Raven was kind of spilling the tea herself.
Speaker 1: You've been like, you've been divulging things.
Speaker 7: My wife told me it was a safe space, so therefore I have to trust her as her the contract of marriage.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, not the contract of the podcast.
Speaker 6: No, not the contract of the podcast.
Speaker 4: Just the marriage.
Speaker 1: I just look at her and I'm like, is this okay?
Speaker 6: Okay, good? I might go for it, babe.
Speaker 1: Well, okay.
Speaker 3: When you're in the studio, it's a safe space. And then it hits the airwaves and all of a sudden, like People Magazine, New York are all.
Speaker 1: These places pick things up?
Speaker 3: Is it cathartic or are you sick of spilling the tea?
Speaker 1: I realized that it's not a safe space.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 7: I'm also very aware of what I do spill and what I don't. I am not totally dissociated at that moment where I'm just saying whatever, But I do know that I, you know, with a podcast, as you both know, and Miranda has informed me that people want to know who I am and who we are and are our authentic selves. And I'm from a different generation where we just lighted the public to get a branding deals. But there's new ways of surfacing in this generation and I'm learning.
Speaker 3: I'm learning, Yeah, I get that. I've really enjoyed it. I think you're saving the piping hot tea for your book.
Speaker 7: I am thank you.
Speaker 4: This serious book that we've heard so much about.
Speaker 1: I'm running a back.
Speaker 4: I mean, I am.
Speaker 1: Actually it's happening.
Speaker 4: I actually have a question for both of you.
Speaker 2: We're still kind of in that new phase of the new year, and I'm curious if you had any like words or intentions that you set for this year, any goals, and how you're doing with those.
Speaker 5: You know, Simon, I'm so glad you asked, because I'm going to tell you you my wife is not somebody who is one for the new year, and this I'm not. And this December twenty twenty four, she was on it. She was like, we are doing this, and we're doing that, and we're going to have a ceremony and we're going to burn and we're going to purge water.
Speaker 1: I was ready to go.
Speaker 5: She was ready to go. So we came into this new year in a new house with this newfound energy, with every crystal cleansed. Raven was like burning things and soaking things in water. We were releasing, We were red and let me tell you, I don't know the world. It literally has been not it. We have said that we would like to unsubscribe. We would like a full refund.
Speaker 7: I want to coupon.
Speaker 6: I need a February first, we're going to say happy New Year. So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't have any positivity to shine right now in regards to this new I mean, I'm super honest, I'm uncomfortably honest. It's just like it hasn't been a great time.
Speaker 7: I will give us some some positivity. You cannot see the beauty without a little bit of pain, very true. So if we didn't have this thing to kind of help us understand that, I believe February first, April, all these months we're about to give while I'm out here, it's about to be amazing. And we only will know that because of the bullshit that happened in January.
Speaker 1: You got me hyped up in that last second.
Speaker 4: I was like ready to throw my arms up.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Let's go you guys. You reboot immediately.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just a system reboot. But I think to echo what you're saying. And I know I sounded like such a negative Nancy, But the truth is is that there is always beauty in pain, and you can always meet situations with grace, and there's always learning opportunities. And we're here, we're healthy, we're building, and life isn't always easy. I mean, people are resilient. Humanity has been through natural disaster and war and destruction for as long as we've been here, so we know how to persevere, we know how to lift each other up. And I think that we also learn through contrast. Why do you know what bright is because you know what dark is, So you have to have both to kind of live in a balanced life.
Speaker 6: And despite the.
Speaker 5: Devastation that has happened in Los Angeles, it's also been incredible to see how people rally together and how people have supported each other and the hope that the communities have instilled in one another. And I think that, you know, again, a lot of good can come from hardship.
Speaker 4: Absolutely so much gratitude.
Speaker 2: I'm filled with so much gratitude right now, and gratitude are officially going to be popping off right now.
Speaker 4: So let's get into this. Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm going to need that clipped out and played as our sound effect for this segment going forward. Okay, So first up, I need to hear everyone's opinion on a very hot debate on the internet right now. Give you a little teaser. It involves roommates, shampoo, and allegations of petty behavior.
Speaker 4: Ooh at left g WHOA?
Speaker 2: Okay, So, an anonymous twenty eight year old woman recently took to Reddit's and ib asshole for him?
Speaker 4: Is everyone here familiar with this? Is I am? Now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So people go on there and they ask the world Am I the asshole in this situation?
Speaker 4: Or is it someone else?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wow, so we're gonna call her Erica. Erica writes that she was away one weekend and while she was away, her thirty four year old male roommate invited his female friend, you know, a little hookup to stay over. No immediate problem, right, Okay, Well, when Erica comes back, she notices that the friend had used most of her expensive shampoo and conditioner without asking. So cut to the next time her roommate had this girl stay the night. Erica decides, Hey, I'm gonna get out ahead of this, right, I know what's coming.
Speaker 4: So she moves the products to her so that the guests wouldn't be able to use them again.
Speaker 2: Smart And so then when the woman comes back, she couldn't find the conditioner, and then she asked Erica's roommate, and then he confronted Erica about it and said she was being rude and petty.
Speaker 4: So was she the angle in this situation or was she in the right.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to determine who the villain is here.
Speaker 7: Mm hmmmm, Well, I'm gonna say I had a similar situation. M I'm gonna answer your question. I'm going to tell you about my situation. Yeah, I think that Erica was in the right, thank.
Speaker 6: You, because it's expansive.
Speaker 7: It's expansive, and he was in the wrong for even going up to her and saying anything like that, because that is not communal shampoo. If your roommates, you know what's communal. So my personal story was I was dating this guy back in those days, and he was living with me at the time, and I went to Spain for a little movie that some people know, and I bought this Spanish body wash you could only get in Spain, and I you know, ladies, we all know you just little drops.
Speaker 1: He's savoring it, y savoring it.
Speaker 4: I can feel the pain in my chest. You know what's going to happen.
Speaker 7: This six foot two hundred and twenty pound grown ass man use it and I plotted to break up with him after that, and it happened. I broke up with this person because he really.
Speaker 6: Yes, I did, and he used all of it.
Speaker 7: He used all of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's crazy. I agree with you.
Speaker 4: It's not okay.
Speaker 5: Erica is not the asshole in that situation. I think that you do not expect your roommate's guest to ever use your items, Keristas. I mean that shit is expensive. It's like thirty dollars, and I'm a product whore. Like if anyone were to come into my bathroom and start using my stuff, my wife, my sister, my mother. Excuse me, what are you doing? I am not a share in that space. So that roommate he needs to buy his friend conditioner in shampoo to have in their house, or the girlfriend needs to pack her own little sleepover bag with her shampoo care. Also, go home and wash your hair.
Speaker 6: Why are you doing that?
Speaker 7: Well, sometimes you might need to wash your hair after you spend the night.
Speaker 1: Over with your boyfriend.
Speaker 6: No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I need to clean up.
Speaker 6: Take your business there, she's so good to her house.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing, no one wants to use drugstore shampoo. It feels okay that day, and then a week later you're like, what is.
Speaker 1: Happening in my hair?
Speaker 3: I feel this way in relationships similar to your story. I don't like when the men I date use my expensive shampoo because you don't need it in the way that I do. I have shampoo for them and I have shampoo for me.
Speaker 1: It's it's fair, that's fair. You think that's balanced or are we all being crazy?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 7: No, only only thing about it is men sometimes downgrade their beauty products thinking that they don't need it, but they need their own for their own world. Yes, And I think that Erica should ask for her money back. I think that they should buy her the shmoo that they used. And then by you know what I mean, like, do you guys share cosmetics or no?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: None, like not even a face cream.
Speaker 7: I mean sometimes she'll let me use some of her face cream in my skin is real dress.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Sometimes I'm like, let me help you out, and I did.
Speaker 5: I did use your sun block because I ran out of mine, But and then.
Speaker 7: My sun block was her sunblock. She brought me her some block for that moment, took it back, So now I realized that it was just in.
Speaker 5: Case she read, the only thing I think we kind of share are sometimes sense you stole my diaper life. You share my diaper life.
Speaker 6: This is true.
Speaker 1: What's a diaper life?
Speaker 6: A diaper?
Speaker 7: A DIAPERA that moment, that moment in the female's life that month. Yeah, you know they went into these like washable underwears. I can't do that because I'm heavy. I have a heavy sisal flow. And so I picked up one of the diapers, which are the thorough away ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was just wearing around the house.
Speaker 1: She's like, is that a diaper?
Speaker 6: So Raven loves Raven loves a diaper.
Speaker 2: This is a huge female hack. I went, next time I'm in heat, I'm gonna wear a diaper.
Speaker 7: Yes you should, and in heat and there's like a little sports brand a diaper I totally stopped wearing.
Speaker 5: It's a tampons. Yeah, I just don't wear tampons anymore.
Speaker 7: So back to Erica, don't steal my diapers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this real life.
Speaker 4: The last thing I wanted to say about this story. This is a quick fix.
Speaker 2: All the all the roommate has to do is buy her some urbal essence panteene Provy until she graduates to deserving the expense, you know, like maybe once she becomes like a girlfriend or something, then she gets access to it.
Speaker 4: But just buy her a jeep Shampo.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do a quick break from popping off, but we'll be right back.
Speaker 4: We're back to popping off with Raven Simonet and Miranda may Day.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have something else to chat about today.
Speaker 3: We've heard of niche insurance policies, right, so concert pianists can insure their hands. There's always been this rumor that j Low has insured her dairy air. I was looking up more online. A lot of celebrities insure things. Taylor Swift allegedly insured her legs for forty million dollars. Clume too, yes, allegedly allegedly. Julia Roberts allegedly insured her smile.
Speaker 1: For thirty million.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I heard that too.
Speaker 1: I think it's worth more.
Speaker 3: Anyways, there's a new insurance policy in town. It's called Cancel Culture Insurance.
Speaker 1: I know so.
Speaker 3: A London based insurance agency just launched a policy called Preempt, basically cancel culture insurance. It's designed to protect people from reputational damage before things spiral, offering monitoring training and a twenty four to seven crisis Hotline to handle negative social media and any media coverage that's negative.
Speaker 1: It's basically like your own crisis PR team.
Speaker 3: It seems it even covers misinformation and deep fakes.
Speaker 2: Ravens punning your head down. I can't wait to hear this.
Speaker 1: But here's the catch.
Speaker 3: It's meant for people worried about being mischaracterized or taken out of context, not for those who've actually broken the law or done something wrong. I feel conflicted about this because does it incentivize people to behave badly?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Does it give characters on the internet or on the news or on the.
Speaker 3: View an incentive to say outrageous things because they'll get an insurance check for it?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'd even take it there.
Speaker 6: I didn't think about that either. And that's interesting.
Speaker 4: That's hard.
Speaker 1: We already have unhinged people online.
Speaker 4: That part.
Speaker 1: That part, I don't know if I need more.
Speaker 6: Of it, you know, Yeah, that's so interesting. I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's such My initial thought was like, this is such a reflection of just where our world has gone. And when you think about people who are canceled, I can understand for somebody who feels completely misunderstood or something that blows out of proportion that wasn't meant to land the way it landed. Then you've lost essentially your livelihood and your reputation. Right, I can understand that, But the fact that you just brought up in y'elle, I don't know. And if that's going to open the floodgates for giving more people permission to be off the walls, I mean that sucks, But people do anything for a check.
Speaker 7: You went there and I went to Olivia Pope, like that is the original quote unquote sure the fixer, and it's like that insurance policy is just gonna happen. You're just gonna spend that money on a publicist because you're gonna have to fix it anyway.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: I find it ridiculous. Just watch your mouth and think about what you're going to say before you say it, because I think you're.
Speaker 1: Right, Daniel. I think they're going to start just taking money.
Speaker 7: But the world we live in now, it's all about free speech and say whatever you want to it if it's your truth. So well, if our leaders can do it, why can't the civilians do it?
Speaker 6: Because then you get a TikTok man so.
Speaker 2: I guess this was created for people who feel victimized by just the cultural conversation and feel like they didn't actually say anything.
Speaker 4: Wrong, right exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I feel like you you went on the view you caught flag for saying things that were it was completely unfair and blown out of proportion. Would something like this have been helpful in that situation?
Speaker 1: I don't really need money.
Speaker 7: I mean, of course I like money like that, right, I know, care what you put in the universe. I don't know if money would have fixed the problem and the feeling that I went through at the time of the things that I said. I also am just talking like that right now. I mean, I still got my check though. That's the crazy thing. It's just like, I maybe maybe you're right, Simone, maybe it would have helped. I don't. I don't know how it could have unless there was you said, it comes with a what it comes with a twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: Helpline, Yeah, crisis hotline.
Speaker 7: So like, what do I call and cry and they're like, well, maybe you don't and apologize if I give you what If they give you bad advice, the best advice is to just be quiet and apologize.
Speaker 4: And keep your opinions to yourself next time.
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, in this vein, I have a psa. I'm kind of thinking about this since the new year, bring decorum back. Oh, we must bring decorum back. I miss it. I think it keeps people safe.
Speaker 3: I know it's like it feels a little bit old school, but in professional settings, decorum is there for a reason. You know when Jackie O had that face where she was unfhazed all the time because she was a public person.
Speaker 1: Yes, ring decorum back. When you are on the.
Speaker 3: Airplane and you're in the window seat and it's sunny and the shade is up, put it.
Speaker 1: Down, or I agree, saying.
Speaker 3: Wild things on the internet that are explicit and insight violence, bring decorum back.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're right, and I have a I have something to say to you.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 7: We are too far along in shock culture to do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you think so.
Speaker 7: I think that the new generation, maybe maybe not this generation that's popping off right now, but if we start now, the next generation can. But like you know, there's something wrong with today where it's like I need more and more and more to get a feeling we are so numb. Yes that maybe it'll shock us back into it because I agree with you, but decorum.
Speaker 5: Also, I think that people might counter the brain decorum back with but that's inauthentic to my experience in that moment. Right, So, the window seat, the window seat person. We're not trained in our culture to think about the person next to us or the person coming after us. And we are literally individual like in our own bubble type of people. And that's even just think of how we commute. Most of us are just you know, isolated in a car going from point A to point B. So that idea of put your window down is so correct, but I think that what you would encounter is this is my seat. I paid for it, and I can have it up or down. And then you have just constant conflict because what you're not thinking of is okay, wait, the sun is glaring in. And it's also like cascading onto a mother who's holding her a baby and this man and this like you're not considering and so it's it's so hard. And then people are so in this place of like every single individual experience counts, My feelings matter. I need to be validated, that there's no sense of community and how we all impact each other.
Speaker 7: And that's why I think cancel culture kind of blew out a proportion because the people that say whatever they think, they whatever they think their experiences, not having decorum, not realizing that we are all on this tiny piece of land with each other. Like other cultures. Japanese people, they are a unit when they move forward. They don't even open presence in front of the person in front of them because they want to make sure that they have their personal experience privately and then go about, you know, saying thank you later. But that cancel culture came because one person said their truth and another person is not okay with it, and therefore you're canceled. And it's so disgusting to me. And I think that you're right. If we kind of and we kind of go back to when manners were really really important, yeah, and like the collective was really important, then maybe we would maybe we would be a little bit better humanity, maybe we'd be better.
Speaker 1: I love where you guys took this. I totally agree. I really bring decorum back. Matters were there for a reason.
Speaker 7: They were there for a reason.
Speaker 2: Well, one area where I really prefer to adhere to the traditional way of doing things is weddings. I think that we have to have decorum when it comes to weddings. I'm still shocked that some people don't know that you just can't wear white if you're not the bride. But anyways, it seems like, you know, a lot of elements of decorum have gone out the window, as we've been saying, yeah, when it comes to weddings and marriages.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 2: I recently came across an article in the New York Times that was titled you are cordially invited to our wedding, but not to our vows. And I read that I was like, huh, So what this piece says is that more and more couples are actually deciding to exchange their wedding vows in private, and there are several different ways that you can do this. Apparently, so one couple mentioned and that they shared their vows silently in front of all of their wedding guests, which I'm not exactly sure how that goes down.
Speaker 7: We won't We'll have to unpack that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In another instance, guests watch the bride and groom hand each other sealed envelopes one at a time and read them silently while everyone watched that sounds awkward to me. What do you guys make of this trend? Are you pro private vows or pro public vows?
Speaker 1: The vows are my favorite part?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you start crying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm into. What do I want to see the decorum of your wedding?
Speaker 7: I don't want to see the stuff they say all the time.
Speaker 3: I want to see the stuff that you mean, like, what does this person mean to you? I don't want to attend a wedding without vows.
Speaker 7: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Wow, Danielle, take your hard stance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah, I can understand that because personally, okay, this is where I stand with him.
Speaker 6: If a couple is like it feels.
Speaker 5: Too intimate and we want to make, you know, promises and commitments to one another that just are bound between the two of us, that's fantastic. I think you should do that. But I think you should have then a moment where you give the lighter version to your audience. Well, where I think you still can say some form of thou like something or some kind of agreed upon I promise to da da da da da. Because it is an emotional part. It is a beautiful element, and I think that it's also beautiful that in front of those people you are making this commitment. What I like the most about about is you're asking all of those people to be your witness to the commitment that you're making to another person. And hopefully there's somebody in that crowd that will also then help hold you accountable to the commitment that you just publicly made. So there is a public element that is kind of crucial, I think, to the commitment that is made in a marriage.
Speaker 4: Are we all grandma's you guys?
Speaker 7: Are we all just I definitely am not a grandma because I don't think you should be doing that in front of people.
Speaker 4: I really don't.
Speaker 7: I hope that not do your vowels in front of everyone, because I don't want anybody in my relationship.
Speaker 1: Change my mind. Tell me more, okay.
Speaker 7: So, like I think that the vows should come before you get on the altar and just make the altar the ceremonial visual for the audience. I think when I'm starting to say what I'm gonna, you know, do for you and all of that, I think that should be in a private setting. I think that we need to put marriage ceremonies into a microscope and kind of change the way it looks like.
Speaker 6: For me, I think there should.
Speaker 7: Be two type of ceremonies within one day. One the vowels that you have with each other in front of like whoever you're priest or efficient and maybe your parents. But I don't think three hundred people that you sent invitations to just to fill up your wedding that the game presence should be involved in the intimacy of your relationship. Because if y'all get divorced, people go and look at you like you're crazy afterwards. So I think that it needs to be like private for that moment, because that is the truth. That is what you guys are basing your relationship off of. And all those three hundred to six hundred or twenty people that come to your wedding, that's not their business. In my opinion, personally, you.
Speaker 3: Did slightly change my mind, and I'll tell you why. I in listening to you, I was realizing, as an audience member at a wedding, it's almost a performance.
Speaker 1: It's a performance, and the vows should not be performative. I like your idea.
Speaker 3: If you are in Miranda, if you are inviting everybody to your performance of a wedding.
Speaker 1: Do a light version.
Speaker 3: Now we all are entertained and we feel your love and get to still cry with you and then have a separate one for the two of you.
Speaker 1: I think that's beautiful.
Speaker 5: That's kind of what you said, which is the and what I said it is like you have your own smaller intimate moment, which is like maybe your parents are your efficient or at least have someone bearing witness if you need that.
Speaker 6: But I think that that's kind of.
Speaker 4: What we did.
Speaker 5: Like we didn't have a traditional vow ceremony. We had written down things on paper that we like, we and we had marriage journals, marriage journey.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they lasted like two months. But I do want to bring back something that you said simone about somebody doing their vows in silence.
Speaker 6: How does that work?
Speaker 2: I don't do.
Speaker 7: I'm just staring at your eyes. You can read my booins these couple's telepathy.
Speaker 4: Oh god, it got it.
Speaker 1: You should know that this is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 7: Again, it's about it's about tradition setting, but your version of tradition, like read the vowels after in the envelope. But if you're standing there and i'd like to take a moment of silence for vows.
Speaker 1: It's like, this is not dead, this is this is life.
Speaker 4: We need to speak.
Speaker 7: We need to, you know, pump some energy into the wedding. I need I need hip hop, you know what I mean. Like, I don't know, I'm just different when I've been to like a little reggae.
Speaker 4: I'm a little.
Speaker 7: Reggae, you know what I mean. I need a little you know, hit bumping.
Speaker 5: But I also think it's super individual. Whatever makes the people getting married on that day happy, and whatever makes them feel celebrated and makes their relationship feel whatever it needs to feel on that day, go off. Like if you need to have a silent wedding, have a fucking silent wedding.
Speaker 6: If you want to wear a black party, yeah, like where whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Like I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't feel like you have.
Speaker 5: To get married in one way at all. I think you do your thing.
Speaker 6: But I think you're right.
Speaker 7: It is a show. You're putting on a show for other people, and that does not feel authentic. And we are in the you know, generation of authenticity.
Speaker 3: It's time for another short break, but we'll be right back with Miranda may Day and Raven Simonet and we're back with Raven, Cimo, Neet and Miranda may Day. Okay, you guys know, I'm in Jamaica right now. A lot of my girlfriends are here and some of them listen to our podcast. Danielle and my friend Alex was like, I love the popping off.
Speaker 2: Segments, Like that's my favorite part. I like love the celebrity tea and pop culture. So I promised I would squeeze in a celebrity tea question.
Speaker 4: Let's go, Yes, let's go.
Speaker 2: What is the most fun celebrity wedding you both have been to?
Speaker 7: And why you're so cute? We don't have celebrity friends.
Speaker 5: I was gonna have to say mine when I married Raven the celebrity, because that's the only celebrity wedding I've ever been to.
Speaker 7: I've been to my best I've been to my best friends reading from middle school. I wasn't even invited to my best friend's wedding from high school.
Speaker 5: Together, Raven and I have been to four weddings, like I think collect if you add like every wedding she's been to in every wedding I've been to, it's like five total.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like we don't wedding.
Speaker 7: Now, to answer your questions, which celebrity wedding have we witnessed on social media?
Speaker 1: Or which we.
Speaker 5: Can we adjust the question to like which celebrity party, because have we been to any.
Speaker 2: Good celebrity Yes, that's what I was gonna say, Like what Hollywood event?
Speaker 4: Maybe our celebrities party? Have you been to? That was the most fun? The white party? I'm just playing. I didn't go.
Speaker 7: Oh god, we need a whole episode on that.
Speaker 1: I wasn't invited.
Speaker 6: You can't drop that. At the end, all she wanted to do was go to a white party.
Speaker 1: No one invited me. I'm just playing cot so lucky.
Speaker 4: How are you not right now?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, seriously, you're so lucky.
Speaker 4: I've been to some parties, you guys.
Speaker 7: I've been to some parties in Atlanta, here in LA and I will say it is the freedom that comes with knowing that everybody is in a precarious situation.
Speaker 6: They want some tea, they want some names.
Speaker 7: Oh no, I'm not giving no names. I sign an NDA. But I also don't want people to tell the truth on me. So I'm gonna have some decorum.
Speaker 3: I'm not redacting this any Hattish sorta got canceled for not having decorum.
Speaker 1: In this situation, I'm not about to not have decorum.
Speaker 7: I get so the celebrity parties that I've been to, whether I have my phone taken away, whether it's free drinks flowing like water from the well, whether it's all kinds of things going down. I think the most fun I have is when I see someone that I grew up with totally not on their best behavior, totally enjoying their civilian life and forgetting that they're worth millions, and I'm just sitting there like I'm about to, We're about to, We're about to, We're about to go right now, and to be able to just be free and be like I just popped it on this person and this person just pomped it on me, and it was just even instead of when you meet these people at like an award show or a red carpet, they're so hoity toity, they're snooty. But when you get something.
Speaker 1: Many celebrities girl.
Speaker 7: And it's like it's but it's anybody at.
Speaker 5: One of the best celebrity parties that we have been to, and I can give names that is actually Tiffany haddishes and Tiffany throws a great game night party she does and she has people. Everyone has to bring a dish, and she has an entire house. It's potluck spades. It's like pot but she changes it every month and she does it monthly, and it's she has a house. It's entirely empty except for the food and the games that come into it. So every room there's like a different game going down. You got spades over here, you got another card game over here. She has a bouncy house in the backyard. Everybody brings a.
Speaker 6: Dish and you just go.
Speaker 1: That is so fun.
Speaker 6: It's really fun.
Speaker 7: There's anything like a daytime. It starts we day, but it.
Speaker 6: Starts in the day and it goes into the night and it just what about you too?
Speaker 4: About you two?
Speaker 3: I've been to some good ones, right party, Yes, the corn but do sell. So this is probably weird nowadays to share. But back in the day, I went to a Halloween party that uh, it was like very celebrity filled. My best friend doesn't know any celebrities, like she's one of those, so she kept asking Jessica Alba to take photos of her and then saying, this doesn't look good.
Speaker 4: The lighting is not right.
Speaker 6: Can you do it again?
Speaker 4: I love it?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, she kept rolling her eyes.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Jessica.
Speaker 3: But ultimately the party became an after party at Elon Muff's house. Everyone they took the phones like you had to put your phones in those bags.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was an unbelievable night.
Speaker 7: That's awesome.
Speaker 6: It was a good one, okay, Daniel.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that house was wild.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was really.
Speaker 3: There were like naked mermaids and glitter all over the house, like in the pools.
Speaker 7: Yes, please, yeah, wow, yes, it was one. We'll talk about that offline where the decorum is no longer that that's one place where I'm good with decorum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, offline, offline with your friends, yes, exactly.
Speaker 7: What about you, Siman? Was that was that bomb party you went to?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately we are out of time you guys, guys, I love you so much.
Speaker 4: Say that a lot.
Speaker 6: I really love you guys, We love you.
Speaker 7: I love you both.
Speaker 4: I love you guys too, and I missed you.
Speaker 2: And can I get us on a group chat so we can finally schedule something.
Speaker 7: Yes please, and we can have a party of our own.
Speaker 4: And then we'll have stories.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's the theme of the party.
Speaker 3: No decorum aloud. All right, thanks for joining us today, guys.
Speaker 7: Thanks for love you, guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Raven Simone is an Emmy Award winning actor, singer, producer, and director. She's also the host of the game show Scrabble. Miranda Mayde is the co host of the podcast Tea Time with Raven and Miranda. It's available wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: That's it for today's show.
Speaker 2: On Monday, we're joined by the Master of Nuance, herself, author and my good friend, Britt Baron. She's here to talk about her new book and how we can all navigate tough topics with the ones we love.
Speaker 3: Listen and follow The bright Side on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. The bright Side is a production of Hello, Sunshine and iHeart Podcasts and is executive produced by Reese Witherspoon.
Speaker 2: Production by Arcana Audio. Our producers are Jessica wenk Amy Padula and Laura Newcomb. Our senior producers, It's a Hintania. Our engineer is PJ. Shaham Matt.
Speaker 3: Arcana's executive producers are Francis Harlowe and Abby Ruzka. Arcana's head of production is Matt Schultz.
Speaker 2: Natalie Tulluck and Maureen Polo are the executive producers for Hello Sunshine.
Speaker 3: Julia Weaver is the supervising producer, and Ali Perry is the executive produce for iHeart Podcasts. Tim Palazzola is our showrunner. This week's episodes were recorded by Graham Gibson and Joel Morales.
Speaker 2: Our theme song is by Anna Stump and Hamilton Lighthouser. Special thanks to Connell Byrne and Will Pearson. I'm Simone Boyce. You can find me at Simone Boyce on Instagram and TikTok. And I'm Danielle Robe on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 1: That's ro O b A Y.
Speaker 4: We'll see you Monday, y'all keep looking on the bright side.